PDA

View Full Version : [CIO] Discussion Thread

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 2:25 AM
Approved by Psychic

Welcome to our official discussion thread! Please visit often enough to check for latest updates. I will be posting new maps, quest items, guidelines and In Game announcements here! If you have any questions about anything, Jean or I will be happy to answer.

~ Chaos War Reborn

<<Crimson Infinite>> Online

Helia

http://imageshack.us/a/img528/6391/helia.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/helia.jpg/)

Starting Hold:
The Starting Hold consists of the City of Pear Des, which is surrounded by Heartfelt Meadows. Venturing deeper to the south beyond Heartfelt Meadows is Deep Blue Lake.

- Heartfelt Meadows
o Monsters: Lvl: 1 - 3
Wolf [ Wolf Pelt/Wolf Tooth ] ... Horned Bison [ Bison Meat/Horn ] ... Lesser Serpent :Effect: Poison [ Antidote ] ...

- Deep Blue Lake
o Monsters: Lvl: 1 - 3
Rock Crab [ Crab Claw/Crab Meat ] ... Big Fish [ Blue Scale ] ... Electric Eel :Effect: Paralysis [ Deep Blue Pearl ]

http://imageshack.us/a/img688/5967/peardes.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/688/peardes.jpg/)

- Pear Des (Starting City): Pear Des is easily the most populated city in all of Helia due to it being an initial <<Log In>> spot. The entire city is protected by a great wall. Also a low level city, most items found and sold in town are basic. The map indicates crucial spots but is subject to change and will change as soon as edits are ready. Aside from the obvious, there are many NPC homes but also homes available for rent and sale if at one point you want a property, otherwise feel free to make use of Inns, which will be labeled along with the first update.

White Space:
These are the only visible areas on the world map. The rest is covered in a mysterious fog. There is a reason as to why the fog is in place, you cannot venture beyond the fog at this point. Everything will be revealed as soon as everyone has posted at least once!

World Rules:
- Cities and towns are PK protected
- Monsters cannot venture into towns or cities
- Duels are permitted within cities and towns
- Towns and cities are non-destructible environments
- Teleportation Crystals will take you back to a previously visited city or town
- Activated Beacons spread across Helia allow for fast travel (Between Beacons)
- Beacons are activated by Quest or Boss Battle only! I will post those Quests here as soon as I have them ready
- Max Party size is four PC
- You may accept/reject other players' requests
- Max 4 Potion Slots

Marriage System:
- Shared inventory
- Gold stays separate

Crime System:
- Robbery
- Assault
- Murder
o Includes killing non Quest NPCs as well as PKing
- All of these offenses will place your PC name on the Book of the Tainted (Available for every player to see right from the system menu and will allow others) Players may bring The Tainted to justice without infraction. Normally lesser charges will require the PC be jailed but at times "more" might be necessary.

Guilds:
- You may join as of LvL 1
- You must be minimum LvL 10 to create a Guild
- You may recruit other PCs including Serebii RP players or your own made up NPCs acting as PCs

Non Combat Skills:
Cooking
Smithing
Hunting
Mining
Alchemy
(I'm open to suggestions so speak up!)

Leveling: Jean and I will periodically Level you automatically based on achievement. Battling area monsters is not the only way to level. If you play and make good use of non combat skills, we will level you! I don't want everyone to think they have to spend countless posts battling area monsters to steadily grow only one level, try [Cooking], [Hunting], and other jobs!

Post Length: I only require the minimum allowed post length! The fact that I make battles so long, is because I personally enjoy it! You might have a different approach and I respect that! Quality over quantity. A short post that gets the message across effectively is times better than a giant block of none sense!

Skill Tree System: Combat || Non Combat
Coming Soon!

WARNING: The RP will start off sandbox mode but that will soon change ... !

In Game Menu (This portion is visible to your PC):

~

Book of Guilty
Nightshade: Assassin LvL 1 [Imprisonment] Reward: 10 Gold
Sabre: Warrior LvL 1 [Imprisonment] Reward: 12 Gold

Quest Log:
NPC Ralph's puppy, Lucky ran away and was last seen in Deep Blue Beach. Find Lucky and retrieve to owner at Bore's Items.
Rewards: 25 Gold//x2 Lesser Potion
Beacon Activation: Deep Blue Beach Beacon

~

Lastly and again, I don't want this RP to become a grind fest so I choose to avoid using exact numbers as far as HP and EXP. I will leave it to you to play responsibly. Please do NOT overpower or god Mod!

System announcements will be posted here so check back regularly ...

Lost™
13th December 2012, 2:33 AM
Yuki has his prey, it's hunting season XD

Mogar
13th December 2012, 2:44 AM
This rp is seriously so well thought out, holy man.
Hey for skills, what about gathering and crafting?

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 2:47 AM
Jean and I came up with something in conversation. She calls it Aesthetic Armor and I call it Vanity Armor. Same thing, really. This is for people who want to keep their armor the same forever or want a specific look. For my character changing the look due to future armor pretty much ruins the character, so she needs to wear Vanity. There is one Vanity per body part, except weapon. You are allowed to designate a set of Vanity clothes at character creation and then can buy others down the line. For example, the way my character shows a lot of skin is by using Vanity that hides the existing armor, making it look like no armor is being worn for say, leg armor.

Also for those not reading my posts, the shop in the northwest sells magic. It's called Morgana's Spells, and the one on the top right sells Weapons and Armor for level 5 and above. Haven't come up with a name for it yet, but keep an eye on my posts. Bore's Weapons and Armor only go up to 5.

Just filling in some "holes" in the map, so to speak.

BTW Chaos are we allowed to make up questgiving NPCs or only you can make that?

SenorLaughsaLot
13th December 2012, 2:51 AM
Hmm, how would quests like "Lucky" be done?
And Alchemy, how do we go about that?

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 2:55 AM
@ bronislav84 - I'll be adding labels soon. Just thought I'd at least get this up! I spoke to Jean about it earlier! I'll add a section detailing, thanks!

@ SpyroxPikachu - [Hunting] and [Mining] are gathering skills and [Smithing] is crafting! :D

Samantha Sparks
13th December 2012, 3:07 AM
I could suggest some new skills:
Swimming
Building

Of course, magic users can have waterwalking and flight... But that does seems to give them too much of an advantage...

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 3:09 AM
@ SenorLaughsaLot - Unless explicitly stated, Questing will be as easy as viewing the desired quest in the game menu and "Accepting". This will automatically place your player in questing mode. You can quest in a party, everyone who completes the quest receives the reward! In this case, as soon as you find Lucky, you add him to your party and bring him back! If Lucky were an item, it would be as simple as adding him to inventory and retrieving him to his owner. You are free to make up the dialogue as soon as you take Lucky back to his owner! Also this quest is a "Beacon Activation" Quest meaning on your way to find Lucky you can Activate the Beacon by simply touching it. Beacons allow for fast travel so you'd have a way to get back to town in an instant after finding Lucky. I only give you the basic guidelines and it's entirely up to you to decide how you go about the quest and what you encounter on your way. I apologize if it doesn't make much sense, I'm adding some more info to my main post, it will all be explained a bit more clearly.

Alchemy - I'll explain a bit more about the classes and what each involves and how they work but you may simply go find herbs/fruits and whatever you theme appropriate at the wilds or shops and then head to a local Inn where as of now is the only place you can find Alchemy Labs to work with. You decide what you mix and what you get but I ask that you do not overpower. I'm thinking Morgana's might also have an Alchemy Lab for your use! Soon enough, I'll allow for Portable Labs for those who wish to mix on the spot!

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 3:13 AM
Yea anybody having flight is pretty unfair, Sam.

So Chaos, about making up questgivers? Yes or no?

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 3:15 AM
@ bronislav84 - Absolutely! I only ask you are fair with what Rewards you take! I would also ask that the Quest is available for anyone to play!

@ Sam - Swimming is a good one! I'm not too sure how I'd make building work though ...

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 3:19 AM
Ok cool, and yea I will definitely do that. I was thinking we should make the quests pretty basic, like kill a boss or find something. I'm the kind of person who likes to do quests rather than xp grind, so I was hoping it was okay to make up quests. So yay.

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 3:24 AM
@ bronislav84 - Bosses I will be drawing a small line at only because I'm taking this RP through a twisted but specific path that none of you are expecting! What do you think is below all the fog? :D Smaller bosses, I'd first want you to run it by me first via PM ... The RP seems Sand Box but it soon won't be so much!

Let's just say I plan Boss fights to require not only Partys but entire Expeditions! I tend to make Boss fights grueling and difficult ...

SenorLaughsaLot
13th December 2012, 3:26 AM
I would most likely join many quests XD
So, quests are going to be first come, first serve?
Or can it be completed more than once if people choose to go solo on it?

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 3:29 AM
@ SenorLaughsaLot - Quests are open to everyone, once! There will be plenty of Quests so I don't think people will want to do a same one twice. You can definitely go Solo! If you Solo first and then Party, you won't get reward but Jean and I will certainly keep it in mind for LvL +.

EDIT: The only thing that is first come first serve are bounty missions! Since these are actual Player Characters!

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 3:32 AM
Alright I see Chaos, how about minibosses then? Kill so and so Elite.

In online games, quests are generally one off, but remain open on a per character basis. If one player completes it it doesn't bar others from doing so. The only caveat to that is you might need to wait for a respawn of the quest objective if too many people are doing it. There are repeatable quests, but these are almost always done for some other reason besides XP. Like say, daily tokens.

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 3:35 AM
@ bronislav - mini Bosses are fine just let me know beforehand what you have in mind once it comes up!

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 3:46 AM
Oh yea, sure, expect VMs when I think of stuff.

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 3:52 AM
In case I'm not Logged in you can always run it be Jean as well!

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 3:56 AM
Jean and I have been talking, too. It's harder to talk to two people at once, though.

DVB
13th December 2012, 4:08 AM
I am trying to wonder how things will develop.

Lost™
13th December 2012, 4:17 AM
Just posted... I'm trying to figure out a way to strip Yuki of his party... Maybe da hammer?

Since Yuki is a bounty hunter, it's not advised to get in the way of his marks...

Mogar
13th December 2012, 4:19 AM
Oh speaking of parties, could I have Alleline group up with someone? (I have no ideas, suggestions would be pretty rad)

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 4:27 AM
@ SpyroxPikachu - You can make up as many PCs as you need! If you mean to party up with someone here then I'm sure someone will want to! There's still quite a bit of people that have yet to post.

Lost™
13th December 2012, 4:29 AM
She could hook up with Yuki and his Group. (Ranged, Ranged, Magic, Healing. Perfect bounty party /shot). Maybe be compelled by a sudden urge of "justice" or something of the like.

SenorLaughsaLot
13th December 2012, 4:30 AM
I think it'd be interesting if the two shorties grouped up at one point. (Terra is 5')

Mogar
13th December 2012, 4:34 AM
I think it'd be interesting if the two shorties grouped up at one point. (Terra is 5')

Screeching. I apologize for forgetting but what class was Terra again?

SenorLaughsaLot
13th December 2012, 4:35 AM
Screeching. I apologize for forgetting but what class was Terra again?

He's an Earth Elementalist, he can bend earth.

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 4:41 AM
I was planning to meet up with the people by the shop if you guys could wait.

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 4:46 AM
Red Athena will be there for quite a while, the more the merrier she thinks! Also I'm cooking up an event which will start soon! I'm still waiting for everyone to post at least once.

@ Lost Requiem - Nightshade isn't in town! She's being chased by several guards out in the wilds. xD

SenorLaughsaLot
13th December 2012, 4:47 AM
I'm going to try to get a post up...
I was gonna do the Lucky quest, if that's alright.

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 4:50 AM
@ SenorLaughaLot - No need to ask about questing!

Lost™
13th December 2012, 4:54 AM
@War, I know that XD. Read carefully, and they're on the wall, for some reason, trying to get her to stop far away. Think of them following after Yuki's weapon

Monster Guy
13th December 2012, 4:55 AM
I was planning to meet up with the people by the shop if you guys could wait.

Don't worry, we can wait.

I kinda need to do a post with Luna. Since the her usual target of her insults has left town, your character is the next best thing. xD So, she'll be there too.

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 4:58 AM
We have a couple more SUs on their way and I'm making a third character! Personally, I'm gonna spread my characters quite a bit.

Lost™
13th December 2012, 5:05 AM
Three characters!? Good luck on juggling that War, good luck.

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 5:10 AM
Don't worry, we can wait.

I kinda need to do a post with Luna. Since the her usual target of her insults has left town, your character is the next best thing. xD So, she'll be there too.You do know there is a block feature in the game? Seriously don't feel like having to put a real player PC on Block. Insulting people are easily blocked. You'd be able to follow, but I wouldn't hear anything you say.
We have a couple more SUs on their way and I'm making a third character! Personally, I'm gonna spread my characters quite a bit.
Boss, you're crazy lol.

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 5:17 AM
@ Lost Requiem and bronislav84 - I've seen people join several RPs at once and they manage! So it's "Grendel's Emporium", eh? Ah well I'll have to edit once more since you didn't give me a name for that shop before! T___T

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 5:19 AM
Yea, sorry about that. It didn't come to me until I wrote it. I didn't plan it. It just sorta happened.

Monster Guy
13th December 2012, 5:21 AM
You do know there is a block feature in the game? Seriously don't feel like having to put a real player PC on Block. Insulting people are easily blocked. You'd be able to follow, but I wouldn't hear anything you say.
Boss, you're crazy lol.

Yeah, that makes life difficult. But being a bit cruel to certain people is part of her character. :/ Don't take her comments personally.

Can't post now, because It's late and I'm not on a computer.

Lost™
13th December 2012, 5:22 AM
@ Lost Requiem and bronislav84 - I've seen people join several RPs at once and they manage! So it's "Grendel's Emporium", eh? Ah well I'll have to edit once more since you didn't give me a name for that shop before! T___T

I meant for this RPG, I'm in like... Six??? And I find time to balance them out

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 5:27 AM
I could post but I got kicked off the lap top. >>;; And I have no spell check on my Ipda so ... I'm waiting on Jean to post as Aries so in the meantime I'll prepare a post with Red Athena and finish up my third SU. By the way, you guys have no idea what you're getting yourselves into by partying up with Athena ...

Six? Man, that's quite a bit ...

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 5:33 AM
Yeah, that makes life difficult. But being a bit cruel to certain people is part of her character. :/ Don't take her comments personally.

Can't post now, because It's late and I'm not on a computer.You say that lol, but good luck explaining it's not personal. I play a very no nonsense kind of character.

My character is too cute to be the target of insults, anyway.

Chaos, I honestly don't care what I'm getting myself into. Need some human interaction. Will deal with it as it comes. :)

Monster Guy
13th December 2012, 5:48 AM
I meant you don't take it personally. The character can be offended if s/he wants. xD (What pronoun do I use?) My characters have been called an idiot or some other not nice name plenty of times. xD I'm not insulted, because it's the character they're talking to, and not to me.

Samantha Sparks
13th December 2012, 5:52 AM
Say Chaos, if you're still thinking about areas external to our current map, as in whatever thw fog is hiding, I can give quite a bit of suggestions for inhabitant mooks and habitats.

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 5:58 AM
Mon you use "she" because my character is a girl ingame. I'm not offended, of course. But mean people do earn the block. You'd have to have a very good reason to not get blocked for the first thing you say and it's mean. Like, make her laugh with you. Like, an it's funny cause it's true kind of thing. Can't block you for that.

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 6:07 AM
@ Sam - Thanks! I'll keep that in mind!

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 6:10 AM
Chaos do you want me to change the shop name in my post to the one you put on the map or do you like the one I used better?

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 6:18 AM
Mine sounds generic. Leave it, man. I'll make the edit.

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 6:26 AM
Ok sounds good. Glad you like.

Samantha Sparks
13th December 2012, 6:45 AM
Ah well, suggestions are sometimes best given earlier.
I do have suggestions for future areas that the fog hides, and the mooks that inhabit it.

Desert
- Desert Eagle
- Cactus Warrior
- Sand Serpent
- Giant Tyrantula
- Gold Fox

Tundra
- Frost Golem
- Arctic Fox
- Arctic Wolf
- Giant Fish
- Greater Electric Eel

Forest
- Timberwolf
- Chimera (Preferably as a mini-boss, seeing how powerful those things generally are)
- Manticore
- Treant

Yokai Village
- Nine tailed Fox
- Jorougumo (Spider variety)
- Gyuki (Spider body, ox-head)

Asgard
- I highly doubt we're going to traverse into immortal planes so I'll leave this blank.

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 6:53 AM
Good stuff Sam! Heh ...

bronislav84
13th December 2012, 7:11 AM
How about a Volcano?

Samantha Sparks
13th December 2012, 7:42 AM
Ah yes, a volcano. Makes me think of lavawalking like how one walks on water.

Volcano
- Rock Golem
- Lava Slime
- Lava Golem
- Salamander
- Red Dragon

*Jean Grey*
13th December 2012, 8:10 AM
I'd like a pyramid-type dungeon myself. XD With...scarabs, mummies, undead robbers, undead priests and booby-traps (how one gets trapped in one depends on RNG) and the like. XD At least the bosses would be pretty easy to think of for that...think Ra or Osiris or even Anubis. XD Probably an encounterable dungeon in the middle of the desert? XD This can be one of those dungeons when healing a foe instead causes damage, and dark-element moves heal. XD Y'know, as a curveball as not to relegate healers to just...healing. XD

I also thought of an item list with prices for an early-game potion shop, so that people won't get confused. XD

Potions
Lesser Healing Potion - 5g
Basic Healing Potion - 9g
Healing Potion - 13g
Antidote - 7g
Holy Water - 9g
Basic Mana Potion - 8g
Mana Potion - 14g
Elixir - 25g

These are the more expensive but more effective choice. XD Holy Water removes "Curse" status, Mana Potions are for those who use offensive spells, healing, buffs and debuffs. Obviously, offensive spells tend to drain more mana than the other 3, so offensive casters will more likely use Mana Potions over the cheaper but less effective Water. As this is for early-game, probably until the next town, higher-tier stuff won't be available yet.

Food
Tomato - 4g
Lemon - 7g
Cheese - 11g
Water - 6g

Less expensive but less effective choice and is often subject to a character's food likes and dislikes, which makes them less universal. Tomato, Lemon and Cheese have similar effects to the three potions, however, they are less effective, healing a smaller amount, which is why they're cheaper. They're better for classes with lower HP. Water is like a Mana Potion but heals less. This one is probably ideal for melee classes who do not use magic as much. No matter what you do...Nightshade will not consume the <<Cheese>> item.

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 8:23 AM
Looks good Jean. No Cheese for Nightshade hu? Apparently she loves her tomatoes though.

*Jean Grey*
13th December 2012, 8:27 AM
Yeah, come on, she's Italian...she can't hate tomatoes! XD

PeeGee
13th December 2012, 9:57 AM
I'll try and get a post up soon, I've just been a bit busy with Christmas shopping and whatnot.

Monster Guy
13th December 2012, 12:14 PM
Yeah, come on, she's Italian...she can't hate tomatoes! XD

Yet she can hate cheese, which just about every Italian dish contains. :p

I'd suggest a pet shop of some sort. For those that want an animal companion and are willing to spend the gold for it. Obviously, there are certain animals that can't be purchased, and can only be tamed by a Beastmaster/Tamer/whatever you call it.

*Jean Grey*
13th December 2012, 12:24 PM
Heh, every weird hater can only hate one thing...not two exceedingly common things. Otherwise, she'd be stuck eating British scones and strange, tasteless food. XD

Black War Dragon
13th December 2012, 5:21 PM
@ Food Guy - that's what I'll be doing today.

@ Mon - I like the idea, for smaller pets of course, that way beast tamers are unique in that they can access the more powerful monsters.

@ Jean - That is funny considering what Mon said and is mostly true that Italian food has plenty of cheese. But leave it to Nightshade, right?

Aries can't cook. There. I said it.

*Jean Grey*
13th December 2012, 5:28 PM
Heh, yes. One common ingredient is enough...two is overkill. XD She'd be stuck eating Iggy's lethal scones if she hated both tomatoes and cheese. XD Thankfully though, Lovina loves tomatoes...though her favorite food is probably gelato ice cream. XD You guys better try to make Lovina less harsh...she cooks. BTW, just because she hates cheese doesn't mean that she won't cook with cheese. She just won't eat it. XD

Monster Guy
14th December 2012, 12:55 PM
Soo I'll ask this now. If you "die" in this game, do you die for real, or just respawn at an inn with half your money missing?

And do you actually feel pain when you get hurt in this game?

Black War Dragon
14th December 2012, 1:29 PM
@ Mon - You respawn back on the city square. You do not feel pain.

Samantha Sparks
14th December 2012, 2:44 PM
I also thought that we actually died like in SAO.

Say, I'm planning on a third character. He will have an odd ability known as <<The Fool>>. I call it the Joker class.
He is able to mimic up to four skills or attacks at a go, be it monster or player. However, once he uses a move 10 whole times, he will finally lose the attack until he mimics it again, or he can use his now-empty slot to mimic a new skill.

Of course, he has a basic attack, and its enhanced version. And he starts off with only 1 mimicry spot, and gaining more as he levels up, along with other spells involving wildcards.

Just to check. He does sound a little overpowered...

While he can mimic class-exclusive weapons and spells, he is unable to directly learn it from a spellshop or weapons shop.

bronislav84
14th December 2012, 2:55 PM
Yea, if it sounds overpowered even to you, it usually is. In this case, I have to say, it seems pretty overpowered even with the limitation. It's almost like shape shifting into monsters, which is another overpowered ability.

Maybe Chaos can tone it down enough. What say you Chaos?

Black War Dragon
14th December 2012, 3:10 PM
@ Samantha - Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The game may seem sandbox but I have plenty of plot prepared, I'm simply waiting on everyone to get a post in and get the feel of how the game will work.

I agree with bron, the character sounds OP. The main reason being he'd be godly in the sense that would be able to replace any character. I'm still working out with Jean how we're setting up the skill tree so I want you all to know we will have specific skill slots. That way we don't OP.

Delta Hunter
14th December 2012, 4:03 PM
Hello all, name's Delta. I'm honored to be joining all of you for this RP. Jean, Chaos, if you need help with the skill trees, just ask me. Most of my RPG experience comes from DnD though, but it's a rich place for good ideas and skills.

Black War Dragon
14th December 2012, 5:38 PM
Thanks Delta, I'll surely keep that in mind. I'm actually a DnD fan myself.

Just finished up my third SU, post with Red Athena coming up and later today I'll make edits to the front page post with more info. I'll also be posting a LvL Up message soon.

bronislav84
14th December 2012, 5:40 PM
Heh, delta thinks you can take damage in town. Lol, that means that person can't get nearly as mad at his character, and certainly wouldn't chase her.

Chaos you do mean skill trees for passive skills? Cause everybody having the same exact skills sounds pretty underwhelming and bland.

Black War Dragon
14th December 2012, 5:46 PM
For those of you interested in Duel, when engaged, to win this requires dropping your opponent's HP to 1. I'll add more details on the front page along with other edits I need to make. I'm currently in a middle of a post though.

I don't mean preset skill trees, what I mean is more like guidelines for how many slots you can have according to your level. You will be free to fill out said slots however you desire so long as you keep it based on your class. Jean and I will make suggestions if we feel anyone if OPing their character.

We are in the process of designing a 'template'.

So to answer your question, everyone should end up with unique skills.

Thanks for the patience everyone.

bronislav84
14th December 2012, 5:54 PM
Ah, I see, thanks for clarifying that.

I hope somebody corrects delta on the damage thing, cause as of now his post is pretty messed up. Maybe DVB can work around that.

Delta Hunter
14th December 2012, 5:59 PM
I got the message, I just don't have time at the moment to fix it. I'll fix it at some point today, don't worry about that

Black War Dragon
14th December 2012, 6:08 PM
@ Delta ~ Hey no worries. Just a suggestion so you don't have to edit much, an accidental duel should be easily added in to keep what you intend to see happen.

bronislav84
14th December 2012, 6:19 PM
If it's a duel though, wouldn't that mean nobody can help her? In most games I've played, health bars change color during a duel and nobody can help the dueling players until a winner is decided or somebody steps out of bounds for the duel arena.

Black War Dragon
14th December 2012, 6:26 PM
For the RP it will be as simple as [Accepting] to begin a duel. Someone can step in and while they cannot fight without it being a 2 v 1 in the first place, they might speak up and say it was a misunderstanding or something along those lines. There is a [Forfeit] option so that can always help. Of course, you lose the duel. In any case, I want people to have some liberties. While it is an MMO, the game is VR so that should give people a bit more movement.

Delta Hunter
14th December 2012, 7:20 PM
I fixed my post. Hopefully it won't interfer with any more rules. Sorry about all this.

Black War Dragon
14th December 2012, 7:40 PM
No need to say sorry. All is good!

Monster Guy
15th December 2012, 11:20 PM
Don't get used to the first person thing. I'll only do that when I have enough material to work with.

Also, Stella's opinions do not reflect my own.

bronislav84
16th December 2012, 5:01 AM
I know I'm the one being waited on. I have a good reason to be slow like this, and that reason is IRL stuff has been keeping me from posting. Apologies to all affected.

I'll post as soon as I can.

Black War Dragon
16th December 2012, 11:56 PM
No worries bron, we can wait.

Monster Guy
18th December 2012, 12:13 AM
Well, that was unexpected. xD

Now, if only I could come up with a reason for Luna to accept that friendship request. xD

Black War Dragon
18th December 2012, 3:09 AM
Red Athena post coming up. Also, I know I promised to update the front page, well I will it's just taking me a bit longer than I expected.

Mogar
18th December 2012, 11:38 PM
Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know that I wont be very active until Friday. So uh... Yeah!

Lost™
18th December 2012, 11:41 PM
Still waiting for Jean to respond to having a Shurikan appear in her character's face...

Black War Dragon
19th December 2012, 1:08 AM
@ Spyro - Thanks for letting us know!

@ Lost - I'm sure Jean is busy with finals so she'll probably post once she's done with that.

@ Mon - Well ... She did say she'd set them straight.

Is there anyone who isn't in a party who would like to join Pyro?

Mogar
19th December 2012, 6:28 AM
@Chaos; if youre willing to wait until Friday, he could join up with Meulin. c:

Black War Dragon
19th December 2012, 4:50 PM
@ Spyro - Sure thing, maybe we can get two more players join the party? Takers?

Monster Guy
19th December 2012, 5:02 PM
Parties

Kaari, Crimson Flame, Count DVB, Red Athena

Aries, Luna, Nightshade

Morningstar, The Hawkeye

Pyro, Meulin

Who am I forgetting?

bronislav84
19th December 2012, 5:13 PM
Forgot to spell my character name right lol.

Been so busy.

Black War Dragon
19th December 2012, 5:15 PM
@ Mon - Karai*

Also the following PCs have SUs but some have yet to post:

Nirvana (solo)
Yuki (Although he's in a bounty hunter party)
Terra (solo)
Literal Growth (solo)
Tyger (has yet to post)
Fiyero (has yet to post)
Hasura_Blade (solo)
Deltalia (solo)
Undine (solo)
Daisuke (solo)

Unless you have the intention of playing Solo then there should be enough PCs for everyone to have a party! I'm still waiting for people to post at least once before I take things to how they are supposed to be. I realize that doesn't make much sense but it will. Soon.

Samantha Sparks
20th December 2012, 1:06 AM
I do await the true plot.
Well, I can finally put Undine's enhanced swimming to the test.

I made Undine (temporarily) join Nirvana. I'm actually trying to spread out my characters so they'll split up later.

Black War Dragon
21st December 2012, 6:22 PM
@ Sam - I plan to have everyone meet at some point for both plot reasons and to have max interaction. It's just more fun if we switch parties around some.

Also, we had player drop so we now wait for Food Guy and then we move along!

bronislav84
21st December 2012, 6:37 PM
Max interaction or complete RP stall? Everybody having to react to everybody is not fun, dude. Easy way to kill a RP is to bring everybody to one place for an extended period of time. At least in my experience.

Also, who dropped?

Black War Dragon
21st December 2012, 6:43 PM
@ bron - No, everyone in the same place at the same time would be a ticking bomb. I meant more of people partying up with other people from time to time. Also, the Expedition system should allow for us to battle bosses in large groups while keeping interaction at an inter-party level so things don't get confusing and awkward.

bronislav84
21st December 2012, 7:21 PM
Ok yea, ticking bomb to RP death lol. I think I get it. As for meeting more people, that depends on the people don't it? Like I'd like Karai to meet Nightshade but no idea how.

So who dropped out, dude?

Monster Guy
21st December 2012, 7:43 PM
Because I am amazed JG hasn't done this already, I made the TvTropes page. :P

http://www.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrimsonInfiniteOnline (Main)

http://www.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/CrimsonInfiniteOnline (Characters)

Black War Dragon
21st December 2012, 8:09 PM
@ bron - You can always talk to the person and try and figure something out! Also, the silverwolf dropped unfortunately.

@ Mon - Thanks, man! Yeah, I would think she would do one, right? I'll edit "Lutz" out since his RPer dropped.

Edit: R Athena's Cloudcuckoolander had me laughing as I read through it. xD

bronislav84
21st December 2012, 9:08 PM
I've talked to Jean. We haven't been able to figure out a reason for them to meet.

Mon you got nothing on Karai huh? How about she's a girl being played by a boy player, and designed by a boy player? Got boing on a lot of our characters.

Monster Guy
21st December 2012, 9:15 PM
I've talked to Jean. We haven't been able to figure out a reason for them to meet.

Mon you got nothing on Karai huh? How about she's a girl being played by a boy player, and designed by a boy player? Got boing on a lot of our characters.

If I can find the trope for that, it will be added. xD

Other people can add stuff too.

Mogar
21st December 2012, 10:01 PM
Inactivity for me stops today, I apologize once again. I had to take my laptop into Future Shop for some repairs, so I've been using my phone. But now I'm back. :3c

@Mon, do they have a trope about catgirls for Meulin?

Black War Dragon
21st December 2012, 10:09 PM
It's fairly simple to add tropes for those of you that are interested. Feel free to edit everyone.

Also, SpyroxPikachu, I'll wait for you to post so we can have Meulin meet up with Pyro. I have to post on other RPs and I have some other stuff I need to do involving Art.

bronislav84
21st December 2012, 10:41 PM
Is there a trope for wolf girls?

Black War Dragon
1st January 2013, 8:53 PM
Stuff has come up and I will no longer be able to GM CIO, if anyone is interested in taking over please let me know soon.

bronislav84
1st January 2013, 9:58 PM
Oh, wow. Jean can't run it either? I would like to help on the MMO mechanics, but I definitely can't run another RP. And I was really enjoying CIO. If nobody takes over, then it's gone.

What about your characters? Our group is kinda stuck without a post for Red.

Black War Dragon
8th January 2013, 12:59 AM
Folks, I know I said I'd leave but it's because I wasn't sure how much time I'd have available but it seems I'll be able to keep this going. I'll be posting soon.

DVB
8th January 2013, 1:03 AM
...You're messing with us now, aren;t ya

Xander Kaiser
8th January 2013, 1:13 AM
Success! And I found that this thread exists. Time to lurk in it.

bronislav84
8th January 2013, 2:21 AM
Wooooooooooot! I was really enjoying this RP and was sad to see it go.

Post for Red will let our group continue onward.

Delta Hunter
10th January 2013, 4:11 PM
I'm alive, sorry about the silence, I just lost my RP drive after a spot of some rl trouble. I'm back, Deltalia will be doing stuff at some point tonight...I hope. I very hopingly hope.