PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

bobandbill
8th January 2013, 1:02 PM
Discuss the official Pokemon X and Y trailer here!

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

The trailer can be seen here:
http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-gb/

And here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2MYbmIxzer8

FlygonParty
8th January 2013, 2:44 PM
The Parisian setting is very exciting! Paris has many iconic landmarks other than the Eiffel Tower that I'd hope to see make it into the game - who knows, perhaps this means we could someday see Game Freak's take on London?

I haven't had a unanimously positive reaction to BOTH box legendaries since... well, considering that Lugia and Ho-Oh didn't debut in the traditional sense (having both made separate appearances within the anime) EVER. Groudon excited me but Kyogre underwhelmed, Dialga and Palkia both looked nonsensical (and continue to right up to this very day), and although I quickly learned to love Zekrom, it took a lot of warming up to Reshiram's design... but this new pair: WOW. They're both excellent.
Here's a question, in the close-up of the X-Deer's face, an "X" design is clearly integrated into the design of its eye.
Although I'm sure that it's counterpart shares this aesthetic ('cept, y'know, with a "Y"), is anyone else UNable to view the "Y" design within the eye of Y-Dragon (perhaps "Y-Bird," I haven't reached a theoretical verdict yet)?

Also, for once, Nintendo and Game Freak created the right amount of hype for this announcement, they didn't overdo it or undersell it - bravo!

Ludicoconut
8th January 2013, 2:47 PM
Many people are discussing froakie and its wierdish appearance in that it appears to be an old man frog. It actually seems to me like it could be a tiny cloud cape.

cookies kill you
8th January 2013, 2:50 PM
in the trailer it looks like they show off what could be some gyms even though some probably aren't. A grass gym with you swinging through the tree's maybe not that but it looks like a puzzle but for sure one gym type is defiantly going to be in it the bug type gym trainers on the web and at the end huge thing holding what looks to be the end that's for sure a gym and possible a fire gym

thepinkowl
8th January 2013, 2:54 PM
These news were SO exciting, I am so ready for a new pokemon generation!

The 3D graphics are awesome and so refreshing. Encountering and battling pokemon will be so much fun. I can't wait to see how they will all move and react. I also very much enjoyed how encountering pokemon in the wild look. The roller skates are also a very nice and cute addition and I hope they replace the running shoes (hopefully no more holding the b button down to run, ha.).

About the starters I can only say one thing, awsome.
Chespin; I love his chestnut design, and seeing how he also has some porcupine in him, I can see his final evolution going in to a really amazing direction.
Fennekin; The idea of a fennec fox pokemon is just lovely. I also think that the fire typing fits very well to an animal that lives in the desert. I am really curious to see what route its evolution will take.
Froakie; I really enjoy the colors of him and the cloud(?) on his back is cute. It's also nice that he looks more like a frog than a toad (like the tympole line). I hope his designs stays so sleek and doesn't end up making him too bulky.

I can't really decide yet which starter I like best, because I actually enjoy them all very much, though I am leaning towards Fennekin and Chespin the most. Can't wait to see their final stages. I am hoping that they go the black and white route with their final forms, and that they looks very different than everyone expected!

x0MoMusica0x
8th January 2013, 3:05 PM
im really excited about all of the new places. i mean, we're already somewhere in the European hemisphere, so maybe we'll get to go all over the place this time. im thinking that good ole' Nin did this since they are going to try to release the game worldwide UNANIMOUSLY. yeah, its more than just a small coincidence

as for the pokemon released, im only sold on the Y-Legendary.the dragon/bird hasn't been overdone (think Lugia/Reshiram), so it still has a lot of life in it. the X-Legendary looks over done, and i'll just leave it at that. the starters are gonna take some time to warming up (thank goodness that i have a whole year to do so), so when the game rolls around, maybe i wont just ditch them in the PC for whatever field Poke i catch first. Fennekin is looking exaggerated, but it'll probably be my premier choice despite my roll through all games with Water Poke (you never go wrong)

Also, for once, Nintendo and Game Freak created the right amount of hype for this announcement, they didn't overdo it or undersell it - bravo!

i have to agree with you on this. now we just wait for everyone to hype it up. hopefully we wont be disappointed...

stranger1260
8th January 2013, 3:06 PM
notice that in pokemon battles, there is no hp bar or pokemon information (gender, level, nickname etc.) and text box saying things like "it's super effective!". Perhaps all these things were moved to the bottom screen?

Eraserhead23
8th January 2013, 3:15 PM
notice that in pokemon battles, there is no hp bar or pokemon information (gender, level, nickname etc.) and text box saying things like "it's super effective!". Perhaps all these things were moved to the bottom screen?

well I'll be, I didn't even notice that!
So much change, it's scary :P

ysmr97
8th January 2013, 3:22 PM
There is only ONE official gym in the trailer revealed. It seems to be ghost or psychic

Locormus
8th January 2013, 3:31 PM
in the trailer it looks like they show off what could be some gyms even though some probably aren't. A grass gym with you swinging through the tree's maybe not that but it looks like a puzzle but for sure one gym type is defiantly going to be in it the bug type gym trainers on the web and at the end huge thing holding what looks to be the end that's for sure a gym and possible a fire gym

And there's the gym with the room. It has the Unova gym sign on it, so it is a gym at the least.. Probably Psychic/Ghost, or Dark based on the deep purple color and moving room.

Anybody else had a feeling of when the character falls into the spiderweb that it looked like a 'Mii' being dropped?

carboncopy
8th January 2013, 3:54 PM
I think this is the most that any announcement has revealed about a new gen. Definitely backs up the hype it got !

Battra
8th January 2013, 4:04 PM
Gen 6 huh I haven't even finished gen 5, & i've only started competitively battling in Gen 5. I'll be looking forward to it.

Locormus
8th January 2013, 5:06 PM

Perhaps, but we're looking only at the fighting-scenes. There's a good chance that the HP-bar moves when the pokemon attacks.

Gen 6 huh I haven't even finished gen 5, & i've only started competitively battling in Gen 5. I'll be looking forward to it.

Yeah... Dunno what to say.. I still remember giving Mijumaru the name Wotter when the shading was lifted.. Now we didn't even get to guess anymore.. I was like.. People, sit down, watch my history lesson, and whack, here's your new gen, eat it..

I didn't like it..

Malcolm Belmont
8th January 2013, 5:07 PM
The Trailer was perfect..not showing too much or showing too little..

Tavo_Zx
8th January 2013, 5:11 PM
Watching this trailer was probably the best way I could have started my day. I am really digging the new graphics. It looks really nice and playing the game with something other than sprites will be a very refreshing and exciting experience.

ebevan91
8th January 2013, 5:12 PM
I didn't even have to get out of bed to see this :)

Gotta love tablets.

Nibbles4Ever
8th January 2013, 5:13 PM
These game look so cool. I've been waiting for battles similar to the mystery dungeon games and the pokemon themselves look so wonderful. I also love fenneking but froakie isn't that bad either =D I'm still n shock that we are getting a new gen only 3 years after the 5th O.O

carboncopy
8th January 2013, 5:35 PM
how many guys here watched the trailer more than one ?

Littlemyuu
8th January 2013, 5:38 PM
how many guys here watched the trailer more than one ?

I think I watched it 8 times or so, keep getting tears, its so nice

I love the trailer! I was all excited when I saw the little quick shadows of the new starters,
love chespin, also the 2 legendarys, oh wow..I love the stag its so beutiful, I never could imagine cool Pokemon like this.

Steampunk
8th January 2013, 6:08 PM
i watched it 3 times. XD
i'll say this "i cant wait!"
i think the thing that cought my attention the most was the swinging on the rope/vine.

Kanethedragon
8th January 2013, 6:16 PM
i watched it 3 times. XD
i'll say this "i cant wait!"
i think the thing that cought my attention the most was the swinging on the rope/vine.

Agreed. I wonder how they are going to implement that. And it's also interesting to point out how there's Pokemon from older gens in the video, most likely meaning we will have about a good 150-300 Pokemon again on the regional dex.

Anima
8th January 2013, 6:55 PM
Well, it's been a while since a Fire type starter has taken my interest. Hopefully they don't make it another fire/fight type starter line. Three in a row is more than enough. Not really a fan of the other two starters though. That's usually the case for me anyway, so no big.

Yeah... They definitely didn't oversell it. Gen VI was the furthest from my mind when I was thinking about what this would be about. I thought it was going to be a R/S remake. This news is way better though!

Cyclone
8th January 2013, 6:56 PM
Looks really cool, but at the same time, seems like I was just looking at Tepig, Oshawott, and Snivy for the first time

carboncopy
8th January 2013, 7:15 PM
Pokemon is just going to get bigger and bigger from her. I think its as big as it used to be in 1999.

Aurath8
8th January 2013, 7:40 PM
Did anyone notice the statue across the lake in front of the mansion. There's a man, a golurk and what appears to be yet another new pokemon. It doesn't really look like anything we've had before.

Tavo_Zx
8th January 2013, 7:43 PM
Did anyone notice the statue across the lake in front of the mansion. There's a man, a golurk and what appears to be yet another new pokemon. It doesn't really look like anything we've had before.

It is a trainer with Golurk, Palpitoad and the Golurk has an Eevee in its hand. I saw it in high res pic., but I'm having some trouble trying to find it again.

MastersOfMonsters
8th January 2013, 7:50 PM
I'm only "dissapointed" we didn't see a New Eeveelution. XD Everything looks awesome. I just really, really hope there are around 130-150 new Pokémon. Just slightly over 100 would feel so little compared to last gen.

And, rope swinging looks neat. We didn't get very much info on anything (no new characters or so excluding the Players), which I understand since this is the very first we see. I hope the Evil Team (if there is one) are very evil and cool-looking. And I hope the story is great and unique. Aaand I hope there will be some evolutions for old Pkmn.

And that's it. For naow.

Interference
8th January 2013, 8:18 PM
>France

Eh, not my favorite place, but I really don't like NYC either, so not the worst place for a region I suppose.

I really like Fennekin, I'm defiently choosing it as my starter.

AND **** YEAH GOLURK IS IN THIS GAME.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
8th January 2013, 8:23 PM
anybody notice a female trainer following the male trainer in the forest? She looked a lot like Mei.

It is a trainer with Golurk, Palpitoad and the Golurk has an Eevee in its hand. I saw it in high res pic., but I'm having some trouble trying to find it again.

that scene reminds me of that plaque you read in the PokeAthlon Dome. How three pokemon and their trainer found a cure by doing 10 obstacles.

cuchifru
8th January 2013, 8:40 PM
I was scared when Pikachu popped up at the beggining of the trailer. I was like: PLEASE DONT TELL ME ITS POKEPARK 3

Cyclone
8th January 2013, 8:53 PM
Did anyone notice that when the character jumps across the vine, he drops his glasses? lol

Escheria
8th January 2013, 9:50 PM
Just saw it and I LOVE it. Finally the transition to real 3D environment and the starters are cool. I hope the new gen will stay cool :3 I skipped gen 5 and I thought I wouldn't go on playing, but then this came...

Amber_Fossil
8th January 2013, 9:58 PM

HI I'm NEW! My comments and such come from the new trailer.

I think we'll C a return of some Generation I type Gyms, like said...
Grass, Fire,
+ Psychic,

about the Web designed gym (LOL) it may be Bug but could be it's Ghost why not! Morty was a difficult gym for me in GEN II and even Soul+Heart would love it's return of that type gym...

well that is what I could get out of the trailer in Gyms,
I love the Serebii net site it's a great help :D

Gloryus
8th January 2013, 10:10 PM
I liked how the 6th Gen kept some familiarity with attack animations such as that Meinfoo's Aura Sphere, which kept the same colour scheme as the previous gens.

Ghoster23
8th January 2013, 10:41 PM

Sorry but I'll have to disagree since if you pay attention you'll see that before the attacks animation is over they've already change to a different battle or starter.

Eddieursa
8th January 2013, 10:42 PM
OK, I have seen the new trailer for Pokemon's Gneration VI and I want to comment several things with all of you:
+ I admit, the 3D world is really cool; although I'm very accustomed to the classical 2D.
+ I didn't expect they give us the names for some new Pokemon in several languages at the same time. It seems the world is getting smaller and smaller every time.
+ I tried to look for the origin of the new Pokemon names (Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie), but someone already did it before me. It seems the Grass type is like a hedgehog, the Fire type like a fox (just like Vulpix) and the Water type is like frog (like Poliwag or Tympole).
+ Pikachu on the Eiffel Tower? One of the backgrounds also shows a tower very similar to that. The designers are already tired of lands based of Japan so they are going to copy another country? No, wait; how about if this is a "international" journey? I mean, for the first time, we travel to several regions (countries) to collect ALL the existing Pokemon and win all the battles. Sounds exhausting, but cool; don't you think?
+ The story behind "Pokemon X" and "Pokemon Y", I don't think it has to do something with "male-female". It sounds to me more like the 3 dimensions (ironically, the 3D) of space. Which means, if the two first games are X and Y, then the "possible third" game would be "Pokemon Z". Don't you think? The male-female stuff makes me think that it will be a lot of "transgender" in this games, and that doesn't sound as something characteristic from Pokemon's world.
+ The Legendary Pokemon that represent the new games, I think their "connection" will be similar to the one between Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. I mean, a connection between "land", "sea" and "sky". The red one seems like a Dragon/Flying Pokemon that represents "sky", while the blue one looks like a deer with a Grass/Psychic type combination. So, the third legendary should be an animal able to form a "Z" with its body and related with the "sea". How about a Water/Dragon Pokemon that looks like a Sea Serpent, similar to Gyarados?

Well, opinions?

Zoruagible
8th January 2013, 10:50 PM
The trailer made me want this game real bad. It has a 3D world almost similar to the GamceCube games. I wonder what the bad team will be called

Charoshi
8th January 2013, 10:52 PM
All of my want!!

This game looks fantastic, the full 3D looks amazing. I am going to be waiting for October heavily. I am kinda glad they giving us worldwide releases all at once, although it might put a temporary hamper into my team building.

Dragalge
8th January 2013, 10:53 PM
Loved the trailer, I could watch it all day, the graphics and the battles were all thought out very nice and intriguing personally.

TheSirPeras
8th January 2013, 10:54 PM
The trailer made me want this game real bad. It has a 3D world almost similar to the GamceCube games. I wonder what the bad team will be called

Same here!! The battles looked amazing! And I wonder if when Pikachu was seen come out of the grass, if it will be like that for all wild Pokemon or just like Hidden grottos or something like that

Royal_Qeca
8th January 2013, 10:55 PM
+ The Legendary Pokemon that represent the new games, I think their "connection" will be similar to the one between Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza. I mean, a connection between "land", "sea" and "sky". The red one seems like a Dragon/Flying Pokemon that represents "sky", while the blue one looks like a deer with a Grass/Psychic type combination. So, the third legendary should be an animal able to form a "Z" with its body and related with the "sea". How about a Water/Dragon Pokemon that looks like a Sea Serpent, similar to Gyarados?

Well, opinions?

NO... MORE... DRAGONS!!!!1... as main legendaries.

Limelight788
8th January 2013, 10:56 PM
My interest in Pokémon died before the 5th gen arrived since I felt as the franchise would eventually stall itself.

Seeing the world in beautiful 3-D has brought me back to the franchise and I anxiously await the new gen and the new Pokémons that await us.

StingrayKurt
9th January 2013, 1:11 AM
This is amazing! They played the trailer at the perfect time in the morning for me to watch it live. First time I was ever able to watch a live announcement for pokemon. They are doing a great job. I can't wait to see more!

Kutie Pie
9th January 2013, 1:24 AM
Well, I can at least say for sure I'm not crying like I did last time because of how many Pokémon there were. Heck, I'm not crying at all, nor am I complaining and throwing my hands up screaming to the world "I'M DONE" like I did for the fifth generation. I'm still on neutral ground about this. I'll admit that I think it's neat that now they're going the Pokémon Stadium/Battle Revolution route when it comes to attacking, and that it will be in (hopefully) better 3D, so I imagine there will be a lot of ground to cover, and a lot of depth to it. I wonder if the region is based off Paris, or if it's actually based off parts of Europe. Unova is said to take elements from New York City, so I guess it would've been obvious that the next region would've taken place elsewhere in the world.

I'm just kinda sad right now because the 3DS is still pretty expensive, and I did just get Pokémon White for Christmas. And even then, I would like to get Black 2 prior to getting either Pokémon X or Y. So I'm gonna be pretty late... again. But oh well.

I also noticed the "X" Legendary may have swords for legs. Hmm. But I think the "Y" Legendary looks cooler. Still, we shall see what happens. When more information comes out, my decision'll probably be made before the release date. Chances are I may check this game out.

ga'hoolefan
9th January 2013, 2:45 AM
I'm hyped for this game. The trailer looks so beautiful. It keeps some mechanics of the series, while introducing others. (Rollerblades and customization are two possible ones I can think of. Personally, I'm excited to see wether it stays in France, or if you can run about in other European locales.

Also, I just realized I'll be in high school when these games come out.

Zenoah
9th January 2013, 3:10 AM
Im suprised we got to see the starters so soon. They normaly just show us shadows of them and release the real deal later. I was kinda hoping we'd get just the out lines...I was ready to draw up speculations! Still, Im excited for this. Not to keen on a frog starter. I was hoping that, since the first two were a bit OOC for starters, the water one would be diffrent...guess not.

Cant wait to see more info on this gen!

Darren!
9th January 2013, 3:13 AM
The player character staring into the mirror at thr start reminds me of the sims and had made me hope that there some form of character customisation in the games, also to me the character looks slightly similar to an animal crossing type of character , and due to the characters now in 3d i think it would be easy for the creators to at least add in the choice to change the players clothes. Bring a bit of battle revoloution inspiration into this game I say

Zenoah
9th January 2013, 3:17 AM
I would LOVE character customization! It would make everyone's character more unique. I've been wanting customizing for YEARS now...I really hope we get it in this gen!

Thomas Elliot
9th January 2013, 3:29 AM
I agree about the hype. Usually you see a bunch of quick shots showing some of the new Pokemon, probably an evolution or two of the starters. But for right now they showed just enough. Enough to get us intrigued and talking. They kept it simple, the 3 starters and the cover legendaries.

I just got Black 2 and White 2 myself, haven't even started them yet. So Gen 6 is a bit too quick for me as well, but what can you do eh? I don't play too many video games, so letting them stack a bit up isn't so bad to me.

Anima
9th January 2013, 3:44 AM
Hmm... You know, the quickness is starting to really bug me.

Think of those graphics. Those animations.

Now wonder if they did that for 700+ pokemon.

I'm going to be terrified until I get confirmation that the entire pokedex will be available in these games.

Kylesico912X
9th January 2013, 3:53 AM
I'm going to have to start saving up money for a 3DS. At least I have til october to get one. The Fire type is certainly interesting me but I swear to god, if it is another fire/fighting type, you will not hear the end of it.

Pepsi_Plunge
9th January 2013, 3:55 AM
Hmm... You know, the quickness is starting to really bug me.

Think of those graphics. Those animations.

Now wonder if they did that for 700+ pokemon.

I'm going to be terrified until I get confirmation that the entire pokedex will be available in these games.

Not like the games started being done yesterday, usually when they finish a game they have meetins to think of the next project and start the next game rigth away, so basicly this game is being done for ATLEAST 3 years and since when didnt we get an entire dex in the games before?

Hoenn didnt give us access to everything at first but the pokemon(sprites) existed.

MiguelTigre
9th January 2013, 3:58 AM
Did you guys see the Japanese trailer ?Anyone notice the DNA Helix in the logo for the new Pokemon games that's not in the English trailer? Can it be the Pokemon X and Pokemon Y are Pokemon Girl and Pokemon Boy?
MT

Zenoah
9th January 2013, 3:59 AM
Yeah I will rage quit if the fire type turns out fire/fighting.
I doubt it will thou. Since it's based off a fennic fox, a desert dwelling critter, I can see fire/ground.

JacklynFrosti
9th January 2013, 4:01 AM
OH.MY.ARCEUS!!!
I instantly fell in love with Fennekin. This is going to be my starter.
Its a cute little fox, and because in japanese culture kitsunes (foxes) are linked to fire, maybe in its evolutions it will grow tails. But that might be a rip off of Ninetales. As for its type, I see it as a fire and psychic type.

Zenoah
9th January 2013, 4:12 AM
I can see Fennekin Flamewalker getting a tail per evo. So 2nd stage would have 2 tails and 3rd would have 3.

Anima
9th January 2013, 4:26 AM
Not like the games started being done yesterday, usually when they finish a game they have meetins to think of the next project and start the next game rigth away, so basicly this game is being done for ATLEAST 3 years and since when didnt we get an entire dex in the games before?

Hoenn didnt give us access to everything at first but the pokemon(sprites) existed.

I know, but still. While most of the games all have 3-4 years between them none of the others use 3D character models. I'm more inclined to think it should take more time, not less or similar time than pixel art. Of course I could be completely wrong... But confirmation would still make me feel better.

Magnagates already caught me off guard with their limited amount of non-5th gen pokemon. I don't want to be disappointed by a mainstream pokemon game too ._.

Raguna
9th January 2013, 4:29 AM
I don't think Fennekin will go the Kitsune route. I mean, we already have Vulpix for that. I'm just hoping for a cool looking fox as it's last evo. And please, Fennekin, don't go fighting type on me! You're better than that!

Pepsi_Plunge
9th January 2013, 4:31 AM
I know, but still. While most of the games all have 3-4 years between them none of the others use 3D character models. I'm more inclined to think it should take more time, not less or similar time than pixel art. Of course I could be completely wrong... But confirmation would still make me feel better.

Magnagates already caught me off guard with their limited amount of non-5th gen pokemon. I don't want to be disappointed by a mainstream pokemon game too ._.

Again the models and possibly the games was already in developed 3+ years ago shouldn't bea problem if they are actually working.

Managate is not made by gamefreak, only the main franchise is done by gamefreak.

Zenoah
9th January 2013, 4:38 AM
I dont think they'd go the fire/fighting route since fennic foxes are from the desert. If it has a dual type, it will probaly have ground as a secondary.

ECM
9th January 2013, 4:42 AM
It's hard for me to believe that about 14-15 years ago, I was playing the original Pokémon games. Seeing the trailer and seeing the game in 3D made me feel way old. That being said, I think it'd be awesome to have character customization. I'm hoping that the mirror was supposed to be hinting at it. As for the legendary Pokémon, they're okay I guess. I've never been a huge fan of legendaries. The only ones I really like are Mewtwo, Mew, and Jirachi. That trailer left me wanting so much more information. I just really want to see all the new Pokémon.

halloweenghost
9th January 2013, 4:47 AM
I like the statue of the trainer with a golurk, a palpitoad, an eevee,.. and I can;t quite make out what else is there..

Wulava
9th January 2013, 5:30 AM
I like the statue of the trainer with a golurk, a palpitoad, an eevee,.. and I can;t quite make out what else is there..

I think that's all there is in that statue.
The question is, who could that be? It can be someone important, or just a statue of a random guy.

Quillz
9th January 2013, 5:35 AM
The trailer looked very good, especially as it appeared the protagonist was using roller skates or something other than a bike. I liked that they went with cel shading, as I always felt it was an under appreciated art style and one that doesn't look extremely dated after just a few years (like B/W/B2/W2 will look, as far as I'm concerned.)

PrismaticPrincessAnna
9th January 2013, 7:32 AM
Wow, I just saw it twice now ^^ I lvoe the rgaphics and stuff :D I just need to get me a 3DS, nya~

scorpio66
9th January 2013, 8:27 AM
By the looks of the trailer there will be a Psychic, a Bug and a Fire gym.
The gyms I most want are a strong normal type gym, a steel gym, an ice gym, a fire gym (which it appears there may be), a bug gym (which it appears there may be), a poison gym and a dark gym!

I feel that ice, dark, and steel gyms would be particularly cool!

jireh the provider
9th January 2013, 9:55 AM
The trailer, guys and girls, here is today's formula!

ZWW= The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
P= Pokemon
Cs= cel shading
TDG = 3D graphics
CF= Charm factor

(P * CF) + ZWW (Cs + TDG) = Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!

Awesome way to show at long last to 3DS (for those who wanted to stick to the DS are those who are still seeing the 3DS at the price of 250 dollars back then).

Chilled2m7
9th January 2013, 10:25 AM
Back in the day, Pokemon Gold and Silver convinced me to get a Gameboy Advance. Looks like X and Y are gonna get me to drop some money on a 3DS finally!

carboncopy
9th January 2013, 10:35 AM
Anyone else felt nostalgic when he did the recap of red, blue, gold,etc. and when the trailer played the starting music of pokemon red and blue ?

mockingjay
9th January 2013, 10:41 AM
If Game Freak continues this then in what, 10 years they'll have to design thousands of Pokemon for every single game they release.

carboncopy
9th January 2013, 10:45 AM
If Game Freak continues this then in what, 10 years they'll have to design thousands of Pokemon for every single game they release.

i really hope they slow down drastically after gen 7. maybe add about 10-20 pokes gen 8 onwards ? and then stop all together. Not that I mind more pokes too much, its just that it will soon become a logistical NIGHTMARE !

Aurath8
9th January 2013, 6:01 PM

They'll just use or update the 3d models of the previous game. If anything it will be easier because they redesigned most sprites each generation but they won't with the models because they're constantly in motion.

Locormus
9th January 2013, 6:39 PM
Back in the day, Pokemon Gold and Silver convinced me to get a Gameboy Advance. Looks like X and Y are gonna get me to drop some money on a 3DS finally!

That doesn't make any sense.. You can play Gold and Silver on a Gameboy.. Unless you had never played Pokemon before and didn't have a Gameboy.. Confused...

i really hope they slow down drastically after gen 7. maybe add about 10-20 pokes gen 8 onwards ? and then stop all together. Not that I mind more pokes too much, its just that it will soon become a logistical NIGHTMARE !

Yeah, add 10-20 pokemon in Gen8...

Lets see:
- 9 starter pokemon...
- 1 single new capturable pokemon that doesn't even evolve...

AMAZING!!! Let them reuse box art legendaries as well! Or go back to the basics and use the starters as box art pokemon!

Kage-Pikachu
9th January 2013, 7:48 PM
lol, I gotta agree with you there. Having 10 -20 new Pokemon would be a waste unless it was a sequel to the previous game and the new Pokemon were just additions.

I thought the trailer looked great, Hopefully, and this is a long shot, but hopefully those glasses are just the sunglasses needed to get through sandstorms...

I really like how Pokemon are shown utilizing and attacking their opponents in battle. I've dreamed of this ever since the first generation. Hopefully, missed attacks will still be animated, like having the Pokemon move out of the way or something. Yeah it could get annoying watching an attack animate only to miss but I think it would add more realism than to just make a sitting/standing/floating/swimming (Crowd: We get it!!!) Pokemon move ro dodge something like Thunder or Hyper Beam instead of just remaining stationary.

I can't wait to see how Generation 7 takes this even further! But what I really want is Pokemon Z. But who knows, maybe we'll get another dual sequel! I'm so glad I didn't skkip over Black and White because I would have looked like an idiot, lol.

halloweenghost
9th January 2013, 10:39 PM

back in the day,.. when pokemon was still new,.. there was a rumor that gamefreak had a list of a thousand rough drafted pokemon. or at least a list of ideas for pokemon..

hever
9th January 2013, 10:42 PM
No one can beat the original Pokemanz. I noticed that the new ones are trying-hard, overly designed ugly monsters.

Aurath8
9th January 2013, 11:04 PM
back in the day,.. when pokemon was still new,.. there was a rumor that gamefreak had a list of a thousand rough drafted pokemon. or at least a list of ideas for pokemon..

It's true. GF end up having 3 times as many pokemon ideas than the ones that actually make it into the games each generation.

No one can beat the original Pokemanz. I noticed that the new ones are trying-hard, overly designed ugly monsters.

Try-hard and overly designed? The legendaries maybe, but I'd be annoyed if they just kept coming up with simplistic designs like Voltorb or Diglett. And ugly? Not every pokemon will look cute or awesome, as has been every generation.

King Shuckle
9th January 2013, 11:06 PM
Anyone else notice that during the battles, you can see leaves blowing on the field and the circular grass moving about? It's subtle touches like that that makes this game amazing already.

halloweenghost
9th January 2013, 11:14 PM
I seriously doubt it,..but it would be cool if we could finally customize our trainer since the first of the trailer he's looking in the mirror.. would be a cool spot to customize our trainer at.. I doubt it thoguh.

Kage-Pikachu
10th January 2013, 12:27 AM
I agree, I really didn't like the appearance of the male trainer in gen 5.

I really hope that we will be able to have walking Pokemon again. I miss that from Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but going by the trailer it seems unlikely that it will be included. I hope the next trailer shows NPCs interacting with each other or surfing. I'm also looking forward to how evolution is going to be animated.

wastersteve
10th January 2013, 4:28 AM
I wish the would make a custom avatar for your character. It would be easy enough. like in battle revolution, with 3 body types, outfits, and hats for each gender. It would make online battling more interesting too. Lets face it, I've been playing these games for 15 years. And I'm not a kid anymore. And I am also super stoked for pokemon z. Its going to happen. It's the 3rd plane of a 3D model. X = height. Y = width. Z = depth. And I wonder what wonderful legendary that will bring. But I am jumping the gun haha. But the new game reminds me of Gale of Darkness XD which I love, and still play from time to time.

Lion Demon
10th January 2013, 8:12 PM
I'm genuinely psyched for all the new pokemons, gym leaders, elite 4, champion & antagonists!

Kai-zero
10th January 2013, 8:14 PM
Holy crap! This is awesome.

A whole new generation already.

I've been playing these games since 1998 and I remember always hearing about the next gen close to a full year before it finally came to America.

Love the new starters, we'll finally have a non-Fire/Fighting starter after 3 Gens!

Though I have to admit that I'm falling behind a bit. I haven't finished doing everything you can do in Black and White yet. I've beaten the main storyline and everything but haven't explored every part of the region yet.

I haven't even bought Black 2 or White 2 yet and now I have 9 months before 6th generation comes out. I need to get crackin' to stay up to date now days.

Also does anyone else realise that GameFreak didn't have to make another remake in 5th Gen? They got B2/W2 out fast enough that they didn't make a R/S remake to tide us over. Not only that but now they've got a whole new Gen coming out within less than a year of their latest release. So GameFreak and Nintendo have finally streamlined the production of Pokemon games so much that they may never have to make another remake again.

Maybe this is what the Pokemon franchise wanted to do since 1999/2000 when they were at the height of their popularity? Make their games so well that they can release them worldwide all at once. Bring the entire Pokemon fandom across the world together everytime they release a new game? It would certainly see massive boosts in profit and revenue for the companies involved.

Maybe that was the true plan all along?

Southern Latios
10th January 2013, 9:32 PM
The animation is spot-on. I did not really like the sprites animation in Generation V, but this one looks very sleek and dynamic.

BBtheASH
10th January 2013, 11:05 PM
I wish the would make a custom avatar for your character. It would be easy enough. like in battle revolution, with 3 body types, outfits, and hats for each gender. It would make online battling more interesting too. Lets face it, I've been playing these games for 15 years. And I'm not a kid anymore. And I am also super stoked for pokemon z. Its going to happen. It's the 3rd plane of a 3D model. X = height. Y = width. Z = depth. And I wonder what wonderful legendary that will bring. But I am jumping the gun haha. But the new game reminds me of Gale of Darkness XD which I love, and still play from time to time.

I think your mistakin. X =width and Y=height.....
But anyways. I wouldn't mind a Pokemon Z installation

Oao
10th January 2013, 11:18 PM
The trailer was great and makes me wish there was. I hope that there is another trailer soon showing a lot more of the gameplay without showing to much.

german suplex
11th January 2013, 5:23 AM
My reaction to the trailer

http://justgoabroad.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/carlton-dance-o.gif

I watched it like a gabajillion times. What bothers me is that why did GF chose to show second attacks to the starters? I mean they could just show the primary attacks Grass/Fire/Water.

GF is teasing better than most strippers do lol.

kireadenip
11th January 2013, 9:48 AM
As I watched the announcement for the newest Pokémon game X and Y I could help but think the colors associated with the legendary Pokémon. X = bluish and Y= red/pinkish. And I thought to myself hmmm boy girl... biology of chromosomes x boy, y girl... so I thought that is no coincidence. So I believed that it would have to do something with DNA. That's what I believed when I first saw the video.

Then If you look closer at the title of the Pokémon games in the cocoro images there is a distinctive double-helix or DNA strand. Since the last game introduced a new concept but only to a certain species I think that new concept is here to stay and that it will make a big impact. This next release of Pokémon on the 3DS will introduce more DNA splicing. This would only make Pokémon more interesting. Breeding group = splicing group? (Not saying they are the same group, just saying hopefully Game freak and/or Nintendo implement a DNA splicing group, or who ever it's in charge of implementing that feature... if it is a feature, also not just limiting that feature to a select group. Chances are since this would be new they will have little splicing or limited to the one species now and a few more in generation 6)

What is your take on this?

Sealotic
11th January 2013, 11:28 PM
There is only ONE official gym in the trailer revealed. It seems to be ghost or psychic

I wasn't paying attention I guess, that's a good news for the trainer that I am ! I love psychic/ghost pokemon

There's also a big room with 2 firewalls... a fire gym or a room of the elite four ?

R.A.C.ratatatwatte
12th January 2013, 2:25 PM
Actually 3 possible gyms were revealed bug(with the spider web), phsycic, and the wine swinging part of the trailer is most likely a grass gym at the beginning, the fire place was to epic to be a gym most likely elite 4

Everlasting
12th January 2013, 4:37 PM
There's also a big room with 2 firewalls... a fire gym or a room of the elite four ?

It's truely possible to be a room who's in a certain link with the Elite Four, but I doubt, big like that, it could be a Fire Gym Leader. It's too much "impressive" to just being a gym leader. I'm pretty sure it could be the step before the room of the Champion of this League too, wich could be sepcialized in the fire type or Pokémon who look-like to fire types.

Actually 3 possible gyms were revealed bug(with the spider web), phsycic, and the wine swinging part of the trailer is most likely a grass gym at the beginning, the fire place was to epic to be a gym most likely elite 4
If you are correct, with the Psychic, Bug and Grass types Gym Leader, that could probably mean that there will be some interesting new Pokémon of these types.

Chimchar15
12th January 2013, 4:49 PM
As I watched the announcement for the newest Pokémon game X and Y I could help but think the colors associated with the legendary Pokémon. X = bluish and Y= red/pinkish. And I thought to myself hmmm boy girl... biology of chromosomes x boy, y girl... so I thought that is no coincidence. So I believed that it would have to do something with DNA. That's what I believed when I first saw the video.

Then If you look closer at the title of the Pokémon games in the cocoro images there is a distinctive double-helix or DNA strand. Since the last game introduced a new concept but only to a certain species I think that new concept is here to stay and that it will make a big impact. This next release of Pokémon on the 3DS will introduce more DNA splicing. This would only make Pokémon more interesting. Breeding group = splicing group? (Not saying they are the same group, just saying hopefully Game freak and/or Nintendo implement a DNA splicing group, or who ever it's in charge of implementing that feature... if it is a feature, also not just limiting that feature to a select group. Chances are since this would be new they will have little splicing or limited to the one species now and a few more in generation 6)

What is your take on this?

Umm you have the chromosomes things reversed. XX is girl XY is boy. It's not a bad theory though as others have guessed this as well. Eirher way I really can't wait to see where they go with this.

GreatGonzales
12th January 2013, 4:52 PM
While I'm surprised (and a little impressed) that we're getting generation six already, the trailer could not have been more disappointing.

I honestly could've believed that I was looking at the Atari Jaguar with those graphics. They were extremely geometric, primitive, bulky, and just plain ugly. The camera angle is atrocious, the player character blocks nearly 1/3 of the page. The new starters are the least creative pokemon I've ever seen. They seriously look like a glorified 5-year old's doodle. The legendaries look decent, but a wyvern and.....a deer?

The player character looks the dumbest yet. I hated the black and white male avatar, I hated the black and white 2 male avatar, but this....it's actually turning me from buying the game. I've always had no hesistation when buying the pokemon games, but now I have to think about it.

Everlasting
12th January 2013, 4:54 PM
While I'm surprised (and a little impressed) that we're getting generation six already, the trailer could not have been more disappointing.

I honestly could've believed that I was looking at the Atari Jaguar with those graphics. They were extremely geometric, primitive, bulky, and just plain ugly. The camera angle is atrocious, the player character blocks nearly 1/3 of the page. The new starters are the least creative pokemon I've ever seen. They seriously look like a glorified 5-year old's doodle. The legendaries look decent, but a wyvern and.....a deer?

The player character looks the dumbest yet. I hated the black and white male avatar, I hated the black and white 2 male avatar, but this....it's actually turning me from buying the game. I've always had no hesistation when buying the pokemon games, but now I have to think about it.

We cannot make miracles with a 3DS you know. Don't believe you'll have PS3 or XBOX 360 graphics with theses types of game.

adamfitz
12th January 2013, 4:58 PM
Love the graphics in the trailer!, will be great!

Caseydia
12th January 2013, 6:19 PM
The looks of the trainers in this game make their heads so huge while their bodies so small. It's really weird. But who knows? Maybe you can actually eat in this game.

Kingudora
12th January 2013, 6:26 PM
The looks of the trainers in this game make their heads so huge while their bodies so small. It's really weird. But who knows? Maybe you can actually eat in this game.
This is most likely a compromise between the look of overworld sprites in the earlier games (Huge head, small body) and more realistic body proportions.

avsimone
12th January 2013, 7:00 PM
Well I'll be! not only is this trailer incredibly exciting, fast paced and practically perfect in every way, but it is also one of the earliest trailers to come out in relation with the announcement of the game/generation. The facte that they are releasing it worldwide at the same time, is a huge step up from the usually delayed releases. The region looks awesome, it didn't show us all of theregion, but diversity with the small towns, the large cities (which I loved in BW, that's what a city is supposed to be!) and the routes and even the grass!

Chimchar15
12th January 2013, 7:13 PM
It's truely possible to be a room who's in a certain link with the Elite Four, but I doubt, big like that, it could be a Fire Gym Leader. It's too much "impressive" to just being a gym leader. I'm pretty sure it could be the step before the room of the Champion of this League too, wich could be sepcialized in the fire type or Pokémon who look-like to fire types.

If you are correct, with the Psychic, Bug and Grass types Gym Leader, that could probably mean that there will be some interesting new Pokémon of these types.

I honestly don't get why people say the room is too impressive or grand for it to be for a fire gym leader. It's a fire gym so it has to look pretty intense. The never show elite four rooms prerelease and I don't think they'll start now. Plus with all the graphical improvements that these games will have don't be surprised if all the gyms look this impressive.. Seriously that psychic/ghost type gym that came back together looks pretty crazy already. We keep forgetting that with every new iteration of games the gyms keep getting better. Drayden's gym in B2W2 looked really intense for just a gym. The point is don't be surprised if all the gyms in this region take what we know to another level.

Plus side down side
12th January 2013, 7:21 PM
I honestly don't get why people say the room is too impressive or grand for it to be for a fire gym leader. It's a fire gym so it has to look pretty intense. The never show elite four rooms prerelease and I don't think they'll start now. Plus with all the graphical improvements that these games will have don't be surprised if all the gyms look this impressive.. Seriously that psychic/ghost type gym that came back together looks pretty crazy already. We keep forgetting that with every new iteration of games the gyms keep getting better. Drayden's gym in B2W2 looked really intense for just a gym. The point is don't be surprised if all the gyms in this region take what we know to another level.

I agree. I think it's weird that people think it's too extravagant when really, it could even be the final gym which could explain the extravagance.

But we haven't even considered the possibility that it could be part of the villains hideout or something.

pokemonbw01
12th January 2013, 7:32 PM
Actually 3 possible gyms were revealed bug(with the spider web), psychic, and the wine swinging part of the trailer is most likely a grass gym at the beginning, the fire place was to epic to be a gym most likely elite 4

You meant vine.....And, by the way, I agree that it may be a grass gym and the part that spider web is bug. Also, the fire place might be elite 4. But, where was psychic type shown? Or, did I not pay attention to it?

wunderkind
12th January 2013, 7:49 PM
You meant vine.....And, by the way, I agree that it may be a grass gym and the part that spider web is bug. Also, the fire place might be elite 4. But, where was psychic type shown? Or, did I not pay attention to it?

At one point in the trailer it shows the female PC standing in room that forms around her. If you look, you can see two of those gym statues that appear at the entrances of every gym. Most people are guessing that it's a Psychic or Ghost gym, because, well... what other gym would appear to be in another dimension?

Chimchar15
12th January 2013, 7:49 PM
I agree. I think it's weird that people think it's too extravagant when really, it could even be the final gym which could explain the extravagance.

But we haven't even considered the possibility that it could be part of the villains hideout or something.

If it is the villain's hideout that would be the most awesome villain's hideout EVER. Also in the scene where the player is running down route 3 we could see a building with a red rooftop in the town. I think it could possibly be the new Pokemon center. Man I can't wait to seen some actually gameplay from this game.

Eve of the Apocolypse
12th January 2013, 7:57 PM
Yes, I think the domed buildings shown in the badlands were the hideout for the evil team. It may perhaps be an abandoned laboratory, filled with ghost or poison Pokemon. Or both; it's possible that the evil team is a group of crazed scientists, but we didn't hear anything about the evil team so far, so I find my theory likely. However, I'll wait for more official info before I decide.

GreatGonzales
12th January 2013, 8:29 PM
We cannot make miracles with a 3DS you know. Don't believe you'll have PS3 or XBOX 360 graphics with theses types of game.

There's a middle ground between what I watched and Xbox 360 graphics.

Everlasting
12th January 2013, 9:52 PM
There's a middle ground between what I watched and Xbox 360 graphics.

Wait to have the game in front of you before saying this. It's just a trailer, after all.

[aka]
13th January 2013, 12:41 AM
Did anybody else notice that the female trainer only had glasses on her hat when she was in the (presumed) Psychic Gym? I've heard the same is true for the male, but I haven't noticed it myself.

BBtheASH
13th January 2013, 1:17 AM

I disagree that its a grass gym only because of how closely related Xerneas and Yveltal are to norse mythology, I think that tree might be part of the story plot and be much more like an important landmark only because a giant tree sounds a lot like Midgard of Norse Mythology.
I STILL DON'T RULE OUT THE IDEA OF GRASS GYM THOUGH.

Oceanuis
13th January 2013, 9:59 AM
As I saw the trailer, one building looked similar to the Palace of Versailles.

german suplex
13th January 2013, 10:12 AM
I disagree that its a grass gym only because of how closely related Xerneas and Yveltal are to norse mythology, I think that tree might be part of the story plot and be much more like an important landmark only because a giant tree sounds a lot like Midgard of Norse Mythology.
I STILL DON'T RULE OUT THE IDEA OF GRASS GYM THOUGH.

Agreed. I'm thinking, if the whole Norse Mythology is true, the Giant Tree (Yggdrasil) is an important landmark. It could be where you will encounter Xerneas/Yveltal.

As I saw the trailer, one building looked similar to the Palace of Versailles.

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1357984729720.png

Sparky42
14th January 2013, 8:03 PM
Okay, so here are a few of the things I picked up on:

First off, I wanted to get a sense of the region. In the begin of the trailer, Pikachu does an introduction on top of what appears to be the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Not only that, Later on in the video when the trainer is moving through the town, in the background shows a tower which remarkably resembles the Eiffel Tower. Also, the buildings seem to have a European like architecture to them. One of the biggest things I saw in regards to where the region could be based, is when the girl is crossing the bridge you see a statue in the lake. If you look very closely at that statue you can see a Golurk, Palpitoad, and to the left of Palpitoad, again if you look closely, you can see what seems to be a Knight in Middle Aged armor. One final detail I realized, in one scene the trainer is walking down a route which has a route signpost with the number 3 on it. In the games pre-Black and White, all the regions where based off of actual regions in Japan which is why with each new game the regions just increased in number. Now Black and White had new route numbers because it seemed to be based off of a New York City. With that in mind, since the route marker shows "3", it could add the to assumption that the region could be based off Paris.

Secondly, earlier in the trailer you see the boy trainer look at himself in the mirror. On top of his hat are sun glasses, which to me based off of the other games characters seems slightly out of place. Unless the option of outfit customization is introduced. To further support this theory, the glasses can be seen in every scene except in the scene where the boy trainer is swing from the wines, the glasses are not on his hat. However, after looking over that scene over and over, I noticed that the glasses are actually left behind the trainer as he swings. Knowing that this trailer is obviously pre-alpha stages, it's likely that the developers have yet to pin the accessory to the moving trainer.

Thirdly, the thing that everyone wants to know about is the second type that the starters will eventually acquire after evolving. In the battle scenes, Chespin uses what seems to be a move that resembles Night Slash, Fennekin uses a move that resembles Psywave, and Froakie uses a move that resembles Close Combat. With that said, the starter's evolution could be Grass-Dark, Fire-Psychic, and Water-Fighting. Now with that in mind, this would create almost a "second layer" of starter weaknesses meaning that with Grass being weak to Fire, Psychic is weak to Dark. As well as, Fighting is weak to Psychic, and Dark is weak to Fighting. So when your starter evolves it could potentially give you an edge over your rival's starter evolution's acquired second type.

UnovaCastaway
14th January 2013, 8:55 PM
I still think that the vine swinging is in a Grass Gym. For some reason, I find legendary locations to be more ancient or majestic (Dragonspiral Tower, Spear Pillar) than what looks like a trainer facility such as a gym.

Gyms usually have puzzles or otherwise quirky gimmicks like that.

X Rat
15th January 2013, 4:48 PM
The trailer was great, and I think I read somewhere, maybe IGN or something, the graphics may look a little poor because they are stretched for the trailer. Myself, I think it looks great. Not only are they making the transition to 3D from sprites (i.e. using polygons), it will also be 3D (I am going to be buying a 3DS soon in anticipation). I have bought a Pokemon game from each generation, but I think this will be the first one I follow closely from announcement to launch. Excited (but it is also going to be over eight months of waiting)

Zyon
15th January 2013, 5:27 PM
The giant tree with the vines could be a grass gym, there's not much from the trailer to confirm it but it's defiantly a possibility. The one with the changing room is defiantly a gym because of the two statues. I'm guessing it's most likely a psychic gym because of the fact what other gym could warp dimensions, I'm not ruling out a ghost gym however to me if it was a ghost gym it would be creepy an dark sort of like Mortys in HG/SS. The place with the giant web male character lands on just screams out BUG gym to me. The area with the towering flames seems more like the Elite Four, they've always have a show to make it look dramatic especially with these later generations now(Just look at B/W, B2/W2).

Did anyone notice the part where the male character is moving away from the White Tower, he's not running but gliding as if he was wearing skates. Is it possible they're adding roller blades along with the running shoes?(cause you can still see them running as well.)

Overall I'm loving Pokemon X and Y, the graphic's and gameplay are long over due an I'm just amazed by how it looks in the trailer. I'll admit I'm gonna miss the traditional 2-D sprites but after 15 years of it, it's good to see it finally change an it looks great.
Now if only the rumors are true that the final evolution for the fire starter is going to be fire/psychic(or just Fire really) instead of the typical fire/fighting. Seriously it's getting old >.<

wunderkind
15th January 2013, 6:37 PM
Did anyone notice the part where the male character is moving away from the White Tower, he's not running but gliding as if he was wearing skates. Is it possible they're adding roller blades along with the running shoes?(cause you can still see them running as well.)

Since we see them running and skating, I'm led to believe that the Running Shoes in these games are going to be replaced by Heelys.

adamfitz
15th January 2013, 6:42 PM
Agreed. I'm thinking, if the whole Norse Mythology is true, the Giant Tree (Yggdrasil) is an important landmark. It could be where you will encounter Xerneas/Yveltal.

http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1357984729720.png

Loved those pictures, made me sure that there French based.

Since we see them running and skating, I'm led to believe that the Running Shoes in these games are going to be replaced by Heelys.

I think the skates are a replace for the bike, easier to animate

fahademon
15th January 2013, 8:52 PM
A skateboard would be a better replacement.

Zyon
15th January 2013, 9:46 PM
Being able to switch from running to skating would be a cool new feature. Maybe when more info about the game comes out in the next few months they'll mention it.

Hmm replacing bikes with skates would be easier to animate, but I doubt they'll get rid of the bikes all together. We've always had bikes in the game there the fastest way to travel besides using Fly. An I'm just thinking reality btw but a bike would be a lot faster then skates(Just being technical the wheels of skates would have to rotate multiple times before the wheels from a bike could make one full rotation)

wunderkind
15th January 2013, 10:19 PM

I think it'd make more sense for them to keep the bike for use in the wild and have the skates as a running add-on while on roads, as I'd imagine skating through a forest or up a mountain would be difficult. Of course, this is Pokemon, so the realism argument may not always work...

Mystic Flygon
15th January 2013, 10:29 PM
I think the skates just replace the running shoes and not the bike.

briguin
16th January 2013, 1:44 PM
Ok, I saw some speculation about this topic on some youtube video, plus I'm not sure if this has been speculated or not.
In the trailer, we see the male trainer standing in front of a mirror. In a lot of games, character creation is done while the character is looking into a mirror. Sp it's not entirely implausible that X and Y might just have character customization.
PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!

BBtheASH
16th January 2013, 5:28 PM
Ok, I saw some speculation about this topic on some youtube video, plus I'm not sure if this has been speculated or not.
In the trailer, we see the male trainer standing in front of a mirror. In a lot of games, character creation is done while the character is looking into a mirror. Sp it's not entirely implausible that X and Y might just have character customization.
PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!

Yes, this has been OVERLY speculated.
But nonetheless you are right, it does hint character customization.
I'm sure that we would all love to create our characters as we would like them to be percieved.
I know how my character would look. Check out my sig!

Lorde
17th January 2013, 1:20 AM
I've watched the trailer about three times, and I can't believe that I just noticed the female playable character. I guess I was paying more attention to the graphics than the characters. But the graphics do look great, especially the battle scenes. It's nice to see innovation.

BurningWhiteKyurem
17th January 2013, 7:43 AM
PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!

Except on the other hand, it could suggest that the Trainer is in his room getting ready for the adventure that awaits him in the [/insert name here] region. Plus I don't see the logics behind assuming that a mirror reflection indicates that there's avatar customization.

BBtheASH
17th January 2013, 10:04 PM
Except on the other hand, it could suggest that the Trainer is in his room getting ready for the adventure that awaits him in the [/insert name here] region. Plus I don't see the logics behind assuming that a mirror reflection indicates that there's avatar customization.

In other rpg's it EXTREMELY common for customization to take place in front of a mirror. Look it up.
Secondly if you search the symbolism of the mirror, it represents Reflection and Vanity.
Both reflection and vanity are tools as that we use to recreate or reimagine appearances.
Thirdly your opinion doesn't make sense to me, they could show the player getting ready in several other ways too.

Cosmic_SlayerX
17th January 2013, 11:30 PM
The trailer was good, hopefully they'll release another one closer to release.

Reshiram44
17th January 2013, 11:47 PM
The trailer thread is definitely becoming inactive. Hopefully another will be released next month...

Weaver_8
18th January 2013, 3:33 AM
I discovered something interesting while I was on DA. Someone brought up how in the trailer one of the npcs looked like a certain alchemist.

What do you think?

Golden_Latias
18th January 2013, 3:39 AM
^ No. Just no.

It's a coincidence.

The NPC has a belt and different colored shoes anyway.

BurningWhiteKyurem
18th January 2013, 3:45 AM
In other rpg's it EXTREMELY common for customization to take place in front of a mirror. Look it up.
Secondly if you search the symbolism of the mirror, it represents Reflection and Vanity.
Both reflection and vanity are tools as that we use to recreate or reimagine appearances.
Thirdly your opinion doesn't make sense to me, they could show the player getting ready in several other ways too.

I don't see how the symbolism of the mirror is relevant. Reflection and Vanity can also suggest narcissism which I highly doubt GameFreak would use to shape their character around (being that it is a negative personality trait for one to have). Also, definitively speaking, Vanity does not allow for recreation or reimagination appearances, after all Vanity is excessive pride in or admiration of one's own appearance or achievements, further supporting the narcissistic suggestion.

And how does it not make sense? I usually look into a mirror to make sure I'm not messy before going somewhere, I'm sure others do too. And that's my point, what if instead of customization, the mirror scene was basically [insert player's name here] trying to clear himself/herself of messes before going out on a journey. And your counterargument doesn't really make sense, they could show customization in other ways without the use of a mirror such as having custom settings:
1) http://mmohuts.com/wp-content/gallery/star-wars-galaxies/star-wars-galaxies-character-creation.jpg?ec9f9b
2) http://cdn2.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Final_Fantasy_XIV_ARR_Character_Customization.png
3) http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/395316-1320932695.jpg
In all of these video game examples, there is no use of a mirror to signify that it is a place where customization takes place. Therefore to say that customization is limited to viewing a mirror and extremely common to RPGs is to overgeneralize.

Cosmic_SlayerX
18th January 2013, 5:50 AM
Customization would be awesome.

GravityStorm
18th January 2013, 6:12 AM
Basically, people want customization. Therefore, when they saw the mirror in the trailer, they thought "Hey [insert game here] used a mirror for customization, so that must be what the mirror in the trailer was for!!!" The fans will always see what they want to see. I'm not saying the game won't have customization, just that the mirror scene is just as likely to have been a way to show off the entirety of the new character in a 3D setting. Besides, if they really wanted to reveal customization they would have made a big deal about it.

TWN
18th January 2013, 10:53 AM
Considering the male character's glasses stay firmly in place mid-air when he swings on the tree vine (which apparently wasn't noticed by Game Freak when they put the trailer together), I'm guessing we'll have customization. Why else would the glasses be a separate model capable of leaving the player?

Some kind of customization will likely be revealed as a feature in the coming months; they wouldn't reveal it in the first trailer because they had bigger and better things to give focus to (first 3D main series game, mascot revelation, starter revelation, etc etc etc) I do believe seeing the mirror was a hint toward that, while also serving the purpose of revealing the new character style.

Emily101
18th January 2013, 1:01 PM
Considering the male character's glasses stay firmly in place mid-air when he swings on the tree vine (which apparently wasn't noticed by Game Freak when they put the trailer together), I'm guessing we'll have customization. Why else would the glasses be a separate model capable of leaving the player?

Some kind of customization will likely be revealed as a feature in the coming months; they wouldn't reveal it in the first trailer because they had bigger and better things to give focus to (first 3D main series game, mascot revelation, starter revelation, etc etc etc) I do believe seeing the mirror was a hint toward that, while also serving the purpose of revealing the new character style.

Yes I believe that was the biggest hint towards customisation. Everyone, look at the trailer slowly at around 0:24. The characters glasses come off as he swings on the vines so they are separate to the rest of the character model. Also don't you think it's a little silly that the character even has glasses on his head like that? Seems a little pointless except for the fact that it could add to customisation options.

As with the mirror debate, there are so many games in which character customisation happens in front of a mirror. The reason being that a character would like to see the changes they have made to themselves before they accept the new combination of clothing, accessories etc. The biggest game this has happened in is GTA San Andreas which I'm sure many of you have played.

Now the mirror might be there for any other number of reasons but I feel that customisation is a major possibility this gen even if the nay-sayers want to put it down to the fans just wanting to see whatever they want to see. I have never thought character customisation would happen in any other gen but this time it does seem very likely. I think the character will be either the boy or girl that are in the trailer but I believe we will be able to change clothes, accessories and other things like that. We won't know until later in the year!

SasakiThePikachu
18th January 2013, 5:22 PM
Yes I believe that was the biggest hint towards customisation...

Pokemon fans have wanted customisable trainers for ages, but this is probably the biggest possibility yet that we'll get it. For one thing, why stick a mirror in the protag's room if not for that purpose? We've never had a mirror in the room before. PC, bed, clock, latest nintendo console for some product placement, sure, but never a mirror.

For another, the implementing of these glorious 3d graphics is the perfect importunity to really show off such a function. I maintain that there never would have been much point to customization before now - the sprites were so tiny you'd hardly have seen much difference. But with the advent of the 6th gen, it's clear that GF are going to want to be showcasing all the pretty visuals first and foremost. Customization isn't just possible; at this stage I'd say it's likely :)

carboncopy
18th January 2013, 5:24 PM
Does anybody else get chills when the see the trailer and hear the music ?

Luxvan
18th January 2013, 7:31 PM
PLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!
Whoever said that it was entirely implausible is entirely stupid.
I'm glad.

BurningWhiteKyurem
18th January 2013, 9:39 PM
Yes I believe that was the biggest hint towards customisation. Everyone, look at the trailer slowly at around 0:24. The characters glasses come off as he swings on the vines so they are separate to the rest of the character model. Also don't you think it's a little silly that the character even has glasses on his head like that? Seems a little pointless except for the fact that it could add to customisation options.

As with the mirror debate, there are so many games in which character customisation happens in front of a mirror. The reason being that a character would like to see the changes they have made to themselves before they accept the new combination of clothing, accessories etc. The biggest game this has happened in is GTA San Andreas which I'm sure many of you have played.

Now the mirror might be there for any other number of reasons but I feel that customisation is a major possibility this gen even if the nay-sayers want to put it down to the fans just wanting to see whatever they want to see. I have never thought character customisation would happen in any other gen but this time it does seem very likely. I think the character will be either the boy or girl that are in the trailer but I believe we will be able to change clothes, accessories and other things like that. We won't know until later in the year!

http://i.imgur.com/39SjL.png

How is that the biggest hint? Take a look at the photo again. By your logic, we should've expected the glasses to be on the ground (or otherwise dropping down the floors of the area) to indicate that the character has in fact lost his glasses. If that was the case, then yes, you'd have a strong point. Except there's a problem, the glasses seemingly gets stuck onto the rope itself, in the same position as the character jumped onto the rope. All this says to me is that it is an early copy of the game where there is a glitch evident. Why would it be silly for a person to have glasses on his head like that? I've seen many people put goggles or sunglasses right on the hat.

Also, just because "many" games do customization through looking at a mirror doesn't mean that GameFreak is going to use the other game developers' methods. It could very well be the case that Pokemon X and Y introduce customization but through different means (think Skyrim where the character is shown to you and you have the ability to change whatever you want). If anything GameFreak could make it a neat feature where you have something similar to a prop case and there would be selection of clothing available.

Whoever said that it was entirely implausible is entirely stupid.
I'm glad.

Tbh, it should be plausible at the very least. We still don't have to full information necessary to judge if it exists or not. People who act like it's imperative simply fail to notice that it's a speculation, and that they don't have enough information to conclude either side.

Zyon
18th January 2013, 11:46 PM
While seeing the trailer again the male character swinging from the rope I'm sure other's before me have noticed this as well. When the boy jumps to the rope the glasses stay in place, possibly a glitch with the jumping animation to the rope. However you guys this means that the glasses are separate from the characters model. Now this doesn't fully confirm customization is going to be in the game, but this does mean it's a possibility.
I do find it funny though that Game Freak didn't notice it before releasing the game. Then again I didn't notice it after watching at least a dozen times if not more. Plus this just speculation you guys no reason to start fighting over it, just gotta wait to see what new information get's released in the next few months :)

Also I just want to add in with the whole customization deal, I to had the idea for character customization when I first saw the boy in front of the mirror. Yes it's a possibility that the mirror scene is just in the beginning of the game seeing yourself in your room just before you start your adventure. However I think if customization is added in after your done customizing, your character could look in a mirror for a more realistic feel(cause who doesn't look in a mirror when trying on something). An like in most Rpg's that BurningWhiteKyurem has posted they don't have a mirror, but then again that doesn't mean it won't be used we just dont' know.
However the only game that I know of that use's a mirror while your customizing your character is in The Sims.(sure there's more games but this is the only one that I know of)

RedCrow07
19th January 2013, 12:32 AM

How is that the biggest hint? Take a look at the photo again. By your logic, we should've expected the glasses to be on the ground (or otherwise dropping down the floors of the area) to indicate that the character has in fact lost his glasses. If that was the case, then yes, you'd have a strong point. Except there's a problem, the glasses seemingly gets stuck onto the rope itself, in the same position as the character jumped onto the rope. All this says to me is that it is an early copy of the game where there is a glitch evident. Why would it be silly for a person to have glasses on his head like that? I've seen many people put goggles or sunglasses right on the hat.

Also, just because "many" games do customization through looking at a mirror doesn't mean that GameFreak is going to use the other game developers' methods. It could very well be the case that Pokemon X and Y introduce customization but through different means (think Skyrim where the character is shown to you and you have the ability to change whatever you want). If anything GameFreak could make it a neat feature where you have something similar to a prop case and there would be selection of clothing available.

Tbh, it should be plausible at the very least. We still don't have to full information necessary to judge if it exists or not. People who act like it's imperative simply fail to notice that it's a speculation, and that they don't have enough information to conclude either side.

So by your logic the character's hat can be removed via glitch? No, because its part of his model (most likely). The glasses on the other hand are not part of his model so they fell off ergo "biggest hint" towards costumization.

Emily101
19th January 2013, 10:27 AM

I said that the glasses are a separate model to the rest of the character. Falling on the ground has nothing to do with it. By my logic, the glasses leaving the character's body means that it is a separate entity that was designed apart from the actual character. In other words it is removable. Please read my post properly before making a reply like that.

I stated that the mirror could mean a number of things already.

fitzy909
19th January 2013, 2:07 PM
On the topic of character customization i think it would be a great idea. Many other games let you do it, so why not pokemon? I think the reason it hasn't already appeared is because they were worried people would spend years customizing their character and lose focus on the actual goal. (which i'm sure you all know.) Also, if they are introducing this then why did they make the player in the trailer look like the one from black and white? (just a thought)

Emily101
19th January 2013, 9:19 PM
It hasn't already appeared because the characters are so small! There is a major difference in gen 6 as you can see each item of clothing they are wearing quite clearly.

Zyon
20th January 2013, 1:02 AM
The 3D character models in Pokemon X and Y are perfect for character customization. Before the sprites were just to small, it would still have been possible to have it although IMO it just wouldn't have been as great. With these 3D models we can actually see are character with great detail. If customization is added(I'm hopping) into the game it's not going to be like change your height, weight, skin tone, or your face it's going to be just your clothing with the exception of possibly changing your hair.
If they do add it in we won't be seeing a couple hundred different types of clothing ranging from hats, shirts, pants, shoes, etc. However what I'd like to see is if they add in pokemon style clothing and other clothing that looks like pokemon(limited of course). There could even be downloads to get special clothing like Gen starter hats, legendary pokemon clothing, etc.

BurningWhiteKyurem
20th January 2013, 3:25 AM
So by your logic the character's hat can be removed via glitch? No, because its part of his model (most likely). The glasses on the other hand are not part of his model so they fell off ergo "biggest hint" towards costumization.

Where did I say that non-models can be removed through glitches? All I showed is that people shouldn't be jumping to conclusions that custom options are there because of a glitch. GameFreak isn't called Troll Freak without reason. Also hat being part of the model makes no sense, considering that other options usually have the character's body and then you have a choice as to what types of clothing you'd want your avatar to have (again think Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Sims etc.).

I said that the glasses are a separate model to the rest of the character. Falling on the ground has nothing to do with it. By my logic, the glasses leaving the character's body means that it is a separate entity that was designed apart from the actual character. In other words it is removable. Please read my post properly before making a reply like that.

I stated that the mirror could mean a number of things already.

And I countered by saying that it can't mean anything (such as people saying customization) because it resulted in a "glitch." The results are too inconclusive to argue that it means customization. It doesn't make sense for it to be sticking onto the rope as the Player jumped and swung.

And you should read my previous post about mirrors. TL;DR - Just because a mirror is there doesn't mean that it guarantees customization. There are many other ways that GameFreak can go about displaying customization options.

Emily101
20th January 2013, 11:56 PM
Where did I say that non-models can be removed through glitches? All I showed is that people shouldn't be jumping to conclusions that custom options are there because of a glitch. GameFreak isn't called Troll Freak without reason. Also hat being part of the model makes no sense, considering that other options usually have the character's body and then you have a choice as to what types of clothing you'd want your avatar to have (again think Skyrim, Final Fantasy, Sims etc.).

And I countered by saying that it can't mean anything (such as people saying customization) because it resulted in a "glitch." The results are too inconclusive to argue that it means customization. It doesn't make sense for it to be sticking onto the rope as the Player jumped and swung.

And you should read my previous post about mirrors. TL;DR - Just because a mirror is there doesn't mean that it guarantees customization. There are many other ways that GameFreak can go about displaying customization options.

If it's too long for you to read then don't reply. It resulted in a glitch but the glasses came off the hat perfectly so they are modeled separately to the rest of the character. This is a stone cold fact. Glitch or not. I already replied to your comment about mirrors -_-

Argon Wartortle
21st January 2013, 7:25 PM
The mirror definitely points in the direction of custom characters.

On another topic, does anyone else think X/Y are the penultimate games of the Pokémon series? As in, a sequel called Z that is the last Pokémon game?

BunniBear4
21st January 2013, 7:28 PM
On another topic, does anyone else think X/Y are the penultimate games of the Pokémon series? As in, a sequel called Z that is the last Pokémon game?

I doubt considering that Pokemon is Nintendo second biggest money maker. I don't see as to why they would want to end the series to be honest.

carboncopy
21st January 2013, 7:29 PM

No way. I can see the franchise going to greater heights after gen 6. Why in the world would the second most lucrative game franchise stop.

ysmr97
21st January 2013, 7:38 PM
I am not African-American, but I have always thought it is a little unfair to African-American's that they play as a Caucasian protagonist every game. I hope that X & Y also bring skin color customization.

BunniBear4
21st January 2013, 7:43 PM
I am not African-American, but I have always thought it is a little unfair to African-American's that they play as a Caucasian protagonist every game. I hope that X & Y also bring skin color customization.

I agree. I've always felt this way for both Pokemon and Animal Crossing, but at least in AC you can get tan enough to make yourself have a dark skin tone. If customization is in the game I'd love see skin tone as a option.

ysmr97
21st January 2013, 7:45 PM
I agree. I've always felt this way for both Pokemon and Animal Crossing, but at least in AC you can get tan enough to make yourself have a dark skin tone. If customization is in the game I'd love see skin tone as a option.

I mean, i don't know too much about Japan, but maybe it isn't as Ethnically diverse as America? That can be a possible explanation.

BunniBear4
21st January 2013, 7:54 PM
I mean, i don't know too much about Japan, but maybe it isn't as Ethnically diverse as America? That can be a possible explanation.

I did a report about Japan recently so I know it isn't and that's the main reason why. It'd just be nice for games that people know will be released in other countries where people are more ethnically diverse. I can totally see it for things that people making it don't know if it will be released outside of Japan but with Pokemon the games have been released outside of Japan since for almost 15 years now. I think PBR had it simple enough for character customization that if it were maybe toned down a tad it's be prefect for x and Y.

ysmr97
21st January 2013, 8:04 PM
I did a report about Japan recently so I know it isn't and that's the main reason why. It'd just be nice for games that people know will be released in other countries where people are more ethnically diverse. I can totally see it for things that people making it don't know if it will be released outside of Japan but with Pokemon the games have been released outside of Japan since for almost 15 years now. I think PBR had it simple enough for character customization that if it were maybe toned down a tad it's be prefect for x and Y.

VERY interesting.... And you are completely right with the PBR thing.

Argon Wartortle
21st January 2013, 9:00 PM
No way. I can see the franchise going to greater heights after gen 6. Why in the world would the second most lucrative game franchise stop.

True, and I'm probably wrong. Just I thought with x and y being a potential hint... I am wrong, defo. I'll just stop talking now.

Ryan7437
21st January 2013, 9:02 PM
I hope it continues for a while.

Chimchar15
21st January 2013, 9:57 PM
One thing that I just noticed is that the colors for the X and Y logosremind me of the 3D glasses they had a couple of years ago, pretty cool.

YellowHat's Revenge
21st January 2013, 10:12 PM

I see this as the dawn of a completely new age in Pokemon. 3D games? I'll be buying these for years. haha

Actually, fun fact about PBR. In Japan, all the characters were white (even NPCs), though the body types were customizable.
When they ported the game elsewhere, they changed this. Certain Colosseum leaders gained darker skin tones, and the option was added in to the character customization.

Aurath8
22nd January 2013, 8:45 PM
Even with character customisation I tend not to make him look like me(unless it's a Mii or something similar) and instead the most pleasing design that the customisation allows for. Rather than representing me, I see the player character similar to any old NPC, except that I just so happen to control his actions and destiny. This even extends to names too: Link is Link, Crono is Crono etc.

Diglett2013
23rd January 2013, 5:12 AM
As I've seen from others, I'm also curious about the glasses. Personally, I don't think I'm ready to have accessories on the characters, but I'm also very curious to see how that ends up.

Blankenship
24th January 2013, 7:27 AM
I'd love a deep character customization. At the beginning you chose a height, weight, skin color, hairstyle, face, clothes and hair. And maybe in one of the cities there's a hair stylist or a clothing shop where you can buy hairstyles and clothes not available from the start of the game. Or you earn clothes throughout the game.

Like in HGSS, when you wear the track uniform during the pokeathelon or the Rocket uniform. I just think it'd be cool for everyone to look different during wifi battles and whatever other wifi modes they have planned.

Halle
24th January 2013, 3:02 PM

Just a guess, but I'm gonna go with Team GrammerNazis

comic321
25th January 2013, 3:44 AM
I loved the way they showed Chespin using Solarbeam!

carboncopy
26th January 2013, 2:41 PM
I hope they release another animated trailer like they did for bw2.

MidnightFennekin
26th January 2013, 9:39 PM
I just noticed this, but Pikachu is on top of the Eiffel Tower. How hasn't that needle stab into its junk/but yet?

Fruty Sheep
29th January 2013, 1:29 AM
If I am not mistaken:

*Froakie was using Tackle and Ice Beam.
*Fennekin was using Flamethower and Dark Pulse.
*Chespin was using Solarbeam and Aereal Ace.

mario_fan
29th January 2013, 2:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jy69kf13dPQ

I think this is a new trailer probably a directors cut. It wasn't uploaded by Nintendo but it looks pretty convincing.

here we see:
-an art museum
- a clock tower

...that's about it.

avsimone
29th January 2013, 2:20 AM
^ If there was ANY doubt that the region was based off of France before. Those doubts have been shattered. Though I will say this. The clock tower at the end seemed a little big ben (crossing the english channel?) and the statue with napoleon riding chariot looks like one I saw in Italy (but then again napoleon put those things everywhere he conquered). So it might be Europe based rather than just France. Maybe it's France with elements of other countries.

Cuddy
29th January 2013, 2:26 AM
The thing that is amazing is that the whole world will see this at the same time, meaning the games will be coming out the same time. Previous, Japan bring them out and show them on TV and have the games out before it reach the rest of the world, but this time, the whole world is base of the same thing.

Zachmac
29th January 2013, 2:44 AM
If I am not mistaken:

*Froakie was using Tackle and Ice Beam.
*Fennekin was using Flamethower and Dark Pulse.
*Chespin was using Solarbeam and Aereal Ace.Froakie had water gun and something that looked like wake up slap or the like.
Fennekin was using Flamethrower and some psychic attack of some sort. That was definitely not dark pulse. Psywave? The light purple was an obvious giveaway, and the zigzag lines really make me think of Psywave and Shadows of Almia's psychic poke assist.
Chespin had Solarbeam and what was probably Shadow Claw. Arial Ace only shows one blade, at least in the current animation, and the purple color really makes me think of the ghost type.
I think this is a new trailer probably a directors cut. It wasn't uploaded by Nintendo but it looks pretty convincing.
Did they even say where this footage was from? I don't believe it quite yet.

First, I'll need a reliable source.

Emily101
29th January 2013, 5:38 AM
Gotta say that new trailer looks pretty convincing

MetalFlygon08
29th January 2013, 6:03 AM
You can tell it's fake in the Art Museum part. The portraits are Sprites from Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, and Conquest series.

Bramblefire
29th January 2013, 6:08 AM
You can tell it's fake in the Art Museum part. The portraits are Sprites from Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, and Conquest series.

That and they over did the cell shading a teensy bit too much. Other than that, its impressive really.

Wulava
29th January 2013, 1:59 PM
I actually didn't see this one coming.
That guy/gal sure had a lot of time on his/her hands to make that one.

Obviously fake, but I appreciate all the effort that was given.
Although I don't mind having places like those in the real game.

Malcolm Belmont
29th January 2013, 2:01 PM
I actually didn't see this one coming.
That guy/gal sure had a lot of time on his/her hands to make that one.

Obviously fake, but I appreciate all the effort that was given.
Although I don't mind having places like those in the real game.

I think it would be cool having a museum in the game that pays trubite to the older games

Ditto B1tch
29th January 2013, 3:26 PM
Very exciting that trailer, huh! GF is always surprising! I can't wait for another trailer!

Ampharoid
29th January 2013, 10:12 PM
Very exciting that trailer, huh! GF is always surprising! I can't wait for another trailer!

It looks pretty fake to me, Honestly

Maya The Awesome
29th January 2013, 11:25 PM
The only shots that had moving people is from the first trailer, and the man's voice is different from every Pokemon game commercial I've heard. It's always the same voice. The trailer's fake, until proven real.

Wulava
30th January 2013, 1:04 AM
That Director's Cut trailer IS fake.

Akimoto-Kenta
30th January 2013, 1:23 AM
^ Yep,. It's fan made.

See here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQfDiDYgpic

Elementer
31st January 2013, 4:14 AM
Right this is pretty much nothing but I just noticed a few more things:

- Alright, so when Chespin is sent out on the bottom left corner there are TWO Pokeballs instead of 6. Since it is obvious that the trainer has so few Pokemon, it is most likely that Magikarp is found EARLY GAME.

- Fennekin is battling with an ENTIRE ROSTER of 6 Pokemon. Munchlax must be found a little later on the game, but obviously not a gift/trade or too late since Fennekin is still base evo.

- Froakie is kind of middle ground, with a roster of 4 Pokemon battling Pansage. So it might be capturable kinda mid-early, enough after when you get the first few Pokemon but not after the first badge.

So, yeah, just a few interesting things. Nice 2,4,6 pattern anyways.

Lord Zoroark
31st January 2013, 5:02 AM
I'm going to have to start saving up money for a 3DS. At least I have til october to get one. The Fire type is certainly interesting me but I swear to god, if it is another fire/fighting type, you will not hear the end of it.

Kickboxing Fennekin, anybody?

Firebrand
31st January 2013, 5:46 AM
Right this is pretty much nothing but I just noticed a few more things:

- Alright, so when Chespin is sent out on the bottom left corner there are TWO Pokeballs instead of 6. Since it is obvious that the trainer has so few Pokemon, it is most likely that Magikarp is found EARLY GAME.

- Fennekin is battling with an ENTIRE ROSTER of 6 Pokemon. Munchlax must be found a little later on the game, but obviously not a gift/trade or too late since Fennekin is still base evo.

- Froakie is kind of middle ground, with a roster of 4 Pokemon battling Pansage. So it might be capturable kinda mid-early, enough after when you get the first few Pokemon but not after the first badge.

So, yeah, just a few interesting things. Nice 2,4,6 pattern anyways.

While this is worth noting, keep in mind that in a lot of the BW trailers and screenshots, they showed pokemon at level 50 across the board. There's nothing to stop the people behind the trailer/marketing from having any pokemon at any stage in the game battling another pokemon at any stage in the game. But the pattern is definitely worth noting.

Ampharoid
31st January 2013, 5:53 AM
While this is worth noting, keep in mind that in a lot of the BW trailers and screenshots, they showed pokemon at level 50 across the board. There's nothing to stop the people behind the trailer/marketing from having any pokemon at any stage in the game battling another pokemon at any stage in the game. But the pattern is definitely worth noting.

Exactly, the developers design the trailers specifically to show you exactly what they want to show you, and nothing more. They know what theyre doing, and were it that this was actual footage of a real playthrough, then that info would be perfectly accurate. But the trailer was most likely made by taking scripted clips of the game engine, especially since the game is still in development, the game doesnt release for 7 months, its very possible that not even the developers have made every single decision about the details of pokemon displacement among the routes, findable items, etc.

Mr.Munchlax
4th February 2013, 12:08 AM
Do you think they will air a condensed version of the trailer as a Super Bowl commercial?

LAWLZ FUNNY MAN
4th February 2013, 3:52 AM
I wish.......

Ampharoid
4th February 2013, 7:42 AM
Do you think they will air a condensed version of the trailer as a Super Bowl commercial?

disappointed, was hoping for it:/

Maxim
6th February 2013, 11:24 PM
I just peeked in during my break in studies. I hope you remember me.

I must say that Pokemon XY looks pretty cool. Definitely better than the first pics from BW.

I also like the fact that while BW was advertised as a "fresh start", this generation is said to be a "further development of the Pokemon World". Calls for awesome retro references.

Kall El
7th February 2013, 2:50 AM
I just peeked in during my break in studies. I hope you remember me.

I must say that Pokemon XY looks pretty cool. Definitely better than the first pics from BW.

I also like the fact that while BW was advertised as a "fresh start", this generation is said to be a "further development of the Pokemon World". Calls for awesome retro references.

Yeah it's good to hear that it's a development and not a cheesy/over-used "reboot" attempt.

gliscor&yanmega
7th February 2013, 2:55 AM
Yeah it's good to hear that it's a development and not a cheesy/over-used "reboot" attempt.

Not like Pokemon ever had a "reboot" before, it's always developed the games with each generation, having one time to just do something new and unique for the franchise seems perfectly fine.

BBtheASH
7th February 2013, 6:04 AM

I would argue the word "reboot"
But I get what your saying. Pokemon definatley needed this jump.
Its ENITRELY different esthetically. I can't wait!

SudovVoOdO
7th February 2013, 4:46 PM
everybody like the 5th generation. No pre-evo's or evolutions of previous generations. Let's hope that we can keep it that way

gliscor&yanmega
7th February 2013, 5:44 PM
everybody like the 5th generation. No pre-evo's or evolutions of previous generations. Let's hope that we can keep it that way

Why? People like pre-evolutions and evolutions, and there's no reason why they wont continue to do them.

Aurath8
7th February 2013, 6:46 PM
Why? People like pre-evolutions and evolutions, and there's no reason why they wont continue to do them.

Pre-evolutions no. They tend to be mostly unnecessary unless it allows us to use a strong standalone like Snorlax much earlier in the game. Evolutions yes. There are largely forgotten pokemon like Qwilfish that don't get the stats or publicity to truly shine and evolutions are a way of breathing new life into old species.

gliscor&yanmega
7th February 2013, 7:04 PM
Pre-evolutions no. They tend to be mostly unnecessary unless it allows us to use a strong standalone like Snorlax much earlier in the game. Evolutions yes. There are largely forgotten pokemon like Qwilfish that don't get the stats or publicity to truly shine and evolutions are a way of breathing new life into old species.

No what? People still like them. And they most likely will still be made.

mitchman_93
7th February 2013, 7:11 PM
Something to note about the trailer(the real one)is some stuff that might not have been noticed:
-You can see ledges in the beginning of route 3. Seems like they're raised to be proper little hills that you can't climb now.
-The big palace thing is in front of a plaza. You can catch a glimpse of this white statue right before it switches away.
-Both the running bits of the girl have the palace behind her. So what does that mean? When in front of the flowers, she's likely running from the palace into a continuing route, while the Bridge and statue are part of the palace's grounds, and its likely a garden with a fountain.

Nightblind249
7th February 2013, 7:12 PM
I just thought about this while looking at a calendar, the announcements for X&Y were on Jan-8 one a Tuesday. What do you think the odds are that we will get more information tomorrow on the 8th or on this coming Tuesday??? It will be a month exactly or a little over, since that last time anything other than random articles dissecting the trailer or repeating the same info over and over. Not sure if this post applies in here about advertising or lack of but, trailers and advertising run hand in hand.

All I can say is "PLEASE RELEASE MORE INFO GF!!!!!" usually we have enough info to ties us(me) over til another month comes around :(

gliscor&yanmega
7th February 2013, 7:34 PM
I just thought about this while looking at a calendar, the announcements for X&Y were on Jan-8 one a Tuesday. What do you think the odds are that we will get more information tomorrow on the 8th or on this coming Tuesday??? It will be a month exactly or a little over, since that last time anything other than random articles dissecting the trailer or repeating the same info over and over. Not sure if this post applies in here about advertising or lack of but, trailers and advertising run hand in hand.

All I can say is "PLEASE RELEASE MORE INFO GF!!!!!" usually we have enough info to ties us(me) over til another month comes around :(

CoroCoro comes every month on the 15, with leaks it happens around 12th or so. We'll get whatever info that is revealed there within the next few days. There's no guarantee the info will be huge however(We only got heights, weights, and artwork of the Legendary last month).

Mr. Reloaded
7th February 2013, 8:29 PM

Pre evolutions are normally cute, but just how often will you be using one? They exist for maybe more background on said evolution, but that's really it.

gliscor&yanmega
7th February 2013, 10:13 PM
Pre evolutions are normally cute, but just how often will you be using one? They exist for maybe more background on said evolution, but that's really it.

Which is all that matters. My entire point is that there is no reason why they wont continue to make them, they didn't stop before why would they now. And I'd use a pre evolution however long it takes for it to evolve into a Pokemon I want to use of it's fully evolved form, you can't always capture Pokemon in their final form, you have to use their first form and evolve them.

Wintendo
8th February 2013, 6:32 AM
Looking at the Psychic gym, if you pause at the last possible moment, you can see two blue panels on the ground. I would assume that these rearrange the room to allow you to progress through the gym when the switches are stepped on.

Remember those two pillars of fire? If you pause before they erupt, you can see several patterns on the ground that indicate multiple doors, possibly four. This leads me to believe that this might in fact be the Elite Four, and the pillars indicate that the champion is now accessible through the central door.
Or it could just be a late game gym or something.

confuser987
8th February 2013, 2:28 PM
Would you guys look forward a anime trailer for this game like BW2?

carboncopy
8th February 2013, 4:21 PM

Yup. I want one more. BW2 was really cool IMO.

Wintendo
9th February 2013, 6:05 PM
I don't like Pikachu, so I'm offended when they put him everywhere like he's Captain Kirk.

Xadium
9th February 2013, 6:11 PM
They kind of have to put him everywhere, he's the mascot.

MastersOfMonsters
9th February 2013, 6:15 PM
The BW2 anime Preview is amazing. I still really, really hope there will be a anime with that quality (a normal-long anime, of course, with 12 episodes or something). I'd love to see X and Y get anime previews, too.

MidnightFennekin
9th February 2013, 6:58 PM
The BW2 anime Preview is amazing. I still really, really hope there will be a anime with that quality (a normal-long anime, of course, with 12 episodes or something). I'd love to see X and Y get anime previews, too.

Me too, most fans were amazed at this and trailers can reveal a controlled amount of info about the game compared to magazines and their leak-iness.

Platinum fan.
9th February 2013, 7:02 PM
A Anime preview for XY would really be great and sell the games very well. I would love to see a XY anime preview for Gen VI. Here's crossing my fingers to the idea.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
9th February 2013, 7:04 PM
I think that's possible now. After seeing the Black 2 and White 2 anime trailers, they might do something like that to promote the games.

starrs10
10th February 2013, 11:29 AM
I do not know where i should post this but here it goes. Has anyone noticed the scale model of the Tubeline bridge? You can see it in the entrance of the bridge. If you look closely, it looks like a dna strand. And another thing, there were french-people in some routes in BW1. I supposed this was a hint for the new generation.

MidnightFennekin
10th February 2013, 11:36 AM
I do not know where i should post this but here it goes. Has anyone noticed the scale model of the Tubeline bridge? You can see it in the entrance of the bridge. If you look closely, it looks like a dna strand. And another thing, there were french-people in some routes in BW1. I supposed this was a hint for the new generation.

Maybe, I mean we get quite a lot of these things, non?

Dat Tree.... Why must it be so confusing. WHat I'd love is of the Gym leaders had a Gen I like order, where teh 2nd leader beats 1st and so on, maybe like this:

Rock
Grass
Bug
Psychic

We did see what we assumed were Grass, Bug and Psychic gyms, and Rock 1st is a tradition only broken twice.

Wintendo
10th February 2013, 1:50 PM
I agree. I would like them to start with a rock-type gym again.

RzK
10th February 2013, 2:41 PM

Somebody please check this!!! I feel he is right!

Wulava
10th February 2013, 2:46 PM
Somebody please check this!!!

Tubeline Bridge is based on the Forth Railway Bridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forth_Railway_Bridge).
The DNA-like design was due to the bridge being a 'cantilever'-type of bridge.

And yes, there are French people. But there are other foreigners too scattered around Unova.

Hints towards Gen 6? Not really.

RzK
11th February 2013, 3:46 PM
As a whole the game feels smoother and more... fluid. Both the overworld and the battle scene. Especially the battle graphics. Froakie's Water Gun!!!
Oh, and I also observe that the CGI (probably?) Pikachu and Xerneas/Yveltal also look nice. i hope they include more epic cutscenes like BWB2W2 in these games.

indospot
11th February 2013, 4:34 PM
As a whole the game feels smoother and more... fluid. Both the overworld and the battle scene. Especially the battle graphics. Froakie's Water Gun!!!
Oh, and I also observe that the CGI (probably?) Pikachu and Xerneas/Yveltal also look nice. i hope they include more epic cutscenes like BWB2W2 in these games.

YES! If they manage to make full use of the 3DS's power, like they did with the DS in B/W/B2/W2, it will be amazing.

TWN
11th February 2013, 5:13 PM

I wouldn't count on it. The selling point of Black 2 and White 2 was the story (especially given that everyone was expecting a third version); what better way to whet our appetites than by showing us bits and pieces of the story cinematically? However, for X and Y, the story is a very small selling point; the hype is toward the new Pokémon and new region to explore--and that they're all in 3D! Giving us an anime trailer would not be the most effective way to advertise these selling points--especially the 3D part.

BBtheASH
11th February 2013, 6:59 PM

Um! Hya!
I loved B2/W2's anime trailers! It pretty much showed me what Gamefreak had intended the game
To feel like. Team Plasma looked way more badass in that trailer then they did in the game. X|

Xadium
11th February 2013, 11:32 PM
I think that, for Game Freak, a better option would be a trailer showing off the 3D and the new Pokemon and region. You have to remember, Black and White 2 were sequel games, and they weren't showing off all of these new features.

Fruty Sheep
15th February 2013, 7:41 PM
Froakie had water gun and something that looked like wake up slap or the like.
Fennekin was using Flamethrower and some psychic attack of some sort. That was definitely not dark pulse. Psywave? The light purple was an obvious giveaway, and the zigzag lines really make me think of Psywave and Shadows of Almia's psychic poke assist.
Chespin had Solarbeam and what was probably Shadow Claw. Arial Ace only shows one blade, at least in the current animation, and the purple color really makes me think of the ghost type.

Froakie: Maybe you're right and it used Wake Up Slap in the Trailer, but the other Move was surely Ice Beam. Look at the Snowflakes!
Fennekin: Yes, maybe that move was Psywave, but I'm not sure.
Chespin: I have no idea of what that Move was, but I don't think it was Shadow Claw.

Sealotic
19th February 2013, 12:25 AM
I was just wondering about something... Someone mentionned in the graphic or game play thread that it would be cool if the physical attack were really... physical. Example... when you would use Tackle, your pokemon would has to go near the opponent to tackle it. I think you understand me point.

But my question is..: what is the move that Mienfoo is using ? It's like a punch that isn't done on the opponent but far from it.
Is that a special move or must I say good bye to my hope for Physical attacks ?

jakovu
19th February 2013, 12:33 AM
I was just wondering about something... Someone mentionned in the graphic or game play thread that it would be cool if the physical attack were really... physical. Example... when you would use Tackle, your pokemon would has to go near the opponent to tackle it. I think you understand me point.

But my question is..: what is the move that Mienfoo is using ? It's like a punch that isn't done on the opponent but far from it.
Is that a special move or must I say good bye to my hope for Physical attacks ?

It's Aura Sphere. And Froakie makes contact with Patrat when attacking.

Sealotic
19th February 2013, 12:39 AM
It's Aura Sphere. And Froakie makes contact with Patrat when attacking.

Aura sphere, it makes sense :p
Thank you ! Hope that physical attack will really be physical !

Fruty Sheep
19th February 2013, 2:58 PM
Aura sphere, it makes sense :p
Thank you ! Hope that physical attack will really be physical !

Er... I don't want to argue, but that move was Focus Blast.

Sealotic
19th February 2013, 10:29 PM

Was it confirm by anyone/anything ? Or is it just your personal opinion ?

MidnightFennekin
19th February 2013, 10:31 PM
Was it confirm by anyone/anything ? Or is it just your personal opinion ?

It just happened to be simialer to Focus Blast. Many believe that Mienfoo used Focus Blast in the first trailer, yet Aura Sphere is blue and is learnable to Mienfoo.

Fruty Sheep
20th February 2013, 7:42 PM
It just happened to be simialer to Focus Blast. Many believe that Mienfoo used Focus Blast in the first trailer, yet Aura Sphere is blue and is learnable to Mienfoo.

Well, it's what you do think, but don't think that I will change my mind.

BroaddySN
20th February 2013, 8:02 PM
Yeah I hope physical moves make physical contact with the pokemon. I
d love that so much.

BurningWhiteKyurem
20th February 2013, 10:39 PM

http://i.imgur.com/MAekh27.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/4a/Aura_Sphere.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/f9/Aura_Sphere_DPPt.png

vs.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/b0/Focus_Blast.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/86/Focus_Blast_IV.png

I think based on the colour of the background during the attack and the fact that previous gens had the similar colours, there's more conclusive evidence to argue that it's Aura Sphere as opposed to Focus Blast. I'm not saying it can't change since there is a new graphic engine, but it looks more like Aura Sphere.

Funnycupcakes
20th February 2013, 10:42 PM
Cant wait for the animated trailer of this.

Maya The Awesome
21st February 2013, 12:22 AM
Like the one from BW2? I don't think there will be one, since the point of the trailer was to sell the story of BW2, which was the point of the game, to expand upon the story, not another game clone.

adamfitz
21st February 2013, 5:19 PM
By the trailer I think we won't be able to move in diagonal movement
*the part where running through the woods.

MidnightFennekin
21st February 2013, 5:23 PM
I hope we get do get a animated trailer. I believe it went well for BW2. Plus I cant wait for the epic effects. But Elesa having Ash's voice In BW2 dub of it.... Disturbing, at the least.

confuser987
21st February 2013, 6:03 PM
I hope we get do get a animated trailer. I believe it went well for BW2. Plus I cant wait for the epic effects. But Elesa having Ash's voice In BW2 dub of it.... Disturbing, at the least.

CGI 3d polgyons? Or 2d?

MastersOfMonsters
21st February 2013, 6:08 PM
Yes, that move was, basically without doubt, Aura Sphere. ^^

And, I'd really love to see a Anime trailer for X and Y. I just loved the look of the BW2 trailer. Hyper Beam, though overused even in that trailer, was epic.

Fruty Sheep
21st February 2013, 6:37 PM
Yes, that move was, basically without doubt, Aura Sphere. ^^

Well, you all made me change my opinion. It was not Focus Blast.

MastersOfMonsters
21st February 2013, 6:38 PM
Well, you all made me change my opinion. It was not Focus Blast.

Well, don't worry, there is one, very very tiny almost impossible chance they completely switched the looks of those attacks. Who knows, you may be right afterall. :3

Fruty Sheep
21st February 2013, 7:19 PM
Well, don't worry, there is one, very very tiny almost impossible chance they completely switched the looks of those attacks. Who knows, you may be right afterall. :3

Stop playing tricks with my head! I need it for more important stuff!

BubblyPiplup69717
21st February 2013, 11:44 PM
When are they going to give info such as, their moves and abilities

Everlasting
21st February 2013, 11:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/MAekh27.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/4/4a/Aura_Sphere.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/f/f9/Aura_Sphere_DPPt.png

vs.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/b/b0/Focus_Blast.png
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/86/Focus_Blast_IV.png

I think based on the colour of the background during the attack and the fact that previous gens had the similar colours, there's more conclusive evidence to argue that it's Aura Sphere as opposed to Focus Blast. I'm not saying it can't change since there is a new graphic engine, but it looks more like Aura Sphere.

I agree. Focus Blast only has a blue color in the anime. I don't think the games are based on the anime, though.

Wulava
22nd February 2013, 2:00 AM
I agree. Focus Blast only has a blue color in the anime. I don't think the games are based on the anime, though.

Anime is based on the games.
Anime and games are not canon.
Anime =/= Games.

Seil
22nd February 2013, 2:05 AM
Anime and games are not canon.

Eh? Did you mean that the anime isn't canon or that they are mutually not canonical to one another?

Edit: Obviously the anime isn't canonical with the games. And the games come first. But this statement sounds odd.

Wulava
22nd February 2013, 2:10 AM
Eh? Did you mean that the anime isn't canon or that they are mutually not canonical to one another?

Edit: Obviously the anime isn't canonical with the games. And the games come first. But this statement sounds odd.

You've answered your own question. The Pokemon anime isn't canonical with the games.
What happens in the anime stays in the anime and will never reflect and be considered official in the main game titles.

GoldCyndaquil
22nd February 2013, 2:10 AM

He means that they aren't canonical to eachother...which is why he then put Anime=/=Games...

cascadethewarrior
23rd February 2013, 3:55 AM
Does anyone know if Pokemon X and Y will get an animated trailer like Black/White 2 did?

If so I hope they don't neglect the female protagonist like they did Rosa. I was so upset when I saw the trailer. I mean seriously Nate got an entire damn trailer and she got one segment with Cheren. -_______-

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
23rd February 2013, 5:50 AM
Does anyone know if Pokemon X and Y will get an animated trailer like Black/White 2 did?

If so I hope they don't neglect the female protagonist like they did Rosa. I was so upset when I saw the trailer. I mean seriously Nate got an entire damn trailer and she got one segment with Cheren. -_______-

We don't have no idea if we will. :/ But, I do agree with you. I wish that she was involved more like Nate was. Usually, the female protagonist always gets more than the male, will that's an the anime, but still.

ToasterBrains
23rd February 2013, 5:56 AM

That happened to be one of my favorite parts.
Speaking of which, her clothing is strange to me.

I would thoroughly enjoy an XY animated trailer.

Bueno~
23rd February 2013, 7:48 AM
Speaking of which, her clothing is strange to me.
Both protagonists were terrible looking imo. Wtf is wrong with Nate's hair??

At least X&Y's are good looking, specially the female. The male looks too much like the last 2...

Mr. Reloaded
23rd February 2013, 11:09 AM
There was never anything wrong with Nate's hair, or Rosa's clothes.

But if they do make a X/Y trailer, make it so both protagonist are given the same amounts of screen time, or tale a focus on the villan more.

adamfitz
23rd February 2013, 12:14 PM

Would really love this!!
I'm wondering tho, it won't be till a long time, if even.