PDA

View Full Version : Characters Speculation/Discussion Thread [USE SPOILER TAGS]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

bobandbill
8th January 2013, 1:22 PM
Discuss the known characters of Pokemon X and Y here!

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

So far, all that are known (besides NPC overworld sprites) are the two protagonists.

Locormus
8th January 2013, 2:45 PM
The protagonists seem to be of the older variant again. This didn't really add much for me in BW, other then Cheren being a gymleader two years later being a reasonable decision. Aside from this, I'm just wondering how that guy's wardrobe will translate to Ash in the animé..

Ver-mont
8th January 2013, 2:48 PM
I liked the girl protagonist better.

The boy looks just like a blander version of Hilbert.

Axel.
8th January 2013, 2:53 PM
The protagonists seem to be of the older variant again. This didn't really add much for me in BW, other then Cheren being a gymleader two years later being a reasonable decision. Aside from this, I'm just wondering how that guy's wardrobe will translate to Ash in the animé..

The main protagonist's clothes were way too similar to Hilbert's. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but I guess that was their way of saying that we'll be able to customize our character's clothes.

Sarefan
8th January 2013, 2:55 PM
The main protagonist's clothes were way too similar to Hilbert's. Maybe I'm thinking too much into this but I guess that was their way of saying that we'll be able to customize our character's clothes.
Aha, I was just thinking the same thing, only difference I can spot are the glasses on his head. Couldn't take a good look into the female character though.

Nacreous
8th January 2013, 2:56 PM
Yeah,maybe they showed the default version of the characters and we can customize them^^

NeoDude-5000
8th January 2013, 3:00 PM
Yeah,maybe they showed the default version of the characters and we can customize them^^

Love that idea

Phoopes
8th January 2013, 3:01 PM
Yeah, I immediately thought character customization because the male protagonist was standing in front of a mirror in the trailer. Wonder what that will entail, if it does happen?

Axel.
8th January 2013, 3:06 PM
Yeah, I immediately thought character customization because the male protagonist was standing in front of a mirror in the trailer. Wonder what that will entail, if it does happen?

That and the fact that he was wearing glasses. Seems like we could have some accessories to choose from.

Shadow_Zorua
8th January 2013, 3:06 PM
Now that would be cool. It does make sense though, because like Phoopes just said, the male character was standing in front of a mirror.

For me, the male character looks like Hilbert except with glasses on his hat. I actually like the female more this time, which is good 'cause I am a girl. Lovin' the hair and dress.

Undivide
8th January 2013, 3:07 PM
I don't like the playable characters all that much. They seem pretty childlike, even moreso than the PreDS games.
I'm kind of hoping that Gamefreak edits them a bit to look older, but that's just my personal preference.
I would love a character customization system though.

Manene!
8th January 2013, 3:07 PM
Clothing customization makes sense for this game. With the European influence, it makes sense there'd be some focus on fashion.

gliscor&yanmega
8th January 2013, 3:10 PM
The characters are probably the thing I like least about the games(Besides it not being released right now and me playing it right now), I don't hate them or anything though, it's overall something I just have to get used to since it's pretty different for me.

I do find the Male player character to be kind of disappointing though, as others have mentioned about him looking like Hilbert or whatever, I think that bag is the exact same too. I wont care in the end. I do hope there is some level of customizing at least...so I can finally be bald in the games.

Interested to see how the Gym Leaders and non-clones look like.

carboncopy
8th January 2013, 3:12 PM
I just hope that everyone doesn't look the same. coz in 3d that would look really bad. They should maybe have a different face or something.

Nacreous
8th January 2013, 3:12 PM
In the shot with the tower,it looks like the male character is skating...I think we'll have rollerblades^^

ludiloco
8th January 2013, 3:13 PM
Too soon to talk about the characters, but if we can customize I gonna try to make them similar to previous protagonists xD

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 3:24 PM
Maybe you'll be able to buy clothes and accessories for your character in a department store or something similar? That would be interesting. I can't see any other reason why a mirror would be present in the game, other than to enable customisation.

Crystal Power
8th January 2013, 3:30 PM
I couldn't really see how he looks but from what I could. I like the male playable character design and clothes. Couldn't see the female that well. Does anyone have screenshots of the two? I hope we get official artwork of them soon.

Also am I the only one wishing and hoping for more Black characters this Gen? Seeing as Gen V was the first to introduce Black characters. If you are what kind of designs are you hoping for? I want a girl, dark skin, and pink hair. Or what kind of gym leaders are you hoping for in general (Not just Black character). A dark type Gym would be perfect!

Manene!
8th January 2013, 3:32 PM
Too soon to talk about the characters, but if we can customize I gonna try to make them similar to previous protagonists xDThey'd probablly make a lot of money selling skins that are based on previous characters. Easy payed DLC.

Maybe you'll be able to buy clothes and accessories for your character in a department store or something similar? That would be interesting. I can't see any other reason why a mirror would be present in the game, other than to enable customisation.That would be cool. Like a little boutique in Paris? Pokemon Fashion Week where you can buy clothes?

I just hope that everyone doesn't look the same. coz in 3d that would look really bad. They should maybe have a different face or something.Hopefully the include a few version of each character. Instead of one Youngster, there's three or four. All looking somewhat different. Different color shorts, shirts, shoes, hates, eyes, and hair. Different skin tones as well?

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 3:34 PM
Also am I the only one wishing and hoping for more Black characters this Gen? Seeing as Gen V was the first to introduce Black characters. If you are what kind of designs are you hoping for? I want a girl, dark skin, and pink hair. Or what kind of gym leaders are you hoping for in general (Not just Black character). A dark type Gym would be perfect!

Seeing as this is France and not Japan, I think we'll be able to see a variety of ethnic groups here, too. Since Fire, Bug, and Ghost/Psychic-Type Gyms seem to be confirmed, a Dark-Type Gym would be nice for once. I'm glad that they're putting in a proper Fire-Type Gym - Chili isn't really the same, since he's grouped together with two other people.

I'd like some actually good-looking villains (real ones, not people like N) this generation, too. ;p

gliscor&yanmega
8th January 2013, 3:36 PM
Maybe you'll be able to buy clothes and accessories for your character in a department store or something similar? That would be interesting. I can't see any other reason why a mirror would be present in the game, other than to enable customisation.

I had the same thought on the mirror, who knows, maybe they just added there to get a better look at yourself in the front, even though you can good enough already.

I'm defiantly learning towards there being some level of customizing in the game, I doubt it'll be huge or anything though, a few different colours for hair and that, some different styles of hair and clothes, some other little stuff.

Crystal Power
8th January 2013, 3:39 PM
I forgot to add. I'd love to see character customize in this game. You can make the character look like you and you'll get the feel that you're actually on this adventure.

Seeing as this is France and not Japan, I think we'll be able to see a variety of ethnic groups here, too. Since Fire, Bug, and Ghost/Psychic-Type Gyms seem to be confirmed, a Dark-Type Gym would be nice for once. I'm glad that they're putting in a proper Fire-Type Gym - Chili isn't really the same, since he's grouped together with two other people.

I'd like some actually good-looking villains (real ones, not people like N) this generation, too. ;p
Yes, you are right about that. France have different races so there is still hope that my wish come true. Oh they confirmed those Gyms? I haven't seen that yet.

Yea, A more mysterious looking Villian would be nice. :P

x0MoMusica0x
8th January 2013, 3:40 PM
a

unless i get both games, i'll only be playing through as the boy. i really hope that we can edit/customize the character b/c that would be yet another cool thing for Pokemon to do

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 3:40 PM
I had the same thought on the mirror, who knows, maybe they just added there to get a better look at yourself in the front, even though you can good enough already.

I'm defiantly learning towards there being some level of customizing in the game, I doubt it'll be huge or anything though, a few different colours for hair and that, some different styles of hair and clothes, some other little stuff.
I won't be surprised if there is, it's about time. Not to mention, it'll remove the need for having to set what NPC you want to appear as to others.

Maybe they'll make some of the more complex designs DLC as well? I kind of doubt it, what with Pokemon being aimed at kids at all, but Game Freak and Nintendo seems to have become more aware of the older fanbase recently. There are official Facebook and Twitter accounts, after all.

Yes, you are right about that. France have different races so there is still hope that my wish come true. Oh they confirmed those Gyms? I haven't seen that yet.

Yea, A more mysterious looking Villian would be nice. :P
Well, they appeared in the trailer, so I'm just guessing here. And I meant that I wanted more attractive guys, but... yeah, that would work, too.

Ver-mont
8th January 2013, 3:42 PM
Well, first we had a female Champion. Then we had a female Professor.

Now I want a female villain boss.

XJ55
8th January 2013, 3:42 PM
I think the main Character is actually Hilbert... In Black2/White2 nobody knows where he is, so he could have gone to another Region, like the Pokémon X/Y one.

carboncopy
8th January 2013, 3:43 PM
I think the main Character is actually Hilbert... In Black2/White2 nobody knows where he is, so he could have gone to another Region, like the Pokémon X/Y one.

that would be nice. problem is y would he start all over again ? dont tell me he's like ash and ditches all his pokes when going to a new gen :P

Manene!
8th January 2013, 3:44 PM

Now I want a female villain boss.Yes, that would be interesting. I hope this happens.

Sarefan
8th January 2013, 3:45 PM

I second that!

Crystal Power
8th January 2013, 3:48 PM
I won't be surprised if there is, it's about time. Not to mention, it'll remove the need for having to set what NPC you want to appear as to others.

Maybe they'll make some of the more complex designs DLC as well? I kind of doubt it, what with Pokemon being aimed at kids at all, but Game Freak and Nintendo seems to have become more aware of the older fanbase recently. There are official Facebook and Twitter accounts, after all.

Well, they appeared in the trailer, so I'm just guessing here. And I meant that I wanted more attractive guys, but... yeah, that would work, too.

OH! Yea an attractive looking Villain would be nice. A find a man or a woman can be attractive so anyone would be perfect for that! You might think I'm crazy but Archie From Sapphire and Emerald looked attractive to me. >.>

Platinum fan.
8th January 2013, 3:48 PM
My expectations for Pokemon have been low but this looks good. As for the characters, the boy looks like the two gen 5 males fused together. Kinda boring. The girl on the other hand, might be my fave best dressed female character and I can barely even see her. I like the hat and the color scheme of her outfit. I won't be flipping a coin to see who I play as. The girl wins. I wonder what the evil team will be? Looking forward to this.

Manene!
8th January 2013, 3:49 PM
I think the main Character is actually Hilbert... In Black2/White2 nobody knows where he is, so he could have gone to another Region, like the Pokémon X/Y one.I doubt it. Then how would they name him Xander/Xavier/Max/any other name with a prominent "x" in it?

The Head Honchkrow

Yep, those are my thoughts too.
I mean, if Dragon Quest can do it, why not Pokemon? :)

~The Head Honchkrow~

foxxface
Maybe a Cruella De Vil like villain who wants to skin pokemon alive for their fur lol

Nacreous

And a female rival^^

Shadow_Zorua
8th January 2013, 3:50 PM

Yes! That would be cool.

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 3:51 PM

Oh, I forgot about that. I hope we get some cute-on-the-outside, totally-psycho-on-the-inside villain, who acts all ditzy and breezy while TORTURING HELPLESS POKEMON FOR [insert nightmarish project here].

Takaru
8th January 2013, 3:56 PM
I could see them doing a huge marketing thing with DLC if they give you an option for customizing. Selling pieces of clothing from older characters, maybe even hair-do's. Its a bit of a reach, but fans have been asking for a customize feature for ages!

Nacreous
8th January 2013, 3:56 PM
Maybe the rival[female] is this evil genious who wants to destroy all humanity...

Manene!
8th January 2013, 3:57 PM
Maybe a Cruella De Vil like villain who wants to skin pokemon alive for their fur lol
And it all goes back to the fashion thing...

And a female rival^^
Yes. One that's a serious rival. One that gives you a run for your PokeDollars.

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 3:59 PM
Yes. One that's a serious rival. One that gives you a run for your PokeDollars.
I think I'd like a childhood friend rival who's a quiet, calm, and very intelligent sort of girl who's always having to teach you things will be interesting, too. Serious, but not a total jerk.

Nacreous
8th January 2013, 4:01 PM
I think I'd like a childhood friend rival who's a quiet, calm, and very intelligent sort of girl who's always having to teach you things will be interesting, too. Serious, but not a total jerk.

Like a female Cheren?I want one who seems nice[not weak] but who turns up to be this evil,creepy girl

GalladeofSpades
8th January 2013, 4:08 PM
Maybe the rival[female] is this evil genious who wants to destroy all humanity...

I SECOND THIS WHOLEHEARTEDLY.

... Well... either the rival turns out to be the villain or the professor who gives you the pokémon does. I wonder what tree they'll be using this time.

Ditto B1tch
8th January 2013, 4:09 PM
I'm curious to know the name of the criminal team!

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 4:12 PM
Like a female Cheren?I want one who seems nice[not weak] but who turns up to be this evil,creepy girl

Well, uh, looks like my description ended up that way... =/

Maybe a Genki Girl who turns out to be the daughter of the leader of the evil team, and was monitoring you for whatever information they needed? Now that would be interesting.

Skycross
8th January 2013, 4:13 PM
It would be cool to see a rival/ or professor that shows up nice and such at first, but for whatever reasons in game, they turn out to be one of the main antagonist(s).

Manene!
8th January 2013, 4:23 PM
I think I'd like a childhood friend rival who's a quiet, calm, and very intelligent sort of girl who's always having to teach you things will be interesting, too. Serious, but not a total jerk.I feel like we've had too many rivals like that. We've had two jerk rivals: Blue and Silver. We've had tons of friendly/helpful rivals. Brendan/May, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Belle, Hugh. Not to mention characters like Ethan/Lyla and Lucas/Dawn who helpf you along the way. I wouldn't mind a secondary rival who's helpful/friendly, but I want the main one to be a girl with a powerful team that will drag you all across the region.

Zecaomes
8th January 2013, 4:25 PM
I want a female rival. And not like it was in Gen 3 in which your rival is the other playable, I want a rival, like Bianca, but meaner

Manene!
8th January 2013, 4:25 PM
Well, uh, looks like my description ended up that way... =/

Maybe a Genki Girl who turns out to be the daughter of the leader of the evil team, and was monitoring you for whatever information they needed? Now that would be interesting.I think having the nice/friendly rival be the son/daughter of the leader of the evil team would be an interesting twist. Even if they're not aware of it. Or if they are and it turns out that they're not so nice. Or maybe they have a change of heart in the end and help you? It add some cool depth to not only the rival character, but also to the evil team leader.

SilverFox
8th January 2013, 4:26 PM
I don't care what the rivals gender is as long as s/he is a good one.

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 4:30 PM
I feel like we've had too many rivals like that. We've had two jerk rivals: Blue and Silver. We've had tons of friendly/helpful rivals. Brendan/May, Wally, Barry, Cheren, Belle, Hugh. Not to mention characters like Ethan/Lyla and Lucas/Dawn who helpf you along the way. I wouldn't mind a secondary rival who's helpful/friendly, but I want the main one to be a girl with a powerful team that will drag you all across the region.

What do you mean by "drag you all across the region"? I don't understand the personality you're going for here.

AuraChannelerChris
8th January 2013, 4:34 PM
The rival shall be your very fabulous friend who lives in a big mansion next to your small one. He is friendly, yet his ego is big.

Also, the new evil team shall be Team Croissant.

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 4:36 PM
The rival shall be your very fabulous friend who lives in a big mansion next to your small one. He is friendly, yet his ego is big.

Maybe he could be a very feminine-looking boy, too. And be ambiguously gay.

Team Croissant would try to... uh... destroy all source of food except for croissants? =/

PokéLiam69
8th January 2013, 4:42 PM
I really hope with the 3D model format that the mirror appearing in the trailer was a hint at customization. Pokémon is a global game and I think it would be cool for everyone to finally have their gameplay characters representative of the person they are. Even if it's as simple as hair colour and skin tone I'm happy!

I myself have always played with my Pokémon character 'Jo' a female. Jo has never been blonde and I would like it if I could change that, I don't mind if I can't the designs seem pretty cool. I do NOT like the sunglasses though! So corny!

Really looking forward to official art being released :D

Pasque
It's hard to tell what the protagonists are gonna be like just from those few rapid clips.

I'm hoping for a straightforward rival, one who's just a jerk or a bully even. A childhood bully!
It'll make curb-stomping them more enjoyable.

NeoDude-5000
I'm curious to know the name of the criminal team!

Would be cool if they are called Team DNA. That sounds awesome.

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 4:46 PM
It's hard to tell what the protagonists are gonna be like just from those few rapid clips.

I'm hoping for a straightforward rival, one who's just a jerk or a bully even. A childhood bully!
It'll make curb-stomping them more enjoyable.

Meh, I don't like bullies as rivals. Makes them more of an enemy than a true rival.

How about a rival who's really rich, has generally posh-themed Pokemon, and is proud and slightly arrogant, but is also a bit of a ditz as well as pretty sheltered due to his pampered background, and genuinely cares for their Pokemon?

PokéLiam69
8th January 2013, 4:48 PM
Would be really cool if your 'rival' was a sibling, like a twin brother/sister or something. Then there's a reason for the rivalry and the friendship also!

Pasque
8th January 2013, 4:51 PM
Meh, I don't like bullies as rivals. Makes them more of an enemy than a true rival.

How about a rival who's really rich, has generally posh-themed Pokemon, and is proud and slightly arrogant, but is also a bit of a ditz as well as pretty sheltered due to his pampered background, and genuinely cares for their Pokemon?

Oooh I do actually like that idea. And judging by some of the scenery in the trailer there appears to be some rich/high class buildings, so the rival would fit in with that setting.

And interestingly enough I said I'd like a childhood bully cause I'm tired of "friendly" rivals, but I'd still like there to be a personal background between the characters. Different tastes huh?

AuraChannelerChris
8th January 2013, 4:51 PM

I know. They might go so far as to strip your clothes off while in public! Luckily, this never happened before!

...Wait.

Would be really cool if your 'rival' was a sibling, like a twin brother/sister or something. Then there's a reason for the rivalry and the friendship also!

I second this idea.

Takaru
8th January 2013, 4:53 PM
I would seriously LOL if they made the main villain look like Marie Antoinette

Pepsi_Plunge
8th January 2013, 4:58 PM

The main villan being a women would be pretty cool atleast.

Ver-mont
8th January 2013, 4:58 PM

Yes! I second that. Quick, forward this idea to Masuda.

It's about time, isn't it? And female villains are usually great characters.

carboncopy
8th January 2013, 4:59 PM
Why dont you eat cake ? :P

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 5:00 PM

But that would kinda destroy the sibling relationship, wouldn't it? Unless they're supposed to magically reconcile after some heartwarming speech at the end.

A female villain with a completely ridiculous and logic-defying hairdo would be nice.

Locormus
8th January 2013, 5:02 PM
Clothing customization makes sense for this game. With the European influence, it makes sense there'd be some focus on fashion.

I don't like this.. Europe =/= Fashion! Freaking annoying.. But apparently, most girls on here want character customization for some reason.. It's not as if it really matters at all.. I haven't once thought during the 15 odd years I've been playing these games: "Well.. I wish my character in red didn't wore a cap, but a bandana, because that's all so hot in fashion right now"

Get it out of the system people.. If customization enters the fold it will add nothing.. Even more worthless then musicals and contests.. But oh well, those were added for girls as well..

PokéLiam69
8th January 2013, 5:04 PM
But that would kinda destroy the sibling relationship, wouldn't it? Unless they're supposed to magically reconcile after some heartwarming speech at the end.

Not really, I have 3 brothers and I could imagine nothing more cool than both going our separate ways on our individual Pokémon adventures and crossing paths every now and then and battling to show each other how far we've come, who's doing better and pushing myself to get better. I think it would be a great concept for the 'rival' personally!

SilverFox
8th January 2013, 5:06 PM
I don't like this.. Europe =/= Fashion! Freaking annoying.. But apparently, most girls on here want character customization for some reason.. It's not as if it really matters at all.. I haven't once thought during the 15 odd years I've been playing these games: "Well.. I wish my character in red didn't wore a cap, but a bandana, because that's all so hot in fashion right now"

Get it out of the system people.. If customization enters the fold it will add nothing.. Even more worthless then musicals and contests.. But oh well, those were added for girls as well..

Three of the Four major fashion cities are in Europe. Paris, being one of them, so why wouldn' it have a little fashion element to it? We had a fashionable supermodel as a gym leader in Unova. I'm sure we will get something along the same lines here.

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 5:09 PM
Not really, I have 3 brothers and I could imagine nothing more cool than both going our separate ways on our individual Pokémon adventures and crossing paths every now and then and battling to show each other how far we've come, who's doing better and pushing myself to get better. I think it would be a great concept for the 'rival' personally!
Well, I don't have any siblings myself, so I wouldn't know, but I suppose that could work.

Three of the Four major fashion cities are in Europe. Paris, being one of them, so why wouldn' it have a little fashion element to it? We had a fashionable supermodel as a gym leader in Unova. I'm sure we will get something along the same lines here.
Exactly. It'll fit in with the region's theme. Not to mention, character customisation adds some uniqueness to your character, too, which is always nice.

Nacreous
8th January 2013, 5:10 PM
Hmm...Elesa returns as an Elite Four with hairy armpits^^

Chomper4
8th January 2013, 5:14 PM

I agree.

Also here is my prediction on Gym Leader types

Dark
Flying
Psychic
Grass
Bug
Electric
Dragon
Fighting

ryanthehuman
8th January 2013, 5:21 PM
I am totally for a female villain/rival this gen. Since the region seems to based on France I'd like to see Fantina make an appearance similar to how Jasmine did in Sinnoh.

carboncopy
8th January 2013, 5:22 PM
I agree.

Also here is my prediction on Gym Leader types

Dark
Flying
Psychic
Grass
Bug
Electric
Dragon
Fighting

maybe switch Electric and Dark, just a hunch.

MidnightMelody
8th January 2013, 5:24 PM
Fantina might be from this region XD. Customization would be pretty awesome. I just want a dark gym this region.

PokéLiam69
8th January 2013, 5:25 PM
Well, I don't have any siblings myself, so I wouldn't know, but I suppose that could work.

Well then that makes sense :P Sibling rivalry is the strongest of rivalry!

gliscor&yanmega
8th January 2013, 5:26 PM

Pretty sure it's not a gender thing. I'm male and I certainly would like some freedom on what I look like. Pokemon is a game about freedom and playing the game as you like, being able to look how you want(Within reason and limitations) is perfectly reasonable. It's not like you have to customize your character if you don't want to, just like you don't have to do Musicals or Contests if you don't want to. It's there for those who want to do more and have some extra freedom in the game, not just for females of the franchise.

EDIT: And I don't even care for fashion and that, I just want to be bald for once. Plus the male character looks too much like Hilbert for me.

Jazz™
8th January 2013, 5:29 PM
That and the fact that he was wearing glasses. Seems like we could have some accessories to choose from.
This would make the game much more varied, and I really hope that this translates to actual physical features, like hair. BLONDE PROTAGONISTS FTW!

Crystal Power
8th January 2013, 5:29 PM
Maybe he could be a very feminine-looking boy, too. And be ambiguously gay.
That would nice, probably will never happen though.. :/

SilverFox
8th January 2013, 5:31 PM
Fantina might be from this region XD. Customization would be pretty awesome. I just want a dark gym this region.

maybe! She might make a post game appearance as well.

Locormus
8th January 2013, 5:34 PM

Yes, and Elesa was enough in my opinion.. Three out of four.. Good lord.. :| Just the thought alone all gives me shudders.. Because of that you think that fashion NEEDS to be incorporated into Pokemon?? This is spiralling out of control people.. Pokemon is not about clothes!

SilverFox
8th January 2013, 5:38 PM
Yes, and Elesa was enough in my opinion.. Three out of four.. Good lord.. :| Just the thought alone all gives me shudders.. Because of that you think that fashion NEEDS to be incorporated into Pokemon?? This is spiralling out of control people.. Pokemon is not about clothes!

I didn't say we needed it. I said that it's more than likely we will get it. But I will say that I wouldn't mind it if we did have customization. In fact, I would love it. I love creating my own characters.

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 5:39 PM

It's still a fun, creative, harmless, and completely optional feature that could easily be incorporated into the games.

Super-Staff
8th January 2013, 5:46 PM
Not sure what to think of the new player character(s?). I do think they might go with the 'customize your own character' thing people seem to be suggesting. Part of me likes and dislikes that. I liked most of the player character designs in the past and the boy here seems underwhelming. I'm also not liking how the female character was downplayed in the trailer. But oh well.

Malcolm Belmont
8th January 2013, 5:47 PM
Personally i feel..that the male trainer is a bit too similar to the previous male lead but still..the charcters look really cool :D

Zorgaz
8th January 2013, 5:48 PM
I can't say i care much about character personalization but i do think it is time for them to incorporate it after 5 generations, just make it optional.

Manene!
8th January 2013, 5:50 PM

Get it out of the system people.. If customization enters the fold it will add nothing.. Even more worthless then musicals and contests.. But oh well, those were added for girls as well..Wow, between this and saying "Pokemon: Turning queerer by the generation.. " in another thread... you can stop at any time now. You really need to educate yourself because you sound super ignorant.

I hope they introduce a flamboyant, male fashion designer as the Champion. Wouldn't that be cool?

Aegon
8th January 2013, 6:00 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of the player characters' designs. The male looks like a less interesting Hillbert or Nate. Was a clear shot of the female shown?

SilverFox
8th January 2013, 6:05 PM
I hope they introduce a flamboyant, male fashion designer as the Champion. Wouldn't that be cool?

Well there was Wallace. ;)

He'd fit in well in this new region. Wallace and Fantina need to show up together.

Manene!
8th January 2013, 6:06 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of the player characters' designs. The male looks like a less interesting Hillbert or Nate. Was a clear shot of the female shown?Not really. She's shown running and she's wearing a red skirt, red, jacket/vest, with some white sleeves and a red hat. Then another time she was waring the red skirt and hat with what looked like a black sweater. Hopefully the official art for them pops up soon.

Kanethedragon
8th January 2013, 6:08 PM
I can't say I'm a fan of the player characters' designs. The male looks like a less interesting Hillbert or Nate. Was a clear shot of the female shown?

Kinda, she reminded me of Blue/Leaf for some reason.

misunderstoodhero
8th January 2013, 6:11 PM

This kinda matches the rival idea I was working on for Pokemon Games I was designing for fun and to use in my artwork portfolio.

Nobody cares, but I'm going to ramble on about the idea now :D

Essentially the rival was a girl who's "default" name is Oregon. She lives in a mansion on the outskirts of town. Her father owns the regions equivalent to the Department Store, and her mother is a very well known contest judge. She also has very well-off relatives such as her uncle being a member of the Elite Four.

Due her upbringing and family history, she feels the need to prove herself, and wishes to do so by becoming a Dex holder and taking the Pokemon Challenge. She's not overtly mean or nasty to you, but she quite obviously looks down her nose at you and is very "entitled" and expects her journey to be easy, like it's written in the stars for her to be the best trainer ever. She doesn't even catch her Pokemon, they're all gifts from rich relatives.

Depending on the results of your battles with her, she will come to respect you more and learn that she needs to improve as a trainer solely on her own efforts, not by the resources of others. As such, the last Pokemon to enter her team is caught by herself (Also, it's the only Pokemon that changes depending on your starter, other then her own starter of course)

Obviously as I was working that idea, it's something I'd like to see, and I think it could fit what appears to be a French based Region quite well.

Regardless of personality though i think the next rival needs to be
- Female, regardless of player gender
- To be respectively tough opponent. Not enough that they wipe the floor with you, but assuming that some players will be very young she needs to pose around a threat to players of average skill who haven't overleveled their pokemon.
- Scaling difficulty based on your Won/Loss ratio against her, and her Pokemons levels slightly scale to match your own (No more then five levels though)
- Finally, a Loss should be a loss. If you lose against her, you don't get that battle again, and the story acknowledges that she won.

Oh and like everyone else seems to be mentioning, a female villain would be nice.

SilverFox
8th January 2013, 6:11 PM
The female trailer looks a lot like Roll from MegaMan.

725roy
8th January 2013, 6:17 PM
I think this is the first time we've had a blonde female protagonist!

As for Characters... the evil team will most likely have something to do with the DNA of pokemon due to the logos and names of the game. X and Y are both chromosomes that determine almost everything in DNA... they shall be called "Team Colleuse" (French for Splicer, y'know like DNA splicers).

Manna
8th January 2013, 6:19 PM
I'm hoping for a Hilda/Hilbert/N cameo in this game given the postgame of the B2/W2.

Sonicmfc
8th January 2013, 6:25 PM
With the focus appearing to be Fashion, I have a feeling we'll get to see Elesa in all her 3d glory XD
Along with customisation, It's a no brainer that they'll be releasing dlc costumes based on previous characters, easy easy money for them.

Manna
8th January 2013, 6:27 PM
With the focus appearing to be Fashion, I have a feeling we'll get to see Elesa in all her 3d glory XD
Along with customisation, It's a no brainer that they'll be releasing dlc costumes based on previous characters, easy easy money for them.

I believe they said they wouldn't do that with this series.

SilverFox
8th January 2013, 6:34 PM
Looking at the picture in Sonicmfc's sig line...look at the height difference between the two trainers waiting for the mc to come. That is awesome!!! Also look at how the had doesn't really fit on the MC head like it was placed there, which adds more evidence to customization.

Argon Wartortle
8th January 2013, 6:42 PM

I like that idea. I hope they give you the option of changing hair colour, height and hairstyle so that I can make my character an ingame version of ME!!!!

TheSirPeras
8th January 2013, 6:43 PM
That would be awesome! Choose what the player looks like and maybe even the rival would make this game more like you xD

misunderstoodhero
8th January 2013, 6:46 PM
Would like character customization too.

If I had to take a wild stab in the dark, I'd guess the league trainers were something like this.

Pokemon Gyms
1. Poison
2. Bug
3. Fight
4. Fire
5. Grass
6. Ice
7. Dark
8. Psychic

Elite Four
1. Water
2. Electric
3. Flying
4. Steel

Also, Elite Four need to be battle-able in any order again. One of the best decisions about B/W in my opinion.

GalactaRay
8th January 2013, 6:48 PM
We need those MIIs and maybe even other miis in the pokemon center or stadiums. If fasion is included in Pokemon Y/X that means everyone will love the avatars. :)

PokéLiam69
8th January 2013, 6:50 PM
Was a clear shot of the female shown?

Not really, the clearest shot was this one:

http://i.imgur.com/dKOqI.png?1p

I've mashed together a sprite version of what I imagine her design to be, in the running sequences it showed that she was wearing knee-socks rather than tights and had some sort of white sleeves.

trident20
8th January 2013, 6:51 PM
too bad there wont be any spoilers......

TheSirPeras

If I had to take a wild stab in the dark, I'd guess the league trainers were something like this.

Pokemon Gyms
1. Poison
2. Bug
3. Fight
4. Fire
5. Grass
6. Ice
7. Dark
8. Psychic

Elite Four
1. Water
2. Electric
3. Flying
4. Steel

Also, Elite Four need to be battle-able in any order again. One of the best decisions about B/W in my opinion.

A dark gym would be nice, haven't had one yet so it would be pretty cool. I wanna see some different things, like Rock in the E4, or maybe like you said a flying type E4

Rudruma
Probably not on the current talking point, but I hope the plot of X & Y finishes off what I hope will be the 'Unova Trilogy' theres still so much that needs resolving in Unova, for example Hilberts whereabouts, Ghetis, N, a complete Kyurem should serve as the X & YPokedex's last pokemon ala Arceus & Genesect.

Ver-mont
8th January 2013, 6:52 PM

Exactly the other way round for me, I prefer by far the "you can only go ahead, never go back" from the previous Generations, but... to each his own.

Probably not on the current talking point, but I hope the plot of X & Y finishes off what I hope will be the 'Unova Trilogy' theres still so much that needs resolving in Unova, for example Hilberts whereabouts, Ghetis, N, a complete Kyurem should serve as the X & YPokedex's last pokemon ala Arceus & Genesect.

No, we had enough of Unova. I think its storyline is done.

Misty Ketchum66
I just saw that there was a new game coming out today!! At first i didn't believe it, but now I do! :D
And I wasn't sure from the trailer, but is there a girl playable character?

~Misty

Malcolm Belmont
I would love to see a Dark Type Champion..that would be amazing

TheSirPeras
8th January 2013, 6:56 PM
I just saw that there was a new game coming out today!! At first i didn't believe it, but now I do! :D
And I wasn't sure from the trailer, but is there a girl playable character?

~Misty

Yes there is

Mr.Munchlax
8th January 2013, 6:57 PM
Are we still speculating that the characters can be customized?

AuraChannelerChris
8th January 2013, 7:00 PM
Not really, the clearest shot was this one:

http://i.imgur.com/dKOqI.png?1p

I've mashed together a sprite version of what I imagine her design to be, in the running sequences it showed that she was wearing knee-socks rather than tights and had some sort of white sleeves.

Looks French-y enough to me, I'd say.

SilverFox
8th January 2013, 7:00 PM

Pokemon Gyms
1. Poison
2. Bug
3. Fight
4. Fire
5. Grass
6. Ice
7. Dark
8. Psychic

Elite Four
1. Water
2. Electric
3. Flying
4. Steel

Well I am guessing there could be a Ground or Steel type gym that is in that desert looking city from Star Wars.

Zero38
8th January 2013, 7:03 PM
Are we still speculating that the characters can be customized?

Yes,

http://i7.minus.com/ibiGlqYKOIHyoB.png
~
http://i2.minus.com/iyKTZZlX0e6yj.png

Kanethedragon
8th January 2013, 7:04 PM
Yes,

~

Glasses, no Glasses. AWESOME FIND!!!!

Aurath8
8th January 2013, 7:04 PM
Exactly the other way round for me, I prefer by far the "you can only go ahead, never go back" from the previous Generations, but... to each his own.

The problem with that is GF decide to advance their levels as you go meaning only the first 2-3 E4 members aren't nearly as challenging as the last. If they do them in a specific order they need to reduce the level advancement to just 2 levels between the first and last member as that's roughly how many levels someone's team goes up as they go through the E4.

Yes,

~

It will probably only be limited to a few different bits of clothing but that's awesome.

Zero38
8th January 2013, 7:09 PM
Glasses, no Glasses. AWESOME FIND!!!!

Some nice people found out in some other place, but It was dropped fast and I thought this is important, that's why I shared :D

ysmr97
8th January 2013, 7:10 PM

Pokemon Gyms
1. Poison
2. Bug
3. Fight
4. Fire
5. Grass
6. Ice
7. Dark
8. Psychic

Elite Four
1. Water
2. Electric
3. Flying
4. Steel

Not to sound, idk, stupid, but I don't actually want a dark gym. Don't you like the uniqueness of Dark? And also, the SECOND I read the flying E4, I just went "OMG OMG GREATEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!"

Lucario95
8th January 2013, 7:12 PM
I agree, It will be cool that you can customize your own character.

Zero38
8th January 2013, 7:12 PM
The problem with that is GF decide to advance their levels as you go meaning only the first 2-3 E4 members aren't nearly as challenging as the last. If they do them in a specific order they need to reduce the level advancement to just 2 levels between the first and last member as that's roughly how many levels someone's team goes up as they go through the E4.

It will probably only be limited to a few different bits of clothing but that's awesome.

probably accessories and stuff, enough things to let the characters look different this time when they meet online :p

FallBird
8th January 2013, 7:17 PM
Just watched the trailer again... looks like we get roller skates! Did anyone else notice that?

And I love the female trainer! I'm definitely going with the girl for my first run, I haven't liked their designs since third gen.

Raguna
8th January 2013, 7:18 PM
Woa, that customization bit got me by surprise. I never really minded the way the main characters looked, but it would be amazing if you could customize them, even a little bit. But, aside from that, there's not much characters to discuss right now. I'll just have to wait for Rivals, Professors, Gym leaders and such.

gliscor&yanmega
8th January 2013, 7:19 PM
Just watched the trailer again... looks like we get roller skates! Did anyone else notice that?

And I love the female trainer! I'm definitely going with the girl for my first run, I haven't liked their designs since third gen.

It's either roller blades or roller shoes, which may replace running. I'm thinking it's the latter.

EDIT: Well...I guess it can't replace running as they are shown running still. I wouldn't want roller blades over a bike though(I don't really care though).

GalladeofSpades
8th January 2013, 7:19 PM
Something I'd REALLY like to see again are opposing villain teams. It was one of my favourite parts in R/S/E, so I think it needs to be done again.

If X and Y really mean chromosomes... Chauvinists vs Feminists?... Yeah, that's a terrible idea.

carboncopy
8th January 2013, 7:20 PM
I wonder what the rival team be like ? Will they be another PETA ?

Wishing Star
8th January 2013, 7:22 PM
I have a slight hunch that the antagonistic team is going to focus on the modification of Pokémon to achieve their goals. With Genesect in the previous generation and the original dragon still not expanded on much, perhaps the games of this generation could at least expand on those two with post-game content or something. And X and Y being names of chromosomes... seems too convenient to be a coincidence. o:

diakyu
8th January 2013, 7:37 PM
I have a slight hunch that the antagonistic team is going to focus on the modification of Pokémon to achieve their goals. With Genesect in the previous generation and the original dragon still not expanded on much, perhaps the games of this generation could at least expand on those two with post-game content or something. And X and Y being names of chromosomes... seems too convenient to be a coincidence. o:
Yeah, I'm doubting that the DNA splicer in BW2 were just randomly named that now. Or it's a big coincidence.

Master of Fire
8th January 2013, 7:38 PM
i wanna customize my own character that wold be cool

and a dark champion would be pretty cool instead of the over done dragon type
perhaps a fire champion as well? but i'd love a dark type champion that is a challenge

Takaru
GF has taught me that we shouldn't question what they would do and not do, they said they would never do a full 3D landscape and battling would always be in sprites, and well look at what we have now.

Vecherom
Were my eyes being tricky or is the female blonde? because that would be a first.

Flame Mistress

Genetically adapting Pokémon to make them weapons? The evil team could perform cruel genetics-related experiments on Pokémon, and the player has to save them.

Malcolm Belmont
8th January 2013, 7:39 PM
Looks French-y enough to me, I'd say.

It does look like a French Girl..

GalladeofSpades
8th January 2013, 7:43 PM
Napoleon Bonaparte BETTER be an admin at the very least... The opportunity is too good to pass up!

fennekin
8th January 2013, 7:51 PM
The new character looks very similar to the character in B2/W2. Coincidence?

Nibbles4Ever
8th January 2013, 7:53 PM
I hope the character looking in the mirror means you can customize your character. that would be so cool. I also like the idea of the roller skates =D

Nacreous
8th January 2013, 7:56 PM

Yeah,I mentioned that...but nobody seemed to notice what I said>.>

Ungoliath
8th January 2013, 7:59 PM
Yes,

~
THANK GAWD.

Those glasses needed to go. I wonder if we can change the color scheme.

CptDrDigi
8th January 2013, 8:22 PM
Those glasses really reminded me over the Digimon Goggle heads.... I sorta like it....

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 8:51 PM
Napoleon Bonaparte BETTER be an admin at the very least... The opportunity is too good to pass up!
Napoleon Bonaparte is back from the dead, and demands a key that will lead to the region's doom! The protagonist's childhood friend is that "key", and is forced to work for him! The protagonist must defeat Napoleon on a floating platform that suddenly emerged from the skies by a series of battles! Yeah! That totally works!

The new character looks very similar to the character in B2/W2. Coincidence?
Uh... yes?

Missingno.Fan
8th January 2013, 8:56 PM
I hope the main villain of the game is a lady. Or at the very least your rival is a jerk girl.

misunderstoodhero
8th January 2013, 9:00 PM
Not to sound, idk, stupid, but I don't actually want a dark gym. Don't you like the uniqueness of Dark? And also, the SECOND I read the flying E4, I just went "OMG OMG GREATEST IDEA EVER!!!!!!"

Thanks, I just went with the types that felt natural for France, and A roster of Elite Four Type's that have never been done before.
Personally, I really do want to see a Steel and Flying type Elite Fours. Electric would be pretty cool too. Water is just in there because for some reason my mind thinks a French Region would have a high-end Water trainer, but I didn't want it to be the last gym leader again and it hasn't been done in the Elite Four Yet. (Not counting Wallace as champion of course)

Sonicmfc
8th January 2013, 9:01 PM
Considering like they didn't show any actual official artwork of the main characters like they usually do I think it's safe to assume we're getting some customisation.
Anyways, has anyone noticed during the battles the characters were nowhere to be seen in the battle environment? I'll be disappointed if my character isn't standing behind my pokemon during battles+ trainer battles...

SmeargleRocks
8th January 2013, 9:01 PM
I think the male may get a skate board, the female a bike or roller blades, customization of characters (to an extent ex. hair, hat, glasses, shirt, pants,.and possibly shoes with 4-5 options for each topic) also I didn't get to see the female but yeah the male looks like an ugly Hilbert at certain parts in the trailer

Jazzy-Strings
8th January 2013, 9:02 PM
Were my eyes being tricky or is the female blonde? because that would be a first.

i recon taht the female is actually the girl thatwas running in the forest. or the characters are customisable. saying that the one in the forest looks an awful lot like rosa of bw2

trident20
8th January 2013, 9:03 PM
skateboard would be cool

TheEliteEmpoleon
8th January 2013, 9:04 PM
The protagonists seem too young for me.

Can we customize our character?

Pspaans
8th January 2013, 9:04 PM
Yes,

~

thank you for posting those screens, If it's true and not a mistake from Gamefreak, then, I can get a rid of those glasses! I didn't like them...

trident20
8th January 2013, 9:07 PM

we are thinking we can

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 9:07 PM

Well, they do look a bit like chibis, after all.

It's not confirmed, but it seems that way, judging from the trailer. Which would be awesome - I'd love to give my character something like pink hair. And of course, no one can complain about the characters having ugly designs.

Shadow XD001
8th January 2013, 9:15 PM
Character customization would be a great feature, so we can control how the character that we play as looks. Maybe the mirror scene is right after that beginning part where the professor talks, asks your gender, etc? In X & Y there would also be the character customization added into that part, if there is customization.

GalladeofSpades
8th January 2013, 9:16 PM
Speaking of forests, I wonder who the girl that was running with the Male Player character in the forest was. The one with the pig tails in the trailer.

... Have we found our rival? 8D

Zero38
8th January 2013, 9:28 PM
Speaking of forests, I wonder who the girl that was running with the Male Player character in the forest was. The one with the pig tails in the trailer.

Or sister :p

gliscor&yanmega
8th January 2013, 9:29 PM

I was wondering who it was too. Thought it may have been the female player character but she looks too different. Maybe she is the rival.

Excitable Boy
8th January 2013, 9:32 PM
So. Statue in picture. Let's discuss, as that's a caractor and I have a conspiracy theory.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/castle.jpg

I see a Golurk, a Palpitoad (to the right, near its feet), and an Eevee (to the right, near its head, in its hand). Who's the guy? Why the Ground-types and the Eevee? They're all native to Unova, those Pokemon; might he be related to a Gen V character, possibly Clay?

allicat
8th January 2013, 9:35 PM
Oh, man, I was so busy comparing the male protagonist to egoraptor, I didn't even think about character customization. Now that you guys point it out, it seems likely, what with the mirror in the beginning. This is seriously so exciting.

NeoDude-5000
8th January 2013, 9:35 PM

She looks like Rosa, the main female character from BW2. Maybe the protagonists appear as NPC's depending on gender choice?

Excitable Boy
8th January 2013, 9:36 PM
She looks like Rosa, the main female character from BW2. Maybe the protagonists appear as NPC's depending on gender choice?

or maybe it's just a slight similarity that means nothing because finite number of good NPC designs

adamfitz
8th January 2013, 9:38 PM
So. Statue in picture. Let's discuss, as that's a caractor and I have a conspiracy theory.

I see a Golurk, a Palpitoad (to the right, near its feet), and an Eevee (to the right, near its head, in its hand). Who's the guy? Why the Ground-types and the Eevee? They're all native to Unova, those Pokemon; might he be related to a Gen V character, possibly Clay?

Maybe a ground type eevee to come

gliscor&yanmega
8th January 2013, 9:39 PM

When I first saw it I thought he/she(Who knows) was some kind of superhero or something, it's kind of hard to make things out though(I barely can even notice the Eevee).

Maybe he's our father or something, and we want to follow in his footsteps to be awesome and whatnot...if not, hopefully we have a father this time, wasn't R/S/E the only time we had a father?

GalladeofSpades
8th January 2013, 9:48 PM
When I first saw it I thought he/she(Who knows) was some kind of superhero or something, it's kind of hard to make things out though(I barely can even notice the Eevee).

Maybe he's our father or something, and we want to follow in his footsteps to be awesome and whatnot...if not, hopefully we have a father this time, wasn't R/S/E the only time we had a father?

Yup. He was a Gym Leader. Also, if having two parents is too huge to ask for, I'd like a single DAD instead of a single MOM, Nintendo.

SilverFox
8th January 2013, 9:49 PM

I think she's too generic looking. Kind of like a Lass or a Lady. So it's kind of odd to me that she would be a main NPC.

.:Alex:.
8th January 2013, 9:58 PM
I was thinking about names for the MCs. I can totally see the defaults being Wiley and Exie, or something of that sort. ;)

Excitable Boy
8th January 2013, 10:00 PM
Maybe Xander and Yvonne? Just a thought.

Plus side down side
8th January 2013, 10:17 PM

Xander and Yvonne sounds cleaner.

I'm really aching to see the villain though. Some really cool designs could come from the graphics. I'm kind of hoping that it's a female, but I won't be disappointed it it's not.

*Kyurem*
8th January 2013, 10:23 PM

What if that is a new feature found in the game similar to the Entralink that lets other players come over to our game? Maybe that character WAS the female NPC and was changed with the customization in the game.

Lunanight
8th January 2013, 10:26 PM
Fantina was said to be French. The games take place in France. So perhaps Fantina could show up. Pokemon games tend to include characters from past gens (DP had Jasmine. HG/SS had Steven, Maylene, and Cynthia. BW had Cynthia again, along with Looker. BW2 had every gym leader/champion from previous gens.)

I really doubt she would have much importance, but you might get to battle her in said game. Its just something that came to mind upon realizing the games were in france. Maybe Fantina was born in the gen 6 region?

Xander and Yvonne sounds cleaner.

I'm really aching to see the villain though. Some really cool designs could come from the graphics. I'm kind of hoping that it's a female, but I won't be disappointed it it's not.

Zero? Sounds villainous. Could foreshadow a potential Pokemon Z version but that is going too far. I wonder what theme the villains will have. TR were the mafia. Team Aqua/Magma were about expanding sea/land. Team Galactic wanted to create a new world(?). Old Team Plasma wanted to seperate trainers from Pokemon and had the whole truth/ideas thing and the theme of friends. New Team Plasma is kinda like TR in their agressive portrayal.

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 10:27 PM

Xander and Yvonne sounds very nice.

As for the villain, as long as they're either a female or an attractive male, I'll be satisfied.

Also, just saying, Fantina speaks English instead of French in the Japanese versions.

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama
8th January 2013, 10:30 PM
The male character looks really good to me. I didn't get a good glimpse on the female though, but I'm remembering Hilbert from the new male protagonist.

Shneak
8th January 2013, 10:31 PM
The male protagonist's design is poor. He looks way too much like a Hilbert-Nate cross. Is that the new recurring theme for the males now? The girl looks much more interesting.

TheSirPeras
8th January 2013, 10:31 PM
The male protagonist's design is poor. He looks way too much like a Hilbert-Nate cross. Is that the new recurring theme for the males now? The girl looks much more interesting.

I agree, he looks very generic. Hopefully you'll be able to customize your character

Rudruma
8th January 2013, 10:32 PM
Pierre and Fontaine as the player characters!

Hoping to see N in 3D, aswell as Ghetsis, Cheren and Bianca, I thinkits important that the Unova characters get closure.

Excitable Boy
8th January 2013, 10:35 PM
Hoping to see N in 3D, aswell as Ghetsis, Cheren and Bianca, I thinkits important that the Unova characters get closure.

They did.

They were called Black 2 and White 2; popular games, those.

Rudruma
8th January 2013, 10:38 PM
Funny, Ghetsis is missing, N's on some sort of crazy quest, and Cheren and Bianca need development,

Excitable boy I'm pretty sure it was you denying Sixth Gen last night so stfu

Aurath8
8th January 2013, 10:40 PM
I agree, he looks very generic. Hopefully you'll be able to customize your character

Well there have been shots of the male character with and without sunglasses as well as him standing in front of a mirror, so I'd say it's likely.

Plus side down side
8th January 2013, 10:41 PM
I just had a thought.

In pretty much every Pokemon game, there are cameos from past characters that come in. So for the first time, we could potentially get 3D models of old characters.
Who do you want to see in 3D? Oak? Cynthia? Red? They are going to have more detail than ever if they do appear.

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 10:43 PM
I just had a thought.

In pretty much every Pokemon game, there are cameos from past characters that come in. So for the first time, we could potentially get 3D models of old characters.
Who do you want to see in 3D? Oak? Cynthia? Red? They are going to have more detail than ever if they do appear.

I doubt we'd actually get detailed versions of them - the characters all look like chibis, if you ask me.

crystalzapdos
8th January 2013, 10:44 PM
Funny, Ghetsis is missing,

Post game the Shadow Triad said he went insane or something.

N's on some sort of crazy quest,

No, they closed that out too.

and Cheren and Bianca need development,

That's a pretty loose statement.

Lunanight
8th January 2013, 10:47 PM
How much do guys want to bet Cynthia will be in this game? She's been in every game since her debut. Platinum, HG/SS, B/W, B2/W2...

More off-topic, I wonder if this gen is going to be like Johto and connect back to a previous region which isn't Kanto. You know, since I am tired of having gen 1 shoved down my throat. Moving on, I could see the game being like G/S in that it could be connected to maybe Hoenn or Sinnoh, since HG/SS wasn't THAT long ago so I don't want to see Johto for a while. I know some started with Gen I/II and this may be harsh, but you know marketing the new gen stuff should be Gamefreak's priority. Bias in favour of Gen 3 aside, either Hoenn or Sinnoh have an equal chance of returning as a second region if one showed up.

Back on-topic, I hope for customization of outfits for the characters. Probably with stuff worn by the more known characters. Such as being able to wear Cynthia's jacket or Umbreon-ear-things, or maybe Lance's cape, Red's outfit, or Elesa's BW2 outfit, etc. Probably random stuff, as well as some unlockables like outfits worn by the gym leaders, elite four and champions. The trailer did hint at it, what with the mirror which the male player character was looking into. Seems like a Sims-esque thing to have the mirror to look into for no explained reason, so its probably for customization.

Excitable Boy
8th January 2013, 10:47 PM
Funny, Ghetsis is missing, N's on some sort of crazy quest, and Cheren and Bianca need development,

Ghetsis is the only main villain who's been wrapped up; he's had a mental breakdown and is unable to function. N isn't questing, he's at his castle, waiting for Hildabert. Cheren is Aspertia Gym Leader, and Bianca is Juniper's assistant.

What more development do any of them need or want?

Excitable boy I'm pretty sure it was you denying Sixth Gen last night so stfu

obviously (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?369450-Official-Pok%E9mon-News-Discussion-Thread-POST-POKEMON-NEWS-HERE&p=15553335#post15553335)

Rudruma
8th January 2013, 10:52 PM
Ghetsis is the only main villain who's been wrapped up; he's had a mental breakdown and is unable to function. N isn't questing, he's at his castle, waiting for Hildabert. Cheren is Aspertia Gym Leader, and Bianca is Juniper's assistant.

What more development do any of them need or want?

obviously (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?369450-Official-Pok%E9mon-News-Discussion-Thread-POST-POKEMON-NEWS-HERE&p=15553335#post15553335)

Close minded idiot!

Anyways,

does anyone think the regional professor will be female again?

nekromedia
8th January 2013, 10:52 PM
I really want Cheren to appear just because he's my favorite character--maybe he could be the Professor--/shotshot

But anyway, I'm kind of hoping the antagonist this time is unrelated to a Team. Not that I'm not okay with that, but I just wonder how they would go about doing that.

Zoruagible
8th January 2013, 10:53 PM
I wonder what the villains of this region will look like. I hope the character's names don't start with X or Y

Pilpulp
8th January 2013, 10:54 PM

I agree with this 100%, is there a chance of this not being final? I mean, the games release in October.

Plus side down side
8th January 2013, 10:55 PM
I wonder what the villains of this region will look like. I hope the character's names don't start with X or Y

I think it's a pretty large possibility that they're starting with X or Y. I could be wrong, but it makes sense that they would use the letters presented.

*Kyurem*
8th January 2013, 10:55 PM
But anyway, I'm kind of hoping the antagonist this time is unrelated to a Team. Not that I'm not okay with that, but I just wonder how they would go about doing that.

I think it would be a twist if your rival somehow ended up as the main antagonist's right hand in whatever he/she does.

Excitable Boy
8th January 2013, 10:56 PM
Close minded idiot!

Well, that invalidates all of my points.

also sigged, just b/c

Rudruma
8th January 2013, 11:00 PM
I suggest you remve me from your sig, last chance

gpt11
8th January 2013, 11:01 PM
I agree with this 100%, is there a chance of this not being final? I mean, the games release in October.

I hope so as the scenery looked great but the characters and movement looked a bit stiff and wrong except the scene they are running in the woods before they find a pikachu

Flame Mistress
8th January 2013, 11:03 PM
I think it would be a twist if your rival somehow ended up as the main antagonist's right hand in whatever he/she does.
Maybe they have a Face Heel Turn because of the pressure caused by always being one step behind you?

I suggest you remve me from your sig, last chance
Heh, you're funny.

Excitable Boy
8th January 2013, 11:08 PM
Maybe they have a Face Heel Turn because of the pressure caused by always being one step behind you?

I could see it more as your innocent rival, wanting an edge, turning to the evil team to see what they have to offer, and then becoming more involved in the organization as the game progresses. That could be cool.

BillymanX
8th January 2013, 11:09 PM
Hey guys, I barely post anymore but I thought I'd put in my 2cents on customization.

In the trailer, when the main character uses the vine, his glasses are left behind. A sort of glitch.

But that would imply that glasses aren't a necessity to the main character design, correct?

Customization confirmed.

.:Alex:.
8th January 2013, 11:12 PM
I think it's a pretty large possibility that they're starting with X or Y. I could be wrong, but it makes sense that they would use the letters presented.
I think it's a big possibility too. Although they do like to play on words (hence why I came up with "Wiley"), so I can see that happening as well. Definitely something around the letters for sure.

I do think the male has to relate to the Y and the female to X though, given the genetics theme of the game.

Hudsonn98
8th January 2013, 11:16 PM
My first thought when I saw the protagonists was CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION!!! I didn't get a good look at the girl but the guy look like ***. Seriously..:

diakyu
8th January 2013, 11:16 PM
I hope so as the scenery looked great but the characters and movement looked a bit stiff and wrong except the scene they are running in the woods before they find a pikachu
It didn't seem that stiff to me. The rollerblading animation looked very smooth. The only one that stood out was the web jumping animation and even that one wasn't that bad.

I should go ahead and get this out of the way, Male character > Female character. This might change when the official artwork comes out however.

FlyAsADunsparce
8th January 2013, 11:18 PM
What if there's two evil coorperations in these games, like in R/S/E. You could have like Team Femme who only use Miltank, Jynx, Kangaskhan, Nidoqueen, Illumise, Gothita, Mismagius etc. who worship the legendary deer. The deer is actually a symbol of Greek godess Artemis. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows. The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. In later Hellenistic times, she even assumed the ancient role of Eileithyia in aiding childbirth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis

and Team Homme who use pokemon like Tauros, Volbeat, Machamp, Nidoking, etc. who worship the bird like pokémon, who were sacred to Male Greek God Ares. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stymphalian_birds

Woud make sense with the X/Y Chromosome thing. I don't know I'm just using my imagination lol.

Manna
8th January 2013, 11:20 PM

As long as they have interesting backstories/a good plot in general I don't care what they do~

Shneak
8th January 2013, 11:34 PM

Obviously CERN mad scientists.

Aegon
8th January 2013, 11:35 PM
What if there's two evil coorperations in these games, like in R/S/E. You could have like Team Femme who only use Miltank, Jynx, Kangaskhan, Nidoqueen, Illumise, Gothita, Mismagius etc. who worship the legendary deer. The deer is actually a symbol of Greek godess Artemis. She was the Hellenic goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth, virginity and protector of young girls, bringing and relieving disease in women; she often was depicted as a huntress carrying a bow and arrows. The deer and the cypress were sacred to her. In later Hellenistic times, she even assumed the ancient role of Eileithyia in aiding childbirth. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis

and Team Homme who use pokemon like Tauros, Volbeat, Machamp, Nidoking, etc. who worship the bird like pokémon, who were sacred to Male Greek God Ares. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stymphalian_birds

Woud make sense with the X/Y Chromosome thing. I don't know I'm just using my imagination lol.
This is very interesting. I'm greatly looking forward to what Game Freak does with all of this. The games are certainly becoming more thought out.

Akwakwak
8th January 2013, 11:42 PM
The female character looked like she had blonde hair, well it's about F*****g time!

stoutshako
8th January 2013, 11:44 PM
have to do this
NSFW > 7585

Archangel Azazel
8th January 2013, 11:57 PM
I don't know.. didn't have a good glance at the female character but so far I love them. If they are customizable I would love it even more! ^_^ Yes even if the male looked like Hilbert >.> I like Hilbert <.>

SceptileFan
9th January 2013, 12:05 AM
Hey guys, I barely post anymore but I thought I'd put in my 2cents on customization.

In the trailer, when the main character uses the vine, his glasses are left behind. A sort of glitch.

But that would imply that glasses aren't a necessity to the main character design, correct?

Customization confirmed.

YES.

If they are truly customizable, I sincerely hope that we can change the hair. The long hair on the guy...dunno...just not working for me.

And the outfit does look nearly identical to Hilbert, which is something I don't like. If I can customize, I plan on doing so.

A_Merry_Snowrunt
9th January 2013, 12:06 AM
have to do this
NSFW > 7585

Team Spectra
Team Eucluid
Team ........... I don't know. I know there are lots of mathematicians out there. Pascal's law.

Serebii!
9th January 2013, 12:12 AM
I like the protagonists currently and I do think it is possible that there will be some character customization in the games

Ex-Admiral Insane
9th January 2013, 12:14 AM
The Rivalling Teams? I like the specualtion on the X/Y being a male and female organization. Feminism movement and such.
From generation 3 onwards, the Rival Teams are interested in the Legendaries of the Region, so I think that they'll have a connection.
Also, when Pokémon was released, there was some controversy I believe, mainly in the western world, about parent's believing it was a game in which you were enslaving animals (so to say).
So it was interesting to me when I noticed generation V looking very similar to America and then have Team Plasma that was against the enslaving of animals, like animal rights protesters.

Since the region, in my opinion, seems European, I wanted to hear from people outside of Europe what their main stereotypical view is on Europe's problems and ethical issues.
Since I believe that might play a key role in the motives of the rival team. (Please keep it clean and polite, this isn't meant to create an argument.)

stoutshako
9th January 2013, 12:15 AM
i really want to see old characters in this series you know?
like a clash of titans, lance appears out of nowhere and beat everyone
when cynthia appears and i mean she is cynthia.
anyway i really really want to see a great female character.

Vecherom
9th January 2013, 12:15 AM
Is the female protagonist the one with the blonde hair? If so who is the girl in the video chasing the male protagonist?

Dragalge
9th January 2013, 12:18 AM
I can't wait to see how the new Bad Team's (Plasma and others) story will go. I hope it's better then Gen V even though I loved it.

stoutshako
9th January 2013, 12:19 AM
i really want to see Team Algebra.
it will be hilarious.

Jacobthepokemonfreak
9th January 2013, 12:21 AM
Cu-cu-cu-customizable characters!? *at a loss for awesome words*

i really want to see Team Algebra.
it will be hilarious.

And the Leader can be Sho Minamimoto!
You Factoring Hectopascals!

Penguinist Trainer
9th January 2013, 12:25 AM
I'm hoping that there is some kind of customization to the characters. The male character looks like a "stock" character, probably to demonstrate that you can model yourself after previous characters if you like. I just hope that the customization process is a little bit more advanced than creating a Mii. The males face looks oddly like a Mii. I'm also hoping for a little customization considering we've been able to change the looks on our trainer card for awhile (whether it was Roughnecks, Rich Boy, Ace Trainer, Breeder, etc etc).

Regarding antagonists, I'm honestly curious to see what direction they take it. We've had the basic crime syndicate, eco-terrorists, doomsday cults, and animal rights groups. The only thing I can think of is like a religious cult or maybe model it after a hate group, but I can't imagine a way of turning that kid friendly.

I also like the idea of multiple rivals with their own motivations and goals. I know Gen V didn't have the best in terms of character development, but I think there's plenty to improve upon. I'd also like to see a legitimate rival. I don't mind being friends with some of my rivals, but I definitely think there should be a rival that you are competing against. I liked Blue and Silver because they were constantly taunting me.

I'd also like them to bring back some of the unique characters. For instance in Gen IV, there were parts where you were journeying with a unique trainer such as Marley, Cheryl, or Riley. Even though they were basically just escort missions, I thought having another person being a part of your journey made it feel like it was more like an official journey.

zomegax7249
9th January 2013, 12:28 AM

YES.

If they are truly customizable, I sincerely hope that we can change the hair. The long hair on the guy...dunno...just not working for me.

And the outfit does look nearly identical to Hilbert, which is something I don't like. If I can customize, I plan on doing so.

I would love customization, it would make these truly epic pokemon games. But, sadly I doubt gamefreak will do it. Also, to me the male protagonist's outfit looks like hilbert's hat/hair, and the coat from the male protagonist in platinum.

RedTroopa
9th January 2013, 12:29 AM

YES.

That would be a great mechanic to include. Idk if its just me, but at the part where he stands in front of a mirror is a great place to put customization options for the player.

Everlasting
9th January 2013, 12:30 AM
Customization looks plausible. The character standing in front of a mirror is very strange... It's not very usual in the other games. I would love that, because the female character doesn't look to the boy one (in the other games, they look almost like twins brother and sister).
That would be awesome because the guy looks small and childish... I'm really hoping about this !

Chomper4
9th January 2013, 12:32 AM
Team Terra- Villainous Team

Elite Four Types-

Poison
Steel
Rock
Ice

Hydreigon5782
9th January 2013, 12:34 AM
Isn't Fantina from diamond and pearl French? Hopefully she at least has a cameo. Maybe even she returned to her homeland and became a gym leader there.

gpt11
9th January 2013, 12:45 AM
Isn't Fantina from diamond and pearl French? Hopefully she at least has a cameo. Maybe even she returned to her homeland and became a gym leader there.

or she could jst randomly appear like jasmin in sinnoh

Jacobthepokemonfreak
9th January 2013, 12:52 AM
or she could jst randomly appear like jasmin in sinnoh

Sunnyshore city had large resemblences to Olivine city.

I really want Multiple rivals and a story that stretches PAST beating the E4 or whatever they Have.

poutwuw
9th January 2013, 12:53 AM
I really don't like the male protagonist so far. He looks too... small. His head is also quite big for his baby Hilbert looking self. His hat looks like a red pot. The glasses look out of place and weird. He skips like a little girl. I seriously hope this little weirdo is customizable.
Sorry if I offended anyone, I'm usually a more optimistic person.

9th January 2013, 12:54 AM
Oh yes. Multiple rivals would be amazing. I'd love it. A female and a male would be nice just like Bel and Cheren. I think I'm one of the few people who liked both of them being rivals.

Lorde
9th January 2013, 1:04 AM

I guess that's possible, although I'd prefer seeing only new characters in these games. A fresh start basically.

Anyway, the main playable character looks interesting. I really disliked Hilbert and Nate, but the new guy has potential. I'm also pleased that he seems to be a kid and not a teenager like the playable characters in BW.

Platinum fan.
9th January 2013, 1:06 AM
As far as rivals go, I am fine with just two. Anymore then two and it's too many and a cluster of a mess. As far as customizing goes, I hope they add a feature like that. If so it's got me sold. I also hope you can have the playable characters where their sun glasses. Are they sun glasses or regular glasses? I hope they are sun glasses. Challenge Gym's with shades on.

GoldCyndaquil
9th January 2013, 1:10 AM
Customizable characters?! Yes, please! That would be so awesome, considering the dullness of the male's outfit (Hilbert...please leave the world of pokemon, you are very boring). The mirror is very strange, I don't remember mirrors before anywhere, only water in previous gens. Actually the whole Mii idea would work. Many 3DS games do use the aspect of a Mii so why shouldn't Pokémon? If it's not a Mii, then hopefull just customizable in general. (I'm personally found of the rich boy avatar seen in the gym with the FemalePC, he has his hand in his pocket looking all bad***. I don't want a hate either, sorry but I really don't like them :p.

cascadethewarrior
9th January 2013, 1:13 AM
I hope they finally have a legit female rival or a legit female boss of the villainous team. Also yes to customization! I always wanted a raven haired heroine that way she can look like me :D

Liltwick
9th January 2013, 1:14 AM
Customizable characters?! Yes, please! That would be so awesome, considering the dullness of the male's outfit (Hilbert...please leave the world of pokemon, you are very boring). The mirror is very strange, I don't remember mirrors before anywhere, only water in previous gens. Actually the whole Mii idea would work. Many 3DS games do use the aspect of a Mii so why shouldn't Pokémon? If it's not a Mii, then hopefull just customizable in general. (I'm personally found of the rich boy avatar seen in the gym with the FemalePC, he has his hand in his pocket looking all bad***. I don't want a hate either, sorry but I really don't like them :p.

I agree with this statment 100%. Also, yea, a lot of 3DS games do. Though, they normally are for just making profiles, it's still good to have your Mii incorporated into things (No matter how much I hate them), and the Mirror definitely raises some questions.

I hope they finally have a legit female rival or a legit female boss of the villainous team. Also yes to customization! I always wanted a raven haired heroine that way she can look like me :D

I can see this happening as well. I just hope they use another Achetype instead of the Tsundere for her though. We've had enough of them.

cascadethewarrior
9th January 2013, 1:32 AM
I can see this happening as well. I just hope they use another Achetype instead of the Tsundere for her though. We've had enough of them.

Are you referring to the Rival or the boss? If the rival well since May and Bianca are the only female rivals and only May was that way then I don;t see how you are tired of only 1...but whatever lol I do hope she is a bad-A though.

mr_brightside
9th January 2013, 1:32 AM
I would LOVE customizable characters! I want a tan-skinned hero with black spikey hair and rockin' shades so he can look like me :D

Not big on the idea of using Miis. I think the art styles would clash too much.

Liltwick
9th January 2013, 1:33 AM
Are you referring to the Rival or the boss? If the rival well since May and Bianca are the only female rivals and only May was that way then I don;t see how you are tired of only 1...but whatever lol I do hope she is a bad-A though.

I'm referring to the RIval, and I mean Tsundere's in General, I guess you forgot all the male tsundere's in pokemon...

Kutie Pie
9th January 2013, 1:38 AM

YES.

Well, at least I think we can choose our own outfits, maybe hair-style. But looks like if there will be customization, it'll be rather limited. The addition of roller skates are neat, same with goggles, though it reminds me of Digimon... Either way, if it looks like customization is in these games, then we might not have to do Trainer types anymore when it comes to yourself in wireless battling/trading. Unless we can dress up like a Trainer type? Interesting to see where it goes from here. Wish I could see more of the girl character, though. All I could gather was her hair was really long, and she might be wearing a dress with a hat that reminds me of Carmen Sandiego.

Speaking of the girl character, is it just me, or did I see what looks to be Rosa in the trailer following the male protagonist in a forest?

AuraChannelerChris
9th January 2013, 1:39 AM
Okay, let's guess the name of the new Pokemon professor.

Quick, what are the European-exclusive trees out there?

cascadethewarrior
9th January 2013, 1:39 AM
I'm referring to the RIval, and I mean Tsundere's in General, I guess you forgot all the male tsundere's in pokemon...

Okay. I thought you just meant the Female Tsundere's. My bad. What kind of character did you have in mind? Cause it seems to me that they either make the rival a tsundere, as you've said, or extremely friendly.

EmphaticPikachu
9th January 2013, 1:42 AM
For the sake of it (because a friend had this as her profile picture.) look at this.

She's so cute. <3...

I compared the best look at her sprite we got to this, and DAMN is it accurate. I'm almost SURE this ain't official, but suddenly I love this girl so much more. <3...

She looks so elegantly cute <3...(dawn's still my favorite though.)

Obviously its pretty much not official because we haven't gotten anything for it...and because she's not holding a god damn pokeball. Which means we can call ********. XD Yet I want to share it.

Suhnerd
9th January 2013, 1:43 AM
For the sake of it (because a friend had this as her profile picture.) look at this.

She's so cute. <3...

I compared the best look at her sprite we got to this, and DAMN is it accurate. I'm almost SURE this ain't official, but suddenly I love this girl so much more. <3...

She looks so elegantly cute <3...(dawn's still my favorite though.)

Obviously its pretty much not official because we haven't gotten anything for it...and because she's not holding a god damn pokeball. Which means we can call ********. XD Yet I want to share it.
I like her, just...idk the hair seems to big to me. Would like it better if it was a bit smaller.

Liltwick
9th January 2013, 1:45 AM
Okay. I thought you just meant the Female Tsundere's. My bad. What kind of character did you have in mind? Cause it seems to me that they either make the rival a tsundere, as you've said, or extremely friendly.

I would like if Gamefreak broke the mold and had her as the Emotionless Girl or a Yandere. It would be a very interesting idea and work out quite well.

cascadethewarrior
9th January 2013, 1:46 AM
I would like if Gamefreak broke the mold and had her as the Emotionless Girl or a Yandere. It would be a very interesting idea and work out quite well.

Kinda like Sabrina?

Liltwick
9th January 2013, 1:48 AM
Kinda like Sabrina?

Yea, kind of like Sabrina, let me go check tvtropes for other things that could fit a female rival.

Plus side down side
9th January 2013, 1:50 AM
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/tonijauhari/CaveStory3D.jpg

I figured out what the protagonists remind me of. Not a whole lot, but it was honestly the first thing that came to mind when I saw the male.

Interference
9th January 2013, 1:50 AM
The female reminds me of Yancy for some reason.

EmphaticPikachu
9th January 2013, 1:51 AM
I like her, just...idk the hair seems to big to me. Would like it better if it was a bit smaller.

Could be. I dunno. We really need official art to tell though...

I guess the reason why I fangazumed over this picture is because I viewed her as a "Snarky Princess" and I don't really like that. (Spoiled rotten in a sense.) (the fact thats extravgent france only helped the perception.

But in this picture she looks so calm, it completely destroyed my orginal image of her. Its not offical though...so likely my image of her will be destroyed once more. @.@

1Hero
9th January 2013, 1:52 AM
This isn't likely to be true but it's something.

X,Y,and N are all common variables in science.

Maybe N will make an appearance?

Darenix
9th January 2013, 1:52 AM
Is the female protagonist the one with the blonde hair? If so who is the girl in the video chasing the male protagonist?

I assumed the male character was leading her through the forest dungeon (or whatever you'd like to call it) Ala whatsherface from D/P/Plat.

I'm hoping that there is some kind of customization to the characters. The male character looks like a "stock" character, probably to demonstrate that you can model yourself after previous characters if you like. I just hope that the customization process is a little bit more advanced than creating a Mii. The males face looks oddly like a Mii. I'm also hoping for a little customization considering we've been able to change the looks on our trainer card for awhile (whether it was Roughnecks, Rich Boy, Ace Trainer, Breeder, etc etc).

You specifically won't like this idea, but what if your character WAS your Mii, seeing as the 3DS has a Mii system?

wunderkind
9th January 2013, 1:53 AM
As far as rivals go, I am fine with just two. Anymore then two and it's too many and a cluster of a mess. As far as customizing goes, I hope they add a feature like that. If so it's got me sold. I also hope you can have the playable characters where their sun glasses. Are they sun glasses or regular glasses? I hope they are sun glasses. Challenge Gym's with shades on.

Yeah, I really hope you can toggle sunglasses on and off. That way I can go all CSI: Miami on trainers. Looks like I'll need to get the instant YEAH button ready...

cascadethewarrior
9th January 2013, 1:53 AM
The female reminds me of Yancy for some reason.

Maybe....*Wait for it*... it IS Yancy! lol

Kanethedragon
9th January 2013, 1:54 AM
So, no other info actually officially accounted for, or just still the deviations that were noticed earlier?

Kutie Pie
9th January 2013, 1:58 AM

She's so cute. <3...

OH MY GOSH SHE'S BLONDE YESSSSSSS (that better be the official art of the character). About time :P, no offense to all the brunettes out there. Right length and size of hair, too. She would totally look like me if she had glasses on, so here's to hoping for customization. *crosses fingers*

...don't look at me like that, I seriously have been waiting for a blonde playable character ever since Crystal. While I really don't mind the designs, I think a lot of them are pretty cute, but all the girls started to look the same with exception of hair-style. Yeah, she looks like Leaf a little bit like that, but whatever.

All that's left now is a redhead protagonist, and then they can go with any ridiculous hair-color they want.

1Hero
9th January 2013, 2:10 AM
Did anyone else think the guy looked a little, well.....girly?
I still like the design. Just doesn't seem as masculine as the others

9th January 2013, 2:12 AM
Did anyone else think the guy looked a little, well.....girly?
I still like the design. Just doesn't seem as masculine as the others

Well, he's probably 10 years old, so there's no trouble there.

Luxvan
9th January 2013, 2:16 AM
I'm gonna just add story to this, but you know what I really hope for? More diversity with the two games. Just some minor changes in the story (besides the interaction with the mascots).

1Hero
9th January 2013, 2:18 AM

I guess that's true. Makes him look younger. I guess it's just different seeing them as full body trainers. i thought it would look more like character art. But you're right.

crystalzapdos
9th January 2013, 2:18 AM

He looks a lot older than 10 years old.

She looks like the girl Protagonist from B/W2.

9th January 2013, 2:20 AM
He looks a lot older than 10 years old.

To you, maybe. To me, no.