PDA

View Full Version : Get your Signature Checked!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RaZoR LeAf
30th March 2005, 11:56 AM
1. Keep pictures 200x200 pixels or Smaller.

http://img130.exs.cx/img130/7624/200box3eu.jpg

200 * 200 is a damned big file, you don't need anymore than this, and you are being given TWO of these images. As long as the two edges do not exceed a total of 200*200 the picture is fine, anything exceeding it will be removed.

You can, use both your image files to make one large image, by using both images right next to each other.

http://img130.exs.cx/img130/8849/dbox10xl.jpghttp://img130.exs.cx/img130/5239/dbox29pu.jpg

If you have an image that is too big, and have no way of resizing the image your self use these tags to force it down in size

[*img200] image link [/img200*]

Since this only shrinks one edge, and not both, I suggest you use some kind of screen grab (Print Screen on PC, Shift+Command+3 on a Mac) to check the actual size of the image as it appears.

2. No more than 3 outside pictures.

Images that you add from the Serebii.net archive, such as episode guide images, or sprites from the avatar list, will not be counted in this, as they come directly from the site server anyway. These 3 outside links obviously make up your image and banner limit.

2a. Give Credit Where it is due

Art Theft is no longer tolerated on the boards. If you have images in your sig that you are taking from web-sites, that are not made by yourself, you must give credit to whoever created them. This includes any images that you have been made in the Fanart forums.

3. No more than 6 links. (Includes Serebii.net/Serebii Forums ones)

Having too many links wont get your sig deleted, but you will receive a PM warning you to change it. If it's not changed, then it will be edited and random links removed until there are only three. This includes using pictures and banners as links.

This rule has now been increased, you are allowed up to SIX links in your sig.

4. No more than 1 Banner in a sig, no bigger than 468x100.

http://img130.exs.cx/img130/7533/webbanner6cj.jpg

As long as the two edges do not exceed a total of 468*100 the banner is fine, anything exceeding it will be removed. In the case of having no other images (ie, no 200*200 images, no sprites, etc) you can have another banner. But only one.

To surmise:
1 Banner, 2 images - OR -
2 Banners, no other images

5. No Sigs with Caps purely, no text berating any person or any site or anything.

Insulting a member, group of members, moderators, admins, the webmaster, whatever, will get your sig removed and depending on the severity, a warning.

6. A Limit on Color.

If you can't find a colour that's right for you use this HTML True Type Colour Chart (http://www.theodora.com/html_colors.html).

Use a maximum of FIVE colours, and remember that not all colours are visible on all styles.

7. No Large Text.

Size 1 - This is allowed
Size 2 - This is allowed
Size 3 - This is allowed
Size 4 - This is allowed in a very small amount, such as a name at the top of your sig
Size 5 and above - This is not allowed

8. No more than 8 smilies

If you want to put smilies in your sig, you need to find their exact url and use IMG tags to put them in.

9. No Images saved in Bitmap (BMP) Format. No Large Animated GIFs

Bitmaps are massive files, and on Dialup, a killer in loading time. Please save any images you intend to use in your sig as JPEG, PNG or GIF. Programs such as Paint, which save jpegs as low quality, should use PNG format instead.

Large Animated GIFs, approximatly 500k or above, will also be removed. This includes those Rip-Offs from Anime which are very common in signatures. This also means that a total amount of animated gifs cannot reach over 500kbs. If you are unsure, find out the file size of each gif and add them together. If it's over 500, then it's too much.

10. No Unnecessary Stacking

By this we mean putting lots of information in your sig, with lots of space and new lines so it spreads out and fills lots of space needlessly. Put small images next to each other one one line, and don't make lists when you can use commas to separate words in a sentence.

-------

Now, this is a topic for you to ask about your sig, and whether it is allowed or not. it is NOT a place to get your sig rated, it is NOT a place to request a sig, we do NOT make your trainer cards or banners.

To anyone else who decides to help out, please follow the rules and make every effort to be sure all the rules are being followed.

Yello Mit
30th March 2005, 12:02 PM
*Posts*

Is my sig ok? o.O

Jay
30th March 2005, 12:27 PM
wait until a MODERATOR replies and tells you otherwise.
May I ask why?

I'm getting kind of tired with this "let's treat moderators better than everyone else!" crap that the moderators themselves are enforcing. If I want to help someone, then I'm damn well going to help someone. I know the signature rules inside out. Does that mean I can't respond to anything here? Some of the moderators have broken the signature rules too. What does that say about them?

Edit: I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, since obviously moderators are the only people that can have a say in how/where to update/edit things and whatnot, but you should mention a thing or two about the type of picture file that you're allowed to place in your signature. Such as the no .bmp rule, as an example, unless that was - for whatever reason - deleted? It shouldn't have been if so; uncompressed images are killers on 56k folks.

RaZoR LeAf
30th March 2005, 4:51 PM
May I ask why?

I'm getting kind of tired with this "let's treat moderators better than everyone else!" crap that the moderators themselves are enforcing. If I want to help someone, then I'm damn well going to help someone. I know the signature rules inside out. Does that mean I can't respond to anything here? Some of the moderators have broken the signature rules too. What does that say about them?

Edit: I don't know if I'm allowed to say this, since obviously moderators are the only people that can have a say in how/where to update/edit things and whatnot, but you should mention a thing or two about the type of picture file that you're allowed to place in your signature. Such as the no .bmp rule, as an example, unless that was - for whatever reason - deleted? It shouldn't have been if so; uncompressed images are killers on 56k folks.

Because I noticed a number of people replying and saying "yes it's fine" when infact they weren't. I'm not saying that other people can't help, but people should atleast have a mod confirm it's fine too.

As for your second point, I only updated this thread because I thought the last one was getting too big, and that the sig rules weren't getting noticed enough. I copied the rules from another topic, so I missed out the rule regarding bitmaps. Thank you for pointing it out, i'll add it now.

Yellow Mit - Fine.

Torkoal Stu
30th March 2005, 5:02 PM
Is mine ok? Please say it is!

denw0
30th March 2005, 5:21 PM
I have no doubt mine's okay. :p

You can aslo have images set up with a 400x100 banner on top, and two 200x200 under it. I'll get a example.

EDIT: Zark it. they wont upload. I think you understand though.

RaZoR LeAf
30th March 2005, 6:15 PM
Torkoal - Fine

Zaphod - Fine, and yes you could set that up, but Imagine most people wouldn't want to because of the effort they'd have to put into making it line up properly.

Manyula
30th March 2005, 6:17 PM
is mine ok?

RaZoR LeAf
30th March 2005, 6:29 PM
pokemon - No. The Scyther image is too big, and you have 4 images in total.

Ninetales
30th March 2005, 7:39 PM
So I could have two 468x100 banners as long as I had no sprites, 200x200 pictures, or text? The text is the one I'm wondering about. =\

Esperante
30th March 2005, 8:05 PM
How's mine?

RaZoR LeAf
30th March 2005, 8:08 PM
I don't see why not.

Jonouchi
30th March 2005, 8:47 PM
Is mine good, or should I remove a bit?

vulpix
30th March 2005, 8:50 PM
is mine ok?

Shining Mew
30th March 2005, 9:30 PM
Jonouchi one of the pics is bmp.

Vulpix youre fine.

Edit: I thought those "quiz" images were allowed. Like the Scyther one.

Groudon80
30th March 2005, 9:42 PM
Is mine okay, and if its not, could you tell me how to make it okay?

Shining Mew
30th March 2005, 10:28 PM
You just have to change the trainer card to something other than bmp. and then youll be fine.

Groudon80
30th March 2005, 10:37 PM
how do I do that?

Ilex
30th March 2005, 10:41 PM
is mine okay?

RaZoR LeAf
30th March 2005, 10:48 PM
Cold Fusion - Miseed you out, it's fine.

oddish_Rulzzz - Both your trainer card and mini banner are bitmap images, please change them.

In order to change a bitmap, open it up in any graphics prgram (Paint, Photoshop, PSP), go to Save As, and change the format of the save, it's a drop down list beneath the name text box .

Shigeru-kun
30th March 2005, 11:18 PM
I know my sig is following the rules, but I need to check up on one thing. As you can see, I went ahead and used the 2 image rule to make a large "banner". However, according to what you said, I can just make it one image, correct? It's true I will only be allowed that one image since it's pretty much two combinded, but I want to make sure since dividing my banners into two images all the time is annoying. ^^;

Hikari Tenshi
31st March 2005, 12:18 AM
Is mine ok? I have a question, why doesn't my banner show up?

RaZoR LeAf
31st March 2005, 12:43 AM
Shigeru-kun - no, you keep it as two pictures. If we said you could combine it, we'd have people running around with two 200*400 pictures.

mudkip_luv - yes, and perhaps the link is broken. Check the url to see if the image is still there, or if it's on a site that allows direct linking.

Wolf Goddess
31st March 2005, 12:52 AM
I'm almost positive mine's fine, but just to make sure....

Hikari Tenshi
31st March 2005, 1:48 AM
mudkip_luv - yes, and perhaps the link is broken. Check the url to see if the image is still there, or if it's on a site that allows direct linking.

Oh, thanks! I was just wondering.

Groudon80
31st March 2005, 2:11 AM
About my Trainer Card, I really am not computer savvy, and I don't have a drawing program, and I didn't make it, so my dad tells me I can't change it... but how will making it not bitmap be different? Mine looks exactly like everyone else's

Ninetales
31st March 2005, 2:31 AM
In order to change a bitmap, open it up in any graphics prgram (Paint, Photoshop, PSP), go to Save As, and change the format of the save, it's a drop down list beneath the name text box .

About my Trainer Card, I really am not computer savvy, and I don't have a drawing program, and I didn't make it, so my dad tells me I can't change it... but how will making it not bitmap be different? Mine looks exactly like everyone else's.
Read read read...

Edit: Would this be allowed in my sig? :D It's 128x219 so yeah...http://img199.exs.cx/img199/6734/wtf2hu.jpg

Kyohaku
31st March 2005, 3:56 AM
I'm going to check now just as a precaution.......

Wolf Goddess
31st March 2005, 5:05 AM
Groudon80, here, I changed it for you:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y6/shiningsierra/?action=view&current=Trainercard.jpg

The_Suikun_Incarnate
31st March 2005, 5:14 AM
Umm..It says "Get your Signature checked", so I guess that's like a checkup to make sure that a person's signature is okay? Umm..I think mine's fine. I created my own "banner" thing. Uhh, the Avatar & Siggy Club banner was created by someone else though. So I guess I'm just getting mine approved? Is it okay?

Guraena
31st March 2005, 5:28 AM
Is mine fine? I tried to resize the picture zonic the hedgehog drew and it is under 200x200 but it still looks big to me. XD

Groudon80
31st March 2005, 5:53 AM
Thanks, WolfGoddess!

RaZoR LeAf
31st March 2005, 10:29 AM
Wolf Goddess - Fine

Groudon80 - Any PC or Mac comes with a basic graphics program.

Ninetales - Freaky, but acceptable

Kamon - The image in your signature either refuses to load or is so big a file it's still loading. Fix it then come ask again.

suikun_incarnate_shana - Fine

Poocyena - Your banner is 2 pixels to wide, and yes, I am going to be that
picky. It's also unnecessarily stacked. Put your trainer card next to your poochyena image and the next under that so it doesn't take up so much room.

Kylie-chan
31st March 2005, 11:20 AM
I know I have far more than 3 colours in my sig, but why the hell is that a rule?! @_@;;;

Kal-El
31st March 2005, 11:46 AM
I know I have far more than 3 colours in my sig, but why the hell is that a rule?! @_@;;;
Calm down, Ky-Ky. I assume it might be to save space and stuff...

Mine's right I should think. Pretty dull really...

H@UNT3R
31st March 2005, 2:31 PM
Is mine ok?? Just checking....

Hikari Tenshi
31st March 2005, 10:45 PM
Is this picture ok http://img26.exs.cx/img26/9286/formudkipluv37qa.gif or is it called combining?

Guraena
1st April 2005, 3:39 AM
Okie, I fixed it. <3

If the banner is stil a big prob, please tell me so I can make un-twopixelstoowide. ;x

RandomCharizard
1st April 2005, 3:49 AM
mine.....is mine ok........???

Dratini927
1st April 2005, 5:15 AM
Kylie-Chan: Yours is fine.

H@UNT3R: Yours is ok.

mudkip_luv: Yours is alright.

Poocheyna: That's alright. If we have to worry about 2 pixels, then we're all in trouble. :P

RandomCharizard: No, your banner is 474x133, which is over the 468x100 limit. You can put your banner in the banner frames by going [*banner] [*/banner]. Or you can resize it yourself and make it 468x100. :)

Darkest Umbreon
1st April 2005, 6:51 PM
Is my signature ok? And is the Ho-oh image too much?

RaZoR LeAf
1st April 2005, 7:14 PM
The pokemon sprites are outside links, so count as individual images each and you thefore have a total of 7 outside images, so no your sig is not fine. The ho-oh gif is 210*210 so it needs to be trimmed down. You can fix both by using sprites from the serebiiforums avatar list, and by using the img200 tags as explained in the first post.

Manjoume
1st April 2005, 7:29 PM
is mine ok because it is big it is big

Cowgirl
1st April 2005, 7:31 PM
umm.....Razor Leaf? Is'nt YOUR picture too big? and is mine ok?

Torkoal Stu
1st April 2005, 7:40 PM
umm.....Razor Leaf? Is'nt YOUR picture too big? and is mine ok?

No Razor Leaf's is two 200X200 Put together which doesn't break rules.(If you highlight his sig the pic is split in half!)

Cowgirl
1st April 2005, 7:44 PM
oh! Sorry. It was stupid of me to even THINK that a mod/admin would have a wrong siggy....

Torkoal Stu
1st April 2005, 7:48 PM
oh! Sorry. It was stupid of me to even THINK that a mod/admin would have a wrong siggy....

I would laugh if Serebii/Joe had a wrong sig and got banned.

Darkest Umbreon
1st April 2005, 8:30 PM
Ok, all my images are now from the avatar list... and the Ho-oh image is 200x200 pixels now. My sig is ok now, right?

Shining Mew
1st April 2005, 8:31 PM
Raikou 25... nope. you have 3 outside images and the last one is over the size limit.

Darkest Umbreon ur fine.

ShiningClefairy
1st April 2005, 9:03 PM
I'd like mine checked... I don't think I am breaking any size rules, but some of it's content is questionable.

Angel
2nd April 2005, 3:48 AM
Is mine okay? I've added a second link...I know that the maximum amount of links you can have is 2, but does it matter if both of them have nothing to do with pokemon?

Wayne
2nd April 2005, 3:52 AM
Is mine ok?

Mimori Kiryu
2nd April 2005, 4:03 AM
Mine got deleted by Razor Leaf, so I had to redo it...it's okay now, right?

VDknuckles
2nd April 2005, 4:31 AM
Is my sig ok? I think I might have too many links.

-V.D.

ShiningClefairy
2nd April 2005, 8:19 AM
Is my sig ok? I think I might have too many links.

-V.D.

Having too many links wont get your sig deleted, but you will receive a PM warning you to change it. If it's not changed, then it will be edited and random links removed until there are only three. This includes using pictures and banners as links.

V.D. you read that part wrong. You've only got one link. The images you have aren't clickable, so they aren't being used as links. I don't have the authority to say that your signature is okay though, I just wanted to help you understand that.

Wonder when we'll get a reply.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
2nd April 2005, 9:00 AM
is mine okay and not to big is it

RaZoR LeAf
2nd April 2005, 10:43 AM
raikou_25 - As Shining Mew said, your last image is not only too big, but is also a bitmap. You're also stacking unnecessarily, so put the image tags of your two smaller pictures next to each other, so the images appear on one line.

cowgirl - Your banner is a bitmap, please reformat

Darkest Umbreon - Yep, fine

Shining Clefairy - Fine

Angel - Fine

Wayne - Fine

Riza Hawkeye - Fine

Venusaur Dude - Fine

Mudkip_Girl - fine

Wonder when we'll get a reply

When someone is online. Sheesh.

Fire Tornado
2nd April 2005, 12:35 PM
is mines okay i think my banner is a bit to big

FT;257;

RaZoR LeAf
2nd April 2005, 1:06 PM
Fire Tornado - Nope, it's fine.

stigy
2nd April 2005, 1:23 PM
Is my siggy okay?

Colosseum_beast
2nd April 2005, 2:17 PM
is mine okidokey? it should be, but i want you to check anyway, dont like getting in trouble!!

Jay
2nd April 2005, 2:37 PM
I would laugh if Serebii/Joe had a wrong sig and got banned.
Oh (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=551196).

(That lee-way rule was made when I pointed out that Serebii broke the signature rules back then.) :cool:

You guys need to stop thinking moderators are godly or whatever. They break rules. They make mistakes. They're people. Get it through your head and stop kissing up to them all the time. It sickens me that this is such a commodity here (and anywhere where there are forums, basically).

Torkoal Stu
2nd April 2005, 2:50 PM
Oh (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=551196).

(That lee-way rule was made when I pointed out that Serebii broke the signature rules back then.) :cool:

You guys need to stop thinking moderators are godly or whatever. They break rules. They make mistakes. They're people. Get it through your head and stop kissing up to them all the time. It sickens me that this is such a commodity here (and anywhere where there are forums, basically).

That really happended. lol. Well it was funny. But it's would be funny if he got bannded.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
2nd April 2005, 3:19 PM
thanks RaZoR LeAf for saying its fine and i glad its not big anyway

RaZoR LeAf
2nd April 2005, 3:49 PM
stigy - Too many images

Colosseum_beast - All fine

Cowgirl
2nd April 2005, 3:59 PM
is mine ok now?

♥Johto Girl♥
2nd April 2005, 4:05 PM
I guess I should get mine checked...

So, is it okay?

RaZoR LeAf
2nd April 2005, 7:47 PM
Both of the above fine.

♪Crystal Mew♪
2nd April 2005, 10:05 PM
okay test mine

right now it may not work but there is a 200x200 image below the text
"your ip is:"

Octillery
2nd April 2005, 11:24 PM
Is mine ok? I have a feeling my banner is too big...

Kiori
2nd April 2005, 11:39 PM
Octillery: You can either have your banner to be a)cut into 2 pics that does not go over 200 x 200 pixels; b) if that doesn't work, divided into thirds, and have it less than 200 x 200 pixels; c) make another banner that fits 460 x 100 pixels, 'cause the banner is too big. ^^;

Crystal Mew: The "Your Sig Cannot Be Displayed" font is breaking the sig rule. Fix that, and it's fine.

silver
2nd April 2005, 11:40 PM
is mine ok i dont want to break rules

Kiori
2nd April 2005, 11:45 PM
Silver: For some reason, the banner's not showing up. =o Your sig's fine. ^^

silver
2nd April 2005, 11:49 PM
thanks! has it shown up fixed yet?

Kiori
2nd April 2005, 11:51 PM
Silver: Yep. =P

Octillery
2nd April 2005, 11:54 PM
Ok, I made my banner as small as possible (and I think it looks better). Is it okay now?

Kiori
2nd April 2005, 11:57 PM
Octillery: Erm...the sum of the banner's size is over 46,000. =x You can always divide them up into 3 small images and save them up as PNGs, if you only have paint. (PNG is the BEST quality, imo, if you save them in Paint)

Octillery
3rd April 2005, 12:00 AM
It looks like the same size as Silver's forum banner thing, maybe its just my computer or something... but If its uber big on yours or something... then thats fine i'll try to change it

Kiori
3rd April 2005, 12:30 AM
OCtillery: It may look the similar, but its pixel size is: 449 x 116. The product of 449 x 116 is a bit more than 52,000, which is greater than 46,000. So...

♪Crystal Mew♪
3rd April 2005, 3:59 AM
check me baby one more time

sorry I just had to....

Kiori
3rd April 2005, 4:19 AM
I would say it's okay for the length, just not for the amount of pics. :x

♪Crystal Mew♪
3rd April 2005, 4:26 AM
?

isn't it okay as long as the total pixel amount is under the limit?

I think the total pixel ammount is only 41153

Octillery
3rd April 2005, 4:43 AM
Ok. Just reedited it, and the product is 36k something so Im okay... right? Im putting it in my siggy right now...

ŁańkaŃ
3rd April 2005, 4:49 AM
Is my sig Ok?

I'm just worried about my BANNER...as i think it is OVERSIZE...

if so...I WILL FIX IT...

i'll fix it after you ANSWER...

RaZoR LeAf
3rd April 2005, 2:56 PM
Crystal Mew, Octillery, Manmadhan - All fine

Kaimei Denrei
3rd April 2005, 3:55 PM
I think my sig is too big T_T

Confirm?

Rikku.
3rd April 2005, 3:55 PM
I just re-did my sig - is it okay?

Thanks

Kaimei Denrei
3rd April 2005, 3:58 PM
Your sig is even bigger than mine is! You must edit, now!

RaZoR LeAf
3rd April 2005, 6:10 PM
¬¬ Shinjara - It's fine

Kaimei Denrei - Didn't I warn you already this week about posting off topic? You can obviously see your sig isn't breaking any rules, so you had no reason to post unless you were going to help. Which you aren't.

Kaimei Denrei
3rd April 2005, 6:17 PM
It wasn't off topic, I was honestly asking. >_>

And telling someone their sig is too big isn't helping? Reguardless if it's true or not I did say it was too big.

Jedi_Amara
4th April 2005, 7:34 AM
Does my sig have too many lines?

RaZoR LeAf
4th April 2005, 11:18 AM
It wasn't off topic, I was honestly asking. >_>

And telling someone their sig is too big isn't helping? Reguardless if it's true or not I did say it was too big.

Telling someone their sig is too big is helping. Telling someone their sig is too big when it's not, is NOT helping.

Jedi_Amara - No it's fine.

Waterlight
4th April 2005, 8:42 PM
Is mine alright? I didn't know if the banner was pushing it.....

Flaming Torchic
4th April 2005, 9:06 PM
Waterlight- Your sig is fine.

Rayquaza Tamer
4th April 2005, 9:52 PM
Hows mine?

pikalover77
5th April 2005, 3:54 AM
Is mine ok?

Kiori
5th April 2005, 5:51 AM
rayquaza tamer: The height of the 2nd animation is a bit big. =s You might want to reduce the size of it.

pikalover77: Yours is fine.

Sapphire
5th April 2005, 7:36 AM
Is my sig okay?

Dragon Master
5th April 2005, 10:27 AM
How about mine? Is it fine.

RaZoR LeAf
5th April 2005, 1:11 PM
*Sapphire_Chan* - Fine

Dragon master - your banner is too big.

denw0
6th April 2005, 3:12 AM
Hmm.

How's mine? My pic is biger on one side,

RaZoR LeAf
6th April 2005, 12:13 PM
Zaphod - After seven billion years, the second greatest computer in the universe has come to the conclusion that it doesn't now. So it's asked me, and I say your sig is fine.

Tamer Dragon
6th April 2005, 10:10 PM
Is my signature alright? I dont think it is.

SM
6th April 2005, 10:44 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with my sig...Is there?

Flaming Torchic
6th April 2005, 11:17 PM
Shiny_Magneton- Your sig is fine.

Tamer Dragon- According to the rules, only one banner is allowed in your sig. So yeah, please remove one. =X

Ninetales
6th April 2005, 11:50 PM
Like omg is my sig like ok?!

Flaming Torchic
7th April 2005, 12:26 AM
Can't see anything wrong with it.

betbest1
7th April 2005, 4:59 AM
Tamer Dragon- According to the rules, only one banner is allowed in your sig. So yeah, please remove one. =X

In the case of having no other images (ie, no 200*200 images, no sprites, etc) you can have another banner. But only one.
So, which is it? Would I be able to add another banner?

And there should be a limit on length. I have seen some exceedingly long sigs, but with no images, just lots of text.

AND a hard-and-fast file-size limit for images.

RaZoR LeAf
7th April 2005, 11:38 AM
You CAN have 2 banners in your sig, since the rules FT is going from are redundant and not properly thought through. Sorry FT and whoever actually wrote them, but I did make a mention of this in the mod forum.

O Fortuna
7th April 2005, 12:12 PM
Even though I'm not particularly worried, I've had my sig deleted before and I just want to make sure my new one is OK. Then again, if it's not I probably won't change it on account of me having forgotten I posted here...

Dragon trainer
7th April 2005, 1:04 PM
hi i got a problem with my sig

with the trainer card i want to get the picture and not the link how do i do that n the same for my mew?

betbest1
7th April 2005, 5:36 PM
Dragon trainer: put the paths to the images in [img] tags. Also, your trainer card is a BMP, which is not allowed.

Also, is my sig OK?

RaZoR LeAf
7th April 2005, 9:20 PM
Ruujura - Fine

Dragon Trainer - This is not a thread to help you get your sig working. Read the thread and go find the right one you are loooking for.

Betbest1 - Banner limit is 468*100. Yours are both 480*100. Cut them down.

Twilight Jirachi
7th April 2005, 10:12 PM
I my sig OK?

Ryusuke Hikari
8th April 2005, 12:48 AM
Is my sig okay?

Flaming Lip
8th April 2005, 1:14 AM
... Do I really need to say it... *sigh* Is my sig okay?

Moonlight Dreams
8th April 2005, 1:50 AM
Is mine ok as well?

Takuya
8th April 2005, 7:31 AM
What about mine?
Is mine okay?

Minun's Flash
8th April 2005, 1:25 PM
Is mine alright??

Cowgirl
8th April 2005, 1:46 PM
Takua, you have 3 images, and also one (or two) of them are too big. I think >.<

Mine ok now?

RaZoR LeAf
8th April 2005, 2:11 PM
DarkStar Jirachi - Fine

Kenshin - The GIF is quite large, 500+kbs so please remove it, or find a way to shrink the file size down.

Flaming Lip - No you don't, it's fine

Moonlight Dreams - Fine

Takuya - The last image of tails is far too big. You are also stacking.

Minun's Flash - Fine

Cowgurl - If you are going to help, reply to ALL sigs not just one. It's fine now.

Chain of Memories
9th April 2005, 1:09 AM
Is my siggy OK? I asked just to be sure.

Thanks!

Dratini927
9th April 2005, 3:20 AM
Crush on May: Your signature is fine. The May animation is 466 KB's large, but since your sig isn't that big, it should be fine. If you could make the KB's smaller, that would be better, but for right now, it's fine. :)

unholylssj
9th April 2005, 3:54 AM
tell me if mine's alright, plz

AmberBensonfan
9th April 2005, 10:10 AM
How's my sig? is it okay?

Knife
9th April 2005, 11:08 AM
Crush on May: Your signature is fine. The May animation is 466 KB's large, but since your sig isn't that big, it should be fine. If you could make the KB's smaller, that would be better, but for right now, it's fine.

Matt, quoting Dan

As a side note, large Animated GIFs, approximatly 500k or above, will also be removed. This also includes those Rip-Offs from Anime which are very common in signatures.

They aren't allowed, atleast not that big. 200 KB is fine, not more than that.

Ryano Ra
9th April 2005, 2:13 PM
Meh...-.-; Is my signature okay, since I think they changed the banner pixels...>_>;;

RaZoR LeAf
9th April 2005, 2:22 PM
No the banner pixels haven't been changed, yes it's fine.

Chain of Memories
9th April 2005, 2:44 PM
Crush on May: Your signature is fine. The May animation is 466 KB's large, but since your sig isn't that big, it should be fine. If you could make the KB's smaller, that would be better, but for right now, it's fine.

Matt, quoting Dan

As a side note, large Animated GIFs, approximatly 500k or above, will also be removed. This also includes those Rip-Offs from Anime which are very common in signatures.

They aren't allowed, atleast not that big. 200 KB is fine, not more than that.

I'm confused. :S

Is it 500k or 200k? Can someone please answer? That way I can know if I have to remove it, resize it, or keep it.

Thanks. ;)

Ryusuke Hikari
9th April 2005, 5:28 PM
Kenshin - The GIF is quite large, 500+kbs so please remove it, or find a way to shrink the file size down.
Kilobytes?! ...

Anyway, is it fine now?

♪Crystal Mew♪
9th April 2005, 6:56 PM
I was just wondering if I could also add this to my sig to complete the trio

http://www.myip.jacware.com/browserip.php

it would still remain under the pixel limit but I was just wondering if it would be pushing it...

Ryano Ra
9th April 2005, 9:11 PM
Meh, sorry Razor, but I changed my signature yet again; is my signature okay now?

Max Slasher
9th April 2005, 9:51 PM
Is my sig too much or is it okay?

Octillery
10th April 2005, 4:52 AM
Im pretty sure my banner and Trainer Card are ok, but Just to make sure...

Lust
10th April 2005, 6:06 AM
Hey. Can you check my sig?

♪Crystal Mew♪
10th April 2005, 1:28 PM
TPM your sig is the only one I am sure of but i think that Max Slashers and Rayano Ray's are also okay

not sure though octillery....

RaZoR LeAf
10th April 2005, 1:28 PM
Crush on May - Your GIf is 500. 200 is allowed. 500 is not.

Kenshin - It's still 500+

Crystal Mew - Why have 1 banner that tells your IP, 1 banner that tells your browser and a 3rd banner that tells both the previous? Lose the other two, you can put that in. You already have enough images in your sig.

Ryano Ra - Fine

Max Slasher -Fine

Octillery - Fine

The Pokemon master - Fine

Torkoal Stu
10th April 2005, 1:38 PM
Is my sig ok?

Water Spirit
10th April 2005, 2:25 PM
Umm... could someone let me know if my sig is OK, please? Thanks in advance! ^_^

RaZoR LeAf
10th April 2005, 8:13 PM
Torkoal Stu - Fine

Water Spirit - Fine

CaptainKoopa
13th April 2005, 4:10 AM
anyone like my sig >_>?

UnBlOsUmEd_RoSe
13th April 2005, 4:25 AM
i do , its hott! mines pretty dumb though!

Kylie-chan
13th April 2005, 6:59 AM
Even I can tell you your sig ish too big, both of you. XP
Mine? X3

RaZoR LeAf
13th April 2005, 5:29 PM
Captain Koopa - Lol, your sig is already deleted. I just removed it. Clearly you didn't even bother to read the rules on the first page. Unlucky.

Kylie-chan - Your image is a bitmap. Please change it's format.

Dratini927
14th April 2005, 4:59 AM
UnBlOsUmEd_RoSe: Too many images, and one way too big image.

Yuugis Black Magician
14th April 2005, 4:34 PM
*Waves hand.*

Say hey, Willy Mays Hays!

RaZoR LeAf
14th April 2005, 5:39 PM
Yugi's Black Magician - The Gif is too big.

T.R.A.S.H
14th April 2005, 5:57 PM
how's my sig? i dont think anythings wrong w/ it, but better make sure!

PLANES CURE TOWERS
14th April 2005, 6:20 PM
I think mine should be ok, its 480 X 100 banner and a 200 X 200 piccy too. (w X h). And there isnt a lot of wording compared to other checked sigs. If tis not ok though, please let me know. :)

Waterlight
14th April 2005, 6:24 PM
Is mine okay? I'm not sure if the FB Team picture is over-doing it.....

Tides of Chaos
14th April 2005, 10:21 PM
Is mine okay? I have a bad feeling it isn't somehow.......

glade
15th April 2005, 2:11 AM
How's mine? Is it OK?

Ryusuke Hikari
15th April 2005, 2:18 AM
Kenshin - It's still 500+

Is there a way to make it less than 500?

umbreon11
15th April 2005, 3:06 AM
Is my sig o.k?
;197;11

Gravy
15th April 2005, 6:48 PM
Same question as everyone else; Would mine be ok? I'm not to sure about whether the image's filesize is appropriate.

SM
15th April 2005, 7:20 PM
I don't think there is a problem with mine, is there? O_O

RaZoR LeAf
15th April 2005, 7:33 PM
Swamp master - Fine

Dragon Master Mog - Banner max size is 468 * 100, and your 3 seperate zodiac sings cout as three seperate images, so you have a total of 5 images, and therefore too many.

Waterlight - Not at all, it's fine

Water Starter - The 'You are Sneasel' image is too big

Kenshin - Only by shortening it's animated length. Your new sig is fine.

Umbreon11 - Your banner is too big

Gravy - Scary.. but fine

Shiny Magneton - Fine

Tides of Chaos
15th April 2005, 9:51 PM
I am not good with images on computers....how do you shrink it and how do you know what size it is? I know they are stupid questions but I am not good at stuff like this.

Prometheus
15th April 2005, 11:13 PM
So, how's my sig? Is it all above board and legal, or must I do some cutting?

Watermelon
15th April 2005, 11:36 PM
How do I get one.

umbreon11
15th April 2005, 11:43 PM
Umbreon11 - Your banner is too big

I'm not good with these kind of things ether,so how do I make it smaller?Or am I supposed to take it out?
;197;11

Lord_of_Slug
16th April 2005, 3:37 AM
Quick question, do the eggs down meh *down arrow* Count for the two other picture rule?

Ryusuke Hikari
16th April 2005, 11:30 PM
Is my new-new-new sig (plus Kenshin quote) okay?

.::Escalator::.
17th April 2005, 12:16 AM
My sig okay?

Core123
17th April 2005, 12:54 PM
My sig okay?

RaZoR LeAf
17th April 2005, 6:48 PM
Water Starter - If you read the rules on the first page it tells you you can use img2000 tags to shrink it down to the right size.

Prometheus - Fine

umbreon 11 - How you fix your sig is up to you, just so long as it is fixed.

Lord of Slug - They count as 6 separate outside images, so you need to loose 3 of them.

Kenshin - One of your images seems to be not working properly, but your sig is fine.

Benson - You have too many images. I suggest you make your last 2 images into 1 single image.

Core123 - Fine

PLANES CURE TOWERS
17th April 2005, 6:58 PM
Changed my sig, Just checking its all good,

Thanks in advance

Ryusuke Hikari
18th April 2005, 3:01 AM
I added an animation over that picture that was kinda wonky. How many animations are we suppose to have anyways?!

Vidd
18th April 2005, 10:20 PM
Can I get mine checked please?

Sakura
18th April 2005, 11:23 PM
Is This banner Ok to put in my Signature?
http://img199.exs.cx/img199/2087/pokemonbanner7fn.png

DSmaster
19th April 2005, 5:40 AM
M-wa's sig is ready to be checked out.

Tohru Honda
19th April 2005, 8:31 PM
Is my signature okay? I think I might have put too many 'outside' pictures...

Dratini927
20th April 2005, 1:15 AM
-Dragon Master Mog- : Yours is alright now.

Kenshin: I'm not sure how Dan (RazorLeaf) has it for Animations, but I'm assuming that they're like pictures. The one you have at the top of your sig is 929 kb, which is pretty large.

Vidd: Yours is alright.

Sakura: No, it goes over the 468x100 limit, and doesn't add up to 568 total, it goes over. The one you have in your sig right now though is ok.

DSMaster: It looks like you have 3 banners in your sig, but if you count the ones on the top, and bottom as regular pictures, then it's ok. The whole sig is a little long though.

Tohru Honda: You only have one picture in your sig, and it's way too big. Shrink it down, or get another pic, and it'll be ok.

Rodrigo
20th April 2005, 1:42 AM
Is my sig. okay?

HakuBlue
20th April 2005, 2:32 AM
is my sig okay?

Ryusuke Hikari
20th April 2005, 2:40 AM
Kenshin: I'm not sure how Dan (RazorLeaf) has it for Animations, but I'm assuming that they're like pictures. The one you have at the top of your sig is 929 kb, which is pretty large.

*cries* Nooooo!!! Darn it! *throws a fit* *calms down*

I can't shirk it because I'm not the one who made it! :( I don't know what I'm suppose to do!

Rodrigo
20th April 2005, 2:59 AM
Yeah, um, I'm problay not the one to say this, but, um, Haku Blue, your images are not showing up, and its just the file names and stuff, and its going off the page.

DSmaster
20th April 2005, 3:56 AM
-
DSMaster: It looks like you have 3 banners in your sig, but if you count the ones on the top, and bottom as regular pictures, then it's ok. The whole sig is a little long though.

I don't get it, I'm only allowed to have 2 banners? I'll try to make it smaller.

HakuBlue
20th April 2005, 3:56 AM
Yeah, um, I'm problay not the one to say this, but, um, Haku Blue, your images are not showing up, and its just the file names and stuff, and its going off the page.
Sorry about that, this is the first sig I've done, and as you saw I messed up, well now its fixed. ^^;

Rodrigo
20th April 2005, 4:19 AM
Good job Haku Blue!:D:D:D Hope you make a better sig. in the future! J/K!

Dratini927
20th April 2005, 5:23 AM
Rodrigo: Fine

HakuBlue: Fine

DSMaster: I guess it was misunderstood, sorry. :P What I meant was that, only 1 banner is allowed in a signature. But, since the Pidgey and IP banners are relatively small, they can be counted as pictures. So your sig is fine then. :)

Rodrigo
20th April 2005, 4:27 PM
Is my Sig. okay now?

Flaming Lip
20th April 2005, 8:25 PM
No Rodrigo, get rid of one of the banners.

Caluchu
21st April 2005, 12:59 AM
Um, what about mines?I add a new pic, and I changed it.It is okay.....
even if you might not like the new pic I have?

Dratini927
21st April 2005, 1:19 AM
Rodrigo: Like Flaming Lip said, now you have 2 banners. Your sig was ok before, but now you have 2 banners, so one of them needs to go.

Rainbowtiger/Caluchu: Yours is fine. :)

Rodrigo
21st April 2005, 2:38 AM
One of my banners need to go?? Damnit.:( Oh well, I guess the Mozilla Firefox will have to go because the other banner is so much better:D! See ya!

UnBlOsUmEd_RoSe
21st April 2005, 2:57 AM
I like your!! Blaziken + Fav!!!! But mine is gay cuz my last two were to big!! GR....

Rodrigo
21st April 2005, 3:11 AM
No its not gay. Its just...um....a...bit.....okay fine, its gay. But its okay. PMme.

NightwolfAA2k5
21st April 2005, 7:29 AM
Would my sig be Ok? I just want someones opinion... I want to be 100% sure...

Core123
21st April 2005, 1:23 PM
DarkBlastoise I don't see why your sig wouldn't be allowed, it follows all the rules. I'm 100% sure that your sig is o.k. Unless the Mods just made up this crazy rules about sigs.

RaZoR LeAf
21st April 2005, 3:31 PM
UnBlOsUmEd_RoSe - Your image is far too big and a bitmap to boot. Please change it.

Rodrigo - Don't spam this thread up with off topic comments

Dark Blastoise - Fine

Torkoal Stu
21st April 2005, 3:34 PM
Is my sig ok? I really want to so I keep getting it checked.

Rodrigo
21st April 2005, 4:38 PM
Okay, sorry.

RaZoR LeAf
21st April 2005, 10:19 PM
Torkoal Stu - Fine

Rodrigo - WTF DID I JUST SAY!?!?

gypsy
21st April 2005, 10:33 PM
just checking...

Rodrigo
22nd April 2005, 3:39 AM
Is my sig. okay?

Dratini927
22nd April 2005, 2:06 PM
gypsy: Yours is fine. :)

Rodrigo: Stop changing your sig every 15 minutes, and making it wrong. Right now your sig is too long. Take some stuff out to make it smaller.

.MarioKart
22nd April 2005, 2:19 PM
Is my sig ok?

Shigaiko
22nd April 2005, 2:35 PM
FireVapor- From what I understand, your signature is fine.

IChooseRayquaza
22nd April 2005, 3:22 PM
I imagine mine is ok, but I figure I'd double check.

Vix
22nd April 2005, 9:41 PM
How does mine look??

RaZoR LeAf
22nd April 2005, 11:16 PM
IChooseRayquaza - The Butterfree image is too big. Use img200 tags to shrink it down.

Teppo - this isn't a rating thread, we're not here to comment on what people want to put in their sigs, only if they break the rules or not

IChooseRayquaza
22nd April 2005, 11:32 PM
Sorry 'bout that. Didn't realize it. Is this better?

Dratini927
22nd April 2005, 11:44 PM
Yep, now it's better. :)

Sky Squirtle
23rd April 2005, 1:08 AM
How is my sig? ;;prays;;

Dratini927
23rd April 2005, 2:13 AM
Sky Squirtle: It's ok. :) 2 pictures and 1 banner. It passes. ;)

FlygonXS
23rd April 2005, 8:06 PM
Is my sig. okay?

Inferno Zangoose
24th April 2005, 1:03 AM
Is mine alright?

Sweet May
24th April 2005, 2:06 AM
is mines ok or do i need 2 change it

Cubone
24th April 2005, 2:26 AM
how about mines, am i doing anything wrong?

glade
24th April 2005, 2:32 AM
Is mine okee-day?

TWISTED™
24th April 2005, 3:41 AM
How's mine?

lilbluecorsola
24th April 2005, 3:46 AM
Thought I should get my sig checked after adding the new banner...

Is my signature abiding by the law?

Dratini927
25th April 2005, 4:15 AM
FlygonXS The Ultimate Dragon Lord: It's good.

Minun Master: It's good.

Sweet_May: It's good.

TaPeStOcYaExeggcute: Way too many images. Remove 5 of the rainbow colored Pokemon, and it will be good.

glade: It's good.

TWISTED: One too many images. Take away one of the images and it'll be ok. And if you decide to keep the Sneasel image, use the img200 tags to shrink it a bit because that picture goes over the 200x200 image limit.

lilbluecorsola: It's good.

RaZoR LeAf
25th April 2005, 3:20 PM
TaPeStOcYaExeggcute - Since you've changed your sig you now have a massive image or jirachi in it, which is too big.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
25th April 2005, 3:48 PM
is mine ok and i don't have too many pictures do i

Joker Boi
25th April 2005, 4:21 PM
Is mine fine. (Hopfully yes)

Cubone
25th April 2005, 5:49 PM
how about know? is this ok?

Archangel
25th April 2005, 6:14 PM
How about mine?....(I hope it's good enough to pass)...

Crystal Walrein
25th April 2005, 9:19 PM
How we do it in America, and on the Forum Guild, we manually check the file size of each image. And I know for a fact that some work done in Macromedia Fireworks MX can be as much hell as bitmap images, and they're in .png format. Try a light-coloured 200 × 50 banner and the size is 58 kilobytes.

I suggest an actual file size restraint of around 50 kilobytes, inclusive of dimensions, of course.

At any rate, is mine okay?

Dratini927
25th April 2005, 11:24 PM
Mudkip girl: Yours is fine.

Joker Boi: It's good.

TaPeStOcYaExeggcute: Now it fits within the sig rules, and works.

Crystal Walrein: Yours is good.

.Bambi.
25th April 2005, 11:54 PM
Hey. Ummm...my sig has been tampered with and I dont understand why. I had a Combusken Animation in it, but it was removed because it was over '500 KB'. Thing is, I've had it for MONTHS on end, so why now? I didn't know that there was a KB limit and how the hell do I see how much KB it has? Here it is...

http://img92.exs.cx/img92/6677/comb6qc.gif

Ryusuke Hikari
26th April 2005, 12:45 AM
*sigh* Is my sig okay or do I have to take out some things...again. <_<

Dratini927
26th April 2005, 2:05 AM
Kawaiiest.Combusken: This started now, with this thread and the new sig rules. Someone may have taken it out because it was too large in KB size. To check KB size, right click on the picture and go to Properties. Then look for KB, and that's the size. (Btw, the one image in your sig is over 200x200 right now. Use the Img200 tags to shink it a bit. :))

Kenshin: You have a total of 3 "pictures". The animated ones count as pictures, so take out one animation, and it'll be fine.

squirtletheturtle
26th April 2005, 2:18 AM
mine ok???

ps do mods/admins have dif sig rules?????????
(drat has 4 pics is why i'm asking)

pps theres a free program called "ifan veiwer" that can be used to convert images(if you win 2000 or below because only xp paint can save as png) some thing to add to the firstt post

.Bambi.
26th April 2005, 3:05 AM
Kawaiiest.Combusken: This started now, with this thread and the new sig rules. Someone may have taken it out because it was too large in KB size. To check KB size, right click on the picture and go to Properties. Then look for KB, and that's the size. (Btw, the one image in your sig is over 200x200 right now. Use the Img200 tags to shink it a bit. :))
It says it's 650328 bytes. So in KB, it would be 650.328? If so, how can I reduce its KB size so that it was under 500?

Oh and Kenshin (Shinta) Himura, your animations really slow this page down...and I have a fast connection.

Dratini927
27th April 2005, 3:32 AM
squirtletheturtle: Your sig is ok. And about my sig, if you look in the first post, it says this: "...Images that you add from the Serebii.net archive, such as episode guide images, or sprites from the avatar list, will not be counted in this, as they come directly from the site server anyway." So the Dratini's are fine.

Kawaiiest.Combusken: I don't know how to really make the KB smaller. Probably the person who made the animation can lower it with a program or something/ I'm really not sure.

Caluchu
27th April 2005, 6:29 PM
Um, I changed mines a little.Is it okay now?

Caterpie
27th April 2005, 10:29 PM
Howz my sig, I made it myself. :)

squirtletheturtle
27th April 2005, 10:39 PM
squirtletheturtle: Your sig is ok. And about my sig, if you look in the first post, it says this: "...Images that you add from the Serebii.net archive, such as episode guide images, or sprites from the avatar list, will not be counted in this, as they come directly from the site server anyway." So the Dratini's are fine.

Kawaiiest.Combusken: I don't know how to really make the KB smaller. Probably the person who made the animation can lower it with a program or something/ I'm really not sure.
huh i looked at the urls and the left is on photo bucket and the right is on pokemon2000 O.O

Dr.Salvador
28th April 2005, 1:53 AM
Test my sig...I will add one more link later though...

Sabaku_no_Gaara
28th April 2005, 1:59 AM
How about mine?

Dratini927
28th April 2005, 3:09 AM
Rainbowtiger/Caluchu: It's within the sig rules, so it's good. :)

Caterpie: It's good.

squirtletheturtle: I changed the 1st Dratini to one of the serebii forums ones now, and that makes it good.

Dr. Salvador: This really isn't a place to test out sigs. If you want to see what your sig will look like before you finalize it, go into the Edit Signature area, and change what you want and then click "Preview Signature" and whatever is in that preview is what will show up under your posts.

Coriolis Effect: It's fine. You have 3 images which is the max you can have, so it's good.

squirtletheturtle
28th April 2005, 6:44 PM
Still kinda funny that you broke the rules though

Waterlight
28th April 2005, 10:28 PM
Is my signature okay? I'm not the most confident about my sig. ^^;;

Kal-El
28th April 2005, 10:31 PM
I don't see why it wouldn't. But that's not my decision.

Is mine okay? I have alot of text...

Dratini927
28th April 2005, 11:08 PM
squirtletheturtle: Yeah, that was my bad. :P I thought that one of them was the serebii forums link, but it wasn't. :P It is now though so it's good. :P

WaterLight: Yours is fine.

Batesy: Yours is fine, but you're right, it is a little long. Though it doesn't really break a rule, it still kinda gets bothersome when people have to scroll down farther to the next post. If you could change some of it so that it's shorter, that would be good, but if you don't, then that's ok too. It's just a suggestion for the better. :P

PLANES CURE TOWERS
28th April 2005, 11:48 PM
This is like the third time ive posted in this thread now... better safe than sorry though I guess. Is my new picture aligned with the rules?

Do your thing please. And thanks.

Dratini927
29th April 2005, 3:52 AM
-Dragon Master Mog-: It's good. ;)

denw0
29th April 2005, 4:32 AM
Hows mine? I just changed it BIG time. :P It revolves around FL so not many peeps may know about it. :P

Silent Shadow
29th April 2005, 1:27 PM
How's mine? It looks too big to me, but just making sure

VenomX`
29th April 2005, 4:27 PM
is mine ok?

RaZoR LeAf
29th April 2005, 4:39 PM
Zaphod - Fine

Elite Arbiter - Fine

ShinyX - One image doesn't show up, but the rest is fine.

VenomX`
29th April 2005, 5:00 PM
can you see the ani now and is it still fine with this animation in it?

Shigaiko
29th April 2005, 7:23 PM
ShinyX- Yours seems fine to me. ^^

Caterpie
29th April 2005, 8:25 PM
New sig, is the file size too big.

squirtletheturtle
29th April 2005, 9:14 PM
Mine ok Better safe then sorry

(i added 3 quotes)

Dratini927
29th April 2005, 11:07 PM
Caterpie: The Animation is 924 KB's which is almost 400 over the limit. :P So that has to be changed or it has to go. :P (Animations are very picky because they are one of the main things that are slow to load on slower connections.)

squirtletheturtle: Yours is fine.

King Shuckle
30th April 2005, 12:48 AM
Someone please check mine, but i'm warning you, noobs might get offended >.>

fhqwhgads
30th April 2005, 1:30 AM
Mine??? It probably is.