PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Journey Into the Frontier [Discussion Thread]

Billy Mays
14th January 2013, 2:52 AM
This thread has been approved by Kamotz.

This is a discussion thread for anything about plot elements, ideas, or other OoC stuff. It can also be used to ask any questions you have for me or other players related to this RP.

Bastion

Welcome to the land of Bastion! This is a world where only Pokemon live, as you might've guessed by this being a Mystery Dungeon RP. The world of Bastion isn't the same as the world you know, for a couple reasons. First, Bastion doesn't rotate on an axis like the earth does. There are no seasons; places the polar regions stay in a winter like state year around and get barely any sunlight, while areas around the equator get a ton of sunlight year around, causing them to either be overgrown humid forests or dry deserts where it is so hot that its nearly impossible to get around during the day time. Also, the atmosphere is thicker than earth, but at the same time the pull of gravity isn't as strong. This isn't noticeable at ground level, but at higher elevations you may begin to feel lighter. At over a mile high, you would feel as if you are on the moon, and there are entire floating islands in the sky, the largest having an entire city on it.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Ultradyne/BMPMDmap2_zps085f228c.png

Credit to Avenger Angel for the map of Bastion.

Other than several mystery dungeons, there are a couple more civilized towns in the land of Bastion.

Frontier: The town of Frontier is a small village on the northeastern side of the Eastern Continent, at the base of the mountain of the same name. The town of Frontier was started by group of explorers as a base of operations for their explorations on that part of the continent. Eventually, it became a town on its own, but even to this day Frontier is world renowned for its exploration teams, most notablely Team Frontier. The Guildmaster of Team Frontier, Lucca, is a Lucario who is a descendant of one of the original founders of Frontier.

Sky Citadel: The Sky Citadel is the oldest town in Bastion, and the largest as well. A city built on top of a large floating island over a mile in the sky, it is mostly populated by Flying type Pokemon. In fact, it is actually rare to find Flying Pokemon at any other town. Pokemon from Sky Citadel tend to be intelligent but arrogant, and generally think of themselves as higher than Pokemon from other places.

Sacatch: Sacatch is a decently sized town, and is also the only civilized settlement on the Western Continent. It is fairly old, being almost as old as Sky Citadel, but it hasn't grown nearly as much as Sky Citadel has over the years. The most noteworthy thing about the town is that it is where the Kecleon Market chain originates from, a chain so popular that even Sky Citadel has one (which is fairly hard since the Pokemon of Sky Citadel tend to discriminate against anyone or anything not from the city).

Intago: Intago is a small village in the middle of the Sunblaze Desert. It exists mainly as a reststop for anyone passing through. Most Pokemon who live here are Ground types or Rock types who find the dry and hot conditions of the desert tolerable.

The Ancient War and Modern Times

Many centuries ago, a huge war happened between two factions of Pokemon. Not many alive today even know such a war ever even happened, and the only signs of it happening are the abandoned fortresses of the two factions: the Stratos Temple, a giant temple on an island floating over a mountain range, and the Ancient Keep, a dark fortress at the southeastern part of the Eastern Continent, near the polar region.

But things have started to change in the land of Bastion. Pokemon have began to act strange, and attack other Pokemon. Most Pokemon who live outside the more civilized establishments have changed and become wild. Because of this, the exploration teams who used to explore the land of Bastion and discover all of it's secrets are now often working as rescue teams as well, helping innocent Pokemon who are in danger and need of help. One such team is Team Frontier, a world renowned exploration guild who's founding members founded the very town it is established in.

The Mystic Stones

Legend has it that the power of all the Pokemon come from 17 stones that each hold the essence of one of the types. No one knows where they are, but it is told that only Pokemon who are destined who unlock their power can find them. Regardless, exploration teams have been trying to find the stones for a long time, but to no avail. Most Pokemon brush them off as simply a fairy tail, but if one was to find the stones, it is said that that Pokemon could accomplish anything.

An Unexpected Journey

Off the coast of Canalave City, the boat S.S. Christine vanished. The boat only had a couple passengers on it, but nevertheless the people of Sinnoh were concerned. The next day a helicopter found and picked up the captain of S.S. Christine and it's small crew, who were floating on a life raft in the ocean. The captain explained that on their voyage to Castelia City in Unova the boat ran into a storm. For reasons he couldn't explain, the boat began to sink. The crew immediately saw to it that the passengers got onto to a life boat, then evacuated themselves afterwards. As their boat drifted away and the S.S. Christine sank, the crew watched in horror as the life boat carrying the passengers was drawn into a whirlpool that sucked the boat in.

The passengers weren't dead however. Somewhere far away, the passengers woke up in a forest. They could not remember their past, but they could remember that they were human, and that they were on a boat that sank the night before. Their memory conflicted with what they woke up to however, as the weren't near any body of water, and they certainly didn't appear to be human...

Rules

1. Serebii rules apply here, obviously.
2. No Godmodding, please. Your character isn't Arceus, after all.
3. No bunnying other player characters. NPCs can be controled sometimes, but be sure to notify me before hand since I'll be controlling them.
4. You WILL be a basic evolution Pokemon, so don't expect to get Haxorus or something. You will be able to evolve later on. And yes, it is possible that you can be a Pokemon who only has one stage, such as Absol or Druddigon
5. our character will start with 4 moves but learn more later on. You are not restricted to 4 moves, so once you get more you can use any of them.
6. Posts should state where your character's name and where they are. It should look something like this:
Billy Mays
Nowheresville
7. Enjoy the RP!

Accepted Characters

Toby Kasey-Dawson (SpyroxPikachu) - Ralts
Cindy K. Black (VampirateMace) - Chickorita
Aaron Miles (Elysian) - Sandshrew
Mawill Stonemason (biggggg5) - Scyther
Alex Morgan (gmoyes) - Magnemite
Mason Inka (AperatureScience) - Duskull
Ashton Stone (Cometstarlight) - Eevee
Jacques de Caix d'Hervelois (goldensteambun) - Cranidos
Lucas Serenes (Andydemon) - Oshawott
Irelan Bracken (Cipher) - Zubat
Harry Jones (deltakurumiru4) - Mienfoo
Emily Green (Keldminrachi91) - Joltik

Delta Hunter
14th January 2013, 4:18 PM
I'm a bit curious about one thing. If there are going to be missons, will the group be spilt up into different teams, or go as one team? And if it's a messing of different teams, will we be able to choose or will you randomize us?

Schade
15th January 2013, 2:02 PM
And I wonder how evolution will play a part in this? will it be aveilable some time when the main story ends after an eventual final boss?

gmoyes
15th January 2013, 9:20 PM
What types of thing will we be able to find on the ship? Anything important or just some random items? There's bound to be some stuff in there we can use, but will there be anything of our own belonging that might spark some memories? I don't really want to go on without knowing what we might find.

Billy Mays
15th January 2013, 11:03 PM
@deltakurumiru4 - You'll probably split up for normal missions, but for important plot related missions you'll go as one group.

@Elysian - Evolution will be a factor in the story. You will almost definately get a chance to evolve. How exactly, will be revealed in time.

@gmoyes - Well you'd probably find the soaked remmnants of whatever was left on the ship, such as any of the character's or crew's personnal belongings that were left behind. Something else will be in there too (Yes, I am being vague on purpose).

Sorry for not posting yesterday by the way, I was doing other things and by the time I got to working on a post I realized it had gotten way too late.

Andydemon
15th January 2013, 11:44 PM
When the time comes that we do start evolving do we eventually have to become our third stage if we have one or can we stay in our second form?

Billy Mays
16th January 2013, 1:19 AM
When the time comes that we do start evolving do we eventually have to become our third stage if we have one or can we stay in our second form?

Well obviously you choose whether you'd want to evolve or not. It's not like I'm going to force it on you.

gmoyes
16th January 2013, 1:35 AM
Hey guys, if you want my character to find something that belonged to your character in the passenger cabins, could to tell me what, provided that it clears with Billy Mays of course.

Edit: In fact, it might be easier for Billy Mays to say what is allowed to be found and what's not.

goldensteambun
16th January 2013, 1:40 AM
Hey guys, if you want my character to find something that belonged to your character in the passenger cabins, could to tell me what, provided that it clears with Billy Mays of course.

If it is possible, can you look for Jacques's handkerchief ? it looks something like in this drawing (http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k623/acornjelly/cra_zps009b9465.png) u v u

Also if you guys want your character to be drawn like that just PM/VM me okay ^^

Billy Mays
16th January 2013, 1:45 AM
If it is possible, can you look for Jacques's handkerchief ? it looks something like in this drawing (http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k623/acornjelly/cra_zps009b9465.png) u v u

You drew that? If so, that's actually really cool.

But yeah, stuff like clothing or other personal belongings. Just think of what your character would bring with you on a trip. But remember that everything would've gotten wet when the ship sank, so everything would've experience water damage, so stuff like photographs would probably be damaged or ruined. If you find anything I have a problem with, I'll inform you, don't worry.

goldensteambun
16th January 2013, 1:48 AM
You drew that? If so, that's actually really cool.

But yeah, stuff like clothing or other personal belongings. Just think of what your character would bring with you on a trip. But remember that everything would've gotten wet when the ship sank, so everything would've experience water damage, so stuff like photographs would probably be damaged or ruined. If you find anything I have a problem with, I'll inform you, don't worry.

Oh yes, I can draw simple pokemon stuff like that, so if you guys want just gimme a shout u v u

And I assumed Jacques's handkerchief is okay to bring ~?

Delta Hunter
16th January 2013, 1:54 AM
I would think it would be okay to find Harry's black gi. Something to remind him of his dojo.

Billy Mays
16th January 2013, 1:56 AM
That's just silly to ask. Obviously clothing is completely fine.

gmoyes
16th January 2013, 2:40 AM
Announcer: And watch as the nerd hastily goes off on his own and is about to be jumped on by a bunch of zombies.

LOL. I guessing that a busted and waterlogged laptop, some old training supplies (a couple of potions, antidotes and the like) and a gym badge would be ok for my character to find that belong to him?

Billy Mays
16th January 2013, 2:43 AM
I guess so. And minor healing items are ok to find to find as early game items, but nothing major like Revives or Full Restores or something.

Schade
16th January 2013, 6:55 AM

Edit: In fact, it might be easier for Billy Mays to say what is allowed to be found and what's not.

If you could be so kind and find Aarons bracelet? just imagine an old bracelet that looks very important. (lol, sorry for bad description)

biggggg5
16th January 2013, 9:50 PM

Could he find Mawill's extra pair of glasses and blue ribbon?

Andydemon
16th January 2013, 10:38 PM
If I were to have Lucas find something, to what extent can I have it allude to Riolu without outright saying it was his best friend? I was thinking just having Riolu's name written or engraved on something with no context added to it at best.

Billy Mays
17th January 2013, 5:29 AM
If I were to have Lucas find something, to what extent can I have it allude to Riolu without outright saying it was his best friend? I was thinking just having Riolu's name written or engraved on something with no context added to it at best.

That's fine.

I am unable to update today, even though I wish I could. Very sorry about this; I'll try to do it tomorrow, but if I can't I will on Friday.

Schade
17th January 2013, 6:51 AM
Tomorrow is Friday. lol
Anyway, don't worry about it. Ss. Christine seems to be a popular exploring site

Billy Mays
18th January 2013, 5:35 AM
Well ok. But still, not being able to do anything until tomorrow makes me feel bad (I'm on my Wii right now; doing a post of any sizeable length is a nightmare on this browser).

I'm beginning to feel like I could use a Co-GM to help run this in case there times like now where I can't do anything.

Andydemon
18th January 2013, 6:23 AM
I wouldn't worry too much, it seems all but a few of us are going pretty slow. There are those that have only posted at least once or twice (or in Spyro's case hasn't posted at all.) Though I'm not gonna say they outright abandoned the RP, I feel it's too soon to make that judgement.

My point is I don't feel anything requires your immediate update right now, but if you're gonna post tomorrow anyway it won't matter.

gmoyes
18th January 2013, 11:58 AM
I'm beginning to feel like I could use a Co-GM to help run this in case there times like now where I can't do anything.

If you're looking for a co-GM, I think I'd like to give it a shot. I'm probably one of the more experianced rpers here but I haven't been a GM before.

Billy Mays
18th January 2013, 11:09 PM
If you're looking for a co-GM, I think I'd like to give it a shot. I'm probably one of the more experianced rpers here but I haven't been a GM before.

No doubt you could do the job, but if I were to get a Co-GM I wouldn't want them to be one of your guys. Its more fun if none of you know what to expect.

Schade
18th January 2013, 11:34 PM
^ And we are kinda running out of stuff to do at Ss. Christine

Billy Mays
18th January 2013, 11:43 PM
^ And we are kinda running out of stuff to do at Ss. Christine

Haha, don't worry. I'm here now, so now I can spice things up. :p

Andydemon
18th January 2013, 11:43 PM
Are Cindy and Lucas the only ones in the ship right now currently?

Billy Mays
18th January 2013, 11:49 PM
From what I can tell, Jaques, Alex, and Aaron are in the ship too.

gmoyes
19th January 2013, 3:45 AM
I exited to help out the freaking out Zubat. Though I could come back if really needed. I am a little annoyed by the differing rates of update speed and quality and lack of noticing things like where people currently are. Well, nothing I can do about it. Also, I don't really mind spoilers and I can keep my mouth shut about it. Another person to give group updates would be great, it's a little lacking because everyone is making it up as they go.

Billy Mays
19th January 2013, 3:51 AM
I exited to help out the freaking out Zubat. Though I could come back if really needed. I am a little annoyed by the differing rates of update speed and quality and lack of noticing things like where people currently are. Well, nothing I can do about it. Also, I don't really mind spoilers and I can keep my mouth shut about it. Another person to give group updates would be great, it's a little lacking because everyone is making it up as they go.

It would've been easier to notice that if I hadn't been unable to update for so long.

I'll see what I can do about a Co-GM. I don't want what happened to repeat.

Andydemon
21st January 2013, 8:30 PM
Okay I just have to ask, did almost everyone just up and abandon the RP without a word? Cause it's really looking like that.

Schade
21st January 2013, 8:33 PM
^ Yeah, it's kinda annoying. Stop having social lives, everyone. lol

Billy Mays
21st January 2013, 8:35 PM
Okay I just have to ask, did almost everyone just up and abandon the RP without a word? Cause it's really looking like that.

I was just about to update after doing a post for another RP, so don't worry about me. As for other people, I don't know. I think it's time to speed things up.

gmoyes
21st January 2013, 9:27 PM
Yeah, I kinda left myself off on a limb when I abandoned the more active rpers to help out one of the slower rpers. -_-' Oh well, hopefully this will move soon.

Andydemon
22nd January 2013, 1:11 AM
Yeah, I kinda left myself off on a limb when I abandoned the more active rpers to help out one of the slower rpers. -_-' Oh well, hopefully this will move soon.

If you want to be more active then just do what I would do.

If you feel your character has better things to do than wait for a response that will never come, then just leave that person and move on.

And if the RPer calls you out for leaving on them then just tell them it's their fault, you shouldn't have to wait on them forever.

Schade
22nd January 2013, 5:57 PM
Good idea. That's why my character is now alone on the ship, lol

Andydemon
25th January 2013, 7:10 AM
Gmoyes, I don't know about the others that have been inactive, but if you are still with us please say so.

and Billy, since we got Elysian's character on the move again I think it's time to move forward and possibly show us what those eyes in the darkness really are.

Billy Mays
25th January 2013, 12:34 PM
I plan on it. I can do it later today, since I can't really do it right now.

Schade
25th January 2013, 4:05 PM
Yeah, those eyes are annoying. my character is once again running towards them, this time after realizing he can use moves, so please let me hit something. lol

Andydemon
31st January 2013, 9:29 AM
It's looking like we're all ready to move forward whenever you're are Billy.

Billy Mays
31st January 2013, 11:52 PM
I know, I just don't have much time, if at all, to do it during the week. Fortunately, I have time today. Time for the eyes to finally be revealed...

Andydemon
3rd February 2013, 2:45 AM
What happened to revealing those eyes? I know I'm starting to sound annoying at this point but we literally have nothing to move forward with.

Tyoyo3131
3rd February 2013, 3:47 AM
What happened to revealing those eyes? I know I'm starting to sound annoying at this point but we literally have nothing to move forward with.

For the impatient ones: I believe it is an evolution of one of our... smaller teammates.

Although the stalk-eyes kinda throw me off, but I still think it's the above.

Billy Mays
3rd February 2013, 4:49 AM

I know, I know. Its partially me being busy and partially me being lazy. But no matter what, it will be done...!

...Tomorrow. Sorry. >.<

Andydemon
3rd February 2013, 4:56 AM
Sorry for being so impatient, it's just I've had experiences in the past where GM inactivity can be an RP killer.

Keldminrachi91
5th February 2013, 3:06 AM
For the impatient ones: I believe it is an evolution of one of our... smaller teammates.

Although the stalk-eyes kinda throw me off, but I still think it's the above.

Just discovered this thread >_<. But if by "smaller teammate", you mean me (Emily the Joltik), then I guess I agree with you. (Insert un-allowed smiley here)

Andydemon
6th February 2013, 1:51 AM
Haha, when you two put it that way I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Garvantula. But I would think it's a bunch of Ghost Types considering it is a wrecked ship. I know it's a stereotype, but oh well I'm unoriginal.

Keldminrachi91
6th February 2013, 5:52 AM
Ooh, maybe it's a Galvantula ghost! That would be pretty cool, and creative on Billy Mays' part. (Smiley here) I wish we could use smilies here.

gmoyes
7th February 2013, 1:50 AM
The RP has completely stalled. :\ I would try to take over control, but I have no clue what Billy's got planned. I'm still around, hoping that this gets moving again.

Keldminrachi91
7th February 2013, 2:33 AM
Who exactly is still in this? There's me, gmoyes, cometstarlight, VampirateMace, and Aaron the Sandshrew's creator (can't remember the member XD) But I agree with gmoyes; we have a stalled RP here, and the only person who can really un-stall it. Come back, Billy Mays, and free the RP from its death of...well, becoming "dead", as RPers say. You know what I mean, right?

Andydemon
7th February 2013, 3:06 AM
You're talking about Elysian.

I'm still here, I never leave an RP for dead and I promised Billy I would stay dedicated no matter what.

Keldminrachi91
7th February 2013, 3:09 AM
Oops, sorry I forgot you Andydemon. For some reason I thought you were Aaron, and completely forgot about Lucas the Oshawott. I'm really sorry and didn't mean to offend you if I did.

Andydemon
7th February 2013, 3:51 AM
lol, it's fine, I wouldn't be offended by that. To be fair Lucas has been pretty much on the sidelines so far.

Billy Mays
8th February 2013, 12:32 AM
I don't know what the hell I've been doing...I mean, I WANT to continue on, but I have trouble posting for some reason. It doesn't help that I have little time during the week either. Honestly I don't know what to do.

Keldminrachi91
8th February 2013, 12:53 AM
Well, I really don't want this RP to die, so if you don't have time to post you could give the RP plan stuff (you know, the things you can't tell us) to someone and let them take over the RP and keep it running when you don't have time.

Andydemon
9th February 2013, 8:08 PM
Gmoyes said he'd be willing to do that, and if he's as experienced as he says he is I won't complain

gmoyes
9th February 2013, 9:33 PM
I'll definitely try, I can't promise much. Here's one of my examples of my favourite pieces of RPing I did. Phantom Isle (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?556186-Phantom-Isle-The-Haunted-Theme-Park&p=14526534#post14526534). Fizzy Bubbles is the longest running pokemon RP on the internet and I've been part of it for a little over a year. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm up to trying. You can trust me not to give myself OP stuff. And I can expand on the world on my own, though I hope I don't clash with what Billy has made.

Cometstarlight
10th February 2013, 1:05 AM
I just want the eyes revealed so we can move on -.- lol

Keldminrachi91
10th February 2013, 9:32 AM
Completely with you, Comet!
Must. Resist. Urge. To. Do. This. : )
Oops, I did it.

Andydemon
10th February 2013, 10:14 AM
I just want the eyes revealed so we can move on -.- lol

We all do Comet....we all do...

gmoyes
11th February 2013, 12:40 AM
Billy just PMed me the details. I'll try to get a post up tomorrow. He said that I can run things now, but seeing as this is still his RP I'll still be taking ideas from him. And I guess I could take ideas from the rest of you guys as well.

Andydemon
11th February 2013, 1:08 AM
I guess all we can do is wish you best of luck in this and hope we can stick as closely to the intended plot as possible.

Cometstarlight
11th February 2013, 5:08 AM
Billy just PMed me the details. I'll try to get a post up tomorrow. He said that I can run things now, but seeing as this is still his RP I'll still be taking ideas from him. And I guess I could take ideas from the rest of you guys as well.

That's good : ) Thanks for for doing that for us

Schade
11th February 2013, 6:41 AM
just reveal those frikkin' eyes, and I'll be happy

Tyoyo3131
12th February 2013, 1:36 AM
I'm also still alive. Mason was forgotten. ;~; But that's fine, he likes it better that way

gmoyes
12th February 2013, 2:06 AM
Hey, here's a question for everyone. How do you guys want to handle level up moves? Because right now I'm kinda stuck with Tackle and Supersonic. What do you guys think of potentally pulling off a higher level move, but it has a chance of failing? Other suggestions are welcome.

Andydemon
12th February 2013, 2:24 AM
Hey, here's a question for everyone. How do you guys want to handle level up moves? Because right now I'm kinda stuck with Tackle and Supersonic. What do you guys think of potentally pulling off a higher level move, but it has a chance of failing? Other suggestions are welcome.

Good question, I wasn't sure how that was gonna be handled. I figured Billy would have it figured out. Maybe just have our characters learn the new move when we feel it's appropriate (As in a reasonable amount of time in between each new move)?

Keldminrachi91
12th February 2013, 2:58 AM
I think gmoyes could do something like after a reasonable amount of time, give everyone a move choice based on how many levels they would have gained, then let them pick a move out of those to use. And how many moves are we allowed to have, exactly?

Cometstarlight
12th February 2013, 3:05 AM
I think gmoyes could do something like after a reasonable amount of time, give everyone a move choice based on how many levels they would have gained, then let them pick a move out of those to use. And how many moves are we allowed to have, exactly?

From the signup earlier, I think we can have as many moves as we can learn, but are limited to only starting out with four moves/moves learned at level 5.

Schade
12th February 2013, 6:54 AM
Yay! The RP is up moving again. I'll post more when I get time for it. sorry guys, it is a bit of a hectic week for me.
But hey, treat me like a third wheel that sometimes throws Night Slashes. for the time being. lol