PDA

View Full Version : My TCGO Decks

PKMN Trainer Rex
23rd January 2013, 9:23 AM
I have 3 main decks that I use on TCGO and I'm going to post all 3 on here in spoilers so I don't spam the boards. Words in parenthesis's are the cards' ability, attack or set where they came from.

Barrel Full of Monkies (Simisage/sear/pour deck Modified)

Pokemon: 15
3-2 Pansage/Simisage (All the Simi's are from Next Destinies with Collect)
3-2 Panpour/Simipour
3-2 Pansear/Simisear

Trainers: 33
1 Computer Search Ace Spec
4 Level Ball
3 Catcher
2 Potion
3 Super Rod
3 Switch
2 Cheren
2 Cilan
3 N
2 Juniper
2 Skyla
3 Pokemon Center
3 Giant Capes

Energies: 12
4 Grass Energy
4 Water Energy
4 Fire Energy

Onwards to Victini! (Victini/Druddigon, Modified)

Pokemon:15
1 Victini (Victory Star ability)
3 Emolga (Call for Family)
2 Dunsparce (Double Draw)
4 Druddigon (Dragons Vault)
3-2 Swablu/Altaria (Fight Song)

Trainers: 32
1 Computer Search Ace Spec
2 Energy Searchs
4 Level Balls
3 Catchers
1 Pokemon Communication
2 Super Rods
2 Switches
3 Cherens
2 Ns
2 Junipers
3 Skyla
3 Skyarrow Bridges
3 Eviolites
2 Rescue Scarves

Energy: 13
5 Fire Energy
6 Water energy
3 Prism

And my newest deck Fun with Delcatty (Delcatty/Rayquaza, Modified)

Pokemon: 17
4 Rayquaza (Dragons Vault)
3-2 Swablu/Altaria (Fight Song)
2 Emolga (Call for Family)
3-3 Skitty/Delcatty (Boundaries Crossed)

Trainers: 31
1 Computer Search (Ace Spec)
4 Energy searches
2 Heavy Balls
3 Level Balls
3 Catchers
3 Super Rods
3 Switches
3 Cherens
2 Ns
2 Junipers
2 Skylas
3 Eviolites

Energies: 12
6 Fire
6 Electric

I tuned these decks to the best of my abilities. If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to bounce them my way.

ven?
23rd January 2013, 4:38 PM
Not exactly the most greatest decks out there, but quite interesting rogue deck ideas.

PKMN Trainer Rex
23rd January 2013, 10:50 PM
I got tired of playing the same tier 1 decks/making Ex dependent decks, and just made some of the most random things I could. They're all fun to play with, especially the monkey deck. It actually inspired a guy to make their own haha.

Swagsire
24th January 2013, 4:22 AM
Kinda interesting, but it would be cool if you posted how they all fit together and work. Cause some of them I haven't a frosty clue Qwaa ;195;

ven?
24th January 2013, 6:21 AM
They don't need to be EX dependent, the T/S/S line just isn't that solid no matter how many times I look at it, I agree I need a strategy, even still it's not a solid list.

PKMN Trainer Rex
24th January 2013, 9:38 AM
Kinda interesting, but it would be cool if you posted how they all fit together and work. Cause some of them I haven't a frosty clue Qwaa ;195;

That would help wouldn't it? Sorry. :P Off to the spoilers!

Barrel full of monkeys

Ok, so the monkeys from Next Destinies have have collect (that take 1 energy of their respective type and draws 3) and Stadium "___" attack which takes one energy of their type and on colorless that does 30 damage initially. But if there is a stadium in play, it does 30 more damage and has a secondary effect. Simipours' Stadium Wave makes the defending poke fall asleep; Simisears' stadium burn, burns the defending poke; and Simisages' Stadium Drain heals 30 hp from Simisage. So it's sets up pretty quickly, with their low attack cost. And if one is taken out another can take it's place right away.

Onwards to Victini

It's centered around Druddigon's Dragon Tail attack, deals 80x each heads (flip 2). Victini is it's main supporter, if I pull 2 tails I can reflip for at least a 1-1. Emolga's CFF can summon Swablus, Victini and extra Druddigon to the bench and it has free-treat if i need something to switch in and out without hassle. Fight song Altaria is of course for the extra 20 damage to OHKO or 2HKO almost anything. And Dunsparce is a new edition for its free-treat and double draw, if/when I need it.

Fun with Delcatty

Rayqauza from Dragon's Vault has Shred that isn't affected by poke-powers or affects (like eviolite or bouffer) and needs 1 electric, 1 fire and 1 colorless to use. I use Delcatty's energy gather attack to set it up asap. The 30 damage it deals is a bonus. And even though Shred already does 90, I have Altaria, just to be a d*ck. :P and again Emolga for CFF.

They don't need to be EX dependent, the T/S/S line just isn't that solid no matter how many times I look at it, I agree I need a strategy, even still it's not a solid list.

Which is true, you don't need EXs, although they are nice safety blankets to have around. I don't like using EXs in general, don't ask me why. For whatever reason, I choose not to use them.

I agree, its not the best T/S/S line up, but I still make it work. If you have any suggestions, like I said I'm open for any and everyone that comes my way.

ven?
25th January 2013, 3:36 AM
what deck to you want to elaborate upon or make better in you're personal opinion, what do you have more fun playing, giving structure ideas on 3 decks at the same time is taxing.

I understand all to well why alot of people don't like EXs.

PKMN Trainer Rex
25th January 2013, 6:46 AM
Take your pick my friend. You can shoot ideas for one deck today, then expound on the other two at a later time. Personally, I like the monkeys because it got the most response out of it. A few players who have been on TCGO for a bit are like "lol, wtf a monkey (in a good way)." And a good amount of rookies were stunned at the set up speed of it.

So you kinda get where I'm coming from then. EX's have their pros and cons, and its up to an individual to use them or not.