PDA

View Full Version : The Dragon Quest Club II

Jazz™
14th February 2013, 5:49 PM
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh563/MagicMochi/dragonavatarbanner_zps1e80b4bf.png
Credit to Mochi10
Welcome to Dragon Quest Club II. You may remember the original club was run by TheBluePorygon, but it has not been posted in since early 2012, so he gave me the permission to remake it gloriously.
Here you can discuss all games in the Dragon Quest series, be it Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, Dragon Quest 8 or even Rocket Slime!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/josegallardo1/Dragon%20Quest%20IX%20Sprites/Metal-Slime.gifRuleshttp://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/josegallardo1/Dragon%20Quest%20IX%20Sprites/Metal-Slime.gif
1. Post, at least once a month
2. Do not post anything inappropriate. (Spamming/Flaming)
3. No one line posts. They count as spam.
4. Use the Forms when joining
5. All other SPPf rules apply
6. If you are not a member, do not post.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/josegallardo1/Dragon%20Quest%20IX%20Sprites/Metal-Slime.gifJoininghttp://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/josegallardo1/Dragon%20Quest%20IX%20Sprites/Metal-Slime.gif
Serebii Name:
What DQ games do you have:
What’s your favourite DQ game:
What’s your favourite DQ monster:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/josegallardo1/Dragon%20Quest%20IX%20Sprites/Metal-Slime.gifMembershttp://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/josegallardo1/Dragon%20Quest%20IX%20Sprites/Metal-Slime.gif
Leader:
Serebii Name: Jazz Hands
What DQ games do you have: DQ6, DQ8, DQ9
What’s your favourite DQ game: DQ8
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Goresby-Purrvis

Moderators:
None :'(

Regular People:
Serebii Name: #1treeckofan
What DQ games do you have: 9, 4, 5, 6, Joker, and Joker 2 ^^
What’s your favourite DQ game: 6
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Hm... Tough one... Probably Godsteed :3

Serebii Name: Cyber Blaziken, call me Kai.
What DQ games do you have: 4,5,6,8 and 9
What’s your favourite DQ game: It's a tie between 5 and 9.. I'd say 9.
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Um.. I can't say really, Greygnarl

Serebii Name: Chingchar (you can call me ching)
What DQ games do you have: DQ4, DQ5, DQ6, DQ8, DQ9, DQ Swords, DQM, DQM2, DQM2 Pro, Terry No wonderland 3D, Rocket Slime, Rocket Slime the great pirate ship adventure (think that's what it's called :S)
What’s your favourite DQ game: Terry No Wonderland 3D
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Nimzo/Psaro/Nemeslime/Dragonlord (can't decide! :S)

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/josegallardo1/Dragon%20Quest%20IX%20Sprites/Metal-Slime.gifDiscussionhttp://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/josegallardo1/Dragon%20Quest%20IX%20Sprites/Metal-Slime.gif
Do you use cheating devices e.g. Hoimi Table in DQ9?

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/josegallardo1/Dragon%20Quest%20IX%20Sprites/Metal-Slime.gifSupport Userbars + Buttons GIVE CREDIT!!!!http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1/josegallardo1/Dragon%20Quest%20IX%20Sprites/Metal-Slime.gif

PopPrincessLyra
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o621/PopPrincess_Lyra/jazzhands2_zps5a31d08c.gif

Feel free to ask questions about boss help, items, or just where to go next!

Jazz™
18th February 2013, 8:34 AM
Ok, the club is open! I'll start off with an example of how to join properly!

Serebii Name: Jazz Hands
What DQ games do you have: DQ6, DQ8, DQ9
What’s your favourite DQ game: DQ8
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Goresby-Purrvis
I got out Dragon Quest 8 for the first time in about 3 months last night, and now I'm grinding outside Pickham before I meet Red.

#1treeckofan
18th February 2013, 8:38 AM

Jazz™
18th February 2013, 8:43 AM
Welcome!
As the topic is: Do you have DQJM2? Do you like it?
I have to say no. I do not have it. Would anyone recommend it?

#1treeckofan
18th February 2013, 9:23 AM
I do recommend it.

It was good, good story line, etc. Worth the money :3

Jazz™
18th February 2013, 9:47 AM
I do recommend it.

It was good, good story line, etc. Worth the money :3
Sounds good! You can put the button in your sig if you want, just give credit!

Jazz™
9th March 2013, 8:48 AM
Ok, I am bumping this, because I want more members!
We got some new support art, courtesy of PopPrincessLyra: http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o621/PopPrincess_Lyra/jazzhands2_zps5a31d08c.gif
(http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?598558-The-Dragon-Quest-Club-II)
Also, i am thinking of starting a battle section for people who have DQMJ1/2, but I know nothing about those games, so whoever takes control of battle will become a mod, as my way of thanks.

We also got a main banner, credit to Moichi10!

CyberBlaziken
10th March 2013, 12:26 PM

Jazz™
10th March 2013, 6:56 PM
Omg...
WE GOT A MEMBER!
Welcome!

CyberBlaziken
11th March 2013, 7:57 AM
I didn't even know the last CLub got shut down ._.

I haven't really played the spin-offs. How are they?

Jazz™
11th March 2013, 5:40 PM
I didn't even know the last CLub got shut down ._.

I haven't really played the spin-offs. How are they?
I would have no idea, considering the fact I've never played them either
Feel free to promote the club with the userbar!

Chingchar
11th March 2013, 6:32 PM
What DQ games do you have: DQ4, DQ5, DQ6, DQ8, DQ9, DQ Swords, DQM, DQM2, DQM2 Pro, Terry No wonderland 3D, Rocket Slime, Rocket Slime the great pirate ship adventure (think that's what it's called :S)
What’s your favourite DQ monster: Nimzo/Psaro/Nemeslime/Dragonlord (can't decide! :S)

Jazz™
11th March 2013, 6:47 PM
Wow, that's a lot of games! Welcome Ching!
Also guys, Thursday marks the one month anniversary of this club, and I will choose a mod to help me out with things!

Chingchar
11th March 2013, 6:57 PM
Thank you for accepting me! After hearing that you are playing DQ8 I want to dust off my game and pick it up from where I left off (already completed it once but started a new game) but I'm playing Terry's no wonderland 3D... I might give it a bit of break though as Im playing it in Japanese so I get stuck kind off easily >.>

Jazz™
11th March 2013, 7:05 PM
Thank you for accepting me! After hearing that you are playing DQ8 I want to dust off my game and pick it up from where I left off (already completed it once but started a new game) but I'm playing Terry's no wonderland 3D... I might give it a bit of break though as Im playing it in Japanese so I get stuck kind off easily >.>
DQ8 is pretty amazing, but I just can't get into it! Grinding is pretty damn boring. And Terry's no Wonderland... what's that?

CyberBlaziken
12th March 2013, 5:01 PM
Will the tenth game be localized? Anyone heard about it?
I really wanna play this one.

Jazz™
12th March 2013, 6:55 PM
Will the tenth game be localized? Anyone heard about it?
I really wanna play this one.
I'm pretty sure it is getting localized, but if I do get it (which I'm debating over) I would play it single player, because that's just how I envision RPG's to be! Single player, with your own levels and items.I mean, I'm all for maybe online battles of teams against each other, but not working together. Other than that it looks pretty good, a bit like a combination of DQ8 and 9.

New topic :o
I do =P

CyberBlaziken
13th March 2013, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty sure it is getting localized, but if I do get it (which I'm debating over) I would play it single player, because that's just how I envision RPG's to be! Single player, with your own levels and items.I mean, I'm all for maybe online battles of teams against each other, but not working together. Other than that it looks pretty good, a bit like a combination of DQ8 and 9.

I do =P

Yeah, I'll start of with the single player mode, but being in a clan would be pretty cool.
Like, we can form a team right here ^.^

There's a cheating device? :|

Chingchar
13th March 2013, 3:23 PM

I do =P

I think we will find out if it gets localized in October for the UK not sure about the US though... Only problem is if does come out in October that's when X and Y come out DX

Onto topic... No I do not use a cheating device and I never will I prefer to get stuff through hardwork rather than cheating.

Jazz™
13th March 2013, 6:49 PM
Yeah, I'll start of with the single player mode, but being in a clan would be pretty cool.
Like, we can form a team right here ^.^

There's a cheating device? :|
Now that would be epic. 'Jazz, Kai and Ching traveled to the next region only to find that Rhapthorne had been raised again by Corvus?!
I mean abusing the game, like RNGing in pokes.

I think we will find out if it gets localized in October for the UK not sure about the US though... Only problem is if does come out in October that's when X and Y come out DX

Onto topic... No I do not use a cheating device and I never will I prefer to get stuff through hardwork rather than cheating.
X+Y... Or DQ10? Big choice. I'd want X+Y on launch day though, and just get DQ10 for christmas, but it's a tough choice!

CyberBlaziken
13th March 2013, 8:14 PM
Haha, yeah. That'd be awesome.

I never knew about the table.

I'm getting both, actually.

Chingchar
14th March 2013, 4:29 PM
Now that would be epic. 'Jazz, Kai and Ching traveled to the next region only to find that Rhapthorne had been raised again by Corvus?!

That'd be really cool! Also from what I've read there is a high chance that DQX will be released outside of Japan so fingers crossed.

Info about gameplay of DQX in spoiler read at own risk!
from what I've been reading you can play the game perfectly well solo as in no team members at all or you can construct a team also the final boss is Balzaack! Yes the very same from DQ4(?) by the sounds of it!

Jazz™
14th March 2013, 5:44 PM
That'd be really cool! Also from what I've read there is a high chance that DQX will be released outside of Japan so fingers crossed.

Info about gameplay of DQX in spoiler read at own risk!
from what I've been reading you can play the game perfectly well solo as in no team members at all or you can construct a team also the final boss is Balzaack! Yes the very same from DQ4(?) by the sounds of it!
Yeah, I heard you can play single-player as well.

OK guys, the time has come. The new mod is...
BOTH CHING AND KAI!
I really couldn't deicde, you've both been very loyal. You now have permission to use the upcoming userbar in your sig. Keep promoting this place, I hope it gets bigger!

CyberBlaziken
14th March 2013, 6:49 PM
Haha, wow. Didn't expect that. I'll try my level best to be regular.

The prospect of playing with people from here has got me excited :3
Hope we get the game outside Japan by the end of the.of the year.

I gotta get the Wii U soon >.>

Jazz™
14th March 2013, 7:49 PM
Haha, wow. Didn't expect that. I'll try my level best to be regular.

The prospect of playing with people from here has got me excited :3
Hope we get the game outside Japan by the end of the.of the year.

I gotta get the Wii U soon >.>
Well, you two are the only active members XD
I need the Wii U as well =(

CyberBlaziken
15th March 2013, 9:24 AM
Hah, need to get the 3DS as well >.>

I really wanna see a DQ game for the 3DS.

Jazz™
15th March 2013, 9:13 PM

What,a main series one? Because there's Rocket Slime 3D coming out

On another note, the userbars should be done soon, so give credit to Brutaka!

Chingchar
16th March 2013, 12:14 AM

A DQ7 remake is coming for the 3DS but don't know if its coming out of Japan as of yet :/
Also thanks on the modship now all we need is more members and were set XD

CyberBlaziken
16th March 2013, 8:24 PM
I never really played DQ7, I think :/
I should look into that.

Yeah, a main series game.
I haven't really played any spin-offs..

Userbars? If you can, I want a userbar with DQ9 hero :3

Jazz™
17th March 2013, 10:29 AM
I never really played DQ7, I think :/
I should look into that.

Yeah, a main series game.
I haven't really played any spin-offs..

Userbars? If you can, I want a userbar with DQ9 hero :3
DQ7 is on PS1, so proper old-school. I was probably about 3 when it came out.

And on both your userbars I requested King Slimes, and for me I got a metal king slime :3
Both ur userbars are the same, just 'Dragon Quest Club Mod'

CyberBlaziken
17th March 2013, 11:46 AM
Heh, I was old enough, but it wasn't until DQ VIII, in the PS2, that I got hooked onto the series.

Nice, looking forward to that.

Jazz™
19th March 2013, 7:52 PM
OK guys, here are the userbars!
Credit Brutaka!

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/BlueslimeUserbar_zps867b14b0.png

Chingchar
20th March 2013, 12:21 AM
OK guys, here are the userbars!
Credit Brutaka!

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/BlueslimeUserbar_zps867b14b0.png

They look great and everything... But why do you get a cool looking DQ8 sprite and were stuck with DQ9 lol

Jazz™
20th March 2013, 9:19 PM
They look great and everything... But why do you get a cool looking DQ8 sprite and were stuck with DQ9 lol
Sorry, I got the highest quality I could...

CyberBlaziken
21st March 2013, 10:17 AM
Haha, owner privileges ;)

How about mine? The one with the DQIX hero?

Jazz™
21st March 2013, 5:38 PM
DQ7 is on PS1, so proper old-school. I was probably about 3 when it came out.

And on both your userbars I requested King Slimes, and for me I got a metal king slime :3
Both ur userbars are the same, just 'Dragon Quest Club Mod'

Haha, owner privileges ;)

How about mine? The one with the DQIX hero?

I'm personally not very happy with the userbars, so if you can get me a dq9 hero SPRITE ill get em remade

CyberBlaziken
25th March 2013, 9:48 PM
Oh, I see.
I wish I could, but I usually browse SPPF through my phone.
I'll probably try to find some later.

Favorite Secondary Character?
I'd have to say Stella. Even though she's annoying at times.
Her possible backstory is quite interesting.

Jazz™
26th March 2013, 8:49 PM
Oh, I see.

That's ok, i'll try and find something

Stella is extremely interesting, but I would have to say Patty, because of her history with Pheobe

CyberBlaziken
26th March 2013, 10:01 PM
Thanks!

I really should finish all the quests..
So much I still don't know!

Chingchar
4th April 2013, 1:21 AM
Oh, I see.

Is this just DQ9 or what? I would have to go for king korol from DQV there's so little known about him the lack of info annoys me DX

CyberBlaziken
4th April 2013, 10:18 AM
No, not really. i just asked overall.

Jazz™
17th April 2013, 8:25 PM
Guys, if activity doesn't pick up, I'm gonna contact a mod to close this place, becuase clearly DQ just isn't popular enough atm. I know I am guilty of this as well, but this club is not nearly as active as I hoped it would be.

CyberBlaziken
17th April 2013, 10:53 PM
Well, that does seem to be a big problem.
I guess the Clubs section doesn't attract much people.
I've been waiting days for someone to reply so I can as well.

I think we need to advertise the club, somehow.
Or if you wish, you can close it down.

The Head Honchkrow
21st April 2013, 3:19 PM
Guys, if activity doesn't pick up, I'm gonna contact a mod to close this place, becuase clearly DQ just isn't popular enough atm. I know I am guilty of this as well, but this club is not nearly as active as I hoped it would be.

Well, to be fair, you can hardly blame anyone; there's been absolutely no news regarding any of the recent games (DQM: TW, Rocket Slime 3, DQ10), the last new entry to come to the West kinda split the fanbase in two (DQIX), and in the latest game (DQVII remake), they've kinda messed with the game too much. I mean, non-random battles?! Since the last 3 remakes had random battle, why change now? WTH? Oh, and that new character who helps you put in Shards. Really, Squenix?

~The Head Honchkrow~

Jazz™
21st April 2013, 8:10 PM
Well, to be fair, you can hardly blame anyone; there's been absolutely no news regarding any of the recent games (DQM: TW, Rocket Slime 3, DQ10), the last new entry to come to the West kinda split the fanbase in two (DQIX), and in the latest game (DQVII remake), they've kinda messed with the game too much. I mean, non-random battles?! Since the last 3 remakes had random battle, why change now? WTH? Oh, and that new character who helps you put in Shards. Really, Squenix?

~The Head Honchkrow~
Well, I guess that's true, but no matter what side of the fanbase they're on, this is a club for ALL DQ fans. SO JOIN UP!

Jazz™
1st May 2013, 5:41 PM
OK then, goodbye DQ club, I have contacted SM to shut this.
I would go into some long rant about how much I'll miss this place, but to be entirely honest, I won't. This place has done NOTHING on Serebii. So thank you, and good day.
Jazz

Sweet May
2nd May 2013, 4:51 AM
Closed upon club owner's request.