PDA

View Full Version : Rayeels for States (Modified)

Aquadon
20th February 2013, 3:43 AM
Rayquaza EX 3
Rayquaza (DrV)/Thundurus 2
Eelektrik 4
Tynamo (NVI 38) 2
Tynamo (DaE 45) 2
Emolga 2

Total Pokemon: 15

Colress 2
Dowsing Machine 1
Energy Switch 1
Level Ball 3
Random Reciever 1
N 3
Pokemon Catcher 4
Professor Juniper 4
Skyarrow Bridge 2
Skyla 2
Super Rod 2
Switch 3
Tool Scrapper 1
Ultra Ball 3

Total Trainer: 32

Fire Energy 5
Lightning Energy 8

Total Energy: 13

Total Deck: 60

Sorry for the formatting, pulled it from an Excel Sheet. I'm feeling pretty good about this deck, but I would love some advice before I start testing it out at Leagues (I have 2 weekends to go before States).

ven?
20th February 2013, 4:35 PM
Well everything does look good except you're T/S/S line, also add in keldeo EX, it's a great switch option, and tynamo with paralyze for 10 is probably the best play, spread for 10 isn't gonna make much of a difference.

Colress 2 (I would never recommend playing more then 2 in any deck, it's more of the fact of how many re-draw and draw supporters you have in you're deck, and turn 1 with only colress a 1 basic.
Dowsing Machine/scramble switch 1 (I've tested both and really It's hard to pick because they're both such great cards in this deck)
Level Ball 2
Max Potion 2-3 (more of this card is better, and with 2 super rod and
N 2 (I bet you probably never play more then 2, I tested other people's ray/eels decks, had them test mine, watched them play em, nobody never plays more then 2 N per game, because after the first ohko you're gonna want to just juniper, cheren or bianca)
Pokemon Catcher 4
Professor Juniper 4
Skyarrow Bridge 2
Skyla/cheren/bianca 2 (I find skyla doesn't do much for Ray/eels, because I noticed that to get the most out of the deck is by playing larger hands, switch, catcher, electric or fire energy, etc)
Super Rod 2
Switch 3 (switch is so much better then sky arrow, it works for everyone not just basic pokemon because not all the time are you gonna want to have to move around basic, at times you're bench will have 3-4 dynamotor, it's such a great play to have 3-4 out)
Tool Scrapper 1
Ultra Ball 4

I liked alot of it but added in a few ideas from what I've learned from playing ray eels, good luck at states.

Aquadon
21st February 2013, 11:13 PM
Thanks! I tweaked it a little and definitely added in the 3rd Switch, because even though Stadium Wars are present, I definitely need to save Eels/Baby Ray won't get a free retreat regardless. Speaking of which, I've been trying to figure out what should be in Rayquaza's slot; I want Keldeo EX, but I pre-ordered the Tins, which might not make it in time for States (March 9th). Pretty much what I've been considering in the spot of the 2 Rays are Rayquaza himself, Keldeo EX (if it's here in time). Victini (AKA Benchtini in case of PlasmaKlang being present), Raikou EX (for snipe), and Thundurus (for setup). I'll need one non-EX in case of PlasmaKlang and Sigilyph, but it's still all up in the air. Any tips on what to do in those slots?

ven?
22nd February 2013, 4:13 PM
I use 1 zekrom b/w as a tech, 120 dmg, and with 2 super ropd and 4 ultra its pretty easy to get out after it's been ko'd but since plasma klink came out I may be going with 2 zekrom.

Edit, this must be said: Do not put thundurus in rayeels, it does not help you.