PDA

View Full Version : Electric Type Fan Club

OceanicLanturn
12th March 2013, 4:15 PM
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/5716/electrictypefanclubfrag.png

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep Beep*

Welcome to the Electric Type Fan Club. I’m OceanicLanturn, a guy who is obsessed with electric types. I suppose that you’re here to join the club, seeing as how you clicked on the link. To join, you must have a love or passion for electric types. Anyways, here are a few rules that we, fans of electric type, have to obey.

http://wiki.marriland.com/images/b/b9/Lt._SurgeB2W2.gifhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/026.gif
~The Rules~
- All Serebii Forums rules don’t apply. Nah, just kidding, they still do. It’s really simple though, just don’t troll and be a good citizen.
- If you want to join in the discussion, you must first signup. Signup forms are available, like down there.
- Please stay active. You will be given a strike if you do not post within a month without a valid reason. You will then be removed if you still do not post after the first strike. (Yes, life is tough and exams are annoying)
- Please do not troll, spam or bring drama into the club. Yes, it’s hard not to argue with someone, but you have a lovely mouse to click on the other guy, and go to his wall.
- Also, no one-liner post that contributes nothing to the topic. Example? ‘Hey guys I have to go eat dinner, see you’ in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately, this is not a chat club, so stray off one-liner posts.
- Please do not bash electric types. There’s a difference between ‘Most Electric types have frail defenses, making them sometimes easily KO’d’ and ‘hurr durr electric types sux lulululululul’. The former is accepted, as you do state the reason in a well manner, the latter, get out of here, you jerk.
- On another note, you can create topics. Everyone, you heard me right. Everyone in this club can. Just don't create a bajillion of them though :3
- And finally, a cliché have fun and I have to Raichu a letter joining the force. Sorry, I just had to.

---

http://wiki.marriland.com/images/5/58/WattsonB2W2sprite.gifhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/310.gif
~Strikes~
Warning – Warning, as the name suggests
First – A Second Warning, you still have a chance
Second – A One Day ban, you’re allowed to come back after a day
Third – A One Week ban, start reflecting on what you did wrong
Fourth – A One Month ban, you should be very regretful
Fifth – Permanent Ban, you’ve used up 5 chances, the ban hammer is summoned

---

http://wiki.marriland.com/images/a/a9/VolknerB2W2.gifhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/466.gif
~Member List~
Leader
1. OceanicLanturn [Leader]

Co-Leader
1. Dirkac

Members
1. ReshiZekyurem [0 Strike]
2. Fluffy [0 Strike]
3. Greatemboar [0 Strike]
4. Nyarthatelop [0 Strike]
5. HetaOni [0 Strike]
6. ElectricPokeLover [0 Strike]
7. Auaria~ [0 Strike]
8. Colt45 [0 Strike]
9. fitzy909 [0 Strike]
10. Elysian [0 Strike]
11. T-bolt [0 Strike]
12. blisseytank [0 Strike]
13. Poke's4Ever [0 Strike]
14. deh74 [0 Strike]
15. *=Pichu=* [0 Strike]
16. marioluigifan [0 Strike]
17. Shayminlover123 [0 Strike]

---

Now that we have got past the boring parts, allow me to bring on the main show, the SIGNUP FORM!

http://wiki.marriland.com/images/4/49/Elesa.gifhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/587.gif
~Signup Form~
Other than a passion for electric types, you also most have the guts to fill in the mighty signup form, as well as the brain to answer a simple riddle.

Username:
Why do you want to join this Club:
Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve, but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend, and have a move of my own!
Who am I?

Here is my Signup Form

Username: OceanicLanturn
Why do you want to join this Club: I am a huge fan of electric types. Other than my obvious bias for Lanturn, I also love many other electric types. I find them unique as they only have one weakness, and I enjoy how cute some of the designs look!
Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve, but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend, and have a move of my own!
Who am I? Pikachu, of course!

---

~Topics~

Who is your favourite electric type Pokemon?
Who is your favourite electric type gym leader?
What is your favourite Rotom Form?
Who uses your favourite electric type legendary, between Zapdos, Raikou, Thundurus and Zekrom?
Gen 5's Rotom Type Change, yay or nay or don't care?
What is your favourite electric type move?
Create an Electric type move!

---

~Credits~

Marriland: Trainer Sprites
PokemonElite2000: Pokemon Sprites
Eeveelover: Lovely opening banner

---

~News & Activities~

The Electric Club officially opens - /03/13

LOOKING FOR A CO-LEAD, VM ME IF INTERESTED!

---

Ready, set, shock on!

Arts coming soon~ :3

OceanicLanturn
23rd March 2013, 9:21 AM
With permission from bobandbill, I'm bumping this thread.

Check my VM wall if you want to be sure.

Anyways,

START JOLTING!

RzK
23rd March 2013, 10:01 AM
I would like to sign up! BzZz
Username:ReshiZekyurem
Why do you want to join this Club:I really like the Electric type, it seems like a fourth elemental type after the main elemental trio and there are so really nice electric pokemon out there, mice, squirrels, flying squirrels, lightning ball phenomena, from chinese folklore 'yang' dragons, lions, birds, tigers, zebras, lynxes, sheep, spiders, etc. Variety!
Who am I? that's the mascot of the entire franchise itself: pikachu!

Fluffyy
23rd March 2013, 10:18 AM
Awesome, an Electric Type Fan Club!

Username: Fluffyy
Why do you want to join this Club: Because I love Electric-types and love that they can be useful in teams like paralysing opponents. Plus, most are really speedy and strong and thats what I like in a pokemon! Plus I could be a little useful myself like making link buttons, userbars and banners.
Who am I? Too easy, Pikachu!

Greatemboar
23rd March 2013, 12:18 PM
Username: Greatemboar
Why do I want to join this club: I have used electric types a few times and I have a 2 of my favorite electric types on my White 2 Luxray and Pikachu which I won't evolve.
Answer to the riddle: Pikachu as the light ball increases the attack and special attack, it evolves into Raichu when exposed to a thunderstone, the pikachu you recieve in yellow doesn't want to evolve, the mascot of pokemon is Pikachu and its evolutionary family has a signature move known as volt tackle

OceanicLanturn
23rd March 2013, 1:40 PM
Awesome, an Electric Type Fan Club!

Username: Fluffyy
Why do you want to join this Club: Because I love Electric-types and love that they can be useful in teams like paralysing opponents. Plus, most are really speedy and strong and thats what I like in a pokemon! Plus I could be a little useful myself like making link buttons, userbars and banners.
Who am I? Too easy, Pikachu!

Accepted. Gotta love paralysis! And thanks for the offer :D

Username: Greatemboar
Why do I want to join this club: I have used electric types a few times and I have a 2 of my favorite electric types on my White 2 Luxray and Pikachu which I won't evolve.
Answer to the riddle: Pikachu as the light ball increases the attack and special attack, it evolves into Raichu when exposed to a thunderstone, the pikachu you recieve in yellow doesn't want to evolve, the mascot of pokemon is Pikachu and its evolutionary family has a signature move known as volt tackle

Accepted! I liek Luxray too!

I would like to sign up! BzZz
Username:ReshiZekyurem
Why do you want to join this Club:I really like the Electric type, it seems like a fourth elemental type after the main elemental trio and there are so really nice electric pokemon out there, mice, squirrels, flying squirrels, lightning ball phenomena, from chinese folklore 'yang' dragons, lions, birds, tigers, zebras, lynxes, sheep, spiders, etc. Variety!
Who am I? that's the mascot of the entire franchise itself: pikachu!

Accepted. Gotta agree. So many different, unique animal designs.

Well, let's kick off the club with Topic No. 1:

Who is your favorite Electric gym leader?

My favourite gym leader has to be Volkner. I like how where he lives in. Like Sunnyshore is my favourite city in Sinnoh. Anyways, I like his portrayal in the anime and manga, like how he's bored and all. I also like his choice of team in Platinum. Gotta love Electrivire... I'm glad they added Electrivire in Pt, because Electrivire IMO fits him more. Aside from Volkner, I also like Elesa. She's hilarious in the anime, and also kind, helping Bianca to persuade her father.

Anyways, I'm also looking for a co-leader to fill in the times when I'm busy with exams. Leave a VM if you're interested!

Greatemboar
23rd March 2013, 2:04 PM
Can't beat Lt. Surge the original electric leader. Here are a few reasons 1. Pokemon yellow he fought using a lvl 30 Raichu 2. He has appeared in every generation 4 as gym leaders 1 in the PWT. I also like Wattson because its hard to get anything that can beat his gym quickly

Nyarlathotep
23rd March 2013, 2:16 PM
Username: Nyarlathotep, but you can call me Reila or Nyarla to simplify things.
Why do you want to join this Club: cuz I liek Electric-type Pokémonzz. I am serious, I noticed a lot of my favorite Pokémon are from this type, so I guess I am a fan of the type, uh?
Who am I? GALVANTULA... No? Ok, Pikachu then.

OceanicLanturn
23rd March 2013, 4:07 PM
Username: Nyarlathotep, but you can call me Reila or Nyarla to simplify things.
Why do you want to join this Club: cuz I liek Electric-type Pokémonzz. I am serious, I noticed a lot of my favorite Pokémon are from this type, so I guess I am a fan of the type, uh?
Who am I? GALVANTULA... No? Ok, Pikachu then.

Accepted liek a boss.

Wow guys, I'm loving this join rate here. Anyways, I'm looking for a co-lead here. I'm pretty busy with life, and my time zone is non-American. Eck, scratch that, looking for TWO CO-LEADERS. Also, once we get like 15 members, we'll do something like a vote-for-club-mascot type of thing. Don't worry, I'll do my best to keep the club alive until then XD

Shock on! Also modifying the member list now :3

HetaOni
23rd March 2013, 4:11 PM
Username: HetaOni
Why do you want to join this Club: Electricity is one of my key elements! Besides, Manectric is my baby. >w<
Who am I? Pikachuuuuuuuu

dirkac
23rd March 2013, 4:17 PM
Username: dirkac
Why do you want to join this Club: I guess it must be because I like electric types. Shocker huh?
Who am I? It's... (drumroll) :608:! Wait, what? This isn't the Hanbei and Kanbei Club? Ok. Pikachu! ;025; But, it has a move of it's own? Volt Tackle is only originally available to Pichu, but available to Raichu too, if you count it like that. X)

EDIT: I could be co-leader, if I get accepted that is.

Lluc
23rd March 2013, 4:27 PM
Username:ElectricPokeLover
[B]Why do you want to join this Club:'Cause I adore electric types. Most of my favorite Pokemon is made up of electric types and I think lots of them are adorable. They also help out my team a lot.
Who am I?:Pikachu! You get stronger by a Light ball or a Life Orb, giving Pikachu a thunderstone makes it a Raichu, but Ash's Pikachu doesn't want that. Pikachu's signature move is also Volt Tackle.

Nyarlathotep
23rd March 2013, 4:34 PM
@OceanicLanturn: I may help you with the club, if no one else is interested.

This is hard question... Luxray, Manectric, Galvantula, Raichu and Flaaffy are among my favorite Pokémon, how can I possibly choose only one? D:

Uh... If I really had to choose one, maybe Luxray because of its awesome design or Galvantula, for being a Bug-type.

Lt. Surge. He is actually the only Electric-type Gym Leader I really like :/ Yeah, as much as like the Pokémon of this type, I am not a huge fan of the leaders.

Seles
23rd March 2013, 5:43 PM
Username: Auaria~
Why do you want to join this Club: I like Electric types. ;P well, most of them.
Who am I? Pikachu :608:

Fluffyy
23rd March 2013, 7:27 PM
Favourite Electric Type Pokemon -

Theres so many awesome looking pokemon to choose from. Luxray, Raichu and Amphy are my favourites.. Luxray because it has great attack power (Which most Electric-types don't have) and its final evolution is so badass-looking. Raichu because I love it's design and yeah... its a freaking electric mouse! Amphy because I'm using Flaaffy at the moment in Soulsilver and trying to level it to evolve it!

Who's your favourite Gym Leader

Its a tie-breaker between Volkner & Elesa; Volkner is kinda cute and has two of my favourite pokemon in his team although his gym was a bit of an *** to me. Elesa seemed pretty cool in the anime, I loved how she used Tynamo as her last pokemon.. haha, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER GYMS.. they're awesome and fun to go in!

OceanicLanturn
24th March 2013, 3:06 AM
Username: HetaOni
Why do you want to join this Club: Electricity is one of my key elements! Besides, Manectric is my baby. >w<
Who am I? Pikachuuuuuuuu

Accepted. Manetric is awesome :3

Username: dirkac
Why do you want to join this Club: I guess it must be because I like electric types. Shocker huh?
Who am I? It's... (drumroll) :608:! Wait, what? This isn't the Hanbei and Kanbei Club? Ok. Pikachu! ;025; But, it has a move of it's own? Volt Tackle is only originally available to Pichu, but available to Raichu too, if you count it like that. X)

EDIT: I could be co-leader, if I get accepted that is.

Accepted, though sure, you can be co-leader as long as you keep this place active.

Username:ElectricPokeLover
[B]Why do you want to join this Club:'Cause I adore electric types. Most of my favorite Pokemon is made up of electric types and I think lots of them are adorable. They also help out my team a lot.
Who am I?:Pikachu! You get stronger by a Light ball or a Life Orb, giving Pikachu a thunderstone makes it a Raichu, but Ash's Pikachu doesn't want that. Pikachu's signature move is also Volt Tackle.

Accepted. Your nickname is so fitting for this club!

Username: Auaria~
Why do you want to join this Club: I like Electric types. ;P well, most of them.
Who am I? Pikachu :608:

Accepted. :3

Seles
24th March 2013, 3:15 AM
wooo, acceptance. ^^ well, anyway...

Favourite Electric Type Pokemon -
my absolute favourite Electric type is a three-way tie between Plusle, Eelektross, and Flaaffy. Plusle and Flaaffy are so cute! and they're pretty powerful too. :) Eelektross is also pretty powerful, as well as defensive. and I love his ability- Levitate. some other faves of mine include: Zekrom, all Rotom forms, Raikou, and Pichu.

Who's your favourite Gym Leader
Volkner for sure! I've loved him since the beginning... he's just so...<3 no words can describe him. :P :608:

Lluc
24th March 2013, 3:33 AM
Glad to be accepted into this club ^^

Favorite Electric Type Pokemin
Shinx! When I made my very first Pokemon team Shinx was a vitao member of my team. When Shinx became a Luxray, he became my powerhouse for my team. Shinx became my favorite Pokemon because of this and it's just so darn cute!

Favorite Electric Gym Leader
Usually personalities (and powees but not many human characters have powers) win me over but gym leaders don't seem to have much of a personality. It's kinda hard to pick a favorite because of this. It's a tie between Volkner for his Luxray and his mixed team and Elesa for her Emolga and being a famous supermodel.

Princess StrawBerry
24th March 2013, 3:36 AM
pikachu is one of my farvorites Pokemon i alway using it :D

OceanicLanturn
24th March 2013, 6:20 AM
pikachu is one of my farvorites Pokemon i alway using it :D

Please use the form in the original post if you would like to join :3

Anyways, here's a new question to keep this club going (EVERYONE CAN MAKE TOPICS, BTW)

I like Wash and Mow Rotom the most. Wash Rotom is just awesome as it has only a mere 1 weakness. I love Hydro Pump too. Water is also my other-favourite typing, so Rotom-W is awesome, though not as awesome as Lanturn ;). Mow Rotom is just cute. It can take down many big OU threats such as Gastrodon and generally helps in rain teams and Voltturn teams. I also love its portrayal in the DP Rotom Episode.

Speaking of which, I like normal-form Rotom too. Though the Haunted Mansion creeps me out a little :P

dirkac
24th March 2013, 10:22 AM
Yayz acceptes! Umzz, Topics.

Hmm... Dunno, do I have to choose? Lanturn, Chinchou, Mareep, Shinx, Joltik, Galvantula... Dunno.

Volkner! Volkner, Volkner, VOLKNER! He's da best! and it has nothing todo with my Sunnoh obsession

Frost Rotom, for being a Fridge! Fridge Logic always comes handy. And, um, dunno D: Normal Forme is awesome too though :P

And, new topics?

Which is your favorite Regional Electric Rodent?

I really like Plusle an Minun beause, well, dunno, I like them better than the others? And they had unique abilities prior to Gen V.

Oh, and, I received a letter, but I can't read it, it's in Raichu transcript. Anybody have an English to Raichu dictionary? :P

Nyarlathotep
24th March 2013, 10:27 AM
I am the only person in the world who happens to not like Volkner...

Either Fan or Mow Rotom. I like its design in these forms and the types are interesting... Gotta love the Flying and Grass types :P

Emolga, no contest. It is so cute and it is also a Flying Pokémon. <3

dirkac
24th March 2013, 10:29 AM
I am the only person in the world who happens to not like Volkner...

Really, like I posted, I really only like him cuz he's in Sinnoh. If Lt. Surge or Wattson was there, I would like them better. I do really like Wattson though (I don't like Elesa though).

Nyarlathotep
24th March 2013, 10:32 AM
Really, like I posted, I really only like him cuz he's in Sinnoh. If Lt. Surge or Wattson was there, I would like them better. I do really like Wattson though (I don't like Elesa though).

My problem with him is that he is rude and a bit arrogant. I can't stand characters like that, reason for me not liking Blue as well. Elesa is cool, I just don't like the weird outfit Game Freak gave her in Black 2 and White 2. On other hand, I loved the fact her hair is naturally black. Black hair rules <3 Anyway, Sinnoh is cool, nice to see that there are people that really love this region. Also, why don't you like Elesa, if I am allowed to ask?

dirkac
24th March 2013, 10:43 AM
My problem with him is that he is rude and a bit arrogant. I can't stand characters like that, reason for me not liking Blue as well. Elesa is cool, I just don't like the weird outfit Game Freak gave her in Black 2 and White 2. On other hand, I loved the fact her hair is naturally black. Black hair rules <3 Anyway, Sinnoh is cool, nice to see that there are people that really love this region. Also, why don't you like Elesa, if I am allowed to ask?

Dunno, she seems too public and well-liked for me, I don't like people like that. That, and she's irrealistically "nice" to the point of me hating her. That, and she didn't use a Joltik outside of Challenge Mode.

Greatemboar
24th March 2013, 12:00 PM
My favorite Rotom is Heat Rotom just because I like fire types.

My favorite electric type is Luxray because I like lions

OceanicLanturn
24th March 2013, 2:27 PM
Yayz acceptes! Umzz, Topics.

Hmm... Dunno, do I have to choose? Lanturn, Chinchou, Mareep, Shinx, Joltik, Galvantula... Dunno.

Volkner! Volkner, Volkner, VOLKNER! He's da best! and it has nothing todo with my Sunnoh obsession

Frost Rotom, for being a Fridge! Fridge Logic always comes handy. And, um, dunno D: Normal Forme is awesome too though :P

And, new topics?

I really like Plusle an Minun beause, well, dunno, I like them better than the others? And they had unique abilities prior to Gen V.

Oh, and, I received a letter, but I can't read it, it's in Raichu transcript. Anybody have an English to Raichu dictionary? :P

Can you like elaborate a bit? Especially on your favorite part. Just choose two or three and give some reasons, not put out a list of Pokemon, ya know xD This applies for everyone too :3

Anyways,

Which is your favorite Electric Rodent?
Pachirisu is cute. I'm obssessed to DP Anime, so you can't blame me for liking it when my favorite character owns it (Dawn). I also like its protrayal in the anime. Hyper, love to eat, cute are all the traits that come in mind when talking about Dawns Pachirisu. Emolga is also a big one. It has the most unique typing, making it better than the other rodents, who are sort-of-bad with bad stats. I mean, Elesa's Emolgas Volt Switch says hi. Whitney Miltank Redux.

Nyarlathotep
24th March 2013, 3:02 PM
That, and she didn't use a Joltik outside of Challenge Mode.

Now that is a good reason for hating her. XD It was stupid to give her two Emolga and no Joltik/Galvantula or Tynamo/Eelektrik. I don't even remember what her team was in B2W2.

Seles
24th March 2013, 4:20 PM
Well, I personally like Normal Rotom the most, as it's part Ghost, which is my favourite type! But I also love Frost Rotom too... Ice is pretty awesome too. :3

My absolute favourite is Plusle, because its just so darn cute. :P But I also really like Pichu as well... It's certainly a lot better than the Pokemon mascot. >.> :608:

HetaOni
24th March 2013, 4:56 PM
Mow Rotom without a doubt. For reasons only my good friends know.

Lluc
24th March 2013, 5:10 PM
What is your favorite Rotom form?
Mow Rotom! It has such an interesting typing (Electric/Grass) and I think it's design looks so awesome! I think this is the only electric type with a good grass move if I'm not mistaken. t also looks so threatening and so cute at the same time and there's that smile xD.

What is your favorite electric rodent?
Well it'd have to be Emolga. It has such an adorable looking face and it makes itself unique from the other rodents by having a secondary flying type. It also helped me defeat Elesa in Black 2 by using her own strategy against her. In the anime Emolga has one of the most adorable voices ever! I've even got a talking Emolga plush on my bed!

dirkac
25th March 2013, 6:27 PM
Can you like elaborate a bit? Especially on your favorite part. Just choose two or three and give some reasons, not put out a list of Pokemon, ya know xD This applies for everyone too :3

Well, Okay than! :P

Who is your favorite Electric type Pokémon?
I really like Chinchou and Lanturn, Chinchou for being, well, cute and stuff, and for being awesome. Lanturn for somehow being decently bulky-ish, paralyzing, and confusing, and for being awesome. Joltik, cuz, well, it's the smallest Poké ever, unique typing, IT'S BUG TYPED, it's usable, and for being awes- ADORBSACUTEABLENESSLY.

And, to Nyarlathotep, Elesa's team in B2W2 was: Flaaffy, (Joltik in Challenge Mode), Emolga, and Zebstrika. This is only the story battle though, not PWT.

Nyarlathotep
25th March 2013, 8:57 PM
Right, let me elaborate then.

1.) Luxray: I am not a big fan of felines, but I love its design and a huge electric lion-like cat would be something interesting to have in my team. I just wish it was Electric/Dark.
2.) Manectric: I love its design as well, is very unique ^^ I always have one in RSE. It is probably the most underrated Electric-type Pokémon of all time, no one even comments about it.
3.) Galvantula: It is a electric spider, needless to explain why one would love it. Plus, Joltik is cute as hell.
4.) Raichu: Again, the main reason I like Raichu is the design, but my love for it may also come for the fact I am sucker for unloved Pokémon. Screw Pikachu, Raichu is the real deal.
5.) Raikou: Another awesome electric cat-like thing. Its design screams epicness. Anyway, I still wonder why the hell people call it a "dog". :]

Lt. Surge for sure. He is actually the only Electric-type Gym Leader I really like, as much as like the Pokémon of this type, I am not a huge fan of the leaders. Elesa is an interesting character, but I never care about here, there are more interesting leaders in Unova... Also people talk so much about her, it is annoying. Wattson is very inexpressive, as every other Hoenn leader, I really hope they improve the character when they remake Generation III games. Lastly, as I previously said, Volkner is too arrogant for my tastes.

And, to Nyarlathotep, Elesa's team in B2W2 was: Flaaffy, (Joltik in Challenge Mode), Emolga, and Zebstrika. This is only the story battle though, not PWT.

Oh, right. Still no Joltik then.

OceanicLanturn
26th March 2013, 4:20 PM
Elesa having no Joltik was disappointing...

Anyways, im on a phone right now, so I'll just make a short topix

Rotom Gen 5's type change, yay or nay or dont care?

Colt45
26th March 2013, 4:48 PM
Username: Colt45
Why do you want to join this Club: Because Electric is my favorite type!
Who am I? Pikachu of course! :D

Might I suggest adding mono-type Electric tournaments to the club agenda? Stuff like that could keep the club going fresh. Just my two cents :D

Greatemboar
26th March 2013, 6:00 PM
Rotom getting type changes in its other 5 forms wasn't much of a bid deal to me since I have never actually bothered with the electric menace although I do like the name being motoR spelt backwards

Nyarlathotep
26th March 2013, 7:25 PM

Yay and nay. Yay because it allowed some unique type combinations like Grass/Electric, but nay because it looses the awesome Ghost-type when changing forms. Since it seems to be based on poltergeists, losing the Ghost-type is quite weird. Well, at least it keeps the Electric-type.

fitzy909
26th March 2013, 10:56 PM
Username: Fitzy909
Why do you want to join this Club: I love electric type pokemon. they are awesomely strong and cool. They dominate over all other types. My favourite is Zekrom, but every electric type is cool in it's own way. i just want to be able to talk to people who love electric types as much as i do.

Schade
26th March 2013, 10:58 PM
Username: Elysian
Why do you want to join this Club: Because Electric-Types are an interesting part of the Pokemon world, and their moves facinate me in strength and variations
Who am I? without even reading the entire thing, I'll just guess Pikachu. Pika's like the Electric-Type, and therefore, the answer. lol

Seles
26th March 2013, 11:18 PM

I disliked the idea at first... Ghost is my favourite type, so seeing Rotom lose it was kinda disappointing. but after a little bit of exploring and messing around, I found a really badass Rotom form: Frost Rotom. :P :608:

OceanicLanturn
27th March 2013, 12:04 AM
Username: Elysian
Why do you want to join this Club: Because Electric-Types are an interesting part of the Pokemon world, and their moves facinate me in strength and variations
Who am I? without even reading the entire thing, I'll just guess Pikachu. Pika's like the Electric-Type, and therefore, the answer. lol

Username: Fitzy909
Why do you want to join this Club: I love electric type pokemon. they are awesomely strong and cool. They dominate over all other types. My favourite is Zekrom, but every electric type is cool in it's own way. i just want to be able to talk to people who love electric types as much as i do.

Username: Colt45
Why do you want to join this Club: Because Electric is my favorite type!
Who am I? Pikachu of course! :D

Might I suggest adding mono-type Electric tournaments to the club agenda? Stuff like that could keep the club going fresh. Just my two cents :D

All accepted. As for tournaments, there'll ne some once we get enough peeople

Greatemboar
27th March 2013, 12:23 AM
When we do tournaments we should make the two people or E.T.'s choose between single, double, triple and rotation battles and only using electric types so we stick to the name of the club.

Lluc
27th March 2013, 2:01 AM
Rotom Gen 5's type change, yay or nay or don't care?
I like it, it gives the Rotom forms have STAB for their special moves and can create unique type combinations. It also gives a purpose to use a regular Rotom.

RzK
27th March 2013, 10:46 AM
A new topic, anyone?
What is your favourite Electric legendary between Zapdos, Raikou, Zekrom and Thunderus? I hope I didn't forget anyone..!
All of them are unique to me in their own ways!

Nyarlathotep
27th March 2013, 11:29 AM
I like Raikou a lot, but... Zapdos for me. I got totally wet when that awesome Zapdos appeared in the second movie. Also, I think it was the first legendary I've ever caught.

dirkac
27th March 2013, 11:33 AM
A new topic, anyone?
What is your favourite Electric legendary between Zapdos, Raikou, Zekrom and Thunderus? I hope I didn't forget anyone..!

I think Zekrom, I don't really like the legends ._.

And, I dislike that Rotom changed typing, even if it is solely for FAN ROTOM. Why GF? Why u troll us? (Flying type with Levitate).

OceanicLanturn
27th March 2013, 2:27 PM
A new topic, anyone?

You missed out Arceus-electric :<

Anyways, my favorite? Probably other than Arceus electric, Thundurus. It's so good in battle. High speed, high special attack, great movepool. I like Zekrom too, but I always keep getting confused which one is truth and which one is ideals.

RzK
27th March 2013, 4:23 PM
You missed out Arceus-electric :<

Anyways, my favorite? Probably other than Arceus electric, Thundurus. It's so good in battle. High speed, high special attack, great movepool. I like Zekrom too, but I always keep getting confused which one is truth and which one is ideals.
So I did forget somebody? Well I don't know why but I don't like Arceus at all. And actually I forgot Zekrom first LOL!
And I still don't know which is truth and ideals...Can we have a new topic now?
What is your favourite Electric type move? For me, Thunder and Thunderbolt, the original Electric-typed Devastating moves!

Colt45
27th March 2013, 5:33 PM
My favorite electric-type legendary is Raikou, with Zekrom not far behind. I like Raikou mostly because of his design. He has really cool colors, and he's a badass saber-tooth tiger.

Greatemboar
27th March 2013, 6:29 PM
Zekrom the pokemon of Ideals opposite to Reshiram the pokemon of Truth and being a dragon type which is also one of my favorite types it takes the first place for me I found like that Thundurus is just a better version of Zapdos (Sorry but its true) and has prankster ability which lets thunder wave hit first Raikou is just too easy to target with earthquake since Zekrom can learn fly and Zapdos/Thundurus are immune to ground attacks.

My personal favorite is Zekrom being a dragon type

T-Bolt
27th March 2013, 6:55 PM
I'd like to join the club too.

T-Bolt
Why you like electric types?- I started liking electric types when I trained an Ampharos in my Emerald version. After that I made it a point to use an electric type in every ingame team I used. I love many of their designs, especially Jolteon and the Rotom forms.

Who am I?

Pikachu. (nice riddle)

blisseytank
27th March 2013, 7:41 PM
B]Username:[/B] Blisseytank
Why do you want to join this Club: Because i think electric pokémon are awsome and they always give a great boost to my team :)
Who am I? Pikachu :)

Skytorn
27th March 2013, 10:30 PM
Username: ^
Why do you want to join this Club: Take a guess... I like Electric types!
Who am I? I was going to say, "Urrrrmmmm... Jolteon?" and then I saw everyone else's posts and thought, "Gosh, I'm a blooming idiot!". Pikachu.

Seles
27th March 2013, 11:34 PM
I really like the move Thunder Wave. It's great for annoying opponents, and it has a badass animation in every game. :P My favourite Electric type legendaries are Zekrom and Raikou. :608:

Lluc
28th March 2013, 12:22 AM
What is your favourite Electric legendary between Zapdos, Raikou, Zekrom and Thunderus?
Thundurus, it's blue which is an awesome color and it's a weather god so it makes it kinda cool. I also like that it's not goodie goodie like most legendaries and actually causes trouble by firing thunderbolts on everything.

What is your favourite Electric type move?
Since I'm crazy for high base power it would have to be Thunder. It's animations also makes it look so threatening and the accuracy can be fixed by Rain Dance.

Fluffyy
28th March 2013, 1:03 AM
What is your favourite Electric legendary between Zapdos, Raikou, Zekrom and Thunderus?

No ones a Zapdos lover? Anyways, I love the Trio birds (Or whatever you call them) so Im going to go with Zapdos. It's design looks so badass, not only that it's design looks cool but quite strong too!

What is your favourite Electric type move?

Thunder wave; Because it can be really annoying to get paralyzed and it'll sometimes prevent hits.
Thunder; AWESOME ANIMATIONS and its a hard hitter.
Volt Switch; Useful in battle when you just want to hit the target and get away.
Spark(Only with Luxray); Its a strong hitter.

Greatemboar
28th March 2013, 1:11 AM
My favourite electric type move is volt tackle/Wild charge because I like recoil damage moves and besides when your up against some serious power a strong move that doesn't have to get 100% accuracy from rain those two moves are great even though they don't have 100% accuracy

OceanicLanturn
28th March 2013, 3:11 PM
I'd like to join the club too.

T-Bolt
Why you like electric types?- I started liking electric types when I trained an Ampharos in my Emerald version. After that I made it a point to use an electric type in every ingame team I used. I love many of their designs, especially Jolteon and the Rotom forms.

Who am I?

Pikachu. (nice riddle)

B]Username:[/B] Blisseytank
Why do you want to join this Club: Because i think electric pokémon are awsome and they always give a great boost to my team :)
Who am I? Pikachu :)

Username: ^
Why do you want to join this Club: Take a guess... I like Electric types!
Who am I? I was going to say, "Urrrrmmmm... Jolteon?" and then I saw everyone else's posts and thought, "Gosh, I'm a blooming idiot!". Pikachu.

All accepted :D OP to be updated soon.

As for favorite electric type moves, it'll go to thunderbolt. Accurate, powerful and awesome. I also like Bolt Strike, or maybe it's just that I love spamming Victini too much. Another favorite of mine goes to Volt Switch, really handy. Wild Charge is also up there for being sounique as the few physical electric type moves.

New topic, and it's something special!

Create an Electric Move!
Title says it all. If this topic gets more than 5 responses, we can do something fun for voting. I'm thinking of turning my second post into a hall of fame type of stuff where we can showcase some best received work in a monthly challenge. What do you guys think? yay or nay?

Anyways, here's my electric move creation. Please put it in this format:

Neon Shock [Electric]
PP: 15/Power: 75/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
Flavor Text: The user shoots out colorful electricity at the foe. May confuse.
Creator's Note: It comes with a nasty 30% confusion rate. It could be a good way for Parafusion WITH STABs. Sweet, right?
Distribution (Optional): Flaffy, Ampharos, Chinchou, Lanturn, Zekrom,

There, easy and simple. I hope this fun exercise will help boost activity!

deh74
28th March 2013, 3:28 PM
Username: deh74
Why do you want to join this Club: I fell for the electric type the first time pikachu shocked ash, ever since then they've been my second or third favorite type and I want to talk about them with other people too.
[B]Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve, but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend, and
have a move of my own!
Who am I? Pikachu of course!

~Topics~

Either jolteon, electabuzz, or luxray because I love their designs, their moves aren't that bad either.
I looker Watson the most because he reMinds me of my grandfather who had a manectric like dog
Wh was also an electrician. may he rip.
at is your favourite Rotom Form?
I don't like rotom, it'd always creeped me put that it can possess my kitchen of it wanted too.

Fluffyy
28th March 2013, 3:34 PM
New topic, and it's something special!

Create an Electric Move!
Title says it all. If this topic gets more than 5 responses, we can do something fun for voting. I'm thinking of turning my second post into a hall of fame type of stuff where we can showcase some best received work in a monthly challenge. What do you guys think? yay or nay?

Neon Shock [Electric]
Creator's Note: It comes with a nasty 30% confusion rate. It could be a good way for Parafusion WITH STABs. Sweet, right?

Bolt Rush [ELECTRIC]
PP:10 / Power: 90 / Accuracy: 100 / Catagory: Melee / Target: Single foe
Flavour Text: User quickly rushes towards the foe in a flash and zaps them with electricity. May cause paralyze.
Distribution: Raichu, Jolteon, Luxray, Ampharos and eh.. thats all I can think of

OceanicLanturn
28th March 2013, 3:37 PM
Username: deh74
Why do you want to join this Club: I fell for the electric type the first time pikachu shocked ash, ever since then they've been my second or third favorite type and I want to talk about them with other people too.
Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve, but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend, and
have a move of my own!
Who am I? Pikachu of course!

~Topics~

Either jolteon, electabuzz, or luxray because I love their designs, their moves aren't that bad either.
I looker Watson the most because he reMinds me of my grandfather who had a manectric like dog
Wh was also an electrician. may he rip.
at is your favourite Rotom Form?
I don't like rotom, it'd always creeped me put that it can possess my kitchen of it wanted too.

Accepted! Btw, we're doing a create a move challenge thing.

[B]Bolt Rush [ELECTRIC]
PP:10 / Power: 90 / Accuracy: 100 / Catagory: Melee / Target: Single foe
Flavour Text: User quickly rushes towards the foe in a flash and zaps them with electricity. May cause paralyze.
Distribution: Raichu, Jolteon, Luxray, Ampharos and eh.. thats all I can think of

That's 2 moves already. I think you mean Physical, not melee :P as for target, I'll take it as single adjacent enemy. It only hits the adjacent single Pokemon like Wild Charge in Triples, right? Also, what's the paralysis chance?

Greatemboar
28th March 2013, 6:04 PM
Dos Bolt [Electric]

PP:5/Power: 100/Accuracy: 90/ Category: Special/ Target: single foe in single battle, both foes in double battle and 2/3 foes in triple battle

Flavour text. The user flaps its wings creating a bolt of lightning in the shape of a 2. It will cause paralysis.

Distrubution: Zapdos

T-Bolt
28th March 2013, 7:06 PM
New moves! Okay-

Overload (electric)
PP 5/Category- Special/ target- single non-user
Power- 140/ accuracy- 90
Flavour Text-The pokémon builds up electricity and discharges it at the foe. Sharply reduces the user's SpAtk stat.

Distribution- magnemite line, Rotom (forms only), porygon line

Creator's notes- an electric type Draco Meteor. Well, overloading is something associated with machines, which is the reason for it's limited distribution.

deh74
28th March 2013, 9:06 PM
I thought of two new moves, one of them enables the other one. Is that ok?

Fluffyy
29th March 2013, 1:09 AM
That's 2 moves already. I think you mean Physical, not melee :P as for target, I'll take it as single adjacent enemy. It only hits the adjacent single Pokemon like Wild Charge in Triples, right? Also, what's the paralysis chance?

Yeah, I meant physical as for the target. Also for the paralyse, "May cause paralyse" so Im guessing like 30% chance of being paralysed after that hit.

Skytorn
29th March 2013, 2:46 AM
Yay, acceptance!

Create an Electric Move!

Neon Shock [Electric]

Pristine Beam [Electric]
PP: 20/Power: 95/Accuracy: 80/Category: Special/Target: All foes surrounding
Flavor Text: The user releases a powerful, pure energy beam and can be fatal to any unfortunate opponents near it. 50% chance of paralysis.
Creator's note: Handy for when you and your foe are both nearly defeated and you want to deal that final blow. Paralysis can also be effective due to it's common encounter rate.
Distribution: Jolteon [TM], Pichu [Egg move], Mareep-Flaffy-Ampharos [Leveling up], Shinx-Luxio-Luxray [Leveling up], Mew

And for those other topics:

[B]Who is your favorite electric type?

Manetric has always been a home favorite for me, as well as Elektrike (dear God I hope I spelled that right). Their designs have always been intriguing to me.

Who is your favorite Electric type Gym Leader?

I like Lt Surge because he reminds me of my dad ^.^

I like Watson because.... MANETRIC! Plus, who doesn't love creepy old guys... right?

I like Volkner because.......... I don't why I like him. Heck, I don't like him! He's too bland for me. Plus, I may get this wrong but why did he use an Octillery and Ambipom in Pearl? IT MAKES NO SENSE!

I like Elesa because she appeals to me, even though I'm tomboyish.

So all of them are my favorite! Apart from Volkner, he still sucks.

Favorite Rotom form?

I honestly like them all because of how useful they could be if they were real... and these are not normal uses.

I could burn people with the microwave. I could drown people with the washing machine. I could freeze people with the fridge. I could rip people to shreds with the lawn mower. I could blow people off the face of the Earth with the fan. And lastly, the normal form could be a cute and fun side-kick.

...I swear I'm not evil!

*=Pichu=*
29th March 2013, 2:50 AM
Username:Pichu

Why do you want to join this Club: Ever since I first saw Pikachu's thundershock, I was amazed by electric types and how they can store a huge amount of power

Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve, but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend, and have a move of my own! Who am I?

http://s24.postimg.org/5h6ju0xk1/10138_560631277303988_953881377_n.jpg<--PIKACHU!

moneylesswario
29th March 2013, 3:38 AM
hurr durr electric types sux lulululululul’ Can I join for Electrode? :P

Colt45
29th March 2013, 3:39 AM
hurr durr electric types sux lulululululul’ Can I join for Electrode? :P

You'll need to use the sign-up form XD

moneylesswario
29th March 2013, 3:43 AM
Why do you want to join this Club: Electrode.
Who am I? Gee, I don't know...Eevee? Pikachu

OceanicLanturn
29th March 2013, 5:45 AM
Dos Bolt [Electric]

PP:5/Power: 100/Accuracy: 90/ Category: Special/ Target: single foe in single battle, both foes in double battle and 2/3 foes in triple battle

Flavour text. The user flaps its wings creating a bolt of lightning in the shape of a 2. It will cause paralysis.

Distrubution: Zapdos

% for paralysis chance? This is our 3rd submission.

New moves! Okay-

Overload (electric)
PP 5/Category- Special/ target- single non-user
Power- 140/ accuracy- 90
Flavour Text-The pokémon builds up electricity and discharges it at the foe. Sharply reduces the user's SpAtk stat.

Distribution- magnemite line, Rotom (forms only), porygon line

Creator's notes- an electric type Draco Meteor. Well, overloading is something associated with machines, which is the reason for it's limited distribution.

Nice. Fourth!

I thought of two new moves, one of them enables the other one. Is that ok?

It'd be better as standalones.

Pristine Beam [Electric]
PP: 20/Power: 95/Accuracy: 80/Category: Special/Target: All foes surrounding
Flavor Text: The user releases a powerful, pure energy beam and can be fatal to any unfortunate opponents near it. 50% chance of paralysis.
Creator's note: Handy for when you and your foe are both nearly defeated and you want to deal that final blow. Paralysis can also be effective due to it's common encounter rate.
Distribution: Jolteon [TM], Pichu [Egg move], Mareep-Flaffy-Ampharos [Leveling up], Shinx-Luxio-Luxray [Leveling up], Mew

Wow, that's powerful, but anyways, fifth! Looks like this topic is well received. I'll think about the submission deadline soon.

[B]Username:Pichu

Why do you want to join this Club: Ever since I first saw Pikachu's thundershock, I was amazed by electric types and how they can store a huge amount of power

Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve, but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend, and have a move of my own! Who am I?

http://s24.postimg.org/5h6ju0xk1/10138_560631277303988_953881377_n.jpg<--PIKACHU!

Accepted! Please do participate in our latest create a move challenge.

Why do you want to join this Club: Electrode.
Who am I? Gee, I don't know...Eevee? Pikachu

Ugh, accepted, but the amount of sarcasm... XD Ya better participate in the create a move challenge lol

Greatemboar
29th March 2013, 1:35 PM
% for paralysis chance? This is our 3rd submission.

100% chance of the opponent getting paralyzed.
Picture this move as an electric type Inferno except its got a better chance of hitting the target.

moneylesswario
29th March 2013, 3:12 PM
Super Charge [Electric]
PP: 10/Power: 450/Accuracy: 99/Category:
Special/Target: Single
Flavor Text: The user charges up an immense amount of electricity for two turns. Can't unleash if distracted.
Creator's note: Basically a 3-turn Hyper Beam.
Distribution: Only the ones I like :P

T-Bolt
30th March 2013, 11:11 AM
Since the club's been pretty inactive, I'll start a new topic.

What's your opinion on all the Pikachu events Gamefreak Has launched?

Title says it all. Pikachu can Fly, surf and now even move at lightning-fast speeds!(pun intended). Does Pikachu really deserve all the attention Gamefreak's giving it?

Personally I think Gamefreak ought to give better promotions. Pikachu is still not very usable even after all the add-ons it's got. Maybe Gamefreak should make extremespeed an egg move so that you can use it with Volt-tackle. Then it would be pretty good.

OceanicLanturn
30th March 2013, 12:03 PM
100% chance of the opponent getting paralyzed.
Picture this move as an electric type Inferno except its got a better chance of hitting the target.

Wow, that's powerful...

Super Charge [Electric]
PP: 10/Power: 450/Accuracy: 99/Category:
Special/Target: Single
Flavor Text: The user charges up an immense amount of electricity for two turns. Can't unleash if distracted.
Creator's note: Basically a 3-turn Hyper Beam.
Distribution: Only the ones I like :P

Sixth. Guys, we need moar plox.

Title says it all. Pikachu can Fly, surf and now even move at lightning-fast speeds!(pun intended). Does Pikachu really deserve all the attention Gamefreak's giving it?

Personally I think Gamefreak ought to give better promotions. Pikachu is still not very usable even after all the add-ons it's got. Maybe Gamefreak should make extremespeed an egg move so that you can use it with Volt-tackle. Then it would be pretty good.

Extremespeed? Anyways, Pikachu is pretty bad competitively speaking. Even with whatever gimmicks/moves you slap on it, its stats just fall short of expectation. It's just wayyyyy to frail. It could possibly increase Pikachu's usage, but eh, going OU or even RU is a bit farfetch'd. Gamefreak already sort of stretched it with all the promotions it gave Pikachu. I mean, that's fine, considering how Pikachu is the mascot, but yeah, I'd prefer Pikachu + Fusion Bolt or something. Victini got it, so why can't Pika?

dirkac
30th March 2013, 3:11 PM
Create a Move...?

Shine Shot
PP: 5/Power: 10/ Accuracy: -(always hits)/Category: Special/Target: (choose, any target on field)
Flavor Text: The use shoots a weak, albeit blinding ball of electricity at the Target. Causes the Target's moves to fail completely for three turns.
creator's notes Really, for Double Battles to incapacitate a threat and then immediately lock it in with Mean Look to prevent damage. Still useless against Ground Types though.
Distribution: Ampharos, Chinchou, Lanturn, Lumineon (anything else hat emits a lot of light?) (can be given to Pikachu, Bronzor (yeah...), Munna, Whismur, Carvanha through Breeding)

I was away too long. How many moves can we send in?

Schade
30th March 2013, 3:24 PM
So... Event Pichus/Pikachus?
I think they're unnecessary. Sure, they're cute and all but.. does anyone ever actually use them?

dirkac
30th March 2013, 3:29 PM
So... Event Pichus/Pikachus?
I think they're unnecessary. Sure, they're cute and all but.. does anyone ever actually use them?

I use them. As WiFi Trade Bait. For some reason poeple on GTS Negotiations really want that stuff and are willing to trade Jirachi, Deoxys and Melloetta like crazy. :P it's insane.

T-Bolt
30th March 2013, 3:40 PM
Extremespeed? Anyways, Pikachu is pretty bad competitively speaking. Even with whatever gimmicks/moves you slap on it, its stats just fall short of expectation. It's just wayyyyy to frail. It could possibly increase Pikachu's usage, but eh, going OU or even RU is a bit farfetch'd. Gamefreak already sort of stretched it with all the promotions it gave Pikachu. I mean, that's fine, considering how Pikachu is the mascot, but yeah, I'd prefer Pikachu + Fusion Bolt or something. Victini got it, so why can't Pika?

Well, according to the Smogon's analysis, Pikachu with a light ball has offensive Stats akin to those of Rayquaza. Don't know if he's exaggerating, but Pikachu could still be an effective Revenge Killer with Fake Out and Extremespeed. Volt Tackle packs quite a punch too.

Looking at NU's top threats, Pikachu with Volt Tackle and Extremespeed could probably take out most of them. I don't see why it couldn't go to RU, if it indeed does have Rayquaza-like stats.

Greatemboar
30th March 2013, 3:54 PM
Well, according to the Smogon's analysis, Pikachu with a light ball has offensive Stats akin to those of Rayquaza. Don't know if he's exaggerating, but Pikachu could still be an effective Revenge Killer with Fake Out and Extremespeed. Volt Tackle packs quite a punch too.

Looking at NU's top threats, Pikachu with Volt Tackle and Extremespeed could probably take out most of them. I don't see why it couldn't go to RU, if it indeed does have Rayquaza-like stats.

Its Smogon its been exaggerated.
I agree that Pikachu should get a move from a different pokemon so we get Bolt strike Pikachu or Fusion bolt Pikachu

Skytorn
30th March 2013, 6:34 PM

Well, I'm not too bothered about events since I'm not good with that wifi stuff and I usually can't get an event Pokemon without an AR. Plus, Pikachu is one of my least favorite Pokemon of all time, not stat wise or design wise... I just hate it.

Nobody ever really uses Pikachu anymore anyway. Though according to the UK's Pokemon World magazine of September (I think) 2009, Pikachu is the second most popular Pokemon, after Arceus.

Shayminslicker
30th March 2013, 9:13 PM
Username:Shayminlover123
Why do you want to join this Club:Eletricity is my 3rd favorite type
Who am I?:Pikachu.

Fluffyy
31st March 2013, 1:19 AM

Not a big fan of Pikachu (Go Raichu!), I've always loved Pikachu in the anime because it was different from any other Pikachu but ones you catch in the wild.. BLEH. I love its design, I find it really cute but its not that strong.. otherwise you might wanna evolve it to Raichu xD

Greatemboar
31st March 2013, 1:58 AM

Not a big fan of Pikachu (Go Raichu!), I've always loved Pikachu in the anime because it was different from any other Pikachu but ones you catch in the wild.. BLEH. I love its design, I find it really cute but its not that strong.. otherwise you might wanna evolve it to Raichu xD

You can't always get Raichu right away since if you evolve Pikachu too quickly it doesn't learn some attacks.
And there are too many Pikachu promotions there should be more Magikarp that have water gun or Zekrom with Volt tackle

OceanicLanturn
31st March 2013, 5:26 AM

Not really. It's just wayyyy too frail. It's not like you can spam Fake Out anyways. Pikachu's main downfall is its crap bulk. 35/30/40 is terrible, and 90 base speed is far from the best attack stats. As for Extremespeed, it's illegal with Lightningrod. Also, Volt Tackle is kind of horrible for Pikachu, since it'll just kill itself faster.

Username:Shayminlover123
Why do you want to join this Club:Eletricity is my 3rd favorite type
Who am I?:Pikachu.

Accepted!!

Create a Move...?

Shine Shot
PP: 5/Power: 10/ Accuracy: -(always hits)/Category: Special/Target: (choose, any target on field)
Flavor Text: The use shoots a weak, albeit blinding ball of electricity at the Target. Causes the Target's moves to fail completely for three turns.
creator's notes Really, for Double Battles to incapacitate a threat and then immediately lock it in with Mean Look to prevent damage. Still useless against Ground Types though.
Distribution: Ampharos, Chinchou, Lanturn, Lumineon (anything else hat emits a lot of light?) (can be given to Pikachu, Bronzor (yeah...), Munna, Whismur, Carvanha through Breeding)

I was away too long. How many moves can we send in?

One only. And wow, I've lost count. Anyways, I'm going to set the submission deadline to 7th April. So shoot in any moves you'd like for people that didn't make one yet!

Nyarlathotep
31st March 2013, 8:23 AM
What is your favourite electric type move?

Thunder, because the animations of this move are usually cool.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/c0/Thunder_III.png

I like Zap Cannon and Magnet Rise as well.

Schade
31st March 2013, 12:09 PM
Thunderbolt for its reliability, but other than that, I really like how Charge Beam just makes your pokemon moer and more dangerous

moneylesswario
31st March 2013, 1:53 PM
Volt Switch for obvious reasons

Greatemboar
1st April 2013, 12:25 PM
When are we starting the club tournament?
I do believe we have at least enough people for it.

Fluffyy
1st April 2013, 1:03 PM
Four one-liners in a row? Wow, I know Im not a MOD here but I don't want this club to close down because of loads of one-liners. Just buff it up a little with the posts, if you haven't seen the announcement posted by Sweet May that was ages ago about one-liners, click here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?591994-One-liners-are-not-allowed!).

Anyhow, we probably have enough people to start a tournament.. I'm sure it'll be fun. Eh, I'm not much of a competitive pokemon battler but maybe I'll enter it some other time when I have a full team and such. So yeah..

-------------------------------------------------------

Current Topics;
- What is your favourite electric type move?
- What's your opinion on all the Pikachu events Gamefreak Has launched?

New Topics;
- Whats your battle strategy when using electric-type pokemon?
- Electric-type pokemon you would use if you were the region Champion?
- First impression on electric-type pokemon?

Nyarlathotep
1st April 2013, 1:11 PM
@Fluffy: You are right, you're not a forum or a club MOD, so don't act like one. By the way, my previous post had three lines and a picture, it was more than enough.

@Topics:

Whats your battle strategy when using electric-type pokemon?

All-out Attack.

Electric-type pokemon you would use if you were the region Champion?

- Flaaffy/Eelektross
- Manectric
- Luxray
- Galvantula
- Raichu
- Zapdos

First impression on electric-type pokemon?

My first impression with a Electric-type Pokémon, Pikachu, wasn't that great :/ I started to truly like the type some months ago, although I like Raichu since the 90's.

T-Bolt
1st April 2013, 1:36 PM
What's your battle strategy while using electric type pokemon?

It varies according to the pokemon I use, though it's usually hit hard, hit fast. Which is why volt switch +choice scarf/ specs is so good.

Electric types you would use if you were region champion

Thundurus-T (though it's a legendary), Rotom-W, Eelektross, Magnezone, Jolteon, Luxray.

RzK
1st April 2013, 1:50 PM
Electric types you would use if you were region champion
I think I'd use Emolga, Luxray, Electivire, Rotom-G, Rotom-H, and Magnezone. Horrible team I know...

OceanicLanturn
1st April 2013, 2:08 PM
Volt Switch for obvious reasons

I'm late on this one. Please expand on your reason. One-liners are bad, but this is unacceptable. First off, I'm sure us or anyone here are mind-readers. So please expand on your 'obvious reasons'. Thanks.

When are we starting the club tournament?
I do believe we have at least enough people for it.

I have to count the number of members and update accordingly. I say when we hit about 15~ will do? Well, meh :3

Four one-liners in a row? Wow, I know Im not a MOD here but I don't want this club to close down because of loads of one-liners. Just buff it up a little with the posts, if you haven't seen the announcement posted by Sweet May that was ages ago about one-liners, click here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?591994-One-liners-are-not-allowed!).

Anyhow, we probably have enough people to start a tournament.. I'm sure it'll be fun. Eh, I'm not much of a competitive pokemon battler but maybe I'll enter it some other time when I have a full team and such. So yeah..

-------------------------------------------------------

Current Topics;
- What is your favourite electric type move?
- What's your opinion on all the Pikachu events Gamefreak Has launched?

New Topics;
- Whats your battle strategy when using electric-type pokemon?
- Electric-type pokemon you would use if you were the region Champion?
- First impression on electric-type pokemon?

Thanks Fluffy. Although I'd very much like to say that people shouldn't minimod, there aren't many mods in this club. Only me and dirkac. Dirkac rarely posts so I'll have to confer with him. I'm a bit busy. I'll admit that it's my fault for not pointing out the one-liners.

Also, guys, I've been letting one-liners go because the club is still in its infant stage. However, I'll be stricter now. I don't need huge blocks of text like the Fan Fiction Club, but you could at least explain a bit. Refer to below for what IS and what IS NOT a one-liner.

What is your favourite type combination?
ONE LINER: Electric/Water. Awesome. [X]
NON-ONE LINER: Electric/Water. I love this typing, it's just so awesome. Water & Electric combined together are pretty good combination. A Water/Electric usually guarantees a BoltBeam combo. It also has only 2 weaknesses, with ground being the one water can handle. [V]

Anyways, let's go back to the topics. Btw guys, please avoid making lists. I'll let it slide pass this one time.

It's usually a fast, speedy attacker. Electric types are definitely not known for their bulks, and most are better off with high speed sweeping anyways. VoltTurn is also a pretty nice strategy that capitals the 'fast, speedy' attacker status electric type holds.

Lanturn: After all, it's my signature Pokemon!
Rotom-Mow: Rotom-Mow has a really nifty ground immunity, and goes well along with Lanturn.
Ampharos: Ampharos is going to be the bulky pivot for this team. It's arguably one of the bulkiest electric Pokemon and can tank/support while dishing out good damage.
Magnezone: I love Magnezone, too. It also comes in handy to trap steels.
Jolteon: My speedy attacker here. It can just Volt Switch out or beat everything in its path!
Galvantula: Ugh, terrifying. It's a really good Pokemon. Compoundeyes + Thunder = 91% accuracy with a 30% chance to paralyse. *screams*

Greatemboar
1st April 2013, 2:33 PM
My battle strategy with electric types: I make use of paralysis with thunder wave and If need be I use a volt switch or Volt tackle.

Electric types I would use as a regional Champion:

Electivire: A mix attacker that can deal with those Gliscor
Emolga: Acrobatics all I need to say
Pikachu/Raichu: F.E.A.R me
Lanturn: Surf and Thunder
Magnezone: Trap those Steel types and spam an attack
Luxray: Wild charge and fire fang

My first impression on electric types: They were quite useful handy for those water type gyms and Gyarados
Electross: Immune to gorund attacks with Levitate and can use Dragon claw

T-Bolt
1st April 2013, 2:37 PM
I have to count the number of members and update accordingly. I say when we hit about 15~ will do? Well, meh :3

We have reached 15+ members. Anyway, if there is a tournament, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Instead of using mono-electric type teams, I think it should be 4 or 3 electric types in a team. Or else everyone's probably going to Have to run HP ground to damage other electric types. Electric types aren't really famous for their movepools, so I think we should have a few other type pokemon too.

Besides (lame quote alert) A true electric type master must not only know how to use electric types effectively, but also deal with the threats to an electric type Pokemon.

Fluffyy
1st April 2013, 2:40 PM
Anywho, getting back to the discussion..

I usually start off with trying to paralyse them with Thunderwave or however and count on luck to prevent them from hitting me so I can spam some moves on them. If all else fails, I'll just use speed to save me, ikr.. crappy strategy.

Luxray, Ampharos, Raichu, Jolteon, Lanturn and Magenezone.. seems legit xD

OceanicLanturn
1st April 2013, 3:02 PM
We have reached 15+ members. Anyway, if there is a tournament, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Instead of using mono-electric type teams, I think it should be 4 or 3 electric types in a team. Or else everyone's probably going to Have to run HP ground to damage other electric types. Electric types aren't really famous for their movepools, so I think we should have a few other type pokemon too.

Besides (lame quote alert) A true electric type master must not only know how to use electric types effectively, but also deal with the threats to an electric type Pokemon.

Oh, haha. Silly leader. :P

I'm going to change the deadline for move submission to this Thursday, then I can get the Tournament ball kicking on Friday signup.

So anyways, I'm going to be sending a VM to those who has yet to submit a move. Here are all the moves as of now.

OceanicLanturn - Neon Shock
Fluffyy - Bolt Rush
Greatemboar - Dos Bolt
T-Bolt - Overload
Poke's4Ever - Pristine Beam
marioluigifan05 - Super Charge
dirkac- Shine Shock

That's 7/19. I'm going to PM those that has yet to make a move yet. Bleh, coming your way is Lanturn sending a threatening PM.

RzK
1st April 2013, 4:24 PM
Here it is.
Lightning Strike [ELECTRIC]
PP:5 / Power: 170 / Accuracy:75/ Category:Special/ Target: Single foe
Flavour Text: A flash of lightning from the sky electrocutes the opponent. It has a 5% chance to OHKO the opponent.
Distribution: Jolteon, Luxray, Raichu, Thundurus, Zapdos, Zekrom, Raikou, Electivire, Dragonite, Hydreigon and Metagross.

fitzy909
1st April 2013, 6:06 PM
Here it is.
Shock pulse [ELECTRIC]
PP:5 / Power: 90 / Accuracy:100/ Category:Special/ Target: Single foe
Flavour Text: A powerful pulse of electricity is fired at the foe. it has a 10% chance to paralyse the opponent.
Distribution: all fully evolved electric type pokemon and Registeel, metagross, bronzong, klinklang and Genesect.

Lluc
1st April 2013, 6:19 PM
Well, I wasn't going to participate at first because I had no idea of an electric move but now an idea comes into mind.

Thunderstorm
PP:10 Power:30 Accuracy:100 Category:Special Target:Varies
Description:The user summons 2-5 bolts of lightning to strike the foe. If there's more than one foe it may strike a different foe each time. Each hit may paralyze
Distribution:Zapdos,Raikou,Manectric, and Thundurus

Schade
1st April 2013, 6:43 PM
Ok, I'll give it a go.

ElectroJolt [Electric-Type]
PP: 25
Power: 40
Accuracy: 100
Category: Special
Target: Single foe

Flavour Text: A weak but lightening-fast shock of Electricity is fired at the oponent. This move always strike first.
Distribution: Pikachu line, Magnemite line, Jolteon, Chinchou-Line, Electrike-Line, Pachirisu, Rotom, Joltik-Line, Thundurus

blisseytank
1st April 2013, 6:52 PM
Thunder Vibe [Electric-Type]
PP: 15
Power: -
Category: Status
Target: Whole field

Flavour Text: The Pokémon sends electromagnetic waves on the field that will paralyze every Pokémon that gets send on the field for 5 turns.
Distribution: Magnemite line, Chinchou-Line, Rotom, Raikou, Zapdos.

Greatemboar
1st April 2013, 8:15 PM
Isn't Thunder Jolt Pikachu's and Pichu's neutral B move in Super Smash Bros?
It also appeared on a pokemon TCG card

Schade
1st April 2013, 8:23 PM
It is? Aww, I though I came up with something new.. Oh well, changing it:

deh74
1st April 2013, 9:04 PM
Short circuit l [Electric-Type]
PP: 10
Power: -Accuracy: 100
Category: special

Flavour Text: the user charges up energy for one turn and then discharges the charged energy in a massive shockwave with a 30% chance of paralyzing the foe.
Distribution: Magnemite line, elektrike line, shinx line, jolteon, Elekid line, rotom, voltorb line

Skytorn
1st April 2013, 9:40 PM
Wow, ever since Lanturn said that people needed to send in a move, there have been lots of moves.

Anyway,

What Electric Pokemon would I use if I was champion?

Manetric - I've explained enough that I love this Pokemon
Jolteon - Me gusta!
Luxray - Will probably be the power house of my team
Ampharos - I like this one as well
Zebstrika - :3
Elektross - Because I couldn't think of a final Pokemon...

My first impression on Electric types?

I don't remember how I came to like them, I just did. Pikachu was a turn off but I looked passed him and and saw all the other Electric types and thought, "Duuuuude. This Pokemon are tight yo!". Joking aside, I came to really like them.

Lluc
1st April 2013, 10:03 PM
What Electric Pokemon would I use if I was champion?
Lead:Electrode
Attacker:Manectric
Defensive:Magnezone
Speed:Emolga
Uniquely typed:Lanturn
Trump card:Luxray

My first impression on Electric types?
I never really bothered to think about the types when I first played Pokemon. I just used whatever the heck I wanted to. Eventually I did find myself having electric types as my trump card (Lanturn in Crystal,Luxray in Diamond, Ampharos in Heartgold) and my love for them began to escalate since I started realizing how useful they were to me.

HetaOni
1st April 2013, 10:24 PM
I'll give it a shot.

Blackout [Electric]
PP: 5 /Power: - /Accuracy: 30 /Category: Special / Target: Single target
Flavor Text: The user draws in all the area's electricity and strikes the foe with a lightning bolt. One hit KO.
Distribution: Raichu, Manectric, Magnezone, Rotom, Electivire, Raikou, Zapdos, Thundurus, Zekrom

Fluffyy
2nd April 2013, 1:27 AM
Lool, awesome moves!

Your first impression on Electric-type pokemon?

I was a pure noob back then when I was playing pokemon, so anyways in Diamond (First game for me) I was battling this trainer with Electric-types and I thought I would win because I had strong pokemon and such then they paralysed me, hit me with some strong moves and boom, I blacked out. I started taking a liking to pokemon and electric-types and moved on to watching the anime..... Pikachu was a bit fat in the first episode, that was a big turn off but it started to get stronger overtime. So thats my story, xD

deh74
2nd April 2013, 1:56 AM
What electric Pokemon would I USSR if I were champion?
I'd use...
Electabuzz
Jolteon this would be my signature Pokemon
Luxray would be my powerhouse
magnezone
Electrode
Raichu

OceanicLanturn
2nd April 2013, 2:00 PM
Here it is.
Lightning Strike [ELECTRIC]
PP:5 / Power: 170 / Accuracy:75/ Category:Special/ Target: Single foe
Flavour Text: A flash of lightning from the sky electrocutes the opponent. It has a 5% chance to OHKO the opponent.
Distribution: Jolteon, Luxray, Raichu, Thundurus, Zapdos, Zekrom, Raikou, Electivire, Dragonite, Hydreigon and Metagross.

8/19 :D

Here it is.
Shock pulse [ELECTRIC]
PP:5 / Power: 90 / Accuracy:100/ Category:Special/ Target: Single foe
Flavour Text: A powerful pulse of electricity is fired at the foe. it has a 10% chance to paralyse the opponent.
Distribution: all fully evolved electric type pokemon and Registeel, metagross, bronzong, klinklang and Genesect.

9/19!! :D

Well, I wasn't going to participate at first because I had no idea of an electric move but now an idea comes into mind.

Thunderstorm
PP:10 Power:30 Accuracy:100 Category:Special Target:Varies
Description:The user summons 2-5 bolts of lightning to strike the foe. If there's more than one foe it may strike a different foe each time. Each hit may paralyze
Distribution:Zapdos,Raikou,Manectric, and Thundurus

10/19!!!

Ok, I'll give it a go.

ElectroJolt [Electric-Type]
PP: 25
Power: 40
Target: Single foe

Flavour Text: A weak but lightening-fast shock of Electricity is fired at the oponent. This move always strike first.
Distribution: Pikachu line, Magnemite line, Jolteon, Chinchou-Line, Electrike-Line, Pachirisu, Rotom, Joltik-Line, Thundurus

11/19. also, this move is fine, since I'm talking about in-game moves, not tgc moves.

Thunder Vibe [Electric-Type]
PP: 15
Power: -
Category: Status

Flavour Text: The Pokémon sends electromagnetic waves on the field that will paralyze every Pokémon that gets send on the field for 5 turns.
Distribution: Magnemite line, Chinchou-Line, Rotom, Raikou, Zapdos.

12/19!

Isn't Thunder Jolt Pikachu's and Pichu's neutral B move in Super Smash Bros?
It also appeared on a pokemon TCG card

Doesn't really matter. I'm still counting Elysian's since ... well, I'm talking about main series game moves.

Short circuit l [Electric-Type]
PP: 10
Power: -Accuracy: 100
Category: special

Flavour Text: the user charges up energy for one turn and then discharges the charged energy in a massive shockwave with a 30% chance of paralyzing the foe.
Distribution: Magnemite line, elektrike line, shinx line, jolteon, Elekid line, rotom, voltorb line

13/19!

I'll give it a shot.

Blackout [Electric]
PP: 5 /Power: - /Accuracy: 30 /Category: Special / Target: Single target
Flavor Text: The user draws in all the area's electricity and strikes the foe with a lightning bolt. One hit KO.
Distribution: Raichu, Manectric, Magnezone, Rotom, Electivire, Raikou, Zapdos, Thundurus, Zekrom

14/19!

Dayum, so many people. Thanks you all! The voting stage will open tomorrow, and meanwhile, let's discuss the tournament, since it's Thursday.

Suggestion for tournaments? Eg. Mono-Electric OU? 3:3 Electric Ubers? Etc, etc. Suggest 'em all!

Greatemboar
2nd April 2013, 2:09 PM
For the tournament how about 1 pokemon a side no restrictions electric types only.
I'll give you a reason: My secret weapon

Lluc
2nd April 2013, 5:56 PM
I'm not one to competitive battle so I don't know which Pokemon goes in which tier (Though I can always go look them up). I'd really like it if, like Greatemboar said, the only restriction is electric types only. It lets us use our favorites that aren't so good in competitive battles. Maybe we can exclude some legendaries though. 3 to 3 sounds okay.

Greatemboar
2nd April 2013, 6:08 PM
Sorry guys I can't participate in this tournament :(
My 3DS is damaged and is in need of some repairs

T-Bolt
2nd April 2013, 6:25 PM
For the tournament how about 1 pokemon a side no restrictions electric types only.
I'll give you a reason: My secret weapon

It's not Stunfisk is it?

I'm not one to competitive battle so I don't know which Pokemon goes in which tier (Though I can always go look them up). I'd really like it if, like Greatemboar said, the only restriction is electric types only. It lets us use our favorites that aren't so good in competitive battles. Maybe we can exclude some legendaries though. 3 to 3 sounds okay.

That's what OU means, you can use any pokemon, except for most Legendaries and a few really powerful Pokemon. All you have to do is google "ubers smogon" and it will give you the list of pokemon you can't use.

Anyway, like I stated in my previous post, I'm against going mono electric (though mono-electric doubles or Triples is fine with me). It'll be like those funny battles in the Grass type Pokemon Fan Club tournament, where everyone was throwing Hazards at each other (since there are no Grass type spinners.)

I don't want a single play style to dominate the tournament, so I'm going against mono electric. There should be 4 or 3 electric types, and the other Pokemon should be of any other type. And 6 on 6 battles.

Btw, i think there should be a rule that you can't vote for your own move. it'll make the voting process more fair.

Schade
2nd April 2013, 7:03 PM
Not into tournaments but.. i have an Electric-Type question:

Where do I find the TM for Wild Charge? the place I got it in BW does not exist anymore

Edit: Hey! I've got a doppelgänger! Lookin' fine, bro!

Greatemboar
2nd April 2013, 7:24 PM
Not into tournaments but.. i have an Electric-Type question:

Where do I find the TM for Wild Charge? the place I got it in BW does not exist anymore

Edit: Hey! I've got a doppelgänger! Lookin' fine, bro!
You tried using Google?
That's where you get all the information on TM locations

Schade
2nd April 2013, 7:31 PM
That's not such a bad idea. lol
Ashamed that I did not think of it myself.

Colt45
2nd April 2013, 7:36 PM
I'm terribly uncreative at this sort of thing, but...

Focus Bolt
PP: 20
Power: 150
Priority: -3

Basically, it's the same thing as an electric Focus Punch in that the user has to focus for one move, avoiding getting hit, then unleash the move after the opponent has already gone on that turn. Also, it is special rather than physical.

moneylesswario
2nd April 2013, 9:46 PM
Favorite Electric Move: Volt Switch for its ability to do damage AND switch out the user at the same time.

Electric types I would use as a regional Champion: Electrode- Lead with Magnet Rise, Volt Switch. No explosion because of the nerf.
Jolteon- Agility Baton Passer
Ampharos- Sweeper after Agility boosts
Rotom- Supporter
Luxray- Good physical sweeper/Eelektross- Trolls with no weaknesses and good stats
???

My first impression on electric types: This type is pretty cool!

(Hope this is good enough)

The DragonKnight
3rd April 2013, 7:08 PM
Username: The DragonKnight
Why do you want to join this Club: Electric is my second favorite type. I love a lot of Electric types and really like the Type.
Who am I? Pikachu

OceanicLanturn
4th April 2013, 10:04 AM
I'm terribly uncreative at this sort of thing, but...

Focus Bolt
PP: 20
Power: 150
Priority: -3

Basically, it's the same thing as an electric Focus Punch in that the user has to focus for one move, avoiding getting hit, then unleash the move after the opponent has already gone on that turn. Also, it is special rather than physical.

15/19. Wow, never thought that the submission ate will be some high.

Username: The DragonKnight
Why do you want to join this Club: Electric is my second favorite type. I love a lot of Electric types and really like the Type.
Who am I? Pikachu

Accepted like a baws.

Anyways, thiings had been kind of dead around here. So let's revive here with a topic!

Favourite electric type combination?

Schade
4th April 2013, 11:02 AM
Electric/Steel is my favourite. Mostly because Steel is my favourite Type. Sucks with its weakness to ground but.. Magnet Rise takes care of that.! And also, Electric_Type need some 'special' combinations.
I want to see an Electric and Dark though.

Greatemboar
4th April 2013, 12:17 PM
Electric/Flying is my favourite. Immunity to Ground and it helps Flying types by resisting Electric attacks. My least favourite is Steel/Electric mainly with the x4 weakness to ground and Magnet Rise only helps you for 5 turns.

Nyarlathotep
4th April 2013, 12:25 PM
I like Electric/Bug, not only because Galvantula is awesome, but because pairing Electric with Bug cuts out the weakness to Ground attacks. Electric/Flying is nice as well.

Lluc
4th April 2013, 4:18 PM
My favorite electric type combination would be Electric/Flying because they became immune to ground. It's weaknesses, rock and ice, can be remedied by a steel type attack. This is why my Emolga packs Iron Tail. Plus the designs of all the designs of the Pokemon with this combination are pretty good.

Colt45
4th April 2013, 5:09 PM
I suppose it would be Steel/Electric, even though I'm not a huge fan of the Magnemite line, since it is my 2nd favorite type,

dirkac
4th April 2013, 7:22 PM
My favorite Elctric pairing would probably be Water/Electric. Only weaknesses are Grass and Ground, whixh are easily covered by the Ice Beam basically every Water type learns anyway. And I like Chinchou, Lanturn and Rotom :P

I quite like Bug/Electric too, though. Because it's unique and nt something you would really think of, plus it's two of my favorite types.

:P yeah, activity. Whoo.

The DragonKnight
4th April 2013, 9:06 PM
I like Electric/Water the most as well. It is a great typing and usually has a good move pool.

Water covers the weakness to Ground and Electric covers the weakness to Electric.

dirkac
5th April 2013, 11:05 AM
I like Electric/Water the most as well. It is a great typing and usually has a good move pool.

Water covers the weakness to Ground and Electric covers the weakness to Electric.

Buuut, it doesn't have a wekness to Electric, it has one to Grass, which neither of it's natural type covers, but since bsically every water type learns Ice Beam that's solved too :P

☭Azimuth_055☣
5th April 2013, 5:05 PM
Joining for show.

Username: Azimuth1011
Why do you want to join this Club: Electric is my favourite type.
Who am I? Zekrom (that acceptable?)

Mine would be Electric/Flying, just so I can say this: bye-bye stupid overused earthquake!

Greatemboar
5th April 2013, 11:12 PM
Joining for show.

*Facepalm*
You didn't look at the answer the rest of us gave did you?

OceanicLanturn
6th April 2013, 6:05 PM
Joining for show.

Mine would be Electric/Flying, just so I can say this: bye-bye stupid overused earthquake!

Zekrom? uh... First time in the Club History, denied. Sorry. Try looking at other people's answer for Who Am I.

Anyways, let's make a topic again!

Lightningrod, Motor Drive or Volt Absorb?

I personally like Volt Absorb the most, seeing how it heals you a lot. Lightningrod follows closely, because IMO +1 SAtk sounds more attractive to me than Motor Drive. Besides, Motor Drive has really bad distribution. The only real users are Electrivire, Zebstrika and Emolga, all three that are almost never seen in the shadows of OU. So yeah, poor distribution for Motor Drive's downfall.

T-Bolt
6th April 2013, 7:00 PM

Volt absorb is obviously first, because of the immunity to electric moves and restoring Hp, but to me, Motor drive would be second. Because most of the pokemon getting lightningrod have pitiful SpAtk anyway. Until Zapdos with Lightningrod is released, it isn't all that great.

In doubles and triples though, lightningrod is the best among the three.

Lluc
6th April 2013, 7:12 PM
Lightningrod, I'm an attacker person and the fact it draws in electric type moves is intriguing, This could be really good for doubles and triples so that way others won't be hit by the attack. It's good to pair a Lightningrod Pokemon with a Pokemon weak to electric attacks in doubles and triples.

blisseytank
6th April 2013, 7:14 PM

Electivire as lead, deal as much damage as possible.
Magnezone with Volt Switch.
Whiscash, earthquake power to kill fire types that switched in on Magnezone.
Thundurus (if legendaries are allowed) with Prankster Toxic and Substitute.
Rotom-Lawnmower.
Jolteon as a speedy revenge killer.

Volt Absorb, definitely putting restored HP over Speed or Sp. Attack boost. The longer my sweeper is in the field and is alive the better!

Greatemboar
6th April 2013, 11:09 PM
Motor drive for me.
Electric types are fast most of the time so Motor drive boosts one of the electric types most deadly stats

Colt45
6th April 2013, 11:14 PM
Motor Drive because it sounds cool, and one of my favorite pokemon has it as his ability.

blisseytank
6th April 2013, 11:50 PM
Motor drive for me.
Electric types are fast most of the time so Motor drive boosts one of the electric types most deadly stats

If they are already fast and outspeed an enemy, IMO it is way more efficient to have a Special Attack boost or some extra HP.

dirkac
7th April 2013, 1:49 PM

Electivire as lead, deal as much damage as possible.
Magnezone with Volt Switch.
Whiscash, earthquake power to kill fire types that switched in on Magnezone.
Thundurus (if legendaries are allowed) with Prankster Toxic and Substitute.
Rotom-Lawnmower.
Jolteon as a speedy revenge killer.

Volt Absorb, definitely putting restored HP over Speed or Sp. Attack boost. The longer my sweeper is in the field and is alive the better!

Whiscash is an Electric type?

Anyway...

Electric Types wold use as Champion
Ampharos as lead, to try and Confuse/Paralyze/Slow the enemy.
Rotom-Fridge to absorb Ground type Attacks and counter them.
Magnezone to counter steels that try to wall.
Luxray as Physical attacker.
Electrode as speed.
Lanturn as Main and to deal with pesky Ground Types :P

Lightningrod, Motor Drive, or Volt Absorb?

Volt Absorb, I really prefer a heal to a boost to Speed, Sp. Attack that is lost once it switches anyway.

Saph~
7th April 2013, 5:45 PM
Username:saphirapwns (May be changed with namechange coming up)
Why do you want to join this Club: Because jolteon is awesome. jolteon = electric type :3
Who am I? Pikachu should stay in UU.

OceanicLanturn
8th April 2013, 11:37 AM
Username:saphirapwns (May be changed with namechange coming up)
Why do you want to join this Club: Because jolteon is awesome. jolteon = electric type :3
Who am I? Pikachu should stay in UU.

Accepted!

Also, if anyone are changing names in the near future, please do inform me ^^

Anyways, seeing how this club has kind of slowed down, let's do something fun.

Vote for you Favourite Electric Pokemon!
As the name suggests, you can vote for your favourite Electric Pokemon. The one with the highest vote shall be the club's 'mascot' for April. You can vote three Pokemon. Also, you can only vote once, so choose your Pokemon wisely. Here's an example on how to do stuff

I'll vote for:
Electrivire - 1
Luxray - 1
Joltik - 1

Now, you're poster no. 2. You copy and paste his votes, and add your vote on, in this format

My vote will be
Electrivire - 1
Luxray - 2 +
Joltik - 2 +
Electrike - 1

Clear?

So let me kick it off:

Lanturn - 1
Ampharos - 1
Mareep - 1

Also, all electric type mons can participate, whether NFE, FE or legenday

dirkac
8th April 2013, 2:43 PM
Accepted!

Also, if anyone are changing names in the near future, please do inform me ^^

Anyways, seeing how this club has kind of slowed down, let's do something fun.

Vote for you Favourite Electric Pokemon!
As the name suggests, you can vote for your favourite Electric Pokemon. The one with the highest vote shall be the club's 'mascot' for April. You can vote three Pokemon. Also, you can only vote once, so choose your Pokemon wisely. Here's an example on how to do stuff

Now, you're poster no. 2. You copy and paste his votes, and add your vote on, in this format

Clear?

So let me kick it off:

Lanturn - 1
Ampharos - 1
Mareep - 1

Also, all electric type mons can participate, whether NFE, FE or legenday

I hope this'll revive it :P
If not, I'll bring out a topic that stays around for some time.

Anyway...

Lanturn - 2 +
Ampharos - 2 +
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 1 +

... That was similar :P

Colt45
8th April 2013, 5:38 PM
Lanturn - 2
Ampharos - 2
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 1
Elekid - 1 +
Raikou - 1 +
Rotom - 1 +

Greatemboar
9th April 2013, 1:43 PM
Lanturn-2
Amphoros- 2
Mareep- 1
Chinchou- 2+
Elekid-1
Raikou- 1
Rotom- 1
Luxray- 1+
Magnezone- 1+
Zapdos- 1+

Lluc
12th April 2013, 12:16 AM
Lanturn-3+
Amphoros- 2
Mareep- 1
Chinchou- 2
Elekid-1
Raikou- 1
Rotom- 2+
Luxray- 1
Magnezone- 1
Zapdos- 1
Shinx - 1+

T-Bolt
12th April 2013, 5:09 AM
Lanturn-3
Amphoros- 3+
Mareep- 1
Chinchou- 2
Elekid-1
Raikou- 1
Rotom- 3+
Luxray- 2+
Magnezone- 2+
Zapdos- 1
Shinx - 1

OceanicLanturn
12th April 2013, 12:17 PM
@Three above posters

It's 3 votes per person, not 4. Greatemboar made a mistake. So we're back to:

Lanturn - 2
Ampharos - 2
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 1
Elekid - 1
Raikou - 1
Rotom - 1

Please make amends. thanks.

Also, new topic while this is going:

Which electricity type Pokemon would you like to have for a pet?

Greatemboar
12th April 2013, 12:33 PM
Lanturn - 2
Ampharos - 2
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 2+
Elekid - 1
Raikou - 1
Rotom - 1
Luxray- 1+
Zapdos- 1+

I would have Luxray as a pet because it is a lion and can scare my sisters to death.

T-Bolt
12th April 2013, 1:34 PM
Sorry. Here's my corrected vote-

Lanturn - 2
Ampharos - 3+
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 2
Elekid - 1
Raikou - 1
Rotom - 2+
Luxray- 1
Zapdos- 1
Magnezone-1+

Which electricity type Pokemon would you like to have for a pet?

I'm not really sure having an electric pokemon for a pet is a good idea. But, I guess I would have a Shinx. It's relatively harmless and looks like it would be a good pet.

Lluc
12th April 2013, 10:41 PM
Lanturn - 3+
Ampharos - 3
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 2
Elekid - 1
Raikou - 1
Rotom - 3+
Luxray- 2+
Zapdos- 1
Magnezone-1

What electric type would you like for a type?
Shinx! It's not too big, is a cat so it's pretty much suitable for a pet and it's so adorable! Plus as it evolves it'll look cooler and it can guard the house.

Fluffyy
14th April 2013, 12:22 AM
Lanturn - 3+
Ampharos - 3+
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 2
Elekid - 1
Raikou - 1
Rotom - 3
Luxray- 2 +
Zapdos- 1 +
Magnezone-1

Theres my vote! *Fingers cross Ampharos gets picked xD
------------------------------------------------------

What electric type would you like for a pet?

Hm, although they would probably zap me a lot.. I'd probably pick either Shinx or Emolga. They're both soo cute ^_^!

Anyways, I made a link banner.. cause I was bored, heres one with scanlines and without scanlines.. if you want other certain pokemon, just tell me xD

http://oi49.*******.com/awug6c.jpg

http://i46.*******.com/1zfrga9_th.png

RzK
14th April 2013, 4:02 AM
Lanturn - 3
Ampharos - 3
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 2
Elekid - 1
Raikou - 1
Rotom - 4+
Luxray- 3+
Zapdos- 1
Magnezone-1
Jolteon- 1+
Here is my vote!

pikachu or shinx. Both are very cute.

OceanicLanturn
15th April 2013, 2:55 PM
Lanturn - 3+
Ampharos - 3+
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 2
Elekid - 1
Raikou - 1
Rotom - 3
Luxray- 2 +
Zapdos- 1 +
Magnezone-1

Theres my vote! *Fingers cross Ampharos gets picked xD

Hm, although they would probably zap me a lot.. I'd probably pick either Shinx or Emolga. They're both soo cute ^_^!

Anyways, I made a link banner.. cause I was bored, heres one with scanlines and without scanlines.. if you want other certain pokemon, just tell me xD

http://oi49.*******.com/awug6c.jpg

http://i46.*******.com/1zfrga9_th.png

That looks great Fluffyy. I'd be glad to add it in, but I have to finish up this project.

Now, for a new TOPIC!

What electric type doesn't look like an electric type but still is an electric type?

I personally think Zekrom. Just judging from his exterior, he doesn't look electric to me. Something like Dark/Dragon. Although I personally don't mind it sharing the awesome typing, I've always been a little bit curious.

Lluc
16th April 2013, 2:12 AM
What electric type doesn't look like an electric type but still is an electric type?
To me it would be Voltorb and Electrode. You don't expect these red and white spheres to possess electrical abilities, but they do. These things are famous for causing explosions rather than creating bolts of lightning. If someone gave me their design and asked me to give them a type, I'd give the two a normal typing.

PikaPikaPikachu!
16th April 2013, 7:23 PM
Username: PikaPikaPikachu!
Why do you want to join this Club: I love Electric types, Bug types, and Dragon types. So, you know. Love Pikachu and Jolteon
Who am I? Pika pikaa! :3

moneylesswario
17th April 2013, 12:45 PM
What electric type doesn't look
like an electric type but still is an
electric type?
Mareep/Flaaffy. It might be just the coloring, but it doesn't really strike me as an electric type. It looks more like a normal type to me.

What electric type would you like
for a type?
Electrode, to avoid poachers stealing it altogether. Its the perfect disguise!

OceanicLanturn
20th April 2013, 9:35 AM
Sorry for the inactivity eeveryone. Right now, the poll is winning with Rotom? To those who haven't voted yet. Do you hate Rotom? Then hurry up and vote!

Anyways, new topic.

Favourite Paralysis Strategy? Paraflinch, Parafusion, Parashuffle?

Let me know if I missed out anything. Which of these three do you like the most? IMO I like Paraflinch a lot, but I find it kind of cheap. Especially on Jirachi... Parafusion and Parashuffle are both pretty cool as well.

T-Bolt
20th April 2013, 4:39 PM
Sorry for the inactivity eeveryone. Right now, the poll is winning with Rotom? To those who haven't voted yet. Do you hate Rotom? Then hurry up and vote!

Anyways, new topic.

Favourite Paralysis Strategy? Paraflinch, Parafusion, Parashuffle?

Let me know if I missed out anything. Which of these three do you like the most? IMO I like Paraflinch a lot, but I find it kind of cheap. Especially on Jirachi... Parafusion and Parashuffle are both pretty cool as well.

I hope Rotom wins :p.

Anyway, since I'm relatively new to competitive singles, I haven't had the opportunity to try out any of them except for Parashuffle. Usually I just use thunder wave when I think the opponent's going to switch, and then send in a bulky Pokemon to set up.

Skytorn
21st April 2013, 12:54 AM
So I just add on my vote?

Lanturn - 3
Ampharos - 3
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 2
Elekid - 1
Raikou - 1
Rotom - 3
Luxray- 2
Zapdos- 2 +
Magnezone-1
Manetric - 1 +
Jolteon - 1+

I hope that was right otherwise I'm gonna look like an idiot. ^^'

Which Ele-Type would I like for a pet?

Hmmmm... since I'm a fan of cute small animals, I'd have to go for a pre-evolved Pokemon (this wouldn't normally include Pikachu as eveolved because he's cute but I'm not a fan of him. Raichu's pretty cool though). Between Elektrike, Shinx (the first G4 Pokemon I ever saw BTW), Emolga, Pichu or Plusle or Minun (between those two it's probably be Minun cuz it's blue. Yup that's a valid reason). Even though Eevee is a Normal Type, it does evolve into Jolteon so I'm counting that as well. Like it or lump it.

RzK
21st April 2013, 8:36 AM
I hope Rotom wins :p.

Anyway, since I'm relatively new to competitive singles, I haven't had the opportunity to try out any of them except for Parashuffle. Usually I just use thunder wave when I think the opponent's going to switch, and then send in a bulky Pokemon to set up.
I am surprised that you didn't vote for Jolteon...it is your avatar and all...
Thunder Wave is always a crippling strategy Imo.

Lluc
21st April 2013, 5:03 PM
Favorite Paralysis Strategy? Paraflinch, Parafusion, Parashuffle?
Since I like dealing damage to my enemy I do like Parafusion. It's either to be stuck in paralysis or hitting yourself. I like status ailments that make the foe slowly lose their health.

Greatemboar
26th April 2013, 12:46 AM
My favourite paralysis strategy is paraflinch.
Since its easy to do with the deadly thunder fang

☭Azimuth_055☣
26th April 2013, 6:47 PM
Made a mistake with the last one so I'll do this again...

Why do you want to join this Club: Electric types are great as they tend to have awesome special attacks and, the electric type is also my favourite type alongside Dragon.
Who am I? Pikachu.

RzK
27th April 2013, 10:25 AM
I would like somebody to suggest a good moveset for a Luxray in an OU rain team, or if any other Pokémon are better than it. One spot is surely Thunder because of it's accuracy in Rain. What else?
BTW Will there be a tourney soon? And who won the make-a-move contest?

Greatemboar
27th April 2013, 12:54 PM
I would like somebody to suggest a good moveset for a Luxray in an OU rain team, or if any other Pokémon are better than it. One spot is surely Thunder because of it's accuracy in Rain. What else?

Pick some moves that will stop those sun teams in their tracks since most sun teams have a Ninetales rain dance would come in handy and to stop those grass types use fire fang or ice fang then have shock wave (you can get this by breeding Zebstrika or Emolga with Luxray) since it can't miss and can leave a nasty mark on any Charizard that joins that battle in hopes of sweeping you with its Hidden Ability Solar power.

moneylesswario
30th April 2013, 5:35 PM
Lanturn - 3
Ampharos - 3
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 2
Elekid - 1
Raikou - 1
Electrode - 1+
Rotom - 3
Luxray- 2
Zapdos- 2
Magnezone-1
Manetric - 1
Jolteon - 1

Parafusion, if it works. Paraflinch seems kind of redundant, and I don't see much point in Parashuffle, least of all if the opponent has Heal bell.

OceanicLanturn
1st May 2013, 4:32 AM
Lanturn - 3
Ampharos - 3
Mareep - 1
Chinchou - 2
Elekid - 1
Raikou - 1
Electrode - 1+
Rotom - 3
Luxray- 2
Zapdos- 2
Magnezone-1
Manetric - 1
Jolteon - 1

Parafusion, if it works. Paraflinch seems kind of redundant, and I don't see much point in Parashuffle, least of all if the opponent has Heal bell.

You can choose three actually.

Right, another topic to keep activity up!

Hopes and Wishes for Gen 6 as an electric fan?

Lluc
1st May 2013, 11:28 PM
I'm not an electrical powered fan, I'm a person! Joking aside, I would like some new reliable electric moves in this gen but I can live without some. What I want even more is for the electric rodent of this gen to be a hamster! I love hamsters and a hamster Pokemon would be awesome, and an adorable electric one would be even better! That might not be too likely but a guy can dream can't he?

T-Bolt
2nd May 2013, 7:22 PM

Um, more Rotom forms. Rotom's my favourite electric type, and I guess Gamefreak could come up with some more ideas for Rotom forms. I was thinking of a steel/electric Rotom form with Metal burst as its signature move. Maybe Blender Rotom or Television Rotom.

OceanicLanturn
6th May 2013, 4:19 PM

Um, more Rotom forms. Rotom's my favourite electric type, and I guess Gamefreak could come up with some more ideas for Rotom forms. I was thinking of a steel/electric Rotom form with Metal burst as its signature move. Maybe Blender Rotom or Television Rotom.

I think Six (or something) Rotom forme is enough for me. Each Rotom forme are unique in their own ways. Lol, and who can forget about the famous x4 ground immunity Rotom?

I wish for more diversed electric types like maybe electric/fighting. I also want more physical based moves. Another thing I really want is an Electric/Steel type with Levitate. Do you know that the said Pokemon will resist BoltBeam AND EdgeQuake Combo? It'll leave the said Pokemon with a -fighting and -fire weakness, as well as resistance to electric, ice, rock, grass, dark, ghost, psychic, dragon, normal, steel, bug and flying, and a immunity to Poison and Ground.

That means 14/17 of all typings hit him for resisted damage. It'll put a good stop to stuff like dragons, since they only have fire moves to blast this said Pokemon. And with fire blast/punch, you can switch into Heatran and get a free boost! Awesome!

Hikatoshi26
6th May 2013, 9:29 PM
I wanna join this club!

Username: Hikatoshi26
Why do you want to join this Club: I am a huge fan of electric types. I always use the electric rodents for their speed and power.

Who am I? I would be Galvantula. Spiders are awesome!

Greatemboar
8th May 2013, 5:05 PM
Sorry I've been inactive
I've had family matters to attend to

Colt45
8th May 2013, 5:09 PM
I wanna join this club!

Username: Hikatoshi26
Why do you want to join this Club: I am a huge fan of electric types. I always use the electric rodents for their speed and power.

Who am I? I would be Galvantula. Spiders are awesome!
Um.... I think you missed the point of the question. What happened to the first part of it? lol

moneylesswario
10th May 2013, 4:06 AM
I want Raichu to get some sort of boost, something to put it above Raichu. It's pretty unfair that Light Ball now raises BOTH attack stats, it should raise only Sp. Attack. Pikachu may be inferior in other aspects, but Raichu isn't much better. It has good speed, but not so good everything else.
Of course, knowing GF, it will turn out to be a speed boosting item...

T-Bolt
14th May 2013, 2:26 PM
There's a new electric type Pokemon!

It's called Helioptile, and might be based on the frilled lizard.

http://sunyshore.com/scrap/helioptile01.png

So what do you guys think?

Plus, there's an Electric type Giga drain called Parobolic charge.

Skytorn
15th May 2013, 9:01 PM
Sorry for the inactivity. It's exam week and I've been revising like crazy.

Guess what my avatar is...

Helioptile is really cool looking. I'm really enjoying the G6 designs. I can't wait for X/Y.

Parobolic Charge, huh? I think it would be interesting to see and energy draining Electric type move. I think so far only Grass, Ghost and maybe a few other types have that sort of thing. i'd like to see all of the other moves they have plan for G6, hopefully more Electric type moves.

Hopes and wishes for G6 as an Electric type fan?

I'm not looking for anything in particular... More Electric Pokemon!

CGS
16th May 2013, 4:19 AM
Username: Shadow1624
Why do you want to join this Club: I feel in love with Electric types in gen 1 with pikachu
Who am I? pikachu

Shayminslicker
17th May 2013, 4:29 AM

Its great! The only real problem is its typing giving it 1 more weakness. I really hope that changes if it evolves.

fitzy909
17th May 2013, 7:23 AM
parabolc charge is good. it gives electric types a hopefully decent recovery move that also does damage. hopefully it will be as powerful as giga drain is. as for helioptile, it's typing leaves much to be desired. normal doesn't gice it anything useful, all it does is add on a weakness to fighting. still a cool looking pokemon.

Lluc
17th May 2013, 7:25 PM
The only reason I can see it being half normal is for STAB. I don't how the design would make it seem like a normal type. Maybe it's dex entry can tell us. As for competitive purposes I don't know if having STAB for normal moves is that big of a deal.

OceanicLanturn
24th May 2013, 3:49 AM
Sorry for the inactivity everyone!

Anyways, let's talk about something different!

Worst Electric type in your opinion?
Plusle/Minun for me. Plus and Minus can be used by different Pokemon in doubles, such as Ampharos and Manetric, and Baton Pass+Nasty Plot isn't the best strategy in doubles too. So..

Lluc
24th May 2013, 4:07 AM
Worst Electric type in your opinion?
To me it would the Elekid line. They just seem really bland compared to the other electric types and I think they look hideous. I love electric types for their cute and/or cool designs. Sure they can be tough but Its always character design for me.

Skytorn
26th May 2013, 2:41 AM
Worst Electric type?

The what I like to call "Pikachu clones". This counts for Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga and any others. They just suck in my opinion.

I've never been too much of a fan of the Magnemite line. They all look really bland when it comes to design so I never use them and don't know their strength...

RzK
4th June 2013, 9:58 AM
Where is everyone?
Sorry for my inactivity, though...
Okay, worst Electric type..?? Hmm.
I'd say Plusle and Minun, they do not look too original, not viable competitively much, plus the reason they came into existence was to show off double battles in Gen III.
Oceanic Lanturn, are we having a tourney anytime soon?

Naistheais
26th June 2013, 7:11 PM
Username: Naistheais
Why do you want to join this Club: I love electric types and I enjoy trying to go tthrough every Pokemon game I get with just one electric type!
Who am I? Pikachu

FairyWitch
26th June 2013, 7:23 PM
Username: Eeveelover824
Why do you want to join this Club: Electric are not bad pokemon there pretty electrifying XD
Who am I? Pikachu XD

mew 2000
29th June 2013, 6:07 AM
Username: mew 2000
Why do you want to join this Club: because my pickachu/raichu fanboyness that and elect type being one of my favorites
Who am I? pickachu :p

OceanicLanturn
30th June 2013, 2:06 PM
Username: Naistheais
Why do you want to join this Club: I love electric types and I enjoy trying to go tthrough every Pokemon game I get with just one electric type!
Who am I? Pikachu

Username: Eeveelover824
Why do you want to join this Club: Electric are not bad pokemon there pretty electrifying XD
Who am I? Pikachu XD

Username: mew 2000
Why do you want to join this Club: because my pickachu/raichu fanboyness that and elect type being one of my favorites
Who am I? pickachu :p

All accepted. Sorry for the inactivity guys, I'll try my best to keep this club alive and start updating.

Anyways, right now, let's do a Discuss a Electric Type Pokemon. I'm thinking of kicking it, sort of like the POTW to keep activity going. However, instead of doing competitive sets, we will do with stuff like asthetic appeals, thoughts, your favorite in-game set etc etc. And of course, post your favorite competitive set if you want.

Let's make it like Pokemon Contests, just talk about the Pokemon really. Here is a form to fill out.

Pokemon:
Cute: /10
Tough: /10
Cool: /10
Smart: /10
Beauty: /10
Others (Thoughts Comments ETC):

Let's kick off, with the original electric type...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/025.gif

*Currently STILL looking for a co-lead* Also updating the members list and vming everyone about da revival :3

dirkac
30th June 2013, 2:13 PM
My Zekrom I've been gone long :P

Am I still member of the CLub?

._.

In case I am, um...

Pokemon: Pikachu
Cute: 8/10
Tough: 3/10
Cool: 4/10
Smart: 5/10
Beauty: 4/10
Others I personally don't really like Pikachu cause of over-ratedness and it's god-like Animé portrayal. :P It has it's uses though, and it's still cute. But give me Chinchou or Shinx anyday :P

... Sorry for extreme inactivity.

So... OceanicLanturn used Revive on Electric-Type Fan Club!

:P

RzK
30th June 2013, 3:16 PM
I am back here before the VM :)
Sorry for the Inactivity! Anyway, i'll try to be more active....

mew 2000
1st July 2013, 4:21 AM
B]Pokemon:[/B]pickachu
Cute:11 /10
Tough:6.5 /10
Cool: 4.2/10
Smart:8 /10
Beauty: 4/10
Others (Thoughts Comments ETC): Mainly just my bias but pickachu is the the best elct pokemon ever love it in the anime and in game ( altough once and awhile i will evolve it mainly because i need the man power to pull out a win and pickachus just not enough well helped me in my emerald playthough)

FairyWitch
2nd July 2013, 1:17 AM
hmmm alright i see so we just talk about a electric poke? just a bit confused >.<

Pokemon: Jolteon
Cute: 9/10
Tough:10 /10
Cool: 10/10
Smart:10 /10
Beauty: 9/10
Others (Thoughts Comments ETC): a cool pokemon XD

ThunDuel
3rd July 2013, 8:41 PM
Username:ThunDuel
Why do you want to join this Club: Electric Types are my favourite type(tie with ghost) and most designs are EPIC!!! they also cant be paralysed(damm paralysis) and are SUPER FAST! in short, ELECTRIC TYPEZ RULE!!!
Who am I? Obviously the ORIGIONAL GEN 1 ELECTRIC PKMN and the face of Pokemon, PIKACHUUUUUUUUU *Uses Thunderbolt*

Naistheais
5th July 2013, 8:27 AM
Pokemon: Pikachu!
Cute: 10/10
Tough: 5/10
Cool: 6/10
Smart: 8/10
Beauty: 6/10
Others (Thoughts Comments ETC): Pikachu really isn't made to be most of the things that we're judging it on, basically Pikachu is just cute and somewhat smart as shown by Ash's Pikachu in the anime.

Schade
5th July 2013, 12:29 PM
I think I'm still in this Club..?

And worst Electric-Type? Hmm, that's a tough... Pikafřkkingschu!
I hate that little critter. Not strong at all, repulsive design and bad moves. He's cute in the anime though

OceanicLanturn
5th July 2013, 4:59 PM
Username:ThunDuel
Why do you want to join this Club: Electric Types are my favourite type(tie with ghost) and most designs are EPIC!!! they also cant be paralysed(damm paralysis) and are SUPER FAST! in short, ELECTRIC TYPEZ RULE!!!
Who am I? Obviously the ORIGIONAL GEN 1 ELECTRIC PKMN and the face of Pokemon, PIKACHUUUUUUUUU *Uses Thunderbolt*

You're in. :3

Anyways, the point of this is that we're gonna rate a Pokemon (for fun) and we tally up the scores and all and compare scores. It'll be renewed. Also guys, feel free to include competitive sets or in-game sets!

Here's my rating of Pikachu:
Cute: 7/10
Tough: 5/10
Cool: 8/10
Smart: 8/10
Beauty: 5/10
Others (Thoughts Comments ETC): I'm not a huge fan of Pikachu actually. Being the Franchise God and Mascot, it isn't what mosst players make out to be. It's also a bit annoying, because those who watched the animes would've seen the 'Pikachu in a pinch, everything looks bad until...' thing. Nonetheless, It's pretty cute, and in irl having a Pikachu pillow/whatever is just cool.

I've actually never used a Piakchu in-game. Shame on me? :P

A topic while we're at it (btw anyone can create topics)

What electric type would you have as a pet in real life?

Naistheais
5th July 2013, 6:41 PM
If I had an electric type pet it would probably be a Pikachu, Emolga, Jolteon, or Zapdos.

Do half electric types count?

dirkac
5th July 2013, 9:14 PM
What electric type would you have as a pet in real life?

Toughie.

Either... Joltik, because I don't need to feed it anything other than Electricity which it can leech off of the neighbours
Or Chinchou. Cuz it's Chinchou.

Dragoniss
6th July 2013, 5:23 AM
Hooo more clubs for me to join :D

Username: Dragoniss
Why do you want to join this Club: I've always had a fondness to Electric types, it all started with Pikachu when playing Yellow version. Now I feel a bit empty if I don't have one on my team. Also their designs are always really over the top and cool. Thunder looks amazing in PBR.
Who am I? Pikachu ;)

OceanicLanturn
6th July 2013, 8:59 AM
Hooo more clubs for me to join :D

Username: Dragoniss
Why do you want to join this Club: I've always had a fondness to Electric types, it all started with Pikachu when playing Yellow version. Now I feel a bit empty if I don't have one on my team. Also their designs are always really over the top and cool. Thunder looks amazing in PBR.
Who am I? Pikachu ;)

Accepted!!!! :D

My pet would be... Ampharos! Mareep would be cool too. It'd light stuff up whenever I need it :3. And it'll make a big hugging friend, as long as it doesn't have Static :P

FairyWitch
6th July 2013, 7:29 PM
I personally like amphros design its cool pokemon to see and lol oceanic XD never hug a electric pokemon unless your wearing resisting electric shock gloves like ash LOL

dirkac
6th July 2013, 7:34 PM
I personally like amphros design its cool pokemon to see and lol oceanic XD never hug a electric pokemon unless your wearing resisting electric shock gloves like ash LOL

^.^ that is so true. Unless said Poké is Tynamo, since it only deals damage in chains of Tynamo (according to Pokédex).

On topic of Tynamo, unless Gastro Acid is used on it or something, Tynamo having the ability to learn Magnet Rise is justvtotal Fail.

OceanicLanturn
7th July 2013, 5:51 PM
Welp, just tallying and adding the scores for Pikachu

Cute: 8.8 /10 : Looks like the Mascot of Pokemon, and electric types, certainly live up to its name for its merchandise-ness.
Tough: 5.9 /10 : Apparently the score shows that nobody really thought Pikachu was tough and defensive as concrete steel, thank you anime misconception.
Cool: 6.44 /10 : Cuter than cooler, huh?
Smart: 7.8/10 : Not bad! I guess it's face looks smart, or maybe it's just Ash's Pikachu.
Beauty: 6.6/10 : Pikachu should go to Kalos to get some cosmetics D:

Overall score: 7.1 / 10: Pretty good for a Pokemon that gets hype!
Sets: <None recommended>

@dirkac: I guess having Magnet Rise was for asthetic reasons, sort of like how our favorite x4 ground immune electric type mon is...

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/479-s.gif
Same form, discuss away! also, recommend some sets too please!

Pokemon:
Cute: /10
Tough: /10
Cool: /10
Smart: /10
Beauty: /10
Others (Thoughts Comments ETC):

dirkac
7th July 2013, 7:30 PM
Soo, Rotom Fan Forme? K.

Pokemon: Rotom Fan Forme
Cute: 10/10 Just look at it. Look at it. Tell me how that's not cute.
Tough: 3/10 Well, it doesn't look all too tough...
Cool: 8/10 It's a fan possessed by a ghost made of plasma. How is that not cool?
Smart: 7/10 It just looks... Smart :P
Beauty: 4/10 It's fine... Won't goaround winning Master Beauty Ribbons though!
Others (Thoughts Comments ETC): It doesn't look tough... It's more graceful. Despite it's ability being useless, I like it.

Latch
20th July 2013, 6:04 AM
B]Username:[/B] dahrue
Why do you want to join this Club: Electric types are extremely powerful and just an awesome, electrifying design!
Who am I? PIKACHU.

R2J
23rd July 2013, 10:07 AM
Username: R2J
Why do you want to join this Club: Because I love electric types mainly Pichu and Richu
Who am I? Pikachu

PikaRunaway97
27th July 2013, 11:18 PM
Username: PikaRunaway97
Why do you want to join this club: I haven't joined any clubs yet here on Serbii.net and this seems like a good club
Give me an orb and I'll be stronger. Give me a stone and I'll evolve,but I don't want that. I am the face of a legend,and have a move of my own!
Who am I?: Pikachu

TheSimplePickle
29th July 2013, 3:08 AM
Wow, my first club. Hope I don't screw this up.

Username: TheSimplePickle
Why do you want to join this Club: I love electric-type Pokemon, every team I play with will include at least ONE electric type. I've been fascinated with them since I got my first Pikachu in Yellow. Now, there's almost 40 of them, and I hope to catch them all!
Who am I?: Pikachu, duh!

fitzy909
29th July 2013, 8:08 PM
Pokemon: Rotom Fan Forme
Cute: 9/10 that is pretty cute.
Tough: 3/10 yeah not the most threatening thing in the world.
Cool: 8/10 A possessed fan is definitely cool. (Also fans are meant to keep you cool)
Smart: 6/10 ehh...no comment.
Beauty: 3/10 not overly beautiful...
Others (Thoughts Comments ETC): a nice pokemon it is just a shame that its ability is useless.

here's a set that can be fairly good and confusion coupled with either burn or paralysis is a nightmare.

- Thunder Wave / Discharge
- Confuse Ray
- Air Slash
- Pain Split / Will-O-Wisp / Substitute
Item Attached: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SAtk / 56 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

Volts
3rd August 2013, 10:03 PM
Username: Volts
Why do you want to join this Club: Always loved Electric types since Gen 1
Who am I? Pikachu

jasonx816
18th August 2013, 5:24 PM
Username: Jasonx816
Why do you want to join this Club: My favorite pokemon of all time is Electabuzz, he/she is a great pokemon to have strong, alright with speed, the works. He owns Red like no one I've seen before, and for that I love Electabuzz, I also like Raichu very useful to have, all in all it's a great type.
Who am I? I'm gonna say Pikachu.

pikachu780
18th August 2013, 10:22 PM
I want to join because electric is the coolest type and my favorite electric type is pikachu because it knows thunderbolt my favorite move and my favorite gym leader is volkner because he has raichu.

pikachu780
18th August 2013, 10:28 PM
My pet electric type would be pachirisu or zebstrika because i could hug pachirisu but ride a zebstrika.

pikachu780
22nd August 2013, 11:17 AM
Give me an orb and I'll be stronger,give me a stone and I'll evolve,but i don't want that. I am the face of a legend,and I have a move of my own. Who am I? my favourite electric type pikachu.

SiLeNtDeViL609
6th September 2013, 3:08 PM
Username:SiLeNtDeViL609
Why do you want to join this Club:Electric was the first type that i used when i started playing pokemon, a friend tricked me into trading my starter for an electabuzz. Ever since then I've loved electric types
Who am I? Its Pikachu of course

Princess Raspberyl
6th September 2013, 7:52 PM
Username: Princess Raspberyl
Why do you want to join this Club: Cuz I've always loved Electric types, they're so amazing~!<3
Who am I?
Pikachu, my favorite Pokemon! :3

PANxSamus
13th October 2013, 2:49 AM
Username:PANxSamus
Why do you want to join this Club:Ever since I started playing pokemon my favorite and obviously best type of pokemon is electric types
Who am I? Pikachu :3

OceanicLanturn
15th October 2013, 3:25 PM
Well, since this club is still actually going despite me sort of giving up on it due to inactivity, I'm approving everyone. Because I'm so nice :3

Let's discuss the new Pokemon that'll be joining the rank of electric ranks of XY. For spoilers' sake, I've decided to keep everything under a spoiler tag for those who want to go spoiler-less for a bit.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/694.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/695.pnghttp://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon/702.png

Definitely not the number expected. Out of these three, which one is your favorite?

Credits to Serebii

DigitalWilderness93
6th February 2014, 2:14 AM
Username:DigitalWilderness93
Why do you want to join this Club: Out of all the types of pokemon I've always loved Electric types. Mostly how they look and the power they have. I've also really liked the Electric gym leaders!
Who am I? The one and only electric mouse! Pikachu!