PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Chronicles

Pages : [1] 2

PiPikachu
4th April 2005, 1:43 PM
There has been much speculation to wether or not his show is the Hoso's, well i think we can 99.9% confirm this after reading a press release on Toonami Uk's website that states.

"The biggest Japanese phenomenon of the 21st century is back with a WORLD EXCLUSIVE of a brand new show, Pokemon Chronicles.

Ash,Brock,Misty,Tracey, Professor Oak are back in a series of unmissable adventures where each Pokémon Chronicles reveals a distinct tale of mystery surrounding one of its characters.

Collect a brand new episode every week to find out even more about the characters from the most successful anime show in the world...

Pokémon Chronicles - you got ta catch 'em all."

so i think this pretty much confirms they are the hoso's

Source - http://europe.turnerinfo.com/pdf/GBR/TOON/highlights/Toonami%20May%20highlights%2005.pdf

munchmonlee
4th April 2005, 1:46 PM
What happens to May?

Serebii
4th April 2005, 1:47 PM
These are the HOSOs not a continuation of AG so May is hardly in it, in fact I think shes in one for like 2 minutes

Knife
4th April 2005, 1:48 PM
It's the Hosos munchmonlee that were never aired in the US

Sharpshooter
4th April 2005, 1:52 PM
Well that's the confirmation we needed from Toonami. Incidently, this being released 12 days before it gets released on DVD here. So it's good news all round for the UK! Finally.

Factory Head Noland
4th April 2005, 1:54 PM
So it is the Hoso series! The Hoso series is great, finally getting dubbed! And they are airing in the UK first.

I've seen a few of the episodes and really enjoyed them, I'm glad that they are coming next month, Wednesday 11th of May. Toonami don't usually play episodes of something just once a week, they are usually on all week.

PiPikachu
4th April 2005, 1:56 PM
leaves me stuck thinking wether to

a) watch them on tv only
b) watch them on dvd only
c) watch on tv and buy the dvd's

somehow i suspect i will probably choose c but heh :P

Factory Head Noland
4th April 2005, 1:59 PM
Go for c), that's what I'm gonna do. Are the DVDs coming out in the UK stores?

Sharpshooter
4th April 2005, 2:00 PM
I'd take C :P

The only thing of course though is that judging from the original, Toonami don't edit things all that well. We never get "Who's that pokémon?", rarely do we get Pikachu's jukebox, and occasionally they don't even play the opening theme song.

It's all good still but I do hope Toonami give us the whole package this time without cuttng any of the special features out of it.

ivan2149
4th April 2005, 2:05 PM
any word on the us date

Ppk01
4th April 2005, 2:05 PM
Toonami/Cartoon Network/Boomerang do that to nearly ALL of their shows.
And do bear in mind, the DVD release has not been confirmed. It merely showed up on Play.com one fine day.

Sharpshooter
4th April 2005, 2:08 PM
And do bear in mind, the DVD release has not been confirmed. It merely showed up on Play.com one fine day.

And Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007XBL12/qid=1112619709/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-3473649-0060452

Since two sources have confirmed it now I'd like to think it would be quite reliable.

Dogasu
4th April 2005, 2:22 PM
I'm going to go ahead and sticky this so that we don't have dozens of users coming to this board starting new threads because they "just found out" this news.

PiPikachu
4th April 2005, 3:47 PM
WhSmiths confirm the dvd being released too
http://www.whsmith.co.uk/WHS/Go.asp?isbn=CTD10323&DB=622 - Probably looking at a Shop Price of - Ł12 - Ł15

Factory Head Noland
4th April 2005, 4:27 PM
Well that definatly confirms it, WHSmiths are rarely wrong (if ever).

I'm going for c).

Alfonso
4th April 2005, 5:25 PM
I'd like to know what frikking retard thought that ASH deserves to be mentioned in a sum-up of the Hosos. >.>

And what Team Rocket, who had two, and Richie?

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th April 2005, 5:32 PM
I just thought.

Since Toonami cut out the openings, does this mean we won't know if the opening is new?

Anyway, I hav a good chance of getting it on DVD and watching it.

High Commander Solomon
4th April 2005, 5:38 PM
I just thought.

Did it hurt? But seriously, why DID they mention Ash? He has nothing to do with it! I also wonder whether or not the Raikou Special made it.

CyberCubed
4th April 2005, 5:40 PM
Aw, no mention of Raikou!

It's looking like we'll never see the Raikou special dubbed. They would have mentioned it in the teaser if it was part of the series.

MidnightScott
4th April 2005, 5:46 PM
I heard there only gonna be on DVD and 3 will be shown on Toonami in the UK >_<;;
Guess I'll have to buy the DVD(s)

-Scott-;229;
Will the other Specials ever be on DVD, such as the Raikou?

Alfonso
4th April 2005, 5:50 PM
Wha, what? The DVD is going to be released in the UK? (WHSmith?)

Wow. That makes it the first non-Movie DVD to be released in AGES. Or even the first no-Movie DVD EVER, because I never saw the first series' being put onto DVD over here. :3

Emma Iveli
4th April 2005, 6:49 PM
;_; why does the UK yet no news in the US? I hope it comes here.

Gigi
4th April 2005, 7:25 PM
;_; why does the UK yet no news in the US? I hope it comes here.

It's on Amazon. I think that's plenty of evidence that it's coming here. O_o;

Emma Iveli
4th April 2005, 7:36 PM

It's Amazon UK, not the US one. I checked there is no sign of it.

Torkoal Stu
4th April 2005, 7:40 PM

It was Amazon uk theres a difference.

Gigi
4th April 2005, 7:58 PM
Uhkay... Right... And the UK has a different region code I'm assuming.

Emma Iveli
4th April 2005, 8:50 PM
Yes, US is 1 while UK is 2. Japan is also 2 unforntly.

Jesse GS the II
4th April 2005, 9:23 PM
So it's just the HoSos? Nuts, I was looking forward to seeing Dani and Yoshi...

Still, if it gets an American DVD release, it'll probably be the first "Pokémon" DVD I've ever purchased.

Medea
4th April 2005, 9:45 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again...Ain't that a *****! Well either way, hope it does come to the U.S. someday *sigh*

Factory Head Noland
4th April 2005, 9:55 PM
It's about time that the UK got something before the US!

CyberCubed
4th April 2005, 10:34 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again...Ain't that a *****! Well either way, hope it does come to the U.S. someday *sigh*

4kids stated it's coming out in the Fall for the U.S in their press release. No need to get paranoid over something so trivial.

High Commander Solomon
4th April 2005, 11:10 PM
Coming out in that fall - does this mean on TV or DVD?

Gigi
4th April 2005, 11:26 PM
Here's a nice solution for everyone; in the US or not. Buy a region code-free DVD player and import from the country that gets it first. :P
Me? I'm good with the Japanese version, so I likely won't even watch Chronicles.

Anti-Richie
5th April 2005, 12:00 AM
I've just emailed Contender (company releasing the Chronicles DVD) for the second time after a month, following no response to my first email:

Hello,

I understand that you are releasing a DVD entitled "The Pokémon Chronicles - Volume 1" on 23/05/05. I am writing to enquire whether you can give me any details at all about the content of DVD (such as episode titles or a basic plot synopsis), as this sounds like a very interesting release to a Pokémon fan like myself.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

*My name*

Surely they must have something on DVD. We're only a month and half away from it's release. Let's hope I get better luck this time.

High Commander Solomon
5th April 2005, 12:49 AM
Well, that's a clever idea, in the sense that it should have been painfully obvious to all of us (including myself) but never was.

Sharpshooter
5th April 2005, 3:25 AM
I've just emailed Contender (company releasing the Chronicles DVD) for the second time after a month, following no response to my first email:

Hello,

I understand that you are releasing a DVD entitled "The Pokémon Chronicles - Volume 1" on 23/05/05. I am writing to enquire whether you can give me any details at all about the content of DVD (such as episode titles or a basic plot synopsis), as this sounds like a very interesting release to a Pokémon fan like myself.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

*My name*

Surely they must have something on DVD. We're only a month and half away from it's release. Let's hope I get better luck this time.

Well good luck as I emailed play.com about the product a few weeks ago and they couldn't give me any more details about it. Alas, I'm hoping we'll get an image of the chronicles volume one before it gets released, at least so it looks believable.

Waterlight
5th April 2005, 1:06 PM
I've just pre-ordered them off Amazon. When it says Volume 1 on Amazon, is there more than 1 DVD of 'em, the?

PiPikachu
5th April 2005, 2:33 PM
I've just pre-ordered them off Amazon. When it says Volume 1 on Amazon, is there more than 1 DVD of 'em, the?

There looks to be more than one volume as i cannot see all *supposed* 26 episodes being released one disc

Serebii
5th April 2005, 2:35 PM
22 Episodes Daz...its 22 ;)

Rikku.
5th April 2005, 3:28 PM
Well this is good news, something fresh and new to watch Pokemon-wise. I hope Toonami air it at a decent time like 4:30pm (unlike SkyOne & Mix where I usually miss the Hoenn eps due to sleeping). I'm looking forward to this :)

I probably won't end up buying the DVDs once I've watched the set on TV, although it's cool for it to be sold in the shops.

Torchic23
5th April 2005, 3:32 PM
I posted that one at the top using muncchmonlee`s name.he hates may I like her she`s my favorite

Ferret
5th April 2005, 5:42 PM
I must say that Pokémon Chronicles being released over here seemingly first is the best news in a long time, and has reinterested me in the Pokémon anime again.

Woo!

Anti-Richie
5th April 2005, 7:53 PM
WARNING! POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW!

I actually received a reply my email from Contender Entertainment today. It listed the episodes on the upcoming DVD! Here's the email:

Hi there (my name),

Many thanks for your email.

I have listed the episode names and synopsis below – I hope this is enough info for you. Please come back to me should you require any further detail.

The Legend of Thunder (feature length episode)
Team Rocket’s newest villains, Attila and Hun, set out to capture the legendary Pokémon Raikou, in order to harness its power and use it to take over the world.

Pikachu’s Winter Vacation - Delibird’s Dilemma and Snorlax Snowman
Delibird’s Dilemma – An enormous snowball knocks Delibird from the sky and scatters his bag of presents throughout the village.
Snorlax Snowman – While helping their new friend Snorlax find its way home, Pikachu and pals battle a wild whirlpool, encounter an undersea Pokémon haven and witness the beauty of the Northern Lights!

A Family That Battles Together Stays Together!
Brock returns to his hometown of Pewter City to find that his mother has turned the once-proud Pewter City Gym into a cute and pretty gym for Water-Type Pokémon.

With thanks and kind regards

Poonam Sahota
Senior Product Manager - Childrens /General Interest

So it would seem aswell as the regular Hosos we are getting the Raikou special, plus another Pikachu's Winter Vacation.

Serebii
5th April 2005, 7:58 PM
Whoa Awesome

Geki
5th April 2005, 8:04 PM
I live in the US and I think they'll probably just come straight to the US by DVD. KidsWb owns Pokemon now, so Cartoon Network can't air chronicles. KidsWb most likely will every saturday with a new AG episode too. I hope for the US it just comes straight to DVD because KidsWb only will show one new one a week, and it's just plain stupid. BTW, I hate when CN shows Pokemon, it ruins it completely. It doesn't air the theme song, and it's on at ridiculous times like 7:00 PM. Most people are eating dinner, doing homework, getting ready for bed [little kids], cleaning their rooms, or something else. BTW, on the Raikou one, it says that Atilla and Hun are the rivals. right? In History, there was a famous hun leader called Attilla the Hun and he raided like a savage. Most people who have high school history know about this. ;rukario;

♥Princess Ketchum♥
5th April 2005, 8:08 PM
cool pokemon chroniclas looks good and i might watch it and get the dvd too

Gilbertman
5th April 2005, 8:20 PM
yes awesome coolness cant wai to get my hands on them

WTF? Atilla and Hun? what the crap is with those names? eeek ill stick with calling them Bashou and Buson

CyberCubed
5th April 2005, 8:27 PM
4kids so ripped off the name "Hun" from TMNT. Since they make both shows, it makes sense.

So the first DVD has the Raikou special, a Winter Vacation, and the Brock hoso? Considering the Raikou special is over an hour, it's pretty damn awesome.

Looks like the second DVD will start with the Misty episode.

Emma Iveli
5th April 2005, 8:37 PM
I hope it comes here (US), becuase the whole thing with UK gettign it first. Also I'm so happy the Crystal Specel is finnaly coming (if it comes here that it).

PiPikachu
5th April 2005, 8:45 PM
wth Atilla & Hun terrible :P - Nice to see they've more or less kept the original title of the raikou special, be nice to see if they've kept the music too :P

but on the whole these all sound pretty cool :D

Shigeru-kun
5th April 2005, 8:53 PM
I hope it comes here (US), becuase the whole thing with UK gettign it first. Also I'm so happy the Crystal Specel is finnaly coming (if it comes here that it).
I don't think you have much to worry about. When WB aired the 7th movie, their ratings went through the roof! For them not the release these in the U.S. would be absolute murder.

Ethereal
5th April 2005, 8:53 PM
It is coming to America sooner or later, guys...Remember that KidsWB press release that announced it a while ago?

Shigeru-kun
5th April 2005, 8:57 PM
It is coming to America sooner or later, guys...Remember that KidsWB press release that announced it a while ago?
Well not only that, but it'd be pretty stupid not to release them in the country they were dubbed in. XD Especially since the UK rarely gets the DVD's. If they're getting them, I think it's given we will. ^^;

V Faction
5th April 2005, 8:59 PM
Boo, Atilla and Hun!

Wait, what the heck am I saying? Those two aren't any better or worse. than Jessie and James, Butch and Cassidy, and Anne and Oakley. Get over it people. Hell, be glad that Legend of Thunder's on the DVD!

Ethereal
5th April 2005, 9:00 PM
I just hope KidsWB! airs the eps....*crosses fingers*

Tamer Zack
5th April 2005, 9:13 PM
Nice titles I wonder if they are going to cut out some of the stuff in The Legend of Thunder.

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th April 2005, 9:23 PM
I can't think of anything they would...although if anything they may cut out the part where Buson advances on Marina.

I know they'll keep the gratutious overtones between B&B, though. They're that kinda company.

Know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna say that "Atilla and Hun" are gratutious code names. Seriously, there's already an agent named Viper, and another named Lord Vicious the Mask/Iron Mask Marauder, so why *couldn't* these be code names?

EvilCassidy
5th April 2005, 9:52 PM
I tried to find out on my own if Hoso was the Poke Chron a few months ago after stumbling on TVTome's description of it and other sites. I knew I was onto something ^^ I never got anywhere with it since I went straight to 4Kids and asked them to confirm it. Needless to say I never got an answer when I e-mailed them. I wonder when the US will release it? I hope it doesn't go straight to DVD.

Jesse GS the II
5th April 2005, 9:57 PM
Atilla and Hun? You gotta be kidding me...they could have done better than that.

But who am I to complain? Point is, we're gettin' the Raikou special after all!

Heracross
5th April 2005, 10:00 PM
be nice to see if they've kept the music too :P
I'm pretty sure that they will keep a lot if not all of the music from the Raikou special. Even though the AG dub throws out almost all of the original music, they've been keeping more music from the movies lately than ever before. Since it's much longer than normal episodes they'll probably treat it differently, as if it were a movie and therefor pay more attention to things such as the music. Of course that might just be wishful thinking, I have no doubts that they'll ruin the music in all of the other specials. :/

War Raichu
Attila and Hun have to be two of the worst dub names (and puns too), but the fact that we're finally getting the Raikou episode overshadows the crap names. :D

Kanadian Kyuubi
Attila and Hun are actually good names. Unlike the usual choice of names of TR duos being the first and last names of famous cowboys, this time they ripped one right from the history book, Attila the Hun was chosen to lead the Hun army to victory against their enemies. For more information, play the Age of Empires II scenario or look it up at your local library (I can feel it now, you are all saying "That's what that place is for!").

CyberCubed
5th April 2005, 10:05 PM

KidsWB never announced Pokemon Chronicles, that was 4kids's press release. Chronicles will not be airing on KidsWb, their fall lineup has been announced and Chronicles wasn't on the list.

And really, it's common sense that 4kids would release Chronicles in the U.S. Why would an American dubbing company situated in New York go through the trouble and money to dub something just to release it in the UK? Use your brains people.

Chronicles will not be airing on KidsWB, it'll obviously have a DVD release. SO far I don't think it's airing on 4kidsTV either, which is a shame.

Alfonso
5th April 2005, 10:08 PM
Just watch a huge influx of moronic Questshipper members arise from this DVD. There might be a few decent Backshippers, but I doubt. (The poor, fickle mind of the Common Shipper tends only to understand Main Male x Main Female pairings.)

Buson better be Hun. o.o; Attila doesn't suit him. :P

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th April 2005, 10:14 PM
Attila and Hun are actually good names. Unlike the usual choice of names of TR duos being the first and last names of famous cowboys, this time they ripped one right from the history book, Attila the Hun was chosen to lead the Hun army to victory against their enemies. For more information, play the Age of Empires II scenario or look it up at your local library (I can feel it now, you are all saying "That's what that place is for!").

No no, it's a good *source*, but that doesn't make them good names.

Although I'm starting to warm to "Atilla". "Hun" is still a dreadful name.

Naming them after warlords was a good idea, better than naming them after poets, but...the end result...it's like they got a bull's eye on the wrong dartboard.

Almighty Zard
5th April 2005, 10:15 PM
the one thign i can't wait for in the raikou special is who does Kenta and marina's voices

Factory Head Noland
5th April 2005, 10:51 PM
Wahey! Finally some episode names! I'm definatly buying the DVD's when they come out next month and I'll be watching them on Toonami aswell!

Alfonso
5th April 2005, 11:04 PM
the one thign i can't wait for in the raikou special is who does Kenta and marina's voices

Either Veronica Taylor or Racheal Lillis for Marina-chan. 4Kids rarely use any other female VAs. >.>

Jun'ichi. <3 I love him. And Eusine! And, for Oos, ENGLISH KUDOU.

kingboo30
5th April 2005, 11:12 PM
I'll defineately buy this one DVD heh heh I live in America

Gravy
5th April 2005, 11:26 PM
"OMG, maybe it'll be an american animated series...made especially FOR AMERICA!!!! Noooes, we are doom'ed!? ;085; "
Ahh, those were the days.

I'm interested in how they plan on explaining the appearence of Brock's mother than how they're handling the Raikou special. I wonder if they could bring in the crude, but effective 'I faked my own death' excuse. Then again, death is now taboo, is it not?~
Either way, thats the episode I'm wanting to see. Brock's mom is cute...in a disturbing kinda way O_<;

Either Veronica Taylor or Racheal Lillis for Marina-chan. 4Kids rarely use any other female VAs. >.>
Oh come now Alfonso, you're in denial. You know Liza Ortiz is going to take the role, with her awesome I-can-only-pull-off-one-voice skillz!

Porygandrew
5th April 2005, 11:42 PM
And you know they're going to stick with Yoshi And Dani for the dub names

Rene Bellosh
5th April 2005, 11:48 PM
Hehe, I would never thought I'd live to see the day when Europe gets something before the U.S. does. Well then again I probably will never get the chance to see these specials anyways even if they were released. :p But still it's nice seeing them now spread around the world, now all that's left are those banned episodes. :D

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th April 2005, 11:57 PM
I'm interested in how they plan on explaining the appearence of Brock's mother than how they're handling the Raikou special. I wonder if they could bring in the crude, but effective 'I faked my own death' excuse. Then again, death is now taboo, is it not?~

My guess is simple--Flint lied.

I actually think his English line makes more sense. Think about it--he doesn't know these kids, doesn't know that they're going to be his son's friends. And he loves his wife very much, so instead of telling them that she abandoned the family, he's going to make it so that she doesn't take any blame in their minds. Sure, it's a lie, but it makes it look like her not being there isn't her fault.

~Toshi~
6th April 2005, 3:55 AM
Originally Posted by Alfonso

Oh come now Alfonso, you're in denial. You know Liza Ortiz is going to take the role, with her awesome I-can-only-pull-off-one-voice skillz!

There's one more if I'm not mistaken-Megan Hollingshead-who voices Joy & Jenny. I think she would be a good choice for Marina.

Heracross
6th April 2005, 4:00 AM
Except that Megan Hollingshead quit recently.

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th April 2005, 4:22 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/ambiggaywarlords.png

I couldn't resist.

Ferret
6th April 2005, 4:41 AM
Hehe, I would never thought I'd live to see the day when Europe gets something before the U.S. does.Tons of things come here first.

Poké Dash, anyone?

Sharpshooter
6th April 2005, 6:33 AM
Sooner or later they'll be international seller's from the UK, probably almost immediatley on release just like how the UK can get newly released DVD's in America etc. So providing you have a multi-region DVD, it'll be alright I'd imagine.

Well since that's the confirmed now from Anti-Richie, It should be reliable enough to order it.

Ethereal
6th April 2005, 6:57 AM
KidsWB never announced Pokemon Chronicles, that was 4kids's press release. Chronicles will not be airing on KidsWb, their fall lineup has been announced and Chronicles wasn't on the list.

And really, it's common sense that 4kids would release Chronicles in the U.S. Why would an American dubbing company situated in New York go through the trouble and money to dub something just to release it in the UK? Use your brains people.

Chronicles will not be airing on KidsWB, it'll obviously have a DVD release. SO far I don't think it's airing on 4kidsTV either, which is a shame.

¬_¬ I know what I meant....But I still think that KidsWB! might air them...

MTC
6th April 2005, 8:32 AM
Either way, thats the episode I'm wanting to see. Brock's mom is cute...in a disturbing kinda way O_<;
My guess is simple--Flint lied.

I actually think his English line makes more sense. Think about it--he doesn't know these kids, doesn't know that they're going to be his son's friends. And he loves his wife very much, so instead of telling them that she abandoned the family, he's going to make it so that she doesn't take any blame in their minds. Sure, it's a lie, but it makes it look like her not being there isn't her fault.Isn't it obvious, they'll forget all about that early episode and pretend Flint never said she was dead. (Remember May's parents knowing Brock before even meeting him.)

yamiiguy
6th April 2005, 12:17 PM
Serebii gave us OLD news pkmn.co.uk had this weeks ago and he forgot to say that the dvd is out in the UK May 31ST

Sharpshooter
6th April 2005, 1:40 PM
and he forgot to say that the dvd is out in the UK May 31ST

May 23rd actually - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007XBL12/qid=1112791185/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-4201917-3430845

Dogasu
6th April 2005, 3:35 PM
(Remember May's parents knowing Brock before even meeting him.)

They knew him in the Japanese version, too.

Factory Head Noland
6th April 2005, 3:49 PM
Have you ever thought that when Brock was looking for Ash, May and Max at the start of Hoenn he went through Petalburg City and met Norman and Caroline? Maybe he saw the Gym, went inside and asked Norman if he had battled someone called Ash and a conversation started.
This is possible as by the time Brock has caught up with them they were in the Petalburg Woods.

Caseydia
6th April 2005, 4:20 PM
Oh cool. I can't wait to see the legend of thunder special. Forget about the other ones.

Dogasu
6th April 2005, 4:21 PM
Have you ever thought that when Brock was looking for Ash, May and Max at the start of Hoenn he went through Petalburg City and met Norman and Caroline? Maybe he saw the Gym, went inside and asked Norman if he had battled someone called Ash and a conversation started.
This is possible as by the time Brock has caught up with them they were in the Petalburg Woods.

That's possible, but it's also entirely possible that it's just bad writing and continuity. Brock *did* mention that he asked Professor Birch about Ash in "You Never Can Taillow," but he never mentions meeting the parents of Ash's two travel companions.

MaskedManAbsolkid
6th April 2005, 4:24 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure the woman with Flint is his girlfriend, not his mum. I'm 95% sure it's not his mum. It's either Flint's girlfriend or Flint's new wife. Either way, it's not his mum.

The dubbers name people after famous things. In Pokemon Heroes, Annie and Oakley are named after a woman called Annie Oakley. Same with Artilla and Hun. I love the name Artilla, but not Hun.

Overall:

1) I'm glad to hear the Raikou special is there.
2) I'm also glad to hear that the 2 Winter specials are there.
3) I also like that we DO have them.
4) Shops will have an offer or something, since the DVD comes out near the release of Pokemon Heroes.

Serebii
6th April 2005, 4:25 PM
Serebii gave us OLD news pkmn.co.uk had this weeks ago and he forgot to say that the dvd is out in the UK May 31ST
Yes but it only just got confirmed...and PUK did NOT have the titles Anti-Richie kindly got for us

Dogasu
6th April 2005, 4:27 PM
Actually, I'm pretty sure the woman with Flint is his girlfriend, not his mum. I'm 95% sure it's not his mum. It's either Flint's girlfriend or Flint's new wife. Either way, it's not his mum.

It's been confirmed over and over throughout the years that Mizuho is indeed Brock's mom. I still don't understand why people have so much trouble believing that.

Sleeping Dragon
6th April 2005, 4:27 PM
"Coming to Norway in 2008".

Chris
6th April 2005, 4:30 PM
Not to mention, Takeshi clearly calls her kaa-san SEVERAL TIMES, which means MOM. She's not dead. She's no longer gone. Takeshi's mom CAME BACK DESPITE WHAT THE DUB SAID.

Torkoal Stu
6th April 2005, 4:37 PM
What date does it start? And when is it on? I know its on Toonami (Uk) Yay for me/everyone in the Uk.

Dephender
6th April 2005, 4:38 PM
It's been confirmed over and over throughout the years that Mizuho is indeed Brock's mom. I still don't understand why people have so much trouble believing that.

Flint gets up and explains that the gym was running fine for awhile. He had the most mouth-dropping rock field set up. He then explains that it all changed when he met a new girl, Misuho.

That's why.

Chris
6th April 2005, 4:40 PM
Quite alot of those guides were mistranslated. :|

MaskedManAbsolkid
6th April 2005, 4:44 PM
Doesn't really matter. It's the basic guides I've heard. I'll watch the episode and check the episode for any words which are who the girl is.

Dephender
6th April 2005, 4:49 PM
Doesn't really matter. It's the basic guides I've heard. I'll watch the episode and check the episode for any words which are who the girl is.

Look, she IS Brock's mother. It's stated multiple times in the episode itself, and a person who couldn't even pick up that knows way too little japanese to be able to write a detailed episode guide.

CyberCubed
7th April 2005, 1:43 AM
After seeing what 4kids has done in One Piece and the like, I wouldn't be surprised if 4kids alters the script for the Brock episode making his mother an entirely different character. I would find it amusing to say the least.

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th April 2005, 1:49 AM
Did you not see the part in the summary where she's directly refered to as being Brock's mother? Says it right there.

Sharpshooter
7th April 2005, 3:24 PM
Well since the dub title itself is called "A Family That Battles Together, Stays Together!" it should imply all characters featured within the fued for the US version are related, I assume.

AnT
7th April 2005, 8:02 PM
Just watch a huge influx of moronic Questshipper members arise from this DVD. There might be a few decent Backshippers, but I doubt. (The poor, fickle mind of the Common Shipper tends only to understand Main Male x Main Female pairings.)

Buson better be Hun. o.o; Attila doesn't suit him. :P

Indeed. But we're only human. Even though I'm not a Questshipper, even I can't help but like a main guy-main girl pairing.

kaibachaoschampion
7th April 2005, 8:25 PM
Hmm, I don't have Toonami........Just Sky one.

Does anyone klnow if this will be coming to Sky one?

Also the first Vol is at www.amazon.co.uk does anyone know how frequently they will be releasing the episodes for people to buy?

Bulba the Great!
7th April 2005, 8:29 PM
I wonder what they'll do for Cassidy's voice? Megan isn't with us anymore...

I wonder if the same voices will be used for Jackson, Flint, The Battle Brothers, Sakura, and Casey will be used?

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

kaibachaoschampion
7th April 2005, 8:35 PM
I wonder what they'll do for Cassidy's voice? Megan isn't with us anymore...

I wonder if the same voices will be used for Jackson, Flint, The Battle Brothers, Sakura, and Casey will be used?

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Well if you ask me they'll use the same voice as they did for Mai from Yu-Gi-Oh.

V Faction
7th April 2005, 10:48 PM
Yep. It's the new Cassidy/Mai/Clair/Old Caroline voice. It isn't too shabby, but still not an exact recreation.
I'm sure they'll do Flint as best they can. It's been so long after all.

Casey will be easy. Liza Ortiz with a higher voice than normal.

And the others are fairly recent (with the exception of Sakura), so that works too.

Anti-Richie
8th April 2005, 12:10 PM
I guess Ted Lewis will reprise his role as Flint. He's still with the show, as far as I know.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
8th April 2005, 6:55 PM
YAY HOSOS!!!!!!!!

CANT WAIT FOR LEGEND OF THUNDER!!!!!

rakou is teh sexay

Katrica
8th April 2005, 8:01 PM
Wow...I can't wait the the Raikou Special to come out. Bashou and Buson's dubbed names are weird though...

Ralts Master
9th April 2005, 8:09 AM
Are they going to air these things in the US? It doesn't make sense just to do so in the UK...

Gigi
9th April 2005, 8:47 AM
I guess Ted Lewis will reprise his role as Flint. He's still with the show, as far as I know.

I was kinda hoping Ted Lewis would spontaneously explode or something...

Dogasu
11th April 2005, 3:39 AM
Just because this thread doesn't have enough skepticism in it...

Do we have a source for all this other than a random e-mail that could have been faked by anyone? It isn't too often that a distribution company, of all things, would take the time to write out episode titles and summaries to these episodes in a private e-mail to a teenage fan.

Golden Darkness
11th April 2005, 9:37 AM
Who knows.

Here's the contact e-maill address I think anti-richie used: psahota@contendergroup.com

Source: http://www.contendergroup.com/index.php?art_id=11

Anti-Richie
11th April 2005, 7:16 PM
That was indeed the address I used. I'm sorry that there are certain people who don't believe me :(.

It isn't too often that a distribution company, of all things, would take the time to write out episode titles and summaries to these episodes in a private e-mail to a teenage fan.
I assumed they'd have the episode details on a database (for use on the DVD cover art eventually) and just pasted them into the email for me.

Besides that, I don't have enough time on my hands to make up such rumours by faking an entire email.

TexanChris
13th April 2005, 3:01 AM
Are you guys sure that just because Pokemon Chronicles didn't show on the KidsWB lineup it will not show up in the US? The last report from 4Kids said that it would show up on WB either mid or late 2005, which means it will probably be a part of the summer lineup. KidsWB has done that before with X-Men Evolution and Megaman NT, so I bet this summer we'll see them show up in the US.

CyberCubed
13th April 2005, 3:10 AM
Are you guys sure that just because Pokemon Chronicles didn't show on the KidsWB lineup it will not show up in the US? The last report from 4Kids said that it would show up on WB either mid or late 2005, which means it will probably be a part of the summer lineup. KidsWB has done that before with X-Men Evolution and Megaman NT, so I bet this summer we'll see them show up in the US.

Don't get your hopes up. It's a DVD release only.

kaibachaoschampion
13th April 2005, 3:54 PM
Does anyone know if Sky One will get the episodes other than Toonami because I don't have Toonami >.<

Sharpshooter
13th April 2005, 3:57 PM
Does anyone know if Sky One will get the episodes other than Toonami because I don't have Toonami >.<

You could try and email them, but currently Sky One has no plans of airing the chronicles at the moment. If all else fails you could always by it on DVD which incidently is being released in the UK next month.

charlot.sweetie
13th April 2005, 8:14 PM
You could try and email them, but currently Sky One has no plans of airing the chronicles at the moment. If all else fails you could always by it on DVD which incidently is being released in the UK next month.

they cme out on DVD before being shown on TV? Werid.
Anyone know when Toonami will start showing them?

13th April 2005, 8:25 PM
May 11th charlot.sweetie

there making it up to us for not getting the 5th,6th and 7th movie when the americans did!

and then a month after chronicles part 1 we get Pokemon heroes!

charlot.sweetie
13th April 2005, 8:32 PM
May 11th charlot.sweetie

there making it up to us for not getting the 5th,6th and 7th movie when the americans did!

and then a month after chronicles part 1 we get Pokemon heroes!

cool!! not long
Thanks ShuckelmasterJ
i knew they would do some for us since the US get the movies frist.;186;

kaibachaoschampion
13th April 2005, 9:51 PM
Takes a bit too long for the movies to get here in the UK, the US don't have to wait like a year or 2 for Chronicles so why not release them all at the same time :(

Oh and ty for the info :)

Blue Hiker
14th April 2005, 9:53 AM
In case anybody still doubts that the e-mail sent to Anti-Richie is genuine, I just thought I'd confirm that I've also been in contact with Poonam Sahota a couple of times. In the past there's never been any new information on the release, but I asked again just yesterday and got the same information as Anti-Richie did. So it's definitely for real.

The run time of the DVD is 110 minutes.

It's being released in the UK on June 13 (not May as previously reported).

I'm looking forward to this series. :)

Sharpshooter
14th April 2005, 4:30 PM
It's being released in the UK on June 13 (not May as previously reported)

Amazon still got it down for the 23rd of may, although play.com agrees with you, that's probably more likely to be right.

It appears a front cover has emerged as well! :)

http://img194.echo.cx/img194/1372/602539m6ed.jpg

Apologies for the size - only play.com has a front cover availible at the moment, would post it larger if I could find a suitable one.

If somebody knows what relevance either a Charmander, a Charmeleon or a Charizard has with any of these episodes, please tell me, as I'm struggling to know what the logic behind this is lol.

High Commander Solomon
14th April 2005, 4:48 PM
No idea, but maybe it's because the eps have llittle to do with each other?

CyberCubed
15th April 2005, 12:34 AM
Wow, Viz is sucking with the covers. The Kanto and Johto Journey DVDs have excellent well drawn covers...what happened?

The Advance DVD covers just have two pokemon on the cover, which is lame, and although this Charizard line cover looks nice, what does it have to do with those episodes? lol?

I would have thought they'd put Raikou on the cover, in order to advertise it as a legendary not seen in the anime yet...guess not.

I could just see some 10 year old looking on the cover of the DVD and thinking he gets new episodes of the Charmander line, only to be shocked when he see's that Charizard isn't in any of the 3 episodes. :O

Jesse GS the II
15th April 2005, 1:24 AM
That cover could be better. I too expected it to feature Raikou. It'll be interesting to see what the others look like, though.

V Faction
15th April 2005, 1:53 AM
"Yay, Charymander and Charzardo!"

"*plays DVD*"

"Aww.. Where's my firey pokieman?"

"Sorry Billy, but we knew a dumb kid like you looking for a happy fun Pokemon Adventure would be fooled by fancy images of popular characters!"

"Gee willickers, darn it!"

"Sucks to be you Billy!"

Maybe will see the Bulbasaur trio or Squirtle trio in future editions.

Bulba the Great!
15th April 2005, 2:03 AM
Um...I'm not commenting on the cover, but I just had a "sudden idea": What if one of the chronicles is the Pikachu's Summer Festival short? It wasn't on Destiny Deoxys...

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

Blaziken Trainer
15th April 2005, 2:03 AM
Do they have any idea when it is coming out in US? Either way...I'll proabably order the DVD anyway.

Golden Darkness
15th April 2005, 2:36 AM
Um...I'm not commenting on the cover, but I just had a "sudden idea": What if one of the chronicles is the Pikachu's Summer Festival short?

Who knows? One thing's for sure, the folks in Japan are finally going to get a video version of it in a few months.

Question is when will that translate to a US release?

Blue Hiker
15th April 2005, 7:27 AM
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of that cover either. It looks way too cheap. But you never know, maybe they'll improve it before the release. It's not uncommon for cover art to go through a couple of revisions if it obviously looks really bad.

At this stage I don't think the new Pikachu short is going to be included as part of Chronicles -- you can see that all the actual OVAs are coming at the start of the series, so unless it comes at the very end I don't see it being included. That said, Pokémon Chronicles was definitely announced as being 22 episodes long, and even if you split the Raikou special up I think that leaves the count short by one or two episodes. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

And again, there's no news on a US release yet, but 4Kids wouldn't be dubbing it if they didn't seriously plan on releasing it in the US. I still think it'll probably show up on TV eventually -- perhaps on the 4Kids TV block. But even if it doesn't, it's sure to come out on DVD at the very least.

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th April 2005, 7:37 AM
But there's the winter short and the Slowking short, and I don't think anyone had counted on those.

Blue Hiker
15th April 2005, 2:19 PM
The previous winter shorts have all been dubbed, so it only makes sense that the most recent ones would be as well. I suppose since the Summer Festival short is also being released as an OVA in Japan it's not too different in that respect, but perhaps it's just too new to be part of the Chronicles series. Or like I said, maybe it could be included at the end of the series. Maybe.

The Slowking short isn't part of Chronicles so I'm not sure what you mean there.

Anti-Richie
15th April 2005, 8:28 PM
Thanks for confirming my email, Blue Hiker.

The cover art looks OK. Nothing special, though. They might have put the Charmander line on to tie in with FR/LG (a bit late, I know, but still..,)

Looking at one of the other topics gave me an idea: do you think they might include "Beauty and the Beach" as a bonus episode on a future volume of the Chronicles DVDs?

Darth Mudkip
16th April 2005, 10:47 AM
Sorry but I don't know if this has been mentioned in this thread yet, as I can't be bothered to scroll through the whole thing. Anyways, I was browsing PLAY this morning and they have a price and release date. It's gonna be Ł9.99 and be released on 13/06/2005. That's 06/13/2005 for the American fans to know. :3 I'm disappointed in this date but meh, I'm gonna watch it and tape it on Toonami. I finally get to see Raikou dubbed, I saw a RAW version once. Blew me away but no doubt Kids WB are gonna tone it down immensly...¬_¬

Gravy
16th April 2005, 1:10 PM
The cover artwork for the DVD made me laugh, due to the fact that its almost identical to the cover artwork featured on a series of Pokémon Evloution books they used to sell a few years back.
Way to save cash-moneys whoever produces the covers!

Oh yes...and the fact that none of the pokémon featured on the boxart actually appear in any of the episodes in the DVD is equally amusing.

Sharpshooter
22nd April 2005, 3:56 PM
Amazon's finally updated the chronicles section, and yeah it is being released on the 13th of june. Also has a larger picture than the one from play.com:

http://img92.echo.cx/img92/1709/b0007xbl129895ld.jpg

Just incase you fusspots wanted to see what the text was underneath lmao.

Torkoal Stu
22nd April 2005, 4:07 PM
Can someone give me the exact date and time it is one Toonami?

Sharpshooter
22nd April 2005, 4:13 PM
Can someone give me the exact date and time it is one Toonami?

Helps to look at the very first post :P

http://europe.turnerinfo.com/pdf/GBR/TOON/highlights/Toonami%20May%20highlights%2005.pdf

Wednesday's at 7:00am & 4:30pm
Weekends at 10:30am & 4:00pm

Starting on wednesday the 11th of May

Should be good.

Torkoal Stu
22nd April 2005, 4:26 PM
Thanks! I can't wait legend of Thunder is gonna rock! Thanks Sharpshooter!

22nd April 2005, 4:33 PM
Helps to look at the very first post :P

http://europe.turnerinfo.com/pdf/GBR/TOON/highlights/Toonami%20May%20highlights%2005.pdf

Wednesday's at 7:00am & 4:30pm
Weekends at 10:30am & 4:00pm

Starting on wednesday the 11th of May

Should be good.

DAMN STRAIGHT

so it has a time now? cool!!!

kaibachaoschampion
23rd April 2005, 1:24 PM
Hmm, odd and probably not right but look at this:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/ShowMainServlet/showid-32685/

Tv Tome says that the first Chronicles is April 25th!?! This doesn't sound right, but I just thought I would check here first.

23rd April 2005, 1:32 PM
where does it say april 25th? it says May 11th on toonami

kaibachaoschampion
23rd April 2005, 1:55 PM
If you look to the side it says:

Upcoming New Eps:
• Snorlax Snowman
(Apr 25)
• Slowking's Day
(May 11)

:S

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd April 2005, 5:45 PM
That site lists Dan Green as Ritchie. That's *way* off.

Sharpshooter
23rd April 2005, 9:40 PM
I've found no UK tv guides saying it starts this monday, it's very likely they're talking bs. The link from the official european Toonami website I gave on the last page claims it starts wednesday the 11th. If the actual programmes website claims this itself, then I'll go with that :P

Dogasu
23rd April 2005, 11:29 PM
I'm amazed that people still go to TV Tome for news, as if they're "reliable" or "accurate" or "not a shitty source of information."

Silver Fusion
24th April 2005, 10:25 AM
I agree with Dogasu about TVTome.
I wonder what they dubbed Kenta's name as?

Dogasu
24th April 2005, 2:43 PM
I wonder what they dubbed Kenta's name as?

Yoshi.

Welcome to 2003.

Silver Fusion
25th April 2005, 8:20 PM
Well it was never officially confirmed was it, fans began calling him Yoshi though are they using fan's dub names now?

Blue Hiker
26th April 2005, 9:41 AM
Jackson referred to him by name during the Johto League. ("Hey Yoshi! Hey Dani!" or something like that.)

Knowing 4Kids there's always a chance they forgot all about that line -- but unless we hear otherwise "Yoshi" is the official dub name for Kenta. Similar for Marina's dub name, "Dani".

Golden Darkness
26th April 2005, 10:02 AM
Who knows?

It may be just two random friends. After all all other references to Marina and Kenta were replace to talk of Jackson's family.

Phantom_Bugsy
26th April 2005, 8:03 PM
All I wanna know is whether they're going to make Eusine sound a little less nice (dammit they SHOULD, he's not 'nice'! He's a pompous dirtbag and I love him!), and what Kudou's dub name is going to be. *prays it's not some random generic name* WHATEVER HAPPENED TO NAMES LIKE DARIO AND GENERO?! >0

Mmm, Kudou.

That Scary Clefairy
27th April 2005, 4:07 AM
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO NAMES LIKE DARIO AND GENERO?! >0

Mmm, Kudou.

Who the hell is Genero???

Heracross
27th April 2005, 4:21 AM
He was a the guy in the Whirl Islands arc who made silver wing jewelry.

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th April 2005, 5:59 AM
All I wanna know is whether they're going to make Eusine sound a little less nice (dammit they SHOULD, he's not 'nice'! He's a pompous dirtbag and I love him!),

I presume you mean as opposed to his Japanese voice.

It's a shame about his voices. Because really, in Japanese he sounds like he's way older than he should, and in English he sounds so raspy. Does he sound any good in any other languages?

Pokemon-Trainer-Z
27th April 2005, 8:27 AM
that sound abit creepy but it is true.

Alfonso
27th April 2005, 11:06 AM
All I wanna know is whether they're going to make Eusine sound a little less nice (dammit they SHOULD, he's not 'nice'! He's a pompous dirtbag and I love him!), and what Kudou's dub name is going to be. *prays it's not some random generic name* WHATEVER HAPPENED TO NAMES LIKE DARIO AND GENERO?! >0

Mmm, Kudou.

They'll call him Ken, or something. >.> I remember thinking that was his name the first time I saw the Raikou Special, even though it did say Kudou. :3

WTF WHO THE HELL IS GENERO!???!?!?1.1.1.12.11!

:rolleyes:

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th April 2005, 11:20 AM
I'm thinking Kevin, myself. I don't think they've used Kevin yet.

Alfonso
27th April 2005, 11:30 AM
I'm thinking Kevin, myself. I don't think they've used Kevin yet.

They haven't. But I don't want it to be used... Kevin is great for Random Kids that Exist in Episodes, but for a character like Kudou, he NEEDS a great, interesting name.

'Sides, Kevin is kinda plain. Robert, though... now THAT has an air of greatness and superiority about it. XD Now, if only they were to use it twice...

Phantom_Bugsy
27th April 2005, 2:08 PM
I'm so sure they'd name him Robert. XD

I still prefer Stevie-Bob Rachael Orange Egg Christmastree Fourtytwo Monsterhead Suicune Peanutbuttercookie iPod Microphone Bandanna Gumballmachine Floppyhat THE SIXTYNINTH. But that's just my wishful thinking. :D I've ADDED since the last time I told you of it. XD The only reason Eusine bothers with him is the fact he has a SUICUNE in his name. :D

.......*needs to be euthanized* >3

That Scary Clefairy
27th April 2005, 6:11 PM
we already have a Robert even though two name won't matter. Personally Ken should be Kenta's name instead of Yoshi but i doubt 4Kids will remember that quote by Jackson. Jackson and Eusine is kept obvisously and Marina should be kept the same name as Japanese verison. Now Kudou.....hmmmm.. well Alfonso, you said you wanted a "fancy" name so why not Kann or....... Michealangelo! LOL

Alfonso
27th April 2005, 6:16 PM
we already have a Robert even though two name won't matter. Personally Ken should be Kenta's name instead of Yoshi but i doubt 4Kids will remember that quote by Jackson. Jackson and Eusine is kept obvisously and Marina should be kept the same name as Japanese verison. Now Kudou.....hmmmm.. well Alfonso, you said you wanted a "fancy" name so why not Kann or....... Michealangelo! LOL

...Yes, I know we already have a Robert. Hence why I said that they should use it twice. :3

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th April 2005, 5:21 AM
Why would a character who never does anything get an interesting name? Sure he had potential, but the only thing he did was provide subtext with Eusine and get in a zinger on him at the end.

They need to have another character with my name. The one they had was dead before she first showed up.

Sharpshooter
28th April 2005, 4:02 PM
Right Ok according to the radiotimes guide, pokémon chronicles due to air on the 11th of May (that's a couple of sources claiming this, so this is probably confirmed now).

It's on at 4:30pm and repeated again at 7:00pm.

MaskedManAbsolkid
28th April 2005, 4:08 PM
Right Ok according to the radiotimes guide, pokémon chronicles due to air on the 11th of May (that's a couple of sources claiming this, so this is probably confirmed now).

It's on at 4:30pm and repeated again at 7:00pm.

I'm normally away at 4:30, so I'm glad it's repeated!

Phantom_Bugsy
28th April 2005, 4:37 PM
Wait....Blackjack, are you implying that Kudou should have your name? XD That might be a little......strange......XD It'd be better than 'Kevin' or 'Ken', though.

I hope the dubbers make him mention Suicune more, even if it's not in the special. Eusine, I mean. The whole 'not mention Suicune 'cept but once in relation to the other legendaries' was just too OoC. :0 WHERE IS OUR MENTALLY UNSTABLE SUICUNEFREAK?! ......other than right here. >____>

*blows a raspberry* Tell him to get outta my dreams and into my car! .....or Kudou's car...with me in it.... And tell Domino that, too! >0 *gives her the Blackjack and runs*

Sharpshooter
29th April 2005, 7:49 PM
It just gets better and better for the UK at the moment regarding the Chronicles - Volume 2 is due out on the first of august this year! - http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=649926&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

Alfonso
29th April 2005, 7:53 PM
It just gets better and better for the UK at the moment regarding the Chronicles - Volume 2 is due out on the first of august this year! - http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=649926&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

Hmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder who'll be on the front cover of this? Caterpie, Claydol and Yanma, perhaps? Or maybe something else totally random and unrelated to the Hosos. >.>

Ralts Master
3rd May 2005, 9:10 AM
Someone wanna fill me in on why the UK seems to be getting Chronicles on TV and last I heard the US isn't?

Blackjack Gabbiani
3rd May 2005, 9:24 AM
Turnabout is fair play?

We may be getting it here in the fall, though. There's talk it may be on the 4Kids Box, which is over on FOX, which would explain why it isn't on the WB fall schedule.

charlot.sweetie
3rd May 2005, 4:00 PM
saw a advert on toonami saying that they were coming soon (hate when they do that).

MaskedManAbsolkid
3rd May 2005, 4:24 PM
saw a advert on toonami saying that they were coming soon (hate when they do that).

o.o Really? What was it like?

*goes off to see old episodes of Pokemon*

RedHall
3rd May 2005, 4:35 PM
I heard that "Pokemon Chronicles" was coming to the US September 2005.

Factory Head Noland
3rd May 2005, 5:22 PM
Someone wanna fill me in on why the UK seems to be getting Chronicles on TV and last I heard the US isn't?

I actually think the UK deserve Pokemon Chronicles as the US get nearly everything before us (except we started Pokemon Advanced before you).

I think it's only fair...

Gravy
3rd May 2005, 7:04 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder who'll be on the front cover of this? Caterpie, Claydol and Yanma, perhaps? Or maybe something else totally random and unrelated to the Hosos. >.>
If its Caterpie and Yanma, then hell, I wouldn't be too bothered. Since Caterpie = personal favourite pokémon, and Yanma is just plain cute.
Although, I'm guessing its more than likely going to be another of the starter evolution chains.

For the record, does anyone know which animation team/s is/are in charge of producing the Hoso specials? From what I've seen, they're some of the better teams out there~

charlot.sweetie
4th May 2005, 4:03 PM
o.o Really? What was it like?

*goes off to see old episodes of Pokemon*

they just show you small parts some of the eps, I cheaked on the TV giuld on sky today, 11th 4:30pm (looks like the sites were right)

poke_girl
4th May 2005, 4:25 PM
Doesn't say when they're showing tho.. does it?

poke_girl
4th May 2005, 4:27 PM
they just show you small parts some of the eps, I cheaked on the TV giuld on sky today, 11th 4:30pm (looks like the sites were right)

I just looked too.. wow, it's only like 30mins long tho, I thought the specials where longer?

Heracross
4th May 2005, 4:36 PM
The Housous are the same length as normal episodes, the only thing that was longer than that was the Raikou Special. And if they show that on TV, they'll probably do the same thing they did in Japan and air it in half-hour segments rather than all at once.

Trendy_boy87
4th May 2005, 4:41 PM
well its on 2wice a day at 7am and 4.30pm so ive read on the internet starting next wed

Sharpshooter
4th May 2005, 4:47 PM
There's been an advert about recently on Toonami, including scenes from the Team Rocket Hoso "Tough Battle! Team Rocket Enter!", the Raikou special and few others involving Tracey and Misty - so judging from those clips they are the Hoso's.

MaskedManAbsolkid
4th May 2005, 5:27 PM
well its on 2wice a day at 7am and 4.30pm so ive read on the internet starting next wed

Don't ya mean 7pm?

4th May 2005, 5:38 PM
I cant wait!

and they are the hosos!

twice a day cool?

Factory Head Noland
4th May 2005, 5:42 PM
It's always a repeat at 7pm from the 4:30pm airing, it's twice to watch it ^_^

I can't wait! *Video tapes at the ready!*

Golden Darkness
4th May 2005, 5:43 PM
N. America will definately get in the fall....

... if you live in Canada.

http://www.worldscreen.com/newscurrent.php?filename=4kids503.htm

Sharpshooter
4th May 2005, 6:25 PM
It's only right since it's American dubbed after all.

Torkoal Stu
4th May 2005, 6:30 PM
These are gonna rock hard! I really want to watch the special but three parts is annoying though. But wem get to see A thyplosion and Misdreous because I forgotten their names have them.

4th May 2005, 6:33 PM
I have sky plus! Im gonna put them on to video and watch em in my room

I wonder what the opening credits will be like

Torkoal Stu
4th May 2005, 6:36 PM
I hope it has Raikou on the intro.

4th May 2005, 6:59 PM
yeah

they should have had raikou on the DVD box not the char line

Torkoal Stu
4th May 2005, 7:05 PM
I think the intro will have these clips on it

Brock and his family
Misty and Daisy
Prof Oak and Tracey
Richie, Sparky and Celebii
Raikou battling/using attacks
Yoshi(no dub name yet), Jackson and that girl together
Casey and her pokemon
Team Rocket and Butch and Casidy

In want those clips!

Chris
4th May 2005, 7:31 PM
Yoshi(no dub name yet)
Yoshi IS the dub name. His original name is Kenta.

Blackjack Gabbiani
4th May 2005, 8:51 PM
So for those of you who've seen this ad that's airing, are there any voices on it of characters we haven't seen before?

poke_girl
5th May 2005, 2:28 AM
You guys... It's vanished off my Sky Planner, it says Megas XLR is on at the time now

EDIT: OH I can be so dumb, I was looking at 4:30AM

Gravy
5th May 2005, 9:06 AM
So for those of you who've seen this ad that's airing, are there any voices on it of characters we haven't seen before?
No, not really. The only characters we hear speaking are Jessie and some random scientist from the same episode, who I suppose isn't particulary important anyways. But from what I can gather, he sounded like Melvin the Magician, from the Exeggutor ep.

Torkoal Stu
5th May 2005, 4:28 PM
Yoshi IS the dub name. His original name is Kenta.

I never knew that. :confused: I'm so dub sometimes sorry! *is upset*

Factory Head Noland
5th May 2005, 7:14 PM
I just saw the advert and the episodes looks great! I can't believe they are finally coming! AND it's less than a week until we see the first episode!
I'm glad I live in the UK now...

Water Man
5th May 2005, 7:31 PM
Does anyone know which episode will air on the 11th?

Factory Head Noland
5th May 2005, 8:08 PM
I'm sure it's "Legend Of Thunder (1)!"

Trendy_boy87
6th May 2005, 3:45 PM
Don't ya mean 7pm?

nope just saw the advert again it says 4.30pm next wed

MaskedManAbsolkid
7th May 2005, 10:34 AM
nope just saw the advert again it says 4.30pm next wed

I mean you said 7am and 4:30pm. I was asking if you meant 7pm instead of 7am.

fanderichie
7th May 2005, 12:40 PM
one thing....in the raikou special, who's attila and who's hun? bashou attila and buson hun or buson attila and bashou hun?

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th May 2005, 5:52 PM
We're not 100% sure, but people are assuming that Buson will be Hun owing to someone on TMNT with a ripped physique and the name Hun.

Plus, y'know, come on. He'll get called "hun" by his partner. They had to have considered that.

8th May 2005, 2:27 PM
I just saw the advert!

It is a cool advert

what special is that furret from?

Shigeru-kun
8th May 2005, 5:17 PM
Is anyone besides me seeing something odd going on? I have nothing against Canada or the UK, but both already have confirmed reports concerning Chronicles. Um...4Kids, what dope are you smoking? You frickin dubbed the anime, so could you at least give the U.S. some DVD dates if ANYTHING? I know people can point out the "4Kids TV!!" crap, but let's get real. If the show was dubbed in your country, wouldn't you find this a little on the strange side? I mean, even when games came out in UK earlier than the U.S., at least we had some word of it coming for us...right now we're sitting on nothing.

Factory Head Noland
8th May 2005, 5:22 PM
It starts this Wednesday! 3 days to go!

I can't wait to see what happens in "Legend Of Thunder (1)!" well the other 2 parts aswell! I wonder if there will be a new intro?

Torkoal Stu
8th May 2005, 5:24 PM
It starts this Wednesday! 3 days to go!

I can't wait to see what happens in "Legend Of Thunder (1)!" well the other 2 parts aswell! I wonder if there will be a new intro?

I think there would be. Or what one would they use?

The ad rocked!!!!!!

Factory Head Noland
10th May 2005, 6:02 PM
Wahey! 1 more day to go before Pokemon Chronicles.

I actually can't wait to see "Legend Of Thunder (1)!", I've never seen the Raikou special before...

Silver Fusion
10th May 2005, 8:32 PM
I still ain't seen that advert yet is tgis on in the morning I have too much homework to watch it after school and what time because I've seen people say 7:30pm that normally isn't Toonamis style.

Golden Darkness
11th May 2005, 7:03 AM
Pokemon Chronicles Airings for May (Toonami UK):

Wednesday, May 11 - 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 13 - 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Saturday, May 14 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 15 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, May 18 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 20 - 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Saturday, May 21 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 22 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, May 25 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 27 - 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Saturday, May 28 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 29 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM

Pokemon Chronicles Airings for June:

Wednesday, June 1 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM
Friday, June 3 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 4 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, June 5 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, June 8 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, June 10 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 11 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Sunday, June 12 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, June 15 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, June 17 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 18 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Sunday, June 19 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, June 22 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, June 24 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 25 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Sunday, June 26 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, June 29 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM

Blue Hiker
11th May 2005, 8:41 AM
Those times look about right. I was about to point out that Pokémon Chronicles is not in fact airing every day in the UK -- it's only airing four days a week. This kind of makes sense as it's not a very long series at all, only 22 episodes at this point.

Gravy
11th May 2005, 12:13 PM
Those times look about right. I was about to point out that Pokémon Chronicles is not in fact airing every day in the UK -- it's only airing four days a week. This kind of makes sense as it's not a very long series at all, only 22 episodes at this point.
Judging by the fact that Toonami is doing the same thing with those awful One Piece and Code Lyoko things, I'd say it looks like they're planning on having all their new shows air in this sort of pattern from now on.
*laughs at how Dragonball slid past like a guy with wet soap for shoes, walking along a butter coated street*

kaibachaoschampion
11th May 2005, 3:26 PM
Pokemon Chronicles Airings for May (Toonami UK):

Wednesday, May 11 - 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 13 - 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Saturday, May 14 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 15 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, May 18 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 20 - 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Saturday, May 21 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 22 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, May 25 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, May 27 - 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Saturday, May 28 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, May 29 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM

Pokemon Chronicles Airings for June:

Wednesday, June 1 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM
Friday, June 3 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 4 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Sunday, June 5 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM
Wednesday, June 8 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, June 10 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 11 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Sunday, June 12 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, June 15 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, June 17 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 18 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Sunday, June 19 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, June 22 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM
Friday, June 24 - 4:00 PM
Saturday, June 25 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Sunday, June 26 - 10:30 AM, 4:00 PM, 6:30 PM
Wednesday, June 29 - 7:00 AM, 4:30 PM, 7:00 PM

Are all of those new eps? or are some of those airing repeats of previous episodes since there is more that 22 episodes there.

Mr Zero
11th May 2005, 3:38 PM
Only 50 minutes over here in the uk until it premiere's on toonami, and I am very ready XD

MaskedManAbsolkid
11th May 2005, 4:16 PM
Is anyone besides me seeing something odd going on? I have nothing against Canada or the UK, but both already have confirmed reports concerning Chronicles. Um...4Kids, what dope are you smoking? You frickin dubbed the anime, so could you at least give the U.S. some DVD dates if ANYTHING? I know people can point out the "4Kids TV!!" crap, but let's get real. If the show was dubbed in your country, wouldn't you find this a little on the strange side? I mean, even when games came out in UK earlier than the U.S., at least we had some word of it coming for us...right now we're sitting on nothing.

I actually think it's fair. The UK has only got a few games/episodes before the US in the last year. The only things that the UK got first were Pokemon Advanced (which I'm not sure about), Pokemon Dash and Pokemon Chronicles.

It should air in the US in fall.

And about 15 mins to go! Sadly, I'm going out then, so I'll have to watch the repeat.

Caseydia
11th May 2005, 4:23 PM
Gee, I wish I were in th UK.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 4:33 PM
It's on! It's on ^^;

MTC
11th May 2005, 5:03 PM
4 kids really messed that up, they forgot about Jackson completely, they had a really weird voice for Hitmonlee (Hitmonlee are only male by the way), the theme tune was horrible as was Jimmy's name. I hope they do better with the rest of Chronicles.

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 5:03 PM
Well the other thread was locked.. so, if lets continue what we was saying here o_o

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 5:06 PM
4 kids really messed that up, they forgot about Jackson completely, they had a really weird voice for Hitmonlee (Hitmonlee are only male by the way), the theme tune was horrible as was Jimmy's name. I hope they do better with the rest of Chronicles.
er, maybe it's a high pitched hitmonlee ^^;
I hate how dumb they must be for forgetting someones name.. Also calling him Jummy.. meh.. the theme tune was part of the Johto PokéRap, I have it on my 3rd movie DVD? I think.. or did I have it on one of my old Pokémon music CD's

Mr Zero
11th May 2005, 5:06 PM
I thought it were awesome, the way I imagined it, if not better but I had just one problem, Jacksons voice, it was very Micheal jackson O.o

Silver Fusion
11th May 2005, 5:07 PM
Someone save me from scary dub people the dub names are evil.
Yoshi:Jimmy
Dani:Marina(This one isn't that bad)
Jackson(Why rename him):Vincent
Jacksons new voice is awful and I thaught he fancied Marina not her liking him back.

11th May 2005, 5:08 PM
I hated the opening thing all it said was:
Pokemon
C-H-R-O-N-I-C-L-E-S

But it has salamence and moltres in it

Factory Head Noland
11th May 2005, 5:09 PM
Jimmy?! Vincent?! Wrong names!! There were a lot of mistakes in this episode, Nurse Joy's voice was different, Hitmonlee had Hitmontop's voice, wrong names!

The theme song is dodgy 0_o;; I've heard it somewhere before...

"Legend of Thunder (1)!" is an okay episode but I hope the other 2 parts are better.

Why change Jackson's name and voice?! They were great as they were! He is totally called Jackson!

Trendy_boy87
11th May 2005, 5:09 PM
thats because they are in one of the richie episodes

Serebii
11th May 2005, 5:12 PM
If you are going to discuss the episode will you please use the damned Episode Discussion forum

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 5:13 PM
thats because they are in one of the richie episodes
Who are? >_>;

poke_girl
11th May 2005, 5:13 PM
If you are going to discuss the episode will you please use the damned Episode Discussion forum

um er, Yes Sir!

Factory Head Noland
11th May 2005, 5:14 PM
Salamence and Moltres

Gravy
...Seriously, isn't anyone else aware of Bashou/Hun's gender alteration? I'd have thought people would have jumped at the chance to point it out as soon as the character opened his mouth >.>

The opening theme was SUCH a cliché.

Sharpshooter
No matter how good it is, I always think the opening theme song's crap at the first time of hearing, but this one was very bland, I think this is the first time the narrator even talks through it.

I've not seen the Japanese version but there does seem to be one too many errors here. Nevertheless I found at the first time of viewing, the episode to be very enjoyable. Will be waiting in anticipation for part 2 undoubtedly.

Katrica
11th May 2005, 5:31 PM
I refused to watch the episode after 5 minutes of it...It's awful O_O What DID they do to poor Bashou!?

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 5:36 PM
Wait a moment, he was Hun? I thought I saw someone calling him "'Tilla" just a moment ago.

As I said elsewhere, 212-758-7666 ext 257 is the number to call to complain.

PikaKyle
11th May 2005, 5:43 PM
It was CRAP! Vincent? Jimmy? MARINA? What the hell are those names? and JACKSON's voice changed. Why did they change Jackson, Yoshi and Dani's names! and I hate the new voices of Nurse Joy and some other pokemon...

Torkoal Stu
11th May 2005, 5:43 PM
Noooooo! I forgot and went out asnd missed it! Is it getting repeated at 7pm right?

Wait I just checked it is! Yay!

Emma Iveli
11th May 2005, 5:54 PM
That evil organzation! How can you forget that character, I may be in the US but that sounds bad. Except for the Nurse Joy thing, they changed her voice a long time ago, since Maxxed Out.

CyberCubed
11th May 2005, 6:05 PM
It was CRAP! Vincent? Jimmy? MARINA? What the hell are those names? and JACKSON's voice changed. Why did they change Jackson, Yoshi and Dani's names! and I hate the new voices of Nurse Joy and some other pokemon...

Dude, Marina is her Japanese name.

Sharpshooter
11th May 2005, 6:25 PM
Ok it appears the theme song lyrics went like this:

------------------------------------

Gotta catch'em,

Gotta catch'em,

Gotta catch'em all! Pokémon!

P-O-K-E-M-O-N
("pee-oh-kay-ee-em-oh-en")

Party!

P-O-K-E-M-O-N

Pokémon!

P-O-K-E-M-O-N

P-O-K-E-M-O-N
("pee-oh-kay-ee-em-oh-en") - somebody woman singing it in a high pitched voice this time.

P-O-K-E-M-O-N

Pokémon!

(Narrator now talking while music is still being played)

"Old Friends!"

"New beginnings!"

"Never before seen stories, from the world of pokémon!"

(The "Pee-oh-kay-ee-em-oh-en" spelling is sung in tandem with this next part)

Gotta catch'em,

Gotta catch'em,

Gotta catch'em,

Gotta catch'em,

-------------------------------------

Opening was approximatley 33 seconds long.

Gravy
11th May 2005, 6:26 PM
'Dani and Yoshi' were always debatble canon names for the dub anyway. They were never actually confirmed to be the dub names for Kenta and Marina, so why complain?

Heh, so what are we going to do about Jun'ichi now then? Is he a Jackson or a Vincent? I can see much confusion ahead. Unless Vincent is his evil twin. Shock, horror.

CyberCubed
11th May 2005, 6:29 PM
Was Nurse Joy done by the same VA who does her in the series? I keep hearing people complain about her voice...?

Blackjack Gabbiani
11th May 2005, 6:30 PM
Joy's voice changed a while ago when her original VA left.

CyberCubed
11th May 2005, 6:37 PM
Then I guess these people complaining about her dub voice is unwarrented.

Sharpshooter
11th May 2005, 6:40 PM
In this episode it was her new voice, not the old one, meaning the chroncles were dubbed quite recently, which is a shame because Eric Stuart's voice is gonna suck still. I wonder who Cassidy's voice will be played by?

Torkoal Stu
11th May 2005, 7:11 PM
Who saw that clip on the intro where we saw Marina, Jimmy and Vincent were picking their first pokemon? I thought it was great. Tonnes of hints between Marina and everybody. Marina love Lance, Vincent and Jimmy. Hee Hee.

fanderichie
11th May 2005, 7:56 PM
I refused to watch the episode after 5 minutes of it...It's awful O_O What DID they do to poor Bashou!?

How can they changed bashou's gender?!?!?!?!? WHY?!?!?!?!

Trendy_boy87
11th May 2005, 8:03 PM
well i have to say he started to look like girl now he has the voice

PiPikachu
11th May 2005, 8:09 PM
For those who have not been paying attention the theme song to the show is the first few lyrics from POKERAP GS (Can be heard on The Totally Pokémon CD)

Trendy_boy87
11th May 2005, 8:10 PM
state the obvious why dont ya lol

omg *has a vision to the misty episodes* what if they butcher the rest with bad writing and voice changes

11th May 2005, 8:15 PM
they better not make the other specials unspecial! *shakes fist at 4kids*

btw did u notice they changed the 4 kids logo and during the credits they shown clips of part 2?

PiPikachu
11th May 2005, 8:16 PM
state the obvious why dont ya lol
Yes because some people seem to think its a new song

omg *has a vision to the misty episodes* what if they butcher the rest with bad writing and voice changes

You mean like giving the fighting brothers (seen in 'Gotta Catch Ya Later') completely different names? :P