PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon Direct - September 4th - Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Serebii
4th September 2013, 10:54 AM
http://i.imgur.com/w1pN0gG.png
Moving discussion to here so that the other threads aren't spammed like crazy. It'll be closed following the Direct

A Pokémon Direct has been announced for today. This Pokémon Direct is due to air worldwide at 4am PDT/7am EDT/12pm BST/1pm CET. We do not currently know the contents of this Pokémon Direct but we'll have everything live tomorrow

Japanese Link: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20130904/index.html
US Link: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/archive/09-04-2013/
UK Link: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

AuroriumX
4th September 2013, 11:00 AM
2 hours to go. Bring it on!

DryBones
4th September 2013, 11:00 AM
I'm hoping we see more footage of explorable areas and terrain (caves, mountains, forests etc. I kinda like how they haven't shown us too many of the new Pokemon but enough to keep people interested. Gonna feel like Red/Blue all over again :P

thefirstcarter
4th September 2013, 11:03 AM
fingers crossed for starter evos!!

Lorde
4th September 2013, 11:05 AM
I really hope they reveal the Kalos Starters' evolved forms. I've been waiting for them for months to be honest. Also, like someone said, I'd love to see more terrains and possibly some more information about Team Flare; I feel like they're still so mysterious and I'd really like some more concrete information about their organization.

DryBones
4th September 2013, 11:08 AM
fingers crossed for starter evos!!

I'd like to see Fennekin's evos. I'm just a bit nervous that they might mess it up and it'll look awful. Hopefully not though. Vulpix->Ninetails was pretty sweet.

Aetius
4th September 2013, 11:09 AM
I'd like to see Fennekin's evos. I'm just a bit nervous that they might mess it up and it'll look awful. Hopefully not though. Vulpix->Ninetails was pretty sweet.

Instead I hope that they won't show the starters' evo.
But I agree with all of you about the rest. :D

Shymain
4th September 2013, 11:11 AM
What I'm looking for is not more Pokemon, but more previously unimplemented ideas/concepts/mechanics.

Smeargle1987
4th September 2013, 11:12 AM
Excited! Hurry up Nintendo Direct!

Sorry to go off Topic,if I order the games off Amazon or a similiar site,doesnt it usually get delivered the day before? Only reason I ask is because my housemate has had games the day before official release in stores

Dragalge
4th September 2013, 11:12 AM
I remember back in January when X and Y were first announced. Look how far we gotten.

Anyway I'm expecting some more footage showcasing new areas, one new Pokémon/MegaEvolution and Dream Battles.

thefirstcarter
4th September 2013, 11:15 AM
I remember back in January when X and Y were first announced. Look how far we gotten.

Anyway I'm expecting some more footage showcasing new areas, one new Pokémon/MegaEvolution and Dream Battles.

Dream Battles? did I miss something? is that gonna be a thing??

MastersOfMonsters
4th September 2013, 11:15 AM
As long as we get a New Pokémon, or a New Mega, I will be happy, since reveals of New Pkmn is the biggest thing for me. ^^ But I do expect a fairly big amount of info, mainly on Megas and some new maybe unannounced Features.

I also expect Sakurai to make a second Pic of the Day with a Pokémon character right after (for Smash, I mean), haha.

Dragalge
4th September 2013, 11:16 AM
Dream Battles? did I miss something? is that gonna be a thing??

No other word was mentioned about it besides apparently being something new to the games.

Frozen Sunset
4th September 2013, 11:17 AM
I'm not expecting much, prolly just the starter evo's along with maybe an event legend and more battle footage. Along with some extra hyping just to remind us it's right around the corner.

Lorde
4th September 2013, 11:18 AM
Now that others mention it I guess it might not be in Nintendo's best interest to showcase completely new Pokemon; I mean they've already revealed tons and they probably want to keep a few secret. I think they'll probably stick with showing more in-game mechanics like mega evolution, which I still dislike but I can't deny that it's got a lot of people interested.

MastersOfMonsters
4th September 2013, 11:20 AM
Now that others mention it I guess it might not be in Nintendo's best interest to showcase completely new Pokemon; I mean they've already revealed tons and they probably want to keep a few secret. I think they'll probably stick with showing more in-game mechanics like mega evolution, which I still dislike but I can't deny that it's got a lot of people interested.

Well, with Black and White, about 50 of 156 Pokémon were revealed Before release, and this Gen seems to be a big one, too. They have plenty of Pokémon to reveal without revealing too much. ^^

EDIT: The Direct will be about 20 Minutes in lenght.

DryBones
4th September 2013, 11:20 AM
I'm not expecting much, prolly just the starter evo's along with maybe an event legend and more battle footage. Along with some extra hyping just to remind us it's right around the corner.

I think they could show us anything and everyone would still go nuts. The hype train is on full steam ahead :P

Hoping it will be good watch though, I'm personally not entirely on board with the Mega Evolutions thing, but its still early days. No doubt they'll show us at least 1 or 2 more of those.

AuroriumX
4th September 2013, 11:21 AM
I would also love to see the typing and some extra info about Oorotto as well.

thefirstcarter
4th September 2013, 11:22 AM
No other word was mentioned about it besides apparently being something new to the games.

where was it mentioned? could you point me to the source it it's not too much trouble??

Dragalge
4th September 2013, 11:24 AM
where was it mentioned? could you point me to the source it it's not too much trouble??

Here is the image:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BS6t8lmCEAAhI-h.jpg

thefirstcarter
4th September 2013, 11:25 AM
Here is the image:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BS6t8lmCEAAhI-h.jpg

oh, okay. has anyone translated this yet?

EDIT: roughly or otherwise?

Serebii
4th September 2013, 11:31 AM
That's just merchandise...

Navarch
4th September 2013, 11:37 AM
The best part is when Pokemon Direct is over. You're just like, "Wow. This is happening."

Gabry00023
4th September 2013, 11:41 AM
I would be very happy with:
- 3 new pokés;
- 2 new mega evos;
- 2 more cities;
- more about that gym leader (I think she is korina);
- more about mega training.

I know this is almost impossible, but at least the last 3 points would be very good, as they haven't released almost anything about the region locations.

Munchy
4th September 2013, 11:46 AM
I hope for something about the Fairy-type, perferably some confirmation about strengths and weaknesses, but I'll be happy with at least a few more revelations of retyped old Pokemon.

IrieFuse
4th September 2013, 12:01 PM
I hope for something about the Fairy-type, perferably some confirmation about strengths and weaknesses, but I'll be happy with at least a few more revelations of retyped old Pokemon.

i forgot about that. but now i feel like it's just going to be the type chart

Ditto24
4th September 2013, 12:09 PM

It came from a translation of the next Smash episode, although odds are the translation is really iffy.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/smash/

Then that merchandise of sleeping pokemon have kinda been connected to it. It's probably people over looking things, I know I do, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Oshakpop
4th September 2013, 12:11 PM
I really can't guess what they're gonna come with, they've surprised us too much this generation xD. Maybe the updated Type chart? I can't see them revealing all the same stuff that comes from CoroCoro (I don't think all if any of the Pokémon from CoroCoro would be revealed here, in fact I think only one Pokémon if that)

JUST TOO EXCITED!

Royal_Qeca
4th September 2013, 12:15 PM
I hope we get some more old Pokémon retyped Fairy type here and more details about X&Y features (Pokémon Amie, Mega evolutions: new ones, Super Training and something brand new) + new Pokémon from Kalos. Probably we will get to know a little more about Team Flare and the the story. I really, really hope they reveal some Pokémon getting "normal" evolutions, though... If Sylveon is the only one than I'll be a sad Fennekin. BRING IT ON!

Oh and I wonder if they will reveal that second (supposed) Mega evolution that looks like Mew (like the rumour said - despite the Mega thing).

tl;dr - I'M EXCITED!

adamfitz
4th September 2013, 12:16 PM
Didn't see it was the 4th!
Only 50 minutes now!
Very excited
Really curious what they could show us!

Gloryus
4th September 2013, 12:19 PM
About 40 minutes to go! Really looking forward to seeing something that'll make me jump out of my seat. Hopefully this isn't going be anticlimactic.

Shαde
4th September 2013, 12:20 PM
A type chart was already confirmed for this upcoming CoroCoro, wasn't it? So... I'm hoping that one doesn't get revealed, that would take up too many seconds that could be spent on other goodies. Hehe.

I was just about to go to sleep, when I saw this. >< No sleep for me.

Bleh, if only I could type at this hour.

Serebii
4th September 2013, 12:21 PM
It came from a translation of the next Smash episode, although odds are the translation is really iffy.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/smash/

Then that merchandise of sleeping pokemon have kinda been connected to it. It's probably people over looking things, I know I do, so we'll just have to wait and see.

That says nothing about Dream Battles. It says Morimoto is appearing to demonstrate XY battles

Castform07
4th September 2013, 12:25 PM
I want some retyping on old pokes to fairy. E.G I would like to see Castform gain a fairy type or a mega evolution :)

S

Ditto24
4th September 2013, 12:26 PM
That says nothing about Dream Battles. It says Morimoto is appearing to demonstrate XY battles

Ah, case closed then.

EverChanger
4th September 2013, 12:27 PM

I'm no major in Japanese, but I'd put money on it saying something like "Morimoto shows the Pokémon Smash crew the battle of their dreams!" or something cliché like that, and people heard "battle of dreams" and went all "Dream Battles confirmed omg!"

adamfitz
4th September 2013, 12:28 PM
Has anybody any idea on what to expect from this?
My hopes arnt too high for once

Rakurai
4th September 2013, 12:32 PM
I'm only expecting a few new Pokemon, and maybe a new gameplay feature.

I think there's also a possibility we might get a little more info on the mystery Pokemon game that was shown earlier.

Dragalge
4th September 2013, 12:35 PM

Ah OK, wasn't aware of that.

But still, I would love to see some footage showcasing a snowy field in one of the scenes, caves, rocky grounds and grass fields have been shown so I hope to see more.

Less than 30 minutes everyone.

Aetius
4th September 2013, 12:37 PM
Enough with the countdown! you're making me even more excited. LOL
Still I really hope that they will show us something interesting; I don't want this direct to be about things we already know.

belleaurora
4th September 2013, 12:39 PM
I'm really not expecting too much from this Pokemon Direct. I figure it will tease us with enough new information until CoroCoro is released or even the games' release. The thing that would make me happiest was if they revealed some new evolutions, that aren't megaevolutions, for old Pokemon. At the moment, the only new evolution for an old Pokemon is Sylveon, so a few more would suffice *ahem* Dunsparce *ahem*.

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 12:39 PM
Enough with the countdown! you're making me even more excited. LOL
Still I really hope that they will show us something interesting; I don't want this direct to be about things we already know.

Morning Guys! Boy I couldn't even sleep last night because I was so pumped up for what we are going to get today. I am hoping for Starter Evolutions, more about the Region, and the revel of Mega-Arcanine :). Oh! Aetius Spoil sport. I was wanting to do the next Countdown number.

MastersOfMonsters
4th September 2013, 12:41 PM
This Direct will be terrible and will only show things we already know about.

There, now I will be very happy when it turns out we get loads of new stuff~

Aetius
4th September 2013, 12:43 PM
Morning Guys! Boy I couldn't even sleep last night because I was so pumped up for what we are going to get today. I am hoping for Starter Evolutions, more about the Region, and the revel of Mega-Arcanine :). Oh! Aetius Spoil sport. I was wanting to do the next Countdown number.

Sorry, it's just that I'm almost dying here. XD

That's also my fear.
Still I wish that we could know new stuff today. :D

Aurath8
4th September 2013, 12:44 PM

This is my philosophy to all pokemon announcements. Expect nothing, and everything will be better than expected.

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 12:46 PM
This is my philosophy to all pokemon announcements. Expect nothing, and everything will be better than expected.

Little late for that I am afraid Auratha8.

MastersOfMonsters
4th September 2013, 12:47 PM
@Aura/Aetius
I know, but I always get very excited too easy. ^^" However, this time I am not worried, since they DID say 'New Details', so it has to be something we don't know. And it being a while Direct instead of a simple update somewhere, there should either be something Big, or many Small things.

Crud, got excited again.

Akashin
4th September 2013, 12:48 PM
That's also my fear.
Still I wish that we could know new stuff today. :D

A Pokemon Direct wouldn't be used to rehash old information, so I think you have nothing to worry about. Worry about what we'll get (or don't, as MoM was inferring), not if we'll get it.

AuroriumX

A pessimist is never disappointed.

Navarch
Am I the only one that wants actual Evolutions? Mega Evolutions are only temporary, I want some Regular Evolutions!

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 12:49 PM
@Aura/Aetius
I know, but I always get very excited too easy. ^^" However, this time I am not worried, since they DID say 'New Details', so it has to be something we don't know. And it being a while Direct instead of a simple update somewhere, there should either be something Big, or many Small things.

Crud, got excited again.

Calm Down MasterofMonsters Breathe Breathe. Oh and Aetius about 10 minutes to go :)

DryBones
4th September 2013, 12:50 PM
Am I the only one that wants actual Evolutions? Mega Evolutions are only temporary, I want some Regular Evolutions!

I'd rather see normal evos too.

thefirstcarter
4th September 2013, 12:51 PM

i'd like to see starter evos, another eeveelution to pair with sylveon and noivern's line (we all agree that noivern isn't a stand-alone poke, right?)

Wulava
4th September 2013, 12:52 PM
Heh... the moment this thing starts. This page would instantly jump to 50-100 pages.

MastersOfMonsters
Calm Down MasterofMonsters Breathe Breathe. Oh and Aetius about 10 minutes to go :)

Nah, sorry, died from excitement. :3

Well, no more time to get hypes since it will start any second now. Let's see what they have to show~

Zyon
I'm really excited I've got my phone ready, and my computer ready just in case I lose the wi-fi signal(the wi-fi doesn't like my phone :/).

I don't really know what to expect an it's going to be 20 mins long, a lot of stuff can happen in that time.

Akashin

Assuming you mean new Evolutions for old Pokemon, eh, with some exceptions I'm happy with Mega Evos for now. So long as Mega Evos don't mean the end of old Pokemon getting regular Evolutions for good, I'm fine with not getting any of them this Gen; we're getting more than enough already.

Zyon
4th September 2013, 12:54 PM
Heh... the moment this thing starts. This page would instantly jump to 50-100 pages.No kidding especially if they reveal something incredible.
Only 7 mins to go :D

thefirstcarter
4th September 2013, 12:55 PM
No kidding especially if they reveal something incredible.
Only 7 mins to go :D

5 minutes to go. anyone else dying from excitement?

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 12:56 PM
5 minutes to go. anyone else dying from excitement?

Yelp. Here too. MasterofMonsters was there 5 minutes ago.

Aurath8
4th September 2013, 12:57 PM
Heh... the moment this thing starts. This page would instantly jump to 50-100 pages.

Oh gosh, I still remember the last direct way back in January. 1000 posts in 4 hours...

Aetius
4th September 2013, 12:57 PM

Stop teasing me. XD

That's what I too think. LOL

adamfitz
4th September 2013, 12:58 PM

True
But I'll be focusing on the footage rather then writing on the thread
I also agreed that normal evo would be better

Aura Flare Riolu
4th September 2013, 12:58 PM
I'd say the Updated Type Chart, more Mega Evolutions, Evolutions of older Pokemon and more Pokemon reclassified as Fairy are on the cards. Some of them at least. My hope is the Updated Type Chart. I know Corocoro will have it but it's still a possibility.

Floette
4th September 2013, 12:59 PM
Okay I dragged myself out of bed at this ungodly hour, so can we *please* have a Mega Castform and a reveal of whether or not we can transfer pokes?

thefirstcarter
here we go guys.

Pokegirl0102
I really hope this all new news and not about the recent game shows

Aetius
4th September 2013, 1:00 PM
It's starting! Waaaaaahhhhh.

Zyon
It's starting come on Mega Evolution starters :D

Gloryus
And so it begins...

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 1:01 PM
Its not coming up for me? Am I in the wrong spots. It the same link from the main site.

Zyon
4th September 2013, 1:05 PM
An of course the lag is just as bad as ever :/
Keeps pausing every min for me :P

Floette
It's skipping around for me a lot :/ Very laggy. But they're talking about "Pokemon Bank" what is this?

EDIT: transferring confirmed, too laggy for me to know how :p

EDIT2: is there an annual fee for Poke Bank? (it looks that way)

EDIT3: there IS a fee for Pokemon Bank

Aetius
Its not coming up for me? Am I in the wrong spots. It the same link from the main site.

Use the UK link. :D
This pokčmon bank seems interesting though.
And yes at the transfering pokčmon from BW to X and y.

Lucario At Service
New thing, Pokemon Bank which seems sort of a on-line Pokemon Storage able to store around 3000 pokemons, it seems.

Next is another new aspect named Pokemon Mover which lets us transfer pokemon from B/W/B2/W2 games to the X/Y games.

Oshakpop
4th September 2013, 1:08 PM
Pokémon Bank confirms a lot for me! I CAN CONTINUE TRAINING MY EEVEE FAMILY!

AuroriumX
4th September 2013, 1:08 PM
So now it's confirmed that we can transfer Pokemon from B/W to X/Y.

thefirstcarter
4th September 2013, 1:09 PM
no lag here. pokemon bank=cloud for pokemon (requires annual fee). poketransfer=migration from BW and BW2

EDIT: please don't let this be all there is revealed DX

EDIT: KANTO STARTERS CONFIRMED!!!! MEGA KANTO STARTER EVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!

EDIT: MEGA EVOS COMING FOR ALL POKES.

Recon
4th September 2013, 1:09 PM
So there's an annual fee, good it's annual, but how much is it? That's the big question here.

Aetius
4th September 2013, 1:10 PM
So now it's confirmed that we can transfer Pokemon from B/W to X/Y.

Yes, that is awesome and also obvious.

Gloryus
4th September 2013, 1:11 PM
These apps sound great and the cloud system seem very efficient too. It's gonna cost a fee though.

Zyon
4th September 2013, 1:11 PM
The lag is gone now.
A pokemon Bank and Transfer so cool. A way to transfer Pokemon from B/W B2/W2 to X/Y YESSSSSS! You can store 3,000 POKEMON OMG!!!!
Pokemon Bank will be an annual fee, I wonder how much?

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 1:12 PM
Transfering is real!! YES!! Come on boys we are moving to kalos. Shines in 3d.

[ACE] Zero
Annual Fee? Ok, at least they said we can use it for future titles as well.
Mega Ring!! Mega Original Starters!!

RXL Hope
I like the idea of Pokemon bank, but I'm concerned w/ it losing your poke- OH MY GOD I CAN GET A CHARMANDER AGAIN.

Gloryus
Sycamore gives you KANTO starters???!!!

AND THEY ALL GET MEGA EVOS TOO!!!!!!!!

Floette
4th September 2013, 1:13 PM
We get Gen 1 Starters in X and Y it seems

Mega Kanto starters seem to be confirmed

Aetius
4th September 2013, 1:13 PM
The lag is gone now.
A pokemon Bank and Transfer so cool. You can store 3,000 POKEMON OMG!!!!
Pokemon Bank will be an annual fee, I wonder how much?

I believe it won't be high.
Whoa MEGACHARIZARD, VENUSAUR AND BLASTOISE.

Lucario At Service
4th September 2013, 1:14 PM
Kanto Starters got Mega Evolution.

AuroriumX
4th September 2013, 1:15 PM
Holy crap the awesomeness that is Mega Blastoise! All of them look really cool.

Zyon
4th September 2013, 1:15 PM
OMG MEGA EVOLUTIONS FOR GEN 1 STARTERS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Charizard looks EPIC!!!!!!

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 1:16 PM
This so unfair. what is Mega Ring?

Aetius
I think I won't survive until the end of the of direct. LOL
Nice to have the kanto starters and then teir megaevo!

Munchy
Mega Kanto starters were a given really, I bet only the ones given by the professor hold the Mega Stones.

Lucario At Service
Mega Charizard
http://oi39.*******.com/30aua06.png

Aetius
4th September 2013, 1:18 PM
Finally he will be dragon/fire.
It comes to my mind the joke they put in the anime with Iris. XD

Floette
4th September 2013, 1:19 PM
SPECIAL 3DS released on September 27th in USA AHHH

storm12
4th September 2013, 1:20 PM
NOOOO why tell us NOW they're releasing those consoles! FFS!! NOO!

ChaosMage
Megaevolutions of the Kanto Starters? Yep, that's just incredible.

RXL Hope
The Mega Kanto evolutions pushed this game onto the top of my need list.

[ACE] Zero
So the new 3DS XL look awesome!!!

Gloryus
Wow... That was a little more than I expected. All in all, I'm pleased with what I saw today.

Aurath8
4th September 2013, 1:21 PM
Pokemon Bank Annual Fee - No.

Mega Kanto Evolutions - Yes.

/thread

adamfitz
I'll but it simple:

1st gen starter megas, not a fan of their designs
Getting a kanto starter, I won't be using it
Poke bank, great idea, but do we really have to pay?

Wulava
That was a bit underwhelming... but I'm glad that there's finally a method to transfer my Gen VPokemon into XY.
The best news is probably that we get the Gen 1 starters early in the game.

AuroriumX
Those special edition 3DS' look freaking amazing!

All in all a very solid amount of info I think, considering there is probably going to be more on the next CoroCoro.

Frozen Sunset
4th September 2013, 1:22 PM
Pretty underwhelming Direct.....
We were pretty certain the kanto starters would get mega evos, and the rest of the announcement was for a paid service....lol

kirkeastment
Pokemon Bank is a great idea, and its good to see a way to actually trade your Pokemon from one game to another, without the aid of a secondary console.

As for the fee... well what do you expect? Services have to cost money in order for them to be sustainable, and since this is clearly a long term service, its beneficial to everyone that is sticks around.

Royal_Qeca
I'll but it simple:

1st gen starter megas, not a fan of their designs
Getting a kanto starter, I won't be using it
Poke bank, great idea, but do we really have to pay?

You have to pay the service... that's how it works because of its costs.

Aetius
Oh, it's over...
Well it was a nice direct and it gave us excellent info, plus the megaevo of the kanto starters.

DryBones
4th September 2013, 1:23 PM
Doubt I'll use PokeBank but it's a cool idea.
Kanto starters, hell yeah.

edu1987
Mega Blastoise is awesome!

I don't expect this annual fee to exceed 4 or 5 dollars... that's not that much

elorasheppard
My question with the pokebank is: will it be the only way to get pokemon from BW to XY? Or will they also do an ingame transfer for players with two 3ds consoles? It seems a shame to charge people for something some of us may only use once :/

The Super Kid
I am now overly excited about Pokemon X and Y. Kanto megas, mega evolution secrets, transferring, bank, it's ALL TOO MUCH TOO HANDLE!

But I don't have a 3DS :(

overlimit22
Mega Kanto Starters as well as the ability to get them early is great. I Think it was a really nice design to give people the Kanto Starters Early. It's like a new beginning.

I Also love The Idea of Pokemon Bank. Considering that it will be usable with future games, as well as maintenance so data isn't lost, an annual fee is fair enough as long as it doesn't over do it.

Nutter t.KK
I hope Joes PC can cope with all news today!

(Last Pokémon Direct His Computer died just after the news. He had a spare up in a few moments..)

Rakurai
As long as the fee for Pokemon Bank isn't more then $5 a month, I'm cool with it.

For nostalgia's sake, I'm definitely picking Charmander, though whether I actually use it depends on what other Pokemon are available.

Chris-kun
4th September 2013, 1:24 PM
I'm sorta borderline on Bank. I want to know what this annual fee is. If it's something reasonable like 5-10 bucks, that's cool. But I'm not down for shelling out 20 bucks for it, or heaven forbid full title price either. Even if it is annual. And Nintendo can't expect people to actually pay that much for a service like this

Shαde
So, now I've got a major problem.

Event Torchic, Fennekin, and a starter Charmander.

What am I going to do!?

Arceusgamer14
OMG, The Kanto Starters and their Mega Evolution, I love you Nintendo and Game Freak!
Since I'm thinking of starting with Fennekin, It might be the choice between Bulbasaur & Squirtle
or I could get Charmander as well! :P

The-Predator
Pokebank: I think its a great idea! Except when the Internet cuts off.....I'll happily pay for it, if only to see all my awesome 3D mons. And the mega evos for the original startes are just awesome!

adamfitz
Well I'll only need to use poke bank once to transfers my pokemon
Hoping the cost isn't to unreasonable
I guess I'll have to use it to get my meaningful, shiny and flawless pokemon onto x

kirkeastment
4th September 2013, 1:25 PM
As long as the fee for Pokemon Bank isn't more then $5 a month, I'm cool with it.

For nostalgia's sake, I'm definitely picking Charmander, though whether I actually use it depends on what other Pokemon are available.

I'll be amazed if the fee is $5 a month.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it will be $15 a year... maybe $20 at most.

Excitable Boy
4th September 2013, 1:25 PM
So, if you don't pay the fee, you lose your Pokemon, I guess?

Aurath8
4th September 2013, 1:26 PM

Yeah, they did say 'annual fee'.

raymaxxp
MegaCharizardis still FIRE/FLYING no dragon :(

Mr. Reloaded
Pokemon transfer- Yes.
Pokemon- Yes. Fee doesn't bother me.
Kanto starters YES!
Kanto Starter Mega Evolutions- oh yes! I want to see the reactions from Genwunners!

IrieFuse
we get the kanto starters early in-game?... why?

Chimchar15
Honestly I felt the it was a good direct. While there wasn't anything monumental I still enjoyed it. The whole mega evolution process was cool and the I will be get that red 3DSXL. The pokebank is a great idea and I don't mind it being a paid service if it's being continually updated.

Aurath8
Is MegaCharizard Fire/Dragon now?

C'mon.

AwaitingOctober
It was a bit lag filled for me, so just to clarify - in order to transfer pokemon from black/white/v1/v2 you have to transfer them to the bank...which you have to pay for? Little disappointing if that's correct.

Excitable Boy

because they can

Izanagi
4th September 2013, 1:27 PM

Most likely to show the new game mechanic that is Mega Evolutions.

Sid87
4th September 2013, 1:27 PM
So does this verify that we have to PAY to transfer our old Pokemon up to X/Y? If so, that is absolutely ludicrous. Easily the worst news ever for this generation.

Royal_Qeca
4th September 2013, 1:28 PM

Wynaut? At least it breaks old patterns.

Chris-kun
It was a bit lag filled for me, so just to clarify - in order to transfer pokemon from black/white/v1/v2 you have to transfer them to the bank...which you have to pay for? Little disappointing if that's correct.

Yeah, but Bank is to be compatible with future titles and requires constant matienence, an annual fee is not a bad thing as long as it's not unreasonable. I'm just worried its' going to be a lot :l

Aetius
Is MegaCharizard Fire/Dragon now?

C'mon.

It must be.
He's way more draconic in his megaevo form.

gullshen
does anybody else get the felling this game is gunna a little harder then the rest i mean there giving use 3 starters from day 1

Wulava
4th September 2013, 1:29 PM
Do you guys think that you'll really be using Pokemon Bank for more than a year?
You can transfer all of your Pokemon into XY within a week or less. Unless you guys plan on storing them on the bank forever.

Royal_Qeca
So does this verify that we have to PAY to transfer our old Pokemon up to X/Y? If so, that is absolutely ludicrous. Easily the worst news ever for this generation.

You have to PAY because using such a service for a long time with a good security demands that. At least you make sure nothing wrong happens to it while they are stored (like the system crashes and all your mons say goodbye to you).

silvake

Kotaku is saying that it is only 500 yen a year or $5 bucks a year. If that is true.... I am completely on board....

Reshiram44
4th September 2013, 1:30 PM
Wow, that was interesting.
Im more excited about Pokemon Tranferer but that involves buying Bank. qq

Floette
4th September 2013, 1:31 PM
does anybody else get the felling this game is gunna a little harder then the rest i mean there giving use 3 starters from day 1

I sure hope so.

Do you guys think that you'll really be using Pokemon Bank for more than a year?
You can transfer all of your Pokemon into XY within a week or less. Unless you guys plan on storing them on the bank forever.

I'll probably use it for one year, like you said. I mean.. if I ever want to store them in the bank again, I can always pay the fee again. So if I'm not doing any actual transferring, I don't see why I need it. I'm hoping the Bank / Transfer system includes a legitimacy check..

The-Predator
In reply to gullshen's post: Who cares? We are getting 3 starters, with little effort in getting them, and at least 3 of them mega evolve. I say BRING IT ON!

AwaitingOctober
Yeah, but Bank is to be compatible with future titles and requires constant matienence, an annual fee is not a bad thing as long as it's not unreasonable. I'm just worried its' going to be a lot :l

You know what, I didn't think of it like that. As you said, just hopefully it's a fair price - i'm sure it will be.

Well, I know I'm still excited for X and Y then! Nothing I've really disliked so far. It's all new and exciting. As far as I'm concerned the Mega-Evo's are just another free plus. It's not like they are sacrificing new pokemon or game play for the addition of Mego-evos. Just a cool optional feature :)

Jbo
We get Gen 1 Starters in X and Y it seems

Mega Kanto starters seem to be confirmed

so pokebeach leaker got another right

kirkeastment
4th September 2013, 1:32 PM

Of course. I mean unless you missed it, Pokemon Bank is to be compatible with all future iterations of the Pokemon Franchise for handheld. So yeah, if there is no way to transfer between gen 6 & 7.

Also, lest you forget, many people don't own "Two" 3DS consoles, so a fee of say $15 a year to allow unlimited transfer, using just one console, is stupendous news, rather than forking out another $170.

Plus what if you want to train a Pokemon in B/W or B2/W2, you're gonna want to transfer it over to X/Y at some point for competitive gameplay or just to see its badass in 3D. :D

adamfitz
4th September 2013, 1:34 PM

I'll only need it for one day
Let's hope you can pay for a one time year use

Guess XandY had to have a downside at some point
Its okay I guess
But I don't use my credit card a lot, guess I better start :D

thetamale
4th September 2013, 1:34 PM
Assuming the Bank doesn't cost too much there are still things I need to know - held items and especially eggs. If I can send these from Black to X and Y (assuming it doesn't care if the items were hacked in) then I'll gladly pay for one year's service.

Sid87
4th September 2013, 1:35 PM

I have always enjoyed Pokemon because they DIDN'T charge awful mini-transactions for everything like so many other games do. And now they are taking a basic ability we have had for free for YEARS, and charging us a fee for it. How long before they start selling expansion packs or items or event pokemon? This is a step in the WRONG direction.

And I have HUNDREDS of Pokemon on my Black save file. There's no way I'll be able or even want to transfer them all at once. Not saying I'll not be able to do it all within a year, but... who knows? The point is, it's absurd that suddenly I have to pay for something I've been able to do for free for years. I have two 3DS'... I just hope there's a way to transfer with them.

Chris-kun

Bank is compatible with future titles, so they said today, so yeah, you would need to use it in the future I imagine this is how they plan to transfer from now on

ziktus
Wow this Direct was making me more sad than exited.

First of all pokemon bank is a really good idea for the people that need it, for those that don't it sucks that we have to pay for pokemon bank, even if we just want to use pokemon transfer to get our pokemon from b&w/b&w2 to x&y. I'm also afraid their are going to go insane with those mega evolutions. I don't want to be forced to use a mega evolution to stay competative, which I hope won't be the case but I do expect it to be the case.

Other than that it's neat that we get the Kanto starters from the professor.

Citizen Insane
4th September 2013, 1:36 PM
Everyone who says that "genwunners" will hate this, shut the f*** up. No one's got time to look at your blabbering labeling and judging. I f****** love the Kanto mega evolutions! :D

Venesaur with Thick Fat, mu ovaries... ;__;

AwaitingOctober

Well there are many more rivals this time around, that could be a reason as to why. That, and perhaps there seems to be more interesting typings too.

Floette
Of course. I mean unless you missed it, Pokemon Bank is to be compatible with all future iterations of the Pokemon Franchise for handheld. So yeah, if there is no way to transfer between gen 6 & 7.

Also, lest you forget, many people don't own "Two" 3DS consoles, so a fee of say $15 a year to allow unlimited transfer, using just one console, is stupendous news, rather than forking out another $170.

Plus what if you want to train a Pokemon in B/W or B2/W2, you're gonna want to transfer it over to X/Y at some point for competitive gameplay or just to see its badass in 3D. :D

This is exactly right. In fact, I had considered buying a 2DS for $130 just for transferring if need be. But, alas, not necessary. People also forget, cloud storage is not cheap. Of course we have to pay for the added security.

IrieFuse
4th September 2013, 1:37 PM
because they can

nobody likes a smart ***

Most likely to show the new game mechanic that is Mega Evolutions.

and ya that's true makes enough sense. I guess it's just weird kuz you're basically given 2 pokemon from the get-go. It also takes away the feeling of exclusivity to the kanto region IMO but whatever I'll definitely take advantage of it and get myself a squirtle.

Sid87
4th September 2013, 1:38 PM
Pokemon is entering the lame video game market of mini-transactions for stuff we used to be able to do for free. How long before they start charging fees for "expansion packs" or rare items or event pokemon?

Pokemon Bank is a step in the wrong direction for the franchise.

Royal_Qeca
4th September 2013, 1:38 PM
I have always enjoyed Pokemon because they DIDN'T charge awful mini-transactions for everything like so many other games do. And now they are taking a basic ability we have had for free for YEARS, and charging us a fee for it. How long before they start selling expansion packs or items or event pokemon? This is a step in the WRONG direction.

And I have HUNDREDS of Pokemon on my Black save file. There's no way I'll be able or even want to transfer them all at once. Not saying I'll not be able to do it all within a year, but... who knows? The point is, it's absurd that suddenly I have to pay for something I've been able to do for free for years. I have two 3DS'... I just hope there's a way to transfer with them.

As if a SECURE cloud system was cheap to maintain data for years... We are not talking about a simple 3DS app here. ;)

Wulava
4th September 2013, 1:39 PM
Bank is compatible with future titles, so they said today, so yeah, you would need to use it in the future I imagine this is how they plan to transfer from now on

I guess I missed that bit of information. As long as the fee is reasonable, I'm good.

Citizen Insane
4th September 2013, 1:40 PM
Pokemon is entering the lame video game market of mini-transactions for stuff we used to be able to do for free. How long before they start charging fees for "expansion packs" or rare items or event pokemon?

I agree. I will not use Pokémon Bank if it isn't for free.

adamfitz
4th September 2013, 1:41 PM
I'm hoping that the bank will be a one off thing for this gen
And we can go back to the old way of transfaring afterwards

Well, the bank could stay so people can collect a lot of pokemon
But the poke transfare should go back to the normal way after gen6

Monster Guy
4th September 2013, 1:41 PM
I hope there's another way to transfer Pokemon besides buying Pokemon Bank. I really hate having to pay additional fees for Video Games. :/ It's why I don't play WoW...

Sid87
4th September 2013, 1:42 PM
As if a SECURE cloud system was cheap to maintain data for years... We are not talking about a simple 3DS app here. ;)

Great. I don't WANT a cloud system. I just want a Poke-Transfer. There should be (and there may still, but I doubt it) a way to transfer from previous generations without having to get this cloud. If that is the case, then it's no harm. If it isn't, then this just stinks because it's forcing long-time players to pay a fee.

The-Predator
I've decided: I NEED a time machine, yesterday. I can't wait any more!

Zyon
On X & Y's official website it says Pokemon Bank will have a free trail period after the Launch of the application. I guess everything will be available I'm sure most will take advantage of it to transfer Pokemon from B/W, B2/W2 to X & Y.
For the most part I don't care if there's an annual fee. The worst that it can be is like $5 possibly a little more, and you only have to pay it once a year that's nothing.

thetamale
Being compatible with all future titles so it's there forever is definitely points in Bank's favour I mean a lot of people would get annoyed if there was no cross-gen transferring. I just need more info. I don't know if I'd commit to it but if it's not massively expensive I'll just pay as needed unless they take away trading between other gen 6 titles (remakes/sequels) but I don't see them doing something like that.

Chris-kun

The money to maintain a cloud service for the indefinite future doesn't come out of thin air. A fee makes sense for what Bank is and what they want to do with it. The problem will come if it's exorbinant. No one's shelling out more than 5-10 bucks for this really. 15 ceiling. You can't maintain something like this and not charge for it, cloud tech is still expensive and they need the money to run it so they can continue to use this one system for transfers for the indefinite future. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet and don't buy it.

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 1:43 PM
I am okay with Pokemon Bank being a fee especially if its only once a year. Besides I will only you use it once or twice to transfer my pokemon to each new generation when it comes out. Plus you can transfer whole boxes at one time instead of 6 at a time. Thank you game freak. I am wondering how early you can transfer because I totally want my Black Charizard to receive a Megastone and Mega evolve. (Drooling right now). By the way Wulava. Do you know how quickly Serebii will post the video of the Direct. For some reason my browser didn't work and I couldn't watch it.

silvake
I guess I missed that bit of information. As long as the fee is reasonable, I'm good.

The fee is supposedly only $5 bucks a year. And from what I'm guessing it is gonna be used to crack down on fakes and cheats... since with matchmaking and street pass having a dude with 6 perfect evs/ivs mega mewtwos on his team free to do whatever is no beuno.

Sponge
Will probably choose Squirtle but I won't be training it until after the main storyline. One starter is enough.

I hope the fee for the bank isn't too high, since I can only see myself using it to transfer pokemon.

Blaziken10285
I always get both games, and it's a hassle getting a second system to trade among the two. I'm guessing that the Pokemon Bank will fix that!

As a lot of you know, Zelda's Wind Waker HD is bundled in Wii Us that come out before the actual hard copy of the game is released. Is that what this 3DS will be like? I'm assuming that the games will be programmed on them, at least... Are some people going to start their Pokemon X or Pokemon Y journey on the 27th?

Bolt the Cat
4th September 2013, 1:44 PM
The annual fee worries me a bit, but I don't think it'll be a big deal as long as it's cheap and as long as Poketransporter is free.

Royal_Qeca
4th September 2013, 1:46 PM
Great. I don't WANT a cloud system. I just want a Poke-Transfer. There should be (and there may still, but I doubt it) a way to transfer from previous generations without having to get this cloud. If that is the case, then it's no harm. If it isn't, then this just stinks because it's forcing long-time players to pay a fee.

If there was another way to transfer our Pokémon without using the cloud system I'm sure they would have said something during this Pokémon Direct. Pokémon Bank is secure but that has a cost since it's not easy to maintain all that data for years, as I said. It's not as if you were paying DLCs to get new content or something that could be in the games as free since the start...

adamfitz
On X & Y's official website it says Pokemon Bank will have a free trail period after the Launch of the application. I guess everything will be available I'm sure most will take advantage of it to transfer Pokemon from B/W, B2/W2 to X & Y.
For the most part I don't care if there's an annual fee. The worst that it can be is like $5 possibly a little more, and you only have to pay it once a year that's nothing.

Great!!
I'll use the trial and that's all :)
I'm now happy again

AwaitingOctober
Great to hear no hacks allowed in the bank, hopefully they crack down on hacks via trade too.

DryBones
-Generic comment about not using the Bank because it costs-

I highly doubt it's going to cost much. Ł10/$15 at most. And if millions of people use it then they'll easy cover the servers costs.

Sid87
4th September 2013, 1:47 PM
The money to maintain a cloud service for the indefinite future doesn't come out of thin air. A fee makes sense for what Bank is and what they want to do with it. The problem will come if it's exorbinant. No one's shelling out more than 5-10 bucks for this really. 15 ceiling. You can't maintain something like this and not charge for it, cloud tech is still expensive and they need the money to run it so they can continue to use this one system for transfers for the indefinite future. If you don't like it, vote with your wallet and don't buy it.

As long as there is a free Poketransfer method, then that is what I will do. I have no interest in this system at all, and yet I've spent a *LOT* of time to get the pokeys I have, and I will want them on Gen 6. If this is the only way to transfer, they're kind of forcing everyone into it, which is really lame of them. I get that the cloud mechanics can cost money, but they don't interest me. Let the people who want it pay for it. I just want access to the old method of transferring that we've had for years.

Royal_Qeca
4th September 2013, 1:48 PM
"It was also revealed that Pokémon Bank & Pokémon Transporter prevent hacked Pokémon from transferring."

This is great. It will also work has hack check to make sure all my Pokémon are legit (those that were traded).

thetamale
4th September 2013, 1:49 PM
As long as there is a free Poketransfer method, then that is what I will do.

Transporter comes with Bank, it's the only way to trade cross-gen it seems.

edu1987
And looks like you cant store hacked pokemon in the bank nor transfer them from the gen 5 games! If that works im so happy about it!

Bolt the Cat
Okay, paid cross gen transfers is pretty much complete ********, that's one of those things that shouldn't be paid for in the games.

adamfitz
4th September 2013, 1:51 PM
Okay, paid cross gen transfers is pretty much complete ********, that's one of those things that shouldn't be paid for in the games.

Agreed
But there is a free trial
So we can just use the trial, transfers all and then don't purchase

edu1987
4th September 2013, 1:52 PM
As its name recalls, it's a BANK... banks charge you for their service. And i think it's fair enough to pay for an additional service like this one, you wont only use it in gen 6 but in gen 7 and on...

Chris-kun
4th September 2013, 1:53 PM
As long as there is a free Poketransfer method, then that is what I will do. I have no interest in this system at all, and yet I've spent a *LOT* of time to get the pokeys I have, and I will want them on Gen 6. If this is the only way to transfer, they're kind of forcing everyone into it, which is really lame of them. I get that the cloud mechanics can cost money, but they don't interest me. Let the people who want it pay for it. I just want access to the old method of transferring that we've had for years.

As has been said, there's a free trial period you can use to move all your pokemon over and get them into your X/Y and then you can be done with the system

thetamale
4th September 2013, 1:53 PM
"It was also revealed that Pokémon Bank & Pokémon Transporter prevent hacked Pokémon from transferring."

Well guess those legendaries on Black aren't going anywhere then. It's kinda crappy when some people have had to use modifiers in order to actually complete the game and now it's almost like being punished for being a single player - I know it's just an unfortunate side effect but still. I'm assuming that a Pokemon that was bred from a WPM-hacked in one will class as legit? Sorry I don't know how it determines what's "hacked" and what isn't.

Zyon
4th September 2013, 1:54 PM
As long as there is a free Poketransfer method, then that is what I will do. I have no interest in this system at all, and yet I've spent a *LOT* of time to get the pokeys I have, and I will want them on Gen 6. If this is the only way to transfer, they're kind of forcing everyone into it, which is really lame of them. I get that the cloud mechanics can cost money, but they don't interest me. Let the people who want it pay for it. I just want access to the old method of transferring that we've had for years.Then use it during the free trail period I'm sure you'll be able to transfer Pokemon from Gen V to VI during that time.
But honestly I don't see what the big deal is, it's only going to be like $5 a year.

Floette

You do realize that cloud storage costs a lot of money? And that it contains hack-checks? And that Poke Bank is paid and Poke Transfer isn't an annual fee, just a 1 time?

DryBones
I wonder if the trial will have a transfer cap on it.

Gloryus
4th September 2013, 1:55 PM
Agreed
But there is a free trial
So we can just use the trial, transfers all and then don't purchase

Way to take advantage of the system. No precise detail on how the trail works right?

kirkeastment
I'd just like to point this out for those of you getting your backs up about Pokemon Bank.

1) You can feel free to not use it.

2) You're not going to lose your Pokemon from B/W/B2/W2, so just use them on those games still, if you love them so much.

3) Perhaps some of you aren't old enough to know this, but Gold/Silver & Crystal had no way to trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. So its not the first time cross generational trading hasn't been in-game.

edu1987
Well guess those legendaries on Black aren't going anywhere then. It's kinda crappy when some people have had to use modifiers in order to actually complete the game and now it's almost like being punished for being a single player - I know it's just an unfortunate side effect but still. I'm assuming that a Pokemon that was bred from a WPM-hacked in one will class as legit? Sorry I don't know how it determines what's "hacked" and what isn't.

Well I guess this was made to prevent those Reshiram lv.1

confuser987
4th September 2013, 1:56 PM
Even though the website doesn't say it, didn't the video say that it is an annual charge. If it is then my 5-15 bucks would be worth it.

SprSncConzor
4th September 2013, 1:57 PM
How I'm sure most people feel:

http://i.imgur.com/9cqAueMl.jpg

I don't think they'll pull something like forcing you to pay to transfer your Pokemon. There must be an option for transferring then straight to X or Y using but not actually storing them on the cloud.

As long as the service isn't extortionate (i.e. more than Ł10), I'll have no qualms with it. The cheaper it is, the more people will use it and the more likely it'll still be supported in five years time and not go the way of My Pokemon Ranch.

AuroriumX
4th September 2013, 1:57 PM
I wish that they would of made the whole mega evalutions thing an "annual fee" thing to make it more optional instead of just putting it in game :/.

So wait, you would have wanted to pay for something that is now free. Alrighty then...

Again, you don't have to use them if you don't want to.

Aurath8
4th September 2013, 1:59 PM
Hey guys. There's a free trial period for Pokemon Bank shortly after release. If you desperately want your pokemon to be transferred then do it during those first few weeks/months and never look back.

thetamale
4th September 2013, 2:00 PM
As long as the service isn't extortionate (i.e. more than Ł10), I'll have no qualms with it.

It's 500 yen a year in Japan - that's about Ł3.

Serebii
4th September 2013, 2:00 PM
Pokémon Bank is released in Japan on December 25th for 500 Yen a year

Zyon
4th September 2013, 2:01 PM
I'm loving the idea of Pokemon Bank and Transfer. Storing up to 3k Pokemon, It has hack-check which is fantastic, and only the Bank will have the annual fee which at the most could be $15 but most likely only $5.

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 2:01 PM

So it won't be right away anywhere in the world. Well that stinks...nice Christmas gift though.

kirkeastment
4th September 2013, 2:02 PM

Thank you Serebii. :)

So for those not mathematically qualified to know this;

That is easily 1/50th the cost of you buying a 2nd Nintendo 3DS.(The only other way to trade, that there could've been).

&

1/80 of buying a Nintendo Wii & Pokemon Ranch during the D/P/Plat generations.(the only other option for large storage)

EverChanger
Look forward to a free trial period after the launch of Pokémon Bank. Be sure to try out the software for yourself during this time to see everything that Pokémon Bank has to offer!

-The XY Site (http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-gb/strategy/)

Just transfer all the Pokémon you want during the trial period and you don't have to pay a cent. Besides, I'm sure Game Freak thought long and hard about charging for this service. I'm certain that a circa $5 annual (as in, per year) fee is only what they deem absolutely necessary to beef security on this service and cover development and maintenance costs. Game Freak has never intentionally screwed us in terms of money in the past, and I highly doubt that they'd begin doing so now.

DSDark
I was disappointed by the direct. We got the information we were expecting, how to transfer between gens and that was it. I personally don't like mega evolution and have no intention on ever using them so the new megas were a waste of time for me.

johnyboy169

I'm happy with that :)

AuroriumX
So it won't be right away anywhere in the world. Well that stinks...nice Christmas gift though.

Well it looks like they're still finishing the transfer system so it probably won't be fully ready once the games are released.

Bolt the Cat
4th September 2013, 2:03 PM
3) Perhaps some of you aren't old enough to know this, but Gold/Silver & Crystal had no way to trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. So its not the first time cross generational trading hasn't been in-game.

I'm well aware, trust me. But having to pay for something that is normally a free service in game is borderline extortion. I'd like them to clarify exactly how this works when it comes to transferring Pokemon from 5th gen.

-The XY Site (http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-gb/strategy/)

Just transfer all the Pokémon you want during the trial period and you don't have to pay a cent. Besides, I'm sure Game Freak thought long and hard about charging for this service. I'm certain that a circa $5 annual (as in, per year) fee is only what they deem absolutely necessary to beef security on this service and cover development and maintenance costs. Game Freak has never intentionally screwed us in terms of money in the past, and I highly doubt that they'd begin doing so now.

You don't consider $15 for Pokedex 3D Pro "screwing people over"?

SprSncConzor
Hey guys. There's a free trial period for Pokemon Bank shortly after release. If you desperately want your pokemon to be transferred then do it during those first few weeks/months and never look back.

Couldn't say fairer than that. I'm in.

dman_dustin
I don't think they'll pull something like forcing you to pay to transfer your Pokemon. There must be an option for transferring then straight to X or Y using but not actually storing them on the cloud.

I sure as hell hope so.

I mean I like the idea, however there needs to be some kind of free method of some kind, since I doubt I will use this "cloud" idea very much. I want directness, if I want my Pokemon stored on the internet, fine, and for future generations, fine, but I don't want to deal with that right now.

Although if I get a job, I won't care about it as much.

Fennekin1
4th September 2013, 2:04 PM
Wait, I'm confused. The news said that we will have to pay for bank storage and that it will come with Pokémon transporter. Does that mean there will be a separate app called Pokémon Transporter for transferring Pokémon for free?

MasterofArcanine

That is easily 1/50th the cost of you buying a 2nd Nintendo 3DS.(The only other way to trade, that there could've been).

&

1/80 of buying a Nintendo Wii & Pokemon Ranch during the D/P/Plat generations.(the only other option for large storage)

What is that in American Dollars (a roundabout number)?

Floette
I'm well aware, trust me. But having to pay for something that is normally a free service in game is borderline extortion. I'd like them to clarify exactly how this works when it comes to transferring Pokemon from 5th gen.

free trial

Icychalk
So, if you don't pay the fee, you lose your Pokemon, I guess?

I'm pretty sure if you don't pay the fee and your Pokémon are in the box they will keep them there until you pay.

Sid87
4th September 2013, 2:05 PM

&

I've had two 3DS' for about a year (ever since the 3DS XL came out). So it wasn't going to be any extra cost to me initially. Oh, just like PokeTransferring USED to be.

Rykel22
4th September 2013, 2:06 PM
I'm ok with the fee and grateful there's a free trail if I just want to speed transfer my gen 5 mons.

dss_live
4th September 2013, 2:06 PM
I'm glad i'm not really that much into transferring all my pokemon to the newest game. So i won't be using the bank with its annual charge. yes, its not much, but i still dont see the value in it, i'll just train the pokemon from new and trade for the ones not available in the x/y games.

thetamale
4th September 2013, 2:07 PM
What is that in American Dollars (a roundabout number)?

500 yen is about Ł3 so about $5. Assuming the prices are uniform. Which seems pretty reasonable for a yearly fee.

DSDark
4th September 2013, 2:07 PM
Wait, I'm confused. The news said that we will have to pay for bank storage and that it will come with Pokémon transporter. Does that mean there will be a separate app called Pokémon Transporter for transferring Pokémon for free?

Poke transporter is the app that will allow you to transfer pokemon from be to poke bank. Once there you can transfer over to xy

Chris-kun
4th September 2013, 2:08 PM
I've had two 3DS' for about a year (ever since the 3DS XL came out). So it wasn't going to be any extra cost to me initially. Oh, just like PokeTransferring USED to be.

#1stworldproblems

Not everyone has or can even afford a second 3DS, so they'd be SOL without the service that costs infinitely less.

But YOU are all prepared so the service should cater to YOU and your ability to have two 200 dollar consoles readily at your disposal

SprSncConzor
4th September 2013, 2:08 PM
Hang on, can Pokemon Bank be used as a faster way to transfer Pokemon between a copy of X andf a copy of Y, saving a huge amount of time and meaning you don't need a second 3DS?

Aurath8
4th September 2013, 2:09 PM
Hang on, can Pokemon Bank be used as a faster way to transfer Pokemon between a copy of X andf a copy of Y, saving a huge amount of time and meaning you don't need a second 3DS?

Yes, I don't think there's anything stopping you from using this as a means of mass trading.

kirkeastment
4th September 2013, 2:09 PM

I would assume so yes. It would be rather humiliating if the service couldn't trade to and from 6th generation games.

DSDark
4th September 2013, 2:10 PM

Yes, you can send while boxes to your bank and then access it from another game

oarfish
4th September 2013, 2:13 PM
Okay, I am seriously flipping out over the news :D.
Not only do we get transferring, but we get a cloud-like storage system that allows people like me who only have 1 3DS to trade between X and Y!
I am so very excited for this. (even though part of it is paid....). But who knows? It could really be worth it.

I knew that I would wake up to good news.........................................:P.

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 2:13 PM

That has possibilities. Of course Infrared Trading is just as easy but will see if I use it that way.

Tf916
4th September 2013, 2:14 PM
Pretty hyped that we can get Kanto Starters...

SprSncConzor
4th September 2013, 2:16 PM

This is beautiful. I can now purchase the download version worry-free, full knowing I can use the bank to move any Pokemon I want to any new games that come out!

Looking back to when I first got Platinum and I had to move my Pokemon from Diamond through trading (and catching many Bidoofs and Starlys in the process), this is a dream come true!

Of course the question now remains if items can be transferred from Gen V to Gen VI. I somehow think the answer would be yes, as long as Game Freak have learned from their item index mistakes between Gen IV and V!

:D

Royal_Qeca
4th September 2013, 2:16 PM

That's awesome! I'm glad we only need a 3DS to trade between X/Y/"Z"/"remakes".

Sponge
4th September 2013, 2:18 PM
If the annual fee is something like 10 Euros I might be interested in renewing it yearly and actually using it. If it's any more than say...20 Euros I think I might find it hard to justify year after year.

thetamale
4th September 2013, 2:20 PM
If the annual fee is something like 10 Euros I might be interested in renewing it yearly and actually using it. If it's any more than say...20 Euros I think I might find it hard to justify year after year.

500 yen is like roughly Ł3, €4, $5. If the prices are uniform it's a dirt cheap service people.

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 2:22 PM
500 yen is like roughly Ł3, €4, $5. If the prices are uniform it's a dirt cheap service people.

Not too bad. So what still don't understand. Is Pokemon Bank online as in its something on your 3ds (that you get in the E-Shop) that connect to the internet or online as in like the Dream world where you have to log on to a webpage.

SmartD
4th September 2013, 2:23 PM
The new Poke Bank and Poke Teleporter thing is neat. The only thing that puts me off is the annual fee, but $5 a year can't be that bad.

The Mega-Evolutions of the Kanto Starters are pretty good.

EverChanger
4th September 2013, 2:24 PM
Not too bad. So what still don't understand. Is Pokemon Bank online as in its something on your 3ds (that you get in the E-Shop) that connect to the internet or online as in like the Dream world where you have to log on to a webpage.

It is an eShop app that accesses the cloud through the 3DS. No webpage required (although I'll bet there'll be some way to check it on the Global Link).

MasterofArcanine
4th September 2013, 2:25 PM
It is an eShop app that accesses the cloud through the 3DS. No webpage required (although I'll bet there'll be some way to check it on the Global Link).

Good. That means all I will have to do is get a Eshop card at my local story to pay for it. I don't like doing credit card stuff online for things like that because you don't know who is on the other end recieve that information.

oarfish
The new Poke Bank and Poke Teleporter thing is neat. The only thing that puts me off is the annual fee, but $5 a year can't be that bad.

I agree with you here. The $5 a year is not too bad.
But again, I really love these ideas.

thetamale
I still want to know how this hack check works, it's the only thing that could put me off. How does it decide what's legit? As I've said I've used a lot of WPM codes but if I breed them is the egg recognised as legit or what? I know it sounds dumb but I have no idea how this works. Single player problems.

Lucario At Service
4th September 2013, 2:26 PM
Well isn't there an alternate way to utilize Pokemon Bank. I mean if some people are worried about the cost then they can just share the cost it along with there friends for a single account.
Or else ask a friend to help him transfer his pokemons from the 5th gen to 6th gen by first trading his pokemon to that friends 5th gen game who would upload it to his account and then transfer it to his 6th gen game and then trade it back to you.
I know thats a long and round-about way, but that is still a possibility for those who can't pay for Pokemon Bank.

King Shuckle
4th September 2013, 2:28 PM

Well, technically speaking, Pokemon Bank isn't in the game, so yeah. What's to clarify? On the main site it says that you insert your 5th Generation game of your choice on your 3DS, open the app, and transfer from your in-game boxes to the Pokemon Bank. It's all mostly online. Not only that, but you can store Pokemon from both X and Y and transfer them to both without needing 2 3DS games.

I'm rather confused by the complaints here. People asked for transfer from 5th generation games. They got it. People asked for transfer that doesn't require more than one 3DS. They got it. The service will be universal with any and all future Pokemon games. GameFreak had to spend a great deal of time and money to develop something that would not only be cross-generational, but cross-handheld as well. Honestly, paying for an annual fee with a free trial is not a big deal, and this cockamamie "extortion" nonsense really needs to cease from existence. Now sit down, shut up, pay your annual fee, and play the damn game.

Kyubeon
my only question I suppose is what/how the game determines is a hacked pokemon

[ACE] Zero
Oh my goodness people, there will be a trial for the Poke Bank that lasts until Jan 31st, transfer all your stuff by then and shut up, it's only 500Yen which is about $5, wow if thats too much for you then maybe you shouldn't buy the games in the first place.

Sponge

Yeah I read that post after I had posted.

That sounds perfect then. I'm glad it's a yearly charge to as opposed to a monthly.

PMG
4th September 2013, 2:30 PM
very interesting reveal to come home on my lunch to lol

I bet MidnightFennekin is seething right now as he was trying to pin point holes in the rumour which im guessing has just proven itself to be true! :D

Mega Blastoise YES! love the design love everything about it!

also not to sure about having to pay yearly for the bank? also id like to know if the pokemon you send to it are transferable to all Gen 6 games or if you have to pay yearly for both if you have 2 games?

also great to know they are finally cracking down on hacked pokemon (though not sure how this will affect competitive play) but I guess this will even out the playing field a bit now as people will have to work to get good IV's and wont be able to transfer hacked pokes

Bolt the Cat
4th September 2013, 2:31 PM
free trial

Doesn't help me because I don't use transfers in that way. I transfer my Pokemon as needed.

Hell, I even have a lot of Pokemon still on 4th gen.

Well, technically speaking, Pokemon Bank isn't in the game, so yeah. What's to clarify? On the main site it says that you insert your 5th Generation game of your choice on your 3DS, open the app, and transfer from your in-game boxes to the Pokemon Bank. It's all mostly online. Not only that, but you can store Pokemon from both X and Y and transfer them to both without needing 2 3DS games.

Do you need to pay to use Poke Transporter? I've been getting conflicting information on this since it was announced.

I'm rather confused by the complaints here. People asked for transfer from 5th generation games. They got it. People asked for transfer that doesn't require more than one 3DS. They got it. The service will be universal with any and all future Pokemon games. GameFreak had to spend a great deal of time and money to develop something that would not only be cross-generational, but cross-handheld as well. Honestly, paying for an annual fee with a free trial is not a big deal, and this cockamamie "extortion" nonsense really needs to cease from existence. Now sit down, shut up, pay your annual fee, and play the damn game.

It's extortion because they're taking things that have been originally been free and putting a price tag on them. That decreases the value of the game.

[ACE] Zero
4th September 2013, 2:32 PM
very interesting reveal to come home on my lunch to lol

I bet MidnightFennekin is seething right now as he was trying to pin point holes in the rumour which im guessing has just proven itself to be true! :D

Mega Blastoise YES! love the design love everything about it!

also not to sure about having to pay yearly for the bank? also id like to know if the pokemon you send to it are transferable to all Gen 6 games or if you have to pay yearly for both if you have 2 games?

also great to know they are finally cracking down on hacked pokemon (though not sure how this will affect competitive play) but I guess this will even out the playing field a bit now as people will have to work to get good IV's and wont be able to transfer hacked pokes

$5 annual fee, for all future games as well, mentioned in video.

Doesn't help me because I don't use transfers in that way. I transfer my Pokemon as needed.

Hell, I even have a lot of Pokemon still on 4th gen.

So sad, once again its $5

Bolt the Cat
4th September 2013, 2:34 PM
Zero;16356162']So sad, once again its $5

It's the principal of being charged for things that bothers me, not the actual price. You're shelling out $45 dollars for something that originally would've been $40, it's a markup for no legitimate reason.

PMG
4th September 2013, 2:36 PM
I suppose the only reason to have the bank is store pokemon on (which is great if you want to move pokemon around) but for all those people who just want their Gen 3/4/5 Pokémon just pay once upload then cancel your sub (you will get a year of transfer out of it at least)

[ACE] Zero
4th September 2013, 2:36 PM
It's the principal of being charged for things that bothers me, not the actual price. You're shelling out $45 dollars for something that originally would've been $40, it's a markup for no legitimate reason.

Bet you dont complain with DLC of other games, it's not like this is a new thing in video games, if you can afford the $40 for the main game its optional to pay $5 for an extra feature that is not part of the game, you are paying for a feature that makes for expanded gameplay..sound familiar?

Sponge
4th September 2013, 2:37 PM
Do you think cloned pokemon will be caught by pokemon bank? Are they considered hacks?

Kratos The Pokemon master
4th September 2013, 2:37 PM

So , you would rather catch hundreds of spare Pokemon and trade them one by one to transfer your Pokemon from a previous game ?

If you're able to buy a second 3DS then 5$ A YEAR shouldn't be too much.

And there'e always the free trail if you want a one time use.

I really like how the PokeBank allows you to transfer entire boxes without having to waste PokeBalls or time.

No more having to catch a whole bunch of Patrats for the sake of getting my old Pokemon into my new game.

edu1987
4th September 2013, 2:39 PM
Cmon people, how many of you paid $15 monthly to play that mmorpg for years... now you guys are complaining to pay $5 a YEAR to have your beloved pokemons available until you die... cmon...

Bolt the Cat
4th September 2013, 2:41 PM
Zero;16356175']Bet you dont complain with DLC of other games, it's not like this is a new thing in video games, if you can afford the $40 for the main game its optional to pay $5 for an extra feature that is not part of the game, you are paying for a feature that makes for expanded gameplay..sound familiar?

It's not expanded gameplay, though. We've had cross gen transfers in every game since DP.

Loké
4th September 2013, 2:41 PM
the pokebank is not that bad.
hmm and i guess i'll start with chespin, squirtle and event torchic hue