PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon X & Y In-game Team Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Wulava
28th September 2013, 3:21 PM
Feel free to discuss your Pokémon X & Y in-game team.

Please do not clog up the thread with posts like "I want to use Mewtwo." Please elaborate on your team and do not just point at your signature.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

General rules still apply.

0danmaster0
28th September 2013, 3:25 PM
my sig. I don't like having two pokemon with the same type and I like all these designs so it will be a good team for me

dirkac
28th September 2013, 3:25 PM
My ideal Team (comprising solely out of Pokémon shown and revealed in the Dex) would most likely comprise out of:

Fennekin, Fletchling, Inkay, and Amaura.

Doesn't exactly provide the best coverage, and this is also assuming that the Inka line can learn Surf, and that Fennekin (and possible Fletchling) have good designs upon Evolution.

I would, however, like to use the Budew and Surskit lines in this game too, though, partly due to them being some of my Favorite Pokémon, but also due to their final evolutions being a semi-duo comprising of Pokémon who'se names are based off of a masquerade, which is often deemed french-esque.

@0dan, doesnmt it say not to just point to signature?

Woot. First ever second post.

it said elaborate, which I did.

Eh, if you find that to be elaborate, whatever, I guess.

/notgoingtowasteapostonsomethingastrivialasthis

EDIT: Wait, the above is my X Team

My Y Team would, hopefully, be as follows:

Froakie, Pancham, Spritzee, Tyrunt.

Better coverage then above, although I generally like these less than the ones I use above.

No other Pokémon from past agens on this team, yet.

Wulava
28th September 2013, 3:27 PM
The only Pokemon that will surely go in my team at this point are Froakie and Tyrunt.
I'm thinking about Noivern... but I'd rather wait for the whole dex.

I will only be using Gen 6 Pokemon though.

0danmaster0
28th September 2013, 3:28 PM
My ideal Team (comprising solely out of Pokémon shown and revealed in the Dex) would most likely comprise out of:

Fennekin, Fletchling, Inkay, and Amaura.

Doesn't exactly provide the best coverage, and this is also assuming that the Inka line can learn Surf, and that Fennekin (and possible Fletchling) have good designs upon Evolution.

I would, however, like to use the Budew and Surskit lines in this game too, though, partly due to them being some of my Favorite Pokémon, but also due to their final evolutions being a semi-duo comprising of Pokémon who'se names are based off of a masquerade, which is often deemed french-esque.

@0dan, doesnmt it say not to just point to signature?

Woot. First ever second post.
it said elaborate, which I did.

Nightmare Fuel
28th September 2013, 3:31 PM
Well, one o' these.
My team'll be:
Chespin/Froakie. Haven't decided which.
Whichever Kanto starter to go with it. Froakie with Bulbasaur or Chespin with Squirtle (sounds promising)
Talonflame. Inb4 screamed at for Fly slave.
A FAIRY. Probably Swirlix's evo...
Tyrantrum. I <3 it.
??? (Might be Bunnelby for it is adorbs)
Overall, good coverage (I think)

BugPokemonMaster316
28th September 2013, 3:32 PM
For me, my team will most likely have Frogadier's evolution, since Frogadier has a really nice design and I'm hoping it's evo does too. Next will be Helioptile, since I like lizards in general, and my teams alway have at least one Electric type. The third spot will go to Tyrantrum since its a giant T-Rex and I love dinosaurs. Also, Duoblade will be on my team simply because of its design. Apart from those, I'm not sure of what I'll put on my team. All I know is that I will have a Fire type and Bug Type on my team. I will also try to only use Kalos Pokemon. As can be seen, I tend to pick my team based on looks, hence the reason I'm not using Vivillon as the design isn't exactly my favorite.

Rykel22
28th September 2013, 3:34 PM
My team (so far)
Fennlekin, Skrelp, Amaura, Malamar, Heptile, Doublade.
Reserves: Noivern, Pangoro, Talonflame, Gogoat, Spritzee.
Decent coverage. I've always wanted a dark/psychic type and I want to see what Doublade can do.

RoySceptile
28th September 2013, 3:35 PM
Team so far is:

Fennekin (female) - My favorite starter. Hope it gets nice Special Attack, and will be my Fire type, which i have lacked in the majority of the past games. Naming her Fennecia.

Skrelp - This is my second favorite Poke revealed thus far, after Helioptile. I hope it evolves into a threatening, ragged seahorse (maybe with a bit of draconic influence). Don't mind if it doesn't get the Dragon type, as I like both Poison and Water.

Helioptile - My favorite 6th Genner so far. Like many people, I hope it evolves into a Dragon-type frilled lizard, though the Normal type it holds seems rather strange, so I don't see it getting dropped.

Also considering Spritzee, as I have some hope it might evolve into a 'death' flamingo/plague doctor combo.

MasterofArcanine
28th September 2013, 3:37 PM
My Signature tells it all. I am still thinking about my Alternates though.

OceanicLanturn
28th September 2013, 3:39 PM
If I get XY, Zigzagoon (it's in the dex, right?) is a must for me. It's cute and awesome. Also, Pickup is pretty useful in-game to get quick money from nuggets or healing items.

Skiddo is definitely on my list to consider. The problem is I want to use Chespin too. I'm having a dilemma between Skiddo or Chespin. If I picked the former, I'd go for Froakie. Looks like only final evolution would tell (typing especially is important).

Next, MegaAmpharos or Lanturn. No news on Lanturn, so it looks like Ampharos has a better chance of being in the dex. I'm curious to see what XY will bring for everyone's favorite lighthouse Pokemon. I might go with Helioptile if Ampharos isn't catchable, or maybe I'll do a XY Nuzlocke before doing a proper run :>

Next slot goes to Doublade or one of the fossil mons. The problem is that with the fossil mons, it's usually pretty darn late in the game or it requires some hardcore searching (see DPPt). However, I don't like Doublade's pink part. They should've kept it blue but the design for its evo is slightly putting me off. I might go with Clauncher for that slot, but then again, I have to pick someone else if Lanturn or Froakie.

Only time will tell.

I'm doing a nuzlocke first before a proper run though.

Blaquaza
28th September 2013, 3:39 PM
So far, I'm going with:

Froakie, Venusaur, Blaziken, Bunnelby, Pyroar/Helioptile, Tyrantrum and any Fairy or Flying-Type.

Underachiever007
28th September 2013, 3:41 PM
Fennekin is my favourite starter, so that's what I'll be picking. Fletchling too, since I enjoy using the regional birds. Not really the best coverage, but whatever. The only other Pokemon I've finalized for my team is Pangoro, easily my favourite of the new Pokemon so far.

The fossil Pokemon look interesting too. Tyrantrum could very well make it into my team on the strength of its design alone, but I'm holding off to see the other new Pokes the game has to offer.

Not too interested in Mega Evolutions, with the notable exception of MegaMawile. If it's available in the game, it'll go on my team.

Cuddy
28th September 2013, 3:42 PM
The ones I know will be on my team will be Fennekin, Bulbasaur and Nidoran M. The rest is either not been released yet or a mix of others. I will get a Mega Bulbasaur and the evolve form of Fennekin, but I do not know if I want to give Nidoran a disadvantage of water or not. He do get stronger being Nidoking, but Nidoran and Nidorino are great too.

Tyranitar trainer
28th September 2013, 3:43 PM
Hmm, if I had to pick six from the Pokemon already revealed then I think I'd go for:
Fennekin/Braixen/???
Clauncher/???
Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
Pancham/Pangoro
Helioptile/???
Skiddo/Gogoat

However, I think I'll only end up using Fennekin, Tyrunt and Clauncher out of those. Looking forward to seeing what else comes up!

IMACHARIZARDGUY
28th September 2013, 3:47 PM
Okay so for the first run or first few runs i will be hopefully using a total of 12 pokemon.

Froakie (Kermit) - This will actually be my first water type starter so i'm excited in that respect. I'm of course intrigued by the water / dark or water / fighting typing which will be helpful either way.
TalonFlame (Flame) - Since first seeing Fletchling i knew it was the region bird and i liked the red colouring. When i saw this beast i was amazed. I like the Flying / Fire typing and think it will be pretty powerful. Considering its dual type it can be used as my flying and fire attacker.
Pyroar (Simba) - I like this lion much better than Luxray. It being fire was the icing on the cake. It gives more variety to the team selection rather than having the starter fire pokemon.
Tyrantrum (T-REX) - Its a fossil dinosaur... pretty much explains it. The artwork is amazing and its move set looks similar but interesting. It being Rock and Dragon is just awesome and you know its going to get some really powerful moves
Helioptile (Electrile) - It looks amazing once again and its electric. I always have an electric pokemon on my team no matter what and since its the only one revealed that i like i am most likely going to use it.
Mewtwo X or Y - Either will work for me. Its typing is whats really attracting me to it - Psychic. The original was one of my top 5 favourites and the new designs and abilities will be a welcomed addition.

Thats my first 6 or main 6 that i want to use. However at times i will change a few of them and replace them with some of the following:

Mega Blaziken (Blaze) - I loved the mega version of this pokemon. I didn't really like the original but the new design looks good and its a free pokemon. It being fire is again the icing on the cake and hopefully it learns some new fire moves
Mega Charizard - This was my first pokemon i think and one of the first ones i ever saw in the anime properly being powerful etc. The Mega design is simple yet effective and i hope to use it in sky battles and test out the new moves
Yveltal - Out of the two legendaries revealed i like this the most. It is dark and flying, two of my personal favourite types. I liked the moves shown in the trailer and i feel its going to be one powerful pokemon.
Mega Blastoise - Replacement to Froakie for the water type in the team. Mostly using it because of nostalgia but the new design is right damn amazing. Hopefully it makes use of its new ability with some powerful moves.
Gogoat - Riding Pokemon that just looks cool. I love the design and the fact that its PURE grass is okay with me. Rather than Grass / ground or something else.
Sylveon - I had to have one fairy on my team. I ordered Y so the next toughest fairy revealed is the new eevee evolution. I can see it being poweful and seeing as it was the first Fairy pokemon revealed i can see a host of good new moves for it.

Pokemon im on the edge with are Meowstic and Oorotto. Waiting to see the move set and just if i need it on my team. The designs look good so far. But i want to see the official Oorotto artwork.

Gampi
28th September 2013, 3:48 PM
Planning on getting Froakie, since it's my favourite of the Kalos starters. Squirtle because Blastoise is my favourite of the final Kanto starter evolutions. Lucario if it's in the Kalos dex, if not then Doublade. I have a stupid plan to obtain two Helioptile and call one "Flotsam" and the other "Jetsam". I'll probably end up with a Malamar or a Pangoro somewhere along the journey, maybe even Spritzee.
I'm not going to finalize my team before release because it will just constantly change anyways when I play the game. The only part of my team which is anywhere near a final idea is the Helioptile part.

-- 5th Oct EDIT --
Thinking about it now. My final team is probably going to end up being:

Chesnaught
Barbaracle
Bisharp
Aromatisse
Hawlucha
... and an as-of-yet unknown 6th member. Which will most likely be either Goodra, Gyarados, or Blastoise.

Guywhoiam
28th September 2013, 3:51 PM
I will likely catch and train anywhere from 10-12 6th gen Pokemon, same as I do every generation. I will level them all up evenly as I progress through the game. This is indeed a time consuming process, but I get enjoyment out of it.

Now which ones will make it into this list? Right now I have Froakie's final evolution, Doublade, Aurorus, Gogoat, Noivern, Helioptile, Skrelp, and Malamar. I am choosing them all based solely on their designs as I always do.

I will also work that Kanto starter in there some how. Don't know which one I'll pick yet. Not Bulbasaur because I already have a level 100 Venusaur.

I also still need to come up with names for all of these. Hm... decisions, decisions...

Bariokie
28th September 2013, 3:53 PM
Only gen 6 pokemon

Chespin
Clauncher
Helioptile
talonflame line?(maybe)

Dinosti
28th September 2013, 3:58 PM
I know I'll be getting a Bulbasuar and a Froakie but fir the rest of my team I'll just catch whatever catches my eye.

Fearalligator
28th September 2013, 4:01 PM
1. Froakie -> Frogadier -> Final stage. (Water/Fighting?) Hopefully his final evolution will be water/fighting.
2. Charmander -> Charmeleon -> Charizard. (Fire/Flying) He is my favorite Kanto starter and I cant wait to use his mega evolved form.
3. Helioptile. (Normal/Electric) I hope his evolved form is very powerful and has a great design. Otherwise I might switch him out for another pokemon.
4. Malamar (Dark/Psychic). With only 2 weaknesses and one immunity. This pokemon will be a strong competitor.
5. Honedge -> Doublade (Steel/Ghost) I cant wait to use this pokemon. He will be a great asset to my team.
6. Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum (Rock/ Dragon) i have always wanted to use a T-rex pokemon. So I will use him unless his large amount of weaknesses begin to hold me back.

The reason that I chose these pokemon is because they all have great typings and designs. I do not repeat a single type for any pokemon, which is rare for me. Normally I have one type in common with another on my team.
Hopefully this team will be strong and bring me to the end without a hitch.

ShikabaneHime13
28th September 2013, 4:04 PM
My Y team (as Y will be my main game) is likely to consist of Fennekin, Sylveon, Meowstic (female), Skiddo, Pancham and Fletchling in the early stages of the game. Before the pokemon league, I'd likely have Fennekin (whatever his/her final evolution is), Sylveon, Pangoro, Mewtwo Y (I'm fond of this mega-evolution), Gogoat, and Tyrantrum.

For my X team, I'll be obtaining Fennekin (sucker for fire types), Litleo, Fletchling, Inkay, Charmander, Meowstic (male). Haven't fully planned out my strategy yet as I never really plan ahead. I more often than not just pick and choose as I go along in the games.

croagunk22
28th September 2013, 4:13 PM
My team will definitely have the torchic in it and pancham, chespin, and with the kanto starters im stuck I love charmander but I don't know if I want two fire type so I might go with squirtle the rest will be kalos pokemon no more oldies

Excitable Boy
28th September 2013, 4:16 PM
I'll be starting with Fennekin; I may or may not use Skiddo, Tyrunt, and/or Swirlix.

I'll probably stick to Gen VI Pokemon on a first run, and I won't do any fancy challenges like mono-type or Nuzlocke or whatever. If there's a Challenge Mode, though, I will use that.

We cannot make a thread like that YET. We have to wait until the game's release, when the whole Dex is revealed.

oh

Greekboy
28th September 2013, 4:18 PM
It's hard to decide with all the cool pokemon released so far, as well as the return of some oldies from Gens 1-5, but some candidates are definitely Pangoro, Tyrantrum, Aurarus, Pyroar, and Blastoise. My starter is 100% going to be Chespin, by the way.

I still need to get a flying team member, and sadly none of the released flying types are really sufficing for me yet

bobandbill
28th September 2013, 4:19 PM
I am largely undecided! I will go with probably Fennekin as my starter, unless third forms leak before which could change my opinion, as it is the starter line I like the most so far. Joining it would be Tyrunt as well given I like fossil Pokemon and especially like this guy and his evolution. The others depend on what I see in my run! But bar the kanto starters maybe, I would be sticking with just sixth gen Pokemon. After all, those are the guys I have not used yet, after all.

Pancham rates up as well, I suppose. I liked its design in particular too.

I still need to get a flying team member, and sadly none of the released flying types are really sufficing for me yet Same. I just like abusing the Fly HM.

MerCurry
28th September 2013, 4:20 PM
Totally rotating on my X file.

//OMGPUN!

Fennekin, and Tyrunt might be the only solid teamates since I could NEVER pass up fossils, and I loved lil Fenne ever since I saw it. //plusI'maFireAbuser.

So far; Noivern, Spritzee, Bulbasaur, Inkay are the only ones that I know I will catch. Going hog-wild getting the others. dB Until I find a Kalos Grass Type other than GoGoat; Bulbasaur's gonna linger on my team. Alllll Kalos Pokes.

Dragalge
28th September 2013, 4:20 PM
I'm buying Pokémon Y and my starting partner is Fennekin. As always I'm sticking with only Pokémon from this generation. I have considered Fletchling, Skrelp and Honedge on my team as well but I'll end up with something entirely different when I play the game.

Zhanton
28th September 2013, 4:23 PM
I'm still very undecided! I remember during the BW pre-release I wanted every second Pokemon revealed to be on my team, and that's not too far from the case for XY at the moment!

Like many others, I think I'll stick to using Kalos Pokemon on my team. I'm leaning towards Froakie as a starter, and I'd like to use Malamar as well, but apart from that I'm not too sure. Pancham is another that I'd like to use, but we'll see!

Munchy
28th September 2013, 4:27 PM
The only ones guaranteed in my team are Chespin and Fletchling. Just two, that's a first with Pokemon games, where I usually have a whole team decides beforehand. I think I'm going to play the games quite casually and catch any random Pokemon in my team, and if I find something I like more than the ones currently in team, I replace them or just rotate. Can't wait to be surprised with the new Pokemon!

I'd like to have a Fairy-type and a Mega evolution of something in my team, so we'll see what else the games will offer. If I'd have to choose out of the ones we know, I'm thinking Sylveon... not sure on the mega though.

EeveeTamer
28th September 2013, 4:34 PM
I like to challenge myself and create a team that is based off of one primary type. This time around I am going with a Fire Team. So far confirmed are Fennekin, Talonflame, and Pyroar. Looking at picking charmader, houndour, Torchic or magmar line to fill in gaps. I hopes that there will be more than just three new fire pokemon this generation I am hoping to use all new fire types.

adamfitz
28th September 2013, 4:39 PM
I have no idea what I'm going to do when I'm playing half blind to the Dex
I'll be catching every pokemon :D

My definite team members are Froakie, Helioptile and Amaura (+evolutions)
Here's a pic I made of all my favorites so far
Froakie-frogaider
Helioptile
Amaura-Aurorus
Scatterbug-Spewpa-vivilion
Meowstic
Inkay-Malamar
Sylveon
Swirlix
Bunnelby
Spritzee

And of course xerneas is in there
It's my favorite legendary design so far!

http://s7.postimg.org/nrlo3yz5n/IMG_20130928_153418.jpg

____

As always I will only use pokemon from this generation
I won't use any MEGAS unless they are kalos pokemon
And no legendary pokemon either
All until after the game is finished

Snickerdoodle
28th September 2013, 4:41 PM
My team is never going to be set in stone. x) Too many choices, too little space.

I know for a fact that for X, I'll be starting with Fennekin. My Kanto starter is going to be boxed. I'd like to use only Kalos 'mons for that run, except for Absol. He's going to be my Mega for the team. And, depending on when/where you can get Eevee, I'll nab Sylveon. And possibly Swirlix/Spritzee (whichever is the X exclusive). As for the rest of my team... it's up in the air. I love all of the 'mons so far, so I'll just wait and see what I run into in-game.

And as for my Y team, I'm starting with Chespin for sure. I also want whichever one of Swirlix/Spritzee is the Y exclusive. I might use Mawile as my Mega on this team.

CovertNinja
28th September 2013, 4:50 PM
I'm gonna be doing a Nuzlocke first so that I can learn not to restrict myself to Pokemon.
But, the Pokemon I currently have interest in using are:
Froakie
Chespin or Skiddo (would trade for Chespin if need be)
Charmander
Fairy Type (totally open)
Helioptile pending Evolution
Bunnelby pending Evolution
Again, the reason for nuzlocking for me is to open myself up to other Pokemon before I limit myself

mankarp
28th September 2013, 4:52 PM
Froakie and Aurorus are 100% sure team members. I'm not so sure if i will pick vivillon or tallonflame as my flying pokemon, if another cool loking fire type is available i'll pick vivillon if not i'll pick talonflame.
I'll use a fairy type for sure, got to see how many fairies we will have access. I'm not sure if i'll pick helioptile (i want to see his evo) and doublade ... it depends if it is available early or not.
I want to see some new ground type pokemons (we haven't seen a single one :/) if there is a cool one i'll pick it.

What i'm 100% sure is that my team will be full kalos, so that means no mega evolutions in my first playthrough :/.

Emperor Empoleon
28th September 2013, 4:53 PM
My only guarantees so far are Fennekin as my starter, Sylveon, Panchum, and Amaura.

I'm also sticking entirely with the new Kalos Pokemon for this run, and I plan on rotating if I find Pokemon that I really like beyond a team of 6.

Nodame
Yay I'v been waiting for this thread :D I will only use kalos pokemon.
Pokemon team so far: fennekin as my starter, sylveon, amaura, spritzee ( I don't mind two fairies lol)
Pokemon that might be in my team: helipotile, vivillon, mewstick

Gampi
I won't use any MEGAS unless they are kalos pokemon

Didn't GF already confirm that no Kalos region Pokémon would get a Mega evolution?

MasterImpsy
28th September 2013, 4:57 PM
I plan on getting Pokemon X and I will choose Froakie as my starter. However, I plan to mess around with my team through the game cause I want to try out all the new Pokemon. I do want Amaura as my fossil.
I don't know if I want to use the Kanto start or not. I already have a really cool Blastoise in my White 2 game.

I want to try a Nuzlocke run too. :)

WhiteBlair
28th September 2013, 5:00 PM
Very, very undecided. For the first time.

Fennekin is sure going to be my starter but it would be much better, if we have a chance to see their final stages. I wasn't planning on using any other generation pokemon, but since there are a lack of water types introduced in Gen 6 except of Clauncher and Skrelp and if Aurorus can't learn Surf, I'm probably going with Blastoise or depending on Skrelp's final evolution.

Everyone needs a flying type pokemon for Fly for sure. At first, I liked Fletchling but somehow never liked Talonflame. Now looking at its design, I'm somehow getting used to it and liked it very much. Something attracts it to me and probably it will be in my team as can be catchable earlier in game. I definitely wanted my flying type pokemon to be Noivern for sure. But, something really bugs me out. Is Noivern a special attacker, a psuedo-legendary, or can be catchable earlier in game? I have seen Noiver taking out a Gogoat with using 3 Dragon Pulse and additionally Gogoat was using Double Edge too. Is it because Noivern's end up like Altaria or Gogoat's Sp.Def is huge? So, till I decide, I'll have both in my team. But, Talonflame is going to be my flyer.

Now, of course, there is Sylveon. Introduction of Fairy type, lots of advantages in the type list compared to disadvantages. Huge Sp.Def and great HP, Sp.Atk from what I have seen on Super Training facility. I'm going to have a Sylveon for sure. But, I do hope we see the method of Sylveon's evolution before the games release. And I also hope, there is a chance they reduced the gender ratio of Eevee from 75-25% to 50-50%.

And there is only one spot available. It will be filled either by Aurorus, Flabebé, Gogoat or Furfrou. Aurorus has an amazing design and some kind of a great ability and moves, this might be the first time I'm using the fossil pokemon. Flabebé, something attracts me about this pokemon. It definitely reminds me it will have a line like Ralts' or Togepi's. I wonder what she will turn out to be. After its battle with Noivern, Gogoat impressed me a lot, can be in my team. And finally, Furfrou. Furfrou's ability making the physical contacting attacks reducing %50. It could be a very nice touch in competitive play with using its Baby Doll Eye's attack. Can have it in my team as well.

Everything can be changed though, but I'm planning on using these pokemon during my journey in Y.

Chaosthunder
28th September 2013, 5:02 PM
Future X Team:

Chespin - Grass starters are notoriously ineffective early game bar Gen 1, which makes for a challenging game. Plus the fact i love his evolution too.
Pangoro - Good type coverage and looks like a real physical powerhouse.
Amaura - A very majestic looking pokemon and love the uniqueness of its typing.
Litleo - A LION. SNM.

Last two spots reserved for Pokemon yet to be revealed. Most definitely doing my first run through with all new Pokemon.

mapachatumbili
28th September 2013, 5:05 PM
My team is going to depend on how soon I can trade and breed.

Option 1: (If trading and/or breeding are early enough)
Fennekin
Froakie
Chespin
Slyveon
Helioptile/Dedenne
Noivern

It hasn't been since 4th gen that all three regional starters have appealed to me, so I would want to get all of them on my team. Electric type has always been my favorite since the beginning, so I have to have one on my team. Helioptile definitely looks interesting, but I also like how much Dedenne reminds me of Raichu (one of my favorite electrics of all time). Going with Noivern instead of Talonflame since I already have a fire type in Fennekin. I've always been a sucker for Eeveelutions so Slyveon automatically gets her spot.

Option 2 (if trading and breeding aren't till much later)
Fennekin
Doublade
Slyveon/Pyroar
Helioptile/Dedenne
Noivern
Malamar

I always pick the fire starter, plus I've always been team Fennekin since day one. Honedge/Doublade has fascinated me since the reveal so I gotta have it. If I can't get Slyveon I'll go with Pyroar (male!) since I've always wanted a fire lion (Arcanine doesn't count). Malamar fascinates me because of typing and ability. Not crazy for any water types besides Froakie so far, and none of the grasses besides Chespin interest me yet.

Erron Black
28th September 2013, 5:14 PM
For My X team I'm planning on having-

Quilladin- Loved chespin and always will!
Swirlix- I loved Swirlix's design the Very first time I saw him(If he has one) I hope his Evolution looks just as great!
Clauncher- Very first Crustacean pokemon I have liked! Krabby was to...Odd, and Crawdaunt was a little to strange looking but he was still cool-looking.
Noivern- I always have a Dragon type pokemon on my Team. (gen1-Dragonite gen2-Kingdra gen3-Flygon gen4-Garchomp gen5-Hydreigon)
Pangoro- I have been waiting for a Friggin Panda pokemon FOREVER!!! Spinda to me was more "Teddy Bear"
???- I don't know yet maybe Absol or Mawile...(Not sure if I will have Just Gen 6 or not...)

Y-
Braixen- Frogadier is great but I love Braixen and Quilladin more, Braixen has that Elegant feel to her. Kind of like Serperior.
Skrelp- I usually have Counterparts on my team, I love both Clauncher and Skrelp, I just hope their Evolutions are Awesome!
Spritzee- Same reason as Skrelp, but right now I'm not so sure about Spritzee, I would like it to evolve into a Water/Fairy or Fairy/Flying Flamingo.
Malamar- Malamar and Inkay's Typing is Great! I think it is only 4x weak to Bug, and their Evolution method seems funny! Ever since I saw them I knew they were gonna be on my team.
???
???

SilverHybrid
28th September 2013, 5:25 PM
At the moment, I am still majorly undecided as to what my in-game team is actually going to be - I still don't really know what starter I'm going to be using (at least until we see the final evolutions). Of course, I'm only really ever going to decide until I see the whole dex and start playing through the game, because I'm more than likely to possibly change my mind (I'm very indecisive lolol). Although, at the moment from the pokemon we know of currently, this is my team:

Froakie - Always quite liked its design, but fell in love with it even more after seeing the second evolution stage. Plus, I've never really had a water starter as my first choice. So if Froakie's final evolution turns out to be great, then it'll be my choice.
Gogoat - I think Gogoat is pretty cool and to me, would seem like a pretty good pokemon to use. I've always been rather interested in Gogoat ever since it was officially released.
Tyrunt - At first I was unsure about this pokemon until I saw its evolution. It seems pretty epic to me and to me, seems like it'd be a rather powerful pokemon to have on my team. Although, this is one of the lesser choices for my team.
Fletchling - Ever since seeing Fletchling, I have highly considered using it for my team. I always have some sort of flying type pokemon on my team, obviously and Fletchling just seems like a great choice. Its even more appealing since its part fire type.
Helioptile - I quite like electric type pokemon and when I saw this one, I thought it looked really cute xD Again, this is probably one of my lesser choices at the moment.
Spritzee - At first I wasn't so sure about Spritzee but after looking at it a lot more, I've grown quite fond of this pokemon. I don't know, it just seems like it'd bring a bit more of an intriguing edge to my team.

I want to try and not use pokemon from past generations as I really want to try out these new pokemon. Although, I am heavily considering using Charmander since I'm also curious to see how these mega-evolutions work.

magma grunt edu
28th September 2013, 5:37 PM
Both my x and y will be of kalos pokemon only. Since it is the 1st time i don't know all pokemon, i will be using experimenting all pokemon to see their evolutions and choose the ones i like the best. From oct 1st i'll go caveman and i will only return once i finish exploring. But from all the pokemon revealed so far here's my picks:
Y
skrelp
spritzee
yveltal
tyrantrum
fennekin
meowsitck male
X
aurorus
clauncher
meowstick female
furfrou
froakie
pangoro
Keep in mind my playstile is not towards team balance (it never was since gen 1) but to use the pokemon i like the most.

I'm specially interested in clauncher, skrelp and spitzee's evolutions since all these look interesting and skrelp is just going to become a water/poison sea dragon with access to dragon type moves, i know it.

blue8arman
28th September 2013, 5:52 PM
In Pokemon Y, I'm planning to use:
- Froakie
- Charmander
- Tyrantrum
- Meowstic (Male)
If Zigzagoon and Castform is available in-game, I'm definitely going to add them in my team.

Tf916
28th September 2013, 6:00 PM
Pokemon X

-Chespin
-Squirtle
-Torchic
-T-rex Pokemon so far..

I might have a big team more then 6 and rotating them out every few levels.

Missingno. Master
28th September 2013, 6:01 PM
My team's all planned out. Here's how it'll be, obviously barring any currently unrevealed evolutions;

1: Chespin → Quilladin
http://imageshack.us/a/img6/5350/chespin.png → http://imageshack.us/a/img706/3923/c1du.png

One of the first Pokémon of Generation VI to be revealed, and also the first one I decided on for my team. Some of you may recall my reaction to first seeing the Unova starters- I immediately decided on Tepig, and never turned back. It's the same thing this time. On the morning of January 8th, I woke up, saw the starters on the front page on Serebii, looked at them for a few seconds, and then said, "Chespin. Definitely picking Chespin."

Unlike many others, the revelation of Quilladin did not, at any point, make me reconsider my choice of starter. If anything, in fact, it only served to reinforce my decision. I found Quilladin to be both cute and cool, and I can hardly wait to find out just what its evolved form will look like.

2: Helioptile
http://imageshack.us/a/img16/3443/electricnormallizard.png

Though I originally figured this had to be a Mawile pre-evolution (and then I learned about its type combination), learning to the contrary did not lessen my opinion of Helioptile any. I find it to be cuter than any other Electric or Normal-type out there. Yes, ANY. That's counting the Pikachu line and all Pikaclones. If it has an evolution (which it will if the latest Pokebeach leak has any truth to it), I can't wait to see what it looks like.

3: Skrelp
http://imageshack.us/a/img29/3811/yi9s.png

Be honest- you all saw this one coming, am I right? :) I don't exactly keep it a secret that I adore the Poison type, and Skrelp is no exception. In fact, it's the main reason my main game will be Y (the only other reason being that Yveltal is more badass than Xerneas). I loved its looks even before we learned it was Poison/Water, and once I discovered its type combination, I knew I had my Water-type.

4: Noivern
http://imageshack.us/a/img268/2665/703g.png

Now, Noivern's position is a tad... shaky. Historically, Dragon-types tend to be somewhat late in the game, and I'd prefer to have my Fly user once I get the HM for Fly. Now, nobody's denying that Noivern is badass, but the fact remains that if there's gonna be something available much earlier on that I end up loving, and/or Noivern turns out to not be available until way after you get the Fly HM, it's likely to be replaced. I'm kinda hoping this is an unnecessary measure, though.

5: Litleo♂ → Pyroar♂
http://imageshack.us/a/img59/7708/hu4o.png → http://imageshack.us/a/img28/7711/rcz5.png
Ah, yes, my Fire-type. I was torn on this for some time. At first, I was considering Houndour. Then, Charmeleon. But in the end, Litleo's cuteness won me over. Now, Pyroar, of course, kinda dashed my hopes for a Fire/Poison manticore evolution, but it might still be an alternate evolution for Litleo. For now, though, the male Pyroar will be my Fire-type. I just wish it got better Abilities than Rivalry and Unnerve...

6: (Espurr♀ →) Meowstic♀
http://imageshack.us/a/img594/6875/aol8.png
As soon as we got clearer images of the Pokémon from the latest CoroCoro, my mind was made up. Something about the female Meowstic drew me in almost immediately. Maybe it was the fact that her color scheme worked much better than the one on the male Meowstic. Maybe it's the fact that her face clearly says that she doesn't give a Raticate's *** about anything. Maybe it's the fact that female Meowstic are better at outright attacking, as opposed to the more supportive role of the male Meowstic, as this mirrors my own preferred battle style. Could be all of that, to be honest. So, yeah, a female Meowstic's going on my team. I added the Espurr stuff in parentheses, because we haven't had it officially revealed yet, so we have no art of it, and thus I could not make a sprite of it.

Arcamenel
28th September 2013, 6:07 PM
My team right now is

Froakie - I was really unsure about this guy in the beginning but gradually it grew on me and it's first stage evolution completely sold me.

Flabebe/Swirlix - I know I want a fairy type on my team and these two are just the cutest so haven't quite decided on who I want yet.

Dedenne - As a rule I usually hate the pikaclones but this guy reminds me of Raichu who I love so definitely putting it on my team

Charmander - I tried to resist but the possibility of having a mega charizard on my team is just too good to pass up.

Meowstic(F) - Adorable psychic cat, of course it's going to be on my team :D

That's all I'm really set on right now.

Galvantulaman
28th September 2013, 6:09 PM
I tend to spoil every game by reading the discoveries when games are released in Japan. But this time i want it to be a mistery. But when it comes to plan my team i will follow some simple rules.

1.- Keep my starter
2.- Have a variety of types that i like
3.- Use gen 6 pokemon if not one retyped from past gens.
4.- Try to keep my team awesome with some good looking pokemon.

So, elaborating....

1.- Starter: CHESPIN. I won't be choosing any other because i liked it form the very start and i won't betray it by liking Frogadier now. I just have faith it will become the greatest Grass type starter ever. Also, it's the first generation in which i want to choose the grass starter for my first run, so... i'm keeping it.
2.- Types that i like and are usually in my party: Dark, Bug, Psychic, Electric, Water, Dragon, Fire and Flying. Optional types i've used before: Ghost, Rock, Ice, Poison, Steel, Ground.
3.- I'm planning to use a Fairy type, but i still don't know which one. Could be a new one or a past gen retyped.
4.- This gen has one of the best designs overall so i won't have much trouble with this fourth rule.

OK, now to business. 6 slots and so many choices.

CHESPIN (starter that i won't drop)
GARDEVOIR (one of my favs and now it comes with a Fairy boost? Awesome)
TALONFLAME (It stole my love since sky battles were announced :D)
SKRELP (It looks just so amazing... and now poison has an advantage over Fairy? Sold)

I will stop right there. I know we will have awesome choices. So i'm hoping i can put these on my team:

Incredible looking Bug. Maybe Electric/Bug, Ghost/Bug or Water/Bug
New Dragon-Type Beast with a never-seen-before type combo (Not the T-Rex). I was thinking Grass/Dragon or Electric/Dragon since i already have Chespin.
Maybe a steel type if it's appealing enough. To give you an idea of how i want it to look... I like Aggron, a lot.

So, i basically choose my team for types i like and looks.
This was my last HG team:
Typhlosion, Electivire, Tyranitar, Gengar, Salamance, Gyarados.... They were all just too incredible and i loved them. i hope i can have good options in this gen.

That's all. I don't know if there people who agee with me, but i tend to use pokemon that appeal to me rather than their uses in the competitive arena... I mean, good type and awesome looks :D

Zyon
28th September 2013, 6:14 PM
I'll be getting both X and Y.

It's hard picking a team when you don't know everything about the Pokemon yet.
For Pokemon Y I'll be using:
Fennekin - I've always started with the fire starter been my thing ever since Red/Blue. Was very disappointed with Gen V's fire starter.
Noivern - So cool looking and being a Dragon-type made it even better. Will probably be my flying-type.
Doublade - It's a spirit possessing a sword how cool is that. But No guard ability is interesting, and not being effected at all by Normal/Fighting/Poison moves is just awesome.
Malamar - Right when I saw this thing I knew I just had to be on my team. It's typing/abilities are interesting and it's biggest threat is being x4 weak to bug.
Spritzee - Simply because it's exclusive to Y and to test out the new Fairy-type.
Tyrantrum - This guy is great looking finally a T-rex Pokemon. Let's just hope he doesn't turn out like Rampardos High Atk but pretty crappy everything else. With Tyrantrum's large range of weaknesses it wouldn't be good.

Pokemon X I'll be using:
Chespin - I believe it'll turn out just like Torchic's line, first evolution is a little derpy but it's final evolution becomes Epic.
Talonflame - Will most likely be my flying-type. A fire/flying pokemon is rare being Charizard the only non-legendary to get this type. Only big down fall is x4 weakness to rock.
Cluncher - My water Pokemon no word on it's ability yet but it looks pretty sweet, having a feeling if it get's an evolution it'll be pretty awesome.
Swirlix - It makes me laugh, and it being a Fairy-type it makes me laugh even more imagining Garchomp being killed by cotton candy XD
Furfrou - I love this thing in it's original shaggy style. But it's ability is pretty good only receiving half damage from physical moves.
Aurorus - Very interesting because of it's ability. Changing normal-type moves to Ice can become very threatening to Dragon-types and others weak to it. An it's move Freeze Dry actually being x2 weak to water is pretty cool.

Of course my teams will most likely change since we haven't seen all the new Kalos Pokemon.

Colton S
28th September 2013, 6:15 PM
Fennekin- Loved the design since day 1 and love the witch design.
Dedenne- It's sooooo cute!
Aurorus- I like the design and the typing.
Bunnelby- Just because it's cute!
Furfrou- I like the hair cutting/styling ability.
??????

Hasty
28th September 2013, 6:20 PM
I'm going with Pokemon X,
my Team is this atm::

1--- Starter: I love Froakie, I love Quilladin, ... I'm undecided here, I could even pick Fennekin... depends all on the last Evo.
2 and 3--- Pyroar (male), Oorotto, Skrelp << 2 of those, it depends on my starter choice
4--- Mawile, it will be my only non-Gen6-Pokemon... But it has a Mega form! :)
5--- possibly Flabébé if it has one or two nice evolutions (and isn't similiar to Sunkern, stat-wise :)) / or maybe Furfrou / or Spritzee ... so many possibilities <,<
6--- Aurorus.

Surest thing ever: I will have a Kalos starter+Mawile

But it can all change when I see new Pokemon... xD
Mostly I like those because of their design (concept, typing, execution, etc).

Photonkrios95
28th September 2013, 6:21 PM
For my First Playthrough I'm going for all fire types so:
Fenekin, Chamander, TalonFLame (So I dont need to teach Charizard FLy), Pyroar, Flareon (if available early) the last slot is for a HM slave, so stuff like surf and strength if available.

For My second play through:
Chespin, Squirtle, Talonflame, Pancham, Sylveon, Version exclusive water type (Skelp or Clauncher)

Third Play Through (So I can have all starters before Christmas when Bank is Released)
Sylveon, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Talonflame.
This team is pretty much just an eevee run but I will use talonflame as and when, main use is so that I can fly to places.

Taodragon
28th September 2013, 6:22 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure. The only Pokémon I'm certain will be on my team is Froakie and maybe Noivern and Litleo. The rest I have no clue I'm going to pick since I like quite a bit of them (at this point, Honedge, Spiritzee, Tyrunt, Amaura, Helioptile, and Meowstic) and I'm sure the number will grow as soon as I get into the game.

rocky505
28th September 2013, 6:29 PM
Right now my teams look like this

Y Team
Chespin- I've liked Chespin since it was revealed on day 1 and I'm sticking with it because I know it's final form will be amazing
Talonflame- Talonflame is a major improvement over that lol bird we had in 5th gen. I just hope it's movepool is as good as Staraptor's was.
Blastoise- Squirtle was my first ever Pokemon in Blue and I was astounded at how amazing Mega Blastoise looked.
Tyrantrum- Rock/Dragon T-Rex? Yes please. It just screams awesomeness.

NightFall00
28th September 2013, 6:30 PM
For me, I've already preordered X, and I've been planning a party since we got the first few pokémon after the starters and Mega Mewtwo, but nothing's been set in stone, so there's still a little bit of addition I can add to these.

FROAKIE/FROGADIER: I was originally planning on using Chespin as my starter, and maybe I was a little disappointed by his evolution, but I do like Froakie for his kinda analytical appearance, so to speak. And now with an evolution, he just looks like he'd troll everything.

HONEDGE/DOUBLADE: I always use ghosts, there's never been a game where I haven't, and I don't change a winning formula. Besides, he's a living sword, hard for me to pass that up.

LITLEO/PYROAR: If anything, so I can have the opportunity to name him Mufasa. But, I always like to have a water/fire/electric party going on so I have basic coverage over most types. still haven't settled on an Electric type, and the two we do have aren't as dynamic as I would've hoped for, but I still have hope for Helioptile.

NOIVERN: Even if they have been nerfed by Fairy types, Dragons are still one of the number one types in my book, and Noivern is just such an awesome concept; one of the pokémon I really wanted to get in Ruby was an Exploud, be cause I like sound based pokémon. Noivern is both sound based, and a dragon, I can't lose with that. Besides, I still need something for Sky Battles.

The last two, I'm still shaky on the last two pokémon, but that's just because we haven't seen everything, and I want to know what else I'm getting into, but I have a couple more choices in reserve in case the rest of the pokémon really disappoint. And I'm the kind of guy that uses pokémon from that Region specifically, so they're going to be Kalos.

SKIDDO/GOGOAT: He's a cool pokémon, and a philosophy of mine is if I don't have an electric type, go with the next best thing, and to me that's a grass type. Besides, he's the first pokémon that we have actual proof you can ride on, and that's something I'm really excited about, that and being able to sit on BENCHES.

SWILRIX: With getting X, I'd like to use a pokémon specific from that game in my party, and so far that's either Clauncher, Xerneas, or this dude. I don't like to repeat types in my party, and Fairies are going to be the new Overpowered pokémon in the games, being immune to dragon and all that, so I figured why not use the Fairy only X can get. Besides, I always chuckle when I think of him munching down on sweets.

bolter1
28th September 2013, 6:30 PM
My planned team:
1. Chespin - cool design (I even like you, Quilladin) and likely stat spread suits my playstyle
2. Skrelp - I like it's basis, typing, and design
3. Talonflame - it's a flaming falcon, what more needs to be said?
4. Tyrantrum - awesome design, and a typing I've been yearning for for a long time, guaranteed spot on my team
5. Pangoro - it's just cool, and it's Dark type (my favourite type)
6. Helioptile - it's so cute and has so much potential

This team also happens to have perfect coverage as long as one of them knows a Ground move, which Chespin can learn (although Mud Shot is kinda bleh), and Chespin's evo/Tyrantrum/Pangoro will likely be able to learn Earthquake via TM.

Aurath8
28th September 2013, 6:37 PM
All of this is pending since I decide pokemon based on stats and appearances. I sometimes even choose pokemon with the right colour balance. It annoys me when I look at my team's screen and I see too much of a single colour. Still, I already have a little shortlist:

1. Talonflame. This is the only pokemon I've properly decided on. Its a fast Fire/Flying type that gets Brave Bird. What's not to love? It also has a decent enough movepool even before I know whether it gets Flare Blitz or not.

2. Froakie/Chespin. The local firefox doesn't appeal to me and I already have Talonflame. It's a bust-up between the remaining two starters for my love. Right I'm leaning towards Froakie as he is likely the faster starter, and the only truly terrible fast starter was BW Serperior, who got sorta fixed in BW2. I also don't like Quilladin, but I'll wait until we get starter evos for this.

3. Squirtle/Bulbasaur. To complete the Fire/Water/Grass core that's been present in most of my teams. Naturally, this choice depends on the former. Since Froakie is winning, so is Bulbasaur. I'd prefer the latter pair, as Chespin will probably end up as a tank, like Blastoise, except that Mega Venusaur would be able to out-tank both of them with Thick Fat. In general Venusaur is just a very solid Grass type.
No Charmander because Talonflame.

I'm still undecided on the rest. Pangoro has captured my interest, as has Doublade for its typing. Tyrantrum is also on my list and a Fairy type(in the spirit of its introduction). Ultimately, I'll decide once the stats and movepools start making their way in.

EDIT: Oh damnit I forgot about the even Torchic. I'll breed one myself if I can as I don't want the boosted exp making things too easy.

nuzamaki90
28th September 2013, 6:37 PM
I'm definitely going to be rotating but my final team will 100% have the final evolutions of Chespin and Froakie.

I don't want to have repeating types in my final team but I don't want a team consisting of four starters. Blaziken and Talonflame are tough choices but I may just rotate them for my main fire types.

Psynergy
28th September 2013, 7:26 PM
Eve though Blaziken is my favorite non-legendary, I don't want to use the event Torchic at all. I want to use Fennekin, and I don't want my bias for something I like more to take away from me using it. I've made an effort to not plan any of my team besides that, since it never works out too well, but I know I will be using Honedge. I just love Doublade, and Ghost/Steel is a cool type combo with nice resistances of typical Steel types, so he's the only other I know I'm using. Helioptile might go on my team, if I find I'm in need of a new party member and if it's found early enough.

Other than that, I don't think I'll plan my team much more.

Everlasting
28th September 2013, 7:26 PM
At this point, I'm only picking Pokémon that I TOTALLY felt in love with. I want to see the complete Pokédex before having a full team ready.
But at the moment, here's what I got...
Chespin - Always pick a starter, and this time Chespin was my favorite!
Fletchling - I usually like the regional birds and add them to my team (Pidgeot, Staraptor and Unfezant), but this time, I just LOVE the bird! I MUST get it in my team!
Tyrunt - Always loved dinosaurs, always loved Tyranausurus Rex, so yeah. Love it!

Grey Wind
28th September 2013, 7:42 PM
I have an idea of some of the Pokemon that I'd like to use, but nothing is final. I will more than likely start with Froakie because it's my favourite of the three so far, but that could change if Braixen or Quilladin end up with cool evos or if there's a different Water-type that I'd rather use. I'm also planning on using Litleo because I love Pyroar's design and it's typing is unique, but like Froakie, that could change if there's a cooler Fire type floating around. I'm also eyeing up Gogoat, but ughhhh, I'm not sure.

Aside from that I don't have much of a plan. I'd like to use Tyrunt but I was planning on using Noivern before it came along, so I dunno which Dragon I'll go with. Noivern would help because I have to have a flyer, but Tyrunt is adorable and has such a cool typing. Pancham is probably my favourite Gen VI Pokemon so far, but I'm kind of indifferent to Pangoro so I'm not sure about using it yet. If it's useful in battle I may end up loving it like I did with Darmanitan so hopefully it has good stats and a varied movepool.

I also kind of want to have a Poison or Fairy type on my team and like most people, I'm definitely sticking to Gen VI Pokemon.

Corridor
28th September 2013, 7:47 PM
I was thinking of having a bit of fun and doing a mono dual-typed fire team. |D Just for kicks. Though I might scrap the idea if Fennekin's final evo doesn't appeal. So it would be...

Fennekin - Fire/Psychic (hopefully)
Blaziken - Fire/Fighting
Houndoom - Fire/Dark
Talonflame - Fire/Flying
Pyroar - Fire/Normal
???

I'll probably make several teams this gen. I've never done that before and want to have a go at using many MANY different pokes!

I'm hoping to train a bunch and use them periodically, box them, pull them out to use them again, ect. I've never done that before, hopefully I can deal with all the grinding. So the rest I plan on using:

Doublade
Gogoat <3 ! I'm a sucker for basic quadrepedal mammals
Dedenne
Meowstic
Tyrantrum 0_0
Sylveon
And Froakie!

Mister Melancholy
28th September 2013, 7:55 PM
So far, the only two Pokemon that I really want are Fennekin and Tyrantrum. Sylveon is a maybe. I think I'll just catch every new Pokemon and try them out and see which ones I like.

Sour Monster
28th September 2013, 7:58 PM
Chespin - Not a huge fan of it's second evo but love it's first.
Squirtle - I always chose Charmander before in older games, would like a change and love Mega Blastoise.
Pyroar - Finally a Lion Pokemon!! Can't decide male or female... might just leave to chance.
Aurorus - Love ice type Pokemon and love the design. Dinosaurs woo~
Dedenne - I'm a sucker for the Pikaclones.
Spritzee or Vivillon - Need a flying type! Thinking Spritzee as then I'd get a Fairy type in there too.

Might change my mind as I see new Pokemon. Thinking that will be it though. I generally go with teams I like the design of, and a type balance. I don't competitive battle.

Sponge
28th September 2013, 8:00 PM
I feel like I haven't seen all my team members yet. On the other hand there was a heap of 5th gen pokemon I liked the look of but didn't get a chance to use. It'll depend on if they appear in Kalos and whether I love any of the unknown 6th gen pokemon.

Right now Malamar is my only certainty. Fell in love with that pokemon as soon as I saw it in corocoro.

My potential team:

Fennekin or Chespin
Malamar
Mawile or Flabebe
Helioptile
Clauncher
Aurorus

After Mawile or Flabebe I start feeling less strongly...so it may easily change. As I said there are 5th gen pokemon like Golurk, Swanna, Volcarona, Galvantula to name a few....that I never got to try out. (that I want to)

From what I've heard, older gen pokemon are all over Kalos in abundance. So it might be hard to have a full 6th gen team....so much temptation.

AlexTogekiss
28th September 2013, 8:16 PM
Probably my team will be like this:
-Fennekin
-Helioptile
-Bulbasaur
-Pangoro
-Sylveon (Y)/ Swirlix (X)
-Skrelp (Y)/ New water type (X)

Elendil8
28th September 2013, 8:19 PM
Like many others, I haven't fully decided on most of my team. I'm definitely going for all gen VI Pokemon or 5 gen VI's and a Kanto starter. Still deciding between Froakie and Finnekin for my starter, the final evolutions/typing will probably make my mind up on that count. I always go for a fire, a water a grass/electric, a flying and the last 2 spots are up for grabs. At the moment I'm thinking Froakie/Fennekin, Squirtle/Charmander, Honedge/Inkay, Amaura, Helioptile/Dedenne/Skiddo and Fletchling/Noivern. This could all change very easily as more Pokemon are announced though.

Ѕhiny Missingno
28th September 2013, 8:27 PM
I definitely know that I'll be choosing Chespin as my starter but my biggest hope is that it won't become Grass/Dark when it evolves simply because how bad that typing is. Out of all the three starters Fennekin and Chespin were both really nice looking for me from the beginning and Frogadier is my favourite evolved starter so all of them had their positives.

Another pokemon I'm likely to pick up are Fletchling and Helioptile. I've liked both of these pokemon a lot and they seem to be available early and they give nice coverage for the team.

Rest of my team is mostly undecided. I'd prefer to focus on the new pokemon but I might make an exception with Squirtle. I'm also looking forward to possibly do a rotational team. I've done a few of those in the past and now with the Exp. All feature it should be working perfectly.

TheArrived
28th September 2013, 8:30 PM
Ok, first post on this profile since I made an account several years ago that I've forgotten the name of haha. I've been lurking on this site for quite a long time since then.

Right now I'm undecided between Froakie and Chespin. I was actually originally going to choose Fenekin, but I really want either Talonflame or Charizard on my team, and I'm already having trouble between those two. On one hand, Charizard was my first Pokemon, and I can't pass up a chance to pick one up, but on the other hand, I want to use Talonflame because its new, and I don't want two fire/flying types on my team :/
So right now my team sort of looks like:
-Froakie/Chespin lines
-Charmander/Fletchling lines
-Tyrunt line (easily my favorite fossil Pokemon so far)

those are for sure. Then I'm considering the Inkay and Honedge lines as well. But I could really use some advice on what to do with my Charizard/Talonflame conundrum!

Blackjack the Titan
28th September 2013, 8:42 PM
Team X
1: Starting out with Froakie.
2: Previous gen Pokemon that can provide coverage with Froakie being able to cover for it as well.
3 (will switch with sub) : won't get a third until after the second gym, but when the time comes, Noivern, or its pre evo or Inkay
4 (will switch with sub) : Inkay or Noivern or its pre- evo
5 (will switch with sub): Mareep to evolve it into Ampharos then to MegaAmpharos
6 (will switch with sub): Bulbasaur to evolve into Venusaur then to MegaVenusaur

Subs: Helioptile (evo), Sylveon, Skrelp (evo), Chandelure, Azumarill, Mawile (and Mega forme)

Icepath
28th September 2013, 8:56 PM
I'll probably end up getting Y on my Birthday (October 12th, funny enough), and then X with Birthday money after I complete Y.

Y Team: Quilladin / Blaziken / Sylveon / A Pokemon that can learn Fly (Possibly Noivern) / A Pokemon that can learn Surf (Possibly Skrelp) / Random Pokemon (Possibly Helioptile)

X Team: Braixen / Gogoat / Malamar (Possibly) / A Pokemon that can learn Fly / A Pokemon that can learn Surf / Random Pokemon

Then if there's a third version I'll use Frogadier and some ones we haven't see yet

PolarisJunkie
28th September 2013, 9:01 PM
I am still incredibly undecided but I will be getting Y and my two main members will be Spiritzee and Froakie's lines. Other than that I am torn. I really like Pangoro but if Froakie does indeed become a fighting type the redundancy would irk me. Vivilon intrigues me as well but it depends on if it can Fly or not and if Spiritzee gains the flying type as well. Other than that, I am not sure about the other members. If Pidgey or Zubat are in the dex (which I'm sure Zubat is), I'll most likely use them and I might use one of the Kanto starters, although prob. not. Oorotto is a big possibility as well although I really like Chespin too so who knows lol.

Gold Starz
28th September 2013, 9:08 PM
My team is based around what Chespin's 2nd type will end up being...

If Chespin is Grass/Fighting:

Chespin->Quilladin->Final Evo (Grass/Fighting)
Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastoise (Water)
Inkay->Malamar (Dark/Psychic)
Swirlix/Eevee->Sylveon (Fairy)
Noivern (Flying/Dragon)
Litleo->Pyroar (Fire/Normal)

If Chespin is Grass/Dark:

Chespin->Quilladin->Final Evo (Grass/Dark)
Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastoise (Water)
Swirlix/Eevee->Sylveon/Ralts->Kirlia->Gardevoir (Psychic or Psychic/Fairy)
Espurr(?)->Meowstick (Psychic; If no Gardevoir)/Tyrunt->Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon; If Gardevoir)
Fletchling->Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
Helioptile (Electric/Normal)

I am still incredibly undecided but I will be getting Y and my two main members will be Spiritzee and Froakie's lines. Other than that I am torn. I really like Pangoro but if Froakie does indeed become a fighting type the redundancy would irk me. Vivilon intrigues me as well but it depends on if it can Fly or not and if Spiritzee gains the flying type as well. Other than that, I am not sure about the other members. If Pidgey or Zubat are in the dex (which I'm sure Zubat is), I'll most likely use them and I might use one of the Kanto starters, although prob. not. Oorotto is a big possibility as well although I really like Chespin too so who knows lol.
I know what you mean, Pancham's line is sadly completely off my list due to the probable starter typing, which is a shame because I really like their designs and their typing.

Emily101
28th September 2013, 9:23 PM
It's obviously difficult making a team as only a portion of the pokédex has been revealed so far. If I had to put a team together just based on what we know it would be as follows:

1. Froakie's final evolution - Froakie is my favourite starter ever and its final evolution is currently the only certain member of my team.
2. Mega Mawile - I want to use a Fairy type and a Steel type in my team (not to mention a mega) and this covers all and it looks really great!
3. Talonflame - I need a flyer and so far this seems like the one I would be using but is definitely switchable if a better looking flyer is revealed.
4. Malamar - I love Inkay so this seems like a certainty, plus its typing is great!
5. Gogoat - It's awesome and fills in my grass type need.
6. Tyrantrum - Dragon/Rock awesome :)

The only certainty is Froakie and I'm sure that my team will change drastically once I play the game.

LizardonX
28th September 2013, 9:25 PM
Chespin
Squirtle
Torchic
Garchomp
Undecided

alexterri
28th September 2013, 9:38 PM
I'm going to have to think about it more. I know that I'm using the starter Fennekin for my first team, however.

Rakurai
28th September 2013, 9:54 PM
Froakie is the only thing that's set in stone.

I'm equally interested in seeing what new tricks my old favorites might've picked up as I am in trying out some of the new Pokemon, though.

KalosChampion
28th September 2013, 9:55 PM
Am I the only one taking HMs into consideration when planning my team? I've noticed quite of few people who most likely will not have the ability to fly and/or surf in the new games.

Gold Starz
28th September 2013, 9:58 PM
Am I the only one taking HMs into consideration when planning my team? I've noticed quite of few people who most likely will not have the ability to fly and/or surf in the new games.

I have!

I'm pinning Surf on my Squirtle and Fly on either Noivern or Talonflame depending on what team I end up with.

Puma Italia
28th September 2013, 9:59 PM
I will definitely take HMs into consideration. Although they are a bit of an inconvienience when planning my team, I will make sure I have Fly/Surf somewhere.

The only Pokemon I know for sure that I will be using on my ingame team are Fennekin and Squirtle. Might go with Fletchling, but I really don't want to end up having two fire types on my team.

KalosChampion
28th September 2013, 10:03 PM
I want to use Froakie, Talonflame, and Gogoat, but I also feel like I should use a Kanto starter. Decisions, decisions...

PokeguyNXB
28th September 2013, 10:07 PM
My team will be the following

Chespin/Quilidin/Final evo
Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
Oshawott/Dewott/Samurot*
Riolu/Lucario
Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos
(insert final Pokemon here)

*Obtain this by restarting Black, choosing Oshawott, getting to a PC with at least 1 other Pokemon so I can store Oshawott, use Poke transporter to transfer Oshawott early game.

VictoryVictini
28th September 2013, 10:07 PM
I think I might go with Chespin as my starter. It's cute and I've never used a grass starter on my first play through.
I also want to use Pancham/Pangoro, Litleo/Pyroar and maybe Bunnelby.

PokeguyNXB
28th September 2013, 10:10 PM
Oops, accidently double posted, sorry

EDIT: Fixed it. I apologize if this is considered spam.

Missingno.Fan
28th September 2013, 10:39 PM
On X I am going to take Fennikin for my starter. I plan on using only Gen VI Pokemon on my team. On Y I think I am going to pick Chespin (I might take Froakie once I see their evolutions). I really want to use a female Pyroar on Y.

RoySceptile
28th September 2013, 10:40 PM

I can't have an ingame team without a Surfer and a Flyer; those two are a must.
Skrelp is my Surfer, and I don't have a Flyer yet (though, as I said in my post, I'm considering Spritzee; let's hope it gains the Flying type).

Floette
28th September 2013, 11:00 PM
For my first runthrough, I'll only be using Gen 6 Pokemon. At this point, I'm definitely getting X and possibly Y too. But I'll post my plans, or considerations rather, for X (and sometimes a Y alternate). My team for X is kind of going to have a slight "elegant" theme to fit with the whole region of Kalos.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/1/11/Fennekin.png/145px-Fennekin.png My X starter is going to be Fennekin, though I was torn with Froakie, who I will get in Y if I indeed purchase that as well.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/e/e2/Helioptile.png/230px-Helioptile.png Helioptile is in consideration. I love it's typing and its quirky appearance. It would be good for coverage and is cute but still manages to maintain a nice "macho poise?".
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/f/f7/Flab%C3%A9b%C3%A9.png/240px-Flab%C3%A9b%C3%A9.png I love Flabebe, and the concept of how tiny it is and how it attaches to a flower to harness the energy of it. Flabebe really showcases the Fairy type, and to get a handle on that typing, I will definitely be playing around with Flabebe.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/f/f0/Aurorus.png/213px-Aurorus.png I love the ice type, and this design is really cool. I'll probably use it at some point in X.
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/0/0b/Meowstic.png/230px-Meowstic.png I love the male version of Meowstic.

Other considerations are Inkay, Bunnelby, Tyrunt (if I get Y), and Clauncher.

Absolutely nothing is set in stone, these are just some pokemon I like. I plan on playing through and exploring the new region + dex, catching what I feel like. But I do like these pokemon, and will probably have them all as at least alternates.

alexterri
28th September 2013, 11:03 PM
To be honest, I'm probably just going to catch as many Pokémon as possible, shove all but six in a PC, And put my six favs on my team

ohjeezitskim
28th September 2013, 11:06 PM
Well I know there are lots of pokemon we still don't know about so I don't know how my team will (or will not) change!

But I know I want Fennekin, because she's perf. I will SR for a female! I also want Sylveon, and depending on how good she is (and really.. all the others too lol) she may be a permanent teammate. I also think Meowstic looks pretty awesome. I want to use the male, but since I'm not a more defensive player, I'll probably use the female. I may use Tyrunt, since his typing and evo line looks pretty awesome! I just can't wait till these games come out :3

tl;dr
Fennekin, Sylveon, Meowstic, and Tyrunt so far.

IrieFuse
28th September 2013, 11:06 PM
I never plan before release because i don't know the entire dex but i'm pretty sure i'll be using both froakie and squirtle. i can't resist it. besides that i have no idee although i do like doublade.

Odious
28th September 2013, 11:07 PM
Meowstic and Malamar are all I have on my team so far the starter from Kalos aswell as the Kanto starter will be soft reset until I get a good nature or a shiny and will be put in the box after

Sponge
28th September 2013, 11:07 PM

I didn't have an issue with this in the 5th gen. In previous gens it was a hassle but not so in 5th gen.

The only HM I use on my teams recently is Surf. Sometimes I have Fly but other times I just have a reserve in the PC for flying. During the main story I'm usually moving forward so there's no need for Fly.

That wouldn't have been possible for me if HMs needed to be used as often as gens 1-4. It annoys me to have to base my main story team around HMs, so I try to avoid it by having reserve HM slaves.

Odious
28th September 2013, 11:10 PM
I've never had a Pokemon to fly on my main in game team I just get a random flying type to make my HM slave for HM's I don't want my Pokemon to learn

Pilpulp
28th September 2013, 11:11 PM
I will be playing my first play through on Pokemon X. I'm going to use a mix of Gen 1-6 on my team, I'm also going to be using more than 6 Pokemon and I'll be swapping out them from time to time using the PC. I'm going to try and use all sorts of different types, with the exception of Fairy as I'd like to try that out lots. Anyways, here is my team;

Froakie - I'll be using Froakie because it looks likes its' third stage will be a ninja, so it could either be water/fighting or water/dark which would match the rumors. I'd be happy with either combo. I was going to pick Chespin, until I saw its second stage, I know the second stage always look iffy, and its' third stage has potential to be awesome, but I'm on team Froakie now. The only reason I wouldn't use it, is because I typically pick water starters (Piplup, Oshawott, Mudkip, Squirtle), and I'd like to have a strong grass type on my team. Unlike most people, I don't really like Fennekin, I liked its basic stage, but not its second stage. I wish it hadn't gone bipedal, but oh well. Anyways, I'm picking Froakie/

Torchic - I'm going to download the event Torchic as soon as I can, it's a really good Pokemon and I like all its' stages. I was playing Emerald earlier and I purposely didn't pick Torchic because I knew I'd be using it in X and Y. I also am going to use Torchic because I picked Froakie, if I had picked Fennekin I wouldn't have. I want to have different types on my team, at least at the start. I also hope that Froakie goes into Water/Dark now a bit more because Blaziken is Fire/Fighting.

Bulbasaur - I'm going to choose Bulbasaur from the professor simply because I chose Froakie and Torchic. If I picked Chespin, I'd be taking Squirtle.

Sylveon - Again pretty simple, it looks really cool, and has the new type fairy, it also appears to be strong. So that's why.

Honedge - Same as above ^ Looks cool, and strong. It also has interesting typing.

These are what I've decided on so far, its obvious this list will change when the game comes out, and I'll be picking pokemon as I see them.

*I'm also going to be trying to use lots of Pokemon from previous games with only one evolution to see if they evolve
**I won't be looking on the site as of October 1st to avoid major spoilers etc... so I won't know which pokemon have mega evolutions, normal evolutions etc...
***Since you can only have one mega-evolver at a time, I'll be going with Mega-Blaziken simply because of its ability.

Platinum fan.
28th September 2013, 11:11 PM
Fennekin or Froakie, I'm leaning more toward Fennekin right now. I also plan to obtain Talonflame, Pancham/Pangoro, Tyrantrum, some Water Pokemon for surfing and I guess I might take a Pokemon that can go Mega.

IrieFuse
28th September 2013, 11:13 PM

I made myself suffer in white 2 by literally biking everywhere because i didn't care for having an HM slave for once. i wanted to have my team without having to rotate an HM slave onto it so i would literally bike from driftveil city to castelia or whatever. It didn't take much time for me to do that but if i have a pokemon on-hand that can use HM's then so be it. i hated that gens I-IV absolutely required the use of HM's. especially when they give you such crap HM's like cut and rock smash.

Aetius
28th September 2013, 11:18 PM
I will train equally all the 6th gen Pokčmon, but I think that in the end my team will be as follows:

Chespin's final evo-I have a feeling that he will get a good second typing and will have also good stats; besides the first time I saw him, I liked him. :D
Tyrantrum-Needless to say, he's just pure awesomeness and his typing is something I always desired; besides he will literally be a BEAST!
Dedenne/Helioptile-They're my first choices when it comes to electric typed Pokčmon and I hope that the first one will evolve and won't be another pika clone...
Talonflame-I think it will be useful to use and will also be a great help during the adventure.
Clauncher's/Skrelp's evo-Water types are important; Clauncher could be a good attacker, but also Skrelp, who could also inflict poison status and attack at the same time.
Doublade('s evo?)-Since he can learn Sacred Sword, he won me over, and besides, I still hope that he will become a badass haunted armor or at least shield.

That's it I guess. :D

Platinum fan.
28th September 2013, 11:22 PM
I made myself suffer in white 2 by literally biking everywhere because i didn't care for having an HM slave for once. i wanted to have my team without having to rotate an HM slave onto it so i would literally bike from driftveil city to castelia or whatever. It didn't take much time for me to do that but if i have a pokemon on-hand that can use HM's then so be it. i hated that gens I-IV absolutely required the use of HM's. especially when they give you such crap HM's like cut and rock smash.

Yeah. I strongly disliked having HM slaves. I remember being uber angry that I needed one in Gen IV to go up to fight Cyrus and Team Galactic on the mountains and wasting a slot on my team for it. I hope there isn't a need for a HM slave in Kalos. I also use the bike as much as possible. Fly and Surf are the only HMs I really use regularly.

Draknir
28th September 2013, 11:23 PM
As of right now, my team in Y is going to consist of:

Froakie's final evolution
Venusaur
Blaziken W/Blazikenite
A new Fairy Type (E.g something that wasn't retyped, and most likely it will be Sylveon)
Two interesting looking new Pokemon

Of the known Gen VI Pokemon, the two I find most interesting are Tyrantrum and Doublade, so those two are high on the list. Of course, this is subject to change after I get the game.

In X, I'm just going to Nuzlocke it, so planning my team is kind of irrelevant.

GildedScizor
28th September 2013, 11:35 PM
Mostly undecided at this point but I think Froakie and Fletchling will definitely have a place on my team. Trouble is, I also want a known Mega-Evolution on my team - namely Mega Blaziken, but if Froakie does become a Water-Fighting type as speculated there's not much point as both Blaziken's types would be covered.

Odious
28th September 2013, 11:40 PM
Mostly undecided at this point but I think Froakie and Fletchling will definitely have a place on my team. Trouble is, I also want a known Mega-Evolution on my team - namely Mega Blaziken, but if Froakie does become a Water-Fighting type as speculated there's not much point as both Blaziken's types would be covered.

You should wait until we find out how we not only get mega stones but how early(or late) might be able to get a different mega Pokemon for your team

Russell-Bowman
28th September 2013, 11:47 PM
Because the full dex and the individual stats haven't been revealed, I've picked these teams based entirely on cool-looking designs. They are subject to change.

X team:
Chespin, screw the Quilladin haters, the final form will probably be awesome.
Either Charmander so I can have Mega Charizard, or Fletchling so I can have Talonflame.
Clauncher
Pangoro (if Quilladin doesn't evolve into a Dark-type)
Aurorus
Mareep (if you can catch it in Kalos before the Elite 4), so I can have a Mega Ampharos.

Y team:
Froakie, mostly because of Frogadier.
Either Bulbasaur so I can have Mega Venusaur, or Gogoat so I can ride an epic Grass beast.
Doublade, because DOUBLE SWORDZ!!!
Pyroar
Tyrantrum
Spritzee

As well as those, if the rumours about a Grass/Rock-type boar and a Ground-type badger are true, I'll definitely consider them too.

GildedScizor
28th September 2013, 11:52 PM
You should wait until we find out how we not only get mega stones but how early(or late) might be able to get a different mega Pokemon for your team

Yeah true, but I think I'll end up being a bit stubborn on the Blaziken (favourite ever starter and all that) if we don't find out more before release. On the plus side, seeing as how Talonflame would take up not only my regular Fire type spot but also my regular Flying type spot so that frees up another spot which I could afford Blaziken. It's hitting two birds with one stone (wow that pun works on so many levels :P)

FireEmblemAddict
29th September 2013, 12:22 AM
Since there's still many Pokemon left to reveal, currently my plan for Pokemon X only consists of 3 team members:

-Chespin
-Bulbasaur
-Meowstic (male)

I can't select the other 3 until I know more, but I will use a Fairy-type Pokemon for sure.

J.J. Knight
29th September 2013, 12:42 AM
Since I will be playing in contrast to my story and using Pokemon used in previous Regions, I will be training around twenty plus Pokemon at the same time. I've made it tradition to train 3 Pokemon from each region (with the exception of Gen V, where I trained five Pokemon instead). This time around, I will be retraining my team I've used since Gen III along side my team in X and Y. In my story, I've trained four types; Fire, Grass, Water, and Electric. Because we don't know what all Pokemon will be included or what Pokemon will have Megas, I may train three to five new Pokemon, depending on what's available. Here is what I will be training and in which version:

X: Water

Blastoise, Gyarados, Vaporeon (w/ Hydration if possible), Ferligatr (Breed or Post Game), Lapras, Politoed (w/ Drizzle), Swampert (Breed or Post Game), Ludicolo, Milotic, Empoleon (Breed or Post Game), Floatzel, Octillery, Samurott (Breed or Post Game), Semipour, Starmie, Kingdra, Golduck (w/ Swift Swim), Froakie evo, Clauncher. One to three blank spots left.

X: Electric

Raichu, Electivire, Jolteon (w/ Quick Feet if possible), Ampharos, Magnezone, Lanturn, Manectric, Plusle, Minun, Luxray, Pachirisu, Rotom, Emolga, Zebstrika, Garvantula, Eelectross, Stunfisk, Dedenne, Helioptile. One to three blank spots left.

Y: Fire

Charizard, Arcanine, Flareon (w/ Guts if possible), Typhlosion (Breed or Post Game), Ninetales (w/ Drought), Magmotar, Blaziken (Breed), Camerupt, Torkoal, Infernape (Breed or Post Game), Rapidash, Houndoom, Emboar (Breed or Post Game), Semisear, Darmanitan, Chandelure (w/ Shadow Tag), Volcarona, Fennekin evo, Pyroar, Talonflame. Two blank spots left, or may replace for better Fire types.

Y:Grass

Venusaur, Exeggutor, Leafeon (w/ Chlorophyll if possible), Meganium (Breed or Post Game), Victreebel, Vileplume, Sceptile (Breed or Post Game), Shiftry, Breloom (w/ Technician), Torterra (Breed or Post Game), Roserade, Tangrowth, Serperior, Semisage, Leavanny, Whimsicott, Lilligant, Chespin evo, Gogoat. One to three spots remaining. Orotto is possible candidate.

Karlos Region
29th September 2013, 12:52 AM
Only picking from stage one pokemon released so far; I could say that my 12 pokemon team (I always rotate my team after a gym, but only using 12 well trained pokemon) would be:

(Water) Froakie - Clauncher
(Fire/Flying/Normal) Fletchling - Litleo
(Electric/Dark/Psychic) Helioptile - Inkay
(Rock/Dragon/Grass/Poison) Tyrunt - Bulbasaur
(Fairy) Spritzee - Sylveon
(Steel/Ghost/Fighting) Honedge - Pancham
So, I'll have 15 types to count on just with those stage one pokemon..

Rsr57
29th September 2013, 1:06 AM
I´m only using Kalos Pokemon in my first playtrough.

100% sure: Chespin 3 and Aurorus (the latter being my favourite Pokemon so far).

Probable: Skrelp evo? (potentially pretty cool if done well), Helioptile evo? Talonflame(fire/flying, always useful types)

Posible: Spritzee(depends on the evolution).

Waiting to see all of Kalos Pokemon to decide the full team.

Fangren
29th September 2013, 1:19 AM
Since Gen I I've had a bit of a pre-conception in my head of which types I should include on my team, and since then I've always tried to fit those six on my team as best I can. Those types are Fire, Water, Electric, Flying, Ground, and Psychic. Obviously, this means I don't often use other types, unless there are good dual-types that free up a slot on my team. Recently, I've also started using a fossil on my team, as well as using Grass-types more (and Psychics less, oddly).

Based on that, this is my current plan for my Y team:

-Chespin, which is my favorite Kalos starter at the moment;
-Fletchling, because I love birds, and I love the typing of it's evolved form - in my mind, it frees up a 'slot' for Chespin;
-Amaura, which I prefer over Tyrantrum, but it will probably require another dual-type so I have my preferred type spread;
-Mawile, assuming it is available early enough, and especially if it's Mega Stone is available (otherwise, it'll be another Fairy-type);

The last two slots are for some combination of Water/Ground/Electric/Psychic, preferably all four but I'll reluctantly drop one (probably Psychic) if the situation requires it. I'd prefer it if both were Kalos pokemon, but if, say, I don't like any of the other new Water-types (I like Clauncher, but it is not available in Y) I'll use Squirtle.

Rio!
29th September 2013, 1:30 AM
Hm so many great choice already!
Right now, I'm looking at:

*Water/Poison* Skrelp
*Fossil* Tyrunt (although I might replace with Noivern a bit later depending on availibility)
*Normal/Fire* Litleo
*Fighting/Dark* Pancham
*Faerie* Spritzee
*starter* I'm straddling between Chespin and Fennekin right now, so this just might cause a team shift. :B

Zachpuppy
29th September 2013, 1:51 AM
1. Chespin/Froakie/Fennekin (I still don't know, but Fennekin being Fire/Psychic is so dang cool!!!

2. Flabebe

3. Inkay

4. Amaura

5. Meowstic (Male)

6. Fletchling/Sylveon (Either of those will work fine, but Fletchling will be able to fly, which might be more useful.)

This is probably not even close to final, but out of the known Pokemon currently, sure :D

red2000
29th September 2013, 2:13 AM
I'm planning on doing a lot different for my first X walk through. I'm gonna try nicknaming my Pokemon for one, something I haven't done since Emerald. I'm also going to break my habit of only having 3 Pokemon for most of the game, if I have 6 Pokemon by the 1st or 2nd Gym, so be it. As for a potential team, even though I have 6 Pokemon I know I want to train,Since we don't have a full Pokedex yet there may still be some hidden gems. I may just make 2 teams, or rotate alot like I did in a recent Black playthrough, but solid team members as of now are

- Chespin<Quiladin
- Noivern
- Tyrunt<Tyrantrum

I can't decide between the Dragons but I'll probably only use one, Pokemon that I would like to raise

- Talonflame
- Helioptile
- Clauncher

I also want to use at least one Fairy type, admittedly I'm not hyped about them, but using a new type is always good

TheFairyQueen
29th September 2013, 2:15 AM
My Y team:
Chespin (Chester) I really love chespin, his derpy face and overall design is loveable ..... he is just sooo happy to be there
Flabebe (Athena) probably my favourite pokemon from this gen ....... and she's fabulous
Vivillion (Fluttershy) This pokemon is possibly my favourite bug type released ..... ever. She came over and just kicked beautifly right out of her position ahahah.
Mawile (Terra) One of my favourite pokemon ever so i am glad to finally have a super powered version of her on my team
Amaura (Frosty) This is probably my favourite fossil ever....... EVER.
Squirtle (Sheldon/Shelly) My fave of the Kanto starters and he matches up with chespin

Pokemon X
Fennekin (Magika) My second fave of the Kalos starters so yeah it just slots in here
Bulbasaur (Bulby) My second fave of the Kanto starters (see where this is going)
Sylveon (Ribbons pronounced Ree-Bons) Another awesome fairy that just missed out on my Y team
?????
>>>>
<<<<
The last three are still up for debate so i shall wait for the rest of the dex

ninijatt
29th September 2013, 2:51 AM
Oooh, hardest thread ever!
Okay, uh, let's see.
Not sure, If I want to nickname them. I've never nicknamed before and especially not when a new gen comes around since, learning their names is a thing. But, this is also, the first time, I've actually hung around in the forums and done speculation so, as a result, I've come up with a few names. Some I really like and have a certain meaning to me since most of them spawned from rather cute conversations I've had with friends..... Poke-Problems....
Fennekin/Froakie (Kistune/Jiraiya) - Haven't decided. I'm half heartedly hoping the final evos will be reveled before release. I need that tie breaker.
Squitle/Bulbasaur - Again, haven't decided. I have an attachment to Squirtle due to it being my first pokemon. Ever. But I also have an attachment to Bulbasaur because personality test and mystery dungeon. The question is, Do I choose my friend or me? ... now, that I've said that, I think I'll go for Squirtle.
Torchic - Event pokemon received during storyline is pretty neat. I like Disc-One Nukes. I'll take it.
Skrelp (Hagakure/Acooltent) - The literal only reason I chose Y over X. Awesome [methane addict] pokemon is awesome.
Fletchling (Mechick) - Remember those cute conversations I mentioned earlier? Yeah, this one is gonna take three paragraphs to explain. I'll spare you.
Flabebe - Gotta have dat new type and this one is dorbles to the 100th power.

Other Possible Canidates
Slyveon ( Kyubey) - Eevee's pretty cool. Specially now that she's a magical girl.
Pangoro(Batman) - Nananananannananananananaannanannanananna BATMAN!!!
Skiddo Blue ski-do, we can too! (I am so sorry but, it was necessary)
Helipotile (Solarphile) - Just as Froakie grew on me over time, I started to like Helioptile less over time
Vivillion (Pixl) - Pretty bug type is pretty
Noivern ( Bad Dragon) - I am fairly certain that nickname won't fit but, this spawned from a conversation that will also take three paragraphs to explain.
Honedge ( Master Sword) - Again, that nickname won't fit. It's a sword ladies and gentlemen!
Inkay ( Squidle( - Dark/Pshychic. DARK/PSYCHIC
Aurorus - it's got those gorgeous head fins things.
Male Meowstic - Loce that coloring. Also, it's animation for a special attack, it's eyes go blank. That freaked me out for a second and I loved it.
Yveltal - Gotta have that version mascot. It's a must! Also, Yveltal has trumped Xerneas in every trailer so far in termed of badassery. While you do have a cooler name and impressive box art ( The plant life is absolutely gorgeous), step aside X. Y is the only way to go. All the cool kids choose Y.

Manafi's Dream
29th September 2013, 2:58 AM
Frogadier's Evolution - Assuming it's Water/Fighting
- Strong against Fire, Dark, Steel, Rock, Ground, Normal, Ice
- Weak against Psychic, Electric, Grass, Flying, Fairy
- Resists Steel, Rock 1/4x, Bug, Fire, Dark, Water, Ice

Venusaur - Grass/Poison
- Strong against Water, Fairy, Grass, Ground, Rock
- Weak against Psychic, Fire, Ice, Flying
- Resists Fairy, Grass, Water, Electric, Fighting

Donphan - Ground
- Strong against Fire, Electric, Rock, Steel, Poison
- Weak against Water, Ice, Grass
- Resists Rock, Poison
- Immune to Electric

Togekiss - assuming Fairy/Flying(praying for this)
- Strong against Fighting, Grass, Bug, Dragon, Dark
- Weak against Electric, Poison, Steel, Ice, Rock
- Resists Fighting 1/4x, Bug 1/4x, Dark, Grass
- Immune to Ground, Dragon

Galvantula - Bug/Electric
- Strong against Grass, Water, Flying, Psychic, Dark
- Weak against Fire, Rock
- Resists Grass, Electric, Steel, Fighting

Doublade(or possible final evolution) - Ghost/Steel
- Strong against Ghost, Rock, Psychic, Ice, Fairy
- Weak against Dark, Ghost, Fire, Ground
- Resists Bug 1/4x, Grass, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Rock, Fairy
- Immune to Normal, Poison, Fighting

This team has at least one Pokemon that's super effective against every type, and there is at least one Pokemon that resists or is immune to every type except Ghost.

Another nice thing: no double weaknesses!

Bijoh
29th September 2013, 3:25 AM
My team (for this moment)
1.- froakie (best kalostarter IMO)
2.- Helioptile (perfect pokémon <3 )
3.- Noivern (Badass)
4.- Doublade
5.- Pangoro
6.- Another possible new pokémon (fairy, i guess)

Profesco
29th September 2013, 5:41 AM
I wasn't going to bother trying to figure out a team plan for two reasons. First because we don't yet know all of the Kalos Pokémon there are to choose from - I might start training up a Fletchling and end up discovering a mid/late-game Fire type that captures my fancy much more. Second, and more importantly, I was hoping to hold out until we knew the details of the final starter evos. The gods of unhelpful irony would probably just love to have me, say, start the game with Chespin and catch a few cool-looking basic Pokémon along the way, only to find out four of my team evolves into the same type.

Of course, it's looking like the final starter evos are going to be kept strictly under wraps. Not only will we not be able to head into our decision knowing their final types, but we'll also be without stat and moveset info. So both my reasons turn out to be things that I can't do anything about anyway, and thus I figure I'll just pick what interests me now and build from there. And when it gets right down to it, I have to thank the Nintendo folks for being so tight-lipped, because playing the game blind is a lot more exciting and I never would have had the self-control to resist spoilers. :p

So, my major plan is to start the game with Chespin. I don't much care for the rotund and snouty figure of Quilladin, so my hopes are kind of hanging on a more appealing 'twist' final form. But I do love Chespin the most of all the starters, and the idea is to just slap the first Everstone I find on him and let him be. I've done this plenty of times before, anyway (Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Totodile, Treecko, Oshawott, and Snivy), so I know where I'll have to tread carefully. Let's say that for Y version, I have Chespin locked and loaded.

Now, I also mean to play X version with Froakie and Fennekin as well. Being without a second 3DS or any nearby relatives with one, the usual cheat of trading with myself isn't possible. Seems I've got to hope for a fairly early GTS access, and seek out a trustworthy trade partner to hold my starters for me. And if that fails, I'll just have to decide which starter I won't actually get to use. Though I guess I've got Torchic to fall back on, as well as the Kanto starters, so I could do a game with Froakie, Torchic, and Bulbasaur - a combination I can enjoy.

As for the rest of the X team, I'd really like to train a Helioptile. I like its cute little face and its capabilities so far, so I hope it keeps its charm upon evolution. Of those we know about, my next choice would be Noivern. Bats are all kinds of fascinating. And then I guess there ought to be a Fairy type to really embrace the new generation, but I'm not really keen on any of the examples they've given. Unless Swirlix takes a drastic turn for the less-sugary upon evolution, I think the only Fairy type I could take an interest in so far is Sylveon, and that's just because Eevee has never let me down before.

So that makes a full six for team X. And team Y at this point is just a standalone Chespin against the whole of France.

France had better call for backup.

TheFairyQueen
29th September 2013, 5:57 AM
OMG you guys i totally forget Furfrou ummm it name is Fifi and it will go in my Y team which will be in a rotation ahahah

Tyrannotaur
29th September 2013, 6:10 AM
Pretty sure I'll change my mind once I actually see all the new pokemon but so far here's what I'm gonna go with.
Y- Fennekin, Charmander (Probably will box eventually)/Pokemon with Fly, Tyrunt, Pangoro/Lucario, Water Pokemon, Other Pokemon.
X- Froakie, Bulbasaur, Noivern, Talonflame, Other Pokemon, Other Pokemon.

Growlie19
29th September 2013, 6:54 AM
The only ones set in stone for me right now are Froakie, Charmander, and a Fairy-type. Tyrantrum is a strong maybe, but the others I'll decide on when the games release.

Ace Of Keys
29th September 2013, 6:59 AM
Pyroar for sure. I love lions and as a fire type I'm definitely calling him Leo. Torchic obviously because of how exclusive it'll be with a mega stone, Forakie and Tyrunt. A Rock Dragon type looks really cool and i love moves with a bite XD

Monek_OP
29th September 2013, 7:02 AM
Because of all the Pokemon that are yet to be revealed, all I know is Chespin/Quilladin/??? and Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise. I usually try to use each gen's butterfly thing, so probably Scatterbug or whatever its name is. I haven't decided on whether I want Blastoise to be my mega evolver though...

Lost Lore
29th September 2013, 7:05 AM
I'm waiting for more Pokemon to be revealed, but I've three Pokemon that will be the top contenders so far as building a team goes:

Chespin -> Quilladin (Cocoa): Ever since the starters were revealed, I gravitated towards Chespin, just because of how adorable it was. When Quilladin was revealed, at first, I wasn't altogether pleased. But as time went on, I realized I was being silly and that Quilladin is just as adorable (or should I say, adorkable) as Chespin was, if not more. Not to mention these Grass/Dark final evolution rumours have given me all of the hype, since Dark is my favourite type. That rhymes!
Noivern (Echoes): Noivern just happened to be one of those Pokemon that was revealed via CoroCoro the day before my birthday. Its awesome design and gorgeous colour scheme won me over instantly, and I knew I'd have one on my team. I'm a bit worried about how late it'll be available, but hey, on a recent playthrough of another game I added my sixth team member so hilariously late game that the storyline was almost over. This is the main reason I never get to use legendaries ugh... I likely will catch another Flying-type to use before I manage to get it, but I'll add it to my team whenever I do get it.
Male Meowstic (Cantus): I've always loved cats, and GF has made so many feline Pokemon I can probably make a full team just of them. (...Future team idea, hey!) And when Meowstic were revealed, I just thought they were way too cute to not have one of them on my team. Despite the male version's more support-geared theme, I prefer it to the female version and I'll be using it on my team. I'm sure it'll be able to learn, say, Psychic, regardless of what its moves are, anyway. Plus support could come in handy if it can learn Safeguard/Heal Bell- gotta keep those nasty status moves away.

And then potential team members include:
Helioptile (Live Wire): I've thought it was cute since it was first revealed, and my opinion never has changed. If it has a vicious-looking frilled lizard evolution (...now that I think of it, Electric/Poison would be nifty!), it'll be even better.
Fletchling -> Talonflame (Fiarrow): Assuming there's not another bird I like more, this will be my team flier until I can get my paws on Noivern. Not to mention the fact that it's got a really badass design. And yes, I'm nicknaming it its japanese name- it's just a really cool one!
Pancham -> Pangoro (???): I never really cared for Pancham, but I do like Pangoro, and because it's of my aforementioned favourite type...
Honedge -> Doublade (???): Come on, sentient ghost swords. I don't think I can put it any better than that.
Yveltal (Abyss): Obviously, the mascot legendary has to be considered- I did it in Black, I'll do it here, too. I can already tell though that even if it doesn't end up on my main Kalos team, it has an all-expense paid pass to a spot on a mono-type Dark team.
Skrelp (Mo): And last but certainly not least, I've always preferred it to Clauncher, so I suppose it's good I want to get Y. (I seem to like Y's exclusives better as a whole, sans Mewtwo's mega evolutions, which is nice, considering I preferred White's exclusives last gen but played Black because of Reshiram...)

There's just too much left to be seen of the 'dex to decide on a full team of six right now- I can't do it. But my bias means I'll inevitably gravitate towards some Pokemon before I've seen everything that's obtainable in-game. And as per my usual rule, I'll be limiting myself to Kalos-native Pokemon, so I'll probably box my Kanto starter.

Wall of text no jutsu!

Sunsurge
29th September 2013, 7:11 AM
Oh dear. I just realized I forgot about having a Fairy type. Now I'm lost again. Part of me wants to make my little brother reset a few times so we can get all the starters. I love playing through a game having all 3 starters from the beginning (blame me watching Ash get Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander in the anime), and so I might do that. Also it makes me NOT have to choose between three starters I actually really like.

1.) Chespin
2.) Froakie
3.) Fennekin

4.) Pyroar
5.) Talonflame (I have too many fire types, but I don't even really care)
6.) Pangoro

6.) Helipotile (maybe-depends on evolution)
7.) Some fairy type (I have yet to see a good fairy type. I kinda dislike all of them revealed. I need a fairy type like Gardevoir (and hopefully Togekiss-which they better retype))
8.) I need a dragon too

And that would be my 8 pokemon. Go rotation strategies! I'll probably be catching like all the new pokemon just to see if they evolve into anything worth using.

RiRiGaGaLover
29th September 2013, 8:16 AM
Y will be my main and seeing as how Fennekin is my favorite of the starters I'll definitely use it. I wanted to use Fletchling because I almost always use the regional bird on my first playthrough but I am not a huge fan of Talonflame's design, so that line is a bit of a toss up and depends on how cool the other flying types are. Unlike many I definitely don't want to limit myself to Gen 6 Pokemon so I will likely pick Bulbasaur when that option presents itself and use it on my team as well. The idea of two starters on the team is pretty appealing and I like the contrast between Fennekin/Bulbasaur and I think they will mesh well together on a team. Other than those two, I am pretty sure I want to use Spritzee as well. I definitely will have to use a Fairy type, at least on the first playthrough, to utilize one of the new features in the game and so far Spritzee is the most likely candidate. I really like its design and I think it has a lot of potential; but at the same time its evolutions could also be awful so it just depends on that.

So as of right now my team looks like:

- Fennekin
- Bulbasaur
- Spritzee
- ???
- ???
- ???

I'll be picking up X a few months after Y and as of right now I plan to use Froakie but that's subject to change based on what the final evos of Froakie and Chespin look like. I do definitely know I'll be using Torchic however. Once again, the idea of two starters is just tantalizing, but I probably won't use a Kanto starter because three seems a bit overkill. I really like the Inkay/Malamar line and will possibly use it on this team. I'm also considering Dedenne but it really just depends on what its evo is like, assuming it even will evolve. Other than that, I want to keep my options open.

X team as of right now:

- Froakie
- Torchic
- Inkay
- Dedenne (?)
- ???
- ???

XXD17
29th September 2013, 8:29 AM
See...I was planning on using fennekin, helioptile, and noivern initially but now, it's all jumbled...

fennekin is for sure...it will be my starter and I will stick with it...the others are in the air...

I'm getting charmander for sure as well but not using it until after the league...

I'm thinking noivern will still be my flyer...unless a more awesome non-legendary dragon comes along...

as for helioptile, I need to see its evo...doublade has taught me that there are still surprises lurking about and not all of them are good...

I also wanted a malamar at one point but after seeing how slow and frail it is, I think I'll pass...

Strolling
29th September 2013, 8:48 AM
Was thinking of becoming a Fire Trainer for this gen but realized how bad that would end for me. My team would of been:
Fennekin
Charizard
Blaziken
Arcanine(Transfer)
Reshiram
Volcarona

If I wanted to be smart about it:
Rotom(Fire form)
Ninetales(With Drought)
Reshiram
Blaziken
Charizard
Fennekin

Omnikaiser
29th September 2013, 9:32 AM
Probable X team so far :

- Chespin/Quilladin/??? : Dunno why I chose him. I don't really like Grass types. I didn't want to choose fennekin because of the hype around it when he was revealed (and mainly because I only played fire starters during 4G and 5G). Hope the last evo will be less... round ?

- Clauncher : I always loved crustacean pokemon (krabby and Corphish) + the pistol shrimp is one of the animals I like most IRL. Hope its probable evo won't be disappointing.

- Litleo/Pyroar : Note sure about him. when litleo was revealed I hoped for a Fire type Luxray clone (meaning 3 staged pokemon and more... threatening). Him being 2 staged and keeping the normal type part disappoints me. Depending of its stats/moves and my mood, Charizard or event blaziken could replace it (or an unrevealed fire pokemon, or even better, Clauncher evolving to Water/Fire type)

- Tyrunt/Tyrantrum : Always loved fossil pokemon, always liked dinosaurs. Kinda reminds me of Aggron (just a feeling) + a unique typing.

That's for the almost 100% sure.

Then the undecided :

- Apparachnid/??? : Only a pokebeach rumor for now. But a ghost/poison spider pokemon appeal me. Hope it will be as good as Galvantula if real.

- Sylveon : Always liked eevee. there is a new one so I want to try it. + test the fairy type.

- Inkay/malamar : really interesting double typing

- pancham/Pangoro : same as malamar.

- Flying type pokemon : I don't like flying types; but I hate even more not having a Fly user on my team... don't really like the revealed one so far...

Rhonder
29th September 2013, 9:50 AM
So as I said in the other thread before team discussion got this thread, right now my X gen 6 favorites that will probably see some time on my team at some point or another are:

-Chespin
-Vivillon
-Doublade
-Aurorus
-Furfrou (un groomed xD I like the spiky look)
-Swirllix
-Gogoat

Yes, that's 7 I realize. I'm planning on using ~12 or so in a rotation style team, though how far I go with that is up in the air xD I may end up just swapping pokemon out as I go like I usually do on my first run through of a generation.

I'll probably be choosing Bulbasaur as my Kanto starter, though I'm also thinking Squirtle. I'll decide when I get there xD whether or not I use it on my playthrough team is also TBD. I've decided at this point that I may very well end up using a Mega now, despite them only being for old pokemon. You can only have 1 per team anyways, so it's not that much of a deviation, especially if it's a pokemon that I've never used before xD (which several of the Megas qualify for). I'll mostly decide based on which mega stones I find playing through the game though. I'll go hunting for more/specific ones after the game~ and that's about it .-. Despite my not wanting to use too many of them, I'm really interested to see how many prev. gen pokemon will be catchable in the wild. If I run into one of my absolute faves from older generations, they might make my team just cuz xD

AquaPikachu
29th September 2013, 10:05 AM
Name: Quilladin
Type: Grass/Dark
Moves: SolarBeam, Magical Leaf, Dark Pulse, Night Slash
Specialises in: Being the Wall

Name: Mega Blazakin:
Type: Fire/Fighting
Moves: Fire Blast, Close Combat, Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick
Specialises in: Being a Physical Sweeper

Name: Skerlp
Type: Poison/Water
Moves: Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Surf, Brine
Specialsies in: Fairy Killer, Poisoning foes

Name: Meowstic ( Male)
Type: Psychic
Moves: Trick Room,Light Screen, Psychic, Psyshock
Specialises in: Supporter

Name: Spritzee
Type: Fairy/Flying
Moves: Fly, Recover, Heal Pulse, Fairy Wind
Specialises in: Healer

6th Pokemon: Unkown ( As of now)

Naito
29th September 2013, 10:20 AM
I've had a hard time planning my future team and I am 100% sure this will change:

Team for X
Chespin->Quilladin
Charmander->Charmeleon->Charizard
eeveelution (most likely Umbreon)
Clauncher (not sure)
Tyrunt->Tyrantrum
Dedenne (not sure)

AquaPikachu
29th September 2013, 10:48 AM
Just curious..are you guys planning to have a More Defensive Team, More Offensive Team or a mix of both?

Citizen Insane
29th September 2013, 11:29 AM
Froakie: I'll most likely start with this one

Vivillion: In the start I always carry a butterfly.

Skrelp: Because he's awesome.

Swirlix: I just like it for some reason.

Meowstic F: I like her

Amaura: just cuz

To be honest I can't really decide, let's see what kinds of Pokémon will be there.

Russell-Bowman
29th September 2013, 12:15 PM
Just curious..are you guys planning to have a More Defensive Team, More Offensive Team or a mix of both?

I often tend to go for a mixture of both, such as two good defenders, two good attackers and two good special attackers.

Mr. Reloaded
29th September 2013, 12:39 PM
Though I've grown to care less about an in-game team, I think I have a decent idea.
Froakie- Partly because everyone will choose Fennekin, and I want to try out all the starters competitively.

Talonflame/Pyroar- Talonflame may end up being Staraptor, just with a glaring 4x weakness to SR, and SR is not a problem in-game so I may use him then.

Venasaur- Again everyone will pick the fire type, and Bulbasaur is the only starter I haven't truly used.

Skiddo/Helioptile maybe both- For variety.

Fairy Type- To get used to their strategies
And maybe one of the fossils.

JD
29th September 2013, 2:11 PM
X-Version
Froagadier Evolution
Pyroar
Tyrantrum
Gogoat or Venasaur
Sylveon *Possibly*

Y-Version
Quilladin Evolution
Meowstic

TheKnightsFury
29th September 2013, 3:47 PM
at the moment my team is:
1. chespin final evo or froakie final evo. if i dont like chespins i will use froakies if i dont like either i will give chespin an everstone.
2. helioptile evo
3. possibly pyroar or if i dont like it ill either find another fire type or use my good old friend charizard

the rest im undecided on and will leave open for the wild cards to come!

Paul1985
29th September 2013, 3:58 PM
My Teams:

Pokemon X Team:
Frogadier - Starter.
Charizard - My favorite Kanto Starter.
Gardevoir - I like it's typing.
Tyrantrum - I've never used a fossil before.
Doublade - I've always used a ghost type.
Undecided.

Pokemon Y Team:
Braixen - Starter.
Blastoise - My second favorite Kanrto Starter.
Vivillon - Looks awesome.
Aurorus - Same as Tyrantrum.
Sylveon - Just to have a fairy type.
Undecided.

alexterri
29th September 2013, 4:09 PM
I am certainly making one of my pokemon having Surf/Fly. That is a must must must.

Magical Leaf
29th September 2013, 4:11 PM
So I've definitely decided on half my team, with a few maybes on the side, depending on how things turn out.

Definitely:
Chespin/Quilladin/???
Skrelp/???
Amaura/Aurourus

Maybe:
Litleo/Pyroar (Unless there is a better Fire type in the game)
Spritzee/??? (If it learns Fly)
Inkay/Malamar (If Chespin doesn't end up being Grass/Dark like the rumours suggest)

Navarch
29th September 2013, 4:20 PM
I plan on only using Normal Types. I can use other Pokemon Post-Game. So far, my team will be:

Final Bunnelby Evolution (Normal) (I'm hoping for Normal/Ground)
Final Helioptile Evolution (Normal/Electric)
Pyroar F maybe M (Normal/Fire)
Ambipom/Furfrou (Normal) (I'm not a huge fan of Furfrou, I really want to use Ambipom)
Ursaring (Normal)
Togekiss (Normal/Flying)

I'm hoping that Ursaring, Ambipom, and Togekiss are in the Kalos Dex. This team will definitely change by the Release Date.

If I do use a starter, it would probably be like this:

Froakie Final Evolution (Water/Dark)
Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
Gogoat (Grass)
Sylveon (Fairy)
?
?

This is likely to change as well.

JONOxJONGHYUN
29th September 2013, 4:38 PM
I'm planning on using Chespin's final evolution, Amaura and Swirlix as definite members. Others I'm considering are Pyroar, Pangoro, Helioptile and Clauncher. ~

RoySceptile
29th September 2013, 4:46 PM

I normally try to go for 2 physically offensive, 2 specially offensive, and one each for Defense and Sp. Defense.

tayetayetv1
29th September 2013, 6:32 PM
I'm going with Chespin as my starter, Well because I love his design, Quilladen reminds me of a Grass type pignite. And it kinda cute. I'm also gonna use Meowstic (F) and I think i'm just gonna wait for the rest of the dex to be revealed. OH! And i'm gonna get a Raichu! I love Raichus!!!!

Curo
29th September 2013, 8:11 PM
Froaki
Tyrunt
Charmander
Grass/lightening
Ground/fighting
Farie/psychic/dark

cyberworrier94
29th September 2013, 9:18 PM
My teams for the versions are as followed:
Y Team:
Pikachu
Fennekin
Chespin
Froakie
Tyrunt
??? Buy needs to fly

X Team:
Pikachu
Litleo
Skiddo
??/ Water Type
Noivern
???? IDK lol

OnceUponATime
29th September 2013, 10:07 PM
X:

-Braixen
-Gogoat
-Clauncher
-Aurorus
-Vivillion (maybe)

Y:

-Quilladin
-Frogadier
-Talonflame
-Sylveon

Sponge
29th September 2013, 10:27 PM

I like having a balanced team, it's hard to get caught out that way....at least for in-game play.

As an aside, if Apparachnid, Hawlucha and Binicle turn out to be real I could see myself using them on my team. Especially the first two.

Pokememes
30th September 2013, 12:45 AM
I was thinking I will rotate between 7/8 pokemon to get more variety/diversity, especially since alot of pokes haven't been revealed
Teams posted in spoilers for your convenience :
Pokemon Y :
Chespin-> quilladin->. ____
Litleo-> pyroar (female)
Skrelp-> ______
Flabčbe -> _______
Amoura-> aurorus
Pancham-> pangoro
*some other unrevealed or undecided pokemon

Pokemon X:
Froakie-> frogadier
Inkay-> malimar
Fletchling-> talonflame
______ -> noivern
Helioptile-> _____
Tyrunt-> tyrantrum
*some other unrevealed or undecided pokemon

GirlsILikeThem
30th September 2013, 1:03 AM
My in-game team depends on the next gym. I have to do my best to train Pokémon with a type weakness to the next ordinal gym leader's type choice of preference. I need Gras-, Bug-, or Ice-type Pokémon for a Fire Gym. If the previous Gym is Dark, where I had to use Psychic- or Ghost-Pokémon, I have to abandon those and raise the Grass-, Bug-, or Ice-types.

Stardastarly
30th September 2013, 2:09 AM
The Pokémon I'll be using for my Y team are still rather undecided, but I've decided I'm going to go through with 6 of the new 6th gen Pokémon. The event torchic and Kanto starter I'll be depositing in my boxes for later. What I've decided so far though, will be something like this:

Quilladin - My starter. I have a habit of always choosing the Grass-type starter, and that pattern doesn't seem to be changing. With access to those Ground and Rock-type moves, as well as some cool Grass moves, it'll have nice coverage no matter what type it ends up being. I hope it doesn't become Grass/Dark, but I'm mainly just worried about the Bug weakness, but that'll be easily covered by my other Pokémon.

Talonflame - I always love the regional birds, even if I rarely use them. But Talonflame is just looking awesome. It'll be my flyer, and my main Pokémon in Sky Battles. Also having that 4x resistance to Bug will be helpful for Quilladin if it can't squash them quick enough with Rollout. Being a fire type will defiantly be useful, because that was my main problem in White 2, because I had none and little coverage for bug types. Won't be a problem this time though~

Helioptile - It's an adorable electric-type lizard, and one of my favourite Pokémon already. I hope to see an awesome evolution for it, because it's going on my team no doubt. Hopefully it'll be available early on in the game, preferably in the first half, because I don't like going around with fewer than 6 Pokémon later on in the game. I see it being caught in the desert, which should hopefully be accessible around the time you go to Lumiose.

Sylveon - New favorite Pokémon = Automatically on my team. I love eeveelutions, and I really want to try out the new Fairy type. Coverage on the dragons will defiantly be a very helpful point, as well as being immune to them which makes it even better. Again, I really hope we can get Eevee early on, as well as them being able to evolve into Sylveon as early as possible. Hopefully Eevee'll be catchable in the wild :3

Unfortunately, I have yet to decide on my final two members, but hopefully I'll be able to find them at some point during the game. Otherwise, I'll just go picking some random Pokémon I find (and hopefully like) and use them. I'll warm up to them eventually. Nicknames are still to be decided, so I'm going to work on that so I'm not stuck thinking when I could be playing the game. I still need a water type, so one of those will be needing to find their way onto my team at least by the time I get Surf, because I don't like being limited on where I can go when I have my full team with me, and I don't like the idea of HM slaves. If Skrelp evolves into some leafy or weedy sea dragon thing, then it's a maybe to go on my team. Other possibilities to be on my team include Pangoro, Vivillon (worried about the Rock weakness though), and Aurorus.

30th September 2013, 2:38 AM
So far, I plan on using:

Froakie/Frogadier/??? - Nicknamed "Richter" for reasons I don't want to elaborate on. Will be my starter unless Chespin is revealed to have a cooler 2nd stage.

Tyrunt / Tyrantrum - To be nicknamed "Sinclair" after the last name of a certain Dinosaur family (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z28LQWqeHqo).

Skrelp / ??? - It's going to bug me having two water types on a team, but I loved him the moment he was revealed and I hope to orient him more towards his poison typing. Will be named "Charybdis" or "Octorok" depending on gender. Will be my surfer if it's more special based than Froakie.

Flying type (???)

Electric type (Maybe Helioptile/???)

???

On the side:
Yveltal - Going to be named "Alduin" for obvious reasons.

GalladeFTW210
30th September 2013, 3:57 AM
I'm choosing Fennekin. I rarely choose fire for my first play through (Tepig being the only time I've ever picked fire, and that was for White) I'm really digging the creative look of Braixen and have high hopes for the final stage. I always wished a more offensively aggressive and viable ninetales existed, and I'm hoping fennekin will be that.

Pyroar - I love fire types, and in other games rarely get to use one. Also, as a kid I made a fakedex and I made lion fire type starter that looks almost exactly like Pyroar (except mine had a spike on the forehead) so this is almost like having my imagination come to life in a pokemon game. I'll be naming it after the name of the fakemon I made (just have to go find the old notebook...)

Tyrunt - Grew up with the Jurassic Park franchise and I was in love with dinosaurs as a kid. The only thing better than a T-Rex pokemon would be a Utahraptor pokemon (or a triceratops with horns [I'm looking at you Bastiodon <_<])

Otherwise I refuse to add more pokemon to my team just yet. I'm usually very particular and also like deciding to catch a pokemon "when it feels right". Every other generation I went in completely undecided, and rarely, if ever, kept a pokemon on my team permanently, even if I caught and trained it for a while.

I didn't even have a full team by the E4 of Diamond, and didn't complete a full team till close to the battle tower part of the game.

But yeah, this gen has me excited so much for the pokemon we're getting I've broken new ground an and actually decided on a few main team members.

Eeveemaster
30th September 2013, 4:07 AM
Possible in-game team..

If Surskit is available early in this gen, hoping it won't be available post Pokemon League it definitely have a reserved spot in my team..

Skrelp - Ever since its revelation, it has been one of my top favourite this gen. Hopefully it evolves into a more serpentine looking filled with leafy gossamer..

Froakie - If it follows the ninja-esque concept up until its final evolution then its going to be my starter..

Meowstic - I want the male one! It looks so mischievous. Its appearance easily won me over.

Still considering Vivillon ever since RBY days I've always used the early bug Pokemon on my first play through..

RBY - Butterfree
GSC - Ledian
RSE - Beautifly
DPPT - Mothim
BW - Leavanny

D!3g0
30th September 2013, 4:54 AM
I'm in trouble as I like every water type we've seen so far so...here I go:

Froakie.- Water starters always have been one of my faviorites.
Talonflame.- Mostly for transportation but the Flying/Fire combination caught me.
Amaura.- It and its evolution are wonderful I hope I can get it early
Inkay.- It looks so cute and then it transforms into such a witch looking pokemon
Flabebe.- Just IF it gets an evolution
And for my last pokemon I'm hpoing to see a grass pokemon that really catches my eye.

Daisymareep
30th September 2013, 5:20 AM
I am still undecided. I know I going pick Chespin as my starter. I think I will also have clauncher on my team since I order Pokemon x.

Crimson Penguin
30th September 2013, 5:24 AM
I'm getting both X and Y. I'll be using X as my main game, in which I'll only use 6th gen Pokemon for my first playthrough. For Y, I haven't yet decided if I want to do a more "traditional" playthrough or a Fire monotype (Fire is my favorite type, and because of the sheer amount of them this time around, I may end up doing this). So with that in mind, here are my planned team members.

Pokemon X

Confirmed: Fennekin, Sylveon

Really looking forward to using both of these Pokemon - in fact, I haven't been so excited to use a Pokemon since Piplup in Diamond. And my reaction to the reveals of Fennekin and Sylveon were much the same as the first time I saw Piplup: "I MUST have this on my team." Sylveon has quickly become my favorite 6th gen Pokemon due to its blend of cuteness and elegance (not to mention that I like what I see from the Fairy-type so far), and Fennekin looks to bring an end to the streak of Fire/Fighting starters, which I am very relieved about. Fire/Psychic (which I feel is practically confirmed at this point) is an awesome type combo, and I'm glad it's finally going to be more readily available.

Likely: Aurorus

Amaura/Aurorus is pretty much the only fossil Pokemon I've ever genuinely liked, and may well become only the second fossil I've ever used on my team, after Carracosta. I just hope it's fast and powerful enough to merit a spot, because that Rock/Ice combo has just a few more weaknesses than I'd like.

Somewhat likely: Gogoat

For some reason, I really like this guy. Skiddo is really cute too. May earn a spot on my team if there aren't any other Grass-types I like.

Pokemon Y

Likely: Froakie, Spritzee, Meowstic, Bulbasaur, Flareon/Torchic

Originally, I was going to pick Chespin as my secondary starter, but after the starter evos were revealed, I decided I'd rather have a bad-a** looking frog instead of a Grass-type Pignite on my team. So Froakie/Frogadier it is. It works out well, though - assuming that the Kanto starters can be found relatively early in the game, I can try out Venusaur's Mega form, since the Bulbasaur line has always been my favorite of the Kanto trio. Spritzee is quite cute, and it'll be another good opportunity to use the new Fairy-type. Meowstic looks like an interesting Pokemon, though I'm not sure which gender I'm going to go with yet. I like the male's design a bit better, but the female's movepool agrees with my battling style more, so we'll see what happens. Finally, I wouldn't mind the chance to use the event Torchic on my team, but Flareon has been with me for every generation so far, and I don't want that tradition to be broken anytime soon. Because I don't like to use more than one Pokemon of a particular type on my team, I'll have a tough decision to make in that regard, unless I go for the Fire monotype (in which I'll be using Flareon, Torchic, Charmander, Pyroar, and Talonflame, as all of them are/look awesome).

The rest of my team, obviously, will be filled in as I go along. It'll be exciting going into the game without knowing the whole Pokedex for the first time since Ruby and Sapphire, and hopefully I'll find some interesting new Pokemon to use. Now it's just a matter of waiting those last long couple of weeks until the 12th rolls around...

GoldCyndaquil
30th September 2013, 5:24 AM
If Chespin:
Chespin final evo
Mega Blastoise
Talonflame
Pangoro
Tyrantrum
Swirlix

If Froakie:
Froakie final evo
Mega Venasaur
Talonflame
Pangoro
Tyrantrum
Swirlix

I may use Helioptile if it loses the Normal-typing and I may use Duoblade.

Wizardly Oz
30th September 2013, 5:33 AM
Interesting that folks pay such attention to type coverage.
The team for my first run will be a hodge-podge of favorite 6th generation pokemon. With so many more to discover, my only decided team member is Talonflame. It is a beautiful beast. I am, however, quite fond of Clauncher, Skrelp, Duoblade, Froakie.... nvm I was going to end up listing almost all the pokemon that have been revealed thus far. ._.

firerank9
30th September 2013, 5:51 AM
Well, as for me, I'm getting Helioptile (hoping that it evoles), Fennikin (I'm usually a Magic based charater in MMO's), An unknown Fairy type, and quite possibly a Fossil Pokémon.

Phantom champion Z
30th September 2013, 6:17 AM
I usually have about 12 pokemon in rotation. So Far i want to use froakie, tyrunt, gogoat, Inkay, clauncher, and pancham.

Rhonder
30th September 2013, 6:22 AM

For in game playthroughs I don't exert effort trying to form my team into a "type". I also play competitive pokemon, so I save worrying about building teams specifically like that for post game xD For my playthroughs I just kinda use whatever I run into / feel like. A lot of the time when I go back to play through a generation again I'll like plan out specific pokemon I want to catch, but that's after I already know what there is to catch and where.

My in-game team depends on the next gym. I have to do my best to train Pokémon with a type weakness to the next ordinal gym leader's type choice of preference. I need Gras-, Bug-, or Ice-type Pokémon for a Fire Gym. If the previous Gym is Dark, where I had to use Psychic- or Ghost-Pokémon, I have to abandon those and raise the Grass-, Bug-, or Ice-types.

Wow :O whenever I've tried having several pokemon on rotation, I usually have a hard time not trying to counter type xD You do like the opposite... specifically making Ash-like type match ups seems like it probably adds a lot of challenge ya?

Interesting that folks pay such attention to type coverage.
The team for my first run will be a hodge-podge of favorite 6th generation pokemon. With so many more to discover, my only decided team member is Talonflame. It is a beautiful beast. I am, however, quite fond of Clauncher, Skrelp, Duoblade, Froakie.... nvm I was going to end up listing almost all the pokemon that have been revealed thus far. ._.

I agree, I never pay much attention to type coverage (or even distinct types really) on my in game teams xD If I wind up with like 4 grass pokemon I usually just fly with it unless I find something cooler :3 I don't have any permanent members chosen (except probably the starter. however last gen I ditched Pignite in my first black playthrough for litwick... which I later felt bad for because I actually like Emboar a lot xD It never got fully evolved either... my first emboar ended up being from Black 2 LOL), so we'll see~

tquinnhunsaker
30th September 2013, 6:38 AM
in my first play through I'll use

1.chespin
2.squrtle
3.torchic

and the rest I'll figure out when I play the game

in my second play through I'll use completely different Pokémon and I'll use this site to find all the things I missed on my first play through

Sabres_King
30th September 2013, 7:12 AM
Pokémon Y team: Male Protagonist
Chespin Line-I always start with the grass starter, so no matter what the final form looks like I am still choosing chespin as my starter
Squirtle/ Mega Blastoise- Long debate, but squirtle is my choice for the kanto starter in Y
Litleo/Pyroar- This may change once more fire type pokemon are revealed but my choice is defiantly going to be Litleo, I wanted this little gy since he was revealed
Helioptile- Unless there are other electric types to fill this place, other then Dedenne the choice is going to be Helioptile
Noivern- Again subject to change on any other different dragon types, but noivern deserves a spot on my team
Bunnelby- I never stick with the generation normal type so I wonder what bunnelby will evolve into

Reserves:
Honedge/ Doublade- This is in my reserves for its type and just the possible movepool this pokemon will have
Tyrunt/ Tyrantrum- Noivern is filling the Dragon role on the team, but this line could be an excellent back-up and for a rock typing as well
Pancham/Pangoro- This line is going to be used in rotation a lot, plus the typing is interesting
TalonFlame- Obviously regional bird, but subject to change depending on other flying types

Megas:
MegaLucario- gains a new ability and I feel that this mega could serve as an excellent backup when it comes to changing my mega pokemon
MegaAbsol- is just one of my favorite dark types

Pokémon X: Female Protagonist
Froakie Line- I want to steer completely away from fennekin, nothing wrong with it but personally I think froakie and chespin are way better
Charmander/ MegaCharizard- I feel that the Charmander and Froakie line will be a perfect fit
Gogoat- Similar to Litleo, once I saw this pokemon I just knew I had to use it on my team
Dedenne- Not only does Dedenne cover my electric type in this game, but also provides fairy type as well (good combination)
Furfrou- Similar to Bunnelby, plus I feel like Furfrou will have interesting stats and moves
Aurorus- Both Fossil pokemon are very interesting both appearance and typing, but I really am intrigued by Aurorus' ability

Reserves:
Clauncher- I feel this little guy could become a major powerhouse through evolution, but since froakie is my water pokemon, clauncher would fill in as a great reserve
Vivillion- Theres bound to be more bug pokemon, but for not Vivillion is going to be on my X team
Meowstic- I haven't decided on the gender yet; however, I will most likely train both

Megas:
MegaAmpharos- Adding a dragon type to ampharos sounds like an interesting idea, I cannot wait to see why the change was made
MegaMawhile: This mega can serve as a good wall for defense

MonfernoFreak
30th September 2013, 7:51 AM
Chespin (Won't evolve it if final evo is Grass/Dark and doesn't have a cool design): Loved this little guy every since the moment I saw him, although I think if GF gives him a Dark-Type it'll ruin that happy go lucky character he's got going. If they do then they better make him look baddddasssss

Talonflame/MegaCharizard: Haven't decided which one of these two Fire/Flying Types I want as they both look really cool. Possibly could train both if I don't fill up that extra spot on my team. Always train the regional birds, although never legitly trained a Charizard (Got one but just rare candied it in SS with cheats).

Pangoro: Loved Pancham, loved the evo even more. I knew since the moment I saw Pancham he was gonna be on my team but when Pangoro came along he just 100%ified it. It's also multicultural - black, white and asian.

Sylveon: Wanted a Fairy-Type to try out on my team and seeing that Sylveon is my favourite Fairy-Type and I absolutely love eeveelutions, this one was an obvious choice.

Tyrantrum(Maybe): Love both pre-evultion and post evolution designs. Usually don't use fossil Pokemon but I feel like I might this time. I only will if I don't find any other cooler un-revealed Pokemon I like, and I probably will so :/ Suppose I could call him a backup.

Undecided on the last. Pretty much have two spots left open since Tyrantrum's just a backup :)

Locormus
30th September 2013, 3:37 PM
In my style of playing, I usually catch all pokemon regardless, and specificy between which I'm actually going to use, and which become B, or C-tier for me personally. At this time, I have no clue, but I'll like notice while playing..

The A-tier are: "I want to use these, badly" aka "The Main Team"
- Chespin -> Quilladin
- Froakie -> Frogadier
- Fletchling -> Talonflame
- Honedge -> Doublade
- Pancham -> Pangoro
- Tyrunt -> Tyrantrum
- Skrelp -> ?: Likely to stay regardless of evolution.
- Litleo -> Pyroar: If we get the Blizzard Wolf, Pyroar gets demoted to B-tier.
- Swirlix: Depending on evolution, could go down.
- Orotto

B-tier: "I'm tempted to use these, sporadically"
- Fennekin -> Braixen
- Amaura -> Aurorus
- Skiddo -> Gogoat
- Helioptile: Depending on evolution, could go up.
- Noivern: Depending on if it is evolved or not, could go down.
- Bunnelby: Depending on evolution, could go up.
- Spritzee: Depending on evolution, could go up.
- Inkay -> Malamar

C-tier: "Likely won't see any team time, at all"
- Sylveon: Just not my cup of tea
- Flabebe: Got a similar reaction from me as Cherubi..
- Scatterbug -> Spewpa -> Vivillon: Just not tempted at all this time. I liked Leavanny's design more.
- Clauncher: Depending on evolution, could go up. Doesn't tempt me, but if the evolution's good, it might go to the B-tier.
- Dedenne: I just don't see myself using this, apologies for the Fairy-type?
- Furfrou: If it gets good moves and stats, it may become more useful then meets the eyes, and might, might, might end up at the B-tier.
- Espurr -> Meowstic: Epic dislike of cats here... ...in general..

S-tier: "Boxed for the hell of it"
- SB Torchic-event: GenVI-shinetime
- Kanto Starter: GenVI-shinetime
- Yveltal: I don't do run through's with legends since Emerald. Dat Rayquaza was just too convenient.

So, my favoured team is, now with nicknames:
- Quilladin: Arstan
- Frogadier: Janos
- Talonflame: Mallister
- Pangoro: Decy
- Doublade: Daario
- Tyrantrum: Viserys
- Skrelp: Aeron
- Swirlix: Wunwun
- Orotto: Brynden
- Pyroar/Ice-Wolf: Lann/Brandon

cyberworrier94
30th September 2013, 4:14 PM
Ok, after a few moments with this, I think I got a few guys down in each team (some changes too)
Y:
-Pikachu
-Fennekin
-Froakie
-Chespin
-Tyrunt
-Noivern

X:
-Pikachu
-Fletchling
-Skiddo
-Water Type
-???
-???

SuperSceptile
30th September 2013, 4:21 PM
I'm not 100 percent sure on my team. I've narrowed down a few and there are some l'm considering.

-OFFICIAL MEMBERS: Chespin, Helioptile, Squirtle
-POSSIBLE MEMBERS: Pancham, Tyrunt, Noivern, Fletchling, Meowstic

It's so hard to choose! So many amazing designs! :)

Griever789
30th September 2013, 4:22 PM
Hm I don't really have a set team at the moment though I am set on getting fenniken, I feel pity for chespin but after going though white without a fire type I really am parinoid about not choosing fire. I kind of want ralts, but I used it in almost every playthough of r/s/e so I'll pass, I might use it on a mono fairy run though. If it comes early enough I get honedge since I like his design, I might use jiggypuff since I never used one before, though I might save it for the mono fairy run. Sylveon, depends on how early I can get an eevee and how early you can evolve it into sylveon. I'll just soft reset torchic to a good nature and put into the box, Kanto starter will be bulbasaur and it will go into the box. Other then that I'll just see what's in game and see what interest me.

Afrodisiac
30th September 2013, 4:26 PM
6 Gen Pokémon I will definitely use: Froakie line.

6 Gen Pokémon I will probably use: Litleo line, Amaura line.

6 Gen Pokémon I will never use: Fennekin line, Honedge line, Legendaries.

Older Gen Pokémon i'm hoping will be available: Taillow, Mienfoo, Tynamo

7 tyranitars
30th September 2013, 4:53 PM
Fire starter, fairy type idk what else yet.

thesmilewolfy
30th September 2013, 5:00 PM
As of now, I will be using:
Fennekin: best starter for me c:
Meowstick: who doesn't love a blue cat that's also psychic type :O
Bulbasaur: only non gen 6 pokemon, since I want to use its mega form

Nibbles4Ever
30th September 2013, 5:02 PM
So far the only one I know I'm using is fennekin. I will probably use noivern to as long as it isn't like deino and you get it really lat >.>

Pamizard
30th September 2013, 5:13 PM
Here is what I am hoping to use for my first in game team (and then breed that in game team to create a wifi team version of them with the most effective EVs and IVS)

Fennekin: I have to start with her obviously have a female to breed her. If she does wind up being psychic final evo, i really hope it will be useful against lets say if froakie gets fighting upon final evo.

Noivern: I'm planing to use him but until i can obtain him, I will have a talonflame on my team as a backup. if we do get him mid game and not until the elite 4, that would be pretty sweet

Spritzee: I admire the flamingo/plague doctor theme fairy. She will be the first fairy pokemon I use. I hope the evolution is really good throughout the game and also for online.

Gogoat: I'll use him for in game to help against froakie

Helioptile: Could use an electric type. Hope they reveal his evolution this week

Malamar: I like the squid dude, and love the typing. Hoping he is effective throughout the game

Plus side down side
30th September 2013, 6:48 PM
Fennekin- I'm actually surprised that I may end up using her. I started out as a big Chespin fan, but after I saw Quilladin, I realized it's probably going to be bulky. I think I'm probably going to find a better grass type. Now I'm not 100% set on using Fennekin all the way through, but it will fill a fire role quite nicely, since I usually lack fire types on my teams anyways. Though I'm not so sure if it's going to be a problem if she takes up the psychic type, but I'm sure I could just use her for my fire type. I don't really like a lot of the early route Pokemon, to be honest.

Vivillon- This one is a big maybe. I know that she comes early, which will be useful. May have her replace my starter, maybe not. It all depends on the playthrough really.

Khangaskhan- I'm assuming that she's in-game because she has a mega. I want to use one because 1.) it's a Pokemon that I've never used, but always wanted to, and 2.) her mega-lution is awesome.

Dedenne- One of the only Pokemon that I'm 100% sure that I'm going to catch and train. I have trouble finding electric types that I like for some reason, and I loved Dedenne at first sight. Not only that, but fairy type. I would love the little critter to be my first fairy.

Meowstic- I'm probably going to use the female because I find the appearance more attractive, and I prefer a more offensive approach during play throughs. This one is almost guaranteed.

Skrelp- I'm interested in the little guy. I want him to show his chops on my team. I could see myself finding a better water type down the line, but for now, I certainly have no qualms with him being my water filler.

Monster Guy
30th September 2013, 10:07 PM
I'm planning a Fairy/Psychic team. I need to know what's in the game, when they appear, and what's getting a Fairy type in order to make a team. So far I know I'm using Fennekin (if the final evolution is Psychic.) I haven't decided on the rest yet.

Team thus far

Delphox
Meowstic
Florges
Gardevoir
Gallade
Azumarill

Back ups

Goodra
Slurpuff
Sylveon
Espeon
Pyroar
Venusaur
Aroumus
Dedenne

mewfanforlife
1st October 2013, 12:39 AM
It's tough to decide without seeing all the Pokémon, but I'm planning on Froakie, Helioptile, Flabebe, and Skrelp so far. If I had to pick from the currently revealed Pokémon, Amaura and Meowstic would round out the team. Malimar and Pyroar are Pokémon I'd consider rotating in though.

I tend to pick the water starter first, and the second stage convinced me that Froakie will be a pretty good choice. I also want to try a Fairy Type, but I don't like Dedenne, Spritzee, or Sylveon, so that narrows it down to Xerneas, Swirlix and Flabebe. I'm getting Y, so that just leaves Flabebe. I also really liked Skrelp from the moment it was revealed (although I originally was going to start with Fennekin so it wouldn't have been a redundant type). Helioptile could get dropped, but I tend to pick Electric over Grass for countering opposing water types. I want a Psychic Pokémon, and actually like both Meowstic and Malimar pretty well. I'll probably use the one you can catch sooner. My friend is picking Tyrunt, so I agreed to take Amaura, but I do like Ice Types a lot, I'm just worried it might be really slow and the two 4x weaknesses could cause it problems.

thetamale
1st October 2013, 12:47 AM
Froakie - I always end up preferring the water starters and that isn't changing now.

Oorotto - I love its design even though the poor thing doesn't have a proper name yet and I'm assuming it's a grass type.

Talonflame - I need a flyer and it also gives me access to fire type moves.

Malamar - Excellent design, interesting typing just keep it away from bugs.

Helioptile - Hopefully it evolves into something good, be a very handy electric type.

Aurorus - Just to give the team a bit of class, a graceful looking ice type that'll gain stabs from body slam and stomp can do a lot of damage.

Blaziken77
1st October 2013, 1:06 AM
This is a tough one since there are so many cool looking ones but it would have to be:
Froakie
Noivern
Pangoro
Tyrantrum
GoGoat
PyRoar

These ones look so awesome in my opinion and I'm guaranteed getting these, not sure if they will be on the team though when the games come out but for now this would have to be my squad

alexterri
1st October 2013, 1:08 AM
I know that I will be choosing Gogoat in my first game. But, I don't really like any of the water-types shown so far.

Paralititan
1st October 2013, 1:29 AM
So far under consideration

Frogadier
Tyrantrum
Noivern
Pangoro
Helioptile
Skrelp
Malamar
Talonflame
Oorotto
Charmander

Of course it depends on the evolutions that are yet to come. But already 9 candidates, and not even all pokemon are revealed.

Anyone know if the Johto starters will be available in game before you face the E4? If so Totodile will be 100% on my team.
Anyo

Ulicies
1st October 2013, 1:32 AM
I've just recently become a fan of using only the starter for the entirety of the storyline and elite four. Using just Samurott for my Black2 play through (used Snivy with a normal team in Black1), I taught him Return, and between Water and Normal attacks, I had perfect neutral coverage for every Poke type.

For my first play through in X/Y, I've already decided on Fennekin, but I've been thinking about doing a starter-only play through with him. Between Fire and Psychic, I'll have perfect neutral coverage, and with the way I always grind, my starter will be at least 15 levels above the opponents' Pokemon.

I'll probably use Charizard as well, if only to use Fly ;)

Saints 5
1st October 2013, 2:19 AM
The Pokémon I'm thinking of using right now would probably Chespin, Amaura, Fletchling, Swirlix, and Furfrou. Although I did prefer Fennekin at first, Chespin has grown on me a lot. Plus Quilladin looks like it'll be bulky which might help me later on. Amaura just looks cool to me, plus it has an awesome ability. Talonflame has one of my favorite designs of Gen VI, so I might as well use it. Swirlix is just adorable. Furfrou's normal form looks pretty cool to me, and I hope that it gets a better looking coat than the ones that were shown.

Bolt the Cat
1st October 2013, 2:22 AM
This is my tentative team:

Fennekin
Squirtle
Mawile
Tyrunt
Pancham
undecided Electric type

This team is probably going to need retooling because of multiple Mega evolutions and no Electric type, but IDK what else to use here. All I know is I want the following:

-Diverse team of Pokemon
-A Fairy type
-A Mega Evolution
-A speedy Electric type
-Poison type preferable (I didn't use Skrelp because I don't want to double up on Water types)

Problem is that some of the Pokemon revealed don't really fit this. We don't know any Poison types aside from Skrelp (I might use an older one if the new ones don't impress me), and none of the revealed Electric types seem really speedy (Helioptile looks like it'll develop into a slower Electric type, Dedenne I probably won't use unless it evolves, and MegaAmpharos doesn't seem any faster and I already have a Mega evolution and a Dragon type, so that doesn't really benefit my team). So I guess I'm stuck playing the waiting game before I can make any changes to my team.

alexterri
1st October 2013, 2:39 AM
Meh, I might just pick Squirtle and use that as my water-type. I mean, it gets a Mega Evolution.

StarzZ
1st October 2013, 2:41 AM
Here is my work in progress - Normally have a team of around 7-10 that i will finish the game with

Froakie - Water is my favourite type and froakie's evo line is looking amazing so far! Lets hope it don't disappoint. Only ever used a non water starter twice and that was my 1st ever play through and the hoenn games as i didnt like mudkip.
Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander - I normally only use that gens Pokemon so im in 2 minds if i should use 1 of these or not? Squirtle is my Favourite pokemon but i will already have a water type, charmander will deal with my rival (if there is one) but i have never done a play through with bulbasaur so might choose him.
Flitchling - Fly slave + fire coverage if i dont take charmander/get a litleo early on
Sylveon - Got to have the new type in my team and no better way that to have an eeveelution! (Love these guys)
Tyrunt - Really like both fossil pokemon this gen, Tyrunt is just in front but i could chance my mind!
Scatterbug - Early bug pokemon
Litleo - for some reason pyroar male really reminds me leomon from digemon,
Pancham - Looks a beast when evolved

Half of them no doubt wont make the team once we get the full Dex

Puma Italia
1st October 2013, 2:54 AM
Not sure if anyone else saw that leaked picture of Braixen's supposed evolution. (well of it evolving, you don't actually see the evo, but an outline of it)

If it's legit, it looks like Braixen's evolution will ride on it's broomstick. Not sure how I feel about this yet..

Blaziken77
1st October 2013, 3:20 AM
I just hope Elekid is in the kalos pokedex.
Electivire is probably my favourite Pokemon of all time (tied with a few others) and it would be awesome to have him on my in game team!

Phantom Firefly
1st October 2013, 3:33 AM
Anyone Thought Of Making A Team Of One Pokemon From Each Gen Post Game?
Just For Fun.

mew 2000
1st October 2013, 3:37 AM
I was thinking

chespin
pancham ( reconsidering since he now has a x4 weakness to fairy plus he's been easily pwned in all fights we've seen him in)
slyveon
charmander ( not sure since i've raised chamander a dozen times )
tyrunt
clauncler

does that team sound well balanced?

thetamale
1st October 2013, 3:37 AM
Just For Fun.

Yeah that's how I usually do things, my team on Black is one from each but two from Gen 3. Gets harder and harder to choose.

wsides
1st October 2013, 3:40 AM
Just For Fun.
Oooohhh I like this... I'll give it a try:
Gengar
Kingdra
Blaziken
Mamoswine
Hydreigon
Sylveon???

Phantom Firefly
1st October 2013, 3:45 AM
Yeah that's how I usually do things, my team on Black is one from each but two from Gen 3. Gets harder and harder to choose.

I know. I'm still waiting for the final Dex but it still might take me a minute to think of a team. Too many favorites from each Gen!

Edit: Only got a slight headache trying to think of the team. Still a little iffy.
GEN I: ;143;
GEN II: ;169;
GEN III: ;330;
GEN IV: ;392;
GEN V: :617:
GEN VI: ???

Blaziken77
1st October 2013, 4:22 AM
Thats a nice little idea!

Charizard
Tyranitar
Blaziken
Electivire
Galvantula/Haxorus
Pangoro

Icepath
1st October 2013, 4:27 AM
Just For Fun.
Nah, I think I'll just stick with mostly Kalos Pokemon. Maybe in a future playthrough, though~

Manafi's Dream
1st October 2013, 4:31 AM
Just For Fun.

Gen I: Venusaur
Gen II: Donphan
Gen III: Metagross
Gen IV: Togekiss
Gen V: Galvantula
Gen VI: Frogadier's evolution(I refuse to accept Greninja until it's confirmed)

Phantom Firefly
1st October 2013, 4:32 AM
Nah, I think I'll just stick with mostly Kalos Pokemon. Maybe in a future playthrough, though~

Yeah it's just a fun little topic for everyone.

Primal Crusader V
1st October 2013, 4:42 AM
Based on what I've seen so far, I guess I'll have:

Fennekin/Braixen: The other Fire-types don't spark up much of an interest for me. At first, Chespin took the cake, but after a bit of debating, I thought Fennekin would be a better choice (I favor Fire-types above all else anyway). Just for now, it's Fennekin.

Honedge/Doublade: This guy is probably the second Ghost-type I've actually gotten into, the first being Dusknoir. Anyhow, I see him as an all-out Offensive sweeper, and by the looks of it, his diverse movepool is really shaping him up to be an efficient counter. Honedge will definitely be in my team for Gen. VI.

Tyrunt/Tyrantrum: This. This has to be the most phenomenal fossil design I've seen so far. I've been wishing for a T-Rex fossil for a while now, and my wish has been answered. Unique Rock/Dragon typing can counter Ice-types, depending on how much Ice-types get a buff this gen. Even so, Tyrunt/Tyrantrum is a most for me team now.

Bunnelby: This guy has so much potential for being a Ground-type, seeing as how it's literally the "Digging Pokemon". To hell with me if it maintains Normal. Even so, I have faith in this little guy.

Helioptile: Must be a Fire/Electric. "Nuff said.

applemania
1st October 2013, 9:42 PM
My team for Y as of now.
Fennekin
Spritzee
Amaura
Pancham
Inkay
Meowstic

Not a very strategic team I know (3 probable Psychic types and Two Dark, plus a fairly obvious glass cannon) but since this is my return to Pokemon after sitting out Gens 4 and 5, I'm going with my aesthetic choices as I get used to the various aspects of gameplay that have come into effect since then. (Holding out hope Spritzee's evo is part Poison, so I have some Fairy Fighting power)

I do want to catch and train somewhat all Gen 6 pokemon as I can during the game, but other than Mawile, Sableye, Dunsparce and the Bulbasaur I'll get, other gens will be caught post-game to complete the Dex challenge.

Heartlessangel17
1st October 2013, 10:20 PM
My planned team so far for X or Y:
Fennekin
Gardevoir
Doublade
Malamar
Tyrantum/Aurorus (Depending on game)
Xerneas/Yveltal (Depending on game)

Nacreous
1st October 2013, 10:23 PM
While I do like Yveltal,I'm gonna go with the X version.Xerneas seems so much more mysterious.

I think I'm gonna start with Froakie.I really like its evo.
then I'm gonna catch a Fletchling
I kinda want Swirlix...I don't know
but definitely Inkay

jubigan
1st October 2013, 10:51 PM
Allright, now that even MORE pokemon have been leaked/revealed....I have decided on a final set team for my main game, Y (Going for a team of starters here):

Fennekin (Pokémon I will start off with.)
Froakie (Tend to get him ASAP)
Chespin (Same as Froakie)
Charmander (Kanto Starter of choice)
Torchic (Event)
???

I know I have three Fire Types, but Charmander and Torchic gain other types. I don't know if my last one should be Water or Grass....OH well, I decide on that when the option actually becomes available....

spikyearedpichu
2nd October 2013, 5:22 AM
Pokemon X:
Froakie
Bulbasaur
Torchic
Inkay
Amaura
TBA - Possible a Ground type to cover every type

Pokemon Y
Fennekin
Squirtle
Pancham
Possible Tyraunt
TBA
TBA

Downloaded Version:
Chespin
Charmander
TBA
TBA
TBA
TBA

What did you guys think!

msiew10
2nd October 2013, 5:37 AM
Wifi team -

Braixen -
Psyshock
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Fairy Wind

Venusaur -
Sleep Powder
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Substitute

Doublade -
Sacared Sword
Sword Dance
Shadow Sneak
Metal claw/ Steel Wing/Meteor smash/ Gyro ball/ Pullet Punch

Garchomp -
Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock

Milotic -
Dragon Tail
Rest
Scald
Toxic

johno1995
2nd October 2013, 5:40 AM
Chespin --> Quilladin --> Fully-evolved
Squirtle --> Wartortle (Wartortle is my favorite Pokemon... I know, I'm weird, but I won't be evolving it)
Pancham --> Pangoro
Swirlix --> Fully-evolved

The last two spots are wide-open. Depending on the available Pokemon, I might use one of the fossils. I still can't decide on which one, they're both pretty epic!

Grei
2nd October 2013, 6:52 AM
I don't want to form a strict team just yet, but I've been figuring out a general team of definites for Y.

I'm starting with either Chespin or Froakie.
I want Fletchling as my Fire type, and as my Flyer.
I'm probably choosing Bulbasaur regardless of which Kalos Starter I pick.

Otherwise... Mega Ampharos is pretty alluring, and Noivern looks freaking great.

I worry about having too many doubled weaknesses, but at the same time, w/e.

Asgarde001
2nd October 2013, 8:10 AM
So far I have 3 Pokemon who definitely will be in my Y team, which include:

1.) Fennekin, as it is the starter I settled on back when they were first revealed.

2.) Doublade, because it is a pair of swords. ( I am a collector of swords, so this was an easy choice to make)

3.) Tyrantrum, because it's a T-Rex

As for my three remaining team members I am currently trying to decide between these:

Torchic
Squirtle
Helioptile
Inkay
Pancham
Sylveon
Lucario (if I can get one before the E4)
Gogoat

josiah the hoeen champion
2nd October 2013, 9:36 AM
As far as my team in the kalos region swampert will remain my starter pokemon he has been with me since pokemon emerald version and never lets me down, as far as his teammates it might look sumthin like this

SWAMPERT (after I finish the game)
Evolution of BRAIXEN (fennekin is my starter)
DOUBLADE Hopefully it evolves again (I always need a good steel type in my team)
MALAMAR ( this pokemon is very interesting to me might replace my sableye don't know yet)
TYRANTRUM/NOIVERN ( might and I mean it's a possibility that it might replace my salamence it's undecided)
MEAGA VENASUAR (I just love defensive pokemon and with more defense an Sp. defense plus thick fat ability I think it fits defensive very well)

I also have a ghost type trainer named Mr. Dusk in the making so I'm working on a Ghost team

PokéIce
2nd October 2013, 10:41 AM
My team for X so far:

Quilladin
Xerneas
Pyroar
Aurorus

I still need a water type, skrelp is only in y and I don't like clauncher.
And a fairy type. (Edit: nvm, I just remembered that Xerneas is fairy type.)

Sarefan
2nd October 2013, 11:20 AM
Team 1 (male character): Froakie evo, Pangoro, Noivern, Pyroar, Malamar, Tyrantrum. These lads are sure to be part of my team, some might get to my reserves.
Team 2 (female character): Fennekin line (female) Sylveon, Aurorus, Meowstick are sure. If there is no other flyer available, Talonflame might join in, and Vivillon might go to my reserves.

Aquarelle
2nd October 2013, 11:21 AM
I am getting both games. I plan to use these starters:

Fennekin: I will choose Fennekin on my main game (most likely Y). Fennekin became my favourite of the Kalos starters right away because I love its design.

Froakie: Because I like Water-type Pokemon and I believe my sister is using Chespin as her starter.

I haven't made any final decisions for my remaining team members, though here are some Pokemon I have been considering:

Sylveon: I really like the Eevee family and I would like to try out at least one Fairy.
Pangoro: I like its typing and abilities, plus I love Pancham's appearance.
Pyroar: Love both designs and its type.
Malamar: I've wanted a Dark/Psychic type for a long time.

Bunnelby: I'm a sucker for bunnies. ^_^
Tyrantrum: I generally find fossil Pokemon to be really interesting, plus I think its Rock/Dragon typing is cool.
Aurorus: LOVE this + Amaura's designs. I like their colouring and think they are so beautiful.
Old Pokemon: I do want to mostly use new Pokemon, but I may use older Pokemon who gained the Fairy-type or got Megas.

MoonOwl
2nd October 2013, 3:24 PM
Um... I like tons of the new pokemon. The only one I've decided on so far is Froakie.

Crimson_Blazer
2nd October 2013, 6:13 PM
Man mega charizard X has totally screwed with my team. I was gunna go chespin torchic squirtle but now im thinking froakie charmander and just DLing torchic and letting it get a case of PC rot until I get Y or start another playthrough

Shiny Espeon0429
2nd October 2013, 6:51 PM
I always use new Pokemon, so as much as I love Squirtle, Ampharos and co, I will be using an entire party of Gen 6 pokemon.

For now:

1. Greninja
2. Talonflame
3. Sylveon
4. Aurorus
5. Meowstic F
6. Noivern

There is no way this will be my final team. When more Pokemon are revealed, I'll likely change it. Greninja is for definite (I'm not crazy about it but I'm sure it'll grow on me) and Talonflame is like 90%. I do like Meowstic, but I'll wait to see other Psychics. I want a Dragon and a Fairy and Noivern and Sylveon are the best revealed so far imo (apart from Xerneas but I never use the legendaries initially). Aurorus... I'm undecided on. Again, I want to see other Pokemon first.

King Shuckle
2nd October 2013, 7:05 PM
I'm actually going to pick up some older Pokemon.

Ideally, I'm going to start off with Chespin, Charmander, Marill, and Amaura in X for a while, then branch out a bit more after the 3rd badge. If I get Y, I'm going to do Froakie, Bulbasaur, Fletchling and Tyrunt for sure.

kris198921
2nd October 2013, 7:08 PM
my team for y so far is

Fennekin, Inkay, Tyrunt, not sure about grass or water and i want to use a fairy but im not sure what one

Magixx
3rd October 2013, 9:07 AM
My Pokemon Y team:

Cores:

Fennekin -> Braixen -> Delphox (Female)
Espurr -> Meowstic (Female)
Pancham -> Pangoro (Male)

Maybe's:
Amaura -> Aurorus (Female/Male not sure yet)
Spritzee
Salamence
Snorlax
Sylveon
Dragonite
Blastoise
Absol (Mega)

Rakurai
3rd October 2013, 10:37 AM
Despite the sheer number of Pokemon shown so far, the only one I know I'm adding to my team for certain is Hawlucha.

I was planning on reserving a spot for Electrike and Deino, but it's seeming like both of them are most likely in the eastern part of Kalos, which is a bit late for my tastes...

aerial_ace
3rd October 2013, 10:57 AM
so far i am planning to use the following(unless i come across something amazing in my play through)

Fletchling
Honedge
Flababe
Skiddo/chespin
Skrelp
Espur

i refuse to use any starters cus im not a fan of any of them(hopefully this chespin evo will grow on me like quilladin did) and i never use older pokemon in my first play through. there are lots of cool pokemon this gen so the team could be quite flexible.

bigsmallbrot
3rd October 2013, 11:19 AM
Swirlex x 6

Kaasuti
3rd October 2013, 1:45 PM
Team Y at the moment will be:

Fennekin (Magus/Vixen )- I will be keeping her as her design has grown on me and she's a Fire/Psychic type.

Charmander (Drake)- He will always be on my team if i get a choice. I know two fire types is a bad idea, but at least they have different secondary types.

Tyrunt (KingRex) - I'm obsessed with Dinosaurs, and he looks pretty damn awesome. Good typing too.

So i need to think about other types. Probably a water, grass or fairy.

Russell-Bowman
3rd October 2013, 3:07 PM
The recent revelation of the secondary types of each Starter's final evolutions have shook my team ideas up a bit. Seeing as Chesnaught will be a Grass/Fighting-type and Greninja is a Water/Dark-type, I won't be using Pangoro on either team, because I don't like having more than one Pokemon of the same type on any team. If I ever do decide to use Fennekin as my starter at any point though, I'll make sure there's a place on the Delphox team for Pangoro. As it stands, my teams are like this;

X team:
Chesnaught
Clauncher
Talonflame (I don't like Mega Charizard X)
Heliolisk
Either Slurpuff or Meowstic
Someone from the previous Generations.

Y team:
Greninja
Pyroar
Aromatisse
Either Venusaur or Gogoat
Aurorus
Someone else. Doublade perhaps?

dss_live
3rd October 2013, 3:53 PM
from what has been revealed so far, it looks like my X team will be:

- Greninja (watch out for that tongue ;) )
- Flabebe (i''m defiantely gonna try to get one with a blue flower)
- charmander (his X megalutions is incredible)
- Aurorus
- heliolisk
- Male Meowstic

depending on what pokemon we've yet to learn about this team would be pretty final :) tho i might eventually start rotating ome pokemon, if that's the case furfrou and sylveon will join the club

Sukiza
3rd October 2013, 4:00 PM
I did try to form a pre-made team .. but everytime they reveal something else my plans are changing.. so i decided that i ll wait till i see the final evolutions comfirmed and decide which starter i pick and all the other spots are open for any pokemon i like when i meet it in the game :P

Unredemption
3rd October 2013, 4:22 PM
Given the recent leaks of the final starter evolutions, I'd likely be going with Froakie instead of Fennekin. Can't really express how butthurt I am by Delphox's design... Good thing though, this actually frees up a slot for a Fire type. I'd take Charmander over the free Torchic they're giving out - always wanted a good Fly user for my team (I tend to avoid HM mules) and Charizard would be the perfect fit.

Haven't really decided for the rest, Sylveon maybe? Though Yveltal looks like a beast, I usually steer clear of legendaries for my playthrough team since they take a bit of the challenge out of the game. Same for Mega Mewtwo Y.

NeoDude-5000
3rd October 2013, 4:25 PM
Team for Pokémon X:

Chespin - Quiladin - Chesnaught (Starter Pokémon)
Fletchling - Fletch-whatever it was called - Talonflame (Flyer, until I get Charizard)
Charmander - Charmeleon - Charizard (Ace Pokémon)
Pikachu (yes I do prefer Pikachu over Raichu)
Pancham - Pangoro (Kung Fu Panda)
Clauncher (possible water type)
Random Pokémon (wildcard)

RConnz
3rd October 2013, 4:49 PM
Greninja, the only starter that isn't totally hideous IMO.
Venusaur
Talonflame
Tyrantrum
Helioptile's evo
Sylveon

johno1995
3rd October 2013, 5:05 PM
Atm I think I'll go with:

Chespin --> Quilladin --> Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
Squirtle --> Wartortle (Water)
Swirlix --> Slurpuff (Fairy)
Pancham --> Pangoro (Fighting/Dark)
Whismur --> Loudred --> Exploud (Normal)
Tyrunt --> Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)

Subject to change with more reveals. But I'm pretty happy with this team^^ Talonflame can be my back-up... my flier/Fire-type if I need him, but my team can live without both as long as I have enough diversity when it comes to movepools! And I'm not a competitive battler so this team is fit for me.

Sarefan
3rd October 2013, 5:13 PM
Guess of MegaZard X and Greninja, team will be changed around a bit due to balance.
Game 1:

Main Team

Geninja (Water / Dark)
Charizard (MegaZard X) (Fire / Flying (Dragon))
Malamar (Psychic / Dark)
Tyrantum (Rock / Dragon)
Wildcard 1
Wildcard 2

Reserves:

Noivern (Flying / Dragon)
Pangoro (Fight / Dark)
Pyroar (Normal / Fire)

MidnightMelody
3rd October 2013, 6:44 PM
Chespin,Froakie,Torchic,Squirtle,Sylveon and Pikachu for me :)

Odious
3rd October 2013, 6:55 PM
I'm going to run a Psychic only team so Malamar, Meowstic and Fennikin's final evolution are all I have soo far

Rinne
3rd October 2013, 7:06 PM
Only using Kalos Pokémon that have been revealed/leaked. I kinda want to find a devoted Water-type at some point, though.

Chespin --> Quilladin --> Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
Fletchling --> Fletchinder --> Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
Swirlix --> Slurpuff (Fairy)
Honedge --> Doubledge (Ghost/Steel)
Helioptile --> Heliolisk (Electric/Normal)
Amaura --> Aurorus (Rock/Ice)

Mav-san
3rd October 2013, 7:09 PM
I'm going for a Kalos Pokémon only Team.

- Greninja
- Tyrantrum
- Ghost-type (probably Honedge, we'll wait and see)
- Fly-user (Talonflame for now, but I wanna wait and see what's more)
- Wild Card 1
- Wolf Pokémon (if it happens to be one, or Wild Card 2 otherwise)

Current candidates for Wild Card: Meowstic (M or F, dunno), Pyroar, Pangoro, Sylveon, Orotto, Gogoat and Skrelp

Nemokins
3rd October 2013, 7:25 PM
The only two certain pokemon for me are Froakie and Bulbasaur; I really want to make use of Bulbasaurs poison typing. With the mega evolution, it only has two weaknesses; flying and psychic while having advantages over: water, rock, ground, bug, grass, fairy. Furthermore it goes on to have resistance against electric and fighting...it's a pure beast :D

Teaching my venusaur earthquake for coverage against steel and fire too :) SO EXCITED :D

TRG
3rd October 2013, 8:05 PM
3 rules I'm going by: 1) Kalos only Pokemon 2) No overlapping types 3) No Mega-Evolutions (cause they're the equivalent of using a legendary throughout your playthrough... No thanks I actually prefer somewhat of a challenge)

So with that being said...

1) Chespin ---> Quilladin ---> Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
2) Talonflame ---> Fletchinder ---> Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
3) Inkay ---> Malamar (Dark/Psychic)
4) Tyrunt ---> Tyrantrum (Dragon/Rock)
5) Honedge ---> Doublade (Steel/Ghost)

Looks good so far... All I need is a designated Water type to Surf for me and to complete my FWG core. Getting Y version so if I don't end up liking Skrelp for whatever reasons and no other Kalos Water types are releases I'll probably just end up getting a non-Kalos Water type.

avsimone
3rd October 2013, 9:20 PM
For my team I'm going to do what I always do. Whatever looks really cool and will manage an awesome team

At the moment it looks like this:

Chesnaught (grass/fighting)
M- Blaziken (fire/fighting)
Blastoise (water) might be my mega depending
Duoblade
slurpuff
Tyrantrum

that's what it looks like now... probably going to change it when I'm actually playing though... gotta catch'em all right?

Banjodorf
3rd October 2013, 9:39 PM
So far I'm going with:

Greninja (Water/Dark)
MegaVenusaur (Grass/Poison)
Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon)
Doublade or it's potential evolution (Ghost/Steel)

That'll do nicely.

JD
3rd October 2013, 9:58 PM
X Version
Froakie-Greninja
Litleo-Pyroar
Skiddo-Gogoat
Goomy

Y Version
Chespin-Chesnaught
Tyrunt-Tyrantrum
Squirtle-Mega Blastoise

LePetitBiscuit21
3rd October 2013, 10:12 PM
For X and Y, I'm trying to build a good team with as many type combinations as possible. I want it to be balanced and have effectiveness in any situation I may come across. I'm sticking with:

Chespin - Quilladin - Chesnaught (Grass/Fighting)
Fletchling - Fletchinder - Talonflame (Fire/Flying)
Dedenne (Electric/Fairy)
Inkay - Malamar (Dark/Psychic)
Amaura - Aurorus (Rock/Ice)
Goomy (Dragon)

???
3rd October 2013, 10:25 PM
So far here is what I'm planning for my Kalos team:

Greninja (Dark/Water)
Charizard (Fire/Flying)
M-Lucario (Fighting/Steel)
Tyrantrum (Dragon/Rock)
Jolteon/(Ampharos?) (Electric)
Scolipede (if available) (Bug/Poison)

All Pokemon contained herein is subject to change without notice. ??? reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to the use of pokemon on his team at any time. Such team changes, moveset modifications, additions, box storages, or releases shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof to affected team member, which may be given by any means including, but not limited to, posting new perspective teams on the site.

AquilaTempestas
4th October 2013, 1:38 AM
I really like the fire type Pokemon for this generation, so I have a feeling my team is going to be mostly made up of fire types. Not the best for type coverage, but oh well.

Possible team.

Fennekin or Chespin
Charmander
Fletchling
Noivern
Litleo
Vaporean

CovertNinja
4th October 2013, 2:27 AM
Team + Reserves:
Chesnaught
Blastoise
Talonflame
Sylveon
Goomy
Pangoro
Heliolisk
Tyrantrum
...What ever else awaits me in PokeFrance

Nibbles4Ever
4th October 2013, 2:30 AM
This is one of the reasons I'm not going to use the squirtle I'm getting in game, yes itis my favorite starter ever but not only have I used it millions of times but every body is using there kanto starter it seems like >.>

Bradalan
4th October 2013, 3:42 AM
Since they announced Generation 6, I have been wondering about an all starter team.( One from each Generation and two of each fire, grass and water) Does Anybody have an any ideas?

The one I came up with: Charizard, Meganium, Swampert, Torterra, Emboar, and Greninja.

Eeveemaster
4th October 2013, 3:52 AM
Possible in-game team..

If Surskit is available early in this gen, hoping it won't be available post Pokemon League it definitely have a reserved spot in my team..

Skrelp - Ever since its revelation, it has been one of my top favourite this gen. Hopefully it evolves into a more serpentine looking filled with leafy gossamer..

Froakie - If it follows the ninja-esque concept up until its final evolution then its going to be my starter..

Meowstic - I want the male one! It looks so mischievous. Its appearance easily won me over.

Still considering Vivillon ever since RBY days I've always used the early bug Pokemon on my first play through..

RBY - Butterfree
GSC - Ledian
RSE - Beautifly
DPPT - Mothim
BW - Leavanny
Revision... revision...

Planned team..

Surskit- Yeah! Now that it is confirmed available early in the game, I am going to have it as my starter. I'm not choosing any of the starters. First time I'll ditch the starters.

Espurr- Solid choice! Love its appearance especially Meowstic!

Skrelp- Still pending hopefully I'll end up liking its evolution. But still one of my favourite six gen Pokemon!

Flabebe- I didn't care for it before but Floette got me! Reminds me so much of Kirlia.. As some people said I am up for another Gardevoir-esque Pokemon..

Goomy- Love its unidentified design.. Hoping for Dragon/Bug hopefully its evolution wouldn't disappoint..

Arcamenel
4th October 2013, 3:58 AM
My team right now is

Froakie - I was really unsure about this guy in the beginning but gradually it grew on me and it's first stage evolution completely sold me.

Flabebe/Swirlix - I know I want a fairy type on my team and these two are just the cutest so haven't quite decided on who I want yet.

Dedenne - As a rule I usually hate the pikaclones but this guy reminds me of Raichu who I love so definitely putting it on my team

Charmander - I tried to resist but the possibility of having a mega charizard on my team is just too good to pass up.

Meowstic(F) - Adorable psychic cat, of course it's going to be on my team :D

That's all I'm really set on right now.

So decided to amend this

Froakie -> Frogadier -> Greninja

Flabebe -> Floette -> ????

Helioptile -> Heliolisk

Charmander - > Charmeleon -> Charizard

Espur(F) -> Meowstic(F)

Goomy -> Sliggoo -> ????

BurningWhiteKyurem
4th October 2013, 4:45 AM
Delphox is completely eliminated from my in-game concept. I dislike the way it looks and it could've been done better. It's the first fire starter that I've ever disliked.

That being said, I'm conflicted between making Chespin my first grass starter, or Froakie with it's awesome ninja design. If I could, I'd definitely fit both of them in.

Master of Fire
4th October 2013, 4:59 AM
Fire team duh

Fennkien
Charmender
Lileo
talonflame
torchic

Mr.Munchlax
4th October 2013, 5:29 AM
Aside from Chesnaught, I have no idea.

While all of the new leaks are awesome, they're starting to get overwhelming & I need time for all this to sink in to pick my team.

But if I had to pick, right now I'm looking at Helioptile, Litleo, Female Meowstic, Frogadier (NOT Greninja), Clauncher, Goomy, Tyrunt, & Aurorus