PDA

View Full Version : Discussion of Serebii.net X & Y Discovery Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Serebii
9th October 2013, 11:26 AM
This thread is for discussion of the Serebii.net Discoveries within Pokémon X & Y found here;
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?617694-Serebii-net-Pokémon-X-Y-Discovery-Thread

Discuss and enjoy

Ver-mont
10th October 2013, 1:34 PM
So it begins!

Serebii, your screenshots look so beautiful. Even more so after days of blurry photos.

(I loved the Elite Four rooms)

Munchy
10th October 2013, 1:35 PM
Yes, the clear screenshots are a blessing! Finally we can make out some distinct qualities of the Pokémon.

MasterofArcanine
10th October 2013, 1:37 PM
Serebii.

THank you for posting those pictures. So looks like all the leaked pokemon have been 100% confirmed now. That's good. I really liked most of those Pokemon. Guess that also means most of what the leakers said is true I guess too.

Rakurai
10th October 2013, 1:37 PM
Just thinking about Inverse Battles is making my head hurt. I guess Pokemon that are immune to a type probably stay immune, though.

Also, Kecleon's new ability sounds infinitely more useful then Color Change, largely because you're the one who controls it, not your opponent. Would probably still take a Mega Evolution to make the thing viable, though.

Munchy
10th October 2013, 1:39 PM
So Serebii has updated the New Pokémon page: http://www.serebii.net/xy/pokemon.shtml

...and apparently the different forms of Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist are just size differences. Not all of them are discovered yet, though, but that's what it looks like.

Citizen Insane
10th October 2013, 1:39 PM
Loving Kecleon's new ability, this will make it less predictable and easy to beat.

SebastiaanZ
10th October 2013, 1:45 PM
Bit disappointing this generation apparently only has 69 Pokemon. Or did I read wrong and are more to be discovered?

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 1:45 PM
It's been well worth the wait to see pictures taken with a capture device and not a crappy cellphone.

Bit disappointing this generation apparently only has 69 Pokemon. Or did I read wrong and are more to be discovered?

Keep in mind all the new Mega Pokemon as well.

SebastiaanZ
10th October 2013, 1:47 PM
Keep in mind all the new Mega Pokemon as well.

Yeah I know that ... but still ... I find it disappointing that only 69 new Pokemon are added apparently. I usually start new games to get bunch of new Pokemon, 69 Pokemon rather limits this. I had hoped for at least 100+. But hey, I suppose you can't have all.

Rakurai
10th October 2013, 1:50 PM
Weakness Policy.

It sharply increases the Pokemon's attack stats when they're hit by a SE attack...

This thing sounds practically broken in the right hands.

MasterofArcanine
Serebii just posted about some new items. Very Interested. Looks like the Ability Capsale doesn't bring out Hidden Abilities just if htat pokemon has two normal abilities..Where are you hidden ability Pokemon!?

Lucario At Service
So, Mega Gyarados is confirmed Water/Dark type. Now my question is, what is the name of its Mega Stone. Does it have a X or Y at its end.

Also, Serebii missed posting Mega Gengar's image and instead posted another shot of Mega Gyarados.

Rakurai
10th October 2013, 1:51 PM
A NPC noted that Pokemon in Horde battles might have different abilities from usual.

I'd presume that's how you get hidden abilities this time around, at least for the catchable Pokemon.

SebastiaanZ
10th October 2013, 1:51 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the addition of Mega Pokemon ... I really do ... 69 new Pokemon is just underwhelming.

Anyway Mega Gyarados seems awesome ... love to see what Mega Gengar looks like.

Lucario At Service
10th October 2013, 1:53 PM
So we get a hold item version of Go-Goggles in the form of Safety Goggles.

diakyu
10th October 2013, 1:56 PM
IT"S HAPPENING!

Heliolisk looks awesome with its frills up.

SebastiaanZ
10th October 2013, 1:57 PM
Also the fact that Exp. Share now affects all Pokemon instead of just one, is a very good progression. I remember how I hated to have to switch it every single time to another Pokemon and not be able to train more at the same time.

Love Chesnaught by the way, going to be my starter just for the heck of the final evolution.

Schade
10th October 2013, 1:57 PM
I love them all! Now I can finally start planning my team. It will be a lot of ghost-Types. lol

Beloberto
10th October 2013, 2:01 PM
Thanks to that Ability Capsule we can tell Serebii knows the full Ability list for sure. Sad to see Flabébé/Floette/Florges only got Flower Veil.

MasterofArcanine
10th October 2013, 2:01 PM
Sweet Friend Sarafi sounds Awesome! EAch code is a different type and multiple pokemon of that type appear when you use it. Also they have their hidden abilities. Come on Saturday Come on Saturday

Wulava
10th October 2013, 2:09 PM
Friend Safari sounds so fun. Good thing I have 70+ friend codes registered. XD

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 2:13 PM
Friend Safari definitely sounds like the Safari Zone done right. No more worries of a Pokemon running away on you.

MastersOfMonsters
10th October 2013, 2:14 PM
I won't look too closely on most of this info, but I would love if you could say just what is up with MegaGengar's hands(?). ^^ They sorta looks like they are moving like flames, or smoke, in most Pictures I've seen.

Nacreous
10th October 2013, 2:16 PM
I wanna see the base stats of all the new pokes:[

ebevan91
10th October 2013, 2:17 PM
I need to stop reading all of this lol, I won't be able to get the games for a few months and I'll be spoiled to death. Oh well.

Rakurai
10th October 2013, 2:19 PM
I wanna see the base stats of all the new pokes:[

I doubt that's going be happening for a while, considering that we have to manually calculate them this time around.

At least as long the game remains unhacked...

diakyu
10th October 2013, 2:24 PM
I doubt that's going be happening for a while, considering that we have to manually calculate them this time around.
I think we'll get them pretty quickly. Some people were already calculating them from the off-screen leaks we got earlier.

Rakurai
10th October 2013, 2:43 PM
Well, I was totally expecting the Pokeradar the moment I saw a streamer talk to that guy it's received from early in the game almost a week ago.

Hope this means shiny chaining is back.

MasterofArcanine
10th October 2013, 2:45 PM
YES! POKERadar is back. Hope its easier to use this time. I had a hard time with it in DPPt

SilverSaint
10th October 2013, 2:51 PM
Before you beat the Elite Four there's a store that sells evolution stones that also sells the Mega stones for the Kanto starters. If Serebii knows the store I'm talking about then he should go back there and see if they're selling any new Mega Stones now.

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 2:52 PM
Well, I was totally expecting the Pokeradar the moment I saw a streamer talk to that guy it's received from early in the game almost a week ago.

Hope this means shiny chaining is back.

Considering chaining was one of the main purposes of the Poke Radar and GameFreak seems to love making Shiniy Pokemon easier to obtain, I don't see why not.

diakyu
10th October 2013, 2:54 PM
Inverse battles seem interesting.

And the Pumpkin pokemon has four sizes? Geez

Missingno. Master
10th October 2013, 3:18 PM
So, wait- the Mewtwo battle music is a remix of the R/B/Y wild battle music?

I NEED TO HEAR THIS. NOW.

Dylz
10th October 2013, 3:23 PM
Just bought pokémon Y! Released two days earlier in the Netherlands. The gameshop called me about it! Time to choose fennekin.

MasterofArcanine
10th October 2013, 3:30 PM
Now according to Serebii we have the VS Seeker too. They are putting all the good features back into these games. Now if only they would put dive, Secret Bases, and Hidden Grottos in somehow I would be one happy Pokemon Trainer.

Hejiru
10th October 2013, 3:31 PM
n Lumiose City, there's a Stone Emporium. In it, a guy is selling Mega Stones such as Venusaurite, Charizardite and Blastoisenite

Can you buy both the X and Y Charizardite, or just the one that's in your version?

tcrfelton
10th October 2013, 3:38 PM
Can you buy both the X and Y Charizardite, or just the one that's in your version?

This, a million times, this! This is the only thing at all that matters to me. Everything else leaked is just gravy. The Kanto starter is the hardest choice, because if I can't get the Charizardite X from the shop I can't start with my favorite starter ever, Squirtle. Sorry MegaBlastiose, but if I can only have one of you MegaCharizard X wins, bro.

GatedSunOne
10th October 2013, 3:41 PM
YES! POKERadar is back. Hope its easier to use this time. I had a hard time with it in DPPt

Sinnoh's PokeRadar was based on chance, really--they do say the higher the chain, the more likely the same pokemon will appear; but that "chance" is NEVER 100% and you can drop a chain even at chain 39. Take it from someone who...considers himself a veteran at using that thing (that, or someone whose way too determined to continue after failure).

Despite that, I have almost two boxes worth of shinies thanks to that little gadget. I wasn't expecting them to ever bring the Radar back, but even if it stays the same as Sinnoh's I'm glad we have it in any form.

Steelia
10th October 2013, 3:50 PM
So, Serebii, you actually gaining Exp. this time?
:)

I like the sound of Ability Capsule. Quite an item.

Dylz
Just caught myself a panpour in Santalune Forest ;3

Endolise

This, a million times, this! This is the only thing at all that matters to me. Everything else leaked is just gravy. The Kanto starter is the hardest choice, because if I can't get the Charizardite X from the shop I can't start with my favorite starter ever, Squirtle. Sorry MegaBlastiose, but if I can only have one of you MegaCharizard X wins, bro.

I would think that the answer would be "no" since letting you buy the opposite version's Mega Stone would defeat the point of them being

you know,

version exclusives.

IcePhoenix
10th October 2013, 3:51 PM
Serebii, can you please tell us if you are able to get the Venusarite, Charizardnite X/Y and Blastosite in one game? since i've been reading that you can only buy the one that belongs to the starter who's stronger against the one you chose...also, is it true that IVs maximizes on wifi battles?...please, answer me :)

Princess Sapphire
10th October 2013, 3:57 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love the addition of Mega Pokemon ... I really do ... 69 new Pokemon is just underwhelming.

I'm with you. The Mega Evolutions are neat and all, but they're nothing but powered-up versions of old Pokémon. So in my opinion, they don't even count.

However, I, being one who likes spoilers, have been keeping up with the leakers and there are still some Pokémon that have been mentioned, but not seen. So I still have hope that there'll be some proper evolution connections that have yet to be revealed

There has never been a generation with less than a hundred new Pokémon revealed, and I still hope that this generation will conform to that

I also can't wait for a list of all old Pokémon that have been re-typed with Fairy

Yamikarasu
10th October 2013, 3:57 PM
I guess I don't mind the 69 Pokemon thing too much, but I was also hoping for a lot of new ones. It's getting to the point where it's impossible for me to memorize every little detail about every Pokemon (or at least I don't have the energy to do so like I did with <386), so it's kind of cool that Pokemon is now more like how the Pokemon world is when you hear it talked about in games or the anime. It's getting huge and I can't wait for it to get bigger! When you don't have time to memorize them all, more things will start seeming new and interesting for players!

I'm also loving the Exp. Share buff. I love being able to switch around my team like I'm able to do in the post game, but usually when I'm going through the gyms I stick to a single team of 6 because it's too much work to train any more.

@Serebii: I can't wait to see the full region dex, and the locations of Pokemon once you're able to post them! Not having so many new Pokemon won't be missed if there's a great selection of the older gens. Do you think you'll have started putting that up before the release on Saturday?

MechaBulba
10th October 2013, 3:59 PM
Before you beat the Elite Four there's a store that sells evolution stones that also sells the Mega stones for the Kanto starters. If Serebii knows the store I'm talking about then he should go back there and see if they're selling any new Mega Stones now.

Excellent news! So I can trade away my Charizard X or the Y version that I actually want yet still gain access to CX if I so desire at a later stage. Phew.

moa
10th October 2013, 4:05 PM
there was a rumor of 5 meteorites in the museum for deoxys, not 4 but 5, any true about this?

landshaymin
10th October 2013, 4:11 PM
Everything that was leaked before doesn't matter anymore for me.
The new Pokémon count, or which Pokémon get Mega Evolutions.

Why?

RIBBONS ARE BACK. :D
At least it seems so.

But jokes aside I'm a bit confused how you are going to catch the three birds.
Serebii said the he couldn't even choose an attack. (Or did I get this wrong?)

Missingno. Master
10th October 2013, 4:13 PM
But jokes aside I'm a bit confused how you are going to catch the three birds.
Serebii said the he couldn't even choose an attack. (Or did I get this wrong?)

Maybe you need to have something with Shadow Tag in front, unless they flee before you even send out a Pokémon.

Wulava
10th October 2013, 4:15 PM
Maybe you need to have something with Shadow Tag in front, unless they flee before you even send out a Pokémon.

The birds fled even before the battle menu loaded...

Missingno. Master
10th October 2013, 4:17 PM
The birds fled even before the battle menu loaded...

But did they flee before a Pokémon was sent out? What I'm saying is, would it go like...

Zapdos appeared!
Go! Chesnaught!
The wild Zapdos fled!

Or would it go like...

Zapdos appeared!
The wild Zapdos fled!

tcrfelton
10th October 2013, 4:28 PM
I would think that the answer would be "no" since letting you buy the opposite version's Mega Stone would defeat the point of them being

you know,

version exclusives.

I am getting X...I wanted to know that if I start with Squirtle would I be able to get Charizardite X for my Charizard that is IV and EV trained and bred to take advantage of the X form and new typing when I transfer him over.

Dylz
10th October 2013, 4:28 PM
Just beat the first gym, no sign of kanto starters yet.

IcyKerpymon
10th October 2013, 4:33 PM
if Mega-Evolution is such a secret and it's known to be connected to the -ite stones, why are people handing them out just like that?

MastersOfMonsters
10th October 2013, 4:34 PM
if Mega-Evolution is such a secret and it's known to be connected to the -ite stones, why are people handing them out just like that?

Well, people in Pokémon are usually veeery kind like that, lol. ^^ They give you awesome items for free all the time.

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 4:35 PM

Go to Lumiose City and talk to Sycamore.

Ver-mont
10th October 2013, 4:37 PM

Lumiose. When you get there and meet Sycamore.

Edit: ninja'd

Endolise
10th October 2013, 4:40 PM
I am getting X...I wanted to know that if I start with Squirtle would I be able to get Charizardite X for my Charizard that is IV and EV trained and bred to take advantage of the X form and new typing when I transfer him over.

I would think that, assuming you can access the Mega Stones for the other Kanto starters, that you could get a Charizardite X in X. I do not think that you would be able to obtain a Charizardite Y in X, however.

Dylz
10th October 2013, 4:41 PM
Go to Lumiose City and talk to Sycamore.

Thank you :3 Charmander here I come!

Pamizard
10th October 2013, 4:48 PM
Hmm so the birds run away before the battle even starts? Oh boy :( I'm not looking forward to that.

I hope Joe tries super training soon so he can tell us which training game powers up which stats

starterlover1
10th October 2013, 4:49 PM
So the Mega Stones tend to be in areas related to the pokemon? I'm betting Garchompite won't be too far from an NPC that mentions Cynthia, if that exists. Finding these stones will be fun.

Dylz
10th October 2013, 4:51 PM
Soft resetting for the kalos and kanto starters is really time consuming. Really takes long.

Endolise
10th October 2013, 4:53 PM
Soft resetting for the kalos and kanto starters is really time consuming. Really takes long.

Oh joy.

Black and White was bad enough in that regard...

Foxeaf
10th October 2013, 5:00 PM
Speaking of soft resetting, at which point can I soft reset for my Kalos Starter? Is there a pause after the dialogue where you can save the game?

Also we need to start up a trading thread, if that isn't already on the forums somewhere...

Why is Togepi confirmed Fairy yet no one knows where to get one? :c

Serebii plays this game fast. I hope he's resting at the moment because a 40 hour play through sounds exhausting.

haleytheguy
10th October 2013, 5:08 PM
Serebii, can you please tell us if you are able to get the Venusarite, Charizardnite X/Y and Blastosite in one game? since i've been reading that you can only buy the one that belongs to the starter who's stronger against the one you chose...also, is it true that IVs maximizes on wifi battles?...please, answer me :)
I would like to know this as well. this is the one thing I want to know most, will ivs be maximized during wireless matches? or can you maximize them somehow within the game?

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 5:13 PM
Speaking of soft resetting, at which point can I soft reset for my Kalos Starter? Is there a pause after the dialogue where you can save the game?

Also we need to start up a trading thread, if that isn't already on the forums somewhere...

Why is Togepi confirmed Fairy yet no one knows where to get one? :c

Serebii plays this game fast. I hope he's resting at the moment because a 40 hour play through sounds exhausting.
1-I have no idea.

2-Togepi is given as a gift post-E4. It is not a part of Kalos Dex.

Also IVs haven't been confirmed to be alterable in any form, Wi-Fi or otherwise.

Devoninja
10th October 2013, 5:13 PM
I'd like to know if Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are the only new legendaries. That would be an unprecedented low number of legendaries in one game. Also where is the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin/Victini analog? Are these things that are yet to be discovered?

Endolise
10th October 2013, 5:16 PM
I'd like to know if Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are the only new legendaries.

They are indeed the only ones.

Also where is the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin/Victini analog?

We will most likely not know about it until it is officially revealed, or until somebody manages to hack a 3DS. The only reason why we knew about the event Legendary Pokémon in previous Gens was because the games could be hacked. That is not the case here.

arronishere
10th October 2013, 5:19 PM
I'd like to know if Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are the only new legendaries. That would be an unprecedented low number of legendaries in one game. Also where is the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/Shaymin/Victini analog? Are these things that are yet to be discovered?

Looks like there are only 3 new in-game legenadaries and the event ones haven't been leaked yet but a few of the older legs are in like Mewtwo, Moltres etc

Crimson_Blazer
10th October 2013, 5:19 PM
Well now that pokeradar is confirmed, that explains why in a developer interview they said the would make shiny pokemon easier to obtain. I was hoping for shiny charm, I think the radar is too easy. Unless they changed the mechanics of it. Doubtful

R_N
10th October 2013, 5:20 PM
Well now that pokeradar is confirmed, that explains why in a developer interview they said the would make shiny pokemon easier to obtain. I was hoping for shiny charm, I think the radar is too easy. Unless they changed the mechanics of it. Doubtful

I bet the Shiny charm is still
Just...currently impossible to get

Chibi_Muffin
10th October 2013, 5:21 PM
Am I the only one who gets sent to the Kalos dex when trying to open the spoiler? :/

Anyway, it's nice to see some cleaner pictures and get some clarification about some of the post game stuff. Nice to see the Pokeradar's back! :D I'll be looking forward to getting locations (are Audino everywhere again?) and some move data for the new Pokemon.

But for now... I think it's a good idea for him to get some sleep. :P

iamsullivan
10th October 2013, 5:21 PM
Any word on mewtwo x stats ?, is he gonna be physical or special Att ?; also are TMs still unlimited use ?

arronishere
10th October 2013, 5:22 PM
Am I the only one who gets sent to the Kalos dex when trying to open the spoiler? :/

Anyway, it's nice to see some cleaner pictures and get some clarification about some of the post game stuff. Nice to see the Pokeradar's back! :D I'll be looking forward to getting locations (are Audino everywhere again?) and some move data for the new Pokemon.

Apparently it's not they meant the VS recorder.

MasterofArcanine
10th October 2013, 5:23 PM

Nope me too on the spoiler part and the locations part. I pm Serebii himself to see what's going on the spoiler thing. No word let.

R_N
10th October 2013, 5:23 PM
Apparently it's not they meant the VS recorder.

Pokeradar & VS Recorder are both in

The Recorder was mixed up with VS Seeker

arronishere
10th October 2013, 5:30 PM
Accordign the exclusives list Y are getting the Tyranitar line but X hasn't got pseudo legendary, it could just be they haven't realised what ones X are getting tho.

tubbi07
10th October 2013, 5:36 PM
So did Joe find out if trade is essential to evolve Swirlix and Spritzee?

R_N
10th October 2013, 5:36 PM
Accordign the exclusives list Y are getting the Tyranitar line but X hasn't got pseudo legendary, it could just be they haven't realised what ones X are getting tho.

I'm guessing that while Y gets Tyranitar X gets....Aggron.

arronishere
10th October 2013, 5:38 PM
I'm guessing that while Y gets Tyranitar X gets....Aggron.

That's balanced?

Underachiever007
10th October 2013, 5:40 PM
That's balanced?

No, but no one ever said it would be.

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 5:52 PM
So did Joe find out if trade is essential to evolve Swirlix and Spritzee?
Someone tried to level them up but it didn't work. Trade seems to be the only option.

Also, the linking of the version exclusive page on the main page is wrong.

Grey Wind
10th October 2013, 5:57 PM
I'm so happy that the Poke Radar is back. Never got around to chaining for shinies during DP so I'll definitely start that once I get my hands on the games.

crobatman
10th October 2013, 5:57 PM
Did he find out how to get different forms of Gourgiest or Vivillon?

Edit: also, Friend Safari sounds cool. Someone add me! :)

Sceprile
10th October 2013, 5:58 PM
I'm dying to know Pokemon locations and base stats.

Grey Wind
10th October 2013, 5:59 PM
Did he find out how to get different forms of Gourgiest or Vivillon?
Vivillon is seemingly region based.

I imagine that Gourgeist's forms are just random. It's just a nod to those largest pumpkin competitions.

Pamizard
10th October 2013, 6:05 PM
Yay Poke radar is back. I missed that thing!

I hope my chain record is better this time. It usually breaks after 5. I can never go passed that

crobatman
10th October 2013, 6:06 PM
Vivillon is seemingly region based.

I imagine that Gourgeist's forms are just random. It's just a nod to those largest pumpkin competitions.

Is it based on your location or where vivillon is evolved at in the game?

Ver-mont
10th October 2013, 6:08 PM

Based on your location.

Grey Wind
10th October 2013, 6:08 PM
Region. As in, where you live.

DarkKami
10th October 2013, 6:10 PM
It looks like Vivillon might vary between states? I guess someone in Ohio got a different one than someone in a different state... (??) 0.0

I'll check back when I get my game tomorrow night! ^_^

Crimson_Blazer
10th October 2013, 6:14 PM
Shiny charm + chain of 40=????

Ookamikun
10th October 2013, 6:14 PM
How does Protean mechanics work - does it change user type before using a move, or after?

Pamizard
10th October 2013, 6:16 PM
How does Protean mechanics work - does it change user type before using a move, or after?

I think it might be after the move is used

Endolise
10th October 2013, 6:18 PM
Though I'm fairly certain it leaked beforehand, for those who don't know, weather abilities such as Drought, Drizzle etc. now only last 5 turns.

So it was true...

MechaBulba
10th October 2013, 6:21 PM
Someone tried to level them up but it didn't work. Trade seems to be the only option.

Also, the linking of the version exclusive page on the main page is wrong.

I would hate it if they was Trade evolutions only as I can't stand Trade Evolutions! I can never get the Pokemon because none of my friends have the games. Guess I'll need to think up a new Fairy for my ingame team then....

Also weather abilities only last for 5 turns.... interesting.

Munchy
10th October 2013, 6:25 PM
I would hate it if they was Trade evolutions only as I can't stand Trade Evolutions! I can never get the Pokemon because none of my friends have the games. Guess I'll need to think up a new Fairy for my ingame team then....
Try and find someone random to trade with, for example from these forums! Trading used to be a pain for me too, because I hardly knew anyone to trade with, but with todays technology and being able to trade worldwide, it's just so much easier. I would be happy to help you with it if you want to (and whenever it's possible to trade).

king_wallace
10th October 2013, 6:26 PM
Can anyone confirm if you can use Mega Mewtwo/Charizard X/Y in the opposite version, assuming you trade the appropriate mega stone over? News sources seem to indicate you can, but what Serebii has listed seems to contradict that.

Grey Wind
10th October 2013, 6:27 PM
Can anyone confirm if you can use Mega Mewtwo/Charizard X/Y in the opposite version, assuming you trade the appropriate mega stone over? News sources seem to indicate you can, but what Serebii has listed seems to contradict that.
It's the stones themselves that are exclusive, not the forms. I think what Serebii was talking about was buying the stones.

G4Pokefan
10th October 2013, 6:27 PM
Finally! Haven't seen the new Pokemon yet but damn 69? Seriously?! I was hoping that the Mega Evos wouldn't count, because they are temporary but guess I was wrong. Not even 100? Wow bit disappointed.

malcolm_n
10th October 2013, 6:30 PM

The exclusivity is only in obtaining them initially. If somebody is inclined to trade their -niteX to you on Y, you can then mega-evolve the pokemon.

I don't see why Mega-evos wouldn't count. They are their own pokemon, just not available when outside of battle. From what I can see of the Anime, they'll be as real as anything else in the lore of the games/show.

Just because they aren't normally seen during the gameplay doesn't make them lesser pokemon.

Missingno. Master
10th October 2013, 6:30 PM
Finally! Haven't seen the new Pokemon yet but damn 69? Seriously?! I was hoping that the Mega Evos wouldn't count, because they are temporary but guess I was wrong. Not even 100? Wow bit disappointed.

Quality over quantity. We got some decent ones this time around.

Phoenix6000
10th October 2013, 6:31 PM
For 200 BP, I really hope that Ability Capsule isn't a one-time use item.

Pamizard
10th October 2013, 6:32 PM
I hope you can buy more than on Charizardnite Y. I am willing to trade one over to anyone who has X for a Charizardnite X spare. I really want to have both stones to evolve :) because IM planning to have two Charizards, one special based and one physical based, to have both mega charizards

Since Joe has X I hope he can confirm he can buy more than one CHarizardnite X

MechaBulba
10th October 2013, 6:32 PM
Try and find someone random to trade with, for example from these forums! Trading used to be a pain for me too, because I hardly knew anyone to trade with, but with todays technology and being able to trade worldwide, it's just so much easier. I would be happy to help you with it if you want to (and whenever it's possible to trade).

Cool cheers, this will be the first Pokemon game I can actually play online! Cannot wait.

Love the battle mansion, all I do post dex is challenge the various towers/trains/battle simulators trying out squads and teams. But what are the four standard battle types? Single, Double + Tag? and Triple/Rotation? Hoping Triple battles return, they where heavily underused.

For 200 BP, I really hope that Ability Capsule isn't a one-time use item.
I would imagine its a hold item. Therefore it won't be as powerful a tool as it limits you to not being able to benefit from another held items. Plus it could throw in some cool strategies, Switchrooing it with others.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
10th October 2013, 6:34 PM
I would love to see Chesnaught stats

Grey Wind
10th October 2013, 6:40 PM
I would love to see Chesnaught stats
Roughly 90/100/120/80/70/70

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
10th October 2013, 6:42 PM
Roughly 90/100/120/80/70/70

If this how it is then I picking a Relaxed Chespin

Last Entei
10th October 2013, 6:43 PM
Roughly 90/100/120/80/70/70 He's not that good Imo,i'm going with Greninja cause he's just the collest out of them all

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
10th October 2013, 6:47 PM
He's not that good Imo,i'm going with Greninja cause he's just the collest out of them all
I don't care if he strong or not. I going get him because I like him. Then I trying make him the best Chesnaught out there.

Endolise
10th October 2013, 6:48 PM

Well, consider a few points:

1. Making fewer Pokémon means that they can put even more effort and detail into the ones that are being made. Just look at all of the new, fleshed-out gimmicks that we've gotten with these new Pokémon - Furfrou's grooming, Flabébé's flowers, Vivillon's wings, Gourgeist's size, Aegislash's alternating formes, etc. This is where one might say, "quality over quantity."

2. They have to create and animate individual 3D models and Shiny 3D models for every single Pokémon variant. Not just the 718 Pokémon that we know of, but every form and gender difference as well. And that's without factoring in menu sprites and other such elements. That probably yields a Pokémon count that is well into the 700s, if not the 800s. Cutting back on the number of new Pokémon makes things much more manageable for them.

3. Gen V introduced more Pokémon than any other generation did, so in a way, it balances out.

4. The games are loaded with tons of older Pokémon to use, which brings up a point - just exactly how many more Pokémon do we really need? With this generation's type retcons, even the Fairy-type has a reasonably diverse pool of Pokémon to choose from, and that is still nothing compared to the other seventeen types that have now had five-to-six whole generations to grow. And what about stat spreads and movepools? For how long can they continue to stretch the mechanical fabric of the games before things begin to become either redundant or overpowered?

5. Is having only 69 new Pokémon really as big of an issue as some people are making it out to be? Hypothetically, would you have used each and every new Pokémon that they introduced? It is unlikely. Having 69 new Pokémon cuts down on a lot of "filler." And again, that is without considering the five generations-worth of Pokémon that are still avaiable for use.

King Shuckle
10th October 2013, 6:49 PM
Wait, Joe just leaked the entire Dex, and lists Bellossom as pure grass. Is that confirmed or just preliminary since he hasn't evolved a Gloom yet for confirmation?

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 6:51 PM
Wait, Joe just leaked the entire Dex, and lists Bellossom as pure grass. Is that confirmed or just preliminary since he hasn't evolved a Gloom yet for confirmation?

It is most likely preliminary.

Munchy
10th October 2013, 6:52 PM
I'd say preliminary. I'm waiting for him to update the Fairy-type page with a full list of retyped Pokémon.

Lemon_Pledge
10th October 2013, 6:55 PM
Weather abilities have been nerfed. Charizard Y is worthless.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
10th October 2013, 6:57 PM
Well, consider a few points:

1. Making fewer Pokémon means that they can put even more effort and detail into the ones that are being made. Just look at all of the new, fleshed-out gimmicks that we've gotten with these new Pokémon - Furfrou's grooming, Flabébé's flowers, Vivillon's wings, Gourgeist's size, Aegislash's alternating formes, etc. This is where one might say, "quality over quantity."

2. They have to create and animate individual 3D models and Shiny 3D models for every single Pokémon variant. Not just the 718 Pokémon that we know of, but every form and gender difference as well. And that's without factoring in menu sprites and other such elements. That probably yields a Pokémon count that is well into the 700s, if not the 800s. Cutting back on the number of new Pokémon makes things much more manageable for them.

3. Gen V introduced more Pokémon than any other generation did, so in a way, it balances out.

4. The games are loaded with tons of older Pokémon to use, which brings up a point - just exactly how many more Pokémon do we really need? With this generation's type retcons, even the Fairy-type has a reasonably diverse pool of Pokémon to choose from, and that is still nothing compared to the other seventeen types that have now had five-to-six whole generations to grow. And what about stat spreads and movepools? For how long can they continue to stretch the mechanical fabric of the games before things begin to become either redundant or overpowered?

5. Is having only 69 new Pokémon really as big of an issue as some people are making it out to be? Hypothetically, would you have used each and every new Pokémon that they introduced? It is unlikely. Having 69 new Pokémon cuts down on a lot of "filler." And again, that is without considering the five generations-worth of Pokémon that are still avaiable for use.
I believe they didn't make so many this time around. Because, they have to make every Pokemon in a 3d model. So they might just said this " Since this our first game in a 3d on a handheld system. Lets just make a few pokemon this time around and work really hard with the 3d models.

DarkKami
10th October 2013, 7:00 PM
Hopefully we'll see more Pokemon with Pokemon Z, "IF" they decide to expand the Dex.

Nacreous
10th October 2013, 7:01 PM
Weather abilities have been nerfed. Charizard Y is worthless.

Thank god!Cuz they were getting out of hand.Tough,they're still better than Rain Dance or Sunny Day because you don't waste a turn.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
10th October 2013, 7:04 PM
Thank god!Cuz they were getting out of hand.Tough,they're still better than Rain Dance or Sunny Day because you don't waste a turn.

True, Also ti might be a way to balance it with other pokemon

Nacreous
10th October 2013, 7:08 PM
I hope they also downplay Stealth Rock a little bit.The 50% damage is waaay too much.And it's a very discriminatory move.I mean,some pokemon that already struggle on the defensive side,are ****ed up by this one little move.It's not fair.If they keep Stealth Rock like this,then they should make a move that does damage to Steel and Ground types too cuz those seem like they're priviledged.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
10th October 2013, 7:09 PM
Hopefully we'll see more Pokemon with Pokemon Z, "IF" they decide to expand the Dex.

I really don't think they going add more Pokemon to Gen 6 "if they remake the game". THey might make more pokemon in Gen 7 come out. Gen 6 might just going be the lowest new Pokemon gen.

SilverSaint
10th October 2013, 7:14 PM
It would be great if Serebii checked out who the Multi Battle partners are this time around. Maybe the 4 rivals battle with you this time.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
10th October 2013, 7:16 PM
It would be great if Serebii checked out who the Multi Battle partners are this time around. Maybe the 4 rivals battle with you this time.

That would be cool XD

Vecherom
10th October 2013, 7:25 PM
While I'm rather disappointed by having only 69 new pokemon, most of them seem decent! While I would have loved to see more evolutions to some of the pokemon (Carbink, Dedenne) Most of these guys are based on fairly original ideas. While I was most looking forward to Fennekin's final evolution, Delphox is probably the greatest disappointment to me, I still say Kudos to Nintendo. I just thought we would be getting 2 Eeveelutions. Ah well.
Poison/Dragon and Grass/Ghost types make up for it.

diakyu
10th October 2013, 7:26 PM
I don't see why they need to. They already gave an in-game reason as to why there are so few native Kalos pokemon so they really can't do it without some retconning. Not that third versions are unfamiliar with retconning.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
10th October 2013, 7:27 PM
While I'm rather disappointed by having only 69 new pokemon, most of them seem decent! While I would have loved to see more evolutions to some of the pokemon (Carbink, Dedenne) Most of these guys are based on fairly original ideas. While I was most looking forward to Fennekin's final evolution, Delphox is probably the greatest disappointment to me, I still say Kudos to Nintendo. I just thought we would be getting 2 Eeveelutions. Ah well.
Poison/Dragon and Grass/Ghost types make up for it.
And have alot and biggest pekon Old and new in the game. XD I really hyper after seeing how many old pokemon was in the game

IcePhoenix
10th October 2013, 7:43 PM
Please Serebii or someone else who owns the game, answer me :)...are the three mega stones for the kanto starters available in one game? I mean, i've been reading that you can only buy the mega stone of the one stronger against yours (for example, if i chose Squirtle and get Blastoisite, i can only buy a Venusarite later but i can't get a Charizardnite)...i need to know this because i want to choose squirtle, but i want a charizardnite too. Also, is it true that the Ivs now maximizes during wifi battles? Hope you answer me :)

DarkKami
10th October 2013, 7:46 PM
Please Serebii or someone else who owns the game, answer me :)...are the three mega stones for the kanto starters available in one game? I mean, i've been reading that you can only buy the mega stone of the one stronger against yours (for example, if i chose Squirtle and get Blastoisite, i can only buy a Venusarite later but i can't get a Charizardnite)...i need to know this because i want to choose squirtle, but i want a charizardnite too. Also, is it true that the Ivs now maximizes during wifi battles? Hope you answer me :)

There is a Mega Stone Shop Post-Game, so yes.

DarkScythe96
10th October 2013, 7:49 PM
Using the Ability Capsule and Trick in combination could theoretically allow you to switch your abilities mid battle! :D
This sounds really interesting to me, I can't wait.

The changes to weather inducing abilities (only lasts 5 turns) just made Drought Ninetails a little less appealing. (I still love ninetales, I'm just saying from a competitive standpoint) It won't effect Abomasnow as much, he's only ever out for a little while anyway. My Tyranitar will be sad though, no more infinite sand storm.
Still sounds like a fun new challenge to face for everyones weather teams. :)

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
10th October 2013, 7:55 PM
Using the Ability Capsule and Trick in combination could theoretically allow you to switch your abilities mid battle! :D
This sounds really interesting to me, I can't wait.

The changes to weather inducing abilities (only lasts 5 turns) just made Drought Ninetails a little less appealing. (I still love ninetales, I'm just saying from a competitive standpoint) It won't effect Abomasnow as much, he's only ever out for a little while anyway. My Tyranitar will be sad though, no more infinite sand storm.
Still sounds like a fun new challenge to face for everyones weather teams. :)

I kinda like it and kinda hate it. It seem more fair to me lol

DarkScythe96
10th October 2013, 8:05 PM
Can anybody think of a pokemon who would benefit by switching abilities mid-battle?
On the flip side, who would suffer from a changed ability?
I know switching toxic orb Gliscor or Brelooms ability would wreck their whole strategy.

(Would this be considered off topic? I don't want to break the rules.)

Bundalings
10th October 2013, 8:12 PM
Anything with Rivalry could benefit by ability switching.

I personally hope its an item that permanently changes the ability. I've got a shiny Lapras with Shell Armor. =/

DarkScythe96
10th October 2013, 8:28 PM
I don't think so...
It sounds like an item that switches a pokemons ability to it's secondary ability, or to it's primary ability if it has it's secondary ability, but only while its equipped. I don't know how it would effect dream world abilities, and pokemon with only one ability. (it may not effect them at all)

[I could be completely wrong and it be a one use item. That just seems to good to be true, so I made the assumption it is likely a hold item. Can anyone confirm whether Ability Capsule is a one-use or hold item?]

I weep for your Lapras troubles. I can feel the annoyance that probably brings.

Crimson_Blazer
10th October 2013, 8:41 PM
Anything with Rivalry could benefit by ability switching.

I personally hope its an item that permanently changes the ability. I've got a shiny Lapras with Shell Armor. =/

I know that feel. Shiny Skarmory with keen eye :|

Tytus
10th October 2013, 8:53 PM
Pure Steel-type Mega Aggron with Filter? Nice buff.

L-Knight
10th October 2013, 8:56 PM
marriland says that aggronite is in y and vice versa

Chuto
10th October 2013, 9:03 PM
Is there some way to rematch trainers/Gym leaders, similar to the VS.seeker?

Bigcatmsq
10th October 2013, 9:15 PM
What would happen if you tried to megaevolve gengar in a sky battle?

Endolise
10th October 2013, 9:18 PM
What would happen if you tried to megaevolve gengar in a sky battle?

Nothing. The battle would proceed as usual.

Bundalings
10th October 2013, 9:21 PM
Nothing. The battle would proceed as usual.

I wonder what it looks like, though, because he looks like he's phasing through the ground normally.

Ver-mont
10th October 2013, 9:22 PM
I wonder if Serebii (or anyone with the game, I'm talking to you, friends!) could give us the Gym Leaders' titles.

I love those little descriptions.

LLR
10th October 2013, 9:23 PM
It looks like Vivillon might vary between states? I guess someone in Ohio got a different one than someone in a different state... (??) 0.0

I'll check back when I get my game tomorrow night! ^_^
I have the theory that the game is using WiFi signal to determine location.

Katharina27
10th October 2013, 9:26 PM
Thank you for starting coverage! What HM's are needed to get through this game? I assume, Surf, Fly, Strength and Cut are in.

Team Volt Grunt
10th October 2013, 9:28 PM
Serebii, thanks for all the new info. I cannot wait for tomorrow night! I'll be picking up my games at midnight!

The idea of an inverse battle sounds pretty cool. For anyone trying to wrap their head around the idea, I made this possible representation of the new matchup. This is in the case that they don't just make everything opposite but do a true inverse of the battle chart (flipped over the diagonal that goes through the line of same-type matchups)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pO-y2ejWHJo/Ulb-k73RCII/AAAAAAAAAfc/cuXE5pyCATQ/s1600/Gen_six_type_chart+with+inverse.png

Looks kinda rough to use a steel type pokemon in one of those battles!

LLR
10th October 2013, 9:33 PM

Has the shiny charm been confirmed?

Bryon
10th October 2013, 9:37 PM
All this new info Joe's been sharing is EPIC!!!!! :D I will say, I am gonna love it more when I get my XY strategy guide!

dreww1988
10th October 2013, 9:57 PM
Thats weird CoroCoro, says that Tyranitarnite is exclusive the X - yet the exclusives on Serebii, say Tyranitar is a Y exclusive

Endolise
10th October 2013, 10:00 PM
Thats weird CoroCoro, says that Tyranitarnite is exclusive the X - yet the exclusives on Serebii, say Tyranitar is a Y exclusive

The Aron line is exclusive to X while the Larvitar line is exclusive to Y.

Tyranitar's Mega Stone is exclusive to X while Aggron's Mega Stone is exclusive to Y.

The exclusivity of the Pokémon and their corresponding Mega Stones is reversed. It is meant to promote trade.

Crimson_Blazer
10th October 2013, 10:04 PM
Has the shiny charm been confirmed?

No one will know until completing the Kalos dexes and/or the national dex. Just like in BW2

foxx
10th October 2013, 10:24 PM
Serebii you should see if you recieve mega stones from beating the maison leaders. Maybe they each use a mega pokemon

Feenan
10th October 2013, 10:25 PM
I just want to know if any legendaries are going to become Fairy type.
It would definitely nerf him but palkia seems like a dragon/fairy type to me.

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 10:26 PM
I just want to know if any legendaries are going to become Fairy type.
It would definitely nerf him but palkia seems like a dragon/fairy type to me.

I'm pretty sure any Pokemon that got a type change is un the Kalos dex.

MasterofArcanine
10th October 2013, 10:28 PM
Hm? The form differences on the Pumpkin Pokemon is interesting. So...the bigger you get the higher the hp or attack. I am totally getting hte biggest one.

Rhynox
10th October 2013, 10:31 PM
Hm? The form differences on the Pumpkin Pokemon is interesting. So...the bigger you get the higher the hp or attack. I am totally getting hte biggest one.

Where'd you learn this?

Nvm is in new formes page. Very interesting indeed

Endolise
10th October 2013, 10:32 PM

Butbutbut Clefairy

IrieFuse
10th October 2013, 10:32 PM
so horde mons can have their hidden abilities. well how are we going to know?:p hopefully it's a high enough chance that we won't have to get extremely lucky to find one.

MasterofArcanine
10th October 2013, 10:34 PM
Where'd you learn this?

Serebii just updated the site with a form change pages. Roll down to Pumpkinboo (I think I got that name right) and it explains.

Razmos
10th October 2013, 10:35 PM
so horde mons can have their hidden abilities. well how are we going to know?:p hopefully it's a high enough chance that we won't have to get extremely lucky to find one.
I noticed it only because Scraggy has the hidden ability Intimidate, which obviously activates at the start of battle. there is no way to tell which one of the pokemon had the ability though, so it's very unreliable.

goldfly2005
10th October 2013, 10:36 PM

Actually, I believe Togepi's been confirmed to now be pure Fairy, and it isn't in the Kalos Pokedex.

malcolm_n
10th October 2013, 10:38 PM
I noticed it only because Scraggy has the hidden ability Intimidate, which obviously activates at the start of battle. there is no way to tell which one of the pokemon had the ability though, so it's very unreliable.

Isn't there an ability/move that lets you see what the target's Ability is? You could just use that when hunting for them.

Also, what is it that prevents these games from being torn apart like previous gens? Just new technology on the 3ds Chip? Ignore the question if it's not relevant.

Grey Wind
10th October 2013, 10:39 PM
The stat differences between Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist's forms are pretty cool. I'm happy that it isn't just aesthetic.

Razmos
10th October 2013, 10:44 PM
Isn't there an ability/move that lets you see what the target's Ability is? You could just use that when hunting for them.
I believe there might be, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called because I've never had a reason to use it until now :P

diakyu
10th October 2013, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty surprised at how rare the mega stones seem to be. A large chunk of the revealed stones haven't even been found yet.

philzone
10th October 2013, 10:46 PM
Um, the thing with the hoards having hidden abilities, has anyone thought there may be a litwick hoard, or a litwick in friend safari. Damn, ST chandy is upon us now!!!

Tytus
10th October 2013, 10:50 PM
The stat differences between Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist's forms are pretty cool. I'm happy that it isn't just aesthetic.

I'm not sure that I quite understand it though... at first I thought the size was determined by the Pokemon's IV's, but it seems that the different sizes actually have different base stats?

malcolm_n
10th October 2013, 10:53 PM
I'm not sure that I quite understand it though... at first I thought the size was determined by the Pokemon's IV's, but it seems that the different sizes actually have different base stats?

That's what it sounds like to me. So the super size Gorgeist will be great if it learns Trick Room (as a jack-o-lantern, I demand that it does) and the smallest one will hopefully be fast enough to matter. I likewise imagine that you'll see the middle two the most?

AshenWolf
10th October 2013, 10:53 PM
about the mega stones, have anyone think about stealing from the wild? i think some of them might be holding certain mega stones.

Edit: no, i dont have the game yet. just 31 more hours...

MasterKinRyu
10th October 2013, 10:55 PM
Is the Ability Capsule a one time use item or a permanent item?

Rhynox
10th October 2013, 10:56 PM
I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to get a poke with both frisk and skill swap. That way you could find out about held items and hidden abilities

Trainer Yusuf
about the mega stones, have anyone think about stealing from the wild? i think some of them might be holding certain mega stones.

It is certainly possible. In fact, it is theorized that Kanto birds might have their Mega Stones. But the percantage is most likely low so it is not worth bothering with.

EveryVillianIsLemons
So is there no new Pseudo-legendary?

IrieFuse
10th October 2013, 10:57 PM
So is there no new Pseudo-legendary?

I believe goodra takes that title.

It is I,
10th October 2013, 10:59 PM

Simple beam and entrainment change the foes ability, but you can see what it's ability was if you are paying attention.

malcolm_n
10th October 2013, 11:03 PM
Simple beam and entrainment change the foes ability, but you can see what it's ability was if you are paying attention.

Also, Skill swap (as noted above). Cool, so it is possible. I also like that idea that there could be mega stones on wild pokemon. Looks like we'll need mega-gengar to catch the legendary birds, since I don't remember seeing Wobbuffet/other shadowtaggers in the dex.

*edit* Nevermind. 118 and 119 of Coastal.

IrieFuse
10th October 2013, 11:06 PM
Also, Skill swap (as noted above). Cool, so it is possible. I also like that idea that there could be mega stones on wild pokemon. Looks like we'll need mega-gengar to catch the legendary birds, since I don't remember seeing Wobbuffet/other shadowtaggers in the dex.

*edit* Nevermind. 118 and 119 of Coastal.

mega gengar wouldn't work either way since the birds flee before you get to make a move.

malcolm_n
10th October 2013, 11:07 PM
mega gengar wouldn't work either way since the birds flee before you get to make a move.

Nevermind, you're right. can't mega evolve in time.

IrieFuse
10th October 2013, 11:09 PM
Nevermind, you're right. can't mega evolve in time.

there's plenty of other options though. I believe trapinch is in the regional dex and it has arena trap so that could work. or like you said, wobuffett.

13_luckynumber
10th October 2013, 11:10 PM

I think Trace would be more effective and easier to check foe's ability

Judas
10th October 2013, 11:11 PM
Do we know if we have to wait two and a half months to transfer Pokemon or is there another way provided like in BW?

13_luckynumber
10th October 2013, 11:12 PM
there's plenty of other options though. I believe trapinch is in the regional dex and it has arena trap so that could work. or like you said, wobuffett.

Arena trap doesnt work on Flying type

Gelatini Jejunator
10th October 2013, 11:12 PM

If I remember rightly, Arena Trap doesn't work on Flying type Pokemon or Levitators.

EDIT: Ninjasked, Shedinja'd, Geninja'd.

IrieFuse
10th October 2013, 11:13 PM
wow I never even realized arena trap didn't work on flying-types. it makes sense though. thanks for pointing that out

Rhynox
10th October 2013, 11:14 PM
I think Trace would be more effective and easier to check foe's ability

Don`t think that`d work with a horde, which is where you find hidden abilities apparently. Well, post game it`d probably work in the safari

Endolise
10th October 2013, 11:15 PM
Do we know if we have to wait two and a half months to transfer Pokemon or is there another way provided like in BW?

The Poké Transporter is the only method of cross-generational transfer for XY, so we will have to wait.

13_luckynumber
Don`t think that`d work with a horde, which is where you find hidden abilities apparently. Well, post game it`d probably work in the safari

Wouldnt Trace ramdomly pick one mon in the horde and copy its ability? Why wouldnt it work?

Rakurai
I really hope we get an update on new attacks soon.

Still waiting to see if they gave the Dark type some new tricks.

IrieFuse
10th October 2013, 11:18 PM
I really hope we get an update on new attacks soon.

Still waiting to see if they gave the Dark type some new tricks.

I want to see new moves too. a lot of moves so far focus on stats it's seems
and also for the record, I always had a feeling geomancy did no damage and people raged and said it did. it turned out to be a 2-turn stat raising move that raises xerneas's special stats and speed.

It is I,
10th October 2013, 11:23 PM
Wouldnt Trace ramdomly pick one mon in the horde and copy its ability? Why wouldnt it work?

If you wanted to know if one of them has a hidden ability then it very well could work. But you would only know that one of them has a hidden ability but not which one. So you wouldn't know which one to spare and catch.

Rio!
10th October 2013, 11:36 PM
If you wanted to know if one of them has a hidden ability then it very well could work. But you would only know that one of them has a hidden ability but not which one. So you wouldn't know which one to spare and catch.

Sounds like a pin. That would make a nice Key Item: Something that can distinguish a hidden ability hoard Pokemon so you know which one to capture.

Whisper24
10th October 2013, 11:50 PM
I just counted all the new Pokémon and there's only 69 not counting Mega's...I don't think I'll use the Mega's, so I was hoping they would add more new Pokémon...I don't really love the final evolutions of the starters, but I'll still get Fennekin.

There's others I don't like from this gen too, such as Binacle and Barbaracle, but there's a lot I do like too. Phantump is sooo cute! Trevenant looks awesome even though after calling it Oorotto for so long it might take a while to get used to it's American name. And Sliggoo is cute too! I like Floette, but not Florges quite as much...Where have I heard the name "Florges" before? I feel like that's the name of an enemy in another game or something...I don't know why, it just sounds familiar. Maybe the Flores from Emily the Strange? They weren't enemies though. Espurr is cute! And Meowtic too! Although it's name (Meowstic) doesn't quite sound right to me. I like Dragalge too; It looks pretty cool. Makes me glad I pre-ordered Y and didn't pre-order X because Clawitzer isn't as good (aesthetically) in my opinion. I do like how it's claw looks like a whole new Pokémon though. Oh and Amaura is so cute! Klefki doesn't look that great (a key ring? really?), but Pumpkaboo and Gourgeist are cool and I'm glad they're adding more Halloween-ish Pokémon. I like Bergmite but it and it's evolved form remind me more of enemies from Legend of Zelda than they do Pokémon...Like those ice mounds that shoot out ice to freeze Link if he gets too close. Noibat is ADORABLE! I wonder if it's going to be the bat Pokémon that takes Zubats place? Hmmm...So to wrap this up, there's a lot of new ones I like and a few that I don't. I can't wait to get the games and train lots of new Pokémon ^_^

Pamizard
11th October 2013, 12:11 AM
Man the idea of hidden abillity in hordes and the difficulty of finding out which pokemon has it gets me more excited for it

INverse battle is... quite interesting

Citizen Insane
11th October 2013, 12:14 AM
Yay for Will-O-Wisp having an increased accuracy! Really really happy about this. Not really bothered about Thunderbold etc., it won't affect their usage at all, I think.

Razmos
11th October 2013, 12:20 AM
Looks like Horde Battles give items too, I just defeated a horde of Scraggy with my Flabebe, and a message came up saying "Razmos found a Power Herb in the aftermath"

Spartacus
11th October 2013, 12:31 AM
Do we know if the TM's are reusable like B/W yet?

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 12:32 AM
Do we know if the TM's are reusable like B/W yet?

Yes they are, a few different people have chimed in to say this is the case.

Rio!
Yay for Will-O-Wisp having an increased accuracy! Really really happy about this. Not really bothered about Thunderbold etc., it won't affect their usage at all, I think.

That is a nice accuracy boost. ;D

Spartacus
Oh cool. Thanks!

Devoninja
11th October 2013, 12:33 AM
Is it possible that new pokemon will be available that are not in the Kalos Dex? I think that's how all the new evolutions in Gen IV were. In fact some of the Gen IV legendaries may not have been in the Sinnoh Dex, iirc.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 12:35 AM
Looks like Horde Battles give items too, I just defeated a horde of Scraggy with my Flabebe, and a message came up saying "Razmos found a Power Herb in the aftermath"

Somehow, I can see this being a potential source of Mega Stones.

Crimson_Blazer
11th October 2013, 12:41 AM
Will serebii notify us of any shinies he discovers? I've only seen minun and chatot no 6th gen ones yet besides a suspicious shiny Xerneas pic

Gizmoa
11th October 2013, 12:41 AM

I'm not getting the game right at launch, but when I do I can do my typical theif covet run and document all the items on npc pokemon etc etc.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 12:46 AM
Wild Pokemon and Pickup seem like logical possibilities for where they could be obtained, considering they've made some items available exclusively from those sources in past before.

I intend to get around to grinding up a team of six level 100 Pickup users, on top of keeping something with Compoundeyes and a stealing move around, as well.

jamez292
11th October 2013, 12:51 AM

Also, what is it that prevents these games from being torn apart like previous gens? Just new technology on the 3ds Chip? Ignore the question if it's not relevant.

Skill Swap.

Aura Flare Riolu
11th October 2013, 12:52 AM
Skill Swap.

Role Play too.

arapokeyugioh
11th October 2013, 1:19 AM
So thus far Sea Spirit's Den is just an empty cave? Hmmmm Hidden Manaphy?

Completion
11th October 2013, 1:23 AM
So wait how do immunities work in inverse battles? Is that also inversed? Like dragon being immune to fairy and stuff like that?

NightFall00
11th October 2013, 2:22 AM
So wait how do immunities work in inverse battles? Is that also inversed? Like dragon being immune to fairy and stuff like that?

I sincerely hope so.

avsimone
11th October 2013, 2:29 AM
So thus far Sea Spirit's Den is just an empty cave? Hmmmm Hidden Manaphy?

Or it could be a Lugia ( though highly unlikely 'cause it's diving pokemon not sea spirit ) or Kyogre. Or another event legend that hasn't come out yet! Or you get a special event mega stone there. I don't know hopefully something cool!

ebevan91
11th October 2013, 2:51 AM
Has Serebii found a Vs. Seeker yet? Or is there at least a way to rematch trainers?

What about places similar to the stadiums in 5th gen? Is there anything like that?

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 2:57 AM
Has Serebii found a Vs. Seeker yet? Or is there at least a way to rematch trainers?

What about places similar to the stadiums in 5th gen? Is there anything like that?

There appears to be no way to rematch trainers, and he hasn't posted about finding anything like the Sports Stadiums in Fifth Gen, either.

MeAreLegend
11th October 2013, 4:38 AM
I realized that Sableye and Spiritomb no longer reign as pokemon without a weakness. As much as I love Sableye, I'm afraid these two pokemon don't have much going for them now.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 4:52 AM
Spiritomb, maybe, since its main role was as a tank.

Sableye still has the benefit of Prankster Will-o-Wisp, which can now be utilized more reliably thanks to its increased accuracy.

Completion
11th October 2013, 4:52 AM
I realized that Sableye and Spiritomb no longer reign as pokemon without a weakness. As much as I love Sableye, I'm afraid these two pokemon don't have much going for them now.

Prankster would like to have a word with you

Monek_OP
11th October 2013, 5:06 AM
Prankster would like to have a word with you

Reshiram would like to have a word with you.

Jexulus
11th October 2013, 5:28 AM
I agree completely with a Stealth Rock nerf, and its incredibly likely, what with Game Freak trying to bring Charizard back into relevancy. If anything, it should only be as potent as a full three-layers of spikes. In other words, instead of 50, 25, 12.5, 6.25, and 3.125%, it should be 25, 19, 12.5, 6.25, and 3.125 percent. That way, Flying types aren't punished for Spikes immunity, Fire types aren't scarce in OU, and Bug types finally have a reason to be decent outside of Scizor and Volcarona.

Dylz
11th October 2013, 6:42 AM
My braixen just evolved into a Delphox on level 36. Currently knows the moves: Psyshock, psybeam, flame charge and return. Hope it learns some decent attacks soon.

It just learned mystic fire on level 36.

it has 100 accuracy, 65 power. 10 PP. It's a special attack move. It lowers the target's special attack.

philzone
11th October 2013, 8:05 AM
I heard about special moves the starters learn. We know mystic fire from above, and I remember spikey shield is protect +iron barbs, but water shuriken, i heard a multi hit move with priority... cloyster, please get it

DarkKami
11th October 2013, 8:13 AM
Well Sweet! According to Serebii:

- Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable Line seems to be confirmed to be PURE Fairy
- Absolite from Serena Post-Game
- In-Game-Event-Unlocked Medichamnite (Wasn't able to just walk to it and get the Mega Stone)

Shraeder
11th October 2013, 8:15 AM
I heard about special moves the starters learn. We know mystic fire from above, and I remember spikey shield is protect +iron barbs, but water shuriken, i heard a multi hit move with priority... cloyster, please get it

Water Shuriken does 15 damage and hits 2-5 times, idk about the priority though. I think it will just be exclusive to Greninja for this gen, but next gen/Z other Pokemon will learn their special moves, just like how Leaf Blade, Muddy Water, and Blaze Kick were distributed in Gen 4.

Tenilius
11th October 2013, 8:34 AM
Sweet Mega Pinsir confirmed!
Very deserving of one I think.

R_N
11th October 2013, 8:36 AM
I have to say, kind of a shame that Pinsirite isnt' available during the main game. Same with Absolite, actually

Underachiever007
11th October 2013, 8:37 AM
I have to say, kind of a shame that Pinsirite isnt' available during the main game. Same with Absolite, actually

Guess that's something for Z to fix.

DarkKami
11th October 2013, 8:38 AM
W00T! Mega Pinsir incoming! ^_^

I'm hoping for a Bug/Dark or Bug/Steel Typing.

Endolise
11th October 2013, 8:40 AM
http://www.serebii.net/xy/temp/00473.png

Mega Pinsir looks terrifyingly awesome. :O

Also I'm totally in love with these crisp, clear screenshots

Tenilius
11th October 2013, 8:40 AM
Eh another Bug/Flying, missed opportunity for Bug/Dark.

stenli
11th October 2013, 8:44 AM
What does he mean by can only get the MS at 8pm? Are the places locked before 8 or what?

DarkKami
11th October 2013, 8:46 AM
What does he mean by can only get the MS at 8pm? Are the places locked before 8 or what?

The Upgraded Mega Ring only works at 8 PM from the looks of things. You can't detect Mega Stones if it's not 8 PM

AKA: GameFreak wants you to find 1 Mega Stone per day >_>

Underachiever007
11th October 2013, 8:48 AM
Eh another Bug/Flying, missed opportunity for Bug/Dark.

Look at the bright side. If it learns quick attack, we might have our first flying type priority move. I think.

Dylz
11th October 2013, 8:48 AM
I really can't wait for all mega evo's to be announced. I'm hoping that mega metagross is one of them.

My Charizard is currently level 36 and Delphox level 40.

Anyone found a move remover yet? I want to remove charizard her strength...

R_N
11th October 2013, 8:52 AM
Flying type
oh

boy

Well at least its ability is interesting and usable. Flying type return!

Grey Wind
11th October 2013, 8:55 AM
Yeah haha, if anything I was expecting it to become part Fighting.

So excited to see Mega Heracross (if there is one, although I can't see it not not existing at this point).

Sheyenne Thunderstorm
11th October 2013, 9:00 AM
I hope they have Raichunite

Miror
11th October 2013, 9:00 AM
Flying type
oh

boy

Well at least its ability is interesting and usable. Flying type return!

Stealth Rocks are icky ;~;

But yeah, I think Pinsir probably has the best chance out of most Bug/Flyings thanks to decent bulk and Speed, high Attack, and good Flying STAB in Return at least (hoping for some nice Attack and Speed boosts from the evolution lol)

Grey Wind
11th October 2013, 9:03 AM
Stealth Rocks are icky ;~;
At least least it'll only take severe Stealth Rock damage if you decide to switch it out.

philzone
11th October 2013, 9:18 AM
Does anyone know if you can de mega evolve a pokemon. DW mega charizard y would be op

R_N
11th October 2013, 9:20 AM
Does anyone know if you can de mega evolve a pokemon. DW mega charizard y would be op

I assume you mean within the same battle?
No.

Phoenix6000
11th October 2013, 9:29 AM
I may have missed something, but which of Eevee's abilities determine how Sylveon gains Synchronize?

Serebii
11th October 2013, 9:31 AM
I may have missed something, but which of Eevee's abilities determine how Sylveon gains Synchronize?

That may actually be an error in my database

Dylz
11th October 2013, 9:50 AM
Trying to enter Lumiose city's boutique. Keeps telling me that I am not stylish enough. Ohwell ;p Just defeated Team Flare in the power plant, went back to Lumiose city but turns out the power plant is still not done. What did I miss?

Kingudora
11th October 2013, 9:52 AM
Serebii, how do you find Mega Stones? Are they now in places where they weren't before?

kgtv123
11th October 2013, 9:56 AM
I know it's slow progress but IGN has had official pictures up of Mega Aerodactyl for almost a week does anyone know why it hasn't been listed on the Mega Evo page?

Citizen Insane
11th October 2013, 10:07 AM
I'm happy they gave Pinsir and Medicham a mega evolution. At least they're not already powerful Pokémon.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 10:08 AM
Serebii, how do you find Mega Stones? Are they now in places where they weren't before?

That's more or less how it works. It certainly explains why there was such a huge lull in new stones being discovered.

I'm still not expecting any gen V megas at this point, though...

Wulava
11th October 2013, 10:10 AM
I know it's slow progress but IGN has had official pictures up of Mega Aerodactyl for almost a week does anyone know why it hasn't been listed on the Mega Evo page?

Serebii hasn't had time to fully update the Mega Evolutions page on the main site yet.
He is still looking for the rest of the stones.

Serebii
11th October 2013, 10:13 AM
Found Bannettite in the Cave of Emptiness. Thankfully, I have a Bannette. Please stand by

Last Entei
11th October 2013, 10:15 AM
Found Bannettite in the Cave of Emptiness. Thankfully, I have a Bannette. Please stand by Whats the cave of emptiness like?

kgtv123
11th October 2013, 10:16 AM
Found Bannettite in the Cave of Emptiness. Thankfully, I have a Bannette. Please stand by
Can't wait for pics

bobandbill
11th October 2013, 10:24 AM
That looks rather fancy. Bannette might be more worthwhile using now. Kinda had a soft spot/interest in its background and all.

kgtv123
11th October 2013, 10:25 AM
Whoa Mega Banette's hands are sick

Miror
11th October 2013, 10:26 AM
Prankster Banette will be an interesting change