PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Pokémon Thread v2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Wulava
10th October 2013, 6:42 AM
Discuss the new legendary Pokemon here for the 6th gen games!

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

This following list is a compilation of all the possible methods of obtaining past Legendaries not obtainable in XY.
This does not detail how to obtain them though.

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres
:: Found in-game but varies on starter chosen.
:: All three are obtainable in Pt.

Mewtwo
:: Found in-game.

Mew
:: Trade with Hayley if you have 999 Pokemon on Pokemon Ranch.
:: Obtainable in Emerald, if you have the Old Sea Chart, which was only officially released in Japan.

Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oh, Lugia
:: Obtainable in HGSS

Celebi
:: Gift Pokemon for using Pokemon Bank. Event active until September 30, 2014.

Regirock, Registeel, Regice
:: Obtainable in B2W2 if you have the right Keys for the Underground Ruins.
:: OR if you have RSE, Pal Park them to Gen 4, then PokeTansfer to Gen 5.

Latios (R, E, B2), Latias (S, E, W2)
:: Version-exclusive in B2W2 (Latios in B2, Latias in W2).
:: Also obtainable in HGSS if you have the Event item, Enigma Stone, also version exclusive.

Kyogre (S, E, HG), Groudon (R, E, SS), Rayquaza (RSE, HGSS)
:: Obtainable in HGSS.

Jirachi
:: A tedious approach if you have the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc.

Deoxys
:: Transfer from Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs by completing a Special Mission.
:: Obtainable in FRLG/Emerald, if you have the Aurora Ticket.

Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf
:: Obtainable in B2W2, and DPPt.

Dialga (D, Pt), Palkia (P, Pt), Giratina (DPPt)
:: Obtainable in DPPt.

Heatran
:: Obtainable in B2W2, DPPt.

Regigigas
:: Obtainable in B2W2, DPPt. Requires all 3 Regis though.

Cresselia
:: Obtainable in B2W2, DPPt.

Phione
:: Breed Manaphy.

Manaphy
:: Transfer from Pokemon Ranger games (all three) by completing Special Missions.

Darkrai
:: Transfer from Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia by completing a Special Mission.

Shaymin
:: Transfer from Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs by completing a Special Mission.

Arceus
:: Event only. All distribution events have expired though.
:: Not legitimately obtainable in DPPt.

Victini
: Obtainable in BW, if you have the Liberty Pass.

Cobalian, Terrakion, Virizion
:: Obtainable in BW, B2W2.

Tornadus (B), Thundurus (W), Landorus (BW)
:: Obtainable in BW.
:: All three obtainable in Dream Radar, then transfer into B2W2.

Reshiram (B, W2), Zekrom (W, B2), Kyurem (BW, B2W2)
:: Obtainable in BW, B2W2.

Keldeo

Meloetta

Genesect

http://www.serebii.net/legends.png

http://www.serebii.net/legend2.png

arawn
10th October 2013, 3:45 PM
Without Power Herb , Geomancy was pretty meh . With 2 free turns , a strong Stab Iron Head could take Xerneas down easily . Can't find the 2 modes of Xerneas yet .

trouble13
10th October 2013, 3:47 PM
they said there were legendary birds? idk

Last Entei
10th October 2013, 3:49 PM
Whats the deal with the Birds,been hearing you can't catch them on your first enconter

trouble13
10th October 2013, 3:54 PM
wait what even are the names of the birds

Endolise
10th October 2013, 3:54 PM
wait what even are the names of the birds

Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

Eaglehawk
10th October 2013, 3:58 PM
I'm actually surprised that there are only three new legendaries in this game. Outside of Zygarde, Xerneas, and Yvetal, there aren't any other Pokemon. No minor legendary trios, no events, and no standalone legendaries. I hope the list on the Serebii page right now is the complete page.

Ver-mont
10th October 2013, 3:59 PM
I'm actually surprised that there are only three new legendaries in this game. Outside of Zygarde, Xerneas, and Yvetal, there aren't any other Pokemon. No minor legendary trios, no events, and no standalone legendaries. I hope the list on the Serebii page right now is the complete page.

We don't know about events yet.

They're supposed to be a secret until GF reveals them, we only knew them from the start the other times because it was easy to hack into the game and extract all data.

trouble13
10th October 2013, 4:00 PM
Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.

oh................... i thought it was a new trio LMAO

Endolise
10th October 2013, 4:01 PM
no events

There most likely are some event Pokémon, we just don't/can't know about them yet.

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 4:09 PM
I still wonder if the Kanto Legendaries are the only non-event legendaries in Kalos(I suspect we won't see Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova legendaries until the next games, unless we aren't revisiting Hoenn in the next games). Somebody should at least try to capture all the birds and bring them to Sea Spirit's Den.

Last Entei
10th October 2013, 4:11 PM
We don't know about events yet.

They're supposed to be a secret until GF reveals them, we only knew them from the start the other times because it was easy to hack into the game and extract all data. No one has hacked the 3DS yet,am I right?

arronishere
10th October 2013, 4:46 PM
TBH I glad there's not 20 new legendaries, the last 2 games had starting to go over the top with them.

MuhFugginMoose
10th October 2013, 4:57 PM
No one has hacked the 3DS yet,am I right?

You would be correct.

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 5:14 PM
Whats the deal with the Birds,been hearing you can't catch them on your first enconter

The one Serebii encountered fled before the battle menu even opened up, so at this point it's pretty well unknown how to catch them.

MuhFugginMoose
10th October 2013, 5:27 PM
The one Serebii encountered fled before the battle menu even opened up, so at this point it's pretty well unknown how to catch them.

Oh, goody. . .
I hated the beasts/Kami trio running away, and I had a chance to catch them.
These guys. . .
They just wanna be butt heads.

fitzy909
10th October 2013, 6:21 PM
No one has hacked the 3DS yet,am I right?

not yet at least or if they have they haven't said anything. there will be more legendaries for sure, there has to be, but i don't want as many as we have been having. it was getting rather ridiculous.

Regality
10th October 2013, 6:42 PM
Hmmm, so Xerneas gets a new type and different modes...

Any news about Yveltal getting different modes?

Last Entei
10th October 2013, 6:47 PM

Any news about Yveltal getting different modes? Be a bit unfair if he didn't get one,cause Xerneas looks cool in both his forms

Endolise
10th October 2013, 6:50 PM

Probably, yeah. Although it seems as though the modes are purely aesthetic and inconsequential, much like the Overdrive modes of Reshiram, Zekrom, White Kyurem, and Black Kyurem.

MuhFugginMoose
10th October 2013, 6:57 PM
Be a bit unfair if he didn't get one,cause Xerneas looks cool in both his forms

Unfair?
They've done it before.

Keldeo got a separate form, while none of the other Muskedeers got one.
It doesn't do anything for him anyways.

PsychoIncarnate
10th October 2013, 7:01 PM
Be a bit unfair if he didn't get one,cause Xerneas looks cool in both his forms

Look at your avatar

Charizard X and Charizard Y

Is that fair to Blastoise and Venusaur

Especially Blastoise who gets Mega Launcher as his only ability which raises the strength of a few attacks while charizard X's ability raises the strength of ALL contact moves?

Fair is not Gamefreak's game

Locormus
10th October 2013, 7:02 PM
Unfair?
They've done it before.

Keldeo got a separate form, while none of the other Muskedeers got one.
It doesn't do anything for him anyways.

Yeah, but Keldeo made sense, as it was notably 'younger' then the others and had to be resolute to compare, blablabla don't care..

eiger
10th October 2013, 7:07 PM
Now the dex is "complete", does it mean that events are excluded too?
I hope not, and I certainly don't want the next coming events being mega forms only

MuhFugginMoose
10th October 2013, 7:08 PM
Yeah, but Keldeo made sense, as it was notably 'younger' then the others and had to be resolute to compare, blablabla don't care..

Well, as stated, directly below me.
Look at Mewtwo, the only legendary to get not one, but TWO mega evolutions.

If we wanna be fair, Mega Xerneas better be something we get with some DLC.

PsychoIncarnate
10th October 2013, 7:09 PM
Now the dex is "complete", does it mean that events are excluded too?
I hope not, and I certainly don't want the next coming events being mega forms only

Since no one can hack the game, we don't know if there are event pokemon or not

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 7:11 PM
Since no one can hack the game, we don't know if there are event pokemon or not

Actually people could edit the save files of Monster Hunter 4 to get everything, so something similar might happen with X/Y. But it took about two weeks or so after the actual release IIRC.

Smeargle1987
10th October 2013, 7:14 PM
No ones hacked a 3DS yet......but Im sure they will now that this games out.I for one welcome it!

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 7:26 PM
Actually people could edit the save files of Monster Hunter 4 to get everything, so something similar might happen with X/Y. But it took about two weeks or so after the actual release IIRC.

It all depends on whether the save file itself stores any useful information, so I wouldn't get your hopes up about it yet.

Fozzie
10th October 2013, 7:52 PM

What's Xerneas' new type? Grass or something? Can't find anything on his page :/

MuhFugginMoose
10th October 2013, 7:57 PM
What's Xerneas' new type? Grass or something? Can't find anything on his page :/

He means new to the series.
Fairy.

Auraninja
10th October 2013, 8:05 PM
Zygarde's battle is here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmXXKCHRtvY)!

A couple of things:

The music for Legendaries X/Y/Z seem to be the same, at least with X and Z.
They got rid of the stupid low health music. I hated it when you hear it with epic battles.
The Pokedex entries seem to vary between X and Y.

Lion Demon
10th October 2013, 8:13 PM
Less is more. Looks like they really wanted to emphasise the fact that Kalos region legendaries are "legendary". It's a throwback to Generation 1 to the point all the Gneeration 1 generations appear in the Pokedex to compensate for the lack of legendaries. People complained that Sinnoh and Unova had too many legendaries and this is what Gamefreak did to compromise.

Odious
10th October 2013, 8:55 PM
Hmm wondering if Yveltal or Zygarde will get different forms but I suspect Zygarde will get his different form in the next game

Bundalings
10th October 2013, 8:55 PM
I think it's a little odd there's no trio, but it'll be nice to have a break from Legendary overload. I've been playing since Platinum and I've only caught... Suicune, Zapdos, Mewtwo, Reshiram, Zekrom, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Virizion, Cobalion and Terakion. Most of those were because I was going to wipe my copy of White and I didn't want to lose the chance for extra Legendaries. I don't go Legendary hunting until I'm ready to soft reset for a few hours.

It looks like Xerneas and Yveltal have high catch rates. This is good.

dbApplejack
10th October 2013, 11:29 PM
Does anyone know Xerneas' stats?

Eutus
11th October 2013, 12:42 AM
Hrmmm I'm disapointed by the lack of minor trios. These can't be the only X/Y legendaries, and frankly I'd rather get my legends through dungeons and hunting them down than having them handed to me in a cherish ball. Now if they are gonna have events the unlock addition dungeons with more legendaries or unique pokemon (shiny haxorus etc) that I'm very cool with. Makes me wonder though how the movie plots are going to be? Having stand alone pokemon movies not featuring Ash but focusing on other trainers who have specific mega pokemon could be fun, but runs the risk of having lamer protagonists than Ash. I like the movies focusing on legendaries though, kinda a proven formula.

Bluemage21
11th October 2013, 12:47 AM
Having stand alone pokemon movies not featuring Ash but focusing on other trainers who have specific mega pokemon could be fun, but runs the risk of having lamer protagonists than Ash. I like the movies focusing on legendaries though, kinda a proven formula.

How do you have a lamer protagonist than Ash at this point?

-Nator-
11th October 2013, 12:49 AM
Does anyone know Xerneas' stats?

115-130/128-143/95-110/131-144/94-109/99-114

Eutus
11th October 2013, 12:53 AM
How do you have a lamer protagonist than Ash at this point?

It's tough, but I've learned it could always be much much worse. At least Ash doesn't have a vocal brooding messiah complex

Whisper24
Has anyone else noticed this?
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
(X, Y, Z)
I wonder if that means there's going to be a Pokémon Z Version? Or if it just means Zygarde is going to be the third counterpart to Xerneas and Yveltal?

RoySceptile
Less is more. Looks like they really wanted to emphasise the fact that Kalos region legendaries are "legendary". It's a throwback to Generation 1 to the point all the Gneeration 1 generations appear in the Pokedex to compensate for the lack of legendaries. People complained that Sinnoh and Unova had too many legendaries and this is what Gamefreak did to compromise.

But really; would you rather have 2 post-game areas where legendaries are, or around 5?

Lorde
11th October 2013, 12:56 AM
I think it's a little odd there's no trio, but it'll be nice to have a break from Legendary overload.

I'm glad that there aren't that many Legendary Pokemon in Gen 6. I mean I don't have anything against Legendary Pokemon, but it does save me the trouble of having to stock up on Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls. Yveltal is still my favorite Gen 6 Legendary, but Zygarde is not far behind.

Umbreon2112
11th October 2013, 12:56 AM
Has anyone else noticed this?
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
(X, Y, Z)

NO WAY!!!!! lol...

I bet in the remake for X&Y they'll add more legends. kind of how black2 had new forms for the sky trio and keldeo/ kyurem

Bluemage21
11th October 2013, 12:58 AM
It's tough, but I've learned it could always be much much worse. At least Ash doesn't have a vocal brooding messiah complex

Actually, you have a point............O.o

scorpio66
11th October 2013, 1:06 AM
In terms of both New general Pokemon and New legendaries X and Y are a HUGE dissappointment. I cant help but feel they really phoned it through on this one. I was worried this might happen due to them making all the character models 3ds that they would get lazy with the new pokemon. :( I mean a keychain as a pokemon, and most of the pokemon look utter crap like carbink and bergemite, theres like 6-7 of them that all look very similar, very small design, no real detail, what happened to the huge lavishly designed pokemon? As a huge fan and an utter obssessive when its come to X and Y I feel really meh with the new Kalos pokedex. This gens pokemon are deffinitely the worst of all the gens! Also I feel meh about the Torchic event pokemon, wat happened to getting an exciting new even pokemon ala victini and Genosect in gen 5! :(

BCVM22
11th October 2013, 1:11 AM
You'll just have to skip this generation out of the crushing, soul-stabbing disappointment.

See you in a few years.

dbApplejack
11th October 2013, 1:19 AM

Thanks! ^^

Huh, I was hoping for a bit more HP but that still seems like a strong poke :3

Ver-mont
11th October 2013, 1:24 AM
In terms of both New general Pokemon and New legendaries X and Y are a HUGE dissappointment. I cant help but feel they really phoned it through on this one. I was worried this might happen due to them making all the character models 3ds that they would get lazy with the new pokemon. :( I mean a keychain as a pokemon, and most of the pokemon look utter crap like carbink and bergemite, theres like 6-7 of them that all look very similar, very small design, no real detail, what happened to the huge lavishly designed pokemon? As a huge fan and an utter obssessive when its come to X and Y I feel really meh with the new Kalos pokedex. This gens pokemon are deffinitely the worst of all the gens! Also I feel meh about the Torchic event pokemon, wat happened to getting an exciting new even pokemon ala victini and Genosect in gen 5! :(

Jesus, the game wasn't even released yet and you wanted them to give away all the hidden legendaries?

That's not how it works

MuhFugginMoose
11th October 2013, 1:46 AM

Ya know, I must say, you seem like you'd be a lot of fun at a party.
People complain "there's too many Pokemon, especially Legends." so they lower the number "There's not enough Pokemon, especially Legends."
Gotta love how this works. . .

Anyways, I, along with MANY people, think these designs are actually really good and well thought out. (if you actually thought about them)
But, I suppose it's all opinion based.
While I'm playing XY you enjoy BW! :D
Ciao!

SergantGold
11th October 2013, 2:04 AM

If you give me individual, good reasons for why each pokemon in this Generation sucks, and not using blanket design flaws, if each one makes sense I will officially say this Gen is worse than 1. I will snap my copy of Y in half when I get it because it will suck so much because GF couldn't make enough pokemon for you when they had to redo everything in 2 years.

Espeonite
11th October 2013, 2:07 AM
Why put back the 1st gen trio, what is their storyline and relevance in this new generation?

ebevan91
11th October 2013, 2:13 AM
I think the term "legendary" lost its meaning once they started to put 12-15 legendaries in the games.

BCVM22
11th October 2013, 2:17 AM
what is their storyline and relevance in this new generation?

What story line and relevance did they have in Generation I?

I think the term "legendary" lost its meaning once they started to put 12-15 legendaries in the games.

It never had a designated meaning beyond certain statistical trends and a title assigned to the critters by the people who made them.

To any appreciable, consistant and/or official degree, it never meant "deep and detailed back story", it never meant "only a certain number of them", it never meant anything like that. Those are descriptions people like to apply to them arbitrarily and then complain when they're brushed aside just as arbitrarily.

The term never had a significant meaning able to be lost, and certainly not lost in the face of greater numbers.

-Nator-

Agreed with this. Ever since Hoenn, it seems.
I'm glad they're somewhat restoring the meaning this generation.

Endolise

Legendary (adj): "Of, described in, or based on legends."

Seeing as how, unlike the Legendary Pokémon of the first few Gens, the later Legendary Pokémon actually were described in myths, I would say that the term actually lived up to its meaning once they started adding in 14 per Gen. Before then, "Legendary" Pokémon were really just "fairly more powerful than other Pokémon" Pokémon.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
11th October 2013, 2:35 AM
Is it just me or is Xerneas way better than Yveltal stats wise?

Monek_OP
11th October 2013, 2:45 AM
Agreed with this. Ever since Hoenn, it seems. I'm glad they're somewhat restoring the meaning this generation.

The meaning was to be very rare, or strong; not at all really legendary, and that worked when there was only five in generation I. And it worked pretty well in generation II were Kanto legends were in Kanto and Johto legends in Johto. Now, it doesn't work at all, but with bank and the birds being available, it doesn't really "restore" it. Wish it did, though, but its not like [the hypothetical] generations VII and VIII won't have more legends, and even if they only introduced three in all the gens, by the time VIII rolls along we'd still have 24; we can't escape to many legendaries...

Endolise
11th October 2013, 2:49 AM
The meaning was to be very rare, or strong; not at all really legendary, and that worked when there was only five in generation I.

No, actually, as BCVM22 said, the term never had a specific meaning. Formally speaking, though, Legendary Pokémon weren't actually "legendary" until they started becoming the central figures of myths and legends.

Raasikh22
11th October 2013, 2:52 AM
I'm not getting these big fails, but has any one else heard the claiming of a " LAVADOS "? It might be a mega evolution of moltress but the ending ados reminds me of gyarados, not sure if its even real. Anyway it surely seems like a legendary

MuhFugginMoose
11th October 2013, 2:54 AM
I'm not getting these big fails, but has any one else heard the claiming of a " LAVADOS "? It might be a mega evolution of moltress but the ending ados reminds me of gyarados, not sure if its even real. Anyway it surely seems like a legendary

Well . . .
Moltres (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/146.shtml) would be Lavados. . .
Just so you know.

Monek_OP
11th October 2013, 2:55 AM
No, actually, as BCVM22 said, the term never had a specific meaning. Formally speaking, though, Legendary Pokémon weren't actually "legendary" until they started becoming the central figures of myths and legends.

That's what I meant by saying 'not at all really legendary'

Endolise
11th October 2013, 2:56 AM
That's what I meant by saying 'not at all really legendary'

Yes, but there was no real alternative meaning to go by either.

richi3f
11th October 2013, 2:56 AM
I'm glad this gen did not include tons of legendary Pokémon! It was one my main hopes and it's refreshing to see them going back to the old "few legendaries" formula.

Lavados is Moltres' German name. Megas keep their name and have a prepended "Mega."

Monek_OP
11th October 2013, 2:58 AM
Yes, but there was no real alternative meaning to go by either.

Which brings me back to my original characteristics of legendaries, or at least characteristics that all the legendary Pokmon (in generation I) had in common: rare and strong.

Rio!
11th October 2013, 3:04 AM

I think this describes and puts better into words what it was I was thinking too. :B

I'd define them as generally being 'rare' and not being obtainable by normal means, or breeding. Sure I'd put Groudon and Entei in different categories being that one is minor and the other roams.
Then too with Pokemon as a whole, 'power' can allude to them being 'powerful' whether it be defensively or offensively.

-Nator-
11th October 2013, 3:04 AM
You'd kind of have to grow up with the first generation to get the full understanding of legendaries and their rarity.

BCVM22
11th October 2013, 3:07 AM
You'd kind of have to grow up with the first generation to get the full understanding of legendaries and their rarity.

I don't know if you're trying to say that anyone who points out the error in the sentiment didn't "grow up with the first generation" or if you're saying that anyone who points out the error in the sentiment is missing some grand concept, but either one borders on the ridiculous.

Endolise
11th October 2013, 3:14 AM
Which brings me back to my original characteristics of legendaries, or at least characteristics that all the legendary Pokmon (in generation I) had in common: rare and strong.

And yet, even the Legendary Pokémon in Gens IV and V were both rare and (if only narratively, in some cases, but then, Moltres sucks competitively too) strong. Their "rarity" was never determined by the total amount of Legendary species there were, but rather, by their "one-per-save file" nature.

Regardless, just because Legendary Pokémon in Gen I shared a trait or two doesn't not mean that all subsequent Legendary Pokémon must share that trait. That is the kind of logic that leads to stagnation, because if ideas must fit into a certain mold, they become limited in the ways that they can change and develop and be unique.

I can't tell who you're talking to, but for the sake of confirmation, I did. And I understand that "legendary" is essentially just a label.

avsimone
11th October 2013, 3:15 AM
Is it just me or is Xerneas way better than Yveltal stats wise?

Where are the stats of the legendaries? I've seen Yveltals (about 130 HP, 135 in ATK & SPATK, 100 DEF, and 100SPD right?) but I haven't seen Zygarde's or Xerneas' stats

Umbreon2112
11th October 2013, 3:16 AM
since there is no legendary trio for kalos, do you think the bird trio will get mega forms? im really disappointed that we didn't get a fairy trio or something! kinda sucks... but if older trio pkmn are getting mega forms then i'll be happy ^_^

Rio!
11th October 2013, 3:19 AM

Er, how? From what I've read up, they were indeed a little *sometimes plenty* more difficult to access even in-game and trading itself was problematic.
I still kind of fail to see how playing the first game versus others somehow skew my perspective on legendaries. :I

since there is no legendary trio for kalos, do you think the bird trio will get mega forms? im really disappointed that we didn't get a fairy trio or something! kinda sucks... but if older trio pkmn are getting mega forms then i'll be happy ^_^

Just having an Ability change or something would be nice, honestly.

Monek_OP
11th October 2013, 3:22 AM
Regardless, just because Legendary Pokémon in Gen I shared a trait or two doesn't not mean that all subsequent Legendary Pokémon must share that trait. That is the kind of logic that leads to stagnation, because if ideas must fit into a certain mold, they become limited in the ways that they can change and develop and be unique.

I was only using the generation I legendaries as an example because they weren't central in myths or legends like the other legendaries are. And I agree, however, I think that Pokemon did set a mold of what the game was supposed to be like, but not necessarily on legendaries and such as much as gameplay in general.

Umbreon2112
11th October 2013, 3:34 AM
Just having an Ability change or something would be nice, honestly.
that would be awesome now that you mention it

Rio!
11th October 2013, 3:38 AM
that would be awesome now that you mention it

I like the idea that was mentioned on the earlier Legendary board;

Articuno- Snow Warning
Moltres- Drought
Zapdos- Drizzle

Speaking of, I never understood why it is Zapdos is the only one of the trio not to get Hurricane, lul.

Bluemage21
11th October 2013, 3:42 AM

What are you talking about? I grew up with the first and second gen and the third and fourth gen had legendaries FAR more legendary than the three legendary birds. Second gen had awesome legends and are my favorites though:)

You're just wearing your nostalgia goggles and not admitting it.

Missingno.Fan
11th October 2013, 3:46 AM
I am little bit disappointed that there was not a new legendary trio this time around.

Monek_OP
11th October 2013, 3:49 AM
I like the idea that was mentioned on the earlier Legendary board;

Articuno- Snow Warning
Moltres- Drought
Zapdos- Drizzle

Speaking of, I never understood why it is Zapdos is the only one of the trio not to get Hurricane, lul.

Actually, there's a new Electric weather condition that Zapdos would probably get...

Platinum fan.
11th October 2013, 3:50 AM
So there's only three Legendary Pokemon? The XYZ trio? There probably will be some event Pokemon, but I have mixed feelings about the Legendary Pokemon. On one hand I kinda like the small number of Legendary Pokemon in Kalos, at least that we know of. On the other hand I really loved the challenge of hunting down legendary Pokemon. It was my favorite thing to do in post-game of Platinum along with all the rematches and Battle Zone. So I don't know where I stand on it. I think we should wait more. There will probably be more legends once we get the games and explore ourselves. Either way I'm good.

Rio!
11th October 2013, 3:54 AM
Actually, there's a new Electric weather condition that Zapdos would probably get...

Ooh I had forgotten all about that. :B

BCVM22
11th October 2013, 3:57 AM
There will probably be more legends once we get the games and explore ourselves.

The National Dex from 650 (Chespin) to 718 (Zygarde) is completely accounted for, so there's nothing hiding there. And of the portions of the National Dex respective to the previous five regions, there's only one Legendary Pokémon that follows the third titular Legendary (Cresselia after Giratina) that isn't an event Pokémon.

The rapid-fire, slap-dash nature of coverage up to this point makes some of a case for there being material yet to be uncovered, but right now it doesn't appear there are any Legendaries to which we are not privy that are not event Pokémon.

Firebrand
11th October 2013, 3:57 AM
The definition of legendary pokemon is, and has been, "a pokemon of which there is only one per game (barring external means like trading and/or events), has higher base stats than other pokemon and has a low catch rate." That's the only standard I can think of that has been applicable throughout all generations. And I think the point made earlier, about having to have played from the early gens to understand, is more to do with how less connected one was.

Now with the possibility of global trading, and easy to manipulate cloning, it's easy for one to amass a large collection of legendary pokemon. Also, as many legendaries are barred from multiplayer play, most of them are just trophies now. But back in the older days of link trading, I (and my pokemon playing friends) jealously hoarded our Mewtwos and Birds, and eventually our Lugias, Ho-Ohs and Beasts. If someone bungled catching one of them, it would take a lot of negotiation to get us to agree to a trade.

PsychicPsycho
11th October 2013, 3:58 AM
When I first saw Zygarde, I was like 'Whut?'. My 3DS wouldn't display the image on Serebii, so I found it somewhere else and thought it was fake- it kind of makes me think of something from Scooby-Doo. However, after some time's past, I've gotten more used to it and think it's kind of neat.

I read somewhere that the XYZ trio are apparently based on norse mythology, wherein a deer, eagle, snake and squirel live in a large tree. Perhaps the squirel will be a cutesy event pokemon.

im really disappointed that we didn't get a fairy trio or something! kinda sucks... but if older trio pkmn are getting mega forms then i'll be happy ^_^Ha, I didn't even notice there wasn't a minor trio when I first looked, but know that you mention it that is weird, and a fairy trio would've seemed likely before today. Although...I can think of an older trio that I could absolutely see being turned fairy/psychic.

Platinum fan.
11th October 2013, 4:01 AM
The National Dex from 650 (Chespin) to 718 (Zygarde) is completely accounted for, so there's nothing hiding there. And of the portions of the National Dex respective to the previous five regions, there's only one Legendary Pokémon that follows the third titular Legendary (Cresselia after Giratina) that isn't an event Pokémon.

The rapid-fire, slap-dash nature of coverage up to this point makes some of a case for there being material yet to be uncovered, but right now it doesn't appear there are any Legendaries to which we are not privy that are not event Pokémon.

Really? I didn't know that. It's strange there's no trio Legends. Unless XYZ are the new legendary trio.

Bluemage21
11th October 2013, 4:15 AM
Really? I didn't know that. It's strange there's no trio Legends. Unless XYZ are the new legendary trio.

The Legendary Birds/titans/mirages/whatevers are the "Trio" of this gen. They act as they did in Platinum and roam around randomly.

Monek_OP
11th October 2013, 4:16 AM

Their stats and game boxart disagree. I, for one, like the lack of a trio: it puts into perspective the rarity of the Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde. (and possible squirle-thing). Plus its less to complete.

The Legendary Birds/titans/mirages/whatevers are the "Trio" of this gen. They act as they did in Platinum and roam around randomly.

Remember, though: Platinum also had the pixies. And the birds aren't really the trio of this gen as much as a trio appearing in this gen, like they did in every other generation except 5.

Curo
11th October 2013, 4:23 AM
I hadn't even thought about there being no legendary trio :| Now that I think about it, I'm kinda sad :( This game has so much new content though. I think the content will make up for everything.

Endolise
11th October 2013, 4:29 AM
This may be of interest to some people - this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmXXKCHRtvY) video reveals Zygarde's other Pokédex entry:

When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power.

Perhaps this is foreshadowing for an alternate forme, and maybe even the plot of the next games to a degree.

Rio!
11th October 2013, 4:32 AM
This may be of interest to some - this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmXXKCHRtvY) video reveals Zygarde's other Pokédex entry:

Perhaps this is foreshadowing for an alternate forme, and maybe even the plot of the next games, to a degree.

Probably. I'm already excited for the future. 8D

If I didn't know what Zygarde looked like, I would have thought he was a funny, lit-up cave tree. XD

Zoruagible
11th October 2013, 5:00 AM
Really curious on what the new events are. Maybe some are just Megas for old Pokemon?

Monek_OP
11th October 2013, 5:02 AM
This may be of interest to some people - this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmXXKCHRtvY) video reveals Zygarde's other Pokédex entry: Perhaps this is foreshadowing for an alternate forme, and maybe even the plot of the next games to a degree.

Although the idea of alternate formes of Zygarde would be cool, I'm afraid this could lead to Pokemon ZY and ZX or something, like Kyruem to Zekrom or Reshiram. The idea would be relatively simple, and a lot like the plot of Black 2 and White 2. Team Flare steal a legendary (in this case Yveltal or Xerneas, depending on the version), and screw with the environment to attract Zygarde, who they then use its powers to be the opposite of what kind of Pokemon is trapped by Flare. Zygarde then changes forme. I can't say I'm against sequels, a new storyline + gyms? Great! But still. It would be nice to get a battle frontier...

DANB0
11th October 2013, 11:01 AM
I read somewhere that the XYZ trio are apparently based on norse mythology, wherein a deer, eagle, snake and squirel live in a large tree. Perhaps the squirel will be a cutesy event pokemon.

Well in that case, Mewtwo resembles an overgrown Squirrel, so it all makes sense! :D

MuhFugginMoose
11th October 2013, 11:07 AM
Well in that case, Mewtwo resembles an overgrown Squirrel, so it all makes sense! :D

Mewtwo. . .
A squirrel?
But, the squirrel is a messenger. Something Mewtwo is not.
As far as we can see.

JP Sonic
11th October 2013, 11:50 AM
As far as legendaries go, I'm pretty satisfied with what we have. I'm sure we will find some hidden in x/y later on, as we did with diamond/pearl and darkrai etc.
I only hope to see that as we continue to find more megas, we find more mega legends!
Mega mewtwo is cool but.....mega mew? Mega articuno...Mega Ho-oh . god help you if mega raquaza rages *cough* mega arceus*hax*

eiger
11th October 2013, 6:29 PM
As far as legendaries go, I'm pretty satisfied with what we have. I'm sure we will find some hidden in x/y later on, as we did with diamond/pearl and darkrai etc.
I only hope to see that as we continue to find more megas, we find more mega legends!
Mega mewtwo is cool but.....mega mew? Mega articuno...Mega Ho-oh . god help you if mega raquaza rages *cough* mega arceus*hax*

God no, no mega legendaries. I'm not fond on the megaevolutions idea, and certainly no legends.
They have an unique appearance, and it should just stay that way.
I do hope, now we don't have alot of legends, that they will be distributing older events too. I'm affraid alot of the upcoming events will be new mega forms however

Auraninja
11th October 2013, 6:51 PM
Mewtwo. . .
A squirrel?
But, the squirrel is a messenger. Something Mewtwo is not.
As far as we can see.
In the first movie, Mewtwo sent Dragonite as its messenger.

Therefore, Dragonite is a squirrel.

Kidding. I think if we get a squirrel, it would be an event legendary.

Pokemon Ruler Kun
11th October 2013, 7:10 PM
Does any1 know what non gen 6 pokemon r available in game besides the trio birds?

Eutus
11th October 2013, 8:14 PM
I do hope, now we don't have alot of legends, that they will be distributing older events too. I'm affraid alot of the upcoming events will be new mega forms however

I gotta disagree. No more old event legendaries. I agree 100% with event Megas, frankly kinda seems like the only way we are ever all gonna get to see a new pokemon at the same time. But constantly recycling legendaries every generation as events takes away from it. You want a Mew? Shoulda had to win Nintendo Power back in the day or snag if from a relevant event to a movie or frlg. Thats how you do a legendary. Not let people get three of each per generation. I know it sounds kinda harsh, but if that was the case and someone pulled a Celebi on you years past any of their availability don't you think it'd be a tad more awe inspiring and legendary?

aurastrike
11th October 2013, 8:59 PM
Hey sorry if this has been said but a thought came to me when I thought about all the gens and their main legendaries. They respond to the gen like
gen 1 mewtwo
gen 2 lugia and ho oh
gen 3 kyoger, rayquaza, groudon (sorry bad speller)
gen 4 diaga, palkia, giratina, giratina (alt form)
gen 5 reshiram, zekrom, kyrem, black kyrem, white kyrem
gen 6 xerneas, xerneas(form), yveltal, z
so I think xyz will all have alt forms so we will have 6.

halfrican
11th October 2013, 9:14 PM
Has anybody actually seen Articuno yet? Moltres and Zapdos look great in game. I know no one knows how to catch them yet, but everyone just stopped talking about them before Articuno was discovered. If anyone knows where I could find a seen entry or a "wild articuno fled" shot, I'd love them forever.

Trainer Yusuf
11th October 2013, 9:16 PM
Has anybody actually seen Articuno yet? Moltres and Zapdos look great in game. I know no one knows how to catch them yet, but everyone just stopped talking about them before Articuno was discovered. If anyone knows where I could find a seen entry or a "wild articuno fled" shot, I'd love them forever.

As far as I know nobody who encountered Articuno took a pic.

Raasikh22
11th October 2013, 9:47 PM
I'm glad this gen did not include tons of legendary Pokémon! It was one my main hopes and it's refreshing to see them going back to the old "few legendaries" formula.

Lavados is Moltres' German name. Megas keep their name and have a prepended "Mega."

Oh, thanks cause the way I saw it it looked like it had bigger flames, I guess it was fake,

Lv100Mewtwo
11th October 2013, 10:02 PM
Wait a minute, I thought I read in multiple places that even Shadow Tag doesn't keep the roaming pokemon from Fleeing?

Underachiever007
11th October 2013, 10:04 PM
As far as I know nobody who encountered Articuno took a pic.

Looks like Serebii just did.

Rio!
11th October 2013, 10:05 PM
I gotta disagree. No more old event legendaries. I agree 100% with event Megas, frankly kinda seems like the only way we are ever all gonna get to see a new pokemon at the same time. But constantly recycling legendaries every generation as events takes away from it. You want a Mew? Shoulda had to win Nintendo Power back in the day or snag if from a relevant event to a movie or frlg. Thats how you do a legendary. Not let people get three of each per generation. I know it sounds kinda harsh, but if that was the case and someone pulled a Celebi on you years past any of their availability don't you think it'd be a tad more awe inspiring and legendary?

I dunno, having a couple event legends like Shaymin would be REALLY nice. Or at least those that haven't been released since before White/Black.

John's Knight
11th October 2013, 10:08 PM
I think I remember reading on /vp/ that Xerneas and Yvetal had two forms - one in-battle and another outside. Has this been confirmed? Because I've been racking my brain on this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFCyyHT_rI) on why Xerneas looks like that (0:20) in the beginning - it has Xerneas' antlers alright, but a huge X on its 'face'? o.O and then, it gets smaller and is outside of Lyzandre's cage? I'm confused.

Lv100Mewtwo
11th October 2013, 10:10 PM
I think I remember reading on /vp/ that Xerneas and Yvetal had two forms - one in-battle and another outside. Has this been confirmed? Because I've been racking my brain on this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEFCyyHT_rI) on why Xerneas looks like that (0:20) in the beginning - it has Xerneas' antlers alright, but without a face? o.O and then, it gets smaller and is outside of Lyzandre's cage? I'm confused.

Xerneas has an Out of Battle form (the light blue seen in the video) and his in battle form (The one with the different colors on antlers). Yveltal still hasn't been revealed to have a second form, same for Zygrade... but those might come later on?

K-B-K
11th October 2013, 10:20 PM
One thing I find strange about this gen (I'm also very surprised no one seems to have mentioned this) is that there is no legendary with a base stat total of 600 (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc). I prefer those sort of legendary Pokemon to be honest.

Plus side down side
11th October 2013, 10:21 PM
One thing I find strange about this gen (I'm also very surprised no one seems to have mentioned this) is that there is no legendary with a base stat total of 600 (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc). I prefer those sort of legendary Pokemon to be honest.

That's because it is presumably going to be an event Pokemon, which are unaccessible at the moment. Odds are, it will be the first event Pokemon revealed.

Endolise
11th October 2013, 10:22 PM

There probably is one. We just won't know about it until it is officially revealed or until somebody figures out how to datamine a 3DS cartridge.

K-B-K
11th October 2013, 10:23 PM
That's because it is presumably going to be an event Pokemon, which are unaccessible at the moment. Odds are, it will be the first event Pokemon revealed.

Yea good point, I guess we're all used to knowing about these things early in previous gens. lol

pokepim10
11th October 2013, 11:06 PM
Is there possibility to still be some hidden places containing legendary trio or some other legendaries? Like Regis in 3rd gen.

Bluemage21
11th October 2013, 11:14 PM
Is there possibility to still be some hidden places containing legendary trio or some other legendaries? Like Regis in 3rd gen.

Almost definitely NOT. We know the third mascot's, Zygarde, pokedex number, 718, and there is not more spaces left in the pokedex between genesect and it. The only pokemon that generally come after the third mascot are event pokemon. only one has a pokemon appeared after that was not event and it was cresselia.

Long story short: There is no trio.

ABC595
11th October 2013, 11:31 PM
I don't understand why there is no other new legendary pokemon other than the mascots unless they're to be released in the remake.

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 11:37 PM
I don't understand why there is no other new legendary pokemon other than the mascots unless they're to be released in the remake.

Because everyone was always complaining that there were too many Legendary Pokemon and they weren't special any more.

Regality
11th October 2013, 11:39 PM
Wait a minute, I thought I read in multiple places that even Shadow Tag doesn't keep the roaming pokemon from Fleeing?

..well that kinda defeats the whole point of the ability.
I am sure it says on the serebii page that having shadow tag works, but whether they have tested it is a different story..

Lucario At Service
11th October 2013, 11:47 PM
For people who are interested. Not sure which one is from which game though.

http://oi39.*******.com/20kwto8.jpg
http://oi40.*******.com/eala1s.jpg

JTrainer
11th October 2013, 11:53 PM
From what I read about Xerneas/Yveltal on serebii, it seems like you are forced to capture them, just like with Reshiram/Zekrom in BW. I'm hoping that this isn't true, and that you can KO them and battle them again later.
I plan to capture the legendaries only after they've figured out the RNG mechanics for X and Y. Because I do NOT want to have to go back to resetting the game over a hundred times just to get the right nature, but terrible IVs.

ABC595
11th October 2013, 11:55 PM
Who was complaining I loved having lodes of legends it was always a challenge to try and catch them all.

halfrican
11th October 2013, 11:59 PM
Okay, I get my game in 8 hours. I am determined to prove/disprove the existence of Mega Articuno. I will be rushing to post-game, and based on others, I should be there by sunday. On the way, I will be looking for a Wobbuffet. I'm sure numerous others will beat me to post-game, but for some reason, interest in the legendary birds seems pretty low. If no one has figured it out by the time I get there, that's all I'll be doing until I can catch one of them. I'm a little scared shadow tag won't work. If it doesn't, then we'll know for sure that there's some other trigger for getting them to stay in battle. I can't think of any other reason for them to be so mysterious beyond getting mega evolutions. I'm honestly surprised no one else is as hyped about that as I am.

BCVM22
12th October 2013, 12:24 AM
Not sure which one is from which game though.

Y is the top one, X is the bottom.

Heiach
12th October 2013, 1:09 AM
Can you catch Mewtwo in Pokemon X and Y?

I hope this isn't a silly question but I never got Pokemon black or black 2 which means I don't have a straight chain of trading.. ie trading from ss to black and black to black 2 and black 2 to pokemon x/y.. so I can't trade my red/blue mewtwo all the way across..

Iblistech
12th October 2013, 1:10 AM
Can you catch Mewtwo in Pokemon X and Y?

I hope this isn't a silly question but I never got Pokemon black or black 2 which means I don't have a straight chain of trading.. ie trading from ss to black and black to black 2 and black 2 to pokemon x/y.. so I can't trade my red/blue mewtwo all the way across..

Yes, you can catch it. It's found at the Pokemon Village. :)

Heiach
12th October 2013, 1:15 AM
Yes, you can catch it. It's found at the Pokemon Village. :)

*Hugs* thanks for the swift reply!

725roy
12th October 2013, 1:27 AM

It is also holding it's mega evolution stone.

Sulfurian
12th October 2013, 1:37 AM
From what I read about Xerneas/Yveltal on serebii, it seems like you are forced to capture them, just like with Reshiram/Zekrom in BW. I'm hoping that this isn't true, and that you can KO them and battle them again later.
I plan to capture the legendaries only after they've figured out the RNG mechanics for X and Y. Because I do NOT want to have to go back to resetting the game over a hundred times just to get the right nature, but terrible IVs.

I'm one of those people who hate IVs with a burning passion. EV training is fun, since you are training your pokemon. But IVs turned "Gotta catch 'em all" to "Gotta Keep Resetting 'em all" " or "Gotta Breed 'em all" which really did turn me off from competitive. Hell, resetting for natures is one thing. But perfect IVs too? goodbye sanity.

shadowF
12th October 2013, 1:45 AM
is mewtwo involved in the plot?

Hydrohs
12th October 2013, 1:56 AM
is mewtwo involved in the plot?

Considering it's not found until post game, in a cave. I don't think so.

JTrainer
12th October 2013, 2:36 AM
I'm one of those people who hate IVs with a burning passion. EV training is fun, since you are training your pokemon. But IVs turned "Gotta catch 'em all" to "Gotta Keep Resetting 'em all" " or "Gotta Breed 'em all" which really did turn me off from competitive. Hell, resetting for natures is one thing. But perfect IVs too? goodbye sanity.

Yeah, it drove me crazy back in 4th gen, and then I discovered the RNG method in 5th gen (which is easier to do than in 4th). Now I usually only have to restart the game 2-3 times to get the IVs I want. Unfortunately I discovered this AFTER I caught Reshiram (which I was forced to do if I wanted to get to the post-game), which eventually led to me buying a second Black version.

If they apply the same thing to Xerneas (I'll be playing X version first), I'll be upset. But maybe the pokemon bank (which we're not getting until DECEMBER?!) will help to alleviate that problem.
Hopefully it will be more like Dialga and Palkia in DPP, where you fought them but didn't have to catch them; then after beating the elite four, you could go back and battle them again.

davedave2x
12th October 2013, 2:40 AM
is there only 3 legendaries?

Jaxero
12th October 2013, 2:40 AM
Well, there's the "Pokémon Z" Zygarde. So yeah, I think we all will wait for the next "mysterious" version; Pokémon Z.

Endolise
12th October 2013, 2:45 AM
is there only 3 legendaries?

Not counting Legendary Pokémon from older generations and potential event Pokémon, yes; there are only three. Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

Electabuzzed
12th October 2013, 3:25 AM
Are there any screenshots of the legendary birds yet?

ebevan91
12th October 2013, 3:26 AM
Are there any screenshots of the legendary birds yet?

There's video of at least Moltres and Zapdos on Youtube. I haven't seen screenshots yet.

Iblistech
12th October 2013, 5:28 AM

You're quite welcome, always happy to help out. :D

applemania
12th October 2013, 9:16 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but of the trademarked list of Japanese names, the ones below are not the names of any of the currently released Kalos pokemon, so I expect they are event legends.
-Dianshii
-Borukenion
-Fuupa

BCVM22
12th October 2013, 9:50 PM
It's been mentioned several times, usually in a similar vein, i.e. people jumping to conclusions.

Those names were from a vague source and were originally purported to be any number of things. They aren't necessarily event Pokémon; they could just as easily be mistranslated names of existing Pokémon, or even be nothing at all.

It's best not to focus on them or assume anything.

Prelex
13th October 2013, 7:40 AM
The birds cannot be caught using shadow tag. They still flee first turn.

blasian amtrax
13th October 2013, 7:51 AM
The birds cannot be caught using shadow tag. They still flee first turn.

I can confirm this. Used wobbufet with shadow tag and Moltres still fled before the battle menu appeared

eiger
13th October 2013, 9:15 AM
When will we know about these event legendaries? We are past the launch date, some ppl probably got the pokéguide too.
Shouldn't we know by now?

BCVM22
13th October 2013, 9:18 AM
When will we know about these event legendaries?

Not for quite some time yet.

Shouldn't we know by now?

Not at all. The only way we've known about them so quickly in the past is because people dump the cartridge and sift through the data, which is how everything would be laid out, from base stats to move sets to sprites to hidden formes to event Legendaries.

That can't be done with X/Y (yet?), ergo anything that is intentionally buried and that isn't meant to be found yet, hasn't been and won't be until that happens or until Nintendo unveils them on their own. The latter probably won't happen until next spring or summer to coincide with the first X/Y anime movie.

eiger
13th October 2013, 9:22 AM

Not at all. The only way we've known about them so quickly in the past is because people dump the cartridge and sift through the data, which is how everything would be laid out, from base stats to move sets to sprites to hidden formes to event Legendaries.

That can't be done with X/Y (yet?), ergo anything that is intentionally buried and that isn't meant to be found yet, hasn't been and won't be until that happens or until Nintendo unveils them on their own. The latter probably won't happen until next spring or summer to coincide with the first X/Y anime movie.

Oh, I see. I thought they might have revealed the info on launch date.
Thanks for quick reply!

fitzy909
13th October 2013, 12:04 PM

yeah. There will be more (there has to be), but right now people can't get into the code of the games to find out like before. Personally, i think it is better to wait and be surprised when they officially announce them. unlike before when we know about them months before.

Janovy
13th October 2013, 12:42 PM
In X/Y there is a Sea Spirit's Den, but the cave is empty. What kind of legendary could be there?

The Imposter
13th October 2013, 3:51 PM
What is Xerneas/Yveltal's catch rate? Because I just caught Xerneas on the very first Pokeball. And by that I mean pokeball. Not Ultra or Master.

Trainer Yusuf
13th October 2013, 3:55 PM
What is Xerneas/Yveltal's catch rate? Because I just caught Xerneas on the very first Pokeball. And by that I mean pokeball. Not Ultra or Master.

We clearly have no idea since the databases are unaccesible. But from the looks of it, it has higher catch rate than most version mascots(either that or the formula has been changed).

Afeww
13th October 2013, 6:41 PM
Both Xerneas and Yveltal have only 1 signature move.. Right?

Trainer Yusuf
13th October 2013, 6:44 PM
Both Xerneas and Yveltal have only 1 signature move.. Right?

Yes, Geomancy and Oblivion Wing.

Sceprile
13th October 2013, 7:32 PM
Good nature for Xerneas? I got modest but can't tell if it is pure special...

Cingen
13th October 2013, 8:07 PM
Good nature for Xerneas? I got modest but can't tell if it is pure special...

I'd love some more info on this too, and also, is there a way ingame to at least get an estimave of IVs? So I know if I should reset him or not..

Bluemage21
13th October 2013, 8:17 PM
I'd love some more info on this too, and also, is there a way ingame to at least get an estimave of IVs? So I know if I should reset him or not..

There is the iv guy from the other games appearing again, not sure where he is though.

Cingen
13th October 2013, 9:15 PM
So does anyone know what nature best fits a Xerneas? Or at least what his base stats are? I did some research but no luck so far..

Sort of urgent since I'm at him now and can't continue the game since I don't want to end up with a bad natured version.. :p

Trainer Yusuf
13th October 2013, 9:18 PM
So does anyone know what nature best fits a Xerneas? Or at least what his base stats are? I did some research but no luck so far..

Sort of urgent since I'm at him now and can't continue the game since I don't want to end up with a bad natured version.. :p

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-xy-data-collection.3489182/

Speed raising stats are probably better. Focus on that and Sp. Atk as Xerneas is not known to get Play Rough.

Aiseya
13th October 2013, 9:43 PM
Just caught Xerneas in the yellow with my first throw... a luxury ball. I'm guessing that he's just easier to catch? Or did I just have weird luck?

Mysteryem
13th October 2013, 10:18 PM
Edit: Stream highlight is up, I can't post links though, so go to werster/c/3078961 on twitch.tv to see it.
Alternative youtube link: watch?v=7tBw_BlO7u4

Werster just caught Articuno on his stream by battling it in the Sea Spirit's Den (it did not make any attempt to flee).

It is unknown if there is a specific method to force the legendary birds there. Apparently he saw it was there using the pokedex, used fly to get near and it did not move from it's position after checking the pokedex again. Then he went into the cave, walked forward and the battle started.

Edit: While it may or not be useful, more info:
Time of capture, around 11:30 (looks like AM)
His 3DS was left on all night (though it was sleeping)

ZelionX
13th October 2013, 10:39 PM
(Stream highlight will be up later)

Werster just caught Articuno on his stream by battling it in the Sea Spirit's Den (it did not make any attempt to flee).

It is unknown if there is a specific method to force the legendary birds there. Apparently he saw it was there using the pokedex, used fly to get near and it did not move from it's position after checking the pokedex again. Then he went into the cave, walked forward and the battle started.

Edit: While it may or not be useful, more info:
Time of capture, around 11:30 (looks like AM)
His 3DS was left on all night (though it was sleeping)

Hm. maybe you have to chase them to the Sea Spirit's Den to fight them or another specific location? If that's the case then I wonder what the point of them roaming is...

Mysteryem
13th October 2013, 10:47 PM
Hm. maybe you have to chase them to the Sea Spirit's Den to fight them or another specific location? If that's the case then I wonder what the point of them roaming is...
Yeah, that's a pretty good point, perhaps part of the roaming mechanic allows you to control what direction they go to next after fleeing *shrug*. The only other reason I can see for the roaming mechanic is to get them on your pokedex to track them, but that wouldn't be needed if they didn't roam in the first place.

I think there must be a reason that they have this roaming mechanic.

Also edited a youtube link into my previous post.

Edit: As Serebii has posted about this in the Discovery thread, may want to continue discussion of this over at the Discovery Discussion thread.

PoryGone222
13th October 2013, 11:00 PM
So is it safe to assume that Yveltal (and by extension, Xerneas) is shiny-locked? I don't want to waste my time soft resetting here.

Endless
13th October 2013, 11:03 PM
So the legendary birds will settle in Sea Spirit's Den. Well I hope this means that Lugia is the Sea Spirit and will be catchable there (however maybe only with an event).

If this is true then it is the first confirmation of Lugia's connection to the birds in a main game.

Taodragon
13th October 2013, 11:11 PM
So the legendary birds will settle in Sea Spirit's Den. Well I hope this means that Lugia is the Sea Spirit and will be catchable there (however maybe only with an event).

If this is true then it is the first confirmation of Lugia's connection to the birds in a main game.

I have to say I'm surprised that they may actually be connecting the group considering they ignored it for so long.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what becomes of it in future events.

Shraeder
14th October 2013, 12:39 AM
My Xerneas just learned Night Slash at level 51...

JTrainer
14th October 2013, 1:38 AM
Caught my Xerneas just last night. I was forced to, as KOing him would just trigger the fight again. Fortunately, I saved right before going into Team Flare's headquarters, and when I found out that this fight would be a "repeat of Reshiram", if you know what I mean, I went to get a timid synchronizer then came back to catch him. I think I can safely say that Xerneas has the same capture rate as Reshiram and Zekrom: 45. In other words, really easy to catch (I caught him in a poke ball on the 2nd try). The good news is that I think I may have captured a good one (it has a SpAtk of 144, and a speed of 129). I'm not certain though, and if it does have crappy IVs I'm going to consider getting a second X version to catch him again(just like I did with Black version XD).

Though this makes me wonder what would've happened if I faced Xerneas with all of my boxes full and my party filled up.

And I am relieved that Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are not "true" roamers and that they settle in one place as stationary pokemon. That means I'll have a chance to RNG them! Well... once they figure out the mechanics for X and Y that is, which will probably take a while.
The same holds true for Yveltal in my Y version and Zygarde (in both); I'm not catching them until the RNG code is cracked (though I may go fight Zygarde occasionally just to hear the awesome battle music :))

Endolise
14th October 2013, 1:59 AM
I have to say I'm surprised that they may actually be connecting the group considering they ignored it for so long.

Given how much Gen I/Pokémania nostal(u)gia (had too) that they've packed into these games, I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if they retconnected Lugia and the Mirages. It may actually be kind of neat to see how they handle it. (I'm still placing tributes at their alter for bringing back the Unknown Dungeon, and I don't even like Gen I all that much.)

inb4 the Mirages actually summon Ho-Oh because Troll Freak

Freakshow
14th October 2013, 2:00 AM
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-xy-data-collection.3489182/

Speed raising stats are probably better. Focus on that and Sp. Atk as Xerneas is not known to get Play Rough.

We've found more evidence that every legendary in XY come with (at least) 3 perfect IVs (done by multiple resets, the IV checker guy confirming 3 perfect stats, and recurring stats), and as far as I'm concerned, Xerneas' and Yveltal's base stats are as follows:

HP: 126
Atk: 131
Def: 95
SpA: 131
SpD: 98
Spe: 99
Total: 680
(Odd, isn't it?)

These *should* be the exact base stats, but feel free to find contrary evidence~

T.W.I.
14th October 2013, 2:17 AM
I currently have Zapdos. If anyone has a Moltres/Articuno Im looking to try an experiment for Lugia.

Taodragon
14th October 2013, 2:52 AM
Given how much Gen I/Pokémania nostal(u)gia (had too) that they've packed into these games, I actually wouldn't be surprised at all if they retconnected Lugia and the Mirages. It may actually be kind of neat to see how they handle it. (I'm still placing tributes at their alter for bringing back the Unknown Dungeon, and I don't even like Gen I all that much.)

inb4 the Mirages actually summon Ho-Oh because Troll Freak

Agreed, I hope they expand on it though, it was pretty basic a connection compared to Arceus or Regigigas.

And of course they would, give Ho-oh two trios and poor Lugia none.

ZelionX
14th October 2013, 3:05 AM
Caught my Xerneas just last night. I was forced to, as KOing him would just trigger the fight again. Fortunately, I saved right before going into Team Flare's headquarters, and when I found out that this fight would be a "repeat of Reshiram", if you know what I mean, I went to get a timid synchronizer then came back to catch him. I think I can safely say that Xerneas has the same capture rate as Reshiram and Zekrom: 45. In other words, really easy to catch (I caught him in a poke ball on the 2nd try). The good news is that I think I may have captured a good one (it has a SpAtk of 144, and a speed of 129). I'm not certain though, and if it does have crappy IVs I'm going to consider getting a second X version to catch him again(just like I did with Black version XD).

Though this makes me wonder what would've happened if I faced Xerneas with all of my boxes full and my party filled up.

And I am relieved that Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres are not "true" roamers and that they settle in one place as stationary pokemon. That means I'll have a chance to RNG them! Well... once they figure out the mechanics for X and Y that is, which will probably take a while.
The same holds true for Yveltal in my Y version and Zygarde (in both); I'm not catching them until the RNG code is cracked (though I may go fight Zygarde occasionally just to hear the awesome battle music :))

But wouldn't it still be impossible to RNG them because they start out roaming? It seems like you're banking on the chance that their stats aren't generated until the final encounter in the Sea Spirit Den...

himynameisAD
14th October 2013, 3:14 AM
anyone know if its possible to catch yveltal and xerneas at a later time then when you are forced to fight them?

shadowF
14th October 2013, 3:27 AM
So mewtwo has no role in the plot?

Shraeder
14th October 2013, 3:28 AM
Does anyone know Xerneas's level up learnset?

Taodragon
14th October 2013, 3:32 AM
Does anyone know Xerneas's level up learnset?

The furthest I've seen is up to lv 63:

Lv<50 - Heal Pulse
Lv<50 - Aromatherapy
Lv<50 - Ingrain
Lv<50 - Take Down
Lv<50 - Light Screen
Lv<50 - Aurora Beam
Lv<50 - Gravity
Lv<50 - Geomancy
Lv<50 - Moonblast
Lv<50 - Megahorn
Lv51 - Night Slash
Lv55 - Horn Leech
Lv59 - Psych Up
Lv63 - Misty Terrain

Shraeder
14th October 2013, 4:08 AM
The furthest I've seen is up to lv 63:

Lv<50 - Heal Pulse
Lv<50 - Aromatherapy
Lv<50 - Ingrain
Lv<50 - Take Down
Lv<50 - Light Screen
Lv<50 - Aurora Beam
Lv<50 - Gravity
Lv<50 - Geomancy
Lv<50 - Moonblast
Lv<50 - Megahorn
Lv51 - Night Slash
Lv55 - Horn Leech
Lv59 - Psych Up
Lv63 - Misty Terrain

Well that's underwhelming...

I'm surprised mine couldn't learn Shadow Ball(TM)

Pilpulp
14th October 2013, 7:07 AM
Yeah... So I caught Yvetal with a pokeball with only one water pulse worth of damage...

fitzy909
14th October 2013, 7:12 AM
Yeah... So I caught Yvetal with a pokeball with only one water pulse worth of damage...

i have heard a few stories like this, so i think that these legendaries must have high catch rates. possibly higher than reshiram and zekrom ,which had a catch rate of 45.

Endolise
14th October 2013, 7:13 AM
So mewtwo has no role in the plot?

Nope, none at all. The only plot-relevant Legendary Pokémon are Xerneas and Yveltal.

Confusious
14th October 2013, 7:14 AM
Anybody else laugh when they saw that Arceus, the god of all Pokemon, was moved into the Fairy type?

Something seems seriously wrong with that.

Pilpulp
14th October 2013, 7:17 AM
Right now I'm attempting to catch Mewtwo with a pokeball - It's at a sliver of red health with no status conditions, I don't know why but I just need .it in a pokeball

Edit: Forgot it had recover :(

HostileKangaroo
14th October 2013, 7:19 AM
Right now I'm attempting to catch Mewtwo with a pokeball - It's at a sliver of red health with no status conditions, I don't know why but I just need .it in a pokeball

If you can try paralyzing it. You can get low level pokemon like Vivillion with sun spore.

BCVM22
14th October 2013, 7:19 AM
Anybody else laugh when they saw that Arceus, the god of all Pokemon, was moved into the Fairy type?

Something seems seriously wrong with that.

It wasn't. It's listed among the Fairy-types because a Fairy-type plate - the Pixie Plate - was added.

You'll find Arceus listed among the other 16 types besides Normal for the same reason.

onirenkai
14th October 2013, 7:44 AM
I was running with eggs and entered in the grass on route 7 and suddenly...

fitzy909
14th October 2013, 8:51 AM
I was running with eggs and entered in the grass on route 7 and suddenly...

all three legendary birds are in the game. apparently, you have to try to battle them at least 12 times. Then they will go to the sea spirit's den where you can actually battle them.

Prelex
14th October 2013, 9:49 AM
To get the legendary birds you have to do the following.
Find the bird for the first time.
Then find the bird 10 more times.
After you do this it will move to a cave where you can catch it.

source: Just watched Werster do the full process at twitch.tv/werster

edit: Werster also just tried bringing the three legendary birds to Sea Shore Den and nothing happens.

Cingen
14th October 2013, 9:50 AM
So do legendaries come with full perfect or only in 3 stats? If only in 3, does anyone have an estimate of what Xerneas his SpAtk and Speed should be for perfect IVs right after catching?

saldu
14th October 2013, 11:10 AM
I'm not there yet, but I can't decide which Nature to go for with Yveltal.
Both Yveltal and Xerneas' stats and currently known moves suggest that they have a strong mixed set, with Yveltal leaning towards offense and Xerneas towards bulk.
Maybe +Spd -Def for Yveltal, hm.

So do legendaries come with full perfect or only in 3 stats? If only in 3, does anyone have an estimate of what Xerneas his SpAtk and Speed should be for perfect IVs right after catching?

Is there something new in this Gen or why would they have any default-perfect IVs at all?

Trainer Yusuf
14th October 2013, 11:13 AM
Is there something new in this Gen or why would they have any default-perfect IVs at all?

Fanservice, I guess. Also, probably to ensure that the mascot legendaries won't suck.

saldu
14th October 2013, 11:20 AM
Well, if there really are at least 3 auto-perfect IVs, it should be quite easy to check with a few catches and noting down stats. (do you have the masterball at that point, to speed up the process?)

Trainer Yusuf
14th October 2013, 11:28 AM
Well, if there really are at least 3 auto-perfect IVs, it should be quite easy to check with a few catches and noting down stats. (do you have the masterball at that point, to speed up the process?)

You should obtain it (way) before the battle, but it doesn't really matter, since many of the people on Smogon as well as people elsewhere tested it, it doesn't matter.

saldu
14th October 2013, 11:37 AM
You should obtain it (way) before the battle, but it doesn't really matter, since many of the people on Smogon as well as people elsewhere tested it, it doesn't matter.

If so many people tested it, why do we not know if it's 3 perfect IVs or all perfect IVs?

Trainer Yusuf
14th October 2013, 11:42 AM
If so many people tested it, why do we not know if it's 3 perfect IVs or all perfect IVs?

They took it to the stat judge and he only mentioned three stats. (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-xy-data-collection.3489182/page-19#post-4883281)

Edit: Nevermind, this was for Zygarde.

T.W.I.
14th October 2013, 12:46 PM
Update on my last post, I have someone willing to lend me their Moltres.

If anyone has an Articuno to lend me, I wanna take all 3 birds to the Den for possibly Lugia.

Trainer Yusuf
14th October 2013, 12:51 PM

If anyone has an Articuno to lend me, I wanna take all 3 birds to the Den for possibly Lugia.

Don't bother. It has been tested that that doesn't work.

Volvagia
14th October 2013, 12:51 PM
Do they really have 3 perfect IVs? Would like to check for myself, mind telling me where the IV checking guy is?

K-B-K
14th October 2013, 12:58 PM

As great as that would be, it doesn't seem likely to happen.

Still, one of the great things about no one being able to hack the 3DS is that it's not impossible for there to be more legendary Pokemon to find.

Neidhardt
14th October 2013, 1:01 PM
Downloaded on Friday night just got Mewtwo and Zygarde. Soft reset about 20 times and got a 31/30 average IV's on my Mewtwo. I'm really interested in the chamber of emptyness I hope that's expanded on. Right now I'm hunting to get an adamant absol with a decent IV spread >_>. I hate IV's so much Super training is a godsend though.

T.W.I.
14th October 2013, 1:58 PM
Don't bother. It has been tested that that doesn't work.

That sucks :/ Still gonna try it for peace of mind. Plus, I need articuno dex entry anyways XD

Blackjack the Titan
14th October 2013, 3:37 PM
Does Xerneas have different forms? What kind are there?

Endolise
14th October 2013, 3:46 PM
Does Xerneas have different forms? What kind are there?

It doesn't have "forms" per se; more like "modes" that are similar to the overdrive modes of Reshiram, Zekrom, White Kyurem, and Black Kyurem. They have no effect on its stats and are merely aesthetic. In battle, Xerneas will look as it usually does with its glowing antlers, but outside of battle, its antlers and some of the patterns on its body will take on a muted blue-green color.

Yveltal does not have such "modes," nor does Zygarde.

The Winchesters
14th October 2013, 4:05 PM
I just caught Yveltal in a quick ball. No messing about first turn nothing else required.
Was this a fluke of pokenature or is the capture rate for this one excessively low?

JTrainer
14th October 2013, 4:13 PM
But wouldn't it still be impossible to RNG them because they start out roaming? It seems like you're banking on the chance that their stats aren't generated until the final encounter in the Sea Spirit Den...

It wouldn't be a huge loss if I couldn't rng them, as I have ones in my 5th gen games to transfer in december. The only thing that would really make it suck to not rng them is if they came with their hidden abilities.

Trainer Yusuf
14th October 2013, 4:14 PM
I just caught Yveltal in a quick ball. No messing about first turn nothing else required.
Was this a fluke of pokenature or is the capture rate for this one excessively low?

As nobody struggled with it, they assume that it has a high catch rate.

Endless
14th October 2013, 4:15 PM
It is probably low, as it is important to the story (I think you have to catch it, or it will respawn?) so i would guess 45 like Reshiram and Zekrom.

Endolise
14th October 2013, 4:18 PM
My Yveltal is naive and takes plenty of siestas.

I just love it when the nature and characteristic de-mystify a Legendary.

Now to stick him in Amie...

KingDarkHero
14th October 2013, 4:19 PM
Suicune available ?

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1381/75/1381758155724.jpg

Blackjack the Titan
14th October 2013, 4:24 PM
As nobody struggled with it, they assume that it has a high catch rate.

Well Quick Balls are the capsules for most of my past Legendaries, so I guess Catch rate is usually disregarded with the mechanics of Quick Balls.

My Yveltal is naive and takes plenty of siestas.

I just love it when the nature and characteristic de-mystify a Legendary.

Now to stick him in Amie...

Lmao giant bird in a friendly background.

Trainer Yusuf
14th October 2013, 4:27 PM
Well Quick Balls are the capsules for most of my past Legendaries, so I guess Catch rate is usually disregarded with the mechanics of Quick Balls.

Lmao giant bird in a friendly background.

Not really, Quick Ball just has a very high catch rate, X5 in the first turn since Gen V.

ZelionX
14th October 2013, 4:28 PM
Suicune available ?

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/vp/image/1381/75/1381758155724.jpg

Does Suicune show up in the Pokedex after it shows you that picture? I would certainly like to see Johto's trio appear in the games too. Of course this could just be a TrollFreak teaser lol

LizardonX
14th October 2013, 4:29 PM
Well I got screwed over for yveltal.

Bold.

Trainer Yusuf
14th October 2013, 4:30 PM
Does Suicune show up in the Pokedex after it shows you that picture? I would certainly like to see Johto's trio appear in the games too. Of course this could just be a TrollFreak teaser lol

It is the latter. The place just shows a bunch of random Pokémon each day. It is good for "seen" data I think, though.

Endolise
14th October 2013, 4:39 PM
Well I got screwed over for yveltal.

Bold.

Did you not save beforehand?

LizardonX
14th October 2013, 4:41 PM
Did you not save beforehand?

Before the final flare mob fight. Didnt know there wasn't an option to save after the last admin.

Darking-Lucario
14th October 2013, 4:51 PM
Suicune available ?

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/b...1758155724.jpg

Where is this house?

Dekimashda
14th October 2013, 4:53 PM
Same deal. Didn't expect the legendary to straight up attack you in this game. Alas it was Timid so I'm happy.

Just gotta figure out which IV's are maxed. It likes to thrash about so there's 2 more max'd stats? Or is it just straight up perfect? Been looking around but there's no straight up answers.

Tabris
14th October 2013, 4:56 PM
Same deal. Didn't expect the legendary to straight up attack you in this game. Alas it was Timid so I'm happy.

Just gotta figure out which IV's are maxed. It likes to thrash about so there's 2 more max'd stats? Or is it just straight up perfect? Been looking around but there's no straight up answers.
Seems that you're guaranteed 3 perfect IVs. Even though it isn't entirely accurate, I plugged my Xerneas's stats into Pokeshowdown and it gave me 3 x perfect IVs. A few pics of stats that I've seen seem to have similar spreads too.

Decided to soft reset until I get a Timid one now.

Trainer Yusuf
14th October 2013, 4:57 PM
Where is this house?

It is a café in the Laverre City(6th Gym). (http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14582625/)

Darking-Lucario
14th October 2013, 5:02 PM
She shows Suicune indeed, but when I look for the location, it says Area Unknown.

K-B-K
14th October 2013, 5:04 PM
She shows Suicune indeed, but when I look for the location, it says Area Unknown.

Well, looking at the latest link, it seems that she doesn't just show Suicune.

Pilpulp
14th October 2013, 5:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that you pay to eat in the cafes, and then after you eat you can talk to people and they show you pokemon to fill your pokedex. Apparently the person who took that picture had a fennekin, so they got shown suicune maybe, whereas someone who picked chespin would see entei. I would also assume you would have to pay to eat on the terrace or whatever (the most expensive) to see the suicine, as opposed to the $100 one where someone would show you a bidoof. Thats what I think.

Also, I gave up on trying to catch a mewtwo in a pokeball and decided I would use my masterball on it, so I kept SR'ing until I got modest Mewtwo, it dropped the Y stone, which I beleive boosts its Special Attack. This is perfect with the modest nature. So its clear I should super train its special attack, but what else is good for it? Speed and HP? Speed and defense? Defense and HP? Lemme know.

Endless
14th October 2013, 5:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that you pay to eat in the cafes, and then after you eat you can talk to people and they show you pokemon to fill your pokedex. Apparently the person who took that picture had a fennekin, so they got shown suicune maybe, whereas someone who picked chespin would see entei. I would also assume you would have to pay to eat on the terrace or whatever (the most expensive) to see the suicine, as opposed to the $100 one where someone would show you a bidoof. Thats what I think.

Also, I gave up on trying to catch a mewtwo in a pokeball and decided I would use my masterball on it, so I kept SR'ing until I got modest Mewtwo, it dropped the Y stone, which I beleive boosts its Special Attack. This is perfect with the modest nature. So its clear I should super train its special attack, but what else is good for it? Speed and HP? Speed and defense? Defense and HP? Lemme know.
I started with Froakie and she still showed me Suicune.

Thoorium
14th October 2013, 6:20 PM
I started with Froakie and she still showed me Suicune.

I wonder if what she said has something to do with the Reflection Cave. I'm doing the other cafe, maybe I'll find more legendaries.

Edit: Didn't find any other similar case in other cafe's.

ZenixNet
14th October 2013, 9:32 PM
I wonder if what she said has something to do with the Reflection Cave. I'm doing the other cafe, maybe I'll find more legendaries.

Edit: Didn't find any other similar case in other cafe's.

I'm checking out the cave right now. Nothing yet...

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
14th October 2013, 9:35 PM
I need help with a nature for Xerneas. I am afraid it learns lots of good attacking moves and not just special. I am thinking modest or timid right now... but I do not know what physical moves it learns.

Amaretto
14th October 2013, 9:48 PM
Just asking.. is it true that Yveltal is learning Judgment??

ZenixNet
14th October 2013, 9:49 PM
Found this location in Reflection Cave... looks awfully Legendary to me...

i.imgur.com/kAM0bcU.jpg

Endolise
14th October 2013, 10:01 PM

i.imgur.com/kAM0bcU.jpg

That could be the place that you're supposed to bring Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus to in order to change their Formes; a scientist in Reflection Cave mentions that the Reveal Glass may not be a one-of-a-kind item.

Atomicial
14th October 2013, 10:03 PM

i.imgur.com/kAM0bcU.jpg

I agree with what you are thinking there. Do you guys think there actually might be a new legendary trio not yet seen? Or do you guys think that the legendary birds are the trio for Kalos as well? If the latter is true it would kind of suck - but would also make sense considering this region has a lot of Kanto roots (like the 3 starters found and such).

It might also be that since no real story spoilers are being put out yet that the true trio of this generation hasn't been mentioned yet. Not sure though. It's a little strange to me.

Also in my opinion the Musketeer pokemon from Gen V seem to fit much better in Gen VI. With the whole based off of France thing that is. 8I

Thoorium
14th October 2013, 10:04 PM

i.imgur.com/kAM0bcU.jpg

That's where you find the Alakazam megastone between 8pm and 9pm after you got the upgrade. I was thinking more of something you can see in the reflection that you don't on your side of the mirror. Still investigating.

Excitable Boy
14th October 2013, 10:04 PM
That could be the place that you're supposed to bring Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus to in order to change their Formes; a scientist in Reflection Cave mentions that the Reveal Glass may not be a one-of-a-kind item.

IIRC the scientist gives you Reveal Glass; the spot in the cave that's glowy is where Alakazamite is found.

Lorde
14th October 2013, 10:05 PM

I got my hopes up for a minute thinking that Suicune and the other Legendary Beasts would be found in the games. Oh well. I guess I should just be glad that apparently it's possible to change Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus' forms in these games; I didn't get to do that in B2/W2.

Thoorium
14th October 2013, 10:05 PM
Trying to find clues about Entei.. Maybe in the mountains?

Also on a side-note, maybe the event legendaries we've just got could start something ingame ? Wouldn't be the first time.

Endolise
14th October 2013, 10:06 PM
IIRC the scientist gives you Reveal Glass

Does she? Do you need to have them with you or something in order to trigger that? She didn't give me anything. :7

Kevii23
14th October 2013, 10:07 PM

i.imgur.com/kAM0bcU.jpg

That's where you can find the Alakazam Megastone postgame.

Excitable Boy
14th October 2013, 10:08 PM
Does she? Do you need to have them with you or something in order to trigger that? She didn't give me anything. :7

yeah, you probably need the genies

same with the guy who asks about Genesect and the girl talking about Gracidea

Thoorium
14th October 2013, 10:27 PM
This is the location you have to bring Tornadus, Thundurus or Landorus to get their other form, I'm 99% sure.

i.imgur.com/S6mUdFG.jpg

Atomicial
14th October 2013, 11:10 PM
It appears that Smogon has the base stats for the 3 new legendaries:

Xerneas + Yvetal:

Sp. Atk: 131
Sp. Def: 98
Spd: 99

Zygarde:

HP: 130
Atk: 95
Def: 130
Sp. Atk: 95
Sp. Def: 130
Spd: 100

Looks like Lugia, Giratina and Cresselia have competition for a wall ( .-. )

Paralititan
14th October 2013, 11:14 PM
It appears that Smogon has the base stats for the 3 new legendaries:

Xerneas + Yvetal:

Sp. Atk: 131
Sp. Def: 98
Spd: 99

Zygarde:

HP: 130
Atk: 95
Def: 130
Sp. Atk: 95
Sp. Def: 130
Spd: 100

Looks like Lugia, Giratina and Cresselia have competition for a wall ( .-. )

Damn, Zygarde's a defensive beast. Lugia's adavantage would be it's speed though, and perhaps movepool? Also, it has somewhat higher base SPDef and Zygarde has 4x ice weakness.

Atomicial
14th October 2013, 11:20 PM
Damn, Zygarde's a defensive beast. Lugia's adavantage would be it's speed though, and perhaps movepool? Also, it has somewhat higher base SPDef and Zygarde has 4x ice weakness.

Strangely enough the signature moves are these:

Xernea's Geomancy: Sharply Raises Sp. Atk, Sp. Def and Spd on turn 2 Fairy type
Yvetal's Oblivion Wing: Damage 80 - recovers 75% of Damage Flying Type
Zygarde's Land's Wrath- Power 90 No additional affect Ground type

Game Freak must have REALLY wanted to change the Game play.

Some of the other moves Zygarde has are nice though. Like Sleep Talk, Rest, Safeguard and more.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
14th October 2013, 11:22 PM
Are those really confirmed? Proof?

mew 2000
15th October 2013, 12:50 AM
so otehr then xeneras yvetal and zergrande are there any other legendarys to catch? i just beat the game so i'm looking for them

Endolise
15th October 2013, 1:00 AM
so otehr then xeneras yvetal and zergrande are there any other legendarys to catch? i just beat the game so i'm looking for them

Only Mewtwo, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres as far as we know.

Hydrohs
15th October 2013, 1:00 AM

The three Legendary Birds from Kanto roam, and Mewtwo is in the game as well.

shadowF
15th October 2013, 1:07 AM
I hate how we can only get one of the legendary birds and not all 3! so in the end we can only catch 3 legendaries.

Atomicial
15th October 2013, 1:10 AM
There has to be more legends. If not this was sort of a rip off. 8/ I wonder how the people complaining about too many legends in Gen V are taking the lack of legends in Gen VI...

Endolise
15th October 2013, 1:19 AM
There has to be more legends. If not this was sort of a rip off. 8/

Yes because the number of Legendary Pokémon available is the sole determining factor of a Pokémon game's value.

Bluemage21
15th October 2013, 1:22 AM
I wonder how the people complaining about too many legends in Gen V are taking the lack of legends in Gen VI...[/QUOTE]

Nope, not taking it back at all, nice that there aren't a bunch of legendary pokemon.

Atomicial
15th October 2013, 1:24 AM
There has to be more legends. If not this was sort of a rip off. 8/ I wonder how the people complaining about too many legends in Gen V are taking the lack of legends in Gen VI...

I wonder how the people complaining about too many legends in Gen V are taking the lack of legends in Gen VI...

Nope, not taking it back at all, nice that there aren't a bunch of legendary pokemon.[/quote]

Alrighty then. I'm sorry to sound like a jerk about that. I know quite a lot of people who are complaining about that though. Although it is mostly just on showdown...

ebevan91
15th October 2013, 1:31 AM
I wonder how the people complaining about too many legends in Gen V are taking the lack of legends in Gen VI...

Nope, not taking it back at all, nice that there aren't a bunch of legendary pokemon.[/QUOTE]

There were too many legendaries in V, not enough in VI. I think 7-10 is the sweet spot. Hey at least they don't take up around 1/9th of the new Pokemon like with 4th gen.

Dekimashda
15th October 2013, 2:33 AM
Think I'm one of the few who actually liked having heaps of legendaries? Made it more exciting when you could travel to obscure places and be rewarded with more than just an x accuracy, a nugget or some other random item.

Endolise
15th October 2013, 2:41 AM
Think I'm one of the few who actually liked having heaps of legendaries? Made it more exciting when you could travel to obscure places and be rewarded with more than just an x accuracy, a nugget or some other random item.

I liked having a lot of Legendary Pokémon since I've always been more interested in the story than anything else, but I'm not upset by the shortage of them in Gen VI.

Psynergy
15th October 2013, 2:49 AM
I liked having a lot of Legendary Pokémon since I've always been more interested in the story than anything else, but I'm not upset by the shortage of them in Gen VI.

Same. I think the rest of the game totally makes up for the lack of new Pokemon in general. Though it would have been nice if there were a few more legendaries, either way.

And I'm totally surprised by what the IV Judge says about my Yveltal. Hasty nature with perfect IV's in HP, Attack, Defense, and Speed, but he says its Special Attack "won't even scratch an opponent" (which I presume means 0). I guess it must be true about having 3 perfect IV's, because this was my first attempt.

Bluemage21
15th October 2013, 2:57 AM
Same. I think the rest of the game totally makes up for the lack of new Pokemon in general. Though it would have been nice if there were a few more legendaries, either way.

And I'm totally surprised by what the IV Judge says about my Yveltal. Hasty nature with perfect IV's in HP, Attack, Defense, and Speed, but he says its Special Attack "won't even scratch an opponent" (which I presume means 0). I guess it must be true about having 3 perfect IV's, because this was my first attempt.

It is true about the 3 random ivs being 31, i have been trying to get a modest or timid one, and it easy to tell

201/151/115/151/118/119

These are the 31 iv neutral nature stats for each stat.