PDA

View Full Version : General Gameplay & Battle Mechanics Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Wulava
10th October 2013, 6:46 AM
Discuss the new gameplay features, changes and battle mechanics introduced in Pokemon X & Y here.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

If you wish to exchange 3DS Friend Codes, please use our Official 3DS Friend Code Exchange Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?503546-Official-3DS-Friend-Code-Thread).

Hasty
10th October 2013, 1:58 PM
Kecleon has a new ability called Protean that changes the Pokémon's type to the type of the move it just used.
Wow that sounds cool.

pokeaussie37
10th October 2013, 2:21 PM
Does anyone think Game Freak missed a trick with Inverse Battles? I'd have really liked to see a Psychic type move do that, a la Magic Room, Trick Room and Wonder Room!

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 2:53 PM
Does anyone think Game Freak missed a trick with Inverse Battles? I'd have really liked to see a Psychic type move do that, a la Magic Room, Trick Room and Wonder Room!

Then they wouldn't be able to have a whole Battle style based around it.

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 2:56 PM
I am surprised that GameFreak is still doing ability retcons even after the Mega Evolutions. I mean, obviously the ones that get new abilities won't get Mega Evolutions, but still this is very nice. I hope the amount is at least only 10 or so less than 89 something retcons D/P did.

Also, Ice-type is now a great type. I am amused.

Hasty
10th October 2013, 2:59 PM
That's a cool idea... But how will it work with immunities? Will they just stay as immunities in Inverse Battles?

Haha, yes, it's the Steel type of Wonderland.

Ej190
10th October 2013, 3:09 PM
So i guess in inverse battles pokemon with 4x resistance become 4x weak and vice versa? Did i get that right? Cuz if thats true then tyranatar and abomasnow r great mons here. Who is becomes good?

Psyduck Ranger
10th October 2013, 3:23 PM
Ice might become a great defensive type, but offensively it'll suck - every Dragon/Flying and Dragon/Ground will quad resist it! Mind you, Dragon gains weaknesses to grass, water, fire, electric...

WHOA Steel will SUCK defensively...that...wow...I mean, I guess it'll have great defensive stats still, but weak to almost everything...

But that does sound really cool, an entirely different way to play...I don't remember resistances nearly as well as I remember weaknesses. Also curious about immunities. Do they become OHKO? :P

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 3:24 PM
Joe's discovery thread mentions Move Tutor, shouldn't it be Move Relearner? Or do we actually have a Move Tutor in the first set of games for the first time ever?

Wulava
10th October 2013, 3:27 PM
The VS Seeker is in the game!
Although it's found post-game...

EDIT: It was actually the VS Recorder. Meh.

pikadon92
10th October 2013, 3:32 PM
I am surprised that GameFreak is still doing ability retcons even after the Mega Evolutions. I mean, obviously the ones that get new abilities won't get Mega Evolutions, but still this is very nice. I hope the amount is at least only 10 or so less than 89 something retcons D/P did.

Would that explain the last gym leader using ice Pokemon? He might use this new battle to gain advantage.

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 3:36 PM
Would that explain the last gym leader using ice Pokemon? He might use this new battle to gain advantage.

Serebii stated that you only encounter this battle with a single Psychic NPC. Gym Leaders go by the standard rules.

Endolise
10th October 2013, 3:38 PM
False alarm! It was the VS Recorder.

MasterofArcanine
10th October 2013, 3:45 PM
ah rats. The VS Recorder.

saldu
10th October 2013, 4:00 PM
Just got my game.
Disappointingly, you can only select the language of the game once, and need to completely restart if you want to change the language.

iKarlCPFC
10th October 2013, 5:13 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to discuss.

Is this the first Pokémon game that we could see DLC experimented with?

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 5:16 PM

No paid DLC will be made, and no rebalancing will be made either. Masuda confirmed all of these. It is likely that we won't see any additional region patches as they decided to not have a key system because they believed that they have managed to balance the game well. Besides those, we have no clue what they will do aside from events.

iKarlCPFC
10th October 2013, 5:17 PM
No paid DLC will be made, and no rebalancing will be made either. Masuda confirmed all of these. It is likely that we won't see any additional region patches as they decided to not have a key system because they believed that they have managed to balance the game well. Besides those, we have no clue what they will do aside from events.

Fair enough. I didn't really think DLC is the Pokémon way.

I hope they balance out the special events as well. Japan/America get much more than Europe.

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 5:17 PM

Potentially, however it's already been confirmed that there wont be any game-changing DLC. Masuda has said as much.

Hasty
10th October 2013, 6:48 PM
Do we know if there will be Pokemon that aren't catchable in XY (missing Pokemon in the regional Dex, maybe even starters and legendaries) which will appear in the Friend Safari?

SkyBlue
10th October 2013, 6:51 PM
The great and powerful abilities: Drizzle, Drought, and Snow warning have been nerfed? Do thine eyes deceive me?
Though 5 turns is still not really a nerf, but it not lasting forever is a great change ^.^

General Nonsense
10th October 2013, 7:36 PM
The great and powerful abilities: Drizzle, Drought, and Snow warning have been nerfed? Do thine eyes deceive me?
Though 5 turns is still not really a nerf, but it not lasting forever is a great change ^.^

Yup, they've been nerfed. Honestly, I don't like that change, weather effects were good in the battle subway and such =/

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 7:39 PM
5 turns is still plenty of time, really. You could always switch out and switch them back in.

Sneasel Lover
10th October 2013, 7:52 PM
Dat weather nerf. Very much needed.

DarkScythe96
10th October 2013, 8:22 PM
Using the Ability Capsule (item) and Trick (move) in combination could theoretically allow you to switch your abilities mid battle! :D
Can anybody think of a pokemon who would benefit by switching abilities mid-battle?

On the flip side, who would suffer from a changed ability?
I know switching toxic orb Gliscor or Brelooms ability would wreck their whole strategy.

(I posted these on the X and Y discussion, but I think they are more appropriate here.)

Mays
10th October 2013, 8:32 PM
Is day and night not a thing anymore? usually it follows my time, but it's as bright as anything ingame

Bundalings
10th October 2013, 9:13 PM
Is day and night not a thing anymore? usually it follows my time, but it's as bright as anything ingame

Day/Night is definitely in the game. I hear the first part of the game is always daytime, then after a little while it starts showing time pass. I guess they didn't want kids starting out their adventure in the middle of the night. Also the first sequence is you waking up, I think...

Franzo
10th October 2013, 9:15 PM
Has anything been said about honey?
I found some on the route with hedges and the description mentions special trees.

Citizen Insane
10th October 2013, 9:16 PM
I found some on the route with hedges and the description mentions special trees.
It increases the chance of encountering horde battles.

Munchy
10th October 2013, 9:16 PM
I don't think Honey Trees are in the game, but the Honey is used to attract horde battles. Or that's what I've heard, not sure about it though.

Completion
10th October 2013, 9:22 PM
SO can someone tell me what Power Up Punch does?

Odious
10th October 2013, 9:26 PM

Does damage and increases attack

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 9:26 PM

After you hit with it, it boosts your Attack by one stage.

RayRighteous
10th October 2013, 9:49 PM
So that 200 battle point item that changes your pokemons ability- is it a single use or permenent item, and can it give my serperior it's hidden ability contrary? I just want to destroy pokes with my favorite snake.

Aurath8
10th October 2013, 9:56 PM
So that 200 battle point item that changes your pokemons ability- is it a single use or permenent item, and can it give my serperior it's hidden ability contrary? I just want to destroy pokes with my favorite snake.

I believe its a one use item, and I think it simply switches between primary and secondary abilities, such as switching from Sniper to Swift Swim on Kingdra.

Rakurai
10th October 2013, 9:58 PM
Spending 200 BP for a chance to change a Pokemon's ability once seems like a total rip-off, especially if you can't get hidden abilities with it.

Odious
10th October 2013, 10:02 PM
Spending 200 BP for a chance to change a Pokemon's ability once seems like a total rip-off, especially if you can't get hidden abilities with it.

It's a total rip-off in my eyes since most of the sought after ability's are Dream World ones not to mention getting 200 BP sounds like it would take a while

Aurath8
10th October 2013, 10:07 PM
It's a total rip-off in my eyes since most of the sought after ability's are Dream World ones not to mention getting 200 BP sounds like it would take a while

You get 1 BP per battle now, so you only have to do 200 battles instead of about 450 to get there.

Blazios
10th October 2013, 10:07 PM
Something I'm happy about is how attacks are all now spelled correctly.

It's finally called Feint Attack!

Odious
10th October 2013, 10:09 PM
You get 1 BP per battle now, so you only have to do 200 battles instead of about 450 to get there.

Still not worth the effort without the added effect of Dream world ability's but that's my opinion

J-Biz
10th October 2013, 10:12 PM
Anyone have the game and know where the Fishing Rod is? Don't want to think I've missed it, after catching a Magikarp :)

Afrodisiac
10th October 2013, 10:15 PM

http://www.serebii.net/xy/temp/00203.png

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 10:24 PM

No one knows yet whether it's single use or infinite, but it dies not switch to Hidden Abilities.

Nevans
10th October 2013, 10:30 PM
Do we have any new poison moves yet

Trainer Yusuf
10th October 2013, 10:34 PM
Not any that we know, but there should be at least one.

Mays
10th October 2013, 10:36 PM
Has it been laggy occasionally mid-battle for anyone? Specifically when it zooms upto their face

IrieFuse
10th October 2013, 10:36 PM
Something I'm happy about is how attacks are all now spelled correctly.

It's finally called Feint Attack!

really? that's cool I hope spacial rend finally gets corrected too, to spatial rend.
you guys think pokemon names will be retconned too? like victreebell and feralitgator?

Citizen Insane
10th October 2013, 10:41 PM

I think I saw Venom Drench and Belch IIRC.

Bundalings
10th October 2013, 10:42 PM
really? that's cool I hope spacial rend finally gets corrected too, to spatial rend.
you guys think pokemon names will be retconned too? like victreebell and feralitgator?

Spacial is a legitimate alternate spelling of Spatial. Faint Attack meant something completely different, though, so I'm glad they fixed it.

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 10:53 PM

Don't count on any Pokemon name changes.

Rakurai
10th October 2013, 11:05 PM
They finally had the sense to boost Rock Romb's power to 60 and accuracy to 95, making it a somewhat usable move now.

Fury Cutter also had its BP doubled, making it more practical to use.

IrieFuse
10th October 2013, 11:05 PM
Spacial is a legitimate alternate spelling of Spatial. Faint Attack meant something completely different, though, so I'm glad they fixed it.

well that's true but I guess :p

and hydrohs, what makes you say that? not that I'm actually expecting pokemon name changes. it's just in a way, it's like why not?

I'm going to sound stupid if I missed it without realizing but it looks like there's no new gadget ala pokegear/pokenav/poketch/x-transceiver

I almost wanna include c-gear in that list but that's something else and it's been replaced by pss

Hydrohs
10th October 2013, 11:26 PM
and hydrohs, what makes you say that? not that I'm actually expecting pokemon name changes. it's just in a way, it's like why not?

That would be a pretty major change, don't you think? Even just adding a letter. It's the Pokemon's name, it's what it's been identified as forever. Moves are different, they don't matter as much.

IrieFuse
10th October 2013, 11:28 PM
That would be a pretty major change, don't you think? Even just adding a letter. It's the Pokemon's name, it's what it's been identified as forever. Moves are different, they don't matter as much.

well idk I just saw it as a name. i see move name changes as equal to pokemon name changes (as long as it's essentially the same name just different "corrected" spelling)
it's not like you're changing the design of the pokemon after 15 years, get me? but I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen because your reasoning makes enough sense too. I just personally don't see it as a big deal.

Blazios
10th October 2013, 11:36 PM
Fury Cutter also had its BP doubled, making it more practical to use.

It's actually Honedge's best move to use when you first catch it, thanks to No Guard.

Has anyone else mentioned that TM96 is Nature Power? Because it is Nature Power.

R_N
11th October 2013, 12:21 AM
It's actually Honedge's best move to use when you first catch it, thanks to No Guard.

Has anyone else mentioned that TM96 is Nature Power? Because it is Nature Power.

Oh really? This one, right? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nature_Power

If so that has potential for online, giving access to Earthquake to those that might want it...assuming they get Nature Power of course

Dragalge
11th October 2013, 12:28 AM
I'm thrilled that weather abilities has been nerfed. The Hidden Power Base Power change is also a welcome to me as I don't have to worry about the power of Hidden Power anymore too.

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 12:30 AM
I always thought having pretty well every aspect of Hidden Power affected by IVs was pretty silly, so that's a nice change.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 12:33 AM
I don't understand the nerfs to special attacks. I do hope they nerfed things like Close Combat and Flare Blitz as well, because players will just focus on using physical attackers even more otherwise.

They're already more prevalent then special attackers, in part because their stat boosting moves have a much higher distribution then their special equivalents.

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 12:38 AM
I don't understand the nerfs to special attacks.

I do hope they nerfed things like Close Combat and Flare Blitz as well, because players will just focus on using physical attackers even more otherwise.

I actually wondered about that as well, we've had all these moves unchanged since Gen I, so why now?

Aura Flare Riolu
11th October 2013, 12:42 AM
Wait so Nature Power is a TM? That's pretty awesome! If you have access to it, definitely use it over Earthquake due to higher PP. (Wi-Fi only)

I actually wondered about that as well, we've had all these moves unchanged since Gen I, so why now?

Blizzard had 90% Accuracy and Fire Blast had 30% Burn chance in Gen 1. Thunder is unchanged iirc until now.

Also for those that want Feraligatr to be called Feraligator, the character limit is increased so just nicknamed them that. XD

PMG
11th October 2013, 12:46 AM
so happy about HP having a set base power shame it wasn't 70 but I can live with 60 :D

loving everything ive seen so far cant wait to use Lapras to surf on :p

Bluemage21
11th October 2013, 12:46 AM

Actually, they have been changed at least some since the first gen. Blizzard originally had 90 acc in RBY for example. Actually, this gen is reminding me of second gen a lot, just like 5th was supposed to remind of first gen

low amount of pokemon
new type
tpe changes for old pokemon
a nerf to a OP type
changes to many old moves
and it seems like it is going to be a more defensive metagame, just like the second gen metagame was.

Blazios
11th October 2013, 12:52 AM
Wait so Nature Power is a TM? That's pretty awesome! If you have access to it, definitely use it over Earthquake due to higher PP. (Wi-Fi only)

Yeah, Skiddo, Flabébé, Bunnelby, Pikachu, Budew, Gulpin and the Elemental monkeys are what I have that can learn it so far.

(Watch it be nerfed back to Swift in link battles like it was in Gen III)

PMG
11th October 2013, 12:53 AM
I wonder if they increased the powers of weaker moves and nerfed the power of common moves so people would change up their move sets a bit?

LittleEvil
11th October 2013, 12:56 AM
what do we know of power-up punch?

Blazios
11th October 2013, 12:57 AM
I wonder if they increased the powers of weaker moves and nerfed the power of common moves so people would change up their move sets a bit?

And yet Cut is still a straight downgrade to Tackle...

pokébrony4869
11th October 2013, 1:24 AM
So what happened to hidden power?

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 1:30 AM

It's base power has been changed to 60, instead of relying on a Pokemon's IVs.

Dragalge
11th October 2013, 1:31 AM

It has a revamped power of 60 now. IVs still determine the type.

PMG
11th October 2013, 1:32 AM

it got better! :D

no need to worry about IV's if your using it now which is great! (unless you want a specific type)

Base 60 isn't 2 shabby for coverage in my eyes :p

Citizen Insane
11th October 2013, 1:32 AM
It's base power has been changed to 60, instead of relying on a Pokemon's IVs.

In some way I find this so much better. I never really bothered with Hidden Power's BP, but now I can at least expect a BP of 60 from opponents.

IrieFuse
11th October 2013, 1:33 AM
It has a revamped power of 60 now. IVs still determine the type.

I'm assuming there's a hp fairy now as well?

PMG
11th October 2013, 1:35 AM
I'm assuming there's a hp fairy now as well?

yup there will be :)

so any pokemon transferring from Gen 5 - 6 will have its HP type changed most likely to accommodate the new type

Bundalings
11th October 2013, 2:01 AM
I really hope when you transfer your Pokemon forward their HP type locks down. I have an awesome Omastar with HP Grass, but without HP Grass it would be pretty terrible.

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 2:13 AM
I really hope when you transfer your Pokemon forward their HP type locks down. I have an awesome Omastar with HP Grass, but without HP Grass it would be pretty terrible.

As long as it's based on IVs that wont be possible, your Hidden Power type could very well change.

FierceDeity1
11th October 2013, 2:15 AM
Quick question: Do the games heavily rely on the L and R buttons?

Phoenix6000
11th October 2013, 2:18 AM
what do we know of power-up punch?

Power-Up Punch is a physical move, fighting, with 40 BP. It raises attack by 1 stage 100% of the time.

Quick question: Do the games heavily rely on the L and R buttons?

Leakers haven't mentioned anything, so unless you're one of those L=A players.

MasterofArcanine
11th October 2013, 2:33 AM
Hey has anyone heard what is the Item Finder/ Dowsing Machine for this Generation?

ebevan91
11th October 2013, 2:57 AM
Is the Vs. Seeker in the games?

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 2:57 AM
No it is not.

ebevan91
11th October 2013, 2:58 AM
That's a bummer. That is my favorite feature out of all the games. It really helps for training for the E4.

Blazios
11th October 2013, 3:45 AM
Hey has anyone heard what is the Item Finder/ Dowsing Machine for this Generation?

You find it on Route 8, just before the second Gym (Cyllage City). You hold the Dowsing Machine up and the rods shoot beams of light out if there's an item nearby, which turn green and then red and cross if you're close to/next to the items

Also in Cyllage are the Rest and Sleep Talk are still TMs. You get them right next to each other. Seriously, there are two people at a table and you get one of them from each of them.

(Also an in game trade of your Luvdisc for their Steelix if you care about that)

MasterofArcanine
11th October 2013, 3:47 AM
Cool. thanks. I am glad we get early this time. Is it something you leave on like in gen 5 or something you have to turn on each time you use it.

Raro
11th October 2013, 4:07 AM
I thought that the discovery thread said that there is a Vs.Seeker? But after the E4

Blazios
11th October 2013, 4:10 AM
Well, my entire team has the Pokérus, so that's back, not like anyone thought it wouldn't be.

I thought that the discovery thread said that there is a Vs.Seeker? But after the E4

That was the Vs. Recorder.

Afrodisiac
11th October 2013, 4:10 AM

That was the Vs. Recorder

-Nator-
11th October 2013, 4:23 AM
Like Gen 5, we get no rematches. I guess they're continuing to encourage the use of the Lucky Egg and grinding in the wild.

Rykel22
11th October 2013, 4:27 AM
Isn't there that Battle Chateau. I don't think its set level like the Battle Mansion

Raro
11th October 2013, 4:30 AM
Oh, that's disappointing. What does the Vs. Recorder do?

Also, any news on a Battle Frontier / something similar?

Crimson_Blazer
11th October 2013, 4:40 AM
What about pkmn breeders? Do they rebattle you

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 4:49 AM
Well, my entire team has the Pokérus, so that's back, not like anyone thought it wouldn't be.

People would love you if you saved some Pokemon with it to trade, considering that nobody will be able to transfer their Pokerus Pokemon in from B/W for two months.

On a related note, does it boost Super Training EVs, per chance?

Blazios
11th October 2013, 5:00 AM
People would love you if you saved some Pokemon with it to trade, considering that nobody will be able to transfer their Pokerus Pokemon in from B/W for two months.

On a related note, does it boost Super Training EVs, per chance?

From the looks of things, it has no effect on the base stat gains of Super Training.

Also, it seems that Pokémon with at least 2 hearts of Affection in Pokémon Amie start getting boosted experience in battles.

confuser987
11th October 2013, 5:09 AM
During inverse battles, do immunites stay immunites or does it take some level of damage?

Lol, Pure poison types are gonna have it good with poison and grass weakness. But not as much as Ice, as ice will be the only one SE against itself.

I wonder if Inverse Normal will have no weaknesses and one resistance and one immunity.

jrmftw
11th October 2013, 5:25 AM
Wow, HP having a base 60 is brilliant for Pokemon that have the technician ability. I like this a lot, i might actually use it for once, because before it was too much hassle.
Having weather abilities limited in duration is good too, does it only last 5 turns? or can it last longer with heat rock items etc?

Also, has there been any word on whether day/night influences the percentage of finding wild Pokemon? It was my favourite feature form G/S/C.

Nevans
11th October 2013, 5:30 AM
I think I saw Venom Drench and Belch IIRC.

Good, what dose Venom Drench do?

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 5:33 AM
Lowers the special attack and speed of a poisoned Pokemon.

Too situational to be useful.

Aura Flare Riolu
11th October 2013, 5:39 AM
Also, has there been any word on whether day/night influences the percentage of finding wild Pokemon? It was my favourite feature form G/S/C.

I think they confirmed that Day and Night does not influence the rate of finding Pokemon or some Pokemon only appear at Night etc.

Lowers the special attack and speed of a poisoned Pokemon.

Too situational to be useful.
Toxic Spikes!

bentleyaaronj
11th October 2013, 6:06 AM
Does anyone have any proof that you can trade for another starter post game?

Blazios
11th October 2013, 6:13 AM
Knock Off has been buffed from 20 power to 65 but has had its PP reduced to 10.

SmellingSalt has been buffed to 70 power and is now called Smelling Salts.

Low Sweep now has 65 power.

Also, Pikachu has a different cry in the status screen than it does in battle.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 6:14 AM
No more Technician Low Sweep makes Ambipom and Breloom sad face.

The Knock Off change is wonderful, though.

Wulava
11th October 2013, 6:15 AM
Does anyone have any proof that you can trade for another starter post game?

I don't recall "trading", but all I know is that Shauna "gives" you the Gen 6 starter weak to yours.
So, if you picked Chespin, you get Froakie post-game. Pick Fennekin, get Chespin. Pick Froakie, get Fennekin.

shideravan
11th October 2013, 6:20 AM
Someone knows what new online thing will replace Dream World in X/Y?
It will be possible to get Pokémon that don't are in the games, such Ratatta?

Aura Flare Riolu
11th October 2013, 7:49 AM
Someone knows what new online thing will replace Dream World in X/Y?
It will be possible to get Pokémon that don't are in the games, such Ratatta?

Horde Encounters and the Friend Safari have Hidden Abilities so it's very unlikely!

shideravan
11th October 2013, 7:52 AM
Friend Safari zone? How it's works?
And how about PokéMileage Club?
What's that?

R_N
11th October 2013, 8:24 AM
I don't recall "trading", but all I know is that Shauna "gives" you the Gen 6 starter weak to yours.
So, if you picked Chespin, you get Froakie post-game. Pick Fennekin, get Chespin. Pick Froakie, get Fennekin.

"Given" via trade
Kanpachi specified trading her anything you'd like in exchange

absolfusion
11th October 2013, 9:36 AM
Where can hidden mega stones be found? Just lying on the ground? Do particular places have a set variety of mega stones?

Wulava
11th October 2013, 9:38 AM
"Given" via trade
Kanpachi specified trading her anything you'd like in exchange

Oh right. That. I can't believe I forgot that info...
Just to clarify, she'll accept any Pokemon right?

NightFire7
11th October 2013, 9:56 AM
Here is something I have been wondering. Will dual typed move negate immunities? For example will a fighting/dark type move hit a ghost type?

0danmaster0
11th October 2013, 10:11 AM
for those who lost track of all the new moves this link lists all the ones we know thus far http://pokemondb.net/move/generation/6

Takaru
11th October 2013, 10:22 AM
What happened to Ice Beam, Flamethorwer, and Thunderbolt?

Citizen Insane
11th October 2013, 10:27 AM
What happened to Ice Beam, Flamethorwer, and Thunderbolt?

Instead of 95, their base power is now 90.

Takaru
11th October 2013, 10:33 AM
What kind of random nerf...

Citizen Insane
11th October 2013, 10:35 AM
What kind of random nerf...

I know right? Though it's not that dramatic. Also, same happened with Surf.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 10:37 AM
So Misty Terrain is basically Safeguard with the added benefit of making Dragon type attacks weaker.

Here, I was thinking it would be a Ghost type weather, since I fail to see what mist has to do with faeries (Or why the heck it would weaken dragons, for that matter).

NightFire7
11th October 2013, 11:23 AM
Seems kind of random and unnecessary to lower the base power of flamethrower, ice beam and thunderbolt. I hope the probability of their side effects increase. I guess they wanted those moves which are starter types to match the power of leafblade. So now flamethrower, surf and leafblade are all base 90. Could be gamefreak trying to balance the game out a little too much.

FinchReese
11th October 2013, 11:48 AM
Does anybody think this game is too easy to level up? Maybe its just because I never played a game for that many hours.

But we are seeing screenshots of pokemon level 60, 70, 80+ after a week or so of playing?

Is that normal or is levelling up earlier?

I haven't actually owned a Pokemon game since Pearl

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 11:50 AM
The EXP All is a major contributor, plus Pokemon Amie apparently starts granting bonus EXP once a Pokemon hits a certain affection value.

This game has the highest endgame levels out of any generation so far, though.

FinchReese
11th October 2013, 11:52 AM
The EXP All is a major contributor, plus Pokemon Amie apparently starts granting bonus EXP once a Pokemon hits a certain affection value.

This game has the highest endgame levels out of any generation so far, though.

Yeah im not a fan of EXP all. I hope after a couple of weeks of playing you aren't going to have 50 (Maybe exaggeration) Pokémon at level 100. Sees kind of iffy, makes the games a lot easier.

saldu
11th October 2013, 11:53 AM
You also have easy access to the GTS from the start of the game, and can get the 50% exp boost by asking for the same pokemon you offer right from the start.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 11:58 AM
Yeah im not a fan of EXP all. I hope after a couple of weeks of playing you aren't going to have 50 (Maybe exaggeration) Pokémon at level 100. Sees kind of iffy, makes the games a lot easier.

All of the actual challenge as of late has pretty much only been in the postgame.

Between the Pokemon Amie benefits and Super Training, X/Y are likely to be the easiest games to finish out of any of them. Mega Pokemon are going to make the battle facilities a total nightmare, though.

JP Sonic
11th October 2013, 11:59 AM
There may be quite a few impressive new mechanics....but $5 says that when you get a gym leader or elite 4 low enough, they are gonna full restore like no tomorrow.
Ahh...some things never change

Nightblind249
11th October 2013, 12:29 PM
could someone explain to me how the exp system works again? I know its similar to gen 4 (if i recall right) but from what I read lvling is slightly quicker and so is the cash flow or is this only caused be the o powers?

Takaru
11th October 2013, 12:33 PM
At least the noticed the obvious EXP problem from the fifth gen.

Genos
11th October 2013, 12:34 PM
There may be quite a few impressive new mechanics....but $5 says that when you get a gym leader or elite 4 low enough, they are gonna full restore like no tomorrow.
Ahh...some things never changeI'm quite surprised their difficulty is a teensy bit higher. All though the downside is having less pokemon in their team.

TBFBri10
11th October 2013, 12:39 PM
Here is something I have been wondering. Will dual typed move negate immunities? For example will a fighting/dark type move hit a ghost type?

If I were to take a guess, it would be dependent on the main typing of the move. For instance, it says on pokemondb.net that Flying Press is a Fighting-type move that deals both fighting and flying damage. Since it's main is fighting, it won't be able to hit Ghost-type Pokemon since I'm assuming the fighting part of the move goes first.

This is just a logical guess and could be wrong.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 12:43 PM
I'd like to hope that the Pokemilage club has some interesting exclusive items to obtain from it.

I'm kind of doubting that Mega Stones are among them at this point, though.

TBFBri10
11th October 2013, 12:44 PM
I wonder if Whimsicott will learn Topsy-Turvy. I can just imagine the trolling already.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 1:06 PM
That would make it the mother of all counters to set-up sweepers.

I kind of doubt they'd make a Prankster user that good, honestly.

NightFire7
11th October 2013, 1:23 PM
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-xy-data-collection.3489182/ Why on earth are gamefreak nerfing moves like no tomorrow? Fire blast and blizzard both got reduced to 110 power

Lucario At Service
11th October 2013, 1:24 PM
So, we have Aerilate, Refrigerate and Pixelate, which turns Normal type moves into a different type. While we had Normalize from 4th Gen.

Wonder if we would get more "ate" type of abilities in this Gen. Hope all the remaining 14 types are also covered soon.

MasterofArcanine
11th October 2013, 1:24 PM
I'd like to hope that the Pokemilage club has some interesting exclusive items to obtain from it.

I'm kind of doubting that Mega Stones are among them at this point, though.

What I am curious about is it mentions the Torchic event on the main site of the PGL. Does that mean we get it over that or is it wifi?

shideravan
11th October 2013, 1:26 PM
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-xy-data-collection.3489182/ Why on earth are gamefreak nerfing moves like no tomorrow? Fire blast and blizzard both got reduced to 110 power

Because they want to balance metagame? O.o

Danielj89
11th October 2013, 1:26 PM
Hi, not sure if this is in the right place, but does anyone know how to start a new game? I can not figure it out! I regret my starter pokemon!!

Lucario At Service
11th October 2013, 1:41 PM
The changes to Hidden Power is really going to help pokemons like Mr. Mime & Roserade.

Not sure about the others though, since the loss of 10 BP may hurt many pokemons.

NightFire7
11th October 2013, 1:48 PM
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-xy-data-collection.3489182/page-7 well you know that frost breath always lands a critical hit? It seems like it just got raised to 60 while blizzard got lowered to 110. Plus with that extra accuracy frost breath should see a lot more competitive play on ice types.

saldu
11th October 2013, 2:07 PM
Hi, not sure if this is in the right place, but does anyone know how to start a new game? I can not figure it out! I regret my starter pokemon!!

It's in the digital manual which you can look into from the main 3ds menu.
Up+B+X on the titlescreen. I had to hold it while booting for it to work.

What I am curious about is it mentions the Torchic event on the main site of the PGL. Does that mean we get it over that or is it wifi?

You get it over wifi, according to the flyer inside the game case. The distribution starts at 1 a.m. on release day and lasts until January 15th.
I wish Victini would have been that long, since I missed that.

MasterofArcanine
11th October 2013, 2:14 PM
It's in the digital manual which you can look into from the main 3ds menu.
Up+B+X on the titlescreen. I had to hold it while booting for it to work.

You get it over wifi, according to the flyer inside the game case. The distribution starts at 1 a.m. on release day and lasts until January 15th.

Thanks. I wa worried for a second. Yeah. I actually have a extra one but I was going to trade it to someone. Give me a few days and If I don't hear from them I might be able to trade it to you.

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 2:17 PM

Is Mystery Gift unlocked from the start? I've been wondering this for a while.

saldu
11th October 2013, 2:33 PM
Is Mystery Gift unlocked from the start? I've been wondering this for a while.

Yes, it's unlocked as soon as you create your first savegame and softreset the game.

Zamin
11th October 2013, 2:48 PM
I am surprised by the graphics, I thought it would be similar to the 3DS Mystery Dungeon but it is a lot more cartoonlike than PMD. I was slightly disappointed but I'm sure I will adjust to it.

confuser987
11th October 2013, 3:37 PM
Now that Sky Drop's BP depends on weight and it will probably be fixed, will it be common alot in double battles?

Fairy Jon
11th October 2013, 4:11 PM
I can understand the nerf to Fire Blast given the 85 accuracy, but I'm not quite understanding Thunder and Blizzard. Is it because of the 100% within rain and hail?

Shining-Platinum
11th October 2013, 4:55 PM
Has anyone got any idea of how to delete your current save file for a new one? I tried up + B + select but it doesn't seem to work

(Just for future reference :D)

themilkshakeman
11th October 2013, 4:56 PM
Can someone please tell me where you get a Sun Stone in this game?

King Shuckle
11th October 2013, 5:11 PM
I am surprised by the graphics, I thought it would be similar to the 3DS Mystery Dungeon but it is a lot more cartoonlike than PMD. I was slightly disappointed but I'm sure I will adjust to it.

If you are referring to in-battle graphics, they wanted to maintain a style similar to how Ken Sugimori designed them. They stay true to his art.

Dr. Leggs
11th October 2013, 5:15 PM
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-xy-data-collection.3489182/page-7 well you know that frost breath always lands a critical hit? It seems like it just got raised to 60 while blizzard got lowered to 110. Plus with that extra accuracy frost breath should see a lot more competitive play on ice types.

Now that's interesting. Looks like Frost Breath might take the place of Ice Beam and Blizzard in competitive play?

Crimson_Blazer
11th October 2013, 5:18 PM
Has anyone got any idea of how to delete your current save file for a new one? I tried up + B + select but it doesn't seem to work

Up B X. Stated like 6 posts above yours...

The Imposter
11th October 2013, 5:20 PM

Up+B+X I believe.

Haven't gotten the game yet, but has anyone found trainers other than that Psychic who challenge you to inverse battles? It seems really creative and I hope they do more with it.

Blazios
11th October 2013, 5:42 PM
Sweet Scent now harshly reduces evasiveness.

Scientist in Reflection Cave claims that there may be more than the one Reveal Glass found in Unova.

TM74 is still Gyro Ball.

Eviolite is in Shalour City.

Hidden Power
11th October 2013, 6:10 PM
I heard that I've changed from 70 to 60 BP. Ouch.

Regardless, the changes to the battle mechanics is definitely interesting, even more so than new Pokemon for me. I've always wondered why weather-inducing abilities allow for infinite turns even when the Pokemon is no longer on the field. Like someone else mentioned though, I was expecting the countdown to start only when the Pokemon is switched/knocked out. I see this is an opportunity to have two tiers of weather-inducing abilities, one that acts like an auto weather move for non-legendary, and one that starts counting down only when the Pokemon is switched out, for the legendaries.

Improved accuracy for rock moves is a must. I personally find rock types to be at an disadvantage for having multiple common weaknesses AND moves with low accuracy.

I think the nerf to the 120 moves is a positive change, actually. I mean, why have a jump from 95 to 120 with nothing in between? Having a gradual change in terms of base power and its associated disadvantage (recoil damage, sharp drop in stats, lowered accuracy, confusion inducing etc) provides a greater variety of movepool.

NightFire7
11th October 2013, 6:13 PM
I only know that fire blast, blizzard and thunder got reduced to 110. Has there been any mention of the physical 120 moves such as flare blitz or brave bird?

Retro Tigress
11th October 2013, 6:24 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster :)

I'm extremely excited about the release of X & Y tomorrow, but would love to know a couple things before starting. Hopefully this is the right place.

Does anyone know how soon you can access the Day Care Center? I originally planned on soft resetting for a Froakie of preferred gender and nature and trading it over to my boyfriends game. After that I would then restart the game and soft reset until I get a Fennekin. It will take a while, then he wanted to do the same with all three starters. e_e

So, I thought it would be easier if we both pick our main choices (Fennekin for myself, Froakie for him and Chespin for his brother), then breed them and trade the eggs.

My only concern is how long it be before the Day Care Center, and/or a pokemon that can breed with the starters (Ditto?).

pokepim10
11th October 2013, 7:07 PM
At which point am i able to import pokemon from previous games?

Bluemage21
11th October 2013, 7:13 PM

Dec 27 when the pokebank starts, you get a free trial for a month to transfer pokemon from 5th gen to it, and then to 6th gen. after a month it is $5 a year.

Pokemon Ruler Kun
11th October 2013, 7:13 PM

When pokebank opens in December, I think the 27th for America.

Lunamoth38
11th October 2013, 7:16 PM

I'm extremely excited about the release of X & Y tomorrow, but would love to know a couple things before starting. Hopefully this is the right place.

Does anyone know how soon you can access the Day Care Center? I originally planned on soft resetting for a Froakie of preferred gender and nature and trading it over to my boyfriends game. After that I would then restart the game and soft reset until I get a Fennekin. It will take a while, then he wanted to do the same with all three starters. e_e

So, I thought it would be easier if we both pick our main choices (Fennekin for myself, Froakie for him and Chespin for his brother), then breed them and trade the eggs.

My only concern is how long it be before the Day Care Center, and/or a pokemon that can breed with the starters (Ditto?).

I think the day care is available very early In the game, however I think ditto is in the mountains and it might be a while to get there.

Dragalge
11th October 2013, 7:22 PM
On this day, Flareon gets the gift he has always wished for. (http://i.imgur.com/EcUzZyM.jpg)

saldu
11th October 2013, 7:27 PM
I disabled the EP Share, it makes the game much too easy imo.
My whole team was 8 level above current trainer pokemons within 2 hours of getting it.

On this day, Flareon gets the gift he has always wished for. (http://i.imgur.com/EcUzZyM.jpg)

Care to elaborate?

Dragalge
11th October 2013, 7:28 PM
It gets access to Flare Blitz.

ebevan91
11th October 2013, 7:28 PM
I disabled the EP Share, it makes the game much too easy imo.
My whole team was 8 level above current trainer pokemons within 2 hours of getting it.

Care to elaborate?

According to another thread it's Flare Blitz.

Leopoldos
11th October 2013, 7:50 PM
I wonder Pumpkaboo will have highest catch ratio at night?

GeoFerocious
11th October 2013, 7:59 PM
I've tried skimming the last few pages and haven't found anything related to this (apologies if it is hidden in there somewhere!).

Any word on how the happiness mechanic works versus affection (ie. Espeon/Umbreon vs. Sylveon). Does nothing really change and - if not - are there still hairdressers, etc., to raise happiness?

Cherrim 8-)
11th October 2013, 8:03 PM

Keep in mind you get two starters. One at the start of the game as usual, and then the one that is weak to your first starter after you beat the E4. In this way, you can accomplish your goal with only two people. The day care center can be accessed very early, and if you get a female starter you can easily breed very early.

Hidden Power
11th October 2013, 8:18 PM
According to another thread it's Flare Blitz.

Flareon lovers rejoice! Until they realize that it can't back the move up with its base 65 HP -.-

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 8:43 PM
That and it's too slow and fragile to even get it off before it gets KO'd half the time.

Dr. Leggs
11th October 2013, 8:58 PM
I think the nerf to the 120 moves is a positive change, actually. I mean, why have a jump from 95 to 120 with nothing in between? Having a gradual change in terms of base power and its associated disadvantage (recoil damage, sharp drop in stats, lowered accuracy, confusion inducing etc) provides a greater variety of movepool.

But Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Ice Beam all had their BP lowered by 5 as well, from 95 to 90. :/

Leyniar
11th October 2013, 9:10 PM
Sooo.... now that a handful of people have the games... do we know if seasons are gone for sure? I'm like dying to know.

Thanks beforehand!

NightFire7
11th October 2013, 9:10 PM
So according to this thread http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14479613/ Aura sphere and dragon pulse get nerfed. Aura sphere now has base 80 power while dragon pulse has base 85 power. Gamefreak stop it. Stop randomly nerfing moves.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 9:12 PM
Aura Sphere I can understand, but why the heck would they nerf Dragon Pulse?

Nobody used it before, and now people are even less likely to use it.

At this point, I'm expecting that they nerfed Draco Meteor and Outrage, too.

The King of Ho-oh's
11th October 2013, 9:17 PM
So according to this thread http://archive.foolz.us/vp/thread/14479613/ Aura sphere and dragon pulse get nerfed. Aura sphere now has base 80 power while dragon pulse has base 85 power. Gamefreak stop it. Stop randomly nerfing moves.

I wouldn't say that they're random nerfs. They actually seem to be (mostly) well thought out ways to combat the INSANE
power-creep over that last 2 gens. I'd prefer to see attacks lowered then competitive battles become (well... even more so)
races where whoever hits, first wins.

Grey Wind
11th October 2013, 9:18 PM
I'm really wondering why they bothered nerfing all of these (special) moves. It's not like any of them were anywhere close to being overpowered (well, Aura Sphere is pretty powerful for a no-miss move, but still, only a couple of 'mons even learn it). It's really strange.

Rakurai
11th October 2013, 9:19 PM
Thing is, we haven't seen any evidence of physical attacks being nerfed so far. They also specifically they were looking at the special moves in particular for balancing.

Why, I'll never know, because there are far, far more deadly physical attackers then special attackers.

Bundalings
11th October 2013, 10:37 PM
I'm glad they're reducing the power of these moves, it'll help the game become more defensive. I just hope they nerf physical moves, too.

Citizen Insane
11th October 2013, 10:38 PM
In an exchange of nerfing Dragon Pulse, they should at least give it a secondary effect.

PokeAJ
11th October 2013, 10:48 PM
Do we know yet if there's any new methods to obtain shinies? Like chaining back in Gen IV?

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 11:05 PM
Do we know yet if there's any new methods to obtain shinies? Like chaining back in Gen IV?

There seems to be a lot of people finding Shinies so they may have an increased chance of encounter, but beyond that, nothing.

Aura Flare Riolu
11th October 2013, 11:07 PM
Masuda Method would seem to make it a lot easier. :)

MasterofArcanine
11th October 2013, 11:08 PM
There seems to be a lot of people finding Shinies so they may have an increased chance of encounter, but beyond that, nothing.

Sounds good to me. Hope that is true and its just not crazy luck. Always wanted shinies to be a little easier to get. It was such a pain to get them in past generations though it was nice when you got one.

Dr. Leggs
11th October 2013, 11:08 PM

Well, if Poke Radar makes a return, then wouldn't it be safe to assume that chaining can be utilized the same way as in Sinnoh, to get a higher chance of Shiny REs?

Hydrohs
11th October 2013, 11:09 PM
Well, if Poke Radar makes a return, then wouldn't it be safe to assume that chaining can be utilized the same way as in Sinnoh, to get a higher chance of Shiny REs?

I'd say that's a safe assumption, but it hasn't yet been confirmed whether chaining works the same way or not.

saldu
11th October 2013, 11:15 PM
Do we know if Poke Radar makes a return or was that just an assumption?

PokeAJ
11th October 2013, 11:32 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the shiny rate halved to 1/4096. Would still make them plenty rare, while being twice as likely to show up as before.

Regality
11th October 2013, 11:35 PM
Do we know if Poke Radar makes a return or was that just an assumption?

I do believe it was confirmed by serebii himself?

Lord Fighting
11th October 2013, 11:48 PM
Can someone please clarify all the new evolution methods. Especially Slyveon and Pangoro.

Lucario At Service
12th October 2013, 12:15 AM
Low Sweep BP was increased by 5 BP to 65 BP.

This means no more Technician boost for it.

Regality
12th October 2013, 12:16 AM
Anyone know if you can rebattle regular trainers via Vs seeker or any other method?!

Mangoes
12th October 2013, 12:27 AM
Sylveon evolves by max affection in Pokemon-Amie (different from happiness).

Hydrohs
12th October 2013, 12:28 AM
Anyone know if you can rebattle regular trainers via Vs seeker or any other method?!

There's no VS Seeker, so no rebattling trainers. I think there are a few that will battle you daily, however. The Psychic who does Inverse battles works this way.

Paralititan
12th October 2013, 1:23 AM
This must be a stupid question to all of you, but this is my first 3DS and first pokemon game in a LONG time.

So how do you start a new game? It only gives me the option to load my saved one, mystery gift and live competition.

For BW is read it was up, select B, but that doesn't seem to work. I hope this is the right thread.

Blazios
12th October 2013, 1:39 AM
Skiddo learns Bulldoze at Level 26, which unlike Low Sweep does not increase in power.

(It also learns Synthesis and Leech Seed if anyone cares)

Afrodisiac
12th October 2013, 1:49 AM
What's Petal Blizzard's base power?

shadowF
12th October 2013, 1:49 AM
can we rebattle people post game?

Paralititan
12th October 2013, 2:11 AM
This must be a stupid question to all of you, but this is my first 3DS and first pokemon game in a LONG time.

So how do you start a new game? It only gives me the option to load my saved one, mystery gift and live competition.

For BW is read it was up, select B, but that doesn't seem to work. I hope this is the right thread.

Anyone know how it works?

Lemon_Pledge
12th October 2013, 2:14 AM
Anyone know how it works?

Did you check the little booklet that comes with the game?

Paralititan
12th October 2013, 2:26 AM
Did you check the little booklet that comes with the game?

Yes, and I couldn't find anything helpfull in it.

R_N
12th October 2013, 2:35 AM
Yes, and I couldn't find anything helpfull in it.

Did you check the digital manual (from the home menu)?

Paralititan
12th October 2013, 2:39 AM
Did you check the digital manual (from the home menu)?

I hadn't even seen that function. As I said, first 3DS and first pokemon game in ages!

Thanks for your response!

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 2:48 AM
If anyone was wondering, the critical catch feature from 5th gen is still in

Fairy Jon
12th October 2013, 2:57 AM
I can understand Fire Blast being decreased in power, but I'm not understanding flamethrower.

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 3:00 AM
What's Petal Blizzard's base power?

It's a physical attack with 90bp and 100 accuracy, and it effects all pokemon on the field excluding the user

Lemon_Pledge
12th October 2013, 3:01 AM
It's a physical attack with 90bp and 100 accuracy

So its a leaf blade minus increased critical? Should have been special.

Rampharos
12th October 2013, 3:09 AM
Didn't really know where to ask this but general gameplay makes sense. Is there anywhere that's compiling a list of version differences besides exclusive pokemon?
Would really like to find this out without venturing too far into spoiler country so that I can decide on a version :P

Fairy Jon
12th October 2013, 3:10 AM
So its a leaf blade minus increased critical? Should have been special.

It really should have been with its own special effect as well. It's basically a physical grass typed version of surf.

Excitable Boy
12th October 2013, 3:12 AM
It really should have been with its own special effect as well. It's basically a physical grass typed version of surf.

it's more for Doubles, which is the metagame Game Freak balances for

Fairy Jon
12th October 2013, 3:16 AM
it's more for Doubles, which is the metagame Game Freak balances for

That makes sense with Sap Sipper around.

Lemon_Pledge
12th October 2013, 3:19 AM
Does anybody have a preliminary tm/hm list?

Excitable Boy
12th October 2013, 3:21 AM

very, very preliminary

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/tm-location-research.3489771/

I suspect a lot of Gen V TMs return, given how relatively few new moves we've seen

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 3:31 AM

Currently I have:
TM01 Hone Claws
TM07 Hail
TM09 Venoshock
TM17 Protect
TM20 Safeguard
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM27 Return
TM28 Dig
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM47 Low Sweep
TM54 False Swipe
TM57 Charge Beam
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Payback
TM69 Rock Polish
TM70 Flash
TM83 Infestation
TM84 Poison Jab
TM86 Grass Knot
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM94 Rock Smash
TM96 Nature Power
TM98 Power-Up Punch
TM99 Dazzling Gleam
TM100 Confide

HM01 Cut
HM02 Fly
HM03 Surf
HM04 Strength

Worth noting that TMs and HMs show up as a yellow pokeball in the overworld now rather than a red one like other items, making them a lot easier to spot.
And there's some that can be purchased from pokemon centres that I haven't got yet, will edit once I have them
EDIT: Yep, Dig, Poison jab, Safeguard, Hail & Sandstorm can be purchased in the pokemon centre in shalour city. Had enough money to buy all but sandstorm, and can't see the number from the shop screen...

Lemon_Pledge
12th October 2013, 3:33 AM
Currently I have:
TM01 Hone Claws
TM09 Venoshock
TM17 Protect
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM27 Return
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM47 Low Sweep
TM54 False Swipe
TM57 Charge Beam
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Payback
TM69 Rock Polish
TM70 Flash
TM83 Infestation
TM86 Grass Knot
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM94 Rock Smash
TM96 Nature Power
TM98 Power-Up Punch
TM99 Dazzling Gleam
TM100 Confide

HM01 Cut
HM02 Fly
HM03 Surf
HM04 Strength

Worth noting that TMs and HMs show up as a yellow pokeball in the overworld now rather than a red one like other items, making them a lot easier to spot.
And there's some that can be purchased from pokemon centres that I haven't got yet, will edit once I have them

Thank you that is impressive. What does confide do?

Blazios
12th October 2013, 3:34 AM
Don't think it's been mentioned on here yet but Floette learns the new move Grassy Terrain at Level 27 which turns the field to grass for 5 turns, healing all Pokémon that aren't Levitating/Flying by 1/16 of the full HP (like Leftovers). It also turns Nature Power into Energy Ball, overriding what the terrain was normally.

Also, I can add to that TM list with my own ones:

TM01 Hone Claws
TM09 Venoshock
TM17 Protect
TM21 Frustration
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM27 Return
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM41 Torment
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM47 Low Sweep
TM54 False Swipe
TM57 Charge Beam
TM65 Shadow Claw
TM66 Payback
TM69 Rock Polish
TM70 Flash
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM74 Gyro Ball
TM83 Infestation
TM86 Grass Knot
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM92 Trick Room
TM94 Rock Smash
TM96 Nature Power
TM98 Power-Up Punch
TM99 Dazzling Gleam
TM100 Confide

HM01 Cut
HM02 Fly
HM03 Surf
HM04 Strength

Fairy Jon
12th October 2013, 3:34 AM
Currently I have:
TM100 Confide

What does Confide do? (Also, TM 100! :D)

Lemon_Pledge
12th October 2013, 3:36 AM
Don't think it's been mentioned on here yet but Floette learns the new move Grassy Terrain at Level 27 which turns the field to grass for 5 turns, healing all Pokémon that aren't Levitating/Flying by 1/16 of the full HP (like Leftovers). It also turns Nature Power into Energy Ball, overriding what the terrain was normally.

Can you check if it is a new weather move or can you stack the effects?

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 3:42 AM
Thank you that is impressive. What does confide do?

What does Confide do? (Also, TM 100! :D)

"The user tells the target a secret, and the target loses its ability to concentrate. This lowers the targets Sp. Atk stat."

Fairy Jon
12th October 2013, 3:49 AM
"The user tells the target a secret, and the target loses its ability to concentrate. This lowers the targets Sp. Atk stat."

That's actually pretty hilarious. xD

Excitable Boy
12th October 2013, 3:57 AM
wow, that... sucks

I wonder the secret is

Bluemage21
12th October 2013, 3:58 AM
wow, that... sucks

I wonder the secret is

The secret is................................................ ...The cake is a lie.............................................

Excitable Boy
12th October 2013, 4:00 AM
The secret is................................................ ...The cake is a lie.............................................

0/10 would not lower my SpA stat

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 4:02 AM
And I just found TM79 in frost cavern too

Ice puzzles are a pain when you realize they now have diagonal aspects to them now too

EDIT: derp, forgot to mention that it's Frost Breath

Blazios
12th October 2013, 4:24 AM
Can you check if it is a new weather move or can you stack the effects?

The effects stack with each other.

Aura Flare Riolu
12th October 2013, 4:28 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Mud Sport and Water Sport last for like 5 Turns. BUT! Unlike before, even when you switch out, it stays in effect.

Riolu is a rare encounter in Route 22! <3

dbApplejack
12th October 2013, 4:44 AM
Are TM's reusable like Gen 5?

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 4:46 AM
Are TM's reusable like Gen 5?

Indeed they are

Blazios
12th October 2013, 5:20 AM
Roost is back as a TM! It's TM19, found in Route 8 by Surfing.

Rakurai
12th October 2013, 5:25 AM
So no word on any decent new Ghost or Dark type attacks so far?

Ghost only gets the mediocre Phantom Force, which is just a retyped Dig, and I haven't heard anything about new moves for Dark period.

dbApplejack
12th October 2013, 5:28 AM
So no word on any decent new Ghost or Dark type attacks so far?

Ghost only gets the mediocre Phantom Force, which is just a retyped Dig, and I haven't heard anything about new moves for Dark period.

There's this little gem from Smogon:

Trick-or-Treat | Ghost | Other | - | 100 | 20 | The user takes the target trick-or-treating. This adds Ghost type to the target's type.

Best. Move. EVAR!

Blazios
12th October 2013, 5:29 AM
Speaking of Dig, just noticed there's a TM shop in Shalour's Pokémon Centre, which has Dig, Poison Jab, Safeguard, Hail and Sandstorm.

Rakurai
12th October 2013, 5:30 AM
When I said attacks, I was more thinking about moves that actually cause damage.

If they're going to nerf the Dark type with Fairy, they could at least give it some strong attacks that aren't situational.

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 5:33 AM
Speaking of Dig, just noticed there's a TM shop in Shalour's Pokémon Centre, which has Dig, Poison Jab, Safeguard, Hail and Sandstorm.

I already mentioned that with my list. Btw, how far through the game are you?

EDIT: Also, just got given TM35 Flamethrower in the Anistar City pokemon centre and was told to come back tomorrow at a different time of day for another TM.
The secondary shop in Anistar is also a TM store selling TM14 Blizzard, TM25 Thunder, TM38 Fireblast, TM52 Focus Blast and TM15 Hyper Blast.

EDIT2: And got TM10 Hidden Power from a person in a house east of the pokemon centre - person who gives the TM will also tell you what type your pokemon's HP will be

Politoed Politik
12th October 2013, 5:48 AM
I have a little doubt, Is it true that the weather conditions that start due Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream and Snow Warning are only going to last five turns now?

I mean my whole OU startegy was built around having Rain Teams .3.

Blazios
12th October 2013, 5:49 AM
I already mentioned that with my list. Btw, how far through the game are you?

So you did, my bad. I've received the Plant Badge and just finished looking round the earlier areas getting what I can with Surf (i.e. hoping I can find a Dusk/Sun Stone there. I didn't, though I found a Dawn Stone on Route 2).

dbApplejack
12th October 2013, 6:07 AM
I have a little doubt, Is it true that the weather conditions that start due Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream and Snow Warning are only going to last five turns now?

I mean my whole OU startegy was built around having Rain Teams .3.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem if you preserve your weather starter for a long period of time. Most people, me included, send out Politoad first and return him back for use later. It should reset the counter when you send him out again after the five turns end.

Lv100Mewtwo
12th October 2013, 6:09 AM
I haven't had a chance to go through this entire thread, but I got a question about the following item: Ability Capsule (Costs 200BP): Switches between the Primary and Secondary abilities on the Pokémon

Is it a consumable? If not, how does it actually work, I'm kinda curious to know... Like if it's a held item, it goes with the other ability the pokemon has? What happens if the pokemon has a secondary and a hidden? or what if the pokemon only has a primary and a hidden?

SageofTruth
The battle animation for retaliate is so cool. Everyone needs to look out for it.

blasian amtrax
Ok, just got the Psychic Badge, and the TM04 Calm Mind which comes with it. That gym is absolutely beautiful

Rakurai
12th October 2013, 6:37 AM
Can Horde battles occur with any species of Pokemon on a given route, or is it limited to specific ones?

Just curious if this could be used as a method to get the hidden abilities of some of the Kalos Pokemon.

Blazios
12th October 2013, 7:03 AM
Can Horde battles occur with any species of Pokemon on a given route, or is it limited to specific ones?

Just curious if this could be used as a method to get the hidden abilities of some of the Kalos Pokemon.

I believe it's limited and I've not seen any Kalos Hordes yet.

In other news, you can BUY Premier Balls in bulk in a Poké Ball shop Lumiose for 200 each! The shop also has a bunch of Poké Balls in a display case, including Safari, Heavy and Cherish Balls.

Also, someone in Trevor's house makes reference to an Eerie Impulse. Is that possibly a new ability?

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 7:07 AM
TM12 Taunt obtained in Lysandre Labs in the Team Flare bunk room from a grunt

Blazios
12th October 2013, 7:32 AM
TM82 Dragon Tail is in Lumiose Museum.

You can do part time work in the Hotel Richissime (or you can stay there for 100000) and TM49 Echoed Voice is on the top floor.

According to someone I just spoke to on the North Boulevard, I just learned how to backflip off ledges.

Plenty of Trainers in Lumiose to battle, they all will rebattle you if you leave the screen and reenter. One with a Fletchinder gives you a Destiny Knot with every win, one with a Kirlia gives a Nugget each time.

Lottery's back.

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 9:02 AM
TM89 U-Turn obtained in Couriway town. And now I'm battling the professor again.
EDIT: TM55 Scald obtained from a girl in the Couriway Hotel after answering a question.

Also the professor said something precious of his is hidden in the town, trying to find it presently.

EDIT2: HM05 Waterfall from Serena after battling her, Tierno and Trevor.

EDIT3: And TM36 Sludge Bomb on route 19, accessible by a bit of surfing.

Serebii!
12th October 2013, 9:53 AM
Has anyone found any new ways of evolving Pokemon including how Eevee evolves into Sylveon?

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 10:09 AM
And TM08 in a house just north of the pokemon centre in Snowbelle city, same house as the tutor for meloetta and keldeo

Blazios
12th October 2013, 10:10 AM
Has anyone found any new ways of evolving Pokemon including how Eevee evolves into Sylveon?

It's supposedly through maxing Affection in Pokémon-Amie.

Grey Wind
12th October 2013, 10:12 AM
Eevee evolves with max affection in Pokemin amie.

blasian amtrax
12th October 2013, 10:41 AM
TM53 Energy Ball is in the woods on route 20, bloody confusing to get to.

And heading back to Anistar city, the girl in the pokemon centre there who gave me the TM for flamethrower before just gave me TM90 Substitute

EDIT: TM13 Ice Beam from Wulfric

Hidden Power
12th October 2013, 10:43 AM
Aura Sphere I can understand, but why the heck would they nerf Dragon Pulse?

Nobody used it before, and now people are even less likely to use it.

At this point, I'm expecting that they nerfed Draco Meteor and Outrage, too.

I'm always amused by the fact that everyone fears Draco Meteor and Outrage, but no one talks about the variations like Overheat, Leafstorm and Petal Dance. I don't see why those two moves have to be nerfed, since you can only last 1-3 turns of use before you have to switch. It seems to me that they are overpowered only by virtue of the overall high BST among Dragon types.

The nerf to D-pulse is weird, I agree. Unless there's an update that adds a secondary effect to it (like scald and lava plume), or there's a new move to take up the 90 BP slot.

I think many of the new moves are pretty sweet though. In particular stats lowering moves were rarely used compared to boosting ones, but we now have new stats lowering moves with +1 priority or a free switch out, which are definitely very viable moves.

Not sure why Electric and Flying types deserve to have draining moves, but not Bug. And here I thought Drain Punch was a pretty weird idea.

New entry hazards with no variations of rapid spin to clear them away? Meh.

Rakurai
12th October 2013, 10:53 AM
An awful lot of the new moves seemed aimed towards double/triple battles, but even then, many of them still seem situational to the point of being practically useless.

Sticky Web sounds broken if it acts like Spikes and is a persistent effect on the opposing team, though, and Boomburst is going to be truly frightening if there are any strong special attackers who get STAB on it (It's practically a Hyper Beam without the recoil in singles).

Lucario At Service
12th October 2013, 11:00 AM
Not sure why Electric and Flying types deserve to have draining moves, but not Bug.

Bug type already had a draining move since the 1st Gen in the form of Leech Life, but as known by everyone its a pathetic move with only 20 BP.

So, i really hope that they buff that move to something around 50-60 BP.

I haven't had a chance to go through this entire thread, but I got a question about the following item: Ability Capsule (Costs 200BP): Switches between the Primary and Secondary abilities on the Pokémon

Is it a consumable? If not, how does it actually work, I'm kinda curious to know... Like if it's a held item, it goes with the other ability the pokemon has? What happens if the pokemon has a secondary and a hidden? or what if the pokemon only has a primary and a hidden?

Can anyone give the answer to this question as i also want to know how it really works.

Rakurai
12th October 2013, 11:33 AM
So the Overheat style moves got nerfed as I was expecting.

It also looks like physical moves didn't get nerfed at all, either.

This balancing logic is starting to seriously confuse me. The ones who most frequently ended up destroying entire teams were physical attackers, so why make only the special attackers suffer?

Eievui-Nymphia
12th October 2013, 11:40 AM
For people who are playing int he game (I aren't included, sorry):
Changes to oilder moves:
Acida Armoir: PP lowered from 40 to 20
Air Cutter: Power go up from 55 to 60.
Assurance: power to up to 60 (+10)
Aura Sphere has 80 power (-10)
Barrier has 20 pp (-10)
Blizzard has 110 power (-10)
Bubble has 40 power (+20)
Charm is a Fairy move.
Chatter has 65 power (+5)
Dragon Pulse has 85 power (-5)
Energy Ball has 90 power (+10)
Extrasensory has 20 pp (-10)
Fire Blast has 110 power (-10)
Flamethrower has 90 power (-5)
Frost Breath has 60 power (+20) to compensate the nerfing of CH.
Furty Cutter has 40 power (+20). Don't know if mechanics changed.
Future Sight has 120 power (+20).
Glare has 100% accuracy (+10).
Gunk Shot has 80% accuracy (+10)
Heat Wave has 95 power (-5)
Hex has 60 power (+10)
Hidden Power has fixed 60 power. And we can know exactly your HP.
Hurricane has 110 power (-10)
Hydro Pump has 110 power (-10)
Ice Beam has 90 power (-5)
Knock off has 55 power (+35)
Leaf Storm has 130 power (-10)
Lick has 30 power (+10)
Low Sweep has 5 power (+5)
Minimze has 10 pp (-10)
Moonblast is fairy-type.
Muddy Water is 90 power (-5)
Overheat is 130 power (-10)
Pin Missile is 25 power (+11) and has 95 of accuracy (+10)
Poison gas has 90 accuracy (+10)
Roar goes from 100% accuracy to --% accuracy. If someone uses Double Team, you can Roar the opponent now.
Rock Tomb has 15PP, 60 power and 955 accuracy. (+5, `+10 and +10)
Skull Bash has 10 PP (-5) but 130 power (+30)
Smog has 30 power (+10)
Snore has 50 power (+10)
Storm Throw has 60 power (+20) to compensate the nerf of CH.
Struggle Bug has 50 power. 8+20)
Surf has 90 power. (-5)
Sweet Kiss is a fairy move.
Thief has 60 power (+20)
Thunder has 110 power (-10)
Thunderbolt has 90 power (-10)
Vine Whip has 45 power, 25PP (+10 and +10)
Whirlwind has --% accuracy.
Will-o-Wisp has 855 accuracy (+10).

Skull