PDA

View Full Version : Battle Maison Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Wulava
15th November 2013, 12:57 AM
Discuss the Battle Maison here.

How are you battling through it? Having trouble fighting a certain trainer? Discuss and share tips and strategies with each other.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

What is the Battle Maison?
The Battle Maison is Kalos region's battle facility and is located at the heart of Kiloude City. This is XY's equivalent of the Battle Tower and Unova's Battle Subway.

For more info about the Battle Maison, go here (http://serebii.net/xy/battlemaison.shtml).

Taodragon
15th November 2013, 1:20 AM
Perfect, I've been meaning to ask for some advice.

I'm currently on a 40 win streak on Super Doubles and I'm curious if I should start adjusting my team. I have Greninja, Blaziken, Hydreigon and Scizor. Blaziken and Hydreigon serve as the leads and are made to break walls while also covering each others weaknesses overall, Greninja and Scizor serve as late game cleaners and wrap it up after the two have blown down walls for them. Anyway, I'm starting to only barely scrape by nowadays, so I'm wondering if I should switch a couple out or play around with different items. Any suggestions?

Bathrezz
15th November 2013, 1:22 AM
When completing my 20streaks for singles and doubles, the hardest parts I found was actually making it to 20. Mantines were personally my most hated poke because I had no electric type moves to knock it out. I often lost at streak 17,18,19. My favourite aspect is being able to interrupt the challenge at 20, move around items on pokes and continue the challenge with a different combination of pokemon. Personally, i think its kind of cheating. Being able to use mega pokemon also really helps.
This is my video completing singles 20 streak boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nofyrk1o0

Rakansen
15th November 2013, 1:26 AM
Oh my goodness, thank you. I've been wanting this thread to happen so long, in fact I was thinking of posting one until this popped up! :D

This is the current team I'm building on for Super Singles:

Carracosta @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Shell Smash
Rock Slide
Aqua Jet
Waterfall

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Toxic
Protect

Heat Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Trick
Volt Switch
Overheat
Shadow Ball

The Battle Maison, as many people say, can be really hectic due to the AI. Many of the opponents carry Quick Claw, and many low accuracy moves such as Blizzard and Thunder can not only hit, but it can also land a critical hit AND a status condition easily. If that wasn't bad enough, the upper levels are crawling with Quick Claw + OHKO Move, hence the reason why I chose a Carracosta with Sturdy as a sweeper. The reason why Carracosta carries Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge is to be on the safe side in terms of accuracy due to the unpredictable nature of the Battle Maison, and Carracosta also carries a Shell Bell to set up more Shell Smashes if its HP is full. Venusaur is mainly there to stall my opponents and check Carracosta's main weaknesses: Electric and Grass.

I'm looking forward to hearing tips and strategies from you guys, so far I've noticed that the best teams consist of only one sweeper, since having more than one can make your team very fragile.

Blood Red Absol
15th November 2013, 1:29 AM
I am still on Super singles, I am having so much trouble, the best I have managed is a 42 win streak.
My team is a Mega Blaziken, Life Orb Greninja and Leftovers Aegislash.
Blaziken is obviously a sweeper lead, Aegislah is like a really awesome defensive sweeper that has been more then useful.
I guess the only one I am willing to change over would be Greninja, she seems to get killed the most, though because of the boss I want to have something that can take out flying types easy, I was thinking weavile however then I wouldn't have any special attackers... any suggestions?

This is so hard xD

Here is better look at the Super Singles team

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Speed Boost
Adamant
4HP / 252Atk / 252Spd
-Protect
-High Jump Kick
-Flare Blitz
-Brave Bird

Greninja @ Life orb
Protean
Modest
4HP / 252S.atk / 252Spd
-Surf
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Stance Change
Brave
252HP / 252Atk / 4S.def
-Sword Dance
-King's Shield
-Iron Head
-Shadow Claw

Xaby
15th November 2013, 1:31 AM
My rule is hit first, hit hard, and hit whatever he might throw at you.

My team of Mega Charizard Y, Protean Greninja w/ Life Orb, and Blaziken w/Leftovers got to Super Singles 50s at around 3rd try if I'm not mistaken. And even then I wasn't being serious at it, just looking for points for the Power Items.

Rakansen
15th November 2013, 1:34 AM
Being able to use mega pokemon also really helps.
This is my video completing singles 20 streak boss http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Nofyrk1o0

Woah, nice video, you got really lucky by waking up from Hypnosis early. So far I haven't changed my team but I'm on the verge of doing so, when I wasn't in Super Single Battles I used a Mega Mawile, a Blaziken, and a Noivern but the opponents in Super Single get progressively worse. I'm really happy about the interruption system though, it seemed overpowered at first but it makes it easier for me to experiment with Pokémon on higher levels.

mapachatumbili
15th November 2013, 1:47 AM
I find the Battle Maison more difficult then the Battle Tower facilities of the past for one reason, and one reason only: Hidden Abilities.

In the Battle Subway, PWT, and Battle Facility in BW1 and 2, I never had to worry if Sharpedo had Speed boost or not. But in the Battle Maison I faced one right away and had it not been for my quick thinking, it would have swept my team. I also remember facing a Torrent Greninja one match, followed by a Protean one the following match.

On the plus side, I do like that your A.I partners in Multi battles are good pokemon with good movesets and natures, flawless iv's, and good ev spreads. I also enjoy the fact that you earn BP after every win, not just a streak of 7 like in the past.

Dragalge
15th November 2013, 1:55 AM
My Maison team right now are these fellows here:

Heliolisk
Trait: Modest
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Sp Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Grass Knot
Dark Pulse/Surf

Noivern
Trait: Timid
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 Sp Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Super Fang
Air Slash
Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse

Medicham@ Medichamite (that's how you spell it?)
Trait: Jolly
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Psycho Cut
High Jump Kick
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

I'll most likely get a Choice Scarf or an Expert Belt for my Heliolisk, a Life Orb or Leftovers for Noivern and replace Medicham with Blaziken once I obtain enough BP and hatch a high IV'd Torchic.

alejandrawr
15th November 2013, 2:17 AM
Is 3BP the most you can win per battle, not counting the Battle Chatelaines?

Xaby
15th November 2013, 2:18 AM
It escalates. 2, then 3, then 4, and so on. At around 40ish right before the main missus battles, it pops around 6 per fight. Not a bad deal at all.

Psynergy
15th November 2013, 2:21 AM
It escalates. 2, then 3, then 4, and so on. At around 40ish right before the main missus battles, it pops around 6 per fight. Not a bad deal at all.

Maximum is 7 per battle, which comes right after that. I made it a streak of 84, and it never went above 7 BP. Still an amazing amount of BP per win. Bring a Truant Durant along and you've got easy BP grinding. Pretty soon I'm thinking of trying for 100 wins to get the Lansat Berry, but I still need a better team trained up.

alejandrawr
15th November 2013, 2:28 AM

Maximum is 7 per battle, which comes right after that. I made it a streak of 84, and it never went above 7 BP. Still an amazing amount of BP per win. Bring a Truant Durant along and you've got easy BP grinding. Pretty soon I'm thinking of trying for 100 wins to get the Lansat Berry, but I still need a better team trained up.

Thanks for the info, definitely MUCH better and faster than BP gaining in any of the previous games' battle facilities.

Xaby
15th November 2013, 2:51 AM
Thanks for the info, definitely MUCH better and faster than BP gaining in any of the previous games' battle facilities.

Personally, I still like the PWC better. It's definitely not as fast as the mayo, but it's got a different air and feel to it.

SkyDeity
15th November 2013, 2:57 AM

So, it caps at 7...that's very handy info indeed. My highest streak so far has only been 40 so I wondering what the maximum BP output was. Not bad, not bad

iTarTar
15th November 2013, 3:07 AM
I beat Super Singles on my first try and currently have a streak of 51. I used:

Charizard - Timid @ Charizardite Y
252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Flamethrower - Solarbeam - Air Slash - Focus Blast

Standard lead; hit fast, hit harder. I had Fire Blast on originally, but I couldn't stand the misses so I swapped it for Flamethrower. I wish I could use something other than Focus Blast, but Hydreigon would murder me without it. Carried me through most matches.

Rotom - Calm @ Leftovers
252 HP / 56 Special Defense / 196 Special Attack
Hydro Pump - Volt Switch - Thunder Wave - Hex

A spongey wall (Kinda), he mostly ran around Thunder Waving things and Hexing Gengars when they weren't Hypnosis haxing me.

Garchomp - Adamant @ Choice Scarf
252 Attack / 252 Speed
Dragon Claw - Outrage - Iron Head - Earthquake

My physical attacker that hit like a nuke at the beginning. I was running a Band on this guy instead of the Scarf, but I almost lost my streak at 44 because of a Scarfed Mr. Mime and I immediately swapped to a Scarf. It might not be as strong, but it outspeeds everything. I have Dragon Claw on in case I have to swap him in on the first turn so I don't locked on a Fairy.

For the Chatelaine I swapped my Charizard for my Marvel Scale Dragonite with Aqua Tail and Dragon Dance. Fastest win I'd had in a while.

If I could give any advice to people preparing for or struggling with the Super Singles; hit hard and fast! Have a Special and a Physical Sweeper with a mixed wall that can hit well (Rotom-W) to help out.

Now I am going to prepare - eventually - for the Super Doubles. I'm thinking a Prankster Meowstic paired with a Malamar along with Dragonite and Mega Ampharos or Rhyperior for back up.

foxyman1167
15th November 2013, 3:31 AM
Yay, my dream thread came true.

Made it to the Battle Charletaine Nita today, and it wasn't as hard as a few of the battles I've had along the way.

Rotom-H vs. Landorus

Focus Blast does 50%, WoW missed.
Switch to Aegislash because it has a Choice Scarf, then SD on the switch.

Aegislash vs. Thundurus

KS against the Crunch, Defiant cancelled out the Attack drop.
Rotate between and KS, until I'm at +4 and used SS for about 80%, close to KO, finished with SS.

Aegislash vs. Landorus

SS for 80%, KOd by Earth Power

Rotom-H vs. Landorus

Burn with WoW, immune to EP, it dies to Burn damage on the next turn.

Rotom-H vs. Tornadus

TW while it used Double Team, then just spammed TB until it hit, which took about 6 turns. Thankfully it got parahaxed for most of the battle, and I didn't even have to use (Mega) Gyarados.

Got my Trophy, and now have a whopping 482 BP! Maybe I'll buy all the TMs, or stock up on Choice Items, who knows. Now I have to plan another member for the Doubles line, only time will tell who it is.

Here's the full team if you're wondering.

Rotom-H @ Calm
Rocky Helmet ATM @ Levitate
31 / x / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 6 Sp. Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Thunderwave
- Will-O-Wisp

Gyarados @ Jolly
Gyaradosite @ Intimidate
31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 31
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance

Aegislash @ Brave
Leftovers @ Stance Change
31 / 31 / 31 / x / 31 / 0
252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Sp. Def
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield (this move is so broken)
- Swords Dance

Any thoughts on a fourth? I was thinking Gooey Goodra, as a bulky special attacker to lead with Rotom-H, or maybe a Garchomp instead, so they can spam Discharge and Earthquake together.

Couple of things I've noticed:
- There are Dream World abilities (the Charletaine on my run had them, not sure if they always do)
- Their Pokemon will switch if your Pokemon is immune to their moves, and if they use Perish Song
- They put some thought into some movesets, one off the top of my head is an Encore Slaking that gave me trouble when I tried to SD on its Truant turns.
- After about the 40th win, trainers start using Legendaries, a couple of Veterans I saw had Terrakion / Cobalion / Heatran and Suicune / Heatran / Latios.

I gotta say, King's Shield Aegislash is sooooooo broken, that move is amazing when fighting Pokemon that carry Night Slash / Crunch / Shadow Claw.

From personal experience, I find using bulky teams that set up easier to use in Singles, but Doubles I've found more offensive power from the start is needed, because obv there are two pokemon instead of one.

Taodragon
15th November 2013, 3:47 AM
I... I did it, I beat the Super Double battle! Granted, she wasn't nearly as hard as I expected, but still I'm happy to finally have that under my belt.

One thing I'll say is that I definitely made the right call putting Greninja first as it took out Latios and Suicune before being felled by Entei, that allowed me to bring in MegaBlaziken and wreck the other two without worrying that either would crush him.

Bathrezz
15th November 2013, 4:23 AM
Bring a Truant Durant along and you've got easy BP grindin.How is using a pokemon that does not attack every second turn any good?

foxyman1167
15th November 2013, 4:27 AM
How is using a pokemon that does not attack every second turn any good?

It uses Entrainment to copy Truant to the other pokemon.

Bathrezz
15th November 2013, 4:31 AM
It uses Entrainment to copy Truant to the other pokemon.
Thanks! Didn't know.

Psynergy
15th November 2013, 4:44 AM
Thanks! Didn't know.

It's only any good in Singles, obviously, and if the opponent happens to Protect on the turn you attack, Durant's almost deadweight. Fake Out too, among other things. If the AI had half the mind to switch out, then it wouldn't work at all, but it's definitely a fun strategy if you're bored and just want BP.

Biggest problem is that Hidden Ability Durant is only found in hordes.

Grei
15th November 2013, 7:39 AM
Battle Maison's probably my favorite post-game facility yet, besides the Battle Frontier on a whole. There's something about it that makes it worth challenging for me.

I think the fact that you can now get 1 BP per battle instead of 1 BP per 7-battle streak plays a role. I've amassed probably around 40-50 BP already, and I've only gotten far enough to beat the normal Singles leader, Nita. It's great. I plan on playing until I defeat each Maison leader.

foxyman1167
15th November 2013, 7:39 AM
Ugghhh, I feel so stupid, my streak at the Battle Maison just ended at 54, but not because of hax, because I stopped paying attention. Damn I was confident that I could get a good streak going, and start farming BP.

It was my Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash against a Ludicolo / Quagsire / Samurott.

The problems started with Ludicolo, who I should have used to set up Aegislash on, but instead I figured screw it, I'll use Gyarados for once. I set up a couple of Dragon Dance's, but it Leech Seeded me, and they killed each other, rather than have a +6 Aegislash and a Ludicolo corpse. Anyway, out comes Quagsire against Aegislash, I get to +4, and finish it off because it kept using Earthquake and I didn't want to keep stalling with King's Shield. I then use Shadow Sneak to finish it off, and do the same thing to Samurott, which puts it at 70%, but then it KOs Aegislash. I send out Rotom-H to finish the job, but that thing was Scarfed, and OHKO'd with Hydro Pump. I'm surprised it managed to one shot it, Rotom has tanked a lot of Surfs along the way.

I feel so stupid for not paying attention, which is Rule #1 in the Tower / Subway / Maison. And ironically I lost while looking at the Pokemon X/Y Soundtrack on iTunes, while playing a game which has the entire soundtrack on it already.

tl;dr - streak ended because i'm an idiot.

Now I'm just gonna unlock the rest of the Super lines, except Multi, that'll have to wait.

Psynergy
15th November 2013, 7:55 AM
Ugghhh, I feel so stupid, my streak at the Battle Maison just ended at 54, but not because of hax, because I stopped paying attention. Damn I was confident that I could get a good streak going, and start farming BP.

It was my Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash against a Ludicolo / Quagsire / Samurott.

The problems started with Ludicolo, who I should have used to set up Aegislash on, but instead I figured screw it, I'll use Gyarados for once. I set up a couple of Dragon Dance's, but it Leech Seeded me, and they killed each other, rather than have a +6 Aegislash and a Ludicolo corpse. Anyway, out comes Quagsire against Aegislash, I get to +4, and finish it off because it kept using Earthquake and I didn't want to keep stalling with King's Shield. I then use Shadow Sneak to finish it off, and do the same thing to Samurott, which puts it at 70%, but then it KOs Aegislash. I send out Rotom-H to finish the job, but that thing was Scarfed, and OHKO'd with Hydro Pump. I'm surprised it managed to one shot it, Rotom has tanked a lot of Surfs along the way.

I feel so stupid for not paying attention, which is Rule #1 in the Tower / Subway / Maison. And ironically I lost while looking at the Pokemon X/Y Soundtrack on iTunes, while playing a game which has the entire soundtrack on it already.

tl;dr - streak ended because i'm an idiot.

Now I'm just gonna unlock the rest of the Super lines, except Multi, that'll have to wait.

Aw, that's the worst. At least you managed to stack up some BP and beat Nita. I've been trying to rebuild my own streak and get at least 100, but that's getting kinda dull now.

I'm thinking of moving my team over for Doubles now, though I'm thinking about replacing Hone Claws on Blaziken. It's amazing for Singles to patch up High Jump Kick's accuracy that will inevitably screw you over otherwise because hax. That, and Mega Blaziken is so strong that a single Hone Claws attack boost is enough for a reasonable sweep. But for Doubles, I don't think I want to bother with stat boosting moves as much, let alone Hone Claws. Any suggestions? I'm edging towards Earthquake, but I'd like to hear some input. Other moves being Flare Blitz, High Jump Kick and Protect.

Xaby
15th November 2013, 8:12 AM
It's only any good in Singles, obviously, and if the opponent happens to Protect on the turn you attack, Durant's almost deadweight. Fake Out too, among other things. If the AI had half the mind to switch out, then it wouldn't work at all, but it's definitely a fun strategy if you're bored and just want BP.

Biggest problem is that Hidden Ability Durant is only found in hordes.

Well it's easy to spot at least. Just wait for two turns and see who goes lazy.

Aura Flare Riolu
15th November 2013, 8:17 AM
I managed to beat the Super Singles on my 2nd try! The first time, I lost to a bulky as hell Volcarona that survived Aegislash's Shadow Sneak at around 10-15% HP and was left with like 1HP left and KOed me with Overheat. I also got the Flame Body hax afterwards just to rub it in my face.

Of course I had some bumps on the way but I somehow managed to overcome them. I saved the videos too.

P55G-WWWW-WWW2-HUS9
This one went for way too long...Aegislash was frozen for WAY too long. That battle lasted 46 TURNS! GEEZ!

U5NG-WWWW-WWW2-M3FQ
I got completely lucky with this one right at the end! No way I should have won that.

Psynergy
15th November 2013, 8:24 AM
Well it's easy to spot at least. Just wait for two turns and see who goes lazy.

Yeah, that's true. When I tried searching for one, I initially turned off animations, which made it impossible for me to tell which was the Truant one, so I accidentally KO'ed it. Next time, it was easy to spot. If only Hidden Abilities in hordes weren't so rare, though. That's just an awful pain to deal with. Though if it makes the Maison simpler for BP farming, I'll take it.

Xaby
15th November 2013, 8:38 AM
Yeah, that's true. When I tried searching for one, I initially turned off animations, which made it impossible for me to tell which was the Truant one, so I accidentally KO'ed it. Next time, it was easy to spot. If only Hidden Abilities in hordes weren't so rare, though. That's just an awful pain to deal with. Though if it makes the Maison simpler for BP farming, I'll take it.

I agree. Well, at least I'm spending that time leveling up my Gabite, so at least it's not TOTALLY wasted time...

notnotjohn
15th November 2013, 9:10 AM
I just beat the Super Singles Boss for the second time, forgot to save the battle the first time to record the moves and whatnot so I ran through it again, I used
Focus Sash Gengar
Timid
Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Sludge Bomb and Destiny Bond

Choice Scarf Garchomp
Jolly
Earthquake, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Iron Head

Choice Band Azumarill/Mega Scizor
Adamant
Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough, and Superpower. Then for Scizor, Bullet Punch, Thief, Swords Dance, Roost

and just for the boss I switched out Garchomp for Scarf Greninja, completely wrecks her with Protean Ice Beam.

Didn't want to go through the lengthy process of Truant Durant then set-up every match, so Gengar usually always nets me two KOs as the AI don't really play around Destiny Bond, KO the first poke then Destiny Bond the second, send out either one of the others to KO the last.

Amagidyne
15th November 2013, 3:20 PM
Is anyone else deathly afraid of Unburden Slurpuff? I run a team of Mawile, Gyrados and Goodra. It pretty much always causes a ruckcus before it goes down, I even had to switch Muddy Water on my Goodra to Sludge Bomb in order to handle it because Mawile and Gyrados do not like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt to the face. >.>

I just beat the Super Singles Boss for the second time, forgot to save the battle the first time to record the moves and whatnot so I ran through it again, I used
Focus Sash Gengar
Timid
Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Sludge Bomb and Destiny Bond

Choice Scarf Garchomp
Jolly
Earthquake, Outrage, Dragon Claw, Iron Head

Choice Band Azumarill/Mega Scizor
Adamant
Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Play Rough, and Superpower. Then for Scizor, Bullet Punch, Thief, Swords Dance, Roost

and just for the boss I switched out Garchomp for Scarf Greninja, completely wrecks her with Protean Ice Beam.

Didn't want to go through the lengthy process of Truant Durant then set-up every match, so Gengar usually always nets me two KOs as the AI don't really play around Destiny Bond, KO the first poke then Destiny Bond the second, send out either one of the others to KO the last.

Destiny Bond Gengar is actually a REALLY good idea. I'm ashamed I didn't think of it :( Anyways, how much BP did you earn for beating the Super Singles Boss?

Artnerd
15th November 2013, 3:30 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but do the opponents Pokémon have maxed IVs or such?
I'm currently only using my ingame team to farm BP while raising a proper competative team, but a Mega Gardevoir being out-sped by a basic pokémon in normal single...

cwertle
15th November 2013, 3:43 PM
So, I'm going to build my battle maison team now. :D Any suggestions? I'm willing to start from scratch, I'll just trade if I don't have the pokemon. I do, however have a 5IV Dragonite, Talonflame, Noivern and Aegislash.

foxyman1167
15th November 2013, 4:19 PM
Is anyone else deathly afraid of Unburden Slurpuff? I run a team of Mawile, Gyrados and Goodra. It pretty much always causes a ruckcus before it goes down, I even had to switch Muddy Water on my Goodra to Sludge Bomb in order to handle it because Mawile and Gyrados do not like Flamethrower and Thunderbolt to the face. >.>

Destiny Bond Gengar is actually a REALLY good idea. I'm ashamed I didn't think of it :( Anyways, how much BP did you earn for beating the Super Singles Boss?

Its 50 BP for beating the Battle Charletaine.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do the opponents Pokémon have maxed IVs or such?
I'm currently only using my ingame team to farm BP while raising a proper competative team, but a Mega Gardevoir being out-sped by a basic pokémon in normal single...

If it's anything like the Battle Subway, then the Pokémon will be EV trained, but not perfect IVs.

So, I'm going to build my battle maison team now. :D Any suggestions? I'm willing to start from scratch, I'll just trade if I don't have the pokemon. I do, however have a 5IV Dragonite, Talonflame, Noivern and Aegislash.

I would suggest using Dragonite and Aegislash, and then find a third member to take care of some weaknesses.

Amagidyne
15th November 2013, 4:55 PM
Multiscale Dragonite is a monster, he will for surely take down at least one rival Pokemon. A good Aegislash is funny because the opponent's AI doesn't account for Stance Change.

A word to the wise, the AI cheats sometimes, as in it reads what move you will use and what Pokemon you'll switch to.

One more thing: Don't use Zoroark, I learned that the hard way >.>

Dragonite and Aegislash are both checked by Weaville and many rock/ground/ fighting Pokemon, so make sure you have a Poke that can take the abuse, usually you can play around it by being smart, but sometimes that is not an option..

Skarmory is a good wall, although, it's damage potential is low sometimes.

Aetius
15th November 2013, 6:58 PM
I still have to unlock the single, double and rotation battles. LOL
I wonder if it's my fault or just plain bad luck....
The Pokčmon I'm using right now are:

Florges

Moon blast
Petal dance
Lucky chant
Calm mind

Held item: Pixie plate

Talonflame

Brave bird
Flare blitz
Agility
U-turn

Held item: Flame plate

Barbaracle

Hearthquake
Rock slide
Razor shell
Cross chop

Held item: Splash plate

Heliolisk

Bulldoze
Thunderbolt
Parabolic charge
Razor wind

Held item: Zap plate

Is there something wrong with my team and the items they hold?

notnotjohn
15th November 2013, 7:51 PM
Multiscale Dragonite is a monster, he will for surely take down at least one rival Pokemon. A good Aegislash is funny because the opponent's AI doesn't account for Stance Change.

A word to the wise, the AI cheats sometimes, as in it reads what move you will use and what Pokemon you'll switch to.

One more thing: Don't use Zoroark, I learned that the hard way >.>

Dragonite and Aegislash are both checked by Weaville and many rock/ground/ fighting Pokemon, so make sure you have a Poke that can take the abuse, usually you can play around it by being smart, but sometimes that is not an option..

Skarmory is a good wall, although, it's damage potential is low sometimes.
Just curious what happened with Zoroark that makes him bad for the Maison?

I still have to unlock the single, double and rotation battles. LOL
I wonder if it's my fault or just plain bad luck....
The Pokčmon I'm using right now are:

Florges

Moon blast
Petal dance
Lucky chant
Calm mind

Held item: Pixie plate

Talonflame

Brave bird
Flare blitz
Agility
U-turn

Held item: Flame plate

Barbaracle

Hearthquake
Rock slide
Razor shell
Cross chop

Held item: Splash plate

Heliolisk

Bulldoze
Thunderbolt
Parabolic charge
Razor wind

Held item: Zap plate

Is there something wrong with my team and the items they hold?

I would suggest using a fast team that can hit hard or some of the bulkier attackers. I've seen things like Garchomp, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Mawile, Aegislash, Azumarill, Mega Blaziken just tear through the battles. Also heard Aegislash works really well as the AI don't take into account of Stance Change so you can abuse that with Swords Dance

foxyman1167
15th November 2013, 8:25 PM

I'm guessing that his ability Illusion doesn't trick the AI in the Battle Maison.

Aetius
15th November 2013, 8:29 PM

I would suggest using a fast team that can hit hard or some of the bulkier attackers. I've seen things like Garchomp, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Mawile, Aegislash, Azumarill, Mega Blaziken just tear through the battles. Also heard Aegislash works really well as the AI don't take into account of Stance Change so you can abuse that with Swords Dance

I see.
Well thanks for the advice; if I'll fail again I'll follow it. :)

foxyman1167
15th November 2013, 8:47 PM
Just beat the Regular Battle Charletaine Morgan for Rotation, she was a joke, it was my team of Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash / random poke vs. Swalot / Klefki / Sawsbuck / Mantine.

I DD'd while Swalot Stockpiled, I mega evolved, and then swept the team.

Now I'm gonna work on the Doubles line.

Amagidyne
15th November 2013, 9:06 PM
I've just beat the battle Charletaine for super singles.

I had a close call with a bulky Venusaur using the sub/leech/protect strategy. I couldn't out damage it, so I just DD with Gyrados, the AI knew it's strategy wouldn't work any further, so it started spamming Sludge Bomb. That battle seriously took like 8 minutes >.>

also congratz Foxyman.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
15th November 2013, 10:08 PM
When do you battle the Chantelaines in super multi battle? Is it 50? God it is tough. What pokemon do they have?

notnotjohn
15th November 2013, 10:19 PM
When do you battle the Chantelaines in super multi battle? Is it 50? God it is tough. What pokemon do they have?
Yeah you battle the Charletaines at 50 for the Super versions, and I believe for Multi Battles they have random pokes that they use in the other modes, so its kinda hard to prepare for it

Cuthrout
16th November 2013, 1:07 PM
Urgh, got to battle 50 of super singles. earth power critical hits my garchomp, out of anger I didnt check what i sent in and aegislash got destroyed... switch to gyarados, thunderus come out, i mega evolve after dragon dancing hurricane causes confusion hit myself in confusion... GF.

Aetius
16th November 2013, 6:39 PM
Defeated Nita and Evelyn and almost defeated Morgan, but lost in the most crucial moment. LOL
I don't know what I'll do now; doing the super single, double and triple battles.....
About the super ones, how many BP can you earn with each battle?

Rakansen
16th November 2013, 7:49 PM
About the super ones, how many BP can you earn with each battle?

It increases every ten battles, I believe it starts off with 2 BP, and it increases by 1 BP every ten battles, but I might be wrong. It's been a while since I've been using the Battle Maison since I'm training a new team for it at the moment.

Psynergy
16th November 2013, 7:54 PM
It increases every ten battles, I believe it starts off with 2 BP, and it increases by 1 BP every ten battles, but I might be wrong. It's been a while since I've been using the Battle Maison since I'm training a new team for it at the moment.

Yup, that's right, and it caps at 7 BP. So once you get a streak going beyond the Chatelaines, you always get 7 BP per battle that you win.

Aetius
16th November 2013, 7:59 PM
Thanks for answering me. :)
One last thing; the multiple battles are worth partecipating in? Do you unlock the super version of it? Does it give you many BP.
I know that I could just see it for myself, but I want to avoid wasting my time in something that do not add anyhing....

Klay
17th November 2013, 3:07 AM
Oh my goodness, thank you. I've been wanting this thread to happen so long, in fact I was thinking of posting one until this popped up! :D

This is the current team I'm building on for Super Singles:

Carracosta @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
Shell Smash
Rock Slide
Aqua Jet
Waterfall

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Toxic
Protect

Heat Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Trick
Volt Switch
Overheat
Shadow Ball

The Battle Maison, as many people say, can be really hectic due to the AI. Many of the opponents carry Quick Claw, and many low accuracy moves such as Blizzard and Thunder can not only hit, but it can also land a critical hit AND a status condition easily. If that wasn't bad enough, the upper levels are crawling with Quick Claw + OHKO Move, hence the reason why I chose a Carracosta with Sturdy as a sweeper. The reason why Carracosta carries Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge is to be on the safe side in terms of accuracy due to the unpredictable nature of the Battle Maison, and Carracosta also carries a Shell Bell to set up more Shell Smashes if its HP is full. Venusaur is mainly there to stall my opponents and check Carracosta's main weaknesses: Electric and Grass.

I'm looking forward to hearing tips and strategies from you guys, so far I've noticed that the best teams consist of only one sweeper, since having more than one can make your team very fragile.

Wow ive made a team really similare to yours! I just recently started the Battle Maison challenge and ive managed to only get to the 33 trainer with this team:

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claw
Adamant
252 Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Shell Smash
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Razor Shell

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Modest
(This venusaur is the one from the begining, I intend to breed to get one with Giga Drain with a Calm Nature)
Leech Seed
Toxic
Venoshock
Energie Ball

Rotom-Heat @ Leftover
Ability: Leviate
Bold(+Def,-Att)
( His EV are spread a way to make him overally bulky )
Thunderbolt
Will-o-wisp
Volt Switch
Overheat

I will probably change my Barbaracle for Caracosta, sturdy will be nice and i'll make him hold a Lum Berry, in case he get a statue problem.
I need to get this Venusaur with Giga Drain, Venoshock really helped me in many occasion, dont know if a should change it? MyRotom-H will stay like this, he really help a lot, this Bold Nature helped when taking physical hit that could have beat him.

It would be nice to get some tips!

Excitable Boy
17th November 2013, 3:53 AM
If someone can post Battle Video codes for Dana's Super team (or just her items), that'd be swell; I'm looking to take her items and movesets from her 'mons.

Psynergy
17th November 2013, 3:59 AM
If someone can post Battle Video codes for Dana's Super team, that'd be swell; I'm looking to take her items and movesets from her 'mons.

Looks like Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Chatelaine_Dana#Super_Triple_Battle_.28on_5 0th_consecutive_battle.29) has that info now, assuming it's correct. I don't have a video with her though, seeing as I haven't even reached her.

Unredemption
17th November 2013, 6:19 AM
I will probably change my Barbaracle for Caracosta, sturdy will be nice and i'll make him hold a Lum Berry, in case he get a statue problem.
I need to get this Venusaur with Giga Drain, Venoshock really helped me in many occasion, dont know if a should change it? MyRotom-H will stay like this, he really help a lot, this Bold Nature helped when taking physical hit that could have beat him.

If you're changing Barbaracle to Carracosta, you may want to consider Waterfall over Aqua Tail due to its 100 accuracy. As we know, the Battle Maison loves hax - Blaziken's HJK is a testament to that.

Giga Drain will definitely help Venusaur's longevity. As for Venoshock, you could play around with Sludge Bomb as well - if the Pokemon can be 2HKOed with 2 Sludge Bombs (as is commonplace in Battle Maison), it's probably better to do so instead of using Toxic then Venoshock. Then again this is theory, so you could try both out then use which is the most effective for you.

Also, have you considered running Sleep Powder on Venusaur then switching to Barbaracle to Shell Smash? A little gimmicky and unreliable due to 75% accuracy, but it might be worth a try.

Aegislash
17th November 2013, 6:35 AM
I'm considering running a Protean Greninja, Mega Blaziken, and Garchomp. Anyone see any holes in my team? Help is appreciated~

alejandrawr
17th November 2013, 6:53 AM
I'm considering running a Protean Greninja, Mega Blaziken, and Garchomp. Anyone see any holes in my team? Help is appreciated~

Well for what it's worth, I just ran a Protean Greninja, M-Blaziken, M-Gengar (the Mega evo going to the one who needed it at the time, usually Megengar). I got a streak of 32 before the trick room teams caught me >_> Narrowly escaped one on battle #31, swept the non-trick room #32 and then fell to another trick room team on #33, all lead by Slowbro. Three relatively frail, speedy sweepers are not the best idea IMO, though Garchomp obviously has much more bulk than Gengar. I'd advise that if you are going to run it, put something that can pummel Slowbro first, as that's the one that sets it up.

Myself, I'll be experimenting with Multiscale DD Dragonite lead, maybe Aegislash, and SB Blaziken/Protean Greninja. The former SHOULD be better, but Greninja was way more helpful in my only Battle Maison run so far.

Edit: I wonder what success people have had with bulkier/stall teams here? Thinking of running a Bold Wish-hax Vaporeon, maybe even bulky Paraflinch Togekiss.

Aegislash
17th November 2013, 6:56 AM
Well for what it's worth, I just ran a Protean Greninja, M-Blaziken, M-Gengar (the Mega evo going to the one who needed it at the time, usually Megengar). I got a streak of 32 before the trick room teams caught me >_> Narrowly escaped one on battle #31, swept the non-trick room #32 and then fell to another trick room team on #33, all lead by Slowbro. Three relatively frail, speedy sweepers are not the best idea IMO, though Garchomp obviously has much more bulk than Gengar. I'd advise that if you are going to run it, put something that can pummel Slowbro first, as that's the one that sets it up.

Myself, I'll be experimenting with Multiscale DD Dragonite lead, maybe Aegislash, and SB Blaziken/Protean Greninja. The former SHOULD be better, but Greninja was way more helpful in my only Battle Maison run so far.

Ah, I see. So I'll go M-Blaziken (is night slash an egg move for torchic?), Aegislash, Brave Multiscale DD Dragonite.

Psynergy
17th November 2013, 7:01 AM
Ah, I see. So I'll go M-Blaziken (is night slash an egg move for torchic?), Aegislash, Brave Multiscale DD Dragonite.

Night Slash is an egg move, though you could run Shadow Claw, which works very well with High Jump Kick for coverage. I tend to not run it myself, but that's because I go Hone Claws to patch up High Jump Kick's accuracy, and it's awful to have that miss on you. He works ridiculously well too, from my experience.

Aegislash
17th November 2013, 7:05 AM
Night Slash is an egg move, though you could run Shadow Claw, which works very well with High Jump Kick for coverage. I tend to not run it myself, but that's because I go Hone Claws to patch up High Jump Kick's accuracy, and it's awful to have that miss on you. He works ridiculously well too, from my experience.

Oh, alright. So Shadow Claw, High Jump Kick, Flare Blitz, Hone Claws it is for me, then. I hate missing the high jump kicks too. They hurt a lot. As for Dragonite, should I go DD, Dragon Claw, Fly, Aqua Tail? I don't know of any physical stab flying type moves it has besides Fly and Wing Attack.

Edit: Here's how I beat the regular singles: LYQG-WWWW-WWW3-W87Q (lol my nub team).
Edit 2: Also thinking about trying out the triple battles. My team would be: Alakazam (Magic Guard), Talonflame(Gale Wings), Mega Charizard X, Dragonite(Multiscale), Heracross(Moxie), and Greninja(Protean). Anyone know any pokemon so I can replace either my heracross, greninja, or talonflame? (cause I'm drawing a blank)

chap196
17th November 2013, 8:01 AM
Oh, alright. So Shadow Claw, High Jump Kick, Flare Blitz, Hone Claws it is for me, then. I hate missing the high jump kicks too. They hurt a lot. As for Dragonite, should I go DD, Dragon Claw, Fly, Aqua Tail? I don't know of any physical stab flying type moves it has besides Fly and Wing Attack.

Edit: Here's how I beat the regular singles: LYQG-WWWW-WWW3-W87Q (lol my nub team).
Edit 2: Also thinking about trying out the triple battles. My team would be: Alakazam (Magic Guard), Talonflame(Gale Wings), Mega Charizard X, Dragonite(Multiscale), Heracross(Moxie), and Greninja(Protean). Anyone know any pokemon so I can replace either my heracross, greninja, or talonflame? (cause I'm drawing a blank)

I don't think Dragonite really needs a Flying STAB move as it didn't cover much (and there are not many option for Flying Type move on Dragonite). And Fly requires 2 turns to attack which is also not good. I would use Earthquake or Fire Punch instead to cover Steel Type Pokemon. Earthquake to cover Rock and Steel Type Pokemon or Fire Punch to cover Ferrothorn.

RoySceptile
17th November 2013, 9:47 AM
I'm having trouble over what to run on Blaziken. Currently have this:

Blaziken@Blazikenite
(+Sp.Att, - Sp.Def), 252 Speed, 126 Att, 126 Sp.Att
Speed Boost
-Hone Claws
-Overheat
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut

Want to swap something for Shadow Claw but if;

a) I switch it for Overheat, my mixed set (i.e. nature, EVs) are wasted.
b)I switch it for Blaze Kick, I can't keep using Fire moves due to -2 Sp.Att drop.

Aetius
17th November 2013, 9:52 AM
I'm having trouble over what to run on Blaziken. Currently have this:

Blaziken@Blazikenite
(+Sp.Att, - Sp.Def), 252 Speed, 126 Att, 126 Sp.Att
Speed Boost
-Hone Claws
-Overheat
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut

Want to swap something for Shadow Claw but if;

a) I switch it for Overheat, my mixed set (i.e. nature, EVs) are wasted.
b)I switch it for Blaze Kick, I can't keep using Fire moves due to -2 Sp.Att drop.

I swear that when it comes to EV's and IV's I'm still a novice, but why did you give to Blaziken a nature that lowered its Sp. Def and increased its Sp. Atk, which isn't even Blaziken's forte?
Besides isn't Overheat a bit too risky? I think that Blaze kick or Flare Blitz is enough for Blaziken...Shadow claw as you said, should be a better option for type coverage.
Moreover, I would teach it again Hi jump kick; it is more powerful than Sky uppercut and they pretty much have the same precision.
Just saying; after al you're free to do what you want with your Pokčmon :)

RoySceptile
17th November 2013, 10:35 AM
I swear that when it comes to EV's and IV's I'm still a novice, but why did you give to Blaziken a nature that lowered its Sp. Def and increased its Sp. Atk, which isn't even Blaziken's forte?
Besides isn't Overheat a bit too risky? I think that Blaze kick or Flare Blitz is enough for Blaziken...Shadow claw as you said, should be a better option for type coverage.
Moreover, I would teach it again Hi jump kick; it is more powerful than Sky uppercut and they pretty much have the same precision.
Just saying; after al you're free to do what you want with your Pokčmon :)

After MegaEvolving, it has a base 130 Sp.Attack.
I think it could be useful for the physical walls trying to switch in. Also, I don't want to lose half my HP/kill myself if someone decides to use Protect or send out a Ghost, so that's why I don't run HJK or, to a lesser extent, Flare Blitz.

Aetius
17th November 2013, 11:32 AM
After MegaEvolving, it has a base 130 Sp.Attack.
I think it could be useful for the physical walls trying to switch in. Also, I don't want to lose half my HP/kill myself if someone decides to use Protect or send out a Ghost, so that's why I don't run HJK or, to a lesser extent, Flare Blitz.

I see, but wouldn't Flamethrower be enough for the physical walls?
As for the rest well you're right, but I feel like I havent' been of help to you. XD

alejandrawr
17th November 2013, 3:56 PM
Ran that Dragonite-Aegislash-Greninja set. Only made it to 30 wins as opposed to 32 -___- Oddly the matches were easier on average, I really only ****ed up against Gardevoir of all things... With my Greninja >_> Knew that it was too specially defensive to OHKO with Dark Pulse, so I guessed right and used HP Fire, doing damage and resisting the incoming Dazzling Gleam. Decided to go for Surf, not realizing that of course Psychic would come next, so I should've used Dark Pulse for the immunity, and then KOed with Surf on the next turn OTL

Even with Life Orb, Timid 31/x/31/30/31/30 Greninja was doing a lot less damage than I would have liked, swapping him out for M-Gengar one more time before I try ParahaxKiss/M-Aggron/Bulky Wish Vaporeon ._.

AuraChannelerChris
17th November 2013, 4:52 PM
Either my team setup is horrible for Super battles, or the trainers will always throw a wrench into my strategy of terminating my Earthquake + extra single deadly attack combo. I have only reached the 10th mark (and saved there) for each Super battle type, while my normal battles are all saved at the 20th mark.

Maybe I should breed a better Dugtrio with perfect IVs? I could use a 31 IV boost for everything across the board...

bombe32
17th November 2013, 4:52 PM
I made it to 47 wins in Super Singles with my team:

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Levitate
Modest
220 HP / 60 SpA / 228 Spe
Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump
Will-o-Wisp
Rest

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Technician
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Spore
Bullet Seed
Mach Punch
Rock Tomb

Talonflame @ Shell Bell
Gale Wings
Adamant
76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Protect
Will-o-Wisp
Flare Blitz
Brave Bird

I didn't have too many problems overall, but I got effed over by a Double Team using Cresselia that toxic stalled my entire team in battle #48 :(

Talonflame has a double resistance to grass types, making it safe to switch to it when Rotom leads, but teams with multiple grass types are still dangerous because Rotom can't do anything to them and Breloom doesn't like it when the opponent won't fall asleep. Psychic types are, perhaps, more dangerous, as illustrated by my run ending to Cresselia. Even though it's BS that Cresselia uses Double Team + Toxic + Protect with Leftovers, it would've fallen to a Taunt user or another Toxic staller - or maybe just use a Dark / Ghost type.

I used my Grass-Fire-Water core the whole way, but eventually it's beaten, especially by Dragons. But it's extremely solid, because it covers almost all types, and if they did face Dragons, Breloom could put them to sleep or Rotom / Talonflame could burn them and hit back with neutral.
Around battle #39, the team should be switched up a bit, though. I think using a Steel type is a must, as well as a Water type with access to Ice Beam.

Zyon
17th November 2013, 5:08 PM
I'm trying out my classic combo Garchomp + Crobat lead in doubles. Even before I breed them my in-game team could get me to battle 20 alone before I had to switch. Now I'm back with better moves and properly trained just to see how far I can go without needing to switch. I'm grinding to gather BP to get the items and TMs I might need before I start battling online.

My team:
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly (+Spd -Sp.atk)
4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
-Dual Chop
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Protect

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly (+Spd -Sp.atk)
4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
-U-turn
-Cross Poison
-Brave Bird(No Flying Gem so I'm not using Acrobatics)
-Protect

Aegislash @ None(Still need to find Leftovers****aded it away])
Ability: Stance Change
Adamant (+Atk -Sp.atk)
252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.def
-Shadow Claw
-Sacred Sword
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Timid (+Spd -Atk)
4 Hp/ 252 Sp.atk/ 252 Spd
-U-turn
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Grass Knot

I also have M-Gengar and Klefki that I can use.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
17th November 2013, 8:21 PM
I lost a 24 in super multi battle and then I tried again and lost at the same number. It was the same trainers as well. God it sucks to lose when you are somewhat halfway to 50....

Does anyone know if only Entei gets a new move (sacred fire) and no other legends?

Taodragon
17th November 2013, 8:25 PM
Does anyone know if only Entei gets a new move (sacred fire) and no other legends?

Tornadus has been reported to get Aeroblast, but that's it so far.

foxyman1167
17th November 2013, 8:31 PM
I managed to unlock all the super lines for each battle style, just 20 straight wins for each line no problem. Now I have 650 BP, but I can't decide whether to buy all the TMs first, or at all really. I'll never use them, but I'm a collecter, I like to have them all.

Later I'm going to try a new super singles team of Magic Bounce Espeon / Speed Boost Blaziken / Gooey Goodra, and see how far that goes.

Special thanks to the random on my friend list that had Landorus and Milotic in Multi, combined with my Gyara, two EQs killed everything except flying / Levitate.

BlueEew
18th November 2013, 1:13 AM
I have only attempted singles. My Super Single record is 247.

foxyman1167
18th November 2013, 1:53 AM
Tried out a new team today in the Battle Maison, the only other three IV bred, EV trained Pokemon I have, Magic Bounce Espeon / Gooey Goodra / (Mega) Blaziken. They are good Pokemon separately, but together they don't work that well together. Sadly that streak ended at 21, thanks to a Pure Power Medicham that even after being burnt blasted through all three of them.

In my experience, having two sweepers and one Pokemon that can tank hits and spread status is the formula for success, I've found my Rotom-H / Rotom-W (I change it depending on the other members) to be extremely helpful, spreading burns and paralysis, while also having great bulk.

I have only attempted singles. My Super Single record is 247.

A streak like that deserves more of an explanation...

Klay
18th November 2013, 2:27 AM
If you're changing Barbaracle to Carracosta, you may want to consider Waterfall over Aqua Tail due to its 100 accuracy. As we know, the Battle Maison loves hax - Blaziken's HJK is a testament to that.

Giga Drain will definitely help Venusaur's longevity. As for Venoshock, you could play around with Sludge Bomb as well - if the Pokemon can be 2HKOed with 2 Sludge Bombs (as is commonplace in Battle Maison), it's probably better to do so instead of using Toxic then Venoshock. Then again this is theory, so you could try both out then use which is the most effective for you.

Also, have you considered running Sleep Powder on Venusaur then switching to Barbaracle to Shell Smash? A little gimmicky and unreliable due to 75% accuracy, but it might be worth a try.

Yes I was considering using Waterfall over AquaTail, i have a little phobia about the accurcy of the move, but sometime you just dont have the choice. That's why I use RockSlide over Stone Edge even if the difference in power is quite big.

With the accurcy of sleep powder and how the game love to hax( believed that the game was unfair just with me lol) I will probably not use it.

I was considering another member, maybe Tyranitar with a Lum Berry or Assault Vest. Or a Dark type, I strugle a lil bit with those type...
Maybe even Espeon with Magic Bounce. With Psyshock it souldnt have a probleme againts Blissey, but i dont know if a should make him a lead with Double Screen and Wish. Or offensive with Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball for the steel type and Calm Mind.

Rakansen
18th November 2013, 3:23 AM
Yes I was considering using Waterfall over AquaTail, i have a little phobia about the accurcy of the move, but sometime you just dont have the choice. That's why I use RockSlide over Stone Edge even if the difference in power is quite big.

With the accurcy of sleep powder and how the game love to hax( believed that the game was unfair just with me lol) I will probably not use it.

I was considering another member, maybe Tyranitar with a Lum Berry or Assault Vest. Or a Dark type, I strugle a lil bit with those type...
Maybe even Espeon with Magic Bounce. With Psyshock it souldnt have a probleme againts Blissey, but i dont know if a should make him a lead with Double Screen and Wish. Or offensive with Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball for the steel type and Calm Mind.

Woah! Are you planning a team with a Mega Venusaur and a Carracosta too?! I was planning a team with Mega Venusaur, a Carracosta, and Rotom-H!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I tried facing Nita after a 49-battle streak and I lost:

E5LG-WWWW-WWW3-XEN8

It's with my old team: Mega Mawile, Blaziken, and Noivern.

I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. I'm already breeding Tirtouga with 31 IVs in Attack and Speed but I've yet to see one with a nature that boosts Speed, since max speed is crucial in outspeeding Thundurus and Landorus. Then again, Crustle has better Speed so I'll be able to invest more in Attack, but I feel as though Carracosta has more coverage. Any tips guys? Thanks.

Excitable Boy
18th November 2013, 3:45 AM
Tornadus has been reported to get Aeroblast, but that's it so far.

According to Bulbapedia, Tornadus doesn't have Aeroblast, but Entei has Sacred Fire.

I suspect the Chatelaines use multiple teams.

foxyman1167
18th November 2013, 9:11 PM
I got two rather middling streaks today in the 20s range, Mega Blaziken just doesn't have the bulk that Mega Gyarados has, any neutral hit does quite a bit, while almost any SE attack threatens to KO. Blaziken certainly has a power advantage over Gyara, it's got two very powerful STABs, compared to Waterfall.

Not to mention Rotom-H has more resistances to Rotom-W, though Hydro Pump is vastly superior to Overheat. I wish they gave it Fire Blast instead....

Ah well, I'll just use my original Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash team to amass more BP, I'm already at 750.

SkyDeity
18th November 2013, 9:20 PM
Tried out a new team today in the Battle Maison, the only other three IV bred, EV trained Pokemon I have, Magic Bounce Espeon / Gooey Goodra / (Mega) Blaziken. They are good Pokemon separately, but together they don't work that well together. Sadly that streak ended at 21, thanks to a Pure Power Medicham that even after being burnt blasted through all three of them.

In my experience, having two sweepers and one Pokemon that can tank hits and spread status is the formula for success, I've found my Rotom-H / Rotom-W (I change it depending on the other members) to be extremely helpful, spreading burns and paralysis, while also having great bulk.

Medicham is ridiculous...it ended my streak twice. I'm gonna have to breed for a Timid Gengar now

XXD17
18th November 2013, 9:39 PM

I have to agree...I'm on my 40th super single and my team of kangaskhan, chandelure and ferrothorn haven't lost yet...

venetrix
18th November 2013, 10:39 PM
I'm playing around with ideas at the moment, but my current team for Super Single battles is as follows:

Noivern @Timid
Choice Specs @Frisk
Boomburst
Flamethrower
Switcheroo
Draco Meteor

Azumarill @Adamant
Sitrus Berry @Huge Power
Aqua Jet
Belly Drum
Play Rough
Superpower

(Mega) Lucario @Hasty
Lucarionite @Steadfast (Adaptability)
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Extremespeed
Shadow Claw

My strategy so far has been pretty simple: Noivern leads and scouts the opposing Pokemon's item. The first turn requires some prediction, but usually involves switching items to lock my opponent into their first move. If I think they're going to go for the OHKO instead, I switch in one of my sweepers depending on the type of attack I think is coming. I've found Azumarill and Lucario between them cover Noivern's weaknesses pretty well.

Azumarill can be tricky to set up safely, usually requiring my opponent to be choice-locked into a resisted attack before I feel safe enough to fire off a Belly Drum. Once that's done though, Aqua Jet sweeps damn near everything out there.

Lucario is easier to get in and set up in spite of its legendary frailness. Again, the plan here is simply set up and sweep. I'm going to try a few battles using Flash Cannon instead of Shadow Claw, as I find I don't really use the claw that often. The reason for my Lucario's unusual nature is that it's the same one I acquired from Serena during my playthrough. I'm currently breeding for a flawless Adamant version with Bullet Punch to take its place. At the moment Lucario feels a lot like filler in my team, and I'm open to the idea of switching it out for something else.

Any suggestions for improvements?

iTarTar
19th November 2013, 3:49 AM
So right now I am at a streak of 17 in Super Triples... I am completely un-prepared. I messed around with a Banded Earthquake Garchomp in the center with Dragonite and Rotom at the sides, kinda worked. I tried MegaChomp for SlideQuake with Air Balloon Rhyperior and Dazzling Specs Gengar... barely worked. I tried a sun team with MegaYzard, Talonflame and Blaziken... too gimmicky. Triples is much more interesting than Singles in terms of preparations required. I need to find three Pokemon that work well together on the field at one time, that can hit multiple enemies without backlash and are strong with three more Pokemon in reserve to sponge/wall/switch-in.

I've been thinking about using a team like this:

Garchomp @ Garchompite -- Center
Adamant | 252 ATK / 252 SPE
Earthquake - Outrage - Rock Slide - Iron Head

Zapdos @ Life Orb -- Left (Don't have yet)
Modest/ Timid | 252 SPA / 252 SPE
Discharge - Thunderbolt - Ancient Power - Round (#2sweg4u)

Noivern @ Choice Specs -- Right (Telepathy) (Don't have yet)
Modest | 252 SPA / 252 SPE
Boomburst - Draco Meteor - Hurricane - U-turn

Dragonite @ Lum Berry -- Reserve (Multscale)
Adamant | 252 ATK / 252 SPE
Dragon Dance - Outrage - Roost - Fire Punch

Rotom-W @ Leftovers -- Reserve
Calm | 252 HP / 52 SPA / 200 SPD
Hydro Pump - Volt Switch - Thunder Wave - Hex

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy -- Reserve (Don't have yet)
Adamant | 252 HP / 152 ATK / 100 SPA
Automize - Shadow Ball - Shadow Sneak - Iron Head

From what I can think of right now, only a Scarfed Jynx would be able to damage my to the point of me fearing a loss. I'd appreciate feedback and / or help getting this team together in order to beat Triples and later on Doubles (Garchomp & Zapdos + Aegislash & Rotom-W).

AuraChannelerChris
19th November 2013, 3:57 AM
Those cheating computers.

They have a Dragalge with its Hidden Ability. What's its Hidden Ability? Adaptability. Say hello to Draco Meteor to the face.

And no, there's still no known way to own one, not even through Friend Safari.

Rakurai
19th November 2013, 4:19 AM
They also use Pokemon with the B/W 2 move tutor moves.

Though that's not quite as unfair as having HA Pokemon we probably won't get until the next game is released.

AuraChannelerChris
19th November 2013, 4:30 AM

Though that's not quite as unfair as having HA Pokemon we probably won't get until the next game is released.

I miss Tutors. B2W2 were very great because of all the versatility in raising Pokemon.

Psynergy
19th November 2013, 4:58 AM

I think what was worse was letting Lysandre's Gyarados know Outrage in-game, despite it being a tutor. At least Cyrus teaching his Honckrow Heat Wave in Platinum was justified by the existence of tutors in the game. Though things like HA legendaries in the Maison is just mean, especially since they're unreleased in pretty much every case.

Au Au
19th November 2013, 6:08 AM
Hey y'all.

Need help with my Battle Maison team. Basically, I've got these Pokemon via Wonder Trade, and I think they're quite good too. I still haven't checked their IVs, and they're freshly hatched from eggs, so I'm willing to EV train them using the ST. Anyway, I would really appreciate you guys helping me with them (no egg moves please, as I said, I don't really like breeding much). Comment away.

(Mega) Kangaskhan
Adamant (+ Attack, - Sp Attack)
Scrappy
- Power-Up Punch (does it have a double Attack boost due to Parental Bond?)
- Sucker Punch
- Fake Out?
- Return

Goodra
Gooey
*need help with EV Spread*
*need help with good moves, especially a counter to Fairies*

*LAST POKEMON WANTED*

Planning to use:
- Skarmory
- Ferrothorn
- Chesnaught

Klay
19th November 2013, 7:08 AM
Woah! Are you planning a team with a Mega Venusaur and a Carracosta too?! I was planning a team with Mega Venusaur, a Carracosta, and Rotom-H!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I tried facing Nita after a 49-battle streak and I lost:

E5LG-WWWW-WWW3-XEN8

It's with my old team: Mega Mawile, Blaziken, and Noivern.

I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. I'm already breeding Tirtouga with 31 IVs in Attack and Speed but I've yet to see one with a nature that boosts Speed, since max speed is crucial in outspeeding Thundurus and Landorus. Then again, Crustle has better Speed so I'll be able to invest more in Attack, but I feel as though Carracosta has more coverage. Any tips guys? Thanks.

Yes, but even with the priority Aqua Jet, i wonder if Carracosta will be able to outspeed speedy foes after one ShellSmash if he will have to use his other move. So Im considering other member:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability Poison Heal
Impish or Careful nature
-Sp.A, +Def/+Sp.D
Protect
Sword Dance/Taunt
Ice Fand
Earthquake

And

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability Magic Bounce
Timid (+Speed, -Att)
Reflect
Lightscreen
Dazzling Gleam
Psyschock

For gliscor i want to invest in his Sp.D to be able to take Sp.Hit decently. Specificaly agaisnt the Legendary of the super single chatelaine.
Sword Dance is to boost the power from ice fang, who's there to have a good coverage with earthquake. Protect is there to recover with Poison Heal and stall if the foes have been leech seeded, poisoned or burned by the two other member who cover his weakness.

With Espeon, he's there to give more protection to M-Venusaur and Rotom-H, and also reflect the statut move that are not covered by the other two. Psyshock his almost only there for Chansey/Blissey, Jellicent and other Special waller.

I will try both of them with venusaur and rotom, i've already breed the Timid eevee with 31/x/31/31/31/31 IV. Only have to do the gligar and the bulbasaur with Giga Drain..
Suggestion are appreciated!

Zloik
19th November 2013, 7:11 AM
So I'm guessing there's no way to glass cannon through the thing ey?

Rakurai
19th November 2013, 7:16 AM
It's highly recommended that you have a few durable Pokemon on your team that can take a hit or two, otherwise, unexpected Choice Scarf/Focus Sash users will cause a lot of trouble.

Xaby
19th November 2013, 7:22 AM
So I'm guessing there's no way to glass cannon through the thing ey?

You can glass canon up to 30 as long as they're good, have good coverage, and the mons synergize with each other. I ran up to 30 last night with my old team of Mega Charizard Y, Protoss Greninja, and Speed Boost Blaziken. They can probably reach 40 at that point, but I didn't really want to risk it.

Higher levels are where the legendaries and unavailables start appearing, with good moves and proper equipment. Just a brute force strategy at that point will meet a team that is just faster and/or stronger than is currently available. At that point, you need to be stronger and faster than what a Pokémon normally is.

rocky505
19th November 2013, 8:32 AM
I got up to 50 with these 3 until I decided to take a break

Dragonite@ Lum Berry
Adamant
252 ATK 252 Speed 6 HP
Multiscale
-EQ
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Punch
-Outrage

Greninja@ Leftovers
Modest
252 SPATK 252 Speed 6 HP
Protean
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-U Turn
-Dark Pulse

Aggron@ Aggronite
Careful
252 SPDEF 60ATK 198 HP
Sturdy(Filter)
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge(Actually came in handy against those annoying stockpile users)
-Iron Head
-Thunder Wave(Helped out against an annoying Mandibuzz that abused Substitute, Roost)

I bumped into 2 Tornadus, I froze the first one with Greninja and OHKOed the one used by the #50 trainer with a crit with Dragonite. So I couldn't tell if any had Aeroblast or not. Aggron did surprisingly well. There were times where it was better to stay normal though(Like getting stab from Stone Edge to KO stuff easier). Cradily's were nothing but setup fodder against Dragonite. I'd go +6 using DD and sweep with ease. The Maison isn't as annoying as Subway or the Towers IMO

Rakansen
20th November 2013, 7:14 AM
Does anyone know if Sturdy is really necessary for Maison teams? I'm really paranoid about OHKO users and I want to reach the 200-battle streak. Sturdy is immune to these moves, but most Pokémon with Sturdy use up valuable slots in my team. Instead of Carracosta I sort of want to get a Cloyster instead, since it can break through Focus Sash and can sweep through Nita's team once you reach 50 battles.

~Sam~
20th November 2013, 7:23 AM
Does anyone know how the BP you get scales?

Psynergy
20th November 2013, 7:29 AM
Does anyone know how the BP you get scales?

In the normal lines, you get 1 BP for the first 10 and 2 BP for the next battles until the end. For Super, starting with 2 BP per win, it increases every 10 battles with a maximum of 7 BP per win, which happens after beating the Maison leader at 50 battles.

~Sam~
20th November 2013, 7:31 AM
In the normal lines, you get 1 BP for the first 10 and 2 BP for the next battles until the end. For Super, starting with 2 BP per win, it increases every 10 battles with a maximum of 7 BP per win, which happens after beating the Maison leader at 50 battles.

7 BP per battle is a VERY good rate. Too bad my team currently stinks and I can't get past 3 wins :P

magentaman
20th November 2013, 3:25 PM
I've been doing pretty well on singles with Greninja, Togekiss and Garchomp.
Kiss has been the star for me though, between flinches bulk and recovery it's saved me on several occasions.

BlueEew
20th November 2013, 7:37 PM

What type of explanation do you want? I'm guessing you want my team?

Anyways I lost on 248 due to a Cobalion having Quick Attack and finishing my Sashed Pokemon off. All I can say is the Maison does create teams to counter yours the further you get on the streak, specifically from my experience a team designed to beat your lead Pokemon. I probably should of paid more attention to be honest as when I got to my Target of 200 for the Berry I didn't really pay attention.

I have now started a new streak with the same Pokemon and I am at 150 at the moment, I ain't playing as much as I was before but I'm aiming to beat my Streak.

foxyman1167
20th November 2013, 11:13 PM
What type of explanation do you want? I'm guessing you want my team?

Anyways I lost on 248 due to a Cobalion having Quick Attack and finishing my Sashed Pokemon off. All I can say is the Maison does create teams to counter yours the further you get on the streak, specifically from my experience a team designed to beat your lead Pokemon. I probably should of paid more attention to be honest as when I got to my Target of 200 for the Berry I didn't really pay attention.

I have now started a new streak with the same Pokemon and I am at 150 at the moment, I ain't playing as much as I was before but I'm aiming to beat my Streak.

Yes I was interested in your team.

Also, did the AI ever mega evolve?

BlueEew
21st November 2013, 12:29 AM
No Mega Evolutions have happened.

Psynergy
21st November 2013, 12:32 AM
No Mega Evolutions have happened.

I suspected that might have been the case when I hadn't seen any going on 70 wins. If they don't have Megas by that point, I think it's safe to say they won't happen at all. Which is somewhat disappointing, but I can't say I'm too surprised.

AuraChannelerChris
21st November 2013, 1:33 AM
I suspected that might have been the case when I hadn't seen any going on 70 wins. If they don't have Megas by that point, I think it's safe to say they won't happen at all. Which is somewhat disappointing, but I can't say I'm too surprised.

The whole mechanic is just resurfacing in the region anyway.

Unless there were good people in Team Flare that copied the data Lysandre had about Mega Evolutions.

Rakurai
21st November 2013, 4:05 AM
I don't think having trainers Mega Evolutions would be that unusual considering that so many of them are packing legendary Pokemon and what not.

I'm guessing they'll probably have them in the next game.

Puma Italia
21st November 2013, 4:09 AM
It's almost laughable how ridiculous some of the teams/moves that the AI use at times.

AuraChannelerChris
21st November 2013, 4:13 AM
It's almost laughable how ridiculous some of the teams/moves that the AI use at times.

Game Freak knows very well all those underlying mechanics they don't explain in great detail (that Destiny Knot thing for example was only told to Japanese gamers...and not us). They do really want people to figure it all out in groups.

Klay
21st November 2013, 4:45 AM
My team of Gliscor, M-Venusaur and Rotom-H is promising. I dont fear any statu move except confusion. My Gliscor is a female one and those who use attract a generaly female pkmn. They all have good bulk and hit decently. Gliscor after a sword dance hit hard with Earthquake and Ice Fang. Im still thinking if I should teach him Taunt?

Their speed is not that great, but their bulk and the little recovery they get compensate for that.
Now I just need to replace the M-Venusaur for one with Giga Drain for longevity, but my breeding today isnt going that well... Im trying to get a Calm Bulbasaur with 31/x/31/31/31/31 but I always miss at least one stat..

Rakurai
21st November 2013, 4:46 AM
I think the two of the most blatant examples of AI cheating are when it comes to them using Yawn or Protect.

In the former case, it's not uncommon for them to predict that you'll switch out numerous times and just keep spamming Yawn until they either run out of PP or you just give up and let a Pokemon fall asleep. In the latter case, they'll pretty much never use Protect if you aren't trying to hit them something, and the reverse.

Shieldsy
21st November 2013, 8:42 AM
I'm stuck! The furthest I've gotten is around battle 37 :/

Dragonite holding Weakness Policy
Adamant nature with Multiscales
31 IVs in HP, Attack, Defence, Special Defence, Speed
EVs 252Atk/252Spd/4... Cant remember?
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Fly
Thunder Punch

Aegislash holding Shell Bell
Brave Nature with Stance Change
31 IVs in... I can't remember but definitely Attack, Defence, Special Defence and 0 IV's in Speed
EVs 252Atk/128Def/128SpDef
Iron Head
King's Shield
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance

Alakazam holding Alakazite
Modest Nature with Synchronise
31 IVs in Special Attack and Speed
EVs 252SpAtk/252Spd
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Psychic

Any advice would be good thanks :)

fabserebii
21st November 2013, 10:18 AM
you miss a focus sash pkm... i never faced the various "battle maison" without it... too many variables with quick clawers, bad hits, etc........ i'm currently at battle 80+ using aegislash (with lum berry, in order to avoid status problems), Garchomp with anti-ice berry, and gengar with focus sash and destiny bond, and i have had only a couple of difficult situations...

CircuitAngel
21st November 2013, 10:41 AM
I'm stuck! The furthest I've gotten is around battle 37 :/

Dragonite holding Persim Berry
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Outrage
Fire Punch

Aegislash holding Leftovers
31 IVs in... I can't remember but definitely Attack, Defence, Special Defence and 0 IV's in Speed
Iron Head (I prefer Sacred Sword for dealing with buffed tanks, but this is a dealer's choice situation)
King's Shield
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance

EVs 252SpAtk/252Spd
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Psychic

Any advice would be good thanks :)

All my opinion...

I don't think you need a Focus Sash'd member as fabserebii said personally, as nothing you have really benefits from it, and Multiscale Dragonite is as good (or better) than a Focus Sash 90% of the time, so he can take your big hits/Quick Claw hax.

Just a point on Shadow Sneak; you had no priority on your team, and no sash breaking (weather/hazards), I think it is important that you have a way to deal with a Sash'd/Sturdy opponent; especially one that has their own Priority, has buffed to outspeed M-Alakazam, or if Zam is down. Given fabserebii's team, for example, his Gengar alone would cause major issues for your team with your current setup, and that is not a corner case scenario.

MechaBulba
21st November 2013, 3:32 PM
Did the standard Rotation battles the other day for the first time. Forgot how fun and tactical Rotation battles can be since I only ever got to do like one in pokemon White since may game was Triple Battle focused.
Also discovered how weak my current team is to Ground, almost got sweeped by a Shell Smashing, Earthquake using Marcargo, A MARCARGO!

Shame you can't battle over wi-fi with friends in the Multi-battles. Anyways next for me is to beat the standard Singles and buy myself Steel Wing.

foxyman1167
21st November 2013, 3:58 PM
@Shieldsy

Dragonite doesn't need Fly. Ever. Give it Dragon Claw instead, and Fire Punch or Waterfall in the last slot.

For Aegislash, give him Sacred Sword and Shadow Sneak, the two moves have perfect coverage together, and as someone mentioned, SS ignores Defense stat boosts (and I've faced a lot of Pokémon with Curse.)

Alakazam should really have a Timid nature, and find out if it has a useful Hidden Power.

CircuitAngel
21st November 2013, 4:29 PM
Alakazam should really have a Timid nature, and find out if it has a useful Hidden Power.
If his Speed IV is perfect, he can probably get away with Modest, M-Zam is pretty crazy fast. Since BM doesn't have enemy Mega Evos, the only thing that would beat it would be Max Speed Deoxys, Crobat, Jolteon, Accelgor, Ninjask and Electrode. Definitely some concerns if Agility, Speed Boost, Shell Smash or Baton Passing gets involved, but the extra SpA may solve that issue before it becomes one. Scarf'd mons could be an issue, but I would have to look more at what threats break that barrier while still being an issue for the entire team.

Ghost-Type
21st November 2013, 6:27 PM
The Super Battles are very challenging. Got surprising loss after just 8 rounds of Super Double....Got paralyzed, leech seeded, and confused by the enemy team...kept being paralyzed and hitting myself in my confusion. >.> I find that a lot of "cheating" goes on at the AI's end. It's like all the odds are against you...

Very entertaining though. v.v

Hammerheart
21st November 2013, 7:17 PM
Made it to battle 19 of the Super Double yesterday.

I'm surprised I got that far, as my team was Charizard (Y), Kangaskhan, Gardevoir and Heracross. But obviously I could only mega one per battle, so I had to just gamble and mega evolve the one I thought would benefit most. I really ought to EV train some none megas...

As surprising as it was it was annoying to come so close to that 20th battle.

Hoppian
21st November 2013, 8:30 PM
I have been using this team and I can´t pass 30 streak:
Blaziken@blazikenite
Nature:Adamant
Abillity Speed Boost
252 atk/252 spd/4 hp
-Hone Claws
-Blaze Kick
-Hi jump Kick
-Double kick (for break sturdy and sashes)

Togekiss@Life orb
Abillity: Serene Grace
Nature: Timid
Can´t remenber exactly the EVs...
-Nasty Plot
-Air slash
-Dazzling gleam
-Roost

Aegislash@leftovers
Abillity: Stance change
Nature: adamant
252 atk/252 HP/ 4 spd
-King´s shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow sneak
-Sacred sword

I´m also building this team:

Dragonite@Damp Rock
Nature: modest
Abillity: Multiscale
252 HP/252 sp.atk/4 spd
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Roost

Greninja@life orb
Abillity: protean
252 sp.atk/252 spd/4hp
-Hydro Pump
-Ice beam
-Dark pulse
-U-turn/spikes (I´m not yet sure which one to pick)

Khangaskan@khangaskanite (revenge killer and swepper)
Abillity:Scrappy
Nature:Jolly
252 atk/ 252 spd/4Hp
-Fake out
-Return(I wanted to use Body Slam over return, but i must wait ´till December to do it)
-Crunch
-Power up Punch

What do you think guys? I still didn´t used the second team because I still breeding Khangaskan and leveling Dragonite to learn Hurricane, but I´m a little more confident about the second one. Any tips of what could I do or trade in both teams?
Thanks in advance.
Obs: All my pokémon are flawess, if it helps...

Rakansen
22nd November 2013, 4:03 AM

Dragonite@Damp Rock
252 HP/252 sp.atk/4 spd
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Roost

Greninja@life orb
252 sp.atk/252 spd/4hp
-Hydro Pump
-Ice beam
-Dark pulse

252 atk/ 252 spd/4Hp
-Fake out
-Return(I wanted to use Body Slam over return, but i must wait ´till December to do it)
-Crunch
-Power up Punch

What do you think guys? I still didn´t used the second team because I still breeding Khangaskan and leveling Dragonite to learn Hurricane, but I´m a little more confident about the second one. Any tips of what could I do or trade in both teams?
Thanks in advance.

Looks pretty good, your Dragonite set looks really interesting. I'm not the best when it comes to competitive battling though, so I can't fully predict how your team will play out.

Anyways, guys, I'm thinking of scrapping my entire team in the past, and instead of Rotom-H I'll use a Weavile with this set:
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature (+Spe,-SpA)
Ice Punch
Fake Out
Power-Up Punch
Night Slash

It's going to be my lead, but it seems a little too fragile. I wanted to go for a Swagger + Foul Play combo, but I don't want to wait for December, haha.

Klay
22nd November 2013, 5:30 AM
Blaziken@blazikenite
Abillity Speed Boost
252 atk/252 spd/4 hp
-Hone Claws
-Blaze Kick
-Hi jump Kick

Togekiss@Life orb
-Nasty Plot
-Air slash
-Dazzling gleam
-Roost

Aegislash@leftovers
252 atk/252 HP/ 4 spd
-King´s shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow sneak
-Sacred sword

Dragonite@Damp Rock
252 HP/252 sp.atk/4 spd
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Roost

Greninja@life orb
252 sp.atk/252 spd/4hp
-Hydro Pump
-Ice beam
-Dark pulse

252 atk/ 252 spd/4Hp
-Fake out
-Crunch
-Power up Punch

Thanks in advance.

Nice team, did you consider Sucker Punch over Crunch? priority are always good if possible and more if you fight against a Trick Room Team. I think there's a Slowbro who use trick room. Just a idea tho

CircuitAngel
22nd November 2013, 6:10 AM
Looks pretty good, your Dragonite set looks really interesting. I'm not the best when it comes to competitive battling though, so I can't fully predict how your team will play out.

Anyways, guys, I'm thinking of scrapping my entire team in the past, and instead of Rotom-H I'll use a Weavile with this set:
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature (+Spe,-SpA)
Ice Punch
Fake Out
Power-Up Punch
Night Slash

It's going to be my lead, but it seems a little too fragile. I wanted to go for a Swagger + Foul Play combo, but I don't want to wait for December, haha.
I would really think about getting Ice Shard on there. Weavile is fast, but the Quick Claws are plenty.

sobbos
22nd November 2013, 8:33 AM
Anyone want to have some fun and battle side by side? Just PM me, really want to try this out.

Hoppian
22nd November 2013, 2:56 PM
Blaziken@blazikenite
Abillity Speed Boost
252 atk/252 spd/4 hp
-Hone Claws
-Blaze Kick
-Hi jump Kick

Togekiss@Life orb
-Nasty Plot
-Air slash
-Dazzling gleam
-Roost

Aegislash@leftovers
252 atk/252 HP/ 4 spd
-King´s shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow sneak
-Sacred sword

Dragonite@Damp Rock
252 HP/252 sp.atk/4 spd
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Roost

Greninja@life orb
252 sp.atk/252 spd/4hp
-Hydro Pump
-Ice beam
-Dark pulse

252 atk/ 252 spd/4Hp
-Fake out
-Crunch
-Power up Punch

Thanks in advance.

Well, I´m thinking of trading Crunch for Sucker Punch, but I have other ideia for the third slot of the second team, thinking in rain and priority together:
Azumarill@Choice band
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Huge Power
252 atk/84 spd and the rest at HP
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Waterfall
-Superpower
I think Azumarill will do quite well in the place of Kanghaskhan, and my team won´t get problems having two water types because Greninja ins´t necessary a water type, thinking of the protean ability. it´s strange to think in a team without megas, but I can´t think of any mega that really takes advantage of rain, a thing Azumarill do deadly.

coolerdynastic
22nd November 2013, 5:48 PM
I couldnt figure why my new team is worse than the old team when it comes to 2 on 2 (could not reach the 10th streak lol)
New Team
Mega Charizard Y
Solarbeam, Heat Wave, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash
Timid- 252 Sp atk, 252 speed and 4 hp

Leafeon- Chlorophyll holding rocky helmet
Leaf Blade, Synthesis, Helping Hand, X-Scizor (to pair up with the drought using charizard)
Adamant- 252 Atk,252 speed and 4hp

Garchomp- Life Orb
Earthquake, Outrage, Crunch, Iron Head
Jolly- 252Atk,252speed

Umbreon- Leftover
Toxic, Confuse Ray, Moonlight, Protect
Bold- 252HP, 252def, 4sp def

Old Team: (win doubles at the 40th streak, I must be dam lucky or something)
Garchomp -Garchompite
Jolly- 252Atk,252speed

Salamence- moxie with Choice Scarf as suggested by someone. Not bad in my opinion (or just depends who switched in)
Zen Heabutt, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Brick Break
Adamant- 252 atk and 252 speed

Alakazam- Focus sash
Magic Guard
Energy Ball, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam
Modest with 252 SP atk and 252 speed

Togekiss- Shell Bell
Thunder Wave, Air slash, Aura Sphere and Dazzling Gleam
Timid- 252 HP and 252 atk (man prob the wrong nature?I believe i should change it to a modest)

Can any 3rd party make some comparisons?I just dun get why my new team get demolished so badly

notnotjohn
22nd November 2013, 6:08 PM
I couldnt figure why my new team is worse than the old team when it comes to 2 on 2 (could not reach the 10th streak lol)
New Team
Mega Charizard Y
Solarbeam, Heat Wave, Dragon Pulse, Air Slash
Timid- 252 Sp atk, 252 speed and 4 hp

Leafeon- Chlorophyll holding rocky helmet
Leaf Blade, Synthesis, Helping Hand, X-Scizor (to pair up with the drought using charizard)
Adamant- 252 Atk,252 speed and 4hp

Garchomp- Life Orb
Jolly- 252Atk,252speed

Umbreon- Leftover
Toxic, Confuse Ray, Moonlight, Protect
Bold- 252HP, 252def, 4sp def

Old Team: (win doubles at the 40th streak, I must be dam lucky or something)
Garchomp -Garchompite
Jolly- 252Atk,252speed

Salamence- moxie with Choice Scarf as suggested by someone. Not bad in my opinion (or just depends who switched in)
Zen Heabutt, Dragon Claw, Crunch, Brick Break
Adamant- 252 atk and 252 speed

Alakazam- Focus sash
Magic Guard
Energy Ball, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Dazzling Gleam
Modest with 252 SP atk and 252 speed

Togekiss- Shell Bell
Thunder Wave, Air slash, Aura Sphere and Dazzling Gleam
Timid- 252 HP and 252 atk (man prob the wrong nature?I believe i should change it to a modest)

Can any 3rd party make some comparisons?I just dun get why my new team get demolished so badly

I used a weather team as well for Super Doubles but I used Rain as I think Sun is limited, but that's just me. Maybe you could use another mon that takes advantage of the Sun along side of Leafeon, Victreebel is something that hits hard on both sides and with access to Growth to boost its power
My Rain team was Politoad (Damp Rock), Ludiocolo (Absorb Bulb), Gastrodon (Rindo Berry), and Scizor (Mega Scizor), I used Surf all the way through basically

Aetius
22nd November 2013, 9:35 PM
I was wondering.....what is the best team to hit the maison?
One who can hit hard and fast or One with walls?
I must admit that I unlocked the super battles without much thinking, but after parecipating in one of it, well, I said to myself that I should have trained my Pokčmon better. LOL

kraver
23rd November 2013, 3:53 AM
Hello!

I finally did 50 win streak in super single battles, after some trys, and some really bad luck (like quick claw trigger 3 times in a row for the enemy, etc).

Im gonna post my team here, its a decent combo, if your having some trouble getting the 50 wins give it a try.

Blaziken blazikenite
Abillity Speed Boost
252 atk/252 spd/4 hp
-protect
-Blaze Kick
-Hi jump Kick
-Brave bird

Aegislash leftovers
Nature: brave
252 atk/252 HP/ 4 spd
-King´s shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow sneak
-iron head

Dragonite Weakness Policy
Adamant nature with Multiscale
EVs 252Atk/252Spd/4hp
Aqua Tail
Earthquake
Outrage
Thunder Punch

All my pokemons had 4 perfect ivs, in last battle i changed my team for a bunch of pokemons with ice beam xD

Tips: when you get a pokemon that do no dmg, or low dmg to aeglislash you should change to aegli, even if you can beat that pokemon easly with 1 of the other 2 pokes, and stack swords dance, cause 3 swords dance + shadow sneak (priority move) its a 99% kill.

As you can see i have 9 diferent atack types in my team, i can pretty much cover all the enemy weakness, and in 80% of the fights i KO 1-2 enemy pokes with my Blaziken.

As you guys know Weakness policy and multiscale works great together. And Aeglislash can hold for a long time thanks to leftovers.

Remember to check speed stat of the enemy pokemon, you only should use protect if the enemy pokemon can outspeed you, otherwise dont waste a turn doing protect.

Anyway, gl with your streaks, im gonna try super multi battle.

PS: Sorry for my english, its not my main language, but i been reading this site for so long, i wanna participate too xD

chap196
23rd November 2013, 4:17 AM
Hello!

I finally did 50 win streak in super single battles, after some trys, and some really bad luck (like quick claw trigger 3 times in a row for the enemy, etc).

Im gonna post my team here, its a decent combo, if your having some trouble getting the 50 wins give it a try.

Blaziken blazikenite
Abillity Speed Boost
252 atk/252 spd/4 hp
-protect
-Blaze Kick
-Hi jump Kick
-Brave bird

Aegislash leftovers
Nature: brave
252 atk/252 HP/ 4 spd
-King´s shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow sneak
-iron head

Dragonite Weakness Policy
Adamant nature with Multiscale
EVs 252Atk/252Spd/4hp
Aqua Tail
Earthquake
Outrage
Thunder Punch

All my pokemons had 4 perfect ivs, in last battle i changed my team for a bunch of pokemons with ice beam xD

Tips: when you get a pokemon that do no dmg, or low dmg to aeglislash you should change to aegli, even if you can beat that pokemon easly with 1 of the other 2 pokes, and stack swords dance, cause 3 swords dance + shadow sneak (priority move) its a 99% kill.

As you can see i have 9 diferent atack types in my team, i can pretty much cover all the enemy weakness, and in 80% of the fights i KO 1-2 enemy pokes with my Blaziken.

As you guys know Weakness policy and multiscale works great together. And Aeglislash can hold for a long time thanks to leftovers.

Remember to check speed stat of the enemy pokemon, you only should use protect if the enemy pokemon can outspeed you, otherwise dont waste a turn doing protect.

Anyway, gl with your streaks, im gonna try super multi battle.

PS: Sorry for my english, its not my main language, but i been reading this site for so long, i wanna participate too xD

For Aegislash
I would rather use Sacred Sword instead of Iron Head, even if Iron Head STABs and hits Fairy hard, Sacred Sword can cover most type that Shadow Sneak can't like Normal Type Pokemon. I would use Lum Berry instead of Leftover even if Leftover heals it, Lum Berry can get Aegislash out of trouble when it gets asleep.

Hope this help

coolerdynastic
23rd November 2013, 1:31 PM
I used a weather team as well for Super Doubles but I used Rain as I think Sun is limited, but that's just me. Maybe you could use another mon that takes advantage of the Sun along side of Leafeon, Victreebel is something that hits hard on both sides and with access to Growth to boost its power
My Rain team was Politoad (Damp Rock), Ludiocolo (Absorb Bulb), Gastrodon (Rindo Berry), and Scizor (Mega Scizor), I used Surf all the way through basically

I do thought of someone like Victreebel, I just want to avoid using the same type of pokemon. An Aerodactyle could have wipe my whole team out. It is good but considering its tanking abilities I believe Leafeon beats all. One the side note, Chlorophyll doesnt work on the first turn when Charizard mega evolved...well thats sad but I usually use helping hand to wipe the whole team

luigiis
23rd November 2013, 1:40 PM
In the multi battle section at serebii.net I think they forgot to add Aurorus to it.

Shieldsy
24th November 2013, 12:40 AM
Hey guys, thanks for your advice earlier,
I changed my team to the following, but am still having trouble. Dragonite is pretty amazing most of the time, but on the occasions that it dies I found that my other pokemon don't really come anywhere close to matching it.

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Iron Head
King's Shield
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance

EVs 252SpAtk/252Spd
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Psychic

Can anyone suggest some Pokemon changes to support Dragonite, so that if he dies I don't fold like a deck of cards? Thanks!

Klay
24th November 2013, 4:09 AM
Wow, with my new team that is mostly immune to statut condition except Confusion and Infatuation, now in that Super Single Iam starting to get alot of pkmn with Swagger....

I lost at my 32streak because of a Starmie who got 2 critical hit!
The first with Psychic on my MegaVenusaur who resisted it! But Giga Drain didnt kill it....and another critical hit with surf on my Gliscor..

coolerdynastic
24th November 2013, 4:13 AM
I changed my team to the following, but am still having trouble. Dragonite is pretty amazing most of the time, but on the occasions that it dies I found that my other pokemon don't really come anywhere close to matching it.

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Iron Head
King's Shield
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance

EVs 252SpAtk/252Spd
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Psychic

Can anyone suggest some Pokemon changes to support Dragonite, so that if he dies I don't fold like a deck of cards? Thanks!
Considering the fragility of Alakazam, let it hold focus sash,this would guarantee a 2 hit Ko instead of 1 unless the opoonenet use skills like pin missles, dual chop etc.
You can have other better pokemon to mega evolve in that case. I personally think M. Garchomp would be better as the speed is much higher than Dragonite. M.Charizard X is pretty useful as well as a substitute.
The problem with your Dragonite would likely be the speed, a strong and fast Ice type could OH-KO Dragonite easily even with Multiscales,and considering its speed, it can be revenge killed easily

fireice
24th November 2013, 5:32 AM

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Iron Head
King's Shield
Shadow Sneak
Swords Dance

EVs 252SpAtk/252Spd
Shadow Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Psychic

Do you have a Toxic orb if so I would give Gliscor a shot :)

Shieldsy
24th November 2013, 11:33 AM
Considering the fragility of Alakazam, let it hold focus sash,this would guarantee a 2 hit Ko instead of 1 unless the opoonenet use skills like pin missles, dual chop etc.
You can have other better pokemon to mega evolve in that case. I personally think M. Garchomp would be better as the speed is much higher than Dragonite. M.Charizard X is pretty useful as well as a substitute.
The problem with your Dragonite would likely be the speed, a strong and fast Ice type could OH-KO Dragonite easily even with Multiscales,and considering its speed, it can be revenge killed easily
I think I may have phrased things badly, I like Dragonite in my team at the moment (Might get rid of him later if things don't work out haha). I'm actually looking for other pokemon instead of Aegislash and/or Alakazam. Are there pokemon out there that would work better in a team with my dragonite as the lead? Sorry if I was unclear before lol...

This is the Dragonite I'm talking about: (for people that are new to the conversation haha)

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Otherwise M-Garchomp and Gliscor are some good alternatives.

fireice
24th November 2013, 11:49 AM
what about Technician Scizor?

I mean he can take all the moves that are strong against Dragonite and does have great coverage with steel, bug, dark, flying type moves?

has a 4X weakness to fire but has 8 resistances.

I would suggest him as with Gliscor and Garchomp all you would need is an ice type to storm thru your team since all 3 are 4X weak to ice.

kaizeruenis
24th November 2013, 4:05 PM
Hi can i ask for help here about the Battle Maison ?

i was playing around the other day on the Super difficulty around 20+

i fought an evolved form of aipom and it used "thief" and stole one of my items.

any idea how to get it back or something?

coolerdynastic
24th November 2013, 4:13 PM
It will be obtained once the battle ended

Zyon
24th November 2013, 4:16 PM
Hi can i ask for help here about the Battle Maison ?

i was playing around the other day on the Super difficulty around 20+

i fought an evolved form of aipom and it used "thief" and stole one of my items.

any idea how to get it back or something?You don't lose the item, it's given back once your finished with the battle.

shinyarceus4
25th November 2013, 12:30 AM
So I've been planning a team for the Battle Maison, since my current team isn't winning consistently.

(Mega) Absol with Absolite
Adamant nature(I don't have a ditto with Jolly)
Sucker Punch
X-Scissor
Play Rough
Psycho Cut

Gooey Goodra with Expert Belt
Modest nature
Dragon Pulse
Sludge Bomb
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Technician Scizor with Life Orb
Adamant nature
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Any thoughts on how I could improve this theoretical team?

supergeek0830
25th November 2013, 6:32 AM
Does anyone have an recommendations for a good moveset for a Protean Froakie?

fireice
25th November 2013, 6:56 AM
What about Ice Beam, surf, Dark Pulse and U-Turn?

MuhFugginMoose
25th November 2013, 7:06 AM
I despise this thing. Much like all "Battle Tower"s I despise this anti team crap. Oh, you're first poke a set up abuser? Heard you like a fast taunters at the front of every team. . .
>.>

CircuitAngel
25th November 2013, 7:27 AM
I despise this thing. Much like all "Battle Tower"s I despise this anti team crap. Oh, you're first poke a set up abuser? Heard you like a fast taunters at the front of every team. . .
>.>

That is why I run Smeargle with SR/Web/Spore/Magic Coat. Reflecting Taunt onto their Taunter first turn let's you get your two turns of reliable setup. ;)

CircuitAngel
25th November 2013, 7:30 AM
I think I may have phrased things badly, I like Dragonite in my team at the moment (Might get rid of him later if things don't work out haha). I'm actually looking for other pokemon instead of Aegislash and/or Alakazam. Are there pokemon out there that would work better in a team with my dragonite as the lead? Sorry if I was unclear before lol...

This is the Dragonite I'm talking about: (for people that are new to the conversation haha)

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Otherwise M-Garchomp and Gliscor are some good alternatives.
A fairy check would be helpful, I would second the Scizor comment. At that point they are covering each other pretty well resistance/type coverage wise. Let's you put in a third pretty much of your choosing (maybe a Special Sweeper, or utility?)

Narkster
25th November 2013, 7:35 AM
Not entirely sure if this is the correct thread for this, but does it matter whether you fight in the super singles/doubles/whatever or the normal singles/doubles/whatever to upgrade your trainer card?

Shieldsy
25th November 2013, 8:51 AM
Thanks guys to all who've replied - nearly there now... Hopefully...

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Scizor holding ??
Adamant nature with Technician
Bullet Punch
Fury Cutter
Brick Break
Aerial Ace

Question: is it worth having technician and lower power moves such as bullet punch and fury cutter, or is it better to just go with swarm ability and use higher power STAB moves? Thoughts?

I was considering having Lucario as a third, maybe a mega evolution? if so I'd probably get Scizor to hold an occa berry (if I can find one) Any other ideas? Thoughts? Should I mega Scizor instead? Also: lucario is a pain to breed -.- any alternatives would be welcomed!

Thanks for being patient :3

fireice
25th November 2013, 9:10 AM
technician is superior

I mean with technician he gets priority move in Bullet Punch boosted to 60 BP and when you pair that with 120 base attack stat that is going to hurt a lot.

Pursuit could be an option also for the psychic and ghost users and give them a 60 bp (120 bp if they withdraw)

on the abilities
Swarm only activates when When HP is below 1/3rd and only bug moves are powered up which leaves Bullet Punch weak

Technician activates on any move that is 60 BP or lower

fireice
25th November 2013, 9:18 AM
Thanks guys to all who've replied - nearly there now... Hopefully...

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch

Scizor holding ??
Adamant nature with Technician
Bullet Punch
Fury Cutter
Brick Break
Aerial Ace

Question: is it worth having technician and lower power moves such as bullet punch and fury cutter, or is it better to just go with swarm ability and use higher power STAB moves? Thoughts?

I was considering having Lucario as a third, maybe a mega evolution? if so I'd probably get Scizor to hold an occa berry (if I can find one) Any other ideas? Thoughts? Should I mega Scizor instead? Also: lucario is a pain to breed -.- any alternatives would be welcomed!

Thanks for being patient :3

for the item I would suggest Life Orb

chap196
25th November 2013, 10:20 AM
So I've been planning a team for the Battle Maison, since my current team isn't winning consistently.

(Mega) Absol with Absolite
Adamant nature(I don't have a ditto with Jolly)
Sucker Punch
X-Scissor
Play Rough
Psycho Cut

Gooey Goodra with Expert Belt
Modest nature
Dragon Pulse
Sludge Bomb
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Technician Scizor with Life Orb
Adamant nature
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Any thoughts on how I could improve this theoretical team?

For Goodra
I would use Assult Vest instead of Expert Belt to give it a lot of Special Defense to survive more Ice Beam.

For Absol
You could use Sword Dance instead of X-Scissor as X-Scissor didn't cover much and if you successfully get one Sword Dance, it could be dangerous.

Hope this help

coolerdynastic
25th November 2013, 2:40 PM
Seriously I got pissed off at my 43th streak in Super Double Battle
Here is a summary of my team
Charizard Y- Dragon Pulse, Heat Wave, Solarbeam, Air Slash
Leafeon with chlorophyl- Helping hand, dig,leag blade and synthesis
Alakazam- Dazzling Gleam, Energy ball, shadow ball and psychic
Salamance- Dragon Claw,Zen Headbutt, Crunch and Brick Break

Here what it happens, which seriously pissed me off like mad !!!
I sent out Charizard Y and Leafeon out for battle vs Latias and Tornadus
I used Helping hand to boost Charizard Y's Dragon pulse to hope to OHKO Latias, but it missed (unfortunately)
Tornadus' Hurricane wiped my Leafeon away
Alakazam switch in and used Dazzling Gleam but missed on latias again
eventually it died and Salamance is sent out too and dragon claw missed on Latias
What I felt stupid was that despite the accuracy of 70 by Hurricane, it hit all of the time whereas the attacks that I used to attempt to OHKO latias all missed 3 times despite 100 accuracy.Thanks to that I lost badly

VanityEgo
25th November 2013, 3:16 PM
The haxxing in that house is vicious. It's incredibly frustrating.

Klay
25th November 2013, 7:07 PM
I was able to get to the 45th trainer, but again the AI kept getting those crit-hit...
M-Venusaur was able to take a Latios-LusterPurge+Calm Mind crit hit...
If it wasnt that demm

My team now was
Barbaracle, M-Venusaur and Gliscor

Focus Blast was able to hit my Barbaracle, but lives with focus sash. I beat that regice with brickbreak
Now againt raikou my Razor Shell miss(why he doesnt have Waterfall gosh,) and he's beated by this raikou.
I sent my Gliscor,activate poisonheal, boost with sword dance, but the raikou got the berry that reduce the Groung type move and do
Shadow Ball, get a crit-hit and drop my Sp.D
He then swith to latios, i recover some hp behind protect. Do Ice fang...it miss. I do another ice fang but he only lost like 45% hpNow he do that Calm Mind+dragon pulse and beat my gliscor.

Gosh ive made a mock battle againt his team: Regice, Raikou, Latios and swept his team... Seriously the hax is ridiculus...anyway gonna try again.

Rakansen
25th November 2013, 7:19 PM
Super Singles Team Update:

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature (+Atk,-SpA)
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Waterfall

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Toxic
Protect

and my final member is, to complete a FWG core and my gimmicky team of using only Pokémon from Gen I...

Flareon @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
Curse
Flare Blitz
Wish
Protect

I don't know if this is a good set for Flareon, should I just run Rest + Sleep Talk instead of Wish + Protect to get rid of status conditions? I've always loved using Rest + Sleep Talk, but it can be very unpredictable since you don't know when your Pokémon will wake up or what kind of move it will use for Sleep Talk. I'm also thinking of using a Guts set, but I want more of a bulky Flareon set since Cloyster is already my main sweeper.

alejandrawr
26th November 2013, 6:10 AM
Lost my streak at #38 in the most frustrating way imaginable >_> 76JW-WWWW-WWW3-9SZB. Needless to say, I'll have to reconsider my Mega-Kang's moveset... For the Battle Maison anyway.

Klay
26th November 2013, 5:14 PM
Finally I made it!! Peace Chatelaine Nita! That was my team to get to the 49th trainer:

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant (+Att, -Def) 252Att, 252Speed and 4Hp
IV 31/31/31/x/x/31
Shell Smash
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Rasor Shell

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll -> Thick Fat (a real gift for Venusaur)
Calm (+S.Def, -Att) 244 Hp
31/x/31/31/31/31
Leech Seed
Toxic
Sludge Bomb
Giga Drain

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Careful(+S.Def, -S.Att) 244 Hp
31/31/31/x/31/31
Protect
Ice Fang
Sword Dance
Earthquake

Almost lost against the 46-47th trainer,it went like this:
He start with Latias and me Barbaracle.
He do a Thunder but miss, i went straight for ShellSmash and got those boost.
I do RockSlide and miss....he do a Thunder hit me but I survive with the Sash. Next turn, Barba was able to do like 80-85% of damage before falling.
I sent my Gliscor, he hit me with a Dragon type move( Dragon pulse/Meteor) but dont do a lot of damage, so i was able to beat him with Ice Fang.
The trainer then sent Regice... My Gliscor had no chance, a unboosted EQuake was able to do something like 15-20% of damage and Gliscor fell from the ice beam...
I was only left with Venusaur, i Mega evolved it, and missed my leech seed. But Thick Fat made me able to whistand all the IceBeam (even the crit-hit)
Finally, i was finaly able to drop those Leech Seed and recover all of my Hp with Giga Drain. And lucky me the last pkmn was Terrakion (look so badass).
His StoneEdge wasnt enough to finish my precious M-Saur and fell from one Giga Drain.

Before the Chatelaine Nita I interupted and changed Barbaracle for:

Rotom-Fan @ Leftover
Ability: Leviate
Bold(+Def,-Att)
31/x/31/31/31/31
248 Hp
Shock Wave
Will-o-wisp
Volt Switch
Air Slash

The fight went like this:
She started with Tornadus and me Gliscor.
I protect to activate Poison Heal, and after that, I've tried a Sword Dance.
But one Hurricane from him was able to leave me with 45% of Hp, and I was thinking that I needed my Gliscor for later, so I switched out for Rotom-F.
He took hurricane very well and without getting confused( the hax wasnt against me now). I've launched many Shock Wave to break his Subs until he fell. She then went with Thundurus. I tried to burn him but failed. And his crunch was quite painful...
So ive switcehd to Venusaur even if I knew the risk, I went Mega. She used Sky Drop, but I knew that my M-Saur would still stand, and I dropped those Leech Seed on him. Now was the time to stall time. Since Sky drop dont work against Flying type, ive sent Rotom and use WillOWisp and burned him! Next turn i sent MSaur to take the other hit, and recover some Hp trought LS. Next turn, knowing that he would do a Sky Drop I've sent Rotom. I went like this for like 4-6 turn until he fell. My Rotom had all his Hp back.
Now agaisnt the Scarfed Landorus, i WOWed him and he was lock in extrasensory, that my rotom could take very well. And by miracle a AirSlash was a Crit hit! Landorus fell after another Air Slash and that was it!

But sadly the waitress doesnt ask for save this battle in the VsRecorder.
I will probably re-tri it with another Team.

notnotjohn
26th November 2013, 7:10 PM
She doesn't ask to save the battle, but you can save any battle you one, on the option of Continue, Interrupt and Save
But nice job on beating her!

Klay
26th November 2013, 7:26 PM
She doesn't ask to save the battle, but you can save any battle you one, on the option of Continue, Interrupt and Save
But nice job on beating her!

Ohhhhh i thought that the Save option was like to Save and close the game.....epic fail! should have tried it at least once -_-"
Haha and thanks!

Bliu
27th November 2013, 5:53 AM
Had a 73 win streak before I lost due to stubbornness and not paying attention to abilities. I might have been able to keep going if I hadn't started playing in the middle of the night since I couldn't sleep...

UFSW-WWWW-WWW3-ANBZ

It was a double battle team:

Talonflame - Adamant - Gale Wings - Choice Band
252 HP/252 At/4 Sp
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Flail
Acrobatics

I don't even know why I have Flail or Acrobatics on there. 90% of the time you'll just spam priority Brave Bird on everything, and if it'll deal heavy damage to anything that isn't a rock or steel type (even electric types, since they have poor defense) and you'll be able to finish it with the partner Pokemon, and it can K.O. anything weak to flying or neutral and has poor defense outright. Since you'll have both high base speed and priority most of the time, speed EVs were instead placed in HP to boost survivability. Just keep it away from rocks.

Honestly, a priority BP 120 attack just isn't fair.

Absol - Adamant - Super Luck - Razor Claw
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Megahorn
Sucker Punch

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I haven't seen anybody abusing the changes made to the crit rate this generation. Super Luck+Crit Item+Crit Move=100% critical rate, and a Megahorn or Sucker Punch with a 50% critical rate is downright scary. Absol can survive a hit from Hydreigon and one shot it with Megahorn, finish off threatening attackers that Talonflame weakened with Sucker Punch, deals heavy damage to fighting types with a critical psychic attack, and laughs in the face of Curse Steelix with guaranteed crit neutral STAB attacks. Most of the time Absol can survive one hit as long as it isn't weak to it, which always surprises me.

Azumarill - Adamant - Huge Power - Life Orb
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Super Power
Belly Drum

There isn't much to say here. Azumarill is the premier dragon slayer on the team, and plays an important part in beating steel types with Superpower. Belly Drum was used more often before I could afford the life orb, so it may be worth trying to replace that with something else.

Scizor - Adamant - Technician - Scizorite
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Aerial Ace
Roost

Yes, every single member of the team is an adamant priority user. It was kind of a theme I had going when I was designing the team. Anyway, the set is pretty obvious, using technician boosted bullet punches for heavy priority damage, and X-Scissor and Aerial Ace against slower enemies when they were most useful. Aerial Ace has the added bonus of ignoring brightpowder and double team hax. Roost is situational, but there is the odd occasion it is useful.

Considering it's a team I didn't put too much thought into (my thought process amounted to 'what are the most powerful priority moves I can cram into one team?') I don't think it did too badly, especially considering it lost due to repeated misplays against legendaries, instead of hax. I guess you could replace megahorn with play rough for better coverage and accuracy, among other things, I'm fairly happy with it. Major weaknesses would be steel types (only Azumarill has a super effective attack, since Talonflame is usually locked into brave bird, and they wall M-Scizor completely) and the lack of defenses on the leads.

chap196
27th November 2013, 10:07 AM
Had a 73 win streak before I lost due to stubbornness and not paying attention to abilities. I might have been able to keep going if I hadn't started playing in the middle of the night since I couldn't sleep...

UFSW-WWWW-WWW3-ANBZ

It was a double battle team:

Talonflame - Adamant - Gale Wings - Choice Band
252 HP/252 At/4 Sp
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Steel Wing
U-Turn

I don't think you will use Acrobatics, so I would suggest adding U-Turn instead in case you ran into a Tyranitar. Use Steel Wing over Flail for a bit of coverages and to deal with Rock Type Pokemon, it would be rarely useful, but it can at least be helpful in some battle. And yes Talonflame is OP lol (make me comeback in Wifi Battle).

I don't even know why I have Flail or Acrobatics on there. 90% of the time you'll just spam priority Brave Bird on everything, and if it'll deal heavy damage to anything that isn't a rock or steel type (even electric types, since they have poor defense) and you'll be able to finish it with the partner Pokemon, and it can K.O. anything weak to flying or neutral and has poor defense outright. Since you'll have both high base speed and priority most of the time, speed EVs were instead placed in HP to boost survivability. Just keep it away from rocks.

Honestly, a priority BP 120 attack just isn't fair.

Absol - Adamant - Super Luck - Razor Claw
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Megahorn
Sucker Punch

Maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but I haven't seen anybody abusing the changes made to the crit rate this generation. Super Luck+Crit Item+Crit Move=100% critical rate, and a Megahorn or Sucker Punch with a 50% critical rate is downright scary. Absol can survive a hit from Hydreigon and one shot it with Megahorn, finish off threatening attackers that Talonflame weakened with Sucker Punch, deals heavy damage to fighting types with a critical psychic attack, and laughs in the face of Curse Steelix with guaranteed crit neutral STAB attacks. Most of the time Absol can survive one hit as long as it isn't weak to it, which always surprises me.

Azumarill - Adamant - Huge Power - Sitrus Berry
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Super Power
Belly Drum

The moveset is good, but I would recommend Sitrus Berry for item, since it will increase survival chance after a Belly Drum.

There isn't much to say here. Azumarill is the premier dragon slayer on the team, and plays an important part in beating steel types with Superpower. Belly Drum was used more often before I could afford the life orb, so it may be worth trying to replace that with something else.

Scizor - Adamant - Technician - Scizorite
4 HP/252 At/252 Sp
Bullet Punch
X-Scissor
Aerial Ace/ Brick Break/Rock Smash/Superpower
Roost/ Sword Dance

You can replace Roost with Sword Dance if you want to increase the chance to OHKO opponent with Bullet Punch. If you think Steel Type will wall Scizor completely, then use Fighting Type move to deal with it.

Yes, every single member of the team is an adamant priority user. It was kind of a theme I had going when I was designing the team. Anyway, the set is pretty obvious, using technician boosted bullet punches for heavy priority damage, and X-Scissor and Aerial Ace against slower enemies when they were most useful. Aerial Ace has the added bonus of ignoring brightpowder and double team hax. Roost is situational, but there is the odd occasion it is useful.

Considering it's a team I didn't put too much thought into (my thought process amounted to 'what are the most powerful priority moves I can cram into one team?') I don't think it did too badly, especially considering it lost due to repeated misplays against legendaries, instead of hax. I guess you could replace megahorn with play rough for better coverage and accuracy, among other things, I'm fairly happy with it. Major weaknesses would be steel types (only Azumarill has a super effective attack, since Talonflame is usually locked into brave bird, and they wall M-Scizor completely) and the lack of defenses on the leads.

Changes are in Bold

Hope this help

naudna
27th November 2013, 4:32 PM
Made it past battle 30 for the first time after swopping gliscor for garchomp. Having a speedy pokemon that can hit hard made a huge difference. Prior to the swop, I had built my team with bulky pokemon. After the swop, I made it all the way to battle 50 before losing to the boss. In hindsight, I should have used garchomp to hit tornadus hard before it can double team and substitute. Ironically, from the mock battle on the Vs recorder, I also needed to switch gliscor back in, as it was quite effective against thundurus and landorus.

Axel.
27th November 2013, 7:06 PM
I'm building a team for it. I got a Japanese modest Gastly on Wonder trade with max ivs on HP, SpA, SpD and Spe. I'm going to ev train it and give it a Gengarite. That's the only one I have at the moment. I have so many Ev trained pokes to send to X using the transporter... Oh well, I need suggestions for other two. help

PR0F3550R_B055
27th November 2013, 7:51 PM
It's pretty simple even on the higher stages if you're using a competitive, IV bred, properly EV trained team, even if it takes long. I honestly think 1 BP per fight is insane. I'm gonna need hundreds and hundreds of BP to buy the items I need, so I'll have to hundreds and hundreds of battles? I really think you should gain BP for fighting other trainers (over Wi-fi, local, etc), maybe 1 BP if you lose and 2 if you win? Or 2 and 3 for competitions?

Ace Trainer Riana
27th November 2013, 8:15 PM
This the team that I got 31 consecutive wins with. I could have got more if I switched correctly
Ninjask
Speed Boost 252 Attack, 252 speed
Focus Sash
Baton Pass
Protect
Swords Dance
X-Scissor

Goodra
Hydration 252 Special each
Assault Vest
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Sludge Wave
Draco Meteor

Mawile
Hyper Cutter (need Ability Capsule for Intimidate)
252 Attack 240 Defense 12 Speed
Mawillite
Brick Break
Iron Head
Play Rough
Sucker Punch

I lost by switching Mawile against Noivern instead of Goodra

I also have my team for 50 set
Goodra
Same

Weavile
Pressure 252 Attack 252 Speed
Ice Shard
Aerial Ace
Night Slash
Icicle Crash

Cryogonal
Levitate 252 Speed 252 Special Defense
Choice Specs
Frost Breath (It's stronger than Ice Beam/Blizzard)
Freeze Dry
Light Screen
Reflect

Darkerones
28th November 2013, 7:50 AM
https://col126.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=9b5a4c04-57f3-11e3-8904-00237de3eda4&Aux=850|0|8D0BA1785CF2800||0|0|0|0||&cid=9b9eac6a87ecef95&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att&blob=MHwyMDEzMTEyOF8wMDA4NDYuanBlZ3xpbWFnZS9qcGVn

107 was my latest win streak in Super Singles as shown in the above image.

Anyway, here was my team:

Garchomp@Choice Band
252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
Jolly
Sand Veil

Outrage
Earthquake
Poison Jab
Stone Edge

CB Garchomp put in some serious work for me, definitely the MVP. If I ever go back and do an Entrainment run this guy's gonna be my backup.
I just kind of clicked on a STAB move and watched things die, the other moves are pretty much just filler.

Togekiss@Leftovers
252 HP 92 SAtk 164 Spd
Timid
Serene Grace

Nasty Plot
Air Slash
Fire Blast
Roost

Not as immediately devastating as Garchomp, but great for all of the annoying as hell Leech Seed shenanigans that run rampant in the Maison, slower opponents also get completely demolished by flinch hax or +2 Fire Blasts, and even faster opponents often fail to 2HKO without a STAB SE move, so I just attack, Roost, rinse and repeat. Immunity to Ground and Dragon gave it tons of switch in opportunity, a true team player.

Aegislash@Spooky Plate
252 HP 156 Atk 98 SAtk 4 SDef
Brave
Stance Change

Shadow Ball
Shadow Sneak
King's Shield
Sacred Sword

The perfect counter to all of the Double Team + Toxic ****ery (Cresselia is a *****). And again, immunities give it awesome switch in opportunity, and Shadow Ball + Sneak is awesome for the Lati twins and Focus Sash users that get the jump on Garchomp, as well as being my only switch in to Ice Beam (its everywhere).

Feeling pretty proud of myself, I remember sucking pretty hard at the Battle Towers and Battle Subway.

EDIT: And in case you guys were curious, I lost to a DD Moxie Gyarados. No hax, no BS. Just a straight up, honorable loss. -man tear-

chap196
28th November 2013, 11:17 AM
It's pretty simple even on the higher stages if you're using a competitive, IV bred, properly EV trained team, even if it takes long. I honestly think 1 BP per fight is insane. I'm gonna need hundreds and hundreds of BP to buy the items I need, so I'll have to hundreds and hundreds of battles? I really think you should gain BP for fighting other trainers (over Wi-fi, local, etc), maybe 1 BP if you lose and 2 if you win? Or 2 and 3 for competitions?

Actually it is not 1 BP per fight, only the first 10 battle in the normal Challenge (not even the Super Version) will give you 1 BP per fight, after 10 wins you get 2 BP per fight until you face the Battle Chatelaines where you get 20 BP if you beat her. In super, you get 2 BP after each battle, then after 10 win streaks you get 3 BP, after 20 streaks you get 4 BP and so on, until you defeat the Battle Chatelaines again (this time the Battle Chatelaines give you 50 BP) where you will get 7 BP per battle.

~Sam~
28th November 2013, 11:33 AM
Is it possible to mega evolve in the battle mansion? I'm about to use a mega scizor set.

Milennin
28th November 2013, 11:50 AM
Is it possible to mega evolve in the battle mansion? I'm about to use a mega scizor set.

Yes.

(10 characters)

ogramak
28th November 2013, 9:36 PM
If someone can give some advices to improve my team...please tell me

My team: (sand team)

Tyranitar - Adamant - Sand Stream - Quick Claw
IV 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ XX \ 31 \ 31
EV 153 Atk - 252 Def - 105 Sp.Def
Crunch
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock
Earthquake

Garchomp - Jolly - Sand Veil - Garchompite
IV 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ XX \ 31 \ 31
EV 252 Atk - 252 Speed
Earthquake
Brick Break
Outrage
Poison Jab

Now for 3rd poke...I have 2 options...and I kept varying between them during the 45 battles

Lucario - Adamant - Steadfast - Life Orb
IV 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31
EV 252 Atk - 252 Speed
Bullet Punch
Blaze Kick
Close Combat
Shadow Claw

OR

Shiny Metagross - Adamant - Clear Body - Life Orb
IV 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31 \ 31
EV 252 Atk - 252 Def
Meteor Mash
Agility \ Protect
Hammer Arm
Zen Headbutt

I made it to the 44 Streak in Super Single! -> Lost to Landorus and Heatran in battle 45

ayerrowdocta
28th November 2013, 11:39 PM
Most frustrating battle I've had to date:

Just lost at battle 32 to a Power Herb Volcarona that predicted my switch into Greninja and OHKOed it with solarbeam. I revenge killed with diggersby. Got crit-ed by a leaf blade on diggersby(wouldve lived without crit). Revenge kill with mega medicham. In comes bastiodon. I think easy kill with Hi Jump Kick. Miss two Hi Jump Kicks in a row. 90% accuracy move :@

~Sam~
29th November 2013, 1:11 AM
Most frustrating battle I've had to date:

Just lost at battle 32 to a Power Herb Volcarona that predicted my switch into Greninja and OHKOed it with solarbeam. I revenge killed with diggersby. Got crit-ed by a leaf blade on diggersby(wouldve lived without crit). Revenge kill with mega medicham. In comes bastiodon. I think easy kill with Hi Jump Kick. Miss two Hi Jump Kicks in a row. 90% accuracy move :@

One of my sweepers is a Volcarona that does the same thing. I just lost though because a Dirifblim brought both it's defences to +4 and baton passed them to a Salamence. Swagger+Thunderwave does not work very well unless you have foul play.

ogramak
29th November 2013, 2:08 AM
I made it to the 44 Streak in Super Single!

I was so happy that I would finally win the whole thing......when suddenly, in battle 45, his first pokemon was Landorus....and he hit me w/ critical Focus Blast on my Tyranitar. Yeah...bad luck

I send my Garchomp and Mega-evolved....And he outspeed me! I mean...how does a Landorus oustpeed a Jolly Mega Garchomp 252EV on speed??? It was just...wrong. But I survived w/ only 6 HP left! I used Outrage, and it killed him right away :) I was ready to the next pokemon....and then....

A freaking HEATRAN appeared! Omg, It took only about 5% of his life and he owned me w/ Overheat.

I send my Lucario, certain that I was going to kill him w/ only one Close Combat. Well.....no. I missed. He then used Overheat again, and it almost killed me, So I used Close Combat again....and it missed, AGAIN! and so he used a Earthquake and owned me. Yeah, I didn´t even lived to see his 3rd pokemon...I was so sad :/

AuraChannelerChris
29th November 2013, 2:19 AM
I send my Garchomp and Mega-evolved....And he outspeed me! I mean...how does a Landorus oustpeed a Jolly Mega Garchomp 252EV on speed??? It was just...wrong. But I survived w/ only 6 HP left! I used Outrage, and it killed him right away :) I was ready to the next pokemon....and then....

Newbie, you do realize Mega Garchomp is perhaps the only Mega Evolution that gets a speed penalty, right?

bolter1
29th November 2013, 2:33 AM
Newbie, you do realize Mega Garchomp is perhaps the only Mega Evolution that gets a speed penalty, right?
Although I'm pretty sure MegaGarchomp still uses Garchomp's speed on the turn of MegaEvolution.

EDIT: Indeed it does (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/garchomp.3490823/).

ogramak
29th November 2013, 2:36 AM

well..No, I am new at this Competitive stuff....I always played pokemon, but only for fun! completing pokedex and stuff like this.... but I never paid attention to the status of Pokemons, until X and Y versions ... also just went to try to understand IVs and EVs last week ..Yes, I am a noob at battling! hahaha that is why I posted my team and ask for help! haha No need to be rude dude...

PS: I am brazilian, sorry for any english mistakes.

~Sam~
29th November 2013, 2:38 AM

Actually Mega Abomasnow gets a speed drop too. Not that it was fast to begin with.

munchlaxguy
29th November 2013, 2:49 AM
Actually Mega Abomasnow gets a speed drop too. Not that it was fast to begin with.

Yeah,also Ampharos goes to base 45 speed when it goes mega.It had 55 base to start with.

AuraChannelerChris
29th November 2013, 2:51 AM
well..No, I am new at this Competitive stuff....I always played pokemon, but only for fun! completing pokedex and stuff like this.... but I never paid attention to the status of Pokemons, until X and Y versions ... also just went to try to understand IVs and EVs last week ..Yes, I am a noob at battling! hahaha that is why I posted my team and ask for help! haha No need to be rude dude...

PS: I am brazilian, sorry for any english mistakes.

Furthermore, taking in mind beneficial natures, a Landorus can reach maximum Speed at 331, which is two points shy from Garchomp's 333. Any hindering, neutral, or beneficial nature will always separate both by 2 or 3 points.

It's highly likely that luck decided to let Landorus attack first.

ogramak
29th November 2013, 2:56 AM
Furthermore, taking in mind beneficial natures, a Landorus can reach maximum Speed at 331, which is two points shy from Garchomp's 333. Any hindering, neutral, or beneficial nature will always separate both by 2 or 3 points.

It's highly likely that luck decided to let Landorus attack first.

yeah...But what do you think about the pokes and their moveset on my sand team? It is posted here in this page :)

RedGyarados1
29th November 2013, 6:14 AM
The Landorus in Maison is Scarfed, both in the leader battle and when used by other trainers.

chap196
29th November 2013, 9:48 AM
Yeah,also Ampharos goes to base 45 speed when it goes mega.It had 55 base to start with.

Yeah and also Mega Herracross got Speed Penalty too, from 85 base speed to 75 base speed, I guess there are not too less Pokemon with Speed Penalty.

MuhFugginMoose
29th November 2013, 9:54 AM
mAmphy gets Agility though. Which makes it outspeed a lot of non Scarf Pokes. It's really helpful outspeeding other Pokes that he'd otherwise be scared of.

Hoppian
30th November 2013, 1:54 AM
Hi guys. I´m thinking of using a tyrantrum and I have two sets in mind, one for pure power and other for be Hax.Take a look:
Tyrantrum@Life orb
Jolly nature, 252 atk/252 spd/4 hp
Rock Head
-Head Smash
-Dragon Dance
-Fire fang
-Dragon Claw

Tyrantrum@Life orb
Jolly, 252 atk/252 spd/4 hp
Strong Jaw
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Poison Fang

I know that Rock head isn´t avaliable now, but stab head smash with no recoil isn´t something to just forget about...
The second set is very usefull because of poison fang, that hits SE fairies, it´s accurate and have just 5 less BP than poison jab beacause of strong jaw. Th3 hax factor it´s the 50% chance of badly poisoning the oposing poke, and that´s amazing! I think that the pseudo stab crunch is better over fire fang in this set: Along with dragon claw and poison fang, just klefki can wall it. Note that if fire fang is used over crunch, tyrantrum will be completly walled by Heatran, and no one likes that kind of thing...
I´m really indecise, but I think that the hax set can be very usefull in the Batle maison because It can help to weaken the enemy team. What do you think people?

iTarTar
30th November 2013, 1:56 AM
Thunder Fang over Fire Fang to hit Water types not named Gastrodon.

coolerdynastic
30th November 2013, 7:18 AM
With my new Single Teams
Kangaskhan holding Kangaskhanite
252Atk,252Spd 4HP
Return
Rockslide
Crunch
Power up Punch

Moxie Salamence with Choice Scarf
252 Atk, 252 Spd 4Hp
Dragon Claw (Should change to Outrage)
Zen Headbutt
Crunch
Brick Break

Alakazam holding Focus Sash with the Magic Guard Ability
Modest Nature 252SP atk, 252 Speed and 4hp
Energy Ball
Psychic
Dazzling Gleam
Shadow Ball

Sadly whole party lost to an Archeops at my 47th streak and I notice my Alakazam does not have perfect IV in Speed and get outsped and flinched by a rockslide TT

KatoZee
30th November 2013, 10:59 AM
Which is easier to do? triple, multi, double in terms of getting bp quicker?

~Sam~
30th November 2013, 11:01 AM

Singles :P

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
30th November 2013, 2:15 PM
I need a good team for super multi battle. Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel my assault vest Goodra is great but only gets so far. I tried out Talonflame for suicide knock outs. It works for a bit of time.... Mine has gale wings and 31 in attack so after swords dance Brave bird is deadly.

razor fire
1st December 2013, 1:10 AM
I need some help with teambuilding. Currently my team consists of

Gengar @ Gengarite
Modest
x/x/x/31/x/31 @ 4 EV HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed.

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
Psychic

Mega Gengar is absolutely terrifying, and is able to outspeed and obliterate most pokemon. I don't think I need any changes here. I probably should breed for some better IVs overall though, such as HP, Defense and Sp. Defense.

Salamence @ Yache Berry
Adamant
x/31/31/x/31/31, 4 EV HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed

Aerial Ace
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Dragon Dance

This one does it's job pretty good. The Yache Berry provides great resistance to Ice-type moves, but should probably be switched out to something else. The berry has saved me from losing in some occasions though.

Tyranitar @ Rocky Helmet
Adamant
x/x/x/x/x/x (I have no idea what the IVs on this one are, but I'll probably change the tyranitar with something else, or breed for better IVs), 4 EV HP. 252 Attack, 252 Speed.

Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Thunder Fang

I don't know the IVs of this one, but tyranitar's defenses are relatively high, and thus withstands most attacks. The Rocky Helmet is kind of a counter-attack to the physical attackers out there, and has some times led to victories. Should probably be changed to something else though.

Any ideas? :)

Currently this team is something I scrapped together quickly to get through all the main battle types. In super singles the highest streak I've managed to do is 20.

I'm thinking of adding Zapdos to my team, as it turned out that the one I caught was Modest nature and had 31 IVs in Defense, Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense. In case I'm going for Zapdos, which Pokemon should I replace? And what kind of moveset do you suggest for it?

Much thanks in advance! :D

naudna
1st December 2013, 2:41 AM

Multi is easy if you pair with Shauna, if you pair a pokemon immune to ground type with Shauna's goodra.

CircuitAngel
1st December 2013, 11:33 AM
Sadly whole party lost to an Archeops at my 47th streak and I notice my Alakazam does not have perfect IV in Speed and get outsped and flinched by a rockslide TT

Did he use anything besides Rock Slide? He could have been Scarfed, which is the only chance TTar really has at outspeeding Alakazam; the only other two possibilities are some boost on his side (like Tailwind/Trick Room) ora Quick Claw. Even a Jolly 31 IV Speed TTar is outsped by an Alakazam with a Speed reducing nature and a 0 Speed IV

ogramak
2nd December 2013, 3:38 AM
I need some help with teambuilding. Currently my team consists of

Much thanks in advance! :D

Hey dude, I have spare from breeding....4IV Larvitars with Stealth Rocks and 4IV Gastlys. I can give them to you if you want :)

In Game Name: Ale

FC: 5215-0543-0603

Pamizard
2nd December 2013, 4:12 AM
I have unlocked so far super single double and multi. I am a fan of rotation battle so i'll probably unlock that next. I do not like triple battles much but i'll probably do that last. I just need to have the perfect team for that

naudna
3rd December 2013, 2:53 AM
I just had a bizarre battle. Met the annoyer slowbro, hence I sent in jolteon to paralyse it. Unluckily for me, it managed to move for 4 consecutive times without the paralysis effect kicking in. At that point, I'm only left with blastoise, whose moves only did little damage due to amnesia. Thought I was going to lose, when dragon pulse did a crit and drained at least half of slowbro's hp. I'm surprised a critical hit did that much, as dragon pulse only did 1/8 damage to slowbro at best prior.

coolerdynastic
3rd December 2013, 5:14 AM
I just had a bizarre battle. Met the annoyer slowbro, hence I sent in jolteon to paralyse it. Unluckily for me, it managed to move for 4 consecutive times without the paralysis effect kicking in. At that point, I'm only left with blastoise, whose moves only did little damage due to amnesia. Thought I was going to lose, when dragon pulse did a crit and drained at least half of slowbro's hp. I'm surprised a critical hit did that much, as dragon pulse only did 1/8 damage to slowbro at best prior.

As the battle goes, the odds are against you and somehow you will get more unlucky
my lost wasnt due to the type that was against me
a Lapras sent out froze my Kangaskhan and knocked him out eventually
Alakazam sent out and I KO-ed Lapras and Starmie is sent out
Starmie used a signal beam and confused me. Confusion hits and I cant touch that Starmie
I use Aegislash and set up a swords dance. Surf isnt able to hit me a lot but I got wiped thanks to a Focus Sash activated when I attempted to use Shadow Sneak on Starmie. Now in blade Forme, I am left vulnerable
There goes my streak lol

naudna
3rd December 2013, 5:46 AM
That's what makes battle maison so fun in the later stages. Lots of tricky pokemon and unexpected strategy. My latest problem: Destiny bonding ghosts on psychics and hex maniacs. Once met two in a single team.

coolerdynastic
3rd December 2013, 6:41 AM
That's what makes battle maison so fun in the later stages. Lots of tricky pokemon and unexpected strategy. My latest problem: Destiny bonding ghosts on psychics and hex maniacs. Once met two in a single team.

Then my goal to fight the Battle Leaders will be down the drain. I was hoping to get a Starf or a Lansat berry TT

Milennin
3rd December 2013, 11:53 AM
Just beat the Leader on the 50th battle in Super Singles. Had been trying a few times before, but I always lost in the 20's. Then I replaced my Mega Absol with my Choice Scarf Gardevoir and made it to the 50 in one go. Though, for the 50th battle I didn't even need to use my Gardevoir at all, lol. Here's the video for anyone who's interested: 5JHW - WWWW - WWW3 - FHUE. I was sure I was going to lose it since I mispredicted Landorus' moveset. I expected it to go for a physical set, which wasted my Reflect, and my Pokémon didn't have enough speed to start setting up against it (due to its Choice Scarf). Luckily my Volcarona had just enough bulk to survive and wall Landorus' hits until it lost its PP and started Struggling. From there on it was a one-sided sweep.

Anyway, this team worked really well for me. There were a few times I ended up in a tight situation, but in most of the battles I had full control.

Meowstic♀ @ Light Clay
Modest, Infiltrator
HP: 6 | SPA: 252 | SPE: 252
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Modest, Synchonize
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Focus Blast

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Timid, Flame Body
HP: 240 | DEF: 252 | SPE: 16
-Roost
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz

Thinking of attempting the Double Battles now, but with a different team.

Tenilius
3rd December 2013, 12:11 PM
I have unlocked so far super single double and multi. I am a fan of rotation battle so i'll probably unlock that next. I do not like triple battles much but i'll probably do that last. I just need to have the perfect team for that

You hardly need perfect teams to unlock the Super challenges.
Unlocked mine with an in game team.

Klay
3rd December 2013, 3:34 PM
Just beat the Leader on the 50th battle in Super Singles. Had been trying a few times before, but I always lost in the 20's. Then I replaced my Mega Absol with my Choice Scarf Gardevoir and made it to the 50 in one go. Though, for the 50th battle I didn't even need to use my Gardevoir at all, lol. Here's the video for anyone who's interested: 5JHW - WWWW - WWW3 - FHUE. I was sure I was going to lose it since I mispredicted Landorus' moveset. I expected it to go for a physical set, which wasted my Reflect, and my Pokémon didn't have enough speed to start setting up against it (due to its Choice Scarf). Luckily my Volcarona had just enough bulk to survive and wall Landorus' hits until it lost its PP and started Struggling. From there on it was a one-sided sweep.

Anyway, this team worked really well for me. There were a few times I ended up in a tight situation, but in most of the battles I had full control.

Meowstic♀ @ Light Clay
Modest, Infiltrator
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Modest, Synchonize
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic
-Moonblast
-Focus Blast

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Timid, Flame Body
HP: 240 | DEF: 252 | SPE: 16
-Roost
-Quiver Dance
-Fiery Dance
-Bug Buzz

Thinking of attempting the Double Battles now, but with a different team.

Nice job on completing the Super Single! I was wondering if you had ever met a Blissey? Or other special wall?

SkyDeity
3rd December 2013, 4:45 PM

Ahh, well, that's because crits ignore any defense modifiers which really makes them shine.

Milennin
3rd December 2013, 5:34 PM
Nice job on completing the Super Single! I was wondering if you had ever met a Blissey? Or other special wall?

Yeah, though I can't remember seeing a Blissey. Volcarona did most of the work. A few Quiver Dances behind a protective screen and she wipes the floor with most opponents. If she doesn't make it, do a few more Quiver Dances until she does.

Klay
3rd December 2013, 6:40 PM
Yeah, though I can't remember seeing a Blissey. Volcarona did most of the work. A few Quiver Dances behind a protective screen and she wipes the floor with most opponents. If she doesn't make it, do a few more Quiver Dances until she does.

Alright, I always forgot how much a treat Volcarona can become after a few Quiver Dance!

XXD17
3rd December 2013, 7:35 PM
As the battle goes, the odds are against you and somehow you will get more unlucky
my lost wasnt due to the type that was against me
a Lapras sent out froze my Kangaskhan and knocked him out eventually
Alakazam sent out and I KO-ed Lapras and Starmie is sent out
Starmie used a signal beam and confused me. Confusion hits and I cant touch that Starmie
I use Aegislash and set up a swords dance. Surf isnt able to hit me a lot but I got wiped thanks to a Focus Sash activated when I attempted to use Shadow Sneak on Starmie. Now in blade Forme, I am left vulnerable
There goes my streak lol

That's not nearly as bad when I got 3-0'd by a rhyperior that had quick claw activate every turn...my team was togekiss, dragalge and weavile...

AuraChannelerChris
3rd December 2013, 7:42 PM
That's not nearly as bad when I got 3-0'd by a rhyperior that had quick claw activate every turn...my team was togekiss, dragalge and weavile...

Rhyperior/Rhydon with Quick Claw are the death of me. Nearly all the time, the damned claw activates for them...

naudna
4th December 2013, 3:18 AM
Perhaps we could compile a list of pokemon to watch out for? I have a few in mind: Metal bursting aggron, Hypnosis/Destiny bond gengar, Amnesia slowbro.

coolerdynastic
4th December 2013, 5:06 AM
Perhaps we could compile a list of pokemon to watch out for? I have a few in mind: Metal bursting aggron, Hypnosis/Destiny bond gengar, Amnesia slowbro.

That varies because it depends on the pokemon you are using. The reason why you lose after 30 or 40 streak is because the AI analyses your strength and weaknesses. So if your team has a comon weakness to water, you will see lots of pokemon who uses Rock Slide or any moves that is a disadvantage against you

naudna
4th December 2013, 5:47 AM
Actually, I've mostly lost due to unexpected tactics (destiny bond + custap berry) or through moves like façade, counter, etc. Now I'm contemplating knocking out pokemon with such moves through 2 hits: the first would do little damage, the second would knock it out. Luck is also a factor, as I once made it to streak 50 with my current team.

Cuthrout
4th December 2013, 8:58 PM
Urgh, round 45, super singles...
Sent out Garchomp opposition sends out tangrowth
swap out to togekiss opposition uses power whip
togekiss uses Twave opposition uses power whip
togekiss uses roost opposition uses power whip (Critical hit) togekiss down to 17 HP
togekiss uses roost opposition uses power whip togekiss down to 8 hp
togekiss uses roost opposition uses power whip togekiss faints
send out Aegislash
aegislash uses swords dance opposition uses EQ
aegislash uses kings shield opposition gets paralysis

Barnes throws 3DS and swears loudly... calling BS on the accuracy + paralysis lack of hax

aegislash uses swords dance opposition uses EQ aegislash with 38 HP
aegislash uses sacred sword tangerowth on 60% HP tagerowth uses EQ aegislash faints

*sigh* probably going to lose this

send out Garchomp (life orb btw, this matters!)

garchomp uses poison jab tangerowth on 10% HP opposition uses power whip garchomp on 60% HP after life orb
garchomp uses poison jab tangerowth faints

A lot more swearing goes by cursing tangerowth for being lucky

Golurk is sent out
garchomp uses crunch does 65% damage to gorlurk, golurk uses hammer arm *misses*, (finally some luck for me) garchomp on about 25% health from life orb
garchomp uses crunch golurk faints garchomp down to 28 HP from life orb

Barnes "Please God if you exist do not his last pokemon be ice type..."

Pokemon Ranger Willow sends out Lapras

Barnes "FFFF***%$%$ŁŁ(*^"

Garchomp uses EQ does bugger all Lapras uses icebeam

Barnes "eff you battle maison eff you!" *spends next 20 minutes looking up pictures of tangrowth and swearing at them*

AuraChannelerChris
4th December 2013, 9:18 PM
togekiss uses roost opposition uses power whip (Critical hit) togekiss down to 17 HP
send out Aegislash

Barnes throws 3DS and swears loudly... calling BS on the accuracy + paralysis lack of hax

aegislash uses sacred sword tangerowth on 60% HP tagerowth uses EQ aegislash faints

garchomp uses poison jab tangerowth on 10% HP opposition uses power whip garchomp on 60% HP after life orb

Golurk is sent out
garchomp uses crunch does 65% damage to gorlurk, golurk uses hammer arm *misses*, (finally some luck for me) garchomp on about 25% health from life orb

Barnes "eff you battle maison eff you!" *spends next 20 minutes looking up pictures of tangrowth and swearing at them*

Out of curiosity, did the trainer say something rude to you when they won?

Cuthrout
4th December 2013, 9:39 PM
Out of curiosity, did the trainer say something rude to you when they won?

Oh yeah, they were like "just as I thought it would go" wanted to back hand the cocky ranger...

MuhFugginMoose
4th December 2013, 11:20 PM
send out Aegislash

Golurk is sent out

So is the way of the Battle Maison and their anti team shenanigans.

Cuthrout
4th December 2013, 11:32 PM
So is the way of the Battle Maison and their anti team shenanigans.

Mhmm, currently on my hitlist of pokemon I hate are:
Lapras
Tangrowth
Froslass

naudna
4th December 2013, 11:37 PM
Personally I make my umbreon swear at the tangrowth first.

Melevolence
4th December 2013, 11:56 PM
So my question is this: Should one train Pokémon in a certain way for BM as opposed to the usual way we do for PvP?

AuraChannelerChris
5th December 2013, 12:00 AM
So my question is this: Should one train Pokémon in a certain way for BM as opposed to the usual way we do for PvP?

Only thing to do is to raise perfect IV teams, rotate the teams so that the AI doesn't formulate a super counter against your team (if this even possible), and wish Lady Luck wasn't bribed to hell by your opponents a few times.

MuhFugginMoose
5th December 2013, 12:07 AM
Only thing to do is to raise perfect IV teams, rotate the teams so that the AI doesn't formulate a super counter against your team (if this even possible), and wish Lady Luck wasn't bribed to hell by your opponents a few times.

Lady Luck is such a sucker for bribes. She's always against me.

Melevolence
5th December 2013, 12:09 AM

:I Well damn. Good to know I've been doing it correctly (For the most part). Though I have noticed they seem to pick up on your strats quite often. It's ironic that one of my main battlers, my Hitmonchan, always seems to live whatever bullcrap they pull out of their rears. I know as a whole, Hitmonchan isn't that great compared to other Fighting types. And he isn't even perfect IVs, and his nature isn't the best for his species. But the guy has a lot of spirit :3 So I keep him.

AuraChannelerChris
5th December 2013, 12:27 AM
I know as a whole, Hitmonchan isn't that great compared to other Fighting types. And he isn't even perfect IVs, and his nature isn't the best for his species. But the guy has a lot of spirit :3 So I keep him.

Stop using anime logic in this, man!

Melevolence
5th December 2013, 12:38 AM
Stop using anime logic in this, man!

I'm sorry! But its true!!! Even in online battles! It's survived a Brave Bird from a Talonflame before for crying out loud!

Fruitt
5th December 2013, 12:53 AM
My first poke is Heracross, which usually sweeps with its adamant 252 attack/252 speed Close Combat, along with perfect IVs, and a Focus Sash to protect it from being OHKO'd because of its mediocre defenses. When Heracross dies I usually send out my adamant Huge Power 252 HP/252 attack Azumarill with perfect IVs, armed with priority STAB Aqua Jet, and Play Rough for a good fairy STAB move, and set up with my Belly Drum/Aqua Jet combo, along with a Sitrus Berry to get its HP a bit higher after Belly Drum. My last poke is Mega Tyranitar, I might be thinking about changing it up though for a special attacker, because having all physical attackers can be very bad, and both Azumarill and Tyranitar are weak to grass type which is definitely a problem, and Grass/Poison types pretty much wall my team, because Heracross only has one move that is neutrally effective against Grass/Poison, and Azumarill's Aqua Jet and Play Rough are ineffective against Grass/Poison, and Tyranitar is weak to grass, so Grass/Poison types are my main problem, so I might be switching Tyranitar out for maybe a fire type or something, such as Ninetales.

Cuthrout
5th December 2013, 3:56 PM
Finally completed Super Singles!!!

Barnes send out Garchomp Nita sent out Tornadus
Garchomp uses Dragon Claw does 60% Tornadus uses Substitute
Garchomp uses Dragon Claw substitue fades Tornadus uses Double Team
Garchomp uses Dragon Claw Tornadus Faints

Nita sends out Landorus

Landorus uses Earthpower Garchomp uses Dragon claw
Barnes switches into Gyarados Landorus uses Earth power
Landorus uses Earth Power (why it stayed in I dont know!) Gyarados uses Ice fang Landorus faints Moxie activates

Nita sends out Thunderous

Mega evolve Gyarados

Thunderus uses Wild Charge Gyarados has 40 HP Gyarados uses Ice Fang Thunderous Faints

3-0

:D

AuraChannelerChris
5th December 2013, 4:40 PM

Nita sends out Landorus

Landorus uses Earth Power (why it stayed in I dont know!) Gyarados uses Ice fang Landorus faints Moxie activates

Mega evolve Gyarados

Thunderus uses Wild Charge Gyarados has 40 HP Gyarados uses Ice Fang Thunderous Faints

3-0

That's nice.

Now go get us some very rare berries.

gregjammer
6th December 2013, 1:00 AM
I finally got a 50-battle-plus winning streak in super singles!

My team, which consisted of Power-up-Punch and Substitute Mega Kangaskhan and Relaxed SD Aegislash w/ EVs of 252 in HP, 252 Def., and 4 Sp.Def., as well as a Life Orb Hippowdon, got me that far. I'm surprised that Mega 'Khan survived Landorus's Grass Knot, with 'Khan's bar still in the green, to Power-Up punch on the Mega evo turn, and then proceeded to sweep w/ Sucker Punch plus Parental Bond... :)

^ And yet, here I am, with my winning Battle Maison team, even though it was all bulky-physical... :)

^ Thank you, my lovely Mega 'Khan, for helping me get a streak that now has 51 wins in a row!

Now, I need to prepare for the Test Comp, but I'm surprised that the rules for that comp are not released yet... Come on, TPCi: one month left in 2013, and still no rule announcement for the XY Test Comp? Don't wait until Pokémon Bank is released to open the Test Comp registration week, because if that's your plan, it will be 2014 before it begins... And you stated 2013 as the registration period...

^ Argh...

Is there anything else I could do with my pokemon in anticipation, or should I breed a Doubles team in a laid-back fashion, rather than with a purpose, while I wait for the time to prep and lock in the six pokemon I will use in the comp, assuming they announce the rules, and the opening of registration for the comp...

lunch box
6th December 2013, 1:26 AM
I think I need to tweak my team. The 50th battle was intense, and bulky fights can turn difficult. My first go at it was:

Jolly Garchomp, Life Orb
31/31/31/??/31/31
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Crunch
Iron Head
Outrage
Earthquake

Bold Vaporeon, Leftovers
31/??/31/31/31/31
252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 6 Speed
Scald
Wish
Protect
Ice Beam

Timid Gengar, Gengarite
31/??/31/31/31/31
252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Shadowball
Sludge Bomb

I lost on the 95th battle to a Regice followed by a Tornadus. Any ideas on move set tweaks or even shaking up the team? I want to add Latios when the Bank opens.

AuraChannelerChris
6th December 2013, 1:41 AM
I think I need to tweak my team. The 50th battle was intense, and bulky fights can turn difficult. My first go at it was:

Jolly Garchomp, Life Orb
31/31/31/??/31/31
252 Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Crunch
Iron Head
Outrage
Earthquake

Bold Vaporeon, Leftovers
31/??/31/31/31/31
252 HP/ 252 Defense/ 6 Speed
Scald
Wish
Protect
Ice Beam

Timid Gengar, Gengarite
31/??/31/31/31/31
252 Sp. Attack/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP
Substitute
Thunderbolt
Shadowball
Sludge Bomb

I lost on the 95th battle to a Regice followed by a Tornadus. Any ideas on move set tweaks or even shaking up the team? I want to add Latios when the Bank opens.

By the time you reach that number, a new counter will try to destroy you and make you cry and make you break your 3DS.

So...the suggestion is to rotate teams.

MercyMe
6th December 2013, 5:01 AM
I just tried out the Maison for the first time today actually. I thought that I could easily make it to 25 then quit there. (Willingly) Never expected to get the K/O on streak 11. (._.) Then again, I am using non IV trained Pokemon that I've caught early on in the game. Ugh, I have no patience for these things. Anything that revolves around consecutive battles and BP. (But I really need some of those prizes...) Kudos to those who've made it to streak 50 and beyond.

Fruitt
6th December 2013, 5:42 PM
What would be the best item for Talonflame to hold?

AuraChannelerChris
6th December 2013, 5:49 PM
What would be the best item for Talonflame to hold?

I'm going to assume opposing Pokemon will suddenly have Stone Edge in their arsenal before long, along with Quick Claw, so...either a Focus Sash or an anti-Rock type berry.

coolerdynastic
7th December 2013, 7:26 AM

Nita sends out Landorus

Mega evolve Gyarados

3-0

The reason is simple, because the Landarous is holding a Choice Scarf thats why it is locked and it may have predicted that your Gyarados may use Mega evolve so that Earth power hits you. The Battle maison page has some infos about the pokemon's moves so I sort of took advantage of that when i was battling. It was hell lot of fun seeing Thundurous Attack dropped like mad when he attempted to Crunch on my Aegislash when it used King Shield and I set up 3 sword dance. Yeah I kinda cheated though....lol

I managed to hit 93 wins until 3 legendaries ruin my day.There goes my Lansat Berry TT. It was a Latios, Regirock and a Heatran.
My team was Mega Kangaskhan, Alakazam and Aegislash and the reason i lost because I dont know how bulky Regirock is. I should have sent Alakazam and finish off with Energy Ball instead of sending out Aegislash.

Melevolence
7th December 2013, 7:29 AM
Man, I keep getting whooped. My Trick Room team was working for a while, then I decided that I'd change it up to my more offensive set once I started seeing some counters appearing. But, they still seemed to demolish me regardless. And the worst part was this was battle 18. :( I've got to give my focus more focus. I like the challenge, but the AI being a total lucksack with their moves ticks me off. Especially landing Dynamic Punch three times in a row on a Poké that doesn't even have No Guard. :I

coolerdynastic
7th December 2013, 7:46 AM
Man, I keep getting whooped. My Trick Room team was working for a while, then I decided that I'd change it up to my more offensive set once I started seeing some counters appearing. But, they still seemed to demolish me regardless. And the worst part was this was battle 18. :( I've got to give my focus more focus. I like the challenge, but the AI being a total lucksack with their moves ticks me off. Especially landing Dynamic Punch three times in a row on a Poké that doesn't even have No Guard. :I

Perhaps if you dont mind please state the pokemons you are using. We may be able to tell what sort of common counters that can be seen

Melevolence
7th December 2013, 8:00 AM
Perhaps if you dont mind please state the pokemons you are using. We may be able to tell what sort of common counters that can be seen

I've been playing Doubles, and I'm pretty sure my weak link is my Rhyperior. If I can get a Swords Dance off, he usually does the rest of the work, so long as Trick Room keeps up.

(Disclaimer: I didn't breed for perfect IVs, except for stats that mattered, and I didn't take the extra tediousness for perfect natures either :(, so that may contribute to my sucktitude)

Duskclops
Calm @ Evolite
Pressure
252 HP / Mix of Sp Def and Def (Can't remember exact amounts, cuz I'm lame)

Confuse Ray
Trick Room
Will-O-Wisp
Dark Pulse

Rhyperior
Quiet @ Rocky Helmet
252 Hp / 200 Atk / 54 Def (I think? Again, not good on my exact numbers)

Rock Blast
Megahorn
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Slowbro
Serious @ Leftovers
252 HP / 200 Sp. Atk / 54 Def

Slack Off
Trick Room
Surf
Psychic

Machamp
Hardy @ Expert Belt
No Guard
252 Hp/ 252 Atk

Poison Jab
Brick Break (Want to replace)
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge

Milennin
7th December 2013, 10:13 AM
I've been playing Doubles, and I'm pretty sure my weak link is my Rhyperior. If I can get a Swords Dance off, he usually does the rest of the work, so long as Trick Room keeps up.

(Disclaimer: I didn't breed for perfect IVs, except for stats that mattered, and I didn't take the extra tediousness for perfect natures either :(, so that may contribute to my sucktitude)

Natures do make a huge difference, more-so than IVs in general.

Also you have 2 attacks that hit your allies as well. With Surf even hitting your Rhyperior for double super effective damage. I'd get Protect on your Pokémon to block that damage, and waste your opponent's turn if they decided to attack whoever was using Protect.

coolerdynastic
7th December 2013, 10:28 AM

Duskclops
Calm @ Evolite
Pressure
252 HP / Mix of Sp Def and Def (Can't remember exact amounts, cuz I'm lame)

Confuse Ray
Trick Room
Will-O-Wisp
Dark Pulse

Rhyperior
Quiet @ Rocky Helmet
252 Hp / 200 Atk / 54 Def (I think? Again, not good on my exact numbers)

Rock Blast
Megahorn
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Slowbro
Serious @ Leftovers
252 HP / 200 Sp. Atk / 54 Def

Slack Off
Trick Room
Surf
Psychic

Machamp
Hardy @ Expert Belt
No Guard
252 Hp/ 252 Atk

Poison Jab
Brick Break (Want to replace)
Dynamic Punch
Stone Edge

An interesting team but like what Milennin mentioned, Surf and EQ can damage our own allies. Consider a slow flying type ( which I do not know of), probably a Vespiqueen?

Your Marchamp has No guard and Dynamic Punch should suffice. Let it lean other moves for more coverage

Melevolence
7th December 2013, 11:58 AM
So far, I've opened battles with Dusk and Rhyp. Using Earthquake does very minimal damage to Dusk, which is awesome. Though they usually focus on Rhyperior instead of him anyway. By the time Slowbro comes out, usually Rhyperior is KO'd, and if he isn't, Slowbro hits anything left with Psychic.

But I'm figuring I may replace Surf with a different move anyways. (probably Scald, only 10 difference in power, and can burn)

As for a flyer, I was considering doing so, but have yet to decide on what to use. I don't think I'd use Vespiqueen though. I don't think she has enough going for her, and with double weak to rock, it could be trouble for me later on. I guess I could always choose Skarmory, but also I feel it may lack in an offensive team. Honchkrow maybe?

coolerdynastic
7th December 2013, 12:09 PM
So far, I've opened battles with Dusk and Rhyp. Using Earthquake does very minimal damage to Dusk, which is awesome. Though they usually focus on Rhyperior instead of him anyway. By the time Slowbro comes out, usually Rhyperior is KO'd, and if he isn't, Slowbro hits anything left with Psychic.

But I'm figuring I may replace Surf with a different move anyways. (probably Scald, only 10 difference in power, and can burn)

As for a flyer, I was considering doing so, but have yet to decide on what to use. I don't think I'd use Vespiqueen though. I don't think she has enough going for her, and with double weak to rock, it could be trouble for me later on. I guess I could always choose Skarmory, but also I feel it may lack in an offensive team. Honchkrow maybe?

Honchkrow is no doubt a good offensive pokemon but it is frail due to low defenses. Do get a Speed reducing nature Honckrow to make full use of Trick room, preferably 0IV's in speed if possible but you need to watch out as Honchkrow can still get outsped in a Trick Room since its speed isnt too low to be considered

Melevolence
7th December 2013, 12:12 PM
Honchkrow is no doubt a good offensive pokemon but it is frail due to low defenses. Do get a Speed reducing nature Honckrow to make full use of Trick room, preferably 0IV's in speed if possible but you need to watch out as Honchkrow can still get outsped in a Trick Room since its speed isnt too low to be considered

Ah, thats true. I guess there is always Togekiss as a fall back? Slow, bulky, good recovery and can hit pretty decently.

coolerdynastic
7th December 2013, 12:25 PM
But togekiss has quite an average speed of 80 and can hardly benefit from Trick Room, well there is no harm in trying because what I said are just based on my theory and knowledge.

Melevolence
7th December 2013, 12:33 PM
I guess thats just the curse of flying types. There aren't many slow ones. Many have 80 or up base speeds :s

Edit: Definatly seems my only offensive option is Honchkrow. Slowest Flying type with power. Everything else will suffer to hard in Trick Room. I guess I could always use Lagging Tail, but that seems like a waste of an item slot.

Milennin
7th December 2013, 4:51 PM
Meh, just had my team taken out by a Seismitoad and Gigalith combo. I guess I was underestimating it since they started off with a Rain Dance, followed by a Sandstorm (like, lolwat?) Didn't know Seismitoad would have Swift Swim to outspeed everything I had, then got destroyed by the Gigalith using priority Explosion using Custap Berry. Rematch in a mock battle was an easy win for my team, I just played badly there the first time.

tomatohater
7th December 2013, 5:05 PM
I must admit, this place is pretty easy, especially when compared to similar places like the Battle Tower. You hardly ever need to scout or even set up, just have a Tank and a few Sweepers and you get a big winning streak!

AuraChannelerChris
7th December 2013, 5:21 PM
I must admit, this place is pretty easy, especially when compared to similar places like the Battle Tower. You hardly ever need to scout or even set up, just have a Tank and a few Sweepers and you get a big winning streak!

So, what streak are you at to come this conclusion?

Fruitt
7th December 2013, 7:25 PM
Just got demolished by a Rhyperior with Rock Wrecker...

Gotta watch out for that.

Bluemiracle
7th December 2013, 7:54 PM
So, what streak are you at to come this conclusion?

Eheheh. Not less than 120 I'm sure

Note to self: weakness policy Carracosta and scarfed Armaldo = fear

Fortunely managed to beat them. My highest Super Double Battle streak now stands at 69 battles

PokeAmi
7th December 2013, 8:11 PM
I haven't battled there very much, but my longest winning streak was 17, I think in Single Mode. Is this place supposed to be hard? xD
and when do you get to battle the Master trainer in the different modes? Those sisters, I think.

AuraChannelerChris
7th December 2013, 8:36 PM
Eheheh. Not less than 120 I'm sure

Hooooooo boy, here comes the berry requests.

Fruitt
8th December 2013, 6:48 PM
This has proven to be a good setup so far.

Ferrothorn - Rocky Helmet
Iron Barbs
Relaxed (+Def, -Spe) 252 HP, 128 Sp Def, 128 Def
31/31/31/x/31/x
Gyro Ball
Curse
Leech Seed
Stealth Rocks

Talonflame - Leftovers
Gale Wings
Adamant (+Atk, - Sp Atk) 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Speed
31/31/31/x/31/31
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Roost
Swords Dance

Tyranitar - Tyranitarite
Sand Stream
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp Atk) 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
31/31/31/x/31/31
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Dragon Dance

This works pretty well. The idea is to lead off with Ferrothorn and if Ferrothorn can tank the opposing lead like a boss, then set up Stealth Rocks (to break any Focus Sashes or anything), and then Leech Seed, and then start setting up a bunch of Curses. If the opponent is a physical attacker, it will eventually die from the combination of Iron Barbs, Rocky Helmet, and Leech Seed, and by the time it's fainted, you will have a lot of Curses set up, will have (close to) max health thanks to Leech Seed, making you a physical tank, and then you can sweep the opposing team with Gyro Ball. If the opponent leads off with a Fighting or Fire type however, switch out into either Tyranitar to take out the fire types, and Talonflame to take out the Fighting types. It's also a good idea to switch out to Talonflame to take care of any Grass types (which aren't affected by Leech Seed), but it's not necessary. Mostly the only problem with this set is other Curse Steel type opponents, or a Fighting type that knows Rock Slide or something, but this set has still been working really well, it just takes a while to set up with Ferrothorn.

Milennin
8th December 2013, 6:52 PM
Finally beat the 50 streak in Super Doubles. Wasn't really confident about my team after some early losses before, but I had to build up some experience to learn how to play it well. I still don't think it's a great team... I mean, it works, but only just barely. I've had a few really close battles that I should have lost, but somehow still managed to win. That said, the 50-streak boss was a pretty easy win for my team, I had expected it to be much tougher. Here's the video for anyone who's interested: 24AG - WWWW - WWW3 - YS63

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid, Flame Body
Protect
Quiver Dance
Bug Buzz
Heat Wave

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Timid, Protean
Protect
Mat Block
Ice Beam
Surf

Ninetales @ Heat Rock
Timid, Drought
Protect
Will-O-Wisp
Flamethrower
Solar Beam

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Timid, Trace
Protect
Dazzling Gleam
Thunderbolt
Psychic

On turn #1 you'll want to use the Quiver Dance + Mat Block combination. After that it all depends on your opponents and your own judgement. Sometimes it's better to switch out to Ninetales for a boosted Heat Wave in Sunlight, other times you'll want to use Greninja to damage some stuff with Ice/Water. Gardevoir is mostly just a back-up unit to destroy anything that gets past the rest of my team.

Deinosaurus
8th December 2013, 7:11 PM
My team has been doing really well in the battle Maison, I'm up to the 40th battle in super singles, but I'm worried that I won't be able to beat the chatelaine with my team. Has canyons beaten her yet? Just looking for advice or judgment on my current team.
Protean Greninja w/ life orb
Timid with 252 sp. Atk 252 spd. And 6 Hp.
Good Iv's in those stats
Ice beam
Hydro pump
Dark pulse
U-turn
Running him as lead

Gale wings talonflame with choice band
Adamant with Same Iv's and ev's as greninja
Brave bird
Flare blitz
U-turn
Roost? Don't know what else to put here

Mega kangaskhan
Jolly with 252 Atk 252 spd and 6 def
Good Iv's in those stats
Return
Sucker punch
Earthquake
Power up punch

Thanks for any and all help, really appreciate it

naudna
9th December 2013, 2:07 AM
A good strategy is to use your lead to hit Tornadus hard, so that it will not have much opportunity to double team/substitute. Leave a non flying type in against Landorus, then switch it for a flying type immediately. Earth power hits hard even against my bulky pokemon, and Greninja and Talonflame seem fragile. And you'll definitely want Kangaskhan against Thundurus. I can share the video of my battle if you're interested.

Rakurai
9th December 2013, 4:24 AM
Greninja can outspeed and OHKO all three of them if it has a Choice Scarf.

Without it, you'll just need to switch it out for something that resists Focus Blast when Landorus comes out.

Milennin
9th December 2013, 8:53 AM

Missed this post earlier, but still gotta reply because I don't agree at all. I've played in Crystal's and Sapphire's Battle Towers and made big streaks in those, and that was without me knowing about IVs, EVs and Natures. The only reason it seems easier now is because it's easier than ever to get all the information and strategies you'd ever need, and breeding a perfect Pokémon is done within a couple of hours.

Shieldsy
9th December 2013, 2:01 PM
Wooo! I finally got where I wanted to!!! My trainer card is now gold because I've beaten the battle chatelaine!!! Thanks guys for all your help!

The team that finally did it was:

Dragonite holding weakness policy
Adamant nature
IVs in Attack, Speed, and practically everything else?
EVs in Attack/Speed/HP (252/252/4)
Moveset:
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Punch

Scizor holding life orb
Adamant nature
IVs in Attack, Defence, and I can't remember what else
EVs in Attack/Defence/HP
Moveset:
Aerial Ace
Brick Break
Bullet Punch
Fury Cutter

Gengar holding Gengarite
Timid Nature
IVs in Special Attack and Speed, and more?
EVs in Special Attack/Speed/HP
Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse

Now to make all my preparations for pokemon bank - hoping to have all my pokemon ready so I can just trade over and have completed the national dex :D

Thanks guys!

AuraChannelerChris
9th December 2013, 4:32 PM
Finally got my "Grand Duchess" title yesterday! :D I love using the Battle Maison; good training for new Pokemon I need to level up, decent cash and every so often rewards/items to sell. :)

That's so sweet!

But, you know, there's a little mistake... You're confusing the Battle Chateau with the Battle Maison.