PDA

View Full Version : Serebii.net Pokémon Bank/Poké Transporter/New XY Stuff Discovery Thread

Serebii
24th December 2013, 11:50 AM
Posting this now in order for me not to be rushed when the coverage does begin in the next two days.

This thread will be where myself or other members of the staff will post our discoveries within the game. We have a good team once more so should be able to ace everything again

I'll keep you posted on all the discoveries we make, minor and major and I'll be constantly updating this thread and the site, with major stuff on our social media sites. However, like the past discovery threads, this thread is just for us posting so please use the following discussion thread, which is the same thread as the previous coverage;
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?617695-Discussion-of-Serebii-net-X-amp-Y-Discovery-Thread

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:08 AM
Downloaded the software, activating the 30 day free trial but the service is getting hammered already so coverage will be at a slower pace while I transfer things

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:15 AM
Currently attempting to reach the eShop to download Poké Transporter but the eShop servers have massive load so this may take a short while

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:18 AM
You get shown details of the 30 day trial pass when you log in, and it prompts you to extend it by subscribing

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:21 AM
http://www.serebii.net/bank/trial.jpg

This is that screen. Seen it a few times since the eShop keeps error coding me

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:25 AM
eShop keeps booting me as I try to connect to download Poke Transporter so please stand by

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:36 AM
Poké Transporter is downloading. Only 27MB but the eShop being rammed, it could take a while

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:39 AM
Got it, connecting in it now, though this will be an elongated process due to how the servers are. Apologies.

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:42 AM
Poké Transporter appears to be struggling with the server load. It keeps throwing me back to the title screen.

I imagine we will have a similar scenario on Friday

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:52 AM
Entei does learn Sacred Fire through the move relearner

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:56 AM
Now it's just instantly error coding.

Serebii
25th December 2013, 1:07 AM
Box 1 transferred. Probably should have screenshotted that.

Serebii
25th December 2013, 1:08 AM
Poké Transporter only gives you the option to transfer Box 1. Now Box 1 is empty, once I empty the transport box, I'll see if it automatically shifts to Box 2

Serebii
25th December 2013, 1:10 AM
You get 100 PokéMiles or 10 Battle Points for transferring a box

Serebii
25th December 2013, 1:11 AM
Now getting error coded again

Serebii
25th December 2013, 1:16 AM
You need to move Pokémon into Box 1 in the Gen V game to be traded. There's no changing it as far as I can tell. It just booted me out because Box 1 was empty

Serebii
25th December 2013, 1:27 AM
Still having issues getting everything. This is getting beyond the point of ridiculousness

Serebii
25th December 2013, 2:02 AM
Got three boxes transferred so far. Taking a lot longer than it should.

Contemplated going to bed (1am here), but it'll be worse in the morning

Serebii
25th December 2013, 2:04 AM
For those wondering...the summary screen

http://www.serebii.net/bank/summary.jpg

Serebii
25th December 2013, 2:16 AM
Time to see if it'll transfer partial boxes

Serebii
25th December 2013, 2:24 AM
Oh yeah, though it was known/theorised already, so far on all the Pokémon I have transferred, I have seen no type changes outside of Cottonee/Whimsicott

Serebii
25th December 2013, 2:34 AM
Final Box has transferred. Now I need to attempt to get all onto my game

Serebii
25th December 2013, 2:48 AM
And, after almost 3 hours of transferring and around 3,000 error codes, I have the Pokémon I desired

Hiker gives you all four drives, not splitting across the versions. According to the hiker, Genesect is "rumoured" to have been found in Glittering Cave.

The five meteors are irrelevant. They aren't red herrings or anything. Each meteor will cycle through: Normal > Attack > Defense > Speed and loop round

Serebii
25th December 2013, 3:01 AM
The entry animation for N's Pokémon doesn't exist

Serebii
25th December 2013, 3:10 AM
Shiny Charm is the reward for completing the National Pokédex

Serebii
25th December 2013, 3:26 AM
Just done a quick loop around Kalos looking for Lati@site. No joy, must be event only.

Magma Storm's power is reduced.

Serebii
25th December 2013, 4:16 AM
I have added images native to X & Y for all the Pokémon that have been previously unobtainable to the X & Y Pokédex as well as having retroactive inclusion in all X & Y sections including Pokéarth

I'll update them to be crisper, as I did before, over the next week or so. Will also work on Arceus & Kyurem's forms over the next couple of days since they're severely cut off or mirrored wherever I get them

Serebii
25th December 2013, 4:20 AM
Really does seem like there is nothing to unlock in X & Y with Pokémon from Bank aside from the form changing items and Shiny Charm.

So, the main task now is level up moves, TM moves and egg moves. I shall get started!

Serebii
25th December 2013, 8:25 AM
Just noticed m game had Celebi waiting in the Link

It's in a Luxury Ball

Serebii
25th December 2013, 8:27 AM
Hold Back's stats

http://www.serebii.net/bank/holdback.jpg

Serebii
25th December 2013, 9:15 AM
Updated the AttackDex along with these pages:

http://www.serebii.net/xy/attacks.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedattacks.shtml

Serebii
25th December 2013, 9:37 AM
I just noticed that all non-nicknamed Pokémon have had their names uncapped in the transfer

Serebii
25th December 2013, 10:31 AM
I have updated the X & Y Pokédex and X & Y AttackDex with all the TM moves learnable by all the previously unobtainable Pokémon. As these were done fast and were manually entered, there may be errors so let me know if you spot any

Serebii
25th December 2013, 12:49 PM
Updated selection screen images for all Pokémon :)

Serebii
25th December 2013, 6:09 PM
Added level up moves for Pokémon in the first three gens (comprised of less than 2 boxes. Hopefully shouldh ave the rest done tomorrow

With legends, we've done the level ups based on the level ups in the past games, as they seem to mesh up so I feel confident enough that the below capture levels match. May be a risk, but it's not something we'll ever deal with

Serebii
26th December 2013, 2:32 PM
Nintendo have announced that they have temporarily removed Pokémon Bank from the Nintendo 3DS eShop.

This is following the massive influx of users on both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U coming on Christmas, plus the addition of Pokémon Bank causing the Nintendo Network to drive to a halt. This means users cannot download it anymore and currently cannot access the features of the game.

It is currently unclear when Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter will return, or if the western release is delayed.

They have made it clear that the 30 day trial for previously registered users will restart when it returns.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/information/2013/1226.html

Rest assured, I managed to transfer all the unobtainable Pokémon early on, so my coverage shall continue

Serebii
7th January 2014, 12:40 PM
Nintendo has noted from their Japanese Twitter what they are doing with Bank

They're currently still testing server loads and need to continue testing it. Once that is complete, they'll be able to restart distribution.

Lots of stress testing ahead

[任天堂] なお、『ポケモンバンク』は引き続きシステムに与える負荷検証を行っており、十分な検証を行ったのちに配信 を再開させていただく予定です。お待ちいただいているみなさまには大変申し訳ございませんが、もうしばらく お待ちくださいますようお願い申し上げます。