PDA

View Full Version : Kalos Region Mysteries

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dragonair7
2nd February 2014, 5:38 PM
So, Gen 6 has left us with a lot of mysteries. From Pokémon #719-721, to locked doors, to creepy ghost girls that move without walking, the Kalos region, in my opinion, still has a lot to be discovered.

A disappointing number of new pokemon, and a lackluster post game is why I think that something big going to happen soon in the pokemon world.

Some weird things I have found in the games:

1. Parfum Palace's garden has the Reshiram and Zekrom statues, and the gardens look like certain things...

2. The Spooky House. What was the point of this place? It didn't have any relevance, but it was there.

3. The Power Plant is still locked. There are 4 buildings, only 1 of which was accessed during the game. Could these house the three new legendary pokemon. Volcanion certainly looks like a steam generator, only helped by the Water-Fire dual typing.

4. The train stations that lead to nowhere. Will these be used? Also, there is a mysterious message on the back of one of the turntables

5. The Strange Souvenir and the new region the hiker promises. It looks like an Easter Island head...new region is based off South America?

6. The creepy girls in Lumiose, the building next to the Galette Stand on 2F and 4F in Hotel Richissime

7. There was a scientist in one of the cities that said humans could turn into pokemon. Is Lysandre still around somewhere?

Feel free to discuss anything else mysterious you found in these games!

Cometstarlight
2nd February 2014, 5:46 PM
There's also that statue that the hiker gives you when you talk to him enough.

Dragonair7
2nd February 2014, 5:50 PM
The Strange Souvenir is indeed strange. Another one I forgot to mention is the Pokémon in Jaune Plaza - "The Lava Dome Pokémon"

CallMyName
2nd February 2014, 6:47 PM
it could be all those thing you said or nintendo just put it there and make us thinking and waiting for nothing :D or it gonna be unlock in the next kalos game ' let said pokemon z ; :D

dirkac
2nd February 2014, 6:48 PM
The Strange Souvenir is indeed strange. Another one I forgot to mention is the Pokémon in Jaune Plaza - "The Lava Dome Pokémon"

Heatran is the Lava Dome Pokémon, it's most likely just a random reference.

Dragonair7
2nd February 2014, 6:52 PM
I don't understand why it is just thrown in there. There is no indication that Heatran is going to be making a return in these games, unless it is getting a Mega Evolution and its stone is found there. I believe that this has something to do with the trio of pokemon that haven't been confirmed by Nintendo - #719-721

dirkac
2nd February 2014, 6:59 PM
I don't understand why it is just thrown in there. There is no indication that Heatran is going to be making a return in these games, unless it is getting a Mega Evolution and its stone is found there. I believe that this has something to do with the trio of pokemon that haven't been confirmed by Nintendo - #719-721

It's just a radnom reference, not every Pokémon that is referenced is going to appear at that location.

Limit78
2nd February 2014, 7:17 PM
It's just a radnom reference, not every Pokémon that is referenced is going to appear at that location.

It could also not be referencing Heatran. For example, both Groudon and Torterra are the "Continent" pokemon, so they could possibly make another "Lava Dome" pokemon. But I don't think it's going to be one of the three legends, maybe a teaser for new pokemon later on

Hexin' Wishes
2nd February 2014, 8:05 PM
(I apologize if there is already a better thread for this topic up)
5. The Strange Souvenir and the new region the hiker promises. It looks like an Easter Island head...new region is based off South America?

Easter Island is Polynesian which would mean the "new region" would be based off of Oceania not South America.

Endolise
2nd February 2014, 8:15 PM
A disappointing number of new pokemon, and a lackluster post game is why I think that something big going to happen soon in the pokemon world.

Or, those are the respectively the results of game design economics and the fact that XY are the first Gen VI installments.

Heatran is the Lava Dome Pokémon, it's most likely just a random reference.

Plus, NPCs reference various Pokémon all the time without any real significance behind their statements.

Dragonair7
2nd February 2014, 8:17 PM
Easter Island is Polynesian which would mean the "new region" would be based off of Oceania not South America.

Easter Island is a territory of Chile and is only accessible from Santiago, so, if the next region is involving the moai, it would be through South America, not Oceania.

Shine
3rd February 2014, 1:34 AM
There's also that statue that the hiker gives you when you talk to him enough.

that's the Strange Souvenir, which is already mentioned.

1. Parfum Palace's garden has the Reshiram and Zekrom statues, and the gardens look like certain things...

The patterns seems to be nothing significant at all, they're Solrock, Chandelure, and male Pyroar. Only Chandelure is related to Unova.

3. The Power Plant is still locked. There are 4 buildings, only 1 of which was accessed during the game.
Could these house the three new legendary pokemon. Volcanion certainly looks like a steam generator, only helped by the Water-Fire dual typing.

There are a total of 5 buildings, 4 of them are locked. The fourth one is located on the left area, right after the one we can access.
It seems to generate energy from photosynthesis, due to the power plant looking like a greenhouse.

Also, I don't think Hoopa and Diancie will fit the Power Plant, only Volcanion really fit the place ;)

Hoopa is more suitable for the strangely pointless Chamber of Emptiness (which you haven't mention, by the way).
Chamber of Emptiness' only purpose is to house two Ghost-related items that could have been placed elsewhere.
It is possible that the fact GF decided to create a separate cave just for the two Ghost-related items is a clue, since Hoopa is part Ghost.

Diancie.....I have no idea where she will be. Probably she will ends up being obtainable through event only, similar to Meloetta :p

4. The train stations that lead to nowhere. Will these be used? Also, there is a mysterious message on the back of one of the turntables

It should be noted that the version-exclusive messages are on Lumiose's train station, while the one that we cannot use and seemingly leads to nowhere is in Couriway Town.

7. There was a scientist in one of the cities that said humans could turn into pokemon. Is Lysandre still around somewhere?

I don't think it's even a scientist, it's just a normal NPC telling a folklore, iirc of a Froakie who turned into human, likely referencing the popular Frog Prince story.

Hexin' Wishes
3rd February 2014, 2:01 AM
Easter Island is a territory of Chile and is only accessible from Santiago, so, if the next region is involving the moai, it would be through South America, not Oceania.

"Special Territory" or not, it's still part of Oceania as a region.

It (Easter Island) also doesn't work well as a representation of South America since Central & South cultures deserve a lot more to that than half a Generation!

Excitable Boy
3rd February 2014, 5:12 AM
I'm still interested in Zygarde's specific interaction with the box legends and its role in Kalosian myths, as well as the significance of the Anistar Sundial and the influence it had on the advent of Mega Evolution (and how the box mascot's powers affected the transformed stones).

I'd also like to know more about the knight figure with the Golurk depicted in the statue in Parfum Palace's courtyard and in the painting in the Lumiose Museum.

Dragonair7
3rd February 2014, 9:54 PM
I'm still interested in Zygarde's specific interaction with the box legends and its role in Kalosian myths, as well as the significance of the Anistar Sundial and the influence it had on the advent of Mega Evolution (and how the box mascot's powers affected the transformed stones).

I'd also like to know more about the knight figure with the Golurk depicted in the statue in Parfum Palace's courtyard and in the painting in the Lumiose Museum.

I am hoping for more elaboration with the Anistar sundial. Also, Zygarde, imo, seems like its the pokemon that would fight humans for other pokemon, like the musketeer group.

There are a total of 5 buildings, 4 of them are locked. The fourth one is located on the left area, right after the one we can access.
It seems to generate energy from photosynthesis, due to the power plant looking like a greenhouse.

Also, I don't think Hoopa and Diancie will fit the Power Plant, only Volcanion really fit the place ;)

Hoopa is more suitable for the strangely pointless Chamber of Emptiness (which you haven't mention, by the way).
Chamber of Emptiness' only purpose is to house two Ghost-related items that could have been placed elsewhere.
It is possible that the fact GF decided to create a separate cave just for the two Ghost-related items is a clue, since Hoopa is part Ghost.

Diancie.....I have no idea where she will be. Probably she will ends up being obtainable through event only, similar to Meloetta :p

I didn't think about Hoopa and the Chamber of Emptiness. I think all of these pokemon will be event only though. Sorry for the miscount though. :)

"Special Territory" or not, it's still part of Oceania as a region.

It (Easter Island) also doesn't work well as a representation of South America since Central & South cultures deserve a lot more to that than half a Generation!

While i still think that it would be a part of South America, although a separate area where you would Fly/boat to, I agree that South America deserves more than "half a generation". I was thinking that this was something more along the lines of gen. 7, like a relocater type of thing, where if you send over the item, it could activate an event. Also, maybe Mew would make a return :)

Hexin' Wishes
3rd February 2014, 10:15 PM
I agree. I was thinking that this was something more along the lines of gen. 7, like a relocater type of thing, where if you send over the item, it could activate an event.

Ahh! I understand now. Most people seem to believe that the Strange Souvenir is a hint at a new region for this generation though. Who knows? Maybe this new region is a special territory of Kalos?

Dragonair7
3rd February 2014, 10:21 PM
That would be fun. But GF is set against DLC, so I wonder how that would be incorporated? If there is an event, I wonder if it will be a ticket or pass, or something that will get you into a previously restricted area, like Liberty Pass

Excitable Boy
3rd February 2014, 10:30 PM
That would be fun. But GF is set against DLC, so I wonder how that would be incorporated? If there is an event, I wonder if it will be a ticket or pass, or something that will get you into a previously restricted area, like Liberty Pass

They're against paid DLC (ie you'd buy a $35 game, then pay more money for withheld content - we get on-disc DLC every Gen in the form of events, but they're free so ehhh).

I would think that a hypothetical new region would be involved with a new game in this Gen, though; I doubt GameFreak would make something as large as a region into an add-on.

Wulava
4th February 2014, 1:14 AM

There's a certain area within B2F of Glittering Cave that is really sparkly. I'm betting Diancie shows up there when the event is triggered.

Hexin' Wishes
4th February 2014, 1:34 AM

OOh, not as DLC but for a "sequel" (a straight third version would take place in Kalos). Most people theorize that, for the first time, the next game would be a different region. Some don't realize that new Pokémon means it's a new Generation but others do believe its simply a new region (without new Pokémon, just new formes possibly) because of the strange souvenir and how the guide mentions berries from "another region".

I just think the guide hints at a RSE remake to be honest and that the strange souvenir might just be saying the next Gen is coming sooner than the usual (which would make Gen VI not only the Gen with the fewest new Pokémon but also the shortest time).

shinyclauncher1234
4th February 2014, 1:40 AM
I'm wondering about the cave in route 13,there's this npc who said something about a sparkly pokemon in this cave,althought there's no cave

Shine
4th February 2014, 3:57 AM
I'm wondering about the cave in route 13,there's this npc who said something about a sparkly pokemon in this cave,althought there's no cave

I didn't recall there's such NPC in Route 13.

There's a certain area within B2F of Glittering Cave that is really sparkly. I'm betting Diancie shows up there when the event is triggered.

Ah yeah, I completely forgot about that area. It's strange how Alakazite is placed on the sparkly area that draws attention, when other Mega Stones are placed on incredibly random areas (on the stairs in a city, in front of a tower somewhere in Victory Road, behind a Pokemon NPC, on the back side of a Gym puzzle.......)

It feels like it's a diversion, to make us think it's for Alakazite when in reality it's for something else.

MrThEsTaN
4th February 2014, 5:02 AM
I'm most interested in the Power Plant, which we pretty much know is going to have Volcanion, and the Couriway train to nowhere.
I am confident that the 4 extra doors at the Power Plant just consist of a massive maze to Volcanion. Either there are four entrances, with only one that leads to Volcanion (like the Whirl Islands), or you have to go through one door with a key from an event, complete a maze in there to get the 2nd key, go through the next door, etc.

There is a possibility that the train in Couriway is just an oversight by GF, though it most likely is associated with an event. It could be an obvious way to reach either Hoopa or Diancie, but it could serve as a link to Hoenn, which would be AWESOME. Think about it, the last time we had a region situated on the western half of a continent, it connected to the east to another region (Johto --> Kanto). The example I just gave probably wasn't the only time that GF dabbled in a multi-region game; there is solid evidence that they were going to do that in Gen 3 as well. There are multiple music tracks from Gen 2 located in the data for Gen 3, including Route 38, the Legendary Beast theme, Saffron City, the Team Rocket theme, and the Communication Center theme. All of these tracks had been updated for Gen 3; they are not the originals. You can search them up on YouTube if you don't believe me. With all the allusions to Hoenn, it wouldn't surprise me if that's where the train goes. It could be the ticket event to end all ticket events. It would also be significantly more surprising than a game announcement that we could see coming. Thoughts?

Hexin' Wishes
4th February 2014, 5:51 AM
^It'd have to be a pretty big patch IMO.

And why would Nintendo allow it? They'd make no money off it to be honest.

Dragonair7
5th February 2014, 1:16 AM
I'm most interested in the Power Plant, which we pretty much know is going to have Volcanion, and the Couriway train to nowhere.
I am confident that the 4 extra doors at the Power Plant just consist of a massive maze to Volcanion. Either there are four entrances, with only one that leads to Volcanion (like the Whirl Islands), or you have to go through one door with a key from an event, complete a maze in there to get the 2nd key, go through the next door, etc.
I didn't think about it like that. I agree with you that only Volcanion looks like it has anything to do with power, as a said earlier, it looks like a steam generator. But I like your multiple paths/doors ideas.

There is a possibility that the train in Couriway is just an oversight by GF, though it most likely is associated with an event. It could be an obvious way to reach either Hoopa or Diancie, but it could serve as a link to Hoenn, which would be AWESOME. With all the allusions to Hoenn, it wouldn't surprise me if that's where the train goes. It could be the ticket event to end all ticket events. It would also be significantly more surprising than a game announcement that we could see coming. Thoughts?

I doubt that GF would release that huge a patch. That is a lot, and would not make them any money unless the patch was paid for, and seeing how things are going with pokemon bank.....

So, about the Hex Maniac on 2F of the building next to the Galette Stand, what do we think about her? I have heard tons, like she is waiting for the right trainer id to activate the event. Personally, I think that is bogus, because that is not the usual style, and also means it would be exclusive. I have also heard that she is the same person from the bridge in gen 5, but I find that implausible as well. Rather, I think she is a ghost, and might be related to Hoopa in some, because if she a ghost/projection, who better to project it than a
Ghost/Psychic type pokemon?

Syrus
5th February 2014, 1:31 AM
Hey man, great thread! I'll rate this for you!

My personal favourite is the lone chick in Lumiose's elevator room. THAT scared the piss out of me. XD You've struck some REALLY intriguing points there though! Especially that last one about the scientist and people becoming Pokémon. ;p Maybe it's an allude to the Mystery Dungeon games? Who knows!

shinyclauncher1234
5th February 2014, 1:37 AM

The girl near the second power plant door

Excitable Boy
5th February 2014, 1:54 AM

The girl near the second power plant door

Can you post a picture? I don't believe there's any female NPC on Route 13 in Kalos.

shinyclauncher1234
5th February 2014, 2:10 AM
Can you post a picture? I don't believe there's any female NPC on Route 13 in Kalos.

Don't know how :/

Excitable Boy
5th February 2014, 2:13 AM
Don't know how :/

use Miiverse

or just literally hold a camera to your 3DS screen

like c'mon

shinyclauncher1234
5th February 2014, 2:19 AM
use Miiverse

or just literally hold a camera to your 3DS screen

like c'mon
On a iPad *_*

It's not that easy if your on a train e-e

EDIT: it's a guy

Nulava
5th February 2014, 7:02 AM
Top 10 Pokemon X & Y Mysteries: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=X7Pafk4yQG4

Saturnidae
5th February 2014, 7:31 AM
It looks like an Easter Island head...new region is based off South America?
I sincerely hope this is the case T_T

Hmm, I guess they never truly explain mega evolution O_O So it could be considered a mystery.. .

Buttons
5th February 2014, 7:36 AM
I sincerely hope this is the case T_T

Hmm, I guess they never truly explain mega evolution O_O So it could be considered a mystery.. .
They said Mega Stones are evolution stones (fire, water, thunder, ex) that were infused with special energy after the weapon was used 3k years ago, and that some are parts of the giant thing (crystal clock thing) in Anistar City.

Endolise
5th February 2014, 8:37 AM

Yes they did. It is a special kind of Evolution in which a Pokémon releases all of its hidden energy at once as a result of the bond between it and its Trainer. The process is facilitated by a Mega Ring and a Mega Stone working in concert in order to convert one's bond with a Pokémon into a wavelength that causes the Pokémon holding the Mega Stone to undergo Mega Evolution. The process was pioneered by a Trainer and his Lucario who came to Kalos centuries before the time period in which XY take place. It was in Kalos that they discovered the Mega Stones, which are only present in the Kalos region because the Mega Stones are actually regular Evolutionary Stones that were irradiated by the energy of Xerneas/Yveltal when their powers were channeled through the ultimate weapon during the Kalosian war that occurred 3000 years prior to the events of XY. The large crystalline structure in Anistar City is an object of mysterious origins that has stood in Kalos since that war and, in the same manner in which the Mega Ring converts a Trainer's feelings into a communicable wavelength, transforms sunlight into a more abstract kind of light that causes the sundial beneath it to react, thereby allowing any Mega Rings that have been connected to the structure to detect hidden Mega Stones for one hour every day.

Considering that all of what I just said came from in-game dialogue, I think we can safely say that just about every angle of Mega Evolution has been covered.

Rakurai
5th February 2014, 8:56 AM
I'm curious as to how they're going to justify the presence of Mega Stones in future games.

My first guess is that they're just going to make a "sudden discovery" that they're actually all over the world, like they did with the Fairy type.

Endolise
5th February 2014, 8:59 AM
I'm curious as to how they're going to justify the presence of Mega Stones in future games.

My first guess is that they're just going to make a "sudden discovery" that they're actually all over the world, like they did with the Fairy type.

Maybe Kalos will start exporting them as more and more are dug up.

Or it will be like Mewtwo and the DNA Splicers in XY and they will just forego any explanation entirely.

Dragonair7
5th February 2014, 3:41 PM
Also, if Mega Evolution occurred in Kalos, near Kalos pokemon, how come no Kalos pokemon have Mega Evolutions? Also, no Unova pokemon do either. Since Unova's legendary pokemon are mentioned at Parfum Palace, could there be some relationship between these two regions that will be expanded in the next games? While Europe and America's pasts are intertwined so the is rest of the worlds....

Endolise
6th February 2014, 12:38 AM
Also, if Mega Evolution occurred in Kalos, near Kalos pokemon, how come no Kalos pokemon have Mega Evolutions?

Coincidence, but when you think about it, all of the non-Gen VI Pokémon that can be found in Kalos are still technically Kalosian Pokémon. They are just as native to Kalos as they are to the other regions.

Aradia
6th February 2014, 12:58 AM
they might release more content in updates, like the one that fixed lumios save files. who knows, maybe they're letting us dip our toes in, just to dunk us later in new content. I wouldn't mind seeing patches that have new stuff! it's sure going to be interesting.

Griever789
6th February 2014, 1:02 AM

My guess is the scientist will figure out how to make their own mega stones and that will be the explanation.

My question is why does this random girl have a dna spicer, is she a former team plasma member, colress niece, an oracle of arcues that gives these items to trainer who have kyruems?

Honestly I like mysteries, not enough of those in video games anymore. I remeber all the debate on missingno and how to get mew and all.

Dragonair7
6th February 2014, 2:07 AM
Coincidence, but when you think about it, all of the non-Gen VI Pokémon that can be found in Kalos are still technically Kalosian Pokémon. They are just as native to Kalos as they are to the other regions.
I understand what you are saying in that, but what if the war actually wiped out all the pokemon in the Kalos region? That could be a reason for the few number of new pokemon and the other pokemon in the Kalos region could be a "repopulation effort".

*Please note that this is all 100% for fun and I know it sounds a little conspiratorial...

They have to give you the items in next generations. Otherwise many pokemon forms would be lost. Sawsbuck, since there is no longer a season mechanic, is now in default summer, unless yu transferred it over from bank, and then it is permanently in the form it came over in. For instance, I seriously doubt that there are multiple orbs for the creation trio, but GF wants to give you the items. Without them, Giratina couldn't be in origin form, and Shaymin couldn't be in Sky form. Personally, I can't wait to see when items will be able to be transferred between regions.

Endolise
6th February 2014, 2:28 AM
I understand what you are saying in that, but what if the war actually wiped out all the pokemon in the Kalos region? That could be a reason for the few number of new pokemon and the other pokemon in the Kalos region could be a "repopulation effort".

*Please note that this is all 100% for fun and I know it sounds a little conspiratorial...

Could be, I suppose, but as we saw in the war cinematic, the Kalosian armies used tons pf pre-Gen VI Pokémon. So those species were present in the region even before AZ used the ultimate weapon.

Zaberz
6th February 2014, 2:25 PM
There was this one Hiker after a battle that said "Have you been to Hoenn yet?I heard they sell tickets in the train station"

I don't know if that would happen but maybe one day..

Emily101
6th February 2014, 6:37 PM
There was this one Hiker after a battle that said "Have you been to Hoenn yet?I heard they sell tickets in the train station"

Which hiker says this? What route or area is he in?

fitzy909
6th February 2014, 10:02 PM

How would you travel to an island by train? Well I guess by something like the channel tunnel.

There are a lot of things that hint towards Hoenn getting a remake and I am happy with that.

Stymie
7th February 2014, 12:38 PM
Which hiker says this? What route or area is he in?

I am pretty sure that no such dialogue exists in-game. If it did I am sure you would have heard of it and that speculation of Hoenn remakes would somehow crank up another gear.

Anyhow, considering that more people use Pokemon with an internet connection than ever before will the events to obtain these yet to be revealed legendary's be more in-depth, and serve as little quests?

I doubt any long-form DCL content is on the cards.

WildHennaCharizard
8th February 2014, 12:32 AM
What about Looker and Malva? In one of the Looker missions Malva is talking to Looker about something; a deal? about what? Also Malva seems to be very cold towards you, is she mad about something you did?

Dragonair7
8th February 2014, 12:41 AM
Malva is found to be a Team Flare member. Also, she is totally the woman that reports from the Holocaster. We can assume that their deal was that he wouldn't arrest her for being a part of Team Flare if she helped him find Xerosic.
I wonder if we will be seeing Looker in the next games as well...

Hexin' Wishes
8th February 2014, 12:47 AM

Xerneas/Yveltal are awakened and so the mega stones in other regions are now activated most likely.

Maybe Kalos will start exporting them as more and more are dug up.

Or it will be like Mewtwo and the DNA Splicers in XY and they will just forego any explanation entirely.

Well, didn't the lady say that she got the DNA Splicers "from a friend"? I wasn't paying much attention, maybe they are implying you (old you) gave it to her?

And it's safe to assume there are more Mewtwos but if not, and this is the Kanto one, then it could travel wherever it wants to find peace.

ShiningKnightXY
8th February 2014, 12:57 AM
I can see cave of emptiness for Hoopa, The power plants HAVE to play some role, GF wouldn't add them if they weren't at least somewhat necessary. I always found it weird that Diancie looks like a Carbink, but that its crystals ALSO seem to match the Anistar Sundial...so maybe you do an event where you can perform a special evolution with Carbink and the Sundial? Perhaps the power plants also hold "locked up" mega stones that are only unlockable through some sort of event key. That could explain Mega Latios/Latias. The Ghost Girl in Lumiose may also have something to do with Hoopa.

Dragonair7
8th February 2014, 1:19 AM
I sincerely, with all my heart, doubt that Carbink has anything to do with Diancie. Like, anything. They look the same and have the same typing, but other than that, why would they be related? But, Diancie could have some other connection with the Sundial, since, now that you mention it, the crystals do look similar, but this could be coincidence.

I am also skeptical on the Mega Latios/Latias thing. Why are they the same color? They basically look the same. I couldn't find any differences when I was looking at their pictures. It almost looks like they were fused together, but that's weird... Also, you don't encounter a wild pokemon in Mega form. Mega Evolution is caused by a trainer's bond with their pokemon, so unless there is a character that has Latios and Latias....(which I doubt) you would never battle them in Mega form.

Endolise
8th February 2014, 1:30 AM
Why are they the same color?
Red + Blue =

They basically look the same. I couldn't find any differences when I was looking at their pictures.
The differences are subtle, but they are based on twins anyway.

Also, you don't encounter a wild pokemon in Mega form. Mega Evolution is caused by a trainer's bond with their pokemon, so unless there is a character that has Latios and Latias....(which I doubt) you would never battle them in Mega form.
Yeah that's because the guy hacked them in.

Hexin' Wishes
8th February 2014, 1:33 AM
Also, you don't encounter a wild pokemon in Mega form. Mega Evolution is caused by a trainer's bond with their pokemon, so unless there is a character that has Latios and Latias....(which I doubt) you would never battle them in Mega form.

Mewtwo pretty much showed how they tackle Mega Evolved Legendary: Find the Pokémon and then BAM! they "left behind" their mega stone.

Alternately, what if the Hiker's fake mega stone turned out to really be Latinite (or whatever it is called) only after an event has occurred? Maybe even, dare I say, bringing in the Lati from a remake of RS?

Dragonair7
8th February 2014, 1:44 AM
^I would be okay with that :) ^
Are you talking about the Intriguing Stone, which is for some reason a key item?

Red + Blue =
The differences are subtle, but they are based on twins anyway.

I get that. But it still doesn't make it look legit, in my eyes at least. I would hope that they would look a little better, and still retain differences.

ShiningKnightXY
8th February 2014, 3:48 AM
To support my claim, why would game freak make diancie have such a similar appearence to carbink? I am sure they could've made either of them look more different during development

dirkac
8th February 2014, 4:37 AM
Mewtwo pretty much showed how they tackle Mega Evolved Legendary: Find the Pokémon and then BAM! they "left behind" their mega stone.

Alternately, what if the Hiker's fake mega stone turned out to really be Latinite (or whatever it is called) only after an event has occurred? Maybe even, dare I say, bringing in the Lati from a remake of RS?

No because you trade the Intriguing Stone for a Sun Stone with the man near the stairs.

Ruas
8th February 2014, 6:16 AM
To support my claim, why would game freak make diancie have such a similar appearence to carbink? I am sure they could've made either of them look more different during development
Appearance isn't enough... Remember Alomomola & Bouffalant who were assumed to evolve from Luvdisc & Tauros? Nothing happened. They're all separate pokemons. So, it needn't happen here. Although if it did, it would be an interesting & welcome change. I kind of liked Manaphy's unique status of the being able to breed & yet still be a legendary.

Endolise
8th February 2014, 6:25 AM
Appearance isn't enough... Remember Alomomola & Bouffalant who were assumed to evolve from Luvdisc & Tauros? Nothing happened. They're all separate pokemons. So, it needn't happen here. Although if it did, it would be an interesting & welcome change. I kind of liked Manaphy's unique status of the being able to breed & yet still be a legendary.

Alomomola and Bouffalant were introduced several generations removed from their not-pre-evolutions, though (not that Tauros -> Bouffalant made any sense to begin with, but I digress). Carbink and Diancie were conceived of as a part of the same generation without several years of time separating their respective creation times.

Also, to go off on a tangent, I wasn't really involved in the online fanbase at the time of BW's pre-release, but didn't Game Freak say back then that none of the Gen V Pokémon would be related to any old Pokémon? If so, why did people still expect there to be cross-generational evolutions? Was it just a denial thing like the introduction of only 72 new Pokémon in this Gen?

Hexin' Wishes
8th February 2014, 6:27 AM
No because you trade the Intriguing Stone for a Sun Stone with the man near the stairs.

I know that silly but he is super convinced it's a Mega Stone. I simply proposed a theory of going back to him (I just did it without the spoiler).

dirkac
8th February 2014, 6:31 AM
Alomomola and Bouffalant were introduced several generations removed from their not-pre-evolutions, though (not that Tauros -> Bouffalant made any sense to begin with, but I digress). Carbink and Diancie were conceived of as a part of the same generation without several years of time separating their respective creation times.

Also, to go off on a tangent, I wasn't really involved in the online fanbase at the time of BW's pre-release, but didn't Game Freak say back then that none of the Gen V Pokémon would be related to any old Pokémon? If so, why did people still expect there to be cross-generational evolutions? Was it just a denial thing like the introduction of only 72 new Pokémon in this Gen?

Yes, they did confirm there would be no Pokémon related to older ones.

I know that silly but he is super convinced it's a Mega Stone. I simply proposed a theory of going back to him (I just did it without the spoiler).

Considering the Stone is gone the moment you traded it, I doubt GF would include a missable Mega Stone.

Hexin' Wishes
8th February 2014, 6:45 AM
Considering the Stone is gone the moment you traded it, I doubt GF would include a missable Mega Stone.

Obviously "going back to him" would imply you get it back from him.

dirkac
8th February 2014, 6:53 AM
Obviously "going back to him" would imply you get it back from him.

If there is no known way to do so, that would render it useless.

It's also a Key Item, so unless it goes Enigma Stone I don't think it'll function like that.

Dodoman
8th February 2014, 11:30 AM
I suck at discussing mysteries so I'll just wait for Nintendo do clarify it.

ShiningKnightXY
8th February 2014, 2:16 PM

Come on now, Bouffalant and Alomomola were GENERATIONS apart from Tauros and Luvdisc. Diancie is from the same gen as Carbink. It can't just be bad planning in design, or lack of imagination for a rock/fairy. It isn't like I'm saying that you have to do some crazy ritual. It can't just be a coincidence that Carbink and Diancie look similar.

Ruas
8th February 2014, 4:37 PM
Alright, perhaps that was a poor example. :D But if you do look for it, you can find similarities between many other pokemons. Within gen 1, one could have mistakenly thought Ditto & Grimer to be related. Other popular associations in the past were Ghastly & Cloyster, Scyther & Kabutops, Kangaskhan & Rhydon, Venonat & Butterfree. Anyway, I just felt that looks alone (& type) wasn't really a strong piece of evidence. I guess I was just looking for something more substantial.

Even then, I don't oppose that idea at all. I do appreciate your Dancie & Sundial theory. I accept that it may be a unique Phione-Manaphy like relation. Perhaps an unfortunate Carbink coincidently picked up an evolutionary stone during the weapon's activation, thus resulting in some sort of permanent transformation. It can be many things, but just wanted something more concrete.

dinosaurjoshua
8th February 2014, 6:28 PM
Okay, okay.
1) The ghost girl gives you a rare candy if you have rotom in your party
2) I'm sure the 'usual place' is found by the empty train station, maybe you will eventually get to go to a small island, like the one where you hunt Mew.
3) Maybe the strange souvenir is something that attracts a legendary, like cresselia? I think that's the name. THE MOON ONE.
Also, the people who say that the 'sundial' OOPArt has treasure at the shadow...where is the shadow? Maybe we will find out.

And Heatran in the plaza? You probably get an item from this 'new region' the backpacker goes on about (the one who gives you the strange souvenir)

Grey Wind
8th February 2014, 7:42 PM
That wasn't revealed until later on during pre-release. Alomomola was revealed before we knew anything about that, and I think people's beef with Bouffalant was more of a "why doesn't it evolve from Tauros" rather than actually expecting it to.

I think most of these "mysteries" people go on about are just little tidbits thrown in to make the game more interesting. Stuff like the ghost girl or the Heatran reference likely don't mean anything. The only things that can really be called mysteries are the strange souvenir and the myths surrounding the legends. Diancie's similarity to Carbink is really bizarre too, but I dunno if they'll ever actually clear that up.

Dragonair7
8th February 2014, 9:50 PM
I don't think it's even a scientist, it's just a normal NPC telling a folklore, iirc of a Froakie who turned into human, likely referencing the popular Frog Prince story.

I went and checked, and the scientist in the Pokémon Center of Couriway Town says "A device that could turn a pokmeon into a human. Would anyone even want to use that?"
Lysandre returns!!! (dun-dun-daaa!!)

I think most of these "mysteries" people go on about are just little tidbits thrown in to make the game more interesting. Stuff like the ghost girl or the Heatran reference likely don't mean anything. The only things that can really be called mysteries are the strange souvenir and the myths surrounding the legends. Diancie's similarity to Carbink is really bizarre too, but I dunno if they'll ever actually clear that up.

While a few mysteries are left unsolved every generation, I think that these are all plausible and could be important towards the future storyline. In BW, the girl did appear on Marvelous Bridge, but, if memory serves, we didn't find out what she was for until B2W2. I think the creepy ghost girl is relevant, and she has something to do with Hoopa. But only time will tell!
I still really doubt they are going to pull a reverse Manaphy-Phione thing. Their similarity in appearance could just be a coincidence, or a red herring...

Shine
10th February 2014, 2:14 AM
1) The ghost girl gives you a rare candy if you have rotom in your party

And it has to be on Tuesday at 9PM. Tried googling it and no solid proof came up, despite being easily done.....I should try it tomorrow, unless someone here wants to mess with their 3DS' date & time.

I went and checked, and the scientist in the Pokémon Center of Couriway Town says "A device that could turn a pokemon into a human. Would anyone even want to use that?"

ah yeah, I remember it now :p

Still, it doesn't mean Lysandre will return, as there's no indication of such thing in development by Lysandre's team.

If Gen 3 is an indication, that might be a future gimmicky minigame thing, like the Dream World which has been mentioned ever since Gen 3.

Hexin' Wishes
10th February 2014, 2:27 AM
If there is no known way to do so, that would render it useless.

It's also a Key Item, so unless it goes Enigma Stone I don't think it'll function like that.

It was a hypothesized event. A possibility. Fan speculation.

You must be really fun at parties.

dirkac
10th February 2014, 5:36 AM
It was a hypothesized event. A possibility. Fan speculation.

You must be really fun at parties.

If it's speculation on something that's impossible it would be, well, impossible.

._.

Rhys
10th February 2014, 10:38 AM
I think the biggest mystery is why the game was released in such an incomplete state.

Emily101
11th February 2014, 4:54 AM
I think the biggest mystery is why the game was released in such an incomplete state.

What would you consider to be incomplete about the game?

I do find it suspicious still that we only have about half the number of a typical pokedex worth of new pokemon and I will believe that something is up (ie some form of update with the rest of the pokemon) until the next games come out and I am proven wrong (or right).

I wish GameFreak would put me out of my misery on 3 counts:

1. What is in those 4 extra power plants?
2. Does the train station lead to anywhere?
3. What does the Strange Souvenir doooooo? I wanna knooooow :P

Ninfia-Fan
11th February 2014, 7:37 AM

Because all of the first instalments are generally left incomplete so that the 3rd instalment/sequel (etc) can make up for it...? I think that's the best reason, looking at previous generations, anyway.

Mustaferrr
11th February 2014, 6:22 PM
Diancie has been confirmed for new Pokemon movie Btw...

Dragonair7
12th February 2014, 12:55 AM
NOW things are exciting!!! :)
So Diancie has been officially released, and I can't help but wonder when Volcanion and Hoopa are going to make their debut.
After thinking, I wonder if Volcanion had anything to do with the blackout in Lumiose City...I think I read that somewhere, but everything is still up in the air. So, do we think that this is going to be an event where we are just handed the pokemon, or where Diancie triggers another in-game event or we have to go through something to get her, and we just get the pass. I hope its the latter. It makes the pokemon more memorable in my mind.

Excitable Boy
12th February 2014, 4:49 AM
After thinking, I wonder if Volcanion had anything to do with the blackout in Lumiose City...

The blackout was caused by Team Flare siphoning off energy from the Kalos Power Plant while they were plopped down there.

Dragonair7
12th February 2014, 9:30 PM
The blackout was caused by Team Flare siphoning off energy from the Kalos Power Plant while they were plopped down there.

I know that, silly. Other than that, could the steam generator pokemon be causing any problems? Also, it was never specified how/why the blackouts were occurring. Maybe Team Flare was actually trying to steal Volcanion, and that was the reason for the power outages. It says it on pokebeach and it was just a theory...
Volcanion's dex entry (http://pokebeach.com/2013/12/information-on-diancie-hoopa-and-volcanion)

I am also curious about the Spooky House? Anybody else? I think the wording, "A horde of faceless men" was what threw me off, since this gen introduced horde battles. Could this be a hint at a new species or just something to mess with you?

Peace Heavy mk II
12th February 2014, 10:09 PM
I went and checked, and the scientist in the Pokémon Center of Couriway Town says "A device that could turn a pokmeon into a human. Would anyone even want to use that?"
Lysandre returns!!! (dun-dun-daaa!!)

That came across more as Bill in 1st gen imo, albeit he didn't do it on purpose.

Hexin' Wishes
12th February 2014, 10:55 PM
I am also curious about the Spooky House? Anybody else? I think the wording, "A horde of faceless men" was what threw me off, since this gen introduced horde battles. Could this be a hint at a new species or just something to mess with you?

Well, a horde is an actual way to categorize a group though... Anyways, all that did was remind me of that creepypasta about some guy taking refuge in a cabin late at night and seeing creepy paintings of people that looked like they were watching him on the wall that turned out to be windows when he woke up in the morning. o0o0o0o00h so sppoky, tip me too plz.

Real talk, that was a low point of the game. Nothing like a good old filler moment to try and stretch out the game.

venetrix
13th February 2014, 4:48 PM
If you bring a Genesect into your game and show it to the Hiker in Ambrette fossil lab, he gives you the three "drive" items that go with it. From that point on, if you talk to him he says, "Genesect is also rumored to have been found in Glittering Cave... it's only a rumor though." This could just be another red herring from an NPC, especially as it's only viewable by people who've already obtained Genesect, but I reckon there'll turn out to be a future event where either Genesect is found in the cavern, or something happens if you bring a Genesect to a particular spot. Just thought I'd mention it as it hasn't been brought up yet.

LLR
13th February 2014, 5:06 PM
What are your thoughts about the race track on Rt 22?

It has me wondering if Grace moved from a region we get to visit in the future...
of course it could just be a tease

venetrix
13th February 2014, 5:18 PM
What are your thoughts about the race track on Rt 22?

It has me wondering if Grace moved from a region we get to visit in the future...
of course it could just be a tease

I'm not holding out hopes for any in-game Rhyhorn racing, though they might make a PGL mini-game out of it. Also, I think expanding on Grace's origin would involve writing more of a background for the player character than they've done in the past.

Shine
15th February 2014, 4:44 AM
The race track is really strange, why did GF only give us a small shot of the race track instead of letting us actually participate in one?

Looking at the Rhyhorn Race itself......

It's implied to be a major attraction or at least something interesting that's unique to Kalos, not to mention all those people being fans of Grace (strangely enough, none of them recognize our character as Grace's child lol).
And the anime even has an episode about it.

It just feels like something that should have been an actual feature in the game.

The mechanic for a race is also already present in the game - we can ride a Rhyhorn in Route 9. Just give it the same speed as the ride-able Skiddo, and you have something usable for a race.

So why did GF not let us race?

My theory, is that X/Y is meant to introduce us to the riding concept. Just like how B/W introduced Rotation and Triple Battle, yet B/W has very few of them. It's not until B2/W2 that Rotation and Triple Battle becomes much more common.

It is possible that the race will be available in "the third game" - that's the only game that makes sense for a Rhyhorn Race minigame. That's all I'm going to say about it - I don't want this to turn into a full-blown "third game" talk, it's against the rule :p

Hexin' Wishes
15th February 2014, 6:38 AM
^Clearly a new Rotom forme is coming out. Electric/Steel Car Rotom that we will be able to drive in y'all! (kidding kidding).

wildvaporeon
15th February 2014, 6:57 AM
No connection to older pokemon? What about Sylveon?It evolves from Eevee.

ShiningKnightXY
16th February 2014, 3:57 PM
It has been revealed through its pokedex entry that Diancie is in fact related to Carbink.

Unredemption
16th February 2014, 4:12 PM
^Clearly a new Rotom forme is coming out. Electric/Steel Car Rotom that we will be able to drive in y'all! (kidding kidding).

That would be pretty wicked. And the signature move could be Road Rage!

Definitely agree with the Spooky House being very anti-climatic. If they can do something like the Lumiose City ghost girl and the Old Chateau, I don't see why they didn't expand on the idea since it's such a perfect setting for it. Abandoned creaky old house in the middle of a swamp? There's definitely something worthwhile there.

Dragonair7
17th February 2014, 2:19 AM
Because all of the first instalments are generally left incomplete so that the 3rd instalment/sequel (etc) can make up for it...? I think that's the best reason, looking at previous generations, anyway.

I wasn't really involved in any forums or online communities when BW came out, but I didn't feel like those games had an underwhelming amount of content. I absolutely loved them and I have racked over 200 hours on my copy of Black. While B2W2 did make improvements and added a ton of new content, I didn't feel like BW was missing parts. The post game kept me entertained way longer than XY's for sure. I can't speak about DP, being new to the pokemon world at the time, but Platinum was definitely an expansion of Gen 4

The race track is really strange, why did GF only give us a small shot of the race track instead of letting us actually participate in one?

Looking at the Rhyhorn Race itself......

It's implied to be a major attraction or at least something interesting that's unique to Kalos, not to mention all those people being fans of Grace (strangely enough, none of them recognize our character as Grace's child lol).
And the anime even has an episode about it.

It just feels like something that should have been an actual feature in the game.

The mechanic for a race is also already present in the game - we can ride a Rhyhorn in Route 9. Just give it the same speed as the ride-able Skiddo, and you have something usable for a race.

So why did GF not let us race?

My theory, is that X/Y is meant to introduce us to the riding concept. Just like how B/W introduced Rotation and Triple Battle, yet B/W has very few of them. It's not until B2/W2 that Rotation and Triple Battle becomes much more common.

It is possible that the race will be available in "the third game" - that's the only game that makes sense for a Rhyhorn Race minigame. That's all I'm going to say about it - I don't want this to turn into a full-blown "third game" talk, it's against the rule :p

That's what I was thinking. It would even be cool if it was mandatory to win a race to progress past a certain point. Like, a group of thugs took over a route and to continue you had to beat them in a race. I hope that Rhyhorn Racing is explored a little more in the next installments.

Joshblue02
21st February 2014, 8:56 PM
Well, if Diancie has it's own movie, that makes another two movies for Hoopa and Volcanion

Hexin' Wishes
21st February 2014, 10:32 PM

Definitely agree with the Spooky House being very anti-climatic. If they can do something like the Lumiose City ghost girl and the Old Chateau, I don't see why they didn't expand on the idea since it's such a perfect setting for it. Abandoned creaky old house in the middle of a swamp? There's definitely something worthwhile there.

They better spin it on it's head and put a...BLISSEY IN IT!

Dragonair7
26th February 2014, 2:44 AM
If you bring a Genesect into your game and show it to the Hiker in Ambrette fossil lab, he gives you the three "drive" items that go with it. From that point on, if you talk to him he says, "Genesect is also rumored to have been found in Glittering Cave... it's only a rumor though." This could just be another red herring from an NPC, especially as it's only viewable by people who've already obtained Genesect, but I reckon there'll turn out to be a future event where either Genesect is found in the cavern, or something happens if you bring a Genesect to a particular spot. Just thought I'd mention it as it hasn't been brought up yet.

I didn't see that, because I don't have a Genesect :( I could never get my DS Lite to connect to my home wi-fi, but the 3DS is amazing in that regard. America never got the shiny Genesect event with the movie, so that could be a theory, but I don't know if they would give out the event so far past the movie.

So, the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest always creeped the heck out of me. And the girl that would walk around that you couldn't talk to.. *shudders*. But that place was just ominous in that it had absolutely nothing to do with the storyline. Rather it existed just to scare you. Also, the ghost girl in Lumiose had no explanation to go with her (which is killing me, btw!) so she still has some mystery. Shanua standing there with you kinda ruined any suspence or lasting feeling I had about the place.
I think I agree with Hexin' Wishes in that it was just there to stretch out the plot, but I feel like we still haven't seen the end of it, despite it being so anti-climactic.

VampirateMace
26th February 2014, 4:05 AM
3. Lots of buildings in Pokemon are there for looks only, and only a fool would leave the local power plant unlocked. Not a mystery.

5. Why has no one said where this is obtained yet?

7. Bill, he is talking about Bill. In the very first games, Bill accidentally turns himself into a pokemon. Yeah, you can call it a PMD ref if you like, but in the main game canon he’s obviously referring to Bill.

yestolgia
26th February 2014, 3:21 PM
I want to know more about that message on the back of that TMV table in Lumiose Station.

If anyone doesn't know: Go to Lumiose Station, where you take the train to Kiloude City. Go behind the board farthest from the entrance, and press a. A message should appear: "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place."

Why did they have to write that they were going for help on the back of a board, instead of telling the person? Where's the "usual place"? What did they need help with? Was the help in Kiloude City, or do the trains go other places too?

It's just such an odd easter egg. o_o

The Pokemon Broadcast
27th February 2014, 3:28 AM
I wonder if there's more of a story behind the Unopenable Room in Hotel Richissmee.

You know, the door with the guy that stands in front of it that says:
"Huhuhu... This is the Unopenable Room...
I took a mop, see, and barred the door...

I don't know about anyone else, this might just be me, but I have this feeling there could be more to this mysterious "Unopenable Room"...

Also, a few pages a couple people here mentioned how Hoopa could be found in the Chamber Of Emptiness.
I now agree with this. I mean, a cave with the description "nothing can exist within it" is just screaming to have some mystery (or mythical pokemon) surrounding it. Also, you find the Spooky Plate within it, an item ghost Pokemon can hold. Hoopas secondary type is the ghost type, so this makes sense.

venetrix
27th February 2014, 9:56 AM
I wonder if there's more of a story behind the Unopenable Room in Hotel Richissmee.

There's a door on the ground floor of the art museum that doesn't open as well. I figured it was just there for aesthetic/flavour reasons.

TheGreaterLucario
28th February 2014, 12:59 AM

You know, the door with the guy that stands in front of it that says:
"Huhuhu... This is the Unopenable Room...
I took a mop, see, and barred the door...

I don't know about anyone else, this might just be me, but I have this feeling there could be more to this mysterious "Unopenable Room"...

Why do I have a feeling it's something that that guy doesn't want anyone to see...

Colton S
28th February 2014, 3:41 AM
What about the note Alexa's boss leaves? It says, "I'm off to pursue the mythical Pokemon." And it states that she would start in the mountains... Maybe she was looking for Diancie! But I feel like she is connected to the strange message on the board at the station. Maybe she got hurt?

And there's that mention of the Lava Dome Pokemon in Plaza, that could be either Volcanion or Heatran...

Dragonair7
28th February 2014, 3:51 AM
100th post! :)

3. Lots of buildings in Pokemon are there for looks only, and only a fool would leave the local power plant unlocked. Not a mystery.

5. Why has no one said where this is obtained yet?

7. Bill, he is talking about Bill. In the very first games, Bill accidentally turns himself into a pokemon. Yeah, you can call it a PMD ref if you like, but in the main game canon he’s obviously referring to Bill.

3. Most people don't leave private residences unlocked, or hotel rooms, or office buildings either. It's pokemon logic. Besides, I was thinking that an event would give you the pass

5. You get the Strange Souvenir from a traveling hiker in the hotels

7. Be nice. In English, if someone blew their house up, you go "Why would they do that?" not "Would anyone want to do that." So maybe, but I think it means something else

I want to know more about that message on the back of that TMV table in Lumiose Station.

If anyone doesn't know: Go to Lumiose Station, where you take the train to Kiloude City. Go behind the board farthest from the entrance, and press a. A message should appear: "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place."

Why did they have to write that they were going for help on the back of a board, instead of telling the person? Where's the "usual place"? What did they need help with? Was the help in Kiloude City, or do the trains go other places too?

It's just such an odd easter egg. o_o

I agree. The messages are version exclusive as well (I've heard, haven't tested it) , and there is that little kid that stands there and goes "It's around here somewhere, right?"
I was wondering where the 2nd rail leads to as well...

Why do I have a feeling it's something that that guy doesn't want anyone to see...

Lol. Reminds me of that guy in the Trophy Garden house that says "don't ask what I'm doing with the maids" or something along those lines. ~kinky

What about the note Alexa's boss leaves? It says, "I'm off to pursue the mythical Pokemon." And it states that she would start in the mountains... Maybe she was looking for Diancie! But I feel like she is connected to the strange message on the board at the station. Maybe she got hurt?

I think she was definitely looking for one of the legendaries, either Diancie or Hoopa, but I didn't think of the getting hurt thing. Interesting theory.

Colton S
28th February 2014, 4:04 AM
I think she was definitely looking for one of the legendaries, either Diancie or Hoopa, but I didn't think of the getting hurt thing. Interesting theory.

It said that she would be gone for awhile, but it does make me wonder what could have happened to her.
Another theory:
Valerie used to be one of the Kimono Girls in Johto. She has a Kimono Girl appearance plus Eeveelution. Do you think she might be another Kimono Girl? I remember a NPC saying she was from Johto...

Dragonair7
28th February 2014, 4:47 AM
Yeah. Valerie is a fashion designer from Johto. One of the Furiside girls said that. And she does use an Eeveeloution, so could very well be a Kimono girl.

Goten21
28th February 2014, 10:08 PM
it could be all those thing you said or nintendo just put it there and make us thinking and waiting for nothing :D or it gonna be unlock in the next kalos game ' let said pokemon z ; :D

That's basically DLCing us, only then on a whole nother level... We know Nintendo hates that ***** :p

Unredemption
1st March 2014, 2:45 AM
That's basically DLCing us, only then on a whole nother level... We know Nintendo hates that ***** :p

But hasn't Nintendo always been doing that? In every "third version" there's always been a ton of new content that weren't available in the original pair. Not to mention the ability to catch both version mascots too.

VampirateMace
1st March 2014, 7:11 AM
7. Be nice. In English, if someone blew their house up, you go "Why would they do that?" not "Would anyone want to do that." So maybe, but I think it means something else

First, I wasn't being mean, I was being shocked that no one remembered Bill. I know you can’t tell tone via text, but it’s not like I called anyone an idiot or anything. Second, grammar aside, both those sentences are valid English responses to someone blowing up their house, there’s a lot of valid responses and a lot of valid ways to express those responses.

Firebrand
1st March 2014, 6:43 PM

Zygarde is found in the mountains, it could simply be a nod to that.

Grey Wind
1st March 2014, 10:42 PM
Zygarde is found in the mountains, it could simply be a nod to that.
"Mythical" is usually reserved for the event legends, and considering that there's seemingly some sort of in-game event to do with Diancie I wouldn't be surprised if that was what they were referring to.

Firebrand
1st March 2014, 11:06 PM
"Mythical" is usually reserved for the event legends, and considering that there's seemingly some sort of in-game event to do with Diancie I wouldn't be surprised if that was what they were referring to.

Not so. Since Gen V, legendary pokemon have been referred to in-game and in promotional material as "mythical". Reshiram, Zekrom, the Kamis and I believe the Muskedeers were all called mythical, not legendary, and none of them are event legends.

Grey Wind
1st March 2014, 11:11 PM
Not so. Since Gen V, legendary pokemon have been referred to in-game and in promotional material as "mythical". Reshiram, Zekrom, the Kamis and I believe the Muskedeers were all called mythical, not legendary, and none of them are event legends.
Oh, really? I thought it was still reserved for event legends. Zygarde probably makes the most sense then, yeah.

PinkiePieFox
1st March 2014, 11:23 PM
Someone earlier mentioned about Genesect and its relation with Reflection cave. I have the movie event one (from Japan) and took him there, but nothing happened. Despite going to the REALLY suspicious area that is really pretty and glistening that you have to find (it's concealed) in the depths of the cave. I do think something will happen there... just what I don't know...

LLR
1st March 2014, 11:35 PM
Someone earlier mentioned about Genesect and its relation with Reflection cave. I have the movie event one (from Japan) and took him there, but nothing happened. Despite going to the REALLY suspicious area that is really pretty and glistening that you have to find (it's concealed) in the depths of the cave. I do think something will happen there... just what I don't know...

I agree that that is one of the spots that just seems like something more is supposed to happen there.

Endolise
2nd March 2014, 12:21 AM

That spot is where you find the Alakazite. If that area has any other purpose, it isn't known.

Firebrand
2nd March 2014, 1:39 AM

Like Endolise said, it's just a place to put the Alakazite on the map. Granted, it's one of the more difficult stones to reach, but I don't think it has much significance outside of that. There are areas like that in every game, things that look like they could be significant but really aren't. I have the same feeling about the Chamber of Emptiness. I know that a lot of people think Hoopa is going to be there, but honestly I'm not convinced. I think it's just a place to put Shadow Ball and the Banette stone that's a little bit out of the way.

Dragonair7
2nd March 2014, 2:25 AM
I kinda had the same thought as Firebrand, that it reminded me of the Chamber of Emptiness, which I really don't think is going to be significant. Hoops has something to do with the Hex Maniac in the unmarked building.

First, I wasn't being mean, I was being shocked that no one remembered Bill. I know you can’t tell tone via text, but it’s not like I called anyone an idiot or anything. Second, grammar aside, both those sentences are valid English responses to someone blowing up their house, there’s a lot of valid responses and a lot of valid ways to express those responses.

My apologies. I thought your post was rather biting, not suprised. I suppose it's hard to tell through text. But I still don't agree as to how one would phrase something like that.

cascadethewarrior
2nd March 2014, 3:11 AM
That spot is where you find the Alakazite. If that area has any other purpose, it isn't known.

I think it might have some relation to Diancie. Seems like the perfect place with Carbink running amok and what not.

Endolise
2nd March 2014, 6:15 AM
I think it might have some relation to Diancie. Seems like the perfect place with Carbink running amok and what not.

Maybe. I mean, we will have to see what happens if somebody who has a Diancie decides to take it there for some reason, but so far, the only in-game event that Diancie is known to trigger is the small sequence in which Some Guy's aides ask to take your Diancie and give it to Some Guy.

savitter
2nd March 2014, 10:10 PM
Not sure if one of the countless replies has mentioned this, but I wonder if acquiring all shiny pokemon will do something. As in, having owned (or possibly just seen) a shiny of ever pokemon in the dex. Reason being shinies are super easy to acquire now. I was thinking it might have something to do with the spooky lumiose girl (of course this is just speculation).

ebevan91
2nd March 2014, 11:18 PM
Not sure if one of the countless replies has mentioned this, but I wonder if acquiring all shiny pokemon will do something. As in, having owned (or possibly just seen) a shiny of ever pokemon in the dex. Reason being shinies are super easy to acquire now. I was thinking it might have something to do with the spooky lumiose girl (of course this is just speculation).

How the **** are shinies "super easy to acquire"? I have 1 shiny from probably 300 hours of Pokemon X.

yestolgia
3rd March 2014, 3:31 AM
How the **** are shinies "super easy to acquire"? I have 1 shiny from probably 300 hours of Pokemon X.

In Gen 6, the chance of encountering shiny Pokemon has doubled. 1/8192 to 1/4096 if I'm remembering correctly. It's actually quite common to encounter a horde with a shiny in it's midst.

Shine
3rd March 2014, 4:42 AM
If "after more than 100 hordes" is considered as "quite common", that is.

Shiny chance might be higher in Gen 6, but that doesn't always mean Shinies are easier to obtain.

Even with MM + Shiny Charm it still took me over 700 eggs for a Shiny Froakie. Someone else I know took well over 2000 eggs.

But this is not the shiny thread.

I kinda had the same thought as Firebrand, that it reminded me of the Chamber of Emptiness, which I really don't think is going to be significant. Hoops has something to do with the Hex Maniac in the unmarked building.

Why not both? Probably Hoopa has something to do with Chamber of Emptiness AND the Hex Maniac ghost.

As for the Reflection Cave topic, I've said this before on this thread:

It's strange how Alakazite is placed on the sparkly area that draws attention, when other Mega Stones are placed on incredibly random areas (on the stairs in a city, in front of a tower somewhere in Victory Road, behind a Pokemon NPC, on the back side of a Gym puzzle.......)

It feels like it's a diversion, to make us think it's for Alakazite when in reality it's for something else.

It's the same thing with Banettite, which is inside the Chamber of Emptiness. It's a specific location that makes people curious, instead of a random one.

Theodamas
5th March 2014, 5:14 PM
I didn't think about Hoopa and the Chamber of Emptiness. I think all of these pokemon will be event only though. Sorry for the miscount though. :)

But they can still be event only and captureable, like Darkrai and Shaymin in Platinum

Goten21
8th March 2014, 6:31 PM

I say this is false

They already brought out the discount coupon too!

Dragonair7
8th March 2014, 10:36 PM
Reason being shinies are super easy to acquire now. I was thinking it might have something to do with the spooky lumiose girl (of course this is just speculation).

Lies.

Why not both? Probably Hoopa has something to do with Chamber of Emptiness AND the Hex Maniac ghost.

;360;

As for the Reflection Cave topic, I've said this before on this thread:

It's the same thing with Banettite, which is inside the Chamber of Emptiness. It's a specific location that makes people curious, instead of a random one.

The Alakazamite isn't quite as mysterious in my mind as the Banettite. While being more difficult to find than most of the other Mega Stones, it still isn't hidden away in some little corner of the region that you wouldn't visit. The Chamber of Emptiness is.
But, the placement of the Mega Stones is interesting. Some made sense, like the Ampharosite (with the story of the man and his Ampharos) and the Gyradosite (there is an NPC who tells you that she likes the story of the Magikarp going up the waterfall), but others, like the Mawilite, Alakazamite, and the Banettite were weird, because there s no connection to those pokemon in those places. It's not like these pokemon can be caught in the areas either. And the one that is next to the two roller skaters doesn't make any sense either. I really don't get Mawile and Shabboneau Castle didn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

But they can still be event only and captureable, like Darkrai and Shaymin in Platinum

I am hoping that the pokemon will either active some events or you will need to do something to get the pokemon, and that it won't just be handed to you at a PokeMart.

Hexin' Wishes
9th March 2014, 5:04 AM
I really don't get Mawile and Shabboneau Castle didn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Easy: Mawile is royalty and you will deal. [/explained]

If I may be real with you guys, Gen VI is the first time I feel like they didn't explain things or left them unexplained. Before this it was only really the ghost girl but now we have a fake spooky house, another ghost girl, mega stone locations and etc.

Pokémon X2/Y2 please come soon! (or just make me forget about the Kalos region for a bit with a XRuby/YSapphire release)

Grey Wind
9th March 2014, 1:00 PM
The mega stones are deliberately hard to find. They probably just chose locations that were out of the way, or places they didn't think people would return to. I doubt they have any actual connection to the stone.

Wulava
9th March 2014, 1:23 PM
The mega stones are deliberately hard to find. They probably just chose locations that were out of the way, or places they didn't think people would return to. I doubt they have any actual connection to the stone.

I strongly agree with this. I think some people are just really over-analyzing things and trying to make a connection when there actually aren't any.

Victreebong
10th March 2014, 2:15 AM
Excitable Boy nailed the biggest mystery of the region; Zygarde's involvement with the mortality trio. Will it get a different form though... Will we see another fusion? Will it be a different typing? Does it change it's iconic yet simple visage? WILL IT BECOME PART POISON (!) These are questions that need answers! Game Freak definitely left a lot of subtlety this time around, similar to what they did with Giratina until Platinum.

God I miss Platinum! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE HELIX༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Treasurepanda
10th March 2014, 10:11 AM
I want to know why the o power guy is so...creepy and you know..

1. He hides in the corner facing the wall of the pokecenter
2. You meet him in a hotel by the bed
3. His name is mr bonding

He likes to bond with little 10 year olds?
I mean...really...?

PearlDex
12th March 2014, 9:45 PM
In terms of mysteries, I'd mostly like to see what's up with some of the regions of the map that are explorable for no real substantial purpose. And also something to bring Zygarde into the mix reasonably. His story was left off strangely.

I'd like to see something completely original with Zygarde. Giratina had an alternate form in Gen 4, Kyurem had 2 fusion "forms" in Gen 5, maybe Zygarde could get a mega stone. 2, even? Poison-Ground to counter Xerneas, then Dragon-Stone to counter Yveltal. Right now, Zygarde gets hit super-effectively by Xerneas and some of his attacks can be avoided by Yveltal. Mega stones would be a Kalos-relevant way to fix that, however (extremely) unlikely.

Mr.Munchlax
12th March 2014, 9:53 PM
Excitable Boy nailed the biggest mystery of the region; Zygarde's involvement with the mortality trio. Will it get a different form though... Will we see another fusion? Will it be a different typing? Does it change it's iconic yet simple visage? WILL IT BECOME PART POISON (!) These are questions that need answers! Game Freak definitely left a lot of subtlety this time around, similar to what they did with Giratina until Platinum.

God I miss Platinum! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE HELIX༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
The Mortality Trio? Is that really officially unofficial group name? I don't have a problem, it's just the first time I heard this term

Anyway, there have been a few things about the Kalos region I've been wondering about:

Zygarde's invlovement with Xerneas and Yveltal
Information about Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa in general
More information on how the mega stones tie in with when the Ultimate Weapon was used the first time

Endolise
13th March 2014, 1:11 AM
The Mortality Trio? Is that really officially unofficial group name? I don't have a problem, it's just the first time I heard this term
Yeah pretty much.

More information on how the mega stones tie in with when the Ultimate Weapon was used the first time
Well, essentially, the first use of the weapon 3000 years ago was what caused the Mega Stones to form, because various stones, probably Evolutionary Stones, were irradiated by the blast from the weapon, which was channeling the energies of Xerneas/Yveltal. And that's all there is to it.

dirkac
13th March 2014, 7:04 AM
Yeah pretty much.

Well, essentially, the first use of the weapon 3000 years ago was what caused the Mega Stones to form, because various stones, probably Evolutionary Stones, were irradiated by the blast from the weapon, which was channeling the energies of Xerneas/Yveltal. And that's all there is to it.

Althoughh that begs the question on the Mewtwonites were formed.
But of course it could just be that when Mewtwo was engineered they were a by-product, similar to theBerserk Gene.

But eh, Mewtwo in itself is an anomaly so.

Hexin' Wishes
13th March 2014, 4:22 PM
But of course it could just be that when Mewtwo was engineered they were a by-product, similar to theBerserk Gene.

More like a major plot hole. You could believe there is more Mewtwos in the world but if the mega stones were created in the war, those two shouldn't exist (and notice how the movie that Mega Mewtwo Y was in didn't bother to explain the forme change without the stone).

Unless they're going to come up with a "the stones were always there, it just required a special Pokémon to react to it". cop-out.

My other issue with the Mega Stones is that if "Mega Evolution cannot be achieved if there is not a strong bond between Trainer and Pokémon." how come Pokémon I've not used before can Mega Evolve? They really should have thought that one through and had it match with the friendliness.

Endolise
13th March 2014, 8:39 PM

More like a major plot hole. You could believe there is more Mewtwos in the world but if the mega stones were created in the war, those two shouldn't exist (and notice how the movie that Mega Mewtwo Y was in didn't bother to explain the forme change without the stone).

Unless they're going to come up with a "the stones were always there, it just required a special Pokémon to react to it". cop-out.
Well, there are two possibilities that I can think of; one is that the scientists who created Mewtwo were aware of the Mega Stones and decided to artificially engineer Mega Stones for Mewtwo by using a different Mega Stone as a base, or that indeed, those Stones were warped by the weapon in such a way that they jut happen to align with Mewtwo's altered genetic code.

My other issue with the Mega Stones is that if "Mega Evolution cannot be achieved if there is not a strong bond between Trainer and Pokémon." how come Pokémon I've not used before can Mega Evolve? They really should have thought that one through and had it match with the friendliness.
This one's easy. :P http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation

Victreebong
14th March 2014, 3:28 AM
@ Endolise. My lizard spits fire. Your argument is invalid! /joking
(Also, I love tvtropes.com too. So glad such a place exists on the net.)

But seriously, nothing about Mewtwo makes sense. It was acknowledged officially in the Pokedex before Mew was even officially revealed, it was created from Mew's cells in a Rocket lab but we always find it in caves nowhere near areas that have Team Rocket (and over Wi-Fi), it's M-Evo is Spermtwo, the fact that it even HAS Mega Stone compatibility, it's physiologically imposing hip-ratio to waistline, the anomalies are endless.

Goldenblaze
14th March 2014, 4:32 AM
before[/I] Mew was even officially revealed

So true. If they knew about mew to make Mewtwo, why is mew after mewtwo? It has to be made before it's cloned, not after. Or maybe Mew was a team rocket secret, so they never told prof. oak.

Hexin' Wishes
14th March 2014, 4:44 AM
Wasn't it explained as they didn't think any Mews existed or something?

Excitable Boy
14th March 2014, 4:45 AM
I'd imagine Mewtwo comes before Mew for the same reason Bulbasaur isn't historically the first known Pokemon.

Goldenblaze
14th March 2014, 2:59 PM
I remember in a chapter of the manga where green(english version) and red are hunting down mew. Red thinks there are 150, while green corrects him by saying mew is the 151st. That means mew was undiscovered at the time, and one of the 150 pokemon red knew was Mewtwo. Keep in mind that Red hadn't met Mewtwo yet or even knew much about it, but he, and just about every person besides green and Team Rocket, thought of Mewtwo without knowing Mew.
Funny thing is, when Red finally meets Mewtwo and "catches" it, he never stopped to think why the clone was recognized before the original.
But here we are, talking about Mewtwo, when this is a Kalos mystery thread.
So another mystery for y'all.

Why were Articuno and the other birds put into the game without a reason? Are they going to play a part or not? If so, how would you speculate?

dirkac
14th March 2014, 3:04 PM
So true. If they knew about mew to make Mewtwo, why is mew after mewtwo? It has to be made before it's cloned, not after. Or maybe Mew was a team rocket secret, so they never told prof. oak.

Except Blaine and Mr. Fuji created Mewtwo.

Anyway it's the same reason why Pokémon that live underwater don't existin theUnova Dex; the Pokédex has tons of disrepancies even in listing.

JW1004
14th March 2014, 5:31 PM
Why were Articuno and the other birds put into the game without a reason? Are they going to play a part or not? If so, how would you speculate?

That was just the most odd addition for me to the game

Horn of Valmar
14th March 2014, 6:22 PM
But seriously, nothing about Mewtwo makes sense. It was acknowledged officially in the Pokedex before Mew was even officially revealed, it was created from Mew's cells in a Rocket lab but we always find it in caves nowhere near areas that have Team Rocket (and over Wi-Fi), it's M-Evo is Spermtwo, the fact that it even HAS Mega Stone compatibility, it's physiologically imposing hip-ratio to waistline, the anomalies are endless.

Just because team rocket created A mewtwo, doesn't mean that that is the only way to get a mewtwo. Who knows, maybe a Mew exposed to the ultimate weapon during the war 3000 years ago made it mutate into Mewtwo. That would also explain the mega stones, because iirc the weapon had something to do with those aswell

dirkac
14th March 2014, 6:28 PM
Just because team rocket created A mewtwo, doesn't mean that that is the only way to get a mewtwo. Who knows, maybe a Mew exposed to the ultimate weapon during the war 3000 years ago made it mutate into Mewtwo. That would also explain the mega stones, because iirc the weapon had something to do with those aswell

Um, hello, Team Rocket wasn't involved at all with Mew or Mewtwo, Blaine and Mr. Fuji engineered Mewtwo.

Yes, the Mega Stones were a by-product of the Ultimate Machine, but I find it more plausible that either they were altered alongside Mewtwo, originally being Mewites or the such, were a simple by-product of Mewtwo's creation, similar to the Berserk Gene, or were, like Hexin' Wishes said, happened to have the same genetic make-up as Mewtwo.

Horn of Valmar
14th March 2014, 6:37 PM
Um, hello, Team Rocket wasn't involved at all with Mew or Mewtwo, Blaine and Mr. Fuji engineered Mewtwo.

I don't remember much about it, just that team rocket hired scientist to create mewtwo. Well, that is in the first movie, if that's different from in the game then I'm wrong

dirkac
14th March 2014, 6:46 PM
I don't remember much about it, just that team rocket hired scientist to create mewtwo. Well, that is in the first movie, if that's different from in the game then I'm wrong

Game=/=Animé.

Nothing of the sort happens in the Game, and the only Pokémon Team Rocket were involved with in any single way (except the ones they used like Zubat etc.) were Cubone, due to the death of Marowak, and the Game Corner Prizes, due to the Game Corner being run by Team Rocket.

All we know about ?mewtwo's creation is that Mew gave birth to it, Mr. Fuji and Blaine were involved, and that the Berserk Gene was a by-product.

Hexin' Wishes
14th March 2014, 7:34 PM
All we know about ?mewtwo's creation is that Mew gave birth to it, Mr. Fuji and Blaine were involved, and that the Berserk Gene was a by-product.

But it's RB dex entry is:

It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.
and all future gens follow suit thus it was not a natural birth for the (initial) Mewtwo at least.

I like the fact that it was dubbed "Mewtwo" even before they started tampering with it's DNA though. I do like the theories that the Mew that birthed Mewtwo was the one from Faraway Island.

Sidenote: Go hermaphrodite pokémon! Don't need anybody to make them have a baby.

Victreebong
15th March 2014, 8:15 PM
Sidenote: Go hermaphrodite pokémon! Don't need anybody to make them have a baby.

So close, except that "hermaphrodite Pokémon" don't exist because there's only male, female and genderless. (Genderless being a pretty vague blanket term.) BUT, if they were TRUE hermaphrodites, then they'd be a male and female, not genderless. Either that, or Game Freak is smart about avoiding potentially controversial socio-gender spectrums in video games.

My money's on the later.

dirkac
16th March 2014, 2:06 AM
But it's RB dex entry is:

and all future gens follow suit thus it was not a natural birth for the (initial) Mewtwo at least.

I like the fact that it was dubbed "Mewtwo" even before they started tampering with it's DNA though. I do like the theories that the Mew that birthed Mewtwo was the one from Faraway Island.

Yeah. A Dex Entry. Same source that claims Magikarp can Splash over mountains and that Magcargo is hotter than thesun.

Hexin' Wishes
16th March 2014, 3:14 AM
So close, except that "hermaphrodite Pokémon" don't exist because there's only male, female and genderless. (Genderless being a pretty vague blanket term.) BUT, if they were TRUE hermaphrodites, then they'd be a male and female, not genderless. Either that, or Game Freak is smart about avoiding potentially controversial socio-gender spectrums in video games.

My money's on the later.

*latter ;)

And I was half-joking due the gender unknown egg group (which Mew is not part of) is called "Sex Unknown" in Japan. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gender_unknown_%28Egg_Group%29)

Yeah. A Dex Entry. Same source that claims Magikarp can Splash over mountains and that Magcargo is hotter than thesun.

There's a difference between exaggeration like those two and saying scientists tampered with a Pokémon.

Tropios
16th March 2014, 2:58 PM

Actually that seems the more logical conclusion, I don't see what's wrong with that.

It being the other way around would be a bit farfetched.

Dragonair7
16th March 2014, 6:30 PM
I would say that Mew follows Mewtwo in the pokedex because, while there were rumors and speculation of Mew, there was never enough concrete evidence to put it in the pokedex. Also, if memory serves, Mewtwo was created using Mew's DNA, which means that people could have thought that Mew was actually extinct, and extinct pokemon aren't put in the dex unless they can be brought back (like the fossils). So, while there was proof that Mewtwo existed, there wasn't proof of a live Mew until after Mewtwo was recorded, so Mew follows Mewtwo in the pokedex.

diakyu
16th March 2014, 6:37 PM
I'm not exactly sure what's the topic you guys are talking about. But I have a question. Isn't it entirely possible the Mewtwo in Kalos is the same one from Kanto?

imran3
16th March 2014, 6:41 PM
I have a question- What is that Mythical Pokemon in Alexa's office, the desk of their director, it says that he/she would go into the mountains and seek the so called Mythical Pokemon. I wonder who it could be...

Endolise
16th March 2014, 6:42 PM
I would say that Mew follows Mewtwo in the pokedex because, while there were rumors and speculation of Mew, there was never enough concrete evidence to put it in the pokedex. Also, if memory serves, Mewtwo was created using Mew's DNA, which means that people could have thought that Mew was actually extinct, and extinct pokemon aren't put in the dex unless they can be brought back (like the fossils). So, while there was proof that Mewtwo existed, there wasn't proof of a live Mew until after Mewtwo was recorded, so Mew follows Mewtwo in the pokedex.

Good point. That logic could also explain why Phione is listed before Manaphy in the Pokédex. Phione are far more common in-universe.

I'm not exactly sure what's the topic you guys are talking about. But I have a question. Isn't it entirely possible the Mewtwo in Kalos is the same one from Kanto?

Isn't that what we were all already assuming?

Ironthunder
16th March 2014, 7:32 PM
I belive that it is referring to Zygarde, as Terminus Cave appears to be within a mountain, and is considered Mythical.

Hexin' Wishes
16th March 2014, 7:35 PM
It's a possibility but there could also be more Mewtwos.

Just like how there can be more of the legendary birds/etc. Besides, scientific experiments usually aren't just one...

Endolise
16th March 2014, 7:54 PM
I belive that it is referring to Zygarde, as Terminus Cave appears to be within a mountain, and is considered Mythical.

The term "Mythical Pokémon" is reserved for event-only Pokémon, which Zygarde is not.

diakyu
16th March 2014, 10:17 PM
Isn't that what we were all already assuming?
Okay thanks. Like I said I haven't been paying much attention to this thread so I didn't realize.

CMD Calcio
16th March 2014, 10:19 PM
I was thinking yes and no. Mewtwo was the result of one experiment, right? If that's really the case, how is there one in Kalos and one in Kanto? Scary thought.

Excitable Boy
17th March 2014, 1:43 AM
I was thinking yes and no. Mewtwo was the result of one experiment, right? If that's really the case, how is there one in Kalos and one in Kanto? Scary thought.

It's possible that the Mewtwo from the Kanto saga migrated to Kalos.

The legendary birds were implied to have come to Sinnoh from Kanto, anyway.

Wulava
17th March 2014, 1:51 AM

XY's timeline happened during/after the events of Black2/White2 (which was the most recent timeline before XY). Several references point to this:
- An NPC at one of the Pokemon Centers at Lumiose mentions that Team Plasma were making news a while back in the Unova region.
- Wulfric is a fan of the Brycen-Man series. Brycen only went back into acting at B2W2.
- An NPC mentions Colress.
- While not exactly a reference, Colress' research might have been Mega Evolution all along.

That said, we can simply assume that Mewtwo fled to Kalos (assuming that Mewtwo was never caught by anyone in HGSS).

Firebrand
17th March 2014, 2:00 AM
The term "Mythical Pokémon" is reserved for event-only Pokémon, which Zygarde is not.

This was addressed a few pages back. Since Gen V, all legendary pokemon have been referred to in-game and in promotional material as "Mythical". Victini, Keldeo and Meloetta were all called mythical pokemon, but so were Zekrom, Reshiram, the Kami trio and the Muskedeers, which are all found in-game as non-event pokemon. Mythical is just the in-universe designation of legendary.

sheld999
17th March 2014, 3:45 AM
i seen a video of daincie event the guy comes into pokemon center saying this mythical pokemon choose you as a partner etc

bigbro223
17th March 2014, 11:08 PM
As for the Power Plant, I expect Volcanion and the Weather Trio.

One plant seems to converting magma to energy, representing Groudon. Another is a hydroelectric plant, representing Kyogre. The last has a windmill, representing Rayquaza. The fourth could house Volcanion. It's probably just a crazy theory though.

Shine
18th March 2014, 7:32 AM

One plant seems to converting magma to energy, representing Groudon. Another is a hydroelectric plant, representing Kyogre. The last has a windmill, representing Rayquaza. The fourth could house Volcanion. It's probably just a crazy theory though.

The fourth locked Power Plant seems to take its energy from photosynthesis, though. It's kinda hard to relate that with Volcanion......

Master of Radiance
18th March 2014, 7:34 AM

I see where you're going with this.

And I like it.

Lazy Lucario
21st March 2014, 4:11 AM
I do hope there's more legends hidden in thee game but perhaps it's all wishful thinking. It would be cool though. I don't like when I can't get into places... If there's a door, there should be some way to open it.

Mye
21st March 2014, 4:18 AM
I do hope there's more legends hidden in thee game but perhaps it's all wishful thinking. It would be cool though. I don't like when I can't get into places... If there's a door, there should be some way to open it.

See, I really hope that there's a remake of ruby/sapphire in 6th gen that introduces some of the new legendaries/mega-stones (the lati megastones and volcanion would be perfect for those games). While b2/w2 did introduce some of the 3rd gen legendaries back into the games, they also left a massive void un-filled that only makes me crave the nostalgic elements even more, notably the 3rd gen battle frontier which in my opinion was the funnest post-e4 element of any pokemon game past or present.

Disaster_Lord
21st March 2014, 4:38 AM

If there is a truck at S.S. Anne we should be able to use it.
GF loves to add stuff that arent necesarilly leading to something, lets remember the void at DPPt games.

PkmnTrainerJ
21st March 2014, 1:42 PM
The train station at Coumarine City seems odd to me. The only train station that doesn't go anywhere and it's at the edge of Kalos, looking like it might lead elsewhere.

SerenaForTheWin
21st March 2014, 1:46 PM
The train station at Coumarine City seems odd to me. The only train station that doesn't go anywhere and it's at the edge of Kalos, looking like it might lead elsewhere.

some people were saying that it leads to a legendary pokemon that hasn't been discovered (gen 7 legendary perhaps?)

Silicone
21st March 2014, 2:20 PM
The Heatran in jaune plaza still bothers me. I remember hearing it for the first time.. I was so excited

Thundabolt
21st March 2014, 3:25 PM
I was gonna mention the Rhyhorn track but it's already been covered. Still weird that it's there, though.

I know there's an NPC who mentions Blue, and says he recently visited Kalos.

Maybe Mega Latias/Latios only exist in the games so that you can trade their stones over from a future game?

Endolise
21st March 2014, 6:23 PM
I know there's an NPC who mentions Blue, and says he recently visited Kalos.

Well, she says that he came to Kalos to study abroad, but she didn't say anything about when it happened. I always assumed that, based on her statement that he "got 'bonjour' down just fine," she meant that it happened before FRLG in the timeline, although thinking about it now, he would have been a bit young at that point. But then again, that's never stopped anyone in the Pokémon world. I mean, there are even kids with full-time jobs as Gym Leaders, so I guess it wouldn't be too out-there.

Lazy Lucario
21st March 2014, 8:20 PM
That truck still bugs me to this day... Not because of the Mew thing but I wonder who decided to put it there...

Dragonair7
25th March 2014, 4:46 PM
- While not exactly a reference, Colress' research might have been Mega Evolution all along.

Whoa. That's good, and could explain the one NPC on Route 10? that says "Colress told me these stones emit a special energy a few years back" or something along those lines.

A few pages back, there was a theory that the Power Plant would be like Whirl Islands, and only one of the doors led to Volcanion, because he is definitely related to energy, being a steam generator. I agree with this one. Stretching photosynthesis to relate to Volcanion seems difficult.

Endolise
25th March 2014, 7:10 PM
Whoa. That's good, and could explain the one NPC on Route 10? that says "Colress told me these stones emit a special energy a few years back" or something along those lines.

It would make sense. We know that the subject of Colress' research was maximizing the hidden potential of Pokémon, which is exactly what Mega Evolution is according to Lysandre:

Lysandre: According to Professor Sycamore's research, Mega Evolution releases all of a Pokémon's hidden energy at once. The Pokémon then exhibits a level of power it could not attain through ordinary Evolution. What meaning can we draw from this? Do all people and Pokémon have such potential, or is it hidden within a chosen few?

Interestingly, Mega Evolution confirms that Colress was kind of right after all:

Colress: Excuse me for repeating myself, but if it will make Pokémon stronger, I don't care what it takes! If interacting with Pokémon can increase their powers only to a certain point, then their full strength must be brought out using a scientific approach.

The bond between an Trainer and their Pokémon is essential to the process of Mega Evolution, but Mega Evolution also has a scientific aspect in the form of the Mega Ring and the Mega Stones.

sheld999
26th March 2014, 11:15 AM
in the story they said kalos had many wars against surround regions ( more than one ) so we might see more new regions in future or a 2 gen game like example germany and kalos .....there another train tracks that lead nowhere... one in couirway town and one in iluminouse city.... there a section that closed off in the city iswell like an old exit thats gated closed......

Wulava
26th March 2014, 3:55 PM
in the story they said kalos had many wars against surround regions ( more than one ) so we might see more new regions in future or a 2 gen game like example germany and kalos .....there another train tracks that lead nowhere... one in couirway town and one in iluminouse city.... there a section that closed off in the city iswell like an old exit thats gated closed......

That steel gate at Lumiose City's North Boulevard is just a water gate. All else leads to surrounding routes (4, 5, 13, 14, 16).

As for TMV, both Kiloude and Lumiose have two tracks. Once can simply assume that both railways have the same destination (which is back and forth between these two cities). It just so happened that you can only ride one train. But of course, one can still argue that it may lead to somewhere else.

As for Couriway's train stop, it doesn't have any TMV pass scanner (those orange boxes). I think the train that passes through Couriway is not the TMV line.

Locormus
26th March 2014, 7:14 PM
Actually that seems the more logical conclusion, I don't see what's wrong with that.

It being the other way around would be a bit farfetched.

What I hoped for was that the original Mega Stones were formed from the pillars used on Route 10 when the original weapon was fired. The essence of the pokemon that were used to power it, entered the rocks' substance. New Mega Stones could be formed when Team Flare attached other pokemon to the rocks and reused the ultimate weapon.

Still doesn't account for Mewtwo, though I'd like to think that Mew was in Kalos when the ultimate weapon was launched 3000 years ago and thus that the rocks also work with Mewtwo and that humans just called them Mewtwonite X and Y. Though in my perspective, they should have worked with Mew as well with Mewtwo.

Symphony
3rd April 2014, 3:26 AM
Going to add some of my own speculation. Sorry if any is inaccurate, I try my best, but sometimes I make mistakes!

To start off, throughout Kalos, they talk about that war with AZ. How did AZ even grow to be that tall and keep is identity a secret for so long? AZ was one of the most mysterious characters, I believe his past should of been explained a bit earlier in the game. He is a king that built a machine to revive a Pokemon. The game should had you collect maybe some of AZ's journal entries and you had to put the pieces together in the end. That would of been cool. Well, I got off topic a bit there. Back on topic, AZ's machine was almost launched again at the end of the game. What if it was shot out again? How would that affect Kalos?

Next thing I want to address is the war. I hope that GF mentions this war in there next game and then give us some more backround about it. I am super curious about the whole war. Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get? This interests me the most.

More speculation coming soon! :3

Bolt the Cat
3rd April 2014, 4:07 AM
How did AZ even grow to be that tall and keep is identity a secret for so long?

They already answered your first question in an interview, the Ultimate Weapon is what made him so tall.

Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get? This interests me the most.

1. Presumably the side that had the Ultimate Weapon (I guess Kalos?).
2. I'd like to know the answer to this as well, but if I had to guess, they were probably fighting over land.
3. I doubt they'll go into more detail here because kid's game. But we know that Floette died during the war, so it was probably pretty brutal.

Hexin' Wishes
3rd April 2014, 4:18 AM
If they go a sequel route and it's in another region, I hope it's the region that lost the war to Kalos.

LLR
3rd April 2014, 4:23 AM
If they go a sequel route and it's in another region, I hope it's the region that lost the war to Kalos.
If they choose that route Japan would have a unique and first hand perspective on what loosing that kind of war would be like. Ultimate weapon was what the atomic bomb used to be referred to.

Hexin' Wishes
3rd April 2014, 4:34 AM
If they choose that route Japan would have a unique and first hand perspective on what loosing that kind of war would be like. Ultimate weapon was what the atomic bomb used to be referred to.

The possibility of an Oscar worthy plot is delicious but GameFreak would so never go there.

Endolise
3rd April 2014, 7:44 AM
Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get?
1. Nobody won. AZ slaughtered everyone with the weapon, and he felt tremendous regret for doing so.
2. Probably land or politics or something.
3. Quite, I would imagine. We know that it raged on for several years, and according to Masuda, it saw people trying to gather stronger and stronger Pokémon to use in the war. Given that this was a no-holds-barred conflict; all-out warfare, one can imagine that it escalated and became very bad.

Shine
3rd April 2014, 8:06 AM
3. I doubt they'll go into more detail here because kid's game. But we know that Floette died during the war, so it was probably pretty brutal.

Well......it's a Floette. They must have ran out of strong Pokemon if they even think about sending a Floette into a war.

Endolise
3rd April 2014, 9:16 AM
Well......it's a Floette. They must have ran out of strong Pokemon if they even think about sending a Floette into a war.

However, AZ's Floette is stronger than normal Floette. Storyline-wise, I'm guessing it's crazy strong.

Taodragon
3rd April 2014, 9:45 AM
However, AZ's Floette is stronger than normal Floette. Storyline-wise, I'm guessing it's crazy strong.

True, but we don't know if it was like that before or after its revival, it could've just been around a regular Floette's potential before that.

Hexin' Wishes
3rd April 2014, 5:41 PM
I'm pretty sure it was A) a Draft and B) they consider all Pokémon strong.

dirkac
3rd April 2014, 6:02 PM
True, but we don't know if it was like that before or after its revival, it could've just been around a regular Floette's potential before that.

Considering that in one of the shots Floette appeared to use a Move similar to Light of Ruin I would say it already had at least some capabilities of E-Floette.

Treasurepanda
4th April 2014, 9:37 AM
Just because floette looks weak it doesnt mean it is.
Its just a bad *** pokemon.

Shine
4th April 2014, 10:45 AM
Haha, I actually forgot E-Floette has different base stats :p

Maybe Floette in the past is stronger than it is now? The radiation from the beam could have altered all Floette species, turning them weaker.

But eh, that would be a talk about Floette as a species, instead of specifically about E-Floette.

Sircharles
4th April 2014, 11:47 AM
Hmmm. Has anyone here heard about the whole "Kalos being connected to Unova" thing? Cause I mean they line up together really well. Kalos could just be the top half. Like they did in 2nd gen!! Sorry if this has been brought up already. I just thought it might spark some ideas

UnitRico
4th April 2014, 11:52 AM
Hmmm. Has anyone here heard about the whole "Kalos being connected to Unova" thing? Cause I mean they line up together really well. Kalos could just be the top half. Like they did in 2nd gen!! Sorry if this has been brought up already. I just thought it might spark some ideas

Considering the Pokémon regions are based on actual locations and seem to be connected as such, I don't see how that would work, really.

Sircharles
4th April 2014, 11:55 AM
Considering the Pokémon regions are based on actual locations and seem to be connected as such, I don't see how that would work, really.

I see what you mean. But at Parfum Palace there are those statues of Zekrom and Reshiram. Not only that there are a lot of Unova Pokemon roaming Kalos. It might be coincidence. But it'd be really awesome if they made another multi-region game.

UnitRico
4th April 2014, 12:01 PM
I see what you mean. But at Parfum Palace there are those statues of Zekrom and Reshiram. Not only that there are a lot of Unova Pokemon roaming Kalos. It might be coincidence. But it'd be really awesome if they made another multi-region game.

I'd say it's coincidence. Kalos has a lot of Pokémon from all other regions. My bet'd be that to the south, there's a Pokémon equivalent of the Iberian peninsula (I wonder how many people'd cry over how unimaginative the region would be if they ever were to make a game about that region...).

dirkac
4th April 2014, 12:02 PM

Those statues are just as relevant as how the Creation Orbs were in Dragonspiral Tower.

Really, the connection is minicule, and likely to just be yet another reference, similar to how Sinnoh (or Rowan, specifically) was mentioned like 25 times through the Game, Hoenn a few times, as well, etc.

Dragonair7
4th April 2014, 1:52 PM

I doubt they are connected, but I do wonder if the region Kaols was in a huge war with was Unova. Zekrom/Reshiram statues at Parfum Place do hint that Kalos and Unova were at least in contact in the past. Instead of Pokemon Z, we get B3W3!
The timeframe wouldn't make sense (3,000 years is a bit of a stretch for our history) but it could be possible in the pokemon world. Also, the Americas and Europe have always been closely connected.

dirkac
4th April 2014, 4:18 PM
I doubt they are connected, but I do wonder if the region Kaols was in a huge war with was Unova. Zekrom/Reshiram statues at Parfum Place do hint that Kalos and Unova were at least in contact in the past. Instead of Pokemon Z, we get B3W3!
The timeframe wouldn't make sense (3,000 years is a bit of a stretch for our history) but it could be possible in the pokemon world. Also, the Americas and Europe have always been closely connected.

no

I think the reason why Unova had some sort of prominence was because the world's first Mega Evolution happened on an Unovian person's Lucario that happened to travel to Kalos.
Hence the Mega-Lucario statue in the Tower of Mastery.

Excitable Boy
4th April 2014, 8:28 PM
Maybe the Kalosians fought a war against the Unovans 300 years ago, and seized the statues as prizes?

That, or there are species of Zekrom and Reshiram that exist outside of Unova...

UnitRico
4th April 2014, 8:32 PM
Well, didn't Reshiram and Zekrom travel the world with their respective partners after they split up or something? Surely they would've been spotted in other places, then. I didn't play much of the fifth gen games, but didn't Reshiram and Zekrom stand for ideals and morals or something? Surely, they would've shown up in one of the wars that would've been waged around Kalos (assuming its history is kinda like France's).

dirkac
4th April 2014, 8:35 PM
Well, didn't Reshiram and Zekrom travel the world with their respective partners after they split up or something? Surely they would've been spotted in other places, then. I didn't play much of the fifth gen games, but didn't Reshiram and Zekrom stand for ideals and morals or something? Surely, they would've shown up in one of the wars that would've been waged around Kalos (assuming its history is kinda like France's).

They represented Truths and Ideals respectively.

Also, the Mega Lucario man from Unova may have simply erected the statues there from his memory, and eventually ended up in Parfum Palace.

Excitable Boy
4th April 2014, 8:35 PM
Well, didn't Reshiram and Zekrom travel the world with their respective partners after they split up or something?

After they split and destroyed Unova, they reverted back into Stone form and weren't awakened until the events of BW.

The statues are likely as old as Reshiram and Zekrom themselves, if only because no one had seen them since they split from the Original Dragon.

Endolise
5th April 2014, 1:09 AM
Excitable Boy your signature has me stuck and unable to turn away.

no

I think the reason why Unova had some sort of prominence was because the world's first Mega Evolution happened on an Unovian person's Lucario that happened to travel to Kalos.
Hence the Mega-Lucario statue in the Tower of Mastery.

They represented Truths and Ideals respectively.

Also, the Mega Lucario man from Unova may have simply erected the statues there from his memory, and eventually ended up in Parfum Palace.

Was he from Unova? I like that idea, but was the man's homeland confirmed somewhere?

dirkac
5th April 2014, 1:15 AM
Was he from Unova? I like that idea, but was the man's homeland confirmed somewhere?

It was confirmed around the Mega Evolution Arc (meaning from Geosense to Tower of Mastery) in XY by I think one of the NPCs in the Tower of Mastery.

UnitRico
5th April 2014, 1:19 AM
After they split and destroyed Unova, they reverted back into Stone form and weren't awakened until the events of BW.

The statues are likely as old as Reshiram and Zekrom themselves, if only because no one had seen them since they split from the Original Dragon.

Ah, right. In that case, I'd say either someone traveled with stories from Unova to Kalos, or more likely, it's simply an oversight from Game Freak themselves.

Endolise
5th April 2014, 7:51 AM
It was confirmed around the Mega Evolution Arc (meaning from Geosense to Tower of Mastery) in XY by I think one of the NPCs in the Tower of Mastery.

I went to check that, but nobody said anything about where he came from. There wasn't even a vague implication of his homeland being Unova. They just said that he came to Kalos a long, long time ago. *shrug*

IrieFuse
5th April 2014, 8:51 AM
I was thinking what if the sequel game or 3rd installment includes some off-the-map mini region basically like the battle zone in sinnoh that u get access to via the railroad in couriway town? my theory also stems from the fact that some npc in game mentions we will be seeing his home region very soon and that it isn't kanto johto hoenn sinnoh or unova. what an odd thing to say.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving
6th April 2014, 11:44 PM
I hope that is the case as my first game was Emerald.

With the Chamber of Emptiness I think it'll be like the Scorched Slab in RSE it was there but only to get Sunny Day.

My theory is that the Lumiose Ghost Girl I think that she went to get help for the boy at that train station and the girl in Hotel Richesseme (sorry about the spelling) the usual place is the second floor of the building and the girl in Hotel Richesseme thought that that was the usual place.

LLR
7th April 2014, 8:14 AM
Going to add some of my own speculation. Sorry if any is inaccurate, I try my best, but sometimes I make mistakes!

To start off, throughout Kalos, they talk about that war with AZ. How did AZ even grow to be that tall and keep is identity a secret for so long? AZ was one of the most mysterious characters, I believe his past should of been explained a bit earlier in the game. He is a king that built a machine to revive a Pokemon. The game should had you collect maybe some of AZ's journal entries and you had to put the pieces together in the end. That would of been cool. Well, I got off topic a bit there. Back on topic, AZ's machine was almost launched again at the end of the game. What if it was shot out again? How would that affect Kalos?

Next thing I want to address is the war. I hope that GF mentions this war in there next game and then give us some more backround about it. I am super curious about the whole war. Who won? Why were they fighting? How brutal did it get? This interests me the most.

More speculation coming soon! :3

The research material in Lysandre lab, the room where you find the rare candy says:

The war was started because of disparity between the have and have nots. AZ had made Kalos wealthy.
It says that the war became so brutal that AZ was forced to send his own pokemon into the fight.
It says that AZ younger brother, Lysandre's forefather, led a greedy group of people who wanted to seize Kalos (was the war a civil war?)
It also says the Lysandre's forefather buried the ultimate weapon and passed the info to his children before he died.

Endolise
7th April 2014, 8:26 AM
The research material in Lysandre lab, the room where you find the rare candy says:

The war was started because of disparity between the have and have nots. AZ had made Kalos wealthy.
It says that the war became so brutal that AZ was forced to send his own pokemon into the fight.
It says that AZ younger brother, Lysandre's forefather, led a greedy group of people who wanted to seize Kalos (was the war a civil war?)
It also says the Lysandre's forefather buried the ultimate weapon and passed the info to his children before he died.

And we know from Masuda that:

- "The war was a clash between two different countries." (So that's a "no" on the civil war thing.)
- "People treated Pokémon with special powers as mere tools in their conflict. They gathered lots of Pokémon and Pokémon with unique powers. This long conflict was drawn out and many lives were lost. In order to emerge victorious, the soldiers believed that they needed even more powerful Pokémon."
- "AZ loved his Pokémon, which he had received from his late mother, but it was forcefully taken from him by the soldiers. His Pokémon ended up becoming just another sacrifice in the war."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/02/14/afterwords-unabridged-pokemon-x-and-y.aspx?PostPageIndex=1

Taodragon
7th April 2014, 8:42 AM
Ah, right. In that case, I'd say either someone traveled with stories from Unova to Kalos, or more likely, it's simply an oversight from Game Freak themselves.

I think your first interpretation could be correct. Considering the impression they left (they did raze the region to the ground), they probably did leave a lot of stories or even murals behind them. It wouldn't be that hard for someone to bring them over to Kalos and they designed the statues from them.

Either way, it's a nice nod to those games.

Hexin' Wishes
8th April 2014, 12:41 AM
I have another one!

Why is Celebi in a Luxury ball? *cue dramatic music*

Just kidding, but seriously, why is it not in a cherish ball?

LucarioIsMegaEvolving
8th April 2014, 1:10 AM
I have another one!

What do you mean Celebi in a Luxury Ball?

BCVM22
8th April 2014, 1:20 AM
I have another one!

Because the Cherish Ball's description specifically states that it's "specially crafted to commemorate an occasion of some sort." Bank and other side game-based event Pokémon don't qualify.

Hexin' Wishes
8th April 2014, 1:38 AM
What do you mean Celebi in a Luxury Ball?

The Pokémon Bank Celebi comes in a Luxury Ball.

Because the Cherish Ball's description specifically states that it's "specially crafted to commemorate an occasion of some sort." Bank and other side game-based event Pokémon don't qualify.

Ahhh, that actually makes sense as to why it's not in the Cherish ball. They should have revived the GS ball just for this. :P

LucarioIsMegaEvolving
9th April 2014, 1:56 AM
The Pokémon Bank Celebi comes in a Luxury Ball.

Oh. I don't have Pokémon Bank.

They should have revived the GS ball just for this. :P

That would've been good.

ShachonianX
10th April 2014, 2:00 AM
One mystery you forgot to add were the mentions of unheard of places and regions (person who talks about a backwards waterfall, guy who says he is from an entirely new region and gives you a souvenir). tHere also mentions of the surrounding regions near Kalos.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving
10th April 2014, 7:44 AM
The backwards waterfall is assumed by most people to be in the Distortion World.

Endolise
10th April 2014, 8:09 AM
The backwards waterfall is assumed by most people to be in the Distortion World.

However, the man says that the reverse waterfall is somewhere in *this* world, which the Distortion World is not a part of. The Distortion World is a separate world in a parallel universe.

Hero of Truth
10th April 2014, 2:41 PM
Plus there's no chance people know of the Distortion World (aside several NPCs from Platinum), so knowing of a waterfall in that world is very... impossible.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving
12th April 2014, 6:55 AM
Plus there's no chance people know of the Distortion World (aside several NPCs from Platinum), so knowing of a waterfall in that world is very... impossible.

I'm just repeating what i saw in a video.

dirkac
12th April 2014, 12:15 PM
I'm just repeating what i saw in a video.

Unless that tourist is secretly Cynthia again I don't see how anybody would be able to know about it.

Also backwards waterfalls are a natural phenomenon so not too Farfetch'd to appear in a game one day.

And the one in the Distortion World isn't a waterfall as it does not need the HM nor is it backwards as the water falls downward, and down is considered to be, well, going deeper in the Distortion World as is evident by Cynthia, Cyrus, and Giratina.

fitzy909
12th April 2014, 6:54 PM
Unless that tourist is secretly Cynthia again I don't see how anybody would be able to know about it.

Also backwards waterfalls are a natural phenomenon so not too Farfetch'd to appear in a game one day.

And the one in the Distortion World isn't a waterfall as it does not need the HM nor is it backwards as the water falls downward, and down is considered to be, well, going deeper in the Distortion World as is evident by Cynthia, Cyrus, and Giratina.

I agree. Those were technically not waterfalls, but i have to ask where do backwards waterfalls occur.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving
14th April 2014, 10:48 AM
What's really bothering me is the Lumiose Ghost Girl.
I think there's more to her than the Rotom Rare Candy, which I've never seen any proof in a video anyway.

Hero of Truth
14th April 2014, 5:16 PM
What's really bothering me is the Lumiose Ghost Girl.
I think there's more to her than the Rotom Rare Candy, which I've never seen any proof in a video anyway.

What is this Rotom Rare Candy?

Treasurepanda
14th April 2014, 6:33 PM
What is this Rotom Rare Candy?

I think when you bring rotom into the room shes in you get a rare candy, but ive never tried it.

Hero of Truth
14th April 2014, 6:40 PM
I just tried the Rotom Rare Candy trick. Nothing at all.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving
14th April 2014, 11:03 PM
I just tried the Rotom Rare Candy trick. Nothing at all.

Its supposed to only work on Tuesdays and 9:00 P.M.

Emily101
14th April 2014, 11:17 PM
Its supposed to only work on Tuesdays and 9:00 P.M.

It doesn't work. There is no connection with Rotom and she doesn't give rare candies. I have tried this and other stuff many times.

Has everyone seen the stats for AZ's Floette? It is called Floette Eternal Flower form. Florges' base stats are 552, the Eternal Flower Floette has base stats of 551 with better speed and special attack, with less defense and HP but still has good but lower sp def. I thought it was interesting that it is much stronger than other Floette.

Bolt the Cat
14th April 2014, 11:26 PM
Has everyone seen the stats for AZ's Floette? It is called Floette Eternal Flower form. Florges' base stats are 552, the Eternal Flower Floette has base stats of 551 with better speed and special attack, with less defense and HP but still has good but lower sp def. I thought it was interesting that it is much stronger than other Floette.

It is, but not entirely unsurprising, you'd expect a Pokemon exposed to the Ultimate Weapon to be stronger than usual. What I find more interesting is that Eternal Flower's BST are exactly one point lower than Florges, emphasizing that it's only barely below a normal Florges (I'm also glad that they did that because Eternal Flower Floette will most likely be unable to evolve, much like Spiky Eared Pichu).

hydrosharp_98
15th April 2014, 1:02 PM
This is completely off topic to the current conversation, but relevant I think to the thread.

The Chamber of Emptiness has nothing in (apart from I believe a Mega Stone?), and is quite literally empty. I've seen people talk about the possibility of it being linked to Diancie, which may well be correct. But perhaps it's linked to Zygarde? The reason I suggest this is because of the name - "Chamber of Emptiness". "emptiness" suggests a lack of, or total loss of, something; an empty feeling. This may sound Farfetch'd, but could this be linked to a very low BST total for Zygarde? I mean, it has a base stat total of 600; off the top of my head, that is equal to a pseudo-legendary, 80 lower than a "normal" fully strengthened legendary (Mewtwo, Groudon, etc), and 60 low than Kyurem whilst it is in the ABSENCE of Zekrom or Reshiram. Perhaps "emptiness" could somehow be linked to Zygarde? On the other hand, "Chamber", a space used to confine someone or something, could somehow link to the Order Pokemon status of Zygarde.

These are just ideas I'm proposing, nothing more, so don't hate!

Rakurai
15th April 2014, 2:11 PM
Zygarde is getting a new form in whatever third game they release for the sixth gen. The fact that that its two new signature moves were datamined and put in the Attackdex says it all.

In any case, all of the game's mysteries are going to be resolved in the coming days, now that all of its data has already been dumped into a readable format by hackers and they're in the process of picking through it.

BCVM22
15th April 2014, 5:31 PM
In any case, all of the game's mysteries are going to be resolved in the coming days

Not necessarily. That the game has been datamined means just that. It doesn't mean that any remaining mysteries suddenly solve themselves. Case in point, we know Zygarde has two attacks that it can't learn right now. What does that mean? We can guess, and guess well, but we won't be sure until the eventual next Kalos game(s).

Point being, we'll be given much of the information we're missing as far as certain secrets, but we lack the proper perspective at this point in time to necessarily know what all of it means straightaway. Like when Black/White were dumped, we knew that something was up with Kyurem, but mining the data certainly didn't - couldn't - tell us that Black 2/White 2 would come with two new formes for it via the method that they did.

Hero of Truth
15th April 2014, 6:02 PM
Well, with Volcanion now be surely connected to the mountains near Couriway Town (and that includes its unusable train station), the Chamber of Emptiness may have something to do with Hoopa. It may be the secret place where it stores whatever it picks.

Bolt the Cat
15th April 2014, 6:10 PM
I'm guessing as far as Zygarde's new forms, they're going to do the same thing they did in BW2, add on to Terminus Cave with a new area connected to his new forms.

Aonshinzo
15th April 2014, 8:04 PM
Well, with Volcanion now be surely connected to the mountains near Couriway Town (and that includes its unusable train station), the Chamber of Emptiness may have something to do with Hoopa. It may be the secret place where it stores whatever it picks.

I'm still sold on Volcanion being linked to the powerplant. There's even one with visible steam geysers and a door leading to it.

IrieFuse
15th April 2014, 8:36 PM
I'm still stuck on the strange souvenir. like is it really an item hinting at a legendary from gen VII and nothing else? or is there nothing more?

Firebrand
15th April 2014, 8:44 PM

Like the poster above me said, we've got a pretty tangible link between Volcanion and the Power Plant. Also, I get the sense that the Chamber of Emptiness is just like the Scorched Slab from RSE. It's got an affinity for ghost type things in much the same way the Scorched Slab has an affinity with sunlight. The TM for Sunny Day or Shadow Ball is found there (and in XY's case, the Banettite), and that's about it. It's a place on the map, but only for those reasons. If it was wear Hoopa stored things, it wouldn't exactly be a Chamber of Emptiness anyway.

And I think the train station is just an aesthetic thing, much like the boats in Coumarine City are.

Hero of Truth
15th April 2014, 9:04 PM
Like the poster above me said, we've got a pretty tangible link between Volcanion and the Power Plant. Also, I get the sense that the Chamber of Emptiness is just like the Scorched Slab from RSE. It's got an affinity for ghost type things in much the same way the Scorched Slab has an affinity with sunlight. The TM for Sunny Day or Shadow Ball is found there (and in XY's case, the Banettite), and that's about it. It's a place on the map, but only for those reasons. If it was wear Hoopa stored things, it wouldn't exactly be a Chamber of Emptiness anyway.

And I think the train station is just an aesthetic thing, much like the boats in Coumarine City are.

If you read Volcanion's Y dex data, it says that it can be found in a mountain. Also, the Lumiose Press' Head went to the mountains to search for a Mythical Pokemon. There's also the railway in Couriway that leads there. To the mountains! I think that Game Freak is trolling us with the steam power of Volcanion, with us thinking it is related to the Power Plant, which actually isn't.

hydrosharp_98
15th April 2014, 9:16 PM
If you read Volcanion's Y dex data, it says that it can be found in a mountain. Also, the Lumiose Press' Head went to the mountains to search for a Mythical Pokemon. There's also the railway in Couriway that leads there. To the mountains! I think that Game Freak is trolling us with the steam power of Volcanion, with us thinking it is related to the Power Plant, which actually isn't.

I believe the term Mythical Pokémon refers directly to event Pokémon, if I remember correctly, so that may be what the Editor-in-Chief was hinting at. Also, I don't know if you meant this, but the "steam power" of Volcanion could be a reference to the transport required to get there [to the mountains] - the Couriway Train, from the mysterious station.

Firebrand
15th April 2014, 9:17 PM

This has been discussed in the past. A few pages ago I think. It seems far more likely that the pokemon being referred to in the Lumiose Press is Zygarde, who does live in the mountains there. There's an NPC in one of the plazas that mentions a magma pokemon at the power plant, and that seems far more likely to point to Volcanion. GF has never really been into the whole subtle bait and switch thing.

I believe the term Mythical Pokémon refers directly to event Pokémon, if I remember correctly, so that may be what the Editor-in-Chief was hinting at. Also, I don't know if you meant this, but the "steam power" of Volcanion could be a reference to the transport required to get there [to the mountains] - the Couriway Train, from the mysterious station.

Not quite. I've pointed this out before too. Since Gen V, all of what the fandom calls "legendary" pokemon have been called "mythical" in game and in promotional material. Victini, Meloetta, et all were all called Mythical Pokemon, but so too were Reshiram, Zekrom, the Kamis and the Muskedeers.

hydrosharp_98
15th April 2014, 9:34 PM
That's a good point, though in this case I only see it being linked to an event exclusive Pokémon. If it were connected to Zygarde, I believe the Editor-in-Chief would have, or should have, returned to Lumiose after the player's encounter with the legendary Pokémon. I don't believe I met anyone on the way to Zygarde who appeared to be of the Lumiouse Press, let alone the Editor-in-Chief, which is why I think it may refer to another Pokémon, and another mountain.

Firebrand
15th April 2014, 9:58 PM
That's a good point, though in this case I only see it being linked to an event exclusive Pokémon.

Pretty sure I've seen Yvetal referred to as "mythical" in promotional stuff. And it's only a matter of time until the Diance movie gets localized and I can rest my case.

If it were connected to Zygarde, I believe the Editor-in-Chief would have, or should have, returned to Lumiose after the player's encounter with the legendary Pokémon. I don't believe I met anyone on the way to Zygarde who appeared to be of the Lumiouse Press, let alone the Editor-in-Chief, which is why I think it may refer to another Pokémon, and another mountain.

Or they got lost (or killed) along the way. Terminus Cave is a winding road, hard to navigate with plenty of "strong" pokemon. I am reasonably sure that when they said they were going to seek out a strong pokemon in the mountains, it was Zygarde, and that particular plot will be further fleshed out in a later game, much like the idea of Reshiram and Zekrom was a part of a larger whole was fleshed out in BW2 and Rayquaza as a great equalizer (and Sky Pillar itself) was fleshed out in Emerald.

hydrosharp_98
15th April 2014, 10:10 PM
Firebrand;17096649]Pretty sure I've seen Yvetal referred to as "mythical" in promotional stuff. And it's only a matter of time until the Diance movie gets localized and I can rest my case.[/QUOTE]

I never disagreed with your statement about Mythical Pokémon; I just stated my belief that, in this case, it seems unlikely that Zygarde is the Mythical Pokémon that the Editor-in-Chief was searching for. I also don't see Terminus Cave as an area where the storyline could reach a climax. Though, thinking about it, the Order Pokémon may have balanced the books when Lysandre supposedly died, and took the Editor-in-Chief?

Excitable Boy
15th April 2014, 11:42 PM
There's an NPC in one of the plazas that mentions a magma pokemon at the power plant, and that seems far more likely to point to Volcanion. GF has never really been into the whole subtle bait and switch thing.

The NPC mimicking Pokemon sounds in Jaune Plaza mentions that it sounds like a Lava Dome Pokemon (that would be Heatran) is there. Neither Volcanion nor the Power Plant are mentioned.

Though, thinking about it, the Order Pokémon may have balanced the books when Lysandre supposedly died, and took the Editor-in-Chief?

Zygarde is an accountant now?

Endolise
16th April 2014, 12:42 AM
This has been discussed in the past. A few pages ago I think. It seems far more likely that the pokemon being referred to in the Lumiose Press is Zygarde, who does live in the mountains there.

Well, strictly speaking, Zygarde lives deep within a cave, not just in the mountains.

Not quite. I've pointed this out before too. Since Gen V, all of what the fandom calls "legendary" pokemon have been called "mythical" in game and in promotional material. Victini, Meloetta, et all were all called Mythical Pokemon, but so too were Reshiram, Zekrom, the Kamis and the Muskedeers.

I'm trying to find evidence to support that claim, but I'm coming up with nothing. The official website is very consistent with how it describes these Pokémon; for instance, Diancie is denoted as a "Mythical Pokémon," whereas the in-game Legendary Pokémon are just called "Legendary Pokémon."

Searching through the quotes from the other major players in Gen V reveals that they too consistently use the term "Legendary Pokémon" to refer to in-game Legendary Pokémon, whereas the only instance of the term "Mythical Pokémon" that I have found so far comes from Juniper, in reference to Victini (an event Pokémon).

Gen IV indeed shows the use of the term "mythical Pokémon" to refer to in-game Legendary Pokémon, however, according to Bulbapedia...

- "While most Pokémon in this group are referred to as simply "Legendary", there exist two other groups that can be considered subsets of Legendary Pokémon. The first, Mythical Pokémon (Japanese: 幻のポケモン Illusory Pokémon), refer to Pokémon seen so rarely that some question their very existence; most event Pokémon fall into this category. The second, 神話のポケモン mythical Pokémon, lacks an official English name and refers to the specific Pokémon which are spoken of as the creators of the Sinnoh region."

... these instances appear to be mistranslations of a third term for the Pokémon that were supposedly involved in Sinnoh's creation. Event/Mythical Pokémon would be more properly translated as "Illusory Pokémon," which makes sense due to their manufactured-via-promotional-distribution rarity.

So the "Mythical Pokémon" that the Editor-in-Chief went to find seems quite likely to be an event Pokémon, the location of which happily aligns with the location of a known Gen VI event Pokémon (Volcanion).

Bolt the Cat
16th April 2014, 1:22 AM
I also don't see Terminus Cave as an area where the storyline could reach a climax.

If they do the same thing they did in BW2, it can be. Instead of facing off against Zygarde in the X shaped cave area, they could have a new area of the cave past that room. IIRC, they said something about a giant tree connected to Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde, maybe that could be where it is.

Zygarde is an accountant now?

Yes.

He even helped me file my taxes this year.

Dragonair7
16th April 2014, 1:33 AM
I'm guessing as far as Zygarde's new forms, they're going to do the same thing they did in BW2, add on to Terminus Cave with a new area connected to his new forms.

I am pretty positive Zygarde will get two Mega forms, one to counteract Xerneas and one to counteract Yveltal. The new moves that have been revealed really point to this fact. I wouldn't be suprised if Lysandre survived and is the one to utilize Zygarde's Mega. It would also be a great way to further showcase Mega Evolution in the plotline.