PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Dance Tournament

Wego
3rd March 2015, 7:38 PM
The Mystic Club presents: the Dragon Dance Tournament

a WIFI ΩRαS Tournament

http://i.imgur.com/bnNdhBd.png

Tournament Banner sponsored by The Under (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?583091-The-Under)

In commemoration of the Mystics Club's added Dragon type, the Mystics Club is hosting a welcoming tournament for everyone who enjoys using any of the 5 Mystics types:

Dark, Fairy, Ghost, Psychic, and Dragon

The Dragon Dance Tournament will take place over a period of 5 days, Saturday (March 14th) beginning at 8am EST until Wednesday (March 18th) until 11pm EST. If you are interested in joining, please read the rules below and simply indicate your participation in this thread. Signed in participants and Battle Results are updated on our

Tournament Match-up Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13zS3KY9357I8HjnZ8lkIQSGInhNRfRB-n9pU5fwc5FM/edit#gid=325316114)

Questions? Ask our Tournament Overseers (Wego & Cryůel), or any participating members!

For the Dragon Dance Tournament, the rules will be the following:

Tournament format: Singles, Normal Rules (6vs6)
In your team, you must use three Pokémon of one Mystics type. For example, you could pick 3 Dragon Pokémon.
For the remaining three team members, you must use one Pokémon each from any of the other Mystic types. For example, you could pick 1 Psychic, 1 Dark, and 1 Fairy Pokémon.
Dual types are permitted, as long as the 3+1+1+1 ration is maintained. A legal team could be: Dragonite (Dragon), Flygon (Dragon), Mega Charizard X (Dragon), Gardevoir (Psychic), Umbreon (Dark), and Sylveon (Fairy).
Mega evolutions are permitted, as long as they belong to one of the 5 Mystics types.
The tournament follows Smogon OU rules (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/tags/ou) (click on link to see banned Pokémon, items, moves, etc.)
Not more than 1 Legendary allowed per participant
Players are responsible for finding people to battle on their own for each round.
There will be 5 Rounds in this tournament, so in order to be eligible for the prizes you must battle 5 people. You cannot battle the same person twice.
If you have finished all of your rounds, but there are players who are missing opponents, you may battle that person so that they can complete their round. The result of the battle will not affect YOUR score, but will count towards the opponent's score.

PRIZES

Prize 1:Shiny Umbreon 6IVs
Prize 2:Shiny Espeon 6IVs
Prize 3:Shiny Altaria 6IVs

Random Participation Prizes (given randomly to players who completed their rounds but did not place 1st, 2nd, or 3rd)
Shiny Malamar, Shiny Shuppet, and Shiny Murkrow

Special Battle Result Form for the Tournament
For the Mystic Club Dragon Dance Tournament, participants should use this special Battle Result Form. Ratings should always be constructive and provide opportunities for growth.

Round #, Opponent: [Example: "Round 1, Mr.Y ]
Victor, Score: [Example: "Mr.Y , 2-0"]
Rate your performance: x/10
Rate opponents' performance: x/10
Constructive comments about the match:

Lickilicky.my.Skitty
4th March 2015, 2:27 AM
I might be interested if I knew what the prize was. Interesting concept on the fairy/ghost thing though!

Kitt Geekazaru
4th March 2015, 4:24 AM
This seems interesting, but unfinished. I'm assuming that you're going to add a list of "mystic types"

Wego
4th March 2015, 2:30 PM
This seems interesting, but unfinished. I'm assuming that you're going to add a list of "mystic types"

You guys will be using the following types Dark,Psychic,Ghost,Fairy, and lastly the new type Dragon pokemon with one of these types as a secondary typing are allowed.

cryuel
11th March 2015, 7:14 PM
I might be interested if I knew what the prize was. Interesting concept on the fairy/ghost thing though!

The prizes have been announced. Hope at least one of them is enticing for you~ :)

The set up for the tourney should be complete, so it's 3 out of one Mystic type and 1 each out of other Mystic types.

On that note, I'll be joining and am much looking forward to this tourney!

Burnerv2
12th March 2015, 1:09 PM
I'll join if it isn't too late. Has it started or when will it start?

Wego
12th March 2015, 3:08 PM
I'll join if it isn't too late. Has it started or when will it start?

LEGO!!! The banner is finally done and the tournament will start tomorrow I hope you guys are ready or almost ready for the fun

cryuel
14th March 2015, 1:51 AM
Looking forward to it!! :D I'll be ready to battle tomorrow - PM me @all who want a battle~

LLR
14th March 2015, 5:39 AM
Are there any banned pokémon?
Are there any banned ability item combos?

Cutty
14th March 2015, 7:16 AM
Join. Pm/vm me to set up a battle :)

cryuel
14th March 2015, 11:09 AM
Are there any banned pokémon?
Are there any banned ability item combos?

It's OU rules + sleep clause, so banned abilities include the standard (e.g. Moody) and items as well (Blazikenite, Soul Dew, etc.)

Join. Pm/vm me to set up a battle :)

Added, have fun! :D I'll be battling in about 10 hours time, so PM me also for battles~

Lord Fighting
14th March 2015, 11:53 AM
I'll try this out...
Can battle all day more or less.

3fiddy
14th March 2015, 2:17 PM
I'll join. Pm me when you guys are about to battle. I'm going to start putting my team together now.

Burnerv2
14th March 2015, 2:59 PM
I'll be on from (edit: now) to probably 3pm EST time and all day tomorrow.

cryuel
14th March 2015, 5:14 PM
I'll try this out...
Can battle all day more or less.

I'll join. Pm me when you guys are about to battle. I'm going to start putting my team together now.

Wonderful, added you to our tourney spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13zS3KY9357I8HjnZ8lkIQSGInhNRfRB-n9pU5fwc5FM/edit#gid=325316114). :)

I'm available for battles all day~ PM me to arrange one - really looking forward to seeing all your creative Mystic teams!

Also, in case it wasn't clear because the OP needs to be updated with this, the Mystic types are the following

Dark, Fairy, Ghost, Psychic, Dragon

As such, legal teams consist of 3 Pokemon out of any of these 5 types, plus 1 type each from 3 other Mystic types.

SkyBlue
14th March 2015, 5:54 PM
I'll join! since I'm not too late (cryuel said I could)

um idk if i'm on the spread sheet or not but if I'm not then I'll add it in a sec.

Round 1, Opponent: Cutty
Victor, Score: ColtonL, 4-2 (cutty forfeited)
Rate your performance: 7/10
Rate opponents' performance: 8/10
Constructive comments about the match: I got a little lucky in this match. Flinch happened in the beginning, and my mega managed to be weak enough to not kill his 'mon that had used destiny bond x3 Was a really great match!

Round 2, Opponent: Cryuel
Victor, Score: ColtonL, 1-0
Rate your performance: 4/10
Rate opponents' performance: 10/10
Constructive comments about the match: Very close match, but somehow, some way my poke decided FOR ONCE IN IT'S LIFE to fight through paralysis, and I got the win. Cryuel played far better than me, literally had the match made, and parahax decided to prove me wrong and not occur. GG idk anymore

cryuel
14th March 2015, 6:06 PM
Round 1, Opponent: Burnerv2
Victor, Score: Burnerv2, 2-0
Rate your performance: 7.5/10
Rate opponents' performance: 7/10
Constructive comments about the match: You made some strange plays which threw me off a bit at the beginning of the match. Didn't think I would lose, but a boosted member sealed the deal in the end. Good job!

Round 2, Opponent: ColtonL
Rate your performance: 8.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Colton got confused mid-game it seemed judging from some odd moves and misplayed switches, but in the end Colton pulled through with a Pokemon I could only counter when haxed (at least at that stage of our battle), so.. gg! :)

Round 3, Opponent: Cutty
Victor, Score: Cryůel, 3-0
Rate opponents' performance: 7.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: That was a LONG match. xD An interesting type match-up we had, though thankfully inflicting statuses gave me the advantage in spite of your walls. gg!

Round 4, Opponent: 3fiddy
Victor, Score: Cryůel, 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: That was an exciting match! I wasn't happy to see a certain priority Pokemon on your team given that it's the bane of my team and led me to my demise against Colton. xD Luckily I was able to persevere. gg!

Round 5, Opponent: IIr
Victor, Score: Cryůel, 5-0
Rate opponents' performance: 6.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Your team doesn't seem to have many/any non-attacking moves, at least from what I was able to tell. Try and experiment with Dragon Dance on Tyranitar, or Sword Dance on Crawdaunt, etc. It can be very effective when facing walls.

3fiddy
14th March 2015, 6:39 PM
I'm tryin to test my team ATM then I'll be ready to battle around 1230 central. Gotta make some fc space too

Burnerv2
14th March 2015, 6:44 PM
Round 1, Opponent: Cryuel
Rate opponents' performance: 7.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Thanks! It was a great match! I think I went for the safe moves too much in the open of the game. I'll have to do a bit better with that in the future. Cryuel made solid plays. I like to throw in some strangeness to throw off opponents and it helped a little in the long run. Good game Cyruel o/

Round 2, Opponent: 3fiddy
Rate your performance: 8/10
Constructive comments about the match: Not a lot of reading moves were required for this game. It was a pretty straight forward game and 3fiddy played great. Things turned around at the end when he lost an important mon. Good game 3fiddy o/

Round 3, Opponent: Cutty
Victor, Score: Burnerv2, 4-1
Constructive comments about the match: I definitely got lucky with some status hax I think twice. That made a difference at the beginning. Other than that it was a solid match between us. No crit hax the entire match :V. Good game Cutty o/

Round 4, Opponent: llr
Victor, Score: Burnerv2, 5-0
Constructive comments about the match: Good game llr o/. The match started off well with our first picks and that gave me the tempo throughout the game. And I ended up with a fortunate situation to set up a pokemon that gave llr's team trouble. Definitely a great team that could have caused my team a lot of trouble if llr had access to different movesets.

Posted Round 5 match on Page 2.

3fiddy
14th March 2015, 7:45 PM
Round #, Opponent: Round 1 Opponent Burnerv2
Victor, Score: victor Burnerv , 2-0
Rate opponents' performance: 9/10
Constructive comments about the match: You made a perfect call on the Sucker Punch. I was looking wow and paid the price. I think that was the turning point. The late game sweeper I had no answer for.

Round #2 Opponent : Cryuel
Victor Cryuel 2-0
My Performance: 7/10
Opponents 9/10
Constructive Comments : GG. I took a nap after this battle Hazy

Round #3 Opponent LLR
victor 3fiddy 2-0 3-0
My Performance 8/10
Opponents 7/10
Constructive Comments : For LLR s first 6th Gen battle the skill was good. I would just look for some more move sets.

Round # 4 Opponent : Cutty
Victor Cutty 6-0
My Performance: 4/10
Opponents 9/10
Constructive Comments : I started off bad and it continued to go down hill from there. Cutty dispatched my team with little resistance. GG :)

Round # 5 opponent Wego
Victor Wego 3-0
My Performance 7/10
Opponents 8/10
Constructive Comments : Kelfki had all the right keys today. No answer for it.

Kitt Geekazaru
14th March 2015, 8:28 PM
Signing in.
I just realized I have no idea if this is wifi or PS.

cryuel
14th March 2015, 8:29 PM
Signing in.
I just realized I have no idea if this is wifi or PS.

It says right at the top, but yes it's a Wifi Tourney. :)
Good luck and have fun!!

Cutty
14th March 2015, 9:05 PM
Round 1, Opponent: Colton
Constructive comments about the match: Well, I tried to set up n everything. But Colton was better. Gg :)

Victor, Score: Cryuel, 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: One man's poison another woman's happy potion? Is that the expression. Gg :)

Round 3,:Opponent: Burner
Victor, Score: Burner, 4-1(cutty forfeited)
Constructive comments about the match: Figured M Metagross would be used but lost focused n strategy on my part in mid-game. Still gg :)

Round 4: 3fiddy
Victor, Score: Cutty 6- 0
Constructive comments about the match: I was actually kinda scared seeing Dendenne thinking what kind of foul strategy I'll be facing. Lucky hax n your key attackers didnt set up sealed my victory. Gg :)

Round 5, Opponent: llr
Victor, Score: Cutty 6-0
Constructive comments about the match: Got lucky w/ the set up my main attacker that practically the bane of her team + fastest. Gg :)

DOONNNNNNNNE. Cant believe I can complete it n not totally sucked xD

LLR
15th March 2015, 1:24 AM
Round 1: 3fiddy
Victor, Score: 3fiddy 2- 0 (Pokémon 4-0, 3-0)
Constructive comments about the match: I feel like I don't know enough to say anything helpful. I learned how some moves that I didn't get in game could be used effectively. Thank you.

Round 2: Burnerv2
Victor: Burner 1- 0. (Pokemon 5-0)
Rate opponent's performance: 9/10.
Constructive comments: Thank you for helping learn what works against real people.

Round 3: Cutty
Victor: Cutty1-0 (Pokémon 6 -0)
Rate your performance: 2/10
Rate opponent's performance: 10/10
Constructive comments: Well played.

Round 4: Cryuel
Victor: Cryuel 1-0 (5-0)
Constructive comments: Thanks you for showing me so many of your team members. I learned a lot from them. I know you could of wiped me out quickly.

Round 5: ColtonL
Victor: Colton 6-0
Rate my opponents: 10/10
Constructive comments: Thanks for the help and pointing out one of the areas I could improve on.

I lost all my battles but I have now have 5 new friends and some people to help me learn the competitive side.
Thank you so much!

cryuel
15th March 2015, 11:03 AM
hey everyone~
I know the Tourney continues up until Wednesday, but this will be my last day of being able to participate. I'm missing one more battle and am glad to help out others if they're missing battles, so if you see me online, just PM/VM me~ :)

Good luck to everyone else! I hope you've been having as much fun as I have seeing a variety of Mystics teams~ :3

Cutty
15th March 2015, 2:57 PM
This is also my last day for participation. I'll be online for a few hours. So if you still need an opponent to battle just vm/pm me.

Done. I complete all 5 rounds. Good luck to all still participating :)

3fiddy
15th March 2015, 3:44 PM
hey everyone~
I know the Tourney continues up until Wednesday, but this will be my last day of being able to participate. I'm missing one more battle and am glad to help out others if they're missing battles, so if you see me online, just PM/VM me~ :)

Good luck to everyone else! I hope you've been having as much fun as I have seeing a variety of Mystics teams~ :3

I really like playing with Themed teams. Enjoy seeing every one else's. If we could only get a Showdown like Preview before the battles :)

cryuel
15th March 2015, 5:37 PM
I really like playing with Themed teams. Enjoy seeing every one else's. If we could only get a Showdown like Preview before the battles :)

That's actually a GREAT idea! For future tournaments we might post some Showdown preview battles, do give people a sense for the battles. Thanks for the tip! :)

LLR
15th March 2015, 6:21 PM
I need one more battle but because I can be available later in the week for the folks that haven't had a chance, I'll wait for them.

Burnerv2
15th March 2015, 8:18 PM
That's all my rounds for the tournament. If anyone still needs people to battle, just lemme know. It won't count towards my score, but it'd count towards your score.

Round 5, Opponent: Lord Fighting
Victor, Score: Burnerv2, 5-0
Rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Constructive comments about the match: Good game Lord Fighting o/ There was one parahax that definitely made a difference in the game. I think I need to brush up on certain pokes, because I had no idea that one pokemon could use several of the moves it had. Other than that, I was able to set up and take the match.

Round X, Opponent: Colton (For his records)
Victor, Score: Colton, 1-0
Rate your performance: 1/10
Constructive comments about the match: It was a good game and a tough loss to take. Good game Colton o/.

Kitt Geekazaru
15th March 2015, 8:39 PM
I need all five of my rounds for this tournament, being that my team was only just compiled. Please PM me if you need any additional wins.

SkyBlue
15th March 2015, 9:00 PM
I'll join! since I'm not too late (cryuel said I could)

um idk if i'm on the spread sheet or not but if I'm not then I'll add it in a sec.

Round 1, Opponent: Cutty
Constructive comments about the match: I got a little lucky in this match. Flinch happened in the beginning, and my mega managed to be weak enough to not kill his 'mon that had used destiny bond x3 Was a really great match!

Rate opponents' performance: 10/10
Constructive comments about the match: Very close match, but somehow, some way my poke decided FOR ONCE IN IT'S LIFE to fight through paralysis, and I got the win. Cryuel played far better than me, literally had the match made, and parahax decided to prove me wrong and not occur. GG idk anymore

to add onto this

Round 3, Opponent: Lord Fighting
Victor, Score: ColtonL, 5-4 (He disconnected, and idk why, but gonna go ahead and post this because I think he went offline on serebii too.)
Constructive comments about the match: not much to say lol. Was going well then the disconnect happened.

Round 4, Opponent: llr
Victor, Score: ColtonL, 6-0
Constructive comments about the match: GG! like llr's team a lot!

Round 5, Opponent: Burner
Victor, Score: Colton, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: Was such an intense game x.x GG!

welp that's all my five, good luck to all that still have their battles!

cryuel
15th March 2015, 10:00 PM
I need all five of my rounds for this tournament, being that my team was only just compiled. Please PM me if you need any additional wins.

There are quite a few people on, so just PM/VM them. :) I'd be glad to help you as well.

Wego
16th March 2015, 3:31 PM
I am so happy the tournament is going so well it is only two more days until the tournament to end I will try to find time to battle a few of you personally before it is all said and done.

Lord Fighting
16th March 2015, 8:22 PM
Still need 3 battles, message me if you're available to battle.

LLR
17th March 2015, 12:53 AM
Hey I've finished my 5 battles but if anyone needs an e̶a̶s̶y̶ opponent let me know.
Should be around for several hours.

Edit:
Have a migraine today looking for distraction. If anyone is still needing a battle I'll be around most of the day. (GMT -7)

Wego
18th March 2015, 5:18 PM
I will like to thank all the great people who has took part in our club's tournament the end is pretty much close to ending time can some of you pm me your friend codes if I do not have it so we can battle before the day is over.

Round 1, Opponent: llr
Victor, 3-0
Rate your performance 8/10
Rate opponent 7/10
That was a fun first round I hope the other rounds are just as fun.

Round 2, Opponent: 3fiddy
Victor, 3-0
Rate your performance:8/10
Rate opponent:7/10
The was a fun game I just wished I had time to use my Murkrow

cryuel
19th March 2015, 8:07 AM
The tourney has officially ended, and it seems like a lot of people had very creative teams and a lot of fun (I certainly did)! :) I think most of you will agree with me when I say that we made this tourney for the fun of it, regardless of win or lose.

On behalf of the Mystics Club (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?636197-The-Mystics-Club-Ghost-Fairy-Dark-Psychic-Dragon-Club), thank you so much for participating in our Mystics Dragon Dance Tournament! Wego will have the closing remarks and announce those receiving prizes shortly.

Tournament sponsored by: http://i.imgur.com/PN5Xu6G.png http://i.imgur.com/zPIKg4W.png http://i.imgur.com/P72MPPn.png http://i.imgur.com/1b51Mub.png
http://i.imgur.com/NgQdDj2.png http://i.imgur.com/1nSb17O.png http://i.imgur.com/zvBmT7c.png http://i.imgur.com/3W6gMEN.png

Wego
19th March 2015, 4:20 PM
LEGO!!! this tournament was as amazing for me as it was for you guys I really hope some of you will join our club we a lot of fun activities going on there without any further ado here are the winners :D

1st Place: Burnerv2
2nd Place: ColtonL
3rd Place:Cryuel

Don't worry the ones who did not win you guys are not forgotten we still have the random prizes you guys can still win so cross your fingers :)