PDA

View Full Version : Triple Triad Tourney

cryuel
6th June 2015, 9:54 AM

an ΩRαS Wi-Fi Tournament

http://i.imgur.com/acrMfc7.png

Credit: Thanks to The Under (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?583091-The-Under) for supporting us with the banner!

Pokegyms and the Trinity League proudly present the

TRIPLE TRIAD TOURNEY

--This tournament will take place from Friday, June 12th and will last until Monday, June 22nd. If you would like to participate, please read the tournament rules and info below!

Questions? Read our FAQ in the spoiler below, or ask our Tournament Overseers (Dragontamer44722 & Cry¨el)

Tournament Format: Multilevel Format (http://www.indiana.edu/~r324/tournamenttypes.htm) (no knock-outs)

For this tournament, you must pick one of the following Type Triads and use two members of each type.

Elements Triad (Grass, Fire, Water)
Graviton Triad (Electric, Flying, Ground)
Gorgimera Triad (Poison, Rock, Bug)
Runic Triad (Normal, Ghost, Fighting)
Mystics Triad (Dark, Psychic, Fairy)
Primal Triad (Steel, Dragon, Ice)
Example: Mystics Triad (Absol, Malamar, Metagross, Victini, Gardevoir, Azumarill)

Mega evolutions are permitted, but only if the Mega evolutions covers one of the three types (so Mega Gyarados would no longer count as Flying)
Battle style: Smogon OU Singles (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ou/) under Flat Rules (3vs3 set at Lv 50, no item repetitions), best 2 out of 3
Only up to two non-Uber Legendaries per player may be used
Players are responsible for contacting players to battle. You CANNOT battle the same person twice!
There will be 5 rounds in this tournament, so in order to be eligible for the prizes you must complete all 5 rounds.
Team members may not be exchanged until you have completed your rounds.

In the event that a person has completed their rounds and there are others who have not, then that person CAN battle them as long as they haven't battled them previously. The battle results will only affect the person who hasn't completed their rounds.
The ranking is established by most Round Wins. If there is a tie in Round Wins, "Win points" are compared within the Round Win Tier, so someone who won 1 Round with "Win 2-0" and "Win 1-0" (3 "Win points") would be ranked higher than someone who also won 1 Round but with "Win 1-0" and "Win 1-0" (only 2 "Win points").

Feature Prizes
Prizes may be updated up until the tournament.

Feature Prize 1: Jolly 6IV Decolora Event Jirachi (contact Dragontamer44722)
Feature Prize 2: 5iv Rash Shiny Gamestop Raikou with hp Ice (31/31/31/31/31/30) with Thunderbolt, Aura Sphere, Hidden Power and Weather Ball, Lv50 (contact Dragontamer44722)
Feature Prize 3: 5IV shiny Jolly Buneary (31/31/31/x/31/31) with all Elemental Punches (winner should contact Cry¨el)

Participation Prizes: (5IV PokÚmon and/or shiny trophy PokÚmon. A prize will go to two random persons who completed all their rounds but didn't place 1st, 2nd or 3rd)

Participation Prize 1: nicknameable shiny 3 IV Kyurem (winner should contact Cry¨el)
Participation Prize 2: 3IV shiny Timid Latios (winner should contact Dragontamer)

Q: Do I have to be a registered Challenger of the Pokegyms and/or Trinity League to participate?
A: No, anyone is welcome to join our casual Tournaments - registered Challengers, Gym Leaders, and non-League members alike. The more, the merrier~
Of course, we hope that your interactions and battles with League Members will show you how much fun our Leagues are.

Q: Are Mega evolutions allowed?
A: As long as they are not part of the Uber tier, they are permitted. See the Gen 6 Smogon OU Tier (http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/ou/) to see a list of banned PokÚmon and Items (Megastones).

Q: Do dual-typed PokÚmon count when I choose members for a Triad?
A: Yes, they do! Whether you pick a single-typed or dual-typed PokÚmon, whether the second type is primary or secondary, you may make it count to fit your types for the Triad you have chosen to use.

Q: How many rounds are there, and are there knock-outs?
A: There are 5 rounds in this tournament, though there may be less depending on the number of participants. There are NO knockouts, so each player should be able to battle the same number of times as everyone else. For our tournaments it is one match with best 2 out of 3 rounds.

Q: How long is a round?
A: It depends. Because players are responsible for finding players to battle, some may finish their rounds more quickly than others.

Q: What do I do after the first round?
A: You can update your first "Signing in" post using the Special Battle Result Form (in the OP on p. 1) and continue to use that post to keep track of your battles. It also helps the tournament overseers keep track of the score.

Q: Can I switch out a member of my team, or an item, a move, etc. after the first round?
A: No, you cannot! The team you enter the first round with (moves, items, etc. included) may not be changed until the tournament is over.

Q: What are the prizes?
A: Each tournament features at least 3 prizes, which will be announced in advance before the tournament begins. There featured prizes of which the 1st place winner may choose one from. The 2nd place winner gets the other featured prize, etc. There are also participation prizes which will be randomly distributed amongst the other participants. (only participants who have played all rounds, or all rounds except for one, can be considered for this prize)

Special Battle Result Form for the Tournament
For the Pokegyms & Trinity Leagues Triple Triad Touney, participants should use only this special Battle Result Form. Ratings should always be constructive and provide opportunities for growth.

Round #, Opponent: [Example: "Round 1, Sito"]
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: [Example: "Electric, Flying, Ground"]
Victor, Score: [Example: "Sito , 2-0"]
Rate your performance: x/10
Rate opponents' performance: x/10
Constructive comments about the match:

Marashu
7th June 2015, 1:47 AM
Signing up!

FairyWitch
7th June 2015, 5:22 AM
hey cryuel Ill sign up for this its Singles OU flats ;)

KenKong
7th June 2015, 11:15 AM
Signing up!

Reisuke
7th June 2015, 11:22 AM
Signing up

dragontamer44722
7th June 2015, 4:46 PM
Signing up woot woot :3

Artorius
7th June 2015, 10:39 PM
The CHAMP is here!!
Here to win my 4th tournament!
Sign me up. :)

cryuel
8th June 2015, 12:44 AM
Thanks for signing up everyone so far! :)
Really looking forward to this tourney~

The CHAMP is here!!
Here to win my 4th tournament!
Sign me up. :)

Wait, but you didn't win the last one? ^_^

Sito
8th June 2015, 7:02 AM
Signing up :). Lets hope I do better on this one xD

LeafeonTheVoid
8th June 2015, 10:00 AM
Signing up! :)

Round 1, Opponent: dragontamer
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Runic (Normal, Ghost, Fighting)
Victor, Score: me, 2-0, 1-0
Rate your performance: 8/10
Rate opponents' performance: 8/10
Constructive comments about the match: Well played, GG!

Round 2, Opponent: Heliobreaker
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Primal Triad (Steel, Dragon, Ice)
Victor, Score: me, 0-2, 1-0, 1-0
Rate your performance: 9/10
Rate opponents' performance: 9/10
Constructive comments about the match: Strong offense the entire match! I had to make smart plays to get around his threats, and a lucky crit in one match saved me. GG!

Round 3, Opponent: phantomclaw
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements (Grass, Fire, Water)
Victor, Score: phantomclaw, 0-2, 2-0, 0-1
Rate your performance: 7/10
Constructive comments about the match: Very close! I got lucky on one turn in the second match. Well played, GG.

Round 4, Opponent: flamingmence
Victor, Score: me, 0-3, 1-0, 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: Another back and forth close match! I'm loving this toury so far. GG!

Round 5, Opponent: Wego
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Gorgimera Triad (Poison, Rock, Bug)
Victor, Score: me, 2-0, 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: The second match was really intense! It could've easily gone either way. Nicely played, a great final match!

Artorius
8th June 2015, 2:52 PM
Thanks for signing up everyone so far! :)
Really looking forward to this tourney~

Wait, but you didn't win the last one? ^_^

Lmao, why you doing this to me?
Anyway, go check the last tournament page and see DT post.
Won on points and my name start with A!! haha
you might wona change your name to "Acryuel" to stand a chance. Lmao

DJSummers
8th June 2015, 4:03 PM
Signing up!!!

twinyoshi45
9th June 2015, 3:21 AM
signing up!

phantomclaw
9th June 2015, 4:13 PM
Signing up

Helio Breaker
10th June 2015, 6:35 PM
I'm in, haven't battled in such a long time, it should be fun

Wego
10th June 2015, 7:12 PM
Ok if one of my oldest friends are taking part I can't afford to miss out on this

Burnerv2
10th June 2015, 8:12 PM
Signing in o/ >:V DJ, we're aiming for E3 in the new Trinity League!!! Yahhhhh!

cryuel
10th June 2015, 8:22 PM
I'm in, haven't battled in such a long time, it should be fun

Great to include you in the Tourney, Helio! I'm really looking forward to seeing your Triad Team! :)

Ok if one of my oldest friends are taking part I can't afford to miss out on this

You were intrigued before that because... our Leagues come up with awesome themes!! :D (and because Helio is awesome)

That's right, lots at stake for Trinity Leaders!! :D Our first Elite 3 will be decided after this tourney!
Perhaps Pokegyms can add a competitive edge for their Leaders? Not sure how~ :)

dragontamer44722
10th June 2015, 9:31 PM
We are, I just haven't entirely figured out how to do it. I do have an idea for us though, so we wont' be left out. All I can say is this, the more you win the more you'll get :)

Artorius
10th June 2015, 9:44 PM

Uncle Marashu, check this Runic Vikings out!! Lmao
Competition baby!! I LOVE it!!

DJSummers
11th June 2015, 5:52 AM
Yep, we will be taking victory in this tour Art, so just get out of our way, because we are coming through.

KenKong
11th June 2015, 7:00 AM
What this determines leaders? I'm doing this for fun lol I'm not in good battling shape right now

meliekpi
11th June 2015, 7:39 AM
AHA I bet you didn't expect me to join!

I'll be taking those leader roles. AND IM NOT EVEN IN THE LEAGUE.

cryuel
11th June 2015, 10:21 AM
We are, I just haven't entirely figured out how to do it. I do have an idea for us though, so we wont' be left out. All I can say is this, the more you win the more you'll get :)

Liking it!! :)

What this determines leaders? I'm doing this for fun lol I'm not in good battling shape right now

And that's totally fine; just means more competition for us. :3

Artorius
11th June 2015, 12:06 PM
Yep, we will be taking victory in this tour Art, so just get out of our way, because we are coming through.

You guys are so CUTE, Tell me more please.. Lmao

LynxForte
11th June 2015, 1:57 PM
Its Singles (although 3v3) and I have nothing better to do right now, so I'm in

TheShoveler1887
11th June 2015, 8:43 PM
Signing up for this :) I think I've picked out a triad, too.

Dunkleosteus
11th June 2015, 8:54 PM
sign me up :)

cryuel
11th June 2015, 10:29 PM
Its Singles (although 3v3) and I have nothing better to do right now, so I'm in

Signing up for this :) I think I've picked out a triad, too.

sign me up :)

Added! :) Looking forward to seeing your teams too!
LynxForte, it's great to include you in our Tourney again!

Flamingmence
12th June 2015, 6:26 AM
Am I still able to sign up or is it too late?

PokemonMadness8
12th June 2015, 7:30 AM
Is this a Wifi Tournement or PS

FairyWitch
12th June 2015, 7:32 AM
Is this a Wifi Tournement or PS

Its a wifi tournament and I want to lol with Art and the others about them becoming so serious on the winning XD I find this tournament a fun tournament then winning :p and welp read the rules again I didn't see the no repeat items. I have to thing my team out more careful now ._.

Dunkleosteus
12th June 2015, 3:50 PM
Added! :) Looking forward to seeing your teams too!
LynxForte, it's great to include you in our Tourney again! I will mostly be available during the day more than at night xD but I will try to get all the battles in ^^

dragontamer44722
12th June 2015, 7:56 PM
Signing in but can't battle just yet.

Also, this message applies to all Pokegyms members. With each round you win, you will receive 2 points for our shop, so do your best!

Round #, Opponent: 1, LeafeontheVoid
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Fire, Water, Grass
Victor, Score: Leafeon, 3-0, 1-0
Rate your performance: 0/10
Constructive comments about the match: Two words, I suck xD

Round #, Opponent: 2, Dew
Victor, Score: Dew, 1-0, 2-0
Rate your performance: 4/10
Constructive comments about the match: Five words, I sucked a little less. Guess this is what happens when you toss a team together in the last 5 minutes xD

Round #, Opponent: 3, Artorius
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Psychic, Dark, Fairy
Victor, Score: Artorius, 1-0, 1-0
Rate your performance: 5/10
Constructive comments about the match: The score is really lopsided as he totally owned me in both matches.

edit: I thought we only had to do the one result post for the 2 out of 3s so I only did one. We did do the 2 out of 3, and since Leafeon won both matches I put 2-0. My mistake :p

cryuel
12th June 2015, 10:18 PM
Am I still able to sign up or is it too late?

It most definitely is not too late! :)
I've registered you for now. The tourney is ongoing, so contact participants and get your first battles in~ Good luck! :)

Its a wifi tournament and I want to lol with Art and the others about them becoming so serious on the winning XD I find this tournament a fun tournament then winning :p and welp read the rules again I didn't see the no repeat items. I have to thing my team out more careful now ._.

At the end of it, it's most definitely about having fun! ;)

A few prizes have been updated and also.. TOURNEY START! Good luck everyone~~ :3

LynxForte
12th June 2015, 11:05 PM
Checking in and around for battles. Watching youtube and doing other stuff, but checking PMs

TheShoveler1887
13th June 2015, 2:56 AM
Officially checking in for the tournament. I'll be around tonight. Just message me for a battle and I'll get back to you :p

EDIT: Come at me bros. Available for a while today. If you can't find me in the trinity chat or just don't use the chat, pm me and I'll be ready pretty quickly. Let's have fun :p

Round #1, LynxForte
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Mystics (Psychic, Dark, Fairy)
Victor, Score: Shoveler (Loss 1-0, Win 3-0, Win 1-0)
Constructive comments about the match: I underestimated a mon round one and lost accordingly. I managed to play the first two turns perfectly and thus swept with one of my major power houses. Round 3 was pure luck, honestly. Got a crit and a flinch which let one of my pokemon kill the understimated mon without going down itself. After that it was playing my cards as best I could and hoping he wasn't running SpDef on one of his mons. Really good games, man. I haven't felt this thrilled in a while.

Round #2, Burnerv2
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Normal, Ghost, Fighting
Victor, Score: Burner (Loss 3-0, Win 2-0, Win 1-0)
Constructive comments about the match: Round 1 was a smash. Nothing more to say there. A certain pokemon annoyed the crap out of me Round 2 and I couldn't get past it. Round 3 I only lost to a misplay since I got distracted in the chat. I meant to hit my priority move which would've sealed it since my pokemon in the back outsped but I hit a non-priority move instead :( Good games regardless. I still plan to win this thing >:)

Round #3, cryuel
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Normal, Ghost, Fighting
Victor, Score: Cryuel (Win 0-1, Loss 2-0, Win 0-2)
Rate opponents' performance: 10/10
Constructive comments about the match: It came down to mind games at the end for round three XD Admittedly not carrying rock slide on a certain mon both helped and hindered me since I wouldn't have been able to hit him hard enough. Lots of factors played into this battle. It could've easily been my win with two victories, but gambling and chance play a big part in our battles :p Good games. Hope to see you on the battlefield for the next tournament!

Round #4, dunkleosteus
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements (Fire, Water, Grass)
Victor, Score: Shoveler (Loss 1-0, Win 1-0, Win 1-0)
Constructive comments about the match: I won due to parahax on the last turn of the second match XD Was mainly playing for fun and seeing how dunk's team was. I liked it for what I saw and I'll be helping him get better through this experience :)

Round #5, Marashu
Victor, Score: Shoveler (Win 2-0, Win 2-0)
Constructive comments about the match: Good games. Certain pokemon didn't do you any favors and my lead game 2 sealed that match. I like your team, though, and it legitimately scared the Karp out of me. o.o

cryuel
13th June 2015, 8:14 AM
As a reminder to all participants:

Please keep in mind that battles are Singles under Flat Rules (3vs3 with no item repetition), and that it is BEST 2 out of 3! (@Dragontamer since you already had one battle, make sure to complete the rest of that round)

@Tourney Overseers: I'm indicating all battles on the spreadsheet and have added an extra column - one which displays overall round wins (e.g. 1 round won) and one which displays general match wins (e.g. 2 matches won as part of the 2 out of 3). Just fyi.

Update:
Round 1, Opponent: Dunkleosteus
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements Triad (Grass, Fire, Water)
Victor, Score: Cry¨el Win 2-0, Loss 0-1, Win 2-0
Rate opponents' performance: 7/10
Constructive comments about the match: This was quite an interesting match! Your team isn't as bad as you seem to think it is; good job with your second battle! Have fun with your other matches~

Round 2, Opponent: TheShoveler1887
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Graviton Triad (Electric, Flying, Ground)
Victor, Score: Cry¨el Win 1-0, Loss 0-2, Win 2-1
Rate your performance: 9.5/10
Rate opponents' performance: 9.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Admittedly, the first match was a hax win with a flinch benefiting me. All in all, I think our teams were quite even and it could have gone either way depending on the members we brought and what we opened with - really intense! gg!

Round 3, Opponent: Marashu
Victor, Score: Marashu Loss 0-1, Loss 0-2
Rate your performance: 8.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Those screens really gave you the edge in both battles. Good job!

Round 4, Opponent: Sito
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Graviton (Electric, Flying, Ground)
Victor, Score: Cry¨el Win 1-0, Win 1-0
Rate opponents' performance: 7.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Your team scared me so much from the beginning! You would have had a 50% chance of winning the first match, had you Dragon Danced and then proceeded to attack me. Go Mystique for throwing everyone off~ :3 Great match! Thank you~ :)

Round 5, Opponent: Dew
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements (Grass, Fire, Water)
Victor, Score: Cry¨el Win 3-1, Win 2-0
Rate opponents' performance: 8.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: I was able to use the element of surprise in the first match and set-up on you successfully. In the second I had a feeling you would use the opener you did, but decided to play the same anyways. Mystique saved the day~ ^_^ (btw, if you set-up on my Mystique you would have been able to get rid of her since with +1 yourself my attack wouldn't have ko'ed you)

Extra Battles (not official on my end)
Round X, Opponent: Meliekpi
Victor, Score: Meliekpi, 1-0, 0-2, 0-3
Constructive comments about the match: A nasty triad with nasty members. The first round should have gone to you, and I do have to say that your team has great synergy. Not much that I could have done I think given our respective members. ^^ gg!

Burnerv2
13th June 2015, 8:13 PM
I'm signing in o/

I'll be available for battles for a good portion of the day barring something comes up. PM/VM

Update:
Round 1, Opponent: LynxForte
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Mystic
Victor, Score: Lynx 1-0, 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: Game 1 miss with a burn made a big difference imo for that one (coulda stopped a set up if it hit early), but Game 2 was a beat down. Great match! Good luck in the rest of the tourney!

Round 2, Opponent: Shoveler
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Graviton
Victor, Score: Burnerv2 0-3, 2-0, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: GGs Shoveler. After game 1, I thought I was lion bait. Just a masterful performance that game by Shoveler. Game 2 I adapted and it worked out. Game 3, one crit helped me out to win that one in the middle. Made some early game reads that helped get to that point, but luck is the name of game three for me.

Round 3, Opponent: Helio Breaker
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Steel, Ice, Dragon
Victor, Score: Burnerv2 1-0, 0-0 (Double KO Win)
Constructive comments about the match: This one had a weird finish. A crit I didn't think would matter at the end led to a double KO gave me the win. I checked Smogon to be sure:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-simple-questions-simple-answers-read-the-op-first.3489309/page-335

If induced recoil from an ability (Rough Skin/Iron Barbs/Liquid Ooze/Aftermath, Rocky Helmet) results in a double faint, the winner is the Pokemon with the ability that caused the recoil faint. This means that if you punch a Ferrothorn and Iron Barbs causes a double KO, the Ferro wins.

Again a weird finish to it. The call is yours Cryuel, but I'll take the luck. I rarely get it these days :V

LynxForte
13th June 2015, 9:05 PM
Round #1, Shoveler
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (Electric, Flying, Ground)
Victor, Score: Shoveler (1-0, 0-3, 0-1)
Constructive comments about the match: An unpredictably predictable opponent lol. The 3rd match could've gone either way, but a flinch and para tipped it to him. Good games.

Round #2, Burner
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (Fighting, Ghost, Normal)
Victor, Score: Lynx (2-0, 2-1 ff)
Constructive comments about the match: A speed tie in the second match. I tried to mess with his head in the beginning of the first match, but to no avail. Smart player.

Round #3, Phantomclaw
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (Grass, Fire, Water)
Victor, Score: Lynx, 1-0, 3-0
Rate your performance: 9
Rate opponents' performance: 7
Constructive comments about the match: First battle was really good, was lucky that his last mon wasn't mega. The second, he led with a mon that allowed me to switch into a good matchup and setup. Good luck with the rest of your battles.

Round #4, Wego
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (Poison, Rock, Bug)
Constructive comments about the match: Always a surprise when playing Wego. Good battles.

Dunkleosteus
13th June 2015, 9:52 PM
Update:
Round 1, Opponent: Cryuel
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: runic triad
Victor, Score: Cry¨el Win 2-0, Loss 0-1, Win 2-0
Rate your performance: 6/10
Constructive comments about the match: first round didn't go so bad, i just hope i can win a round before tourneys end xD

Round #2 marashu
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: mystics triad [ psychic, dark, fairy ]
Victor, Score: dunkleosteus 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: that was a fun match that lucky hax I think is what gave me the win gg

Round #3 meleikpi
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: triad [ ground, flying, electric ]
Victor, Score: meleikpi 2-0
Rate your performance: 4/10
Constructive comments about the match: gg :)

Round #4 shoveler
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: triad [ ground, flying, electric ]
Victor, Score: shovelor 2-1
Rate your performance: 2/10
Constructive comments about the match: gg

Round #5 artorius
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: mistics triad [ psychic, dark, fairy ]
Victor, Score: artorius 2-0
Rate your performance: 3/10
Constructive comments about the match: I didn't make necessary switches and let your mon set up to sweep which cost me greatly, gg

Round [extra, does not count towards 5 rounds] phantomclaw
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: elemental triad {fire, water, grass}
Victor, Score: dunkleosteus 2/0
Rate opponents' performance: 6/10
Constructive comments about the match: mega saur is just OP :) gg

Helio Breaker
13th June 2015, 10:14 PM
Round 1, Opponent: Leafeon
Victor, Score: Leafeon, 2-0, 0-1, 0-1
Rate your performance:
Rate opponents' performance:
Constructive comments about the match: My first battle in months and it was really close, I have to admit I did a lot better then I thought I would. Leafeon played very well like I expected him to, thanks for making it a great battle!

Round 2, Opponent: Burnerv2
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Runic Triad (Normal, Ghost, Fighting)
Victor, Score: Burnerv2 0-1, 0-0 (Double KO Win for him)
Rate your performance:
Constructive comments about the match: Another loss for me, still it was really close. Actually I've never battled either of my opponents before so it was really fun.

Round 3, Opponent: phantomclaw
Victor, Score: Helio, 1-0, 1-0
Rate your performance:
Constructive comments about the match: Another really good opponent I've never battled before, good luck on the rest of your battles

Round 4, Opponent: DragonTamer
Victor, Score: DT, 1-0, 2-0
Rate your performance:
Constructive comments about the match: Forgot something before the tournament which would have helped me out here, though you're a lot better then I remember

phantomclaw
13th June 2015, 11:30 PM
Signing in
Round #, Opponent: Round 1, helio Breaker
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Dragon, steel, Ice
Victor, Score: 2-0
Constructive comments about the match:The 1st match was lost because of bad plays made by me, and the 2nd match was lost because of a certain item on one of his mons

Round #, Opponent: lynxForte, round 2
Opponent's Triad: psychic, Dark, fairy
Victor Score: lynx 2-0
Rate your performance/10
Rate opponent's performance: 9/10
Constructive Comments: Ist match was hax, 2nd I let him set up

Round #, Opponent: leafeon
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: [Example: "Electric, Flying, Ground"] Fire, Water Grass
Victor, Score: [Example: "Sito , 2-0"]phantomclaw 2-1
Constructive comments about the match:GG man it was fun

Wego
14th June 2015, 1:10 AM
Round #, Opponent: [Example: "Round 1, LynxForte
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Psychic, Dark, Fairy
Victor, Score: Lynx 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: that was great some of the typing was not in my favor

Round # 2 opponent leafeonthevoid
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: element triad (Fire, Water, Grass)
Victor, Score: leafeon 2-0
That was great i tried my best but i had no luck im facing a lot of water types

Flamingmence
14th June 2015, 2:22 AM
Round # 1 opponent leafeonthevoid
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: element triad (Fire, Water, Grass)
Victor, Score: leafeon 2-1 (2-0, 0-1, 0-2)
Constructive comments about the match: it was a great match and am happy to go against leading again in battle. Leafeon made excellent plays from the beggining and I had a hard time keeping up.

Round # 2 opponent Meliekpie
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (electric, ground, flying)
Victor, Score: meliekpi 2-0 (0-1, 0-3)
Constructive comments about the match: it was a great match and had fun going up against their team but I made many note worthy errors that cost me in the end but overall great match meliekpi.

KenKong
14th June 2015, 6:14 AM
I have lost my DS I've been looking for it for the past few days and can't find it. I am withdrawing from the tourney. Sorry.

meliekpi
14th June 2015, 7:18 AM
Signing in! Feel free to shoot me a VM/PM if you see me on. Think I should be free most of the week.
---

Victor, Score: Meliekpi 1-0, 2-1
Constructive comments about the match: Items caught me a little off guard and first game came down to a matter of spreads essentially. Second game was much more decisive. GG!

Round 2, Opponent: Flamingmence
Victor, Score: Meliekpi, 1-0, 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: Somewhat threatening triad for my team and items catching me off guard again. Preserving their scarfer would have made the first game a lil more difficult if not a loss. GG!

Round 3, Opponent: Dragontamer44722
Victor, Score: Meliekpi, 1-0, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: I had a poke that just clean sweeps her team with a tiny bit of prior damage. Prob could've been a little cleaner than 1-0's but o well. GG's!

Round 4, Opponent: Cryuel
Victor, Score: Meliekpi, 0-2, 2-0, 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: Had to play around Mystique in the last couple of matches to get the wins. Kinda screwed myself the first game by mispredicting hard but s'all good. GG's.

Round 5, Opponent: Dew Watatsumi
Victor, Score: Meliekpi 2-0, 3-2
Constructive comments about the match: Some cool sets in there. Unfortunately I had answers to all his pokes with just 2 of mine. Had a really bad case of hax first turn of the first game but don't think it would have affected the outcome much. GG's!

Marashu
14th June 2015, 4:37 PM
Was torn between two teams. I've finally decided on one. Signing in.

Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Runic
Victor, Score: Marashu Win 1-0, Win 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: Strong team. Could have played better against your mega, but I managed to pull through in the end.

Round 2, Opponent: Dunkleosteus
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements
Victor, Score: Dunkleosteus Loss 0-1, Loss 0-2
Constructive comments about the match: I brought too much support to both matches. In round 1 you lived with like 3hp, but my last mon didn't have an attacking move, so you stalled me out.

Round 3, Opponent: DJSummers
Victor, Score: Marashu Loss 0-1, Win 1-0, Win 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: Intense matches! Each game was really close.

cryuel
14th June 2015, 6:42 PM
I see we've had a 0-0 situation (exciting!). I will amend our tournament rules and state that while the game may have decided it as a "Win" or "Loss" for a player, a 0-0 will count as a Draw for the purposes of our tournament as we do best 2 out of 3 and as we try to estimate "Win Points" for those who are Leaders at Trinity/Pokegyms. In your case, Helio and Burnerv2, you will need to carry out a third round. Should Helio Win, the entire round is considered a Draw.

p.s. I'm up for tourney battles for the time being. :)

Reisuke
14th June 2015, 8:15 PM
Have to drop this, SR'ing cress and couldn't build a team for this

cryuel
14th June 2015, 8:30 PM
Have to drop this, SR'ing cress and couldn't build a team for this

Thanks for letting us know! And good luck SRing Cresselia! It took me ages to find me, so I hope you won't be stuck on that island for too long. :)

DJSummers
14th June 2015, 9:19 PM
Signing In

Round #, Opponent: Round 1, Marashu
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Mystics / Psychic, Dark, Fairy
Victor, Score: Marashu, 1 - 0, 0 - 1, 0 - 2
Constructive comments about the match: First match the Hax had gotten to you. The second match I should have predicted just a bit more, and lastly the third match that Light Screen was too OP.

Sito
15th June 2015, 7:05 AM
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: I forgot xD
Victor, Score: Cry¨el Win 1-0, Win 1-0
Constructive comments about the match:Good game, on the first one, if I had dragon danced, you would have killed me horribly anyway xD. On the second one I lost as soon as you set up. When I was just attacking hoping for a crit, you can see I was desperate :P.

Round #2, Lynx
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (Psychic, dark, fairy)
Victor, Score: Sito (0-2, 0-2)
Constructive comments about the match: Really awesome match, just on the first turn got really lucky to survive with 1 hp xD. Also getting him paralyzed on the same turn I used T-wave was awesome.

Round 3, Opponent: Dew
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: I forgot xD
Victor, Score: Dew Win 2-0, Win 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: The odds werent in my favor T_T

LynxForte
15th June 2015, 1:51 PM
I need 1 more person to battle it anyone is around

Round #5, Sito
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: (Electric, Flying, Ground)
Victor, Score: Sito (0-2, 0-2)
Constructive comments about the match: Had the same matchup issue with Shoveler lol. Good games Sito

phantomclaw
15th June 2015, 8:23 PM
signing in

Round #, Opponent: Round 4, Summer
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Runic Triad
Victor, Score: 1-0,0-0,2-0, phantomclaw wins
Constructive comments about the match:He kept me on my toes the entire time, but one prediction ended up winning me the game

Round #, Opponent: Round 5, Dunkelteous
Opponent's triad: Elemental
Victor score:1-0, 0-3, 0-1 he won
rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comment: mega saur too strong

Artorius
15th June 2015, 8:46 PM
Signing IN!
the Champ is here!!

Victor, Score: Artorius (Champ) Won 2-0 and 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: GG

Round 2, Opponent: DT
Victor, Score: Artorius (Champ) Won 1-0 and 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: GG

Round 2, Opponent: Claw
Victor, Score: Claw Won 2-1 and 2-1
Constructive comments about the match: His team Just Outclass mine.

Round 2, Opponent: Sito
Victor, Score: Artorius (Champ) Won 2-0 and 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: My team Just outclass his..

Round 5, Opponent:
Opponent's Triad/Triad types:
Victor, Score:
Rate your performance: /10
Rate opponents' performance: /10

DJSummers
15th June 2015, 9:38 PM
Round #, Opponent: Round 2, phantomclaw
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements / Grass, Fire, Water
Victor, Score: phantomclaw, 0 - 1, 0 - 0, 0 - 2
Constructive comments about the match: That first match. That second match tie, it just had to happen, there was no other way. That third match was all his after that prediction switch. Good game.

cryuel
15th June 2015, 10:29 PM
I'm signing in o/ If induced recoil from an ability (Rough Skin/Iron Barbs/Liquid Ooze/Aftermath, Rocky Helmet) results in a double faint, the winner is the Pokemon with the ability that caused the recoil faint. This means that if you punch a Ferrothorn and Iron Barbs causes a double KO, the Ferro wins.

Again a weird finish to it. The call is yours Cryuel, but I'll take the luck. I rarely get it these days :V

Hey Burnerv!
I know, these ruling are tricky, and under PokÚmon VGC as well as Smogon Rules, your situation would have had you the winner. However, since we are looking to differentiate challengers based on Win points in the case of a tie, the third round was required and is in fact in your interest.
The rules don't perfectly overlap with Smogon in this case, since Flat Rules also exclude Pokemon like Mew from participating, but we have to improvise to fit both the Smogon format as well as the purposes of our Tourney and Tourney theme. Glad you completed your third round though! :)

To everyone else, good luck! Don't forget to get your battles in by Friday and to post the Battle Results of all your battles.

Dew Watatsumi
16th June 2015, 4:02 AM
Too late to sign up eh?

Round #, Opponent: 1, Dragontamer
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Normal/Ghost/Fighting
Victor, Score: Dew, 1-0, 2-0
Rate opponents' performance: 7.8/10
Constructive comments about the match: Quite a well played match, that Mega did intimidate me a bit....Though I say I was a bit more luckier in the last battle due to hax. Other than that, good matches

Round 2, Opponent: Sito
Victor, Score: Dew Win 2-0, Win 1-0
Rate opponents' performance: 7.5/10
Constructive comments about the match: Really scary team, though the 2nd battle was far more haxy with both the burn and the crit, could've gone either way. Good matches

Round 3, Opponent: Cryuel
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements forgot...
Victor, Score: Cry¨el Win 3-1, Win 2-0
Rate opponents' performance: 0/10
Constructive comments about the match: Salt....so much salt....

Round 4, Opponent: Meliekpi
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements Triad Electric, Ground, Flying
Victor, Score: Meliekpi 2-0, 3-2
Constructive comments about the match: Didn't want to bring in a certain pokemon due to a certain flying type, had no good answer for his team

Round 5, Opponent: Lynx
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements Triad Dark, Psychic (forgot the last)
Victor, Score: Lynx 1-0, 3-1

dragontamer44722
16th June 2015, 4:03 AM
Too late to sign up eh?

Not at all, since it goes all week :3 In fact I can battle you if you want.

Dew Watatsumi
16th June 2015, 4:45 AM
Not at all, since it goes all week :3 In fact I can battle you if you want.

Alright, thanks for the matches :)

cryuel
17th June 2015, 12:09 AM
signing in

Round #, Opponent: Round 4, Summer
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Runic Triad
Victor, Score: 1-0,0-0,2-0, phantomclaw wins
Constructive comments about the match:He kept me on my toes the entire time, but one prediction ended up winning me the game

Round #, Opponent: Round 5, Dunkelteous
Opponent's triad: Elemental
Victor score:2-1 he won
rate opponent's performance: 8/10
Comment: mega saur too strong

Hey Phantomclaw (and Dunkleosteus!), can you please post the exact results for each round in your Round 5 match? Thanks!

signing up!

I see a Win on the spreadsheet. Had you won and not posted your battle result for Round 1. Please clarify. Thank you! :)

I would like to clarify two points for Trinity Leaders in particular regarding the Ranking:

Since we would not want to encourage Trinity Leaders to give up early on in a battle to spite the opponent, any Forfeits are counted in full in terms of Win points (Win 2-1 equates to 2 Win points in this case)
Trinity Leaders need to complete their 5 Battles if they wish to compete for the Elite 3 Triad. Failure to do so will affect this negatively. Also, it will be required that at least two members in the Triad compete as it is an Elite Triad (not an Elite Solo).

@everyone: Please get your remaining battles in by Friday! :)
Prizes will be finalised tomorrow~

Flamingmence
17th June 2015, 5:54 AM
I will try my best to get my last 3 battles I'm cryuel but if I dont then don't worry about it and work with what you got for everyone elae.

DJSummers
18th June 2015, 3:24 AM
Round #, Opponent: Round 3, twinyoshi45
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Elements / Grass, Fire, Water
Victor, Score: DJSummers, 1 - 0, 2 - 0
Constructive comments about the match: Good games,

twinyoshi45
18th June 2015, 3:28 AM
Signing in! I have not had a match until now so I dont see why I would have a win on the spreadsheet lol

Round #, Opponent: Round 1, DJSummers
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Runic / Normal Ghost fighting
Victor, Score: DJSummers, 1 - 0, 2 - 0
Constructive comments about the match: made some bad misplays which cost me the games, GG!

Sito
18th June 2015, 4:50 PM
I am still missing 2 battles for the tourney, if anyone else still needs battles let me know :)

Round 4, Opponent: Wego
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Poison/Rock/Bug
Victor, Score: Sito 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: Really good battles, so funny we ended up with the same pokemon as our last in both battles xD

Round 5, Opponent: Dragontamer
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Forgot xD
Victor, Score: Sito 1-0, 0-1, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: Really good battle.

Round x, Opponent: Artorious
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Forgot xD
Victor, Score: Artorius 2-0 and 3-0
Constructive comments about the match: Really wasnt able to do much against him xD, I am not good against bulky pokes. Good game :)

Wego
18th June 2015, 6:47 PM
Round 3, Opponent: Sito
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Flying, Electric, Ground
Victor, Score: Sito 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: first battle was a double ko the second battle ended with the same two pokemon gg Sito

dragontamer44722
18th June 2015, 8:10 PM
Online to finish my last 2 rounds so hit me up if you are around.

Round 4, Opponent: Sito
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Flying, Electric, Ground
Victor, Score: Sito 1-0 all 3 matches
Constructive comments about the match: I actually did decently this time, though the one match I did win was mere luck. Good game though.

Round 5, Opponent: Helio Breaker
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Dark, Steel, Dragon
Victor, Score: Dragontamer 1-0, 2-0
Constructive comments about the match: We both fought well, but I edged you out in the end with my mega. He's criminally underused I say xD

this match does not apply to me but to my opponent

Round X, Opponent: meliekpi
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Flying, Ground, Electric
Victor, Score: meliekpi, 1-0 both matches
Constructive comments about the match: Good matches, but his pokemon were better than mine.

phantomclaw
18th June 2015, 8:41 PM
signing in
this match does not count for me

Round #, Opponent: NA , Artorius
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Pyschic, Dark, Fairy
Victor, Score: phantomclaw 2-1, 2-1 both were forefeit
Constructive comments about the match:I won the first match because of one prediction, the second one was really long but i had a better match up which gave me the win

Burnerv2
19th June 2015, 12:08 AM
I'm signing in o/

I'll be available for battles for a good portion of the day barring something comes up. PM/VM

Update:
Round 1, Opponent: LynxForte
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Mystic
Constructive comments about the match: Game 1 miss with a burn made a big difference imo for that one (coulda stopped a set up if it hit early), but Game 2 was a beat down. Great match! Good luck in the rest of the tourney!

Round 2, Opponent: Shoveler
Victor, Score: Burnerv2 0-3, 2-0, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: GGs Shoveler. After game 1, I thought I was lion bait. Just a masterful performance that game by Shoveler. Game 2 I adapted and it worked out. Game 3, one crit helped me out to win that one in the middle. Made some early game reads that helped get to that point, but luck is the name of game three for me.

Round 3, Opponent: Helio Breaker
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Steel, Ice, Dragon
Victor, Score: Burnerv2 1-0, 0-0 (Double KO Win)
Constructive comments about the match: This one had a weird finish. A crit I didn't think would matter at the end led to a double KO gave me the win. I checked Smogon to be sure:
[NOTE: Been in contact with Helio. Hopefully we finish by tonight or tomorrow?]

Round 4, Opponent: TwinYoshi
Victor, Score: Burnerv2 0-1, 2-0, 1-0
Constructive comments about the match: Good games! Each round was really close. You scared me each of those rounds with one of your water mons. Really dangerous!

Round 5, Opponent: Dragontamer
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Normal, Fighting, Ghost
Victor, Score: Burnerv2 2-0, 3-0,
Constructive comments about the match: Good games! It was fun to play against another person using the same triad. Especially that one mon I like to see people use o/

FairyWitch
19th June 2015, 2:19 AM
dropping out from the tournament forgot to let you know cryuel sorry about that just haven't had the time to get my battles done plus a team sorry :/

DJSummers
20th June 2015, 3:38 PM
I need 2 more opponents before Cryuel ends the tour, someone, come at me!

Burnerv2
20th June 2015, 9:23 PM
I need one more opponent to finish up o/ Plus we have to finish our last round Helio

dragontamer44722
21st June 2015, 1:43 AM
Online to help people who havent battled me yet. Send me a vm!

Round #, Opponent: Round x, Burnerv2
Opponent's Triad/Triad types: Normal, Fighting, Ghost
Victor, Score: 2-0, 3-0
Constructive comments about the match:Knew right from the get go I was screwed, his pokemon severely outclassed mine.

cryuel
22nd June 2015, 6:15 PM
Thank you everyone for participating in this exciting tournament!!

The tournament has now officially closed, and the ranking can be found on the Tournament Spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13zS3KY9357I8HjnZ8lkIQSGInhNRfRB-n9pU5fwc5FM/edit#gid=463552760).

Congratulations to the following participants, in particular our first place winner who won all matches in shining colours!

1st place: Meliekpi
2nd place: Cry¨el
3rd place: LeafeonTheVoid

Meliekpi will get to contact the corresponding person first, depending on which feature prize he would like to claim; Meliekpi, please notify me when you do. LeafeonTheVoid, I will PM you when it your turn to claim a prize.

Congratulations also to the following Participation Prize winners:

Dew Watatsumi (shiny Kyurem)
Burnerv2 (shiny Latios)

@Trinity League Leaders, since we had a recent League reset and used this tournament to decide the next Elite 3 Triad, only Triads where at least 2 members participated and completed all rounds can be considered. This includes the following Triads:

Elements Triad (Dew@2Wins & Dunkleosteus@1Win)
Graviton Triad (Sito@2Wins, Shoveler@3Wins & Dunkleosteus@1Win)
Runic Triad (Burnerv2@4Wins & Cry¨el@4Wins)
(Dew@2Wins & Dunkleosteus@1Win)

The Gorgimera, Mystics and Primal Triad cannot contend as they either had less than 2 members participating or did not complete all 5 rounds with at least 2 members. As it stands by number of win average per Triad, the Runic Triad will be the first E3 Triad until a different Triad can contend for E3 status during the next Tournament. Thank you all for participating!

Artorius
22nd June 2015, 8:56 PM
Thank you everyone for participating in this exciting tournament!!

The tournament has now officially closed, and the ranking can be found on the Tournament Spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13zS3KY9357I8HjnZ8lkIQSGInhNRfRB-n9pU5fwc5FM/edit#gid=463552760).

Congratulations to the following participants, in particular our first place winner who won all matches in shining colours!

1st place: Meliekpi
2nd place: Cry¨el
3rd place: LeafeonTheVoid

Meliekpi will get to contact the corresponding person first, depending on which feature prize he would like to claim; Meliekpi, please notify me when you do. LeafeonTheVoid, I will PM you when it your turn to claim a prize.

Congratulations also to the following Participation Prize winners:

Dew Watatsumi (shiny Kyurem)
Burnerv2 (shiny Latios)

@Trinity League Leaders, since we had a recent League reset and used this tournament to decide the next Elite 3 Triad, only Triads where at least 2 members participated and completed all rounds can be considered. This includes the following Triads:

Elements Triad (Dew@2Wins & Dunkleosteus@1Win)
Graviton Triad (Sito@2Wins, Shoveler@3Wins & Dunkleosteus@1Win)
Runic Triad (Burnerv2@4Wins & Cry¨el@4Wins)
(Dew@2Wins & Dunkleosteus@1Win)

The Gorgimera, Mystics and Primal Triad cannot contend as they either had less than 2 members participating or did not complete all 5 rounds with at least 2 members. As it stands by number of win average per Triad, the Runic Triad will be the first E3 Triad until a different Triad can contend for E3 status during the next Tournament. Thank you all for participating!

Congrats! Well Deserved! :)