PDA

View Full Version : What nickname did you pick for the player character?

Conquering Storm
6th September 2016, 8:08 PM
Just curious, since I've always found it tricky to decide on one.

For my part, I usually make up a nickname by shortening the name I originally picked. So, for instance, I picked the nickname Cat for Katrina on my first playthrough; Alex for Alexandra on my second; and Ven for Raven on my fourth. On my third playthrough, I had named myself Ilmarinen, and couldn't think of a good nickname, so I decided to just have Ilmarinen as the nickname. On my current playthrough I named myself Fox, which obviously is hard to shorten, so I picked the nickname Fox-chan.

Aquarelle
16th September 2016, 2:09 AM
On Y, I went with My Lord to make my character look super important (and because I couldn't come up with anything else).
On my current save file on X, I picked HotStuff as a joke (and because I couldn't come up with anything else).

Next time I replay X, I think I'll just go with my real life nickname or a variation of it.

Kalosian
16th September 2016, 9:05 PM
On X, where I play as the Male character, I gave him the nickname Master because I couldn't think of anything better. I enjoyed seeing my rivals calling me Master all the time when I met them in the game, so it turned out great.

On Y, where I play as the Female character, I gave her the nickname Princess. This was because I think its a fun nickname for a Female character, and it goes well with the actual name I gave her, creating two references to other things.

I also use these same two nicknames for my characters in Join Avenue on B2/W2 so I guess they weren't the most unique, but I'm still satisfied with how they turned out.

Jirachi100
11th October 2016, 7:57 PM
I picked Kirby even though my character is a girl. I'm obsessed with the Kirby games is why that happened. I also used that name in White.
Edit: Oh right... Your friends ask for a nickname. I totally forgot! I chose Keeby. ..It's also Kirby related.

Captain Jigglypuff
11th October 2016, 8:14 PM
In X my character is named Teena Marie and her nickname is Lady T which was the singer's nickname and it's crazy that I didn't need to customize it.

Earth Wolf-Howl
12th October 2016, 1:35 AM
It usually depends on the name I use, but usually, I stick with a particular nickname for any name.

With my default name, Earth, I use the nickname 'E-Cat'. It's a bit of a reference to my first AC:NL town- one of my villagers decided to call me E-Cat, and I've used it ever since. I have been highly tempted to nickname myself E-Mail, though.

With my typical male name, Tao, I called myself T-Bone in reference to the steak. It was a perfect opportunity.

Other times, though, it depends. One time I didn't even use a nickname at all. I just went by Lore. Now, I'm hopping on the honorific bandwagon and calling myself 'Lord Locke' in this run. It's not as fun as I expected.

kawaiiconcept
12th October 2016, 6:35 AM
I chose little K
cuse I always go by kawaii
even acnl
and even though im really tall I liked little K it sounded cute.
though in my last run I went with lady k
a bit too pretensious for me though

Solaire_of_Astora
12th October 2016, 6:53 AM
I chose Chief, as that's what people call me.
(Navy man and all)

Birds of Paradise
12th October 2016, 9:49 PM
Last two games I used Raven and Jet. It takes me a while to come up with a name that I like, especially since its permanent for that play through and half of my games I never restart because of all of the items and stuff that I'd lose.

Charoshi
13th October 2016, 12:26 AM
I'm pretty sure I did the very uncreative mistress/master thing. I think I don't actually remember 100% haha

ninjaman
13th October 2016, 7:47 PM
I chose Benja. It's what my girlfriend calls me so I thought it would be good. It's getting kind of cringeworthy though the more I see it in game.

DracosWulfgar
19th October 2016, 4:55 AM
I picked Wulfgar because I like my middle name.

Hunter Zolomon
21st October 2016, 7:33 AM
I always pick Brandon because that's my real name lol. I'm not very creative when it comes to nicknames.

Watty
21st October 2016, 9:47 PM
I've chose in x my nickname Watty and for my male character in y, Iwan.
And in AS i've chosen another ... Euphemia! x3

Paul1985
22nd October 2016, 4:24 PM
I chose my own name in both X and Y which is Paul as I've always done that on every game I've played.

Zoruagible
27th October 2016, 2:22 AM
I went with Shadow, cause that's what my online friends call me.

Italianbaptist
27th October 2016, 5:16 AM
In my current runthrough my nickname is Squid as an homage to Rocket Power :)

Izanagi777
26th November 2016, 9:58 AM
Well, i myself use "Kirino" as my nickname in Pokemon X games.. I would go with Serena when i play pokemon Y though, given that i like her character in the anime..

Satoshi & Touko
6th December 2016, 4:19 PM
For my game, since I was playing as the girl despite being a dude, I named my character "Ayla". This is because this would have been my first name if I was born a girl. I thought it was a pretty name that suited my kind of heroine well.

xerxes
8th January 2017, 2:52 AM
I use Katsu in nearly every game. It's just my nickname in real life.

Brian the Pine Tree
23rd February 2017, 12:28 AM
I just put my first and middle initials I think. I don't have a nickname in real life so I didn't bother thinking of one for the game.

Bananarama
10th March 2017, 10:13 PM
I used my old irl name when I played Y. I probably will never use that name again though, but it was okay while it lasted.

Hydrangea
11th March 2017, 10:10 AM
I used my real name for my character's name (because it's a luxury now, as I have an 8 letter name and prior to XY I was unable to use it). However, my character's nickname was "daddy" for the memes.

Ninja Bulbasaur
20th March 2017, 4:37 AM
The very, very, very first run through I had of Pokemon Y, I had named my character, "Yuma". I can't exactly recall why.

LadyTriox
10th April 2017, 9:12 PM
I'm pretty sure i'm called 'Alice' on my y file.

I'm a pretty big alice in wonderland fan :)

The Black Charizard
3rd May 2017, 6:55 PM
I usually take my first name (Karen), because it's the easiest way

Krokketto Prime Danjal
4th May 2017, 6:33 AM
I chose Slic-K because that's what it made me sound like and my name begins with K.

Shayuin
22nd June 2017, 1:49 PM
I used Sam as my nickname, just as a short way of saying my in-game name from X version.

Nerdy McNerdface
1st July 2017, 10:33 PM
I didn't pick a nickname in my first playthrough, but when I eventually replay X I'll definitely make my underlings refer to me as Lord Vader.

Mega Altaria
15th July 2017, 2:38 AM
Well in X, I played as the girl character and nicknamed the player PokéMay, from the combination of Pokémon and the name of my player May because I liked Hoenn so much and I totally wasn't a creative person back then.

In Y, I played as the boy and I think I named my character 'Big X', but I can't really remember. Pretty sure it's because I named my character Xavier, after the name of the male protagonist in the X and Y prerelease trailers.

XlordgoldX
31st July 2017, 12:07 AM
Ill either name my protagonists, Lrdgold, or my irl nickname, or whatever their canon name is. Always name my rival whatever their canon name is as well.

Daizy
20th September 2017, 2:17 AM
I used a shortened version of my ingame name, so Soph for Sophie. Very uncreative, I know.

Miss Alexis
20th September 2017, 7:54 AM
My name in the game is Alexis but when the friends in the game wanted to give me a nickname I obviously stuck with Miss Alexis :p

Leonhart
7th November 2017, 6:42 AM
During my first play-through of X version, I picked Kitsune as my nickname, because I was really interested in youkai and Japanese folklore back then. In Y version, my nickname was my actual real-life name. I just didn't feel like making a more creative nickname in that game.

Steven of Venus
8th November 2017, 1:41 AM
Raptor, because Tyranitar is so epic, so empowering, so immortal, and eternally triumphant, that tickling your tummy for more ice cream cones, as he evolved from Red's Mt. Silver Cave to the peak, he's kind of like Saruman besting Gandalf, since Count Dooku is Darth Tyranus, or Tyranitar.