8th February 2017, 1:08 AM
INTRODUCING
THE

http://i.imgur.com/GmRwLoq.png

artwork by American Pi
A Smogon OU TOURNAMENT

ALRIGHT
ALRIGHT

So here's the deal, Sun/Moon meta has been out for such a long while and there hasn't been a Smogon OU tour here yet?? Uhh??? You don't like Smogons way of doin things?? This tour's not for you! This is gonna be an old fashioned OU Tournament! Winner take all! Only the best of the best may apply! I don't want any flimsies in this tour, no, only the top cut can! Think you got what it takes?? JOIN. Cmon, Serebii, show me you still got what it takes.

How it's gonna work:

After we receive 16 or so signups, the first round will commence. Each round will last a week. If it takes too long to get to 16 contestants we'll settle for 1 week after the most recent but only after 10. Spread the word if you can!

RULES:

1. Battles will be done in the Smogon OU tier within the 6v6 Singles environment! All clauses apply!
2. Battles will be done via Pokemon Showdown! No exceptions!
3. Battles will be done in a Best of 3 format!
4. Battlers will go under ONE Pokemon Showdown alt that'll be filled out in the form!
5. Battlers will not start their battles until the tour has started!
6. Battlers' activity will be gauged via Serebii and not just sitting around on Pokemon Showdown! So make it apparent if it comes down to activity!

Sign-Up Form
Pokemon Showdown Alt:
Timezone:

Small Stuff:

If your opponent is being kind of inactive, do just PM or VM me so we can sort of gauge the activity of you two and see who is the most active. Communicate with each other via VM (Visitors Messages) so we can come to a better consensus on the matter as well. I don't wish to see rounds going on for too long due to a reluctant opponent. So be ABSOLUTELY sure you're willing to fight in a confident and timely manner. I'm a little new on heading a forum wide tour so i'll try and be as timely, myself, as I can. If things start getting out of hand i'll call in some assistance from a more seasoned member in regards to tournys but it shouldn't be too hard! And what's a tour without a prize? The prize?
BRAGGING RIGHTS

What? You wanna medal? Feel good you won, I mean, what can I ACTUALLY give you that you want? You want somethin off this list?

http://pastebin.com/DxHejjzt
Go ahead! You can take 3 things if you win! Otherwise you get to say "hey I won the latest OU tour on Serebii!" So tell your friends.

Alrighty then! If you wanna test your mettle, sign up! Otherwise get lost! Oh and be sure if you wanna sign up, do PLEASE ensure you'll go through with it. No-Shows are lame-os...
Any questions? Ask away!
Good luck, all! Sign up and show up!

Conquer Phoenix
8th February 2017, 2:16 AM
Pokemon Showdown Alt:Candy Cane Queen
Timezone:-4est

brandyjay
8th February 2017, 4:48 AM
Alt: Brammi
Tz: +11

Nitocrys
8th February 2017, 11:10 AM
Man the last time i did a tour was i think guardian's cup lmao

signing up because MS is ily

Pokemon Showdown Alt: CrystalNinetales
Timezone: EST

MetalSonic
8th February 2017, 7:22 PM
Ooh familiar faces...

Now let's see some fresh ones, huh?

Man the last time i did a tour was i think guardian's cup lmao

signing up because MS is ily

Pokemon Showdown Alt: Hax Princess (Assuming i still own the account lol, but if not just my old CrystalNinetales)
Timezone: EST

You gotta decide on one now!

ptz
8th February 2017, 11:38 PM
Showdown; ptz
Est

twinyoshi45
9th February 2017, 11:37 PM
Pokemon Showdown Alt: Twinyoshi45
Timezone: PT

FairyWitch
10th February 2017, 9:22 AM
Pokemon Showdown Alt: FairyWitch824
Timezone: gmt -5

what the hell haven't battle in ages which im gunna get my butt wooped but at least I tried gives me practice anyway XD

MetalSonic
12th February 2017, 9:34 AM
Alrighty, I was starting to worry there a bit!

Cmon now Serebii, surely we have more than 6 people willing to put up a fight, huh?? Im certainly sure hoping my clan doesn't make up the majority of this tour!

EZ Target?
12th February 2017, 2:44 PM
Pokemon Showdown Alt: ez target?
Timezone: gmt 0

golem12
13th February 2017, 8:03 PM
Pokemon Showdown Alt: Rayquaza The First
Timezone: Gmt +1

Suhnny™
14th February 2017, 11:05 PM
Pokemon Showdown Alt: Suhnny
Timezone: GMT (-5)

ger9119
16th February 2017, 4:32 PM
Pokemon Showdown Alt: Liquid Sunshine
Timezone: -5

MetalSonic
17th February 2017, 12:23 AM
Lookie at that, Serebii's slickest 10 has arrived! Now es tiempo for the final week countdown till it starts!

Was that it then? 7 sections of competitive can muster only 10 players? Im certainly hopin for the 16 to be met by the end of the week.

Plenty of time to get teams ready and whatnot, just don't lose your nerve and NO JOHNATHONS.

When the tour starts, i'll PM you all forthwith. Then you'll have another week to complete your battles. Just keep your wits sharp!

MetalSonic
23rd February 2017, 9:34 PM
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah301/4greatleader/ROUND%201_zpsnqx6gzok.png

Oops, it did come out kind of small, huh? Oh well, for those of you who can't read small if I didn't PM you, you're NOT playing this week! With 10 contestants we can only have 4 playing for this round. Then we'll have 8 for the next. Makes sense.

ROUND 1
IT BEGINS

Conquer Phoenix vs. EZ Target?
Cryssy vs. twinyoshi45

These are the people fighting in Round 1 in best of 3's! Remember the rules! Get into contact quickly! I'll be eyeing those messaging and activities. If you can, do post a replay as well if and when you do battle. Only Round 1 participants are battling now, remember!

The round shall end
March 2'nd 12:00 PM UTC -6

Earlier if everyone finishes timely enough, of course.

Good luck!

EZ Target?
23rd February 2017, 11:07 PM
pm'd opponent. hopefully get it done saturday

EZ Target?
25th February 2017, 8:38 PM
won vs conquer phoenix 2-0

FairyWitch
27th February 2017, 12:41 AM
sigh unfortunately I don't have any teams ready plus been busy with work so I can't and might not be done so give golem the win sorry about that metal I am dropping out :/

MetalSonic
1st March 2017, 4:09 AM
sigh unfortunately I don't have any teams ready plus been busy with work so I can't and might not be done so give golem the win sorry about that metal I am dropping out :/

Talked it over, Naoto Shirogane shall take your place as a sub! Hope next time we can see you in action, Fairy.
I'll let golem know.

golem12
3rd March 2017, 8:59 PM
still haven't got an answer of my opponent

MetalSonic
4th March 2017, 1:07 AM
EZ takes it over Conquer in a 2-0 set whilst the activity wins goes towards twinyoshi! It's unfortunate about the activity win, but we gotta mosey on, players. FairyWitch is subbed out for Naoto Shirogani! Hope you can get in on it next time, Fairy. Welcome, Naoto! Get your battle face on.

ROUND 2
ITS TIME

ptz vs. EZ Target?

Suhnny™ vs. brandyjay

ger9119 vs. twinyoshi45

Naoto Shirogani vs. golem12

Remember now, Bo3's! If you can, post a replay or two, yeah? Let's get those battles in! Hope everyone got it set up. ^^;
I'll PM you all that it's started, and will continuously PM you through the week.

The round shall end
March 10'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Good luck, dudes!

EZ Target?
4th March 2017, 12:27 PM
contacted.

golem12
4th March 2017, 12:56 PM
same and still no answer so

MetalSonic
4th March 2017, 11:59 PM
same and still no answer so

You wait! Plenty of time left, no worries. Just let me know of any going ons you think I should know and i'll react accordingly.

Naoto Shirogane
5th March 2017, 1:26 AM
I have now replied to my opponent

twinyoshi45
6th March 2017, 5:35 AM
I have contacted my opponent but still waiting to hear back

MetalSonic
6th March 2017, 8:43 PM
Alrighty, i've noticed a few of you have deff tried to make contact. Whilst some of you haven't even said a word. I may have to place a sub in a few cases, though I hope not!

Get those matches in!

EZ Target?
7th March 2017, 10:08 PM
activity post. no word from ptz. hasn't been on since round start. will try get it done before deadline

Naoto Shirogane
8th March 2017, 1:55 AM
Active post golem has not been on since the 4th but we still have ages till the deadline so i am sure we will have the battle done

Suhnny™
8th March 2017, 5:53 AM
just posted.
lmao

MetalSonic
12th March 2017, 6:20 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT

Ok, so this round, unfortunately, no battles got in.
I think this is the prime time for an extension, however, some of the contestants have been dead in the water since the round start so in this case, i'll be trying to set up something special.

Every single pair had at least one person who tried contact, but I just don't think it'd be right to give an entire round an activity win. Simply because, well, I really want the place to liven up with some battles! I don't wanna just give up, you know? A whole tour of activity wins just doesn't seem cool! Giving up is too easy and it's so mainstream everyone does it. See, Serebii comp scene hasn't been so hot lately, at least here, and I know I don't want it to stay like that any longer. So with that in mind, i'll PM and put my foot down in regards to inactivity. I know who exactly made an effort and who simply didn't have the time. It's unfortunate, yes, but I wanna make sure this tour comes to pass in fighting fashion! Just bear with me and believe. I'll have somethin set up in the coming day and hopefully, we'll get some battles in! Whether it be special or just a regular extension i'll let you all know by tomorrow.

MetalSonic
14th March 2017, 3:45 AM
ROUND 2 EXTENSION
ITS BEEN TIME

golem12 vs. EZ Target?

Suhnny™ vs. twinyoshi45

MetalSonic vs. brandyjay

Naoto Shirogane vs. Lugia-sama

Here's what i've done, in the interest of gettin some battles, ive introduced two new subs and re-arranged some battlers into hopefully better times. I've also dropped two completely inactive members in ptz and ger1229. Lugia-Sama and I are the new participants. I really want some battles to happen! I'm givin it my all here and I hope you dudes do the same!
It seems a bit roundabout, I know, but one big activity win for a whole round should not be what a competitive tour is about.

The round shall end
March 22'nd 12:00 PM UTC -6
That's a bit longer then normal.

Bo3!
Remember to make it apparent you're trying to get those battles in. Post here when and if you contact. If I PM/VM you in regards to your activity, you pretty much gotta message me back so I can take your activity into consideration!
If you have questions, shoot me a PM!

Good luck, dudes! Let's make this tourny into somethin powerful!

ptz
15th March 2017, 7:29 PM
Contacted opponent

EZ Target?
15th March 2017, 11:08 PM
won vs golem12 2-0 ggs

golem12
15th March 2017, 11:13 PM
won vs golem12 2-0 ggs

I confirm this

MetalSonic
16th March 2017, 3:57 AM
Aw sick, here we go. Get those others in, dudes!

Lugia-sama
17th March 2017, 11:04 PM
lost against naoto 2-0 ggs

Naoto Shirogane
17th March 2017, 11:05 PM
Beat Lugia 2-0 very tough games ggs

twinyoshi45
18th March 2017, 2:41 AM
well so far I have not heard back from my opponent so I am just going to keep waiting......

jirachiuser1
20th March 2017, 4:36 AM
LMAO some of the players of this tournament make me question if im dreaming

MetalSonic
23rd March 2017, 5:27 PM
ROUND 3
ES TIEMPO

EZ Target? vs. twinyoshi45

MetalSonic vs Naoto Shirogane

Woo, the time draws near! Many thanks to everyone thus far whos participated! A couple of matches went through but also a couple inactives, though we gotta commit to that concrete conclusion! With that in mind, it's time for the semi-finals. The stakes are high, who will win the right to brag??

The round shall end
March 31'st 12:00 PM UTC -6
That's a bit longer then normal as well.

Bo3!
Remember to make it apparent you're trying to get those battles in. Post here when and if you contact. If I PM/VM you in regards to your activity, you pretty much gotta message me back so I can take your activity into consideration!
If you have questions, shoot me a PM!

Good luck, dudes! This tourney isnt over yet! Let's see how this ends!

twinyoshi45
24th March 2017, 2:25 AM
well I hope my opponent this time is one that is willing/has the time to fight me (I have contacted them)

EZ Target?
24th March 2017, 3:14 PM
in contact

twinyoshi45
26th March 2017, 7:07 PM
Won vs EZ Target 2-0 very fun matches!

Naoto Shirogane
28th March 2017, 1:14 AM
Lost against meta 2-0 tbh i thought I would lose last round as I dont play at all or have any teams at all but still it was fun ggs

MetalSonic
28th March 2017, 1:15 AM
Won 2-0 vs Naoto! That last one was a bit iffy, made a weird play at the end that could've lost me the game, shoulda gone gross first. GGs

Let's get a move on to finale then! Give me a bit to write it up, we got done earlier and thats always great.

MetalSonic
28th March 2017, 6:42 PM
FINALE ROUND

twinyoshi45 vs. MetalSonic

Here she is, the end of the tour. One more set for all the marbles. Thanks everyones whos participated thus far, taking the time to commit to battles is somethin im super appreciative of. I really do hope there'll be more OU tours and whatnot here!

The round shall end
April 4'th 12:00 PM UTC -6

Bo3!
Earlier if we finish early, of course.

twinyoshi45
28th March 2017, 9:40 PM
lets make this a final match worthy of the title of Grand Finale!

MetalSonic
2nd April 2017, 4:19 AM
That we did!

http://challonge.com/sabbx9cg

2-0 in my favor, thank you twinyoshi for the awesome battles! Thank everyone for participating in this, it means a lot to me we were able to get in another good old fashioned OU tour! Maybe the way I tried to mitigate activity wins wasn't the best, but I just really wanted battles to happen. Even if it took some doin, we still got it in us, I think! Anywho, I didn't climb my way up here. So here's what i'm going to do for prizes, runner up shall receive 2 mons from my list if that is their wish, and third placers shall receive 1 as well! Hope I wasn't too bad at this tour leading thing. ^^;

Thanks for everyone who participated, I may hold another one in the future so keep your eyes peeled! Sharpen those skills, I wanna see nothing but close ones next time!

Mods may close!