PDA

View Full Version : Digimon

turboredeemed
30th June 2005, 12:36 AM
talk about the digimon anime here!
I like this anime, my favorite seasons are in order from fave to least fave are 4,1,2,3. I also think they MIGHT make a 5th season.

Envy
30th June 2005, 12:40 AM
I liked season two better because of cute Wormmon!

RPG Maker
30th June 2005, 1:55 AM
Nope I'm for sure there will be no more seasons, I think the Movie was the last of it and now they might just continue with the manga.

Favorite Season in order: 3, 4, 2, 1,

Winry Rockbell
30th June 2005, 4:03 AM
My favorite Seasons in order are 3, 4, 2-1. Its a tie for third I liked both seasons the same. My favorite is season 3 because of cute littler Terriermon & Lopmon...I love those little guys. Here's a list of my favorite Digimon.
Season 1: Gatomon, Gomamon, Garurumon(wolves rule), Elecmon,
Season 2: Veemon, Raidramon, Pegasusmon, Nefertimon, Gazimon
Season 3: Lopmon, Terriermon, Monodramon, Labramon, Shiisamon(Seasarmon), Kyuubimon, Gargomon, Leomon, SaberLeomon, MarineAngemon
Season 4: Patamon(little guys so cute), Kotemon, Bearmon, Lobomon, KendoGarurumon, Beowulfmon, Flamon, Lowemon, JagerLowemon, Cerberumon

Blackjack Gabbiani
30th June 2005, 5:23 AM
I like Datirimon, but that has mostly to do with who his partner is.

Hidden Mew
30th June 2005, 5:32 AM
I actually heard a few months ago that in Japan, they are going to have a new digimon movie. I saw some pictures and they were great. One looked like a cute wolf cub and their were some familiar digimon from season 1 and 3, but I can't spell their names. I lost the link to it, but maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about. If all else fails, people could use google to find out what this is. ;rukario;
;151; ;384; ;196; ;330; ;229; ;354;
I am hidden, yet I am in front of you.

Chris
30th June 2005, 5:39 AM
It is a new movie, but nothing more. Frontier was the last series made, even though we were promised seven series' in total. Only four were made. Probably due to the ratings of Frontier. :\ Which is a shame since I liked it. Gotta say that Digimon was at its best during Zero2. Especially when it came to Imperialdramon's introduction. I remember when EVERY FAN started going nuts when they heard about Paildramon evolving in the Japanese version.

Almighty Zard
30th June 2005, 6:12 AM
to me seasons three and four tied followed by the first two. Seasons three started out bad up until when the devas came, and season four was the opposite starting good but getting bad when the royal knights arrived(i mean come on, they whipped Emperor Greymon and Magna Garurumon so bad almost every time they fought it was not even funny.) and while during the bad times there were some good points Season three, the champions going crazy and in four Susanomon arriveing and slicing Lucemon in half with that awsome laser sword. But i do gotta say in the long run the whole four series were good. Here are my favorite parts from all four.

Season 1: Seeing the megas for the first time, and seeing Magna Angemon kill a mega with his Gate of Destiny.
Season2:Seeing DNA digvolution, and the final battle when Malomyotismon got jumped by almost every digivolution available to the cast.
Season 3:Takato Snapping and making Megidramon, and Biomerge digivolution.
Season 4:Seeing the legendary warriors kick butt and seeing cool attacks one of which could rival Hiei's dragon of darkness from yu yu hakusho.

now here are the cons.
Season 1: the fact that only two digimon went Mega, Angemon didn't reach his ultimate form till near the end of the series, and Apoclamon was a joke.
Season 2:The early parts were too boring and Malomyotismon was killed in a stupid way.
Season 3:the beginning was weird, and Kenta had a Mega the size of a baby.
Season 4:The fusion evolutions seemed unesscessary, and the Royal knights won too much.

the only thing i wonder about the series is how long it;s gonna remain on toon disney, after all i know they been showing them for a long time, but that time could be running out,

Chris
30th June 2005, 6:18 AM
Think about it. It was a good thing the Royal Knights won all the time. This is something that's opposite of traditional anime where the good guys always chase off the badguys. It's especially quite nice here because they're so strong, it becomes hell running into them. Especially when it's a fight for their lives and protecting the Digital World from being sucked up into energy. Think about it. It's really a problem when you continuously run into villains who are after destruction of the world while you're trying to save it, not to mention, they're extremely powerful and have the ability to kill you on the spot. Quite the suspense there for the viewers. It's either the heroes die and the world gets destroyed, or the world ends up being sucked up and the villains leave the heroes beaten.

Shigeru-kun
30th June 2005, 6:37 AM
Ooo, Digimon. :0 One of the few shows that could change storylines drastically and I would still love it. In fact, I think the only thing that really annoyed me throughout all four of the series was how the ditched the partners in Frontier and gave us icky side digimon. I mean, sure they added Plotmon, Lopmon and Patamon toward the end, as well as gave us super hottie Kouichi, but there were many things about it that got on my nerves at times. =\ The only thing I couldn't ever dislike was it's ending though...the last battle was done very nicely and I loved hearing Miracle Maker during it. ^^

Over all though, I think my favorite series would have to be a tie between 02 and Tamers. The beginning to 02 was very predictable with the digimentals and stuff, but as it went on it got to be very good. The same thing goes for Tamers as well. Started out slow, but toward the end it got really dark and I loved seeing characters like Alice pop up. I also liked 02 and Tamers because they some of the best songs too. *^^*

Hopefully the next few movies dubbed will actually be intact since this will indeed be the real last time dub fans will see them.

Almighty Zard
30th June 2005, 6:56 AM
Think about it. It was a good thing the Royal Knights won all the time. This is something that's opposite of traditional anime where the good guys always chase off the badguys. It's especially quite nice here because they're so strong, it becomes hell running into them. Especially when it's a fight for their lives and protecting the Digital World from being sucked up into energy. Think about it. It's really a problem when you continuously run into villains who are after destruction of the world while you're trying to save it, not to mention, they're extremely powerful and have the ability to kill you on the spot. Quite the suspense there for the viewers. It's either the heroes die and the world gets destroyed, or the world ends up being sucked up and the villains leave the heroes beaten.

actually if i remember correctly Dynasmon was the only one that could have suceeded in doing that with his Breath of Wyvern attack, but another thing is how stupid they were beaten i mean...yes they do break tradtion and whip DD rear most of the time, but i can still remember what Dynasmon said in thier last fight with the two... something about Crusadermons doubt making them weaker....lame excuse...minutes later the two of them are run through only to have their data taken by Lucemon. Personally i think they should have just been picked off by Lucemon rather than fighting the DD cause that would've made more sense to me.

Shining Celebi
30th June 2005, 7:05 PM
I actually heard a few months ago that in Japan, they are going to have a new digimon movie. I saw some pictures and they were great. One looked like a cute wolf cub and their were some familiar digimon from season 1 and 3, but I can't spell their names. I lost the link to it, but maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about. If all else fails, people could use google to find out what this is. ;rukario;

Digital Monster X-Evolution. It came out January 3rd.

(Beware of spoilers:)
http://shiningevo.ultimatedigimon.com/xevolution.html

It is a new movie, but nothing more. Frontier was the last series made, even though we were promised seven series' in total. Only four were made. Probably due to the ratings of Frontier. :\ Which is a shame since I liked it. Gotta say that Digimon was at its best during Zero2. Especially when it came to Imperialdramon's introduction. I remember when EVERY FAN started going nuts when they heard about Paildramon evolving in the Japanese version.

We were never promised seven series. There was a contract made for three more seasons (seasons being the operative word here) during the first half of Tamers. This contract was fufilled, despite the mediocre ratings of Tamers, and to a lesser extent, Frontier.

Nope I'm for sure there will be no more seasons, I think the Movie was the last of it and now they might just continue with the manga.

Favorite Season in order: 3, 4, 2, 1,

There is no ongoing manga in Japan. The only real Japanese manga in Japan, V-Tamer, ended a long time ago.

Chris
1st July 2005, 4:00 AM
We were never promised seven series. There was a contract made for three more seasons (seasons being the operative word here) during the first half of Tamers. This contract was fufilled, despite the mediocre ratings of Tamers, and to a lesser extent, Frontier.
It wasn't seasons because seasons don't exist in Japanese anime. o_O It was indeed three more series' promised, but due to the lack of ratings from the end of Tamers and from Frontier, nothing came up.

The Masked Trumpet
1st July 2005, 4:10 AM
Digimon is my favorite anime. I loved season:3 and I just could never get into season:4, season 1 and 2 were also good, 2 being the better in my opinion. If any of you are not a member of the Digimon Club you can ask to join. It is one of the better clubs I am in, which at this time is few.
The Masked Trumpet

Shining Celebi
1st July 2005, 4:25 AM
It wasn't seasons because seasons don't exist in Japanese anime. o_O It was indeed three more series' promised, but due to the lack of ratings from the end of Tamers and from Frontier, nothing came up.

...Where did you hear that? o.O

Yes, seasons *do* exist in Japanese shows, and there were two in each Digimon series. I wish I still had the original statement Megchan posted, but it was seasons. With the widespread confusion in the fandom between "series" and "seasons", and since many people didn't hear about it until after Frontier (despite the fact the contract was made during the beginning of Tamers), most people assumed that there was supposed to be a fifth, sixth, and seventh series, when that simply wasn't the case. The three more seasons came in the form of the latter half of Tamers and the whole of Frontier.

Togemon
1st July 2005, 4:42 AM
Well, Digimon is my favorite anime, and you might have guessed from my sn, Togemon is one of my favorites :p

And I can't wait until we get the undubbed movies... I cant see them because of my computer...

Ziggy
1st July 2005, 4:42 AM
I'm almost sure a fifth season is coming. I'm not going to say the name, otherwise....Spoiler.

Anyway, I've only watched the first movie, and I liked it a lot. I think the animation is far better than the Pokémon Movies animation. I don't know why, its just different, all the action and coloring is far nicer.

I liked the third season the best. All digimon could evolve to Mega and the end made us think Digimon Tamers 2 could be a possible continuation. Plus, their parents met the digimon which was interesting (but unfortunately ruinned the"secret that should be kept" thing).

Then comes the first season, which I really enjoyed. The only bad thing about it was the fact only two digimon reached Mega level, and only after that, when the second season was about to start, the Mega forms of the other digis, such as Gomamon's and Tentomon's were revealed.

I didn't like the secound, and I almost hated the fourth. I like Digimon, I personally think its completely different from Pokémon. I can't stand people saying "hey, if you were a real pokémon fan you should hate digimon because they're rivals". I can't even find similarities between them, except for the name of the series.

I guess my favorite digimon are WereGarurumon, Rapidmon, MagnaDramon and Kyuukimon (wich has never appeared in any series...)

Shining Celebi
1st July 2005, 4:54 AM
There is no fifth series being planned at this time. And there's certainly nothing as concrete as a name.

Winry Rockbell
1st July 2005, 4:57 AM
I hope they come out with a new season and add some of the new Digimon I like in it. My favorites from the new Digimon are Leormon, Dorumon, Ryuudamon, & Commandramon. That'd be awesome if they did but I highly doubt there will be any new seasons. Even if there is a new season I doubt it will come over to America. Digimon's not that popular anymore.

Chris
1st July 2005, 5:41 AM
I'm almost sure a fifth season is coming. I'm not going to say the name, otherwise....Spoiler.
Uh..if there WAS going to be a fifth series, it would have started immediately after Frontier's ending. Not to mention, there would have been character design images and such in magazines (specifically CoroCoro) weeks before the series ended. There's not going to be another series. If we have no info, whereas Zero2, Tamers, and Frontier did after nearly the end of the previous series, what makes you think there'll be another one? Especially when Frontier's been over for quite a while now.

Yamato-san
2nd July 2005, 9:58 AM
(specifically CoroCoro)

wasn't info for the Digimon anime being shown in V-Jump?

Shining Celebi
2nd July 2005, 3:33 PM
wasn't info for the Digimon anime being shown in V-Jump?

Yes, it was (and still is.)

Zoy_Herotic
3rd July 2005, 2:01 AM
My favourite seasons are in order: 4, 1, 2, 3. I only saw like, three episodes of Tamers because they didn't air the series in Australia.

My favourite Digimon is Zephyrmon and Takuya's evolutions. ^_^

WindyNight
3rd July 2005, 2:25 AM
I like Digimon too..
Favourite Seasons - Adventure and Frontier (1 and 4)
Favourite Characters - Zoe, Takuya, Koji, T.K, Kari, Matt and Sora
Favourite Digimon - Patamon, Gatomon, Biyomon, Gabumon, Kazemon, Lobomon, Zephyrmon, etc..^^

Baby_Biyomon
3rd July 2005, 2:40 AM
Digimon favorites: TK, Kari, Gatomon, Patamon, and Biyomon

Least favorites: Davis and Veemon. they annoy me alot

Mahou
3rd July 2005, 10:26 AM
Lol, I guess you're a Takari shipper then? My favorite pairings on Digimon are Daikari, Junato and Taiora. Though I like Sorato too. I'm confusing. XD

Addydo
3rd July 2005, 10:42 AM

Yes, you're right, there is going to be a New Digimon Movie. I also bought the Digimon World 4 video game for GC. It's based off of the New Movie, it's a little on the tough side, but I still like it. :)
Also They are FINALLY going to dub the other Digimon movies, starting with the sequal to the first movie! :D

My Favorite Seasons were 1,2,and 3. I thought season 4 was a little weired. O.o I just LOVED the DNA Digivolution thing in season 2! :D ;munchlax;

Shining Celebi
3rd July 2005, 3:55 PM
The movie is out, and has been out, for six months in Japan. So far there's no word on it's release in the US, but movies 4-7 are coming out here. Digimon World 4/X is *very* loosely based on the movie, if at all...

icy cyndaquil
3rd July 2005, 4:30 PM
The problem why digimon is down is that the ratings are down. The salution is that digimon should be more of an adventure like anime, like pokemon, but in the digital world. They did that in the first 2 seasons, then they screw up in the third season by making it more like the real world and a lot of kids got upset that they did that aswell not showing any of the favorite digimon from first 2 seasons to the 3rd season. Think of it, the only ones that is on season 3 that was on 2 was Leomon and Gaurdamon that have rolls. Terriermon only had one amine appareance in the US and that is in the movie they show over here.

Hidden Mew
3rd July 2005, 8:07 PM
[QUOTE=Addydo]Yes, you're right, there is going to be a New Digimon Movie. I also bought the Digimon World 4 video game for GC. It's based off of the New Movie, it's a little on the tough side, but I still like it. :)
Also They are FINALLY going to dub the other Digimon movies, starting with the sequal to the first movie! :D

That sounds great. Digimon has always been a neat show. Not as good as pokemon, but still good. Do you know when the dubbed movies will come out or has no one made any comments about this? By the way, I hope my comment about pokemon being better than digimon did not hurt anyone's feelings.I was surprised that I was quoted twice. Neat.
;260; ;306; ;301; ;382; ;380; ;384;My Sapphire Team

Addydo
3rd July 2005, 9:28 PM
[QUOTE=Addydo]Yes, you're right, there is going to be a New Digimon Movie. I also bought the Digimon World 4 video game for GC. It's based off of the New Movie, it's a little on the tough side, but I still like it. :)

That sounds great. Digimon has always been a neat show. Not as good as pokemon, but still good. Do you know when the dubbed movies will come out or has no one made any comments about this? By the way, I hope my comment about pokemon being better than digimon did not hurt anyone's feelings.I was surprised that I was quoted twice. Neat.
;260; ;306; ;301; ;382; ;380; ;384;My Sapphire Team

No, we still haven't got any word when the dubbed movies are coming out. :(
Hopfully soon! :)

The_Suikun_Incarnate
25th July 2005, 7:30 AM
Is there perhaps an online game or simulator like YVD or NetBattle for Digimon that you can download and play around on with Digimon? Plus, I think there should be like online video games where you can have a sort of virtual adventure with Pokemon or Digimon. That would be great, especially if you could play online with your friends and upload your Digimon onto the internet using Digivices that you can buy in the store like the first movie. Or perhaps Virtual Digimon pets like Neopets.

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th July 2005, 1:21 AM
It's the first official announcement of the undubbed movies, with the date for the release of the fourth movie - now titled "Revenge of Diaboromon," and airing on Toon Disney on August 5th, at 7:00pm, with a repeat on ABC Family Jetix the next morning at 9:00am.

--Digimon Encyclopedia

skater dude
28th July 2005, 1:29 AM
da best season is season 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tenten
28th July 2005, 1:36 AM
I like Seasons 1 and 2! I don't really like 3 or 4. Is it just me, or is Zoe/Izumi a blond copy of Yolei without glasses?

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th July 2005, 2:02 AM
No...they're not really that much alike.

Buizeru
28th July 2005, 2:05 AM
I like all,but my fav is Season 2

theboar
29th July 2005, 12:21 AM
Season 5? I don't think so.
Four seasons so far.

I like Tamer Series.
Guilmon (Gallantmon (with wings)) > All
^_^

Blackjack Gabbiani
1st August 2005, 9:58 AM
According to season one, August First is the day it all started. Thought you should know.

Chaotic Houndoom
1st August 2005, 10:05 AM
Angewomon, Kazemon = Best. =D

Mikeachu
1st August 2005, 12:49 PM
I rank them 3, 1, 2, 4.

Tamers good points:
-More serious plot
-An actual orgin to the Digital World & it's inhabitants & what makes them "digital".
-The partner digimon themselves had personalities & were more than just tools of war like in the past 2 series.
-Rika <_< >_>
-Spending more time in the real world. A much better idea than sticking some kids in a an unknown world (a really overused plot in fiction)
-They actually killed off a member of the team, that was shocking!
-More balanced team in terms of power with 5 Mega-levels total.
Bad points:
-Jeri forgiving Impmon for killing Leomon, especially with the blunt way he asked for it.

Digimon Adventures 01 Good points:
-Introduce us to what is mostly a good show.
-Had the best villains (with Myoatismon being at the very top).
Bad points:
-Apoclomon was a lame final villain.
-The group got split up way too much! Obviously 7-8 kids was too much for the writers to juggle.
-The revelation that there were 5 kids that came before the Digi-Destined was very unneeded, didn't change a thing & was completely forgotten about.

Digimon Adventures 02 Good points:
-For the most part just as good as 01.
Bad points:
-& by "the most part", I mean that the last few episodes comepletely fell on their faces.
-What was the deal with that black ocean world?
-Where did Deamon & his goons come from & what became of him?
-Myoatismon's return reeked of the writers desperately trying to come up with a proper conclusion for the series which they didn't bother to think of in advance.
-Despite revealing his dreams for a noodle cart in the same episode & trying to get with Kari all year, Davis was immune to Malo's illusions because he desired nothing. WHAT?!?!
-Some of future careers for the Digi-Destined didn't make a whole lot of sense. Independant go-getter Yolei becomes a housewife with 3 kids, Never-tell-a-lie Cody is a lawer, Rockstar Matt is the 1st astronaut to land on Mars (WTF?), Sora & Mimi should've switched careers or something.

Frontier's Good Points:
-Um,
-Er...
-Uh...
-Well there was the blatant fanservice episode. I guess that counts for something.
Bad Points:
-After Tamers, the characters felt like bland, cliched cardboard cutouts.
-The yellow guy in the red pants. WTF was his purpose?
-Kolchi's brother was just a lamer version of Ken.
-The previous series had problems with making the "main 2" more powerful than the rest of the team, but it was really freaking terrible here. To make the top tier even more powerful than they already were, the other 4 had to give up their own powers & thus do absolutely nothing but stand in the background for the remainder of the series. Good God, that's just insanely stupid writing!
-The Royal Knights arc. Never has Lather, Rinse, Repeat ever been so painful!

kyle_andrew
1st August 2005, 1:09 PM
my favourite season is 3, i would have liked to see what season 4 was like but they never aired it here.

p.s terriermon rocks ! :)

Kyuubi-Kun
2nd August 2005, 4:31 AM
I rank them 3, 1, 2, 4.

Tamers good points:
-More serious plot
-An actual orgin to the Digital World & it's inhabitants & what makes them "digital".
-The partner digimon themselves had personalities & were more than just tools of war like in the past 2 series.
-Rika <_< >_>
-Spending more time in the real world. A much better idea than sticking some kids in a an unknown world (a really overused plot in fiction)
-They actually killed off a member of the team, that was shocking!
-More balanced team in terms of power with 5 Mega-levels total.
Bad points:
-Jeri forgiving Impmon for killing Leomon, especially with the blunt way he asked for it.

Digimon Adventures 01 Good points:
-Introduce us to what is mostly a good show.
-Had the best villains (with Myoatismon being at the very top).
Bad points:
-Apoclomon was a lame final villain.
-The group got split up way too much! Obviously 7-8 kids was too much for the writers to juggle.
-The revelation that there were 5 kids that came before the Digi-Destined was very unneeded, didn't change a thing & was completely forgotten about.

Digimon Adventures 02 Good points:
-For the most part just as good as 01.
Bad points:
-& by "the most part", I mean that the last few episodes comepletely fell on their faces.
-What was the deal with that black ocean world?
-Where did Deamon & his goons come from & what became of him?
-Myoatismon's return reeked of the writers desperately trying to come up with a proper conclusion for the series which they didn't bother to think of in advance.
-Despite revealing his dreams for a noodle cart in the same episode & trying to get with Kari all year, Davis was immune to Malo's illusions because he desired nothing. WHAT?!?!
-Some of future careers for the Digi-Destined didn't make a whole lot of sense. Independant go-getter Yolei becomes a housewife with 3 kids, Never-tell-a-lie Cody is a lawer, Rockstar Matt is the 1st astronaut to land on Mars (WTF?), Sora & Mimi should've switched careers or something.

Frontier's Good Points:
-Um,
-Er...
-Uh...
-Well there was the blatant fanservice episode. I guess that counts for something.
Bad Points:
-After Tamers, the characters felt like bland, cliched cardboard cutouts.
-The yellow guy in the red pants. WTF was his purpose?
-Kolchi's brother was just a lamer version of Ken.
-The previous series had problems with making the "main 2" more powerful than the rest of the team, but it was really freaking terrible here. To make the top tier even more powerful than they already were, the other 4 had to give up their own powers & thus do absolutely nothing but stand in the background for the remainder of the series. Good God, that's just insanely stupid writing!
-The Royal Knights arc. Never has Lather, Rinse, Repeat ever been so painful!
I think I agree with you here. IMO, I thought 25 years later epilogue was a bad idea. And yes, their careers are so screwy, especially Yamato/Matt. And I couldn't believe he married Sora. I think everyone had a field day with that. Well, besides that, it was all okay. But there were too many evolutons, and too many plot devices. Like Dagomon/Dragomon. That made no sense, and we never get an explanation on Hikari/Kari's powers really.

They completely got rid of Daemon. I mean, doesn't it seem like his name suggests that he's the ultimate evil? That's what I thought. And yeah, the whole Dark World with the ocean stuff doesn't make much sense, like the Dagomon thing, and why Ken gained the power to open a portal to it. And I thought the International children was too much. It was a nice idea.

And killing Myotismon by the power of your dreams! ZAM! Wow, we just got rid of him just by saying our dreams! No Digimon needed. Oh, and there wasn't entirely enough explanation on the "Dream World" but it was more understadable than the Dark World I guess. I'll end my rambling here.

Flammie the White Flygon
2nd August 2005, 4:33 AM
I thought the 3rd season of digimon as awsome alsoe, I didn't care to much for the forth season because of the way they had it all set up x..x

Citrus Man
2nd August 2005, 4:55 AM
W00! I've always loved Digimon with My favorite digi's going by rank. My favorite seasons are numbers 1 and 3 and i absolutely DESPISED Season 2 with the exception of Flamedramon who is awexome. To me, Season 2 was a snore fest with a crappy plot. Season 3 was cool and Season 1 was sexy. Season 4 is a meh season, didn't get to see it much.

Blackjack Gabbiani
2nd August 2005, 6:20 AM
Why don't people like 4? I thought 4 was awesome.

~SpAzZ~
2nd August 2005, 6:31 AM
All of the seasons were good, but 3 was the best.In all the other series, they only powered two people, and they basically did everything.Plus, they all just thrusted Digimon into our faces, and the digidestined's faces and explained.In 3, they knew about them, because they were games, and stuff.The best one in 4 was MagnaGaruruMon, he was cool.

Kyuubi-Kun
2nd August 2005, 11:35 PM
Why don't people like 4? I thought 4 was awesome. Well I'm guessing it was because most of the characters were about the same as past characters. Takuya is almost like Davis, and Tommy is defnitely a T. K. clone. Kouichi was almost a Ken. Kouji was kinda like Matt, but he was different so I liked him. J. P. was alright.

But the plot was mostly the same as the first season. Ya know, saving the world. And when they had KaiserGreymon/EmperorGreymon and MagnaGarurumon, the kids had to stay on the sidelines! That wasn't fun. And those kids kinda didn't have a purpose, except for maybe speculations of the other Hybrids (Arbormon, Grottomon, Ranamon, Mercuremon). Not to mention it seemed kinda kiddier, compared to Tamers anyway.

Some things I liked about Frontier were the music, the Angels, Lucemon (but they were supposed to expand on his story a few episodes, that's why it ended at 50). I did enjoy it though. Just not as much as the rest. So IMO, wouldn't say it was the worst season, just the least favorite season, I mean, compared with any other season.

Shining Celebi
4th August 2005, 3:31 AM
I too liked Frontier, but obviously it can't compare to our precious Tamers. *rolls eyes*

Some things I liked about Frontier were the music, the Angels, Lucemon (but they were supposed to expand on his story a few episodes, that's why it ended at 50).

If you're referring to the 54 episodes rumor, it's just that: a rumor. A false one. Frontier was never planned to be 54 episodes, and sometime during the middle they settled on 50.

Yamato-san
4th August 2005, 5:32 AM
I mentioned this before on another thread, but I went to Toei's official Japanese website for Frontier a few times while it was airing in Japan. On the episode guide, it had a list of episode numbers which would be unlinked until the episode actually aired and a summary could be posted and linked to it. I can confirm myself that around the beginning of the series, they had 52 episodes on that site, proving that they were indeed planning for it to be longer than it was (54 might've been a rumor, but I have confirmed at least 52). With the decreased popularity of Digimon, though, there were budget cuts and they were forced to end the series prematurely (this also explains some other budget-related stuff, like why Kouichi didn't have an animation showing him evolve into Kaiser Leomon, or why the other children couldn't have an Advanced Hybrid form). You can't see this on the website now since the episode guide was obviously updated, but I think you could try out web.archive.org or maybe someone saved a screenshot of the site or something if you want to confirm this for yourself.

Shining Celebi
4th August 2005, 2:41 PM
I know. I saw it too.

That's how long *all* the series were originally planned for, because that's the length of one normal season plus the length of another normal season. It just *happened*, not neccessarily because of budget problems. From all I know, they had no money problems. Zero Two had also been planned for 52 - they all had, IIRC, and despite that it by far got the highest ratings of all the series, it ended up as 50 episodes. Toei ain't poor, either.

It's an Omnitorism.

Kyuubi-Kun
5th August 2005, 6:08 AM
Reminder: 4th Digimon movie airs tomorrow on Toon Disney at 7 PM.

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th August 2005, 7:07 AM
Or 5 pm, depending on the time zone.

Almighty Zard
5th August 2005, 7:45 AM
say what, the are actually going to air all the movies, wow...just wow, been almost four years since season 2 went off the air (before coming back on TD) and they are now just airing these things, well my friend who happens to like this movie is going to be happy must find out when it is on.

Locke Yggdrasill
5th August 2005, 7:56 AM
ACK! movie four! the dub? with the thousand diaboromon?! AND I MISSED IT!!!! I Have been waiting for that freaking movie since the words GIGA CRUSHER! have been spawned from Imperialdramon fighter mode's mouth, and I MISSED IT!?!!?
T-T. wow. thats a real bummer...

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th August 2005, 8:08 AM
You didn't miss it! It's Friday afternoon in the US. Friday, August 5th.

Mirai Mirai
5th August 2005, 8:15 AM
Ah, Digimon. I have so much love for the show.

I'm just wondering what they did with the dubbing of the fourth movie.

Blackjack Gabbiani
5th August 2005, 8:31 AM
Well, given that it's the FOURTH and not the fourth through sixth, it's showing improvement already!

I've always thought the dub voices on Digimon were top-notch.

tmp1114
5th August 2005, 3:53 PM
thousand diaboromon? those show up in digimon movie 2 but thousand of his baby form yes.

snowball
5th August 2005, 4:13 PM
i actually dont think they will make a new series because pokemon is too popular and if they are its a little too late because other shows are already too popular and it wouldnt get that good of ratings i would wacth it but i dont think many others would

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th August 2005, 12:24 AM
...what does the popularity of POKEMON have to do with them making another DIGIMON series?

Chaotic Houndoom
6th August 2005, 12:31 AM
Kazemon = Best. =D Wewt!

Pokegurums
6th August 2005, 12:39 AM
Its so cool at last where I am the 4th digimon movie 2 USA is comming up next on toon disney (after kim possible -_-). Ive been waiting for this movie to be dubed for a long tine. I saw a prieview and its looks good. I'lll tell you all about it 1ce I seen it. :) My favorite seasons are in order. 1 and 2 and 3 I never liked 4 it felt dull and since its a disney property now lost all the appeal it had when it was on fox. (this was before fox box btw.)

Locke Yggdrasill
6th August 2005, 12:43 AM
T-T pokegurums, please tell me it that the kin possible episode is the one where Shego uses the voice changer to change her voice! I will totally spaz if i missed it!

Lil Brother
6th August 2005, 12:45 AM
So, I'm not sure if I follow. Will the movie be shown on Jetix tomorrow?

Pokegurums
6th August 2005, 12:50 AM
No it wont be on jetx on toon disney tomorow but it will be on ABC family same time :) ITS ON NOW watch it on toon disney.

Ok so I dont dubble post an encore is on now if you missed any thing The movie is short only 30min it felt a bit rushed nice to hear most of the firmilar cast vices although they are a bit different. It was nice to finally see the movie in engilish.

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th August 2005, 1:48 AM
I thought it was awesome! A lot of references to the previous movie, including the woman in the grocery store.

I want a Matt keychain...

Bao Zakeruga
6th August 2005, 1:49 AM
That was more like an episode more than a movie.It was WAY too rushed!

Locke Yggdrasill
6th August 2005, 1:53 AM
Though it was alot more like an episod, it had to be the best digimon related thing ive ever seen, minus the season finaly of 02. GIGA CRUSHER!

Pokegurums
6th August 2005, 1:57 AM
(Rant)

I personally hope they put it on dvd or vhs and have the full movie I recall the Japanses version was a lot longer allthough i never got to see it. I did like the references to the 1st movie. Now i wonder if there going to make the next movie. -_- I personally liked the diaboromon movies. The intro to this was neat season 2 2nd half opening gave me fond memories of the old seasons. I just wish it could have been a lot more i think they left out the part where aparkalaimon(sp) was going to blow up the morld i think never saw the jpn version.

Buizeru
6th August 2005, 2:35 AM
UPDATE: Digimon sucks,I had to get up at 6:30 in the god damn morning but the website gave the wrong info and changed it to PM.Then I said "**** this".

Mikeachu
6th August 2005, 2:54 AM
That's a problem with the Digimon movies, their not very long.

Almighty Zard
6th August 2005, 3:32 AM
gotta say it was alright, but while most of the pros were good, andwit the cons were bad some of them were to be expected.
Best Pros.
Omnimon's battle was way better than in the first movie.
Imperialdramon Paladin Mode is awsome.

Worst Cons.
Ammargeddonmon died to quickly.
season 4 music used, almost as if they have completely forgoten what the original themes were like.

Mikeachu
6th August 2005, 4:14 AM
Disney doesn't own the rights to past seasons (I've noticed the same problem with Power Rangers)

Good points:
-Nice to see the old gang again.
-The scenes with the 1 eyed critters were funny.
-The ending credits theme is catchy.
-Mimi was strangely kinda hot (I guess there's a 1st time for everything)

Bad points:
-Different voices for Tai & some digimon
-Sora didn't sound at all like herself (despite the same VA)
-Too short, like all Digimon movies.
-Other season 4 music.
-Ken's smiling was way too creepy. Everyone's acting all determined & serious & the former villain is smirking. He's planning something I tell ya!!!

Yamato-san
6th August 2005, 5:13 AM
as someone who first saw the Japanese version of the 4th movie years ago, let me be the first to tell everyone that they did not cut anything.... well, there might've been a few unnoticeable time cuts, and I'm not including a couple visual edits I noticed, but yeah, the movie was about that short in both countries. Anyway, it was pretty enjoyable. The fact that they kept in the Japanese logo to "Digimon Adventure 02" rather than replace it with the usual American "Digimon: Digital Monsters" logo sure was a shocker to me. There were some things that irked me, though, such as the obvious error of calling Imperialdramon "Imperialdramon Fighter Mode" and so much of the added dialogue kinda got on my nerves (it's been a while since I watched Digimon dubbed, so can I ask if that scene where Angemon and Angewomon argued over the directions was in-character for their dub counterparts? Because I think I recall Patamon and Tailmon/Gatomon always acted rather serious when evolved in either language version). And though it was to be expected, it's a shame they still aren't using the original music, but on the plus side, I found the music made the scene with Joe and the bike all the more hilarious XD. As I said earlier, it's been a friggin long time since I saw any of the Digimon dub, but Joshua Seth's voice isn't one to be easily forgotten, and thus, I couldn't help but notice Tai seemed off. So, you're telling me he was played by another actor? Seriously? They really couldn't get Joshua Seth to make a return? Well that sucks.

Frecyo
6th August 2005, 5:14 AM
Season 2 was my favorite, I freaked when Paildramon was formed, then Imperialdramon.
Then Season 3, I liked the characters for that one best.
Then Season 1, I liked some of them, but it was a bit bland for me.
Season 4 comes last.... wasnt good at all, >.<

Ryusuke Hikari
6th August 2005, 5:48 AM
Ah, yes. Digimon. It's been a veeeeery long time since I watched the dub version and now here I am, watching the 4th movie. I gotta admit, it's pretty enjoyable. ^_^ But, it's too bad that Disney didn't get Joshua Seth in this one. They just hire a new one...Jason (forgot his last name). Me thinks it's because of Duel Masters. <_< It's kinda nice to see the ol' gang again after so long. ^_^ Not to mention, the original (not including some) cast from 2nd arc (season) of Digimon. Althought, Sora did sound a bit wierd. The battles seemed a bit short, but that's pretty common on anime. Paladin Mode was pretty cool. ^^

it's been a while since I watched Digimon dubbed, so can I ask if that scene where Angemon and Angewomon argued over the directions was in-character for their dub counterparts?
It wasn't quite "on-character". More like, "out-of-the-blue". ^_^;

Shigeru-kun
6th August 2005, 6:28 AM
Um...ok. Was anyone else but me VERY disappointed with the soundtrack? << After seeing the Japanese logo I thought there may just be a chance they keep some of the original music...I mean, it's the last time we're gonna see the old crew. But no. Even after the dramatic scene of Daisuke and Ken yelling, they give us this crappy sap music + the messed up Frontier evolution music.

Blah. Target was so much better. T_T The fact Josh didn't return to play his old parts also sucked. Micheal didn't do a horrible job with Taichi, but still...it's just not the same.

Also, was it just me, or did Mimi sound really off in the beginning? Probably because it's been so long to play the character...

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th August 2005, 6:29 AM
Disney doesn't own the rights to past seasons (I've noticed the same problem with Power Rangers)

Yes they do. They just recently showed 01 and 02.

BlueFlameCharizard
6th August 2005, 7:03 AM
I think Tamers was my favorite series, not only did it have my favorite Digimon (Renamon), but I thought the others were interesting as well... I forget the others names though =P

Tamers opening theme, "The Biggest Dream" has to be my favorite Digimon song.

I found that one digievolution had to be the best in Tamers... He looks almost 100% the same, he just gains pants if I recall ( XD!!! )

the main characters seemed interesting as well...

Togemon
6th August 2005, 8:00 AM
One think I didn't like about the movie; Mimi was WAY OOC. Um, what happened to season 2 Mimi?

Also, Philece Sampler was a little off with Mimi in the beginning, which is a little strange, since she uses the Mimi voice in Battle B-Daman.

I loved the Angemon and Angewomon part; it game them more of a personallity.

Sucks that some voices were different, but I was happy Patamon having the season four voice.

And the music was awesome, way better than the old Saban music.

3/5, because of Mimi's OOC, and it was a little rushed.

Silver Fusion
6th August 2005, 10:23 AM
Adventure was good since I liked the characters especially Taichi.

IMO 02 was the worst I mean the first half was like OMG the Digimon Kaizer is making them his slaves. Then the second half with all that stupid Jogress evolution.

I liked Tamers because they were not stuck in a digital world for an entire series. I liked Giulmon and Terriermon as well. Ruki was an awesome tamer IMO but Takato was best since he and Giulmon share a special bond. I didn't mind Matrix Evolution (Biomerge in the dub).

Frontier I dunno it was never aired.

Mirai Mirai
6th August 2005, 4:12 PM
To Togemon:

Mimi was a bit on the overly-hyperactive and annoying. o_o

Citrus Man
6th August 2005, 5:10 PM
Saw the movie, and I gotta say, Armageddemon got owned WAY to quickly. and Tai's voice.. WTF? His VA is like everywhere and Disney couldn't get him for such a simple job?!? This is yet another reason why I hate Disney spawn (except Kingdom Hearts, which Squenix made awesome)

Hidden Mew
6th August 2005, 8:45 PM
After I finished watching the movie, I was overall happy about the whole thing. I thought that it was better than the first set of Digimon movies, mostly because the dialog wasn't full of weird jokes. I liked these characters better and I'm glad that they came back for this movie. I just didn't like two things: Tai's voice was werid and different and that it was too short of a movie. Other than that, I thought the movie was great.

My favorite seasons are a tie between seasons 1 and 2, then 3, and finally 4. The first two seasons really made sense of how everything got started and all the parthner digimon were so cute, especially Veemon. Season 3 was great and I did like how Takto and Guilmon were connected and I like the Matirx DigiVolution.
;181; ;094; ;342; ;087; ;249-d; ;303;

Chaotic Houndoom
6th August 2005, 8:56 PM
Sorry to.. be out of topic from you guys, but.. does anyone know where there's good Kazemon pictures?

Factory Head Noland
6th August 2005, 9:02 PM
I used to love Digimon so much, Digimon 01 and 02 were great but 03 was just bad...

They don't air Digimon in the UK anymore...oh well! Pokemon was always more popular and still is!

Kyuubi-Kun
6th August 2005, 11:09 PM
For anyone who doesn't know Tai's VA in this one, it was Jason Spisak (Kiyo from Zatch Bell, Kaito from Dinozaurs, and Koji from Transformers: Robots in Disguise, and others). Also, Gabumon's VA was definitely not the same guy.

Anyways, after seeing the movie, I thought it was pretty good. There didn't seem to be anything that was cut out. They kept the sounds (like the noise the Digivice makes) and they even kept the Japanese Digimon Adventure 02 logo!! What I really hated was the stupid music used for the Frontier dub, everything I bet was from that dub, even the evolution music. Bah... Save that stuff for the Frontier movie, it doesn't fit with the digital theme, dammit.

Well, all I can say is that I can't wait for the Tamers movies because they're definitely cooler and I hope this time the original dub music from Tamers is used, if not the original Japanese. Curse frontier music!

Pika Hikari KT
7th August 2005, 4:55 PM
Ack; I hated Gabu's new voice. Then again, who didn't?:p Davis' acting=bad. Well, his yell for Veemon was good(Ken's yell sucked), but his "GO~!" did not sound convincing. At all.:@

A couple of the jokes were bad, but I actually giggled at the SPAM mail quote.^_^ And the 'asking for directions' conversation between Angemon and Angewomon was almost priceless. "Men..." You go girl!:D

I thought Gatomon's first line was odd sounding...like the webmistress of Pokémon-Digimon United trying out her Chronos voice!>_<; Not to insult Togepi/Jodie or anything, but that's what it sounded like...Oh, and it was a bad cat pun. I love Tailmon, but Gatomon's used that quote before; it's dead and buried.:@ One more thing--look closely at her tail. Notice anything? Right; her Holy Ring! So there's a plot hole here: How come Veemon and Wormmon(much less Agumon and Gabumon) were able to Jogress Shinka?!:p

Overall, it was pretty good; but let's go on with the Tamers movies!:D 8/10 for Diaboromon's Revenge.

Mirai Mirai
7th August 2005, 10:06 PM
I'm just wondering if they cut out any scenes or edited anything from the original?

Shining Celebi
7th August 2005, 10:13 PM
There was a minor cut involving a close-up of a head being stabbed.

Pika Hikari KT
7th August 2005, 11:54 PM
That would be Diaboromon's head being stabbed by the Omni Sword. They replaced it with a freeze shot of Davis yelling.

Manjoume
8th August 2005, 12:00 AM
Do you have a picture of it? Because I would love to see it. It was an okay movie.

Kyuubi-Kun
9th August 2005, 11:43 PM
I love Tailmon, but Gatomon's used that quote before; it's dead and buried.:@ One more thing--look closely at her tail. Notice anything? Right; her Holy Ring! So there's a plot hole here: How come Veemon and Wormmon(much less Agumon and Gabumon) were able to Jogress Shinka?!:p

Overall, it was pretty good; but let's go on with the Tamers movies!:D 8/10 for Diaboromon's Revenge. The movie takes place after the season 2's fight with MaloMyotismon and Gatomon got her ring back at then end.

Pika Hikari KT
10th August 2005, 2:40 AM
I know that; Gennai gave it back to her since the final evil had been defeated--the partner Digimon didn't need to DNA Digivolve/Jogress Shinka anymore. But the movies aren't canon anyway; I just wanted to point that out.:)

Blackjack Gabbiani
10th August 2005, 5:22 AM
I've heard that every other movie is canon.

But not needing to doesn't mean they won't be able to.

Kyuubi-Kun
11th August 2005, 4:35 AM
The Adventure movies, the second Adventure 02 movie (which came out here a few days back), and I think the second Tamers movie are all in continuity with the anime. The rest aren't.

Kyuukimon
16th August 2005, 3:02 AM
Digimon is a pretty good Anime IMO.The movies are pretty good but short.Makino Ruki is by far my favorite character as well as Makino Ruki x Ryo as my favorite ship.My favorite Digimon would have to be Flamedramon.Digimon ROD was a good move but I liked the first Digimon move a bit better.

InfinityZero
16th August 2005, 1:50 PM
I'm pretty sure theres no official word on the movies being canon, just that some of them could be.
I'd probably go with them not being canon, since most anime movies aren't.

Also, any word on the rest of the Digimon movies being dubbed.

Kyuukimon
16th August 2005, 10:40 PM
I'm pretty sure theres no official word on the movies being canon, just that some of them could be.
I'd probably go with them not being canon, since most anime movies aren't.

Also, any word on the rest of the Digimon movies being dubbed.

I doubt any other movies will be dubbed (at least not for a while) as Japan hasn't even seen Digimon: Revival Of The Ancient Dragon which is the eigth movie (?) as well as not getting Digimon: The Great Trailmon Race which I believe is the seventh.The US may get the first of the third season soon but I highly doubt it.

Shining Celebi
16th August 2005, 11:22 PM
I doubt any other movies will be dubbed (at least not for a while) as Japan hasn't even seen Digimon: Revival Of The Ancient Dragon which is the eigth movie (?) as well as not getting Digimon: The Great Trailmon Race which I believe is the seventh.The US may get the first of the third season soon but I highly doubt it.

Ara? o.o

Japan has seen all eight movies, since they're all from Japan.
1) Digimon Adventure (Digimon: The Movie)
2) Our War Game (Digimon: The Movie)
3) Hurricane Touchdown! / Supreme Evolution! The Golden Digimentals (Digimon: The Movie)
4) Diablomon's Counterattack (Revenge of Diaboromon)
5) The Adventurer's Battle
6) Runaway Digimon Express
7) Revival of the Ancient Digimon
8) Digital Monster X-Evolution

5-7 were dubbed at the same time as 4. We just don't know when they're going to air yet.

Tamer Zack
17th August 2005, 7:35 AM
Sorry to.. be out of topic from you guys, but.. does anyone know where there's good Kazemon pictures?

I'll try to find some screen shots of her later.

http://digitalmonsters.free.fr/images/saison_quatre/digimon/kazemon.jpg

Hothead
17th August 2005, 5:29 PM
the oerder of i think were the best seasons is 3 1 2 4

striker
17th August 2005, 5:35 PM
where and when do they do season 4

miles0624
17th August 2005, 5:36 PM
the order i think they were the best was 1 2 don't know much about 3 but it is third.didn't like four that much so it comes in last.i wish we had the unseable season.

striker
17th August 2005, 5:37 PM
the order i think they were the best was 1 2 don't know much about 3 but it is third.didn't like four that much so it comes in last.i wish we had the unseable season.
when did tey do 4

miles0624
17th August 2005, 5:40 PM
it has been out.there was supposed to be a season where Tia and the others go back to the digtal world.before they meet Cody and them.they just never put it up.

striker
17th August 2005, 5:41 PM
wat where was all this i feel like a outsider now

miles0624
17th August 2005, 5:43 PM
wat where was all this i feel like a outsider now
the fourth season started last year.the unkown season was to come on after the first season.they just skipped over it.

striker
17th August 2005, 5:50 PM
the fourth season started last year.the unkown season was to come on after the first season.they just skipped over it.
wat was the forth season about and where did they do it

miles0624
17th August 2005, 5:52 PM
it is about people turning into digimon and beating people.

striker
17th August 2005, 5:58 PM
wat with the justimon an megagagulman

Super sayain demon
17th August 2005, 11:56 PM
I like digimon but i stop watching it becusce season 4 took i hole dumb out of the digimon legacey !

Here what i think
season 1 : 8/10
season 2: 9/10
Tamers: 10/10
season 4 : 2/10

Saffire Persian
18th August 2005, 2:46 AM
I watched Digimon, liked it. Now that I look back, it wasn't as great as I thought it was when I was a kid, but it was good. Definitely watchable. I especially enjoyed the first season, as it was the first, and the most original. I enjoyed the third, too. And I'm on wobbly terms with the fourth.

Because Neemon is a twit, and in my opinion, the most annoying creature second only to the lovely Zelda fairy we call Navi.

Blackjack Gabbiani
18th August 2005, 3:06 AM
it has been out.there was supposed to be a season where Tia and the others go back to the digtal world.before they meet Cody and them.they just never put it up.

What the heck? Tia? Do you mean Tai?

And there was never any season there, nor was there ever meant to be. The 'flashback' to the events of that were original to the second season, and not of anything that we missed.

Super sayain demon
18th August 2005, 3:00 PM
Season 4 was the wrost anime ever ! Becusce one. No one from season 1,2,3 were in it 2. they don't have there own digimon 3. main hero's suck!

Juputoru
18th August 2005, 4:35 PM
5-7 were dubbed at the same time as 4. We just don't know when they're going to air yet.

According to Toon Zone, (http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=148015) 4 more movies will air in October. I'm not sure which channel they'd be on... *prays for a halfway decent dub*

Blackjack Gabbiani
18th August 2005, 9:55 PM
Season 4 was the wrost anime ever ! Becusce one. No one from season 1,2,3 were in it 2. they don't have there own digimon 3. main hero's suck!

Well, those are certainly some good reasons[/sarcasm]

Super sayain demon
18th August 2005, 11:58 PM
The best season were ! season 3,Season 2 ,season 1,season 4!
Season 4 is just as bad as furit basket , Rama 1/2 , dice!

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th August 2005, 12:03 AM
Rama 1/2? Someone did a Ranma parody with the sun god?

Super sayain demon
19th August 2005, 1:18 AM
I hate rama 1/2 ! but don't change the topic!

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th August 2005, 7:17 AM
What the hell is "Rama 1/2"? Is it anything like "Ranma 1/2"?

If you're going to troll, at least learn to spell.

FusionSonicX
30th October 2005, 11:12 PM
Could anyone here help me? I'm currently working on a fanfic and need to know the names of the kids parents both (01 and 02)? Even if it's the japanesse version. If you know the names please send them to bbubbacump@aol.com or fusionsonicx@bellsouth.net or PM me.

Thanks

DigitalKaede
31st October 2005, 1:48 AM
Thanks a lot for bumping an two-month thread.

*reports*

Nathan Madien
29th November 2005, 12:24 AM
I loved season 1 because I thought it was more creative than Pokemon at the time. Season 2 was even better because it help explain a lot of what was going in the first two seasons (plus Takari didn't hurt). By season 3, my attention to Digimon started to wane considerably. When Leomon got killed off midway, I lost total interest. When season 4 started, I had no interest and didn't watch a wink of it.