PDA

View Full Version : Fan Sprites Rules <-- READ >O!

MS
2nd July 2005, 6:52 AM
FAN ART SPRITES RULES
Merged due to excessive amount of stickies O:

1. Do not ask for Requests in this forum. For that we have FAN ART REQUESTS.

2. Suggestions are allowed but do not make the thread into a Request thread.

3. DO NOT STEAL SPRITES [Look @ Stealing Sprites Info Below for more Info lol]

4. Do NOT post images in .BMP format. Current posts w/ images that are .bmp are allowed just so it doesnt cause trouble for the user. [Look @ Image Format Info Below]

5. No "Team _________" Threads. [Look @ Team ________ Threads Below]

6. No posting single sprite threads. Put your sprites in ONE THREAD. http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=72572

7. No Project Threads. This includes devamps/revamps, game projects, etc. SCROLL DOWN for more info.

CONTEST RULES - by SapphireDewgong

NEW - No extending the CONTEST END DATE which you sent in the Contest Approval PM.

This has just gotten to the point where, well, yes, we need to bring it down on you.

The sprite contests are getting out of hand. Some are successful (which is okay) but some are made by a nameless extra which sits and rots and sinks to the bottom and is nothing but a waste of space. So, I consulted with the proper dudes and dudettes, and this is what we came up with:

From now on, you may only PM a mod if you wish to hold a sprite contest. You must ALSO include a reason, theme, and time limit for the contest in your PM.

There will be no more random and idiotic contests spamming up this forum. None whatsoever without permission. And just to make SURE you got permission, you gotta include, somewhere in the topic/post, which mod approved of your contest. So we know you're not trying to fly under the radar.

Also, if anyone is willing to help with holding an OFFICIAL sprite contest monthly, similar to the one Sandra likes to do in the regular forum, I've gotten one reliable offer already but if you think you're just as trustworthy and want to help, then go ahead and PM me and I'll give you the thumbs up or down. But be warned, you're probably going to be rejected.

Stealing Sprites Info - by Snagger Outlaw

Alright. Following a rash of accused thefts, I'm giving you all a lesson on what's stealing what's not.

You aren't the only one who comes up with mixes. Keep in mind SPPf has over 5,000 members. So if you made a jolteon/flareon hybrid (Like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/SnaggerOutlaw/nonanthrooutlaw.png Without the added stuff) It wouldn't be stealing. If you took my custom sprite (With the hair, robotic arm, and bar code marking) and claimed it as your own, that's stealing

If you report a false theft, it can screw up your entire reputation as a spriter. Look before you leap.

And the excuse "THEY JUST EDITED THE COLOR AND ADDED STUFF OMG!!1" is not an excuse. Sprite thieves usually never take time to upload to their own image hoster or even recolor your sprite. After all, the point is you're so lazy you won't make your own sprite.

More on Stealing Sprites - by DeltaSuicune

The technical definition for the really dense ****tards out there...

Sprite theft includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:

The age old click-and-save, rename, upload, and claiming for your own work.
Someone else obviously made the sprite punk, so it's a matter of being found out or not if you post it elsewhere, and most good spriters are known across the community or have contacts, so don't try your luck.

Modification of someone's sprite and claiming it as your own.
Taking a sprite from somewhere, changing a few things, be it recolour, cut and paste more parts onto it, or whatever, but it's an edit you're doing, not otherwise, and the base sprite creator would be greviously offended at what you've done. Often a simple act of defacing their work since editors often lack the sprite skill to make the spawn product look decent. See above comment on not trying to pull BS on the community.

Using someone else's sprite as a base and saying you made it from scratch.
From scratch means that you started with a blank white canvas, started drawing the outlines with the pencil tool, and did EVERYTHING yourself, NOT using a base of another sprite to assist you, be it flipped, inverted, mangled with scaling tricks, using parts of other sprites, or otherwise using modification techniques, at all! Stop claiming nonsense when you know it's not true, people are smarter than you think.

Listen, it boils down to what the people who made the sprites claim in their Usage/Permission statement(s). Some people like Soara at PokeSho state in their disclaimer that all images on this website are now free images and do not require credit for if used. Just please do my server a favour and do not hotlink. Obviously people can't read that since it's in Japanese, but there are many many many people who use his sprites (I won't mention names). Does he care? No. Do the users care? Obviously no, they stole them to begin with, but were saved by a disclaimer that they couldn't read to begin with.

If it says that the sprite doesn't require credit to the creator if it's used in sprite comics, so be it. If the sprite comic creator chooses to give credit, that's a nice recognition compliment, but is not required.
If the sprite creator says that all sprites used elsewhere require credit but don't need to be asked for usage with permission, so be it. The sprite comic creator is obligated to give credit, and is classed as "theft" if credit is not given.

If the sprite creator says that all sprites are not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission, then so be it. The sprite comic creator is not allowed to use the sprites without asking permission directly to the creator first, and is also required to give credit.

Finitum.

~DS

Image Format Info - by me >>;

As from now on, any picture/sprite with .BMP format are not allowed in sigs/posts. If you have problems saving to another format (.PNG, .JPG, etc.), PM me and I'll be glad to change it. This is was done to help the users who have slow internet connections for loading the forums. .BMPs just make the loading slower.

Team _________ Threads - by SapphireDewgong

No more "Team _____" threads anymore.

My reasoning behind this is that they are pointless. It defies the purpose of the Fan Sprite forum.

WTF? This is not the club forum. If you want to show off a team you personally created (NOT one already made), sure, fine, using sprites.

NOT one people can join.

It totally defeats the purpose of Fan Sprites, which is to showcase the sprites you fused/recolored/created/animated. Does this look like a club forum to you? Do you notice a trend here?

Well, I'm stopping that trend. I dislike it and I'll step in and be the meanie mod just this once.

No more, okay?

Multiple threads for sprites - by SapphireDewgong

Please, from now on, post all your sprites in one thread and do not continually make new threads for every new sprite you make. It's getting somewhat spammy. This only applies to Fan Sprites, however.

kthx.

K o.o READ AND FOLLOW O:.

MS
9th August 2005, 3:01 AM
This has just gotten to as big a deal as the "__________ Team" threads.

NO MORE DEVAMPING/REVAMPING PROJECTS. They are a waste of space, never get finished, get duplicated, etc. No freaking point in them. With this I mean the pokemon sprite ones. NOT the Game Map revampz.

So yeah :]. Read and follow~.

MS

PS : Dragonair says Tikal pwnz these threads k? k

DeltaSuicune
11th August 2005, 10:43 PM
Enough with the crap here, must we continue to add rules like this or do you people not have a thing called common sense and moderation?

First of all, read the description underneath the Fan Sprites, it clearly says that: "Post your Fan Made Sprites Here". This does NOT include all these damn irrelevant game projects that are a compilation of screenshots, sprite requests, and game designer recruitment drives. It's for SHOWCASING YOUR OWN WORK, not hybridizing the production line so you can disguise your diabloical scheme to sideswipe all the sprites possible and run off with them into the night.

Second of all, notice the fact that there's all these bloody projects popping up like mice babies on fertility drugs? I see 4 on the first page alone. First we have to ban all these fan sprite contests a few months ago, next we have to ban devamp/revamp projects because everyone loves to bandwagon on popularity to compensate for their lack of skill, and now we are being forced to ban projects as well? I note most of you even fail to mention what purpose your project is being made for, and that only one hints at the fact that it's a romhack, what are the rest of you doing then, just making a graphical overhaul on a fanfic? Make your own website for that jeebus. I'll say it again if you missed it earlier, this is the Fan Sprites section, not Fan Games section. And for the note, SPP doesn't like fangame projects, so go visit PC where they will love you openly for this.

Another note to you illiterate punks, this is NOT A PLACE TO REQUEST SPRITES FOR YOUR NEFARIOUS DEEDS, THERE'S A LOVELY PLACE CALLED FAN ART REQUESTS JUST ONE CATEGORY UP, USE IT!! Grow up if you need to, the internet isn't a nice place to people who can't read or type properly.

~DS

Verdict pending for the existing projects.

Esperante
12th August 2005, 6:36 PM
You . . . gits. This is totally unfair Me and my team were the first to come up with this whole idea and we had gotten so far. Now we've had to move everything. Your loss.
Dude, your thread had so much spam in it, it's not even funny. >_>

This forum is getting stricter and stricter, making people quit. We're being constricted into a small space full of shades of grey. It's just not fun anymore.
We're strict because the forum is a place to show off your sprites, and people make threads compiling everyone elses? I fail to see how that is strict at all.

This is a Fan sprites forum. Not a Fan Project Forum. If you really needed that project, then just make a forum for it, usuing proboards/whatever. Fan Sprites is for people showing off their sprites in their own threads. Do you really want "_____ Project" as the whole forum? :/ No one was complaining about it before, when we didn't have them. So, stop complaining, and stop crying abotu MS and his "Unfairness."
You win. :D

Medical Meccanica
12th August 2005, 7:05 PM
Yes, I understand where you and the other mods are coming from. But with the banning of everything but displaying and critiquing sprites, it's getting boring.

I suggest having the "Pm approval" rule, but with certain guidlines, like you can only pm your project to a mod if you're going to do something worthwhile with the finished sprites, no game projects, ect.

Ilex
12th August 2005, 7:58 PM
Yes, I understand where you and the other mods are coming from. But with the banning of everything but displaying and critiquing sprites, it's getting boring.

I suggest having the "Pm approval" rule, but with certain guidlines, like you can only pm your project to a mod if you're going to do something worthwhile with the finished sprites, no game projects, ect.

I agree, it should be like contests(which I wouldnt be surprised if they were next to go)were you need to pm a mod for approval.

Silver Fusion
12th August 2005, 7:59 PM
Spallding you don't get it do you? Projects have cluttered this forum so much some spriters packed thier bags and left spriting because we just get replies and our threads were pushed back because people ignored them. Fan Sprites is a forum to show sprites and get comments not join this project.

Medical Meccanica
12th August 2005, 8:00 PM
Will you all just STFU and listen for a moment. Sunburst, you are not god. You don't care about other people's feelings. This thread is like a 'I'm locking everything and don't care what you have to say.' And if you don't mind my project is nearly finished thank you very much. So if you don't like it, fine it's your opinion. But don't take it out on us because you have no right to do that.

Umm... dude. I understand how you feel, but Sunburst is a MOD. M. O. D. Moderator. Blessed with power. They can suggest to the admins to ban you for saying things like that. Tack up a poster of an orange in your room and stab it with a knife for all we care, but don't tell a mod to STFU. Debate, suggest ideas, leave the forum, anything but that.

I'm not sucking up, I'm just beign realistic ._.

Firemaker
12th August 2005, 8:13 PM
I am making a fangame, so where should which forum should they go to now?

Rkkan
13th August 2005, 12:15 AM
uhn... But the Map Project is approved, so.... Mine project of a Fakedex is accepted or not? x_x

Pikafirefight
13th August 2005, 12:16 AM
MS, i told you that they were becoming like the team threads in a PM, you said there was hardly any of them, i was just predicting the future, i was right

fragile_creature
13th August 2005, 12:22 AM
relly because of the new rule, MM and spallding p are gonna be kinda suspended anyway, serebii joe said that (ST*U) was offensive and wasnt taking any abreveations like that

Elementy
13th August 2005, 2:46 AM
Originally Posted by spallding_PP
Will you all just STFU and listen for a moment. Sunburst, you are not god. You don't care about other people's feelings. This thread is like a 'I'm locking everything and don't care what you have to say.' And if you don't mind my project is nearly finished thank you very much. So if you don't like it, fine it's your opinion. But don't take it out on us because you have no right to do that.

Spallding_PP.. Really, come on. The forum's name is FAN SPRITES. Sprites, you see, does not have project anywhere in it. MS is not a god. Nor is he trying to be. Mods are ment to enforce rules so the forums don't get spam filled, and n00b ridden. He's doing his job. If many people were complaining about projects were annloying, and spamming up the forum, a mod is going to see that the spam is killed. The threads were causing too amny off topic, spam posts. Do we really need whole spam threads?

Everyone, just be quiet about the projects. --; They're gone. No amount of pointless whining is going to get them back. Mods won't keep open a person's sprite thread becuase of spam, Mods won't keep projects open becuase of spam.

Medical Meccanica
13th August 2005, 3:12 AM
relly because of the new rule, MM and spallding p are gonna be kinda suspended anyway, serebii joe said that (ST*U) was offensive and wasnt taking any abreveations like that
I didn't tell anyone to STFU, I was reffering to it in my post... is that a crime?

Dr. MECha
16th August 2005, 11:35 PM
I have a question though about the no project rules. Does that mean that we are not allow to post Devamps and Revamps at all, or that all project relating the two should be locked. I also wondering if it was really nessisary to post all your new spritework (or artwork) at the starting post of *your name here* sprite topic for easier veiwing.

Tsubotsubo
17th August 2005, 4:20 AM
Um.. a question.

I know double/triple/etc.-posting is generally hated by all, but is it OK when your post hasn't gotten any replies recently and is drifting toward the third or fourth page?

Also, I don't mean a post with nothing but "*Bump*" or something like that, but an actual update.

TheSlowpoke
17th August 2005, 5:15 AM
I think you can if you have some thing good enougf to post like a new sprit dont post saying
sombody please post some thing...Snif...Sniff :(SARCASTIC VOICE

Post a sprite or pixal art

To me I realy dont think it maters because after awile people stop looking at them cheak mine out for yourself

Tsubotsubo
17th August 2005, 5:33 AM
Heh, yeah.. I wasn't planning on doing the "PLEASE POST SOMEBODY!" thing. I'm not really much of a "obsessed with getting people's attention"-type person, though I do like showing people stuff I made (most of the time).

BucH
25th August 2005, 5:16 AM
I have a single question.

Are tutorials allowed in this forum? I just discovered a new way to make recoloring faster.

Ketsuban
31st August 2005, 2:38 AM
Do not ask for Requests in this forum. For that we have FAN ART REQUESTS.

Except that sprite requests clutter up the fanart request forum and make it impossible to find anything else, which I don't think is fair. I think there should be an official thread in this forum for sprite requests.

Black Marauder
15th January 2006, 3:35 PM
Also, I am just posting here to let you guys know that I am now in charge of holding the Year of [insert year here] Sprite Contest. I got permission from Sapphire Dewgong.

Dragonfree
5th February 2006, 3:42 PM
Okay, guys, there is a sticky thread in the main Fan Art forum (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=10534) that clearly says people shouldn't rate in numbers.

Now, all of you have probably not been looking around in the main Fan Art forum much, but now that the announcement is here, you have no excuse not to read it and do what it says. STOP RATING IN NUMBERS.

And you, spriters? For the love of all things holy, stop ASKING people to rate your sprites out of ten. -.- You're really not helping to discourage it, you know.

Number ratings are spam, okay? Stop doing it.

Guitar dude bill
5th February 2006, 3:46 PM
Are you allowed to do something like "I give your sprite a 10/10 because it has good shading, it looks tidy"? So your still rating it with numbers, but you're saying why you're giving it that.

Magical Trevor
5th February 2006, 5:19 PM
I id rate a few times out of numbers but that was before I saw this so from now on I won'y but please don't ban me for doing it because I havn't seen this

Silon
5th February 2006, 5:37 PM
Uhh. I think that's me. XD --; *stops*

What about if it has a whole bunch of comments & crits then a rating.

+- Example -+
+ Could use some better shading on the left leg and torso
+ I'm very impressed with the base shape and design
+ You matched the colours a little bit weird on the wing
+ Overall, it's around 8/10

-Espacio-
5th February 2006, 8:54 PM
OK, i'm sorry! i've been doing that for about 3 weeks, I wont do it anymore!! :)

Medical Meccanica
5th February 2006, 9:22 PM
I mean, what if you have some crit, then a number rating at the end? Number Ratings aren't good alone, but with good crit, are useful to see where your sprite places.

Veek
5th February 2006, 9:29 PM
Fianlly, this was really starting to bug me. Thanks Dragonfree

Dragonfree
6th February 2006, 12:24 AM
You can put a number rating at the end as long as the review without the number rating would be a perfectly valid post.

Of course, that does leave the question of why you bother putting in a number rating at all, if the post could just as well be without it.

Electabuzz
6th February 2006, 12:59 AM
Finally - thank you.
Something that was bugging me was that having a number, especially if it's inflated and not entirely true, was getting frustrating. Just having a number won't help a spriter, and even so, there is no sprite that can be a 10/10, at least I think so. EVERYTHING can use improvement.

Esperante
6th February 2006, 1:03 AM
If your post has a number rating and is shorter than I line, I will likely delete it. Saying "It's good, but it needs better shading 5/10" is not enough, and is spam as far as I am concerned. If you give a detailed post such as

+ Could use some better shading on the left leg and torso
+ I'm very impressed with the base shape and design
+ You matched the colours a little bit weird on the wing
+ Overall, it's around 8/10

then it's alright. And no, not just one of those bullet points. >_>

miken park
6th February 2006, 8:41 PM
What about spammy coments like I love your sprites! They're the best! ?

~Tagg;195;

Magical Trevor
6th February 2006, 8:44 PM

~Tagg;195;er hello that's pretty much what Dragofree's trying to stop. Everyoe says i love your srites 10/10 you need to have a big sentance why you like them and how they can improve and if it's something like that you can rate them at the end of the sentance bu you can't just say I love them 10/10

miken park
6th February 2006, 9:08 PM
Dude, It's you posting the crappy comments like I love them. Wow they're awesome. Thats what I've been asking about. No offense to you, but I'm fed up with it.

Esperante
7th February 2006, 2:01 AM

~Tagg;195;
Will be destroyed without further consideration as well.

miken park
7th February 2006, 2:08 AM
O.K, Thats good.I was really getting sick of that. It's good that this was put in fan sprites as well then!

ABPikachu
11th March 2006, 4:56 AM
Um... I'm probably gonna get a "no", but can we double-post in our own sprite threads? Because you can on other forums ^^;;

MS
13th March 2006, 3:10 AM
Um... I'm probably gonna get a "no", but can we double-post in our own sprite threads? Because you can on other forums ^^;;

If you have new sprites to post; then yes you may.

NEW RULE REGARDING CONTESTS :

STOP EXTENDING THE END DATE WHICH YOU SENT THE MOD -.-

Aptenodytes
14th March 2006, 5:31 AM
I have a question. Can we start our own sprite thread with only one sprite, or is there a minimum amount of sprites you need before you can start a thread? I've looked at the stickies, but I don't think I saw the answer to this one...

Ilex
14th March 2006, 5:39 AM
I'm pretty sure that there is no limit/requirement to how many sprites you need to post.

Amaisan Axis
14th March 2006, 7:20 AM
Si, there is probably no rule on that, but the more sprites you have, the better of a handle raters can get on how good you are.

mew123
14th March 2006, 2:47 PM
I have a question. To get permission for a sprite contest would we have to pm a mod or do we ask for permission here.

Amaisan Axis
15th March 2006, 1:51 AM
PM Dragonfree.

Kinginsoar
15th April 2006, 9:57 PM
I never knew we were aloud to post here. Shouldn't this be locked?

MS
16th April 2006, 1:13 AM
I never knew we were aloud to post here. Shouldn't this be locked?

Its open for comments/concerns/etc.

Jetx
17th April 2006, 6:52 PM
Sorry if this has been answered. We are allowed to double post with updates, right? Well, are we allowed to triple post etc?

Dragonfree
23rd April 2006, 6:26 PM
-_- It's for replying to threads, duh.

And Jetx, yes, you can triple post.

Kinginsoar
24th April 2006, 2:27 AM
Its open for comments/concerns/etc.
Ok.

If someone says we triple posted or double posted with updates, we won't be banned or warned, right?

Silon
24th April 2006, 3:12 AM
Uh.. --; That was JUST answered.. --;

-Espacio-
25th April 2006, 11:40 PM
If you use the colors on someone else's sprites, is that still stealing??

Silon
26th April 2006, 12:33 AM
... Uh.. why would it be? --; *steals your colors*

Kinginsoar
26th April 2006, 9:41 PM
If you use the colors on someone else's sprites, is that still stealing??
Nope, only if you take the sprite.

Darth_Fruit_Loops
4th May 2006, 8:58 PM
We need to have a forum gallery page for requests that people did for us and make it a gallery so that everyone can view the things other people did

Trooper Guy
5th May 2006, 7:36 PM
Um, question.
Say if i had a normal Spearow sprite, i recoloured it, posted it under *insert pkmn region here _______* with a bunch of others. Would that still be stealing?
Even when posted with my own pokemon sprites?

EDIT: Does anyone even post in this thread anymore?

miken park
20th May 2006, 11:35 AM
No, Becuase we use the game sprites anyway.

.::leeloo::.
21st June 2006, 8:15 AM
i have a question....
if it doesnt belong here then plz say so (at least i didnt start a whole new thread about it)

why dont we have an elite spriters community, kinda like how the PMF forums are set up? and you'd have to get nominated or accepted by the other members to be part of it and display your art in the "SPPF Elite Spriters Gallery"
i love the whole PMF idea. it really separates the newbie/good spriters from the expert spriters. it also gives new spriters something to work towards. (sortof like how some members really work towards being mods or even nominated..... only sort of)
this sounds a bit like a club but belongs in the fan art section too.

btw, here's the PMF link for those of you who don't know what i'm talking about:
http://s6.invisionfree.com/PMF_inc/index.php?act=idx

i wasn't sure where to put suggestions like this in the fan art section so plz forgive me if this is wrong

▼■DoomWing■▼
29th June 2006, 5:31 AM
Im a spriter myself.But i actually disagree with the other spriters.It might be pretty unfair that the projects got closed.Oh well, sucks to be them.Projects are just a waste of time and space.All they do is open up a thread so called "Teh R/B revamp project. :D:D" and in two days, it's all like a ghost town there.I've been in one, and it totally died!Let me say this in a proper way, WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT OF THESE KINDS OF THREADS? It's just a waste of your own bloddy time, mine and everyone else's!What if it doenst even make it that far.One thing though, why did they close the ones that made it that far? That's actually pretty unfair.That's the only point i cant agree with.
-----------------------------------------------
On sprite theft, like XxBandanaboyxX asked, you DO need to give credit if you took custom colours (colours that don't come from the official sprites) suppose like me when i took the colours on his Lance sprite and added it to mine.In one straight way,
YOU DO NEED TO GIVE CREDIT IF YOU TOOK CUSTOM COLOURS OFF OF ANOTHER SPRITERS' SPRITE

Ellie
29th June 2006, 6:41 AM
i have a question....
if it doesnt belong here then plz say so (at least i didnt start a whole new thread about it)

why dont we have an elite spriters community, kinda like how the PMF forums are set up? and you'd have to get nominated or accepted by the other members to be part of it and display your art in the "SPPF Elite Spriters Gallery"
i love the whole PMF idea. it really separates the newbie/good spriters from the expert spriters. it also gives new spriters something to work towards. (sortof like how some members really work towards being mods or even nominated..... only sort of)
this sounds a bit like a club but belongs in the fan art section too.

btw, here's the PMF link for those of you who don't know what i'm talking about:
http://s6.invisionfree.com/PMF_inc/index.php?act=idx

i wasn't sure where to put suggestions like this in the fan art section so plz forgive me if this is wrong
Uh, that's kind of what makes PMF PMF. If you copied that, you'd be copying pretty much their whole forums.

And,Zephyre, no one's even going to notice if you used their volors, and it all depends on who's you using. Personally, I don't care at all if someone uses "my" colors. It's not like you really did much anyways. >>

DarkAbyssWolf
8th July 2006, 6:58 AM
Errrr what the heck is a project? This rule was probaly set before I joined=\

Also is it stealing if you use someone else's Idea like a mix idea?

Ellie
8th July 2006, 6:04 PM
Errrr what the heck is a project? This rule was probaly set before I joined=\

Also is it stealing if you use someone else's Idea like a mix idea?
It's something like "The GSC Revamp Project" or something. Basically, it's a collection of sprites from many different people, for different purposes.

If it's a mix idea, no, because anyone can make any mix. For ideas like Fakemon, original characters/trainers, then, yes, it is considered stealing unless you get the creator's permission.

ΑпGЗ ♠
9th July 2006, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I copyright this pixel of color! >_>
All you have to do is input RBG values.

Ellie
10th July 2006, 6:27 PM
Yeah, I copyright this pixel of color! >_>
All you have to do is input RBG values.
That's like saying "All you need to do to make a scratch sprite is place some pixels." It does take some work to make good colors.

Veggie
18th July 2006, 3:17 PM
Excuse me, but I can't find how to make trainer sprites on the tutorial thread....s. Is there a tutorial for that kind of stuff?

Ellie
19th July 2006, 3:28 AM
Excuse me, but I can't find how to make trainer sprites on the tutorial thread....s. Is there a tutorial for that kind of stuff?
Not a good one that I know of. Things like that you just have to practice at to learn by yourself.

miken park
4th September 2006, 6:52 AM
Theres a tut there now actually

HWarrior
8th September 2006, 12:12 PM
Ive got a question. Ive got a thread where I make maps and routes for the region I made, would I be able to call it a project?

Just to ask

EDIT: BTW Im just doing it by myself.

And I could ask the person who did my banner to make the banner say The Menta Region instead of what it does now.

Ellie
9th September 2006, 12:49 AM
Yeah, you can call it whatever you want as long as you do it yourself. Other people have made "projects" that they did by themselves.

Bitsy
20th October 2006, 2:34 AM
I have ONE thing i wanna post. Its a revamp of the sneasel g/s/c sprite made to look r/s/fr/lg/e ish.

Would I make a new thread and would this be according to the rules or would I never be able to show you it.

There should be a sub forum for revamps to avoid confusion

DarkAbyssWolf
20th October 2006, 2:49 AM
You can post it.It's not a project

ΑпGЗ ♠
1st November 2006, 2:06 AM
Revamps are sprites. >_>

.::leeloo::.
4th November 2006, 5:41 AM
if you're just displaying it then why not stick it in your sig?

nashie1
19th November 2006, 11:06 PM
Maybe it would be a good idea to expand on the project rule. people create these threads for the purpose of getting other people to post their sprites in a certain category. Maybe they don't read the rules or maybe they just need a little more clarification. Then they have no excuse cos they really annoy me when they ask "Show your [insert category of sprite here] sprites!"

.Bright Side.
1st December 2006, 2:21 PM
The rules here have been revamped right?
If so I'll continue reading.