PDA

View Full Version : Chat Server Has Moved!

PiPikachu
5th July 2005, 12:30 AM
Just a message for those of you unaware about the chat server move.

the server is now on Phoenix so update your IRC Client as nessercary or join the Java Chat (http://www.serebii.net/chat.shtml)

Those of you who want to conenct via irc simply type /server irc.default.com

or try the IP addresss /server 72.20.29.139

Cheers

PiP (& RaZoR since Pip still hasn't updated)

Virtual Headache
5th July 2005, 12:46 AM
I got a message about that from a chat admin some time ago.
I have to reg all my nicks again. meh.

RaZoR LeAf
5th July 2005, 1:00 AM
Why the hell has the chat moved server AGAIN, we only just moved to mediadriven.

PiPikachu
5th July 2005, 1:22 AM
Why the hell has the chat moved server AGAIN, we only just moved to mediadriven.

Mediadriven is being mergerd with this new server.

Cheers

Daz

PiPikachu
6th July 2005, 11:02 PM
Ok after some problems have been sorted we've moved back to MediaDriven and i've altered the first post in this thread as nessercary.

Cheers

PiP

Virtual Headache
8th July 2005, 10:56 PM
Ehh, Mediadriven doesn't work?
Where is the chan now?

The new server doesn't work too...

#SPP +
-
#SPP created on Fri Jul 08 22:55:51 2005
-
#SPP unable to join channel (address is banned)

RaZoR LeAf
8th July 2005, 11:06 PM
Yeah the server moved again yesterday, it's just nobody bothered to tell anyone this time around, and nobody has made any effort to do so yet, despite my mentioning it.

It's now on

irc.default.com

but that doesn't seem to work properly, so it's going on the IP address for now

The basic story is, we moved from media Driven to Mirage because Serebii was told MD was closing. A day on Virage, MD hadn't closed, so Joe mkicked everyone, and we all moved back to MD. Next thing you know MD has closed, and there's no announcement of the new change, and everyone is left to their own devices to find out.

MidnightScott
8th July 2005, 11:09 PM
It's still not working......-_-;

I'm using mIRC and it didn't connect to that new server either...

-Scott-;229;

RaZoR LeAf
8th July 2005, 11:28 PM
Then try the java applet on the main site, that's been configured to work. Edward Elric had the same problems I think.

Ninjit
8th July 2005, 11:46 PM
Or just try irc.razorville.co.uk, it redirects you to the default server one...

Renegades
12th July 2005, 8:04 AM
I dunno what fool gave that info out, but mediadriven was never going down. Yeah, this is Renegade. Sorry to see you guys leave MD for Adrian's horrible server, but you guys are always welcome back. All problems have been fixed and necessary firing of staff was done.

*Corrected Typo*

Heracross
12th July 2005, 9:54 AM
None of the servers mentioned in this thread work at all. And the link on the main site fails too. :s

Ninjit
12th July 2005, 11:29 AM
I dunno what fool gave that info out, but mediadriven was never going down. Yeah, this is Renegade. Sorry to see you guys leave MD for Adrian's horrible server, but you guys are always welcome back. All problems have been fixed and necessary firing of staff was done.

*Corrected Typo*

Yeah, I just happened to "Accidently" put in the Mediadriven server name. and It worked!

Oh and Ren, Joe has no intention of moving back to MD:
«Orbitcube» Ah Joe
«Orbitcube» MD Is back
«@Serebii» Orbitcube - you think I care?

Someone Used a global notice and said it would be shutting down cause it wasn't being paid...

Heracross
13th July 2005, 6:23 AM
Well, razorville is working fine now, but it's still odd that it wan't earlier. >_>

Renegades
14th July 2005, 1:39 AM
Yeah I know, I just tried to get on PhoenixIRC right now and it's currently down. So if SPP wants to move back to MD, rest assured things will be better than this dump.

* Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out)
-
* Connect retry #7 irc.razorville.co.uk (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #8 irc.razorville.co.uk (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #9 irc.razorville.co.uk (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #10 irc.razorville.co.uk (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #11 irc.razorville.co.uk (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #12 irc.razorville.co.uk (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #13 irc.razorville.co.uk (6667)
-
-
* Connect retry #14 irc.razorville.co.uk (6667)
Anyone else getting this?

Fox
14th July 2005, 3:32 AM
Too much drama over some damn servers IMO... Ren, perhaps a sincere, public apology is due for all the members of SPP and related SPP member channels is due. Joe, and any other chat member, please don't be stubborn and think about what's best for the chat room. I don't exactly know everyone's feelings about anything, but the insults and stuff have got to stop.

Renegade, insulting the new server isn't helping anything, in fact its fueling anyone's hatred toward your actions.

Anyone else, insulting MediaDriven isn't gonna help either.

IMO, if the new server starts working better and such, then we should just stay there and save on the headache of moving again. If its going to be having these problems consistently in the future, then we should move back to MD IMO. Things can be worked out, its just that everyone needs to cool down and just have fun.

Erik Destler
5th February 2006, 3:42 AM
Yes well, we moved to a new server, which means this topic needs updateage.

irc.dejatoons.net is what I use, there's another, but I don't recall. D: