PDA

View Full Version : The New and Improved Eldershipping topic.

Mysty
5th July 2005, 9:52 PM
Well, Eldershipping has lately been seemingly ignored. So, Let us discuss the great pairing of Oak x Delia. Yukinari x Hanako. Well, you get it.

So, what do you guys findto be the best shipping episode?

Shego
6th July 2005, 5:48 AM
Professor Oak,and Delia might become a great couple.

Mysty
8th July 2005, 9:42 AM
Apparently we have a new hint involving one of the Recent hoso specials, apparently the narrator says a line to the effect of

"and Miss Ketchum thought that Professor Oak's love poem had been for her. Of course, so did Bulbasaur.."

Anybody have anything more on this. I did notice from the ep pictures that there seems to be a couple of dialogues between Oak and Delia

Mysty
30th September 2005, 11:41 AM
It's sad to see my favorite ship so dead.......

kukkyou_ooraka
30th September 2005, 11:43 AM
Eldershipping?..."shivers"...I cant even imagine Oak and Delia....you know. Well, thats all I have to say, wierd kinda interesting ship, I guess. ^^;;

Tifa
30th September 2005, 11:45 AM
Tis a cute ship, but then if they ever got married Ash would be like Garys uncle

STJ
30th September 2005, 11:46 AM
Apparently we have a new hint involving one of the Recent hoso specials, apparently the narrator says a line to the effect of

"and Miss Ketchum thought that Professor Oak's love poem had been for her. Of course, so did Bulbasaur.."

Anybody have anything more on this. I did notice from the ep pictures that there seems to be a couple of dialogues between Oak and Delia

May I ask which Hoso that was?

LOl, so does that mean tha Bulbasuar thought he got a love poem too? XD

Hmm.. Eldershipping is very interesting..

Tifa
30th September 2005, 11:54 AM
I remember that Hoso, but i cant remember the name, the narrator said that at the end of the episode

STJ
30th September 2005, 12:08 PM
Hmm.. Well its interesting nonetheless...

Gigi
1st October 2005, 12:49 AM
Yeah! Eldershipping! :3 Of course, we all know the real reason why they constantly visit eachother. >3 Hanako gets awfully lonely... Hehe...
But then Kenji loves the Professor too...

Blackjack Gabbiani
1st October 2005, 8:16 AM
Well, you know I have to join.

Man...I will never forget when that one writer told me that Oak "takes care of her like a father". A father doesn't get flustered and try to change the subject when asked why he's at the beach with someone he considers his daughter, dammit!

Mysty
5th October 2005, 10:12 AM
Hee! Tis the truth

DragonChaos
5th December 2005, 3:40 AM
A writer said "Oak takes care of her like a father?"

Is it just me, or does that answer seem ambiguous?

There's also the fact that eldershipping has actually become "dub-canon" in one of the episodes. Lol, even the people who dub the show think there is something going on between them. :) The writer didn't come out and blatantly say they don't have feelings for each other... just that he takes care of her like a father. The way I see it, although Oak could still be sort of a "father figure" to Delia, who is to say romantic feelings cannot exist between the two of them?

(In case you didn't know, yes, I am an eldershipping supporter :) )

Mysty
5th December 2005, 4:10 AM
Yay! We are gearing up for a revamp of the shipping! Eldershippers unite once again!

*sings*

Do you hear the people sing
singing the songs of shipping fans
who know that the fandom is coming back
oh, coming back again
when the beating of two hearts
echoes the beating of the other
we will be happy little folks
for a whole new era

Lady Barbara
6th December 2005, 3:51 AM
*pokes head in*

I started to consider Eldershipping way back in 2002 when I started reading fics on FFN by Latonya Wright, the High Priestess of Eldershipping. I liked the pairing, but I'm not so convinced by the theory that Oak is secretly Ash's father. However, I could easily see two neighbors like Samuel and Delia becoming friends and later, more than friends.

I don't know if this is considered a hint or not, but I noticed that in the 3rd movie, there's a photograph taken of Professor Oak, flanked on each side by Delia and Spencer Hale. That told me that Samuel and Delia's relationship (whatever its nature, friendship at that point probably) went back a few years, thus making it easier for me to imagine them falling in love.

I heard Latonya was going to resurrect her Eldershipping site. Is it back yet?

DragonChaos
6th December 2005, 4:08 AM
Yeah... there are just so many hints in the show and everything. You can't really have a scene with Mrs. Ketchum for that long without Prof. Oak showing up. Oh, and also... in one of the previous postings it was mentioned that Oak got all flustered and made an excuse for being with Ash's mom at the beach. If Oak has been taking care of her like a father, why would Ash find it strange that they were together in the first place?

Wind Waker
6th December 2005, 10:57 AM
I was just thinking about this and went to see if they had it. yes!
what else do delia and oak do whena ash is away, plus there single hey?

clown_buggy
11th December 2005, 7:20 AM
Eldershipping's cool. IMO, it's one of the most obvious ships in all of Pokemon. And, yes, I strongly agree with the theory that Professor Oak is Ash's biological father.

So, what do you guys findto be the best shipping episode?
Hmm... I'd have to say "Holiday at Acapulco" :)