PDA

View Full Version : One Piece

Carnifex
15th July 2005, 9:50 PM
I was wondering if anybody else here had read this manga and if you had what you thought of it.

I have read it and i think that its really good.

Sorry if theres already a thread to discuss this manga.

Rex Kamex
19th July 2005, 12:33 AM
Only an Anime Thread, but anyway, I like the manga, too! You can tell that it's real good if it has over 30 volumes. The 38th one got released recently in Japan!

Kecleon Freak
19th July 2005, 6:18 AM
I think it's a great manga/anime. I haven't read the manga in a while, but I watch the anime a lot. Chopper is so cute!

Poison Master
19th July 2005, 6:31 PM
Tony Tony Chopper ^_^

Anyways, I know that volume 7 just came out with 8 out in October and 9 in January ^_^

metal_chimaera
27th July 2005, 11:33 AM
That's my favorite manga actually. Started to read last september... Now I'm at the 27th manga... That's up to where they have published them over here. The next one comes out end of august. Well, to be more precise, I'm up to Skypiea arc.
Anyway, Chopper is so funny, and I love his transformations. But still, Zorro is my fav (probably most peoples too)... Stupid, but cool. Same with Sandy and Luffy. (Yeah I usually use the western translations)

taylor
27th July 2005, 5:47 PM
the manga is good especially the arlong ark,alabasta ark, louge town ark and water 7

Peach
27th July 2005, 6:06 PM
They started to publish One Piece here and I have bought 4 mangas already. And IMO story is kinda good, even though I'm more shoujo/romantic-comedy manga-fan XD

Poison Master
27th July 2005, 6:36 PM
I have managed to convert 3 people today to this great manga from the dub version, (well, its the US version of the manga but still great!)

I also got volume 7 too (I live in the UK) and it's probably my fave one so far

Magi of all
30th July 2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah, One Piece is an awsome manga. I only have volume 1 in graphic noevl but i read most of it in Shonen Jump

The_Darkness_Incarnate
31st July 2005, 12:13 AM
I read the manga up to the third volume and it was pretty good. I was really dissapointed with the anime though...

HK
31st July 2005, 3:03 AM
I was really dissapointed with the anime though...

I'm going to assume that you mean the One Piece Anime Dub by 4Kids, correct? Well, if that is the case, don't base the anime off that. 4Kids ruins anything it touches, and One Piece was definitely not an anime for them.

Anyway, personally my favorite arc, which is currently running in the U.S. Shonen Jump, is the Arlong Arc. It is the first truly, truly good arc of the series, and it really sets up the rest of the story weel, as it is the last "major arc before they reach the Grand Line.

Rex Kamex
16th August 2005, 8:28 PM
Two questions:

1. How many chapters does One Piece have by now? (In the Japanese version so far.)

2. Who is the guy on the bottom right corner of Volume 38 (http://www.s-book.com/plsql/com2_detail?isbn=408873839X)? Not to mention, the person above Luffy...

Poison Master
18th August 2005, 10:29 AM
I think its almost hitting chapter 400 in Japan, not sure

Anyways, I am not sure about that person above Luffy but the other person is called Sogeking, it is really Usopp in disguise tho

Bibi Nefertari
18th August 2005, 10:51 AM
Next chapter out is 378.

The person above Luffy is Kokoro-baba, as they call her, a character introduced in the Water 7 saga, she's OK and gonna help Luffy and the crew. When she appears for the first time, she's taking care of the Puffing Tom, sea-train heading for Water 7... I won't continue though coz I'll reveal everything XD ;)

Rex Kamex
18th August 2005, 2:55 PM
Anyways, I am not sure about that person above Luffy but the other person is called Sogeking, it is really Usopp in disguise tho

That's what I thought, because you can see the resemblence.

Satoshi
18th August 2005, 9:34 PM
One Piece is a good manga. I read it alot in the Shonen Jump magazine.

Tokagero
1st September 2005, 12:59 AM
I follow it in Shonen Jump, too. It's one of my favorites! ^ ^

Rex Kamex
2nd September 2005, 10:59 PM
So does anybody know when Volume 39 will come out in Japan? 'Cause it should be any day now...

ShadowReaper
2nd September 2005, 11:01 PM
One Piece is awesome. I love the Anime but have yet to read the Manga although I heard good things about it. I watch the 4 kids version and personally dont see anything wrong with it.

Skiks
2nd September 2005, 11:04 PM
I am currently catching up to one piece. I'm up to chapter 251. I was kept on the edge of my seat when Luffy started fighting Crocdile, one of the seven pirate Gods. I thought he would never defeat the *******.

Rex Kamex
10th September 2005, 1:22 AM
One Piece is awesome. I love the Anime but have yet to read the Manga although I heard good things about it. I watch the 4 kids version and personally dont see anything wrong with it.

Well, the dub version isn't 100% bad anyway.

Volume 8 of One Piece is coming to America next month, in October. I'm still not sure exactly what day Volume 39 is coming in Japan. It's amazing how many volumes it's gotten. At its rate, it'll beat the amount of volumes Dragon Ball has. (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is quite another story.)

EDIT: By the way, what are all the names of the three great powers that rule the Grand Line? Of course, there's the seven warlords, but has the Japanese One Piece given the other powers' names away by 300+ chapters yet?

Skiks
18th September 2005, 10:54 PM
Well, the dub version isn't 100% bad anyway.

Volume 8 of One Piece is coming to America next month, in October. I'm still not sure exactly what day Volume 39 is coming in Japan. It's amazing how many volumes it's gotten. At its rate, it'll beat the amount of volumes Dragon Ball has. (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is quite another story.)

EDIT: By the way, what are all the names of the three great powers that rule the Grand Line? Of course, there's the seven warlords, but has the Japanese One Piece given the other powers' names away by 300+ chapters yet?
I'm not sure but I belive the second power would be the three best fighters in the navy. I forgot their names though. I'll check later.

Rex Kamex
19th September 2005, 8:18 PM
Never mind about the Volume 39 thing. I found out on the Anime News Network site that it's coming on October 4th.

Poison Master
20th September 2005, 9:55 AM
I think the only names of the 7 Powers that I know of is Crocodile, Mihawk and the guy who gave Bellamy his crew(I think) Theres also a merman one too if I remember correctly

Carnifex
20th September 2005, 5:25 PM
The seven pirate gods are Crocodile (former), Mihawk, Jinbei (merman), Donquixote Doflamingo (guy who gave Bellamy his crew), Bisoromi Bear. Those are all the ones that we know and Crocodile might be replaced by Blackbeard.

Skiks
20th September 2005, 9:25 PM
Don't forget Jonny said that the seven God pirates are only one of the three forces that rule the grandline. As I recall.
Edit: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/revl89/pics/05.jpg
Well main factors but it still comes out the same way.

Poison Master
24th September 2005, 7:58 AM
was that Pic from the Viz Manga?

Bibi Nefertari
24th September 2005, 1:07 PM
Don't forget Jonny said that the seven God pirates are only one of the three forces that rule the grandline. As I recall.
Edit: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/revl89/pics/05.jpg
Well main factors but it still comes out the same way.

Might be nitpicky, but that's Yusaku ;)

Rex Kamex
24th September 2005, 10:09 PM
Might be nitpickier, but you mean Yosaku. But thanks you guys for the names.

Skiks
25th September 2005, 12:52 AM
ee; sorry it been so long since I've read that. Eh can never get their names right. >> That wasn't a viz scan though, it was fan translation.

MugenKeiji
4th October 2005, 6:45 AM
I prefer to call the Shichibukai "The Seven Sea Warriors" or "Warlords" in place of Warriors. It's more accurate, as "Gods" is not in the translation. "Knights" can sort of work too, since "Bu" implies honor or chivalry. "Shichi" means "seven" and "kai" is the secondary way of saying "sea"

Did anyone think about this?

Luffy uses an 'attack' on Crocodile in which he chomps Croc in half. Now, water hardens sand. So does blood. I'm PRETTY sure saliva does the same thing too. Wouldn't Sir Crocodile be DEAD after being chomped by Luffy if he was inside his mouth?

El hariyamer
4th October 2005, 10:08 AM
Maybe Dragon. Does anyone remember Dragon?

Tokagero
5th October 2005, 9:23 PM
Yup, yup! I remember Dragon. I don't know too much about him, but he has the power of wind, right? (Actually, that's all I know...)

Rex Kamex
6th October 2005, 1:15 AM
Well, I thought Volume 39 would've come by now, but I don't have a picture on it. I think Volume 40 will come either in the late November or early December.

Ohtachi
6th October 2005, 2:24 AM
I was wondering if anybody else here had read this manga and if you had what you thought of it.

I have read it and i think that its really good.

Sorry if theres already a thread to discuss this manga.

I LOVE the Manga but HATE the Anime. Luffy sounds like a girl. They seriously need new Voice Actors. Pirates rule!!

Rex Kamex
6th October 2005, 8:26 PM
That is the fault of the dub. It was said earlier that the Japanese version is pretty good.

Ohtachi
6th October 2005, 8:39 PM
Everything Japanese is always better than Everything American. That is why. I wish I was Japanese.

Rex Kamex
7th October 2005, 1:30 AM
No, not everything. When it comes to many dubs, it's best to stick to the Japanese version. Then again, there are still some dubs that are better than the originals.

Anyway, I still don't know what Volume 39 looks like...

Skiks
8th October 2005, 6:31 PM
Everything Japanese is always better than Everything American. That is why. I wish I was Japanese.
Two words Cowboy Bebop. It was handeled way better in english.
Ontopic: I'm still waiting for anything after 381 to be translated. <_<

El hariyamer
11th October 2005, 8:35 AM
It depends on the topic. The Japanese can go much deeper into things, but there are just some things the Americans rule at.

Ohtachi
11th October 2005, 10:34 AM
Yeah. American is the International Sports Champions. Maybe. I think. *Nervous*
Anyways I problaly Buy some more One Piece Mangas soon when I get thhe Money.

Rex Kamex
11th October 2005, 8:31 PM
It depends on the topic. The Japanese can go much deeper into things, but there are just some things the Americans rule at.

Yeah, like having a bigger country, for instance!

Anyway, it's been almost 100 days, and there still hasn't been a Volume 39 yet. When it comes, I'll show a picture from a bookstore site.

Poison Master
11th October 2005, 9:52 PM
volume 39 aint out in Japan yet, although it was due out last week I think, something about being pushed back

Sean_1991
11th October 2005, 10:39 PM
I dont get the point of this show its not very good..and the drawings stink !!..
but thats my opinion

Satoshi
11th October 2005, 10:42 PM
I dont get the point of this show its not very good..and the drawings stink !!..
but thats my opinion
We're not talking about the show, we're talking about the manga. >_>

The point of the story is about a guy named Luffy who wants to be the king of the pirates.

If you don't think its very good, then don't post here. :)

Rex Kamex
11th October 2005, 11:04 PM
Yeah, and along the way he gets some crew mates so he can go to the Grand Line to find the legendary treasure One Piece, which he will collect to become King of the Pirates. All of the storylines within that are just arcs of the places where he ends up stopping by. In the American Shonen Jump currently, the protagonist Luffy tries to get one of his crewmates to come back with him.

volume 39 aint out in Japan yet, although it was due out last week I think, something about being pushed back

I don't see why they would do that because there are way more than enough chapters to fit into the volume.

Skiks
12th October 2005, 2:19 AM
I just noticed two things that usually happens in One Piece. Zoro gets lost and no one ever seems to know who the hell Sanji is.

El hariyamer
17th October 2005, 2:04 PM
Who's Sanji? :)

Megchan
17th October 2005, 3:13 PM
Who's Sanji? :)
Sanji is the ship's cook. And is quite the ladies man. He has blonde hair and can be found smoking most of the time, he also uses his legs to fight.

Ohtachi
17th October 2005, 8:30 PM
Has anyone here played One Piece: Grand Battle? Just curious.

Dogasu
17th October 2005, 9:58 PM
I've played the Japanese versions of Grand Battle 2 (for the PSOne) and 3 (PS2), and they're both great.

I'm not touching the American version with a ten-foot clown pole, though.

Rex Kamex
18th October 2005, 2:29 AM
Yes! I've finally found out when Volume 39 of One Piece is coming out!!!

Okay, while I was looking at a scan from the latest One Piece chapter (Chapter 386- "Zendaimimon" or something like that, I'm not good with making out individual words from the kanji like that), I saw the new date for the 39th volume!

Problem is, the date's November 4th.

Ohtachi
18th October 2005, 10:32 AM
Awesome. Alot of awesome Games and Anime is expected to make it out in November and December. It sux.

TeddiUrsa
18th October 2005, 6:55 PM
I've played the Japanese versions of Grand Battle 2 (for the PSOne) and 3 (PS2), and they're both great.

I'm not touching the American version with a ten-foot clown pole, though.

I wonder..is there a way for european one piece fans to play a not butchered GameCube version of the grand battle game?
The german/italian etc. version of one piece are decent but I bet we are getting an EU version of the us version with all that "chaser" crap....

El hariyamer
20th October 2005, 7:21 AM
I tried the Game Boy Advance One Piece RPG. It's fun. You can switch between characters.

Rex Kamex
30th October 2005, 10:23 PM
One Piece has a new chapter in Weekly Shonen Jump. It is called, Chapter 387- "Gia". I haven't the slightest clue what they mean by that, but oh well.

Volume 39 is coming Friday!:D

HK
30th October 2005, 11:57 PM
Kinda jumping in here, but I just have a question for you all. What arc of One Piece was your personal favorite? I'll reserve mine until a few others answer.

Rex Kamex
31st October 2005, 12:07 AM
Well, I've never read it, but it looks so interesting, I'm gonna do the unpopular act of judging a saga before I get to know it.

The Sky Piea/Pier arc seems pretty cool. I like the scenery.

EDIT:

FINALLY!!! I'VE GOT A PICTURE OF THE 39TH VOLUME!!!

http://www.s-book.com/plsql/com2_detail?isbn=4088738721

kaibachaoschampion
4th November 2005, 9:16 PM
Hmm, I was told by a lot of people that the One Piece manga had already ended in Japan. Is it still going with more chapters? Or are the just late releasing the Graphic novels?

Skiks
4th November 2005, 10:16 PM
It's up to 388 chapters and is in no way ending yet. What gear were they smoking? o.O

Rex Kamex
27th November 2005, 6:55 PM
Apparently Volume 40 of One Piece is coming on December 26. The One Piece 3rd Log thing is coming on the 2nd, and of course, this is in Japan.

Brute Root
27th November 2005, 7:13 PM
Ya mean the manga's or the show? The show is cool dont ya think? OH! do you have the video game ONE PIECE GRAND BATTLE? It's ALOT of fun, even if you not a one piece fan ^_^ ;003;

Rex Kamex
27th November 2005, 8:02 PM
Ya mean the manga's or the show? The show is cool dont ya think? OH! do you have the video game ONE PIECE GRAND BATTLE? It's ALOT of fun, even if you not a one piece fan ^_^ ;003;

The manga. (This is the manga section, anyway.)

Brute Root
27th November 2005, 8:06 PM
OH......i guess i posted in the wrong section then? ;001;

Rex Kamex
22nd December 2005, 9:41 PM
Yeah.

Anyway, I FOUND A PICTURE OF ONE PIECE VOLUME 40! If I'm reading the book cover right, the volume is called "GIA", or "Gear".

Here. (http://books.shueisha.co.jp/CGI/search/syousai_put.cgi?isbn_cd=4-08-874003-3&mode=1)

Ohtachi
22nd December 2005, 9:56 PM
Excellent find. :) Nice cover if you ask me. I wish I has a pen pal in Japan to buy it for me and send it over to me. I would pay the person of course, though.

Skiks
24th December 2005, 8:52 PM
Yes this is great x3! We finally getting Robin's flashback. Next up is the buster call.

Rex Kamex
25th December 2005, 3:59 AM
Yes this is great x3! We finally getting Robin's flashback. Next up is the buster call.

What's going on in that flashback?

Skiks
26th December 2005, 3:10 AM
What's going on in that flashback?
Basically we get to see the CP9 during those time, Robin's mom (poor girl not knowing she just looked at her mom in the face and doesn't know.), and we get to see the buster call next chapter. It also seems we are about to find out why we have 100 years of blank history and why the goverment wants to keep it a secret. Poor Robin though left alone most of the time, hated for her powers, and her only real friends about to die. It's amazing that she was able to gain her archiologist degree at 8 years of age.

Kecleon Freak
26th December 2005, 5:21 AM
I'm enjoying Robin's flashback so far, but I'm really looking foward to the battle against CP9.

RED1992
26th December 2005, 11:13 AM
one piece sucks, the guy who drew it is a failure. he makes everyone's mouths the size of a manhole. plus the anime was even worse than the pokemon anime we have now which is virtually impossible.

Rex Kamex
26th December 2005, 2:21 PM
one piece sucks, the guy who drew it is a failure. he makes everyone's mouths the size of a manhole. plus the anime was even worse than the pokemon anime we have now which is virtually impossible.

Then why did you post here? So the drawings don't look like your typical manga characters, but does that really matter? Besides, apparently the dub is really bad, but I don't really want to get into that because this is the manga discussion.

Anyway, upon furthur inspection of Volume 40, (it's from s-manga official site, by the way) I found out that it has Chapters 378~388. That's 11 chapters! Also, the current chapter, Chapter 394, has a color spread (if that's what you call it), at least in the beginning. I'm very excited about that. (Black-and-white manga really makes you appreciate color.)

Skiks
26th December 2005, 3:39 PM
*looks at his sig*
ummm dbgt is teh stupidest anime ever. i mean it has no plot and too many overpowered people.</raping capital letters yet the statement is highly true>
Idiot frist of all one piece got it's drawing style from the Nightmare Before Christmas. Second if your basing your opinions on dub piece I feel sorry for you. Read the manga and then we will talk. If it sucks so much explain to me why it's so popular.
Anyways the new volume has 11 chapters? o_o Wow I never expected they'd have that many chapters in one volume.

Rex Kamex
26th December 2005, 7:07 PM
It's happened before in a previous volume or few, but I forgot which one/s.

Skiks
26th December 2005, 10:55 PM
It's happened before in a previous volume or few, but I forgot which one/s.
I'm not up to date with the number of chapters volume so this is news to me. Now it's time to start saving up for the next english releases of one piece.

castiboy
1st January 2006, 1:01 AM
hey it's the first time i'll post here, but it's been like a year since i know this manga, i first watched the anime's first season (not english dub :P) then as no more episodes come for the french version, i read the manga! i'm on the 21st volume now, and i can say the last time i liked something this much was dbz.

so yeah you know now, this manga rocks, i don't see why some people don't like it at all :(

Skiks
1st January 2006, 1:28 AM
so yeah you know now, this manga rocks, i don't see why some people don't like it at all :(
Because they hate the art due to it being different. =(
Also The new chapter has the reason why the national goverment wants to keep the 100 years of blank history blank. Seems the world goverment was established right after the blank history so it seems they destroyed an ancient city beforehand. They don't want anyone to know about it. We don't know it's name since they shot the old man talking about it. =( Now Robin revealed that she can read the the polygyphs and she's an archaeologist. So the world goverment has turned their attention to her. The buster call is initiated and we shall see how Robin sank those ships.

HK
1st January 2006, 3:02 AM
While this flashback of Robin's is certainly revealing a few things about the history, which makes me wonder more about the ancient weapons and Gol D. Roger's association with them, and I the only one finding it tiresome that Oda has to constantly torment with these flashbacks? I know that it is the usual way to introduce a new pirate to the Straw Hat crew (which solidifies Franky's spot), but I'm just getting... bored by them.

Whatever, I'm still going to be reading it. Although I'm interested to see what exactly is going to occur after this current arc. Seems like the Straw Hats are going to have the entire government against them.

Skiks
1st January 2006, 3:39 AM
Well I just wanna see the buster call in action. Plus Robins past since it took forever. D= Package deal.

shinyrayquaza
2nd January 2006, 4:01 PM
Speaking of this, i dunno if everybody's heard this already, but usopp's gonna leave the straw hats!!! Later, to save nico robin, he's gonna come back with a creepy mask, a huge stafff/slingshot, ond a cape covering his body. He's gonna call himself the "Sniper King", and everybody's gonna know who he is except luffy and tony tony cfhopper

Yuugis Black Magician
2nd January 2006, 4:19 PM
I've been wondering, just how was Gol D. Roger captured? I've read at wikipedia.org that Whitebeard was the second most powerful pirate, right next to Roger. What if Whitebeard fought Roger and then when he was worn out, Whitebeard sold him out to the Marines/government? I don't know of any other way someone so [alledgedly] powerful could be toppled.

(Note, I've only read up to the near end of the Arlong story arc)

Now that I think about it, Zoro could use some more character development, so far he's not really had any!

Skiks
2nd January 2006, 9:24 PM
Speaking of this, i dunno if everybody's heard this already, but usopp's gonna leave the straw hats!!! Later, to save nico robin, he's gonna come back with a creepy mask, a huge stafff/slingshot, ond a cape covering his body. He's gonna call himself the "Sniper King", and everybody's gonna know who he is except luffy and tony tony cfhopper
Thats what we are disscussing and put that in spoiler tags please. Sogeking>sniperking since it sounds cooler.

I've been wondering, just how was Gol D. Roger captured? I've read at wikipedia.org that Whitebeard was the second most powerful pirate, right next to Roger. What if Whitebeard fought Roger and then when he was worn out, Whitebeard sold him out to the Marines/government? I don't know of any other way someone so [alledgedly] powerful could be toppled.

it's been long since I came here, but as always, you're DAMN RIGHT I can fill this up, and I will...this is my favourite discussion topic, why would the strongest man in the world turn himself in ?!! here comes a bunch of theories :-

first, my favourite, of course many disagree on that, but I'll try to prove it...Gol D.Roger was a pirate, pirates are evil, he was the pirate KING, so I assume that -to get this title- he either did something very evil, or -in O.P measures- acquired the Ancient Treasure that is called One Piece, but now let's go over this treasure once again, it is a PIRATE treasure, so it's not something cute or whatsoever, it was made to grant the strongest pirate this title as the king of sea bandits...and to acquire something that is supposed to be an evil artifact, he's got to do something other than finding it, now that thing varies, maybe it's a sacrifice of companions, which would make sense since no Roger crewmate was introduced to us, he might've killed them to sacrifice thier spirits in exchange for the treasure, now depending on this theory, what could that treasure possibly be, here are some arguable points:

1-an artifact granting life eternally as a haunting sea spirit, so whenever the pirate king dies he shall meet up with his companions and sail eternally through the seas.
2-other than eternal sailing, they might be turned to O.P guardians themselves, which would require beating the previous guardians...this might've caused the death of the crew, each went down with one, while Roger got the treasure after they all passed away.
3-let's say that the treasure was of an evil presense itself, couldn't it have affected the pirates and made them fight among each others to death ?

this explains why he was smiling when he was being excuted, and why he seemed to be happy, he'll live forever with his crew waiting for the strongest crews to fight them.

second, my second favourite, is what if the treasure was actually the power of the devil as a whole, this ancient devil stored his power divided into fruits that grant one power of his once they're eaten, so what if the heritage of the devil was actually the treasure...this would require some sacrifice to acquire ( since devils are bad )...so what if Roger killed his whole crew then acquired the ultimate power, he soon recognizes that he's betrayed everything just to be what he already was, the strongest man in the sea, so he turns himself in to -what he thought to be- the atonement of his crimes.

that explains why he couldn't break free from a merely wooden cuff...it might've had Sea Stone...

third, what if the treasure was like a time void inabling the user to go wherever he wants whenever he wants...this would raise the point that Gol D. Roger, Shanks and Monkey D. Luffy might actually be the same person, he might've been travelling in time just to have fun and see himself growing in different periods, to have endless enemies to fight and -maybe- even fight himself one time....if Luffy and Shanks were him !!

this explains nothing but how twisted the plot would be if it was true...

so I'll wait for replies...hope someone makes a better point !! ^___________^;

Here are some theory's someone else had on the subject.

Kecleon Freak
3rd January 2006, 1:02 AM
I highly doubt Oda would do that. OP has never been about spirits or mystical stuff. And time travel isn't something I think he would do either, but I also doubted the existance of cyborgs in OP, but that happened, so I could be wrong. I also doubt the "ultimate power" theory. My guess is it has something to do with the ancient kingdom and the ancient weapons.

Here's one of my theories. I think Dragon is Luffy's father.

1. His first words were something like "So..a pirate. Good." as if he were remarking on how Luffy has become a pirate.

2. He saves Luffy. Obviously he had a reason for doing so, more than if Luffy was some random person.

3. Luffy never sees him. What would happen if he did? I think Dragon didn't let Luffy see him because Luffy would have recognized him as his father.

Anyway, that's my theory.

Skiks
3rd January 2006, 2:08 AM
I highly doubt Oda would do that. OP has never been about spirits or mystical stuff. And time travel isn't something I think he would do either, but I also doubted the existance of cyborgs in OP, but that happened, so I could be wrong. I also doubt the "ultimate power" theory. My guess is it has something to do with the ancient kingdom and the ancient weapons.

My theory is that Gold Roger end his life in a way that a pirate king deserves, like a warrior who should die in the battle feild, the pirate king should die a remarkable death that stuns his enemies (the marines). That is maybe the reason he surrenedered. Either that or to save his crew from being captured by the navy. Either one could have given him the smile he had on his face when he was about to die.

Yuugis Black Magician
4th January 2006, 12:49 AM
That Dragon theory sounds nice, although I've not yet seen what Dragon looks like *coughshowmeapicturecough* and didn't Dragon also once say it was Luffy's destiny to become the King of the Pirates?

It's been hard doing my research on OP, mainly using wikipedia.org, but I've found it pretty cool, espicially how it is all set up and stuff.

Kecleon Freak
4th January 2006, 2:17 AM
Dragon is the guy who saves Luffy from Smoker in Loguetown. He wears a green cloak and has a crazy tattoo on his face.(don't have any pics now). He has not appeared again, but has been mentioned at the World Government meeting as being a dangerous revolutionary. It is also speculated that he has control of wind or weather, perhaps by means of a Devil Fruit, as a strange green wind appeared following Dragon's appearance. Some also speculate that he saved Luffy from being executed by Buggy by creating the storm.

As to Luffy's destiny, I know that it was mentioned that it was Luffy's destiny to become a pirate, but I don't remember who said it. It wasn't Dragon though, as he's made no further appearances since Loguetown.

Rex Kamex
16th January 2006, 6:03 PM
I just thought of something.

Have they gone to the "All Blue" yet in Japan? If not, then maybe the "All Blue" is the place that has Jimbei and the other fishman. Also, did Arlong ever say why he split up with the fishman crew? Just something to think about.

Kecleon Freak
17th January 2006, 1:33 AM
I believe Arlong was put in charge of the crew after Jinbei became a Shichibukai, because you have to leave your crew to work for the government. And no, they haven't gone to All Blue. Interesting theory, though.

Rex Kamex
23rd January 2006, 2:03 PM
Chapter 396 is out in Weekly Shonen Jump No.9, and it is called "Sauro". The preview for the next chapter includes the "Buster Call". It says...

"BASUTAA KOORU! Soshite, OHARA wa [KANJI][KANJI] ...!?"

I can't read what the last two kanji say.

MarcmenX
28th January 2006, 4:38 AM

(Note, I've only read up to the near end of the Arlong story arc)

Now that I think about it, Zoro could use some more character development, so far he's not really had any!

I have a theory about that... Maybe when Gold D. Roger became the richest and most powerful man in the world, after awhile he realized he had already accomplished all his goals, and he saw no point to continue living. So he hid his treasure, let himself be captured, told everyone he hid his treasure, and then let himself be killed.

The man died with a big smile becuase he had no regrets, he had already done everything he had too, so he felt it was his time

*shrug* that's what I think

Kecleon Freak
28th January 2006, 3:54 PM
That's probably it, but we now know Roger wasn't the only person with a D to die smiling, now that the latest chapter has arrived.

Poison Master
2nd February 2006, 9:50 PM
Also, anyone caught the new chapter?

Crocodile and Das Bonez are shown not to be dead, We finish Robin's flashback, and Young Robin is very very very hot (I think she's about 17 in the pic)

Kecleon Freak
2nd February 2006, 11:43 PM
I saw some pics of it. Kinda odd seeing Crocodile with 2 hands. Guess he was faking it all along. I can't wait for the battle against CP9.

shinyrayquaza
5th February 2006, 10:27 PM
Nice theory about dragon, but i have an even more far fetched theory 2 add 2 that one!!! listen to this. i think dragon is Gol.d Roger. if you look, you can see the resemblence in the hair. All 3 have the same middle initial (Monkey D. luffy, Gol D. Roger, Portgas D. Ace), and I think that some how, he is posessed by some sort of devil fruit (Chop-Chop, maybe? That would definitely let him cheat death my beheading) and took on the alias of dragon. (I'm still thinking about this one, tell me what u think!)

Kecleon Freak
5th February 2006, 10:45 PM
If that were true, Roger would have not died when he was supposed to. How would he be alive if all those people saw his execution? Well, I personally believe he's dead as dead can be.

My theory about the D comes from the story of the ancient kingdom that was defeated by the world government. I believe the D's are a lineage that comes from the kingdom, and judging by what Aokiji said about Luffy's grandfather giving him trouble in the past, I believe that Sauro is Luffy's grandpa. There is also a theory out there that says that Dragon's real name might be D. Ragon, thus connecting him to Luffy in the way I described. It's also possible that Roger was Luffy's grandpa, heck, they could both be his grandpas. What I'm not sure of is where Blackbeard fits into all this.

Skiks
6th February 2006, 12:05 AM
So who else enjoyed the scene where Ussop burned down the flag of the federation of the 170 countries? His new Slingshot "Kabuto" has amazing power.

Kecleon Freak
6th February 2006, 12:21 AM
I did! It's been speculated that Kabuto uses dials somehow. BTW, who do you all think will fight in he upcoming battle? I think...

Luffy vs. Lucci (This one should be obvious)
Sogeking vs. Kaku (Long nose vs. Long nose, plus revenge for destroying Merry)
Zoro vs. Jabura
Chopper vs. Fukurou
Nami vs. Califa
Sanji vs. Kumadori
Franky vs. Spandam (although it doesn't seem like Spandam is much of a fighter)

Yuugis Black Magician
8th February 2006, 8:47 PM
D. Ragon, I like. But what I like even more is Dragon = Roger. Think about it, from what I saw during a quick glimpse of Dragon during Roguetown (sounds a lot more OP-ish) the two look a lot alike. Maybe when Roger was investigating the 100 missing years (wasn't he? Or am I confused with someone else) he found a way to cheat death (which would be another reason the government it covering it up). On his journeys around the world I wouldn't be surprised if Roger found his own Devil Fruit, but alas I know very little.

What really intreests me is the ranking system of the Naval-Marines. I wonder though, what really happened during these missing 100 years of history and what the relationship between the Admirals are, and just what the heck is the Buster Call?

Skiks
8th February 2006, 9:10 PM
What really intreests me is the ranking system of the Naval-Marines. I wonder though, what really happened during these missing 100 years of history and what the relationship between the Admirals are, and just what the heck is the Buster Call?
We just saw the buster call in the new chapters. o_o The Archaeologist speculate that the missing years of history were about a nation that was taken down by the new government. It must be true since the government official got angry at him.

Kecleon Freak
15th February 2006, 5:42 PM
Chapter 400 spoilers are out, and we have some confirmed CP9 battle matchups.

Zoro vs. Kaku
Sogeking vs. Jabura
Sanji vs. Califa
Franky vs. Fukurou
Nami vs. Kumadori

And Spandam has a sword that ate an elephant devil fruit apparently.

MarcmenX
19th February 2006, 10:01 AM
YES! I KNEW ZORO WAS GOING TO FIGHT KAKU! AND I KNEW SANJI AND CALIFA WERE GOING TO FIGHT! I KNEW I COULD TRUST MY GUT! HAHA!

It's going to be odd seeing Sanji fight a girl... I mean, you know how he got with Bon Clay when ever he turned into Nami, the only difference here is that Califa is a girl 24/7...

Or maybe... she's a man! XD

and after Kaku stabbed his finger into Zoro, it was obvious those 2 would fight!

Kecleon Freak
19th February 2006, 5:02 PM
I too am wondering how Sanji is going to fight a woman. It's against his code. My take on the matchups:

Zoro vs. Kaku: Well, Kaku is kind of a swordsman, and they did fight briefly in W7. Zoro was already outmatched against Rokushiki, and now Kaku has a Devil Fruit. I'm looking foward to this battle, Zoro's bound to have some new techniques.

Sanji vs. Califa: This one is going to be difficult.Unless Califa ate a man-man fruit or an ugly-ugly fruit (like the reverse of Alvida's fruit) it's going to be quite hard for our favorite love cook. But hey, he's already violated his rule of never using his hands in this arc, so we'll see how it all plays out.

Sogeking vs. Jabura: Not really that surprised. This arc has revolved a lot around Usopp and now he gets to fight the third strongest. I bet we'll be seeing plenty of new tricks form his new Kabuto weapon.

Franky vs. Fukurou: This one came out of nowhere. I wonder what happens if Franky runs out of fuel during the battle...

Nami vs. Kumadori: Well, staff-user against staff-user, I'm eager to see what the new Climatact can do.

Luffy vs. Lucci: While not confirmed, this is the obvious matchup. This is the one I really can't wait for.

Don't know where Chopper fits into all this, but I'm betting he'll fight Spandam and Funkfried.

MarcmenX
24th February 2006, 4:44 AM
Franky vs. Fukurou: This one came out of nowhere. I wonder what happens if Franky runs out of fuel during the battle...

My guess is chopper will come to save him when he runs out of fuel and starts getting pwned, or pulls off one final speical emergency move he can do when he runs out of fuel...

or Chopper will just be aroud to heal every one after the big battle...

I just can't see Chopper fighting Spandam, but with Oda you never know >.>

Kecleon Freak
24th February 2006, 4:50 AM
Spoilers for Chapter 401 have been leaked, and Kaku's devil fruit is... A GIRAFFE fruit! And it looks like Zoro and Sogeking are fighting Jabura and Kaku in the same room. Also as suspected, Jabura's fruit is the Inu Inu fruit Model Wolf.

I suspected that Chopper would fight Spandam because he has noone to fight and they wouldn't give Spandam's sword a devil fruit for nothing.

Rex Kamex
18th March 2006, 11:23 PM
It hasn't been an entire month yet, so...

Isn't Spandam the big boss of this arc or something? So, naturally Luffy has to fight Spandam or things wouldn't make sense. Also, it doesn't looklike there will be a new One Piece chapter next week.

Kecleon Freak
19th March 2006, 1:23 AM
Spandam is the leader, but he isn't the strongest. (Lucci's douriki is 4000 and Spandam's is 5) He was probably given the position for his tactical skills and leadership. If Luffy fought Spandam instead of Lucci, it would be insanely easy and anticlimactic. Besides, who says Luffy always has to fight the leader? Luffy should fight the strongest fighter. Of course, he could fight Spandam after he defeats Lucci, they are in the same room after all.

ZGDK
19th March 2006, 12:24 PM
I just read Volume One and I love it. I'm hoping to get Vol. 2 soon. Ax-Hand Morgan>You

Mr. Toto
24th March 2006, 2:39 AM
Gear Third really looks funny. I've gotta say, I can't wait to see that one animated.

Megchan
24th March 2006, 2:43 AM
Gear Third really looks funny. I've gotta say, I can't wait to see that one animated.
>.> That's a spoiler, so you should probably cover it.

Skiks
24th March 2006, 3:08 AM
I believe that Gear three is chibi luffy and not a side effect. Why? Because if you pressure something rubber hard enough it will gain a lot of kinetic energy. So I say chibi luffy is just luffy preassuring his body too the max to bring out the strongest blows.
Random thought. ;x

Kecleon Freak
25th March 2006, 2:12 AM
I hope Chibi-Luffy reappears in the upcoming battle. He was cute and hilarious at the same time. Hopefully we'll learn just what these Gears are in due time.

In other news, Chapter 405 is out, and Franky's battle isn't over yet. I predict 1 more chapter for his battle and maybe 1 more for Chopper's, then Nami's, and finally Soge/Zoro vs. Jabuwolf and Kakuraffe.

Rex Kamex
29th March 2006, 4:11 PM
Volume 41 is going to be out in Japan very soon! Here is a picture of it:

http://www.s-book.com/plsql/com2_detail?isbn=4088740475

I personally like this cover, but I won't go into details of it because you should see it for yourself.

Kecleon Freak
29th March 2006, 4:38 PM
Nice cover, but I didn't expect it to be red, seeing as how Robin's color has always been purple. Sogeking and Luffy back to back is pretty cool, and I love how Robin is doing the Dereshi smile.