PDA

View Full Version : Your rivals name.

Pages : [1] 2

CharizardMaster
19th July 2005, 8:59 PM
I don't see a thread like this within the past month. So what did you name you rival, I named him "???"!!

Randolph
19th July 2005, 9:12 PM
I did that once... last week I played Gold for the 1st time in years and named him Miror B.

SammoLaw
19th July 2005, 10:05 PM
When I first played I also named him ???. But now I've named him Silver - extremely original.

Darkeggy
19th July 2005, 10:10 PM
a.sshat is his name, being a dick is his game.

NFreak
19th July 2005, 10:10 PM
Well, after getting into an argument at school, I named the rival after the guy I was arguing with. Not a good way of revenge, but it's funny beating him every time!

Kaiiru
19th July 2005, 10:15 PM
Eh, I named my rival various things, like 'I suck' and 'Toaster' and 'Idiot' and 'Riku' (XD) and other curse words.

Anton
19th July 2005, 10:17 PM
my rival is liam lol

shadowlink
20th July 2005, 12:17 AM
Silver...after the manga.

Locke Yggdrasill
20th July 2005, 12:18 AM
I named him ??? ^_^

Northern Winds
20th July 2005, 7:04 AM
My crystal version was a gift. So, since I named the main character after myself, I named the rival after the nice guy who gave it to me. So now I actually look forward to running into him.

Smarty_Arty
20th July 2005, 9:47 AM
I named him spoony :D got the idea while playing FF 4 ''you spoony bard'' ^_^.

shinobi
20th July 2005, 10:17 AM
i called him 'gay' once, and when i battled someone at the lake of rage they said "i battled some gay guy"

indigestible_wad
20th July 2005, 8:27 PM
Supposedly his name is actually Tyler, atleast from what I've heard, but really it's all up to you.

Anikin
20th July 2005, 10:48 PM
Well I just call him jhosua, its a pretty cool name to me but once I cald him AAAAAA, I hear laughs out there .

TTar-X
21st July 2005, 8:02 AM
I named him in my crystal version KILLJOY;which i think is self-explanatory of his personality. But i must say i like the guy who called his rival gay and then what the guy said at Lake of Rage; that made me laf cuz it wuz so funny.

Moonlight
21st July 2005, 12:30 PM
Once I named him Cow.

Anikin
21st July 2005, 1:37 PM
Cow thats realy funny Moonlight.

armaldo
21st July 2005, 1:39 PM
I was younger when i did this, but I named him poop

ShigeHiro
22nd July 2005, 4:16 AM
So what did you name you rival, I named him "???"!!
So did I.. It was the first Pokemon Game I had ever played where you actually named the rival, and when he said " My name is ???" I thought I was supposed to remember that and report it to the police. - _ -U

My little brother named him Kevin, then Mageram. Which he pronounces Mag-er-rram with North Carolinian accent.. Don't know why though.

torkip
22nd July 2005, 5:04 AM
I named it Jack in my gold then my sister named it ??? in her silver

SeanLuigi
22nd July 2005, 2:09 PM
I named mine Shawn.Its nearly simmilar to my name!Sean!XD!Well there was a time I made his name from foul languages so dat I can have fun.

bulma hater
22nd July 2005, 7:40 PM
I always name myself Vegeta (or Estrella if I was a girl) and named my rival Kakarot or Goku. How I hate him (no offense Goku fans).

But one time I named him "A loser"

"A loser would like to battle!!"

;151;

Kirbymania123
23rd July 2005, 7:01 PM
I always name myself Vegeta (or Estrella if I was a girl) and named my rival Kakarot or Goku. How I hate him (no offense Goku fans).

But one time I named him "A loser"

"A loser would like to battle!!"

;151;

That is really funny! I named my rival "Dorky" It was funny hearing someone say " I fought this dorky guy"

MaskedManAbsolkid
23rd July 2005, 7:16 PM
I called him Stupid, but when I fought him at the Pokemon League building, his name was Sbupid!

Genkai5000
26th July 2005, 8:59 PM
Hmm...I forgot what I named him..Although I know for a fact that my sister named her's "EvilGuy" (So funny, I could never forget that). I haven't played my Silver in such a long time. It's great and I love it, although I never get the days right and I don't know what his name is...>.< Same thing in my Crystal. I mean, I use to name my rival just a random name.

Elastiviolet
26th July 2005, 9:31 PM
I once named my rival Rival(how original...[/sarcasm], once I named him Aeiou(I was really bored), and currently, his name is...uh....Jughead. Don't ask me why I called him that, it was the first thing that popped into my head!

Mewtwo's Guardian Demon
27th July 2005, 3:54 AM
In my Silver, I named my rival "Giovani" (misspelled name of "Giovanni") for fun and I mostly think the character Giovanni is a buttwipe!

In Crystal, I named him "HHH", as of the arrogant wrestler, Triple H.

~MGD. ;150;

taylor
27th July 2005, 4:01 AM
when I rented crystal I named him cruddy

Chilled2m7
27th July 2005, 6:14 AM
i called him 'gay' once, and when i battled someone at the lake of rage they said "i battled some gay guy"
ROFL!!!!!
Hahaha that is absolutely the funniest thing I have heard on these forums in awhile!

I named my rival ??? simply because I thought when the cop asked you "what was his name again" you had to put exactely what you saw the first time you battled him.
It actually worked for the best cuz my rival always seemed mysterious

Sike Saner
27th July 2005, 7:20 AM
Well, in...Silver I believe it was, I named him Cliff after Cliff Burton (late bassist of Metallica - R.I.P. Cliff...), due to the long red hair. In one of the other versions, however (Crystal, now that I think of it), I named him Elohssa...Think about that a second...Yeah. Well, he was one! (Oh, the rival, obviously, not Cliff! Cliff was a decent guy. :D )

Vermillion Genocide
29th July 2005, 12:53 AM
[I]Well. I usually name my character after the game version. Or 'Genesis'. So therefore. I always give my rival the coresponding name. So If my name was Red. My rival would be Blue. If it was Genesis my rival would be Apoc.

Yayoi
29th July 2005, 1:15 AM
Kamon. Real original. :>

Apocalypse
29th July 2005, 1:31 AM
My rivals name is the opposite of the games colour version.
Eg.
Red version: Red - Blue

Dr Kayden
29th July 2005, 2:10 AM
Meh.
I named mine after my brother, Kody.
He's one of the toughest opponets I've ever had a link battle against. So I decided, meh, why not?
-The doc, signing out. ;158;

Flygonzilla
29th July 2005, 5:36 AM
I once named mine 'acorn' or something like that, because i thought he was going to be the same as the rival from RBY (who was oak's grandson).

and once, i told my cousin to name her rival ??? because thats what he called himself. next time she started the game, my cousin gave him my name in revenge.

Vayne
29th July 2005, 8:44 AM

LOL LOL LOL

Elastiviolet
29th July 2005, 8:35 PM
I once named him Idiotic. "I battled some Idiotic guy..." It was funny.

wobbanut
30th July 2005, 1:29 AM
Since my rival looks like no one from the anime (I named my LG rival Gary for VERY OBVIOUS reasons), I named my Crystal rival Baron. It sounded like a good strong name, and it really fits. :)

Satoshi
30th July 2005, 2:06 AM
In crystal and gold I named him silver and in silver I named him ???.

Hyper Chibi Absol
30th July 2005, 2:09 AM
I call him Ray, but sometimes when I let my little sis name him she calls him Poopy! XD

xXFallenButterflyXx
30th July 2005, 2:37 AM
I named him ??? -__-U

Kthleen
30th July 2005, 2:53 AM
In Gold, I named my rival Battle. The story of how that came to be:

My character's name is McKinna, which is how McCionnaith is pronounced. McCionnaith is a character who currently resides in my head, as I don't draw all that well (read: I'm too lazy, but I wanted to make a manga! http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_crying.gif), and I'm too lazy to write/type the story out (and I think it won't go as planned. I'm the eternal optimist...). Now McCionnaith has never been a fan of Pokémon battling. But one day (shoot, why am I giving this out?), he gets burglarized and beat up, and one kid helps him out. The kid gives him some of his extra Pokéballs, tells him to catch some Pokémon for protection in these troubled times, and runs back home. He catches a half-dead shiny Sentret (McC had always heard that a Pokémon must be beat up before capturing, and she was being thrashed by other Sentret who were superstitiously afraid of her for being shiny when he finds her/them), finds that she won't fight (or do much beyond mope) for quite a while yet, then catches a (male) Shroomish (McC gets paralyzed and poisoned in the process [he fought him himself], and stays where he is [uncomfortably at the base of a tree] for the night :B). He still won't really use them for battle, unless they insist and he doesn't have a less painful alternative. So he's fighting a valiant, if losing, battle not to fight using his Pokémon. That's why I named the rival Battle.

Shiny Nidorina
30th July 2005, 3:26 AM
When I first played Silver, and my Rival said his name was "???", I told the police officer his name was ???. XD I was really young then, however. Now, when I play it, I name my Rival Max. Don't ask why...I really don't know. It just fits, somehow.

Nidogod
30th July 2005, 3:41 AM
I remember once I named him something really funny, but I can't remember what it was X_X. Once he was Damien, because I thought it sounded sinister, but for the last year or two he's been the opposite of whatever version I'm playing.

F-Zero Addict
30th July 2005, 3:35 PM
I named my rival... Poohead!
I was gonna call it a bad word but then I would not be able to play it.

Incrediboy
30th July 2005, 6:14 PM
I just give him the name of my worst enemy. Steven, Karl.. they've both graced the name of that red-haired *****hole.

Hitomi
1st August 2005, 4:45 AM
I named my rival on crystal Ricardo.

Radical Edward
1st August 2005, 5:15 AM
Jerk.........

Neo charizard10
1st August 2005, 5:18 AM
I named my gold rival and crystal Kamon, which just about alot of people from different forums call him.

Protoman.EXE
1st August 2005, 4:12 PM
Mine is named BattleAss!xD

Gumbyx84
1st August 2005, 5:41 PM
I named my Crystal Rival Heero. Wanted a nice name for him since I am writting a Fan Fic passed on the game itself.

Dragon trainer
1st August 2005, 6:00 PM
i nicknamed my rival on crystal tre. after the drumer in greenday

Cruxis
1st August 2005, 6:48 PM
I don't see a thread like this within the past month. So what did you name you rival, I named him "???"!!

i named him ??? too!:D

BadWolf
1st August 2005, 10:29 PM
Why not name your rival:
1: Fat
2: Ugly
3: Stupid
4: Lazy
5: Dead
6: Dying
7: Annoying
8: Evil
9: Weird

Think about it...

Lake of Rage:
"I battled some * guy"

(Replace * with one of the names above)

LOL!

shadowlink
1st August 2005, 11:12 PM
Protoman, if you lie, learn to conceal it. Battle*** doesn't fit into the character limit. Annoying doesn't either, btw.

T.Z
1st August 2005, 11:16 PM
^ That was a pretty long name for a rival :D, just kidding.

I usually name my rivals Fred because there is one guy named Fred that I hate.

Waffles
1st August 2005, 11:27 PM
I named him Fatty! And I also did ???.

salamence373
1st August 2005, 11:57 PM
I named him "Your Mom" (seriously) and when I restarted my game, I named him Ash because I don't like ash that much.

CharizardMaster
2nd August 2005, 6:08 AM
Why not name your rival:
1: Fat
2: Ugly
3: Stupid
4: Lazy
5: Dead
6: Dying
7: Annoying
8: Evil
9: Weird

Think about it...

Lake of Rage:
"I battled some * guy"

(Replace * with one of the names above)

LOL!
LOL indeed!!! I think I named him bummer on crystal.

Firebird306
2nd August 2005, 10:23 AM
Bad Guy. XD! I was so ridiculous back then.

Flamethrower Charizard
2nd August 2005, 10:36 AM
I named him ???, what? He said it himself!

Peach
2nd August 2005, 11:49 AM
I named him as Silver XD

Hoshika
2nd August 2005, 12:10 PM
In Crystal, I named him Drew (I was named Drusilla)

Blastoise King
2nd August 2005, 2:26 PM
i named him Joey after one of my best friends.

upsy-daisy
2nd August 2005, 9:40 PM
i named him helmer after my fatass friend and i also named him *** face lol

SKYUPPERCUT60
2nd August 2005, 11:01 PM
Silver- ??? lol
Gold- Hojo

Mudkip3
3rd August 2005, 5:12 AM
For me, my Silver was ??? and my Crystal was Samuel (It was the first thing that popped in my head when I looked at him) and in my sister's Gold I think she named him Cutie!!.

PokemonGirlMaster
3rd August 2005, 5:19 AM
I named it Yu-Gi in Gold. And Reddy in Crystal(because i let my friend borrow it).

Kyaku
19th August 2005, 3:08 PM
On my Friend's Crystal that I'm borrowing I named him Leon.Why?Because Leon is Spikey's evil cousin.(I don't have a cousin named Leon)And my name is Spikey in Crystal.

Magneto
19th August 2005, 4:00 PM
I named him 'wanker'

Dark Pheonix
19th August 2005, 4:43 PM
i started new game on my friends game and called him cheese off the cartoon fosters home for imaginary friends

Luxuria
19th August 2005, 4:58 PM
Someone gave me their silver and the rival was named dildo and in my blue wich was also given to me by someone a*****e. to much cursing :@

Twitch
19th August 2005, 5:19 PM
;227; I thought he:D was a girl so I named him:D Annie.

Guy
19th August 2005, 5:30 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL i named him ????????

Sneasel
20th August 2005, 1:04 AM
I named mine Clyde in Gold, Pete in Silver, and TK in Crystal.

Verg
20th August 2005, 1:14 AM
Usually I named him Jim, after my brother's nick. But once he found out... well, uh, let's say he convinced me to stop doing that. So, at the moment, my name in the game is Verg (the nick I use almost everywhere... dunno why, I just think it sounds cool...) and my rival's name is Damian (my real name).

Champion Jared 14
20th August 2005, 1:42 AM
I used to call my rival what the game would have called him. The game recognized him as ???. An unkown person. Then I called him ???, every time I saw him, I'd always say, "Let's battle, question mark question mark question mark!" Very dumb. But after I restarted, I called him a much better name, Redhair. Its creative and obvious because he has long red hair. Throughout G/S/C now, i've always called him Redhair.

Cipher Admin Skarmory
20th August 2005, 1:44 AM
Henry, dunno why.

Jakley
20th August 2005, 1:46 AM
I named Mine Quaser

Jakley
20th August 2005, 1:47 AM
and for Blue I named him Pierre because I made my Character's Jacques...I was bored

japala
20th August 2005, 8:02 AM
When I first played I named him ??? because he did say that I thoght it was his name.

~Eon-Ryuu~
20th August 2005, 8:29 PM
I named him Dib. Yes. DIB. (I got Crystal recently)

Kallie
21st August 2005, 5:09 PM
When I first played Silver, I named him ???, but I was like, "Wait..." And restarted it (I'd saved after the battle with him) and thought, "I'm going to lie to the police!" 'cause I was curious that if you said his name wasn't ???, the police officer would get mad.. So I don't remember what I named him that. I recently found my crystal version, which I bought when it first came out, and I named myself Jodi for whatever reason in that, and named the rival, "Josh"...I think I was mad at someone named Josh... Right now, I restarted it, and I named him Zim (In an Invader Zim roleplay, Zim made me kill Dib, and I luff Dib..So..Madness)

~Eon-Ryuu~
21st August 2005, 5:38 PM
When I first played Silver, I named him ???, but I was like, "Wait..." And restarted it (I'd saved after the battle with him) and thought, "I'm going to lie to the police!" 'cause I was curious that if you said his name wasn't ???, the police officer would get mad.. So I don't remember what I named him that. I recently found my crystal version, which I bought when it first came out, and I named myself Jodi for whatever reason in that, and named the rival, "Josh"...I think I was mad at someone named Josh... Right now, I restarted it, and I named him Zim (In an Invader Zim roleplay, Zim made me kill Dib, and I luff Dib..So..Madness)

The first time I played crystal, I also named myself Jodi...and that's the same file I play today, where my rival's name is still Dib...

Selestius
21st August 2005, 6:34 PM
I named my rival Kamon and myself Kenta (in Gold), Silver and Gold in Silver (but Vice-Versa - he was Gold), and in Crystal, Crys and Kamon (again). Tons of originality huh? </sarcasm>

+Selestius - Dawn of the Moonlight+

Marty MC
21st August 2005, 8:32 PM
i named him popi =P

Altmer
21st August 2005, 8:37 PM
I usually name him Bert and myself Altmer. Wow, more originiality, right?

NP: Rammstein - Mutter

Crolum
21st August 2005, 9:44 PM
i named him *****, ****less, and Gay. i nickname my pokemon and everyone in bad ways. Remembers the Team of Magmars with vulgar names.

Ninetales9
21st August 2005, 9:53 PM
I always name him like my cousin, Jayson, he is my rival since he thinks he can beat me but he can't, and we always get a version of the game the other doesn't have.

teampez
23rd August 2005, 8:16 PM
my rival is always named borri after my best freinds nickname

Kasaioni
23rd August 2005, 11:38 PM
I call him Ray, but sometimes when I let my little sis name him she calls him Poopy! XD
" i battle some poopy guy..." lmao BTW i always named my rival and me after characters from "the muphetts"
me: ernie
rival: bert

Electrified_Pichu
24th August 2005, 1:06 AM
I name my rival Tyler after my best friend/neighbor. I name him that because he is the only person who is a threat to me in link battles. Me and him are pretty evenly matched when we battle

Shadow the Hedgehog
24th August 2005, 1:08 AM
Generally I name him ???.

Shiny Totodile
26th August 2005, 5:44 PM
I did that once... last week I played Gold for the 1st time in years and named him Miror B.
weird. i named him the exact same thing in my current game. i usually name him stupido.

KewlBrettC_the_Tormentor
26th August 2005, 7:13 PM
in silver i named mine mikey

Kyaku
3rd September 2005, 5:19 PM
On the Silver I got used the person that had the game made their name Ash and their rival the b word.

JONNO.FRESH
4th September 2005, 9:44 AM
i call him dazza for some odd reason

Vex Lenin
5th September 2005, 1:31 AM
I called my rival Shade when I had Gold but I don't have it anymore and I play LG and Emerald now but I love Johto so much! I'm thinking of buying Crystal soon.

MissingNO. #1 Master
5th September 2005, 4:37 AM
My rival is Cyberon.

ShadowReaper
5th September 2005, 4:19 PM
I named him Gary Jr.

smiley
5th September 2005, 4:35 PM
My rivals name begins with wa and ends with nker. Dunno why I just didn't like the look of him.

Digi-Chocobo Mage
7th September 2005, 8:05 AM
I named him Jorren,he looks like the son of Jessie and James.

Dark Venusaur
7th September 2005, 11:32 PM
I will name him after some one I disliked

i dont know 2 A.K.A. quilava lover
14th April 2006, 10:52 PM
I named mine BBUURRRPPPP

The Benmeister
14th April 2006, 11:05 PM
Before my game restarted, my rival was called Ben II...

DanK84
14th April 2006, 11:09 PM
I can't even remember what I named him on my first game file..

But once I named him "???". And another time I named him fish. And another time I named him ***hole. Yeah, I was immature then. xD

AJ Flibble
14th April 2006, 11:10 PM
Colin. I know a complete **** called Colin, and the rival's been called that for many years.

White Sox Fan
14th April 2006, 11:11 PM
I named him Loser

Ebil Plusle
14th April 2006, 11:30 PM
I named him after my friends character seth, one of my other friends once named him b****. lol

Shadows Follower
14th April 2006, 11:58 PM
I like to call mine after my sister - Levi.

Яεiқo
15th April 2006, 12:20 AM
mine was first ??? then rival then loser.

SilverLugia
15th April 2006, 1:36 AM
My rival's name was Butthead.

The Benmeister
15th April 2006, 2:07 AM
^ That's odd, since you're rival's name can't fit that many letters in.

My rival is now Jamie, one of my mates who I only found out the other day is just as big a Pokemon fan as I am. Sometimes I name him Daniel, my evil half-brother (even though he's only seven).

Mangekyo Sharingan
15th April 2006, 8:09 AM
ive named him silver,aaa,joe,Rozmy(my bro's name), jj (my best friends name) but my best friend was dumb and thought ??? was his original name so he named him that

Serebii93
15th April 2006, 8:27 AM
I've always named him Silver in Gold, and Gold in Silver.

Magma Grunt Alex
15th April 2006, 10:39 AM
My rivals name is Garth, why? Because its my friends name!!

The Organizer
15th April 2006, 11:14 PM
I named him Moron ;D

Aptenodytes
17th April 2006, 6:10 PM
I called him Barbie Boy because of his pink hair :D. I was so immature back then...

*~Puru-Ryuu~*
17th April 2006, 6:23 PM
I named him Cuckoo Head just to make fun of him

Full Metal Alchemist
17th April 2006, 6:38 PM
Gold-
Rivals name:Fluffy (At the time I was watching Harry Potter quite a lot)

Silver-
Rivals name:Slayer

Crystal-
Rivals name:Matt

Megg Lavender
18th April 2006, 2:16 AM
Meh. The first time I ever played Silver, I named him ???, since I thought that was his official name. (this is silly, but I used to call him "Question Mark Guy" XD) But now, I named him Kamon in my Gold Version. (He's probably named ??? in my Crystal game...)

surfer treecko
18th April 2006, 5:11 PM
Kent, poopoo, crybaby, fat

I always call my rival that cus i hate him. And kent was random

JulieArticuno
19th April 2006, 3:04 PM
I called mine vioctor, after a really nasty piece of work in my fanfic.

a friend of mine named him b*****d (but the actual word not my edited version)

~JulieArticuno~;144;

-=Darkness of Umbreon=-
19th April 2006, 3:12 PM
I would use lowercase letters and call him a swear. Then when people would talk about losing to some guy they would swear, but it was just my rivals name. :)

~;197;

lightspeed
21st April 2006, 3:25 PM
I called mine Silver, just like in the manga...

-Espacio-
21st April 2006, 3:51 PM
Crystal- Joey (i don't know why)

MageusBlack
21st April 2006, 5:58 PM
I called my rival a... not nice name. Starts with 'A', seven letters. The reason is that there's a specific piece of dialogue from an NPC just before the red Gyarados that said something about your rival, and with that specific name...

Well, I thought it was funny.

~Austin~
21st April 2006, 8:20 PM
I call him Poopy, Poop, Meany, or St.Paul.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
21st April 2006, 8:27 PM
i called him rip torn because he isnt very nice

Nathan Madien
21st April 2006, 8:40 PM
In Gold, I called him "Moe". In Silver, I called him "Larry". In Crystal, I called him "Curly". Get the connection?

Ben Kenobi
21st April 2006, 8:40 PM
I named him "???" because he said that is what his name is.

Angel-FoX-crescent
21st April 2006, 10:20 PM
Mike I've named my rival in crystal I have no idea why
but I wish could change it to back to silver.
Never mind ^^;

Tiffany
22nd April 2006, 2:41 AM
Called mine Silver in Crystal, Raven in Gold and RIVAL in Silver. I've never named my rival something atrocious or named him after someone I know.

RageofScorpion
23rd April 2006, 12:00 PM
Giovanni Jr.

Kana
23rd April 2006, 7:15 PM
In Gold, I called him "??????H" or something like that, since I remembered that ??? was the name I saw (I was in kindergarten . . .). I thought that more letters would appear each time I fought him. XD

Fizz
23rd April 2006, 10:00 PM
I called him Will. I dunno why, I just thought he looked like a Will. Then I found out there was a Will in the E4, but for some reason that name always stuck. Same with the girl from Crystal; she will always look like a Kate to me.

pikachu25
23rd April 2006, 10:18 PM
I named him rival in my gold and silver...,I was 6 at the time.

GoggleHead
23rd April 2006, 10:37 PM
When I first got Silver, I named him "Dud". I was little at the time. Then, I named him the nickname of a kid I hated. I prefer calling him Gold because I feel the main character should have been Silver (only 'cause I had Silver Version).

Agustus
24th April 2006, 3:23 AM
R/B/Y:
Gary
G/S/C:
Orson
R/S/E/FR/LG:
Garma

Wig
24th April 2006, 5:32 AM
???
Meh, didn't feel like being creative at the time.

-Jolt-

emeraldellie
24th April 2006, 6:07 AM
In my new Crystal file, it's RETARD. I couldn't think of a better name, and that was the first thing that came to mind. :p

MidnightScott
24th April 2006, 6:35 AM
I just started replaying Crystal.

I named him Silver this time around.

In the past I named him Max, and Kevin. I wonder why they never gave him an official name...
All we know is that he is Giovanni's son...

The male Hero's name is however Taylor and the female Hero's name is Kris(like Crystal)

~Scott;229;

Megahorn Heracross
24th April 2006, 6:53 AM
In my friend's gold we named him Mean Fat Guy... but really.. we named him Mean Guy in the game. The first is the one we call him... but the second is what the game calls him!

Nathan Madien
24th April 2006, 5:45 PM
Once in Gold, I nicknamed my rival "Ohio" simply because I could. :P

Aquarelle
26th April 2006, 5:09 AM
Crystal - I named him "Jacka**!"

Gold - I named him "AAAAAA" for a reason i do not exactly know, all i remember is talking to the police guy in the lab and then asked me to name the rival (Who i thought was a girl back then) so I just put in a whole bunch of As.

Nintendo Master
26th April 2006, 5:15 AM
??? Too lazy to change. :P

Silent Conversation
28th April 2006, 10:43 PM
In my Silver, I named him "???", but in my Crystal, I named him "Tyson" to represent the Hoenn League guy, Tyson.

onix lord
28th April 2006, 11:29 PM
In my Silver version I named my rival Sideous, just 'cause it sounds cool.

Full Metal Alchemist
29th April 2006, 9:57 AM
I named him Rude on Gold.

Alphonse Elric
29th April 2006, 3:46 PM
I named him B****** in Silver.

And Damien in Crystal. It was a pun on "Demon". :P

Kalosian
29th April 2006, 3:55 PM
I named him Rick in crystal, don't remember why.

Epona4
30th April 2006, 12:48 AM
before I got Crystal, I was looking at a guide for Crystal and it had a picture of Gold and Silver and under it it said "Hero" "Rival" so that's what i did
I named Gold Hero and Silver Rival which I thought were pretty good names at the time (better than Gold and Silver)

The Mighty Wurmple
1st May 2006, 5:08 AM
I called him 'A moron' because when t goes into a battle with hm, it says "A moron wants to battle!" :p
It's funny.

SheWhoLovesPineapples
23rd May 2006, 3:03 AM
I'm finding it very hard to keep from laughing right now...

Well I now call him ??? as a joke... But my brother and I first started playing the game, we knew an older kid who would call him "your rival". We didn't know what "rival" meant, so we thought that was his name. So we named him Rival... LOL.

Yeah, I'd name him stuff like "Stupid", "Meanie", "Dumb", stuff like that. My brother and I were little and we thought it was hilarious. On my current games he's named...

Silver - Don't remember (EDIT: I just remembered I named him Red, 'cause he's known for having red hair.)
Gold - Henri
Crystal - ???

I named him "Henri", 'cause it sounds like "ornery", which totally fits him to say the least, yet it was still a real name.

This reminds me, in me and my brother's gold, we once named our character "Limeaid". We wanted to name him Lemonade but it wouldn't fit. So we named him Limeade. It was so hilarious at the time...

Crowbot
23rd May 2006, 5:14 PM
I named him Robin, because that's what he's doing when you meet him. It also carries on the bird theme since I call my character Crow.

Liam-Kun
24th May 2006, 5:14 PM
I named him ???

Vycksta
26th May 2006, 2:36 AM
I called my rival Darren in all my games, cause said rival looked like my ex-fiance. ;B

Staryu
26th May 2006, 3:42 AM
I named it Gary, after the anime xD

jirachiken
27th May 2006, 12:49 AM

So I'm not the only one who did that.Good.
I named him after my cousin Jamie once, but I actually called him EvilGuy once. Don't know why, I was younger then. My was I crazy!

Pokemon4Ever
27th May 2006, 1:28 AM
I named my rival Silver.

Blast
27th May 2006, 4:00 AM

Lmao

I once named the guy Hell. In silver i named him ***. I named him Gary in Crystal. :D

BasiltheDragon
28th May 2006, 2:00 PM
I normally use Nathan or Manuel.

Nathan Madien
28th May 2006, 4:07 PM
I normally use Nathan or Manuel.

Aww, thanks. :)

One time, I named my rival "Madien" so I could see "Madien challenges Nathan".

Kasaioni
28th May 2006, 8:09 PM
cheese.................

Herb Master
28th May 2006, 11:09 PM
I named my rival Riley because that was the name of the jerk at school.

Silver Arrow
28th May 2006, 11:18 PM
lets see... Yellow=Blue,
Gold=Sliced Cheese(I didn't do it! My friend did!)
Ruby=May(obviously)
Fire Red= CFK(its KFC spelt backwards :p)

Super Wario 64
29th May 2006, 4:08 AM
I named my nemesis on Crystal, Gameguy.....

Cloudragon
11th June 2006, 9:56 PM
I called him Loke!
In Norse mythology, Loke is the head bad-guy.
But also at the time I got Crystal, there was a bad-guy, names Loke in a tv-series, it was fun to imitate this guy :D so I really called him Loke just for that funny thing! but it is sure a name for a bad-guy.

latino heat
11th June 2006, 10:02 PM
In gold: ??? (I was like 8 or 9 years old)
silver:silver (I was lazy)
Ruby:Adrian (A cousin that used to be like a Rival to me in real life)
Emerald:May (Manga)

SheWhoLovesPineapples
12th June 2006, 10:52 PM
What are you talking about? You can't name your rival in Ruby or Emerald! Or am I missing something?

Chaotic Houndoom
12th June 2006, 10:53 PM
I named him Zac. o_O

TS19
13th June 2006, 9:54 PM
i have named him Deoxys.

Magma Instinct
13th June 2006, 10:19 PM
Gold: Idi Amin
Silver: Saddam Hussien
Crystal: Adolf Hitler

Dragetre
13th June 2006, 10:27 PM
I named him Silver. That's what I always name him.
-Dragetre

Nathan Madien
14th June 2006, 2:41 AM
In one Gold game, I named my rival "Kefka". How often do you come across someone named "Kefka"?

Jordz619
14th June 2006, 10:14 AM
the second time i did gold i named him gay guy because he is and the third time on gold i named him Bob i dont know why probably because it was the easiest i could think of

Regifire
15th June 2006, 5:50 AM
Silver his name = Gold

Dragon Champion
18th June 2006, 7:08 AM
I named him CL.

Golde
19th June 2006, 12:05 AM
??? and Silver

SheWhoLovesPineapples
21st June 2006, 6:33 AM
Gold: Idi Amin
Silver: Saddam Hussien
Crystal: Adolf Hitler

None of those even fit. -.-

Metropolis
21st June 2006, 6:58 AM
Somebody that I hate at schools name, Max.

Manene
22nd June 2006, 6:54 AM
When I restarted my Silver the other day, I named him Stupid. I always get a kick out of hearing his name.

Manene out;manene;

berty106
22nd June 2006, 1:18 PM
my sisters name xD
i enjoy taht!

shadow3944
22nd June 2006, 3:14 PM
i named mine dorkwad then its like dorkwad wants to battle. why would i want to battle a dorkwad

Pure
23rd June 2006, 4:23 AM
I named mine Silver, like Giovanni's son.

ALTOCHARIZARD55
23rd June 2006, 5:09 AM
i thought you were supposed to type in the name displayed, so mine is ???

LuciRuki
23rd June 2006, 5:20 AM
haha lol when i first named it, i named him Rival (thinking it was Ree-Val, his actual name) and the officer was checking if i remembered his name

Kris
23rd June 2006, 6:15 AM
Eh, I couldn't think of a good name, so I named him ???.
But I recently restarted Crystal, and I'm going to name him Silver.

The Dean of Suds
23rd June 2006, 5:40 PM
I named him hobo. For lack of a better insult, I guess.
Over and out,;198;

Zero Nexus
23rd June 2006, 5:43 PM
i thought he was a girl so i named it "jessy"

Vidiki
23rd June 2006, 6:00 PM
Lol, in my pokemon silver, I named him ??? too.

Nathan Madien
23rd June 2006, 8:14 PM
Lol, in my pokemon silver, I named him ??? too.

It seems like everyone names their rivals ??? at point or another.

SheWhoLovesPineapples
23rd June 2006, 10:06 PM
It seems like everyone names their rivals ??? at point or another.

That's true. Someone should put that in a siggy. "(whatever)5 of Serebii named their GSC rival ???. If you were one of those people, paste this in your siggy". I'd do it, but I'm too lazy to find out the percent...

PkmnBreederLuke
24th June 2006, 1:29 AM
Started a Silver game on my Gameboy Colour as opposed to VBA this time. It goes at snail pace unfortunately in comparison to an emulator :(

Named myself Silver and my rival Gold. Since I'm playing Silver I figured that's what I'd call myself, as opposed to the manga.

SHIFTER01
24th June 2006, 10:59 PM
Arrrgh... Gary. And my character was Ash. >.< I was a noob back then.

;136; Dude

SheWhoLovesPineapples
24th June 2006, 11:02 PM
>.< I was a noob back then.

So was I. And I wish I STILL was... n00bs can have a lot funner with RPGs than non-n00bs.

TheTurquoiseTauros!
24th June 2006, 11:20 PM
I always named my rival something mean sounding, like thorn or rip.

Tumbleweed
24th June 2006, 11:32 PM
Silver =P
Sooooooooo original....

*Jean Grey*
25th June 2006, 4:51 AM
I named him a lot of names in my history of playing crystal, I'll post some:

Weston (Name of the annoying boy in my tutor that locked me in the bathroom when I was six.)
Magneto (Bad guy in X-Men)
Idiotic (He really is)
Scott (This was an accident, worse, I named myself Jean and I was a girl, I really am a girl)

SQUIRTLETamer08
26th June 2006, 1:11 AM
i thought you were supposed to type in the name displayed, so mine is ???
Me too,Me too, I felt soo stupid, Great minds think alike.

Savage
27th June 2006, 1:32 PM
I called mine whatever name I was (I think it was "Chad").

I thought the guy at the Lake of Rage would say something like:

"OMGFZ DaTz Ure NAME!!!!!!1!!!1!1!!!11! I MUsT HavE Been BattLIng0rZ Ypours EvvvEvil TyiNnEhh! *game blows up*"

I was seven >_>

-kplzthxbi

Hoshi no Kabii
27th June 2006, 2:35 PM
I dunno *checks*
Gold: Ryan
Silver: Bobert
Crystal: ???

Masumi
27th June 2006, 2:39 PM
I named him Damon. ^^;;

Nathan Madien
27th June 2006, 4:33 PM
In Crystal, I named my rival "Digimon". I thought it would be cool to see "Digimon challenges Pokemon (my character) to battle".

Meganium Ex
27th June 2006, 7:51 PM
Seeing as how I was a kid back then, I named him RIVIAL, meant to name him Rival though XD

KitKat2008
28th June 2006, 10:02 AM
Mine was called silver :)

The Unknown
29th June 2006, 4:27 PM
mine was called after a friend: Marcus

Fish
29th June 2006, 4:50 PM
I had ??? because I thought that's what I was supposed to do, heh. Kinda like what other people here did.

Re-playing it I think I had Arguin. Nickname for a kid I didn't like.

Kingdra
5th July 2006, 3:24 PM
OMG...i feel like such a moron. I thought you we're supposed to tell the police officer his name was ???. I didn't know you could name him.

SneazzL.com
5th July 2006, 3:54 PM
Glenn!!! Dunno why

silver girl
5th July 2006, 4:22 PM
I called him Monanz after the evil guy I have in my story.

matrix_Logic
7th July 2006, 7:12 AM
Heads, because my name is always Tails.

Blackjack Gabbiani
7th July 2006, 9:28 AM
Reno, after the FF7 character (it's the hair)

-Buoysel-
7th July 2006, 8:14 PM
I named mine Jacob after a guy that I was Rivals with at school...

SS ;227;

Walking Contradiction
22nd July 2006, 11:48 AM
In Crystal, I named my rival "Digimon". I thought it would be cool to see "Digimon challenges Pokemon (my character) to battle".
Yay it must have definately been cool (lol). My rival is named after my brother cause I named the playing character after me. :D

Suggs
22nd July 2006, 11:53 AM
As my character was named after the lead singer of Madness (Suggs), my rival was named after the other singer in the band (Chas Smash).

Sapphire Phoenix
23rd July 2006, 6:18 AM
i usally name him Gold or Silver depending on the game I'm playing but once I think I named him ???

~Bent~
23rd July 2006, 6:51 AM
My sister named him ??? once.

I just hit "End" without any letters, since it's quicker. That winds up being SILVER.

buttons123
23rd July 2006, 9:27 AM
For the first few games, I called him ??? but I then started calling him Silver as time went on.

~~buttons123

FireEmblemAddict
23rd July 2006, 6:55 PM
I named mine 'Loser' on crystal. Since he sucks. :P can't find my Gold version, though, I named him Chase on it. Chase is my brother, so that's why.

Trooper Guy
23rd July 2006, 8:08 PM
On my second Gold file (before the battery died ;^; ), i called him A*shole (hey, i was young). On the third file (second time i started again), i just called him Silver and always called him that in my G/S/C games since.

VulpaKokon
24th July 2006, 4:29 PM
Named mine 'Brazil', for whatever reason. 'Portugal' didn't fit, heh.

Jukain:)
24th July 2006, 4:46 PM
i just name them somthing rude like mr.poo on a**hole...

Dratini 79
24th July 2006, 6:37 PM
???. I'm drowning in unorigiality over here.

ZeRoBlaSt
24th July 2006, 9:10 PM
I named him Silver.

Unown_Crazy
25th July 2006, 12:54 AM
???. I'm drowning in unorigiality over here.
Mr. Unorigiality is me. ^I'm with you^

solblade811
25th July 2006, 2:47 AM
Named him Reddy. Weird name isn't it?

Alphonse
25th July 2006, 11:44 PM
I named my rival scar, because that is the enemy of edward and al.

Silent orange L.V.12
26th July 2006, 12:06 AM
i named him ***whole(without the stars but with the actual word)because...well,he was an***whole.

Ganondorf_X
26th July 2006, 1:30 PM
I named gary on red ***hole and on gold I just called the rival Silver, I might name him something like... n00b or... b**ch :p it's always funny when those people in the game say something like, "a guy who goes by the name of n00b just came by" maybe I can call him G.Bush or something too

Je suis meilleur
27th July 2006, 2:30 AM
I named him Silver, and the main character Gold even though I had the Silver version

maximo-76
27th July 2006, 5:58 AM
I named him aSH ON crystal because i cant stand ash in the anime an i like to beat him repeadedly

hIrAm
4th August 2006, 4:17 AM
I named my rival Tyler, on Gold.

The Scizor Master
4th August 2006, 7:08 AM
named him SAM

HugoBoss
8th August 2006, 12:01 AM
curse words :P

blue-sax-kid
8th August 2006, 12:27 AM
Once, I named myself "I" and my rival "him", so when I defeated him, it would say "I defeated him".

HugoBoss
8th August 2006, 3:20 AM
Once, I named myself "I" and my rival "him", so when I defeated him, it would say "I defeated him".

lol.. Imma do that next time:P

Charizard006
8th August 2006, 3:24 AM
I haven't played my Crystal in a while, but I think I named him poop.

the shadow dragon Zetrono
9th August 2006, 10:05 AM
I named him silver on mine also. We are the unoriginals! UNITE!!

DoaJ
9th August 2006, 12:28 PM
So did I.. It was the first Pokemon Game I had ever played where you actually named the rival, and when he said " My name is ???" I thought I was supposed to remember that and report it to the police. - _ -U

My little brother named him Kevin, then Mageram. Which he pronounces Mag-er-rram with North Carolinian accent.. Don't know why though.

Wah, I named him Kevin too, after this pervert that tried to rape my sister. Long time ago, and she was too young to remember (he was unsuccessful, so shes not traumatized). I just thought that was weird you named hm that.

-C7-
9th August 2006, 4:31 PM
i named my rival PIE

Gaaradon Of The Dessert
9th August 2006, 4:42 PM
oh do u like pie? mines is Momma....

alexanderrobertbarkas
11th August 2006, 5:17 PM
In Gold, I called him "Moe". In Silver, I called him "Larry". In Crystal, I called him "Curly". Get the connection? Yes, they're the Three Stooges.

Mew-100
11th August 2006, 5:30 PM
I called him "Idiot" In G/S and and in Crysta I called him "Ben"

Domino v1
13th August 2006, 7:03 AM
I was watching T.V. and when the officer asked me I just kept hitting A. So It was AAAAAAAA. I forgot what I originally wanted to name him....I usually name them the rivals of the person I use. Like if I used speciality team or something.

Jerre
13th August 2006, 11:46 AM
Mine is just called RIVAL.

Chaotic Pink
15th August 2006, 3:59 PM
I called it Red, boring really. Then the second time You Smell

Sir Devious
16th August 2006, 6:06 AM
My rivals name is always Daniel, that's my best friends name, unless it's a girl... (in the future) then it is Sayge, that's my other best friends name. (Sayge is a girl)

guilherme XX
21st August 2006, 1:09 AM
In cristal I named him gaylord

Vertical Bird
21st August 2006, 2:22 AM
when I first fot my pre owned silver his name was Bob
When I restarted it I named him Gold by acedint