PDA

View Full Version : MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9

Mega Trickster
27th April 2006, 12:34 AM
True, well one of the reasons why I started playing Red is because someone said it had different graphics to Green. It doesn't, they're lying. If you want to be first, be my guest, I'm too busy playing the GBA versions to be honest.

Red will be coming sometime Friday or Monday. I knew that it had the same graphics!

Today I showed a group of Pokemon players at school Glitch City and they were all like O.o

Nevetszero
27th April 2006, 10:13 AM
Yeah i caught a MissingNo. back in the old days and was really excited with it being lv 156 or something so i fed it rare candies! It got to about lv 260 or something before evolving into a Kangaskan. With mine, when i battle and the over lv 100's get experience they grow back to lv 100. BTW i have this Code breaker and Action Replay and used my old Code breaker on it back then (this was my red or blue versions) and with this certain cheat i could make my first possition poke have unlimited health in battle and could transfer it by switching any other poke into battle. theyre health went all munted and would go off the screen as well as when they got hit, the attack would do damage and the health would go down and then click back to full health at the end. It was kinda like Pokerus and Ev training because my snorlax that i trained to lv 100 with it ended up having really high stats! not abnormal like 999 but pretty high, like all 400's or something. Some really messed up stuff happened where i traded it into my Gold version and it destroyed the game...but not all cheats hurt the game. You just need experience with them.

Someone
27th April 2006, 8:46 PM
Hey you guys , I'm back! =o Been really busy with school lately. x.x

And just a few days ago I started a little project with the glitches you can find in Red/Blue version. ( Pokegods , like some people call them ) I'm capturing them at the lowest level possible , getting their Pokedex entries , leveling them up with rare candies so I can see their move sets ( which are random as hell ) and if they evolve ( yes some of them evolve ). Also their types , some have weird combinations and there's one I tabulated that had a type of PokeMania. I also recording which are hybrids of another true Pokemon and which ones are they're own thing.

I'll start on one of these for Yellow version when I finish this table. Who wants me to post the table on here? =o It's pretty interesting.

Oh yeah and I discovered a 'trend' with the glitches. It's really weird to! All the glitches that have Rhydon's cry when it appears in the pokedex and has no picture gives you infinite items in the 6th slot in your items bag. And a majority of them are either pictureless Rhydon crying glitches or hybrids of true , existing Pokemon.* including they're own new cry in all. The picture is a junky shape but the Pokedex Entry has the number of a existing POkemon in Red/Blue * Few of the glitches are they're own thing in the game. But I'm not anywhere near halfway done with this project. I still have about 60 more glitches to go for Red/Blue and then it's onto yellow version and I record a whole new set of data for it.

And another thing I noticed about the pictureless , Rhydon crying glitches. When they appear in the pokedex they're number is usually 205 , 250 , 255 , or 234. I got about 10 of those out of the 20 I have tabulated already and most of them are either 205 or 250.

megamanzerodark
28th April 2006, 2:17 AM
On what slot do items multiply?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey you guys , I'm back! =o Been really busy with school lately. x.x

And just a few days ago I started a little project with the glitches you can find in Red/Blue version. ( Pokegods , like some people call them ) I'm capturing them at the lowest level possible , getting their Pokedex entries , leveling them up with rare candies so I can see their move sets ( which are random as hell ) and if they evolve ( yes some of them evolve ). Also their types , some have weird combinations and there's one I tabulated that had a type of PokeMania. I also recording which are hybrids of another true Pokemon and which ones are they're own thing.

I'll start on one of these for Yellow version when I finish this table. Who wants me to post the table on here? =o It's pretty interesting.

Oh yeah and I discovered a 'trend' with the glitches. It's really weird to! All the glitches that have Rhydon's cry when it appears in the pokedex and has no picture gives you infinite items in the 6th slot in your items bag. And a majority of them are either pictureless Rhydon crying glitches or hybrids of true , existing Pokemon.* including they're own new cry in all. The picture is a junky shape but the Pokedex Entry has the number of a existing POkemon in Red/Blue * Few of the glitches are they're own thing in the game. But I'm not anywhere near halfway done with this project. I still have about 60 more glitches to go for Red/Blue and then it's onto yellow version and I record a whole new set of data for it.

And another thing I noticed about the pictureless , Rhydon crying glitches. When they appear in the pokedex they're number is usually 205 , 250 , 255 , or 234. I got about 10 of those out of the 20 I have tabulated already and most of them are either 205 or 250.

Cool! I want some glitch pokemon! Can you PM and thell me how to get some?

Someone
28th April 2006, 4:07 AM
On what slot do items multiply?

Cool! I want some glitch pokemon! Can you PM and thell me how to get some?

6th slot in your item pack.

Do you have a Game Shark bud? Can't help you , not unless you either have the emulator and a Red or Blue rom or Gameshark for the real gameboy. ()

Mega Trickster
28th April 2006, 4:12 AM
Hey Someone (the user not a random person) do other glitch Pokemon multiply items? I want more PP UPs and Masterballs on my Green but Missingno. causes a black screen (it doesnt even appear the game just freezes).

Someone
28th April 2006, 4:16 AM
^You there. Don't double post and make SPAM posts. It's bad for your forum health D=

Yeah but its better for someone who actually knows the language =/

Yeah for someone like me since I can read and speak and write japanese. =P

Hey Someone (the user not a random person) do other glitch Pokemon multiply items? I want more PP UPs and Masterballs on my Green but Missingno. causes a black screen (it doesnt even appear the game just freezes).

Only the Rhydon crying pictureless glitches do. Is this a real green version? I can help you out if it's on the real gameboy or on your computer.

I've never seen Missingno in Green Version. I have on here on my emulator... let me check it out.

PM me and I can help you out. =o

Mega Trickster
28th April 2006, 4:28 AM
Only the Rhydon crying pictureless glitches do. Is this a real green version? I can help you out if it's on the real gameboy or on your computer.

I've never seen Missingno in Green Version. I have on here on my emulator... let me check it out.

PM me and I can help you out. =o

Yes it is a real Green version. Bad sprites and everything. Which ones are Rhydon crying pictureless ones? Do I have to catch them or just encounter them?

Ze DreamGirl
29th April 2006, 6:22 PM
How can we glitch a trade ? I alredy glitched a link battle and now i want to glitch trades...but each time the trade is normal...

Red Ring Riku
29th April 2006, 8:24 PM
How can we glitch a trade ? I alredy glitched a link battle and now i want to glitch trades...but each time the trade is normal...

Well, it's a little tricky. In most cases, a glitch trade occurs when something was wrong with the transmission either during the step both game packs save changes, or during the actual link up or trade itself. In other words, it commonly occurs if the link cable was suddenly not responding even during a link trade, or if you unhook the cable from one of the gameboys yourself. Of course, this also points a rather big risk of damaging data, so it's highly reccomended against doing glitches like these.

In other times, a link glitch may randomly occur if one of the games that are trading was exposed/has missingno, m, or any of the other glitches.

Someone
30th April 2006, 3:56 AM
Yes it is a real Green version. Bad sprites and everything. Which ones are Rhydon crying pictureless ones? Do I have to catch them or just encounter them?

I can't answer that because I don't get what you mean. XD And some of the sprites in Green Version aren't half bad at all.

Do you have a Gameshark Pro? If so , I'll locate the Japanese codes for you and give you the digits for the glitch Pokes.

Mega Trickster
30th April 2006, 4:49 AM
I can't answer that because I don't get what you mean. XD And some of the sprites in Green Version aren't half bad at all.

Do you have a Gameshark Pro? If so , I'll locate the Japanese codes for you and give you the digits for the glitch Pokes.

I wish to not possibly damage my game with a GS =(

Bloodstar
30th April 2006, 9:24 AM
another that works

go to the power plant and fight one of the ball pokemon. flee or win. you now have 2 minutes to get to pellet town and find a blinking rock next ot the road on route 1. use strngh on it. on the other side save. you cant get back so bring alot of balls. All pokemon can be caught their ( the orginal 151) at any level between 1 and 100.

Uh... You got any proof? I'm highly doubting this. >_>

The Mighty Wurmple
30th April 2006, 9:59 AM
I had time on me so I tried that and it does NOT work. Okay people?
Don't waste your time like I did! =p

VoLTeR
30th April 2006, 2:11 PM
Originally posted bydark scyther By the way missigno doesnt learn strengh it only learns fly cut and surf

Can you use tms on missigno?

It can learn any TM/HM, it depends on the last pokemon in your party.

The Organizer
30th April 2006, 7:28 PM
I made a bad mistake, i activated glitch city and i saved in it!!!!

now i have to wipe my save file and start all over.

Ze DreamGirl
30th April 2006, 10:05 PM
Why didn't you simply fly from that place ?

Naetoru & Stitch
1st May 2006, 1:31 AM
I only did the Mew Glitch with the Popup menu things. I darned to never do MissingNo.

pharaohguy530
1st May 2006, 3:08 PM
I've got a weird thing that happened to my hall of fame after catching missingno. It said I had this glitch pokemon, with just a bunch of letters, that played the S.S. Anne music, really, really slow, until I left the pokemon center. Weird.......

Mega Trickster
1st May 2006, 4:51 PM
I've got a weird thing that happened to my hall of fame after catching missingno. It said I had this glitch pokemon, with just a bunch of letters, that played the S.S. Anne music, really, really slow, until I left the pokemon center. Weird.......

Did it say something similar to this for the Pokemon's name?
L (Japanese symbol) || M (Japanese symbol) 4 (glitch block)

pharaohguy530
1st May 2006, 9:22 PM
Nope. It was just a bunch of random letters as the name, and.......
The sprite was like missingno's except, cut in half. Like the letter: l
As a glitchy block.

megamanzerodark
2nd May 2006, 3:37 AM
I don't know about glitches in blue, but when I came out of some underground passage there was a gambler, i just took a step, flew, and I could not use A,B,Select, or start......

Or is this a step for a glitch,I didnt save so i'm back at mt.moon...................

Well if it is a step of a glitch please tell me.

Mega Trickster
2nd May 2006, 3:48 AM
I don't know about glitches in blue, but when I came out of some underground passage there was a gambler, i just took a step, flew, and I could not use A,B,Select, or start......

Or is this a step for a glitch,I didnt save so i'm back at mt.moon...................

Well if it is a step of a glitch please tell me.

When you fly away from a trainer you are not able to use those buttons unless you turn the game off then on or fight a random trainser. It is a step of a glitch. The Mew glitch. (please look in sticky)

megamanzerodark
2nd May 2006, 3:49 AM
Okay, I got to go.....
Thanks!

final answer
3rd May 2006, 7:13 AM
Will the cheat,(or whatever you call it) putting your Magikarp in the daycare and waiting until it's level 100 always work?

The Mighty Wurmple
3rd May 2006, 8:18 AM
And raise it a level and it will evolve into Mew?

First of all, how can a pokemon that's already at Lv 100 in R/B/Y evolve by experience so it evolves at level 101?
It's fake.
Don't believe it, it's totally untrue.

FLAMEBOY
5th May 2006, 7:37 PM
And raise it a level and it will evolve into Mew?

First of all, how can a pokemon that's already at Lv 100 in R/B/Y evolve by experience so it evolves at level 101?
It's fake.
Don't believe it, it's totally untrue.

I agree.

Once i was doing the Mew glitch tring to find a Missingno and a found a very Famous Missingno Lv:7
Look on the URL:http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/grahamfoster/Picture069.jpg

Here is a closer picture: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/grahamfoster/Picture070.jpg

And this is kind of what it did: http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c36/grahamfoster/Picture072.jpg

Sorry the picture r not clear, i have a low qualitey device.

Zero X
7th May 2006, 4:24 PM
This works!There is a house on Route 8 that leads to an Underground Path. Stand by the door. Save. From now on, you cannot save, or Mew will escape forever.
Walk one step forward and press Start QUICKLY. If you fail, the Gambler will fight you and Mew will escape forever. If this happens, turn the game off.
You should now be facing the gambler with the Start menu up. Go to your PokÚmon. Use Fly; go to Cerulean City.
As you Fly, the Gambler will see you. The familiar "!" will show this.
Your Start button will not work for a while. Don't panic.
Go up across the Nugget Bridge. Head for the Youngster found among some bushes. He is facing upwars. Make sure that he WALKS UP TO YOU. This is important. If you walk right next to him to talk to him, Mew will be destroyed forever. As will your save game.
Defeat the Slowpoke. Fly to Lavender Town.
Go west to Route 8. The Start menu will pop up by itself.
Press B.
Mew will appear.

Mega Trickster
7th May 2006, 6:52 PM
This works!There is a house on Route 8 that leads to an Underground Path. Stand by the door. Save. From now on, you cannot save, or Mew will escape forever.
Walk one step forward and press Start QUICKLY. If you fail, the Gambler will fight you and Mew will escape forever. If this happens, turn the game off.
You should now be facing the gambler with the Start menu up. Go to your PokÚmon. Use Fly; go to Cerulean City.
As you Fly, the Gambler will see you. The familiar "!" will show this.
Your Start button will not work for a while. Don't panic.
Go up across the Nugget Bridge. Head for the Youngster found among some bushes. He is facing upwars. Make sure that he WALKS UP TO YOU. This is important. If you walk right next to him to talk to him, Mew will be destroyed forever. As will your save game.
Defeat the Slowpoke. Fly to Lavender Town.
Go west to Route 8. The Start menu will pop up by itself.
Press B.
Mew will appear.

Sorry. You're late on figuring that out YEARS ago. Almost all of us know that =/

FLAMEBOY
8th May 2006, 8:32 PM
That is how i found the Wierd Missingno, I went to the second fisherman then STUPID be exadentley saved. however i tried the gamberler who says ,"I have never won before..." beat him then i found the Misterious Missingno. O_o!

megamanzerodark
9th May 2006, 12:20 AM
Sorry. You're late on figuring that out YEARS ago. Almost all of us know that =/
I just did that by accident a few days ago.

I found a gambler that I battle so i could get growlithe in blue, so i dont need to buy red to get him, i'll look for other thrainers so I could get other pokemon that are not aviable at blue, is there a trainer that mekes it possible to get an m???
Just like the one flame boy talked about, if there is, please tell me the trainer and where he is.
I am going to get surf so i could multiply my items, i bet it is going to be awsome!!!(Is the missingno easy to kill?)

Edit:8:48 5-8-06
I got a missingno, not (random pixel)M'(Random pixel), while trying to do the multiplying glithc thing in blue, is he harmful to the game??

Char1016
9th May 2006, 1:34 PM
I never seen a glitch in RBY, only the one when you Cut a tree and save over it.

megamanzerodark
9th May 2006, 2:00 PM
Do you have surf and fly?

final answer
10th May 2006, 4:30 AM
I have never seen a glitch either.

Mega Trickster
10th May 2006, 6:00 AM
Hard not to see a glitch in RBY. Today me and PIE!!! (Jolteon, yes I named it PIE!!!) went glitch hunting! We saw the normal things though, Ghost Missingno. and 'M due to the letters in my name. My friends are really jealous of my LM4. They think its the most awesome thing they've ever seen - aside from my Green.

megamanzerodark
10th May 2006, 10:24 PM
Where is ghost missingno?, so far i have seen.

(Blue)
While surfing in the right edge of cinnibar island
'm(the item multiplier),MISSINGNO,magnemite Lvl.160,magmar Lvl.38, and Squirtle Lvl.164.

Right now i'm searching for glitches for yellow, i hope that there is glitches in there............

ALF
11th May 2006, 12:01 AM
Is Glitch City supposed to only be in Japanese games? Because I remember resetting my Red a while back because I got stuck there. I didn't have a Pokemon with Fly or enough steps to get to a PC before the Ding-Dong message appeared.

megamanzerodark
11th May 2006, 12:08 AM
I think it is only in Japanese games:(..............
I hope not, mabey there is a way to get there with a gameshark.............

Mega Trickster
11th May 2006, 2:27 AM
Glitch City can be found in the following games:

ANYTHING FROM THE R/B/G GENERATION REGARDLESS OF REGION.

Demy
11th May 2006, 2:09 PM
What is the difference between the Quick Mew Trick and the Mew Trick ?

Can it be done on the Leadgreen and Firered versions?

Levski
11th May 2006, 5:35 PM
What is the difference between the Quick Mew Trick and the Mew Trick ?

Can it be done on the Leadgreen and Firered versions?
1) Not sure
2)It can't be done on LG/FR everyone would have a Mew then.

Mika_Coyote
11th May 2006, 7:49 PM
I guess this is the best place I could ask this question... Can anyone tell me if the Mew Trick messes up your game? I wanted to get one, and now I know how to do it, but since I use my Red in Stadium and Stadium 2 I'm afraid to use it. Is it safe?

emeraldellie
12th May 2006, 1:09 AM
I guess this is the best place I could ask this question... Can anyone tell me if the Mew Trick messes up your game? I wanted to get one, and now I know how to do it, but since I use my Red in Stadium and Stadium 2 I'm afraid to use it. Is it safe?
It never messed up for me, even when I traded it to Crystal. When using any glitch, there's always a chance that something will go wrong, but it's a low chance. I heard before that trading even legit Mew to Stadium or Stadium 2 can mess it up because it couldn't handle to coding or something, but that may have been just for Stadium.

megamanzerodark
12th May 2006, 2:59 AM
GLITCH CITY!!!!!!!!!
Yay!i'm getting the hang of this city!I still see no glitch pokemon...........
I know that i will find some.(Well, i'm not to confidented about this..........)

Latias Fanatic
12th May 2006, 5:01 AM
i have glitch city in red version
all you need to do is go in safari zone then walk out with out the guys sayin "do you want to quit the safari zone?"
then once your out fly to cinnibar or any other city then walk around
after the pa says "pa:you safari game is over" then your back i the buildin
then walk out of there and your in glitch city
then press start and your on water =]

megamanzerodark
15th May 2006, 12:59 AM
Is there any missngno in glitch city?
I only have seen tentacool...........:(

Nevetszero
18th May 2006, 3:54 PM
How big is Glitch city? My Blue version that was completed just had its memory erased :(

Mega Trickster
19th May 2006, 4:49 PM
Theres different Glitch Cities. All of them vary in size and shape.

pharaohguy530
20th May 2006, 1:24 PM
I've got a new glitch, or it might not be a glitch....
I was walking through Viridian Forest on Green, and the first pokemon a spotted was a lv. 5 pikachu. I got it down to one hp, exactly,and threw a pokeball. Didn't work. I threw 10 pokeballs...didn't work. I fainted it, and then came back, like this morning with great balls and ultra balls. Came back and found another pikachu, first pokemon I saw, lv. 5. Got it down to one hp, and....the greatballs and ultraballs didn't work! OMG, I couldn't belive it. A pikachu that couldn't be captured.....
You think this is a glitch? I think so....

Mega Trickster
21st May 2006, 1:08 AM
I've got a new glitch, or it might not be a glitch....
I was walking through Viridian Forest on Green, and the first pokemon a spotted was a lv. 5 pikachu. I got it down to one hp, exactly,and threw a pokeball. Didn't work. I threw 10 pokeballs...didn't work. I fainted it, and then came back, like this morning with great balls and ultra balls. Came back and found another pikachu, first pokemon I saw, lv. 5. Got it down to one hp, and....the greatballs and ultraballs didn't work! OMG, I couldn't belive it. A pikachu that couldn't be captured.....
You think this is a glitch? I think so....

It was dodging the ball I hardly call that a glitch it does that in the first gen

Swampertbreeder45
21st May 2006, 1:44 PM
I've heard that if you catch Missingno and train it, it evolves into Kangaskhan. Did I miss something?
;115; No, you didn't. I got the same thing. A Kangaskhan with 2 Sky Attacks, Water Gun, and I think a Siesmic Toss is what I got. Also there is a glicth where if your party is full and you catch Missingno, it goes to your pc, but can't get it out. Why? Explantion plz.;068; Plus, rate my team, Emerald Team Rates.;347;

Edited because of spelling mistake.

pharaohguy530
21st May 2006, 9:04 PM
NO, Mega Trickster. It would just do the succesful, "Gotcha! Pikachu was caught!" And then pop out. It didn't go to the added to pokedex thing either. It would look like its completely captured, and then pop out. All 4 pings. Then pop out, no matter what I used.
Anyways, new weird glitch thing. Or not.
When you use dig,check out your charcter when he is flying up. (This is in Green, BTW.) He just becomes a bunch of letters.

Mega Trickster
21st May 2006, 9:46 PM
NO, Mega Trickster. It would just do the succesful, "Gotcha! Pikachu was caught!" And then pop out. It didn't go to the added to pokedex thing either. It would look like its completely captured, and then pop out. All 4 pings. Then pop out, no matter what I used.
Anyways, new weird glitch thing. Or not.
When you use dig,check out your charcter when he is flying up. (This is in Green, BTW.) He just becomes a bunch of letters.

The letter things happen in RBY as well.

silver girl
31st May 2006, 7:13 PM
Once I was surfing from Cinnabar Island to Alabaster Town. One step before I could go on land some wild pkmn came. After I'd defeated it, i wanted to go on land, but then the screen and music stopped for some seconds and then I was suddenly standing on land - and still with the surf-pkmn sprite and surf music. And the coolest was I could go through fences and people! But when I wanted to discover what is next to the maps we see normally, my game crashed. And that glitch never happened again.
THE END
xD

Headshot-Jackal465
1st June 2006, 3:23 AM
I rescently read this interesting article on the origins of MissingNo. and why you can find strange pokemon in the water. Lemme try to find the link...
http://www.hostultra.com/~mewtwofan/index.php?id=missingno
Mainly, MissingNo. was created by the developers in order to test the mechanics of catching pokemon and what-not, but was never removed acidentally.

I surfed seafoam's eastern coast to find my MissingNo., but I never found an 'M...I was always confused about this until I read the article--I had just chosen the wrong name, or something...

So, anyways, my question: I surfed Seafoam's east coast to find MissingNo., others have found him on Ciannbar (spelling)'s coast...are there any other documented places of finding one? I tend to think that they would be found in places where the developers coded the game to allow for pokemon to be found there, but did not specify which ones could be found--thereby allowing for pokemon such as MissingNo. ...

Mega Trickster
1st June 2006, 3:38 AM
I rescently read this interesting article on the origins of MissingNo. and why you can find strange pokemon in the water. Lemme try to find the link...
http://www.hostultra.com/~mewtwofan/index.php?id=missingno
Mainly, MissingNo. was created by the developers in order to test the mechanics of catching pokemon and what-not, but was never removed acidentally.

I surfed seafoam's eastern coast to find my MissingNo., but I never found an 'M...I was always confused about this until I read the article--I had just chosen the wrong name, or something...

So, anyways, my question: I surfed Seafoam's east coast to find MissingNo., others have found him on Ciannbar (spelling)'s coast...are there any other documented places of finding one? I tend to think that they would be found in places where the developers coded the game to allow for pokemon to be found there, but did not specify which ones could be found--thereby allowing for pokemon such as MissingNo. ...

Alot of people know they are placeholders by now.

And Seafoam Island's and Cinnabar's strips of land are the only place to make them appear the normal way. The other way is the Extended Mew Trick.

Headshot-Jackal465
1st June 2006, 4:54 AM
Right, thanks...sorry to post unneeded info, tho...Im new here.

But I only rescently found out that Cinnabar island had the same effect. I always did it on seafoam.

Mega Trickster
1st June 2006, 4:58 AM
Right, thanks...sorry to post unneeded info, tho...Im new here.

But I only rescently found out that Cinnabar island had the same effect. I always did it on seafoam.

Well if you want to know why then sit tight.

When translating the games for America/everywhere else but Japan they made 2 mistakes, forgetting to program what Pokemon appear on those two strips of land. This how stuff like Missingno., 'M, and the Safari Glitch came to be found.
Ugh blah blah blah visit www.trsrockin.com i dont feel like explaining the whole damn thing.

P_S_B
4th June 2006, 3:51 AM
Research I have done on the subject of the Lv100+ pokemon that exist near Cinnabar suggests to find Mewtwo and Alakazam on Cinnabar, have the name DAVID

Mega Trickster
4th June 2006, 5:49 AM
Research I have done on the subject of the Lv100+ pokemon that exist near Cinnabar suggests to find Mewtwo and Alakazam on Cinnabar, have the name DAVID

For anyone who wants to do something like that without wasting so much time can check out this R/B Hex List (http://www.trsrockin.com/hexlist.html) that will make what Pokemon appear at Cinnabar/Seafoam according to your name. Use symbols at your own risk as they make glitched trainers appear that can be very harmful to the game.

The Mighty Wurmple
4th June 2006, 8:38 AM
I found a glitch! Although it's a glitch within a glitch city..So...It's probably the 655635th time it's happened :/
I was playing around with glitch city today and I found a tree!
I went to cut it down, and I did.And again...And Again!
The tree kept growing back as soon as I cut it down!
Anyway, you've probably had it happen to you :\

Aeroglyphix
7th June 2006, 8:15 PM
When I was looking for a MISSINGNO. I found some level 160 Charmeleons level 180 Porygons and there were no level 80 MISSINGNO.'S there were only level 160.

Liam-Kun
7th June 2006, 8:25 PM
I can only find muks T.T

4 8 15 16 23 42
9th June 2006, 9:09 PM
Once, I don't know how but on my brother's red, he fought Giovanni in Pokemon Tower (the place with the ghosts)!

TigerClaw
10th June 2006, 6:17 AM
I've seen people walk backwards instead of forward which scared me o_o

Nevetszero
10th June 2006, 9:20 AM
Hey how do you get into Glitch city again?

Ampris
10th June 2006, 7:06 PM
I'm not sure about Glitch City, but there are a few sites with info on it. TR's Rockin' is a good one.

Angel Latias just told me about something she remembered from her Yellow game. She was around Misty's gym, and her pikachu was angry at being left in the box. After losing to Misty and going outside, pikachu shocked the character and there were flashing thunder effects.
She isn't sure if it was a dream or really happened, so if someone would care to test this we'd be grateful.

Missingno. Master
10th June 2006, 9:46 PM
I can only find muks T.T
It all depends on the letters in the player's name.

This (http://www.trsrockin.com) ought to tell you more.

XDbonsly
12th June 2006, 4:20 AM
The worst pikachu attitude kicks in when you go to Sunny Town (Glitch City). The bad mood swing is skull and crossbones, it must have been a dream.

Luxuria
14th June 2006, 2:18 PM
For some reason on my yellow whenever I go to glitch city, my Pikachu never gets p*ssed when I fly back to Kanto..>_>

Oh and TigerClaw, that's happened to me as well. People moving Backwards and Sideways. o_O

Mega Trickster
15th June 2006, 12:51 AM
People moving backwards and sideways happens tons of time on my Green. Sometimes they even fly off the map and disappear!!! (freaky)

.::leeloo::.
18th June 2006, 12:40 AM
k well i'm still confused about glitch city.. can you or cant you get to it through and english version yellow...

another question.. ok say that staduim 1 is sensitive to missingnos when you upload the game.. but what if you caught missingno using the transfer pak and stadium 1?.. will it still mess up everything?

btw sry about my long post back a dozen pages... i need to learn about other stickies..... -_-

Mega Trickster
18th June 2006, 1:35 AM
k well i'm still confused about glitch city.. can you or cant you get to it through and english version yellow...

If it's a 1st gen game, it will work. No questions.

Chaos Rush
19th June 2006, 3:00 AM
To learn more about Missingno, and other glitches you should visit this site:
http://www.trsrockin.com

It has alot of info about Missingno, 'M, and Glitch City.

19th June 2006, 3:08 AM
ive read most of their glitch stuff and i'm going after lm4 tonight.. great site btw. is there anything to really DO in glitch city? most of them for me are one tile of walkable space and all the rest were parts of buildings, routes and letters... except the one on cycling road and route 28

Sethglitch
19th June 2006, 6:36 PM
"First off, you need to have NOT beaten the youngster with the Slowpoke that is by Bill's house or the Gambler between Celadon and Lavender. Second, you must have fly. Be sure to have a weak Pokemon that can safely weaken a Pokemon at LV 7, or just take some Ultra Balls along. Go through the underground passage and as soon as you exit, don't move. Save at this point, because if you mess up the next step the whole glitch is ruined. Once you have saved, walk one step down and immediately press start. If you did it right the Gambler won't notice you. Go straight to the Pokemon status screen and fly to Cerulean City--you'll notice that once you start flying, the Gambler will get the little exclamation point over his head that means he noticed you. Once you have gotten there, you'll notice that your start button doesn't work--it's because the game thinks you are in a battle with the Gambler, and in battles, the start button doesn't work. Walk up Nugget Bridge and find the youngster, but don't walk right up to him, or the game will crash. Walk up so that he will have to walk over to you when he notices you. Beat his Slowpoke, and your start button will work again. Fly to Lavender town. Go left--towards where the Gambler is--and when you get into route 8 your start menu will pop up all by itself. DON'T save, press B right away. When the start menu closes, you will be attacked by a LV 7 Mew! Catch it, and then rejoice!"

i have cuagthen a mew on red, blue, and yellow! it does work!

chris_downunder
20th June 2006, 6:20 AM
My brothers blue versio has an awesome glitch like thing...

You go to the seafoam islands from fushia cities side then surf up and down where the water meets the land, you find the pokemonm from the last place you have been....he uses it to catch kangaskans ect from the safari zone.

Kimori
20th June 2006, 6:43 AM
My brothers blue versio has an awesome glitch like thing...

You go to the seafoam islands from fushia cities side then surf up and down where the water meets the land, you find the pokemonm from the last place you have been....he uses it to catch kangaskans ect from the safari zone.

Yeah, that works in all R/B games! :)

Erus Black Mage
20th June 2006, 9:12 PM
Today I were ****ing around with red and I decided to battle one of the swimmers near fuchsia, I swam up until one of the trainers were off screen, then I went down and pressed start at the same time, I flew to fuchsia, then I went left and had a ditto turn into my mewtwo, I beaten it, then I battled another trainer, and flew back to fuchsia, when I was about to jump over the first ledge south to fuchsia, the pause menu came up, and a level 7 missingno appeared!

Kyrix
21st June 2006, 3:49 PM
Hi I'm new here and when I saw a page for glitches I had to cotribute.
First of all the "mew trick" with the gambler and the youngster is actually a small part in a much bigger glitch to catch any pokemon you want!
1. you walk in front of the gambler when he is at the edge of the screen and pause.
2. then use fly and fly to a town near an area where you have not fought a trainer and it can be anywhere. (By the way if the start menu isn't working this trick is working!)
3. next you battle a trainer but make them walk to you or the game will mess up. Do it like this= !
you are here # & they are here
Not like this= !
you are here#& they are here
4. after you win unlike the fast "mew trick" go find a wild ditto and make it transform into a pokemon with a special stat of 21. defeat it or run. (WARNING! DO NOT BATTLE ANY OTHER POKEMON OR IT WILL NOT WORK!)
5. fly to lavender town and step onto the square that takes you to the same acre as the gambler. Start menu pops up. close it. and vola mew.
For any other pokemon change the special stat to a different number and some of them may be missingno.

Kimori
21st June 2006, 6:28 PM
Today I were ****ing around with red and I decided to battle one of the swimmers near fuchsia, I swam up until one of the trainers were off screen, then I went down and pressed start at the same time, I flew to fuchsia, then I went left and had a ditto turn into my mewtwo, I beaten it, then I battled another trainer, and flew back to fuchsia, when I was about to jump over the first ledge south to fuchsia, the pause menu came up, and a level 7 missingno appeared!

Wow, that's weird! I thought you could only fly away from the gambler! o.o

berty106
22nd June 2006, 11:44 AM
i brought pokemon blue like a year ago to mess around with glitches, i still havent defeated brock xD!
anyway, besides the missingno and M', mew glitch thing and glitch city are there any more glitches worth finding?

Kyrix
22nd June 2006, 3:12 PM
i brought pokemon blue like a year ago to mess around with glitches, i still havent defeated brock xD!
anyway, besides the missingno and M', mew glitch thing and glitch city are there any more glitches worth finding?

When you use the mew trick of a special stat of 192 or higher there are a lot of cool glitches. Most won't mess up your game but STAY AWAY 194! It is a glitch called .4 it looks like a small bug. It totaly distroys your game, I had to buy a new one after this. lm4 is probably the best. In the end you could have a nidoking or clefable with moves they could never learn like hypnosis and water gun.

berty106
22nd June 2006, 6:07 PM
xD hahaha. its one thing i miss from the origional games is the glitches!
i think i've herd of something like that, but i didnt look to much into it! ill give it ago though, i've got nothing better to do now its summer =]

Trooper Guy
22nd June 2006, 6:33 PM
I must have been one of the few lucky ones who's game did not get screwed up by Missingno. Lucky me.
My game didn't screw up either. I caught each one, as i brought a spare Blue version just for catching glitches.

Kyrix
22nd June 2006, 7:40 PM
I don't know if anyone else knows this but if you trade glitches like "A" to yellow version it becomes a completely different glitch. like "A" becomes 4_4. Which is a messed up bulbasaur usually with two blizzards or two explotion.

22nd June 2006, 10:17 PM
yea yellow has its own version of all of the glitches... except i think missingno.. he still looks the same. the bulbasaur thing you're talking about, did you encounter a glitch pokemon, then did your whole team become glitchy looking bulbasaurs with all attacks explosion and all level 153?

if so then its the 153 glitch... thats what i call it anyways because everything about the glitch has to do with the number 153.

it screws up you game sometimes. the # 153 is the special stat you use to encounter it using the mew trick with ditto.

Kyrix
22nd June 2006, 10:27 PM
yeah its levels were 153. except pikachu still followed me and when I talked to him a box poped up a messed up pika voice was heard and glitchy pictures flashed everywhere. then my game froze up. Oh yeah in battle pika was one of those 4 4 glitchs

PsychoKadabra
22nd June 2006, 11:04 PM
Those Pokemon that you get when you surf along the east coast of Cinnabar are determined by your name (except for Missingno). I've gotten Snorlaxes, Wigglytuffs, Squirtles, and Arcanines before.

The Evil Angel Of Darkness
23rd June 2006, 1:51 AM
I just caught a Nidorino at lvl 178 and i put it in one battle and it lvl up to lvl 100. I did it to see MissingoNO. but i ran into that inseaed

Kyrix
23rd June 2006, 3:02 AM
I found this huge glitch although some may not consider it a glitch! As you know nearly everything in pokemon games are coded with hex numbers. Some items, attacks, pokemon trainers, and pokemon have the same hex value. like gyarados's hex is 22, vine whip's is 22, and cascade's is 22. But the pokemon doesn't always have the same hex value attack. I don't have a g/s/c so I can't prove its holding an item of same hex. but if someone can trade one to g/s/c and post it here it would help my research. (be sure to include what item it was holding.)
Anyway the main reason is back to hex values pokemon that need stones to evolve don't need the stone if they grow enough levels and the pokemon with the same hex as an item is second in your party.
like moon stone is exeggutor, water stone is onix, leaf stone is psyduck, thunder stone is growlith, and fire stone is the mew trick stat of 32 missingno. just have them second in your party and the stone needing pokemon in front. raise it some levels and poof it evolves!

Kyrix
23rd June 2006, 4:25 AM
about over lv 100 pokemon as stated by psychokadabra that they are determined by your name. well of the seven characters in your name the first one I have no clue what it does but the 2, 4, 6 letter adds with a number around 126 (a=1 b=2 ect. symbols are 0.) this is its level. Then the 3, 5, 7 determines what pokemon it is. (I don't have many of them but I do know mewtwo is D not d, squirtle is r, abra is z.) and with this you get 3 new kinds of missingno and they are called missingno. For lower case w, x, and y there is the ghost of lavender town missingno and kobutops and areodactyl skeletons. these missingno are much different than the original one. first they have the base moves and type of ether the first or last pokemon in your party. (look in serebii's pokedex for these, attacks with the -) then in battle they are a glitch box or a horribly mutated version of the pokemon right after it in the line up. finally it can learn all the same tms/hms of the last pokemon in your party and last one you saw anywhere. (in battle, pokedex, pokemon next to you in opening those kind.) Oh yeah it can't evolve from what I've seen, its stats jump around, and it doesn't have a picture when you check its stats so it never looks like a skeleton or ghost again.

Mega Trickster
23rd June 2006, 4:40 AM
On a side note if you're playing Green don't bother catching the Ghost and Fossil Missingno.s, they have no backsprite which means when they go into battle....your game freezes.

Pure
23rd June 2006, 4:44 AM
I've only gotten Golducks, Oddishes and the odd Tauros.

Manene
23rd June 2006, 5:44 AM
Okay, I think I might have a minor glitch in my Yellow. One time I was fishing next to the Fishing Guru's house (This is the one that gives you the Super Rod.) and I hooked a Seadra. Then I caught it and checked it's nest. But when I did, It said "Aera Unknown". Its the same for Horsea and Poliwag. Help please?

Manene out;manene;

23rd June 2006, 6:27 AM
sounds like a glitch...

I found this huge glitch although some may not consider it a glitch! As you know nearly everything in pokemon games are coded with hex numbers. Some items, attacks, pokemon trainers, and pokemon have the same hex value. like gyarados's hex is 22, vine whip's is 22, and cascade's is 22. But the pokemon doesn't always have the same hex value attack. I don't have a g/s/c so I can't prove its holding an item of same hex. but if someone can trade one to g/s/c and post it here it would help my research. (be sure to include what item it was holding.)
Anyway the main reason is back to hex values pokemon that need stones to evolve don't need the stone if they grow enough levels and the pokemon with the same hex as an item is second in your party.
like moon stone is exeggutor, water stone is onix, leaf stone is psyduck, thunder stone is growlith, and fire stone is the mew trick stat of 32 missingno. just have them second in your party and the stone needing pokemon in front. raise it some levels and poof it evolves!

yea that happens a lot to people and they dont even know why. kinda funny
the 153 glitch works in much the same way as the element stone hex glitches. haha

Kyrix
23rd June 2006, 3:02 PM
Okay, I think I might have a minor glitch in my Yellow. One time I was fishing next to the Fishing Guru's house (This is the one that gives you the Super Rod.) and I hooked a Seadra. Then I caught it and checked it's nest. But when I did, It said "Aera Unknown". Its the same for Horsea and Poliwag. Help please?

Manene out;manene;

On the old games they wanted to make it hard to find rare pokemon like dratini horsea, seadra those pokemon. for some reason they found it nessary not to include them in the pokedex. but if you have stadium 1 I'm possitive it gives out locations of every pokemon, what level, and rarity

Kyrix
23rd June 2006, 3:52 PM
A friend came over a little while ago with his gold version and you can trade most glitches found by the mew trick to g/s/c and they think they are johto pokemon! A became a cyndaquill with ice beam, transform, sludgebomb, and rollout! A had known ice beam and transform but it knew tm 24 and tm 17 (glitch attacks like cool trainer) instead of sludgebomb and rollout. so now he has a very unique cyndaquill. I think g/s/c processes 192 and above glitches as g/s/c pokemon since their hexes are similar if not same. and the hexes of glitch moves like tm 24 are processed as the new moves

berty106
23rd June 2006, 9:41 PM

Manene out;manene;

im pretty sure that most water pokemon you catch only by fishing possibly surf have 'area unknown' from what i renembered. not sure why just one of those things. if not then my game does it to, its probably not a harmfull glitch but just part of the programing im guessing.

.:Broken Psyche:.
25th June 2006, 6:28 AM
The VERY first time I played my Blue game, my Charmander evolved at :L14. After that, even if I did a factory restart, it never happened again.

Rukario2000
25th June 2006, 7:02 AM
A dragonite with a Yoshi head.YEAH,RIGHT! i highly doubt that

Kyrix
26th June 2006, 2:08 AM
I don't think I've seen this glitch so I'm going to add it.
COOL DITTO
1. get a ditto
2. go to the grass strip that leads to the curulean cave
3. find a pidgy
4. use transform, switch its sand attack with quick attack and win the battle
5. check ditto's stats instead of transform there should be a blank space when you go over it its type is cooltrainer female symbol
6. use ether, max ether, elixer, max elixer to restore pp (note: pokemon center healing won't work.
7. use in battle has on of three effects
A. weak attack meddium acuracy
B. strong attack with meddium acuracy
C. almost always a one hit ko when opponet dies game resets itself
And that is the cool ditto glitch

26th June 2006, 4:32 AM
yea i've heard about that one. it doesnt have to be a pidgey, it can be any pokemon- you just switch the top and bottom moves

EleKid 12
27th June 2006, 3:41 AM
ok when i tried me trick after i fley away from gambler then i could not press start.also when i got in a battle my game FROZE.plz tell me y

27th June 2006, 8:34 AM
when you got into a battle, (im assuming with a trainer) did you step right in front of him so that the game stops and the music keeps cycling FOREVER?

if so, there's your problem, you need to make the second trainer walk up to YOU.

k here's the explanation:
when you press start in front of the gambler, and fly away, the game thinks that you were just challenged to a battle and is waiting for the gambler to come to you so that it can initiate the battle screen and animation. since this doesnt happen right away, you essentially "freeze time" within your game. (i dont know how it affects the clock but thats another topic)
when you encounter the second trainer, the game jams up because there is supposed to be a pause where the trainer walks up to you (the game has confused the two trainers) if the trainer can't walk up to you because you are right infront of him, then the game loses all continuity and freaks out. thats why it freezes.

on the other hand, if the trainer does walk up to you , then the game will just think it was the gambler. once the battle is over the game is back to normal.. almost. its still got a small backed up bit of info that says you pressed the start button on the route with the gambler. so when you go to that route the start menu pops up. then you encounter mew.. yada yada yada

hope that wasnt too confusing...

Hiropkmnmaster
28th June 2006, 5:14 AM
One of my friends told me about a Bills Garden a couple years back. He says if you have six machamps, and they all use strength, you can push the boulders of Pallet Town. Then there's a bunch of Pokemon like Kabutops and Mew and stuff. Has anyone cracked this code?

krymzen
28th June 2006, 6:38 AM
*****I have just discovered this.. am i the only one that has???***

Where is Glitch city?
look, I know that glitch city is in the Safari zone... But I was using walk through walls code on my friends device-of-much-evilness, and I walked "through" the entrance to the elite 4..
WHere is says, "you need the boulderbadge, go out side and then walk through the building, and it looks exactly like glitch city, the 9's all over the screen and everything.... except there's a cerulean guard that looks to me like he's half eaten.. XD

Am I the only one to find this? or is this old news?

thanks!

28th June 2006, 8:54 AM
One of my friends told me about a Bills Garden a couple years back. He says if you have six machamps, and they all use strength, you can push the boulders of Pallet Town. Then there's a bunch of Pokemon like Kabutops and Mew and stuff. Has anyone cracked this code?

slap your friend
there isn't and never was anything called bill's garden or anything resembling a garden.
this is a phony stupid fake(more stupid than the mew under the truck deal)
i hope you never tried to find bill's garden
face it.. gardening's not his thing

*****I have just discovered this.. am i the only one that has???***

Where is Glitch city?
look, I know that glitch city is in the Safari zone... But I was using walk through walls code on my friends device-of-much-evilness, and I walked "through" the entrance to the elite 4..
WHere is says, "you need the boulderbadge, go out side and then walk through the building, and it looks exactly like glitch city, the 9's all over the screen and everything.... except there's a cerulean guard that looks to me like he's half eaten.. XD

Am I the only one to find this? or is this old news?

thanks!

well since you used a cheating device, then anything can happen. plus the game was supposed to keep that section locked until you got all of the badges- and you didnt even have the first one! and you're not supposed to be able to walk back out once you walk in, so it IS glitch city but not one that many people have seen.

Hiropkmnmaster
28th June 2006, 5:22 PM
Oh. ITs just that he printed out this sheets telling me about cloning in G/S and Missingno in R/B. I thought since those were true, then maybe bills garden was real too. Sorry for the dumbo question. Heh heh. Dumbo.

Faerie
29th June 2006, 2:57 AM
Yeesh. I've heard so many rumours about glitches in my life, expecially in early elementary school...I remember something about the Saffron City gym, but I can't remember exactly what it was. But there was this other one about fighting Ketsuban (Missingno.) and then, after the battle, items would rain from the sky. O_o I'm not making this up; someone really told me that would happen. And for a while I believed it, probably because I didn't own Red, Blue or Yellow at the time. xD

Kingudora
29th June 2006, 4:22 PM
i like the newer mew glitch
one blue, ive electabuzz and lv 7 aricuno

Smeargle_the_painter
30th June 2006, 2:10 AM
i heard that if you use a master ball on a level 21 growlithe it will break out of the master ball O.o is this true? my brother told me, so i think its crap.

JJAB91
30th June 2006, 2:32 AM
No its fake.

KamiKazi Games
1st July 2006, 4:56 AM
Finally, after months of hard glitchzoring, i have traded a missingno to my gold. Once it got to my gold, it said, "Your game appears to be unstable, please reset.". I did as i was asked, reset, went back in, checked my party and there was a pokemon there called Missingno! ok, so that's cool. I check it's summary. The cry of a Noctowl, the top half of the sprite was a glitched gengar, the bottom half a shiny pidgey. I thought i might try to battle with it (it's level 0), i run into a wild pokemon, bam game freezes. i reset, nothing, the game doesn't respond. I repeat doing so until it finally got to the main menu....then froze again.

MORAL: do not try to be a **** like me and mess up your pokemon versions. My gold no longer works.

EDIT: i have posted this in the r/b/y instead of g/s/c BECAUSE the missingno i traded to gold was from my red version.

Deucalion
1st July 2006, 1:21 PM
I have 999 steps in the Safari Zone on my Red. The Downside? There is not one Pokemon in the damned Safari Zone! It is an empty area! Not even a Nidoran! That is why you should never use the Mew Trick then go into the Safari Zone halfway through. "Sobs" I never got a Chansey...

Staryu
1st July 2006, 5:36 PM
Eh. I looked at my Hall of Fame in red yesterday, and it's just like cut up pokemon sprites everywhere, then Missingno, then blank with Pokemon center noises/different city noises, then a level 292 Parasect ><

Luxuria
2nd July 2006, 2:06 AM
Eh. I looked at my Hall of Fame in red yesterday, and it's just like cut up pokemon sprites everywhere, then Missingno, then blank with Pokemon center noises/different city noises, then a level 292 Parasect ><
That happens if you run into 'M' or Missingno. once you've beaten your game..just incase you didn't know.

squirrel boy
2nd July 2006, 4:59 AM
i like doing them!
LOL

Chaos Wolf
3rd July 2006, 9:00 PM
I remember a odd glitch that occured in my blue version. I was having trouble in the safari zone (kept catching nidorans). so I switched to another box.I caught chansey. I saved it and the next time I check there isn't a single pokemon in any of the boxes except for the one I had been on. there goes charizard, the legendary bird and the rest. I reset it after that.

thorn_SL
3rd July 2006, 9:03 PM
I feel missigno made the past games to easy. Thats why I'm hooked to the latest gen games.

Deucalion
3rd July 2006, 9:33 PM
Ever tried battling a missingno. while using Ditto? Don't! When you use Transform, Ditto's picture pixelates, and goes all wierd. It's moves become Egue Champ, which is probably cut from League Champion, and Ter Types, (The comma is part of it), which I assume is from Water Types,. Egue Champ deleted my save data, and when I tried it again Ter Types, turns the missingno. into a Bird Catcher image. If you run after using Ter Types, all moving sprites except yours are gone. That means no trainers, no moving Pokemon, the sea water doesn't move and so on. On the upside, after doing this, if you trade the Ditto to Gold, Silver, or Crystal it will always be Shiny.

♪Crystal Mew♪
5th July 2006, 4:37 AM
If I remember right Ditto transforms just fine... with Sky Attack Water Gun and Water Guy...

maybe transforming into ▒M'▒ is bad

PikachuRocks4Ever
5th July 2006, 6:00 AM
Hey is it true you can trade Missingno into pokemon stadium and It'll look like a substitute doll?

Golden_Latias
5th July 2006, 6:51 AM
I fought Oak in my Blue quite a few times. Five out of six of his Pokemon were Missingnos of different shapes and sizes, and the sixth was a Flareon with a slightly glitched up tail. They were all at level 38 or so, so I beat them easily every time.

Who knew Oak liked glitchy Pokemon? xD.

Hey is it true you can trade Missingno into pokemon stadium and It'll look like a substitute doll?
Never bothered to try it, probably never will.

gscsquirtlefan
5th July 2006, 8:31 AM
before i start, i havent used the mew glitch or the missingno thing. a friend used a gameshark on my pak several years ago, and since then i've restarted the game a few times.

i was trading over the high level pokemon from my red version to my crystal to save them and restart my red via pokemon stadium 2. on my red version i had pokemon in boxes 1 and 2, my party, and for some reason box 13. red version doesnt even have a box 13, but inside were four level 2 "normal" dittos not holding any items, and a level 40 weedle that knows petal dance, hi jump kick, submission, and stun spore holding a pokeball.

is this from the gameshark way back when? or is it some glitch because pokemon stadium was giving it two extra boxes?

Kyrix
5th July 2006, 2:42 PM
I fought Oak in my Blue quite a few times. Five out of six of his Pokemon were Missingnos of different shapes and sizes, and the sixth was a Flareon with a slightly glitched up tail. They were all at level 38 or so, so I beat them easily every time.

Who knew Oak liked glitchy Pokemon? xD.

Never bothered to try it, probably never will.

I think I know what happened here but I need info.
1. what was in the 3,5,7 slot of your name?
2. was it on the cinibar coast place?
the missingno glitch includes over level 100 pokemon symbols result in glitch trainers that could posibly delete your game. also gym leaders are sometimes in these symbols so when you beat them you sometimes get their badge!!
btw missingno/m in stadium looks like the sub. doll but I've tried and can't use it in battle

gscsquirtlefan
6th July 2006, 12:11 AM
i checked the trading thing again, and the box 13 changed. it now holds : level 12 weedle named "V VV" that knows poison sting, is asleep, and has OT (femalesign).. ..G that has28800 out of 34 hp

level 77 farfetch'd, no name, knows peck, paralyzed, OT 99 t' that has 32802 out of 210 hp

level 16 golduck, no name, knows clamp rolling kick and spike cannon, and OT V T, and has 8256 out of 51 hp, holding a friend ball

level 100 ditto, no name, knows transform, normal, OT n99999, and has 3320 out of 26 hp/

level 2 kadabra, no name, knows bite and hi jump kick, paralyzed, OT 12208, and has 14336 out of 16 hp.

so all have a weird OT, all have paralysis or sleep, all have abnormal hp, and all but ditto know weird moves (weedle doesnt know string shot).

has this happened to anyone else?

Golden_Latias
6th July 2006, 3:00 AM
the missingno glitch includes over level 100 pokemon symbols result in glitch trainers that could posibly delete your game. also gym leaders are sometimes in these symbols so when you beat them you sometimes get their badge!!
btw missingno/m in stadium looks like the sub. doll but I've tried and can't use it in battle
1.This was years ago, I don't remember.
2.Yes, but I don't think it deleted my game.

And I remember my brother's team got destroyed by a level 111 Drowzee, too.

EDIT:New rank! Finally!

P_S_B
6th July 2006, 11:59 AM

1. In the 3,5,7 slot of your name were the characters which determinned which pokemon/trainers you would face when doing the missingno. trick. eg. DAVIDdy would give you: Mewtwo, Alakazam and Ghost Missingno.

2. Yes, the Cinnabar coast is the most common place where the trick is done, but it also works on the Seafoam coast.

violetriot
7th July 2006, 1:56 AM
why are glitches so amazing, ive tryed the glitch city one anf your can hardly move?

Kingudora
7th July 2006, 11:24 AM
well glitch city isnt amazing, but the newer mew glitch are
with that i could catch an electabuzz and a lv 7 articuno on blue

Mega Trickster
7th July 2006, 4:36 PM
why are glitches so amazing, ive tryed the glitch city one anf your can hardly move?

The Pallet Town one in R/B you can't move in.

But in Green you can move in it, and theres even a reachable patch grass! (nothing appears and you can't cut it)

violetriot
7th July 2006, 8:07 PM
ok how did you get a lv 7 artincuno, i thought that trick only worked for mewy

Mega Trickster
7th July 2006, 8:12 PM

In the Mew Trick sticky, it shows 2 ways to do the trick. Do the second one and match up your Pokemon's special number with the one shown for Articuno.

Dreamcoat
7th July 2006, 11:38 PM
Does anyone remember what exactly it was that you had to do with the red Gyarados from G/S/C in order to get a shiny Ditto?

Cheese
8th July 2006, 2:00 AM
The Glitch City you get to in Cycling Road is moveable. Only your sprite keeps moving down like you were on the slopes.

8th July 2006, 7:47 AM
the one on route 28 has grass and r28 pokemon appear in it. and the seafoam islands route has a really cool glitch city too (or so i've heard).

MasterDIMM
8th July 2006, 1:16 PM
My personal favorite glitch was the Weedle- Cinnibar Island glitch.

I'd end up with level 127 Kinglers; Heavens I loved them

Kingudora
8th July 2006, 1:44 PM
look here mew glitch and how to get all other (http://pokeglitch.tripod.com/id1.html)

Kyrix
8th July 2006, 10:44 PM
look here mew glitch and how to get all other (http://pokeglitch.tripod.com/id1.html)
That site gave me 20 pop ups, and kept telling me to click yes to continue and then crashed my com. here is something similar but includes items in g/s/c, their special attack but sometimes don't have it, and if any, the letter for over lv 100 pokemon on cinibar coast http://www.trsrockin.com/hexlist.html

BasiltheDragon
9th July 2006, 1:25 PM
I'm getting Kabutops MissingNo. with the MissingNo. glitch, and for some reason, all their stats are in the 300's, and done change...

Kyrix
9th July 2006, 3:57 PM
I'm getting Kabutops MissingNo. with the MissingNo. glitch, and for some reason, all their stats are in the 300's, and done change...
you get the kabutops missingno if you have a lower case w in the 3, 5, 7 spot of your name

P_S_B
10th July 2006, 1:45 PM
you get the kabutops missingno if you have a lower case w in the 3, 5, 7 spot of your name

You can also get it using the extended Mew Glitch with a special of 182

Does anyone remember what exactly it was that you had to do with the red Gyarados from G/S/C in order to get a shiny Ditto?

You trade the red Gyarados into R/B/Y. Make sure it has at least 1 non-damage move. Teach Gyarados mimic. Find a ditto, make ditto transform into gyarados, make gyarados transform into ditto, then catch the ditto. It should be shiny. It didn't work for me, but I might have done something wrong. That's the method I found BTW, so it should work for you.

?????
10th July 2006, 7:52 PM
hi some weird glitch happend on my visual boy advance rom of red.
i used a bunch of gameshark and gamegenie codes and now i can throw pokeballs out side of battle i caught a M(evolved into lv.6 rydon) and a ditto.

squirrel boy
11th July 2006, 3:15 PM
how did you get that on your psp?

P_S_B
12th July 2006, 3:58 PM
I've just realised something: In yellow version, Jessie and James exist. That means they have trainer sprites. The trainer sprites must take up a hex space. So, is there a extended mew glitch related way to fight Jessie and James on Yellow?

Kyrix
12th July 2006, 6:46 PM
I've just realised something: In yellow version, Jessie and James exist. That means they have trainer sprites. The trainer sprites must take up a hex space. So, is there a extended mew glitch related way to fight Jessie and James on Yellow?
I would think so but I can't try it because I've beaten everybody. (:()
btw on my blue version I caught a .4 (yeah its that important and evil) so far all it has done to my game was make radom sprites walk around and walk through walls (OH YEAH!!!) and of course battles are very messed up. Making opponents pokemon turn into glitches also he has one attack that puts himself to sleep and makes the opponent invincible!!

edit the first .4 turned into a rydon second is screwin the game up

ReaperRuler
13th July 2006, 5:20 AM
Is there a way to change your name in R/B/Y or do you need to use a cheat device?

Mega Trickster
13th July 2006, 5:23 PM
Is there a way to change your name in R/B/Y or do you need to use a cheat device?

I think there was a glitch in Yellow that changed your name into random stuff, but if you want to change it to what you want you need a GameShark

Kyrix
14th July 2006, 12:18 AM
I think there was a glitch in Yellow that changed your name into random stuff, but if you want to change it to what you want you need a GameShark
that happened to me before and all my pokes had black names and couldn't change them and pika somehow stopped following me about a month after that my game deleted it self
btw: I never use glitches in yellow only blue

MidnightFeathers
16th July 2006, 10:28 PM
When I accidently ran into Missingno, it glitched the game's graphics and sent a bug into the Game Boy Color system.

I thought the glitch was only in R/B.

?????
17th July 2006, 12:46 AM
now i caught a pidgy with my messed up game.
(how do i post screenshots)

Nick Mckenzie
17th July 2006, 6:30 AM
now i caught a pidgy with my messed up game.
(how do i post screenshots)
With a camera, maybe?
Or if it's a VBA or something like that, there's a Screen Capture option in the File Menu. Then just go to an image hoster and get a url for it, and post the url here.
I'm going to try to explore some Glitch Cities with my WTW code. I'll let you know if it works.

Kimori
17th July 2006, 8:38 PM
When I accidently ran into Missingno, it glitched the game's graphics and sent a bug into the Game Boy Color system.

I thought the glitch was only in R/B.

No, MissingNo is in R/B/G/Y, all the first gen games. Which game were you playing?

Kyrix
17th July 2006, 9:01 PM
Does anyone know what happened? I wass playing my yellow version on stadium and it said (blah blah GAME DATA HAS BEEN DISTROYED! START NEW GAME!) so I set it back to stadium and started gym leader castle kinda stunned in my mind and saw all my pokemon were still there. this has happened to me before but instead the data was gone! and this is a real yellow version and I have never used cheats on it, but like two days before I had gotten all 150 pokemon through trading without glitches. does anyone know what is happening!!!!!!?????
edit: sorry if you saw this twice I deleated the duplicate (com messed up)

Kitt Kat
18th July 2006, 6:10 AM
No-Named Ditto:

Well, I catched 'M and, of course, you must catch a Ditto when you do. That's not what I'm talking about.

I put 'M on Pokemon Red, Pokemon Stadium 2, then to Yellow, then on Pokemon Stadium 2 again, finally back on Red to where it started.

I looked at my team and saw a no named Pokemon. I clicked it and it was Ditto.

So, to sum it all up = 'M transformed into a no-named Ditto.

~~~

I'll make a video doing the same thing or take a picture of the Ditto later.

Kyrix
18th July 2006, 1:24 PM
No-Named Ditto:

Well, I catched 'M and, of course, you must catch a Ditto when you do. That's not what I'm talking about.

I put 'M on Pokemon Red, Pokemon Stadium 2, then to Yellow, then on Pokemon Stadium 2 again, finally back on Red to where it started.

I looked at my team and saw a no named Pokemon. I clicked it and it was Ditto.

So, to sum it all up = 'M transformed into a no-named Ditto.

~~~

I'll make a video doing the same thing or take a picture of the Ditto later.

Yeah when you catch M you will still be in a battle which ends up as a lv 0 or 80 ditto (same as M) if you put a glitch pokemon on stadium 1 it registers them as substitute dolls but on stadium 2 it registers them as ditto and if you use them they become ditto. This nearly happened to about 12 different glitches and I mean M, missingno, A, a, H poke, ect.

btw I caught M and I put it in the PC and withdrew H poke (glitch) but my finger slipped and I looked at M stats so know I can't withdraw M but I can withdraw others. so whats up with M

Mega Trickster
18th July 2006, 4:42 PM
Yeah when you catch M you will still be in a battle which ends up as a lv 0 or 80 ditto (same as M) if you put a glitch pokemon on stadium 1 it registers them as substitute dolls but on stadium 2 it registers them as ditto and if you use them they become ditto. This nearly happened to about 12 different glitches and I mean M, missingno, A, a, H poke, ect.

btw I caught M and I put it in the PC and withdrew H poke (glitch) but my finger slipped and I looked at M stats so know I can't withdraw M but I can withdraw others. so whats up with M

'M is like a computer virus in the PC. It can cause things like you never being able to take Pokemon out of your PC. Also it's a good idea to nickname an H Poke, because when they are nicknamed their glitchy effects lessen.

Kyrix
18th July 2006, 4:55 PM
'M is like a computer virus in the PC. It can cause things like you never being able to take Pokemon out of your PC. Also it's a good idea to nickname an H Poke, because when they are nicknamed their glitchy effects lessen.

1. I did nicknamed him H poke to get rid of glitchy effects and keep his name.
2. M was in my party and I deposited him. I can withdraw others but not M because I looked at his stats. I don't know what is happening with M all other pokemon are fine just not that M

Kitt Kat
19th July 2006, 7:56 AM
First of all, you have to get Jynx and Scyther, or at least have their data in the PokÚdex. Then go to the PokÚdex, scroll down to Jynx, select CRY, and while Jynx's cry is playing, QUICKLY go up to Scyther and select CRY. If done right the game will make a weird sound.

Note: You can do it with Mr. Mime if you don't have Scyther.

Kyrix
19th July 2006, 2:26 PM
First of all, you have to get Jynx and Scyther, or at least have their data in the PokÚdex. Then go to the PokÚdex, scroll down to Jynx, select CRY, and while Jynx's cry is playing, QUICKLY go up to Scyther and select CRY. If done right the game will make a weird sound.

Note: You can do it with Mr. Mime if you don't have Scyther.

I tried it and it works! it sounds nothing like Jynx or Mr. Mime(can't get scyther) it starts like jynx and then makes a noise like chun-clin (not good at writing sounds but this is what it sounded like)
also is it posible to evolve M into rydon. I know how to evolve M into kanghashan but not rydon

Hoshi no Kabii
20th July 2006, 12:36 AM
I just encountered a very strange glitch on my Red. When facing Brock, every one of my Weedle's Poision Sting's missed. Every single one. String Shot could hit, though. Then, I went to see if it worked against other pokemon. It worked on other trainer's pokemon and wild pokemon. But not Brock's. I went to face Brock again, and EVERY Poision Sting missed AGAIN.

Has this ever happened to anybody?

Mega Trickster
20th July 2006, 12:46 AM
I just encountered a very strange glitch on my Red. When facing Brock, every one of my Weedle's Poision Sting's missed. Every single one. String Shot could hit, though. Then, I went to see if it worked against other pokemon. It worked on other trainer's pokemon and wild pokemon. But not Brock's. I went to face Brock again, and EVERY Poision Sting missed AGAIN.

Has this ever happened to anybody?

It's just hax (luck). Every move (besides swift) has SOME CHANCE of missing in RBYG.

Hoshi no Kabii
20th July 2006, 2:16 PM
Yes, but the accuracy is ~99.4. If it misses 70 times in a row, I think hax is not the answer. ?_?

dragonite_master
20th July 2006, 7:12 PM
ive been wonderin is there any way to catch a ghost in pokemon tower. if there is would it screw my game up.someone i know said you could but i think he was lying

Kimori
20th July 2006, 9:00 PM
ive been wonderin is there any way to catch a ghost in pokemon tower. if there is would it screw my game up.someone i know said you could but i think he was lying

I think the only way you can catch a Ghost in the Pokemon Tower is with a gameshark. My friend caught one in FR/LG by using "have all pokeballs" code and using a Master ball on it. (I assume it works for R/B/Y/G too?) But, after she caught it, it turned into a Marowak. >.>

Mega Trickster
20th July 2006, 9:16 PM
I think the only way you can catch a Ghost in the Pokemon Tower is with a gameshark. My friend caught one in FR/LG by using "have all pokeballs" code and using a Master ball on it. (I assume it works for R/B/Y/G too?) But, after she caught it, it turned into a Marowak. >.>
It stilled dodged the ball even when I used a Masterball in my LG.

You can put a lowercase y in the 3rd, 5th, or 7th slot in your name to make Missingno. appear, the one that looks like a ghost.

Kimori
23rd July 2006, 7:15 PM
It stilled dodged the ball even when I used a Masterball in my LG.

You can put a lowercase y in the 3rd, 5th, or 7th slot in your name to make Missingno. appear, the one that looks like a ghost.

I'm sorry, it wasn't a Gameshark, it was an Action Replay that she used. Then I guess there's no way to catch the ghost in the Pokemon Tower in R/B/G/Y.. (unless you got the Missingno that looked like a ghost)

scrapbook
25th July 2006, 7:56 AM
I've heard that if you catch Missingno and train it, it evolves into Kangaskhan. Did I miss something?

I dont know if this has been replied, since this thread has almost 1000 post, and i am just starting to read the first page, which where i found this topic on the Missingno evolving into a kangaskan.

The truth is you Haft to catch the Other Missingno Which i her is just M and some other letters (The Missingno that is at level 0 ) That is the Missingo to use for getting a Kangaskan. All you haft to do is give it a rare candy or trade it till it on level 1, then it will evolve

Later peeps

Kyrix
25th July 2006, 2:55 PM
OIY! I caught a CHARIZARD M! all you have to do is have r/b and a yellow. first catch an "a" (spl. stat 192) in the mew trick. then trade it onto yellow. if you interpret its name it looks like "4 4 Hy" raise it a couple of lvs and it should evolve into a Q (gameshark pokemon) with the nickname TM55 (That is what mine did) and trade it back to R/B it will change again into a CHARIZARD M. be careful it can change other pokemon into more CHARIZARD Ms and I've heard it can transfer pokemons attacks but I'll loook a little more into that.

Oh I nearly forgot If you put him in the front of your party all your other pokemon will vanish off the screen but will still be there. if you move him too the back they will reapper. finally it as an OT of 00000000 so you can't nickname him. this is all I know on this CHARIZARD M for now.

P_S_B
26th July 2006, 10:45 AM
If it could switch moves, do you think it could get me a surfing Pikachu?

Kyrix
26th July 2006, 5:26 PM
If it could switch moves, do you think it could get me a surfing Pikachu?

maybe. I was doing some reseach last night and what you do is this
empty box:
surf pokemon
CHARIZARD M
pikachu

then I've read you look at the pokemon at the top's stats then the pokemon at the bottom's stats then sometimes it transfers the attack at the top to the attack at the top. BUT CHARIZARD M could posibly change the pokemon into more CHARIZARD Ms. I'll have to try this before anyone else does though, I don't want to be resonsible for everyone good pokemon turning into a CHARIZARD M!

BTW I've been meaning to say it is called "M" but I call it CHARIZARD M because it looks exactly like a charizard but 1. is called M and 2. has the colors of M.

I've been messing around with the mew trick and I fought a "trainer" (big glitch box) and it sent out a lv 180 M that was asleep! I had my lv 100 snorlax and I used hyper beam on it (glitches have low defence :)) and then its HP started scrolling down then made 3 new health bars then drained them untill it stopped a the 3 row of 3 bars at the middle. I do this 3 more time then it wakes up and crashes my game :D it was so funny.
Oh yeah all the music died in this battle there was only the sound of sleeping and hyper beam! (untill the game crashed, then there was a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE P!)

EDIT: I tried transfering moves and by looking at stats of first one then second one it worked! the second time the attacks got switched back. and the third time they both became charizard Ms

RyouChan
31st July 2006, 7:49 PM
BUT CHARIZARD M could posibly change the pokemon into more CHARIZARD Ms. I'll have to try this before anyone else does though, I don't want to be resonsible for everyone good pokemon turning into a CHARIZARD M!

BTW I've been meaning to say it is called "M" but I call it CHARIZARD M because it looks exactly like a charizard but 1. is called M and 2. has the colors of M.

I wouldn't hold onto the CHARIZARD 'M for too long if I wanted to use the cart ever again. It's known to be significantly more damaging than regular 'M (which is known to be significantly more damaging than all the varieties called 'MISSINGNO. save for a few). It can turn all the pokemon in your party into CHARIZARD 'M, but it doesn't do it for some people, so its unknown what triggers it. It can also turn all your pokemon into BULBASAUR. It's cry can cause the background music to end, and that's what it did to that battle you were talking about. It has been known to render a cart completely inoperaple, regardless of whether you start a new game. Some think replacing the internal battery can fix that, though. Since the game effectively has no memory without it.

CHARIZARD 'M is not 'M or MISSINGNO. It's a different glitch which occupies slots 248 to 255 of the game.

It can do a range of 'amusing' things such as randomly pull up another battle when you're on the battle screen, change your name to 'Z', and learn level-up moves with names like "TM50" and "JACK".

Kyrix
1st August 2006, 4:50 PM
I wouldn't hold onto the CHARIZARD 'M for too long if I wanted to use the cart ever again. It's known to be significantly more damaging than regular 'M (which is known to be significantly more damaging than all the varieties called 'MISSINGNO. save for a few). It can turn all the pokemon in your party into CHARIZARD 'M, but it doesn't do it for some people, so its unknown what triggers it. It can also turn all your pokemon into BULBASAUR. It's cry can cause the background music to end, and that's what it did to that battle you were talking about. It has been known to render a cart completely inoperaple, regardless of whether you start a new game. Some think replacing the internal battery can fix that, though. Since the game effectively has no memory without it.

CHARIZARD 'M is not 'M or MISSINGNO. It's a different glitch which occupies slots 248 to 255 of the game.

It can do a range of 'amusing' things such as randomly pull up another battle when you're on the battle screen, change your name to 'Z', and learn level-up moves with names like "TM50" and "JACK".

Yeah I've been experimenting with him and yeah but it hasn't done damage to my game. and I though the bulbasuar thing was only in yellow with a mew trickspl. stat of 254. All it does is set all the games variables to 153.
AKA lv 153/bulba's hex is 153/explosion's hex is 153/the letter Z is 153 and yeah that deletes your game data if you save with it.
but I've had charizard M for a while and it hasn't deleted my game or anything all it does is change my team into more charizard Ms every now and then. wierd

Mega Trickster
1st August 2006, 5:33 PM
Yeah I've been experimenting with him and yeah but it hasn't done damage to my game. and I though the bulbasuar thing was only in yellow with a mew trickspl. stat of 254. All it does is set all the games variables to 153.
AKA lv 153/bulba's hex is 153/explosion's hex is 153/the letter Z is 153 and yeah that deletes your game data if you save with it.
but I've had charizard M for a while and it hasn't deleted my game or anything all it does is change my team into more charizard Ms every now and then. wierd

Maybe he doesn't like to be different so he turns them into glitches just like him lol. Have you tried using him to battle with another glitch? You'll be surprised at the things that can happen when you do that.

I managed to find a way how to get Ghost Missingno. (Ghosto) to work in Green. You need to send out a normal Pokemon, then switch to him. If you don't do that then the game just freezes. And it appears that his backsprite is different everytime.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0386.jpg

Dummy991
2nd August 2006, 1:04 AM
if u like Glitches go 2 this site http://www.trsrockin.com/tales.html
it's a great site really!! ;056;

Glitches i have: LM4 |M' |MISSINGNO

Charizard006
3rd August 2006, 8:58 AM
New glitch( I think...)! Ok, so I was starting a new game on blue, I was progressing through the game as usual, but then when I walking towards the end of Viridian Forest, I was somehow transported to the ocean infront of Seafoam Islands! I tried to walk around, but a few seconds later the game froze.

Snaggron
4th August 2006, 1:32 AM
I caught a (the lowercase one) today, and it's weirded than any of my other glitches (A, LM4, Missingno [Aerodactyl]).

First of all, its name is only the letter "a" and a glitch block, yet it needs 4 lines to read out its "name".
Secondly, it evolved into spearow at level 9, and became Normal/Ground?!
Then it evolved immediately into a Rhydon in my next battle. Also it corrputs its own sprite when you send it out, it looks like your trainer's head with a bunch of glitchy blocks around the pokemon area...Weird.

Kyrix
4th August 2006, 2:36 AM
I caught a (the lowercase one) today, and it's weirded than any of my other glitches (A, LM4, Missingno [Aerodactyl]).

First of all, its name is only the letter "a" and a glitch block, yet it needs 4 lines to read out its "name".
Secondly, it evolved into spearow at level 9, and became Normal/Ground?!
Then it evolved immediately into a Rhydon in my next battle. Also it corrputs its own sprite when you send it out, it looks like your trainer's head with a bunch of glitchy blocks around the pokemon area...Weird.

yeah its name does that and it does evolve into a spearow at lv 9. If you trade "a" to yellow it becomes "4 4hy" I believe and that evolves into "Q" another glitch also at lv 9. Yeah most glitches do hat to your sprite but the wierd thing is that the spearow evolved into rhydon! I had three "a"s and not one (after they evolved into spearow) evolved into rhydon. I'll have to look more into this.
AH-HA did you see a messed up pokedex when you found "a"? because when that happens usualy the glitch will evolve into a rhydon eventualy after the "glitchdex" is seen.

pharaohguy530
5th August 2006, 1:23 PM
I don't know if I put this before.....
but its a super cool music thing (not lm4) caused by missingno!
By catching and fighting missingno. in blue, I checked my hall of fame, because there was like a rumor that it gets all glitched up.
I had some weird things, but the weirdest was, the last one. The name? There was just some glitchy blocks. It was like missingno but without the part that makes it a backwards L. it was a straight line down. It turned my pokemon center music into slow, awesome S.S. Anne music. It was cool. Anyone ever get something like that?

Pikachu & Bonsly master
5th August 2006, 1:59 PM
Once,I battled a trainer on Route 11,I won,and 2s and 9s were everywhere!

alexanderrobertbarkas
5th August 2006, 7:04 PM
New glitch( I think...)! Ok, so I was starting a new game on blue, I was progressing through the game as usual, but then when I walking towards the end of Viridian Forest, I was somehow transported to the ocean infront of Seafoam Islands! I tried to walk around, but a few seconds later the game froze. That's weird.

Chaos Rush
5th August 2006, 7:30 PM
Well, I just clicked here, and I am wondering, if I catch MissingNo., will my game be safe? Also if I do Glitch City, will everything be okay?
EDIT: Also, Dummu991, I already mentioned this site on another page. Look at my posts, and the late pages, when I was a noob.

Luxuria
5th August 2006, 7:30 PM
I don't know if I put this before.....
but its a super cool music thing (not lm4) caused by missingno!
By catching and fighting missingno. in blue, I checked my hall of fame, because there was like a rumor that it gets all glitched up.
I had some weird things, but the weirdest was, the last one. The name? There was just some glitchy blocks. It was like missingno but without the part that makes it a backwards L. it was a straight line down. It turned my pokemon center music into slow, awesome S.S. Anne music. It was cool. Anyone ever get something like that?

Yes, I've had slow Cinnabar, Celedon, S.S. Anne, and route music. Sometimes you get this weird music that you normally don't hear anywhere else.

At xXRushXx: Well, when I've caught it, nothing happened to my game...but I shut it off without saving. Do it at your own risk. And about glitch city, nothing bad will really happen except it'll be glitchy. o_O But if you save in Glitch City, then you'll have a problem.

Chaos Rush
6th August 2006, 1:21 AM
At xXRushXx: Well, when I've caught it, nothing happened to my game...but I shut it off without saving. Do it at your own risk. And about glitch city, nothing bad will really happen except it'll be glitchy. o_O But if you save in Glitch City, then you'll have a problem.
Thankies. I just tried Glitch City. And well, everybody probably knows this, but there was random tiles everywhere! And I walked on water! I also Surfed on land! And there were 2's and 9's everywhere!!! But luckily my Fearow flied me out.

Akarin
6th August 2006, 2:38 PM
I'm wondering...

Since I'm playing the Japanese Blue version, would there be Missingno there?

Has anyone here tried it before?

Luxuria
6th August 2006, 9:12 PM
Okay, I tried the glitch city trick (just the Safari Zone Part) and went to the Celadon Game corner basment in those tiles that move you around to pass the 500 steps. After that, the P.A rang and everything that normally happens. Except when I walked, I spun around! And whenever I spun around, random parts of those tiles that move you around would appear. I saved the game and when I turned it back on, I would still be spinning around like before. When I went to the Viridian City gym and spun on the tiles there, everything went back to normal.

And earlier in this thread, I posted that the music went all screwy. After I fought a glitched trainer and won, the victory battle music stayed on after the battle as I surfed. And the intro music stayed after I went into overworld. Well, yesterday, I was bored and decided to defeat the elite four so I could see the glitchy Hall of Fame. After I beat the entire game, the music glitch was fixed! Everytime I turned the game back on and I saved, say in a Pokemon Center, the intro music wasn't still playing like before, it was just normal, Pokemon Center music.

And another glitch while going to the Elite Four was that I healed my Pokemon in the Pokemon Center, and after that, this weird music was playing. I've never heard it before, it was a bunch of little beeps turned into a song or something along those lines. Maybe because the music I mentioned above was still in affect? I tried Glitch City while that glitch was in affect and there was no sound at all. o_o

pikalax
7th August 2006, 12:35 AM
Each route, cave etc. has a special "Encounter Code" to determine which Pokemon can be found there. When you enter a new area, the Encounter Code for that area is updated to the Current Encounter File, which stores the Encounter Code until overwritten by a new one. Some places (like Viridian City, Cinnibar Island, and Cinnabar's east coast) have no Encounter Code. If you enter a new area without an Encounter Code, the Current Encounter File keeps the old code.

When you choose your name at the beginning of the game, your name is stored in the Trainer File. This file remains practically untouched throughout the game. The only exception (excluding Prof. Oak in Yellow) is the Old Man who catches a Weedle. When he demonstrates how to catch a Pokemon, OLD MAN is saved in the Trainer File. But if your name is lost, then you'd go around as OLD MAN for the rest of the game.

So where does your name go? The scripts for your name are stashed in the Current Encounter File. Now, there is no Encounter Code in Viridian, Cinnabar, or the east coast of the island; nor is there a such Pokemon as your name. Yet you can still find wild Pokemon at Cinnabar's east coast, which was supposed to contain the Tentacool from Route 20. The result? Missingno. and =^#'M#@$!

Luxuria
7th August 2006, 3:28 AM
Each route, cave etc. has a special "Encounter Code" to determine which Pokemon can be found there. When you enter a new area, the Encounter Code for that area is updated to the Current Encounter File, which stores the Encounter Code until overwritten by a new one. Some places (like Viridian City, Cinnibar Island, and Cinnabar's east coast) have no Encounter Code. If you enter a new area without an Encounter Code, the Current Encounter File keeps the old code.

When you choose your name at the beginning of the game, your name is stored in the Trainer File. This file remains practically untouched throughout the game. The only exception (excluding Prof. Oak in Yellow) is the Old Man who catches a Weedle. When he demonstrates how to catch a Pokemon, OLD MAN is saved in the Trainer File. But if your name is lost, then you'd go around as OLD MAN for the rest of the game.

So where does your name go? The scripts for your name are stashed in the Current Encounter File. Now, there is no Encounter Code in Viridian, Cinnabar, or the east coast of the island; nor is there a such Pokemon as your name. Yet you can still find wild Pokemon at Cinnabar's east coast, which was supposed to contain the Tentacool from Route 20. The result? Missingno. and =^#'M#@$!
This has been mentioned many times before, but thanks anyways. I understand it much better now. =)

gremhiilzoone
7th August 2006, 6:24 PM
I konw a very cool glitche:

Misterios johto pokemon:When you catch the missingno trains it,and after trde it for a Crystal version,can have an error,but try again,when you trade,a normal pokemon like stlantey or magby will apear in crystal,and in R/B/Y will apear a clone of some pokemon in your team,in my apeared Charizzard,this pokemon in true is a missingno,if his name be a name of a johto pokemon is right,but if not is because you wrong.First you must stay it normal,change all weird johto moves for kanto moves,and after places it in pokemon stadium 1.After places back in your pokemon game,it becomes a weir toy,is seemed with a mewtrhee or the mewtwo with the metal tunic in first movie.Maybe you do not obtain it,but I'm sure that I obtained it with this glitch.If somebody obtain it says to me please,and if you don't understad says to me please,because I'm brasiliam and my english is'nt very well

Charizard006
8th August 2006, 3:03 AM
yeah its name does that and it does evolve into a spearow at lv 9. If you trade "a" to yellow it becomes "4 4hy" I believe and that evolves into "Q" another glitch also at lv 9. Yeah most glitches do hat to your sprite but the wierd thing is that the spearow evolved into rhydon! I had three "a"s and not one (after they evolved into spearow) evolved into rhydon. I'll have to look more into this.
AH-HA did you see a messed up pokedex when you found "a"? because when that happens usualy the glitch will evolve into a rhydon eventualy after the "glitchdex" is seen.

Yeah that happened to me on Blue before!

Mega Trickster
9th August 2006, 8:16 PM
I did something random and I glitched up my Mew on Green. This is what I did:

1. Check lead Pokemon's summary
2. Goto items, press select on the 6th item, then press select on it again
3. Go into battle, press select the 2nd move you have, then press select on it again, it's name should change
4. Beat the Pokemon you are fighting
5. Check your lead Pokemon's summary, it should have a freaky move and a weird amount of HP.

I'll keep doing this and getting pictures, this could lead to something big.

Joren
9th August 2006, 8:51 PM
i always see that there is a glitch forgotten with mew (the one when you fly for the trainer and catch him later at lavendar town)

Joren
9th August 2006, 9:01 PM
ok now i saw it :p

Purple Seadragon
10th August 2006, 3:19 AM
Interesting new glitch:
Below Fuschia city, start the mew glitch with one of the swimmers (fly when they notice you) and then just fight any trainer. After that, go back in Fuschia city in the Pokecenter and talk to the guy on the couch. Immediately after that go straight down from the pokecenter to the beach. It may look like it's frozen at first, but it will unfreeze itself.

Note: try at your own risk, I'm not sure if it screws up your game, but mine seems unaffected so far...

Luxuria
10th August 2006, 7:56 PM
Interesting new glitch:
Below Fuschia city, start the mew glitch with one of the swimmers (fly when they notice you) and then just fight any trainer. After that, go back in Fuschia city in the Pokecenter and talk to the guy on the couch. Immediately after that go straight down from the pokecenter to the beach. It may look like it's frozen at first, but it will unfreeze itself.

Note: try at your own risk, I'm not sure if it screws up your game, but mine seems unaffected so far...

That sounds cool, shame I messed up the route with the gambler. :P

At Mega Trickster: Can that work in the English Versions of Pokemon as well? I think it can because it sounds kind of like the cooltrainer move...but I'm not so sure.

Mega Trickster
10th August 2006, 8:02 PM
That sounds cool, shame I messed up the route with the gambler. :P

At Mega Trickster: Can that work in the English Versions of Pokemon as well? I think it can because it sounds kind of like the cooltrainer move...but I'm not so sure.

I haven't tried it on any of my English cartridges, but the trick can even overrite HM moves! They get replaced by some freaky move with 5 PP, but the PP will be drained. I'll do it again and translate the name, it'll be easy because I remember it was in Katakana.

Edit: I just tried it on my English Red (I have an early version of it too, before they made the Pikachu icon) and it didn't work....

Edit2: Oh my god! I tried selecting the 7th item on Green, then my Mew's Strength turned into a PP-drained Hydro Pump, and the little arrow thingy was still on the screen after I selected a move, then when it won it grew to level 100 (it was at 56) instantly and got so much HP that the bar spread across the screen!!!

Luxuria
10th August 2006, 9:27 PM
I haven't tried it on any of my English cartridges, but the trick can even overrite HM moves! They get replaced by some freaky move with 5 PP, but the PP will be drained. I'll do it again and translate the name, it'll be easy because I remember it was in Katakana.

Edit: I just tried it on my English Red (I have an early version of it too, before they made the Pikachu icon) and it didn't work....

Yeah I just tried it on my Red aswell. Didn't work either. >_<

Oh and I tried the Cooltrainer Ditto trick while I was at it on red, I took a few pictures of what happens incase someone's never seen or heard of it.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/MVC-012F.png
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/MVC-013F.png
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/MVC-014F.png
My game didn't freeze when I used Cooltrainer though. It froze when I clicked a move a 3rd time.

Here are other random glitch pictures.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitchy_Raichu.png
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/MVC-016F.png

alexanderrobertbarkas
10th August 2006, 9:46 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but here's a glitch that allows you to catch Yoshi (Red and Blue only):

1. Have a Dratini.

2. Trade it to a different game.

3. When it evolves into a Dragonite, do a trade-back.

4. Go into the Unknown Dungeon.

5. Stand where Mewtwo was.

6. Try to use a Fire Stone on Dragonite.

7. All of a sudden:

What? Dragonite is evolving!
*Evolution sequence*
Dragonite evolved into Yoshi!

8. Enjoy Yoshi! It will still have the moves that the Dragonite had, but it's Number on the Pokedex is 999.

Mega Trickster
10th August 2006, 9:49 PM
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but here's a glitch that allows you to catch Yoshi (Red, Green and Blue only):

1. Have a Dratini.

2. Trade it to a different game.

3. When it evolves into a Dragonite, do a trade-back.

4. Go into the Unknown Dungeon.

5. Stand where Mewtwo was.

6. Try to use a Fire Stone on Dragonite.

7. All of a sudden:

What? Dragonite is evolving!
*Evolution sequence*
Dragonite evolved into Yoshi!

8. Enjoy Yoshi! It will still have the moves that the Dragonite had, but it's Number on the Pokedex is 999.

That's stupid, why do you people believe in this sort of crap?!

Kyrix
10th August 2006, 9:59 PM
I was reading on the internet for glitches and I found this. (bold is what the h*ll

get a maril that dosen't mess up your game (tested)
first, you have to have all 150 pokemon without gameshark. then, 17 of your pokemon have to be at level 100. of course, you have to have all 8 badges and beaten the eliete 4. then you go into the safari zone and catch a tauros. leave space for him at the top of your list (only bring 5 pokemon with you). then go and talk to the lady that says, 'exchange your coins for great prizes at the coin exange' exept now she'll say 'you have all the badges? wow! then since you were so generous to talk to me, I will let you have this pokemon that I found stranded by the museum. it is so powerful that I can't control it , so since you have all the badges, YOU TAKE IT!!!!! you will get a pokemon called ?????????? and you cant use it, it will be like you were pressing cancel. so go over to pallet and talk to professor oak and it will say 'ash delivered OAKS PARCEL!' and then you can use the maril all you have to do is nickname it maril or pikablu. this code has been approved by nintendo and DOES work.

WHAT THE H*ll

I've read about the yoshi thing but what I heard was you had to complete the pokedex first. I still think it is crap along with this bull above

alexanderrobertbarkas
11th August 2006, 10:25 PM
The Yoshi Code worked for me, and I only have 10 Pokemon in Pokedex as owned ones! So you don't have to complete the Pokedex.

Kyrix
11th August 2006, 11:38 PM
The Yoshi Code worked for me, and I only have 10 Pokemon in Pokedex as owned ones! So you don't have to complete the Pokedex.

My we have pics? I'm not saying you are not telling the truth but it seems odd..... Oh well I'll try. It can't hurt...

EDIT: I've tried it and it didn't work. I did exactly what you said to do but it didn't work. I would realy like pictures now.

Luxuria
12th August 2006, 2:06 AM

Hard to believe that you got Yoshi in a Pokemon game. :/ I would like to see some pictures as well... or you're just lying.

pikalax
12th August 2006, 2:47 AM
Pokemon RBY Corner Glitch!!!

(If this has been submitted before me, please say so.)
1) Find a stationary NPC (one that does not move).
2) Go down until the NPC leaves the screen.
3) Go one space up and open the menu.
4) Look at the top-left corner of the screen.

Luxuria
12th August 2006, 2:50 AM
Pokemon RBY Corner Glitch!!!

(If this has been submitted before me, please say so.)
1) Find a stationary NPC (one that does not move).
2) Go down until the NPC leaves the screen.
3) Go one space up and open the menu.
4) Look at the top-left corner of the screen.

Um...what's an NPC? ^^; And no, I don't think you've summited this before..o_O;

muckers
12th August 2006, 12:52 PM

Lies lies lies. You can't get Yoshi in the game, full stop.

Not GTF off my Internet.

pikalax
12th August 2006, 5:25 PM
Um...what's an NPC? ^^; And no, I don't think you've summited this before..o_O;

NPC = Non-Playable Character.

Joren
13th August 2006, 2:22 PM
how do you multiplie items again cuz im playing back on old games for a wile , and does this also work on yellow ?

alexanderrobertbarkas
13th August 2006, 5:53 PM
You forgot? The way that you do it is all around the world. But I'll tell you.

1. Put an item you want duplicate in the sixth slot.

2. Make sure you've been to Cinnabar Island and have both Fly and Surf.

3. Go to Viridain City. Have the man show you how to catch Pokemon.

4. Don't move any steps at all. Immediately fly to Cinnabar Island.

5. Move to the right.

6. Surf on the half-water, and half-black bar part of the Island.

7. Keep surfing there into Missingno. or 'M appears.

8. Run away.

9. Check your items bag.

10. The item in the sixth slot should have a pixel next to its name. That means it was duplicated.

A few notes: If you catch the Glitch, your file might become corrupted and deleted. This does not work on Yellow or Green, just Red and Blue. In this area, you'll also encounter Pokemon from the previous wild Pokemon area you were in. And lastly, depending on your name, you may find Pokemon over Level 100. Go to www.trsrockin.com to see which Pokemon you can find depending on your name.

Spock
15th August 2006, 4:31 AM
The Thunderbolt glitch from Lg happened in Blue today. Like father, like son, I guess.

alexanderrobertbarkas
15th August 2006, 9:34 PM
You mean the Glitch were the sound stays?

Edit:

Does anyone know how to get the yellow v. Missingno? I froze 5 times out of the 5 times I tried to fight it >.< Is there some way to get it to fight you? And also, doesn't anyone think that the Missingno. from yellow look like Ho-oh? I can make out a shape somewhat like it. It fits the pokegod theory, too. It is a legendary. And not like some loser legendary like the dogs. Ho-oh is important, like Groudon/Kyogre. So, missingno could be a pokegod. It's shape is sort of like this: It's head is bare, like Moltres. The head is at the top of the glitchiness. The body is clear on the top, but becomes lost in the glitchiness at the bottom. And somehow, it looks more like Ho-oh than Moltres. Also, Ho-oh makes an appearance in the first pokemon episode. It could have been planned to be a pokegod, after all. Anyone with me?

It's completely random whether the Yellow MissingNo. will or won't freeze your game. One time my game froze but eventually it unfroze, but when I tried to attack, the screen went blank. Someone please post here!

Cheese
25th August 2006, 7:25 PM
I love testing with the HEX of your name to get different missingno. and glitch trainers.

If I find a code to "Catch Trainers Pokemon", I might capture the glitch pokemon the glitch trainers send out to see what would happen...

alexanderrobertbarkas
27th August 2006, 6:01 PM
Do that at your own risk.

Ugh1
28th August 2006, 5:59 PM
No the missigno glitch u just have to have the item sixth on ur item list, and u can just fly to cinnabar and surf along the edge of the coast on the gym side, i cought a level 624 weezing there a 131 snorlax and a 563 mewtwo, what u find there is dependant upon what u just fought, and if ur thinking about duplicating rare candies if u r going to use them on pokemon instead of selling them u should max ur evs first so ur pokemon doesnt stink.

Mega Trickster
28th August 2006, 6:02 PM
No the missigno glitch u just have to have the item sixth on ur item list, and u can just fly to cinnabar and surf along the edge of the coast on the gym side, i cought a level 624 weezing there a 131 snorlax and a 563 mewtwo, what u find there is dependant upon what u just fought, and if ur thinking about duplicating rare candies if u r going to use them on pokemon instead of selling them u should max ur evs first so ur pokemon doesnt stink.

Last time I checked, the maximum possible level for a Pokemon in the 1st/2nd gen. was 255.

Ugh1
28th August 2006, 6:03 PM
As for the beating the elite four fifty times in a row this is immpossible unless u duplicate all ur elixers and ethers if u just get like a gengar i can cream the elite four easily

Kyrix
28th August 2006, 10:22 PM
Also in the old games you can increase the pokes EV endlessly. once you get it to 100 just train the deposite in the pc.

Also right now I'm trying to buy a yellow version at a store I saw. I have enough money but I need to find time to go...
Also the over lv. 100 (not past 255) are determined by your persons name.

Luxuria
31st August 2006, 10:24 PM
I was playing my Pokemon Red rom and I encountered weird glitches while entering random Gameshark codes. I have screenshots, I'll post them later. And I caught an h Poke, and the pokedex entry had a bunch of looping music. Is that supose to happen? ^^;

Kyrix
31st August 2006, 10:45 PM
I was playing my Pokemon Red rom and I encountered weird glitches while entering random Gameshark codes. I have screenshots, I'll post them later. And I caught an h Poke, and the pokedex entry had a bunch of looping music. Is that supose to happen? ^^;

I would like to see pics! By the way all glitch pokes sometimes have a "glitch-dex" as I call them. They ussualy have a garbeled mess and the music can act funky. So don't worry that is normal.
BTW you may want to catch H poke again because sometimes after the glitch-dex is viewed it will eventualy turn into a rhydon. So just a warning.....

alexanderrobertbarkas
31st August 2006, 11:20 PM
Yoshi Screenshots = What you want?

I have a picture (well actually a video) of his Pokedex Description, but I have no clue how to post it.

Kyrix
31st August 2006, 11:23 PM
Just join youtube and then post your video there, then give us a link!
http://www.youtube.com/

(sorry I don't use youtube so I won't be much help)

alexanderrobertbarkas
31st August 2006, 11:35 PM
His Pokedex description changed somehow, and I got a new picture, but how do I post it?

Edit: I hosted the Image at *******.com, here's a link:

http://i4.*******.com/2640220.gif

Mega Trickster
1st September 2006, 1:02 AM
His Pokedex description changed somehow, and I got a new picture, but how do I post it?

Edit: I hosted the Image at *******.com, here's a link:

http://i4.*******.com/2640220.gif

What the hell? You can't get Yoshi in the 1st gen. What are you trying to proove? That your bad at fakes?

Kyrix
1st September 2006, 2:02 AM
Besides that pic is too advance looking for gb coloring creations.....

Mega Trickster
1st September 2006, 2:04 AM
Here's what happened when I used a code to make Blastoise my starter. The dex data had a glitchy picture. It looks similar to the glitch named "a" doesn't it?

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9889/blue01qx1.png

Luxuria
1st September 2006, 2:05 AM
I would like to see pics! By the way all glitch pokes sometimes have a "glitch-dex" as I call them. They ussualy have a garbeled mess and the music can act funky. So don't worry that is normal.
BTW you may want to catch H poke again because sometimes after the glitch-dex is viewed it will eventualy turn into a rhydon. So just a warning.....

Alright, here are all the pictures I have at the moment. ^^

Raichu (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Raichu.png)
A creepy Pokedex entry, forgot what I caught. ^^; (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Pokedex_Entry.png)
Old Man fights a Moltres instead of weedle. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Moltres_Maddness.png)
Master Balls for $0 or Pokemoney. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Master_Ball.png)
LM4's Pokedex entry. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/LM4.png)
Koga's a Pokemon. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Kogas_a_Pokemon.png)
Koga's entire party were these things. Except one time where there were 5 mews instead. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Koga_Glitch.png)
h Poke (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/hPoke.png)
This one's pretty weird. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Growlithe_Bulbasaur.png)
I also have the "surfboard" version of this. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Glitch_Item.png)
A bunch of 6's and 9's. Some are flipped over. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/glitch.png)

Kyrix
1st September 2006, 2:11 AM

Raichu (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Raichu.png)
A creepy Pokedex entry, forgot what I caught. ^^; (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Pokedex_Entry.png)
Old Man fights a Moltres instead of weedle. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Moltres_Maddness.png)
Master Balls for $0 or Pokemoney. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Master_Ball.png)
LM4's Pokedex entry. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/LM4.png)
Koga's a Pokemon. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Kogas_a_Pokemon.png)
Koga's entire party were these things. Except one time where there were 5 mews instead. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Koga_Glitch.png)
h Poke (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/hPoke.png)
This one's pretty weird. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Growlithe_Bulbasaur.png)
I also have the "surfboard" version of this. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Glitch_Item.png)
A bunch of 6's and 9's. Some are flipped over. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/glitch.png)

Those are awesome! Man, LM4 better lay off the cookies.... ;)
Those are all glitched up all right. Thanks for posting them, they were realy cool! I'm especial interested in koga...

BTW in the why are there glitches thread, I have an idea (again probaby wrong) how the mew trick works. (I have at least some of it right)

Mega Trickster
1st September 2006, 2:24 AM

Those are some sweet glitchy pictures! Now for my HUGE Green glitches album. I'm going to have to update it because I found a glitch that gives my Pokemon tons of HP and freaky moves (my Onix knows Karate Chop lol).

In no particular order:
Entrance to Glitch City (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity1.jpg)
A wild Tentacool appears in Glitch City (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity3.jpg)
I'm stuck. (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity4.jpg)
Just walking around (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity2.jpg)
Some overworld stuff changes because I opened the menu (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity5.jpg)
Where I've been the whole time (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity6.jpg)
More overworld changes (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity7.jpg)
Glitch Trees, grow back right after cut (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity8.jpg)
I'm stuck (again) (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity9.jpg)
Wish I could get to that grass... (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity10.jpg)
Whee! Slope effect makes me move down (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity11.jpg)
Walking around (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity12.jpg)
Wont let me use my Bike (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity13.jpg)
I get stuck in this spot (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity2.jpg)
"Ah! Wild Ghosto appeared!" (Ghost Missingno.) (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0367.jpg)
I gained 9 Master Balls! Whooo! Yeah I'm sure it's more than 9. (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0368.jpg)
Glitch icon (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0374.jpg)
Find the glitch. (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0375.jpg)
Glitch status 1 (Type: Psychic, gained from Mew) (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0376.jpg)
Glitch status 2 (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0377.jpg)
Glitch status 3 (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0378.jpg)
Glitch status 4 (Peck and Icebeam, gained from Articuno) (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0379.jpg)
The only word that fits this is "LOL" (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0380.jpg)
Venusaur gets a total makeover (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0381.jpg)
No glitchy effects this time (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0382.jpg)
Meet my glitchy little friend (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0386.jpg)
PayennoiXni the Muk! (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0387.jpg)
Of whom is level 118! (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0389.jpg)
Hizo3mapi, the no-sprite, no-level, no-typed uh....somethin. (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0391.jpg)
Okay, this made me jump when it happened. (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0392.jpg)

Kyrix
1st September 2006, 2:36 AM
Those are some sweet glitchy pictures! Now for my HUGE Green glitches album. I'm going to have to update it because I found a glitch that gives my Pokemon tons of HP and freaky moves (my Onix knows Karate Chop lol).

In no particular order:
Entrance to Glitch City (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity1.jpg)
A wild Tentacool appears in Glitch City (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity3.jpg)
I'm stuck. (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity4.jpg)
Just walking around (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity2.jpg)
Some overworld stuff changes because I opened the menu (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity5.jpg)
Where I've been the whole time (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity6.jpg)
More overworld changes (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity7.jpg)
Glitch Trees, grow back right after cut (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity8.jpg)
I'm stuck (again) (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity9.jpg)
Wish I could get to that grass... (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity10.jpg)
Whee! Slope effect makes me move down (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity11.jpg)
Walking around (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity12.jpg)
Wont let me use my Bike (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity13.jpg)
I get stuck in this spot (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/glitchcity2.jpg)
"Ah! Wild Ghosto appeared!" (Ghost Missingno.) (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0367.jpg)
I gained 9 Master Balls! Whooo! Yeah I'm sure it's more than 9. (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0368.jpg)
Glitch icon (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0374.jpg)
Find the glitch. (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0375.jpg)
Glitch status 1 (Type: Psychic, gained from Mew) (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0376.jpg)
Glitch status 2 (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0377.jpg)
Glitch status 3 (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0378.jpg)
Glitch status 4 (Peck and Icebeam, gained from Articuno) (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0379.jpg)
The only word that fits this is "LOL" (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0380.jpg)
Venusaur gets a total makeover (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0381.jpg)
No glitchy effects this time (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0382.jpg)
Meet my glitchy little friend (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0386.jpg)
PayennoiXni the Muk! (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0387.jpg)
Of whom is level 118! (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0389.jpg)
Hizo3mapi, the no-sprite, no-level, no-typed uh....somethin. (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0391.jpg)
Okay, this made me jump when it happened. (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/MegaTrickster/DSCN0392.jpg)

Those are awesome too. I wish I could post some of MY glitch pictures. :( I realy want to show off the ZZZ glitch with the glitch trainer, the sudden leave of battle (after item is used) all my pokes getting turned into lv 153, exploding bulbasuars, all the trainers getting turned into glitched versions of me with M's that looked like charizards, ah the memories...(before I accidently saved by switching pc boxes and it deleted my game :lol:

PLEASE LOOK AT MY IDEA OF HOW THE MEW TRICK COULD POSSIBLY WORK. I HOPE IT IS SEMI-RIGHT

Luxuria
1st September 2006, 2:57 AM
Those are cool glitch pictures too Mega Trickster.
I took some more pictures, of PKMN, my favourite glitch of all.

The overworld is the fat guy, and the backsprite of a swimmer. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/PKMN_Overworld_agn.png)
Now it's Cable Club Lady. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/PKMN_Overworld.png)
Catching it, obvously the first thing I did. ^^; (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/PKMN.png)
Kind creepy if you ask me. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Creepy.png)
Again. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/PKMN_Battleoverworld.png)
Apperently Ditto and anything else that can transform arn't the only ones who can learn Cooltrainer. (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c377/xoxCrystalMewxox/Glitch%20pics/Cooltrainer.png)

alexanderrobertbarkas
1st September 2006, 4:49 PM
What the hell? You can't get Yoshi in the 1st gen. What are you trying to proove? That your bad at fakes?
I did get him. That is his Dex entry, currently at least. And the reason it's colour when it shouldn't be on a Blue Version, is because I used GS to make it full colour.

Mega Trickster
1st September 2006, 6:50 PM
I did get him. That is his Dex entry, currently at least. And the reason it's colour when it shouldn't be on a Blue Version, is because I used GS to make it full colour.

Hahaha. Just shut up and stop lying. I know it's impossible.

---
Anyways I'm going to try the Japanese Red/Green level 100 at once glitch again, to see if my Pokemon get different moves and level up (or maybe down)...

alexanderrobertbarkas
1st September 2006, 7:00 PM
It is! If you don't believe me, just ignore me!

Jirachi Chick :)
1st September 2006, 10:40 PM
I heard the the ruby/sapphire/firered/leafgreen/emerald glitch that looks like two question marks stuck together is safe to catch and train. is this true?

alexanderrobertbarkas
1st September 2006, 10:42 PM
Wrong thread.

1st September 2006, 10:57 PM
Wrong thread.

ooops sorry
anways... on topic Missingno Rules! it's always a member of my red team, was always a member of my blue team (before it broke :( ), and was always a member of my team on the yellow i borrowed from a friend. my brother hated link battling me 'cause of it ;)

Kyrix
2nd September 2006, 3:07 AM
Finaly something new...

I've been experementing with the mew trick lately and I found a minor tid-bit.
You know M is 0 on the hex list right? It is normaly inposible to get to. I found out that if you go PAST 255 the HEXs start over so 256 is "0" 257 is 1 258 is 2 and so on. I haven't been able to get a 256 HEX yet but I really want to because I want to see the differences between the 2 M's (cinibar coast/ mew trick)

alexanderrobertbarkas
2nd September 2006, 8:25 PM
Fake Glitch:

Do the Extended Mew Trick with the Special Stat to find .4. Catch it, and release it. You will see a Donphan in its place. It is so fake!

Kyrix
2nd September 2006, 11:14 PM
Fake Glitch:

Do the Extended Mew Trick with the Special Stat to find .4. Catch it, and release it. You will see a Donphan in its place. It is so fake!

Difinitely false!
1. donphan wasn't invented!
2. after catching .4 you probably wouldn't be able to make it to the pokecenter to release it :lol:

alexanderrobertbarkas
2nd September 2006, 11:32 PM
Well, Donphan is rumored to be in R/B, but not Yellow. The way to get it is by doing the Mew Trick in so many places, but I forgot which ones.

3rd September 2006, 2:55 AM
ya, but its probably fake, u know whats fake that should be real?
tricket, the cricket pokemon that u r supposed to get by beating the elite four with an all level 100 team of Caterpie, Metapod, Butterfree, Weedle, Kakuna, and Beedrill

heard of it and bet if it was real it would b adorable ^^

alexanderrobertbarkas
3rd September 2006, 4:24 PM
Yeah but's that obviously fake.

MissingNO. #1 Master
5th September 2006, 12:25 AM
Well, Donphan is rumored to be in R/B, but not Yellow. The way to get it is by doing the Mew Trick in so many places, but I forgot which ones.

If Donphan was in R/B/Y, we would have found it with GameShark.

BTW, there is someone at GameFAQS who still believes that there is a Togistone in Stadium!

alexanderrobertbarkas
5th September 2006, 9:47 PM
It's not with a cheating device. It's by the way that I already said.

Shut the smurf up!
8th September 2006, 10:16 PM
Have you done the missingno glitch?
;000;
I don't have the game.

Unown_Crazy
8th September 2006, 10:20 PM
CONFIRMED! Unlike Missingno, you can only find M in the Blue Version. M is
basically the same as Missingno.

-----------

Nah, not true, as I find M in my red.

Kyrix
8th September 2006, 10:21 PM
Does a chicken have feathers? Of course I have done missingno glitch. I love it as well as the mew glitch. But shouldn't this be with the glitch discution......

Hoshi no Kabii
8th September 2006, 10:32 PM
The title should be, who DOESN'T perform the Missingno glitch. Sereously, I do, who doesn't?

Cheese
8th September 2006, 10:49 PM
Umm. Well. Yes. Lol.