PDA

View Full Version : MISSINGNO and GLITCHES - talk about them HERE

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9

Nyx
13th August 2008, 4:28 AM
Actually my favorite glitch has to be the Mew one where you spare the slowpoke trainer for awhile then like fly to lavender town or somethin like that.
it actually took me awhile cause i dident fly away from the gambler quick enough.

Evil Darkrai
13th August 2008, 10:25 AM
Actually my favorite glitch has to be the Mew one where you spare the slowpoke trainer for awhile then like fly to lavender town or somethin like that.
it actually took me awhile cause i dident fly away from the gambler quick enough.

I liked that glitch also, I did it for my pokemon yellow.

7thmagi
14th August 2008, 6:37 AM
I can't get MissingNo. to appear in my japanese green version.
I can't even get pokemon to appear on the coasts except for tentacruel, and that's like extremely extremely rare. more rare than a natural encounter, and that's at a normal level. Is it possible to perform this glitch in the green version? I want to duplicate rock slide... do I need to be past a certain point in the game?

7thmagi
14th August 2008, 6:46 AM
I can't get MissingNo. to appear in my japanese green version.
I can't even get pokemon to appear on the coasts except for tentacruel, and that's like extremely extremely rare. more rare than a natural encounter, and that's at a normal level. Is it possible to perform this glitch in the green version? I want to duplicate rock slide... do I need to be past a certain point in the game?

Pkmnmaster48
14th August 2008, 3:13 PM
I can't get Missing no. in Yellow.

pichupikarai
14th August 2008, 3:48 PM
Same here. It's hard. DX

squirrel boy
14th August 2008, 10:16 PM
my MissingNo evolved into a greenish Kangakan

squirrel boy
14th August 2008, 10:19 PM
actually my red version is used for M' and MissingNo. glitches, its more than messed up!

blitzerzero
15th August 2008, 12:50 AM
my MissingNo evolved into a greenish Kangakan
It's not a Missingno. It's an 'M. Look at the name before saying it's a Missingno. plz.

By the way, here's how to get Missingno. in Yellow:
http://glitchcity.info/docs/ditto

-Giga-
22nd August 2008, 5:44 PM
I was in the Safari Zone, when the time ran out, but I was still able to catch Pokemon.

yappy25
24th August 2008, 6:43 PM
for all of the best pokemon glitches my favorite source is trsrockin

Krug
25th August 2008, 4:22 AM

Same here. It's hard. DX

I Lol'd

You can't get Missingno. in Yellow, via the normal way, try the Ditto Trick, and use this List to see what special stat you need. http://glitchcity.info/biglist.htm

Oh and Yappy, go to Glitch City.info, much better source.

blitzerzero
25th August 2008, 11:52 PM
Careful though, Yellow Missingno. is dangerous.

Krug
26th August 2008, 12:19 AM
Careful though, Yellow Missingno. is dangerous.

I think it depends on the hex though.

AburameShino
26th August 2008, 12:44 AM
srry not sure if this has been posted but there is a glitch that does let you catch mew ive done in R/B (at least in red havent tried in blue ) when you fisrt get to cerulean city and cross nugget bridge battle the traines on the way to bills up till the youngster(do not battle him) that faces north go back to the grass west of nugget bridge adn catch a abra (do not battle the trainer) after you capture abra move so that when you take one step down you will battle the trainer in the grass take the step and as soon as you do hit start and have abra teleport you back to cerulean (your pause will be disabled) head back across nugget bridge and battle the youngster (he has a slowpoke) beat him and teleport back to cerulean again (your pause will work now) now make your way back to nugget bridge while crossing you will run into a wild lvl 5 mew catch it and profit

Krug
26th August 2008, 12:55 AM
srry not sure if this has been posted but there is a glitch that does let you catch mew ive done in R/B (at least in red havent tried in blue ) when you fisrt get to cerulean city and cross nugget bridge battle the traines on the way to bills up till the youngster(do not battle him) that faces north go back to the grass west of nugget bridge adn catch a abra (do not battle the trainer) after you capture abra move so that when you take one step down you will battle the trainer in the grass take the step and as soon as you do hit start and have abra teleport you back to cerulean (your pause will be disabled) head back across nugget bridge and battle the youngster (he has a slowpoke) beat him and teleport back to cerulean again (your pause will work now) now make your way back to nugget bridge while crossing you will run into a wild lvl 5 mew catch it and profit

Just about everyone knows about this glitch, not to be insulting or anything, also I'm pretty sure it's a level 7 Mew.

Missingno. Master
26th August 2008, 12:49 PM
one time i caught a missing no. and saved odd enough nothing happened.then i traded it to pokemon fire red save nothing happened then i traded it to diamond and pearl and it messed up my game.all pokemon even trainers had missing no. i swear.
First of all, it's not "odd enough" that nothing happened. You ever think that maybe Missingno. doesn't have any negative effects on the game?! Secondly, it's impossible to trade between Red/Blue and FireRed. And thirdly, 3rd generation games don't let you transfer glitch Pokemon to D/P. I know, I've tried transferring my ? from Emerald to Pearl, and it said "That POKéMON is not allowed to migrate.".

Krug: Actually, when performing the Mew Glitch, using Growl on the last Pokemon you battle will lower the level of the resulting Pokemon. So yes, it is possible to get a lv. 5 (or lower!) Mew out of this trick.

Krug
26th August 2008, 9:09 PM
one time i caught a missing no. and saved odd enough nothing happened.then i traded it to pokemon fire red save nothing happened then i traded it to diamond and pearl and it messed up my game.all pokemon even trainers had missing no. i swear.

Another thing is that Missingno. doesn't exist in D/P, Blank does and the "8000" hybrids do, but no Missingno.

Wow, didn't know that Missingno. Master. Sound cool, I guess I'll try it one day.

IIMarckus
26th August 2008, 9:18 PM
Another thing is that Missingno. doesn't exist in D/P, Blank does and the "8000" hybrids do, but no Missingno.Although I have heard that there are some sprites labeled "ketsuban."

blitzerzero
26th August 2008, 11:00 PM
^Now that is suspicious...

First of all, it's not "odd enough" that nothing happened. You ever think that maybe Missingno. doesn't have any negative effects on the game?! Secondly, it's impossible to trade between Red/Blue and FireRed. And thirdly, 3rd generation games don't let you transfer glitch Pokemon to D/P. I know, I've tried transferring my ? from Emerald to Pearl, and it said "That POKéMON is not allowed to migrate.".

Krug: Actually, when performing the Mew Glitch, using Growl on the last Pokemon you battle will lower the level of the resulting Pokemon. So yes, it is possible to get a lv. 5 (or lower!) Mew out of this trick.
Also, if you somehow increase the Attack, you'll increase the Level. Maximum is 13. I'm fairly sure that Swagger doesn't exist in R/B though.

CabbyFish
27th August 2008, 2:33 AM
The opponent would have to use Swords Dance then.

Trade back Scyther's a decent candidate for this.

One thing I'm able to do in Yellow is doing the Mew Glitch starting with the Rocket by the Ether, and when the trick is complete, you can skip all the trainers on the bottom of Mount Moon (barring Team Rocket's battle). You can still get one of the fossils however.

Krug
27th August 2008, 3:20 AM
Although I have heard that there are some sprites labeled "ketsuban."

^Now that is suspicious...

Problem is, they're just Overworld sprites, I'm a member at GCL so I would know, just read GARY 'M 9's Post"

Ketsuban is found in many places on the ROM, but they are all OW sprite file names. Now, if someone had a sprite mod AR code I could...

So unless they put a tetris block in as a sprite I doubt it would be anything relating to the original.

Oh, and for those who go there I'm Boxman, the guy in the Decamark Research Thread. I really hate the "Gameshark Taboo" here, so maybe that's why I don't go to the Glitch threads that much, but I really should just post sometimes.

IIMarckus
27th August 2008, 4:36 AM
So unless they put a tetris block in as a sprite I doubt it would be anything relating to the original.Really though, the block sprite shouldn't be associated with Missingno. at all. The only parts of RBY's Missingno. that have any substance are the name and the cry (short Nidoran cry is the game's equivalent of a blank).

gamertamer3659
6th November 2008, 11:31 PM
i got a neat trick. its kinda like the mew glitch but all u have to do is change the trainers that tele or fly away from and change the peson that u fight and presto! a pokemon that isnt mew pokemon that u encouter depends on who u fight and how u do it.

also how do you get missingno in Yellow?

kirapwns
13th November 2008, 5:04 AM
I kinda doubt the MISSINGNO is a glitch. I'm sure its just an easter egg they put in there on purpose.

Not here for trolling, so yeah.

IIMarckus
13th November 2008, 5:53 AM
I kinda doubt the MISSINGNO is a glitch. I'm sure its just an easter egg they put in there on purpose.

Not here for trolling, so yeah.Missingno. is not a glitch, but it has glitchy effects and is obtained through a glitch. The creature is more of a placeholder than anything else.

kirapwns
13th November 2008, 3:09 PM
Missingno. is not a glitch, but it has glitchy effects and is obtained through a glitch. The creature is more of a placeholder than anything else.

I agree.
I caught one on my Blue Version when I first learned about the Item duplication glitch and it screwed up my memory. >.<

And I encountered a lvl 134 Snorlax.... It was... weird.

Retro Returns
13th November 2008, 6:04 PM
Seeing as there's all this talk about lowering attack moves lowering Missingno's level, is it possible to get a level 0 or minus level Missingno?

Ammako
23rd November 2008, 9:40 PM
In R/B, there's a glitch that allows you to enter Glitch Cave. I once entered it, but I don't know how I did it.

All the grass on the route I was changed to cave walls and the non-grass place was changed with cave floor! 0_o

It happened after I won a battle with a person, in Red.

iup788
24th November 2008, 5:52 AM
I did the missingno. glitch on Red, and I got really high leveled pokemon, level 147 muk level 152 snorlax. They don't corrupt your game. If you battle with them they go back to level 100. Missingno. Makes you game really glitchy if you catch him.

pkmnhippy
24th November 2008, 6:01 AM
In R/B, there's a glitch that allows you to enter Glitch Cave. I once entered it, but I don't know how I did it.

All the grass on the route I was changed to cave walls and the non-grass place was changed with cave floor! 0_o

It happened after I won a battle with a person, in Red.

Interesting, the game swaped the first tileset with the second.

I got a lv.100 ;003; before Brock with the Mew Glitch :).

Xx Flare xX
24th November 2008, 8:35 AM
I evolved my Missingno's (or we're they 'M's?) into Kangaskhans by giving them waterstones :D

The Dean of Suds
24th November 2008, 10:40 PM
I got eternally stuck in glitch city, since I didn't have a pokemon that knew fly.

Sparkle Blitz
29th November 2008, 9:34 PM
Me and a friend post our Glitches on our Youtube channel. They aren't very good, but whatever xD Yeah, I like looking for missingnos, and going on the internet to see what kind of chain of events you can set off, i.e the Mew glitch.

"Freak" owns
30th November 2008, 8:18 AM
i caught missingo it stuffed up my game , the mew glitch was pretty cool

mew_nani
6th December 2008, 8:06 PM
that's one of the ways to get it, blitzerzero. i read it.

Mr.Palkia_7389
7th December 2008, 12:22 AM
when my brother did the misingno cheat he found the kobutops skeleton at level 150. pretty random huh.

YouJinxedMe
12th December 2008, 6:50 AM
I apologize if this has been asked/mentioned already, but I don't really want to read through ninety pages. D:

I've been trying to do the duplicating items glitch, and it's not working. Here's what I was told to do...Put the item to be duplicated in 6th slot. Talk to old man. Say No, not in a hurry. Watch him catch a weedle. Fly to Fuschia. Go South and use surf at waters edge. Go to Seafoam Islands. Swim up and down shore at Seafoam Islands until you run into Missingno. Kill him or run away.

Is that wrong? Because all I keep running into is Tentacool.

G-Nash
15th December 2008, 4:05 PM
Hi everyone
I've been playing through Blue for the last few weeks (nostalgia ftw!) and have been trying to complete my Pokedex without the need to trade anything, using the Mew glitch, using the list of what Special stat gives what Pokemon. I've been working my way down the list numerically and am currently trying to get a Mankey with the use of an Aerodactyl with a Special of 52 (the Rare Candy cheat used on Calcium came in handy..), but I've tried it a few times and whenever the 'wild' Pokemon appears it turns up as a Missingno instead of a Mankey. It's worked for every other Pokemon I've tried so far - can anyone suggest why I'm having problems here?

The only other oddity I've experienced so far was using a Special of 26 I was trying to get a Scyther, but I caught the wild Ditto used in the glitch rather than running from it, and the glitch created a Growlithe instead of a Scyther when I got back to Route 8.

Ammako
16th December 2008, 12:42 AM
Hum...

It's not called the Rare Candy cheat, it's called the Item Cloning glitch.

Anyways, are you sure that your list has the EXACT good numbers?

Ammako
16th December 2008, 1:43 AM
Hum...

It's not called the Rare Candy cheat, it's called the Item Cloning glitch.

Anyways, are you sure that your list has the EXACT good numbers?

G-Nash
16th December 2008, 5:09 PM
Well I think of it as the rare candy glitch :p

List of numbers taken from http://pokeglitch.tripod.com/id1.html

ArabGamer
20th December 2008, 7:14 PM
I apologize if this has been asked/mentioned already, but I don't really want to read through ninety pages. D:

I've been trying to do the duplicating items glitch, and it's not working. Here's what I was told to do...Put the item to be duplicated in 6th slot. Talk to old man. Say No, not in a hurry. Watch him catch a weedle. Fly to Fuschia. Go South and use surf at waters edge. Go to Seafoam Islands. Swim up and down shore at Seafoam Islands until you run into Missingno. Kill him or run away.

Is that wrong? Because all I keep running into is Tentacool.

Put the item to be duplicated in the 6th slot, then talk to old man, say no, watch him catch a weedle.Fly STRAIGHT AWAY to CINNABAR ISLAND, go to the RIGHT side of the island (not the left lol).Keep surfing up and down until you see Missingno.Kill it or run away. ;)

Ammako
21st December 2008, 5:19 PM
In Green: After getting the potion from the man on Route 1, he walked sideways.

Lil Crickee
21st December 2008, 6:46 PM
In Green: After getting the potion from the man on Route 1, he walked sideways.

isn't that creepy? in my red, i talk to the old man or some scientist and they walk sideways. it's really odd and freaky. and...i don't know...i think if you level a pokemon over lv. 100 and it reaches 0..if you battle with it and it gets hit..it gets the infinite hp glitch thing. i think that's it right?

Larry
21st December 2008, 11:52 PM
I remeber my friend did the Missongo glitch and caught a Golduck at lv 256.

Evilyn
22nd December 2008, 1:53 AM
I've gotten plenty of Glitches. Just do diffrent Specials while doing the Mew Glitch. You find all kinds of Glitchs. Of course, you should probably know which Specials to do so you don't end up going through all of them just to see a couple of Glitches.

DarkraiRulez
1st January 2009, 10:42 AM
Missingno is actually quite a good pokemon.

If you catch it above lvl 100 after its first successful battle it will go down to lvl 100 but it will have infinate health!!!

Defend
1st January 2009, 12:12 PM
I Just done the missingno trick and i went into summery of my pokemon..
Came back out and it had turned into a mew sprite.

Exenzel
5th January 2009, 4:51 AM
I remember trying to get missingo, and I somehow ran into my rival...

I fought 5 glitch Pokemon (looked the same as missingo but different shapes) and a Nidorino, all level 32 with similiar sprites for letters in their names.

And the music was completely randomised, kinda scary actually.

Sky-
7th January 2009, 3:11 AM
Hi guys, Im playing Yellow for a while now and the only thing I have lef to to do before the leage is to beat Giovanni in his Gym. Im trying to find Missingno's but without any succes. I went to that guy who teaches you how to catch pokemon in Viridian City and I said no but noting happens. When I go back to Fushia City to swim up and down on the right of the island Im not running into a single pokemon or Missingno.

What am I doing wrong? And is it possible for yellow to see any Missingno? I also have Blue and it works fine there..

Sorry for the questions but Im new here, and sorry for the bad english but Im from Holland.

Ammako
7th January 2009, 10:19 PM
In Yellow it isn't possible to get Missingno except with the extended Mew Glitch.

Sh1ny_Scizor
9th January 2009, 3:46 PM
I believe Missingo is in fact meant to be what Lugia is now, think about it, Lugia is the diver pokemon and it learns and can learn water moves, even surf. And its often found in water caves on islands.

And if im right Missingo had Hydro Pump and sky attack. It was a flying-type and i believe it also was water type.

I though of this, and mostly because of pokemon the movie 2. In the 2nd movie they are all related, but not from the same generation, as perhaps Missingo was supposed to be a 4th bird pokemon, but the designers may have dropped it and used the ideas when they designed Lugia.

Apockalypsal Armageddon
28th January 2009, 3:01 PM
Your not right about its moves MissingNo. has Sky attack water gun and water gun (I caught one before) plus it says the same thing on page 1 of this forum

Rip Hamilton
31st January 2009, 4:07 AM
Well I wish I had a different name so I could catch Mewtwos at Cinnibar.

Fel_pheonix
31st January 2009, 11:56 AM
the strengh on the truck for mew dosen't work, i've tried it and nothing happens

blitzerzero
1st February 2009, 5:39 AM
the strengh on the truck for mew dosen't work, i've tried it and nothing happens

You idiot, you actually believed that? >_>

Silver_Flame
6th February 2009, 8:01 PM
I love messing with the glitches on my old Gen 1 games. My personal favorite glitch Pokémon is Charizard 'M (http://trsrockin.com/dex_charzm.html). A lot of the info on that page was submitted by me actually, I've wasted many hours messing with my old games XD

1stGenTrainer
10th February 2009, 1:28 AM
Does anyone have any information on glitched moves?

Yarken
20th March 2009, 5:55 AM
A level 128 Seadra and a Level 243 Kangashkan, reverts back to lvl 100 when used in battle..

~Spacial_Rendation~
20th March 2009, 11:11 AM
I have encounterd Missingno in Yellow. It freezes and corrupts EVERYTHING. I did it by using the mew trick with some Fisherman.

That thing freaked the living **** out of me.

Pokemon1234567890
21st March 2009, 4:38 AM
I know Pokemon Blue and Red is old games, but me and my brother likes playing them to get back to the classics, and we did a link battle and my level 14 charmander attacked his level 15 squritle and it missed. Then he showed me that on his screen it said his moves were TM14 and strange moves like that. He attacked with TM14 and nothing happened, then I attacked and he lost health then his health bar stretched all the way across the screen and he wouldn't lose health, so we had to turn them off. Why did this happen?

Slowking[George]
21st March 2009, 9:40 PM
Hi guys, Im playing Yellow for a while now and the only thing I have lef to to do before the leage is to beat Giovanni in his Gym. Im trying to find Missingno's but without any succes. I went to that guy who teaches you how to catch pokemon in Viridian City and I said no but noting happens. When I go back to Fushia City to swim up and down on the right of the island Im not running into a single pokemon or Missingno.

What am I doing wrong? And is it possible for yellow to see any Missingno? I also have Blue and it works fine there..

Sorry for the questions but Im new here, and sorry for the bad english but Im from Holland.

I was trying that when I was younger, but then I learnt that Missigno cannot be found in Yellow.

Slowking[George]
21st March 2009, 10:24 PM

I used to do the same when I was little (search for Missigno). But Missigno cannot be found in Yellow. :(

The_Mexican_Smeargle
21st March 2009, 10:45 PM
I had the over lv100 Mewtwo thing happen when I searched for Missingno. on my red version once, so I caught a bunch of Mewtwos lol

Other than that, I was battling Articuno after doing the Missingno. trick and Articuno's PP wouldn't go down, he used like 30 icebeams on me =O

(s.i.e)
25th March 2009, 1:00 PM
I have encounterd Missingno in Yellow. It freezes and corrupts EVERYTHING. I did it by using the mew trick with some Fisherman.

That thing freaked the living **** out of me.

i would do the same if that happened to my game, afterall these games arn't produced anymore.

win with empoleon ftw
1st April 2009, 2:06 AM
i heard that missingno could freeze your game...why go after it? unless you know how to prevent it better

win with empoleon ftw
1st April 2009, 2:10 AM
although it would be funny to have a pokemon that could freeze up somthing (or just like make it become 1 thing then another)

Master_Roxas
1st April 2009, 3:43 PM
;9558707']I used to do the same when I was little (search for Missigno). But Missigno cannot be found in Yellow. :(

Actually it can. You need to use the mew trick with a pokemon with a special of 182 or 183(182 doesn;t corrupt the Hall of Fame). It does everything R/B Missingno. does.

~Spacial_Rendation~
3rd April 2009, 12:21 PM
I used to do the same when I was little (search for Missigno). But Missigno cannot be found in Yellow.
Actually it can. You need to use the mew trick with a pokemon with a special of 182 or 183(182 doesn;t corrupt the Hall of Fame). It does everything R/B Missingno. does.

Exept delete all the sound in your game (Minus the Beeping sound of a low healthed Pokemon), can permanently scramble your sprites, only be caught in a Master Ball and will evtually corrupt your game.

Yellow Missingno Info and gameplay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r75FYH2o1FM
http://trsrockin.com/yellowmn.html
http://trsrockin.com/dex_yellow.html

NSider_Seth
11th April 2009, 10:46 PM
Does the Missingno. Trick work on Yellow? The multiplying items? I don't recall it working, but others seem to say it does.

~Spacial_Rendation~
25th April 2009, 6:56 AM
Does the Missingno. Trick work on Yellow? The multiplying items? I don't recall it working, but others seem to say it does.

I don't know. My Yellow that had a Missingno had to be replaced.

R/B Missingno - GOOD.
Yellow Missingno- BAD.

BynineB
2nd May 2009, 2:44 PM
I used Whirlwind on a wild level 13-something Kingler (Cinnabar), and..
The game froze.
Resetted, tried it again, same durn thing.
I guess when you're over level 100, you won't budge..

Also, I caught the Yellow Missingno. I didn't even save and the game screwed up.
It crashes a ton, with glitchy blocks everywhere. It also occasionally teleports me to different places when I walk through doors (once I was in the rocket hideout, and got teleported into Celedon when I went into the elevator shaft!)

Zenotwapal
2nd May 2009, 7:28 PM
R/B missingno did nothing to you, while yellow missingno raped your game.
I've experenced this first hand. major stuff happens

BynineB
2nd May 2009, 8:57 PM
Playing around w/Yellow some more..
I exited out of my box.
Then.. magical odd noises, a few glitch boxes...
Then 'Error 6' appears in a text box. And it DIDN'T FREEZE. Odd.
Right after that, I saved, for some reason, and, at the end of saving, the game glitched up and crashed.
Loaded it up.. Normal, except.. Nurse Joy was gone?!
Yup. Couldn't heal my Pokemon. Exited and re-entered the building, she was back!
How weird is that?

mespritchaser
20th May 2009, 9:10 AM
I didn`t get to catch [or even encounter] Missingno. D: But I had a really funny encounter when Oak was catching Pikachu, then glitchy blocks appear all over the screen, and the message log says "PIKACHU used STRENGTH!" And I was like "wtf????"
Another time I went to Glitch City for fun. I saw how it really looked like, and then I can surf on ground and step on water. My glitch encounters were funny altogether. XD

Holo386
26th May 2009, 6:50 PM
leveling up is it ok to play it with friends will it hurt my game

BynineB
7th June 2009, 1:18 AM
leveling up is it ok to play it with friends will it hurt my game

Missingno in Yellow will damage your game if even battled with. Even if you don't save. I quote from experience.

Holo386
9th June 2009, 12:34 AM
around cinnabar island i can figure of the problem and then avoid any problems

Reap3r
13th June 2009, 9:17 PM
am i the only 1 ever to have got mew on blue? i did a magikarp in the pokemon nusery (i think) was 11 yrs ago though. I never did anything complicated to get mew. If i remember correctly it was leaving magikarp for so many days then collecting him and it turned in2 a mew.

Pika_Princess
15th June 2009, 12:31 AM
am i the only 1 ever to have got mew on blue? i did a magikarp in the pokemon nusery (i think) was 11 yrs ago though. I never did anything complicated to get mew. If i remember correctly it was leaving magikarp for so many days then collecting him and it turned in2 a mew.

I did catch mew in blue, but using the classic mew glitch (there's a sticky on it); never tried that one though.
I dusted my old blue off about a week ago and found a glitch I've never really encountered. When I used both leech seed and toxic on a pokemon, the damage from leech seed started to grow like the damage from toxic. Anyone else encounter this? Also, I noticed that Agatha frequently uses super potions *after* I've attacked. I just find this funny because shouldn't an elite four be able to at least afford hyper potions?
~Pikapras

squrtle
18th June 2009, 11:35 AM
I actually read some wierd $hizzle on the internet lol and me and my sis actually tried them
check it out, the cheats were a bit dumb but hey, the last games console I played before the GAMEBOY was a SNES XD

Wild charmeleon or Squirtle
It had something to do with Pallet town and then Cinnibar Island lol

Wild Bulbasaur
I bet youve heard of the cheat that walking around that grassy patch south of Pallet for like, hours gets you a Bulbasaur? whatever site that was owes me 3 hours of my life back

Uber levelled Pokemon
My favourite one haha, it worked too, just do the MissingNo. thing and the wild Pokemon you see will be like, lvl200 Kingler (I used the rare candy cheat to get it to lvl600 or something then battled with it, it grew to lvl100 o.0)

The Fountain in the Sliph .Co office building
apparently Pikablu (yes, Pikablu), Golem and Blastoise live there XD

I don't know HOW this one happened, I call this one "The Unknown Code"
I was in victory road, just getting about my buisness untill...
I stepped down a ladder, into the next room and VOI-LA, the start menu popped up
I was SO confused, so I took it off and then who should appear? a wild Dragonite o.0
I don't know HOW the HELL this happened, but it did, I tried to catch it and it missed
I remember the days when PokeBalls could miss... 'twas a simpler time

MissingNo. still around?
yeah, could be, because I was with a friend, and he was playing his DSi, he had a flashcard and before he got his first pokemon, he clicked the option the see your party, the game then froze, so he re-booted the DSi, on the R4i menu, when he looked at his game icon, it wasnt platinum, it looked like MissingNo. o.0 scary, eh?
looks like MissingNo. is actually a virus that gets into games then multiplys itself, what can we do? I have no idea, but Im sure polluting the air does NOT help at all

ravensrule97
23rd June 2009, 1:44 AM
i got some weird *** glitches on my blue

like one... i did this trick where you fly away from that gambler then beat a trainer and then let a ditto transform into your poke then when you fly to lavender town you will fling a pokemon with the same hex number as the special stat of the pokemon ditto transformed into.

i did this with a lvl 100 haunter i got from the missingno glith. its special was like 196 or something. i got this really weird glitch named h [glitch box] poke [glitch box]. i caught it, and it works exactly as a gengar

sunkirby
23rd June 2009, 3:55 PM
okay, so i did the missingno caught a missing no. but thats not the good part. actually, idid two things. i did the invisble pc thing and i was able to deposit every pokemon except for my already dead misingno, then i could deposit it and i whited out with no pkmn rofl. okay and then i beat the league with missing no in my party and then when i look at hall of fame it shows very strange stuff. for example, a nidorina lvl 124. lol wtf and also it changes the music randomly. like i was hearing the 102 route badabumpbumpbump badabumpbumpbump badabumpbumpbababump. thats what it was. lol any ideas what happened, besides the fact it couldnt read my missingno.

Pokefan0234
23rd June 2009, 5:34 PM
I own a box full of Missingno. Sadly, since I haven't beaten the game yet, I haven't seen the Hall of Fame glitch yet. I also own the other glitches, like PkMn, H' poke, a, .4, etc. Nothing's crashed my game yet... but I'm waiting.

I know at one point I used the Mew Trick to catch a Bug Trainer (0_o). It used Harden, Tackle, and String Shot. Go figure.

My PkMn turned some of my Missingno and itself into Rhydon, so I had to get another. The Rhydon all play a slowed-down version of Lavender Tower's music as their cry.

Ammako
23rd June 2009, 8:22 PM
Once, I wanted to do the Mew Glitch, but instead of battling Mew, it made me battle the Scientist that is near the Gambler that you need to flee away!

It said "You look good at Pok&#233;mon, but how's your chem" and it started the battle. Once I had finished with him, it said "You look good at Pok&#233;mon, but how's your chem" and the battle restarted. It did that many times and I was annoyed, so I turned off the game.

Silver_Johto
24th June 2009, 12:41 PM
I FOUND MissingNO in PLATINUM !!!!!!!
I went to Darkrai's Island the proper way.
I got the membership card i went in the weird Canalave Inn.
Met the weird guy.
Caught the boat to Full Moon Island.
Walked up to the Forest.
Entered.
And saw.... NO DARKRAI ANYWHERE!!!

Since I'd never been to Darkrai's island I tried to access the Underground.
I clicked explorer kit, saved and BOOM!
I go into a pokemon battle?
The battle starts and a Lv. 99 Blue Ditto appears with the name MissingNO...
I battle and it uses water gun...
OK I smash it with my Dragonites Thunder... and takes off bearly anything.
Ok I dicied to use my one Master Ball.
I caught it and it was sent to my box.
A while later i checked my box and it was there, but on Lv. 1, with a Paralized stat and it knew Water Gun, Water Gun and Sky Attack.
Please explain... ANYONE!!!!!!
I need help... I don't want my game stuffing up cause i just got the Black Trainer Card and my Perfect team of Dragons and "What-seem-like-Dragons" (Eg. Aerodactyl, Charizard)

Ammako
24th June 2009, 8:48 PM
No. This is a thread for R/B/Y glitches.

K-B-K
24th June 2009, 11:12 PM
I watched a video today on a different way to get Mew that is quicker and simpler. You don't even need to have more than one gym badge. (because of the locations needed to do it.) You know after the Nugget Bridge in Cerulean City? If you go left to the patch of grass where one trainer is and have an Abra with Teleport and have used the Cerulean Pokemon Center, All you need to do is the same thing you do with the gambler guy but instead of using Fly use Teleport. You then go back to the PC. Just like the Other Mew Trick, You have to fight the kid with a Slowpoke. Then when the fight is done go use Teleport again. Walk through the Nugget Bridge but as soon as you are about to go through it the pause menu appears (just like the Mew Trick.) then press B and there you go, Mew. I haven't tried this myself but it might work.

Ammako
25th June 2009, 1:21 AM
That is well known...

K-B-K
26th June 2009, 7:47 PM
Oh sorry, i didn't know. I did fid my own gengar glitch though. :D

pokemanic alexio
28th June 2009, 11:31 AM
Glitch clear up
Ok i will help all those with glitch problems. Everything in this has been tested and is 100% accurate unless listed otherwise

Shinys
imposable to get for games under gbc (but you could have one to check trade to a gbc game like crystal)
there is a 1/8692 chance you will actual run into one

================================================== =========================
MEW CODES/RUMORS

1. THE TRUCK TRICK

The number one Mew Rumor says that Mew is under a truck under the S.S. Anne.
1. It is crucial that you DO NOT!!! go onboard the S.S. ANNE at VERMILLLION
CITY.
2. Link up with a friend that has a pokemon with the CUT ability (HM01).
3. Play through the game until you have pokemon with the SURF (HM03) and
STRENGTH (HM04). Then go to VERMILLION CITY.
4. Go on the gang plank that is the entrance way to the boat. Instead of
gettingon the boat, use your pokemon with SURF to swim to the ground to the
right of it.
5. When you go onto the ground, you will see a truck. Use your pokemon with
STRENGTH to move the truck. After you move the truck, you will see the icon of
a pokeball or ofa pokemon (like when you encounter MEWTWO). Which icon you get
depends on the color of pokemon you have. Engage this icon. You will now be
fighting MEW (pokemon 151).

What Happens:
This code does work, just not on the American Red and Blue versions. Try using
it on the Japanese Green Version.

2. THE CELADON MANSION

Mew is supposed to be in the Big mansion in Celadon after you get 150 pokemon.

What Happens:

3. THE HALL OF FAME GALLERY

All you do is catch a missingno, and beat the elite four a couple of times.
After each time check your hall of fame and it will screw up but keep pushing
a.Eventually a mew will appear. You can't catch it though.

What Happens:
CONFIRMED! You don't have to catch Missingno., just see it. I have done it
before. Try it!

4. HM06: SUPERSTRENGTH

This is just like the number one rumor but it works. First do everything the #1
rumor above says but don't go to the ss anne yet. Get a missing no and teach
him Strength.Now got to the safri zone and fish for a horsea.If you get it you
will get the HM06:SUPERSTRENGTH now you can push the ss anne away with STRENGTH
and push the truck away with SUPERSTRENGTH

What Happens:
CONFIRMED AS A RUMOR! Ash Ketchum1 writes to me this:
Horsea isn't one of the Pokémon you can fish for in either version of Pokémon
while you're in the Safari Zone, so that rumor is impossible.
I CAN'T believe how stupid I am! I never thought of this. Well, Ash Ketchum1
just earned 1 point in the Bash the Rumors game!

MISSINGNO/M CODES/RUMORS

1. THE AMAZING GLITCH MISSINGNO

Missingno can be found if you first go to viridian city, talk to the guy that
teachs you to catch a pokemon,Then to fuschia and surf down to Seafoam
Islands.Surf up and down the coast to find missingno.

What Happens:
CONFIRMED! This is one of the most popular tricks in Pokemon. A variation is
to surf up and down the east coast of Cinnabar Island. If you do use this
code, and you see him, the 6th item in your item list will be multiplied by 129
or so. If you see him, it will also mess up your Hall of Fame (see THE HALL OF
FAME GALLERY in the Mew section). If you catch him, it will mess up your Hall
of Fame also, plus may delete your saved game or destroy your whole game
(highly unlikely). BTW, he has Sky Attack, Water Gun, and Water Gun.

2. THE MISSINGO VARIATION: M

M can be found if you first go to viridian city, talk to the guy that teachs
you to catch a pokemon,Then to fuschia and surf down to Seafoam Islands.Surf up
and down the coast to find M

What Happens:
CONFIRMED! Unlike Missingno, you can only find M in the Blue Version. M is
basically the same as Missingno.

TOGEPI CODES/RUMORS

1. TOGEPI LIVES!

Put a charmander,exeggutor,and a missingno in a box together and it will say
"MissingNo. Has miss evolved into Togepi."

What Happens:
I need confirmation for this one. It sounds wild and fake.

HIDDEN TOWN CODES/RUMORS

1. NEON TOWN GETS VANDALIZED BY JIGGLYPUFF!

You must beat the Elite Four 50 times in a row without saving or healing.

What Happens:
Now this seems like an impossible task. If you are wondering about the
Jigglypuff stuff, Neon Town was on the TV show on the episode "The Song of
Jigglypuff". After she got a black sharpie from a sleeping Ash's backpack, she
would write all over everyone's face that fell asleep while she was singing.
As for this code, I seriously doubt the possibility of this being a code.

MERICHU CODES/RUMORS

1. ANOTHER EVOLVED RAICHU

You can get Merichu if you go to neon town, buy all the items, and trade a
level 100 raichu back and forth with a friend.

What Happens:
Since Neon Town doesn't seem to be real, I doubt this is possible.

PIKARED CODES/RUMORS

1. RED-EXCLUSIVE PIKA-RELATIVE

Beat the elite four 12 times in a row without saving or healing on the Red
version

What Happens:
This sounds more manageable that 50 times in a row. I have the Red version, so
I can take a crack, but I won't waste my time. Don't try it.

PIKABLUE CODES/RUMORS

1. BLUE-EXCLUSIVE PIKA-RELATIVE

Beat the elite four 12 times in a row without saving or healing on the Blue
version

What Happens:
Like the PikaRed rumor, don't try it.

NIDOGOD/NIDOGODDESS CODES/RUMORS

1. EVOLVED NIDOKING/QUEEN

Get a level 100 nidoking and Nidoqueen and go to mount moon. Find any Team
rocket guy and he'll trade.

What Happens:
Interesting. Sounds like a rumor.

YOSHI CODES/RUMORS

1. DRAGONITE --> YOSHI?

Trade a dratini from a red version to a blue.Have the blue evolve it once then
trade it back.Then evolve it to dragonite on the red and go to the secret
dungeon.Stand about where MEWTWO was and use a Fire stone on him.It will say it
doesn't work, but he'll gain the head of a yoshi.Check it's stats and it's the
999th pokemon.It still has the moves of a dragonite.

What Happens:
Doubt it works.

Now for some old ones
magicarp evolves into mew
rumor

magicarp goes to daycare till lvl 100 then you take him back and he evolves into mew.

False this dose nothing but wastes your money. dont even try it.

If you have a glitch that is not up here post it and ill try and test/answer it

well... i do!

go to the safari zone and go in. then go out and say no when the guy
asks if you wana leave. do that again and save your game in the safari zone.
turn off the game. turn it on and go out. fly to cinibar and surf on half land/half water until it says "pa:ding dong...
youll get taken to back to the safari zone. go out and enjoy the corrupted citty!

ravensrule97
1st July 2009, 10:10 PM
I FOUND MissingNO in PLATINUM !!!!!!!
I went to Darkrai's Island the proper way.
I got the membership card i went in the weird Canalave Inn.
Met the weird guy.
Caught the boat to Full Moon Island.
Walked up to the Forest.
Entered.
And saw.... NO DARKRAI ANYWHERE!!!

Since I'd never been to Darkrai's island I tried to access the Underground.
I clicked explorer kit, saved and BOOM!
I go into a pokemon battle?
The battle starts and a Lv. 99 Blue Ditto appears with the name MissingNO...
I battle and it uses water gun...
OK I smash it with my Dragonites Thunder... and takes off bearly anything.
Ok I dicied to use my one Master Ball.
I caught it and it was sent to my box.
A while later i checked my box and it was there, but on Lv. 1, with a Paralized stat and it knew Water Gun, Water Gun and Sky Attack.
Please explain... ANYONE!!!!!!
I need help... I don't want my game stuffing up cause i just got the Black Trainer Card and my Perfect team of Dragons and "What-seem-like-Dragons" (Eg. Aerodactyl, Charizard)

No way that is true. The odds that there is a glitch named missingno with the same moves are practically zero. Although, i do wonder what would happen if you used the explorer kit on newmoon island

Ammako
3rd July 2009, 5:07 PM
You don't want to lose your save file and all, but you use cheat codes?

Darkrai is in Newmoon Island, not Fullmoon Island. You didn't find any Darkrai because you weren't at the right place.

I can 100% tell you are lying.

First, if you had used the code to receive the Member's Card and went to the Inn to go battle Darkrai, Darkrai would have been here, since it appears at the moment you get the item from the Mart.

Second, the event doesn't happens like that. There's no such thing as a book in the Inn and going to the boat to reach Newmoon Island. The real event is that you enter the Inn, and the owner tells you to get in the bed. Then you wake up on the Island, and battle/catch Darkrai.

parasky
4th July 2009, 12:22 PM
No way that is true. The odds that there is a glitch named missingno with the same moves are practically zero. Although, i do wonder what would happen if you used the explorer kit on newmoon island

This is onlky a guess but....

You'll apper in the north - west underground segment like you do in fullmoon island.

Glitchtaker
6th July 2009, 5:13 PM
Now, I can say that the Mew glitch for Red and Blue works. I don't own Yellow anymore, so I don't know about that one. And I mean the glitch where you cannot battle the Youngster with the lv17 Slowpoke, and the Gambler facing the underground path to Celadon city with two Poliwags and a Poliwhirl. I borrowed my cousin's blue version (well, traded her a game for it, anyway) and played and traded pokemon until I got to the point where initiating the entire code was possible. And I got the lv7 Mew, which now is currently lv55 by lots of training and such. Look, I don't have Action Replay or a Gameshark so I don't consider it cheating, that I got Mew through a glitch! I think this glitch is simply for people who can't obtain Mew through Gameshark because they don't have the means for it or the methods to obtain it. So I'll use my Mew gladly and those who say I cheated, well, think what you want. I never used a Gameshark or anything else, so I don't consider my Mew 'cheated'.

Centurion452
6th July 2009, 6:01 PM
Actually i heard that M' appears in YELLOW not blue and missingno. appears in both red and blue also if u encounter a lvl 0 M' DONT PUT IT IN YOUR BOX it will freeze your game
Note: i heard this all from youtube search it on youtube if u dont belive me

Glitchtaker
6th July 2009, 7:07 PM
Okay, guys, I need your help immediately, so please listen to my tale of woe:
I had heard the tales of old, the legends of mystery, the epic adventures of trainers in the past, encountering the accursed MISSINGNO!!! So I decided that I would settle this once and for all. I decided it was time for Missingno to find its maker.
So I traveled, through much toil and hardship, to Viridian city. I encountered the old chap and listened to his legend of the art of catching pokemon, humoring him, for he thought he was wise. I watched his demonstration, observing and watching, and I flew to Cinnabar, the city of dreams (oh, bare with my corny humor, there's a point to all this, I promise)
I leapt atop my trusty Wartortle, and commanded that he surf the east coast of Cinnabar. He did so under my orders, and then . . . BOOM!!!
'M appeared! I had waited for this moment for so long (over five minutes of time, I assure you)! I felt the sweat drop down my brow, felt my fingers clench on the game system, felt my body beginning to shake. I sent out my terrible Moltres, and AHA!!! He used a devastating PECK attack to that legendary 'M, and 'M, the legend, the accursed MISSINGNO, was missing no more . . .
So there I was, surfing along the coast, thinking I had accomplished a great deed, when BAM! A level 180 Aerodactyl appeared, and I was left speechless! I had researched this particular field of study, and found that it was safe to train this Aerodactyl for my own world destruction.
HOWEVER! I was left with the questioning thought . . .
Can I trade this Aerodactyl to Crystal version, and it be safe?

BigDaddy D
8th July 2009, 10:15 PM
these codes helped me get MEW!!!

BigDaddy D
8th July 2009, 10:17 PM
these codes helped me get MEW!!!

Ammako
10th July 2009, 1:30 AM
This is onlky a guess but....

You'll apper in the north - west underground segment like you do in fullmoon island.

I'm pretty sure you cannot use Explorer Kit on Newmoon Island. For having tried it myself before, I think that's how it goes. I can't go re-check now, though. I haven't unlocked Newmoon Island in Platinum, and I don't want to cheat to get to it just to try it.

rocko
10th July 2009, 4:15 AM
the same happeneed to me as glitchtaker,except i got a kingler

EmberStar the Blaziken
18th July 2009, 5:56 AM
Anyone wonder with glitches like Lv. 100+ Pokemon if that is left over functionality that wasn't wiped completely from the coding?

Hauntshadow
18th July 2009, 8:18 PM
^I think (not 100&#37; sure) you are correct.

Anyway, I just came to the realization that pokemon that are hybrids(ex. LM4=Poliwrath hybrid) have the same TM/HM movesets, but I cannot confirm that for everyone. Because I know that Poliwrath and LM4 can learn TM46 and 27 and HM3 & 4 but not HM2.

Also, if you use the Mew trick with a Special over 256, the Hex list starts over, except for 256 and maybe 512 (don't know about 512).Rhydon=1 & 257, etc.

Golden Pure
30th July 2009, 9:28 PM
I watched a video today on a different way to get Mew that is quicker and simpler. You don't even need to have more than one gym badge. (because of the locations needed to do it.) You know after the Nugget Bridge in Cerulean City? If you go left to the patch of grass where one trainer is and have an Abra with Teleport and have used the Cerulean Pokemon Center, All you need to do is the same thing you do with the gambler guy but instead of using Fly use Teleport. You then go back to the PC. Just like the Other Mew Trick, You have to fight the kid with a Slowpoke. Then when the fight is done go use Teleport again. Walk through the Nugget Bridge but as soon as you are about to go through it the pause menu appears (just like the Mew Trick.) then press B and there you go, Mew. I haven't tried this myself but it might work.I watched a video today similar to the one you are describing. Since I just started playing my Blue Version again, I thought it would be interesting to try out the various Mew glitches I have been hearing about. I tested this same exact glitch you described, except I battled the first trainer in Misty's Gym instead of the Youngster with the Slowpoke. I was a bit skeptical at first, but when I was walking up Nugget Bridge my Start Menu randomly appeared. I immediately pressed the B Button and encountered Mew! :D It took me three tries though; I ran out of Pokeballs the first time and fainted it the second time. On my third attempt I bought around 30 Pokeballs, as I only had five previously, and tried again. I weakened Mew little by little with my Pidgey; I was able to lower its HP almost to zero. I also used a few Sand-attacks so its Pound would keep missing, as my Pidgey would have fainted soon should Mew have kept attacking it. Once I lowered its accuracy and HP as much as possible, I threw one regular Pokeball and caught it without having to use another one.

starz48
31st July 2009, 9:32 PM
Will this mew glitch mess up my pokemon yellow game?
------------------------------------------------------------

For this method, the player needs to go to the Gambler in front of the Underground Tunnel entrance east of Saffron City, and stand above him so that he is just off screen. The player then needs to take one step down closer to him, but make sure that he does not see the player, and then immediately press START. If the player is spotted, the glitch would fail. If it was successful, the menu will appear and the player will be able to Fly, Dig, or Teleport. The player needs to use Fly to reach Cerulean City. While flying, the exclamation point that usually appears above a Trainer's head when they wish to battle the player will appear. The player then needs to go to Route 24 and, just like in method #1, defeat the Youngster that owns a Slowpoke (with him walking towards the player to start the battle, or the game will freeze). After defeating him, the player needs to Fly to Lavender Town and head west to Route 8. The START menu will appear. Press B, and Mew will appear at Level 7.

(Note: The player must battle the Slowpoke trainer on Route 24, but the player does not have to battle the Gambler in front of the Underground Path. Any trainer will do. One option is to battle one of the two bikers
who are next to each other on Route 14, then battle the Slowpoke trainer, then return to Route 14. Because Route 14 is isolated, players should use Repel to prevent running into wild Pokémon in the grass and messing up the trick.)
------------------------------------------------------------

clownieo
1st August 2009, 7:41 PM
Right now I am currently performing a glitch that could allow me to trade Johto pokemon to Kanto.It involves switching the link cable between different gameboys.
Link cable switching is a for sure way to get some glitch pokemon if you know what you are doing.

Melloyu, I don't expect the sprites to be the same and chances are the sprite would more likely resemble a missingno after transferring them. Besides, it didn't work and I'm going to keep looking into link cable oddities.

By the way, I forgot to mention that if you put any evolved glitch pokemon (Rhydon, Kangaskaun(sp), etc) into the daycare they revert back to their original form.

Melloyu
1st August 2009, 9:15 PM
Right now I am currently performing a glitch that could allow me to trade Johto pokemon to Kanto.It involves switching the link cable between different gameboys.
Link cable switching is a for sure way to get some glitch pokemon if you know what you are doing.

... from S/G/C jotho pokemon to R/B/Y.......?
how the hell can you believe that ._.?
R/B/Y Don't know any sprite of the Jotho pokemon so they just can't exist there ...

so it is impossible

blitzerzero
2nd August 2009, 3:46 AM
... from S/G/C jotho pokemon to R/B/Y.......?
how the hell can you believe that ._.?
R/B/Y Don't know any sprite of the Jotho pokemon so they just can't exist there ...

so it is impossible

I've heard of it.

I'm not sure if it involves switching the link cable...

But you'll get some glitch Pokemon if you do it correctly. And he said glitch Pokemon.

Tuf Pic
12th August 2009, 2:28 AM
Who's your favorite Glitch Pokemon?!

@RaZor LeAf: I was NOT ADVERTISING... I was simply using that glitch encyclopdia as a reference, & since I couldn't POSSIBLY fit all of the choices into a Poll, I chose to use a URL as a reference instead...

EDIT: Apparently you deleted my URL AGAIN... :rolleyes:

Or did I forget to post it... If so, well then:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glitch_Pok%C3%A9mon

I hope *THIS* time you won't see it as an offence!! :) :club:

The Corrupt Plague
12th August 2009, 3:16 AM
My favorite glitch is Missingno because he is the original, not to mention he has this mysterious aura about him that makes him even more fascinating. Heck, I even like him even better than most of the REAL pokemon.

golduck#1
12th August 2009, 3:18 AM
My favourite glitch was probably to get Mew... Yes some of you guys might not believe me but trust me I have got one from a glitch, just look around on google or something, You get it around nugget bridge as well.

Cioger
20th August 2009, 5:08 PM
I got a mew from a glitch to.

And must my signature say more.

Sedative
23rd August 2009, 7:42 PM
I've just borrowed pokemon red from a friend, planning to get MISSINGNO and do some experiments with it:

- Let if fight against a ditto and see what it becomes.
- Trade it to Crystal

Perhaps trying to do cable switching to send johto pokemon to red and see what happens.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku
24th August 2009, 8:32 AM
I have been trying the "Walk Through Walls" glitch with my Yellow tonight. I can't use Red or Blue because both of those games I only have 1 badge or less, so that's out of the question. So I tried it, and when I got to the point where you walk in the Safari Zone lobby (With your poisoned Pokemon about to feint) I didn't have a poisoned Pokemon on me, and I was able to walk on the counters in the lobby, and when I walked into the black zone, my game got glitched up. :P So can I still do the "Walk thru walls" glitch in Yellow when I have a poisoned Pokemon with me?

And is Viridian Forest a good place to get a Pokemon poisoned? With all the Bug Pokemon, I'm sure there's a Weedle in there somewhere.

deoxysdude94
25th August 2009, 2:47 AM
once i was doing the safari zone glitch on cinnabar island, my game froze and this random guy walked on the water, when he disappeared, he did it again, and it kept going for like 5 minutes, then i could play again.

Cioger
25th August 2009, 2:00 PM
once i was doing the safari zone glitch on cinnabar island, my game froze and this random guy walked on the water, when he disappeared, he did it again, and it kept going for like 5 minutes, then i could play again.

This happened to me!:o

Tundra
29th August 2009, 8:58 AM
I loved the fact that professor oak had a team coded into the game throuhg hacks you can face him

Cioger
31st August 2009, 8:45 PM
I loved the fact that professor oak had a team coded into the game throuhg hacks you can face him

Really? LOL MAN

Glitch 808
31st August 2009, 9:15 PM
My faveourite glitch pokemon is Missingno.

My faveourite glitch is this particular Mew glitch, because something about it just seems like its supposed to happen:

"First, you have to catch an Abra. Like before, battle all trainers EXCEPT the one with the slowpoke, AND the one just to the left of the Nugget Bridge in the grass. Then, make sure you have been to the Cerulean Pokemon Centre before. Next, like before, walk a few steps in front of the trainer in the grass, then press start quickly before he battles you. Then go to Abra and use teleport. You should be infront of the Cerulean Pokemon Centre. Your start button shouldn't be working. Now, go to the trainer with the slowpoke and defeat him. Your start button should now work. Now teleport back to Cerulean. Go to Nugget Brudge. The first step you take should bring up the main menu. Press B and you will encounter Mew."

I can comfirm that version works.

What was his team?

Checkout my glitch videos on my Youtube Channel in my sig.

Mewten150
2nd September 2009, 12:03 PM
Missingno is the best glitchmon, it is the original and is the most well known

growlithefire
16th September 2009, 1:28 AM
missingno rocks. but for some reason, my game wont let me catch it :(

Ammako
16th September 2009, 3:03 AM
because something about it just seems like its supposed to happen:

It is not supposed to happen, actually.
How it goes is that the game loads the start menu BEFORE the Trainer battle.
So you open the menu, fly/teleport off, and THEN the trainer wants to battle.
But you go away.

So then, the Start button doesn't works, simply because the game thinks you're in a battle.
Then you go battle a trainer, and then the game lets you use the Start button again since you exited the battle.

I'm not sure why they load a Pok&#233;mon battle on the starting route, but there's always my theory.

Maybe since you flew off after opening the start menu, the game brings it back on once you go back to the Route, then you shut it off as if you were going to battle the trainer, but since there's no Pok&#233;mon programmed, they load the last Pok&#233;mon you defeated's special attack stat (in hex) and load the corresponding Pok&#233;mon for the battle.

Golden Wisp
16th September 2009, 3:57 AM
Missingno. does 2 cool things
1. Clone items in your bag
2. Destroy your hall of fame records :D

What was his team?

Usually glitch/hacked trainer battles consist of missingnos since no pokemon is programed to be his, so the game uses the placeholder pokemon missingno.
I remember seeing a video where some guy managed to force the old man who catches a weedle to battle The dragon type elite 4 person (what was his name vince? I don't remember :P) Anyway He sent out a missingno. and the old man threw a pokeball. Then it said: "the trainer blocked the ball, don't be a thief" and then "ding-dong! Your out of safari balls" Then the old man acted like he really caught a weedle. >_<

Surfer_Dude
27th September 2009, 2:49 AM
First time i saw missigno was by accident. I did something in red. The only thing i can remember was cinnabar island. Also once i entered the city that has the safari zone (forgot the name :() and it was all glitchy.

Ammako
27th September 2009, 4:41 AM
Usually glitch/hacked trainer battles consist of missingnos since no pokemon is programed to be his

"I loved the fact that professor oak had a team coded into the game throuhg hacks you can face him"

"I loved the fact that professor oak had a team coded into the game throuhg hacks you can face him"

leilukin
27th September 2009, 11:36 AM
My favorite gliches in R/B/Y are MissingNo. and the Mew glitch.

I first heard MissingNo. glitch from my dad(yes, my dad, he used to play Red). I remember clearly that he used the Rare Candy Cheat.

For Mew glitch, I learnt about it from Internet. Thanks to Mew glitch, I could get Mew without any events. :D

Surfer_Dude
28th September 2009, 8:47 AM
Hmm i wanted to try the glitch again.
I found a lvl 132 marowak using the missgNo glitch

Surfer_Dude
28th September 2009, 8:50 AM
Ohh guys check your hall of fame debut...after you battled missingno...
you should find a suprise NOT A GOOD ONE

Remember Missingno is the phantom of the pokedex lol

dialga2
1st October 2009, 8:08 AM
What the heck is a VisualBoy??
lol! its a computer program that plays game boy games on a computer

Nightning
2nd October 2009, 2:46 PM
My Friend has the most messed up HoF I have EVER seen (and mines pret~ty bad)

To start with, he's only beaten the E4 once but his Hof goes on forever...

Also: once I ran into MissingNo. and after running away looked at my HoF and turned off my game without saving, Then turned it back on and found myself in the place I last saved, I went to check my HoF and: It was stuck the way it was when I looked at it after running into MissingNo, even though I didn't save.....

Ammako
4th October 2009, 6:32 PM
This: http://i34.*******.com/j6hquc.jpg

It happened randomly. I turned on the game, went in the tall grass, and this happened.

RayquazaLv.X
25th October 2009, 7:45 AM
This: http://i34.*******.com/j6hquc.jpg

It happened randomly. I turned on the game, went in the tall grass, and this happened.
Woah,that's crazy.Never trust R/B/Y/G...

Nebbio
25th October 2009, 11:42 AM
Does Missingno happen in Green?

Nebbio
25th October 2009, 7:06 PM
Another thing. How is it possible to fight Missingno? It wasn't programed. Same with other glitches. So how? Same with how can it have a cry when the battle starts?

Electricbluewolf
25th October 2009, 7:18 PM
Missingo was like an access to data by the developers. the glitch happens as the game trys to access non-existent pokemon species. Its the most popular glitch in pokemon!

dialga2
30th October 2009, 2:55 PM
you can do the mew glitch with any guy that you can walk into then push start befor you battle.
then take a pokemon with 21 special and fight any trainer
now run into a ditto and let it the pokemon with 21 special now go back to the route that the first guy (the one you ran into) was and your menu will pop up

there you go you have mew!

just changer your special (lvl up or item) and do again you can get every pokemon in the game
it works too i used it to catch mew and hitmonlee
i have a pic of mew on my psp somewhere ill post later

Edit
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5213/dsc022135fj.jpg

Correction: You can do the mew glitch with anyone that see's you when they appear onscreen.

dialga2
30th October 2009, 2:57 PM
When I trained it, it always evolved into Clefairy(I know I wrote Celfable in my other post, I just confused the names^^) for me. I tried it out a few times.

It evolves into Kangascan when you use rare candy on it.

kiri
18th November 2009, 7:01 PM
hola and aloha... and also hello
tried skimming through the previous posts in this thread, but there are A LOT of them, so feel free to shut me up if this has already been covered.
(prepare for wall of text) (starting here)
was just reading up on the (maybe) actual coding issues responsible for the missingno./_'m/lvl.100+<insert random pokemon> glitch (the pokemon you encounter depending on your player name and this and that) but I've witnessed a number of exceptions: I own red version, one of my brothers own blue and the other owns both and we've noticed the glitch pokemon seem to be version-dependent, completely regardless of player name. we've all encountered missingno. and _'m, but the only variation in the lvl.100+ pokemon was between the two versions.

I've also encountered another water's-edge glitch: going through the safari zone and then surfing along the right (or maybe all of the) coast of Cinnabar Island will initiate battles with the safari zone's resident pokemon--very useful for wearing down and capturing the more flighty ones like Kangaskhan and Chansey because they won't flee. however, they won't show up if I've battled any other wild pokemon before getting there. I haven't tried fighting any trainers prior to surfing the water's edge yet. could be interesting to see what shows up if I do... try this glitch out: I haven't noticed any serious subsequent game fritzes from doing this, aside from the Hall of Fame scramble, which might have just been from missingno./_'m.

I'll admit, I'm certainly no expert in hexadecimal, but it seems to me that the water's-edge glitch seems to depend more on the last pokemon you've battled, possibly only under special conditions (i.e. the nonexistent weedle{?} from the Old Man's capture tutorial/Safari Zone pokemon) than your player name.

any thoughts?

deoxysdude94
18th November 2009, 7:44 PM
Just today I was surfing on my way to cinnabar and I encountered a random tangela on the water. Weird glitch.

Final
23rd November 2009, 1:08 PM
You can encounter all sorts of stuff on the waters edge. I encountered a Tangela there and caught it. I also caught that Level 0 MissingNo. thing and now its a Level 100 Kangaskhan with Sky Attack.

Right now I'm just Hex abusing random stuff using Method 3 of the Mew Glitch with different Special Stats. With that, it is possible to catch all 151 Pokemon in the game. Regardless of version. Hell, it's how I caught my Level 7 Zapdos on Yellow.

Anytyme23
23rd November 2009, 5:10 PM
I know on blue version when your choosing your starter choose bulbasaur and when it asks if you want to nickname your new bulbasaur change it to mew and it will turn into mew.

7evenLord
24th November 2009, 7:53 PM
I thought that the visual boy was like a projecter thingy although I might be mistaken with virtual boy

Radon
16th December 2009, 1:52 PM
Another thing. How is it possible to fight Missingno? It wasn't programed. Same with other glitches. So how? Same with how can it have a cry when the battle starts?
Actually, it doesn't have it's own cry. Instead, it uses Nidoran's cry.

Though I do question the possibility of the name being so... understandable. MissingNo.? Missing Number? I mean, are we sure it wasn't programmed?

I know on blue version when your choosing your starter choose bulbasaur and when it asks if you want to nickname your new bulbasaur change it to mew and it will turn into mew.
Yeah, i've tried it. And have seen videos on Youtube about it. It's fake and false.

Lorde
16th December 2009, 7:02 PM
I didn't know about MissingNo. until recently. I encountered one a few months ago when I restarted my Red version.

I was surprised at how easy the glitch is to perform. You'd think that the programmars might have noticed it before they released the game.

Darth Grievous
19th December 2009, 2:29 AM
I turned on my blue version today to find a very unpleasent surprise. I now have a very messed up game. Whenever a textbox comes up, it stays blank and plays random sound effects, then maybe will give random glitch symols or numbers. When I tried to start a new game, the same thing happened.

I have been using this game to expriment with glitches for the past four years, but have never have any negative effects up until now.

The last time I played this game (just before Thanksgiving,) It worked fine. The start button was stuck (I know it was the button, it didn't work for any other game,) but has since somehow fixed itself.

I tried to activate glitch city, and went into the safari zone. When I tried to save when I realized that the button didn't work, so I shut it off without saving. I haven't touched it again until today when I discovered the glitch.

I did some glitch research on Bulbapedia, and as best as I can figure, it may be either error code 1, 2, or T. It says error code 1 "is also known to exist in normal gameplay if the player has a broken or damaged cartridge." I did forget that the cartridge was in my backpack when I put my damp swimsuit and towel in the bag, but I doubt that is the problem. It was in a small pocket on the inside as the same compartment, but my red version was right next to it and works perfectly fine.

I really want to find a way to fix it, because this was my first game ever. Is there any way to fix this, or is am I just screwed?

skootskoot
19th December 2009, 3:55 AM
I really want to find a way to fix it, because this was my first game ever. Is there any way to fix this, or is am I just screwed?

I doubt you'll be able to fix it. The game doesn't really have any feature that can help and gaming companies are against glitches (and have admitted that performing glitches can screw up your game). Have you tried to start a new game? Sometimes rewriting the data can fix it. I hope you aren't sentimental lol.

Darth Grievous
19th December 2009, 4:09 AM
I doubt you'll be able to fix it. The game doesn't really have any feature that can help and gaming companies are against glitches (and have admitted that performing glitches can screw up your game). Have you tried to start a new game? Sometimes rewriting the data can fix it. I hope you aren't sentimental lol.

Yes, I believe I stated that I tried to start a new game. And yes I am somewhat sentamental, which is why I am trying to fix this. Red version jst isn't the same...

Is there a way to just delete the file in first gen, or was that added later?

skootskoot
19th December 2009, 5:15 AM
my bad i didn't realize you had stated that. i really don't know what you expect to be done about it. and i don't know about deleting. i wish you the best of luck though

thekingofgods
19th December 2009, 7:51 AM
it has something to do with the type and which trainers your fighting....using a psychic pokemon against sabrina causes her to repeatedly use recover....

yeah i used my good buddy mew and zam just wouldnt die!!!!!!!! after a while i went to venisaur she psybeamed and back to recover as mew came out thank god for psychic special drops=P

thekingofgods
19th December 2009, 7:59 AM
what is the zzazz glitch btw?

Darth Grievous
19th December 2009, 1:29 PM
Well, that was odd. Last night I attempted to play Blue Version and tried walking in front of a trainer (somthing I had not treid since this whole thing started) and it worked fine. I restarted it, and still it seemed to work fine. I assumed everything was back to normal so I left it alone for a while.

Later I tried again only to find that my hopes had been crushed. It was screwed up again. But now I know there seems to be hope. I figured this whole thing started randomly then stopped randomly, so it may work again later.

Now I'm trying to figure out if starting a new game would help next time it works, or if it'd just start back up again on the next try and leave me stuck in Pallet Town.

Blue Shiny Pikachu 1
21st December 2009, 4:35 AM
This might not be a glitch or not but in Yellow if you go off of those ledges Pikachu will do a dance and after a few more seconds take a step and Pikachu is suddenly not moving it's legs. It only lasts for a few steps.

Pokemon Trainer Brandon
26th December 2009, 9:33 AM
I don't know if this has been posted in this thread or not, but I stumbled upon a way to get surfing pikachu using the methods of the Celebi hex trick. This isn't my video I am about to post. The video belongs to someone else. For this trick/glitch you will need pokemon silver or gold. You need one of them. You also need pokemon stadium 2. I know since I mentioned " pokemon gold and silver" and "pokemon stadium 2" in a 1st generation game thread I will probably be told this isn't the thread to post in since this thread is for glitches for the 1st generation pokemon games. Mentioning pokemon gold and silver and stadium kind of go off topic but were else would I post a glitch/trick like this? It has to do more with the yellow version anyways so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Also if this glitch has been posted already I apologize, I am not going to bother looking through 96 pages of posts just to see if it has been posted lol. Here is a link to the video, I assure you 100% it is nothing inappropriate. Just please take my word on it. I am not sure if we are allowed to post videos in this thread, but I didn't see any rules about not posting videos in this thread so I will post anyways. The person who performed the trick didn't use any type of cheating device. He simply just used the fundamentals of the well known Celebi hexing trick. He performed his own experiment and it worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6hEpYUXm4Q

Champion Shirona
26th December 2009, 11:27 AM
I don know why but i played my Red Recently that time..
I have defeat the E4 and im going to fight them again.Using my m2 and Charizard.
When i just fought Lorelei,after some of her pokemon fainted,the game freeze and some mixed music happens.Like catching and evoultion stuff/

ar25
29th December 2009, 3:42 AM
if you read say , the bottom of the sixth page they say that missingno is lugia, which is wierd because my friends used to find missingno (while i was hiding, scared of him) and they used to say that they saw the "new lugia". is this just a coincedince

blitzerzero
1st January 2010, 3:30 AM
if you read say , the bottom of the sixth page they say that missingno is lugia, which is wierd because my friends used to find missingno (while i was hiding, scared of him) and they used to say that they saw the "new lugia". is this just a coincedince

Yes, it's a coincidence.

Just having Sky Attack and Water Gun as its only attacks does not mean Missingno is a Lugia.

Rezzo
2nd January 2010, 2:54 AM
what is the zzazz glitch btw?

It's a glitch which causes all the game's variables to be set at 153, causing your party to be filled with lv. 153 Bulbasaurs that only know Explosion. It also causes your name to be filled with the letter 'Z', hence the name ZZAZZ glitch.

Absol trainer
8th January 2010, 5:06 PM
This has probably been posted many times before, but I'm not gonna read 96 pages for that.
Anyways, I found this out many years back. If you're battling 'ghosts' without the silph scope in the pokemon tower, theres a trick to see which pokemon it really is. You can't catch them though. I thought you need to do this: go to your pokemon watch at their stats, and go back to the fight. If I remember correctly there should be a ghastly or haunter sprite now instead of the 'ghost'. You still can't attack it because your poke is still too scared or something like that.

And that's it I think

Shaymingal
31st January 2010, 1:53 AM
i Probably should have went to this thread, instead of making my own >.<

Gucci Mane
2nd March 2010, 1:10 AM
Phantom Organ... Has anyone else experienced this?

Remember the Phantom Organ in Red and Blue? The screen turns red and this CREEPY *** music starts playing... I almost had a heart attack. Sadly there is no video of that on youtube. Someone needs to make it! Just catch missingnoe, go to saffron city, and access the PC. Then it should happen... Well that's how it happened to me. And I mean it, that is some of the CREEPIEST music ever...

The Mewtwo Master
30th March 2010, 7:47 AM

Remember the Phantom Organ in Red and Blue? The screen turns red and this CREEPY *** music starts playing... I almost had a heart attack. Sadly there is no video of that on youtube. Someone needs to make it! Just catch missingnoe, go to saffron city, and access the PC. Then it should happen... Well that's how it happened to me. And I mean it, that is some of the CREEPIEST music ever...

OMG, I've done that glitch :o

Also, here's something about Missingo:

Depending on who you name your person, determines the Missingo Sprites, I saw Skull Kabutops

WishIhadaManafi5
30th March 2010, 11:42 PM
OMG, I've done that glitch :o

Also, here's something about Missingo:

Depending on who you name your person, determines the Missingo Sprites, I saw Skull Kabutops

I remember reading about that somewhere.

I used the Missingo glitch a lot back in the day... catching Safari Zone Pokémon out in the water... it made catching Kangaskhan and the like all the more easier to catch...

*making numerous rare items, master balls, etc...

*running into high level Haunters, Golducks...

*running into and then running away from teh evol M' O_O...

*catching the legit (for lack of a better word) one and turning Magikarp into digital sushi :p(as in it's pic was screwed up when I battled against one that a trainer had...).

The Mewtwo Master
31st March 2010, 6:32 AM
OMG, I did the very same things, I caught Missingno and evolved it with one of my 99 Rare Candies he gave me, it turned into a Kanghaskan with Sky Attack and 2 Water Guns O.O

I wish to research Missingno more, but my Super Nintendo GameBoy Player isn't working much

Voku
31st March 2010, 12:02 PM
I just tried the Phantom Organ Glitch, scarier than the exorcist!

The Mewtwo Master
31st March 2010, 3:55 PM
I just tried the Phantom Organ Glitch, scarier than the exorcist!

Heck yeah it is, my brother was scared too D:

Also, if you capture Missingno at Level 0, it'll break your collectible copy of Red or Blue (Missingno is non-existent in Yellow with Game Genie) so ONLY catch the ones at Higher Levels

MissingNo#box
3rd May 2010, 4:18 AM
me and one of my friends saw MISSINGNO he didnt catch it but i did and when i caught it all my data was deleted but since he didnt catch it all of the items in his invetory were doubled

WishIhadaManafi5
7th May 2010, 8:15 PM
OMG, I did the very same things, I caught Missingno and evolved it with one of my 99 Rare Candies he gave me, it turned into a Kanghaskan with Sky Attack and 2 Water Guns O.O

I wish to research Missingno more, but my Super Nintendo GameBoy Player isn't working much

Wow, I didn't know that it could evolve... good find there. And definitely random evolution wise :p.

monaug5
10th May 2010, 9:29 PM
Who created Missingo?

monaug5
10th May 2010, 9:31 PM
Who created Missingo?

Lil Crickee
24th May 2010, 7:11 PM

quoted from march, but i tried that with an M and missingno. and it didnt work. what a shame, i really wanted to try this out. or maybe you just glitched up the hall of fame?

i mistakenly did the ZZAZZ glitch this morning, but at the same time, i was trying to catch random glitch pokemon. oh my god, the most weirdest glitch ever. o_O i dont recommend it unless you have lots of patience.

Gokufan
6th June 2010, 1:47 PM
I caught a Zoroark ;) Sorry for bad quality, it's Youtube converter's fault :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWoJ9LWtZVQ

WishforaMilotic
27th July 2010, 12:16 PM
I like the stand on cut tree glitch ^_^

ShadowSplash
27th July 2010, 3:40 PM
Well I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place. This isn't exactly a 'glitch' since it just accidently happened and I doubt I could ever make it happen again ... also this happened in my Silver version, but I didn't see any MISSINGNO/GLITCHES thread on that area. So my apologies, but I didn't find a better thread to post this on.

Anyways, this was one of the scariest things that happened for me, especially since I have a very high fear for glitchy electronics (to the point that if I see Missingno. I scream and hide my face in my pillow until someone finds me like that to turn the game off ) ...

So I was like 8 or 9, and I was trying to trade Pokemon from my spare Gold to my Silver version via two gameboys and a link cable. And you know how those darn link cables used to be, even touching that thing the wrong way would cause connection failures and all that good stuff.

So I must have done something, pulled on the cable, or bumped it enough to cause a problem, but suddenly my Silver version froze up and the music got stuck. Then, the music started playing the battle music, and I went into a Pokemon battle. I was terrified by this point, but I kept watching and continued. I was challenged by 9999999, a Rocket Grunt sprite, who then sent out AAAAAAA which was a female shiny celebi sprite that made a Rhydon cry. I freaked out and was about to turn off my gameboy, but it locked up anyways.

I never did get to see what else happened. But I still have the record from my battle with ROCKET9 ... very creepy.

WishforaMilotic
27th July 2010, 3:53 PM
That's freaky =_=''

ThePainbringer
27th July 2010, 6:04 PM
Anyways, this was one of the scariest things that happened for me, especially since I have a very high fear for glitchy electronics (to the point that if I see Missingno. I scream and hide my face in my pillow until someone finds me like that to turn the game off ) ...

Wow.... I thought i was the only one afraid of glitches....

ShadowSplash
28th July 2010, 7:53 AM
Wow.... I thought i was the only one afraid of glitches....

Noo ... I'm so afraid. It's basically a phobia. (Glitchaphobia? =.=) I mean, when my laptop gets messed up (had some bad experiences with crappy harddrives or viruses) or any of my gameboy games do something weird (usually Pokemon), I get so scared. Like that horrible knot in your stomach, shaking, sweating, freaking out. o.o

I like to try out glitches from R/B/Y, but I'm always doing them when someone is around. Except, like, the Mew glitch (fly from the gambler, fight the slowpoke, go back to Lavender, etc) Except, if you do that with other trainers, you sometimes get MIssingno. (which I didn't know the first time I started messing with the glitch). I was on the phone, and I got a Missingno. and I started shaking and I was like "OMFG $#@%!@$@#@ I GOT MISSINGNO ....." and hid my face in my blanket.

And usually if I do any glitches with Missingno. on my yellow (usually for the 99 rare candies), I always end up having a series of nightmares for the next few days. Always. About me playing Pokemon and Missingno. appears and I can't defeat it or run from battle, and it slowly just gliches the game more and more ...

Anyways, I'm rambling. But yeah, you're not the only one. I thought that I was the only one! >.<

Gucci Mane
25th August 2010, 7:43 PM
Someone post a video of the PHANTOM ORGAN!!!

Samm0
1st September 2010, 3:34 AM
ATTENTION: TO CLEAR UP QUESTIONS ABOUT OLD MAN GLITCH
the pokemon u find depend on ur name the third, fifth, and seventh digits decide which three pokemon u will find. the second decides the level (usually above 100) that the 3rd digit pokemon will be; the 4th for the 5th; the 6th for the 7th. the table can be found at the link below. NOTE: if u used a preset name there are more digits than is visible i belive they are:( i am not sure tho)
Blue: JOHN_BLUE_GA
red: JOHN_BLUE_GA
gary:BLUE_GARY_JO
john: GARY_JOHN_BL or RE

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Old_Man_Glitch

Samm0
1st September 2010, 3:41 AM
Noo ... I'm so afraid. It's basically a phobia. (Glitchaphobia? =.=) I mean, when my laptop gets messed up (had some bad experiences with crappy harddrives or viruses) or any of my gameboy games do something weird (usually Pokemon), I get so scared. Like that horrible knot in your stomach, shaking, sweating, freaking out. o.o

I like to try out glitches from R/B/Y, but I'm always doing them when someone is around. Except, like, the Mew glitch (fly from the gambler, fight the slowpoke, go back to Lavender, etc) Except, if you do that with other trainers, you sometimes get MIssingno. (which I didn't know the first time I started messing with the glitch). I was on the phone, and I got a Missingno. and I started shaking and I was like "OMFG $#@%!@$@#@ I GOT MISSINGNO ....." and hid my face in my blanket.

And usually if I do any glitches with Missingno. on my yellow (usually for the 99 rare candies), I always end up having a series of nightmares for the next few days. Always. About me playing Pokemon and Missingno. appears and I can't defeat it or run from battle, and it slowly just gliches the game more and more ...

Anyways, I'm rambling. But yeah, you're not the only one. I thought that I was the only one! >.<

to stop the glitches u must view the stats of a regular pokemon (or restart the game) damage to your hall of fame is usually permanent tho

SmoG878
1st September 2010, 7:17 AM
everything in my pokemon red suddenly turned blue!

HOLY POOP!

i think my other cartriges casted a hex or something ._."

Ammako
1st September 2010, 11:58 PM
everything in my pokemon red suddenly turned blue!

HOLY POOP!

i think my other cartriges casted a hex or something ._."

That's because you held the Left button when turning on the game.

SmoG878
2nd September 2010, 9:44 AM
That's because you held the Left button when turning on the game.

._."

*feels like a complete noob*

*tries it out*

apparently it works with the other directions too. You get blue, green, yellow and pink! not a glitch, but probably an easter egg.

WishforaMilotic
2nd September 2010, 1:46 PM
._."

*feels like a complete noob*

*tries it out*

apparently it works with the other directions too. You get blue, green, yellow and pink! not a glitch, but probably an easter egg.

you are a noob if you don't even know that x_X All old Nintendo cartridges - grey not black, since black game carts are carts that came out after GBC came out and have the added bonus of being compatible with the GB - can change permitting them to change color on the GBC...
just re-done succesfully the Mew glitch ^_^ YAHPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYY!!!
I've caught anotherone thanks to the catch any pokemon glitch >3<" this site is small but bluudddiiii greeeat!!!!!!!!:
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/mewglitch.html team up with this site for the list of LD Trainers: http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/198314-pokemon-yellow-version-special-pikachu-edition/faqs/27916 and ANY pokemon at will $_$!!!!

colton has glitches
27th October 2010, 1:19 AM
i have a glitch that lets you get a growlethe in pokemon blue version
all you have to do is start the mew glitch like normal and when you get to the point where the start is disabled go to the city with the boat.next DO NOT GO IN THE POKEMON CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go right tll you are in the next route. go down to the old guy and leave a spacwe so he can walk to you beat him then use teleport and you should be back in cerulean city. finnaly just go to the bridge where you fought the 5 trainers and when your start screen pops up press b and instead of mew it will be growlthe. be careful he has roar and you will have to start over if he uses it.
i a the first one to find this out.

colton has glitches
27th October 2010, 1:25 AM
shorter way to get mew!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my other glitch i found out was that you do the mew glitch and do it till your start is disabled insted of going back up just go in the gym and fight the first guy and beat him then go to the bridge and you get mew this is shortest way and i found this out and i am the first one to post and find this out

Magic_Dragon
9th November 2010, 3:55 AM
So, I'm a glitch guy... I've been glitching all summer long and stuff... Heres some stuff I found.

If you guys don't know this yet, your name influences what pokemon come out of the Missingno glitch. If you set it right, you get to fight "Cooltrainer M"

He sends out 6 pokemon, 5 of which are glitch. One of them is a normal flareon with nothing special. One of them is the infamous Glitcherino, a Nidorino with the move "TM42"* which is capable of crashing the game if your pokemon doesn't faint.

Now, do the glitch city glitch, and go to Cinnabar island as you would with the Missingno glitch. Making sure you have enough repel to last 500 steps, enter the water and begin surfing back and forth. The occasional glitch pokemon could** slip by, but not if you put your fastest pokemon in your party first. Continue surfing until you hear the bell form the Glitch City Glitch. Enter Glitch city and you will be in the Cinnabar Island/Missingno strip glitch city. If you have the right name digits, you should be able to encounter "Cooltrainer M" as normal if you walk on water. If you do, make sure not to kill his Glitcherino. Wait until it uses TM42, then, right after your pokemon either faints or the move doesn't kill your pokemon, turn off your game.

Turn your game back on and you should return back to your last save point. There will be one change. ANY grass you enter, you should be able to encounter any glitch pokemon. For example, for one of my games, the glitch pokemon I could encounter were Lvl 150 Mewtwo, Lvl 167 Porygon, Lvl 99 Missingno (Ghost Form). Now, this should no really affect the actual appear rate of the other pokemon in that area, but glitch pokemon will randomly appear. In some cases, I have encountered a normal pokemon, and then the game glitches, freezes for a second, and then unfreezes to show TWO pokemon stacked on top of each other, one being a glitch pokemon.

Thats just one of the things I discovered over the summer, I have a whole list of things. If you're interested, just PM me ^.^

*TM42 will appear in the form of explosion, and do damage to both your opponent and your pokemon. Glitcherino will NEVER faint, and if your pokemon doesn't faint the game will freeze briefly and turn off.

**This only applies for non Missingno glitch pokemon with speed higher than your current party leader.

Meggi
28th November 2010, 4:41 AM
I don't know if this has ever been mentioned, either here or anywhere else, but about 8,9 years ago, i had Red Version (US) & was doing the normal MissingNo. glitch. I was only about..9 or 10 at the time so i was obviously scared at what happened next. I guess when i caught M, (at the time, i didn't know i wasn't supposed to catch it!) something really scary/odd happened.
i don't remember what happened exactly, but i guess i caught it and went to the PC at Cinnabar. The next thing i knew, i tried to withdraw M and it used sky attack in the PC, i never withdrew it and the game froze up and started making eerie, possessed like noises.I'm pretty sure the graphics were messes up as well as the hall of fame.I shut my game off, left it for a moment, and turned it back on, only to find a NEW GAME file option only.It obviously scared me so i didn't know what to do..
I was never able to save a new game ever again after this. If anybody had has this happen or know anything about it, sharing it would make me extremely thankful!

Primal Crusader V
28th November 2010, 5:52 AM
http:/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iD9U08y4Pw&feature=related

I ran into this video. This guy claims the missingno. secret. I just wonder if it's true.

Luna-kun
7th December 2010, 4:54 PM
i always like beat missigno coz,he gave me alot of exp points

President People
21st January 2011, 8:40 AM
I was replaying Yellow on my Gameboy Advance SP some time ago. Gameboy cartridges are touchy on the SP so any slight bumps could crash or freeze the game. Or this…

I was on the route west of Cerulean city, training my Pikachu, named Spiffy. A wild Spearow jumps out. During the encounter, the game glitches, and the Spearow flashes into a "Spiffy", a copy of my Pikachu! I'm like "Woah, this is weird! Let's catch it!", so I did. After the catch, the encounter didn't end. The Spearow was still there, only it was yellow, like my Pikachu! So what did I do? I killed it. Why? I don't know.

After the encounter, I checked my newly caught "Spiffy". It was an exact copy of my original one.

I really wish I had caught that Spearow...

shadi1
24th January 2011, 5:15 AM
This Phantom Organ Glitch,Can someone actually Post how to do and not say how scary it was.
Cause saying it was scary isn't legit enough

SalamanceKing
5th February 2011, 1:48 PM
R/B Glitch city

YOU MUST HAVE A POKEMON THAT KNOWS FLY! Go to the Safari Zone and enter. DON'T TAKE ANOTHER STEP! Exit the Safari Zone. The man will ask if you want to leave early. Say no. Exit the Safari Zone and say no again. This time, save. Shut the power off, then turn it back on. Exit the Safari Zone. Walk down. The man should ask you if you want to join the hunt. Say no. Exit the building and fly to Cinnabar Island. Surf up and down the East coast. After you take 500 steps, the PA will ding and you will be transported back to the Safari Zone. Walk out, and you will be in this glitched city with numbers, and bits of buildings everywhere. If you get stuck, just open up the menu and surf. Or, just fly away.

geekgirl
8th February 2011, 12:19 AM
Can you actaully safely use this MISSINGNO or 'M in games or transfer them between games? I remember seeing this in the first Pokemon game I owned. I had no idea there would be such a big discussion about it...!

7420Cola
15th February 2011, 1:43 AM
I found a trainer through the missingo glitch and caught him, is that weird?

Darkrailuver
17th February 2011, 10:07 PM
While trying to trade pokemon my Gengar turned into Missingno.
Then luckly it froze so I got to keep Gengar ^^

Nebbio
17th February 2011, 11:37 PM
Tell me can R/G/B/Y be played without finding glitches?

Aquarelle
19th February 2011, 4:31 AM
Tell me can R/G/B/Y be played without finding glitches?

Of course. Nobody forces you to perform glitches.
However, I wouldn't be surprised if you accidently find a glitch while playing, these games are very glitchy. O___O

On my Blue version, I accidently found Missingno. when i was doing the Mew Glitch, causing my Hall of Fame to get messed up. When I looked at my Hall of Fame just a couple of months ago, the Pokemon Centre music stopped halfway through it, and this really slow version of the Celedon City theme started playing. It lasted until I left the building. It was really strange.

And on my Yellow version, I can't do the Mew Glitch at all. Whenever I fly away from the Gambler on the route in between Saffron and Lavender Town, he doesn't notice me. I know that I haven't battled him, because if I actually talk to him, the battle starts. He just never notices me when I walk in front of him. O_o

Ya ok
19th February 2011, 6:28 AM
When I looked at my Hall of Fame just a couple of months ago, the Pokemon Centre music stopped halfway through it, and this really slow version of the Celedon City theme started playing. It lasted until I left the building. It was really strange.

Yeah, I've found that happens a lot with glitched Hall of Fames. I've heard Celadon, Vermillion, the regular route music, and the music that plays when you follow that guy who leads you to the Pewter Museum through it slowed down. I've also gotten Vermillion and the evolution music at normal speed. Sometimes I've had it change to some songs that I can't even recognize because it only plays one element of the song (what sounds kind of like a beat). There was also one really weird, slow song that I couldn't recognize either...

Glitched Hall of Fames are funny.

agent-redd
28th February 2011, 12:13 AM
I was playing red a few days ago and i was in the middle of a trainer battle against a geodude. then my gameboy accidently fell from my hand to the chair i was sitting on..i picked it up and instead of saying geodude has fainted it said "would you like to give lapras a nickname?" Im not even close to saffron O.o i pressed yes and the screen turned white

AmpharosUltimatum
28th February 2011, 2:53 PM
I only use my Blue version for glitch hunting, now. Sadly, I currently don't know where my SP is, and my Blue version is at my grandma's house right now.

Anywho, I catch Missingno. every run through of the game. My latest one, after I beat the Elite 4 and went to check my hall of fame, my Pokemon sprites were all messed up (i.e. I think my Charizard's head was where his feet should have been), and their cries were either jumbled or mixed up with another Pokemon's. That, or another Pokemon's cry all together.

I love Missingno....

Glitch City is a fun trick, too.

Then there's saving where a cut tree is only to turn the game on and find yourself on the tree, the invisible computer in...Celadon? I can't remember. It's the big city with the huge store.

The Mew glitch is quite enjoyable, too. I can't remember how it goes, though. I caught mine at level 7, but he had stats like he should have been almost level 20. ;O

Aquarelle
1st March 2011, 5:05 AM
Then there's saving where a cut tree is only to turn the game on and find yourself on the tree, the invisible computer in...Celadon? I can't remember. It's the big city with the huge store.

Yeah, that's in Celadon. A lot of people call it the "Phantom" PC. It's there because the hotel in Celadon has the same layout as the Pokemon Centre, so they must've left the coding for the PC in the hotel.

It works just like a normal Pokemon Centre PC, but it's kinda creepy to use. It's like your depositing your Pokemon into a ghost. O__o

Nibbles4Ever
1st March 2011, 6:19 PM
I loved missingno and getting unlimited rare candies and master balls =D

tails_prower7
4th March 2011, 8:08 AM
i traded missingno to my brother bad idea got rid of my bros game save lol never caught missingno again

blak
4th March 2011, 10:47 AM
If only I knew all of this "missingno" stuff 11 years ago.
But since I had the Yellow Version (in Italian), I couldn't have used this glitch (and many other "useful" glithces) in any case...

President People
4th March 2011, 8:27 PM
Like I said in my earlier post, Gameboy Advance SPs are good for getting some cool glitches.

Yesterday, my little brother was playing my old Yellow version on an SP. I told him to come show me if anything weird happened. A few minutes later, he showed me this...

The screen was frozen showing a wild female Nidoran had appeared. The music that plays after you beat a Gym Leader was going, and random attack sounds and bits of Pokemon cries were playing. After a while, the sounds would stop, and the music would continue. If you pressed a button, the sounds would start again.

After clicking a bunch of buttons, my guy and Pikachu appeared, as if the battle had ended. I walked off the battle screen into an extremely glitchy Route 2 (Where the "encounter" had taken place). Segments of different tiles of random colors would flash in and out as I moved, and there were two people. One was a fat guy, walking left and right, and the other was a poke ball, walking up and down. They were on the other side of the fence, so I couldn't get to them.

Walking into Pewter City, tiles were still changing around, but the colors were fine. I talked to the guy who takes you to the Gym, walked inside, no glitchiness. Battling with the Jr.Trainer had glitchy Pokemon and Trainer sprites (Reversed or choppy). Everything was normal when I walked out of the Gym.

MeiChama
16th March 2011, 12:30 AM
I was playing Pokemon Red and for the hell of it, I decided to do the MISSINGNO glitch on Cinnabar since I like messing around with him anyway. XD I tend to just run away though. I kept running into level 132 Mewtwos though as I waited for him to pop up.

Ho - Oh
17th March 2011, 2:17 PM
I was playing Pokemon Red and for the hell of it, I decided to do the MISSINGNO glitch on Cinnabar since I like messing around with him anyway. XD I tend to just run away though. I kept running into level 132 Mewtwos though as I waited for him to pop up.
Wow! MewTwo! I thought you can only get nidorans! (and a level 0 missingno that after you catch it, it turns into another pokemon so you get two pokemon from one battle...)

Anyways I have another glitch!

Everyone knows the mew glitch right?

So I have a new way to get infinate!

Step 1. IF YOU HAVE THE CASCADE BADGE FORGET IT!

Step 2. Make your way to the first bug catcher (after the underground tunnel above Vermilleon follow path from UnderGround Path...)

Step 3. Do the start menu thing with him... (you must be one tile out of your sight...)

Step 4. Step one tile left into his sight and yours but press start before he sees you.

Step 5. Teleport out with Abra or Dig out.

Step 6. Go to Cerulean gym and fight the first trainer (He's in the water.)

Step 7. Lose against his SECOND POKEMON not first and don't beat him either because if you do you can't get another one...

Step 8. Go through under ground path but before you go outside save and when you get to the route above vermellion you sould still be on the door to the underground path exit the menu.

Step 9. Now you are teleported inside the building and a wild battle will happen, and it's mew! Repeat for infinate mews!

How it works: For infinate mews you MUST exit the underground tunnel on the way to Vermellion, otherwise you won't teleport through the door and the trainer battle will be done, as of when you're out of the map, you won't override the trainer battle allowing you infinate mews or other pokemon... ALSO, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T FIGHT ANY WILD POKEMON ONLY THE ONE TRAINER! (Except for the Mew battle of course...)

Forgot to mention, you need to half mew's hp to catch it (unless your using a masterball...)

Oh, and don't forget the old master ball trick

A + up When pokeball is thrown, B + Down when it's open, and A+B when it's closed and doing the movements

or if that didn't work the first try use this one.

B + up When pokeball is thrown, A + Down when it's open, and A+B when it's closed and doing the movements.

Switched the A and the B. I don't know if it actully works for eveyone, but it did for me (I'm using Red and an SP)...

Rezzo
18th March 2011, 11:16 PM
Wow! MewTwo! I thought you can only get nidorans! (and a level 0 missingno that after you catch it, it turns into another pokemon so you get two pokemon from one battle...)

Anyways I have another glitch!

Everyone knows the mew glitch right?

So I have a new way to get infinate!

Step 1. IF YOU HAVE THE CASCADE BADGE FORGET IT!

Step 2. Make your way to the first bug catcher (after the underground tunnel above Vermilleon follow path from UnderGround Path...)

Step 3. Do the start menu thing with him... (you must be one tile out of your sight...)

Step 4. Step one tile left into his sight and yours but press start before he sees you.

Step 5. Teleport out with Abra or Dig out.

Step 6. Go to Cerulean gym and fight the first trainer (He's in the water.)

Step 7. Lose against his SECOND POKEMON not first and don't beat him either because if you do you can't get another one...

Step 8. Go through under ground path but before you go outside save and when you get to the route above vermellion you sould still be on the door to the underground path exit the menu.

Step 9. Now you are teleported inside the building and a wild battle will happen, and it's mew! Repeat for infinate mews!

How it works: For infinate mews you MUST exit the underground tunnel on the way to Vermellion, otherwise you won't teleport through the door and the trainer battle will be done, as of when you're out of the map, you won't override the trainer battle allowing you infinate mews or other pokemon... ALSO, MAKE SURE YOU DON'T FIGHT ANY WILD POKEMON ONLY THE ONE TRAINER! (Except for the Mew battle of course...)

Forgot to mention, you need to half mew's hp to catch it (unless your using a masterball...)

A + up When pokeball is thrown, B + Down when it's open, and A+B when it's closed and doing the movements

B + up When pokeball is thrown, A + Down when it's open, and A+B when it's closed and doing the movements.

Switched the A and the B. I don't know if it actully works for eveyone, but it did for me (I'm using Red and an SP)...

lolwut

10charlimit

Aquarelle
19th March 2011, 7:34 AM

That trick doesn't actually work. Pressing buttons won't magically convert a Pokeball into a Master Ball.

Either your full of it or are just extremely lucky and catch Pokemon everytime you toss a ball.

Lorde
19th March 2011, 9:27 AM

As someone else before me said, holding down random buttons doesn't help when catching Pokemon in R/G/B/Y. Those rumors spread throughout the Internet back when these games were released, but we now know about the true mechanics behind capturing Pokemon. As for that complicated-looking Mew glitch that you posted: I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. You've posted fake glitches before so I don't believe this one. It also looks a lot like one of those older "glitches" that people used to post in the late 90s to waste other people's time.

Rezzo
19th March 2011, 10:30 PM
Has anyone messed around with the glitch Pokemon .4? I've found some cool stuff by going around with it in my party, such as going to a PC and depositing a seemingly never ending horde of glitchy Slowbros.
I've also used it to take me to a new glitch city, which had stairs everywhere and Prof. Oaks walking all over the screen O_O

Nitram
19th March 2011, 10:38 PM
i have never got a missingno :(

Nitram
19th March 2011, 10:39 PM
after catching misingno , file deletes right?

Rezzo
19th March 2011, 10:44 PM
after catching misingno , file deletes right?

I've caught quite a few Missingno.s and I haven't lost my save file yet.

Kingudora
19th March 2011, 10:54 PM
As someone else before me said, holding down random buttons doesn't help when catching Pokemon in R/G/B/Y. Those rumors spread throughout the Internet back when these games were released, but we now know about the true mechanics behind capturing Pokemon. As for that complicated-looking Mew glitch that you posted: it's fake. You've posted fake glitches before so I don't believe this one. It looks a lot like one of those older "glitches" that people used to post in the late 90s to waste other people's time.

His description sound like a variation of the Mew glitch, that does work.

Aquarelle
20th March 2011, 4:57 AM
His description sound like a variation of the Mew glitch, that does work.

Yes, the first half of his description was a version of the Mew glitch. The bottom part of it, though, was talking about how pressing certain buttons causes any ball to act like a master ball. That part doesn't work at all.

Kingudora
20th March 2011, 9:25 AM
Yes, the first half of his description was a version of the Mew glitch. The bottom part of it, though, was talking about how pressing certain buttons causes any ball to act like a master ball. That part doesn't work at all.
Yes, that is just illusion of control. I usually press a and/or b when I try to catch a pokemon, but I know it doesn't help.

Aquarelle
20th March 2011, 11:03 AM
Yes, that is just illusion of control. I usually press a and/or b when I try to catch a pokemon, but I know it doesn't help.

I actually do that, too. I always press either the a button or the b button repeatedly when catching Pokemon. It's mostly out of habit, though. When my friend and I were younger we believed the glitch in which pressing buttons would make the pokeball turn into a master ball, so we would always try to do it. :p

Kyrix
20th March 2011, 3:34 PM
Has anyone messed around with the glitch Pokemon .4? I've found some cool stuff by going around with it in my party, such as going to a PC and depositing a seemingly never ending horde of glitchy Slowbros.
I've also used it to take me to a new glitch city, which had stairs everywhere and Prof. Oaks walking all over the screen O_O

Yeah, I've played with .4 back in the day. xD

One of the more memorable things that happened to me was when I used a rare candy on one and it proceeded to evolve continuously for 5 minutes or so into different pokemon...before ending its evolutions by evolving back into itself. Whenever I got one, my pause menu wouldn't work 9 times out of 10 (well, I could pause, but old men sprites appeared all over the screen and the start menu was split in half and didn't work), and I would be lucky to get even halfway back to a city before it crashed. =P

Fawomp
25th March 2011, 7:02 AM
so missingno pokemon is based on your name you choose in the beginning of your journey?

Aquarelle
25th March 2011, 10:33 AM
so missingno pokemon is based on your name you choose in the beginning of your journey?

Yes, your name determines what form MissingNo. will be in when you encounter it using the Old Man Glitch (This (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missing_No.#Forms) page gives more information on this).

I believe your name also determines what levels the Pokemon you encounter along the Cinnabar Island will be at, too.

Chickasaurus
25th March 2011, 5:52 PM
Yes, your name determines what form MissingNo. will be in when you encounter it using the Old Man Glitch (This (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Missing_No.#Forms) page gives more information on this).

I believe your name also determines what levels the Pokemon you encounter along the Cinnabar Island will be at, too.

The 'list' of Pokémon is drawn up like this.

[X]YZYZYZ(YZYZ)

The second, fourth, sixth (eighth, tenth) characters determine the level of that Pokémon depending on the index number of that character, whilst the third, fifth, seventh, (ninth, eleventh) characters determine the species according to the index number of that character.

Take the simple name 'MARK', you will get species for index number of R at the level corresponding to the index number of A (Marowak at Level 128). You also get a MISSINGNO. (hex 50) at level 138 (K) because although there is no visible fifth character the hidden end name symbol is always used at the end of a name.

The only complication is with default names which you actually choose from the New Name menu, so selecting 'RED' will give you different results than actually entering it in. The reason for this is because those names are 'truncated' from larger strings in different ways, like this (DEFAULT1[END]DEFAULT2[END]) I can't remember the full strings off the top of my head, but in this case it means that Pokémon corresponding to characters which you cannot see can be drawn up by characters post 7 and the end name symbol.

Another trivial point of why 'M occurs. It is hex 00 of course, so you would need a character of hex 00 in the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th but such a character is unselectable. However, say for example that you have a normal name (which you enter in) which is five letters long. There is no seventh character, so the game resorts to bringing up species 00 ('M) at level 80 (because the sixth is the end name character hex 0x50, which converts to 80 in decimal).

Trainers: If the index number of a third fifth seventh or ninth eleventh character is greater than 199 (which is hex C8) the game sets a flag telling it to make it the corresponding trainer class -200. You can only encounter a limited number of trainer classes though because the only applicable characters [there's a total of 21 New Name symbols which work for Trainer classes) range from ' (hex 224 which gives class 24 'Black Belt') to ♀ (hex 245 which gives class 45 'Channeler'). The unused classes coincidentally correspond to MN (Pokémon Prof.) and – (Chief) and can be fought with those characters.

The rosters of a Trainer also depend on the second fourth sixth eighth and tenth, though it doesn't really mean anything because the index numbers for selectable characters are too high so for instance an 'A' (the letter, not the glitch Pokémon) is index #128 and it would tell the corresponding trainer to send out roster 128 which doesn't exist (well it does, but it's irrelevant data being read as roster data [like the now popular MSPaint read as sound data video!] ), hence the different glitch teams.

Rezzo
27th March 2011, 9:37 PM
Yeah, I've played with .4 back in the day. xD

One of the more memorable things that happened to me was when I used a rare candy on one and it proceeded to evolve continuously for 5 minutes or so into different pokemon...before ending its evolutions by evolving back into itself. Whenever I got one, my pause menu wouldn't work 9 times out of 10 (well, I could pause, but old men sprites appeared all over the screen and the start menu was split in half and didn't work), and I would be lucky to get even halfway back to a city before it crashed. =P

Yeah that happened to me too; it started evolving into familiar Pokemon with... not so familiar cries, which was kinda creepy. He also filled my party (after evolving) with a huge wave of Vileplumes and Slowbros, and I only knew this by depositing them in the PC.

MugoUrth
5th April 2011, 1:54 AM
I strongly dislike when people get the idea that MissingNo is an actual Pokemon.

Missingno. Master
6th April 2011, 1:56 AM
My .4 behaves like a normal Pokemon.

I strongly dislike when people get the idea that MissingNo is an actual Pokemon.
That's funny, because I strongly dislike when people get the idea that Missingno. isn't an actual Pokemon.

Lorde
6th April 2011, 5:04 PM

So your name determines the type of MissingNo that you'll encounter on the coast of Cinnabar Island. That's interesting and I never knew that before. I had always just assumed that the kind of MissingNo that you ran into was random and not really based on much. I guess I should read more about it.

Yeah, I really don't like that either since I personally don't think that MissingNo is a Pokemon. It's always just been a glitch in the games and giving a glitch the classification of a Pokemon seems sort of odd to me. I don't hate MissingNo or anything since I had fun using it during the Generation 1 games, but I don't think it should be classified as a Pokemon - it should just be classified as a glitch.

Missingno. Master
8th April 2011, 12:51 PM
Good lord!

I got to Cinnabar Island in Red, and there are Mewtwo on my Cinnabar coast! Level 132 Mewtwo, level 126 Golbat, Missingno. (level 146 with the usual cry for the species, and level 80 with Dragonair's cry), and level 80 Golduck.

kidfresh
9th April 2011, 1:23 AM
I don't know if we're allowed to talk about glitches on the forum, and I apologize if we are not. But I came across this, as I have taken a bit of an interest in Glitchy Charizard. It's basically an article experimenting on glitch pokes, and I thought it was pretty interesting. The author does use a bit of language though, as a forewarning. It's here (http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Blue/Update%2011/). I know he labeled it as Pokemon Blue, must've been a typo as it is clearly Yellow.

spartanlaser
12th April 2011, 9:56 PM
Has anybody here heard of mew under the truck?

Victini_Victory_V
12th April 2011, 11:13 PM
The only glitch I found with Missingno, is that Butterfree is all glitched. But the Missingno that I got was the Kabutops Skeleton? Odd...

FLAMEBOY
13th April 2011, 12:17 PM
Has anybody here heard of mew under the truck?

yeah :/ too bad it's fake... i've tried so many times xD

Lil Crickee
14th April 2011, 1:41 AM
i caught a lv 245 wartortle using the surf glitch (purposely set up my name to encounter it) and it did a random level jump to 255. so i gave it a rare candy and it 'grew' to lv 0 with the glitched hp bar. i battled with it for a few minutes and there's a little symbol infront of it's hp. eg. (x)99/90
it can't ever faint and the little symbol switches from random lines to the little pokeball from the border.

pre' cool

piplup1036
16th April 2011, 3:29 PM
I got a werid glitch from catching missingno/ M
after I caught it I went to the safri zone and all I could find was bulbasuares that you couldnt catch. I threw my safri ball at onee it sead that message you cant steal another trainers pokemon.

CursedtiniOnlyFriend
16th April 2011, 7:36 PM
When just started playing Blue, I was randomly walking around Pallet (I think) and was somehow able to walk past the forest thing without being stopped. I went into grass and BOOM. MissingNO appeared and destroyed my whole game in a instant....This shows MissingNO. Screws people's game over.

DarkEmerl123
16th April 2011, 7:39 PM
I have encountered Missingno twice. I think it was on Pokemon Platinum. I was on a chat room with a friend at the time, and when the first one appeared, and I didn't know what it was at the time, so I was freaking out to my friend. She warned me not to catch it, so I didn't, obviously.

Venomrec
16th April 2011, 7:43 PM
I caught missingno & when i used it in battle it was a human with a black jacket, this was in blue version.

uhavfun
22nd April 2011, 9:14 PM
I remember that i caught a Rayquaza in emerald and it said "you have caught me and now you must now suffer consequences by being trapped underground the sky pillar" and i was under ground i knew that because there was a sing saying "underground the sky pillar Rayquaza city" WTF?! i was sorrounded by rayquaza's moving around like citizens but you got to say its pretty wierd also i turned it off without saving and then turned it back on and it said "EMERALD GLITCH VERSION" WTF?! I went to continue (very confused) and i was still in Rayquaza city And it gets wierder all the rayquaza's can talk english im playing it right now and im still stuck in rayquaza city but i got to say it is more fun than old boring emerald version that is just my opinion because im ubsessed with rayquaza.
;493; says your fake.

Nebbio
12th May 2011, 8:25 PM
I have encountered Missingno twice. I think it was on Pokemon Platinum. I was on a chat room with a friend at the time, and when the first one appeared, and I didn't know what it was at the time, so I was freaking out to my friend. She warned me not to catch it, so I didn't, obviously.

Missingno does not exist in forth gen. You're either lieing or hacking.

Cetra
14th May 2011, 10:20 AM
I know the MissingNo. glitch and the Sunny Town/Glitch City glitch. Why is the Sunny Town/Glitch city glitch not mentioned in the first post?

castlewars
14th May 2011, 3:15 PM
Glitch clear up
Ok i will help all those with glitch problems. Everything in this has been tested and is 100% accurate unless listed otherwise

Shinys
imposable to get for games under gbc (but you could have one to check trade to a gbc game like crystal)
there is a 1/8692 chance you will actual run into one

MEW CODES/RUMORS

1. THE TRUCK TRICK

The number one Mew Rumor says that Mew is under a truck under the S.S. Anne.
1. It is crucial that you DO NOT!!! go onboard the S.S. ANNE at VERMILLLION
CITY.
2. Link up with a friend that has a pokemon with the CUT ability (HM01).
3. Play through the game until you have pokemon with the SURF (HM03) and
STRENGTH (HM04). Then go to VERMILLION CITY.
4. Go on the gang plank that is the entrance way to the boat. Instead of
gettingon the boat, use your pokemon with SURF to swim to the ground to the
right of it.
5. When you go onto the ground, you will see a truck. Use your pokemon with
STRENGTH to move the truck. After you move the truck, you will see the icon of
a pokeball or ofa pokemon (like when you encounter MEWTWO). Which icon you get
depends on the color of pokemon you have. Engage this icon. You will now be
fighting MEW (pokemon 151).

What Happens:

2. THE CELADON MANSION

Mew is supposed to be in the Big mansion in Celadon after you get 150 pokemon.

What Happens:

3. THE HALL OF FAME GALLERY

All you do is catch a missingno, and beat the elite four a couple of times.
After each time check your hall of fame and it will screw up but keep pushing
a.Eventually a mew will appear. You can't catch it though.

What Happens:
CONFIRMED! You don't have to catch Missingno., just see it. I have done it
before. Try it!

4. HM06: SUPERSTRENGTH

This is just like the number one rumor but it works. First do everything the #1
rumor above says but don't go to the ss anne yet. Get a missing no and teach
him Strength.Now got to the safri zone and fish for a horsea.If you get it you
will get the HM06:SUPERSTRENGTH now you can push the ss anne away with STRENGTH
and push the truck away with SUPERSTRENGTH

What Happens:
CONFIRMED AS A RUMOR! Ash Ketchum1 writes to me this:
Horsea isn't one of the Pokémon you can fish for in either version of Pokémon
while you're in the Safari Zone, so that rumor is impossible.
I CAN'T believe how stupid I am! I never thought of this. Well, Ash Ketchum1
just earned 1 point in the Bash the Rumors game!

MISSINGNO/M CODES/RUMORS

1. THE AMAZING GLITCH MISSINGNO

Missingno can be found if you first go to viridian city, talk to the guy that
teachs you to catch a pokemon,Then to fuschia and surf down to Seafoam
Islands.Surf up and down the coast to find missingno.

What Happens:
CONFIRMED! This is one of the most popular tricks in Pokemon. A variation is
to surf up and down the east coast of Cinnabar Island. If you do use this
code, and you see him, the 6th item in your item list will be multiplied by 129
or so. If you see him, it will also mess up your Hall of Fame (see THE HALL OF
FAME GALLERY in the Mew section). If you catch him, it will mess up your Hall
of Fame also, plus may delete your saved game or destroy your whole game
(highly unlikely). BTW, he has Sky Attack, Water Gun, and Water Gun.

2. THE MISSINGO VARIATION: M

M can be found if you first go to viridian city, talk to the guy that teachs
you to catch a pokemon,Then to fuschia and surf down to Seafoam Islands.Surf up
and down the coast to find M

What Happens:
CONFIRMED! Unlike Missingno, you can only find M in the Blue Version. M is
basically the same as Missingno.

TOGEPI CODES/RUMORS

1. TOGEPI LIVES!

Put a charmander,exeggutor,and a missingno in a box together and it will say
"MissingNo. Has miss evolved into Togepi."

What Happens:
I need confirmation for this one. It sounds wild and fake.

HIDDEN TOWN CODES/RUMORS

1. NEON TOWN GETS VANDALIZED BY JIGGLYPUFF!

You must beat the Elite Four 50 times in a row without saving or healing.

What Happens:
Now this seems like an impossible task. If you are wondering about the
Jigglypuff stuff, Neon Town was on the TV show on the episode "The Song of
Jigglypuff". After she got a black sharpie from a sleeping Ash's backpack, she
would write all over everyone's face that fell asleep while she was singing.
As for this code, I seriously doubt the possibility of this being a code.

MERICHU CODES/RUMORS

1. ANOTHER EVOLVED RAICHU

You can get Merichu if you go to neon town, buy all the items, and trade a
level 100 raichu back and forth with a friend.

What Happens:
Since Neon Town doesn't seem to be real, I doubt this is possible.

PIKARED CODES/RUMORS

1. RED-EXCLUSIVE PIKA-RELATIVE

Beat the elite four 12 times in a row without saving or healing on the Red
version

What Happens:
This sounds more manageable that 50 times in a row. I have the Red version, so
I can take a crack, but I won't waste my time. Don't try it.

PIKABLUE CODES/RUMORS

1. BLUE-EXCLUSIVE PIKA-RELATIVE

Beat the elite four 12 times in a row without saving or healing on the Blue
version

What Happens:
Like the PikaRed rumor, don't try it.

NIDOGOD/NIDOGODDESS CODES/RUMORS

1. EVOLVED NIDOKING/QUEEN

Get a level 100 nidoking and Nidoqueen and go to mount moon. Find any Team
rocket guy and he'll trade.

What Happens:
Interesting. Sounds like a rumor.

YOSHI CODES/RUMORS

1. DRAGONITE --> YOSHI?

Trade a dratini from a red version to a blue.Have the blue evolve it once then
trade it back.Then evolve it to dragonite on the red and go to the secret
dungeon.Stand about where MEWTWO was and use a Fire stone on him.It will say it
doesn't work, but he'll gain the head of a yoshi.Check it's stats and it's the
999th pokemon.It still has the moves of a dragonite.

What Happens:
Doubt it works.

Now for some old ones
magicarp evolves into mew
rumor

magicarp goes to daycare till lvl 100 then you take him back and he evolves into mew.

False this dose nothing but wastes your money. dont even try it.

If you have a glitch that is not up here post it and ill try and test/answer it

The truck 'cheat' is false. You can't move the truck at all. Go to this site:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFn9pqOYvus

BLMNDEF
14th May 2011, 4:44 PM
Check it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsa-XC4s8MY&feature=BFa&list=PL1AD8C09C9CA7D8B1&index=7
Also, a whole playlist of pokemon glitches:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL1AD8C09C9CA7D8B1

VIA
17th June 2011, 3:33 AM
I was battlimg missingo and when I thre a masterball at it( I havent saved dont worry) it rolled three times and then the masterball failed.I restarted the game.

Drdj11
17th June 2011, 3:42 AM
Yay the mew trick did work in pokemon green{amazing how I got this right?}

pokesaurus
23rd June 2011, 8:01 PM
I have a Mew trick similar to the one in the video. I went up to a scientist dude and did the open menu before he notices and fly away thing. I went to Cerulean, and went to battle the trainer in front of the mountain or whatever (He is the trainer farthest north on that area) and battled him. I then flew to Lavender Town and the second I stepped on the Route heading for Saffron, my Start Menu came up. I pressed be and a Wild Lv. 10 Mew attacked me. I caught it. This was in Pokemon Yellow. I have never used a Gameshark, and I read about this on another site. I think it knows Transform, and a few more moves.

Samurott41001
24th June 2011, 2:45 AM
Yeah, according to this dude I met today, I heard about this glitch at the nugget bridge. In the little strip of grass by nugget bridge, there is a trainer, and right when he notices you, press START and teleport (using a psychic type that knows teleport) to the nearest Pokemon center. Go back to the nugget bridge, and the game acts like your in a trainer battle, but it happens to be a Mew! Just please don't get mad at me if I'm wrong, because I just took this lifeguards' word for it. (Yes I went swimming today.):503:

VIA
24th June 2011, 3:38 AM
I found a glitch where if you go to route 1 and stand in the first patch of grasss in the first collum it doubles your items. You have to have obtained all 150 pokemon since this is how the hex glitch works.

Samurott41001
24th June 2011, 2:36 PM
Ok. I have a question. If you catch a MissingNo, and transfer it to Yellow, what does it turn into? And are both games glitched?:503:

Samurott41001
27th June 2011, 6:38 PM
Oh yeah, it turns into .4 or somthing. But really, what is it?

Samurott41001
27th June 2011, 7:14 PM
Ahh... the sweet smell of computer errors. Shoot. I messed up my game. This thread is about the TRUTH on MissingNO. Lets start with how to find it. Along with it's cousin 'M, It can be found via Viridian Old Man glitch, and the Mew glitch. I only know the Viridian, because I'm not an elite player. Talk to the Old Viridian man and watch a Pokemon demonstration, then fly to Cinnibar island and walk/ surf along the coast. You may find a high leveler, or a MissingNO. This is not in Pokemon Yellow. Some people call it a "simple programming quirk" but I KNOW it is more. Now think about Cubone. Cute little Cubone that looks like a Kangaskhan baby with a skull on it's head. It IS a Kangaskan baby with a skull on it's head! It says in the Cubone description that it wears it's mothers skull. It evolves into Marowak, but Marowak was GOING to become Kangaskhan, but cut from the game at the last second. Instead of spending countless days trying to erase the file, it was moved to a file called MissingNO. The most ghastly, evil, creepy glitch EVER! Don't you think the gap has to be SOMEWHERE? It must be MissingNO. I've heard many theories that only 'M is the Link or that MissingNO. is not pre-Kangaskhan Kangaskhan. But it is! If your not a coward, catch MissingNO. and feed it a Rare Candy, it produces a Kangaskhan! Plus that Cubone is freakishly similar to the Kangaskhan baby. MissingNO. AND 'M have to be the gap. DISCUSS...

Hey RaZoR LeAf! Can you do me a favor? I'm less than half your age and I know your making kids younger than me cry! Your shutting down peoples thread just because of the topic. I do not intend on offending you, but could you be a little nicer and re-open all these threads? Thank you! (i am talking about glitch threads)