thunderpunch

Torkoal;324; Quirky
overheat
explosion
curse
rockslide

Darkeggy
7th August 2005, 3:05 PM
Typhlosion. But don't use your moveset. That's horrible.

-Flamethrower
-Thunderpunch
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

Manyula
7th August 2005, 7:21 PM
see a bove and why not eq darkeggy

Darkeggy
7th August 2005, 7:22 PM
Why would you use EQ? My set is supposed to be special attacking, with Subpunching for *****s like Blissey who sponge up special attacks.

Manyula
7th August 2005, 8:01 PM
ok *ten charcter lmit*

Chaotic Houndoom
7th August 2005, 8:04 PM
I'd say Typhlosion. oo;

aipomkong
7th August 2005, 8:27 PM
Typhy@petaya berry
Timid - 252 spd / 252 satk / 6 hp

Fire blast
thunderpunch
substitute
sunny day

**** sub-punching this thing is better, just get set-up and fire blast everything in sight, t-punch shits on gyarados

ash is king
7th August 2005, 8:40 PM
flamethrower>fire blast so if you miss you dont miss b/c if you miss you get shat on

PKMN Legend Anthony
10th August 2005, 11:58 AM
Why would you use EQ? My set is supposed to be special attacking, with Subpunching for *****s like Blissey who sponge up special attacks.

why not just use earthquake on blissey? insted of taking up 2 move spots for substitute and foucus punch

aipomkong
10th August 2005, 12:07 PM
why not just use earthquake on blissey? insted of taking up 2 move spots for substitute and foucus punch

no why are you leaving typhlosion in against blissey when EQ does on average 34% plus blissey can just use softboiled

SapphireL
10th August 2005, 7:01 PM
I'm gonna haveta say Typhlosion too. I just like it more... and it's faster.

Golden Groudon
10th August 2005, 7:10 PM
lol. Torkal can explode bliss to death. =D

I prefer Typhlosion tho.

Hypnosis
10th August 2005, 8:32 PM
Yeah, Typh is better..
He's faster than Torkoal..

Shurei_Kaiba
10th August 2005, 9:09 PM
Though I excel in competitive battling this decision comes down to means of what it is you're looking for. Obviously, it's a fire type, but lets go a little further in depth.

Typhlosion excels in special attacks as well as speed, hence if you wanted to quickly defeat your opponent, he'd be a good choice; however, you'd need a moveset with Thunderpunch and Flamethrower or another fire attack, with two fillers.

Torkoal is a defensive Pokemon with good HP. I know sometime down the line he learns Amnesia, that's a great move to teach him; along with Rock Slide, perhaps EQ, and Toxic. He's meant for tougher opponents that you have to use strategy against, as opposed to quick sweeping.

superryan
10th August 2005, 9:37 PM
Though I excel in competitive battling this decision comes down to means of what it is you're looking for. Obviously, it's a fire type, but lets go a little further in depth.

Typhlosion excels in special attacks as well as speed, hence if you wanted to quickly defeat your opponent, he'd be a good choice; however, you'd need a moveset with Thunderpunch and Flamethrower or another fire attack, with two fillers.

Torkoal is a defensive Pokemon with good HP. I know sometime down the line he learns Amnesia, that's a great move to teach him; along with Rock Slide, perhaps EQ, and Toxic. He's meant for tougher opponents that you have to use strategy against, as opposed to quick sweeping.

More like Torkoal is a tank and typhlosion is a sweeper. No Amnesia on Torkoal plase, and no, you don't excel at competitive battling, as your rating shows.

Golden Groudon
10th August 2005, 9:41 PM
Haha. Torkal as a tank? No. Why would you want a tank that blows up?

superryan
10th August 2005, 9:42 PM
well it can't exactly sweep either, and it has decent defense, so I just assumed tank.

Golden Groudon
10th August 2005, 9:45 PM
Meh. It's hard to classify.

mimic
10th August 2005, 10:19 PM
torkoal, typhlosiom is outclassed

Tetra Seleno
10th August 2005, 10:27 PM
I've never actually used a Typhlosion well due to overestimating its usefulness in the first half of G/S/C, so I'll say Torkoal, since it's an extremely variable Fire type that isn't dual-typed like other Fire types ( Magcargo and Camerupt are excellent examples ) with 4x weakness to Water.

However, Typhlosion is a lot easier to use and all you have to do with it is sweep.

But in the long run, I'd rather go with Torkoal.

shadow charmander
11th August 2005, 2:18 AM
i would go with typholsion...im not gopod at ms anymore so dont laugh at this one..

thunder punch
flamethrower
hp water
counter

eh not to good i think..but worth a shot...t-punch waters and flyers,flame lots of things,and then use hp water on fire and ground ans rocks...and the counter when your fight things that um..phiscly attack.

Golden Groudon
11th August 2005, 2:30 AM
i would go with typholsion...im not gopod at ms anymore so dont laugh at this one..

thunder punch
flamethrower
hp water
counter

eh not to good i think..but worth a shot...t-punch waters and flyers,flame lots of things,and then use hp water on fire and ground ans rocks...and the counter when your fight things that um..phiscly attack.

Sorry to say this but your set is horrible. =(

shadow charmander
11th August 2005, 2:37 AM
Sorry to say this but your set is horrible. =(
i know. i havent done sets in forever..even played pokemon in about eh. since june...

Golden Groudon
11th August 2005, 2:47 AM
Well, you should try to go to

http://www.smogon.com

It's THE site for pokemon movesets. :)

shadow charmander
11th August 2005, 2:54 AM
Well, you should try to go to

http://www.smogon.com

It's THE site for pokemon movesets. :)

kk thanks ^^

WaterLover4Life
12th August 2005, 4:04 AM
I like Typlosion! ^_^

PKMN Legend Anthony
16th August 2005, 8:40 PM
well thanks for all your help but i have gone with..........t............t..ttt..............typ hlosion! i dont want a focus puncher i have my breloom for that so its movset is........

HP Grass (WAOH! i got it)
Earthquake
Flamethrower
Thunder punch

aipomkong
16th August 2005, 8:41 PM
what exactly is Earthquake going to do

Laio
16th August 2005, 11:11 PM
Typlosion,
the move set is horrible though.

PUrEHearT
16th August 2005, 11:43 PM
its in-game let him go... any moveset pretically works in-game

PKMN Legend Anthony
25th August 2005, 7:27 PM
ye it is in-game and he is awsome but if i use him in link battles you think i sjould make him a sub- puncher?

Broodstar
25th August 2005, 11:36 PM
Yeah cause subsitute=blaze ability activated+fast speed=sweep

Dark Flareon
22nd November 2005, 7:56 PM
I think you should go with typlosion the best by far because torkol is so s..t but there we go we all have different opinions but you should go with what ever you want go with your heart if you like torkol better then you should go for torkol!!!!

SapphireL
22nd November 2005, 8:39 PM
WOAH. Bumped thread. >__< Don't reply to topics that are more than a month old PLEASE.

closed.