PDA

View Full Version : Fruits Basket

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Typhlogirl
30th April 2006, 8:49 AM
A change of topic would be nice, yes. o_o

Fav FB shipping of all time?

Ayame X Mine. Because I think that they are so well suited to one another. I don't know why, they just are. If you've read the part in the manga where they come to make the costumes for the play, you would know what I mean. The two of them cause chaos. IT'S FUNNY. Plus I think they really seem to care about each other, from what I've read. Plus, neither of them are Tohru or Catboy. 10 million points for Aaya and Mine. May they always be happy together.

In second place would be Ritsu x Mii-chan. THEY ARE SO CUTE. OMFG. I am SO ANGRY with Takaya-sensei after she OVERLOOKED THEM IN FAVOUR OF TOHRU AND, GUESS WHO?!? THAT ORANGE HAIRED...PERSON!! I was going to say something worse, but I will strive for politeness. *gritted teeth* I wanted to cry. I really did. I mean, Ritsu is already so alone. He needs Mii-chan. They suit each other. That chapter with Ritsu (see how there is no need to specify the volume?) where she appeared was just so gorgeous...I would draw fanart if I wasn't artistically challenged.

Guess what? I also support Yuki X Tohru. HOE NOES, I'VE CROSSED OVER TO TEH DARK SIDE AGAIN!. Yep. I'm supporting this shipping again! Hey, this is what made me keep reading Fruits Basket past the first few volumes! You cannot fathom the fury I felt when I found out they would not end up together! I know it isn't canon, and I don't care that Tohru ends up with he-who-must-not-be-named, and I don't care that Yuki sees her as a mother. I believe, from what I've infered from the recent manga, that Yuki is jealous of Kyo and how Tohru loves Kyo, or He-who-must-not-be-named-in-Typhlogirl's-presence. So I'm again a Tohru x Yuki. Heaven help me.

So Tohru x Kyo (doesn't deserve Tohru) and Yuki x Machi (doesn't deserve Yuki) can bite me. BECAUSE MY SHIP WORKS YO. XDD

Ahem. I believe I have adequataly answered the question.

-;157;

P.S. LOL ROY, I saw what you said about me in the Fav Member's thread. XDDD I'm changing my user title right now.

The Red Butterfly
30th April 2006, 5:18 PM
Oh, great one of the questions I hate but If i had to pick i agree totally with Roy^^ I always liked the Kyo x Tohru ship, even in the first book where there really asn't many shipping moments, I thought they'd look adorable together. Plus they care for eachother so much and understand eachother^_________^ so thats my fave ship!!

Tayuri
30th April 2006, 7:46 PM
Um, Hi?

Watashi wa Tayuri desu... And I've been lurking here for several weeks now. ^^;; Then I started to feel a little disgusted with myself for being so shy. And felt sadly stalkerish. So I thought I'd at least say konnichiwa. I probably won't get my head bit off for that, ne?

Um... I'm a Furuba obsessor... I've gotten a reputation around school for being such a freak because I lend Furuba to so many people on a daily basis. ^^; Oh, and doesn't Furuba 14 come out in english today? I hope so. Edit: It appears not... Faulty information.

So... domo arigato for your time. *hides* Tayuri will scamper off now.

The Red Butterfly
30th April 2006, 7:57 PM
HI, don't worry you're not alone everyone who posts here is a Fruits Basket fan^^ My friend always mocks me on it XD anyway not to sure about the 14th book, out by me it comes out in august!! Who's your fave character?

Xiang
30th April 2006, 7:59 PM
A lot of my friends like FB so they all support me in my obsession... except in Pokemon >.<

Aww, Tayuri, do stay. I'm a shy person as well, but we're all nice people (right...?). We love to see and talk to more FB fans, because FB rocks more than people's socks.

Pikastar7
1st May 2006, 1:31 AM
I have one question.
Kureno is the last Zodiac member we meet. He's on 14. Akito will probably be on 15. WHo'll be on 16+?

Megchan
1st May 2006, 2:26 AM
I have one question.
Kureno is the last Zodiac member we meet. He's on 14. Akito will probably be on 15. WHo'll be on 16+?

Click link to see covers: http://www.subafuruba.com/FB/SF/EN/covers.htm

Purplemoon
1st May 2006, 8:42 AM
Hello all!
Anyway, where I live, I went to this pulp culture expo thing called Armageddon and there was fruits basket plushies (Kyo, Yuki, Tohru and Shigure) and manga up to volume 16 that was only meant to be sold in Singapore (which me and friends only found out after buying).

NO idea what my favourite pairing is, even though I don't think that that topic is being disscussed...

Tayuri
1st May 2006, 2:12 PM
Thanks for the nice greeting. =)

About my favorite character? >.< That's so hard. There are too many really good ones, but I'd have to say Momiji. Followed by Kisa and Haru. <3

Umi Mizuno
1st May 2006, 5:18 PM
Fav FB shipping of all time?

Rin x Haru. No explination need because it's self-explanatory. :D No. =P I love them because they had such a great relationship together and in the book it implied that they had Underage Sex They looked so perfect for each other! Plus, I like black. Goth = <3 ;x

Ayame x Shigeru x Hatori - Do you really want me to explain without giving away fangirl thoughts? :D

Kyo x Tohru - Well the signs are all around you. They seem so opposite and like the same at the exact same time. Hey, opposite couples are my favorite kind! :D

The Red Butterfly
3rd May 2006, 1:21 AM
Lol, toally agree^^ (with all the ships that is ;) ) Which book brings up the Rin and Haru thing??

Minami Itsuki
3rd May 2006, 1:33 AM
Oh. I have something to combat Umi's mabudachi trio shipping! D:

Arisa X Hanajima X Tohru

xDD *shot*

Byakugan Tenten
3rd May 2006, 4:46 AM
I am Mysteria Pearls 'friend' and she has told me that she is having some technical difficulties with her computer and wished me to tell you that she won't be on the computer for a while because of a not working internet. Sorry again, Mysteria also says she is completley sorry.

Thank You,

~Irena Mystica~

Minami Itsuki
3rd May 2006, 4:49 AM
Awww....;; Poor, poor Mysteria.

D: Tell her we miss her.

On topic now. D:

DO you guys think Kyo would ever beat Yuki someday? D: Since...it's kinda weird that Yuki beats him every single time. ><

Typhlogirl
3rd May 2006, 11:45 AM
@ The new topic.

Well, it did say in Vol. 11 that the cat has never been supposed to be able to beat the rat...probably something to do with the rat being the 'brilliant one' or something along those lines. I don't believe Kyo will ever be able to beat Yuki fairly (I think that dirty feline might try some underhanded trick - he's already admitted to trying to attack Yuki when he was half-asleep) but I don't think he will be forced to live in confinement after losing Akito's bet. [See Vol 11.]

:/

-;157;

The Red Butterfly
3rd May 2006, 10:40 PM
lol, well i hope he does, otherwise Kyo will be confined ;; but I guess at this rate he really can't do much against Yuki, hope you'll be on soon Mysteria, we miss you over here and hope your internet gets it's act together^^

Mysteria Pearl
6th May 2006, 5:43 AM
WHOHOOOO! Internet has returned for the time being! Yes! *hugs comp* Thanks for your... er... support...

There's five major ways this plot would probably go in. PROBABLY, I said.

1) Kyo beats Yuki, freed.

2) doesn't beat Yuki, gets confined. Tohru has to settle for Yuki (ick)

3) doesn't beat him, admits to Tohru he loves her right before he's dragged away and CREATES A BOND STRONGER THAN HIS HATE OR FEAR OF AKITO (highly likely)

4) Kyo dies. yeah. Tohru cries and in the process, all the Sohmas feel so bad, they all create that same bond with her and they're all free (me no likey that choice)

5) Kyo wins and gets Tohru while Yuki's kicked out (maybe too Fairytaleish, maybe not, you never can tell)

6) this is a pretty popular idea: Kyo admits he loves Tohru but still gets locked up. Tohru goes with him and they're happy in the end (highly unlikely)
I personally think that Natsuki Takaya is too nice to crush thousands' heard in some of these ways, so I'm voting for choice 3.

~ Good to be back, Mysteria Pearl ~

Minami Itsuki
6th May 2006, 5:55 AM
WHOOHOO!! Mysteria's back! *calls Furuba crew* PARTY!!! D:

And Theory # 3 sounds the most reasonable. =/ It IS POSSIBLE! xDD

So awesome. xDD

Mysteria Pearl
6th May 2006, 5:57 AM
Ha, I only thought of all those in my free time, cuz I have no life, other than stress... That makes absolutely no sense.

I hate choice #4 but it is the second most likely... ARRAGGGHHH!

Minami Itsuki
6th May 2006, 6:00 AM
Why would Kyo die though? Oo

I think 1 or 6 are the next likely. xDD

Mysteria Pearl
6th May 2006, 6:05 AM
Things can fluctuate easily. ARRAGH! I forgot one!

6) Tohru dies. As she's dying, The whole Sohma clan becomes so close to her, Kyo admits he loves her and she dies. The whole curse chain is broken. Vey sad but yet a very typical plot... :( "WAHHHHHHH!" Just when you feel like "this is gonna be good! She can't die now!" she dies. I have seen that in so many things. Hate this plot

THAT"S the #2 possibility! Ha! I knew I forgot something!

Minami Itsuki
6th May 2006, 6:14 AM
You mean like....she'll never recover? Oo From that fall? D:

It is sad....but IT IS likely. ;;

Or another possibility:

Kyo and Yuki fight, Yuki is about to beat Kyo, but Kyo doesn't give up, standing up saying he'll beat Yuki, Yuki get's impressed and Kyo punches him in the face...Shigure is amazed then Yuki falls and concedes.

Or something. xDD

Mysteria Pearl
6th May 2006, 6:19 AM
I don't mean neccesserally (wow, spelled totally wrong) from the fall, maybe she would get in a TRANSPORTAION VEHICLE ACCIDENT (you know, both Kyoko and Kyo's mom, who I have dubbed TOhru senior, have gotten killed by transportation vehicles. odd, no? Car and train.)

yes, but onvce again, I said major categories, so your choice would go under chocie # 1... I think...

:D
~Mysteria Pearl~ aka, the retarded internet person

Minami Itsuki
6th May 2006, 6:21 AM
YAY!

Or maybe something like Kyoko's accident would happen...then Kyo is put into the same situation....save Tohru and reveal his secret, or not to and watch Tohru die.

That would be interesting. Oo

Mysteria Pearl
6th May 2006, 6:23 AM
THAT! WOULD! BE! SO! AWESOME! And then he shows he truly cares and pulls her to him, and his curse is lifted because he cared about her more than he feared or revered Akito! AHHHHH! *fangirl scream*

MUST! WRITE! FIC! ABOUT! THAT!

Minami Itsuki
6th May 2006, 6:27 AM
YEAH! Aaaand he thinks: "I DON'T CARE IF MY SECRET IS REVEALED I JUST WANT TO SAVE TOHRU!!" then he jumps and saves her....and he doesn't change. Because HIS CURSE IS LIFTED!!! =D

That is AWESOME! X3

Mysteria Pearl
6th May 2006, 6:31 AM
And then like he's all hugging her and holding her gently (yet firmly) in his arms, she's shocked and he whispers in her ear "I love you" and she breaks out into tears, and repeats the same words back to him! AHHH! *girly squeal*

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Minami Itsuki
6th May 2006, 6:33 AM
*MANLY SQUEAL* xDD

That would be pretty awesome. It would also be a fitting finale for the series. xDD

Now if only I had Takaya-sensei's phone number...or email address. xDD

Mysteria Pearl
6th May 2006, 6:44 AM
m-manly squeal? hmmn...

Everybody would be so relieved if that was the end!

Can you say stalker? Geez, if Natsuki Takaya gave out personal info, everybody would like bugg her, and then if Sensei-Takaya wrote about something somebody didn't like... wow, a scary thought...

Typhlogirl
6th May 2006, 7:43 AM
...Am I the only person who wants Choice 2?

Of course I am.

D:

-;157;

Purplemoon
6th May 2006, 11:20 AM
There's probably someone out there typhlogirl who would pick #2.

They're just not here, but there somewhere.

#3 Is most likely, seeing the way fruits basket is going at the moment.

The Red Butterfly
6th May 2006, 4:15 PM
Well, I bet it'll be a happy ending anyway^_____^ and hey Mysteria welcome back!!!!! I hope Tohru dosent die fromt he fall and I like the Kyoko redo!!!

Mysteria Pearl
7th May 2006, 6:32 AM
:D Thank you, Mayu-kun!

Yes, Typhlo, I highly think you are. How could anybody think that?

Line:

'You must have been raised a bratty little rich girl' (meaning Yuki!)

luv that line, but it's not word for word. yay.

Typhlogirl
7th May 2006, 8:35 AM
Anyone who isn't a raving Kyo fangirl, of course.

And which Vol is that line in? O_o

-;157;

The Red Butterfly
7th May 2006, 5:49 PM
I think that line was said in Vol. thirteen by Nabe when they were fighting wasn't it Oo.......I could be very wrong though. Is anybody else here in love with him as well as the other character their obessed with or is it just me??

Mysteria Pearl
7th May 2006, 11:58 PM
Me= obsessed with: Kyo, Hatori, Momiji, Haru, and Kureno. Also Chibi-san is adorible and Kakeru is pretty good looking as well.

Book thirteen when he was trying to wake Yuki up. ~.~ Luv that part!

The Red Butterfly
8th May 2006, 10:57 PM
OO were obseesed witht he same people XD I know that was pretty funny, I loved the whole student council meeting with them fighting over colors then I definatley thought it was hilarious when Kimi threw herself down when Yun-Yun wouldn't call her Kimi (even after they ate candy together *gasps*)

Mysteria Pearl
9th May 2006, 2:42 AM
adored that part! But I love in an earlier book, when Kakeru says
"I'd say you're more pink." to Yuki! I have it cut out and hanging on my wall!

Minami Itsuki
9th May 2006, 3:37 AM
Furuba Obssessions: Kagura Sohma. D;

Nuff said. xDD

The Culture Fest made me laugh though. Oo Yuki looked feminine.

The Red Butterfly
9th May 2006, 10:51 PM
Did I miss both of those parts?? Was the culture thing in book two where Yuki had to where the dress? PLus when dd that happen Mysteria??? (Was it when they were fighting over colors because I thought Nabe said he was more red because hes the "leader") I'm gonna have to re-read it^^ and thats not a bad thing!!

Typhlogirl
12th May 2006, 12:11 PM
FB Obsessions: Ayame and Ritsu. Yayness.

Here's a little FB story for y'all. :O

I have two RL Furuba addict friends. I sit with one in English class. (She's the fantastic manga artist who drew me the most kickbutt Yuki pic) She was drawing, so I decided to draw too. I drew myself wearing a T-Shirt that had a picture of Cat!Kyo with a big red X on him. It said 'Kyo Sux!'

(This was a joke, you realise.)

Well, she practically had a heart attack. -_- She's a big Kyo fan. Oh, and my other friend, who doesn't go to my school but is a bigger Kyo fan than my other friend (she has Kyo pics on her wall, and was the person who got me into FB) heard from my manga friend what I'd said about Kyo, and she told my Manga friend to tell me that Ayame and Ritsu are stupid and pathetic. >_< (She was joking...I think. O_o)

Well, this didn't make me too happy. So I told my Manga friend (who is like, the messanger) that I think that Kyo should be locked up forever. (Manga friend had like, another heart attack) And I am waiting for a reply from my Kyo friend.

I'm scared. I think she might just hate me. XDDDDDDD

-;157;

Purplemoon
12th May 2006, 10:56 PM
XDD
Well that's no good if they hate you. But that's still a funny story.

FB obsessions: I dunno.
But Yuki, Kyo and Akito look REALLY cute when they were little kids....
Too bad Akito is crazy and insane (in a bad evil kind of way).
He or she..... is adorable.

Mysteria Pearl
13th May 2006, 10:51 PM
We've already gone over *rolls eyes* that Akito's female so there's no use wasting the spoiler tag on it.

I just drew this really kawaii pic of Kyo hanging from his tail (it's stuck) from a tree looking really angry yet also very chibi! It's adorible, really. I would put it on... but... I don't have a scanner... well... rather I did have one... but it's currently smashed to pieces...

eheheh....

~MP~

The Red Butterfly
14th May 2006, 4:24 PM
soory for your scanner thing ;; anyway I'm too scared to draw Kyo (I don't want to mess up his pretty face ;;) but i did draw a great pic of hana, Haru &Kisa^^ and i don't have a scanner in general!!!

Minami Itsuki
14th May 2006, 6:05 PM
How long has it been since I posted here? D:

Well, I drew....Hatsuharu for a school project. O__o;;

And I also drew Akito and Shigure. xDD

I should...buy a scanner. D:

The Red Butterfly
14th May 2006, 6:56 PM
ROOOOOOOY ^______________^ *glomps* it
's beena while since you posted >: lol, anyway you drew Haru for a school project? I wish i could.....that would be fun homework!

Mysteria Pearl
15th May 2006, 12:17 AM
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!!!!! sup? haha, I REALLY need a new scanner!!!! GBuess what? I got my Fruits Basket fanfic up to 80,000 words, and it's not even a quarter of the way finished! XD

Minami Itsuki
15th May 2006, 5:31 AM
8D I WAS MISSED!!!

Bah, been really busy with life. XDD

Ohh....a Furuba fanfic. <3 Loooove to read it. XDD

What's it about? Like..is it KyoXTohru? XDD

The Red Butterfly
15th May 2006, 10:56 PM
OF COURSE YOU WERE MISSED!!!!!WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ^______^ anyways Congrats mysteria *throws confetti and hands out life size Kyo plushes to celebrate*

Purplemoon
16th May 2006, 6:51 AM
Oh yeah....

Fanfics. Yays. Me likes fanfics....
Like Roy Mustang said, what is the pairing? Kyo x Tohru?

Anyways, after thought (some long while ago...), I suppose Yuki x Machi is not a bad pairing. Pretty good I guess.
I have a tendancy (sp?) to go withy the flow.

Mysteria Pearl
18th May 2006, 1:32 AM
"KYO PLUSHIES!!!" *Grabs a bunch* My fic's got
KyoxTohru
HiroxKisa
ShigureXAkito
KurenoxArisa
HanajimaxRitsu (Hahaha! I put that pairing in jsut for kicks!!!)
YukixKagura (haha, another strange ship)
HatorixMayuko
AyamexMine
Harux Oc (my oc is Yuki's... TWIN SISTER!!! Ruki Sohma!!!!!!!)
MomijixOC (Akito's... YOUNGER SIS!!! Otika Sohma)

When I started writing the fic, I had no clue Machi exists. There are quite a few reasons there are such strange shippings!!!

Minami Itsuki
18th May 2006, 4:20 AM
OMFG

Yuki X Kagura. XDD *remembers Volume 1*

Hanajima and Ritsu made me laugh. XDD

I can just imagine....them two....on a date....probably not talking to each other. XDD Then Hana-chan scares Ritsu and he faints. XDD

Mysteria Pearl
19th May 2006, 12:54 AM
actually, their ship is really cute XD it's like hana's the calm one and Ritsu's the crazy one. Their differences in reactions make them the center of laughs in quite a few scenes :D

The Red Butterfly
19th May 2006, 3:08 AM
lol, I would love to see those two together, it would be different and I could totally see Ritzu freaking out over something like breaking the tea kettle and Hana jusy sitting back drinking tea likenothing happened XD

Staryu
19th May 2006, 3:12 AM
I've started Fruits Basket a while ago - - I'm on Haru's book (8)..towards the middle, and Ritsu has been introduced..wow was that a shock xD

Mysteria Pearl
20th May 2006, 12:55 AM
yes, very much a shock indeed.

Anyway, I was thinking about this:
Do you think KAtsuya and Kyoko more closely resemble Kyo and Tohru or ARISA UOTONI and Kureno?

No, I have a few opionions on this very subject, but overall, I think it resembles both very well. I still cry EVERY time I read about Katsuya and Kyoko.

(What the heck am I talking about? I cry like the whole book through. Ask Irena Mystica. Me and her read 'em together sometimes and I blabber like a... a... ah! Tohru! I blabber and cry like Tohru! [And sometimes Kyo!])

The Red Butterfly
20th May 2006, 4:56 AM
lol, I've only read one thing about them, does more come up????? I almost cry during the sad story's meaning how all the characters think or what they're going through.

Staryu
20th May 2006, 5:11 AM
The whole Kyo's true form part was pretty sad. When I wach the episode, it'll be very sad -- boys have feelings too, you know xD

Mysteria Pearl
20th May 2006, 6:58 AM
yeah, plus I don't think anybody who didn't know him really even considered Kyo to be human.

It's like this:
A kid hates, let's say leeks. Or, so he says. His mother tries to convince him to try them but he refuses, saying "Their gross," or "They're smelly!!!"
But once he finally tries leeks, he likes them and understands why they're good.

I'm pretty sure that's called an analogy... by the way, I mean the leeks thing figuritively (woah, spelling mistake, big time)

Staryu
20th May 2006, 5:38 PM
I get the analogy, but what does that have to do with him being a human xD

Mysteria Pearl
20th May 2006, 7:24 PM
They all consider him a monster and want nothing to do with him, even though Tohru can clearly see that Kyo indeed is as human as everybody else because she got to know him

Staryu
20th May 2006, 8:00 PM
Everyone seems to treat him like a human to me..>>

Except Yuki xD

Mysteria Pearl
20th May 2006, 8:16 PM
Lemme see: Yuki, His mother killed herself, his father disowned him, Akito is in constant hate towards him, they are going to lock him up afer he graduates, Shigure seems at times to have no pity, Kagura thinks of him as an escape, Shishou took him in only out of guilt (at first) hiro is constantly yanking him in and out of insanity, and the rest of the family really only thinks of him as a thing.

Yeah *sarcasticly* the All think of him as human. Not.

Yuki and Akito more than anyone seem to belittle him.

But Tohru... she sincerely loves him :D

That's my moment of knowledge for the hour. yay!

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
20th May 2006, 8:41 PM
Have you finished all the books? Because some of this info I'm not aware of..either that, or I haven't picked up on it.

Mysteria Pearl
21st May 2006, 3:44 AM
I've finished all the ones that are out in Japan and the other countries, like America. So I've read all the english and the newest of the Japanese.

The Red Butterfly
21st May 2006, 4:19 PM
I know poor,poor Kyo ;_________________________; I'm so glad Tohru can see through everything else and loves him anyway^^

Mysteria Pearl
21st May 2006, 4:29 PM
Yes, that is very good! :D but back to my question:

Do you think KAtsuya and Kyoko more closely resemble Kyo and Tohru or ARISA UOTONI and Kureno?

I have some new thoughts on it. Kyoko x Katsuya is just like the opposite of Kyo and TOhru

Kyoko and Kyo are the kind of loud ones, who sometimes had trouble showing their feelings

and Tohru and Katsuya were the ones in the pairs that were understanding and they love their loves unconditionally

The Red Butterfly
21st May 2006, 4:31 PM
I don't know much about Katsuya x Kyoko, was there anything in the books about them togther becuase i'd love to hear about those too^^

Mysteria Pearl
21st May 2006, 4:32 PM
In the english books? so far, not very much

The Red Butterfly
21st May 2006, 4:34 PM
yeah i figured because thats what i have XD Do yu know how thet met and stuff?

Staryu
21st May 2006, 4:55 PM
I haven't heard anything about them, just Kyoko, of course. If I could read Japanese, I probably would have the Japanese ones. xD

Oh yeah, and I claimed Momiji in the Bishi Thread =D

Mysteria Pearl
21st May 2006, 5:49 PM
Good for you.

WE all know the story. Kyoko falls for her teacher, they get married, have Tohru, he's at work, he's sick, he's forced to stay at work, he dies, Kyoko mourns, Kyoko is killed by a vehicle because Kyo couldn't pull her out of the way, and as a chain reaction, Kyo goes off in training, they meet Tohru, etc. So really, if Kyoko hadn't met Katsuya, none of this ever would have happened.

Staryu
21st May 2006, 6:16 PM
Do you not like me or something? Or is this how you just act towards people?

Mysteria Pearl
22nd May 2006, 1:02 AM
What? Why wouldn't I like you :D?

I must've been in a crabby mood this morning or something *turnes into frankenstien*
I just heard this really freaky tidbit of info about Ritsu and Kagura. You think I ship strangely, this fic my friend wrote is off the charts!

Staryu
22nd May 2006, 1:32 AM
Maybe I took what you said the wrong way..^^;;

When you said "good for you"..it seemed very b****y and sarcastic. Also, you said "and WE all know the story" as if I was an incompetent fool.

Maybe I was wrong, though =D

I have some screencaps from the episode I just watched, I'll post them in the fan-clup thread.

Mysteria Pearl
22nd May 2006, 1:35 AM
I forgot to put a "!" after my "good for you" *sweatdrop* and I hurt my hand, I guess you iddn't hear, and I am having some problems releasong the shift key with my finger

Staryu
22nd May 2006, 1:38 AM
Lmao..I think I'm having the same problem..you hafta press it really hard on this keyboard =|

Mysteria Pearl
22nd May 2006, 3:17 AM
haha, I spilled water and something like clay on my keyboard, plus, I think I got something else in there too, the spacebar hardly works.

enough of my problems (that soundeed odd)

In the entire manga, what is your alltime favourite line?

me? When Kyo says,

"I love you. I love you... just the way you are... I love you so much!"

It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and makes me want somebody to love me that way XD

Staryu
22nd May 2006, 4:39 AM
I know it's a really stupid line..but it's always made me laugh:

WHAT THE HELL??? Go home!!

*hides in embarassment, laughing*

Heh..and how do you SPILL clay on the keyboard? xD

Typhlogirl
22nd May 2006, 8:26 AM
Guys, please try not to use the thread as a discussion for anything other than Furuba. Not trying to be *****y, but take it to PM. :/

Anyway; In the entire manga, what is your alltime favourite line?

Dunno. Most likely something Ayame said. :O

-;157;

Staryu
22nd May 2006, 11:04 PM
Ayame..so many good quotes xP

I like the whole story about why he has long hair. Heh.

Mysteria Pearl
23rd May 2006, 2:27 AM
yes, Ayame is very comical. And I have no clue as to how I spilled clay on my keyboard. Just another ditzy, dopey moment from MP.

I love the relationship between Kagura and Kyo, both when they were mere children and now as... almost adults... they aren't very mature when they're around each other though...

Staryu
23rd May 2006, 4:35 AM
The chocolate part on Valentines Day was hilarious...when he didn't want her chocolate..and then ate it in like 1 bite and she was like "YIPEE!!! KYO'S EATING MY CHOCOLATE!!"

xD

Mysteria Pearl
23rd May 2006, 5:53 AM
yes, that was very cute, I agree.

another of my fac lines is:

From Kyo towards Tohru

I want to be near you... ... until the time when I must go away. I want to be with you until the end.

Staryu
25th May 2006, 1:44 AM
I have a question - - about Uo & Hana..are their first names Uotani & Hanajima, or Arisa & Saki? I've heard people call them both, and I don't live in Japan, obviously, so I don't exactly know how it's meant to be >>..in the begining of each book, they introduce them as Arisa Uotani & Saki Hanajima, And everyone else is in the Kisa Sohma (first, last) form...so I was wondering..

Mysteria Pearl
25th May 2006, 2:24 AM
Arisa and Saki are their first names

Minami Itsuki
25th May 2006, 2:53 AM
Arisa Uotani....Saki Hanajima...

I live~

Favorite All time line:

"And what would you do....? If a girl told you she loves you..."

That was like...gnarly. XDD

Staryu
25th May 2006, 4:29 AM
Uggh. I've been calling them the wrong names for 8 books ><

Eee! Got Ayame's book today - - there's a store near me that only sells Manga stuff..it's so cool.

Xiang
25th May 2006, 5:05 AM
Sorry I haven't been active at all! You didn't forget about me, did you? Heh, my birthday was on the 17th, I need to do some catching up anyway...

My favorite quote? There are so many... but one of them will have to be when Shigure and Hatori are talking on the phone, and Shigure asks Hatori to come over to look at Tohru's cut (this is the Ritsu incident) and Hatori agrees.

Shigure: Oh my, I didn't expect to you come over so willingly. Could it be that you are secretly in love with Tohru?
Hatori: *dot... dot... dot...*
Shigure: *all cute and happy* OMG I am right aren't I?
Hatori: I was stunned by your stupidity. -_-

Mysteria Pearl
25th May 2006, 4:15 PM
woah... gnarly... luv that word and that line!

I love that line! Hatori is so cool!

tecnically, you're not calling them the wrong names, becaus Uo and Hana are their nicknames given to them by their friends (basically Tohru)

So don't feel all too embarassed.

The Red Butterfly
25th May 2006, 10:11 PM
THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!!! >: PICK MY FAVORITE LINE?? ARE YOU CRAZY???? lol, just kidding, but this was torture, I took me a bit to think about it (hence my late response XD)

I'd have to go with:

Mayu thinking this:I wonder if maybe, this time I can find love without lonlness (Hatori enters bookstore)

I LOVED THAT LINE!!! just the way she was looking at him and the way he walked on in and that line was perfectly placed into it^____________^

Xiang
25th May 2006, 10:14 PM
Never mind my quote, it's probably inaccurate anyway- it's not easy quoting from a text not in your hands. Is it just me or everybody miss my post? o_o
It seems like sometimes when characters say something something happens to contradict them...

Staryu
26th May 2006, 12:40 AM
Hi Kisa, I'm Ryan =)

The 9th book is starting out nicely =)

Mysteria Pearl
26th May 2006, 4:03 AM
very true, very true, and Ryan, that was totally off subject. 0_o I do enjoy the 9th book, though. But the 11th is still one of my favourite

the Mayuko and Hatori shipping is so kawaii! They're just made for each other! (forget Kana, Hatori!)

Staryu
26th May 2006, 8:57 PM
Erm..I'm sorry >>..I read the quote, but I hadn't seen it in a book yet (unless I missed it), so I didn't really know how to answer it.

I like the Yuki x Tohru shipping, but I'm not sure of the name..even though everyone likes Kyo x Tohru..

Purplemoon
26th May 2006, 10:52 PM
OH NO
I haven't posted here in awhile (bad me XP)

Back to on topic land, I have no idea what my favourite quote is. I'm bad at figuring out what my fav is in those kind of questions.

At the end of april, when me and two friends went to an expo thingy, one of my friends bought the fruits basket card game and we were playing it at school. It's really good. Since the anime doesn't have the horse or rooster, the cards that were them said 'the horse' and 'the bird'.
Then i complained a bit, but the game's fun. Anyone else played it?

Staryu
27th May 2006, 12:12 AM
Actually I was looking on froogle & ebay, and it's 7.50 + shipping - - kinda a lot..is it just a regular deck of cards? Or is it Rich Man Poor Man?

Purplemoon
28th May 2006, 11:15 AM
Well, it can be used as a regular deck of cards but it is pretty much used for the card game called... uhhh.... friends of the zodiac or something which is very fun.
The rule book includes the rules for rich man poor man, the game which name escapes me right now, and two alternate versions.

Staryu
28th May 2006, 4:59 PM
Cool. I'll probably buy it if they have it at the manga store I go to..or if worst comes to worst, I'll buy it online. How much did you pay for it?

Megchan
29th May 2006, 2:37 AM
From chapter 125, Kakeru - *to the Madudachi Trio* What kind of food are you guys eating to get so cool?

Purplemoon
29th May 2006, 6:09 AM
Well, it wasn't my game, my friend bought it. It was like, 30 New Zealand dollars (I live in NZ).

Staryu
29th May 2006, 4:41 PM
So thats about 19 USD. Kinda expensive! But if it's a lot of fun..xD *weighs out the pros and cons*

Mysteria Pearl
30th May 2006, 7:37 AM
I've bought both the card decks. yay!

hate to say it AGAIN but: Yuki x Tohru doesn't happen. get over it. He thinks of her as a mother or a sister. Nothing more, nothing less. yay!

"Let's Stay Together, Always" - Kyo Tohru shipping yayness

Minami Itsuki
30th May 2006, 5:04 PM
I have been gone for a long time again~

Busy. D:

<3 The quote Megchan ;D I should start...using that term nowadays too. XDD

Another fave quote~

"MOGETTAAAA!!!!"

j/k XDD

"He's like a ripple in the water--"

I forgot the quote. D: Someone complete it for me. XDD

Mysteria Pearl
30th May 2006, 8:36 PM
It ends like "no one can ever catch him" or something and then he's all:
catch me if you can" or something.

HI ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY! *ragains as much sanity as I originally had... that's not alot mind you*

*twitch* need... *twitch* to buy... *twitch* more merchandise *twitch*

Xiang
30th May 2006, 11:19 PM
Just because it doesn't happen doesn't mean people should support it. Sorry if I took anything you said the wrong way ^_^

TohruxYuki is still a lovely couple, though I don't support it (and I hate Yuki, no offense to anyone)

Pikastar7
31st May 2006, 1:23 AM
The quote I like comes from volume 13. Can't rememember it word for word.

Kakeru- Don't you think the fact were's discussing colors is just stupid?!
Yuki- *crosses out black for Kakeru, changes it to muddy snow*
Kakeru- NOOOOO! That's right! I was the one who brought it up!
Chibisuke Thinking-"Our whiteboard! Our brand-new whiteboard is being covered in moronic words!"

Staryu
31st May 2006, 1:28 AM
I know it hasn't hapened on what I've read yet, but I know it goes TohruxKyo ><....I like Yuki much better..

Mysteria Pearl
31st May 2006, 4:26 AM
Just because it doesn't happen doesn't mean people should support it. Sorry if I took anything you said the wrong way ^_^

TohruxYuki is still a lovely couple, though I don't support it (and I hate Yuki, no offense to anyone)

ditto here. But I just don't like his attitude. Actng so very high and mighty. (maybe that's because I'm like an un-popular and hate brats)

I don't think of it as a lovely couple... because that is... so wrong. He thinks of her as a MOTHER or SISTER for the last time, and it would be gross if they ended up together. just my perspective, don't tie me to a stake and burn me.

I mean, I love Yuki. He can be sweet, and he's SO very handsome. *drool* and that picture with him in leather pants... ignore what I just said, please. XD He's very hott, but he's with Machi. Short and simple and sweet.

very sweet, Machi and yuki are a very kawaii couple.

Yuki's pink! that was very random

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Minami Itsuki
31st May 2006, 6:12 AM
Ookay...Yuki's pink. XDD

I still don't know what Machi looks like. =/

Can someone post up her picture or something? XDD

Umi Mizuno
31st May 2006, 6:28 AM
http://mud.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/1245190941http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/Machiwiki%21UWAAHsuucute%212%21.jpg
^ That's what Machi looks like ^

I could scan the Fruits Basket manga I have of her throwing that paper rose at Yuki's face. But my scanner is like slooow. xD

Minami Itsuki
31st May 2006, 6:44 AM
Ohhh....thanks a lot Umi-chan. =D

Already greeted you on the HB thread....but Happy Birthday again~

Oo Machi looks perfect for Yuki....they look so similar. X3 How cuuute~<3

Umi Mizuno
31st May 2006, 6:50 AM
Yes, I saw. xD Thank you very much. x3

Machi does act a little abusive around him, though in a friendly way.
She has mental promblems, like I think minor ones. Like the ways your friends pat you on the back.
She gets blush marks on her face and throws a rose that she made into Yuki's face. :D

Minami Itsuki
31st May 2006, 6:53 AM
Now that you mention it...looking at Machi's face...I can see she looks rather...sad and collected. =/

And how cuuuute. X3 I think shy girls are cute. X3

XDD I'm loving this couple already~

What Volume does she appear in? Oo

The Red Butterfly
31st May 2006, 3:22 PM
You changed your name again OO thats cool^^ she makes a cameo in volume ...............*runs off and checks* book 7 at the very end with Nabe^^ and then officially...i beileve book 9 (not sure because i don't own it) but she does continue to appear once in book 12 and a lot in book 13 (though she barely says anything) and I agree, I love that couple^^

Mysteria Pearl
31st May 2006, 5:59 PM
yepper depper! Machi is sure cool

Yay! That means I'm cute! *crickets chirp all around* *I run after crickets with a sledgehammar*

XD Thay do look kind of alike! 0_o creepy...

Yet so very adorible!

Umi Mizuno
31st May 2006, 10:07 PM
To me, Machi looks like Rin, Tohru, and Yuki. xD

Mysteria Pearl
31st May 2006, 10:21 PM
Rin, I think, not so much. Rin has black straight, long hair (ha, until l8er) and is taller and has a... different figure. Her bangs are also basically square-cut and such. She kind of looks like a mix of Tohru, Kyoko and Arisa

The Red Butterfly
1st June 2006, 7:20 PM
Machi looks a little plain in my opinion but I still love the idea of her and Yuki together, I thought it was cute how Yuki gave her...a leaf...it's still a nice gesture and she didn't seem to mind^________^

Mysteria Pearl
1st June 2006, 10:27 PM
yes, they are indeed a very kawaii couple, I think at least! he leafy (*coughflirtationcough*) was really cute XD They're like made for each other!

~ Mysteria PEArl ~

Xiang
1st June 2006, 11:49 PM
Urgh, I hated both of them so I don't really care if they end up with each other or not xP

I wanna see Ritsu again and more Kisa and Hiro. T_T

Staryu
2nd June 2006, 12:57 AM
Hiro x Kisa is probably one of my favorite FB couples =)..they're so cute! "I like parks.."

I'm also a sheep, like Hiro. What zodiac animal are you?

brainwhiz21
2nd June 2006, 1:01 AM
im a rooster and personally i LUURVE hiro and kisa i cant wait till there older

Staryu
2nd June 2006, 1:03 AM
I can. I'm worried their cuteness will fade away..like Momiji's =(

brainwhiz21
2nd June 2006, 1:08 AM
what do you mean? he's still cute as ever. and would Natsuki Takaya really do that to us?

Staryu
2nd June 2006, 1:11 AM
In the club thread there was a screenshot of older momiji. NOT CUTE xD His face got really long. It was in one of the books not released in USA yet.

Xiang
2nd June 2006, 3:27 AM
I like KisaxHiro lemons :p

But Momiji-kun was sooo handsome in that picture. T_T
Kisa will always be cute ^_^

Megchan
2nd June 2006, 4:18 AM
I can. I'm worried their cuteness will fade away..like Momiji's =(
Momiji is still cute! >:O

Mysteria Pearl
2nd June 2006, 4:41 AM
oh, contraire! Momiji is as adorible as ever when he grows up! *melts* He's so cute XD !!!! [Wow, so many posts, so little time]

~ Mysteria PEarl ~

Minami Itsuki
2nd June 2006, 5:49 AM
Uhhh...

Kagura is cute. 8D Like a lot~

*Forever a Kagura fan~*

Aaand yeah. Wasn't it...Book 4 when they show older Momiji? XD

Umi Mizuno
2nd June 2006, 6:06 AM
Aaand yeah. Wasn't it...Book 4 when they show older Momiji? XD
Yes when Haru let those two "sticks"( I call them that) run their imaginations wild with what the future Momiji would look like. :D Right ther, Momiji melted from cuteness into hotness. A gain and a loss for some. :(

Minami Itsuki
2nd June 2006, 6:15 AM
A loss...indeed. D: However Momiji changed from cute to handsome...Adult Momiji looks...pwn Yuki's. 8D

Anyways....we all have preferences. XD

I'm hot AND cute. 8D /egotrip

Mysteria Pearl
2nd June 2006, 6:19 AM
XD Nice Vy-guy! I still am persisting that Momiji's cute AND adorible AND hot

Purplemoon
2nd June 2006, 7:01 AM
Momiji doesn't suit the boys uniform but at the time he does (am I making sense?).
It's just I'm not used to seeing it, but it does make him look VERY handsome. Maybe there would be a Momiji fanclub if he started wearing the boys uniform? Also in book 4, Yuki in the girls uniform. Yay for the funny-ness of Fruits Basket characters crossdressing....

Mysteria Pearl
2nd June 2006, 6:25 PM
I would give anything (well, almost) to make Yuki walk around like that all day and see how many guys fall for him and how many girls are wierded out XD eew...

but later, Momiji looks so very handsome! In my books, that still counts as adorible!

~ Mysteria ~

Staryu
2nd June 2006, 8:49 PM
He looked fine here:

http://www.fantasykat.com/ch/Images/mok/momiji5.jpg
And that is NOT what the scan of older him looked ><

But..he will never be the same =(
http://kisa.kun.free.fr/momiji/004.jpg

Mysteria Pearl
2nd June 2006, 8:55 PM
yes, but he's still adoribe XD !!!! I think he's still the same old Momiji, just older and hotter!

~ Msyteria Pearl ~

Xiang
3rd June 2006, 1:57 AM
I like his cute side much better ^_^ but the older Momiji is good-looking too ^_^

L100Meganium
3rd June 2006, 8:39 PM
OMG I love this manga. I have all the ones so far and I've read scanlations for a lot of future ones. I thought it was stupid at first, but by Vol. 3 I was hooked. I especially like Vol. 6 and 11 ^ ^ I'm a Kyo fan ^__^

Mysteria Pearl
4th June 2006, 1:34 AM
YES! ANOTHER KYO-FAN! *parties* I'm a Kyo fan too! *boogie* Have you read the newest ones yet?

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Xiang
5th June 2006, 2:13 AM
Noticed how similar Kyo's dub voice and Sasuke (from Naruto :p) dub voice sound really similar? o_o Possibly they are the same...

But I'm too lazy to check -o-

Megchan
5th June 2006, 4:44 AM
Noticed how similar Kyo's dub voice and Sasuke (from Naruto :p) dub voice sound really similar? o_o Possibly they are the same...

But I'm too lazy to check -o-
They aren't. Kyo is voiced by Jerry Jewell and Sasuke is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal. And I really don't hear any resemblence(sp?)

Mysteria Pearl
5th June 2006, 6:06 AM
they aren't the same. Kyo is done by Jerry Jewell (I'm a huge fan!) Maybe you were thinking of Jimmy Kudo from Case Closed? Jerry Jewell does Jimmy and Kyo

yeah, I don't her any resemblance either.

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Xiang
5th June 2006, 12:37 PM
That's strange, maybe my hearing's screwed up then x.X

The Red Butterfly
5th June 2006, 4:37 PM
I havent posted in a while ;; and yaaaaaay for 90 pages of Fruit Basketness^^ alright never heard the dub voice for Kyo but since I know Jerry Jewell's voice in Case Closed I know I'd be a huge fan^________^!! There's another Kyo fan??? Aweome, Kyo rocks!!

PikaMew
5th June 2006, 6:22 PM
Ooh! I'm a Hatsuharu and Momiji fan! I like Kyo too, but those two are so awesome!

The Red Butterfly
5th June 2006, 7:01 PM
Yes Momiji is sooo cute <3 and has not one mean bone in his body (I just sounded like my mom XD)

Eternity Absol
5th June 2006, 7:12 PM
Wow, I haven't posted here in forever... Anyways, when will they release the next book of Furuba?

The Red Butterfly
5th June 2006, 7:15 PM
HEY ETERNITY ABSOL ^_______________^ nice to hear from you! Well in the us, I beileve it's coing out in August

Eternity Absol
5th June 2006, 7:28 PM
Hey. ^_^ Okay, good. I can't wait! ;o

Mysteria Pearl
5th June 2006, 10:38 PM
Neither can I. But I'm broke. ug. I need to earn more money just to buy mangas! XD My mom says that saying too! XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

foxypokefan
5th June 2006, 10:58 PM
talking about fruba... whats your favorite character?

Staryu
5th June 2006, 11:18 PM
Momiji is my favorite, which probably some people in here already know, as he's my Bishi.

There's not many characters that I don't like, but I absolutely HATE Akito, and Hatori & Kyo aren't my favorites, either.

Mysteria Pearl
6th June 2006, 2:16 AM
KYO IS MY FAV! Along with Hatori, Momiji, Haru, Ritsu, Kureno, oh I could go on and on for days!

yay!

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
6th June 2006, 2:29 AM
Weee..I just finished the 9th book..I'm going to buy the 10th tomorrow =D

Rin is towards the end of book 9. I like her =)

Mysteria Pearl
6th June 2006, 5:41 AM
she's kinda cool, love her clothes. wonder where she shops. 0_o Haru probably picks them out XD

Anyhoo, congrats on soon getting the 10th book. *throws streamers and balloons*

the new chappie of Furuba came out today

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

The Red Butterfly
6th June 2006, 3:01 PM
So wait which came out today???? I also love Rin's clothes^^ and the 10th book is really a good one. You'll like it a lot!

Mysteria Pearl
6th June 2006, 9:13 PM
yeah, it was really good. But I liked the... hmmn... eleven and twelve were good.

BTW: don't get fooled about Yuki's feelings.

I also liked fourteen. Can't wait to be able to buy it in English, though.

Rin's shoes are so cool! GRR! I want them! *snatches*

~ the very odd, Mysteria Pearl ~

Eternity Absol
6th June 2006, 9:14 PM
Uhm, Kagura or Shigure are my favorite. They both make me laugh! xP

Mysteria Pearl
6th June 2006, 9:34 PM
Yes! They are very humourous! I like when Kagura sends people through the roof XD and Shigure... he's just cool. :)

In the humour department, though, I think Ritsu's the winner!

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
6th June 2006, 9:43 PM
I think Momiji's the funniest. *pokes new sig*

Hehe..last night I read the 'scary story' mini part at the end of book 9, and when Tohru didn't wanna listen he's like "OH..I KNOW! I'll plug your ears for you!" Hehe!

Xiang
6th June 2006, 10:01 PM
Kisa, Hiro, Kyo, and Momiji are my favorites.

Yuki, Ayame, and Rin are absolutely the opposite.

Eternity Absol
6th June 2006, 10:09 PM
Ritsu really is funny, now that I think about it! ^_^ He's always screaming and saying sorry. xD
Woah... What book did Momiji scream "Stop, O Mighty Wind"? xD

Staryu
6th June 2006, 10:12 PM
Book nine =0

Eternity Absol
7th June 2006, 12:12 AM
That's the next one that I need to get. ;D

Mysteria Pearl
7th June 2006, 1:11 AM
That was a funny part! XD Momiji's so cute! (and handsome *swoon*) anyhoo... did anybody else read the new Furuba chappie?

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
7th June 2006, 1:20 AM
I'm kinda confused on when people say "the new chapter has been released!!" do you like..download it online or something..? Is it a mini-series or something?

Mysteria Pearl
7th June 2006, 1:21 AM
haha, no. The books are released in Japan by chapters and then made into books. Understand?

I suppose you could download them online... that would take awhile just to find, but I just read them

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
7th June 2006, 1:23 AM
I wouldn't want to download them offline..it would spoil everything! Plus..they're in Japanese xD

Xiang
7th June 2006, 2:16 AM
The goodness should be in a book ;)

How many volumes are there going to be in total?

Mysteria Pearl
7th June 2006, 4:09 AM
you... can't read any Japanese?

Around 22 so far

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
7th June 2006, 9:54 PM
you... can't read any Japanese?

Around 22 so far

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Nope. None ><...so I don't even know what the sound symbols mean ;-;..WHY DID THEY TAKE OUT THE REFRENCE CHART?!!

I think there are going to be 24 volumes in total.

Mysteria Pearl
7th June 2006, 10:03 PM
yep, about 24. ABOUT.

ouch. Yeah... I guess alot of people need the reference part...

Staryu
8th June 2006, 12:06 AM
Yeah..=S.

I didn't get the 10th book yet 'cause my mom's being a ....mean person.

Mysteria Pearl
8th June 2006, 2:00 AM
I remember when I got the 10th book... I went crazy. Litterally. Like, I was hyped up on sugar, got no sleep the night before and went to the bookstore before it opened just to make sure I got a copy XD it was great

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
8th June 2006, 2:10 AM
Haha..when are you NOT hyped up on sugar =P

Were there others waiting..or just you? xD

SecksiToast
8th June 2006, 2:11 AM
Yay! A Fruits Basket Thread! I love Fruits basket! Momiji is one of my favourite characters. x3 I also watched all of the episodes in Japanese, but it's translated. =)

Mysteria Pearl
8th June 2006, 2:12 AM
hmmn... well... I guess I'm always hyped up on sugar!!!!

Irena Mystica was waiting XD (At least I think it was for that book) and nobody else

~ Mysteria Pearl !!!! ~

EDIT: have you read any of the mangas?

Staryu
8th June 2006, 3:22 AM
You should read the books, too! The animé doesn't really follow that well with the manga, but it's still good =)

Eternity Absol
8th June 2006, 5:08 AM
At the last episode of Furuba, it was about Akito and all that crap. But in the 8th book it didn't have that. I thought the anime only went up that far?

Mysteria Pearl
8th June 2006, 6:31 AM
It goes up to the sixth book.

I say that both manga and anime have their own good qualities.

Manga- all around more... real. Not the stuff they made up to mke it shorter and fit into only a couple dozen episodes.

Anime- for voice and movement.

I like them both

Purplemoon
8th June 2006, 11:44 AM
I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING!

At armageddon there was this guy who voiced someone from some anime and i think he did the voice dub of Ritsu. Yeah. There was this paper and it said "Ristsu' from Fruits Basket'

So yeah...
I can sortof-ish read japanese. I'm dreadful though.
I think my favourite character might be Rin now. But I dunno...

The Red Butterfly
8th June 2006, 3:38 PM
Someone from armagedon??? Thats awesome^______^ and ok in another forum they're asking if they're making a second season or not and I remember you guys were talking about that so if they arent do you guys remember the reason??

Eternity Absol
8th June 2006, 5:29 PM
What's Armageddon? o_o;

Umi Mizuno
8th June 2006, 5:50 PM
What's Armageddon? o_o;
I think it's that movie from 1998. Just use Yahoo to find it.

Eternity Absol
8th June 2006, 7:49 PM
Alright. ;o

Mysteria Pearl
8th June 2006, 8:28 PM
*twitch* the reason they're not making another series is because they would have to squeeze well over 10 books in. Plus, once again, they'd somehow find a way to screw up the shippings.

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Eternity Absol
8th June 2006, 8:40 PM
Oh, the shippings! xP Does Motoko get really depressed when Yuki doesn't like her? What does her little group do? xD

Mysteria Pearl
8th June 2006, 8:43 PM
eh, they're pretty regular, insane people. Just mainly what I'm talking about is all the YukixTohru-ness. It's way off the charts and totally irrelivent to the manga

As for the fanclub, eh, some parts are the same, some parts are more annoying, ect.

Eternity Absol
8th June 2006, 8:44 PM
Yeah, but at least the anime isn't completely different ALL the time. :/

Mysteria Pearl
8th June 2006, 8:46 PM
true, I suppose *cough* but alot, and I mean ALOT was way different

Eternity Absol
8th June 2006, 9:27 PM
Yeah... :/ Why can't they just make it the same?! They always change stuff, even in other movies/shows.

Xiang
8th June 2006, 9:56 PM
If it was the same it would be boring for me. I want unique stuff, not manga put in color and movement.

Mysteria Pearl
8th June 2006, 10:19 PM
I just get annoyed by how the director put SO much Yukiru in it. I also seem to remeber some interviews with the voice actors saying that they thought Yuki and Tohru would end up together and they like Yuki better. that bugged me.

but you have to admit, they did go a little overboard on some things and a little underboard on other things

~ MP ~

Staryu
9th June 2006, 12:49 AM
I haven't watched the last ones yet, but I hear that they really butchered the ending, so It'd be hard for them to make another season.

I got book 10 today =D

Mysteria Pearl
9th June 2006, 6:15 AM
congrats on the book!

They added alot with Akito at the end, it would be pretty hard to bring it back to normality.

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Minami Itsuki
9th June 2006, 6:29 AM
*revives*

I LIVE! 8D

Akito is soooo awesome~She makes me cry. D:

Kagura is cuter though. <3

Typhlogirl
9th June 2006, 7:11 AM
The Anime was good apart from the ending. The last three episodes completely ruined it for me. Even with my box set, I never watch them. ^_^ Because they disgust me.

To sum up:

Anime = good

Anime ending = le crap.

:)

I just get annoyed by how the director put SO much Yukiru in it. I also seem to remeber some interviews with the voice actors saying that they thought Yuki and Tohru would end up together and they like Yuki better. that bugged me.

*snickers*

-;157;

The Red Butterfly
9th June 2006, 3:03 PM
WELCOME BACK Vy Low YOU DO LIVE^________________^ ;;

anyway thank you for answering MP now I can go tell the other forum^^ anyway and yes congrats on the book Staryu^^ as for the ending wasn't it the 6th book Kyo and tohru thing?

Eternity Absol
9th June 2006, 7:04 PM
;_; Every time I go to all the bookstore, they never have the next Furuba that I want.

Mysteria Pearl
9th June 2006, 7:42 PM
The Anime was good apart from the ending. The last three episodes completely ruined it for me. Even with my box set, I never watch them. ^_^ Because they disgust me.

And why would that be? Because that you have Kyo or something? I thought the last three episodes were the best.

To sum up:
Anime = good
Anime ending = le crap.

to sum up your summary:

a bunch of hooey.

I LIVE! 8D

Akito is soooo awesome~She makes me cry. D:

Kagura is cuter though. <3

HI!!!!! Sup, Vy-guy?

anyway thank you for answering MP now I can go tell the other forum^^ anyway and yes congrats on the book Staryu^^ as for the ending wasn't it the 6th book Kyo and tohru thing?
yes, it was in the sixth book and yes, I'm awesome, aren't I? XD (KIDDING)

;_; Every time I go to all the bookstore, they never have the next Furuba that I want.

It ALWAYS turns out that way! Believe me, I know!

Staryu
9th June 2006, 9:23 PM
Is it just me, or is the cover of book 10..feel different than all of the other books? It's yucky feeling >>

Mysteria Pearl
9th June 2006, 9:51 PM
feels different?

*pokes*

not... really. What do you mean? Maybe somebody, like, sneezed on it or something XD

Typhlogirl
10th June 2006, 12:44 AM
And why would that be? Because that you have Kyo or something? I thought the last three episodes were the best.

If you would look past your blinding fangirlism of Kyo for one second, you would realise that I said before that I disliked those episodes because they were disjointed, rushed, and did not follow the manga in the slightest. They introduced Yuki and Shigure in roles that were completely OOC. Kyo was the only character in the damn episodes that was in character!

to sum up your summary:

a bunch of hooey.

Isn't it interesting that my opinion is the only one that you critisize, just becasue I happen to dislike your favourite character? It's people like you that make proper discussion impossible!

Forget it, I'm outta here.

-;157;

Mysteria Pearl
10th June 2006, 1:12 AM
What are you talking about? I criticize myself! I mainly love the scene with Akito and how quickly her (his in the anime, whatever) actions changed when Tohru showed caring for her. The Kyo parts, eh, I like them and all, but I'm not obsessed with him (he's Tohru's, not mine)

yeah... their characteristics were a bit off... and Yuki, for one, wasn't even originally THERE in some of those scenes.

I'm really sorry that you feel that way, but I've just had a really bad day :(

:( I'm sowwy!
~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
10th June 2006, 3:07 AM
The texture of the book..it's yucky feeling >>..No one sneezed on it, cause it was in a plastic rapper xD

Mysteria Pearl
10th June 2006, 3:41 AM
like what? rough? different kind of paper? Maybe it was like left wet or something 0_o

I don't think they used different paper or anything XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
10th June 2006, 4:41 AM
I DONT KNOW..different kinda paper, I guess..but I don't like it. Maybe it was just the one I picked, 'cause the 11th doesn't feel like that.

Mysteria Pearl
10th June 2006, 9:16 PM
wierd!

So, who's syced to get the new book in english that's actually between the covers!!!

MEEEE!
~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Eternity Absol
10th June 2006, 9:25 PM
Oh, it feels different? That's weird... o_o; Usually the Fruits Basket mangas are all shiny! @_@

Staryu
10th June 2006, 10:22 PM
*dumps glitter on it*

Perfect! xD

Hiro says the funniest things..ahh ha

Mysteria Pearl
10th June 2006, 10:48 PM
er... glitter!?

He is hillarious! And adorible! And so sweet and awkward at the same time! XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
10th June 2006, 10:56 PM
Hiro on Momiji

"I don't know weather to be offended, or feel sorry for him."
"Does he need some medication?"

xD

Purplemoon
11th June 2006, 1:23 AM
Glitter on manga? That's a bit odd.

I didn't really like the anime ending either. It was just MEH. It made me cry though when I first watched it. The main reason I didn't really like it was cause it really didn't have anything to do with the manga.

The armageddon I was talking about is this pulp culture expo that's in Wellington and Auckland in New Zealand. New Zealand's not too big, so me, two friends and my parents went. It was fun ^______^

Mysteria Pearl
11th June 2006, 1:32 AM
Hiro on Momiji
"I don't know weather to be offended, or feel sorry for him."
"Does he need some medication?"
xD

really. MEDICATION IS NEEDED WITHIN THE FAMILY!!! XD

Glitter on manga? That's a bit odd.

I didn't really like the anime ending either. It was just MEH. It made me cry though when I first watched it. The main reason I didn't really like it was cause it really didn't have anything to do with the manga.

GLITTER!!!! 0_o

yeah... totally my opinion. ditto and all

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
11th June 2006, 2:42 AM
I didn't ACTUALLY put glitter on it, xD..Absol said hers were shiny..and glitter makes things shiny (kinda..n.n)

*giggles as Hiro recieves Bunny stationary*

Eternity Absol
11th June 2006, 2:57 AM
Ohmegee, like glitter would be awesome on a manga! ;o

The Red Butterfly
11th June 2006, 4:34 PM
I'd like a glittery manga XD

I totally agree with the whole family needing medication, especially....well o they all deserve it XD but Hiro should be nice to momiji....and everyone else but still XD

Staryu
11th June 2006, 4:37 PM
But he'd be dull if he wasn't xD

Mysteria Pearl
11th June 2006, 5:45 PM
GLITTER!!! *grabs glitter and pours it over self*

Hiro is adorible (wow; pathetic. If I were a manga girl, I'd totally have a crush on him XD) no matter how snyde he is.

I think everybody (well, with the exception of others) just accepts it and figures he's just trying to show that he cares

The Red Butterfly
11th June 2006, 6:59 PM
It's cute if he does that. Natsuki said that that he saw how happy and strong his mom was and figured he had to be like that but took it too far XD either way I take a liking to him figuring I too am a sheep =D

Staryu
11th June 2006, 7:16 PM
I'm a sheep, too. I kinda see myself in him, actually, I do a lot. Don't look at face offs, or you'll see my ugly side xD

The Red Butterfly
11th June 2006, 8:10 PM
Same here, I can be vey sarcastic and at the same time caring ^0^ just like Hiro, and yes me can get angry too (and cows in here XDD)

TeamRocket_Executive2010
11th June 2006, 11:58 PM
I've never seen the ending of the Fruits Basket anime, but from what I heard from my friends, it sucks? I dunno, I guess I'll just have to watch it for myself :)

Mysteria Pearl
12th June 2006, 12:38 AM
eh... if you'd read what we wrote about it, you may not watch it at all. XD If you like accuracy, that is. Well, I'd say just watch it anyway, it's a masterpiece, but they did mess some parts up on it.

Minami Itsuki
12th June 2006, 12:38 AM
Never seen the anime. =/

But planning to. XD

Shalst I see the sub or the dub? o.o

Eternity Absol
12th June 2006, 1:38 AM
Subtitles. I HATE the American voices for... all shows. Some of the American voices are okay, but still...

Yay, I just got Furuba 9-11 today! ^_^

Mysteria Pearl
12th June 2006, 2:41 AM
Excuse me!? HOW CAN YOU HATE JERRY JEWELL's VOICE!?

*sizzle*

congrats on the books!!

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Eternity Absol
12th June 2006, 3:08 AM
xD I didn't mean ALL of the voices!
Thanks.

The Red Butterfly
12th June 2006, 5:49 PM
You have book 9 as well *cries eyes out in hysteria for sadness for me and pure happiness for you* ^0^ congrats on getting that many books!! Those are all really good!

And yes Jerry Jewell voice rocks all and fits Kyon perfectly :D

Eternity Absol
12th June 2006, 11:06 PM
Now... I MUST get the rest of the mangas!! xP

Proffesor Pikachu
12th June 2006, 11:19 PM
Meh,I read the 3rd volume in somewhere down the road.XD Hatsuharu is HILARIOUS!

Staryu
12th June 2006, 11:41 PM
Him & Yuki. Heh.heh.heh.

But, he likes Rin more -.-

Eternity Absol
13th June 2006, 12:13 AM
xD I can easily imagine him and Yuki together!

Rin's cool, even if she seems kinda mean.

Staryu
13th June 2006, 12:49 AM
Everyone's a little mean -.^

I really, really, really love her hair =D

Minami Itsuki
13th June 2006, 4:48 AM
Hatsuharu is indeed funny. XDD

I found Tohru, Kyo and Hatsuharu funny together. XDD

The Red Butterfly
13th June 2006, 2:55 PM
Rin isn't really mean mind you all XD she is just having a tough time and is trying to protect everyone from being used (a girl can only do so much) and in fact she actually she's one of the happier members of the Sohma clan but just having some bad memories.........

Yes HatsuHaru is soooooo funny as is him and Yuki together. Vy Low do you remember which scene they were toehter in?

Mysteria Pearl
13th June 2006, 4:20 PM
geeze, after one stinkin' day, there's been like a bazillion posts!? what up with that?!

*professory* "Ahhem. Rin is going through a tough stage in her life and is emotionally unstable. Wether it is bringing her to make poor choices or she is madly in love with Haru... well, there's a very fine line between those. (XD) WE can only presume she is mentally unfit (XD I"M KIDDING!!! XD)

Rin's one of my fav characters. okay, like in the top thirteen XD okay, fourteen maybe! :D but she is very cool!

I think the best mix to make funny, though is:
(It's a recipe!!! XD)
1 Tohru
1 Kyo
1 Momiji
1 Yuki
1 Hatsuharu

Mix in any area for about thirty minutes, set into bake and...
=
total chaos!!!

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

The Red Butterfly
13th June 2006, 4:56 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...my mix of funny goes something like this:

1 Yuki
1 Kyo
1 Hatsu Haru
1Tohru
1 Momiji............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................ok so baisically what MP said XDD

anyway another concotion for VERY funny (to me at least) is:

1 Shigure
1 Ayaa
1 Hatori

and perhaps Mayu :D

Staryu
13th June 2006, 6:21 PM
1 Momiji
1 Tohru
1 Hiro
1 Aaya
1 Shigure

Hehe.

Eternity Absol
13th June 2006, 6:42 PM
Kyo and Momiji is funny, too! ^_^;

Staryu
14th June 2006, 12:57 AM
Kyo and Momiji is funny, too! ^_^;

Absol,

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I can't help but noticing that most of your posts in here are spammy, and don't further the conversation. It's kinda annoying. Maybe if you could contribute to the conversation without making your posts 1 sentence, it'd be cooler. I'm not a mod or anything, but it's just my opinion, and I wanted to say something.

Xiang
14th June 2006, 2:59 AM
Just a mix of Kyo, Haru, and Yuki's good for me. Haru's cool, though he tends to get on both of their last nerves, and Kyo and Yuki could create a wildfire with the sparks that fly between them. You'll get a bomb with that.

Mysteria Pearl
14th June 2006, 6:26 AM
ooh, I just noticed! We have 50 pages!!!

there are SO many funny combanations: i.e.

Kyo
Arisa
Saki

XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

The Red Butterfly
14th June 2006, 4:42 PM
No we have 100 pages now (or at leats thats how mine is XDD) and Mystera I totally agree with your funny mixture, those three together is hilarious.

Want to kow what i noticed, (not sure if anyone else does) but on the color stripe of every book you can see everyone's faces but not Kyo's you see cats instead?

Eternity Absol
14th June 2006, 8:36 PM
Absol,

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I can't help but noticing that most of your posts in here are spammy, and don't further the conversation. It's kinda annoying. Maybe if you could contribute to the conversation without making your posts 1 sentence, it'd be cooler. I'm not a mod or anything, but it's just my opinion, and I wanted to say something.

Oh, I never really noticed my posts is bad... Sorry. ;_; I'll stop posting.

The Red Butterfly
14th June 2006, 9:28 PM
WHAT??!! Why is everyone stoping there posts!!! Eternity Absol you can still post and we'd like you too (or at leats I would) just add a bit more to your posts that's all ;; please keep posting.

Anyway, does Machi first appear, appear in volume nine, because I know shecame at the end of book 7 (or 8) and I was just wondering because in one of the volumes it showed Yuki having a flashback with her in it and since I have every other volume it makes sense.....or I'm just a very un oticing reader XDD

Xiang
14th June 2006, 9:45 PM
Oh, I never really noticed my posts is bad... Sorry. ;_; I'll stop posting.
All Mysteria said was to add more to your posts, more meat to the conversation rather than having a whole post saying that you agree with something. You could include why. :)

Staryu
14th June 2006, 10:50 PM
All Mysteria said was to add more to your posts, more meat to the conversation rather than having a whole post saying that you agree with something. You could include why. :)

It was me who said that xD

I mean, if you don't want to post, don't. If you're trying to make me feel bad for what I said, it's not working.

I'm not kicking you out, because I have no right to do that, just please contribute to the conversation.

Xiang
15th June 2006, 2:12 AM
Ahh, oops! ^_^ My really really baad.

If we put Shishou and Saki together... ooooo~
Shigure and Tohru and Kyo- their scene are really funny.

Kyo: *bonks her gently on the head* What are you smilling about?
Tohru: *smiling*
Shigure: *slides open door, startling Kyo, and sighs* Ah. Adolescence. :D

EDIT: YAAAAAAAAAAAAH! 1000 replies!