PDA

View Full Version : Fruits Basket

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

The Red Butterfly
15th June 2006, 2:59 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, man can we all takl about Fruits Basket XDD

anyway I just remembered another funny combination (yes I kow another one...)

Yuki
Nabe
Kimi

I loved the whole thirteenth volume with them in it, I thught it was hilarious

Mysteria Pearl
15th June 2006, 3:58 PM
oh my gosh, 1000! yay! yeah, they're all really very funny together!!! I love how Natsuki Takaya makes them seem SO real (shut up, Mysteria! They are real!!!)

My alter egos are having a fight. 0_o

~ Mysteria Pearl ~ *Yes! spelled it right!!!*

Minami Itsuki
16th June 2006, 6:10 AM
1000 posts~

So sorry if I don't post as much as I do anymore. ;;

Amazing how I'm still the top poster even after all this time. XDD

Woo~Go FURUBA! 8DD

Mysteria Pearl
16th June 2006, 3:09 PM
HI VY-GUY!

ooh ooh! Another random scenerio would be

Momiji
Hanajima
Ritsu

wow, I can just picture a whole scene with them all going crazy while Hana's just like "........."

XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
16th June 2006, 6:48 PM
^And add Ritsu's mom xD

I have a question..why is Rin called Isuzu, and Rin?

The Red Butterfly
16th June 2006, 8:43 PM
Isuzu is her real name but Rin is her nickname!!! Kinda like HatsuHaru is also haru or momitchi is momiji.

Staryu
16th June 2006, 11:34 PM
Yeah, but how do you get Rin out of Isuzu xD?

Minami Itsuki
16th June 2006, 11:46 PM
She is called Rin because 'Isuzu', when written as two Kanji characters, it means 'Dependable Bell', which many consider to represent her personality and appearance quite well. Several members of the family refer to her as "Rin" because it translates to 'small bell' in Japanese and 'rin' resembles the sound a small bell makes.

^ Wikipedia knows all. XDD

The Red Butterfly
17th June 2006, 5:24 PM
Thank you Vy Low and yes....wiwkipedia does know all XD I really would like to see Ritzu again, and show him with Mitchan, they are too adorabley perfect for echother ;;

Staryu
17th June 2006, 5:32 PM
I think it's spelled Ritsu, right?

I prefer the name Rin over Isuzu, you?

The Red Butterfly
17th June 2006, 8:29 PM
I think both suit her very well, but Rin's a pretier name (in my opinion) so I like that name better as well.

Staryu
18th June 2006, 3:16 AM
Today, I saw a car called Isuzu! xD..but anyways..new sig. Hiro! Yeah, only I can't read what he's saying.

Mysteria Pearl
18th June 2006, 3:19 AM
Isuzu is her real name but Rin is her nickname!!! Kinda like HatsuHaru is also haru or momitchi is momiji.

Momiji is Momiji. "Momitchi" is basically the pronunciation or a pet-nick-name, like a caring one.

oh my gosh, I just noticed that Isuzu is the name of a car brand!!! (Wow, I'm kinda slow!!! XD )

I like the name Isuzu best. It's kind of strange to wonder how anybody got Rin out of Isuzu. 0_o XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
18th June 2006, 3:23 AM
Well, if you read above, Rin is the sound a small bell makes, and Isuzu is the sound a big bell [i guess] makes.

Mysteria Pearl
18th June 2006, 3:31 AM
I waqs being sarchastic. (SP!???) Anyway. *coughawkwardcough*

there's so many R_n names! XD Rin, Ren, Ran, Run, Ron, Ryn (yes, I've heard it before!)

gosh!!!

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
18th June 2006, 3:37 AM
*sweatdrop* Ehh? I knew that!

I've noticed that in mangas/anim's there are a lot of chars that start with the letter K. And R, but not so much.

Kisa
Kagura
Kana
Kureno
Kyo
Kimi [I guess?]

In Furuba alone!

Mysteria Pearl
18th June 2006, 3:42 AM
remember Kyoko and Katsuya XD

there are alot of K names!!!

Staryu
18th June 2006, 4:11 AM
I don't know who Katsuya is xD..? But then again I just read a whole chapter and don't know what it was about after I read it.

It was about Hatori, Shigure, Kana and some other girl.

Mysteria Pearl
18th June 2006, 4:58 AM
Katsuya is Tohru's father, duh. XD

do you mean Mayuko?

Staryu
18th June 2006, 5:32 PM
I haven't met Tohru's dad, yet, I think o.o

I bought the whole anime set yesterday online ^__^

Mysteria Pearl
18th June 2006, 9:48 PM
Tohru's dad isn't really in the anime XD much.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:x-d8vtCxHn93lM:www.anansispaceworks.com/Home/Rozzychan/Fruits/FBcharacters/Hkatsuya_jpg

Staryu
18th June 2006, 10:31 PM
I know..xD..i was just bringing up that I bought it.

I don't think I've read him, is what I'm saying..when does he come up, if you remember?

The Red Butterfly
18th June 2006, 11:01 PM
Yes he comes up later on in the story (through flashbacks though right?) i only have seen him once...er twice in the manga. Also I didnt kow Momitchi was a caring name XDD my bad

Mysteria Pearl
18th June 2006, 11:53 PM
he comes back up later through Tohru's flashbacks of how her dad got a cold and died in his office and how, although her mom thought she didn't know, Kyoko almost killed herself, but when remembering Tohru, she stopped herself. Kyo also reveals that he remembers, when talking to Kyoko, that he knows about Katsuya.

yeah, Momiji is just Momiji, maybe Shigure has a lisp XD

~ MP ~

The Red Butterfly
19th June 2006, 12:58 AM
ooooooh, so baisically Kyo already knows about the in-laws and has met one of them XDD and poor Kyoko, luckily she rememberd Tohru and how did Tohru find out?

Staryu
19th June 2006, 1:00 AM
Eep. So I should probably change my siggy to Momiji..Momitchi sounds cuter, though.

brainwhiz21
19th June 2006, 1:42 AM
is momiji pronounced mom-E-G-E or momitchi

Staryu
19th June 2006, 2:00 AM
Mom-Ee-Jee. Momitchi is just a pet name or something..people above were talking about it.

Mysteria Pearl
19th June 2006, 5:54 AM
it's pronounced mo-me-gee

Tohru just knew what her mother was going through, she wasn't oblivious. And yes, Kyo has frequently had discussions with Kyoko (while she was alive that is)

Momitchi is like a pet name, as I said above

The Red Butterfly
19th June 2006, 4:45 PM
Ok this has been bugging me how do you pronounce Kyo because I've been pronounicing it Key-oh, that's thr right way right =/

anyway now that that question is done XDDD I kinda figured the conversations happened while she was alive.

Staryu
19th June 2006, 4:50 PM
It's Key-oh in the anime, but before I watched it, I pronounced it Ki-oh. xD

The Red Butterfly
19th June 2006, 5:11 PM
Oh ok, good, I hoped it wasn't prionounced k-yo XDD he fits Kyo more, well thanks for teling me =D

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune
19th June 2006, 5:49 PM
Fruits Basket is a great anime! I loved Kyo and Yuki.
Hatsu Haru and Shigure are cool too!

The Red Butterfly
19th June 2006, 5:59 PM
agreed =D and yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay another fan of both of them (it's very rare to find someone who loves Kyo and Yuki ^^) So have you read the manga?

Mysteria Pearl
19th June 2006, 6:25 PM
I lub Kyo and Yuki. It's just I don't speak of Yui much XD

I feel sorry for those who haven't read the manga. They probably misunderstand EVERYthing. Like the shippings, the plot, the characers, ect.

oy. Poor mistaken individuals. XD

~ MP ~

Staryu
19th June 2006, 11:57 PM
Weee I got a FB poster today xD..It's in the winter, and it has Hari, Momiji & Tohru <3

Mysteria Pearl
20th June 2006, 1:40 AM
oh my gosh! I've been looking for that one forever! Hatori looks so hot in it!!!

XD Congrats!!!

Staryu
20th June 2006, 5:34 AM
It was only 2.99, too! All the anime posters at this store I go to are just 2.99, it was a good one, too!

No, he doesn't. He just looks..regular xD

The Red Butterfly
20th June 2006, 4:45 PM
=O i want a poster with hatori on it ;_______________________________;

but anyway wouldn't the people who have only seen the anime know that Tohru loves Kyo if they ended the series with the 6th book? (this was the part with Kyo's true form correct?)

Staryu
20th June 2006, 5:16 PM
Well, Ritsu isn't in the 6th book, is he? And he's in the anime..

Mysteria Pearl
26th June 2006, 7:19 AM
yeah, the 6th book has Kyo's true form in it. It just kinda bugs me that the anime people *isn't very descriptive right now* didn't wait a little longer so they would actually know about the true shippings. grr. :) anyhow, I WANT A HATORI POSTER!!!

~ MP ~

Minami Itsuki
26th June 2006, 7:25 AM
I actually bought a Furuba wallscroll from our mall~

It has Kagura, Kyo and Tohru in it. ;DD

Never seen the anime sooo~XDD

Mysteria Pearl
26th June 2006, 9:22 AM
you really should buy it!!! (Or rent it, or whatever) :) It's good; not very relevant (SP!?!?!?!) to the books, but good.

I love the voices and colour! They add alot to the less obvious plotlines. Yet the shipping is messed up XD oh well. Still an awesome anime :)

Staryu
26th June 2006, 5:37 PM
EEK! I thought this thread was dead! Phew.

I've started the 11th book, to the part where Rin attacks Tohru, and Akito's being a bit..errr..mean person ^_^

The 11th is my favorite so far. I'm probably going to watch ep 16 in the anime today.

How do you watch the anime? (when it was new for you) All at once, a few a day, or once a week?

I try to watch 1 a week, even though it's haarrrd!

EDIT: Ohh Mysteriaaaaa, http://cgi.ebay.com/Fruits-Basket-Poster-Hatori-Momiji-Tohru-in-Snow_W0QQitemZ6053890656QQihZ009QQcategoryZ99993QQ ssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Mysteria Pearl
26th June 2006, 8:53 PM
The 11th book is really good :)

When I was watching it, (well it was me and my friend Irena Mystica) we couldn't stop watching it so we like watched it like all at once!!! I think we went through a few dozen tissue boxes XD

AHHHHH! I LOVE THAT POSTER!!!!! HATORI IS SO HOTTTTTTT!!!!! *falls over anime style XD)

Staryu
26th June 2006, 11:35 PM
Buy it, Buy it!

I think we went through a few dozen tissue boxes XD
I didn't really find much of it sad. But you know what episode I'm on, so maybe I haven't seen some stuff. I didn't really think Momiji's episode was that sad..or Hatori's. Maybe it's cause I'm a guy??

Mysteria Pearl
27th June 2006, 7:23 AM
yeah... I'm just a blubbering girl XD I cry at alot of things XD ask anybody! I cried right from the beginning XD All the sad parts, I have now memorized in both Japanese and English XD

If I don't cry like even one tear, I'll just be depressed all day! XD

~ Mystiera Pearl ~

Staryu
28th June 2006, 12:46 AM
XD. I have a question...why are Kyo's beads black & white in the anime, but red & white (i think, maybe red & black) in the manga?

Oh, and is manga pronounced:

Mahnga or Maynga?

Xiang
28th June 2006, 12:50 AM
Mahnga. The "a" in Japanese is pronounced "ah."
Aren't they white and black in the manga too? o_O

Staryu
28th June 2006, 1:13 AM
Nope, in book 11, Kyo says that:

SPOILER ABOUT THE BEADS:

The red ones are colored by blood and the white ones are human bones.

Mysteria Pearl
28th June 2006, 1:18 AM
yeah. The reason they changed the colours is unknown. Probably becuase when they were making the anime, they just naturally thought that the beads were black and white like good and evil or something 0_o

Drew.
28th June 2006, 2:49 AM
Nope, in book 11, Kyo says that:

SPOILER ABOUT THE BEADS:

The red ones are colored by blood and the white ones are human bones.

Thats true. But they ditched that in the anime, and just made them black and dark purple prayer beads.

Yes...they're dark purple. Not black. I learned from a very obsessed Kyou fan. (Shes in her late twenties and she know soooo much about Furuba. o___o its insane. )

Mysteria Pearl
28th June 2006, 6:07 AM
They're black. I know that from many sources. I am a crazed Kyo fan and nowhere is there concrete evidence that they are purple.

Anyway... I just noticed... wait... I forget...

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
28th June 2006, 5:01 PM
Lets not argue over the beads, ok? xDDDDD

But, yes, I do believe they're black..the cosplay beads are black, not purple.

The Red Butterfly
28th June 2006, 6:32 PM
The whole bead thing scared me *blood and bone=not cool* but at least Kyo is a bit hesitant about beileveing that^^

Also Hello Drew^^ I see you a lot at Pc *didin't know you liked Fruits Basket*

anyway I just realized in Volume 11 they bring up Ren-san OoI miss out on a lot..poor Akito Shigure is so mean ;;

Staryu
28th June 2006, 6:57 PM
I think it's cool that they're made of blood & bones, it makes them more special than regular plastic...i'd be proud if I had them xD

Xiang
29th June 2006, 12:25 AM
It'd be cool, but the blood and bone would have to come from something, symbolizing death or torture or something like that x_X It sorta suits Kyo, but people bug him enough

Staryu
29th June 2006, 12:56 AM
So? It's one of a kind! I was gonna say he could sell it..but yeah..xD Kinda ruin his life..but he'd be rich! XD

TeamRocket_Executive2010
29th June 2006, 5:36 AM
The manga is OK. I thought it was like, the best thing ever until I saw the anime though. The anime, in my opinion, is SOOO much better! The last couple of episodes are the best though. They're soooo dramatic! And I also really enjoyed the New Years one, lol that house was like CHAOS in the morning!

Megchan
29th June 2006, 5:41 AM
How the hell is the anime better? It leaves so many loose ends!

Mysteria Pearl
29th June 2006, 6:39 AM
The manga is OK. I thought it was like, the best thing ever until I saw the anime though. The anime, in my opinion, is SOOO much better! The last couple of episodes are the best though. They're soooo dramatic! And I also really enjoyed the New Years one, lol that house was like CHAOS in the morning!

*twitch* *cough* *almost exploding* I will not be rude. *persistant* I will definately not be. Not working.

How the *bleep* is the anime better? It leaves so many loose ends!
strange way to put it (not really strange... I'm just not very descriptive @ the moment XD) but for some people, I guess it may be easier to understand or something. Seeing as I've read up to chapter 129, I consider the manga to be better; but that's because it's the original version, created by the actual manga-ka, Natsuki Takaya-sama. The Director, in my opinion, just didn't understand some VITAL parts, but we've gone over that againa nd again and AGAIN!!!

as for the bone thingy... If I had to wear a bracelet made out of human bones... I'd get sick to my stomach or something... eew... (If you think about it, Tohru's kinda brave even to touch them... the beads, that is XD) And think of having to wear them... every day... just reminding you of an unjust punishment you did absolutely nothing to deserve. *cries*

Anyhoo,
~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Eternity Absol
29th June 2006, 10:55 PM
Hey, everyone. I'm back! ;o And I'll try to make my posts longer, better, etc. So, what did I miss?

Anyways, I've heard somewhere on Youtube that there are "bonus episodes" of Fruits Basket. And the only way to watch them is to buy the DVDs. They said the extra episodes were added onto the 4th DVD along with the last few regular episodes. It sounds fake to me... o_o;

The Red Butterfly
30th June 2006, 5:13 PM
Eternity Absol =D *hugs* god to have you back^^

anyway I havent seen the anime so I wouldn't know but an extra episode would be nice^^ To catch you up weve been talking about the beads and stuff that happens and stuff like that XD

Staryu
30th June 2006, 5:43 PM
having to wear them... every day
Yeah, but they're COOL! Everyone would like them ^_^..I wonder how he does gym without taking them off?

The anime, in my opinion, is SOOO much better!
You're kidding, right?

It sounds fake to me... o_o;

Me too, and I'm almost sure it is. I have the set of 3 discs (if you buy the set, they combine them, so there's only 3 discs)..and I haven't gotten to the 3rd one, but on the back, it says episodes 1-26.

Mysteria Pearl
30th June 2006, 8:13 PM
no bonus epi. simple as that. yay.

Yeah, but they're COOL! Everyone would like them ^_^..I wonder how he does gym without taking them off?

0_o EEWW! *girliness showing* ICKY!!! HUMAN BONES! *faint*

*thinking of Kyo @ the dojo / gym XD*

I wonder if he has a tan-line from the bracelet XD that would be great! XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Minami Itsuki
30th June 2006, 8:16 PM
0_o EEWW! *girliness showing* ICKY!!! HUMAN BONES! *faint*

*thinking of Kyo @ the dojo / gym XD*

I wonder if he has a tan-line from the bracelet XD that would be great! XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Human bones are all the rage. ;DD

Hmmm...interesting~Once I saw on EBay or something, Kyo's bracelet. ;D I wanted to buy it sooo bad. ;o; I got out-auctioned though.

Oh well~It's REALLY cool though. XDD

Mysteria Pearl
30th June 2006, 8:21 PM
Human bones are all the rage. ;DD

0_o ICKY!!!! *shiver* eew! eww! EEEEWWWW! k, I'm done. XD

Ooh! I saw that too! I got outbid-ed-ed too XD

Eternity Absol
30th June 2006, 8:25 PM
Oh, yeah... Those beads Kyo always wears are made of human bones! xD I wonder how they managed to get them? Either way, I think it's kinda cool. ;o Woah, we could have bought a bracelet like that?! If only I had seen it! ;_; How much did the winner pay?

Yeah, people on YouTube are always saying they think there's going to be a season 2 of Fruits Basket. I believed that once, too, but it's been way too long for a new season. D: Oh well. But they were saying (at least 3 people) that the extra episodes were an addition to whatever else was on the 4th DVD. Too bad it's probably a fake. :/ Extra episodes would have been great.

Mysteria Pearl
30th June 2006, 8:42 PM
where have you been? XD human bones. kill. rip out bones. human cat bones. carve them into beads. out on string. wrap around wrist. bye-bye cat looking thing. party.

hahaha... new... season. That's funny XD yeah right. I'd like it if they didn't mess up the shippings again. muahaha... the voice acotrs who said they think Yuki and Tohru are "forever" (blech) are going to feel really stupid when they're reading through the higher 120's (chapters) and when they read that Yuki only thinks of her as a mom... muahaha! XD

Minami Itsuki
30th June 2006, 8:48 PM
where have you been? XD human bones. kill. rip out bones. human cat bones. carve them into beads. out on string. wrap around wrist. bye-bye cat looking thing. party.

hahaha... new... season. That's funny XD yeah right. I'd like it if they didn't mess up the shippings again. muahaha... the voice acotrs who said they think Yuki and Tohru are "forever" (blech) are going to feel really stupid when they're reading through the higher 120's (chapters) and when they read that Yuki only thinks of her as a mom... muahaha! XD

And they'll be showing Rin and Kureno! =D

Indeed~The ships. XDD (always an issue to Mysteria-chan XDD)

Staryu
30th June 2006, 8:48 PM
There's always tons of those bracelets there..

I wasn't talking about the Dojo!! XD..I meant GYM @ SCHOOl xD

Have you ever heard of the Catacombs, Mysteria?

Mysteria Pearl
30th June 2006, 8:52 PM
Indeed~The ships. XDD (always an issue to Mysteria-chan XDD XD yeah... that's mainly the only thing that annoys me XD

There's always tons of those bracelets there..
I wasn't talking about the Dojo!! XD..I meant GYM @ SCHOOl xD
Have you ever heard of the Catacombs, Mysteria?

OOH! 0_o sweaty Kyo @ the gym XD me likey XD

EEW! Have you ever BEEN in them!? They're icky!!! and smell like moss! XD

that brings up a question... wait... I forget XD I'll remember eventually XD I hope

~ Mysteir PAelr ~ grr.

Eternity Absol
30th June 2006, 9:00 PM
I would love to get one of those bracelet things, but I hope the people selling them on eBay don't have rediculous prices... Still, I must get more Fruits Basket stuff! <3
Haha, yeah I saw on some websites that Yuki said she was only like a motherly figure to him. All the Yuki x Tohru shippers are gonna be so mad if they don't already know.

The manga is definitely better than the anime. Enough said. o_o;

Mysteria Pearl
30th June 2006, 9:03 PM
yeah.... *evil laugh* muahahahaha! It's true

Quote: (these aren't the exact works; yeah right. like I'd have them memorized? But they're accurate)
"So what do you think of Tohru"

"...Mother..."

"Eew! like--"

"No. She's comforting... like a motherly figure..." I don't exactally remember what they said, but that's basically it. yay.

They are gonna me so mad XD

Staryu
30th June 2006, 9:05 PM
No, I wish. It'd be cool! But it'd probably haunt me. Smells like moss? XD..better than rotting bones.

Eternity Absol
30th June 2006, 9:06 PM
Hehe! x) Tohru x Kyo is what they should really be supporting if they want to see anything happen! Besides, even in the mangas released in America Kyo says he loves her.

What do you mean by those Catacombs, anyways? Is it in the later Furuba manga? o_o;

Mysteria Pearl
30th June 2006, 9:17 PM
no... I just hate them... eew... remember... when in Catacombes, breathe through your ears XD

totally! and Yukiru fans will be SO dissapointed XD Yeah... the English isn't very far along yet XD

Eternity Absol
30th June 2006, 9:23 PM
Grr. I know! TokyoPop needs to translate and release the rest of the manga NOW! :x It's been taking forever, and I wouldn't be surprised if the people working there are laughing at us as we complain. D:
Once, at the bookstore, this lady said she loved Fruits Basket. I was buying some, and she was the one at the cashier. Anyways, I asked her if it was really true if Akito was a girl, and she said no (I knew better). She said she thought Akito was just a girly man! xD

Mysteria Pearl
30th June 2006, 9:27 PM
haha. Some people are kinda.... naive XD I'm so glad I can read the original version XD Or else, my mind would like explode XD

Eternity Absol
30th June 2006, 9:31 PM
Lucky you! I so wish I could read and speak Japanese, but it seems so hard... Anyways, my Grandma is going to get me this CD that can teach me to speak Japanese! :3 Do you think I'll be able to learn it if I really try? Now, reading Japanese is something totally different. o_o;
I'll bet it's so nice to be able to read Fruits Basket original... Everything probably makes a whole lot more sense.

Purplemoon
1st July 2006, 1:23 AM
Sorry for not posting for a while...
But anyway, Fruits Basket manga is 100000x better than the anime. The anime is not what I would call 'accurate'.
I got a CD like that. But I really suck xDD
Somewheres in town, some places is selling necklaces and braclets similar to Kyo's beads. They have different colours instead of black/red though. Every time I see someone with them I think 'Kyo's beads!'.

Eternity Absol
1st July 2006, 1:25 AM
Haha, I know what you mean! xP Whenever I hear people talking about the Chinese Zodiac, it reminds me instantly of Fruits Basket.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the drawings in volume 1 are very different from the drawings in volume 8, etc.? Isn't that because Takaya got in a car accident or something and broke her drawing arm?

Staryu
1st July 2006, 2:44 AM
She did hurt her hand, but I believe her drawing style has improved, and by volume 8, the characters have changed [developmentally], and grown talled/older looking.

Eternity Absol
1st July 2006, 2:51 AM
Yeah, I know they were supposed to look different as they got older, but her drawing in general was just different. I kinda like it, though. <3 That would be nice if we could all get free drawing lessons from her since we like Fruits Basket so much! xP I can only draw... pretty good, but it just takes me a long time. But who knows if one of us might become a manga-ka of some super-popular series like Furuba? :3

Staryu
1st July 2006, 4:30 AM
Only if we knew Japanese..you guys probably do, but not me ;-;

Yeah, I've tried drawing. Meh. Eh. Feh. The only one that came out good was Rin. But she looked old.

Xiang
1st July 2006, 2:56 PM
But anyway, Fruits Basket manga is 100000x better than the anime.

Honestly, even if I like the manga better, you shouldn't shove that opinion in others' faces like its a fact. People out there can think the opposite of that, but I'd rather it stated like an opinion. -____-

The only path to manga drawing is a bit of background knowledge with the style and practice. Lessons can be counted as practice, but if you rely on books and lessons it won't help as much. I've drawn since I was 4 (at least more than stick figures :p) and started drawing anime style when I was 8.

I can only draw Kisa. Everybody else looks weird after I'm done :p

Eternity Absol
1st July 2006, 7:21 PM
One of my friends draws anime REALLY well; I'm so jealous of her. As for practicing, I don't think any amount of it could make me good enough as I'd like. It's just too hard to draw! And when I compare my art to the drawings in Fruits Basket, it makes me feel like I'm the worst in the world. xD

Xiang
1st July 2006, 7:41 PM
That's what I mean. You think it's way too hard and you compare it to a pro. That's the opposite of practice. Well, I'm not going to shove you into a desk and order ten thousand portraits of human Pikachu, its all up to you.

Eternity Absol
1st July 2006, 7:45 PM
It's alright. xP I don't mind not being an awesome anime drawer. Swordfighting's more my thing. x)

In the back of one of the Fruits Basket mangas, there's a bonus chapter about the Furuba CD. It said you can't get one anymore, which is too bad... What was on it, anyways? ;o Does anyone know?

Mysteria Pearl
1st July 2006, 8:30 PM
Lucky you! I so wish I could read and speak Japanese, but it seems so hard... Anyways, my Grandma is going to get me this CD that can teach me to speak Japanese! :3 Do you think I'll be able to learn it if I really try? Now, reading Japanese is something totally different. o_o;
I'll bet it's so nice to be able to read Fruits Basket original... Everything probably makes a whole lot more sense.

You can do anything you set your mind to XD Ooh! A CD! That sounds easier than the way I learned XD It does! But the dubbed version is pretty good too!

But anyway, Fruits Basket manga is 100000x better than the anime. The anime is not what I would call 'accurate'.
I got a CD like that. But I really suck xDD
Somewheres in town, some places is selling necklaces and braclets similar to Kyo's beads. They have different colours instead of black/red though. Every time I see someone with them I think 'Kyo's beads!'.

thank you for agreeing with me!!!
ooh! I wan' one! XD I made a matching "Kyo's necklace and bracelet" for myself and even people who didn't know the anime liked them. XD

Haha, I know what you mean! xP Whenever I hear people talking about the Chinese Zodiac, it reminds me instantly of Fruits Basket.

By the way, has anyone noticed that the drawings in volume 1 are very different from the drawings in volume 8, etc.? Isn't that because Takaya got in a car accident or something and broke her drawing arm?

I get really annoyed at chinese places / resturaunts that don't include the cat XD it's funny

I didn't hear about the car accident bit... although, I did hear something that she just sprained it or something...

Ooh! But, has ayone compared the main characters' faces!? Now they look so-so-so mature!!! Kyo looks SO different (but it doesn't diminish his hottness! XD) And Tohru changes a-lot too!

She did hurt her hand, but I believe her drawing style has improved, and by volume 8, the characters have changed [developmentally], and grown taller/older looking.

yeah... *drooling over the boys looking older*

Hey... I'm female so I have no clue... but soon, shouldn't like the boys need to be shaving and stuff XD ?

It's alright. xP I don't mind not being an awesome anime drawer. Swordfighting's more my thing. x)

In the back of one of the Fruits Basket mangas, there's a bonus chapter about the Furuba CD. It said you can't get one anymore, which is too bad... What was on it, anyways? ;o Does anyone know?

XD I love swordfighting! (I stink, though!) They should add Haru trying to swordfight against an angry Hiro. That would be pretty... cute, doncha think? XD

I think they meant that you could NEVER get it in the first place XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Eternity Absol
1st July 2006, 8:37 PM
Thanks, Mysteria Pearl! ^_^ Hopefully I can learn to read Japanese, too. One of my friends really wants to learn also, so I guess we would try learning it together. That would make it much more fun! xP
Haha! xP Yeah, those Chinese places must never forget the cat! Besides, I like cats in general. Not as much as dogs and horses, though. Almost all of the characters look taller, too! <3 Kyo still looks just as hawt as ever, though! As for them shaving, I doubt they would show anything about that in the manga! xD
Well, they just said the CD was no longer available after a certain time. I'm guessing that by the time that manga was released, it was already past that certain time. D:

Staryu
1st July 2006, 8:39 PM
Hey... I'm female so I have no clue... but soon, shouldn't like the boys need to be shaving and stuff XD ?

XD..Probably already are -- not a ton or anything, but a little bit ^_^;; -- at least from where I am in the manga [book11]

They should add Haru trying to swordfight against an angry Hiro.
Haha, Hiro's above that. He'd attack with words. XD

Eternity Absol
1st July 2006, 8:45 PM
Hiro is so funny! xD And he's really protective of Kisa; it's cute. I'm sure he could win any debate. ;o
I have volumes 1 - 11, but I still need to get caught up with the last few that've been released. :/ I wish manga wasn't so expensive, either. ;o $10 for one! (usually)

Mysteria Pearl
1st July 2006, 8:48 PM
Thanks, Mysteria Pearl! ^_^ Hopefully I can learn to read Japanese, too. One of my friends really wants to learn also, so I guess we would try learning it together. That would make it much more fun! xP

Don't worry, you'll be able to!! That would be great to make ... a Japanese study-group! XD

Haha! xP Yeah, those Chinese places must never forget the cat! Besides, I like cats in general. Not as much as dogs and horses, though.

Go kitties! Rock on!!! I guess I get real crabby whenever somebody forgets the cat. XD That must be hillarious to watch, me being crabby XD

Almost all of the characters look taller, too! <3 Kyo still looks just as hawt as ever, though! As for them shaving, I doubt they would show anything about that in the manga! xD

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!! But Kyo just thinks Tohru got shorter XD Oh yeahhhhhh! HE IS HAWT!!! That would be funny if yuki randomly walked in with bandages all over his fce from shaving XD Muahaha!

Well, they just said the CD was no longer available after a certain time. I'm guessing that by the time that manga was released, it was already past that certain time. D: yepperdepper. XD

XD..Probably already are -- not a ton or anything, but a little bit ^_^;; -- at least from where I am in the manga [book11]

*dies* <X

Haha, Hiro's above that. He'd attack with words. XD Yeah, but just to fight the words, Haru would need a sword XD

Staryu
1st July 2006, 8:48 PM
Heh. I save my money so I'm not broke. So, that way, when I really want something, I buy it.

But anyways, I try & read slow, cause then I'll be waiting months for the next one!

After Kureno's in August, when does the next come out? As in, how many months are usually between?

That would be funny if yuki randomly walked in with bandages all over his fce from shaving XD Muahaha!

Haha. It's not THAT hard XD..ELECRTIC RAZORS ALL THE WAY!

Mysteria Pearl
1st July 2006, 8:55 PM
Heh. I save my money so I'm not broke. So, that way, when I really want something, I buy it.
But anyways, I try & read slow, cause then I'll be waiting months for the next one!
After Kureno's in August, when does the next come out? As in, how many months are usually between?

For the English versions? About three months, I believe.

Haha. It's not THAT hard XD..ELECRTIC RAZORS ALL THE WAY!

exactly my point XD

Eternity Absol
1st July 2006, 8:58 PM
Yeah, a Japanese study group! ;o Now THAT would be awesome!
It's pretty sad how Akito excludes Kyo from the Zodiac just because he HAPPENED to be the cat. It's so unfair and rude. ;_; Hawt Kyo doesn't deserve that!
Haha! Poor Yuki! xD I remember once Shigure called him a girly man. That was so funny. Oh, and wouldn't that be sooo funny if someone found Tohru teaching Yuki how to shave his legs? Then Kyo and Shigure walk in, and they stop and STARE in astonishment. xD I would just die of laughter if that's in one of the mangas!

Mysteria Pearl
1st July 2006, 9:19 PM
Yeah, a Japanese study group! ;o Now THAT would be awesome!
It's pretty sad how Akito excludes Kyo from the Zodiac just because he HAPPENED to be the cat. It's so unfair and rude. ;_; Hawt Kyo doesn't deserve that!
Haha! Poor Yuki! xD I remember once Shigure called him a girly man. That was so funny. Oh, and wouldn't that be sooo funny if someone found Tohru teaching Yuki how to shave his legs? Then Kyo and Shigure walk in, and they stop and STARE in astonishment. xD I would just die of laughter if that's in one of the mangas!

yay! A study group... in the middle of... wait... what month is this anyway? XD
I know! Kitties rule, Akito drools... wait... I drool at Kyo's hottness... so does that mean I'm against him XD?
EEW! That would be gross! XD Yet, absolutely hillarious! XD I meant their faces! XD

Eternity Absol
1st July 2006, 9:25 PM
It's July 1st. ;o Canada Day! *cheers* Well, I live in the US, but whatever. xP
I know you meant their faces, but a guy shaving his legs would be rediculous and funny! xD They always say laughter is good for the soul, so Fruits Basket must also be since it makes us laugh so much. xP

Mysteria Pearl
1st July 2006, 9:28 PM
It's July 1st. ;o Canada Day! *cheers* Well, I live in the US, but whatever. xP
I know you meant their faces, but a guy shaving his legs would be rediculous and funny! xD They always say laughter is good for the soul, so Fruits Basket must also be since it makes us laugh so much. xP

It's already July? XD Who knew!?
Phew... yeah... that'd be funny... strange... yet funny... XD Eew! XD yeah! Laughter is good... perhaps that's another reason I can't be very serious XD?

Eternity Absol
1st July 2006, 9:37 PM
Eh, who needs to be serious on chatboards anyways? xP Yes, July is upon us... Just three more days until the 4th of July, and there will be fireworks galore! <3
I was watching the episode where Momiji takes them all to the onsen in Japanese, and I realized how annoying his voice can sound. o_o His voice in English isn't as bad. xP But anyways, Momiji was whining about something Kyo did, and he sounded really annoying (yet he's adorable, as always <3). xD Then Kyo commented on how annoying his voice was. That just made me laugh. xP

TeamRocket_Executive2010
1st July 2006, 11:04 PM
lol I never watched any episodes with Momiji in them in Japanese, i think I only watched a few in Japanese... I know i watched the New Years one in Japanese. haha I always thought Momiji's English voice was annoying enough. But he's so amusing to watch haha

Eternity Absol
1st July 2006, 11:33 PM
I know! xD He's always getting yelled at by Kyo. Poor little guy...
Oh, I loved the New Years episode! <3 Yuki and Kyo came back just to be with Tohru. How sweet. ^_^ Then Akito got all mad because they didn't attend his stupid banquet. xD

Mysteria Pearl
2nd July 2006, 12:18 AM
I think Momiji just understands better than anybody that Kyo loves Tohru and adores poking fun at him XD

The New Year's epi is sweet... but Yuki just NEEDS to be elsewhere in that epi XD

Akito wasn't infurriated... just annoyed...

Purplemoon
2nd July 2006, 2:05 AM
12 hours and there's so many posts @_@
Yeah I meant that as an opinion whoops (to something before)
I just greatly prefer the manga.
BUT ANYWAY when I heard momiji's japanese voice I thought it sounded like pikachu XDD.

Yay for the new year's ep. Though they shouldn't have gone anyway. Tohru is much nicer than Akito who beats up people o.O

Staryu
2nd July 2006, 3:07 AM
but a guy shaving his legs would be rediculous and funny! xD
Haha yeah. You know, some guy swimmers shave their legs! Makes you go faster, I guess? [Probably by 2.2 nanoseconds]

SOMEBODY!! Kyo hit me! Waaaah!

Mysteria Pearl
2nd July 2006, 8:38 AM
12 hours and there's so many posts @_@

THANK YOU!!! That's how I always feel XD

BUT ANYWAY when I heard momiji's japanese voice I thought it sounded like pikachu XDD.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's g-great!!! *in tears* AHAHAHA!

Haha yeah. You know, some guy swimmers shave their legs! Makes you go faster, I guess? [Probably by 2.2 nanoseconds] eeeeeew! XD Yet I wouldn't mind Kyo in swim trunks XD

SOMEBODY!! Kyo hit me! Waaaah!
*ignores* XD I'm kidding!!! XD Aww, poor, poor Momiji XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Purplemoon
2nd July 2006, 11:54 AM
Haha yeah. You know, some guy swimmers shave their legs! Makes you go faster, I guess? [Probably by 2.2 nanoseconds]

XDD
2.2 nanoseconds can make a VERY big difference in a race. j/k, but shame to me if it really does.
Yuki: Hah. I beat you again you stupid cat.
Kyo: Well that's only cause you shave your legs you little girly rat!!

THANK YOU!!! That's how I always feel XD

Indeed! Is it just us?
Is just me, or is everyone posting while I'm asleep?

Eternity Absol
2nd July 2006, 7:54 PM
Ahh, so many posts! Well, not really... At least it's not pages and pages. ^_^ Yeah, I've heard tha swimmers do shave their legs for the extra nanoseconds... But, really, some tiny amount like that probably wouldn't make much difference! xD Hehe, it's really funny when Momiji was sitting on the floor crying that Kyo hit him. I guess he can be annoying, but that doesn't mean Kyo should hit him! *hugs Momiji* Remember when Tohru was hanging up laundry outside and Kyo was talking with her, then Momiji butts in and says "Kyo's got the hots!"
Kyo: I do not!
xD That was so funny! <3 It kinda seems that Momiji likes Tohru too, though. ;o

Staryu
2nd July 2006, 10:53 PM
It kinda seems that Momiji likes Tohru too, though. ;o
I think he does. It was hilarious when she found out he was going into High School!

The Red Butterfly
2nd July 2006, 10:58 PM
He does like Tohru XDD anyway Staryu I LOVE the pic of Haru and Yuki in your sig, it's awesome <3333 and yes he does act aliot younger than his age Oo

Staryu
2nd July 2006, 11:02 PM
Staryu I LOVE the pic of Haru and Yuki in your sig, it's awesome <3333
I know. Thanks ^____^ The quality's towed up..cause my host decreased the size.

The Red Butterfly
2nd July 2006, 11:08 PM
XDD That's ok, I still like it though, those two are funny together. I love when they see Haru in book 5 he has a little heart by him <3 I also love how he's always so calm after he turns black XD

Eternity Absol
2nd July 2006, 11:49 PM
Oh, yeah, I remember that part! xD It showed a picture of Haru equals Momiji, and Tohru's like "HOW?!" She thought for sure he was in elementary school (I had always thought so, too) and he's actually going to high school. He acts so young and childish, AND he looks it. <3
Staryu, you could try using PhotoBucket. They don't decrease the size unless it's over 1MB. ;o

The Red Butterfly
3rd July 2006, 12:19 AM
Yes he does look really young but i loved the picture of him when the president's people were trying to imagine him in the boys uniform and then the picture of him in volume thirteen where he's sitting down without his hat (it was a chapter picture) <3 he looks really good in those^^ Yuki looked very feminine Oo but as Takaya said, if he has girly features, he was drawn for cross-dressing XDD (I re-worded it differently)XD

Eternity Absol
3rd July 2006, 12:25 AM
Crossdressing is the best! <3 Yuki looked hilarious in that dress those girls made him wear!!
Oh, yeah... And that one dude was crying when he imagined Yuki as a girl! xD Yuki was so mad, too.

The Red Butterfly
3rd July 2006, 12:30 AM
XDD yes that was hilarious and Yuki was peeved (poor guy) but hey haru brought it up so he shouldn't be getting mad at the president (though i never took a liking to him) I like the most recent pack of student council members:
Yuki, Nabe, Machi, Kimi and Nao are hilarious XDD

Eternity Absol
3rd July 2006, 1:17 AM
I remember one time Kyo was saying that Yuki was 'just a regular, boring guy'. I guess he didn't realize that Yuki was listening right behind him or something. Anyways, then Yuki kicked him and said some witty comment (can't remember what it was). Those two will never get along! xD It would be kinda interesting if they both had a major crush on Tohru, and ended up fighting over her! Do they? I've only read up to volume 11, so I wouldn't know.

The Red Butterfly
3rd July 2006, 5:24 PM
NO they don't Yuki falls for someone else and as for him having a crush on her, well he loves her like a mother since his mean mommy was never there for him >: *glares at yuki's mommy*

but Kyo has a huge crush on Tohru and vise-versa^^ and also Yuki and Kyo do respect eachother^^

Staryu
3rd July 2006, 6:15 PM
Ahhh! Akito punched Momiji!

That crazy *****!

;-;

Eternity Absol
3rd July 2006, 6:16 PM
Yeah, I heard about that. ^_^ I just can't wait until I get the rest of the released manga...! Hopefully my grandma will take me to the bookstore soon. Half of the entire place is only manga and anime DVDs. ;D
Wasn't the person who Yuki fell in love with on the new student council?
Oh, poor Momiji! ;_; I remember that part... And then he scratched Tohru's face. :/

Staryu
3rd July 2006, 6:21 PM
Does anyone have a spare pistol? It could come in handy.

Wasn't the person who Yuki fell in love with on the new student council?
I think I read that. But I'm still on book 11, so I'm not totally sure.

Eternity Absol
3rd July 2006, 6:27 PM
Why do you need a spare pistol? To kill Akito?! He totally deserves it. -_-; No one in the Zodiac should have to listen to that bratty *******. Oh, and does Hiro ever start to be nicer to Tohru? He usually says something rude or nasty, but I guess he's like that to everyone except for Kisa. xD He's still funny, though. ;P

The Red Butterfly
3rd July 2006, 7:06 PM
NO you don't hurt Akito, she deosn't deserve it (spoiler tag isn't working) anyway Yes Yuki goes for Machi

Eternity Absol
3rd July 2006, 7:16 PM
Oh, I thought it was something like that. ^_^ I just couldn't remember her name. Oh, and does anyone ever get married or anything like that? What happens at the very end? I must know! xD
Just because Akito's mom made her pretend to be a guy her whole life doesn't mean she has to be a total ***** to everyone. :/ Yeah, and Akito's gonna die at some young age for whatever reason, but still...

The Red Butterfly
3rd July 2006, 7:54 PM
Well the only reason why she's so mean to the girls is so that she can have the Sohma men to herself and so she'll have a purpose =D thoguh she does take drastic measures XDD

As for getting married no one does that I know of but it's a happy ending for the couples^^ (or so I've heard Oo)

Eternity Absol
3rd July 2006, 8:04 PM
Well, I'm glad to know there's a happy ending! <3
I'd heard about that... But being a jerk to everyone isn't going to make the Sohma men like her at all! She should try being nice, like Tohru. Oh well; I heard sometime near the end Akito becomes her friend or something.

The Red Butterfly
3rd July 2006, 8:10 PM
Well she becomes more mellow and nicer since she realizes she's not toally hated and I know I <3 happy endings and if thers any manga that deserves a happy ending it's Furuba =DD

Eternity Absol
3rd July 2006, 8:19 PM
Yeah, Fruits Basket deserves the best because it IS the best! <3
Heh, I can't wait until volume 17 is released in America. That's when Akito is revealed to be a girl! Hehehe. Everyone at my school will probably be going crazy at the news!

Mysteria Pearl
3rd July 2006, 8:52 PM
oh gosh, you guys are hopeless without me XD

My comp goes cablooie and there's like two pages of randomness in my absence XD That must be a new record. XD Thank you for holding down the fort of sanity, Mayuko (What the heck am I talking about? Since when do I keep things sane? XD)

When I go back and realize that the translated versions are so far behind... it makes me feel... annoyed... yet superior. XD muahaha! XD

So far-- HERE IS A BIG SPOILER BUT THE SPOILER TAG ISN"T WORKING SO IF YOU ARE A PARTY POOPER, JUST SKIP IT!
Akito has decided to tear down "that far building" -- Kyo's prison. :) yay

I need to quote Kyo one more time XD It's so sweet! XD

"It kills (or hurts) me... or rather... it kills (Hurts; whatever) how much I want her to be mine..."

THAT IS SO SWEET XD yay. Party XD

Eternity Absol
3rd July 2006, 9:05 PM
Awh! *dies* That's so sweet! <3 Ohemgee, I sooo hope we can get caught up with Japan soon! I just have to see Kyo saying that about Torhu!!
Also, does Shigure ever get a girl? o_o

Minami Itsuki
3rd July 2006, 9:06 PM
oh gosh, you guys are hopeless without me XD

My comp goes cablooie and there's like two pages of randomness in my absence XD That must be a new record. XD Thank you for holding down the fort of sanity, Mayuko (What the heck am I talking about? Since when do I keep things sane? XD)

When I go back and realize that the translated versions are so far behind... it makes me feel... annoyed... yet superior. XD muahaha! XD

So far-- HERE IS A BIG SPOILER BUT THE SPOILER TAG ISN"T WORKING SO IF YOU ARE A PARTY POOPER, JUST SKIP IT!
Akito has decided to tear down "that far building" -- Kyo's prison. :) yay

I need to quote Kyo one more time XD It's so sweet! XD

"It kills (or hurts) me... or rather... it kills (Hurts; whatever) how much I want her to be mine..."

THAT IS SO SWEET XD yay. Party XD

OMGOMGOMG <33

I assume he said that to Tohru? SO SWEEET~X33

KYOHRU FOREVER! XDD

And awesome. I KNEW Akito's awesome~XD I was her number 1 fan. <3

Mysteria Pearl
3rd July 2006, 9:12 PM
Yepperdepper XD Yesh, he said it to his little angel XD KYOHRU RULES!!!!!

yeah... you are a collasol (eheh... SP!?!?) fan of Akito.

BTW: Nice Uchia in ur sig XD

Eternity Absol
3rd July 2006, 9:27 PM
Oh, so Kyo said that to her?! What did she say back? ;o And what did everyone else say when they found out that Kyo loves her, and vice versa?

Mysteria Pearl
4th July 2006, 7:27 AM
Oh, so Kyo said that to her?! What did she say back? ;o And what did everyone else say when they found out that Kyo loves her, and vice versa?

Oh, no... I mean he thought it about her at the end of chapter 128... Chapter 129 comes out on Wed.! I"M SO EXCITED!!!

So far... he's still chasing after her... Arisa and Uo seem to have accepted it... but they on't do much for the couple. 0_o They did try and reason with Tohru after they found out it wasn't Kyo's fault that she fell off the cliff... but Tohru is being kind of dense... thinking that she's been rejected and all XD

So now he's chasing a just-released-from-the-hospital Tohru, who, BTW, is in tears cuz she still doesn't understand that she's the most precious thing in Kyo's life... XD GYAHH! I hope it ends well!!!!!!

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Staryu
4th July 2006, 5:48 PM
Arisa and Uo seem to have accepted it
*cough* Arisa & Uo = same person XD

EEK! I got to the part where Akito sees Tohru in book 11! GAHHH!!

Eternity Absol
4th July 2006, 6:27 PM
Oh, poor Tohru... She just doesn't understand how much she's loved by Kyo! xD Still, I'm surprised that Kyo waited so long to tell her. o_o He could've at least said he kinda likes her, even though it's way more than that. Meh.
Arisa and Uotani are the same, although I didn't even notice that you said that until Staryu pointed it out. xP
I wish there were more parts in the manga about Kisa and Hiro; you just don't see them much. Gah... This reminds me of when Akito hurt poor Kisa just because Hiro told her that he liked Kisa... Seriously, that's child abuse! :K
Also, I was watching the anime, and it showed Shigure with a pair of pants that he was rubbing back and forth on his back. o_O; What the hell...

Staryu
4th July 2006, 6:39 PM
I think that episode was the one where Saki & Arisa came to sleep-over. Kyo, Yuki & Shigure all transformed at different times, making chaos.

I think Tohru threw Shigure his clothes and he was in he bushes..and then Saki noticed, so..he made something about "a good rubdown" up XD

Eternity Absol
4th July 2006, 6:46 PM
Um, a good rubdown? xD Well, that's just another funny and crazy thing that Shigure would do! Personally, I think the anime episode was better than the manga for when Arisa and Saki spent the night. It was a lot funnier because everyone kept transforming all the time. I also remember when Shigure and Tohru were about to throw some clothes over to Yuki or Kyo, but they both grabbed the same thing at the same time and Shigure ended up throwing Tohru! xP I love that part.

Mysteria Pearl
4th July 2006, 9:44 PM
*cough* Arisa & Uo = same person XD

Oh dear! Eheh... oopsie! You see, only two hours of sleep is not good for a person! XD I meant Uo and Hana

She just doesn't understand how much she's loved by Kyo! xD Still, I'm surprised that Kyo waited so long to tell her. o_o He could've at least said he kinda likes her, even though it's way more than that

It's not that... after all, he kissed her... but... yeah, she was knocked out. When she awakens, though, i's not that he doesn't bother to tell her... it's that... she doesn't allow him to see her. I guess she feels kinda mortified and, from my perspective, without his love, is going crazy. 0_o sounds strange yet true XD

That was a great epi... It was absolutely embarassing... I even fet embarassed FOR them!!! XD

~ Mysteria Pearl ~

Eternity Absol
4th July 2006, 10:05 PM
In Japan, do they call people by their last names a lot?
Oh, I remember seeing a picture of Kyo kissing her... Too bad she wasn't awake! xP How did she fall off the cliff? I feel as if I should know all these things...
I'm not exactly sure what episode this was, but there was a bunch of this type of food in the air (it was all falling) and Yuki (mouse) was there, too (also falling). It was in slow motion, and Tohru was trying to grab Yuki in midair so he wouldn't hit the ground. She was having a hard time finding him since the food was in the way, but eventually she grabbed for him but instead squished food she had accidentally grabbed instead of Yuki. (this must be sooo confusing) Anyways, it was really funny and I wanna see it again! Anyone know what episode that was in?

The Red Butterfly
4th July 2006, 10:36 PM
....I havent seen the anime ;; and YAAAAAAAAAAAY pearls back =D Anyway yes people do get called by their last names a lot in Japan (which is why in the beggining you always hear Yuki call Tohru: Honda-san....actually I don't remember him ever callign her tohru Oo Didn't Haru yell at him about that and say something like, "You can call her Tohru you know?")

I hope all goes well for the precious couple (which i'm sure it will) ^^

Jen
4th July 2006, 11:53 PM
Hi! I'm a Furuba fan too! I watched the anime and have all the manga that is out so far in the US.

The Red Butterfly
4th July 2006, 11:57 PM
Oooh same here, except I don't have book nine and I don't have the anime ;;

So do you have any favoriye characters or couples you'd like to share?

Staryu
5th July 2006, 1:09 AM
Didn't Haru yell at him about that and say something like, "You can call her Tohru you know?")
I think so. In the anime it's "Miss Honda" >< That HAS to get annoying.

The Red Butterfly
5th July 2006, 1:37 AM
I bet it would, but in japan it's commom but I woudn't want to be called Miss-my last name- at all >: but it's ok for Yuki, he's polite =D

Staryu
5th July 2006, 1:43 AM
but I woudn't want to be called Miss-my last name- at all >:
Me either, except using Mr. of course XD He needs to cut the politeness, I get the feeling that he's letting looser in Book 11. Well, he is. But I don't know if he'll ditch the politeness.

The Red Butterfly
5th July 2006, 1:46 AM
Oh no, Yuki would never and he cuts even more looser later on in the series<3
*is still obseesed with your banner XD* so wait, are you only on book eleven right now or have your read farther?

Staryu
5th July 2006, 5:14 AM
Pretty sexy, isn't it. *cough*

Still on book 11 ^_^..I try to read slow, so I don't have to wait the 3-mo gap.

Mysteria Pearl
5th July 2006, 6:10 AM
In Japan, do they call people by their last names a lot?
yup.

I feel as if I should know all these things...
you should XD The cliff crumbled XD

I hope all goes well for the precious couple (which i'm sure it will) ^^
It better go well *evil grin* Today, chappie 129 finally comes out!!! XD YAY! Can't WAIT!!

Hi! I'm a Furuba fan too! I watched the anime and have all the manga that is out so far in the US.
HI Jen!!! I'm a crazy psyco is who obsessed with Furuba and have read everything that is out all over the world XD And seen the anime... and is VERY obsessed (ask anybody XD)

Pretty s*** isn't it. *cough*
0_o Yuki reminds me of a butler XD

~ "Miss" Mysteria PEael ~ XD

Wild Cherry
5th July 2006, 6:22 AM
I like momiji, awesome rabbit powerness, ...little gender confusion, sweet and caring.

The Red Butterfly
5th July 2006, 5:28 PM
Yes Momiji is great <3

Pretty sexy, isn't it. *cough*

XD agreed XDD anyhow that is pretty smart, I could never bring myself to read that slowly figuring I finish each volume the day i get it or the car ride home from the book store ;; *I'm a really fast reader* but then I tend to skip over things that I never noticed that are pretty important to the series.

For example: I did not know Ren was broughten up in book 11 =O

Mysteria Pearl
5th July 2006, 7:51 PM

read them online XD Or, get the Japanese versions XD

GO MOMIJI!!!! (He's so adorible!) XD

Eternity Absol
5th July 2006, 8:10 PM
Wow, so many posts! ^_^ Well, it's great to know there's another Fruits Basket fan out there, Jen! Anyways, I would DETEST being called by my last name all the time. D: I don't really like it since no one can pronounce it correctly even though it's easy. Yuki is overly polite, but that's what makes him seem calm and nice. <3 Kyo can act kinda crazy, but that's what makes him so awesome! xP
Yeah, Staryu. The banner that you have is very smecksay. xD

Mysteria Pearl
5th July 2006, 8:15 PM
Kyo can act kinda crazy, but that's what makes him so awesome! xP
Yes, but he's also caring, kind, intelligent, sweet, sensitive (XD) adorible, shy, a little child inside :) HES SO CUTE!!! XD

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to cuddle my Kyo plushie XD Muaha

~ mysteoira Pearl ~ gr. XD

Eternity Absol
5th July 2006, 8:32 PM
I know! <3 We should make a Kyo Fan-club and convert Yuki fans to love Kyo instead! It's too bad my friend (who reads Fruits Basket, too) doesn't really like him... D: She thinks he hawt (who wouldn't? xD) but she says he's mean, etc. I guess it's because she hasn't read farther than book 9 or something. Either way, I've got to see what I can do to make her a Kyo Fan! ^_^ Kyo can be so sweet and caring to Tohru, though!

Staryu
5th July 2006, 9:04 PM
I did not know Ren was broughten up in book 11 =O
Yeah. Akito's like "Did she throw a tantrum again?" and Momiji asked whats going on..Akito *****es him out, punches him..finds Tohru, *****es her out..yeah.

Eternity Absol
5th July 2006, 9:17 PM
Akito's the one who has temper tantrums if you ask me. ;o And don't you mean Rin, not Ren? I thought Ren was Akito's mother, but I could be wrong. xD
I haven't been outside in a while, yet I somehow got a mosquitoe bite. Hell.

Mysteria Pearl
6th July 2006, 2:30 AM
I GOT 8 MOSQUITOE BITES! Gr. Oh! That gives me a new animal for Akito XD A Mosquitoe! (Or however you spell it XD)

I know! <3 We should make a Kyo Fan-club and convert Yuki fans to love Kyo instead! It's too bad my friend (who reads Fruits Basket, too) doesn't really like him... D: She thinks he hawt (who wouldn't? xD) but she says he's mean, etc. I guess it's because she hasn't read farther than book 9 or something. Either way, I've got to see what I can do to make her a Kyo Fan! ^_^ Kyo can be so sweet and caring to Tohru, though!
That would be like so cool!
*twitch* How dare somebody think Kyo is mean!? *sizzle* XD

~ mysteria Perl ~

The Red Butterfly
6th July 2006, 2:50 PM
Yeah. Akito's like "Did she throw a tantrum again?" and Momiji asked whats going on..Akito *****es him out, punches him..finds Tohru, *****es her out..yeah.

Yep and I totally skipped it and just realized it a few days ago XDD (and I've had book eleven for a few months now Oo)! I thought that part was so sad, after Akito left Tohru went to look for Momiji and he started to cry ;; I thought that was terrible ;;

@Kyo fan-club idea: I actually started one in another forum axcept it was called Yuki and Kyo fan club but unfortuantley(spelling?) it died after a month or so ;; but it would be awesome =D

Staryu
6th July 2006, 5:35 PM
No, I mean Ren..not Rin XD..their names are too similar!

The Red Butterfly
6th July 2006, 5:43 PM
Yes they are but their too completely diffrent people XD *I'm changing my name to another Furuba inspired name* =D

Eternity Absol
6th July 2006, 8:13 PM
What is Ren like, anyways? Is she crazy like Akito? Anyways, I'm gonna see my mom again soon so I should be able to get the rest of the manga released here! <3 She always gets me manga whenever I see her.
You're changing your Username? I'm probably never going to do that because no one would recognize me! o.o;

Minami Itsuki
6th July 2006, 8:16 PM
Yes they are but their too completely diffrent people XD *I'm changing my name to another Furuba inspired name* =D

Is it Kana Sohma? XDD Since I do believe your still Hatori's fan~Right? XDD

I find it hard to describe Ren...people might say she's mean and stuff...but it's only because she doesn't want Haru to get hurt and she wants to protect him. She's very kind. And she has a painful past~

But mostly all the Furuba characters are nice with painful pasts. XDD

Kurama
6th July 2006, 8:27 PM
What IS fruits basket and what is it about

Megchan
6th July 2006, 8:38 PM
Is it Kana Sohma? XDD Since I do believe your still Hatori's fan~Right? XDD

I find it hard to describe Ren...people might say she's mean and stuff...but it's only because she doesn't want Haru to get hurt and she wants to protect him. She's very kind. And she has a painful past~

But mostly all the Furuba characters are nice with painful pasts. XDD
Christian, I think they're talking about Ren, Akito's mom not Rin. XD

And I personally think Ren looks like Lucy Lui. XD

Minami Itsuki
6th July 2006, 8:45 PM
Christian, I think they're talking about Ren, Akito's mom not Rin. XD

And I personally think Ren looks like Lucy Lui. XD

ROFLROFL Yeah~XD

Damn I and E mixing me up. :x I'm sorry. XDDD

Isn't she mean because she thought Akito was taking the love of his husband away from her? XD

The Red Butterfly
6th July 2006, 9:36 PM
That and she didn't want a daughter controlling Sohma's (I beileve) and nope, it's simmilar to what my name was at PC (my new name)

Eternity Absol
6th July 2006, 9:51 PM
How can you not know?! Well, Fruits Basket is the best manga ever! <3 It's about a girl in highschool who finds out the Sohma family's secret. There's some comedy, romance, and it's a great story! Get both the manga and anime if ya can.
The names Rin and Ren are too much alike! o_o; I wonder why Takaya chose those two names, anyways? Oh well. They're pretty, but I get mixed up sometimes... Anyways, when does Ren (Akito's mom) show up in the manga?

Staryu
7th July 2006, 9:55 PM
--EA's probably going to shoot me, but I changed my sig XD..Furuba will be back soon, though!

I think Takaya-sensei?? [would that work there?] used Rin & Ren, because maybe Rin is really supposed to be called Isuzu?

Eternity Absol
7th July 2006, 11:42 PM
It's alright, Staryu. xD The banner you have is pretty and I like the words! ;D Did you make it?
Oh, that would make sense, although I don't think I've heard any of the Sohma's call her Isuzu. ;o Anyways, one of my manga-loving friends got Fruits Basket 12 the other day. I'm so jealous! ;_;

Mysteria Pearl
8th July 2006, 12:03 AM
I guess I'll be the first one here not to ignore that question XD

It's a manga written and drawn by our hero, Natsuki Takaya. It was also turned into an anime. It's about an orphan girl who stumbles upon a family who's cursed by the 13 animals of the Chinese zodiac. No, not twelve, thirteen, including a hot-headed boy, Kyo Sohma, the cat. (Tohru falls for Kyo and vice-versa) There's also the leader of the clan, Akito Sohma, who is portrayed as a mysterious individual and also can occasionally be sometimes cruel. Tohru's heart is kind and her mind is set upon helping the Sohmas be released from their curse. :)

I hope that was good. XD I'm bad at summeries

Eternity Absol
8th July 2006, 12:10 AM
I answered their question too, but I guess no one saw it... o.o; Well, that just about sums it up! xP Fruits Basket is also one of the #1 selling mangas and it has over 20 volumes, although not all of them have been released in America yet. Be sure to watch the anime if ya can! It has some differences, but is very good over all.

Mysteria Pearl
8th July 2006, 12:19 AM
Oh! I'm sorry!!!! I didn't see it!!!

One more piece of advice:
If you're one of those kinda people who can't sit still and wait for the next book, LEARN JAPANESE! And also, don't you dare believe in Yukiru or any other strange combinations only seen in the anime. Shippings in there are really messed up 0_o

XD Is it just me or do I always say that? XD

Eternity Absol
8th July 2006, 12:48 AM
Oh, it's okay. xP And the shippings are VERY corrupted, so beware! Still, I love the anime because you get to see everything in color AND hear their voices. Kyo's English dub was really good, although Yuki's was weird. o.o; It was too quiet...

Megchan
8th July 2006, 1:32 AM
--EA's probably going to shoot me, but I changed my sig XD..Furuba will be back soon, though!

I think Takaya-sensei?? [would that work there?] used Rin & Ren, because maybe Rin is really supposed to be called Isuzu?
Actually I believe Takaya-sensei calls Hner Rin instead of Isuzu is because in Japanese the characters used to make up Isuzu inculdes the character that makes up Rin.

Make sense? ='.'=

The Red Butterfly
8th July 2006, 3:39 AM
yeah I beileve Vy low already explained the whole bell ordeal XDD

anyhow: Staryu you're banner is gone, how could you ;_______________________________; XD I might actualy get to see the anime =D

Staryu
8th July 2006, 4:09 AM
Staryu you're banner is gone, how could you ;_______________________________;
Darn it! *scolds himself* I meant to say Mayuko, not EA, sorry, EA! Sorry for changing it Mayuko, but the ship WILL be back soon, but in a better picture..hopefully ^__^

The Red Butterfly
8th July 2006, 5:10 AM
XDD that will be great because that pic was awesome, so a better pic will be better =D *has to go even though I just posted*

Mysteria Pearl
8th July 2006, 5:31 AM
Kyo's English dub was really good Jerry Jewell. XD me quote. XD In sig :)

I love Haru. (Random much?) He's hillarious! XD

Purplemoon
8th July 2006, 11:38 AM
Anyway, from what we're saying, I do hope you watch/read/both Fruits Basket.
Teh manga is awesome! Anime good, though there's some messed up things, but it's still pretty good. My preference is always in the manga though. Be careful of the japanese Momiji voice. I still reckon it sounds like pikachu -______-

We could start a club about the zodiac boys (including Kyo) cause they're all funny and cool and PRETTEH.
Yeah ._.
Cept Kureno might not fit in those things cause in what i've read (volumes 1-16) there isn't a whole lot about him.
I must learn more japanese so I can read Furuba in japanese.

Minami Itsuki
8th July 2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah. Learning how to read Japanese text is rad. ;D

Maybe? A Furuba boys club? Hmm...~XDD

Isn't like the regular Furuba club enough for discussions about the boys? o.o

The Red Butterfly
8th July 2006, 2:00 PM
Yes figuring that's half the stuff we tak about XDD

Momiji sounds like pikachu??? *is disturbed* that is odd Oo

*points at new name* it has to do with Kyoko >=DD

Eternity Absol
8th July 2006, 6:12 PM
I love your new username!! ;o It's so pretty, and Kyoko is the best! <3
I'm gonna get to read Fruits Basket 12 soon since my friend who has it is coming over! ^_^ Yay, and she says it has Ritsu on the front.

The Red Butterfly
8th July 2006, 6:46 PM
Thank you <3 and yes Kyoko is the best =D next to Arisa, she's one of my fave girls in the seires =D

Plus, yes it has Ritchan on the cover =DDD and your lucky, book 12 is really cute!

Eternity Absol
8th July 2006, 7:14 PM
Kyoko is one of my favorite characters, although we don't see her much. I just think it's awesome how she was a gang leader and all that. ;o What happens in number 12? I can't wait until I get to read it!! ^_^ Luckily it doesn't take very long to read manga, although I'm usually lazy and only read a chapter or two a day. xD Anyways, is there a site where we can read chapter summaries of Fruits Basket?

Mysteria Pearl
8th July 2006, 7:45 PM
Kyoko and Ritsu rock XD Seeing as I look like both of them, (XD) I'm thinkin of cosplaying as one of them soon XD

We could start a club about the zodiac boys (including Kyo) cause they're all funny and cool and PRETTEH.
Yeah ._.
Cept Kureno might not fit in those things cause in what i've read (volumes 1-16) there isn't a whole lot about him.
I must learn more japanese so I can read Furuba in japanese
yes, you absolutely need to learn Japanese. Or find a web site with subtitle thingies XD
I love Kureno!!! He's so handsome, and sweet... (Do I say that about all the furuba guys I like? XD Muaha) yesh... he's a pretty (no pun intended XD) main character XD very hawt XD

~ Msteria Pearl ~

The Red Butterfly
8th July 2006, 8:18 PM
Kyoko is one of my favorite characters, although we don't see her much. I just think it's awesome how she was a gang leader and all that. ;o What happens in number 12? I can't wait until I get to read it!! ^_^ Luckily it doesn't take very long to read manga, although I'm usually lazy and only read a chapter or two a day. xD Anyways, is there a site where we can read chapter summaries of Fruits Basket?

DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IN BOOK12 =D

I know, I didn't really think much of her till the 7th book then i thuoght she was awesome =D In book 12 Rin and Haru reunite for a bit, she yells at Yuki, parent teacher confrences begin.Tohrus grandpa hurts his back and is bed-ridden. As for Kagura, she tells Kyo why she forced herself to like him <3

Mysteria Pearl
8th July 2006, 8:39 PM
eh, I guess I liked that book. Really cute :) Now... where is it? *digs through piles of mangas* Ah! *pulls out a crumpled one* XD

I remember this! XD Cute Kyohru-ness (a bit at least XD)

~ Msyteria Peral ~

Minami Itsuki
8th July 2006, 8:43 PM
Ohhh...call me wrong since I haven't exactly read Book 12...

Doesn't Kagura like Kyo just because he pitties him?

Megchan
8th July 2006, 10:37 PM
Ohhh...call me wrong since I haven't exactly read Book 12...

Doesn't Kagura like Kyo just because he pitties him?
She did in the begining, but now she truely loves him.

Mysteria Pearl
8th July 2006, 10:42 PM
not exactly that she pitties him, but instead that it made her feel better to "hang out" with a person who is less fortunate than her.

Here's an eye-popper
If Kazuma's grandfather was the last cat... that means the last cat was in love... :( I feel sad for him... *cries*

I may explode if I have to wait any longer for chappie 130! XD!!!!

~ Mysteria Oearl`

Purplemoon
9th July 2006, 12:15 AM
Momiji sounds like pikachu??? *is disturbed* that is odd Oo

He does! He really sounds like pikachu!! I'm serious..

I wouldn't really know whta goes in the furuba club since I've never been there... lol...

Mysteria Pearl
9th July 2006, 12:54 AM
Hi person XD

Momiji... he DOES kinda sound like a Pikachu... or a pichu... yeah. That's disturbing XD

Minami Itsuki
9th July 2006, 1:37 AM
Hi person XD

Momiji... he DOES kinda sound like a Pikachu... or a pichu... yeah. That's disturbing XD

And Pikachu is rabbit-ish in appearance too. XD (The ears)~

Coincidence? Hmmmm.....XDD

Mysteria Pearl
9th July 2006, 2:37 AM
AHHH! That's awesome! I forgot about that! XD hehehe! XD (love your new sig)

Kyo-kun reminds me of... a Persian! (he's very greedy with his goods; basicly Tohru XD)

Yuki would be a rattatar (sp!?)

Tohru would be... a... hmnn... I have no idea... XD

Staryu
9th July 2006, 4:21 AM
I think it's Rattata XD

Hatori would be a Drowzee XD

Mysteria Pearl
9th July 2006, 4:30 AM
no, he'd be Kingdra!!! XD

Momiji is obviously Pikachu, Akito would be that one bird that starts with an S... Skyther or something... it's like metal-looking... yeah.

Ritsu would be Apom, Haru would be Miltank! XD Kisa would be skitty, hiro would be Flaaffy (or however you spell it) Ayame would be Etkans, Rin would be a dark Ponyta, Kagura would be a... what are they called? The little brown piggy thingies that helped with the hot springs... uh... yeah... XD
Kureno would be a... a... no idea. 0_o XD!

~ M<syteroia PEarl1 AHH!!

~ Msyterika PEarl ~ That's as close as I'm gonna get, so I'll just leave it at that XD

Staryu
9th July 2006, 5:16 PM
Momiji is obviously Pikachu, Akito would be that one bird that starts with an S... Skyther or something... it's like metal-looking... yeah.
Scyther? Scizor? Scyther's green & Scizor's red, if that helps.

Kagura would be a... what are they called? The little brown piggy thingies that helped with the hot springs... uh... yeah... XD

Eh? I'm thinking of Slowpoke, but they're not brown..

Eternity Absol
9th July 2006, 7:10 PM
Hehe... All the characters have their own Pokemon! xP Well, what should Tohru be? A Skitty maybe? But Kisa is more of a Skitty, like Mysteria Pearl said. Momiji is definitely a Pichu, though! ^_^ Hyper and childish.
Yay, I finally got to read volume 12!! <3 I can't believe Rin called Yuki a piece of sh*t! xD I didn't even know they were allowed to say that in 13+ manga. The part where Kagura was hugging Kyo after she said she loved him was adorable! ^_^

The Red Butterfly
9th July 2006, 7:24 PM
Well they've said lots 'o swears in this manga XDD *black Haru* Oo

I know, I loved the Kagura and Kyo moment, it was a sweet ending to her forced obseesion XD Tohru would be a Chansey, she's a nice, caring girl who is always willing to help!

Staryu
9th July 2006, 7:55 PM
They do swear quite a bit XD..When Akito called Tohru a b*tch, my jaw opened..wide. XD

The Red Butterfly
9th July 2006, 8:11 PM
It was a cat fight so it's normal XDD *name calling and pulling of the hair XD* anyhow that would be in book eleven correct * I was up almost twenty four hours at a sleep over so excuse me if i miss state info ;;

Eternity Absol
9th July 2006, 9:04 PM
I was very surprised when I saw that they were allowed to say b*tch in 13+ manga, and even more so for sh*t! o_o; Oh well; I don't mind. xD

Mysteria Pearl
9th July 2006, 10:55 PM
Scyther? Scizor? Scyther's green & Scizor's red, if that helps.
I think I remember! Skarmory or something!! XD

Eh? I'm thinking of Slowpoke, but they're not brown..
OH! Swinub!!! (don't know how to spell today XD)

I just white out bad words XD I don't allow swear words in the books I own (or the things I write) muaha!

The Red Butterfly
10th July 2006, 12:29 AM
Skarmory or something XD that helps a lot XD

Oh and the release date of book 14 is August 6th =DDDD that means I can get it early int he month instead of later on at the very end for my birthday ;;

Mysteria Pearl
10th July 2006, 12:32 AM
that's my friend's b-day :) Oh gosh, that's going to be a busy day XD!

Not that I'm in any rush to get it XD I've already read it, after all XD

oh well, I'll order a copy in advance anyway XD

~ Msyteria PEark `

The Red Butterfly
10th July 2006, 12:43 AM
That's smart thinking ;) and yeah that would be a busy day XD I can't get it because i'll be busy from the 5th of august to the 13th so i can get it as my reward coming home =D

Mysteria Pearl
10th July 2006, 12:51 AM
That's also a good idea :) I forget, have you read ahead or not?

The Red Butterfly
10th July 2006, 12:54 AM
Nope, i can't read Japanses but I knwo all about Rin's past and what hapens in that..also i'm sure I knwo who destroyed the Sudent Counsil room *coughmachicough*

Mysteria Pearl
10th July 2006, 12:59 AM
*coughIcan'ttellyouforsureorsomeonewillyellatmecou gh* XD

The Red Butterfly
10th July 2006, 1:49 AM
*coughIunderstandcough* I'm still standing by my guess, though you don't have to tell me so it can add suspense >=D

Mysteria Pearl
10th July 2006, 1:56 AM
*coughokeydokey:)cough* Yeah... Furuba has alot of suspense, doesn't it? XD

The Red Butterfly
10th July 2006, 6:26 PM
Indeed it does, that's why I hate waitng for the next book to come out (but then again its al worth it once I get the book =D) Speaking of which, i Have yet to get book nine, I bet that'll be the lat book i get in the series XDD

Eternity Absol
10th July 2006, 7:44 PM
Woah, you white out the bad words, Mysteria Pearl? xD Anyways, I've noticed that there are a lot more cursewords in volumes 9+ than in the earlier ones. Well, everyone is getting older, so... ;o Hehe. I've found a bunch of Fruits Basket shrine websites! xD

Mysteria Pearl
10th July 2006, 8:54 PM
Woah, you white out the bad words, Mysteria Pearl? xD Anyways, I've noticed that there are a lot more cursewords in volumes 9+ than in the earlier ones. Well, everyone is getting older, so... ;o Hehe. I've found a bunch of Fruits Basket shrine websites! xD

Yes, I white them out XD Kyo swears less in the later ones, but I guess he had rubbed off on the others XD

Mumage
10th July 2006, 9:05 PM
Yes, I white them out XD Kyo swears less in the later ones, but I guess he had rubbed off on the others XD

That's unique. =D

Mysteria Pearl
10th July 2006, 9:08 PM
yes, I am very special (more like special needs XD)

Last night, I was so very bored that I drew FIVE fanpics. And that was at like three in the morning. Then I came on here to see what was up XD

Minami Itsuki
10th July 2006, 9:53 PM
Ohhhh~DO you have a scanner Mys-chan? XD SHOW USH~~

Black Haru is cool~He's like...alter-egotastic.

Strangely...I like Black Haru more than regular Haru. XDDD

Mysteria Pearl
10th July 2006, 9:55 PM
Ohhhh~DO you have a scanner Mys-chan? XD SHOW USH~~It is broked. XD

Black Haru is cool~He's like...alter-egotastic.
You're right... he is pretty kool XD

Strangely...I like Black Haru more than regular Haru. XDDD
Really? I have to white out what he says alot XD muaha

Minami Itsuki
10th July 2006, 9:59 PM
ROFL I remember I asked this before~But I have poor memory. o.o

The thing he said to the Student Body President on Book 4~NOW THAT WAS COOL! XD

I need the exact quote though. :x It's like~What made me say:

"BLACK HARU IS KEWL! XD"

The Red Butterfly
10th July 2006, 10:14 PM
Didn't he say something like: If I peirce my ears does it mean i won't break someones heart? (that rant he did)? I do remember you asking something like that XD

Also can someone clear this up for me, I read on some sight that Tohru is pronounced Toh-loo, I always thought it was Toh-ru. Am I wrong? I did notie a few errors in the person's site though, like they said Shigure is prounced with an accent but takaya said it wasn't. Anybody know?

Minami Itsuki
10th July 2006, 10:16 PM
YEAH! That's the quote~

I wanna sig it. XDD

Totally badarse~Black Haru is awesome.

I'm thinking of a name change too~Something Furuba related? XDD

Staryu
10th July 2006, 10:17 PM
"If my hair was black, it doesn't mean I couldn't still kick your ***" or something like that..XD..there were 2 in the anime.

New avatarrrr ^_^

The Red Butterfly
10th July 2006, 10:19 PM
Yuo did get a new avitar =D XDD so i was right? =D also yeah and If I wore a two peice suit does it mean i won't resort to black mail?

ooh what do you want to change it to?

Mysteria Pearl
10th July 2006, 10:51 PM
Tohru is pronounced "Toe-roo", but for some Eastern people (sometimes even myself included) XD They pronounced "Toe-(something that sounds a bit like something between an r and a t)-oo

XD

Eternity Absol
10th July 2006, 11:10 PM
Wow, so many posts! xD Well, I definitely think that Tohru's name is pronounced 'Toe-roo'. That's how they say it in the anime, so it has to be pronounced like that. Fwee! Just to be random, I got this cool downloadable cursor for my computer! ;D

Mysteria Pearl
10th July 2006, 11:17 PM
:) nice. And yes, her name is pronounced Toe-roo. :)

Eternity Absol
10th July 2006, 11:23 PM
Alright, that's good to know! xP I hate it when I'm used to pronouncing a manga character's name the wrong way, and I find out the correct way. I used to think Kyo was pronounced 'Kai-o'.

Staryu
11th July 2006, 3:11 AM
I used to think Kyo was pronounced 'Kai-o'.
Me too! And I thought Ayame was pronounced 'Ay Yamh" I didn't know it was 'Ay Yah Me' =S I thought Shigure was "Shy Gurr" XD..this is embarassing.

Mysteria Pearl
11th July 2006, 6:14 AM
I said Shigure's name Shig-er

XD That was in like the first day or two I read it. Muaha XD

Uzamaki Hinata
11th July 2006, 8:45 AM
I LOVE FRUITS BASKET and Kyo *drools*
I had to be introduced to that manga twice to like it! Can't wait till volume 14! I mean I LOVE the shipping Tohru/Kyo
You should have seen how quickly Fruits Basket swept through my school. So many people are reading it now! I can't wait till it ends to see who she ends up with!

The Red Butterfly
11th July 2006, 4:02 PM
Yes Kyo is awesome =DDDDD and I can't wait either I WANT BOOK 14 NOW!!

As for for Toe-roo, good! I wouldn't like it Toe-loo XD that wouldn't fit her at all Oo

ps: We forgot to mention on July 7th it was Takaya's birthday ;;

Staryu
11th July 2006, 4:44 PM
Weh ;-;

Did you hear the news? I read it on these other furuba boards, that if 1000 paper cranes [the bird..i dont think thats the right spelling] are sent to Funimation, they'll consider making a second season!! [doubtful, yes. possibly, slightly]

The Red Butterfly
11th July 2006, 5:26 PM
Oh yeah I did hear that, it sounds kind of odd though....why paper cranes? It should be paper zodiac animals =D

Mysteria Pearl
11th July 2006, 7:15 PM
Did you hear the news? I read it on these other furuba boards, that if 1000 paper cranes [the bird..i dont think thats the right spelling] are sent to Funimation, they'll consider making a second season!! [doubtful, yes. possibly, slightly] that's old news. on Fruits-Basket.com, it has said that forever. They've already done that.

Eternity Absol
11th July 2006, 7:39 PM
Heh. Me too. I always thought Shigure's name was pronounced 'Shig-er' until I saw the anime! xD
Woah... So someone sent in 1000 paper cranes to Funimation? o.o; Well, why won't they make another season then?! ;_; I'd would be so happy if they would since there's so many more parts in Fruits Basket that just need to be animated! xD

The Red Butterfly
11th July 2006, 9:14 PM
Well it wuld be hard to explain some things and they'd need more than a second season to finish off Fruits Basket he way it should be (In my humble opinion XDD)

So how do you pronounce Shigure's name? Please don't tell my it's SHY-gure ;;

Eternity Absol
11th July 2006, 9:17 PM
Shigure name is pronounced 'Shi-goo-ray'. That's how they say it in the anime, at least. ;o
Well, if they make season 2, then they'll have to make more seasons... Fantastic! <3

The Red Butterfly
11th July 2006, 9:19 PM
yeah but it better live up to the manga >=O

Shi-goo-ray??? =DDDDDDD That is too fun! I always thought of it as Shih-grrrrr XD

Eternity Absol
11th July 2006, 9:28 PM
I know, that's how me and my friends pronounced it for the longest time until we found out that Fruits Basket had an anime too! xD I was like "Oh, so that's how you pronounce all those weird names..." But that's ecause they're Japanese, so... Chyeah. ;o
I know! The anime added and took out a bunch of stuff!

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 4:08 AM
yes. Like shippings *twitch* XD! I bet the voice actors who said they preffered Yukiru feel REALLY stupid now, muahaha1316:

Minami Itsuki
12th July 2006, 4:17 AM
yes. Like shippings *twitch* XD! I bet the voice actors who said they preffered Yukiru feel REALLY stupid now, muahaha1316:

ROFL~If I had a McNugget for everything you said that I'd be fat now. ;D

ROFL I watched the anime today~Subbed. I skipped to 26. XD Since I'm pretty much updated~

It made me cry. ;o;

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 4:34 AM
ROFL~If I had a McNugget for everything you said that I'd be fat now. ;D
ROFL I watched the anime today~Subbed. I skipped to 26. XD Since I'm pretty much updated~
It made me cry. ;o;

muahaha, you'd be a very very fat chicken. Mcnugget that is (what is that, anyway?) XD
YOU CRIED!? Welcome to the club! (The crying club, that is XD) muaha XD

~ Msyteri aPEar l` GYAH!!

~ Mysteria Pesarl ~ Oh, I give up

Staryu
12th July 2006, 4:50 AM
Not to sound like an idiot, but whats the difference between dubbed & subbed? XD

Minami Itsuki
12th July 2006, 4:56 AM
Not to sound like an idiot, but whats the difference between dubbed & subbed? XD

Dub is like~With different VAs of the preferred language. Like they change the voices and stuff.

Sub is like retaining the original voices, but in order to translate you put subtitles at the bottom hence the name, Sub. XD

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 5:03 AM
I actually prefer the sub, unless the dub has Jerry Jewell or Crispen Freeman or Steve Stayle, or Dave Wittenburg, or Steve Blum in it XD muaha!

~ Mysrtetia pearl ~ 0_o

Staryu
12th July 2006, 5:17 AM
Eeek. I don't prefer subbed..but I suppose it's better than no anime at all ^_^..maybe I'll try doing that on my DVDs, to get a better feel of the Japanese language.

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 6:49 AM
yes, but I love the original version much more, no subtitles or anything. It's easier to understand XD
muahaha!

~ mysteira PEarl ~

Staryu
12th July 2006, 6:27 PM
Not if you don't know Japanese XD

Can you, or anyone recommend another manga thats kinda similar to Furuba? I'd like to read 2 at once ^__^