PDA

View Full Version : Fruits Basket

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

The Red Butterfly
12th July 2006, 5:45 PM
Hmmmmmm....*thinks* I don't know of any similar to Furuba but DNAngel is a good series =D

*Does not know what anyone is taking about* Want to know what I love, how the later into the series we get, the younger Tohru looks XDDD (or is it just me that notices that Oo)

Eternity Absol
12th July 2006, 7:10 PM
I'm not sure which I prefer, but subtitles can be a pain if they go too fast or are out of sync. ;o Some of the voices for the English Fruits Basket are bad, especially Yuki's! I can barely hear him. o_o; Kyo's voice and a few others are good, though! <3 Besides, with the English voices you don't have to keep reading the subtitles and you can look at the main picture.
Ooh, I've heard that DN Angel is very good! xP Never read it, but some people have recommended it. I like Chobits, but it isn't like Fruits Basket at all. I'm not helping much, am I? xD

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 8:35 PM
oh! OOH! Red, "From Far Away!" it's awesome!!!

I love yuki's original voice!!! She did such a good job! (plus, he sounded really girly XD muaha)

The Red Butterfly
12th July 2006, 8:37 PM
A girl did Yuki's voice? Oo that's different, but a lot of girls tend to do guys voices XDD

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 8:38 PM
Have you ever even heard the Japanese version? Even if you do't understand it, just listen to Yuki's voice. I laughed so hard at some parts that I cried (so what's the big surprise? XD)

The Red Butterfly
12th July 2006, 8:41 PM
I havent seen or heard the anime in general *cries* but hey I shall soon >=D (I hope at least, i'll beg for my brithday XDD)

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 8:42 PM
Try the Kisa routine. Don't talk 'till you get it XD K-I-D-D-I-N-G! Actually... that's not such a bad idea... XD muahahaha!

The Red Butterfly
12th July 2006, 8:46 PM
Hmmmm....I could just bye it myself (not that I have the money) but it's still an idea =DDDDD

By the way are there any other book stores that sell furuba because i really don't want book nine to be my last XDD (YUes...yes I'm complaining agin XD)

~:~ The Red Butterfly~:~

I decided to end with red butterflys =DDD XD

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 8:47 PM
there's always comic book stores. I don't know very many book stores in the USA... but there's always ordering them online XD

The Red Butterfly
12th July 2006, 9:27 PM
I may have to do that =D my mother has already suggested it for my book XDD

Congrats on 100 posts here Staryu =DDD *so proud* XD

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 11:09 PM
yesh

*parties* GREAT JOB, STARYU!* One hundred posts, eh? I wonder how many I have...

EDIT: I have the most posts... 228 XD Now it's official. I'm obsessed XD Muahah!

Eternity Absol
12th July 2006, 11:35 PM
Haha! Yuki's Japanese dub was a girl, but it fit him well anyways. xD I had forgotten about that until now, so thanks for reminding me! *tells her friends* I should buy the anime, but I doubt I have enough money since I lent most of it to my dad. He owes me $170!! o_o; Well, I'm too lazy to go to Walmart right now, anyways. xP
Yeah, congrats on getting 100 posts here, Staryu! ;D *goes to check her own post number* 150!! Ohemgee, I have 150 posts here!!! @_@

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 11:43 PM
yeah... I'm tickled pink that yuki's voice is feminine. muahaha! 150 dollers? (SP!?) Wow! That's alot!

Eternity Absol
12th July 2006, 11:46 PM
I know! xD He wanted to borrow it for buying gas and paying bills because he didn't feel like going to the bank!
Just curious... What do you all think of Tohru's voice in the English version?? ;o I think it's pretty good, but a little too perky.

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 11:48 PM
Laura Bailey? I'm a fan of hers, I suppose. She's got a great voice, I have to say

Eternity Absol
12th July 2006, 11:51 PM
Yeah, that's the person! ;D Does she do a lot of voice acting? I saw that interview thing in the back of Fruits Basket volume 1.

Mysteria Pearl
12th July 2006, 11:59 PM
Yep, she does a bunch of voice acting in English dubs. And she's good too.

Purplemoon
13th July 2006, 1:17 AM
that's my friend's b-day Oh gosh, that's going to be a busy day XD!

I know that post was pages ago, but my sister's birthday is that day too!

I only know Laura Bailey from doing Tohru's voice and that's it.
Nuthing else to say...

Mysteria Pearl
13th July 2006, 1:19 AM
Really? Happy b-day to your sister!! :)

Really? I've heard of Laura Bailey alot :)

~ Mysteri aPErl ~ hmph.

Purplemoon
13th July 2006, 2:12 AM
I just drew a really bad random fanart thingy about that mis-pronunciation. The one with 'Shy-Grr'. So I show you guys/girls?

Goth_Guy
13th July 2006, 2:35 AM
I am somewhat a Furuba fan, I am not that far in the reading of the manga though.

Staryu
13th July 2006, 4:11 AM
I am somewhat a Furuba fan, I am not that far in the reading of the manga though.
Cool! Another boy ^_^

Weee, thanks for the congrats guys, I had no idea I posted that much in here ^_^!! *beams* How do you check how many you have? Heh..*cough*

Okay, so I'm going to check out:

Chobits
From Far Away
And another one.

On Ebay, I spotted the following manga lot;
'Ceres, Books 1-4', 'Fruits Basket, Books 1-3' and 'Pita Ten Book 2'..of course I know Furuba, as I already have books 2-11, and am getting 12 tomorrow [yay!], but I figured I could add the first 1 to my collection, as I borrowed that from a friend, and then sell volumes 1 & 2.

Any feedback on 'Ceres' or 'Pita Ten'? If no one bids but me, [yes, i do have an account, as a 15 year old. *snicker*] it'd be less than the cost of one book of Furuba..

Mysteria Pearl
13th July 2006, 4:57 AM

ANOTHER BOY!!?!?! *ish thrilled* Wow! Now we have how many, like, two XD Like, welcome, Goth Guy. XD

to check out how many you have, click the "number of posts" link when you search for this club. It's hard to x-plain!

I still have the most posts? 0_o

The Red Butterfly
13th July 2006, 3:25 PM
I'm behind you =D *has 216* =DDDDD and then I'm also second in the club as well XDD

Ooh, I want to check out Chobits as well, my one friends is obsessed. Plus, it is good to have another guy in here (we have three now correct? XDD)

The only vioce actors I know of from Furuba is Jerry Jewell =D and Laura Baily (read her interview)

One more thing, I took a quiz to see who my Sohma man was and I got Hatori =DDDDDD (which makes sense because i was just Mayu^^) The sohma I have a lot in common is Ayame =D

Minami Itsuki
13th July 2006, 4:53 PM
Whee~I'm the third in here~Second to Princess Seraphia. XDD

The Furuba Three~Mysteria, Kyoko and Vy~WEWT! XDD

Anyways....

I took a Furuba character quiz....I got Hiro. ROFL. XD

Staryu
13th July 2006, 4:53 PM
Oh, now I see how many posts I have, but how do you see how many everyone has? ;-;

I once took a quiz to see which Sohma I was most like..and I got Yuki. >>

Minami Itsuki
13th July 2006, 4:56 PM
Oh, now I see how many posts I have, but how do you see how many everyone has? ;-;

I once took a quiz to see which Sohma I was most like..and I got Yuki. >>

You click the total number of posts in the thread when viewing the thread. XDD It's on the right~

ROFL I do believe me, Staryu and Goth_Guy's the only guys here hm? ;D Kewl~ XDD

ROFL Ironic because there are like....more Sohma guys than girls in the manga...3 cursed by the animals are girls....XD Most are guys....

The irony~

The Red Butterfly
13th July 2006, 5:27 PM
Hiro huh?? Well hey now, hiro's a cool guy XD Also he's a sheep >=D

That is ironic Oo but hey more men for more girls to drool over in the series XDD

Eternity Absol
13th July 2006, 8:02 PM
I got Akito as the Sohma I'm most like. D:
I have 21 total mangas, 11 of them Fruits Basket! ^_^ Why about you peeps? I'm sooo surprised that I have over 150 posts here!! o_o; But it's a good thing!

Mysteria Pearl
13th July 2006, 8:48 PM
I took a Furuba character quiz....I got Hiro. ROFL. XD you got Hiro? XD I was sure you'd get Kureno!

which Sohma I was most like..and I got Yuki. >> 0_o, *snicker* YUUUUKI!? That's great! And strange... XD

but hey more men for more girls to drool over in the series XDD yepperdepper! *Ish drooling over Kyo, Hatori, Haru, a BIT of Yuki, Ritsu, Momiji, Ayame (XD!!), Hiro and Kureno XD!!! MUAHAHAH!*

I'm too lazy to count all my mangas, but I have a whole bookshelf full XD muaha

The Furuba Three~Mysteria, Kyoko and Vy~WEWT! XDD

Yay! It sounds like a superhero group XD!!

This will actually be my 690th post in the forums. XD wow

~ Mysteria PEarl ~

Eternity Absol
13th July 2006, 9:34 PM
Hey, but why aren't me and Staryu included in the Furuba Three? D:
Oh, this was so funny... It was when Hanajima and Uo came to spend the night (anime). Shigure was just sitting there, then he suddenly announces to everyone 'Yep, it's gone.'
Someone: What is?
Shigure: My vitality.
Kyo: You pervert!!
xD That was soo funny!! I remember I laughed so hard when I saw that episode.

Mysteria Pearl
13th July 2006, 10:00 PM
Oh, this was so funny... It was when Hanajima and Uo came to spend the night (anime). Shigure was just sitting there, then he suddenly announces to everyone 'Yep, it's gone.'
Someone: What is?
Shigure: My vitality.
Kyo: You p******
xD That was soo funny!! I remember I laughed so hard when I saw that episode.

Bcuz you're not one of the top three posters or something? Who knows XD
That's hillarious! And a great scene

~ KMysteroa {Pear; ~
-_-
~ Mysteir aPEarl ~

Staryu
13th July 2006, 11:29 PM
Oh, thats because we're better than them, of course. XD..kidding ^__^

I just got Book 12 ^__^

Eternity Absol
14th July 2006, 12:19 AM
Congarts, Staryu! ;D Have you read it yet? There are many surprising things in it! xP Oh, it's for the top 3 posters then? Okay. I was afraid you had forgotten us! ;o Mysteria Pearl, how come you write your Username weird after each post? Are ya purposely mis-spelling it, or just leaing in typos for whatever reason?

Uzamaki Hinata
14th July 2006, 12:27 AM
Not if you don't know Japanese XD

Funny thing about that...
See, I've watched so much subbed animes, I sort of understand what their saying(some words actually)
My bro has watched so many others and he knows FULL SAYINGS!
Heh heh, we just learned a new way of teaching ppl Japanese!
Counting down until the days of August!

Staryu
14th July 2006, 2:57 AM
No, I haven't read it yet, I'm SAVING it, to read slowly, remember? XD..However while waiting for my mom to come out of this store in the car, I DID take a sneak peak through the book.

Might I add that the chapter image for the first one in book 12 is beautiful? I found a colored one on google, and it's now my desktop background, it's sooo hawt.

Oh, and check out my new sig. ^__^

Mysteria Pearl
14th July 2006, 4:06 AM
Mysteria Pearl, how come you write your Username weird after each post? Are ya purposely mis-spelling it, or just leaing in typos for whatever reason?
I try to type it correctly, I really do... it just... doesn't always work out the way I want it too! Everybody says my name is easy, but You try typing it over and over! XD

Funny thing about that...
See, I've watched so much subbed animes, I sort of understand what their saying(some words actually)
My bro has watched so many others and he knows FULL SAYINGS!
Heh heh, we just learned a new way of teaching ppl Japanese!
Counting down until the days of August!
Party! *throws streamers* Um... I'm happy that you're learning Japanese... I guess it may be hard for some people XD

Isn't that the picture seen from one of the Amerikan calendars included in the Furuba volumes (I'm a geek. How do I even know that?) XD

Staryu
14th July 2006, 4:44 AM
Isn't that the picture seen from one of the Amerikan calendars included in the Furuba volumes (I'm a geek. How do I even know that?) XD
Yes. ^__^. As I mentioned I got Vol12 today, and this was attached. It's actually from Yonen Buzz, another manga.

Oh, and not to sound like a know-it-all, but it's spelled American =)..maybe you're spelling it with a K on purpose, iono. ^_^;;

Mysteria Pearl
14th July 2006, 4:47 AM
Yes. ^__^. As I mentioned I got Vol12 today, and this was attached. It's actually from Yonen Buzz, another manga.
Congradulations!!! :)

Oh, and not to sound like a know-it-all, but it's spelled American =)..maybe you're spelling it with a K on purpose, iono. ^_^;; Oh no! You're not sounding like a know-it-all! Eheh... oops :(

~ Mysteria PEarl ~

Uzamaki Hinata
14th July 2006, 5:30 AM
Yes. ^__^. As I mentioned I got Vol12 today,

LUCKY!
And congradulatios! Do not say anything to us who have not read it, I know I want to open that book and find out all these cool new stuff!
STILL can't wait till I get it!

Mysteria Pearl
14th July 2006, 5:42 AM
LUCKY!
And congradulatios! Do not say anything to us who have not read it, I know I want to open that book and find out all these cool new stuff!
STILL can't wait till I get it! people need to work harder to be able to read the books XD

I can't wait for chapter 130!!! I"m so excited!!!

~ Msyteria PEWral~

The Red Butterfly
14th July 2006, 2:05 PM
How did you manage to get a w in there XDD I know, I'm sooooo excited =DDDD *Is also counting down the days till August*

Congrats on gettingbook 12 Staryu =D I just got the last page joke last night XD I never understood what hana and Kyo and them were talking about (but now I do) XD

Staryu
14th July 2006, 4:21 PM
Thanks ^_^..I won't spoil anything. YET. Heh heh heh. I haven't started it yet, because I dont like waiting the three months.

Hmm, France has more books out than we do. Maybe I could get the next books in French and understand like 1/2 of it..XD

The Red Butterfly
14th July 2006, 4:26 PM
I'm taking French so that could help =D (it also would be a motivation to study XDD)

Staryu
14th July 2006, 5:27 PM
Really? LETS SPEAK SOME!!!

Salut, TRB! Dans ma classe de français, je m'appelle éric, mais dans ma classe de anglais, je m'appelle Ryan XD. Je le sais français parce-que j'ai passer deux anees, je crois. Et toi?

Mysteria Pearl
14th July 2006, 5:32 PM
How did you manage to get a w in there XDD
I have absolutely no idea XD

Congrats on gettingbook 12 Staryu =D I just got the last page joke last night XD I never understood what hana and Kyo and them were talking about (but now I do) XD
You just got the joke last night 0_o woah... a little slow XD

Thanks ^_^..I won't spoil anything. YET. Heh heh heh. I haven't started it yet, because I dont like waiting the three months.
Hmm, France has more books out than we do. Maybe I could get the next books in French and understand like 1/2 of it..XD
My friend frced me to learn French. XD It was funny. He's funny. muha.

I'm taking French so that could help =D (it also would be a motivation to study XDD)

here's some random Spanish (or however you spell that XD I don't know it very well, once again, my friend forced this knowledge into me XD) Hola! Como estas!? Muy bien! Potatoes!!! XD! That made no sense! Oh well...

The Red Butterfly
15th July 2006, 12:35 AM
Really? LETS SPEAK SOME!!!

Salut, TRB! Dans ma classe de français, je m'appelle éric, mais dans ma classe de anglais, je m'appelle Ryan XD. Je le sais français parce-que j'ai passer deux anees, je crois. Et toi?

Salut Staryu =D Je m'apelle Kelsey^^ J'adore Furuba!!! (I kwno what you're saying but I don't know how to answer in french...that was my problm in class as well) XDD Those are my basic skils, it'll all come back to me this year though!

Eternity Absol
15th July 2006, 1:14 AM
I so wish I spoke another language, but I think it's almost too late for me to learn since I'm 14. My Grandma is getting me this CD to teach me Japanese, though. ;D I'm just not sure if I can actually earn it... Is Japanese really hard? ;o
Oh, okay. I get it now, Mysteria Pearl. xP

Staryu
15th July 2006, 1:27 AM
I hear Japanese is the hardest language to learn, becides English, as a second language, of course.

Meep.

Eternity Absol
15th July 2006, 1:37 AM
Oh nu...!! D: I'll probably never be able to learn it then. Well, I can always try to learn Korean fluently! <3 But Japanese would be the most useful because I would be able to read the lovely Fruits Basket the original way! xP Anyways, I've converted two people to become Fruits Basket lovers! A great accomplishment, right? ;o

Mysteria Pearl
15th July 2006, 2:44 AM
Je m'apelle Kelsey^^ your name is Kelsey? kool

I so wish I spoke another language, but I think it's almost too late for me to learn since I'm 14. My Grandma is getting me this CD to teach me Japanese, though. ;D I'm just not sure if I can actually earn it... Is Japanese really hard? ;o
Oh, okay. I get it now, Mysteria Pearl. xP
It's never too late to learn another language! Yes. It's hard. Very hard XD But don't despair! The writing is much harder than the language itself
:)

I hear Japanese is the hardest language to learn, becides English, as a second language, of course.
Meep.

yup XD

Well, I can always try to learn Korean fluently! The vowels in Korean are easier to learn than the consanants. You want to start out with small words like "suhak" or "hakkyo" (school and math)

Anyways, I've converted two people to become Fruits Basket lovers! A great accomplishment, right? ;o
*clapclapclap* well, they better not be Yukiru fans!! XD

The Red Butterfly
15th July 2006, 2:31 PM
Yep Japanese is pretty hard but I'm getting the hang of it =D Don't worry EA is you study it a lot you can get it!!!^^ Plus gret job on converting two peeps to Furube lovers >=D You should be proud!

Yes my name is Kelsey =D and I remebered these two quotes that I liked (though I'm not naming which manga^^)

Hana: I too was told "Please graduate"
Arisa: Way to set the bar low Hana. XDD

Hana: You don't have to thnk us Tohru, were just returning the favor of what you always do for us^^
Tohru(teary-eyed): HANA-CHAN ;;
Arisa: Jeez Hanajima, way to steal the credit. You didn't even say anything!

Uzamaki Hinata
15th July 2006, 4:57 PM
Japanese, hard? I suppose
English is hard too? I would never know, been speaking it since I moved to America at the age of Eleven months.

and I remebered these two quotes that I liked (though I'm not naming which manga^^)

Hm, I wonder which Manga could it be?

Hana: I too was told "Please graduate"
Arisa: Way to set the bar low Hana. XDD

Hana: You don't have to thnk us Tohru, were just returning the favor of what you always do for us^^
Tohru(teary-eyed): HANA-CHAN ;;
Arisa: Jeez Hanajima, way to steal the credit. You didn't even say anything!

*doubles over with laughter*

Eternity Absol
15th July 2006, 8:01 PM
Well, I just want to learn how to speak Japanese, not write it. The writing is, like, impossible and strange to me! xD Anyways, I'll try. It'll be memorization, which I'm good at. ;D I never thought of English as hard since it's my first language, but my elementary school teacher always used to say it was a hard and strange language. ;o Guess everyone who was born in America will never really know how it is! xP
Does Hanajima have bad grades or something? :/ I never really understood that about her... I remember once she said she got a BUNCH of red marks, and everyone who heard was like "Ohemgee!! Really, Hana?" And yes, I'm very proud that because of me, there are two more Furuba lovers in the world! ;D No one ever told me about Fruits Basket. I just saw a bunch of posters in the bookstore, and thought because of that it might be decent. I started reading it and... loved it!! <3

Staryu
15th July 2006, 8:12 PM
Well, I just want to learn how to speak Japanese, not write it. The writing is, like, impossible and strange to me! xD Anyways, I'll try. It'll be memorization, which I'm good at. ;D I never thought of English as hard since it's my first language, but my elementary school teacher always used to say it was a hard and strange language. ;o Guess everyone who was born in America will never really know how it is! xP
Does Hanajima have bad grades or something? :/ I never really understood that about her... I remember once she said she got a BUNCH of red marks, and everyone who heard was like "Ohemgee!! Really, Hana?" And yes, I'm very proud that because of me, there are two more Furuba lovers in the world! ;D No one ever told me about Fruits Basket. I just saw a bunch of posters in the bookstore, and thought because of that it might be decent. I started reading it and... loved it!! <3

Yes. In the anime she states "It seems I'm dumber than my powers can make up for"..and she fails all of her mid-terms XD

Mysteria Pearl
15th July 2006, 8:51 PM
nope, she's just kinda lazy XD It explains clearly that she thinks that the make-up tests are easier but the summer after she got to do the easy tests, she aced her exams because she didn't want to be in an un-airconditioned room all summer XD that's kinda funny if you think about it XD

Yes. In the anime she states "It seems I'm dumber than my powers can make up for"..and she fails all of her mid-terms XD um... hate to burst your bubble, but no.

Staryu
15th July 2006, 9:02 PM
um... hate to burst your bubble, but no.
Yeah. Yeah, she did. In the anime, at least. Episode 19. Tohru fails 1 of hers, Saki fails all. They pass the retakes.

Mysteria Pearl
15th July 2006, 9:07 PM
did you know that the anime was based on the book? Not the other way around. Hanajima said what I had stated earlier.
the year before she had failed hers and completely passed them. (Unless I'm understanding what you're trying to say, you're... wrong.)

Eternity Absol
15th July 2006, 10:48 PM
Oh, ya, I remember that! xD The only reason Hanajima bothered to pass was because she didn't want to be in that room! She should try her best anyways... Doesn't she want to go to a nice college? Anyways, I'm afraid of High School. D: I'm gonna be in 9th grade next year.

Staryu
16th July 2006, 3:34 AM
I know that the anime is based on the book and doesn't follow it perfectly, but I didn't know which one she was refering to, 'kay?

Anyways, I'm afraid of High School. D: I'm gonna be in 9th grade next year.
Don't be! This year, I'm going to 10th grade, [yeah, double digits XD]. Ninth grade was AWESOME. So much more freedom than middle school..you'll like it. Everyone does.

Uzamaki Hinata
16th July 2006, 7:02 AM
Don't be! This year, I'm going to 10th grade, [yeah, double digits XD]. Ninth grade was AWESOME. So much more freedom than middle school..you'll like it. Everyone does.

I totally agree with staryu!
I'm entering tenth grade too, and ninth grade was such a cool year!

The Red Butterfly
16th July 2006, 4:40 PM

So am I XDD and I totally agree, EA 9th grade was really fun and the older kids actually don't beat you up XDD Just a few more weeks till book 14 =DDDDDD

Eternity Absol
16th July 2006, 6:06 PM
Wow! Okay, if you all say it'll be great, then I'm sure it will be! <3 Hooray for freedom!
I still must read volume 13! ;o I hope I'll get a chance to soon. My friend's mom says she'll take us to a bookstore and leave us there to read. Hehe. I'm surprised that most bookstores don't care if you read stuff, and don't buy it. There was one store that had people that would yell at us if we tried to, though! xP

Mysteria Pearl
16th July 2006, 9:55 PM
Anyways, I'm afraid of High School. D: I'm gonna be in 9th grade next year.

Don't be! This year, I'm going to 10th grade, [yeah, double digits XD]. Ninth grade was AWESOME. So much more freedom than middle school..you'll like it. Everyone does. I'm simply allergic to school or something XD I'm one of the wierdos who speaks to herself in Japanese like some mad scientist's assistant XD Muaha!

9th grade was really fun and the older kids actually don't beat you up XD yeah right XD

There was one store that had people that would yell at us if we tried to, though! xP
I know! In one of the other places I lived, there was an old grouchy lady who would come and threaten to slap you with a ruler if you read anything XD scary!!!

BTW: how on earth did we get on the subject of school? XD Oh yeah... Hanajima XD riight

Ooh! I just drew this hillarious pic! Remember when we were discussing if the furuba boys shaved or not; it's not meant to bash yuki... but that depends... I'll try and get it on eventually (I'll beg my friend to let me use her scanner XD)

~ MP ~

The Red Butterfly
17th July 2006, 12:40 AM
The Furuba boys shave Oo XDDD (you think they would, their of age now)

Ok a lady threating to slap you with a ruler is just plain scary, I don't think the peeps at the bookstore I go to care too much XD

Book thirteen was one fo the best (that I've read so far) it was sooooo funny^^ and I did not care for Yun Yun's mom and Ayaa was so nice =D

Uzamaki Hinata
17th July 2006, 9:02 AM
Book thirteen was one fo the best (that I've read so far) it was sooooo funny^^ and I did not care for Yun Yun's mom and Ayaa was so nice =D

My favorite too! Major Kyo and Tohru time!!!
Yuki's mom is eivl
Ayaa is sooooo funny!!! I don't know why Yuki hates him so much, I would sooo trade one of my 4 very annoying brothers for Ayaa
I lol'd so hard when one of the student council dragged Yuki to the student council place and told him to get rid of Ayaa!!
Oh yeah, and let's not forget "I'm black!"
Or "Kimi thinks that any man who watches porn cannot be trusted."
What can I say, I love her.
Kimi (http://titneko.blogatta.org/imgs/10a6e6c128ea.jpg)

Staryu
17th July 2006, 12:47 PM
I'm surprised that most bookstores don't care if you read stuff, and don't buy it.
The manga store I go to has all the books in like a book protector thingy...taped shut..so you don't open it and read it XD

I still haven't started 12 -.-

The Red Butterfly
17th July 2006, 3:07 PM
^Poor you! Start it soon =D

My favorite too! Major Kyo and Tohru time!!!
Yuki's mom is eivl
Ayaa is sooooo funny!!! I don't know why Yuki hates him so much, I would sooo trade one of my 4 very annoying brothers for Ayaa
I lol'd so hard when one of the student council dragged Yuki to the student council place and told him to get rid of Ayaa!!
Oh yeah, and let's not forget "I'm black!"
Or "Kimi thinks that any man who watches porn cannot be trusted."
What can I say, I love her.
Kimi

kimi was hilarious! She is one of my fave characters in the series, shes too funny XD I loved when Nabe said after her "I think a women who hits on men who have girlfriends cannot be trused" XD Kyo and Tohru were adorale =D

Eternity Absol
17th July 2006, 6:13 PM
Mysteria Pearl, you're allergic to school? If that's possible, then I am too! xD Slapping people with rulers should be illegal. o_o; Besides, if that crazy old lady did that, then you could just punch her in the face or something. Heh. I haven't gotten far enough to see Kimi in the manga yet... What book does she first appear in? TokyoPop needs to hurry up with translating Fruits Basket!
Hey, why don't we all try to send in some of our Fan Art to TokyoPop? We might be able to get it in one of the volumes!! ;D

The Red Butterfly
17th July 2006, 7:10 PM
Would we be able to? I mean the series last book is already out in Japan so I don't know if we'd be able to. If I could I definaltey would and I'd go under "The Red Butterfly" =D

Kimi appears in book 12 but she might have came beofre that *is not sure* -_____- *can't think straight because I don't feel well* ;;

Staryu
18th July 2006, 3:37 AM
Yes, book 12, at least I think -- I know she's not before that. I remember reading the back of book 12, and it said something about Kimi + some other guy.

Mysteria Pearl
18th July 2006, 6:12 AM
Or "Kimi thinks that any man who watches p*** cannot be trusted." Those parts in my book are whited out... and two pages got stuck together for awhile XD I finally got them apart.

The Furuba boys shave Oo XDDD (you think they would, their of age now)

Ok a lady threating to slap you with a ruler is just plain scary, I don't think the peeps at the bookstore I go to care too much XD

Yeah... *swoons to think of Kyo and / or Yuki shaving* *sigh*

She is scary! She has wrinkles deeper than the Mariana Trench and has liver spots older than the Greek statues XD

Uzamaki Hinata
18th July 2006, 7:06 AM
kimi was hilarious! She is one of my fave characters in the series, shes too funny XD I loved when Nabe said after her "I think a women who hits on men who have girlfriends cannot be trused" XD Kyo and Tohru were adorale =D

Oh yeah, Nabe was his name and remember when
Nabe made up the whole power ranger thing and then he said it was pathetic and Yuki was about to erase it and Nabe started to beg him no to.
I'm not so good with explanations!
The student council really cracks me up!

Eris
18th July 2006, 7:16 AM
I can't believe it. I've only started reading the manga TODAY! I still can't handle the fact that I've been missing out so much! T-T My love for Fruits Basket has been rekindled.

I've seen the anime, only little parts and I don't get to watch every episode. It is only now I've decided to read the manga and I think it is so much better!

I bought volumes 1, 6, and 11. I seem to be fond of Kyo/Tohru. I just find their relationship so deep. I dunno...I think it's because of unconditional love and how it seems as if....significant events tie those two. (Thank you, Wikipedia)

Also, I'm amazed with the manga because it is character-driven. Well-developed characters! I like it very much!

Sorry, I've just started musing. lol, and it's my first time to post in this thread, methinks.

As far as I know, I HAVE TO READ VOLUME 12! NOW! Or I'm afraid I might burst.

Oh, can someone tell me how many volumes does Fruits Basket consist?

The Red Butterfly
18th July 2006, 4:53 PM
Hmmm I beileve 23 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) XD

Oh yeah, Nabe was his name and remember when
Nabe made up the whole power ranger thing and then he said it was pathetic and Yuki was about to erase it and Nabe started to beg him no to.
I'm not so good with explanations!
The student council really cracks me up!

I <3'd that part, Nabe was like I shouls be black because I look stricking against the sunset or leaves XDD I beileve the quote your reffering to is : "Don't you think it's so stupid how were all fighting over a bunch of colors?"....or something like that, i don't have my book with me at the second. I love when he started crying though XDD PLus poor Machi, kimi was yanking her head up and down XD

Eternity Absol
18th July 2006, 7:43 PM
In book 12, Machi seems so quiet. ;o She seems to not get mixed up in the affairs of the rest of the student council. Anyways, they all are really funny! And Kimi is all over 'Yuki-yun' and the fan club girls get so mad! xD So, have ALL the Fruits Basket mangas been released in Japan yet, or just most of them?

The Red Butterfly
18th July 2006, 8:56 PM
Oh no, all the furuba volumes have been relesed in Japan (I think) XD but yes little quiet Machi is sooo cool =D

Eternity Absol
18th July 2006, 9:01 PM
Well, lucky people who can read Japanese. D: I so need to learn it, but I have to wait until Christmas before my Grandma will get me the CD.
Kimi is pretty funny how she's all over Yuki the second she meets him. xP

The Red Butterfly
18th July 2006, 9:05 PM
I know, kimi's one of my fave characters and yeah and I'd be all over Yun-Yun too just too see how the fangirls would react. They'd probably kill someone if Yuki got slapped XDDDDDDDD *remembers old posts about that* XD

Eternity Absol
18th July 2006, 9:08 PM
I almost feel sorry for those three Yuki Fan-girls. :/ He'll never love them, and instead he'll fall in love with Machi! xD Oh well. Those crazy girls don't deserve him anyways! Tohru is definitely deserving of Kyo, and vice-versa. They're the perfect couple! <3

The Red Butterfly
18th July 2006, 9:12 PM
I know they are sooooooo adorable =DDDDD Also I know, especially Motoko she'd probably harm poor Machi. I think it's kind of funny how all the preppy peeps love Yuki but he ends up with a no one *feels bad saying it that way*

At least those two are cute as well^^

Eternity Absol
18th July 2006, 9:46 PM
Hooray for cute couples! <3 I remember when Motoko was pestering the old student body president if there were any girls on the new student council. xD I wonder why she never ran for vice president or something? She could've been closer to Yuki that way! x)

Uzamaki Hinata
19th July 2006, 1:39 AM
Hmmm I beileve 23 (someone correct me if I'm wrong) XD I <3'd that part, Nabe was like I shouls be black because I look stricking against the sunset or leaves XDD I beileve the quote your reffering to is : "Don't you think it's so stupid how were all fighting over a bunch of colors?"....or something like that, i don't have my book with me at the second. I love when he started crying though XDD PLus poor Machi, kimi was yanking her head up and down XD

23 books? Really? Thats news to me!
Man, you remember so much more of fruitsbasket than me! *Pulls covers over head*
MACHI AND YUKI 4EVA!!!! Am I the only one who thinks Yuki is getting a liking to Machi?
And for those who haven't read that far, I think you're going to read ALOT of spoilers, sorry.

Here's yet another cute picture!

http://members.aye.net/~gharris/blog/fruits_basket2.gif

Staryu
19th July 2006, 4:56 AM
Okay, I was looking at Furuba pics..and found this. *may be spoiler to anyone who cares*
http://www.subafuruba.com/FB/SF/Pics%20du%20site/walls/wall16.jpg

Who are they? Tell me they're not Hiro & Kisa..

Eris
19th July 2006, 6:56 AM
There's something wrong with the link. o_o;

Tw..wen..ty t..th..ree VOLUMES?!

*slumps to the floor*

I still have long ways to go before I read the whole series. Well, at least it's not like Ranma 1/2. XD

Anyway, thanks for telling!

Spoiler:

So anyway, I'm really glad about Machi and Yuki. I'm not really a Yuki/Tohru fan, see. I knew the whole thing about Tohru's fancy for the cat is foreshadowing for Tohru/Kyo.

(I don't know how to put on spoiler tags)

Minami Itsuki
19th July 2006, 8:31 AM
There's something wrong with the link. o_o;

Tw..wen..ty t..th..ree VOLUMES?!

*slumps to the floor*

I still have long ways to go before I read the whole series. Well, at least it's not like Ranma 1/2. XD

Anyway, thanks for telling!

Spoiler:

So anyway, I'm really glad about Machi and Yuki. I'm not really a Yuki/Tohru fan, see. I knew the whole thing about Tohru's fancy for the cat is foreshadowing for Tohru/Kyo.

(I don't know how to put on spoiler tags)

ROFL Mysteria-chan would SO totally agree with you on the "not really a Yuki/Tohru fan" part. XDD

Yeah~23. XD I need to learn how to read Japanese text....I can speak the language...I just have problems with writing and reading it. =/

KYOHRU FOREVAH~

Why is it I always get Hiro for all the character quizzes....? XDD

I got Kagura Sohma for the Which Furuba Character would Like you Quiz. XDD

<3~

The Red Butterfly
19th July 2006, 3:32 PM
Theres a quiz on which Furuba character would like you Oo OMG I want to take ;;

23 books? Really? Thats news to me!
Man, you remember so much more of fruitsbasket than me! *Pulls covers over head*
MACHI AND YUKI 4EVA!!!! Am I the only one who thinks Yuki is getting a liking to Machi?
And for those who haven't read that far, I think you're going to read ALOT of spoilers, sorry.

I know, i m glad there is a lot in the series and that it's not ending son (at least not in America that is) PLus yeah i think so (Yuki taking a liking to Machi in book thirteen) I <3'd when he told her she should say what color he likes and they had that little moment looking at eachother =DDDD it was soooooooc cute^^ ^^ PLus the pic is very cute!

Staryu, I'm blocked form the link so I can't see sorry ;;

Jemi Rose
19th July 2006, 5:52 PM
I could say that , yeah I'm a big fan of Thoru/Kyo, but not a big fan of Machi/Yuki. I mean, she's ok and all, but not much chemistry is going between them. The only thing that is happening is that Yuki would be helping Machi become more open, but that's it.

I think I more of Kimi/Yuki fan, yep!

~*Jemi Rose*~

The Red Butterfly
19th July 2006, 7:22 PM
Kimi and Yuki would be a cute couple but I prefer him with Machi (they look like they'd be cute together =DD)

Eternity Absol
19th July 2006, 9:36 PM
Yeah, that link doesn't work for me either. :/ What's the link to the quizzes you took, Vy Low? I usually take anime-related quizzes from theotaku.com; it's a cool site! ^_^ Kimi is too obsessed with Yuki for them to be a really good couple, in my opinion. Machi is a little too quiet, but she and Yuki are definitely the perfect match. ;D
Woah... Is Haru flipping the birdie to Kyo on page 34, volume 3? o_o;

Uzamaki Hinata
19th July 2006, 11:56 PM
I could say that , yeah I'm a big fan of Thoru/Kyo, but not a big fan of Machi/Yuki. I mean, she's ok and all, but not much chemistry is going between them. The only thing that is happening is that Yuki would be helping Machi become more open, but that's it.

I think I more of Kimi/Yuki fan, yep!

~*Jemi Rose*~

Kimi? Yuki? I honestly never thought about it. But then again, I don't think Kimi would be too serious to actually have a relationship, I dunno, thats just what I think.
Then again for Machi, I think him helping her and all, maybe its a hint that he will like her. Maybe to make all the readers not feel guilty. You know, Kyo gets Tohru, then who does Yuki get? And that would be Machi.
But KImi and Yuki would be a funny couple.

Mysteria Pearl
20th July 2006, 12:24 AM
I'm once again gone for only 24 hours and all chaos breaks out once again. We've answered these questions like a million times XD
Yay Kyohru. Yay about 23 volumes. That pic Staryu put doesn't work. Kimi flirts with everybody. Yuki x Machi forever. Stupid girls bug me for some reason. XD Not that Kini's stupid but she just doesn't quiet understand ANYTHING!!!!!

~ Mysteria Pearl `

Jemi Rose
20th July 2006, 12:38 AM
I'm once again gone for only 24 hours and all chaos breaks out once again. We've answered these questions like a million times XD
Yay Kyohru. Yay about 23 volumes. That pic Staryu put doesn't work. Kimi flirts with everybody. Yuki x Machi forever. Stupid girls bug me for some reason. XD Not that Kini's stupid but she just doesn't quiet understand ANYTHING!!!!!

~ Mysteria Pearl `

Ok, it's alright for you to say that you're a fan of whatever couple you like, but that doesn't mean that you have to go call other girls stupid only because they don't like the couples that you like. I mean, everyone has every right to say their opinion even if it means saying that they don't like what you like, in this case, the couple Machi/Yuki. No one said that everyone will like the same thing. *Sighs*

~*Jemi Rose*~;136;

Uzamaki Hinata
20th July 2006, 8:53 AM
Ok, it's alright for you to say that you're a fan of whatever couple you like, but that doesn't mean that you have to go call other girls stupid only because they don't like the couples that you like. I mean, everyone has every right to say their opinion even if it means saying that they don't like what you like, in this case, the couple Machi/Yuki. No one said that everyone will like the same thing. *Sighs*

~*Jemi Rose*~;136;

No, I think MP meant Kimi's stupid. Not you. Not any fans of YukixKimi

The Red Butterfly
20th July 2006, 2:40 PM
@EA OMG YES HE IS XDDDDDDDit took a bit to realize but yes haru if flicking Kyo off XD

Hmm....kimi wouldn't be obsesive with Yun-Yun persay if they did end up together. She'd be obsessed with making all the other girls jealous of her Prince Yuki XDD

killerjaw01
20th July 2006, 7:44 PM
I have started getting the Fruits Basket manga, I am up to vol 3. I keep getting confused with the names of some people, but it is a funny manga!

Eternity Absol
20th July 2006, 11:04 PM
I'm glad someone agrees about that! xD Some of the things they put in 13+ manga surprises me, but no harm done.
Hooray for another Furuba fan! Get all the manga and anime of Fruits Basket ya can, killerjaw01! It really is pretty funny how Yuki and Kyo fight all the time. Although it's despairing for Kyo since there's no possible way of him beating Yuki unless the curse is broken or something. :/ Confusing....

Mysteria Pearl
21st July 2006, 5:46 AM
Ok, it's alright for you to say that you're a fan of whatever couple you like, but that doesn't mean that you have to go call other girls stupid only because they don't like the couples that you like. I mean, everyone has every right to say their opinion even if it means saying that they don't like what you like, in this case, the couple Machi/Yuki. No one said that everyone will like the same thing. *Sighs* no, no no!! I mean stupid anime girls!!! or stupid manga girls that for some strange reason *coughtheirlooks* every guy in the entire manga/ anime falls for. I respect everybody's opinion. I don't mean the real people!!!

No, I think MP meant Kimi's stupid. Not you. Not any fans of YukixKimi
thank you!!!!
@EA OMG YES HE IS XDDDDDDDit took a bit to realize but yes haru if flicking Kyo off XD that was random XD and also that, in my manga, was whited out
I have started getting the Fruits Basket manga, I am up to vol 3. I keep getting confused with the names of some people, but it is a funny manga! you should work on the name thing XD Kyo is the hot red headed one and Yuki is the hot gray-haired one XD that's how my friend identifies them XD
I'm glad someone agrees about that! xD Some of the things they put in 13+ manga surprises me, but no harm done.
Hooray for another Furuba fan! Get all the manga and anime of Fruits Basket ya can, killerjaw01! It really is pretty funny how Yuki and Kyo fight all the time. Although it's despairing for Kyo since there's no possible way of him beating Yuki unless the curse is broken or something. :/ Confusing.... yay! *claps* Furuba ruled :) I cried hard last night for Kyo... I know how he feels... loving someone so much that you can hardly stand it but you can't, no matter what, tell that person :( *cries*

~ Mysteira PEarl ~

The Red Butterfly
21st July 2006, 5:33 PM
Well I'm happy for Kyon =D

you should work on the name thing XD Kyo is the hot red headed one and Yuki is the hot gray-haired one XD that's how my friend identifies them XD

I like your friends way of thinking XDD although with the manga you can't see their hair color(speaking fo which I wanted to see what it looked like so I colored in a picture of YUki, Kyo and Tohru's hair XDD) ;; but you'll catch on with the names ^^

Eternity Absol
21st July 2006, 6:00 PM
You whited that out too, Mysteria Pearl? xD Are you afraid a younger child is gonna sneak into your room and read it? Anyways, I have volumes 1-5 of Chobits, and some of the things in it are VERY innapropriate. Well, it is 16+ after all. x) And what would we call Momiji? The adorable blonde-haired one? xP

The Red Butterfly
21st July 2006, 6:20 PM
Momiji: the adorable too young looking for his age one XD

My friend is a huge Chobit fan^^ and it has bad stuff in it?Oo*is curious* Anyway Hiro would be cute, sharp tounged lad XDD(thats how Takaya-sensei(spelling) referred to him)

Eternity Absol
21st July 2006, 6:26 PM
Yeah. Chobits has some nudity, and they say a lot more cursewords and perverted things. xD Oh well. I don't really care since the story is good and funny! ;D
Hiro really is sharp tongued. But he's so funny that way, especially when he told Tohru to pick up his shoe. He yelled at her because she obeyed him! xD There was this one manga I was reading at a bookstore that had a MILLION typos. o_o;

The Red Butterfly
21st July 2006, 6:32 PM
Wow, well hey if the story is good =D

I know and I loved when those older kids were yelling at him and he gave a big apology and then said : "If I said that would you be happy?" XDDDDD I <3 Hiro though (just nott he name his name is pronounced) I always thought it was "High-row" ;;

It shouldn't have typo's, that would proably get annying to read (especiallty when you can pick them out while you're reading) ;;

Eternity Absol
21st July 2006, 6:37 PM
Yeah, that's how I thought it was pronounced at first, too. But Hiro is 'He-row', right? Anyways, I'm kinda used to Japanese pronounciations by now, so I know how most things are. ;D The older kids were glaring and getting so mad! xD They thought he was adorable (sooo true), but a brat.
I usually don't notice the typos, but it was still a pain. Luckily Fruits Basket rarely has any! <3

The Red Butterfly
21st July 2006, 6:40 PM
I know^^ and yes I'm catching on too, so when I was re-reading one of the volumes I was like wait a minute shouldn't Hiro be pronounced like Hero XD

Hiro is adorable (please everyone in the zodiac is adorable...well the youngans at least XD)

Mysteria Pearl
21st July 2006, 9:06 PM
You whited that out too, Mysteria Pearl? xD Are you afraid a younger child is gonna sneak into your room and read it?
It goes against my morality. enough said XD

And what would we call Momiji? The adorable blonde-haired one? xPyesh. XD

~ M P ~

Eternity Absol
21st July 2006, 9:27 PM
In the manga Haru pulled the head off one of the monsters in the Haunted House, and they got in trouble. The guy who was in charge or whatever wondered if they were models! xD That just goes to show how adorable or hawt the Sohma's are! ;D Momiji, Kisa, and Hiro should have their own trio thing like the Mabudatchi! They're all youngest, so yeah. xP Momiji looks their age, so...

Purplemoon
21st July 2006, 10:05 PM
OMG I have nothing to say really.
Kimi and Yuki would be a hilarious couple!

The guy who was in charge or whatever wondered if they were models! xD hat just goes to show how adorable or hawt the Sohma's are! ;D Momiji, Kisa, and Hiro should have their own trio thing like the Mabudatchi! They're all youngest, so yeah. xP Momiji looks their age, so...

A Sohma model parade, where all the Sohmas dreww up in pretty clothes and go on floats down the street.

Eternity Absol
22nd July 2006, 1:01 AM
Ohemgee! Floats of all the Sohmas? That would be hilarious! xD
I don't really have much to say, either. o_o;

The Red Butterfly
22nd July 2006, 2:59 PM
I'd like that as well =D and hold on the real Mobudatchi trio would be Momiji, Haru and Rin because isn't Rin the same age as those two or is she older than Haru?

Staryu
22nd July 2006, 6:34 PM
I think Rin's in college..cause Kagura is, and she stays with her.

I'm reading book 12 very slowly..and I just bought 2 different mangas yestersday.

Eternity Absol
22nd July 2006, 10:04 PM
How slowly? A page a day? xD I usually try to only read a chapter a day. Yeah, and Rin definitely looks older than Haru, even if she isn't as tall. By the way, what is the correct way to spell it: Sohma or Souma? I've seen both ways lots of times, but I'm still pretty sure Sohma is the right one.

Staryu
23rd July 2006, 1:22 AM
I spell it Sohma..but I also spell Kyo without a u at the end.

Almost a page a day XD..I've had it for over a week, and I'm still on the first chapter XD...

Uzamaki Hinata
23rd July 2006, 1:58 AM
How slowly? A page a day? xD I usually try to only read a chapter a day. Yeah, and Rin definitely looks older than Haru, even if she isn't as tall. By the way, what is the correct way to spell it: Sohma or Souma? I've seen both ways lots of times, but I'm still pretty sure Sohma is the right one.

A chapter a day??? I usually finish Fruits Basket in one day!
But sometimes it takes time to get to read one since my sister reads it before I can get my hands on it.
And she's two years younger than me ;;
But we sort of have this rule, whoever requests the next volume gets it firsts, and she's usually the one who requests it first, she goes to the lybrairy more than me.
Yes, we don't buy the books, how sad is that?

Momiji: the adorable too young looking for his age one XD

Aww, I love momiji, he's so cute!
Tohru sneaks into the main house with the help of momo(momiji's younger sister) And when Tohru told Momiji that his sister is watching him, he gets so happy, he cries.

I think that part is super cute!

thank you!!!!

No problem, I'm just happy I understood you. ^_~

The Red Butterfly
23rd July 2006, 9:17 PM
I think Rin's in college..cause Kagura is, and she stays with her.

I'm reading book 12 very slowly..and I just bought 2 different mangas yestersday.

No, I don't think Rin's in college-Kagura lives with her mom and they both took in Rin for spoiler reasons XD Which ones did you get?

I've seen both as well but in the manga is it's Sohma and for the reviews for the anime they spell it with the u in it. I think it can go either way but I prefer Sohma =D

A chapter a day??? I usually finish Fruits Basket in one day!
But sometimes it takes time to get to read one since my sister reads it before I can get my hands on it.
And she's two years younger than me ;;
But we sort of have this rule, whoever requests the next volume gets it firsts, and she's usually the one who requests it first, she goes to the lybrairy more than me.
Yes, we don't buy the books, how sad is that?

I finish them in one day too XDD (I may begin to do a chapter a day to help the gap as well because I hate waiting ;; The whole requesting thing is the exact same way with my bro and I since we read the same things as well XD
However he knows better than to ask to read Furuba before I do >=D

Eternity Absol
24th July 2006, 9:28 PM
Wow, Staryu, that's must be hard to only allow yoursel to read that much! xD I could never make myself do that; a chapter a day is hard enough. Anyways, hopefully I'll be able to get number 13 today. I'm in Maine (for my vacation) and my mom says it's okay if I get a lot of manga!! <3
Almost everything to do with Momiji is super-cute! ;D

Staryu
25th July 2006, 12:36 AM
Which ones did you get?
Inuyasha & CC Sakura ^__^

Wow, Staryu, that's must be hard to only allow yoursel to read that much! xD
Actually, it's not that bad. I read in my bed before I go to sleep, but sometimes, I play my Gameboy. So I've been doing that, and then I got the 2 new mangas, and I'm still reading Inuyasha!

The Red Butterfly
25th July 2006, 3:11 PM
That would make it easier to have others to read (unfortuanlty I tend to read my other mangas in one day as well XD)

edit: Ohh I just read somewhere that Kyo's mom didn't kill herself because Kyo was the cat =DDDDD I'm not entirely sure if it's true or not though ;; (they said why she really did but I'm not sure if it's spoiler or not?)

Uzamaki Hinata
25th July 2006, 5:01 PM
That would make it easier to have others to read (unfortuanlty I tend to read my other mangas in one day as well XD)

Yeah, we HAVE got to stop reading it in one day. The wait will make it harder. XD

edit: Ohh I just read somewhere that Kyo's mom didn't kill herself because Kyo was the cat =DDDDD I'm not entirely sure if it's true or not though ;; (they said why she really did but I'm not sure if it's spoiler or not?)

Omg, when they explained Kyo's past (in the sixth and eleventh book) I got so depressed for him!!! Its so sad how his dad wants him locked up! Poor Kyon Kichi!
I hope his mom didn't do suicide because of that, I mean, she was the only one who loved him when he was little, right?(before shishou)

The Red Butterfly
25th July 2006, 5:07 PM
Yeah, we HAVE got to stop reading it in one day. The wait will make it harder. XD

We need one of those twelve step programs that helps us with our problem XDD

Omg, when they explained Kyo's past (in the sixth and eleventh book) I got so depressed for him!!! Its so sad how his dad wants him locked up! Poor Kyon Kichi!
I hope his mom didn't do suicide because of that, I mean, she was the only one who loved him when he was little, right?(before shishou)

I know I was soooo sad ;; his mom did love him but his daddy blamed the mom for having a cat kid and was always mean to her and she couldn't take it anymore ;; HIS DADDY'S MEAN >=O (again I'm not too sure, *waits patiently for Pearl to get back form her vacation*)

Eternity Absol
25th July 2006, 10:01 PM
Ohemgee, I know! ;_; Poor Kyo... His dad was so mean because he actually WANTED his own son to be locked up for the rest of his life!! At least Shishou is there to protect and help Kyo. Why does Akito want Kyo locked up, anyways? So she can have sex with him? o_o; Weird question, but I read somewhere on some Fruits Basket related site that Akito does that with almost all the Sohma men.
Yeah, we need some help not to read it all in one day! xD I try not to read a volume of Furuba all at once, but it's gets harder each time.

Minami Itsuki
25th July 2006, 10:09 PM
I don't think Akito locks up all the Sohma men in the room....XD

If I recall correctly~That room was built specifically for the Cat, because of the curse....I think. So I think only the cat gets locked up there....Rin's a special case though. ='/

As a matter of fact, Akito doesn't hate the Sohma men...only the women, since she thinks the women are taking the men away from her or something. XD

Mysteria Pearl
26th July 2006, 4:28 AM
goog gravy! You people are hopeless.

Rin is older than Haru
Both spellings are pronounced the same so it doesn't really matter

It was Kyo's dad that pushed her "over the edge"

*waits patiently for Pearl to get back form her vacation*) I'm glad I'm missed XD

Why does Akito want Kyo locked up, anyways? So she can have s** with him? o_o; Weird question, but I read somewhere on some Fruits Basket related site that Akito does that with almost all the Sohma men.
good gavy once again. Kyo is the cat and it is tradition to lock up that which isn't tradidional. It's like how a different person at school is treated. And you're wrong. Thank you Vy Low! She doesn't necessarilly hate any of them, she just wants to make them fear her so that they will never leave her side; she's lonely.

~ Mysteria PEakl ~

Purplemoon
26th July 2006, 8:37 AM
When I get some fruits basket manga, I read it in 40 minutes, then I tell my friends and they're all like 'can I please borrow it?'
It's sad how far behind tokyopop is with fruits basket. I somehow got ahold of the singaporean edition of volumes 14, 15 and 16.
So my mom said we can find them and order then of the internet. But we're too lazy too :P

I honestly wouldn't ever be able to read a page a day. I'd just read it all and be all 'I want more fruits basket'

Note: this post probably made no sense. sorry all

The Red Butterfly
26th July 2006, 3:29 PM
^ That made sense don't worry^^

She doesn't necessarilly hate any of them, she just wants to make them fear her so that they will never leave her side; she's lonely

;; poor Akito, she's always stresed and lonely though XD(no wait thats not funny oO) ;;

good gavy once again.
XDDDDDDDDD Good Gravy? That is too funny^^

So my mom said we can find them and order then of the internet. But we're too lazy too :P

That's exactly how my mom and I are XD

Mysteria Pearl
26th July 2006, 4:52 PM
sense, if you think about it, it really all a bunch of nonsense that for some reason, we have trained our minds to register.

;; poor Akito, she's always stresed and lonely though XD(no wait thats not funny oO) ;;
yep :( But once she gets nice she'll be happy! :)

XDDDDDDDDD Good Gravy? That is too funny^^
MUAHA! But really, you have to try the gravy on the turkey *Kureno glares at me* Uh! I mean the pork-- *death glare from Kagura* Ummm.... The Beef!!! *Haru moos at me XD* Lamb? *Hiro headbutts me*

gosh gravy! You gotta be careful what you eat with the Sohmas! XD

~ M,ydsteria PEarl ~

The Red Butterfly
26th July 2006, 4:55 PM
MUAHA! But really, you have to try the gravy on the turkey *Kureno glares at me* Uh! I mean the pork-- *death glare from Kagura* Ummm.... The Beef!!! *Haru moos at me XD* Lamb? *Hiro headbutts me*

gosh gravy! You gotta be careful what you eat with the Sohmas! XD

It would not suprise me at all if the Sohmas were vegetarians(spelling?) I mean if you think about it Rin probably won't eat hamburgers (unless it's tofu or fake meat) because she'd be eating poor Haru ;;
Oh by the way do you know how much older Rin is than Haru?:

Uzamaki Hinata
27th July 2006, 12:07 PM
Good [insert what you would use next to "good" in this sentence]! I haven't posted anything in two days.
Maybe to most that will seem like nothing. But I'm on Serebii everyday, so I don't have much of an excuse. XD

It would not suprise me at all if the Sohmas were vegetarians(spelling?)

If that was the case I don't think Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure have a problem. I don't think much people out there spend their time eating rats, cats, and dogs! XD

We need one of those twelve step programs that helps us with our problem XDD

True! You look for the program and I'll make sure we follow it. XD

I know I was soooo sad ;; his mom did love him but his daddy blamed the mom for having a cat kid and was always mean to her and she couldn't take it anymore ;; HIS DADDY'S MEAN >=O (again I'm not too sure, *waits patiently for Pearl to get back form her vacation*)

Even if you're not sure, it makes sence.

good gavy once again. Kyo is the cat and it is tradition to lock up that which isn't tradidional. It's like how a different person at school is treated. And you're wrong. Thank you Vy Low! She doesn't necessarilly hate any of them, she just wants to make them fear her so that they will never leave her side; she's lonely.

It always seemed like Akito hated Kyo.

And in the... tenth book they said Akito hates Momiji.
But thats okay, I like him! *hugs Momiji*

Hey did anyone ask the question of who your favorite characters are???

If they did, it would probably be too hard for me. But I mostly like Hiro, he's so cute! The way he only acts nice to Kisa, it's adorable! *hugs a very annoyed Hiro*
Sweet hair style too!

The Red Butterfly
27th July 2006, 3:50 PM
If that was the case I don't think Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure have a problem. I don't think much people out there spend their time eating rats, cats, and dogs! XD

I forgot to mention that, and it would actually be dsturbing if they did eat their animal ;; *shudders at thought*

True! You look for the program and I'll make sure we follow it. XD

What program could possibly help us now? We are too far into the addiction XDD

It always seemed like Akito hated Kyo.

And in the... tenth book they said Akito hates Momiji.
But thats okay, I like him! *hugs Momiji*

If they did, it would probably be too hard for me. But I mostly like Hiro, he's so cute! The way he only acts nice to Kisa, it's adorable! *hugs a very annoyed Hiro*
Sweet hair style too!

Well that's the point, Akito wants them to think she hates them so that they'll be too scared to leave her side ;; and yes Momiji and Hiro are adorable^^ I think we've done the fave character thing before but I never get tired of talking about them: Hatori, Yuki, Kyo, Tohru, Kyoko, Arisa and Rin =D (Can't I just name them all DX)

Staryu
27th July 2006, 5:16 PM
Probably, but we'll do it again!

I'd have to say that now, Rin is my favorite. Momiji was, and is still my Bishi, but he's fallen to second place. Then Hiro. I really do like all the characters, but I'm not particularly fond of Kyo and Kisa.

The Red Butterfly
27th July 2006, 5:37 PM
You don't like Kyo or Kisa (you must be a dog person then XDD) I <3 those two but Kyo is so cruel to poor little Kisa XD Speaking of cruel do you guys remember in book 3 when Mitchan was going to kill herself at Shigure's house and then Shigure said:

Well if you're going to would you please not die on my door step XDDDDD

Eternity Absol
27th July 2006, 7:17 PM
Okay, I just wasn't sure about Akito and why she locked him up, etc. Anyways, people have so many different opinion about Akito! xD
Hmm, my favorite characters are definitely Kagura and Shigure! <3 They're both hilarious, and I love it when Kagura is all over Kyo. Some of the things Shigure says are really rediculous, too. xP Does he dislike Mitchan, or just enjoys bothering her?

Staryu
27th July 2006, 7:31 PM
I'm pretty sure he just enjoys bothering her, XD. (Who wouldn't? She's so easy to pick on!)

Look what I founddd!
http://www.tokyopop.com/dbdocuments/8/2/14328.jpg

The Red Butterfly
27th July 2006, 7:37 PM
OMG I knew it <333 Akito's book 15! I'm glad my brother and I were betting on this XD Well I think he should be nice to poor Mitchan ;;

Uzamaki Hinata
28th July 2006, 8:13 AM
What program could possibly help us now? We are too far into the addiction XDD

True XD

I <3 those two but Kyo is so cruel to poor little Kisa XD Speaking of cruel do you guys remember in book 3 when Mitchan was going to kill herself at Shigure's house and then Shigure said:
Well if you're going to would you please not die on my door step XDDDDD

What Shigure said was cruel, but still very funny. XD

Kyo is cruel to Kisa?? Must have missed that one.
And Staryu, how can you not like Kisa?
http://images.quizilla.com/L/LI/LIZ/lizikangelqueen/1138333052_nStuffKISA.JPG

Ooh! My favorite couple! No, second favorite couple!
http://lessthanjakelover23.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/.pond/awwwwww.jpg.w180h230.jpg

Purplemoon
28th July 2006, 8:50 AM
Favourite character? Probably Hatori then Rin.
No idea why though, but maybe cause I like dragons and hes got pretty hair.
This very moment I shall go off and find Fruits Basket manga to order, then bug my mom to get them.
Off I go!

EDIT: Just ordered volumes 17 and 18.. yay!

The Red Butterfly
28th July 2006, 4:05 PM
=O lucky and I found out Kakeru (or so I beileve I couldn't really see the pics) is on the cover of volume 19 and Arisa, 17 =DDDDDDD *sorry had to mention it, they're my fave characters too*

Hatori does have good hair and he is soooo cute <3

Staryu
28th July 2006, 5:24 PM
I don't hate Kisa or anything..it's just that she's boring. Too sugary sweet it makes me wanna throw up.

The Red Butterfly
28th July 2006, 5:55 PM
XDDD she is rather innocent. Well anyways *sighs* another forum I'm on refuses to beileve that Akito is a girl so I had to right up a very long spoiler about it ;;

Eternity Absol
28th July 2006, 8:48 PM
Kisa is adorable, but she is kinda too nice. People that are too nice are scary. o_o; But being innocent is really adorable, too, since she's really young. Oh, I had heard that Akito was on volume 15! ;o I can't wait until volume 17, since Akito's true status as a woman is revealed!! xD Bah. How come TriPod Image Hosting sucks so much? I've always hated it. x_x;

moonstone
28th July 2006, 9:39 PM
Hey! Um, I guess my favorite character would be Momiji. You just wanna hug him! I would love to have him as a little brother (or a big brother... lucky Momo). :) I think Kisa's okay... she is pretty sugary sweet, but that doesn't bother me. I think it's cute, because she's supposed to be young and all. I guess her bad trait is that she can't stick up for hereselt (kind of like Tohru). And then it makes the match between her and Hiro a little more interesting.

Purplemoon
28th July 2006, 11:11 PM
=O lucky and I found out Kakeru (or so I beileve I couldn't really see the pics) is on the cover of volume 19 and Arisa, 17 =DDDDDDD *sorry had to mention it, they're my fave characters too*
Arisa is on volume 16, and Saki is on volume 17.

Kakeru could be one of my favourites. He does really weird yet funny stuff.

The Red Butterfly
29th July 2006, 8:27 PM
^Yeah I found that out yesterday == XD but yeah Kakeru is really cool because he's so funny. Him and Yun-Yun make good friends (I think)

Uzamaki Hinata
30th July 2006, 2:59 PM
Arisa is on volume 16, and Saki is on volume 17.

Kakeru could be one of my favourites. He does really weird yet funny stuff.

I've been reading Fruits Basket for about two years and I can't even remember the names.

Arisa and Saki are Tohru's best friends, right?
But who's Kakeru?

And does anyone watch the DVD's of fruits basket.
They are hillarious.
On the DVD when Tohru invites her friends over they keep on accidently somehow hugging Yuki, Kyo, and Shigure and they keep on turning into their animals.
I suck at describing things, but trust me, it was HILLARIOUS!

off-topic: btw, does anyone check out the fruitsbasket club, it's been lonely there for some time.

The Red Butterfly
30th July 2006, 3:36 PM
^ Yes, Arisa(Yankee) and Hana(Wave sensing girl) areTohru's best friends.

Kakeru comes in the end of book 7 with Machi (they're covering their faces with books and talking) They don't officially show up until book 12 Kakeru gave Yun-Yun his nickname. (They call Kakeru: Nabe)

I havent seent he anime before but I would like too and yeah I just posted in the club yesterday.

oh by the way.... I BEAT PEARL =D I am now the number one poster (that's not really fair since she's on vacation) but when she gets back and I leave for a week she can pass me again XDD

Eternity Absol
30th July 2006, 7:56 PM
Sorry I haven't been posting here too much recently; I've been on vacation. I wasn't sure who Kakeru was at first, either! xD Almost all the characters have two names, so... it just gets hard to remember. There's so many people now, too. o_o;
Well, why post at the Fruits Basket club when you can post here? There's nice postcount here. ;D

The Red Butterfly
31st July 2006, 12:44 AM
Hmm..I never found it totally hard to remeber their names, it just kind of clicked....maybe because they're different from what I'm used to hearing I guess. Though I prefer Kakeru as Nabe honestly^^

Oooh you were on vacation, hope you had fun^^

Staryu
31st July 2006, 1:26 AM
EEE..I'm going on vacation tomorrow - - to Canada. I'll be back on the 4th (Friday) I'll talk to everyone again then.

Purplemoon
31st July 2006, 9:13 AM
Yay for vacations! I'm going on a vacation (I guess you could call it a vacation) at the end of August. I shall go skiing yayz!

Strangely I seem to remember names of people from everywhere. Don't know why, since I usually forget things.

OH and I love the pictures in yours sigs Staryu and Red Butterfly..

The Red Butterfly
31st July 2006, 3:23 PM
@Staryu: Have fun (and you come back the day before I leave^^)

@purplemoon: I hope you have fun when you leave as well! I know, the furuba names just stayed XD It probably also helps that I re-read them a million times^^ and thanks =D

Uzamaki Hinata
31st July 2006, 3:35 PM
Staryu and Purplemoon, have fun!
And maybe I sound kiddish for saying this,
but have fun for those of us who didn't go on vacation this summer.
One thing I love about this summer though is that this is my first summer being a member of serebii, and this website is cool.
Glad to see you logged on Red Butterfly, yes I saw your post. But mostly, the club has been deserted. ;;
Furruba names? I always forget for some reason. Maybe this isn't an excuse, but I watch/read so amny other animes/mangas that if a name isn't of a main character, I'd probably forget.
You MUST watch the DVD's they are HILLARIOUS! Believe me, you'll be laughing so hard.
And the song is ultra cute, no beyond that!
And remember when Momiji took Tohru to a bath house with Kyo and Yuki for the first time because he wanted to give something back to her?
Yeah, well in the DVD, Momiji sings this adorable song!
Again, you MUST watch it.
I just started in May.
Kakeru= Nabe, ohhh, now I remeber.
I think.
Anywayz, thanks for answering my Q.

The Red Butterfly
31st July 2006, 3:42 PM
Yeah we need Pearl back as well to help the club >=D Yeah it makes sense since I only read Fruits Basket and another manga but that's about it. Also it helps that my brother was constinatly whining "Who is Hiro again? Is he Rin's bf" and I'd say "No, that's Haru" "Who's Ayame?" "Yuki's brother" and you catch my drift XDD

I heard about Momiji's song and how cute it was, perhaps I'll beg for the anime for my b-day (which shouldn't blow over too well since I already said "NO PRESENTS THIS YEAR!" ;; )

Also: this is my first summer as well, since I joined last winter =D Yaaaay for first summers^^(and yes sppf is awesome!!)

Uzamaki Hinata
1st August 2006, 8:22 AM
Yeah we need Pearl back as well to help the club >=D
Majorly! COME BACK PEARL! COME BACK CLUB MEMBERS!

Yeah it makes sense since I only read Fruits Basket and another manga but that's about it. Also it helps that my brother was constinatly whining "Who is Hiro again? Is he Rin's bf" and I'd say "No, that's Haru" "Who's Ayame?" "Yuki's brother" and you catch my drift XDD
Heh heh, your bro sounds a little like I do with my friends.

I heard about Momiji's song and how cute it was, perhaps I'll beg for the anime for my b-day (which shouldn't blow over too well since I already said "NO PRESENTS THIS YEAR!" ;; )
Yes the song is CUTE!!!
Ooh, 15th b-day???
I just had mine in June
I told my parents I didn't feel like a cake that day but my older bro told me to buy one anyway.
My bff took me to see the movie Cars in that day.
Sorry, got off topic. ^^;
Anyway, if you can't get it, get it from the library, huge MUST!

Also: this is my first summer as well, since I joined last winter =D Yaaaay for first summers^^(and yes sppf is awesome!!)

Totally!
Re: Yay for first summers!
^_____^ Love sppf, because I get to meet such cool ppl here including everyone on this thread.

The Red Butterfly
1st August 2006, 3:00 PM
Majorly! COME BACK PEARL! COME BACK CLUB MEMBERS!

Wel I beileve that both her and Staryu are both returning on Friday (I could be wrong about Pearl) so we just have three more days^^

Yes the song is CUTE!!!
Ooh, 15th b-day???
I just had mine in June
I told my parents I didn't feel like a cake that day but my older bro told me to buy one anyway.
My bff took me to see the movie Cars in that day.
Sorry, got off topic. ^^;
Anyway, if you can't get it, get it from the library, huge MUST!

Yep 15th^^ and you already had yours and I didn't say happy birthday?! ;; Well Happy Late birthday!!! *feels bad* That's probably what's going to happen for me though XD

I don't think my library has manga (I checked a few times a year ago, so unless they just got some I'd have to buy it.)

Uzamaki Hinata
1st August 2006, 3:05 PM
Wel I beileve that both her and Staryu are both returning on Friday (I could be wrong about Pearl) so we just have three more days^^
Well, hopefully

Yep 15th^^ and you already had yours and I didn't say happy birthday?! ;; Well Happy Late birthday!!! *feels bad* That's probably what's going to happen for me though XD

Don't feel bad, I didn't used to post here in June, I think I started in July or something. How would have you had known. (okay, I don't think that makes sense)
Happy early 15th b-day! I'll wish you it on the actual day too!

I don't think my library has manga (I checked a few times a year ago, so unless they just got some I'd have to buy it.)
Check again!

The Red Butterfly
1st August 2006, 3:09 PM
Don't feel bad, I didn't used to post here in June, I think I started in July or something. How would have you had known. (okay, I don't think that makes sense)
Happy early 15th b-day! I'll wish you it on the actual day too!

Thank you^^ and they put at the bottom of the main page of the forums who's b-day it is, so I would have seen that way.

Check again!

Will do ;) and btw do you know if Borders has any Manga because Barnes and Nobles NEVER has book nine (and it's not only me who noticed this oO) and everyone says some cute stuff happened ;;

Uzamaki Hinata
1st August 2006, 3:18 PM
Thank you^^ and they put at the bottom of the main page of the forums who's b-day it is, so I would have seen that way.
I had a different User name then.
Either way, I didn't log in here on my birthday.(who would?)
Before this "sorry" thing goes on any longer I'll say thanks for wishing my a late happy birthday and yourwelcome for wishing you an early happy birthday.
But I am sooo older than you.
(sorry, I just HAD to do that)

Will do ;) and btw do you know if Borders has any Manga because Barnes and Nobles NEVER has book nine (and it's not only me who noticed this oO) and everyone says some cute stuff happened ;;
Book 9?
Hmmm, I think thats the one they focus on Hatori and the teacher's relationship.
I've never been to Borders, so I don't know.
Sorry

The Red Butterfly
1st August 2006, 3:26 PM
I had a different User name then.
Either way, I didn't log in here on my birthday.(who would?)
Before this "sorry" thing goes on any longer I'll say thanks for wishing my a late happy birthday and yourwelcome for wishing you an early happy birthday.
But I am sooo older than you.
(sorry, I just HAD to do that)

Oh that's right, weren't you May3? PLus You are only older by like two months >O XD (I'll be getting that a lot this year with all the sweet sixteens and such)

Book 9?
Hmmm, I think thats the one they focus on Hatori and the teacher's relationship.
I've never been to Borders, so I don't know.
Sorry

No, that's book ten *should know* I <3'd that book. Figuring I'm a huge Mayuko x Hatori shipper I enjoyed that book and got one of my fave Furuba quotes from it^^ I've never been to borders either XD

Uzamaki Hinata
1st August 2006, 3:39 PM
Oh that's right, weren't you May3? PLus You are only older by like two months >O XD (I'll be getting that a lot this year with all the sweet sixteens and such)
Yup, good old May3.
I wanted to change my user name because I wanted it to match my user name on ff.net
Heh heh, two months mean alot.

No, that's book ten *should know* I <3'd that book. Figuring I'm a huge Mayuko x Hatori shipper I enjoyed that book and got one of my fave Furuba quotes from it^^ I've never been to borders either XD
Ack!
I SERIOUSLY need to re-read those books!!!!
And I call myself a Furruba fan! Shame on me!

The Red Butterfly
1st August 2006, 3:49 PM
Yup, good old May3.
I wanted to change my user name because I wanted it to match my user name on ff.net
Heh heh, two months mean alot.

My usernames never match my other forums and I'm constintly changing my username XDD Two moths means nothing >=D

Ack!
I SERIOUSLY need to re-read those books!!!!
And I call myself a Furruba fan! Shame on me!

Oh don't worry, everybody messes up with something, like me *gets ready to confess* I told someone here a while ago (when I didn't know who Machi was) that Yuki was going to end up with his biggest fan-girl (the chick with the bows in her hair) DX I was obviously wrong

Uzamaki Hinata
1st August 2006, 3:58 PM
My usernames never match my other forums and I'm constintly changing my username XDD Two moths means nothing >=D
Usernames not matching other forums?
Thats how I used to be, but my e-mail is uzamakihinata@yahoo.com(for the reviews I get from ff.net)
I wasn't going to make a new e-mail or use the one with my name in it(my parents don't like me giving out personal info) if someone from these forums e-mail me.
For some reason I feel like we're PMing eachother.
Anyways, 2 months means I can get my licence before you! =D

Oh don't worry, everybody messes up with something, like me *gets ready to confess* I told someone here a while ago (when I didn't know who Machi was) that Yuki was going to end up with his biggest fan-girl (the chick with the bows in her hair) DX I was obviously wrong

lol
I have to log out soon, bye!

The Red Butterfly
1st August 2006, 4:02 PM
Usernames not matching other forums?
Thats how I used to be, but my e-mail is uzamakihinata@yahoo.com(for the reviews I get from ff.net)
I wasn't going to make a new e-mail or use the one with my name in it(my parents don't like me giving out personal info) if someone from these forums e-mail me.
For some reason I feel like we're PMing eachother.
Anyways, 2 months means I can get my licence before you! =D

My parentals are the same way XDD It seems that way because were the only one's talking XD Yeah...well..ok you got me with the liscenses thing ;;

Bye^^ we shall talk mor about Furuba later >=D

Eternity Absol
1st August 2006, 9:04 PM
Lucky! I so want to get my license, but I still have to wait two years. ;_; Oh well, driving will be scary and I should be glad I don't have to practice driving right now. Still, is the test or whatever hard to pass? ;o Was it me that you told about that, Red Butterfly? xD I remember I had thought for a while that Yuki and Motoko or whoever were going to end up together! After all, she's so obsessed with him, even though it is a little scary. o_o; Well, I'll bet she'll be very sad to realize that Yuki will never love her or any of those crazy fan-girls! Hope you have fun on vacation, peeps!! ;D

Purplemoon
2nd August 2006, 4:54 AM
It's winter here so we're going skiing.
I don't really remember everything that happens in the Furuba manga, what I mean is like, I don't remember what volume such and such did such and such.

Shame on my mom . We ordered Frurba manga (17 + 18) and sunflower seeds and she's more excited about sunflower seeds.

I personally can't wait till the manga arrives...

Uzamaki Hinata
2nd August 2006, 7:18 AM
Welcome back Eternity Absol and Purplemoon, it seems like the last couple of post were just The Red Butterfly and me.
Good to see mare people. =D

Lucky! I so want to get my license, but I still have to wait two years. ;_; Oh well, driving will be scary and I should be glad I don't have to practice driving right now. Still, is the test or whatever hard to pass? ;o
I have two older brothers who so far took the test. One of them was all like "Yes it is so easy." But he just brags because he already has it.
One thing about driving that I already know is hard is the parallel parking is the worst.
But we're getting off topic.

Was it me that you told about that, Red Butterfly? xD I remember I had thought for a while that Yuki and Motoko or whoever were going to end up together! After all, she's so obsessed with him, even though it is a little scary. o_o; Well, I'll bet she'll be very sad to realize that Yuki will never love her or any of those crazy fan-girls! Hope you have fun on vacation, peeps!! ;D

Yuki and Motoka, I never thought about that. XD
Remember when Hana took the Yuki fan girls to her house and the fan girls got soo freaked out. I loved that part. XDDDDD

It's winter here so we're going skiing.
I don't really remember everything that happens in the Furuba manga, what I mean is like, I don't remember what volume such and such did such and such.

Shame on my mom . We ordered Frurba manga (17 + 18) and sunflower seeds and she's more excited about sunflower seeds.

I personally can't wait till the manga arrives...

*sighs in relief* So I'm not the only one who mistakes things in Furuuba.
17 + 18? Aw, you are so lucky! Some of us are still *impatiently* waiting for the 14th book to arrive. *looks around* Or am I the only looking for that book?
lol, your mom can't wait for the sunflower seeds.
I personally can't wait till the 14th volume arrives. Hopefully I'll get it before school starts.
You're soooooo lucky Purplemoon!

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 10:58 AM
Hey =]
I've just this minute finished reading volume 13, and I have to say, Fruits Basket is amazing..actually the word amazing does not do it justice ;)
I only got the first volume last Tuesday, now I have them all! (well all that they sell in Ottakars ^_^' that's up to vol. 13) NEVER spent so much/been to town so much in one week! - I got hooked =P
I too, like Uzamaki Hinata, cannot wait for volume 14!
^_^ I'm so excited!

Uzamaki Hinata
2nd August 2006, 11:34 AM
Hey =]
I've just this minute finished reading volume 13, and I have to say, Fruits Basket is amazing..actually the word amazing does not do it justice ;)
I only got the first volume last Tuesday, now I have them all! (well all that they sell in Ottakars ^_^' that's up to vol. 13) NEVER spent so much/been to town so much in one week! - I got hooked =P
I too, like Uzamaki Hinata, cannot wait for volume 14!
^_^ I'm so excited!
Yes, another furruba fan!!!
Omg! You just got the first volume last Tuesday??? Wow.
You're so lucky though, we all had to wait for the next volume to swing by every couple of months and you finished it in a week! =O Wow
lol, join the club!
The 14th book is supposed to come out sometime this month.
And I CAN'T wait! ^_______^

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 11:49 AM
Yes, another furruba fan!!!
Omg! You just got the first volume last Tuesday??? Wow.
You're so lucky though, we all had to wait for the next volume to swing by every couple of months and you finished it in a week! =O Wow
lol, join the club!
The 14th book is supposed to come out sometime this month.
And I CAN'T wait! ^_______^

Ha..=D I get hooked on good things.
I just couldn't stop reading Fruits Basket!
I feel a little sad now...Oh I'm going to have to read them all again ^_^
And I've been browsing over the internet..seems a new volume comes out every 2moths/4months(?) T_T It's dreadful! I can't wait that long!
I heard volume 14 comes out on the 8th of this month..?
Oh well, I can wait, because I know it will be worth the wait.
By the way, anyone cry at all, on any of the volumes?
I personally thought voulme 2 was the saddest =( where Hatori tells Tohru of how he suppessed Kana's memories T_T

Uzamaki Hinata
2nd August 2006, 12:05 PM
Ha..=D I get hooked on good things.
I just couldn't stop reading Fruits Basket!
I feel a little sad now...Oh I'm going to have to read them all again ^_^
And I've been browsing over the internet..seems a new volume comes out every 2moths/4months(?) T_T It's dreadful! I can't wait that long!
I heard volume 14 comes out on the 8th of this month..?
Oh well, I can wait, because I know it will be worth the wait.
By the way, anyone cry at all, on any of the volumes?
I personally thought voulme 2 was the saddest =( where Hatori tells Tohru of how he suppessed Kana's memories T_T
Hey cool, you're back online.
You can't wait??? You just started it last Tuesday! Most likely the rest of us(well, I'm sure about me atleast) have to wait a couple of months(2-4?) for the next book to arrive.
I spend my time reading other mangas then.
Which book did I cry at?
Definately book #11, when Kyo went to see Akito.
I read that book in the car when my mom went grocery shopping and by the time she got back into the car I was on the brink of tears and she was like "What's wrong?"
Kyo is one of my favorite characters(but Hiro beats him by... an inch?) So I was so sad when he had to say he didn't like Tohru and he was thinking about her. ;_;

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 12:25 PM
Hey cool, you're back online.
You can't wait??? You just started it last Tuesday! Most likely the rest of us(well, I'm sure about me atleast) have to wait a couple of months(2-4?) for the next book to arrive.
I spend my time reading other mangas then.
Which book did I cry at?
Definately book #11, when Kyo went to see Akito.
I read that book in the car when my mom went grocery shopping and by the time she got back into the car I was on the brink of tears and she was like "What's wrong?"
Kyo is one of my favorite characters(but Hiro beats him by... an inch?) So I was so sad when he had to say he didn't like Tohru and he was thinking about her. ;_;

Ha..What can I say, Fruits Basket is addictive!
I don't read much other manga, I read InuYasha, Pokemon and Love Hina..and Fruit's Basket of course ^_^
See I only realised that Ottakars sells manga a few months back. There's no where else near where I live that really sells manga. Actually..there probably is, but I just haven't noticed..I'm sure I walk around with my eyes closed ^_^'
Yeah! Volume 11 has to be one of my favourites..I got a bit choked up at Kyo and Akito's meeting.
I'm not sure why..but I really hate Akito. Thinking of him makes me really upset!T_T I wish he'd just leave the Sohmas' alone! Espcially leave poor Yuki!
I really thought it was great when Yuki kissed Tohru...That jurked a tear T_T
Ohh! and Momiji! I really feel sorry for him =( I wish I could give him a greta big cuddle!
..but then he'd turn into a rabbit
...but rabbits are cute ^_^

Uzamaki Hinata
2nd August 2006, 12:37 PM
Ha..What can I say, Fruits Basket is addictive!

I don't read much other manga, I read InuYasha, Pokemon and Love Hina..and Fruit's Basket of course ^_^

See I only realised that Ottakars sells manga a few months back. There's no where else near where I live that really sells manga. Actually..there probably is, but I just haven't noticed..I'm sure I walk around with my eyes closed ^_^'
Fruits basket is addictive! I can't get over it! And I think I'm forgetting some of it, so I have to re-read it!

Yeah! Volume 11 has to be one of my favourites..I got a bit choked up at Kyo and Akito's meeting.
I'm not sure why..but I really hate Akito. Thinking of him makes me really upset!T_T I wish he'd just leave the Sohmas' alone! Espcially leave poor Yuki!
Yes, sad book 11!
Oh, you didn't know? Akito is a girl, female, woman
Yes, I hope Tohru will break the curse so Akito would leave them alone!

I really thought it was great when Yuki kissed Tohru...That jurked a tear T_T
Ohhh, so you're a Yuki/Tohru fan? I'm more of a Kyo/Tohru, Yuki and Tohru would look cute together.
When he kissed her? XDDD
I remember me and my friends got so excited we were all like. "OMG! YUKI KISSED TOHRU!!!!"

Ohh! and Momiji! I really feel sorry for him =( I wish I could give him a greta big cuddle!
..but then he'd turn into a rabbit
...but rabbits are cute ^_^
Aww, I love Momiji! *gives Momiji and hug causing him to turn into a bunny*
And I love his little sister Momo!

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 12:46 PM
Yes, sad book 11!
Oh, you didn't know? Akito is a girl, female, woman
Yes, I hope Tohru will break the curse so Akito would leave them alone!

Akito...is...a...WOMAN!?!
...Am I missing something?
o_O

Ohhh, so you're a Yuki/Tohru fan? I'm more of a Kyo/Tohru, Yuki and Tohru would look cute together.
When he kissed her? XDDD
I remember me and my friends got so excited we were all like. "OMG! YUKI KISSED TOHRU!!!!"

And...I'm not really sure..I'd love to see Tohru with Yuki...but also with Kyo T_T oh no! She needs to be with both of them!
I can't really say which pairing I like best..
Awwh I love both Kyo and Yuki ^_^
...I really like Momiji and Tohru too
But not as much as KyoxTohru/YukixTohru
*chuckles to self* I remember getting excited and all like "OMG! YUKI KISSED TOHRU!!!!" too...it was only yesterday morning after all =P
Ran into my mum's room at 7:30am "Mom!!! Look!!! Yuki kissed Tohru!!!111one omg =D =D =D"

Uzamaki Hinata
2nd August 2006, 1:17 PM
Akito...is...a...WOMAN!?!
...Am I missing something?
o_O
Yeah, I didn't know it either, but I heard it from some ppl on this forum that he was forced into a man's body so the junnushi(am I spelling that right?) would respect him more.
Believe me, I got surprised too.

And...I'm not really sure..I'd love to see Tohru with Yuki...but also with Kyo T_T oh no! She needs to be with both of them!
I can't really say which pairing I like best..
Awwh I love both Kyo and Yuki ^_^
...I really like Momiji and Tohru too
But not as much as KyoxTohru/YukixTohru
*chuckles to self* I remember getting excited and all like "OMG! YUKI KISSED TOHRU!!!!" too...it was only yesterday morning after all =P
Ran into my mum's room at 7:30am "Mom!!! Look!!! Yuki kissed Tohru!!!111one omg =D =D =D"
I'm a MAJOR Kyo/Tohru fan myself and a Yuki/Machi fan. Although Nabe and Kimi look cute together because they're both wacky!
Momiji is soooooo cute!
You ran into your mom's room for THAT? XDDDDDDDD
It reminds me, you know since we're on the whole topic, I get home from school on the bus and my two friends and I are always trading mangas or volumes. If one of us has the newest volume, they HAVE to share it with the rest of us. Because they're are alot of ppl in school that are into Fruits Basket so one person's copy goes around the whole school before they get it back. XD

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 1:43 PM
Yeah, I didn't know it either, but I heard it from some ppl on this forum that he was forced into a man's body so the junnushi(am I spelling that right?) would respect him more.
Believe me, I got surprised too.

Damn Spoilers! lol...
Wow it's a real shocker...well actually it's not.
I can sorta understand Akito's motives better if she is a she.
I mean, wanting to be surrounded by all those hot guys ;)
(spelt juunishi, so nearly right ^_^)

I'm a MAJOR Kyo/Tohru fan myself and a Yuki/Machi fan. Although Nabe and Kimi look cute together because they're both wacky!
Momiji is soooooo cute!
You ran into your mom's room for THAT? XDDDDDDDD
It reminds me, you know since we're on the whole topic, I get home from school on the bus and my two friends and I are always trading mangas or volumes. If one of us has the newest volume, they HAVE to share it with the rest of us. Because they're are alot of ppl in school that are into Fruits Basket so one person's copy goes around the whole school before they get it back. XD

Yes...well I had no one else but my sister to run too and tell =D
You are so very lucky!
I do envy you!
I wish my school and friends where like that =(
I'm slowly trying to bring some of my friends round to the idea of liking manga and mostly anime...but it's difficult seems as 90% of my shcool have never read a real book before..let alone any manga T_T
I'll be ranting on about IunYasha usually..and no one as any clue what I am talking about...then when I explainthat it's a manga and also an anime I just get strange looks as if to say "Are you from this country?!" T_T
...So I really have no one to discuss Fruits Basket with =(

brainwhiz21
2nd August 2006, 1:53 PM
I personally love BOTH yuki x tohru AND kyo x tohru they both would be so cute!! but what i think will happen is yuki x tohru because there so alike im really hoping for a kyo x uo ending though they have so much in common and the argueing can be blamed on sexual tension XD jk jk

Uzamaki Hinata
2nd August 2006, 1:57 PM
Damn Spoilers! lol...
Wow it's a real shocker...well actually it's not.
I can sorta understand Akito's motives better if she is a she.
I mean, wanting to be surrounded by all those hot guys ;)
(spelt juunishi, so nearly right ^_^)
Hot guys!
Akito likes Shigure I think.
I mean, I thought it was weird with the way she acted towards Shigure and Hatori. I was all like "WTF, Akito is gay??"
Thankfully she's not.
Juunishi, ohhhh, just one letter off.

Yes...well I had no one else but my sister to run too and tell =D
You are so very lucky!
I do envy you!
I wish my school and friends where like that =(
I'm slowly trying to bring some of my friends round to the idea of liking manga and mostly anime...but it's difficult seems as 90% of my shcool have never read a real book before..let alone any manga T_T
I'll be ranting on about IunYasha usually..and no one as any clue what I am talking about...then when I explainthat it's a manga and also an anime I just get strange looks as if to say "Are you from this country?!" T_T
...So I really have no one to discuss Fruits Basket with =(
Does your sister read Fruits Basket too? Me and My sister read together.
Thanks, but I go to a private school and it's pretty small, so there are ppl who don't like Fruits Basket.
For example: There's this one girl in my class who is against anime. And someone decided to get her into mangas/anime by reading Marmalade Boy(I don't like that manga) and she hated it so now, she'll never get onto anime.
Inuyasha? lol, yeah get used to the whole "What planet are you from?" question when you try to explain it.
One anime that I know works to get ppl into the anime/manga world is Naruto. It's sooo awesome! And a lot of ppl got into anime that way!
Aww, don't worry, now you have ppl on this forum to talk to! (which at the moment is me XD)

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 2:20 PM
Hot guys!
Akito likes Shigure I think.
I mean, I thought it was weird with the way she acted towards Shigure and Hatori. I was all like "WTF, Akito is gay??"
Thankfully she's not.
Juunishi, ohhhh, just one letter off.

Yeah...I just thought Akito was a regular gay guy ^_^'..obviously no.
I also thought it was a bit weird when she said that Tohru was ugly...
I thought for sure that Akito was gay!
After all, Tohru is quite pretty ^_^

Does your sister read Fruits Basket too? Me and My sister read together.
Thanks, but I go to a private school and it's pretty small, so there are ppl who don't like Fruits Basket.
For example: There's this one girl in my class who is against anime. And someone decided to get her into mangas/anime by reading Marmalade Boy(I don't like that manga) and she hated it so now, she'll never get onto anime.
Inuyasha? lol, yeah get used to the whole "What planet are you from?" question when you try to explain it.
One anime that I know works to get ppl into the anime/manga world is Naruto. It's sooo awesome! And a lot of ppl got into anime that way!
Aww, don't worry, now you have ppl on this forum to talk to! (which at the moment is me XD)

Sadly no.
She's six years old and well..She gets the things I like forced apon her.
She's a good listener...and I try teach her all I know about Anime and Manga, hopeing that some day she will be a Furuba Fan!
She loves Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Mew Mew Power, so I guess that's a start.
But she doesn't like Naruto...too scary for her T_T :P

Uzamaki Hinata
2nd August 2006, 2:31 PM
Yeah...I just thought Akito was a regular gay guy ^_^'..obviously no.
I also thought it was a bit weird when she said that Tohru was ugly...
I thought for sure that Akito was gay!
After all, Tohru is quite pretty ^_^
Yup, and remember that time when Akito just slapped Tohru in the 12th book? Sooo sad. I wanted to kill Akito!

Sadly no.
She's six years old and well..She gets the things I like forced apon her.
She's a good listener...and I try teach her all I know about Anime and Manga, hopeing that some day she will be a Furuba Fan!
She loves Pokemon, Sailor Moon and Mew Mew Power, so I guess that's a start.
But she doesn't like Naruto...too scary for her T_T :P
6 years old? Aww, I love little kids. My sister is 12, so it's easier to talk to her I guess.
Who doesn't like furuuba? *remembers ppl who are not into anime* Oh, yeah.
Naruto, scary? My 5 year-old brother would be all like "lets watch Naruto!" And then when we do, he gets bored of it in less than a minute. One show that freaks him is "Punk'd" He hates it and never lets us watch it.
I love Pokemon, Mew Mew Power is okay, I've never watched Sailor Moon before but I have a friend who's really into that.

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 3:00 PM
Yup, and remember that time when Akito just slapped Tohru in the 12th book? Sooo sad. I wanted to kill Akito!

:o yes! What a meany Akito is!

6 years old? Aww, I love little kids. My sister is 12, so it's easier to talk to her I guess.
Who doesn't like furuuba? *remembers ppl who are not into anime* Oh, yeah.
Naruto, scary? My 5 year-old brother would be all like "lets watch Naruto!" And then when we do, he gets bored of it in less than a minute. One show that freaks him is "Punk'd" He hates it and never lets us watch it.
I love Pokemon, Mew Mew Power is okay, I've never watched Sailor Moon before but I have a friend who's really into that.

Yep =D I really admire my sister, even though shes younger than me.
But she's not really into shonen, she hates InuYasha(T_T) and like I said...is scared of Naruto, she'll definatly be into Shojo when she's older ^_^ and I'm sure she will love and appreciate Fruits Basket and the beauty of it.

The Red Butterfly
2nd August 2006, 3:31 PM
@Eternity Absol: XDDD Yeah, you were the person I told. I'm sorry I miss informed you (but hey now you know who Machi really is)

Also Hi Kristy^^ It's nice to see another furuba fan around here. Yes Akito's a chick and her and shigure are in a bit a fight and such XD The oly book that made me really want to cry is book 13 and 10 and I'm guessing 14 will be a real tear-jerker with Rins past (it comes out the 6th of this month I heard)

Book 13 was so sad because of Arisa and Kureno along with Momo and Momiji. Though what really got to me was Yun-Yun's mom, she was soooo rude I couldn't stand it. I nearly actualy yelled with happiness when Ayaa came by. Book ten = Hatori x Mayuko <3 (but the sad stuff was more Kana memories)

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 3:43 PM
Also Hi Kristy^^ It's nice to see another furuba fan around here. Yes Akito's a chick and her and shigure are in a bit a fight and such XD The oly book that made me really want to cry is book 13 and 10 and I'm guessing 14 will be a real tear-jerker with Rins past (it comes out the 6th of this month I heard)

Book 13 was so sad because of Arisa and Kureno along with Momo and Momiji. Though what really got to me was Yun-Yun's mom, she was soooo rude I couldn't stand it. I nearly actualy yelled with happiness when Ayaa came by. Book ten = Hatori x Mayuko <3 (but the sad stuff was more Kana memories)

Hey =) Thankyou for welcoming me.
Yep there sure has been some real sad moments!
I really do hope Momiji and Momo start to see each other. When I read that chapter (it was this morning) I cried :( and I really hoped those two could just see each other and Momiji could hug his little sister..but thinking about that...just made me cry more...because Momiji would turn into a bunny =(

The Red Butterfly
2nd August 2006, 3:48 PM
Oh no problem^^

I know but then Momo could play with bunny version of Momiji^^ but I know those two are the perfect brother and sister pair! At first I didn't even like Momo that much, she seemed too clingy and stuff but then I read volume thirteen and I thought she was adorable and I wanted Momiji to see her.

That reminds me: The moms I hate themost:

5.) Machi's
4.) Yuki's
3.) Akito's
2.) Momiji's
1.) Rin's

All those mommy's sucked >=O

chrisivy
2nd August 2006, 4:15 PM
Oh! I like Kisa Sohma! She is soo cute!

The Red Butterfly
2nd August 2006, 4:17 PM
Yeah Kisa is adorable, and she is soo innocent^^ I nearly cried when I read her story.

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 4:47 PM
Yes!
Kisa is absolutly the most adorable! and the Tiger which makes her extra special to me ^_^
Speaking of moms, I really like Hiro's. She's one of those protective moms I guess.

The Red Butterfly
2nd August 2006, 4:56 PM
Oh yeah, Satsuki is my fave mom out of all of them. She's not overly protective of him at all. I also love this quote:

"Wasn't Satsuki happy when Hiro was born the ram"

"Oh yeah that's right, she screamed I LOVE SHEEP when he was born" XDD I'm glad Hiro has a happy mom^^

Also did anyone else notice that when Yuki's mom left the school after the conference she was wearing slippers oO

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 5:10 PM
Oh yeah, Satsuki is my fave mom out of all of them. She's not overly protective of him at all. I also love this quote:

"Wasn't Satsuki happy when Hiro was born the ram"

"Oh yeah that's right, she screamed I LOVE SHEEP when he was born" XDD I'm glad Hiro has a happy mom^^

Also did anyone else notice that when Yuki's mom left the school after the conference she was wearing slippers oO

Well..I was refering to what one of the characters said, really can't remember which T_T', but they said about how some mothers of children that are possessed by spirits of the zodiac are protective or they reject their child.
I just think it's so great that he has such a nice mom ^_^
and that quote was just great ^_^ I loved it! *Is born in year of the Ram*
I know my mum wouldn't have said that T_T
Now if I was a rabbit like my sister and Momiji or a cat like Kyo, it would be a different story. My mum would probably rather I be a rabbit/cat lol.

*goes check Yuki's mom for slippers*

The Red Butterfly
2nd August 2006, 5:15 PM
I was born year of the sheep too <3 that's why I take a liking to Hiro! My parents would have been shocked, my parents would probably want me as the dag or something XDD My parentals would fear me as either a snake or a rat *cries for Ayaa and Yun-Yun* My parents would never want me as a cat (they hate cats ;; )

My brother is year of the boar XDD

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 5:23 PM
I was born year of the sheep too <3 that's why I take a liking to Hiro! My parents would have been shocked, my parents would probably want me as the dag or something XDD My parentals would fear me as either a snake or a rat *cries for Ayaa and Yun-Yun* My parents would never want me as a cat (they hate cats ;; )

My brother is year of the boar XDD

^_^ I do too!
...At first I didn't like Hiro and was slightly disappointed that he was the year of the Ram, but then when I learned more about him and his crush on Kisa, I grew to like him more, and he actually is quite like me =)
I wish there was a year of the cat T_T I'd love to be born in that year! Ha ^_^'

Eternity Absol
2nd August 2006, 6:24 PM
I think my little brother is Year of the Sheep! ;o I wonder if he'll be anything like Hiro? I almost hope so, since Hiro is just so funny yet demanding. xP I doubt my parents would want that, though... I'm Year of the Money, but I'm not much like Ritsu, so... yeah. o_o; Crossdressing is funny in mangas, but I wouldn't ever do that unless I absolutely had to! Is there even a specific year for the Cat? I looked it up, but there really isn't any special year or anything. :/
A lot of the Sohma's moms sucked! xD I don't know much about them except for Yuki's, Momiji's, and Kyo's. But Hiro's mom was happy that he was one of the Zodiac? ;o

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 7:08 PM
I think my little brother is Year of the Sheep! ;o I wonder if he'll be anything like Hiro? I almost hope so, since Hiro is just so funny yet demanding. xP I doubt my parents would want that, though... I'm Year of the Money, but I'm not much like Ritsu, so... yeah. o_o; Crossdressing is funny in mangas, but I wouldn't ever do that unless I absolutely had to! Is there even a specific year for the Cat? I looked it up, but there really isn't any special year or anything. :/
A lot of the Sohma's moms sucked! xD I don't know much about them except for Yuki's, Momiji's, and Kyo's. But Hiro's mom was happy that he was one of the Zodiac? ;o

Ha, At first I thought there had been a typo...I really thought Ritsu was a girl! =O but in the back of my mind I was thinking "Hey..I'm sure his mom said he was a he?!"
I like Ritsu's mom, she's quite zany and you can tell she loves her boy. ^_^
My dad and my cousin are both born in the year of the monkey and are both rather feminine ¬_¬ and my dad used to let me paint his nails o_O

Eternity Absol
2nd August 2006, 8:11 PM
When I first saw Ritsu, I remembered thinking of his mom saying "My son". I was so confused and thought something was wrong with that volume or something. xD Then I started thinking that maybe Ritsu just looked really girly, etc. But still... it's kinda strange that crossdressing could make him feel better or whatever. o_o; Oh well. Ritsu'a funny. <3 And that was so hilarious when he was saying to Kyo "Here, you should drink the milk from this cereal bowl." And Kyo glared and was like "I'd rather die." xD Ritsu: I'M SOOO SORRRRRYYYYY!!!!!!
Your dad lets you paint his nails? o_o; Heh. That would be kinda fun to do. ;o My dad chews his nails, so they're really crappy.

The Red Butterfly
2nd August 2006, 8:48 PM
Ma mere: Rat Mon pere: Rooster had to get a little french in there XDD

I <3 Ritzu and it's a shame he's not appearing majorly in the series anymore ;; I knew ritzu was a dude when I first read it so I wasn't to shocked when he transformed. Also I love when he first meets Tohru at Shigure's house and he stares at her, he looks so cute XDD

Eternity Absol
2nd August 2006, 8:52 PM
Ritsu really is cute, you're right! <3 Wait, is it 'Ritsu' or 'Ritzu'? Shigure must be so rich to have such a nice house. Do writers usually make a lot of money if they're decently popular?

Kirsty_
2nd August 2006, 9:45 PM
Ritsu really is cute, you're right! <3 Wait, is it 'Ritsu' or 'Ritzu'? Shigure must be so rich to have such a nice house. Do writers usually make a lot of money if they're decently popular?

(It's Ritsu I'm sure)
Yep..They do ^_^
Well..at least I think they do..
I would imagine they do...humm

*Doesn't trust Shigure*
Don't get me wrong, I think he's very funny and I like him, but however, to me there's just something about him that I don't trust...
I can't help be feel like he's really quite mean =( and that he's hiding something.
It just feels like he's very two-faced, well feels that way to me.
Hope there's more about him in volume 14!

Eternity Absol
3rd August 2006, 5:30 AM
Oh, I know! D: Shigure is definitely hiding something. Sometimes, around Hatori, he seems all dark and evilish and talks about some strange dream he had or something. o_o; What is that all about, anyways? So many mysteries in Fruits Basket... Gah! I so need to get the latest volumes! ;o

Purplemoon
3rd August 2006, 5:54 AM
Soo many pages!
Anyway we got an email saying the the sunflower seeds wouldn't send.
My mom was really sad, and I'm like "Fruits basket manga is waaaay better"

I'm a dog. I was born in the year of the wood dog!
Since I bet there's some of you who don't know what I mean in the 'wood' part, here's the link to the wikipedia article about the chinese zodiac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac

Yes, I know I'm lucking to be getting the manga.
I pay nothing since my mom reads furuba too, but I don't think she remembers any of it O_o

To peoples who said they like Inuyasha: I like it too! </offtopic>

Kirsty_
3rd August 2006, 10:29 AM
I'm a dog. I was born in the year of the wood dog!
Since I bet there's some of you who don't know what I mean in the 'wood' part, here's the link to the wikipedia article about the chinese zodiac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac

I'm born in the year of the Metal Sheep, which actually quite suits me =]

To peoples who said they like Inuyasha: I like it too! </offtopic>

Yay! Another InuYasha fan ^_^

I just started re-reading Fruits Basket.
When I first read them through, I didn't notice that the characters look slightly different as you go through the volumes.. o_O
That is, if you compare people like Shigure and Yuki, to how they are later drawn in volume 13.
Or is that just me?
I'm probably imagining it T_T

Uzamaki Hinata
3rd August 2006, 10:49 AM
Cool, lots of ppl posted since I logged off yesterday.
Hey Kirsty! You online too?

I <3 Ritzu and it's a shame he's not appearing majorly in the series anymore ;; I knew ritzu was a dude when I first read it so I wasn't to shocked when he transformed. Also I love when he first meets Tohru at Shigure's house and he stares at her, he looks so cute XDD

*gasps* I love Ritsu! It was so funny when he was on the roof top begging for forgiveness(?) and then he fell off and Shigure and Yuki were about to save him, but he held on and jumped back onto the roof and all that happened was that he twisted his ankle!! XDDD
Yuki was all like. "That's it, I don't care anymore"
Correct me if I'm wrong

I'm born in the year of the Metal Sheep, which actually quite suits me =]
Woohoo! Go sheep!!! We're all born in Hiro's year! *gives Hiro a hug making him change into a ram/sheep*

Yay! Another InuYasha fan ^_^

I like Inuyasha, I enjoy watching it, but although Kagome is a main character, she bugs me sometimes, how her "arrow" can go through anything. If they made her less perfect, I would like the show more possibly be a strong supporter Inuyasha/Kagome but I'm Kikyo/Inuyasha type of gal.

I just started re-reading Fruits Basket.
When I first read them through, I didn't notice that the characters look slightly different as you go through the volumes.. o_O
That is, if you compare people like Shigure and Yuki, to how they are later drawn in volume 13.
Or is that just me?
I'm probably imagining it T_T
You already started re-reading?
*slaps forehead* Duh! You have the all of the volumes
Anyway, you're lucky, I want to start, but I'm cheap, I get my manga from the lybrary. *hides under the bed*
The characters do look different.
Possibly because the artist got better or the fact that they got older.
I mean, try looking at the 13th volume VS. the 1st.
There's a BIG difference there.

Kirsty_
3rd August 2006, 11:10 AM
I like Inuyasha, I enjoy watching it, but although Kagome is a main character, she bugs me sometimes, how her "arrow" can go through anything. If they made her less perfect, I would like the show more possibly be a strong supporter Inuyasha/Kagome but I'm Kikyo/Inuyasha type of gal.

I'm not sure who I'd rather see InuYasha with ^_^'
I was watching Swords of an Honorable Ruler (InuYasha movie 3)last night, and I'm not sure if it's just because I have Fruits Basket drilled into my head or what, but the characters remind me so much of each other o_O
I started putting InuYasha characters to Fruits Basket characters...
There was..
Kagome - Tohru
InuYasha - Kyo (I just think them two are so much alike ^_^)
Koga - Yuki
Miroku - Shigure
Shippo - Momiji
Sesshomaru looks like Ayame sorta...
Ha.. sorry.. stupid imagination.

You already started re-reading?
*slaps forehead* Duh! You have the all of the volumes
Anyway, you're lucky, I want to start, but I'm cheap, I get my manga from the lybrary. *hides under the bed*
The characters do look different.
Possibly because the artist got better or the fact that they got older.
I mean, try looking at the 13th volume VS. the 1st.
There's a BIG difference there.

Yep I did ^_^
I read half of the first volume last night, then watching IunYasha movie.
Wow! Your library has manga?! =o
Ours doesn't...I was sad enough to check first T_T

Yeah..and thinking about it..Fruits Basket has been going on for years..since 1999 is it?
So long T_T
Glad I didn't start reading then..
It would have killed me all the waiting!

Uzamaki Hinata
3rd August 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure who I'd rather see InuYasha with ^_^'
I was watching Swords of an Honorable Ruler (InuYasha movie 3)last night, and I'm not sure if it's just because I have Fruits Basket drilled into my head or what, but the characters remind me so much of each other o_O
I started putting InuYasha characters to Fruits Basket characters...
There was..
Kagome - Tohru
InuYasha - Kyo (I just think them two are so much alike ^_^)
Koga - Yuki
Miroku - Shigure
Shippo - Momiji
lol, we're doing the same thing we did yesterday.
Movie #3, I watched part of it in Japanese and never got around to finishing it. Was it good?
You don't know who to ship Inuyasha with? Kirsty! This is Inuyasha, it's all about shipping!
No.. wait..it isn't
Uzamaki)
Kagome - Tohru True, they're both the main girl Kirsty
InuYasha - Kyo *gasps* Hey, thats right!
(I just think them two are so much alike ^_^)
Koga - Yuki Ummm, Koga and Yuki... I guess they would work, but Koga is much stronger on to Kagome than Yuki is to Tohru and Yuki has a chance to be with Tohru while Koga doesn't have anything with Kagome
Miroku - Shigure
Shippo - Momiji

True, they're both the main girl Kirsty *gasps* Hey, thats right!
Ummm, Koga and Yuki... I guess they would work, but Koga is much stronger on to Kagome than Yuki is to Tohru and Yuki has a chance to be with Tohru while Koga doesn't have anything with Kagome.
Yup, definately. But I like Shigure more! ^^
I.. don't know. They have nothing in common, except for their love of the main girl. I just couldn't see Shippo and Momiji being the same
Sesshomaru and Ayame? XDDDDD
Difference: Sesshomaru hates Inuyasha's guts, while Ayame does anything to Yuki to like him.
Similarity: They both have grey hair. And at one time in life, that was a ba-ad thing.

Yep I did ^_^
I read half of the first volume last night, then watching IunYasha movie.
Wow! Your library has manga?! =o
Ours doesn't...I was sad enough to check first T_T
The library I go to has manga, but it's just a handful of it. The one that a friend of mine goes to in downtown has a whole section of manga and she let's me borrow it.
All my library has is Fruits Basket *thankfully*, Mars*not interested*, Kare Kano (which is stupid), and Dragon Ball(already read all of what the library had of it... 3 volumes)
So, yeah, I only read Fruits Basket from it.

Yeah..and thinking about it..Fruits Basket has been going on for years..since 1999 is it?
So long T_T
Glad I didn't start reading then..
It would have killed me all the waiting!
1999? Weren't we turning 8 that year?? It's not like I knew what manga was back then.
Back then if someone mentioned manga to me, I'd be like "You mean mango"
XDDD
Thats what my mom says anyway. If I'm like, "hey, did my manga come in from the library?"
She says, "manga?"
I say "Yeah, the one I requested from the library."
"You requwst mango from the library?"
My dad has the same reaction. "How do you read mango? Aren't you supposed to eat it?"
Yeah, they're clueless.
And mean *looks over list of chores*
And nice *checks allowance*
And, well they're parents

Kirsty_
3rd August 2006, 12:06 PM
lol, we're doing the same thing we did yesterday.
Movie #3, I watched part of it in Japanese and never got around to finishing it. Was it good?
You don't know who to ship Inuyasha with? Kirsty! This is Inuyasha, it's all about shipping!
No.. wait..it isn't
Uzamaki)
Kagome - Tohru True, they're both the main girl Kirsty
InuYasha - Kyo *gasps* Hey, thats right!
(I just think them two are so much alike ^_^)
Koga - Yuki Ummm, Koga and Yuki... I guess they would work, but Koga is much stronger on to Kagome than Yuki is to Tohru and Yuki has a chance to be with Tohru while Koga doesn't have anything with Kagome
Miroku - Shigure
Shippo - Momiji

True, they're both the main girl Kirsty *gasps* Hey, thats right!
Ummm, Koga and Yuki... I guess they would work, but Koga is much stronger on to Kagome than Yuki is to Tohru and Yuki has a chance to be with Tohru while Koga doesn't have anything with Kagome.
Yup, definately. But I like Shigure more! ^^
I.. don't know. They have nothing in common, except for their love of the main girl. I just couldn't see Shippo and Momiji being the same
Sesshomaru and Ayame? XDDDDD
Difference: Sesshomaru hates Inuyasha's guts, while Ayame does anything to Yuki to like him.
Similarity: They both have grey hair. And at one time in life, that was a ba-ad thing.

Yep, it definatly was my imagination...or I just have Fruits Basket on the mind ^_^'

The library I go to has manga, but it's just a handful of it. The one that a friend of mine goes to in downtown has a whole section of manga and she let's me borrow it.
All my library has is Fruits Basket *thankfully*, Mars*not interested*, Kare Kano (which is stupid), and Dragon Ball(already read all of what the library had of it... 3 volumes)
So, yeah, I only read Fruits Basket from it.

:o cool...Well a handful of manga is still better than no manga at all!
and even better because I bet the librarian doesn't give you strange looks when you say "Do you have any manga?"
*chuckles* It was actually quite funny ^_^

1999? Weren't we turning 8 that year?? It's not like I knew what manga was back then.
Back then if someone mentioned manga to me, I'd be like "You mean mango"
XDDD
Thats what my mom says anyway. If I'm like, "hey, did my manga come in from the library?"
She says, "manga?"
I say "Yeah, the one I requested from the library."
"You requwst mango from the library?"
My dad has the same reaction. "How do you read mango? Aren't you supposed to eat it?"
Yeah, they're clueless.
And mean *looks over list of chores*
And nice *checks allowance*
And, well they're parents

Yep, well that's the year when it came out in Japan, I think it was more like 2001 before it came to the US and UK.
I didn't know what manga was back then lol
However I did in fact have some manga! *shock*
Only some Pokemon manga..'Surf's Up, Pikachu' and 'Pikachu Shocks Back' and then some of the volumes of 'Pokemon Adventures'...I can still remember buying them! and thinking "HEY! this doesn't follow the Tv show?!"
xP What a Noob thing for me to say...but I was only 8 lol..

Lmao..Your dad.."How do you read mango? Aren't you supposed to eat it?" =P
My mum at first thought Fruits Basket was called Manga ¬_¬
...but she's an Ebay addict and now has something new to watch on her watch list. She's as bad as me...she wants to buy me a Tohru T-shirt though =D lol...
Then there's my dad that calls it 'Minga' *rolls eyes* but he doe sthat to annoy me ¬_¬
And then there's my sister that just hears about it from me and now wants me to read her some chapters as her bed time story.

Uzamaki Hinata
3rd August 2006, 12:25 PM
:o cool...Well a handful of manga is still better than no manga at all!
and even better because I bet the librarian doesn't give you strange looks when you say "Do you have any manga?"
*chuckles* It was actually quite funny ^_^
True, but the librains do look at me strangely until I say, "can I request this graphic novel?"
Currently reading Hikaru No Go, currently obsessed.

Yep, well that's the year when it came out in Japan, I think it was more like 2001 before it came to the US and UK.
I didn't know what manga was back then lol
However I did in fact have some manga! *shock*
Only some Pokemon manga..'Surf's Up, Pikachu' and 'Pikachu Shocks Back' and then some of the volumes of 'Pokemon Adventures'...I can still remember buying them! and thinking "HEY! this doesn't follow the Tv show?!"
xP What a Noob thing for me to say...but I was only 8 lol..
OMG! The pokemon manga! *doubles over with laughter*
I think I was in 4th grade when my older bro checked it out, it is sooo funny. We never actually finished it, but I liked reading it.

Lmao..Your dad.."How do you read mango? Aren't you supposed to eat it?" =P
My mum at first thought Fruits Basket was called Manga ¬_¬
...but she's an Ebay addict and now has something new to watch on her watch list. She's as bad as me...she wants to buy me a Tohru T-shirt though =D lol...
Then there's my dad that calls it 'Minga' *rolls eyes* but he doe sthat to annoy me ¬_¬
And then there's my sister that just hears about it from me and now wants me to read her some chapters as her bed time story.

Yup thats my dad! And this is the reaction of everyone else!
Dad: Mango?
Mom: Mango?
oldest Bro: Fruity basket
older bro: ditto the other one
old bro: ditto the other one
younger sis: knows Fruits Basket, but was unaware of other manga
younger bro: doesn't care, current obsession "Ed, Edd, & Eddy"

Your mom wants you to buy a t-shirt of tohru? XDDD
I remember thinking a girl in my school was crazy cause she bought a thirty dollar shirt off of E-bay with Monkey De Luffy on it[you know, one piece]
I'm not a fan of buying the actual stuff. I mean, dolls, shirts, posters.
Bookmarks are as far as I'll go. ^^

Aww, your sister sounds so cute. I wish I had a baby sister and not *glares* a baby brother. Well, he's not a baby anymore, more like a 5 year-old

Kirsty_
3rd August 2006, 12:42 PM
OMG! The pokemon manga! *doubles over with laughter*
I think I was in 4th grade when my older bro checked it out, it is sooo funny. We never actually finished it, but I liked reading it.

Haha =P It just confused me...I didn't know what was going on...I was always like "Hey?! This doesn't add up?! and since when did Misty change her clothes?!"
Oh..I was so silly ^_^'

Yup thats my dad! And this is the reaction of everyone else!
Dad: Mango?
Mom: Mango?
oldest Bro: Fruity basket
older bro: ditto the other one
old bro: ditto the other one
younger sis: knows Fruits Basket, but was unaware of other manga
younger bro: doesn't care, current obsession "Ed, Edd, & Eddy"

Your mom wants you to buy a t-shirt of tohru? XDDD
I remember thinking a girl in my school was crazy cause she bought a thirty dollar shirt off of E-bay with Monkey De Luffy on it[you know, one piece]
I'm not a fan of buying the actual stuff. I mean, dolls, shirts, posters.
Bookmarks are as far as I'll go. ^^

Aww, your sister sounds so cute. I wish I had a baby sister and not *glares* a baby brother. Well, he's not a baby anymore, more like a 5 year-old

Wow! Big family!
Your so lucky! I wish I had some brothers T_T
It's only me, my sister, mum and dad T_T
*Wants little brother*
I'd even settle for an older brother..but that's a bit impossible unless we adopt.

Yes..My mum's odd..
She brought me some InuYasha figures..heck she brought me a pokemon mouse mat, where when you press the Pikachu it says "Pikachu".
And now she wants to buy me a Tohru T-shirt xP
I think I'd rather a Kyo one ¬_¬
But..if it's going to be expensive like $30! :o I'll stop her...

My sister is cute when she wants to be..
I'm sure she's up to something!
Yesterday she called me the best sister ever o_O
I'm not..no way near...
*huggles sister*
She's in her Jigglypuff Pjs ^_^
(still..and it's almost lunch!)
She sorta reminds me of Kisa =D
But with elements of Momiji!
:o maybe like Momo? But she has very dark brown (almost black) hair...humm

Uzamaki Hinata
3rd August 2006, 1:28 PM
Omg! Something freaky happened earliar, I tried to delete my sent stuff and the whole thing froze. Next thing I know, I'm back on serebiiforums and it says that there is only one person logged on and 3 guest. I got freaked so I just cancelled the whole thing.

Haha =P It just confused me...I didn't know what was going on...I was always like "Hey?! This doesn't add up?! and since when did Misty change her clothes?!"
Oh..I was so silly ^_^'
You were 7-8. XDDD We were all silly at that age.

Wow! Big family!
Your so lucky! I wish I had some brothers T_T
It's only me, my sister, mum and dad T_T
*Wants little brother*
I'd even settle for an older brother..but that's a bit impossible unless we adopt.
A family of four? Wow.
Okay, normally I'd be like, trust me, you don't want em. But seeing how if I only had a sis and two parents, I'd probably want some too.

Yes..My mum's odd..
She brought me some InuYasha figures..heck she brought me a pokemon mouse mat, where when you press the Pikachu it says "Pikachu".
And now she wants to buy me a Tohru T-shirt xP
I think I'd rather a Kyo one ¬_¬
But..if it's going to be expensive like $30! :o I'll stop her...

lol
So it didn't start with the t-shirt.
When I was younger I wanter Cardcaptor Sakura figures, dolls, whatever. I wanted them sooo bad but I didn't want to bother my parents, so I waited until my birthday.
Sadly, Target stopped holding them long before June T_T

My sister is cute when she wants to be..
I'm sure she's up to something!
Yesterday she called me the best sister ever o_O
I'm not..no way near...
*huggles sister*
She's in her Jigglypuff Pjs ^_^
(still..and it's almost lunch!)
She sorta reminds me of Kisa =D
But with elements of Momiji!
:o maybe like Momo? But she has very dark brown (almost black) hair...humm

When she wants to be? As in she chooses? XDDD
Aww, best sister ever?
My little brother would probably say that if he wanted to watch TV. XDDD
A Kisa sister? *becomes super jelous* The closest thing in my brother that could be considered "cute" is his love for saying "me" instead of "I"
like "me want a lollipop"
He KNOWS how to speak English correctly, yet he just loves to do that.
That and go inot the room with you when you're on the phone.
It gets annoying. >.<;;

Kirsty_
3rd August 2006, 1:49 PM
Omg! Something freaky happened earliar, I tried to delete my sent stuff and the whole thing froze. Next thing I know, I'm back on serebiiforums and it says that there is only one person logged on and 3 guest. I got freaked so I just cancelled the whole thing.

Arrgh o_O Scary T_T
Your computer is probably possessed by vengeful spirits of the chinese zodiac I mean frozen waste land animals...

When she wants to be? As in she chooses? XDDD
Aww, best sister ever?
My little brother would probably say that if he wanted to watch TV. XDDD
A Kisa sister? *becomes super jelous* The closest thing in my brother that could be considered "cute" is his love for saying "me" instead of "I"
like "me want a lollipop"
He KNOWS how to speak English correctly, yet he just loves to do that.
That and go inot the room with you when you're on the phone.
It gets annoying. >.<;;

She can just be annoying some times lol ^_^
The cute act gets boring after awhile...

*Me reading volume 2 of Fruits Basket* </trying to act cute>

I really hope there's some RinxHaru in volume 14! T_T
I love RinxHaru..and I thought it was so funny when they kissed, and Yuki was just stood there ha *giggles*

Uzamaki Hinata
3rd August 2006, 2:04 PM
Arrgh o_O Scary T_T
Your computer is probably possessed by vengeful spirits of the chinese zodiac I mean frozen waste land animals...
lol

*Me reading volume 2 of Fruits Basket* </trying to act cute>
XDDDD

I really hope there's some RinxHaru in volume 14! T_T
I love RinxHaru..and I thought it was so funny when they kissed, and Yuki was just stood there ha *giggles*
What? Book 12 wasn't enough?
Come to think of it, thats the first time anyone kissed on the lips.
Wow, they do it so much in Tokyo Mew Mew(the manga) and that has a lower rating. Y7
Yuki just stood there because Haru, the guy younger than him by a year got his first kiss*so long ago* while Yuki had just attempted to kiss Tohru's forehead.
XDDD
But Yuki is so cute!

Kirsty_
3rd August 2006, 2:20 PM
What? Book 12 wasn't enough?
Come to think of it, thats the first time anyone kissed on the lips.
Wow, they do it so much in Tokyo Mew Mew(the manga) and that has a lower rating. Y7
Yuki just stood there because Haru, the guy younger than him by a year got his first kiss*so long ago* while Yuki had just attempted to kiss Tohru's forehead.
XDDD
But Yuki is so cute!

No..it wasn't enough! lol =P
I thought Yuki being there made the scene funny lol..
I really hope Kyo and Tohru eventually kiss...I loved volume 6! with Kyo's transformation...I'm so happy that Tohru didn't run away or anything.
It was obvious she wasn't going to away but hey.
And when Tohru held Kyo (when hes a cat) in her arms..I thought that was very cute!

The Red Butterfly
3rd August 2006, 3:44 PM
*Doesn't trust Shigure*
Don't get me wrong, I think he's very funny and I like him, but however, to me there's just something about him that I don't trust...
I can't help be feel like he's really quite mean =( and that he's hiding something.
It just feels like he's very two-faced, well feels that way to me.
Hope there's more about him in volume 14!

I thought that too but the truth is it's actually kind of childish of him what he's doing (or hiding per say). It's baisically his revenge towards Akito for something she did(it wasn't even bad which is why I'm saying it's childish of Shigure) I'd say but I don't know who likes spoilers and what not.

I really hope Kyo and Tohru eventually kiss...
;) don't worry.....

Purplemoon, sorry your sunflower seeds wouldn't send ;; but you still get the manga correct?

Also I'm too lazy to go back and quote but either Kirsty(sorry I spelt your name wrong ;; ) or Uzamaki said that you noticed the drawings look more different as the volumes go on, I totally notice since I'm always re-reading. I think they have a better software now with the computer shading and such but I could be very, very wrong I'm nto sure XD Also I think Tohru gets younger and younger looking as the volumes go on but my mom saw two puics (book 2 and 13..I showed her) and she said book 13 Tohru and I didn't see how ;;

Purplemoon
4th August 2006, 5:08 AM
OHMIGOSH Sesshoumaru.. *stares off into the distance*
I vote Rin (from Inuyasha) to be Kisa. Dunno why.

I didn't realyl care too much about the sunflower seeds, but it turns out we can get them shipped here only we need to place the order again.

Yup we're still getting the Furuba manga!
Sunflower seeds from: USA (i think)
Furuba from: Australia

Volume 14 is full of Rin x Haru goodness for all of you :P

The characters in furuba went from skinny and pointy to slightly fatter and taller and less pointy bits.

That once again probably sounded weird.

Kirsty_
4th August 2006, 8:01 AM
OHMIGOSH Sesshoumaru.. *stares off into the distance*
I vote Rin (from Inuyasha) to be Kisa. Dunno why.

Yes, I vote that too! =D
They are both very cute and sweet and kind ^_^

Volume 14 is full of Rin x Haru goodness for all of you :P

The characters in furuba went from skinny and pointy to slightly fatter and taller and less pointy bits.

That once again probably sounded weird.

Yay! RinxHaru!
lol..I know what you mean.
I prefer how they are drawn in later issues.

I was on www.tokyopop.com and it says that Fruits Basket volume 14 will be on sale on 08/08/2006, so that's in *counts* 4 days! ^_^

But then it also says that volume 15 will be out on 12/12/2006 T_T

I can't wait that long...T_T

Uzamaki Hinata
4th August 2006, 1:31 PM
I really hope Kyo and Tohru eventually kiss...I loved volume 6! with Kyo's transformation...I'm so happy that Tohru didn't run away or anything.
It was obvious she wasn't going to away but hey.
And when Tohru held Kyo (when hes a cat) in her arms..I thought that was very cute!
Volume 6 was my fave of all faves in the Fruits Basket series.
No, seriously, it was so cute when Kyo just hugs her but I don't like the idea of Shinshou trying to get Kyo and Tohru together, as much as I love the couple, I don't want someone to get them together, I want them to get together on their own.
And as for the Kyo Tohru kissing, I hope that happens too!
It would be ultra cute!!! ^____________^ And make me a very happy girl when school comes around.

I thought that too but the truth is it's actually kind of childish of him what he's doing (or hiding per say). It's baisically his revenge towards Akito for something she did(it wasn't even bad which is why I'm saying it's childish of Shigure) I'd say but I don't know who likes spoilers and what not.
I always thought that Shigure was hiding something....
But that doesn't affect my love for him. He's just such a great character! ^^
And the thing about Fruits Basket I love it so much because it takes sometime for me to actually come up with a favorite character.
And maybe it doesn't seem like much, but almost everother anime/manga I cross, there's a character I hate.

The Red Butterfly
4th August 2006, 2:44 PM
I got volume 9 AND 14 yesterday, it will be a happy plane ride for me tommorow^________________^ yes book 14 is about Rin and Haru (I only allowed myself to read 2 chapters XDD ;; )

*thinks* I actually tend to like eveyone until they do someting stupid or mean and I still have not hated one person in furuba^^ that's a good thing.

Uzamaki Hinata
4th August 2006, 2:47 PM
I got volume 9 AND 14 yesterday, it will be a happy plane ride for me tommorow^________________^ yes book 14 is about Rin and Haru (I only allowed myself to read 2 chapters XDD ;; )
Plane ride?
Where'd you go?
Or
Where are you going???
You only allowed yourself to read t\2 chapters, well atleast one of us is progressing with stopping our bad habit of finishing the book in one day.
Did that make sense?

*thinks* I actually tend to like eveyone until they do someting stupid or mean and I still have not hated one person in furuba^^ that's a good thing.
Atleast I'm not alone. Sort of. =D

The Red Butterfly
4th August 2006, 3:05 PM
Plane ride?
Where'd you go?
Or
Where are you going???
You only allowed yourself to read t\2 chapters, well atleast one of us is progressing with stopping our bad habit of finishing the book in one day.
Did that make sense?

I'm going to LA for a competetion. Yes it mad sense XDD It's going to be tough though because I may get bored after my friends party but I'll stay strong ;; However I did finish book nine in one day.

Mysteria Pearl
4th August 2006, 11:34 PM
I'M BACK!!! (Everybody: "Who!?")

Good gravy, you people sure know how to talk. I loved Volume 14

You finished vol. 9 in that short of a time? Usually it only takes me about a half hour to read the English version. Less time for the Japanese. :)

Staryu
4th August 2006, 11:51 PM
Welcome back, MP =D

What does Que Sera Sera mean? There's accent marks..on the a's. Shigure says it Kisa.

Clio
5th August 2006, 12:47 AM
Que Sera Sera, if I remember well, comes from a Doris Day song (no, really!) and it means "what will be, will be" in French.

On topic now: I still need to get vol 13. The publisher here in Brazil put the series on a 4-month hiatus so they wouldn't have to stop if it reached the Japanese edition (yeah, right!) and the hiatus ended on July. But I still need to buy it.

Mysteria Pearl
5th August 2006, 6:41 AM
that's strange. Why do they think they'll catch up? HA! XD That's kinda wierd if you ask me.

~ Mysteir aPelar ~

Kirsty_
5th August 2006, 11:04 AM
Ehh I wish I could read Japanese T_T
3 days! Just 3 days!
Till I can get volume 14 =D
I can't wait!
HaruxRin yay ^_^

(Welcome back Mysteria Pearl..even though I didn't know you before..But hey ^_^)

Uzamaki Hinata
5th August 2006, 11:07 AM
I'M BACK!!! (Everybody: "Who!?")

Good gravy, you people sure know how to talk. I loved Volume 14

You finished vol. 9 in that short of a time? Usually it only takes me about a half hour to read the English version. Less time for the Japanese. :)

Wecome back MP! We missed you! ^^
lol, we talk to try to keep this place alive.
And you finished Volume 14?!
Oh I am sooo jelous! I have to wait a loong time to get it, maybe in September even. D=
Oh well, at least you enjoyed it.
Any good spoilers you have?

Staryu
7th August 2006, 2:25 AM
Eh. If you post spoilers...use the spoiler tag, or I will reserve the right to slap you. Or post them in Navy blue..that way I don't see them XD

Kirsty_
7th August 2006, 2:03 PM
=D YAY!
I'm so happy!
I got dragged along to town by my mom and dad and I went into Ottakars with my sister and what did I find? Fruits Basket volume 14 ^_^
I'm going to go read it now =)
Yay..and if there is any decent spoilers I will post them but I will use spoiler tags =)

Uzamaki Hinata
7th August 2006, 2:08 PM
=D YAY!
I'm so happy!
I got dragged along to town by my mom and dad and I went into Ottakars with my sister and what did I find? Fruits Basket volume 14 ^_^
I'm going to go read it now =)
Yay..and if there is any decent spoilers I will post them but I will use spoiler tags =)

So.. lucky.... so... very... lucky
*becomes very jelous*
Oh well, hope you like it, and yes I need SPOILERS!

Kirsty_
8th August 2006, 8:40 AM
So.. lucky.... so... very... lucky
*becomes very jelous*
Oh well, hope you like it, and yes I need SPOILERS!

Volume 14 spoilers..
The first few chapters are about Rin's past and her love for Haru.
Basically her parents didn't want her, they tried to always be happy for her and love her but they just couldn't in the end and so they just snapped. Rin went to live with Kagura's family. She had trouble fitting in with their family because it's not 'broken'.
There's bits about how Haru was always there for her and how she is in love with him. Rin is trying to break the curse for Haru.
She goes to Shigure's house trying to look for documents that might state how to break the curse. There are none. She asked Shigure if he knew, and he sort of dodge her question, but it would appear he doesn't.
While in Shigure's house, Rin colapses and is found by Tohru.
She doesn't want to get close to Tohru because she is a nice person like Haru and she would just be drawn to Tohru.
Rin gives in, and opens up to Tohru, tohru holds Rin in her arms like a mother would.
Rin and Tohru partner up, so they can work together to break the curse.

The curse is basically a bond. Long ago the spirits of the zodiac made a promise to god that they would stay with him forever even if they are reborn. None of the current zodiac remember this, but its the bond made by the spirits that are in their blood. So believe there is NO way to break the curse...

Then there is a chapter or so about school. Kakeru and Machi are brother and sister! =o There's going to be a class play - Cindarella. Here are who the characters are played by..
Cindarella - Saki Hanajima
Prince Charming - Kyo Sohma
Stepmother - Minami Kimoshita
Stepsister - Tohru Honda (fixed poll, the Yuki Fan club did that)
Fairy Godmother - Yuki Sohma

Yuki goes back to the council room and gets locked in. XP. It's dark...and has bad memories of Akito. He then confesses to Kakeru that he was looking for a mother in Tohru

I've missed alot out there...
And I didn't do the volume justice =(
I'm no good at summaries
Sorry.
But I'm sure you can get the idea from that.
Volume 14 is really good! I recomend reading it! =)

Purplemoon
9th August 2006, 5:25 AM
I quickly skimmed through volume 14 to re-brief myself of the events and...

LOL I remember the cinderella play. It's soo funny, and the actual play is in volume 15 if I recall. Also it's nice to finally know about Rin and Haru's relationship, and Rin's past.

Volumes 17 & 18 still haven't come yet. Grrrrrr.....

Kirsty_
9th August 2006, 10:40 AM
Volumes 17 & 18 still haven't come yet. Grrrrrr.....

Are they in English?
Sorry..for asking I'm just really hopeing theres a way to get the next fruits basket volumes without waiting 4 months.

Staryu
9th August 2006, 4:35 PM
On e-bay, you can buy a CD that you put on your computer to see like..1-20 Furuba in English...but it's not the real thing..so it's not as cool..but it's only like 7 dollars.

Purplemoon
10th August 2006, 2:45 AM
Are they in English?
Sorry..for asking I'm just really hopeing theres a way to get the next fruits basket volumes without waiting 4 months.

The Australian Madman site.
http://www.madman.com.au

ANYWAY volumes 17 and 18 have arrived today.... already read volume 17 and curently resisting the urge to read volume 18.

Kirsty_
10th August 2006, 6:18 PM
The Australian Madman site.
http://www.madman.com.au

ANYWAY volumes 17 and 18 have arrived today.... already read volume 17 and curently resisting the urge to read volume 18.

Thankyou ^_^

How can you resist?! You're so lucky! I really wish I could have volumes 17 and 18 T_T

I've been in the Birmingham the last few days..and I've been to Heaven!
Nostalgia & Comics.
Amazing place!
Sales loads of manga...
I brought some real cute Fruits Basket badges and pins, and a top that has Yuki in his rat form on, and a Calender XP and then lots of InuYasha and Lost stuff.
It was great! If there's anyone from the UK here, I Really do recomend going there.

Staryu
11th August 2006, 4:41 AM
I would buy the ones on that Australian site, but they'd mess up the pattern on my shelf XD..their books look different than ours.

Uzamaki Hinata
11th August 2006, 12:37 PM
Yes! I got book 14! And I am soooo happy!!!! ^_____^

Staryu
12th August 2006, 3:03 AM
Good for you ^_^

Also, anyone who likes any anime/manga NEEDS to check out animecastle.com

They have SWEET furuba posters there -- I'm going to get the one of Tohru x Rin and the one of all the zodiac members.

The Red Butterfly
14th August 2006, 7:02 PM
Ohhh I want a furuba poster ;; Preferbally with the student council on it so I can stare at Yun-Yun and kakeru at once XDD

I <3'd book 14 and 9 and the stain thing was adorable^^

Uzamaki Hinata
16th August 2006, 6:28 AM
Ohhh I want a furuba poster ;; Preferbally with the student council on it so I can stare at Yun-Yun and kakeru at once XDD

I <3'd book 14 and 9 and the stain thing was adorable^^

Book 14 was sooo cute! ^^

Oh.. my ... gosh.. I am sooo slow.
The red butterfly! Tohru's mom's gang name! XDDD I can't believe it took me this long to remeber it.

The Red Butterfly
16th August 2006, 2:43 PM
Book 14 was sooo cute! ^^

Oh.. my ... gosh.. I am sooo slow.
The red butterfly! Tohru's mom's gang name! XDDD I can't believe it took me this long to remeber it.

I know and I loved this quote:
Nao: These papers seem worn out!
Yuki: Do they?
Kakeru: Are you sure it's nto just your imagination? XD

Yeah I'm a huge Kyoko fan and I didn't want to make my name Kyoko again so I decided to go with her gang name^^ (My name on another site was actually: KyokoButterfly15 XD)

Uzamaki Hinata
16th August 2006, 2:49 PM
I know and I loved this quote:
Nao: These papers seem worn out!
Yuki: Do they?
Kakeru: Are you sure it's nto just your imagination? XD

I love that quote! XD Its so sad, Nabe and Machi, but at least they're showing hints of YukiMachi now.
I reread some other volumes and wow, Yuki seaching for a mother in Tohru? There were so many hints before!

Anyway, quotes I posted on the club, but no one checks there, so I'll post it here

Quote from 4th book:
Tohru:: makes some big sappy speech::
Tohru::suddenly freezes and starts to appologize to Ayaa::
Ayaa: No, I was thinking how nice that sounded
Tohru::beams:: my mom's the best!!
Ayaa:: thinks:: actually I was talking about you

Not exact words, but I found it funny. Another quote, again, not exact words

Kyo: Why didn't you sleep with Shigure like you did last night?
Ayaa: B-but, Gure san would keep me up again
Shigure: Now now, not infront of the children.

XDDDD

The Red Butterfly
16th August 2006, 2:58 PM
STARYU(and anyone else who hates spoilers) DON'T READ!!! IT'S QUOTES AND SUCH FROM BOOK 14!^^

Oh I know and that means rin's looking for one in her too. I almost cried for Rin she's so nice ;; This quote got me the most with her:

Because it's okay...For it to end with nothing...Left in my hands. *cry's*

Anyway yes I loved Tohru's face when she says her mom is the best. Also I know, Kuragi sure can put a dent in the door =O. I LOVED when Kimi used the intercom and then kakeru came and mocked her, along with the cast of cinderella (the play should be intersting)

Uzamaki Hinata
16th August 2006, 3:07 PM
Yes, these posts may contain SPOILERS!!!!
Anyway, I loved the 14th book, if I haven’t said it before, it was awesome.
Rin’s part was so sad with the whole The other members in the zodiac are sad but we’re not, mommy and daddy are very happy I don’t think those are the right words or how about the time Tohru found Rin and she started screaming “Ahhhh! Mama! Papa! I’m sorry!”
The Cinderella play sounds cute, if only Tohru had been Cinderella, but I wonder, isn’t there dancing in that play, and if there is dancing, doesn’t that mean embracing in some way, I wonder how Kyo will pull it off.
*snickers*
I can’t believe Yuki got “Fairy Godmother”

The Red Butterfly
16th August 2006, 3:11 PM
I KNOW XDDDDDDD I thought those two roles were hilarious, I can't see Kyon being Prince charming. Also the fan girl's faces were hilarious(and quite frightining) When Yuki said, "I'm not fit to be Prince Charming" and then they all had glowy eyes and though "That's not true"

I <3'd how in a filler sketch you see Haru measuring his height with Rin XDD

Uzamaki Hinata
16th August 2006, 3:17 PM
Haru measuring his height to Rin. XDDD I cracked up at that. Haru wanted to telll Rin how he felt when he got to her height.
Haru::thinking:: just a little bit more
Rin: ?
And when Rin started to talk about her past with Haru. How when they were younger she said he thought his white hair was cute and he gave her a blank expression, priceless. And cute, very, very cute! ^////^ I'm guilty of staring at Haru's picture for too long.

The Red Butterfly
16th August 2006, 3:20 PM
XD Who isn't, Haru is HOTT<3 which reminds me I loved haru' face when Rin went to swing the IV at him in the hospital XDDD he looked so spaced out. I'm guilty of staring at the followingfor long periods of time:
Kyo(obviously)
Kakeru
Yuki
Hatori<33333

Staryu
19th August 2006, 12:47 AM
Haha. I'm guilty at staring at:

Rin
Yuki
Haru

On book 8..Haru waking up..damn XD

Kirsty_
19th August 2006, 9:43 AM
Ooo when it comes to drooling over Furuba boys for me it goes...
Kyo
Yuki
Hatori
Haru

For me the funniest part in volume 14 has to be the anouncment of the cast of Cinderella :P I laugh so much when I read that part XP

Could someone clear something up for me?
Without too many spoilers?
On page 134 of volume 11...
Is that that Kyoko in the top frame where ut reads "I won't allow it."
Or is it someone else? :s

I've decided volume 11 is my favourite volume so far ^_^ and on 3rd time reading it (read through 1-14 3 times now) I've just noticed that Kyo was with Kyoko!!! :o </noobness>

Uzamaki Hinata
19th August 2006, 3:19 PM
I'm guilty at staring at:
Kyo (major fan here)
Haru(you guys already know)
Yuki
Nabe
Hiro(yay! Sheep! They made such a cute character for my year!)

I've decided volume 11 is my favourite volume so far ^_^ and on 3rd time reading it (read through 1-14 3 times now) I've just noticed that Kyo was with Kyoko!!! :o </noobness>
Kyoko? IN the 11th book? Um, lets see, I haven't read that book in sometime, but I really don't think its Kyoka, maybe Kyo's mom(?) But don't listen to me, I am just guessing here.

Kirsty_
19th August 2006, 3:37 PM
Kyoko? IN the 11th book? Um, lets see, I haven't read that book in sometime, but I really don't think its Kyoka, maybe Kyo's mom(?) But don't listen to me, I am just guessing here.

It's been bugging me all morning..
It just has to be Kyoko (Tohru's mom).

Spoiler if you haven't read volume 11....

She shows Kyo (when he was little) a picture of Tohru.
It's page 127 + 126, its just after Kyo confesses that he loves Tohru to Akito.
Yep in volume 11.
Kyo and Kyoko..together..and knew each other :o

I was pretty shocked that I hadn't noticed it the last two times o_O

The Red Butterfly
19th August 2006, 4:14 PM
On book 8..Haru waking up..damn XD

I<3 that pic of him, he looks so hott^__________^

I know, that story about how they know eachother always wants to make me cry. Plus yep that's Kyoko in vol.11. I completely skipped over that part and I didn't notice for a few months later when I re-read it, and it was like "Hey when did Kyoko get in here Oo"

Umbreon is best
19th August 2006, 4:17 PM
never heard of this manga

The Red Butterfly
19th August 2006, 4:19 PM
^Oh well, it's a really great series if you ever want to get it ;D

Kirsty_
19th August 2006, 6:12 PM
never heard of this manga

You don't know what you're missing.
Go! Buy Fruits Basket! =P

Thank Goodness I'm not the only one that missed it XP