PDA

View Full Version : Fruits Basket

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

The Red Butterfly
19th August 2006, 6:41 PM
You're not noob^^ I missed a ton of important stuff because I was too lazy to read it XD

kawaii*ninja
19th August 2006, 7:36 PM
When i baught my first manga it was fruits basket, because it looked like it had great animation. I got really into it, and i baught the hole series. I was so upset when i found out there were no more books, Its too short! :( Suu..

Mysteria Pearl
19th August 2006, 11:01 PM
I am so sorry I've been gone for such a long time! I wish I had an awesome excuse like i got caught on a helicoptor and was forced to escape using mad ninja skillz but I didn't XD

Lately I've been such a dork that I've been like labeling all my mangas and putting them in alphabetical order. xD That's pretty sad isn't it? XD

Uzamaki Hinata
20th August 2006, 2:41 PM
I am so sorry I've been gone for such a long time! I wish I had an awesome excuse like i got caught on a helicoptor and was forced to escape using mad ninja skillz but I didn't XD

Lately I've been such a dork that I've been like labeling all my mangas and putting them in alphabetical order. xD That's pretty sad isn't it? XD

Welcome back MP!
Mad ninja skills? XD
You're lucky you have mangas to label. As I have said in an earlier post, my library has jack, one shelf really. And they hold only four series, !. Dragon Ball, 2.Mars, 3. Kare Kano, 4. Fruits Basket. The only manga I am a fan of here is Fruits Basket(duh!) Wish I could buy manga, but I have no pocket money.

The Red Butterfly
20th August 2006, 3:45 PM

Mysteria =DDDDD Welcome back *glomps* At least you're organised ;D

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Ooooh I just realised that Akito was refered to as a girl in book 10 Oo and her daddy was too (not directly)

Jemi Rose
20th August 2006, 4:42 PM
Yeah, it's true that Akito is 'femine', well here is proof...

[Spoiler]
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/images/furuba/furuba96c.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/archives/fruits_basket_ch96.html&h=750&w=500&sz=114&hl=en&start=91&tbnid=AX_GF1JMMHumXM:&tbnh=141&tbnw=94&prev=/images%3Fq%3DFruits%2BBasket:%2BYuki%26start%3D90% 26ndsp%3D18%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3D N

Just scroll down the page and you'll see 'the bombshell'

Well, here is a cute future scene of TohruKyo pic ^^

[Spoiler]
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/images/furuba/furuba96c.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.designchronicle.com/memento/archives/fruits_basket_ch96.html&h=750&w=500&sz=114&hl=en&start=91&tbnid=AX_GF1JMMHumXM:&tbnh=141&tbnw=94&prev=/images%3Fq%3DFruits%2BBasket:%2BYuki%26start%3D90% 26ndsp%3D18%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3D N

Uzamaki Hinata
20th August 2006, 4:51 PM
Tohrukyo pics? I don't really see any pic right now, but I think you should edit your post before you get in trouble for it.

Jemi Rose
20th August 2006, 4:56 PM
Tohrukyo pics? I don't really see any pic right now, but I think you should edit your post before you get in trouble for it.

Ok, I fixed it ^^ Thanks for telling me. ^^

~*Jemi Rose*~

Mysteria Pearl
20th August 2006, 9:33 PM
Welcome back MP!
Mad ninja skills? XD
You're lucky you have mangas to label. As I have said in an earlier post, my library has jack, one shelf really. And they hold only four series, !. Dragon Ball, 2.Mars, 3. Kare Kano, 4. Fruits Basket. The only manga I am a fan of here is Fruits Basket(duh!) Wish I could buy manga, but I have no pocket money.
A flower could beat me at Ninjitsu, Taijutsu and Genjitsu. XD I feel so bad for u! Only 4 series!? ouch!

I still can't see any pics 0_o hmmn... BTW: I was looking for larger pics of Chappie... I think I'm looking for 131 because all my pics I can't cut out of the book and I want to hang some over my bed XD Anybody got a link?

The Red Butterfly
24th August 2006, 5:30 PM
A flower XD That's not sad at all^^ Anyways no I don't have any links sorry ;; If I hang any pics it would probably be the ones I colored in my manga XD I tend to color the chapter pictures to make them look pretty =D

Uzamaki Hinata
24th August 2006, 5:45 PM
Color the chaps? Never heard of that one! =D
But for the library my friend goes to(which holds a lot more manga) the pages are sometimes rippped out.
Ahhh! School is in 4 days. Curses.

The Red Butterfly
24th August 2006, 6:07 PM
=O ripped out!!! I'd be down-right upset! (I'm home sick from school today)

Yeah, I don't know if anyone else color's theres but I like prettiness in mine sometimes ;D

Uzamaki Hinata
24th August 2006, 6:14 PM
Oh, you already go to school, awe, you're home sick, well, feel better. *tosses blanky* If you're cold

Yes, I hate when they rip it out because I was reading volume nine of Hot Gimmick(nother manga) and just when the two characters whom I wanted a relationship for since the beggining were just about to kiss, the pages were ripped out. I wanted to rip the whole book apart because my friend told me their kissing scene was really cute. Grr.
Yup, what you did is original and cool too, I mean, I guess manga does seem like one big coloring book and when you're bored, color! XD

The Red Butterfly
24th August 2006, 6:19 PM
*takes blanki* thank you ^^. See why must people ruin things for others by ripping out the pages!!? Plus I'd be very mad ifI was in your position >O (especially if it was the last voume of Furuba)

XD I never thoughtof it as on huge colroing book^^

Uzamaki Hinata
24th August 2006, 6:28 PM
I was mad! And whoa, if it was the last volume of furuba, I'd personally find the person who ripped it out. But I normally get my own furuba manga and no one rips out pages when I get it from my library, just my friend's one.
But on that topic, I hate when ppl do anything to mangas, draw on it, give some characters things they don't need. For example: Once for a chapter pic in Fruits Basket, there was Kagura and Tohru wearing(what I think) is maid outfits and the collar went really low so someone took that as a chance to make them a crevice. Meaning they drew a line going into their chest making it seem as if they are showing their beast.
Ick, I know, and I really hate when ppl do that or rip out pages. Good thing that was an old volume and not a new.

The Red Butterfly
24th August 2006, 6:43 PM
What losers, leave Tohru and Kagura alone >O I'm guessing it was a bored guy who got it then XD

Uzamaki Hinata
24th August 2006, 6:49 PM
What losers, leave Tohru and Kagura alone >O I'm guessing it was a bored guy who got it then XD

Yeah, very annoying.
Hey, gots to get off now, parents will kill me if I don't. Hope you get well soon, wish me luck in the coming school year and I wish you luck for yours.
And before I leave, I forgot that your birthday is on my second day of school. So if you or I don't come online from tomorrow till your birthday, happy 15th b-day Red Butterfly, hope you're not sick in bed by then.
Now, I REALLY gots to go!

Mysteria Pearl
24th August 2006, 8:49 PM
Silly Butterfly! You gave me your cold! *sneezes* *sniftle*

How dare someone rip pages out of mangas!? That's dispicible-- awful-- meanies!!! XD

The Red Butterfly
24th August 2006, 9:54 PM
Yeah, very annoying.
Hey, gots to get off now, parents will kill me if I don't. Hope you get well soon, wish me luck in the coming school year and I wish you luck for yours.
And before I leave, I forgot that your birthday is on my second day of school. So if you or I don't come online from tomorrow till your birthday, happy 15th b-day Red Butterfly, hope you're not sick in bed by then.
Now, I REALLY gots to go!

Yes good luck being a sophomre^^ Luckily you'll know where everything is so you don't get lost ;D. Also thank you for the birthday wishes *glomps* I should be better by then^^

How dare someone rip pages out of mangas!? That's dispicible-- awful-- meanies!!! XD

XD

NOOOOOOOO *hugs sissy* I'm sorry *hands you Kyo and Hatori plushies along with kleenex* It should be one of the rules they post up at the librarY:
1.) No takling
2.) Be nice
3.) No running
4.) MOST IMPORTANTLY DON'T RIP PAGES OUT OF MANGA'S ;D

Kirsty_
25th August 2006, 2:43 PM
Omg..How can people rip pages out?! :o *is shocked*
It's down-right criminal!
And colouring your manga in? o_O
Cool ^_^
I might buy another copy of volume 11 and colour it it =D

I.can't.wait.any.longer.
*pulls hair out*
I need volume 15 T_T

Uzamaki Hinata
25th August 2006, 5:08 PM
Hope you feel better too! *tosses blanky*

It's the down town library, it's in the city and this library(although it has an endless shelf of pretty manga) is pretty downright sad. My dad says its in a bad neighborhood. Plus, it's really easy to steal books from there and alot of ppl do, which is pretty sad.

Yes good luck being a sophomre^^ Luckily you'll know where everything is so you don't get lost ;D. Also thank you for the birthday wishes *glomps* I should be better by then^^
Thanks, your welcome, and hopefully! =D;078;

It should be one of the rules they post up at the librarY:
1.) No takling
2.) Be nice
3.) No running
4.) MOST IMPORTANTLY DON'T RIP PAGES OUT OF MANGA'S ;D
lol, but the most important rule is the last one!

Omg..How can people rip pages out?! *is shocked*
It's down-right criminal!
And colouring your manga in? o_O
Cool ^_^
I might buy another copy of volume 11 and colour it it =D
I know, I hate when they do that too, but its only when I borrow from my friend's library.
Ooh, yes, Volume 11, if there is ever a manga I will buy, it would be volume 11
Hey, does anyone remeber how many vaca's Tohru took with the Sohma's? I can't remember.

I.can't.wait.any.longer.
*pulls hair out*
I need volume 15 T_T
No, don't pull your hair out yet! Actually, don't pull your hair out at all, because before you know it, December will come.
At least thats what I tell myself.
But at least you have the manga.
I propose a topic. *gasps* Has anyone done that on this thread?
If you have any manga or a good memory, post down funny, cute, sad, happy quotes from any fruits basket books
Me no have any book of fruits basket right now, shoot, I don't even have a single manga in my house.... unless volume 4 of Fruits Basket hasn't been returned.
Off-topuc: I am sad, sad I am, the TV broke down yesterday and dad wants the cable gone. Yes I am sad, sad I am. And bored, ohhh yes, very bored.

The Red Butterfly
25th August 2006, 9:43 PM
OOOOH quotes I <3 doing that^^ My fave quotes:

Yuki: Besides, I'm not fit to be Prince Charming
Obssesed Yuki Fangirls with weird eyes: That's not true

Kyoko: What can I say it was time to move on.

Rin: Because it's ok for it to end with nothing left in my hands.

I know I have other's but I can't think of any right now *thinks of Nabe and Kimi scenarios* I think I've mentioned all my quotes before though XD

@Uzamaki: Awww ;; don't woory school starts soon for you so then you'll be side-tacked by that^^

Staryu
26th August 2006, 1:32 AM
My favorites are:

Kyo: So what - are you gonna hit me now?
Yuki: And wouldn't it hurt more if I didn't.

Akito: Don't get concieted you little *****

Akito: You....are not needed.

The Red Butterfly
26th August 2006, 1:39 AM
^ That one is sooo sad though ;; Akito was a meanie and poor Rin, that must have hurt oO at least she was optimistic about the fall XD

More quotes:

Fangirls: Yuuuuuki-kun we finished cleaning the student council^^ It looks great now.
Yuki:...
Kimi: EEEEEEEEHHHH???!! You call that pretty, it looks as if a typhoon hit it. Are you harrasing Yun-Yun?

Kakeru: <3 Yun-Yun, hurry to Kakeru! Oopsie, did I make a boo-boo?! <3

edit: congrats on 50 posts Uzamaki, you only 50 more till the big 1-0-0 =D (sounds like I'm celebrating you're 100th b-day XD)

Uzamaki Hinata
26th August 2006, 7:56 AM
@Uzamaki: Awww ;; don't woory school starts soon for you so then you'll be side-tacked by that^^
True, tomorrow is the official school shopping! I checked my backpack, I haven't emptied it out since school in June, wowz.

edit: congrats on 50 posts Uzamaki, you only 50 more till the big 1-0-0 =D (sounds like I'm celebrating you're 100th b-day XD)
XXD
50 posts, awesome! Now, I made it 51, 49 more until the big 100!
^^ My 100'th b-day, glad thats a looong way from here!

Kyo: So what - are you gonna hit me now?
Yuki: And wouldn't it hurt more if I didn't.
Cruel Yuki! Wasn't that the same time he said: Listen, don't get stupid infront of Akito!
I don't remeber so much, but wowz, when volume 11 came in it was the first day of winter break or something, I remember being so excited that I read it in the car on the way to the grocery store, my mom thought I was crazy.
And when Kyo first admitted he loved Tohru *sniffs* just beautiful, absolutely beautiful, and sad.
And volume 6, I read that one over so many times, Hiro and Kyo are number one to me, they're both such awesome characters and their romances are similar, dontch think? Hiro= Mini Kyo
Letssee, I'm gonna try to remember a quote, correct me if I'm wrong.
Kyo: Tohru
Tohru: Eh?
Kyo: A present
Tohru::sqeals with delight:: Ah, hermit crab-san!

Where ever there is a Tohru, you'll surely find an "eh" lying around.
Seriously, dats all the girl says, well, most of what she says.

Kirsty_
26th August 2006, 11:32 AM
If you have any manga or a good memory, post down funny, cute, sad, happy quotes from any fruits basket books...

I'm a tiny bit sad.
Because I own Volumes 1-14, I tend to stick little post-its on my favourite pages/pages with awsome scences/quotes.
^_^'

There are way too many moments T_T

I'll just post a few..

Yuki: "put it in a bottle, pointed away from you, and light the end of the fuse."
*pause*
Oh. It says not to hold it in your hands or point it at people or buildings.
*Haru points at Kyo*
Kyo: He's pointing it at me!!
Haru: It's all right. I'm sure you can dodge it, Kyo. I believe in you.
Kyo: Don't believe in me.
Haru: Think of it like dodge-ball with rockets.

Yuki: ...eh? Hanajima-san... ...Likes Shihan?
Hanajima: But...I'm a bit nervous about having such a large child..
Arisa: It'll all work out! Right?!
Kyo: Wait, Dammit! There's no way I'd want Hanajima as my mom!
Shigure: So you're all ignoring Kazuma-Dono's feelings?

Makoto Takei: But with regard to your hair--Can you prove that's your natural color?!
Haru: I can.
Takei: OHO?! And how exactly would you prove it?! I demand legitimate evidence!!
*Haru drags Takei to Men's restroom*
Takei: Er... Wait... Um...
The evidence is irrefuteable. The world is filled with things I have yet to comprehend...
Kyo: *thinking* Did he show him..?
Yuki: *thinking* He showed him.

There are so many moments..I don't have the time to write them all down T_T

Kyo: Tohru
Tohru: Eh?
Kyo: A present
Tohru::sqeals with delight:: Ah, hermit crab-san!

It's...

Kyo: Tohru.
Tohru: Yes?!
Kyo: Here. A souvenir.
Tohru::sqeals with delight:: Ah! Hermit crab-san!! It's adorable!

=D
So cute!

Xiang
26th August 2006, 3:25 PM
I'mmmmm baaaaack!

I don't think anyone would remember me though xD It's been such a long time since I've been here, and I haven't been able to read a single page of Fruits Basket for months ;_; I'll have access to Furuba once school starts again.

I'll always have one favorite quote, but I'm not sure if its accurate anymore so don't correct it, I'll just feel bad.

Momiji: Kyo's got the hots!

Interestingly enough, "Momiji" also is a Japanese maple

Besides that, HiroxKisa will always be my favorite couple. I found and read this awesome HiroxKisa fanfiction on fanfiction.net, click here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2655534/1/) to read it. It's not by me, but if you are a HiroxKisa, you MUST READ IT!

:D

-"Kisa"

The Red Butterfly
26th August 2006, 3:48 PM
^ =DDDDDDDDDDDD welcome back!! How could we forget you?

Anyways, I totally agree I don't think Tohru went one chapter (or maybe even one page) withough saying EH? XD

Also I loved how she addressed Rin when she first saw her:

Tohru: EH?! H-Horse-san what are you doing here? XD ALso will Yuki ever call her Tohru?

Kirsty_
26th August 2006, 6:20 PM
Wayy welcome back ^_^
I can't remember you..because I've not been here long myself.
I love the way Tohru always says "eh?" ^_^
Reminds me of well..me.
But I only say Eh alot because I don't listen...

The Red Butterfly
26th August 2006, 6:45 PM
^ XD well she say's it even when she does listen XD

XXD
50 posts, awesome! Now, I made it 51, 49 more until the big 100!
^^ My 100'th b-day, glad thats a looong way from here!
YAAAAY you're getting closer....so scary XD yes we still have a good whatever plus 15 equals 100 years left^^ *is not in the mood to do simple math*

More quote =D
I wonder if one day I'll be pushed away like that

Yuki: Please lend me your strength
My reaction: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Tohru: Isn't Kyo a good cook Shishou? The medly soup he made me tasted very good.
Tohru *^^*
Shishou: oO
Kyo: -_-;;
Shishou: he made it for you?^^...I see
Kyo: You know what on second thought Shishou just get out of the kitchen, go read your book or something, just get out!

Uzamaki Hinata
26th August 2006, 7:34 PM
Yayz! Welcome back Hyuuga Hinata! Although I wasn'y here when you used to post, but whateves
Thanks for the corrections Kirsty and I love your quotes you guys! I found my fourth volume. Heh heh, turns out I didn't return it, so it's probably over due... that isn't good.
Oh wellz, onto the quotes, beautiful quotes!
Fourth book quotes
Kyo: WHAT'S WITH THAT OUTFIT?!
Arisa: What do you mean?
Hanajima: Is it too plain?
Kyo: NOT YOU!
Thats when they were visiting the graves.
Kyo: Hm? Why's she sleeping here...?
::bends over and starts to shake Tohru:: Hey. Its pretty windy out here... you'll catch cold. C'mon! Wake up!
Tohru: AH HA HA HA HA! Ha...
Kyo::thinks and sweatdrops:: She sleeps like a little kid!
::looks over at Tohru and begins to bend over:: Hey... I'm sorry... okay...?

Mysteria Pearl
26th August 2006, 8:49 PM
Well. . . I love the line where Yuki's all
"Say my name. . ." and then he tells machi (after he kisses her) to say it again. 0_o

Also Kyo and Yuki (I'm pretty sure this part's out in English) - Can we have a revote? hahaha. . . yuki got the fairy godmother!!! XD muaha. I love the play part.

all Kyo's lines I like. :D yay!

The Red Butterfly
26th August 2006, 9:09 PM
::looks over at Tohru and begins to bend over:: Hey... I'm sorry... okay...?

;; I <3 that part and kyo it's not your fault (completely) ;_____________;

XDDDDD I know and Kyo got prince charming, I think the roles are funny^^

Mysteria Pearl
26th August 2006, 9:11 PM
The roles suit them so well... but Saki and Tohru seriously need to switch roles XD

The Red Butterfly
26th August 2006, 9:16 PM
XDD yes they do but I have faith in Tohru, she can play the evil step sister =D as for Hana...this should be intersting^^

Also I have a question, is Kakaru's gf's name: Komachi?

Mysteria Pearl
26th August 2006, 9:41 PM
When you read the play, you will laugh so hard! It's really cute, but Cinderella doesn't even end up with Prince charming. There's some (alot in my opinion) of Kyoru fluffiness! Yay! It's great, really! And Cinderella's dress ish black xD

Kirsty_
26th August 2006, 9:52 PM
When you read the play, you will laugh so hard! It's really cute, but Cinderella doesn't even end up with Prince charming. There's some (alot in my opinion) of Kyoru fluffiness! Yay! It's great, really! And Cinderella's dress ish black xD

Lmao...
Wow ^_^
That has put my mind at ease..
But has only made me want volume 15 even more! T_T

I laughed so hard at the list of roles for the Cinderella play..
Yuki = Fairy-Godmother = Priceless ;)

Libra
27th August 2006, 12:53 AM
I love Fruit Basket. Especially the manga series since it shows more in-depth of what is happening around the characters. My favorite characters is Rin, the Horse (Hatsu came close second). Ever since i read the latest volume and saw her despair, omigosh, i was madly in love with her ever since! Love it how they show her background and her personality more rather then a simple wallflower character. Cant wait for the next volume to come out, hopefully theyll show some background of Kureno, the Rooster.

Speaking of Fruit Basket, i really need to go back and make some signature banners of all the characters. I only made two (Hatsu and Tohru) and then quit for some reason, haha.

Uzamaki Hinata
27th August 2006, 6:21 AM
Welcome Libra!

"Say my name. . ." and then he tells machi (after he kisses her) to say it again.
*squeals* Omg, dat is so CUTE!!!! *fangirlish scream* I am getting so caught up with Yuki and Machi, I think I'm forgetting kyohru, noooo, Kyo and Tohru are the cuuuutest!!!

You're sooo lucky you already read the books!(however far you read it) Cinderalla's dress is back, I would have expected much! I mean, this is Hanajima we're talking about!
Kyohru goodness? Awesome! I just REALLY can't wait for this book now! Someone(anyone) find someway to get it too me now because God knows I'm not a patient person. XD

The Red Butterfly
27th August 2006, 5:14 PM
^same as everyone else. I can't wait either and it sounds like it'll be great hopefully december gets here before we know it =D Also with Hana being Cinderella it's pretty funny that her dress is black.

Quote:

Hana: Well I've worn this color so much I feel un-comfortable without it. Besides the whe town would be in an uproar if we were to wear pink or yellow now. XD

Mysteria Pearl
27th August 2006, 11:06 PM
*squeals* Omg, dat is so CUTE!!!! *fangirlish scream* I am getting so caught up with Yuki and Machi, I think I'm forgetting kyohru, noooo, Kyo and Tohru are the cuuuutest!!!

Yep! Machi and Yuki have to be one of my fav couples!!! (Other than Kyoru)

You're sooo lucky you already read the books!(however far you read it) Cinderalla's dress is back, I would have expected much! I mean, this is Hanajima we're talking about!
Kyohru goodness? Awesome! I just REALLY can't wait for this book now! Someone(anyone) find someway to get it too me now because God knows I'm not a patient person. XD

Hanajima is such a hillarious Cinderella. You can look up scans in English and also there are some translation websites (For English, I'm pretty sure)

Hana: Well I've worn this color so much I feel un-comfortable without it. Besides the whe town would be in an uproar if we were to wear pink or yellow now. XD
Eh, I don't think black works vvery well on her. Pink or yellow would be more her coulours. (@ least, I think)

And. . . uh. . . yes, Furuba is the bestest!

~ Msyteria Pelar ~

Uzamaki Hinata
28th August 2006, 1:00 AM
Tomorrow is the first day of schoool! *throws hands up in the air**pulls them back down* Wait, should I be celebrating? Anyway, school being here emans you'll hardly be seeing me on the forums now, sad.

Quote:
XD, dats Hanajima!

Hanajima is such a hillarious Cinderella. You can look up scans in English and also there are some translation websites (For English, I'm pretty sure)
MP, you are making me more and more impatient!

Staryu
28th August 2006, 2:25 AM
Haha, I can't wait till I get that far. I'll be laughing. I thought the haunted house short thingy was hilarious.

I can't imagine Saki in yellow or pink.

Kirsty_
28th August 2006, 9:40 AM
Haha, I can't wait till I get that far. I'll be laughing. I thought the haunted house short thingy was hilarious.

I can't imagine Saki in yellow or pink.

Ha yes =P
I love how she's scared of haunted houses!

Hanajima: It's creepy how they're... ...so strange and mysterious..
Kyo: Strange? Creepy?
Yuki: But that's her! That describes her perfectly!!
Hanajima: They're creepy, aren't they...?
Kyo/Yuki: She's still saying it?!

The Red Butterfly
28th August 2006, 10:02 PM
^ XDD I remeber that. It was in volume eight wasn't it? Well I can see hana in pink or yellow but if she's more comfortable in black, it's whatever floats her boat!

Kirsty_
29th August 2006, 11:06 AM
^ XDD I remeber that. It was in volume eight wasn't it? Well I can see hana in pink or yellow but if she's more comfortable in black, it's whatever floats her boat!

Volume 9 ^_^
I can't really imagine her in yellow..
Maybe pink..
Pink and Black!
She would look so cute, I'm sure =P

Mysteria Pearl
29th August 2006, 5:43 PM
MP, you are making me more and more impatient!

Muahaha! I'm evil like that! XD *ACHOO!* (I feel sick today XD)

I can't imagine Saki in yellow or pink. I drew a picture of her in a pink and yellow flowy dress. . . I wonder where it went. . .

Pink and black. . . hmmn. . . I feel almost sorry for her. It's like a first- impression kind of thing. It's like if on the first week or so of school the only thing clean in your wordrobe is a pair of jeans and a blue t-shirt and you have to put your hair up in a ponytail, people seriously freak out if half way through the year, you wear your hair down, wear more makeup than eyeliner and lipgloss and wear a skirt. Seriously. (I only know that bcause it happened 2 me! XD) It really downplays the fact that you have your own originality. . .

if that just made sense, please let me know. . . cuz whenever I get sick, I just keep on rambling on and on and on. . . it's pretty funny XD So. . . I frankly don't understand what I just said. . . but. . . yeah. . .

~ mysteria PEarl ~

Kirsty_
29th August 2006, 7:33 PM
if that just made sense, please let me know. . . cuz whenever I get sick, I just keep on rambling on and on and on. . . it's pretty funny XD So. . . I frankly don't understand what I just said. . . but. . . yeah. . .

~ mysteria PEarl ~

Ha yeah, it made sense ^_^
I'm lucky I don't have to deal with that...
We have to wear icky school uniforms T_T
The School Uniforms in Furuba are so cute!
I wish the ones at mine were like that!

The Red Butterfly
29th August 2006, 9:45 PM
Yes the uniforms are cute and awww Mysteria you're still sick? ;; FEEL BETTER THAN AND THAT IS AN ORDER =D. Anyways yes you madecomplete sense (I too know that ordeal XD). Hana would look awesome in black & Pink, it's a cute combination!

Also I'm 15 today =DDDDDD FIANLLY!!!!

Kirsty_
30th August 2006, 6:12 PM

Wooo!
Happy Birthday! ^_^

...Do you think anyone from Fruits Basket will have a birthday?
Well, that's featured in the books.
I'd sure love to see Kyo give Tohru (or vise versa) a birthday kiss ;)

Mysteria Pearl
30th August 2006, 6:45 PM
Ha yeah, it made sense ^_^
I'm lucky I don't have to deal with that...
The School Uniforms in Furuba are so cute!
I wish the ones at mine were like that!
my school's uniforms are icky too! I'd probably look REALLY ugly in the ones from Furuba. . . I look ugly in about everything! XD

Yes the uniforms are cute and awww Mysteria you're still sick? ;; FEEL BETTER THAN AND THAT IS AN ORDER =D. Anyways yes you madecomplete sense (I too know that ordeal XD). Hana would look awesome in black & Pink, it's a cute combination!

*sniftle*
I will get better!!! XD maybe. . .

HAPPY B-DAY!!!!!!! *gives streamers and throws a cake!* wait. . . flip that. XD

A birthday kiss for Tohru!!! THAT WOULD BE LIKE JUST TOO CUTE!!! LIKE, OH MY GOSH!!!! XD I just used the word "like" in like two sentences. . . make that three XD

~ Msyteria PEarkl ~

The Red Butterfly
30th August 2006, 9:35 PM
Thank you Kirsty and Mysteria^^ also no I havent seen anyone celebrate birthdays...just anniversaries of depressing things XD I <3 the birthday kiss idea though, that is too cute.

You know that for a fact when someone describes it using "like" a million times XD^^

Staryu
31st August 2006, 4:01 AM
Happy Birthday, Kelsey! <3 Pairs!

To stay on topic..weee!

The Red Butterfly
31st August 2006, 9:56 PM
Thank you Ryan^^

*sniftle*
I will get better!!! XD maybe. . .

No, no-not maybe YOU WILL ^^

I'd like to see how many presents Yun-Yun would get on his birthday (the fangilrs would preobably try to out-buy eachother and he'd get awesome gifts) =D

Mysteria Pearl
4th September 2006, 3:20 AM
Thank you Kirsty and Mysteria^^ You're welcome! :D

also no I havent seen anyone celebrate birthdays...just anniversaries of depressing things XD I <3 the birthday kiss idea though, that is too cute.

I know! It's, like, totally adorible!

You know that for a fact when someone describes it using "like" a million times XD^^ Like, oh my gosh! I, like totally know! Like. . . like that would be, like, the cutest thing, like, ever! (now I'm just being annoying XD *ducks tomatoes* muaha!)

~ Mysteria Pearl ~ GOOD GRAVY!!! I SPELLED IT RIGHT!!!!

The Red Butterfly
4th September 2006, 3:26 AM

=O *throw's confetti and brings out a cake* Pearl you have to take a picture to remeber this by XD.

Like, oh my gosh! I, like totally know! Like. . . like that would be, like, the cutest thing, like, ever! (now I'm just being annoying XD *ducks tomatoes* muaha!)

XDD but it's true, it like the cutest like thing like ever^^ (I sound like the ditzy girls at my school XD ). Don't worry iw on't throw tomatoes at you =-D.

I know! It's, like, totally adorible!

Indeed ;D It makes yuo feel all happy inside just thinking about it!

..I quoted from the bottom up in your post XD

Mysteria Pearl
4th September 2006, 3:32 AM
=O *throw's confetti and brings out a cake* Pearl you have to take a picture to remeber this by XD.
CAKE!!! CAKE!!! I LOVE CAKE! *gets caught in the comfetti* ouch!!
*takes out camera* *flash* OWWWW-OUCH!!!!!!! OUCH! I, eheh, forgot to turn off the flash XD ouch!

XDD but it's true, it like the cutest like thing like ever^^ (I sound like the ditzy girls at my school XD ). Don't worry i won't throw tomatoes at you =-D.
LIKE TOTALLY!! XD Yay! No tomatoes!!!

Indeed ;D It makes you feel all happy inside just thinking about it!
..I quoted from the bottom up in your post XD I KNOW! LIKE, totally!
And I quoted from top to bottom!!! XD

~ Mysretoa Perl ~

The Red Butterfly
4th September 2006, 3:40 AM
CAKE!!! CAKE!!! I LOVE CAKE! *gets caught in the comfetti* ouch!!
*takes out camera* *flash* OWWWW-OUCH!!!!!!! OUCH! I, eheh, forgot to turn off the flash XD ouch!

XDD silly girl *pulls out camera with no flash and gets picture* there now we have it captured on film^^

LIKE TOTALLY!! XD Yay! No tomatoes!!!

OMG I know <3 they really should do birthdays because you'd think they'd mention sweet sixteens or something ;;. Aren't they juniors in high school by book 13?

I KNOW! LIKE, totally!
And I quoted from top to bottom!!! XD

~ Mysretoa Perl ~

Me too this time =D I got un-lazy to make myself drag the mouse up higher XD.

Mysteria Pearl
4th September 2006, 3:43 AM
Actually, I'm not sure if they're counting the year they were born or not. Most of them are 17/18.

hehehe!

The Red Butterfly
4th September 2006, 3:51 AM
That does make sense (although the mabudachi trio are almost 30 =O) Oh dear Tori-san is getting too old for me XD

Staryu
4th September 2006, 4:50 AM
I don't get what girls like in Hatori?

Even I sometimes like guys, but I wouldn't pick him out of the Furuba guys..hardly. Haru's more like it. =P

Kirsty_
4th September 2006, 7:41 AM

Even I sometimes like guys, but I wouldn't pick him out of the Furuba guys..hardly. Haru's more like it. =P

Humm There's just something about Hatori =P
But I like Haru more..

Saffire Persian
4th September 2006, 8:11 AM
Hmm.. about time I posted in this thread.

I'm quite a fan of Fruits Basket - though I'm just crawling through the first part of the Manga, though I've seen all of the anime. I generally don't dislike many characters in the series - with the only exceptions so far being the Boar girl and that one character that's part of the zodiac.. the one who has.. like bipolar diorder.. good heavens that character disturbed me in the anime - forgot the character's name though. It's been awhile.

My favorite characters would have to be Shiguire and Ayame (especially when they're together.. they crack me up.) though I like Yuki a lot, while all the other characters fall below it.

And I've heard things about the anime and the direction its going, so no surprise about the pairings, though I admit I'm both a fan of Yuki/Tohru and Kyo/Tohru, more so to the first even if it's not cannon. ^^ Still cute though - and no matter which way the manga could've gone pairing-wise (Yuki or Kyo) , I think it would've been just as good.

Wild Cherry
4th September 2006, 12:22 PM
My favourites are Momiji and Kisa.

The Red Butterfly
4th September 2006, 4:42 PM
I'm quite a fan of Fruits Basket - though I'm just crawling through the first part of the Manga, though I've seen all of the anime. I generally don't dislike many characters in the series - with the only exceptions so far being the Boar girl and that one character that's part of the zodiac.. the one who has.. like bipolar diorder.. good heavens that character disturbed me in the anime - forgot the character's name though. It's been awhile.

Yaay a new face(er..poster) over here^^ and yep the boar would be Kagura...yeah she can be a tad clingy XD. Well that's cool that your reading the manga now it's really good! Also yes, Shigure and Ayaa are hilarious together-I love how they keep creeping out poor Yuki and Kyo XD.

My favourites are Momiji and Kisa.

=O Another poster too? Sweet, anyways yes Momitichi and Kisa are adorable and it's funny when yuo thorw Hiro into the picture with them XD.

*sighs* Hatori is just plain cute <3 and he's got that whole sensitive, serious and lonely thing going for him that just makes you want to give him a hug^____^ *Hug's Haa-san* Haru is cool though ;D

Uzamaki Hinata
4th September 2006, 8:24 PM
Ello Saffire Persian and Dark Dragonite! Awesome, new fans! =D Yayz!

Wellz, I haven't posted for sometime and its about time I came over and did.

You don't like Hatori!? Awe, but he's like, the best male character(or maybe its Kyo, or was it Momitichi? No, it was Hiro. Ack! I can't decide) Anyway my reason would be, well, what Kelsey said. Plus the power to control Ayaa is a plus for him, makes him more lovable! And Haru's cool! Especially when he was little!

Me too, wish I had Furuuba's uniforms too, instead I have to wear this *points to too-ugly-to-explain-uniform*

Muahaha! I'm evil like that! XD *ACHOO!* (I feel sick today XD)
That seems to be catching on... now I'm sick! XD But I have a soar throat too, my voice sounds totally weird!

CELEBRATION! =D

That does make sense (although the mabudachi trio are almost 30 =O) Oh dear Tori-san is getting too old for me XD
15 years older! You still want Hatori?

The Red Butterfly
4th September 2006, 8:37 PM
Plus the power to control Ayaa is a plus for him,

XDD that is VERY true, he's one of the only people ;D plus let's not forget that he must look after Shigure too and together with Ayaa those two can be a handful XD

That seems to be catching on... now I'm sick! XD But I have a soar throat too, my voice sounds totally weird!

Oh dear, why is everybody getting so sick ;; *gives Uza-chan blankie and soup of her choice* luckily you can probably get yourself out of school presentations that way XDD.

;_____________________; well he is Mayu's so it's a moo point anyways XD but hey even at 30 you got to admit, he is still looking fine XD (I'm guessing he'll age very well)

kogawolfman
5th September 2006, 1:12 AM
Yay Furuba....ya...so, I read some of the posts on this last page considering the thread is so long I would die before reading it all and I have to say, that Haa-san is my favorite character of them all. I wish he got more of the spotlight than he does, but oh well. Other than him, I like Yuki, Aaya, Shii-san and Rin. I hate Akito with a burning passion of death. I really liked volume 14 and wish I could get some backstory on more of the characters....

Mysteria Pearl
5th September 2006, 2:42 AM

NOOOOO! Not Tori-kuuuun!!! yesh. . . they getting to be. . . like. . . old farts XD

*gawk* HOW CAN ANYBODY NOT LIKE HA-KUN!? He loved Kana enough to make himself miserable for life to save her happiness! *sobbs*

yep. Yukiru just NEVER had a chance XD GO MACHI x YUKI! GO KYORU!

*sighs* Hatori is just plain cute <3 and he's got that whole sensitive, serious and lonely thing going for him that just makes you want to give him a hug^____^ *Hug's Haa-san* Haru is cool though ;D I KNOW!!! *squeals*

You don't like Hatori!? Awe, but he's like, the best male character(or maybe its Kyo, or was it Momitichi? No, it was Hiro. Ack! I can't decide) Anyway my reason would be, well, what Kelsey said. Plus the power to control Ayaa is a plus for him, makes him more lovable! And Haru's cool! Especially when he was little!

HAHAHA! I totally agree!

HAHAHA! fear me! I am infectious! (not really XD)

If not, I'll gladly take him! XD

I really liked volume 14 and wish I could get some backstory on more of the characters.... Just ask away and we'll *everyone else: "SPEAK FOR YOURSELF MP!"* eheh. . . I'll try to answer. . .

kogawolfman
5th September 2006, 2:47 AM
Just ask away and we'll *everyone else: "SPEAK FOR YOURSELF MP!"* eheh. . . I'll try to answer. . .

Have most of you read through to the end? (22)

Staryu
5th September 2006, 5:13 PM
the one who has.. like bipolar diorder.. good heavens that character disturbed me in the anime - forgot the character's name though. It's been awhile.
Kagura. She's awesome..her in the manga's much better -- I'll admit I didn't like her when she first came into the manga, now she's one of my favorites.

Saffire Persian
5th September 2006, 6:24 PM
Kagura. She's awesome..her in the manga's much better -- I'll admit I didn't like her when she first came into the manga, now she's one of my favorites.

Kagura did bug me at times, but not all the time.But she wasn't the one who really bugged me. I think it's Ritsu... o.o I mean, one moment he'd be fine, the next he would be bouncing off the wall moaning and complaining. o.0 ... Maybe it was the English VA that made me scared of him, but meh.

Staryu
5th September 2006, 7:08 PM
The English VA was a horrible choice and bad decision for Ritsu's voice. As far as I know, he hasn't appeared in the manga at all except for his debut =\

The Red Butterfly
5th September 2006, 9:43 PM

A lot of us know how it ends but havent read it so a lot of can help you if you want to know anything^^.

NOOOOO! Not Tori-kuuuun!!! yesh. . . they getting to be. . . like. . . old farts XD

;; indeed but hey at least they're still cute (and have good personality's...to a certain accent XD)

Mysteria Pearl
7th September 2006, 12:29 AM

I've read it all *sniff* and I have to say, it is the best series I have EVER read.

;; indeed but hey at least they're still cute (and have good personality's...to a certain accent XD)
yeah! XD *drools*

~ Mysteira PEark ~

The Red Butterfly
7th September 2006, 2:48 AM
I've read it all *sniff* and I have to say, it is the best series I have EVER read.

I have to feelings about that:

1.) =D Furuba is an excellent series and I can't wait ill I'm that far!
2.) I AM JELOUS >O I want to know how the best series ever ends <3

Oh also I want to know, (well need to know XD) Does Kimi stay in the series (she's one of my fave characters). I know Machi does and I know Kakeru does but that's what I want to know^^.

Megchan
7th September 2006, 6:50 PM
I have to feelings about that:

2.) I AM JELOUS >O I want to know how the best series ever ends <3

Oh also I want to know, (well need to know XD) Does Kimi stay in the series (she's one of my fave characters). I know Machi does and I know Kakeru does but that's what I want to know^^.

Actually I don't think it's ended. I read chapter 132 myself, and on the last page it says to be continued on 9-20. :/

The Red Butterfly
7th September 2006, 9:39 PM
=O so there is more^^ that's great! (Thanks for clearing that up as well ;D ).

Edit: Also........*drum roll* I HAVE 300 posts^__________________^ *dances around*

Mysteria Pearl
8th September 2006, 4:12 AM
2.) I AM JELOUS >O I want to know how the best series ever ends <3 Megchan's right, it hasn't ended! But I want Kyo to ask Tohru to marry him! (but who knows, they all might dissapear for all I know XD)

Kimi, yes, she's there. . . and strange as ever! she's not a main MAIN character, but. . . more or less (XD) she's still there. :)

~ MP ~

Purplemoon
8th September 2006, 4:27 AM
I haven't been here in ages... bad me >.<
I must read more Fruits basket. The 19th volume has been released on the Australian madman site.
I do prefer how the Tokyopop versions of Fruits Basket look like. I feel like buying volume 14 again just to have all the zodiac members.

EDIT: My friend has been borrowing volumes 17 and 18 for ages... I want to read them again!

Mysteria Pearl
8th September 2006, 3:04 PM
hahaha; that's a hillarious friend. XD

yeah. . . I wanna buy them in all the languages, but if I did, I'd be broke. XD

EDIT: What am I talking about!? I'm already broke from buying too many mangas XD

Purplemoon
8th September 2006, 10:39 PM
She's not returned them yet cause we hven't seen each other for awhile...
I've been rereading Furuba and have read up to 16 but I can't read 17 and 18 because my friend is borrowing them like I have said before.
The only manga I ever buy is Fruits Basket... But my mom pays for those since she reads Fruits Basket as well.
Yay for manga. I should take a picture of my pitiful manga collection which only has Fruits Basket in it...

Staryu
9th September 2006, 12:05 AM
Edit: Also........*drum roll* I HAVE 300 posts^__________________^ *dances around*

Horrah, horrah! =D I'm STILL on book 12..reading like..1/2 chapter a week @_@

Mysteria Pearl
9th September 2006, 12:18 AM
if I read them that slowly. . . I'd blow up. . . . literally XD! I read them completely within a half an hour so. . . yeah. XD

she reads Fruits Basket as well.
haha! Lucky! I've only been sucessful at hooking my mom on two animation / manga series; but she gets confused to easily with Furuba XD muaha

~ Mysteria PEarl ~

The Red Butterfly
9th September 2006, 12:33 AM

Thank you^^ and do you have book thirteen or fourteen yet? (I love those two!!!)

haha! Lucky! I've only been sucessful at hooking my mom on two animation / manga series; but she gets confused to easily with Furuba XD muaha

XD I almost made my mom fall asleep when I told her the enite Furuba story(that I knew of at that time). Also only one of my friends has read it nd she stopped after 3 volumes and no one else has heard of it ;;. Also yaay for kimi staying^^

Uzamaki Hinata
9th September 2006, 12:51 AM
Yayz! *celebrates with friend* Wow, you've been a die-hard fan for a long time really, hey, that gives me an idea for a question.
When did you start reading Fruits Basket?
I did it last year, or the year before, all I know is it is in ninth or eighth grade, my brain is mixed up.

Hey Purplemoon, maybe I'm late for saying this, and maybe ppl have already said this(?), but welcome back(have you actually left?) Haven't seen you post in some time.

XD I almost made my mom fall asleep when I told her the enite Furuba story(that I knew of at that time). Also only one of my friends has read it nd she stopped after 3 volumes and no one else has heard of it ;;. Also yaay for kimi staying^^
I have a lot of friends who are into Fruits Basket(yea, I know I've already mentioned this before) They were all surprised that I got volume 14 before them, usually I'm borrow the volume from them because my library is so slow with them. ^^

Awe, well hope you get another volume soon, 13 and 14 were awesome books!

Megchan's right, it hasn't ended! But I want Kyo to ask Tohru to marry him! (but who knows, they all might dissapear for all I know XD)
*gasps* Do they get that far?!
Oooh, COME ON AMERICA, GET MORE VOLUMES OF FRUITS BASKET NOW!!!!

A lot of us know how it ends but havent read it so a lot of can help you if you want to know anything^^.
You know how it ends? Does it end with Tohru in Kyo's arms? heh heh, I would like that.

Mysteria Pearl
9th September 2006, 1:09 AM
no, it doesn't end like that so far, (we can only hope XD!!) but, my hands, like, shake whenever I think about what's going to happen in hte last chapter!!! I can't wait!!! *hyperventalating!*

~ MP ~

Staryu
9th September 2006, 2:59 AM
It's not that I can't GET books 13/14..it's just that I don't wanna sweep through them..and then wait three months @_@

New furuba sig ^^

The Red Butterfly
9th September 2006, 7:11 PM
I know it's so cool =D Poor Isuzu ;; and Ren is a meanie >O

When did you start reading Fruits Basket?

Almost a year ago, I had books 1,2,and 12 (I read them a little out of order XD) I think talking about that was frist post as well =O

I lOVE FRUITS BASKET!!!!!! I only read 1&2 and I have 12 cuz I can't find 3-10 ANYWHERE!!!!!!!! It sux!!!! Well I'm a fan of Kyo&Tohru, I also like Rin and Yuki!!!!(Not together, I just like the characters!!)

Well....needless to say I eventually found 3-11 alnog with 13 and 14 =D

Staryu
9th September 2006, 10:38 PM
How did you NOT find books 3-10? XD..how many bookstores do you have? Even at BN you can order it there, and then go pick it up!

Mysteria Pearl
10th September 2006, 5:21 AM
When did I start reading Furuba? Like two years ago, or so.

Nice siggy, Staryu :D

The Red Butterfly
10th September 2006, 5:45 PM
How did you NOT find books 3-10? XD..how many bookstores do you have? Even at BN you can order it there, and then go pick it up!

XDD I know, I got my first Furuba book at Target so I hought that they only sold them there XD (Of course a trip to B&N later proved other-wise XD)

Staryu
11th September 2006, 3:03 AM
I didn't even think Target had manga...

Mysteria Pearl
12th September 2006, 1:24 AM
There are so many stores I didn't even know carried manga until I started reading alot of them XD

The Red Butterfly
13th September 2006, 12:16 AM
^same as me XD and yes suprisingly enough they did have some oO but I havent seen any since. It looks like I was meant to read Furuba <333 XDD

Xiang
13th September 2006, 3:45 AM
How did you first hear about Furuba?

My first post in a while ^_^ I'm so lucky too, I've claimed two Furuba couples!

I have a really crazy friend who has read a lot of different manga, and she recommended it to me. I wasn't too interested at the time (being a young Pokefanatic) and she shoved volume 7 or 8 into my face and I was hooked, but it took me a while to remember all the names @_@

Burning Effigy
13th September 2006, 4:05 AM
Furuba is awsome I cant wait for volume 15 in English and the second culture festival.

The Red Butterfly
13th September 2006, 7:41 PM
^ me either, but it's only a three month more wait ;;.

@Hyuuga Hinata: Yes, good to hear from you^^ and Hiro and Kisa is one of my coupldes too XD you did claim good ones though ;D

Mysteria Pearl
15th September 2006, 12:24 AM
I've claimed two Furuba couples!

*absolutely dies* I AM SO JEALOUS!!! YOU CLAIMED KYO x TOHRU!?!? Wow! U R so lucky!

Burning Effigy
15th September 2006, 12:45 AM

:( Well Rin is my bishie.

Purplemoon
15th September 2006, 2:10 AM
Hey Purplemoon, maybe I'm late for saying this, and maybe ppl have already said this(?), but welcome back(have you actually left?) Haven't seen you post in some time.
I went on holiday for about a week then I was doing... stuff for school.
Or something like that anyway XD

I started readinf Furuba a year ago I think.

Staryu
16th September 2006, 10:06 PM
Hmm. I started reading Furuba in January.

Uzamaki Hinata
17th September 2006, 12:05 AM
It's not that I can't GET books 13/14..it's just that I don't wanna sweep through them..and then wait three months @_@

New furuba sig ^^
Oh, makes sense, better than the rest(or maybe just me) who has to die for like three months(?) Its sad.
Congrats on the sig, I like it Staryu :D

Noooo, lucky! You clamied Kyo and Tohru AND Hiro and Kisa!? MY TWO FAVORITE SHIPS!!!!! Oh, has any1 claimed Yuki and Machi yet????

The Red Butterfly
17th September 2006, 2:05 AM
^ =O I don't think so, that's a great ship^^ I'll probably end up claiming Haru x Rin or Katsuya x Kyoko *gasps in shock*.

Anyway's yes you're not alone I die for three months as well until the next book gets out and revives me (that I AGAIN finish in like a day.) Unless of course I have great self-control and finish it in two days XD.

Staryu
17th September 2006, 3:02 AM
Haha, I've claimed Yuki x Haru. xP...I'd like to claim Rin x Haru..

Xiang
17th September 2006, 3:27 PM
Kyo and Tohru and Hiro and Kisa are my favorite Furuba couples too D:

I would be even happier if I could claim Kisa <3, but I can't ):

Mysteria Pearl
18th September 2006, 4:26 AM
Man! I wish I had claimed one of those. . . but I've already claimed my couples :D Oh well. . . I AM STILL A HUUUUGE FURUBA FAN! (Who, may I add, is obsessed XD)

The Red Butterfly
18th September 2006, 10:13 PM
^ You obsessed with Furuba? Oh my what has the world come to XD Yes, I beileve that the majority of us here are pretty fond of the series (just guessing, I'm not too certain XD).

Anyway, I got a Furuba journal <3 and I totally love this about Rin x Haru and Kisa x Hiro. Rin is like an older sister to Hiro since they're always by eachother and Haru is like a big brother to Kisa <333 I thought that was adorable with those two ships together XD

Staryu
18th September 2006, 10:25 PM
About Haru, Rin, Kisa & Hiro...I saw this "chart" somewhere, and I thought it was pretty cool..

Haru-----------------Kisa
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
Rin----------------Hiro|

| Represents love.
- Represents friendship.

I know you guys already know about them and all..but I like the chart so I made it xD

Xiang
18th September 2006, 10:28 PM
Isn't it interesting? They parallel :o

*hugs ship* I've never been happier ^_^

Hiro isn't so happy with Haru though, and I'm not sure about Rin and Kisa o-o

Staryu
18th September 2006, 10:33 PM
Uhh.....it didn't post like it did when I typed it @_@...well, the second line is supposed to be with Hiro x Kisa.

The Red Butterfly
18th September 2006, 10:45 PM
ooh the chart is fun^^ and appearntly everyone else realised it already XD *doesn't feel special anymore*.

Mysteria Pearl
19th September 2006, 4:12 AM
Haru is like a big brother to Kisa <333 I thought that was adorable with those two ships together XD

I know! They are, like, SO adorible!!!

Staryu; that's pretty kool! XD
you's ish special! Just like meat soup. XD

~ MP ~

The Red Butterfly
21st September 2006, 12:38 AM
I'm still special? Oo Yaaaaaay<3 *feels loved but is a bit curious about the meat soup XD*

Well, I re-read vol.13 and 14 last night along with excerpts (spelling?) from nine and I didn't know that was the volume that revealed that Yuki was the boy that showed Tohru her way home ;; I noticed it when at the end they showed him with his hat off XP.

Mysteria Pearl
21st September 2006, 3:11 PM
yes, but he stole Kyo's job. It WAS basically his job to find her. After all, he was asked. Yuki is a big meanie!!! *cries*

The Red Butterfly
22nd September 2006, 12:30 AM
Well look at it this way, they eventually did meet right (wasn't the best first impression but still XD).

Anyway....Was Kyon too lazy to or did Yun-YUn just take the job instead XD

Mysteria Pearl
23rd September 2006, 2:23 AM
Kyo-kyo wasn't lazy!

XD Anyhoo, CHAPTER 133 was SOOOOO adorible!!!! *SCREAMS LIKE A SQUEALISH PRISSY GIRL* "EEEEEEEEEEE!" SO CUTE!

Minami Itsuki
23rd September 2006, 7:02 PM
D::

I AM THAT DAMN BACK! ;D

I missed LOADS of Furuba I think...D:

Anyone care to fill me in with the latest chappies and such? XDD

The Red Butterfly
23rd September 2006, 8:38 PM
Vy...who XD glad to have ya back! Well that depends, have you read book 13 and 14 yet? Book 13 deals with the school trip and some girl asks Kyo out and he say's no *gasps in shock*.

SPOILERS.....for those who havent read beyond 12 XP

Um....also The student council has another very "unique" meeting. Oh, and Yun-Yun;s mom finally appears and she is not nice >O she was cruel and stomped off yelling "I wish i hadn't given birth to either of you" (Ayame came to his parents conference as well^^).

Book 14: All about Rin and Rin x Haru, baisically how they met, when they'd hang out and how much she loved him and what not XD. It also tells anout hiw Rin's family falls apart and her parents abandon her. Everyone just about knows that Rin is looking for a way to break the curse and her and Tohru become partners ;D. Yuki and Machi finally talk^^. At the end YUki admitts to kakeru that he see's tohru a sa mommy *awwws*

well......if you already read all of this sorry for typing it all out XDD. Plus for the very far chapters you'd have to speak with Pearl about those ;D.

Eternity Absol
24th September 2006, 12:17 AM
*whines* I haven't posted here in, like, FOREVER. D: Anyways, how are all teh Furuba Fans doing? I have volumes 1-14 now, so I'm all caught up. I can't wait until 15 comes out! ^_^

Uzamaki Hinata
24th September 2006, 6:35 AM
*celebrates* Yay! For Vy low's and Eternity Absol's return to the thread! :D

XD Anyhoo, CHAPTER 133 was SOOOOO adorible!!!!
NOOOO! Tell me about it, PLZ!!! I don't know where the heck to find them. *sniffs* So, BRING ON THE SPOILERS, plz?

yes, but he stole Kyo's job. It WAS basically his job to find her. After all, he was asked. Yuki is a big meanie!!! *cries*
*laughs* The first time I read over the part the boy with the hat who saved Tohru, my head was like "OmiGod, that is so Kyo, Kyon-kichi for sure" And then later I learned that it was Yuki and was like "What the-? But I coulda sworn it was Kyo! He looked so much like Kyo!" But at least Kyo has a part of Tohru's past... sort of *points to 11th book* I swear, if it weren't for Kirsty pointing it out, I think I would've continued thinking that it was Kyo's mom who said "Are you lonely spunky?(or somewhere along those lines)" instead of Tohru's mom, Kyoko.
I half wish that Kyo's mom never died, she seems like a cool character and one that I would like, but she did suicide because of Kyo's dad right?
Oops, was that a spoiler?
Most likely not, but still, sorry!

Xiang
24th September 2006, 12:54 PM
Er, let's put it this way.

Put spoilers on things not released outside of Japan.

I'm not sure if it was because of Kyo's dad, but either way Kyo was blamed for it. And even through all of this Kyo didn't want anyone's pity.

The Red Butterfly
24th September 2006, 7:16 PM
Hi there EA =D nice to have you pot again as well^^.

NOOOO! Tell me about it, PLZ!!! I don't know where the heck to find them. *sniffs* So, BRING ON THE SPOILERS, plz?
^agreed

*laughs* The first time I read over the part the boy with the hat who saved Tohru, my head was like "OmiGod, that is so Kyo, Kyon-kichi for sure" And then later I learned that it was Yuki and was like "What the-? But I coulda sworn it was Kyo! He looked so much like Kyo!"

OMG that's what it thought as well, because in book two they showed him listening in on Tohru talking about that and he smiled =O so I automatically thought, yeah that is sooooo Kyo. Then as time when on I realised..ooooohhh it's Yun-Yun -_-. Agreed though, at leats Kyo was part of Tohru's younger life^^.

Yeah, I wish Kyon's mom was back too but I think he's good with Kazuma =D

Kirsty_
25th September 2006, 8:30 PM
What?! It wasn't Kyo's fault?! T_T
But he got the blame?
Awhh! *huggles Kyo*

Is it just me..or is December taking forever to come?
(I need volume 15!)

Xiang
25th September 2006, 11:51 PM
My death is taking forever to come T_T

Yeah... his dad started saying it was his fault because he was the cat and all that ****...

Staryu
26th September 2006, 11:09 PM
Horrah! I've finished book 12! XD..I'm debating weather or not to wait to buy 13...

The Red Butterfly
26th September 2006, 11:18 PM
Yaaaaaay^^ and no don't wait --, you already don't have book 14 and by time you finish book 13 book 15 should be out so I think you'll be good =D, but it's all your choice!

Mysteria Pearl
29th September 2006, 10:35 PM
Good gravy! I am so needed here! *cracks knuckles*

Put spoilers on things not released outside of Japan.
*whines* WHYYYY!? It's SO confusing! And I ALWAYS talk about the newest thingies!!! Grr.

Should I be mean and not tell? Muahahahahahahaaaaa!

Why can't anybody find it? I just get it directly, but there are tons of places to find it translated. . . well. . . let me rephrase that. . . not a whole lot, but enough.

Staryu- BUY 13!!!! It's a pretty nifty book. Nifty. heh. . . nifty. . . XD

Anyhoo, the cover for book 21 is very pretty, but I just can't wait to find out what's on the cover of 22 and 23! They've basically done all the characters. . . so perhaps they'd do Yuki x Machi and Kyo x Tohru as seen on the cover of Hana To Yumi. hmmn. . . I have frankly NO idea.

so. Chapter 133. . . very cute.

Everybody already knows, as of a few sooner chapters, Kyo and Tohru are now boyfriend and girlfriend.
And everybody who didn't know that, please hold your mouth closed. Drool is a very disgusting liquid and I'm sure your comp would appreciate it if you got a drool rag. XD
Anyhoo, Tohru's back at school after being released from the hospital and the word spreads that Tohru and Kyo are, indeed, a couple :) So cute! So, it's talked about how much Kyo has grown, his attitude and all. Now, he's much more mature and he doesn't break out screaming and all. Mayuko also notices that Yuki and Kyo are more friendly towards each other. :D
Tohru mentions that she needs to keep up with her job and Kyo starts to say something but he trails off, saying he'll talk to her about it later. My theory (I have way wacko theories, so don't get ya hopes up) is that he's going to very soon, ask her to marry him. Wouldn't that be da cutest!!?? Anyhoo, back to reality. . . or fiction. . . hmmn. .
Basically, Kyo asks her out! SO CUTE! And tohru replies that Uo and Hana will want to come (after all, Kyo says, they're basically like her replacement parents) And tohru thinks about how wonderful it is that she can be in love with Kyo.
At the dojo, Kunimitsu points out that Tohru and Kyo's child (if they got married and all) would be his grandchild XD SO CUUUUUUUTE! and Tohru says that she would LOOK FORWARD TO THAT! Rin and Yuki remember that there are many wounds still left in their hearts.
The Maid and AKito have a conversation about time passing and things changing.
And finally, Kyo thinks about how many people like Tohru. XD (As in, how many both boys and girls like her)

whew! Sorry that that wasn't very detailed, but. . . I guess I'm feeling a bit lazy. . . ehhhhhhhhhh. XD But, I'll work on finding a website with translations, okeydokey?

~ Mysteria PRela ~

Uzamaki Hinata
30th September 2006, 4:52 PM
Yes Staryu, the 13th book was great!
Anyway, awesome Mysteria Pearl! Spoiler! *clasps hands together* Well, lets see what we have here.

so. Chapter 133. . . very cute.
Everybody already knows, as of a few sooner chapters, Kyo and Tohru are now boyfriend and girlfriend.
And everybody who didn't know that, please hold your mouth closed. Drool is a very disgusting liquid and I'm sure your comp would appreciate it if you got a drool rag. XD
Anyhoo, Tohru's back at school after being released from the hospital and the word spreads that Tohru and Kyo are, indeed, a couple :) So cute! So, it's talked about how much Kyo has grown, his attitude and all. Now, he's much more mature and he doesn't break out screaming and all. Mayuko also notices that Yuki and Kyo are more friendly towards each other. :D
Tohru mentions that she needs to keep up with her job and Kyo starts to say something but he trails off, saying he'll talk to her about it later. My theory (I have way wacko theories, so don't get ya hopes up) is that he's going to very soon, ask her to marry him. Wouldn't that be da cutest!!?? Anyhoo, back to reality. . . or fiction. . . hmmn. .
Basically, Kyo asks her out! SO CUTE! And tohru replies that Uo and Hana will want to come (after all, Kyo says, they're basically like her replacement parents) And tohru thinks about how wonderful it is that she can be in love with Kyo.
At the dojo, Kunimitsu points out that Tohru and Kyo's child (if they got married and all) would be his grandchild XD SO CUUUUUUUTE! and Tohru says that she would LOOK FORWARD TO THAT! Rin and Yuki remember that there are many wounds still left in their hearts.
The Maid and AKito have a conversation about time passing and things changing.
And finally, Kyo thinks about how many people like Tohru. XD (As in, how many both boys and girls like her)
*squeals*
No wait
*fangirlish scream*
Naw, that doesn't work
*highpitched laughter*
nope, anyway, i guess I'll just reply to this spoiler the old fashioned way
OMIGOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THAT WAS SOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I COULD TALK IN CAPS LOCK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but I won't
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mysteria Pearl
30th September 2006, 10:32 PM
XD You're welcome! But. . . I think I need a hearing aid from all that screaming. XD It ish so adorible! :D Indeed!

I believe Fruits Basket is the best manga I have ever read. . . I never thought I would cry for someone who I originally thought was evil. . . and who I thought was a man. 0_o (I'm talking about Akito)

Xiang
30th September 2006, 11:33 PM
*whines* WHYYYY!? It's SO confusing! And I ALWAYS talk about the newest thingies!!! Grr.

Wow, like i could do something about that... I never said I knew for certain.

The 13th book was boring IMO. Some conference and this and that. I'm looking forward to chapter 133.

Mysteria Pearl
1st October 2006, 12:02 AM
um. . . chapter 133 came out already. . . and I already put kind a summary on here. . .

Xiang
1st October 2006, 1:28 PM
I meant to come out in America.

I thank you for the summary ^_^ It'll make me look forward to it, but what I'm really looking forward to is the moment, translated and released in the US, sitting in my hands. Then I can scan it and print thousands of copies <3 for myself

Mysteria Pearl
1st October 2006, 8:50 PM
:d Yes, I like to get the copies in other languages. I'm working on getting some French coppies of mangas right now, but Enghilsh translations, for the most part, are correct.

Staryu
1st October 2006, 11:10 PM
If I want to read ahead..I'm thinking about buying the Australian version -.-

Purplemoon
5th October 2006, 10:59 AM
Chapter 133... Yay....
My Mom asked if wanted Fruits Basket manga for my birthday.
I said no.
Now I realise that I was pretty stupid with that. Though she usually buys Furuba manga for me since she reads it too...... no money spending for me!

I never thought I would cry for someone who I originally thought was evil. . . and who I thought was a man. 0_o (I'm talking about Akito)

XD
Anime and Manga make me cry. I cry when characters die, but in real life, I don't really cry for random people who I don't know (eg. Celebrities(sp?)).

I've tried, but I've never managed to find translations, as other people have mentioned. So I look at wikipedia from time to time...

Yeah um.... sorry if this post didn't make any sense...

Staryu
10th October 2006, 9:38 PM
No posts in a while, sheesh!

Anyways..I don't know if this has been asked before..but who is your LEAST favorite character?

Hagane_Gir
13th October 2006, 11:30 AM
Anyhoo, the cover for book 21 is very pretty, but I just can't wait to find out what's on the cover of 22 and 23! They've basically done all the characters. . . so perhaps they'd do Yuki x Machi and Kyo x Tohru as seen on the cover of Hana To Yumi. hmmn. . . I have frankly NO idea.

If 19 was Kakeru, 20 was Machi and 21 was Kimi, the it'd make sense if 22 were Nao. I'm thinking 23 might be Kyoko, or Katsuya...or Tohru's grandpa! (lol) or even Mayu.
I love Fruits Basket. I'm up to volume 20..but I can't wait for 21 cos I heard what happens and cant be stuffed to say it, even in a spoiler!

LEAST Favourite? Ritsu. He's annoying.

Lynn_Onyx
13th October 2006, 11:58 AM
i too like the fruits basket manga!!! but i kinda forgot what vloume im in now...coz i just borrowed it from a friend...

Sushi Bunny
13th October 2006, 5:51 PM
I love Fruits basket!I've read all the chapters up to 133.
I have a question,does anybody know when chapter 134 comes out?
I thought it came out October 5 but now i'm not sure.

Oh and least favorite character Akito.So mean.

Mysteria Pearl
14th October 2006, 10:02 PM
Chapter 134 came out on October 5th. :D well, at least around that time.\

I'M BACK!

Mysteria Pearl
14th October 2006, 10:04 PM

I'M BACK!

Uzamaki Hinata
14th October 2006, 10:06 PM
XD You're welcome! But. . . I think I need a hearing aid from all that screaming.

Oops, my bad then.
*begins to whisper*
That was so cuuuuute
*stops whispering*
Chapter 134? Did you read it yet?

On another note, december is always nearing, and Fruits Basket 15 as well! ^^
I wonder, does anyone know the specific day its coming out
And I'm back too! School takes sooooo much time.

Mysteria Pearl
14th October 2006, 10:07 PM

I'M BACK!

Sushi Bunny
14th October 2006, 10:35 PM
Yay!So it did come out october 5.I didn't know cause there were no signs of it anywhere.Thank you for telling me!:)

Do you know what happened in it?

Oh,and welcome back!:)

Mysteria Pearl
15th October 2006, 3:21 AM
muaha. I have vowed not to spoil anything XD muahaha! Or maybe I'm just lazy. . . eh. XD

Sushi Bunny
20th October 2006, 2:47 AM
Oh so cruel!:D! Well I guess it doesn't matter anyways cause I found out little bit about what happens, and i'm pretty sure it's true.
I can't wait till tomorrow cause another chapter comes out!
I wonder if i'll even find out what happens in it.:(

Hagane_Gir
20th October 2006, 8:25 AM
Fruits Basket is ending in Hana to Yume issue 24 on Novemeber 20th.

Sushi Bunny
20th October 2006, 5:14 PM
Yay!I'll get to know what happenss in the end!:)
Noo!It can't end now!Thats to soon!:(
Sorry...I can't make up my mind.

Thank you Hagane_Gir!:D

I don't know if everyone wants a new topic started, but I have one:

What is your favorite volume?
Mine is volume 8.

Uzamaki Hinata
21st October 2006, 11:52 PM
What is your favorite volume?
I'm tempted to say all because Fruits Basket is such a great series.
But I guess I'll have to narrow it down to Numbers 6 & 11 because Kyo got a major chunk in those books!

Xiang
22nd October 2006, 1:05 AM
I know the volume by the cover character- the ones with Kisa and Hiro on them. <3

Uzamaki Hinata
22nd October 2006, 4:34 AM
I know the volume by the cover character- the ones with Kisa and Hiro on them. <3
I'm guessing those were volumes ten and eleven.

Neko Godot
23rd October 2006, 7:41 PM
Oh, I read the first volume of Fruits Basket a while ago! It was great! ^^ I need to get my hands on more of the series, though.

Hagane_Gir
24th October 2006, 9:45 AM
My fave volume?
It's my favourite number.
It has my favourite character on the cover (Saki Hanajima).
So much interesting stuff happens in the first 4 chapters. Big secrets and lots of suspense!

The Red Butterfly
26th October 2006, 7:54 PM
Hi there Sushi_Bunny, Hagane_Gir and Kagome lover (those who I havent met)^^

Well, it looks like the majority of us are back then huh (I'm no longer grounded =D)

Alrighty, topic time:

Least favorite character: Minami
Favorite Volume: 7,13 and 14
when does vol.15 come out in December?: No idea but I can't wait! (Bad answer XD).

Sushi Bunny
27th October 2006, 4:07 AM
Hello to you too Red Butterfly! I like the name.:D

Volume 15 is suppose to come out on December 12.

Hagane_Gir
29th October 2006, 9:05 AM
Meanwhile, in Australia, an army of Kangaroo's and "baby-eating" dingos are guarding my Fruits Basket manga.
In other words, I recently aqquired volume 20, In English...and..
BY GOD IT'S TOO PERFECT!!
Soooooo much stuff happens, its like, every chapter has something new and important! Catch up, you guys!

The Red Butterfly
29th October 2006, 3:10 PM
Hello to you too Red Butterfly! I like the name.

Volume 15 is suppose to come out on December 12.

Thank you^^ I'm pretty sure you can guess where it's from XDD
Oooh yay, well hopefully they release it early like they did with book 14-that would be awesome =D.

In other words, I recently aqquired volume 20, In English...and..
BY GOD IT'S TOO PERFECT!!
Soooooo much stuff happens, its like, every chapter has something new and important! Catch up, you guys!

Well at least we all have something to look forward to now, I'm glad it's great =D. Now I just have to wait like another year for it XO

Hagane_Gir
30th October 2006, 8:56 AM
Sadly, volume 21 won't be out for me until next February..which is a shame, cos some VERY important stuff happens, and volume 20 ended in a cliffhanger.

Sushi Bunny
4th November 2006, 9:34 PM
Yay!!! I'm so happy! I finally found out everthing that happend in chapter 134! I still don't know what to think of it though?:confused:

Only two more chapters till it's the end of Furuba! The end is coming to quickly,noooo!

Now topic...I can't think of one...Ok how about this,I'm sure it's been done already, you don't have to answer if your sick of this question.

Whose your favorite character?

I can never decide between Kyo or momiji.

The Red Butterfly
4th November 2006, 10:24 PM
Ahh, the good ol'e who's your favorite character question^^

Let's see (I'm putting them in order):
1.) Kyoko- I didn't think much of her until book 7 and then she became my idol. I thought it was really cool how she had morals even though she was in a gang. Plus, she became the leader of that gang as well. I also admired the way she knew she had to stop at one point and just lead a regular, non-violent life and she always stuck through the tough times.

2.) Kyo- Ahhhh, Kyon^^ he is quite a peice of eye candy that's for sure. Even though he can be a little on the grumpy side; he really does care for the people who love him.

3.) Yuki- Yun-Yun =D Yuki is like "Prince Charming" and I honestly don't care if he thinks otherwise. He's really sweet and...*squeels* is just a fun character.

4.) Kakeru- ^^ he is really funny and I love all the scenes with him and the student council because he lightens them up that's for sure!

5.) Kimi- She may not be the brightest on the block but she sure is funny. I always find it so funny how she taunts the Yuki fan girls XD

6.) Machi- She's so reserved and quite+ crushing on Yuki that it's adorble^^ Yuki + Machi= yaay

7.) Arisa- View my reasons for liking Kyoko. Also, I love the fight between her and Kyon. They are too funny.

8.) Akito- Poor, little Akito is just very misunderstood and has emotional problems. I <3 the Akira story with her as well as the box story. it almost made me cry readiong about it^^

9.) Ayaa- No explination nessesary XD

10.) Rin- I'll admitt, when I first saw her inthe series I could have cared less about her since she was so cold and mean. I thought she cruel to everyone and didn't deserve anyones friendship and how Haru could have ever liked a girl like that was beyond me. Well, now that I read book 14 I totally take that back 100% Isuzu is one of the most sweetest and mistreated characters int he story.

11.) Hiro- We're both sheep and sarcastic^^

=D

Hagane_Gir
5th November 2006, 9:34 AM
10. Machi (XD Fertiliser!!)
9. Shigure
8. Hatori
7. Arisa Uotani
6. Mii-chan
5. Grandpa
4. Kureno
3. Hatsuharu
2. Momiji
1. Saki Hanajima

Mysteria Pearl
8th November 2006, 11:05 PM
I'm back! And the funniest thing ever happened. I met this person @ the comic book store and they totally thought that Yuki and Tohru ended up together. I was happy to inform them otherwise! HEEHEE! :) And now I leave again :) muaha. bye!

The Red Butterfly
9th November 2006, 1:01 AM
MYSTERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *clings* don't go I haven't talked to you in like 2 months ;_____________________;

Anyway, I bet that really made your day telling them XD I'm guessing they were heartbroken and shocked. I too met someone who thinks the same thing but she won't let em tell her spoilers ;; you're lucky you get to ruin these kind of things!

Well, fine.....but be back on soon! *fumes*

Purplemoon
9th November 2006, 2:47 AM
I met this person @ the comic book store and they totally thought that Yuki and Tohru ended up together.

Hah. What was their reaction?
Another one of my friends in into Fruits Basket and every day I bring to school and volume of Furuba (if I remember).
The world needs more Furuba fans.

Favourite character: I seriously don't know. Either Hatori (He is pretty) or Rin (She just really cool and such. And cool hair!).

The Red Butterfly
11th November 2006, 12:10 AM
Hatori is pretty^^ and yes the world does need more fans. How it doens't have billions and billions fans is beyond me XD

Kirsty_
13th November 2006, 4:37 PM
>_< Not long now!
Volume 15 *drools*
I wish they would churn the english volumes out faster _

Mysteria Pearl
18th November 2006, 5:29 AM
TERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *clings* don't go I haven't talked to you in like 2 months ;_____________________;

Anyway, I bet that really made your day telling them XD I'm guessing they were heartbroken and shocked. I too met someone who thinks the same thing but she won't let em tell her spoilers ;; you're lucky you get to ruin these kind of things!

Well, fine.....but be back on soon! *fumes* *shakes foot and TRB sticks like flypaper (AND LET ME TELL YOU, FLYPAPER IS STINKIN' HARD TO GET OFF OF JEANS!)*

Their reaction was hillarious! They were all "WHA!?" And then I proved I was right. muahahahahah! (Maybe I just love being right XD, I don't know)

Super-Staff
19th November 2006, 6:34 PM
I have a quick question to ask. Does anyone know when the final chapter of FB comes out?

Sushi Bunny
19th November 2006, 9:38 PM
The last chapter of Furuba comes out tomorrow. I'm sad yet happy.:( :)

Oh I can't wait! I'm starting to freak out! Ok i'll just think about
December 12th. Volume 15 has some good chapters in it to.

Yeah more Furuba fans would be nice.

Hagane_Gir
20th November 2006, 9:10 AM
And the final chapter is out!

Apparently.

Xiang
20th November 2006, 9:54 PM
:o The final chapter?
Holy Haru o_O
As in the last last chapter of FB?

Favorite characters: um...

1.) Kisa
So cuuuute ^_^ and sweet and shy and kind. If she was my little sister I'd live for her D: I think her hair's pretty though, her classmates must be idiots.

2.) Hiro
So typical of me to want my top 2 characters to get together :3 Hiro is cute too, and so sarcastic and funny. He has a good heart and good intentions though, and he truly loves Kisa. ^_^

3.) Momiji
I love the cute people, have you noticed. Momiji resembles the person I have a crush on in terms of looks, so there's a start. Then I just started to love his fun-loving nature and how he's always caring with Tohru.

4.) Saki Hanajima
COOLEST. PERSON. EVER. She's chock full of wisdom and always has a kind word to say. If I knew her I'd look up to her like a sister. Megumi's awesome too :3

gotta cut short, cause I'm in a rush.

Mysteria Pearl
22nd November 2006, 5:26 PM
Hello, my friends! I cry as Furuba comes to a close *sniftle*

Sushi Bunny
22nd November 2006, 5:55 PM
Hello, my friends! I cry as Furuba comes to a close *sniftle*

Oh do you know what happens? If so please tell me i'm starting to go crazy! (A little to late though).

Mello
24th November 2006, 10:44 AM
Yay! Fruits Basket :o :o :o!

Favo Characters:

1. Kyo.
Oh man, does he resemble me. Easily annoyed by little kids with smart attitudes, easy to get annoyed, hating leeks etc... I just love his character, he just makes me laugh xD.

2. Momiji
I just find him so adorable! Especially in Volume 11 when Akito hits him... so cute :'(.

3. HASTSUHARU
Also like me in many ways... I love both black Haru and White Haru :).

^^^ They're the top 3 anyway.

The Red Butterfly
26th November 2006, 6:57 PM
well Furuba isn't ending for me anytime soon since I have yet to get volume 15 (which is less than a month away =D). Also, I LOVED how cute Momiji looked when Akito hit him and he was crying, he looked adorable<3

Xiang
26th November 2006, 7:43 PM
Momiji should've been paired up with someone :< He would've went well with Tohru and even Kisa.

Mysteria Pearl
26th November 2006, 9:20 PM
I agree that Momiji should have been paired up with somebody! (That's why I created an original character to be matched with him :) )

And I promised myself that I won't spoil anything too much! XD

Drat!

~ MP ~

The Red Butterfly
26th November 2006, 10:06 PM
Well Mysteria....you promised you wouldn't spoil anything in here so pm me the details =DDDD *is impatient*

Momiji will get someone later on in life but we just won't be able to see it XD

Xiang
26th November 2006, 10:29 PM
DRAT! I wish I could see Momiji paired up. He's got everything I would want in a guy D: Maybe Kagura too. But then again, it'd smell of Disney if we paired up the good people D:

One time I had a dream about a pair with Momiji. A Hinata (Naruto) clone. Dx Crossovers!

Sushi Bunny
26th November 2006, 10:31 PM
Well Mysteria....you promised you wouldn't spoil anything in here so pm me the details =DDDD *is impatient*

Oh that's a good idea I like it. Please tell me. I know i'm being annoying, I'm impatient too.

Golden Sky
26th November 2006, 10:44 PM
No, you don't know me.

Has anyone noticed that in the later volumes of Fruits Basket, it's not as funny anymore? It's more sappy, etc. I kinda liked it better when it was funny and all that, but now... :/ Takaya's drawing skills are way better now, though!! ;o

Xiang
26th November 2006, 10:50 PM
In the beginning Tohru's head was like a triangle D: Now she's reeaaaaally pretty. :) I wanna see how Momiji looks now though Dx

~Kitty~
26th November 2006, 11:08 PM
I know, I would want to pair up with him... I might ask.... *laughs sooooo hard*

Sushi Bunny
30th November 2006, 10:32 PM
In the beginning Tohru's head was like a triangle D: Now she's reeaaaaally pretty. I wanna see how Momiji looks now though Dx

Yeah in the begining the characters looked a little weird, but now there great!

Yay 12 more days till Volume 15! Time to start the count down!

Hmm... Ok topic!Have you ever had a furuba dream?

I've had a ton. but i'll just do one for now. this one I had was something about Hana and Tohru talking about Strawberry milkshakes. And Hana said that the milkshakes were 60% milk and 40% strawberry. I have furuba and food on my mind.><

Uzamaki Hinata
2nd December 2006, 12:32 AM
Yeah in the begining the characters looked a little weird, but now there great!

Yay 12 more days till Volume 15! Time to start the count down!

Hmm... Ok topic!Have you ever had a furuba dream?

I noticed that 2! I hated the animation be4!
well not hated, but you know, not liked it as much, now I love looking at it, the pictures and all, spen 2 hrs reading th volumes because I spend so long looking at the pics!

Sadly, no, no Furuuba dream, not yet at least T-T
I had a Hana-Kimi dream last night.
Anyway, quick update!
My friend told me that the 15th volume of Fruits Basket is coming out on the 12th of December! 11 more days!
YAY!
I sooooo cannot wait!

Sushi Bunny
2nd December 2006, 10:28 PM
Cool you had a Hana kimi dream! What happend in it?

Not really much to say right now except...10 MORE DAYS! YAY!

Mysteria Pearl
14th January 2007, 9:34 PM
Well. . . I have heard volume 15 is finally out in English and I have also heard that there are some major errors when it comes to translation. Aye yi yi! Well, anyhoo, I'm glad that I've already read it in Japanese.

So! How ish everybody?

For the record, I'm back XD

MP

Ninjitsu15
16th January 2007, 2:58 AM
Yes, I love this manga.

I haven't been able to get my hands on Volume 15 yet....My friend has one, but she won't let me borrow it >.<

I think I had a weird Furuba dream where Kyo and Yuki were there, with my friend and I, and they were arguing about tomatoes ona salad, or something, and my friend, being Miss Graceful that she is (just like Tohru >.<), she bumps into Kyo, and his lips slam into Yuki's! And there's an akward pause, because we were at Pizza Hut, or something, and all these people turn to see these two guys making out.....And then my friend and I are just scooting off to the side, like 'We don't know them....' XD

Mello
18th February 2007, 4:15 AM
Well. . . I have heard volume 15 is finally out in English and I have also heard that there are some major errors when it comes to translation. Aye yi yi! Well, anyhoo, I'm glad that I've already read it in Japanese.

So! How ish everybody?

For the record, I'm back XD

MP

In Australia, we've reached Volume 20... things are really quite diferrent now. Here, I'll let a few things slip for people who want to know...

Well, he's wearing a boys uniform now. He takes on more from Yuki than Haru/Kyo. He wears a tie and everything! He also got this huge growth spurt and he's quite tall now too! I haven't gotten to it yet, but I've heard that he gets together with Kimi Todo! How cute! They both talk in third person too XD.

She gets a haircut! I personally think it suits her more. Her hair falls to her shoulders, and it looks really sweet. She's also more friendly with Tohru and the other zodiacs, and yes, she's back with Haru <3.

Well, Hiro's grown up now! He starts wearing this jacket with crossbones on it, it's really cool! He's also really protective of the lovely Kisa now. "You mess with Kisa and you mess with me," heheh. His mom had a baby too, named Hinata. Doesn't it just go with Hiro?

As for Kisa, she's grown up too. She's really close to Hiro's little sister and she's becoming much more confident! Good on you guys!

Yeah... I might post some more stuff when I feel like it. heh. If you have any questions then I suppose you could PM me. Go Natsuki Takaya!

Pokewiz
18th February 2007, 4:17 PM
In Australia, we've reached Volume 20... things are really quite diferrent now. Here, I'll let a few things slip for people who want to know...

Well, he's wearing a boys uniform now. He takes on more from Yuki than Haru/Kyo. He wears a tie and everything! He also got this huge growth spurt and he's quite tall now too! I haven't gotten to it yet, but I've heard that he gets together with Kimi Todo! How cute! They both talk in third person too XD.

She gets a haircut! I personally think it suits her more. Her hair falls to her shoulders, and it looks really sweet. She's also more friendly with Tohru and the other zodiacs, and yes, she's back with Haru <3.

Well, Hiro's grown up now! He starts wearing this jacket with crossbones on it, it's really cool! He's also really protective of the lovely Kisa now. "You mess with Kisa and you mess with me," heheh. His mom had a baby too, named Hinata. Doesn't it just go with Hiro?

As for Kisa, she's grown up too. She's really close to Hiro's little sister and she's becoming much more confident! Good on you guys!

Yeah... I might post some more stuff when I feel like it. heh. If you have any questions then I suppose you could PM me. Go Natsuki Takaya!

Yay, I read fifteen a few days ago, and I LOVED it, but they go all the way to twenty in Austrailia was it? Anmyways, lucky.
As for FB 15, wow, just, omiGawd wowzers, I can't wait for something big to happen between Yuki and Machi, something big will happen right? I mean, I used to be a HUGE YukiTohru fan and argued about it with my cousin Uza-chan for hours. And now, she's the one who's won. KyoxTohru's cute I guess, but I was way more into YukixTohur. Since there's no chance of that happening, I'll get into YukixMachi, but I still read about yukixtohru in fanfics.

kIMI? KIMI? Are you talking about the same kimi from student council? Ooh, cuuute!

Ninetails 009
18th February 2007, 6:53 PM
Who are the coolest charactest for you? (I mean the male ones)

For me it's Kureno, Hatori, Hatsuharu, Ayame in that order.

Whenever they do one of those sexy poses they just melt my heart!

BTW, I'm also up to vol 20. :D

Mello
20th February 2007, 6:54 AM
Yay, I read fifteen a few days ago, and I LOVED it, but they go all the way to twenty in Austrailia was it? Anmyways, lucky.
As for FB 15, wow, just, omiGawd wowzers, I can't wait for something big to happen between Yuki and Machi, something big will happen right? I mean, I used to be a HUGE YukiTohru fan and argued about it with my cousin Uza-chan for hours. And now, she's the one who's won. KyoxTohru's cute I guess, but I was way more into YukixTohur. Since there's no chance of that happening, I'll get into YukixMachi, but I still read about yukixtohru in fanfics.

kIMI? KIMI? Are you talking about the same kimi from student council? Ooh, cuuute!

Well, to be honest, nothing has hapenned between Yuki and Machi yet. He bought her a small present (From Aya's shop!) for White Day I think it was, but other than that, nothing else.

And yes, the same Kimi ^o^.

The Red Butterfly
1st March 2007, 12:56 PM
This thread is still alive O_o I thought it died ;; *hugs everyone who saved it* Hi new Furuba fans that I have not yet met!

Ok, the Momiji spoiler.....wow, never in a million years would I have guessed that XD Go Momoji =D

Ninetails_009, lucky ;; I'm still waiting for volume 16 to be in my hands, but I've got another month to go yet.

Yuki x Tohru was never the couple for me, but I love how he views their realtionship ^-^ it's so adorable<3 especailly when he thinks: "She's precious to me" Yaay for Kyo x Tohru

Ninetails 009
3rd March 2007, 3:12 PM
Yeah. Akito finally loses it in vol 20.

Sorry, I don't know how to do the "show spoiler" thingy, or I'd want to post something.

I wish that Haru was my boyfriend......

Pokewiz
11th March 2007, 5:22 PM
Well, to be honest, nothing has hapenned between Yuki and Machi yet. He bought her a small present (From Aya's shop!) for White Day I think it was, but other than that, nothing else.

And yes, the same Kimi ^o^.

Awwwww, he brought her a present? *goes crazy with cuteness* Sure it might not be much, but it's something!
No way! NO WAY! NO WAY! NO WAY! Kimi and Momiji?! No way, that is just soooooooooo cute!!!!
Grr, I cannot wait to see that happen, so one question: does their relationship start in Book #20, or before?

Hi new Furuba fans that I have not yet met!

Hello! *waves hand like crazy*

Ninetails_009, lucky ;; I'm still waiting for volume 16 to be in my hands, but I've got another month to go yet.

*sniffs* Where art thou Volume 16?

Yuki x Tohru was never the couple for me, but I love how he views their realtionship ^-^ it's so adorable<3 especailly when he thinks: "She's precious to me" Yaay for Kyo x Tohru

I loved Yuki x Tohru, I mean, I'm not at such a stage where I won't stand for Kyo x Tohru, I just don't like it as much as I love Yuki x Tohru. I loved for Kyo to be with Kagura but that ain't happenin, oh yeah, question to those who read past Volume 15, anything happen between Kyo and Kagura, anything major? Does Kagura even pop up in the story again?
Views their relationship, you mean like she's his mom? I suppose for a YukiTohru fan that's better than Yuki losing the love triangle to Kyo and being bitter about it.

Yeah. Akito finally loses it in vol 20.

Sorry, I don't know how to do the "show spoiler" thingy, or I'd want to post something.

I wish that Haru was my boyfriend......

Really, what does he do?

Ooh, ooh, I know how to put up a spoiler tag, my cousin showed me! you know when you press "post reply" or something, there's a tag up there where Bold and Italics are except waaay to the right, there you'll see something called Spoil, press on it and then you can put down the name of ur spoiler or whatever than press okay, and voila! You're spoiler tag will appear and all you need to do is type in the spoiler!

Haru is an awesome guy, I can't wait for him and Rin to get back together. You know everytime I see them it makes relationships such as KyoTohru seem extremely kiddish. You know, Haru and Rin, the sexy couple.

mark_thyplosionhunter
16th March 2007, 3:22 PM
Can I ask what's Fruits Baket?
Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks in advance

Hagane_Gir
17th March 2007, 9:13 AM
It's a manga. Google or Wiki search it.

Being Australian, I'm looking forward to the May release of volume 21. I've read it, I love it, and I want it. And it has Ren on the cover.
I've read all but the last chapter. I must say I'm not very fond of volume 23 so far. It wraps up...in a different way than I expected. Albeit this is the first Shojo manga I've read, but still...

My two cents reckons Kyoko will be on the cover of volume 23. If Katsuya is on 22, then Kyoko should be on 23.

Aika
17th March 2007, 11:19 AM
Fruits Basket... this just happens to be my favourite manga of all-time. <3 I've read all of the manga up until Kyo's question, is that the end or not? I've only read up to volume 13 in 'real life' but I've read up until that online.

EDIT: Oh, and my favourite character is Haru... because he's the perfect male version of me. Seriously... I'm spaced out and calm until Black Aika comes out. And you really don't want to see that. o=

Uzamaki Hinata
20th March 2007, 12:04 AM
Helloooo?
*hears echoes*

Where did everyone go?

Can I ask what's Fruits Baket?
Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks in advance

Fruits Basket is a manga series by Natsuya Katsuki or Furruba as fans call her. The book takes place in Japan and is about an orphan, Tohru Honda whom has recently lost her mother to a car crash and is forced to live in a tent while her grandfather's house is being fixed up. One day on her way to school, she bumps in to Yuki Sohma, whom is "Prince Charming" in her school. She learns that he and his perv of a cousin Shigure live not too far from where she has set up her tent. In a series of events, somehow Tohru's tent is burried under a rock slide and Tohru is forced to live with the Sohma's. She learns, by accidently hugging Kyo Sohma(Yuki's cousin) that the Sohma family is cursed by inhabiting the spirit of a zodiac animal. And so the story goes on, Tohru meets new members of the zodiac.

That's all I can say about it, if you're interested, read the series itself and come back and post here!:)

Sushi Bunny
23rd March 2007, 5:09 AM
*Listens to Uzamaki hinata's echo*

Wow that really echo's well! Hello to you to!

Wahhh! You beat me to explaining it! I was going to go into an annoying rant!;) I kidd, I kidd!

Natsuya Katsuki

Isn't it Natsuki Takaya? O_O

Wow... Where'd you find that out? Kimi and Momiji? I don't know what I think of that... Well they both are very hyper, so I can kind of see that happening.

Aika: For some reason the guy whose in your sig, he kind of reminds me of Haru.0.0

Uzamaki Hinata
3rd April 2007, 5:20 AM
Isn't it Natsuki Takaya? O_O
Eheh, er, whoops? I was guessing at her name, but hey, at least I got the first one right!

Wahhh! You beat me to explaining it! I was going to go into an annoying rant! ;) I kidd, I kidd!

Hee hee, well, I didn't explain it as welll as I could have so, there's still room for you.

Awww, but going into annoying rants are fun!

Wow... Where'd you find that out? Kimi and Momiji? I don't know what I think of that... Well they both are very hyper, so I can kind of see that happening.

Awe, but Momiji and Kimi look so cute together, I actually wouldn't mind seeing them together.

And to anyone who hasn't read past book #15, 16 will blow you away, honestly. I finally got my grubby hands on it and I... wow... you just have to read it...

Pokewiz
5th April 2007, 9:51 PM
It's a manga. Google or Wiki search it.

True, but explaining seems like a better thing to do, besides, we post on this thread to speak of it, so why not answer questions about it too? I know I have plenty of q's I'd love to be answered.

Being Australian, I'm looking forward to the May release of volume 21. I've read it, I love it, and I want it. And it has Ren on the cover.
I've read all but the last chapter. I must say I'm not very fond of volume 23 so far. It wraps up...in a different way than I expected. Albeit this is the first Shojo manga I've read, but still...

OmiGod, you're already on volume 21???!!!! Awwww, I WANT VOLUME 21!!!!!!!!, you know what Hagane_Gir, YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME SPOILERS! Because I still haven't gotten volume 16 yet!

My two cents reckons Kyoko will be on the cover of volume 23. If Katsuya is on 22, then Kyoko should be on 23.

I would love to see Katsuya, he seems so cool, and if it does talk about Tohru's past in volume 16, shouldn't they also speak of Katsuya since he is in Tohru's past(being her dad and all) And learning about Kyoko would be nice, like how and why does she quit her gang if she was The Red Butterfly?

EDIT: Oh, and my favourite character is Haru... because he's the perfect male version of me. Seriously... I'm spaced out and calm until Black Aika comes out. And you really don't want to see that. o=

I love Haru so much, that type of cool guy attitude makes me fall for him instantly. *sighs happily* That's funny, the fact that you're the girl version of Haru. And if it's true, how the heck does your family deal with you when you go "black"?

And to anyone who hasn't read past book #15, 16 will blow you away, honestly. I finally got my grubby hands on it and I... wow... you just have to read it...

*gasps* YOU GOT IT?!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT BOOK NUMBER 16???!!!! How the heck did you get it?! I mean, h-how? Er, whatever!

If you have read it, I WANT SPOILERS! No, I NEED SPOILERS! So, hand em over or let me borrow the book!

Uzamaki Hinata
9th May 2007, 4:19 AM
*gasps* YOU GOT IT?!!!!!!!!!! YOU GOT BOOK NUMBER 16???!!!! How the heck did you get it?! I mean, h-how? Er, whatever!

If you have read it, I WANT SPOILERS! No, I NEED SPOILERS! So, hand em over or let me borrow the book!

Okay, hmmm, random spoiler it shall be.

Did you know Mine from Ayame's shop is his GIRLFRIEND???!!!! I did not, I honestly didn't even think about it.

It's right, all of it is right. Except for Momiji and Kimi getting together, I have now completed the manga, and it has shown nothing of the two together. *sniffs* that couple would've been soooo cute too!

Pokewiz
1st June 2007, 4:58 AM
Okay, hmmm, random spoiler it shall be.

Did you know Mine from Ayame's shop is his GIRLFRIEND???!!!! I did not, I honestly didn't even think about it.

OmiGawd, NO WAY!

Though I kinda expected it

It's right, all of it is right. Except for Momiji and Kimi getting together, I have now completed the manga, and it has shown nothing of the two together. *sniffs* that couple would've been soooo cute too![/QUOTE]
Awwwwwww, *groans* I so wanted that to happen. DARN!

The Red Butterfly
2nd June 2007, 12:18 AM
Hi Furuba fans ^^

Hmm..I knew of the Ayame spoiler, but like Pokewiz said, it was kind of expected.

Well, volume 16 finally came out and it was Kyoko filled <33 I thought it was really sad though at some parts ._. But it was great none the less!

Uzamaki Hinata
9th June 2007, 4:07 AM
OmiGawd, NO WAY!

Though I kinda expected it

Was it obvious? Wow, I didn't know.

Hi Furuba fans ^^

Hmm..I knew of the Ayame spoiler, but like Pokewiz said, it was kind of expected.

Well, volume 16 finally came out and it was Kyoko filled <33 I thought it was really sad though at some parts ._. But it was great none the less!

hm, so it was expected.

ah yes, lovely, lovely volume 16. *hugs book* it was soo very sad, but I loved it anyway. Mostly, I loved Kyoko's part(just like you)

Shiun
12th June 2007, 12:54 PM
I love Fruits Basket.
I've read 1-14 and 18 but I read it somewhat out of order
My favorite character...hard to decide but I really like the rooster...after all he's my Zodiac.

Pokewiz
11th February 2008, 6:54 PM
Was it obvious? Wow, I didn't know.

Yes, it was! i mean, the two of them are always together! If they didn't end up being in love with each other, I would have been shocked!

hm, so it was expected.

ah yes, lovely, lovely volume 16. *hugs book* it was soo very sad, but I loved it anyway. Mostly, I loved Kyoko's part(just like you)

Yes, that volume was soooooo sad!!! I adored it!!! I adored every bit of it!!! Kyo and Tohru's interactions with each other was cute, but Yuki and Machi warms my heart!

I love Fruits Basket.
I've read 1-14 and 18 but I read it somewhat out of order
My favorite character...hard to decide but I really like the rooster...after all he's my Zodiac.

I know this is too late to say, but welcome to the thread!!! lol, I read the first ones out of order too. ;) The rooster, hmm. Right now, at this moment, I'd have to say my fave character is... Yuki!!! Prince Charming! :D :)

Sweet May
12th February 2008, 12:35 AM
No bumping plz.