PDA

View Full Version : The GLITCH Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kyaku
19th August 2005, 2:49 PM
Somebody should have made this a long time ago.Anyway this is the place to talk about glitches.Gold,Silver and Crystal glitches only!
Here's mine:
1)Game freezes in the water in the fenced in area of daycare.
2)Game gets corrupted for no reson(I did not do the clone trick)

MaskedManAbsolkid
19th August 2005, 2:59 PM
My mate had lent my Gold for a few days. When I got it back, I battled Will, and he was a block of numbers!

Kyaku
19th August 2005, 3:08 PM
OMG!Does s/he have a gameshark or actionreplay?Because that could be why.

Altmer
19th August 2005, 3:14 PM
Note also that every post about glitches is supposed to go here. As soon as we have a mod this thread should be stickied.

MaskedManAbsolkid
19th August 2005, 3:15 PM
OMG!Does s/he have a gameshark or actionreplay?Because that could be why.

That's what I thought, but them I realised that it was a different Pokemon Gold. Same name, same team, but they don't have an Action Replay, Game Shark or Xploder.

Kyaku
19th August 2005, 3:22 PM
So it's a different Gold...Oh well thanks anyway!

dark scyther
19th August 2005, 6:19 PM
Somebody should have made this a long time ago.Anyway this is the place to talk about glitches.Gold,Silver and Crystal glitches only!
Here's mine:
1)Game freezes in the water in the fenced in area of daycare.
2)Game gets corrupted for no reson(I did not do the clone trick)

No it doesnt i catched many tentacools there your game is corrupted

jena246205
19th August 2005, 11:24 PM
I beat the Elite four with a level 945 Missingno in my silver!

dark scyther
20th August 2005, 12:09 AM
I beat the Elite four with a level 945 Missingno in my silver!

Missigno doesnt exist in silver and a pokemon cant get trough lv255 even with gameshark it reset itself to lv2

Kyaku
20th August 2005, 12:53 AM
No it doesnt i catched many tentacools there your game is corrupted

I Don't know how my game got corrupted.All I remember is that I haven't played it for a year and it just happened...Anyway I think it varies by game when glitches occur.

dark scyther
20th August 2005, 3:04 AM
I catched many tentacools there and you went there once and your game froze,since it didnt freeze me more than it froze with you means its more probable that games dont freeze there right?

Salamance123
20th August 2005, 3:08 AM
There are several of factors that can cause a game to glitch.

1. Lack of playing, lack of playing does something to your cartridge.
2. A virus.
3. Using a game helper as GS or AR.
4. Trading in a pokemon from another version.

I dont know if their are any other factors.

dark scyther
20th August 2005, 3:14 AM
There are several of factors that can cause a game to glitch:Trading in a pokemon from another version
Is that some sort of joke?

Kyaku
20th August 2005, 2:59 PM

So that's why my game got corrutpped!

P.S. I can't spell...:)

MaskedManAbsolkid
20th August 2005, 3:45 PM
Is that some sort of joke?

I think they mean trading an AR pokemon.

PokemonGirlMaster
21st August 2005, 2:33 AM
One time i droped my Crystel version on the ground.(In the APT) When I played it. Everything is mixed up. Everything is from:AJUYSTTSK.(or radom words)

shadowlink
22nd August 2005, 5:27 PM
I got a Gyarados/Meganium mix as a result of the duplication trick on my Crystal. I wrote up this...thing.

Duplication Glitch Side Effect.

Game: Crystal
Platform: GBA
Link Battles/Trades: No
Box info: Box #1, 19 pkmn in it, not counting the pokemon to be duplicated.
Game damage: none as of yet.

To be duplicated:

Meganium@TM26 (EQ) *Petaltune* L47, the atks are in that order. Not shiny.
Synthesis
Razorleaf
Light Screen
Leech Seed

Stats:
Atk: 108
Def: 113
S.Atk: 104
S.Def: 120
Spd: 93

Result:

Shiny Meganium@PP up
Thrash
Waterfall
Dragon Rage
Whirlpool

Further details:

Stat pages.
PAGE1:
Picture: Shiny Meganium, animation: Meganium.
Name: GYARADOS
Species: GYARADOS
Number: 130 (Gyarados)
Shiny stars: present, same as always.
Level: 30
Type: Water/Flying *NOTE: When the screen is switched to page 2 or 3 of the stats pages, it changes to Grass.
EXP points: 33750
Level up: *glitch symbol*767760 The symbol looks like a J with a stick across the lower half, facing upwards at about a 45 degree angle.
Exp. Bar: __________llll About that much.

PAGE2:
Moves:
Thrash
Waterfall
Dragon Rage
Whirl Pool
PP: Full, numbers are the same.
Item: PPup

PAGE3:
Stats:
Atk: 62
Def:71
S.Atk: 60
S.Def: 71
Spd: 59
Owner: Crystal, same ID number.

When sent out into battle, looks like a shiny Gyarados. The same moves.

THEORY/EXPLANATION:

The box had 19 pokemon, the last being my shiny Gyarados (L30). The result's moves, item, level, exp. points and appearance in battle are the same as the shiny Gyarados'. The Gyarados' stats are normal, not the result's. I believe the Meganium and the Gyarados were mixed to make this. I can guess by the stats that it was my Meganium's at L30. However, I cannot guess where the exp. bar came from. My meganium is currently this: __llllllllllllllllllllll (approx.) and Gyarados is this: ___________ (exactly). Also, I have no idea where the *glitch symbol*767760 came from. Another thing to note: when I first view it, the level up exp. is Gyarados', but when I switch screens, it becomes this.

Kewl. I released it. But now I regret it.

Kyaku
22nd August 2005, 7:10 PM
OH MY GOSH!!! Thats amazing! I never thought THAT could happen in a game! It is kewl. It could be the ultimite Pokemon!(next to mew)But why did you release it?

shadowlink
23rd August 2005, 1:31 AM
I didn't want to glitch my game. And it wasn't leveling up. I don't know if I can manipulate the levels or attacks in this way. This "Megados" (please refer to him as "megados") still has some secrets. I plan on getting a new one.

Unown_Crazy
23rd August 2005, 1:39 AM
That Had to look cool though, my gameboy is the glitch thing, not my games.

shadowlink
23rd August 2005, 2:03 AM
^ Read my writeup post. It looks like either Shiny Meganium or Shiny Gyara, depending on the situation.

denro
23rd August 2005, 3:44 PM
some people get all the luck :(

Unown_Crazy
23rd August 2005, 4:34 PM
^ Read my writeup post. It looks like either Shiny Meganium or Shiny Gyara, depending on the situation.
I read it. I ment all the messed up things. Like my Pokemon Cra---Red.
;201-!;

Kyaku
23rd August 2005, 5:19 PM
some people get all the luck :(
Yes it is sad....That would be cool if I had a Megados....:(

Mysterious Mew
23rd August 2005, 5:25 PM
I've used a Xploder to get any Pokemon I want on Silver I then traded them to my Gold and nothing bad has happened yet.

Did you know that Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos run away in a wild battle? O.o;

jolteonjak
23rd August 2005, 5:45 PM
I got a Gyarados/Meganium mix as a result of the duplication trick on my Crystal. I wrote up this...thing.

I had something like that happen on my Japanese version of Silver. There is/was this glitch that if you did some things while in the bug catching contest, you could turn any Pokemon into a Shiny. I tried turning a Houndour shiny using my shiny Gyrados (you needed to have one for it to work). I ended up with a shiny Houndour that had Gyrados' moves (including Surf!). hehe

DeathFireEX
23rd August 2005, 5:53 PM
I had something like what happened to shadowlink happen to my Feraligatr. It was mixed with a Weepinbell, and all the pictures were transformed into question marks and 1's and 0's. Strange.

Kyaku
23rd August 2005, 7:46 PM
I had something like that happen on my Japanese version of Silver. There is/was this glitch that if you did some things while in the bug catching contest, you could turn any Pokemon into a Shiny. I tried turning a Houndour shiny using my shiny Gyrados (you needed to have one for it to work). I ended up with a shiny Houndour that had Gyrados' moves (including Surf!). hehe
Very strange...Yet very cool.

Elastiviolet
24th August 2005, 1:45 AM

2. A virus.

L-Lack of playing? Are you serious? Aw man....I've been grounded from my GBA for a month(I don't get it back until September), and so...I haven't been playing.

Anyway, glitches, glitches....I don't think there are any right now...but I haven't been playing it, so I actually have no idea.

miles0624
24th August 2005, 2:30 AM
lack of playing does not cause a glitch.i just got back on my gameboy today and havent played gold for a year.

shadowlink
26th August 2005, 1:28 PM
^What miles said. When the game is turned on, the files in it can be changed in some way. When it is turned off, the files lay dormant until you open them up again. Of course, if you didn't play you version for a long time, during which you dropped it in a liquid and forgot about it...

dark scyther
27th August 2005, 3:21 AM
Some basic rules here:

* No useless quotes:(omg thats so cool)

* This is GSC so DO NOT talk about 3gen

* Avoid senseless glitches that doesnt exist (my lv 8564776 typhlosion became an chicken and flew away)

shadowlink
27th August 2005, 2:52 PM
* Avoid senseless glitches that doesnt exist (my lv 8564776 typhlosion became an chicken and flew away)
If a person says that, they will be ignored, so no need to tell people not to do this. However...

* No ****ed up rumors, plz. Like Neon Town, Mew Truck, etc.

Other than that, I am with dark scyther on this.

Off Topic: dark scyther, could you spell my name right in your sig? It is irritating.

dark scyther
27th August 2005, 5:09 PM
If a person says that, they will be ignored, so no need to tell people not to do this.
Better not or this thread will be a trash can,full of double posts and missigno and 3gem morons

Altmer
27th August 2005, 5:25 PM
Better not or this thread will be a trash can,full of double posts and missigno and 3gem morons

I'm with dark scyther on this one. Look, if we don't tell people that the stuff they do is pointless and unnecessary, they'll just think they can go on doing whatever they did and spam the whole place up. Doing nothing and ignoring is tantamount to allowing spammers to run amok.

"oh, they never do anything anyway, so we can just spam the place up, right mates?"

Doing nothing is letting yourself being run over by others. The gutsy people have half the world you know.

Sgt. Pepper
27th August 2005, 6:52 PM
You are all spamming by talking about spamming. This is a glitch thread, we don't need you to post just to tell us what we're allowed and what we're not allowed to do here.

Back on topic please.

Can anybody tell me more about this switching Pokemon stats stuff? Like the turning Pokemon shiny by doing something in the Bug Catching Contest. I'd like to know more about that.

shinymetagross
28th August 2005, 7:47 PM
This COOL glitch happened just a few days ago.....(not a GS or AR-influenced glitch)

My little brother has Gold and I have Crystal. He wanted to link-battle me, so I split my lv50 Crystal team in half by trading and we battled.

But one day, something odd happened...

okay, we are battling with an old cable(got used for 10 cents) and the cable came out of his GBC,we put it back in and resumed playing.

I had and ampharos out but his game said I had a SHINY Alakazam named 9999999899AMPHAROS. Then his game said I withdrew it and sent out "!", a SHINY butterfree that was both Poisoned and Asleep (it said PSN but the message box said "Enemy ! is fast asleep")with a totally glitched up HP bar that stretched across the whole screen. During this time, my game was frozen. The glitch pokemon did not attack, they kept on switching.

Eventually, my game said "Gold withdrew *a bunch of random numbers*! Gold sent out *more random numbers followed by LAPRAS*! It was a SHINY Foretress! But then my brother's game crashed and mine had a notice that said, "This game is not compatible with this game system.(something like that)(it was a GBC).

Weird, huh? Then there was a time when I was fighting a fainted pokemon.

EDIT: There's more that I forgot! When CRYSTAL(me) withdrew "!" it sent out the shiny alakazam which fainted immediately then swiched back to "!" which kept changing levels (it said "203" then "201" then "203" again). I think that's it...

*Shooting*Star*
28th August 2005, 8:33 PM
Wow now that is a pretty weird Glitch
I have something weird going on with my Pokemon Red (Not Fire Red) also but this is a G/S/C thread so i can't post it here

Kyaku
28th August 2005, 10:32 PM
This COOL glitch happened just a few days ago.....(not a GS or AR-influenced glitch)

My little brother has Gold and I have Crystal. He wanted to link-battle me, so I split my lv50 Crystal team in half by trading and we battled.

okay, we are battling with an old cable(got used for 10 cents) and the cable came out of his GBC,we put it back in and resumed playing.

I had and ampharos out but his game said I had a SHINY Alakazam named 9999999899AMPHAROS. Then his game said I withdrew it and sent out "!", a SHINY butterfree that was both Poisoned and Asleep (it said PSN but the message box said "Enemy ! is fast asleep")with a totally glitched up HP bar that stretched across the whole screen. During this time, my game was frozen. The glitch pokemon did not attack, they kept on switching.

Eventually, my game said "Gold withdrew *a bunch of random numbers*! Gold sent out *more random numbers followed by LAPRAS*! It was a SHINY Foretress! But then my brother's game crashed and mine had a notice that said, "This game is not compatible with this game system.(something like that)(it was a GBC).

Holy Moley!That is amazing!All those shinines...It's cool just like you said!;)

Luxuria
29th August 2005, 5:06 PM

A lot of wierd things can happen if you take a link cable out and put it back in while link battleling. If only I wernt so scared.... : surfpika:

shadowlink
29th August 2005, 6:20 PM
I continued trying to get Megados, but I got a subtled version. It was a Meganium called Gyarados. And I didn't change the name myself :/

About the rules and n00bs...has anyone heard of the expression "feeding the fire"? If a n00b (NOT newbie) is spamming, they will do so even more if they are told to stop. I remember a thread, but I lost it. It was like:

n00b: *puts ~20 smilies* HI GUYS!!!! *more smilies*
person1: you are abusing smilies. plz stop, etc.
n00b: *smilie army* WhY ShOUld i?
person2: you'll get banned. leave.
n00b: *smilies* does tHis GEt ME bANneD?

...You might have seen this? Anyway, a newbie will listen and learn. A n00b will try to oppose you. By ignoring their presence, they will get bored and hopefully leave. And they bump!

Unown_Crazy
29th August 2005, 6:37 PM
I have 2 gameboys-
Here's my "!" glitch
SHINY Tangla- Lv: 0
Known attacks: Hydro Pump
HP: (Est.) 1

shinymetagross
29th August 2005, 11:38 PM
I forgot a part in my last post so read the edit.
Now...the time I fought the fainted pokemon...

Again, link battle, cable came out. Lapras(GOLD'S) used surf on my Alakazam(with low HP) in my game, it fainted, but in my brother's game, it had a few HP left! I sent out Machamp(last pokemon), it fainted, but in the Gold game it said, "Enemy Machamp fainted! CRYSTAL sent out Machamp! Foe Machamp Fainted!"(immediately) (shouldn't it be the Alakazam out?) The Crystal game was frozen. Every few turns, it wouldn't swich and when I hit it, it got all glitchy and switched out again. Eventually the games crashed.
Now for the scary (short)Gold glitch (when it was mine)

I was surfing to Pallet from cinnibar island and when I reached the land, I was still a Lapras! The music was all messed up and I kept flickering from Gold/Lapras until I reached Route One. I have no idea what caused this.

Dark Venusaur
30th August 2005, 7:54 PM
I put my Suicune;245; and my Snubbul;209; in the daycare and I dont know who layed the egg and when I hatched the egg a baby Snubbull came out with all of Suicune's moves.

shadowlink
31st August 2005, 12:13 AM
That sounds as fake as Neon Town. Any details you can provide?

Luxuria
31st August 2005, 12:19 AM
I put my Suicune;245; and my Snubbul;209; in the daycare and I dont know who layed the egg and when I hatched the egg a baby Snubbull came out with all of Suicune's moves.
That's a bunch of crap. How can suicune lay an egg?! Its genderless!

Luxuria
31st August 2005, 12:25 AM
I forgot a part in my last post so read the edit.
Now...the time I fought the fainted pokemon...

Again, link battle, cable came out. Lapras(GOLD'S) used surf on my Alakazam(with low HP) in my game, it fainted, but in my brother's game, it had a few HP left! I sent out Machamp(last pokemon), it fainted, but in the Gold game it said, "Enemy Machamp fainted! CRYSTAL sent out Machamp! Foe Machamp Fainted!"(immediately) (shouldn't it be the Alakazam out?) The Crystal game was frozen. Every few turns, it wouldn't swich and when I hit it, it got all glitchy and switched out again. Eventually the games crashed.
Now for the scary (short)Gold glitch (when it was mine)

I was surfing to Pallet from cinnibar island and when I reached the land, I was still a Lapras! The music was all messed up and I kept flickering from Gold/Lapras until I reached Route One. I have no idea what caused this.
Maybe cause the link cable came out.
I would cry and scream if I saw that!;.;

Waffles
31st August 2005, 12:31 AM

Same here. It never happened again. I wonder what causes this...

Luxuria
31st August 2005, 3:32 PM
Same here. It never happened again. I wonder what causes this...
I wish i could do those glitches if i wasn't so scared

MissingNO. #1 Master
31st August 2005, 10:20 PM

My Player's Guide clearly states that Suicune can't make EGGs.

Yami ookami
31st August 2005, 10:24 PM
I once tryed to multiply my houndower using a pc *in the game boy game of course* and I forgot to save and it was a houndower with a fraligater sprite.

Kyaku
1st September 2005, 9:43 PM
All right,ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP!!!!!Every one knows every legendary can't breed!So don't go say something like "I linked up Emerald with Silver and got my lv.100 Groudon on Silver and a lv.0 Missingno. on Emerald!"Not like any body said that.

Luxuria
2nd September 2005, 11:37 PM
All right,ENOUGH OF THIS CRAP!!!!!Every one knows every legendary can't breed!So don't go say something like "I linked up Emerald with Silver and got my lv.100 Groudon on Silver and a lv.0 Missingno. on Emerald!"Not like any body said that.
I agree with spikey. This thread doesn't need to be filled with crap,so stop posting crap!!!! ;249-d; :surfpika:

shadowlink
3rd September 2005, 2:13 PM
Ok, Ok, enough on that particular fake glitch...Can we move on?

I have 2 gameboys-
Here's my "!" glitch
SHINY Tangla- Lv: 0
Known attacks: Hydro Pump
HP: (Est.) 1
What happened here? Did you use Crystal to duplicate? If so, then no need for details, I'm sure we know. If not, do tell about it.

Kyaku
3rd September 2005, 3:56 PM
I agree with spikey. This thread doesn't need to be filled with crap,so stop posting crap!!!! ;249-d; :surfpika:
Yes we don't need any stupid crap in this thread!Anyone one wants crap in a thread shoud make their own crappie thread!

shadowlink
3rd September 2005, 4:14 PM
^ You're...

...spamming;
...posting 'crap', as you call it;
...posting off topic;
...rephrazing someone else's message.

Just so you know :)

Luxuria
3rd September 2005, 6:06 PM
Okay lets just move on back to the glitches all right?

shadowlink
3rd September 2005, 6:17 PM
...posted my me...

Okay lets just move on back to the glitches all right?
...posted by Shining Raichu. Can you all listen to at least one of us?

Luxuria
3rd September 2005, 6:22 PM
Sorry, i thought since no one was listening to you i thought they would listen to me;-;

Kyaku
3rd September 2005, 9:31 PM
^ You're...

...spamming;
...posting 'crap', as you call it;
...posting off topic;
...rephrazing someone else's message.

Just so you know :)
I'm so sorry!And I don't need any spam in this thread so if anybody else posts spam I will go bananas and ask a mod to lock this.

Luxuria
3rd September 2005, 10:34 PM
Anyways... I had this glitch in my silver when i was in the silver cave. i was about to enter the second floor and i pressed select because my bike was on reigster then the screen just turned black with this long sound.I was so freaked out i stoped playing.
anyone know what happend?

ashfurball
6th September 2005, 6:12 PM
AAGH. I found my silver down the back of the sofa after 2 years. I turned it on. All pokemon and proffessor elm were black and 'other colour' patterns. Glitches to it:

Battles: Random Stripemon appear. Numbers flash across the screen. Pidgeys, Sentrets and Geodudes all have these moves: Sacred Fire
Aeroblast
Doesn't save. when you try it says 'No windows available for popping'
I looked at my pokes outside mr. pokemons house. the game froze and the colors went random next time i started a new game. Pink, green brown and grey flashed across the screen. wierd.

Luxuria
6th September 2005, 8:45 PM
AAGH. I found my silver down the back of the sofa after 2 years. I turned it on. All pokemon and proffessor elm were black and 'other colour' patterns. Glitches to it:

Battles: Random Stripemon appear. Numbers flash across the screen. Pidgeys, Sentrets and Geodudes all have these moves: Sacred Fire
Aeroblast
I looked at my pokes outside mr. pokemons house. the game froze and the colors went random next time i started a new game. Pink, green brown and grey flashed across the screen. wierd.
Very wierd......and scary

Kyaku
6th September 2005, 9:01 PM

Aeroblast
Man that would be cool if you could have all your Pokemon know Sacred Fire and Aeroblast...It's like if you mix Lugia,Ho-oh AND any other Pokemon with it!

ChronaMew
6th September 2005, 9:12 PM
That reminds me of something I once did with gameshark. I put on pokemon encounter codes for like 20 different pokemon and got some weird results. It goes like Wild Celebi appeared, its a blue shaded celebi. Item, Masterball, it changes gender and color when I throw it, then when I catch it. Steelix was caught! Would you like to give a nickname to Lugia? It gave me a Lugia with Celebi's base moveset. Pretty useful one I got was Moltres and Charmander with Sacred Fire, and Pidgey with Aeroblast

Unown_Crazy
6th September 2005, 10:46 PM

What happened here? Did you use Crystal to duplicate? If so, then no need for details, I'm sure we know. If not, do tell about it.
No i took the link cable while battling

Iveechan
7th September 2005, 2:38 AM
I want to see the glitch about the bug catching contest and shiny POkemon too :***(

Probably more from age, but my Gold is messed up. For over a year, time stood still. It would go forward a minute, then go back again, and always do that. Then, it fixed itself magically one day and time was normal. BUT some weird things remain. If I register the phone number of someone who sees Pokemon swarms, I get the call every few minutes. You know, when they tell you of a mass Snubbull sighting and stuff? Then there's a problem with the storyline. Elm never calls me after I beat Mahogany gym, so Team Rocket never takes over Goldenrod, thus I can never beat Gold again.

Alfonso
7th September 2005, 3:06 AM
Missigno doesnt exist in silver and a pokemon cant get trough lv255 even with gameshark it reset itself to lv2

MissingNO actually exists in every Pokemon game, because it's a testing/backbone kind of Pokemon. The game messes up because you're not supposed to access it. And when you do, it starts glitching because you've basically started bypassing the game's security and such.

shadowlink
7th September 2005, 4:52 PM
^ And the only way (known way) to access Missingno in GSC is via GS/AR.

Kyaku
7th September 2005, 9:20 PM
MissingNO actually exists in every Pokemon game, because it's a testing/backbone kind of Pokemon. The game messes up because you're not supposed to access it. And when you do, it starts glitching because you've basically started bypassing the game's security and such.
There's Missingno. pics at TeamRocket's rockin "Tales from the glitch",I'll try to get the address for the web site soon.
Off topic:Todays my B-Day!And I was the only 9 year old in 5th grade...

Luxuria
7th September 2005, 10:11 PM
Off topic:Happy B- day!!!! I'm older :D
On topic:I've seen those pics

Rui Gomes
10th September 2005, 1:06 PM
Can anyone explain me what a Liquid Glitch is?

Guy
10th September 2005, 1:08 PM
Good! Now, a liquid glitch is a glitch that happens because you poured water (or any liquid really) on your game.

Rui Gomes
10th September 2005, 1:10 PM
Good! Now, a liquid glitch is a glitch that happens because you poured water (or any liquid really) on your game.
O_O Crazy. Like, in the chip? Wouldn't that mess the Cartridge/Gameboy? What are the results of liquid glitches?

Roy_the_Rukario
10th September 2005, 1:33 PM
heres one. it happened to my silver.

first i'll tell you the story.

I was at a party, and I left my gameboy color outside, when a little girl probably about 4 years old dropped it in. my dad got it out and fixed both the cartridge and gameboy, when i went to play my silver, the time was reversed! morning was night, day was day, and night was morning! i was like holy cow!

Rui Gomes
10th September 2005, 1:57 PM
heres one. it happened to my silver.

first i'll tell you the story.

I was at a party, and I left my gameboy color outside, when a little girl probably about 4 years old dropped it in. my dad got it out and fixed both the cartridge and gameboy, when i went to play my silver, the time was reversed! morning was night, day was day, and night was morning! i was like holy cow!
Cool! Let me try it in an old Cartridge!...

shadowlink
10th September 2005, 2:13 PM
^ I heard it doesn't save....

Guy
10th September 2005, 2:21 PM
Liquid glitches are risky. Don't try them unless it's on a game that you don't care about at all anymore. Note that Liquid glitches can destroy your game. There are also "dropping glitches". When you drop the game, you get glitches. spideyjvc on his Emerald got a shiny hoard from that, but don't try them.

Rui Gomes
10th September 2005, 2:54 PM
Liquid glitches are risky. Don't try them unless it's on a game that you don't care about at all anymore. Note that Liquid glitches can destroy your game. There are also "dropping glitches". When you drop the game, you get glitches. spideyjvc on his Emerald got a shiny hoard from that, but don't try them.
I'm thinking in trying it with an old Blue Version I have. Or an old Silver... maybe some shiny I don't have will appear? ;o) Oh, I heard of a glitch/trick to make pokémon shiny. You had to deposit them, but I don't remember the trick. Can anyone tell me?

Kyaku
10th September 2005, 3:19 PM
One time I was in the bathroom and my Silver,Yellow and Blue fell in the sink!Thank goodness there was only a tiny bit of water it!

Rui Gomes
10th September 2005, 3:27 PM
One time I was in the bathroom and my Silver,Yellow and Blue fell in the sink!Thank goodness there was only a tiny bit of water it!
OMG... That could lead to all kinds of fun glitches! ;o) Seriously, you were lucky it didn't ruin the games.

Kyaku
10th September 2005, 9:06 PM
OMG... That could lead to all kinds of fun glitches! ;o) Seriously, you were lucky it didn't ruin the games.
Well I played it and noting glitchy happened.I don't have Blue and Yellow anymore though.I took em back to Tyler's.

kokee`
13th September 2005, 10:04 PM
LOL, this is just funny. It's too bad I gave my Red to a friend, I'd love to spill Coke all over it ("accidentaly" of course). ^^

Well, I was cloning my Mewtwo ( on Crystal) and there was a Skarmory named Iron in the box. The clone's name was Iron? Lol, of course I couldn't change its name cos it was traded from Red ( and we all know which ball I used to catch him, right? ;) ).

Well, ok. Nothing that special. Now we get to the funnier part.
Iron is now LV100, and I find Leftovers! I clone Iron@Lefties, and go to the cloned box I see that it has 1 more pokemon than before, so it's done okay. But wait... I click the box.. and the screen turns white? I klick AA BA A A etc, and it just does random sounds. I turn the game off/on and try again. The same thing happens. Well, the next day I wanted to show that to a friend, he said "it's probably fixed now". Of course, I was stupid and said "no it didn't XD"

Of course, it fixed. But the Iron was now named ????????RBike.
I check its summary - now it's named ????????Bike.
I withdraw it - in the pokemon box, its name is now only one ?, but its still ?????????Bike in the summary. I released it then...

But it was fun, lol and all... XD

Deoxytwo
16th September 2005, 3:06 PM
I have a glitch. Once i was playing Crystal i had already seen entei but then i found another one! It said Entei's nest the route between Ecruteak and the miltank farm and the other 1 on the miltank farm route. Off topic: This was also the game I accidentally released a level 50 Typhlosion.

Guy
18th September 2005, 4:30 PM
Huh? What are you talking about, Missingno. Hunter?

Shiny Hunter
18th September 2005, 5:08 PM
+tries to comprehend Missingno. Hunter's glitch+ o__o

Hm...a glitch, eh? Well, I've been to Glitch City a few times...+tries to think of any that occured in GSC+

Ah. Here's one. I doubt anyone will believe me but here goes :P
I was going to go capture Lugia in the Whirlpool Cave or whatever it's called...and the Lugia was black. I didn't use a GS or anything so I have no idea how it happened. I immediately shut the game off.

Edit- One question. A while back when I was younger and foolish, I used the dreaded GS to get a Celebi, Mew and Deoxys. The three have since been released and I'm even thinking about restarting Sapphire out of fear of losing data. I traded a pokemon from Sapphire to Colliseum to Emerald and I haven't noticed any glitches in my Emerald...will it produce glitches in the future or stay normal? =/ I have almost 300 pokemon, I don't want a glitchy Emerald. :P Can someone PM me an answer?

torkip
18th September 2005, 7:18 PM
In my Crystal my Togepi used to be named Togepi but now its named T9gepi and I have another Togepi named Togepi. I dont know why. I used to think when I was little that Team Rocket stole my togepi lol.

suicune_dancer
23rd September 2005, 9:10 AM
I might get a preowned gold and "acidentally* drop it in the fish tank

shinymetagross
23rd September 2005, 8:58 PM
I might get a preowned gold and "acidentally* drop it in the fish tank

Same here. Minutes before my family's yard sale(I am selling my Gold and Crystal) I would just love to spill water all over my Gold by "washing" it.

suicune_dancer
24th September 2005, 8:51 AM
yes....washing....*shifty eyes*

shadowlink
24th September 2005, 12:39 PM
I was going to go capture Lugia in the Whirlpool Cave or whatever it's called...and the Lugia was black. I didn't use a GS or anything so I have no idea how it happened. I immediately shut the game off.I can explain that. A bit hard to word it, though....okay. You had your GBA(SP) turned away from a light source at such an angle, that the GBA screen seemed to be filled with blackish shades. And it could have been shiny.

If not that, you lied deliberately.

dolphinxx
25th September 2005, 3:01 AM

2. A virus.

Hi can i plz have a trainer card? Can my name be Josh and my team be: mudkip,scizor,umbreon.latios,kyogre,grovyle. Can the poke'mon that stands next to me be a umbreon. and can the badges be hoen. thanx .

suicune_dancer
25th September 2005, 3:51 AM
are you sure thas a glitch.... this is a glitch thread...

Kyaku
25th September 2005, 1:17 PM
Hi can i plz have a trainer card? Can my name be Josh and my team be: mudkip,scizor,umbreon.latios,kyogre,grovyle. Can the poke'mon that stands next to me be a umbreon. and can the badges be hoen. thanx .
Sorry this is a thread for Gold, Silver and Crystal glitchs. Just go to the Fan Art Requests and request one. It's not to hard.

futureperfectshadow
30th September 2005, 2:20 AM
ok my gold is seriously screwed up ok heres how all hapned.
it's not like anything happned but when i play i used to have a nice team and a game i did'nt erase my game but now all it says is no windows avable for poping and frezes other times it blacks or whites out anyone have a solution

Kyaku
30th September 2005, 2:33 AM
ok my gold is seriously screwed up ok heres how all hapned.
it's not like anything happned but when i play i used to have a nice team and a game i did'nt erase my game but now all it says is no windows avable for poping and frezes other times it blacks or whites out anyone have a solution
Did you use a GS or AR?

dark plusle
30th September 2005, 3:24 AM
once i cloned my fraligator in crystol and when i used the clone my trainer came out and fought, it was lvl:0. i eventualy realeased it. it was messing up my game.

shinymetagross
2nd October 2005, 12:50 AM
To suicune dancer:
Washing...with hand SOAP!! (extra moistierising(sp?))

I cloned an Ampharos in Gold but the weird thing was the clone had 282HP and the original had 281HP!!(kept the clone :)) I don't know how it happened...

futureperfectshadow
3rd October 2005, 1:40 AM
heres a glich that happned this morning my gold was jacked up i took it apart when i played i was invisable nice it was a new game i had a raido already when i walked into the living room THERE WAS TWO MOMS one at the fridge one at the table than i went outside the rival was standing at the window but the cop was inside i got a pokemon and prof.elm said thats your choice ahhh freakey

suicune_dancer
3rd October 2005, 7:38 AM
hmm.... Hand soap eh? Or, I could also put it in the fish tank, and wach Emily Jr, Emily Jr, and Emily Jr tear it apart (My mini Pirahnas.)

Sapphy
3rd October 2005, 7:37 PM
Got a couple that's easy to try and won't mess up the game at all(i guess, never heard of any harm by them at least)and is really fun/useful:

Get a shiny Ditto:
Trade the shiny Gyarados to R/B/Y and teach it mimic. Trade it back to G/S/C and delete ALL the moves except from mimic. Then, trade it back to R/B/Y and fight a Ditto with it, use mimic and transform, and catch it(not sure if mimic and transform is NEEDED, but better be safe, huh?), then trade the Ditto to G/S/C(and the Gyarados if you want to), and the Ditto will be blue ^^

ALL moves on every pokemon that can learn mimic.
Okay, takes this out of my head, will update if I said something wrong.
Take for example a Gyarados that knows mimic(like, use the shiny Ditto-glitch first, and then use this one) and get into a link battle with a foe who has a Smeargle that knows sketch AND the move that you wants to learn Gyara(for example Aeroblast, a Gyarados with swords dance, EQ, aeroblast and substitute would be NICE). Use sketch, make Gyara mimic sketch, then make Smeargle use Aeroblast(or whatever you wants it to learn), and when Gyara sketches it, you will have a Gyarados with Aeroblast/whatever you wanted. Works with everyone that learns mimic(altso by TM in RBY) and Ditto(transform-*sketch-sketch-*the move you wants ditto to know(*=smeargle).

I haven't tested them by myself yet, but I am on the "meet ditto"-part on the blue Ditto-glitch, and will test out the "all moves"-glitch as fast as possible, and it's many people that says they have tried them both and that they works(people that I never has seen lie on forums).

Kyaku
3rd October 2005, 9:07 PM
Got a couple that's easy to try and won't mess up the game at all(i guess, never heard of any harm by them at least)and is really fun/useful:

Get a shiny Ditto:
Trade the shiny Gyarados to R/B/Y and teach it mimic. Trade it back to G/S/C and delete ALL the moves except from mimic. Then, trade it back to R/B/Y and fight a Ditto with it, use mimic and transform, and catch it(not sure if mimic and transform is NEEDED, but better be safe, huh?), then trade the Ditto to G/S/C(and the Gyarados if you want to), and the Ditto will be blue ^^

ALL moves on every pokemon that can learn mimic.
Okay, takes this out of my head, will update if I said something wrong.
Take for example a Gyarados that knows mimic(like, use the shiny Ditto-glitch first, and then use this one) and get into a link battle with a foe who has a Smeargle that knows sketch AND the move that you wants to learn Gyara(for example Aeroblast, a Gyarados with swords dance, EQ, aeroblast and substitute would be NICE). Use sketch, make Gyara mimic sketch, then make Smeargle use Aeroblast(or whatever you wants it to learn), and when Gyara sketches it, you will have a Gyarados with Aeroblast/whatever you wanted. Works with everyone that learns mimic(altso by TM in RBY) and Ditto(transform-*sketch-sketch-*the move you wants ditto to know(*=smeargle).

I haven't tested them by myself yet, but I am on the "meet ditto"-part on the blue Ditto-glitch, and will test out the "all moves"-glitch as fast as possible, and it's many people that says they have tried them both and that they works(people that I never has seen lie on forums).
Ok thanks for the glitches Sapphy.

marktheshark
3rd October 2005, 11:28 PM
my gold never has a glitch and its 5 years old

Kyaku
4th October 2005, 9:08 PM
my gold never has a glitch and its 5 years old
Um....Ok....O_o This is a thread to talk about glitches. Not about how many years you had your game..... O.O;;

SuperShadow
7th October 2005, 12:10 AM
This glitc happened to my friend. He had just gotten his starter pokemon in his first file when he ran into cyndaquil. In his recent file his time got messed up and he became a girl.

shinymetagross
7th October 2005, 9:14 PM
This glitch happened to my friend. He had just gotten his starter pokemon in his first file when he ran into cyndaquil. In his recent file his time got messed up and he became a girl.

Boys becoming girls?!? That sounds wrong :D That is pretty weird, though.

SuperShadow
9th October 2005, 2:09 AM
Tell me about it. I even saw his game before and after it happened.

Sapphy
9th October 2005, 6:28 PM
I am not sure of this one, but I'll try it later, OK? And I guess it won't harm your games to try it, so if someone can check it, it would been great ^^

"This is a cheat that will turn a pokemon that can evolve into a shiny pokemon. It is for Gold, Silver, and Crystal ONLY. I haven't tried it yet, but my friend showed me, and now he has a shiny sunkern!!! It truly does work, but it takes a few days.
1. Have the red gyarados, or any other shiny pokemon with you.

2. Put a flying pokemon in the first position, the pokemon's color who is wished to be changed in the second, three pokemon of your choice in the other positions, and the shiny pokemon at the end of your party.

3. Now, deposit the pokemon of your choice in an empty box, along with the shiny pokemon in the P.C. last.

4. Now, go to the bug catching contest, and enter. Use your flying pokemon in the contest. as soon as your in the contest, exit out, and the clerk will say: " Would you like to finish now?"

5. Say "NO" and you'll be back in the contest.

6. Use your flying pokemon to fly out of the contest, and store whatever pokemon's color who is wished to be shiny in a P.C. box with the pokemon of your choice, and the shiny pokemon you deposited earlier.

7. You should only have your flying pokemon with you.

8. Go back to the contest, save your game by the clerk, and wait until Tuesday, Saturday, or Thursday.

9. When it's one of those day's, talk to the clerk, and complete the contest.

10. Do not exit the contest and finish before the others, because it will break the code.

11. After the contest has been complete, go to your P.C. and withdraw the pokemon's color who wanted to be changed.

12. It will be in shiny version, but it will have the other shiny pokemon's name. Go to the name rater to fix this.

NOTE: This does not always work, and only works on pokemon that evolve, such as Larvitar, Pupitar, Spearow, Pidgey, or Pigeotto.

Taken from www.trsrockin.com/shiny.html

XD002
14th October 2005, 4:02 AM
I am not sure of this one, but I'll try it later, OK? And I guess it won't harm your games to try it, so if someone can check it, it would been great ^^

"This is a cheat that will turn a pokemon that can evolve into a shiny pokemon. It is for Gold, Silver, and Crystal ONLY. I haven't tried it yet, but my friend showed me, and now he has a shiny sunkern!!! It truly does work, but it takes a few days.
1. Have the red gyarados, or any other shiny pokemon with you.

2. Put a flying pokemon in the first position, the pokemon's color who is wished to be changed in the second, three pokemon of your choice in the other positions, and the shiny pokemon at the end of your party.

3. Now, deposit the pokemon of your choice in an empty box, along with the shiny pokemon in the P.C. last.

4. Now, go to the bug catching contest, and enter. Use your flying pokemon in the contest. as soon as your in the contest, exit out, and the clerk will say: " Would you like to finish now?"

5. Say "NO" and you'll be back in the contest.

6. Use your flying pokemon to fly out of the contest, and store whatever pokemon's color who is wished to be shiny in a P.C. box with the pokemon of your choice, and the shiny pokemon you deposited earlier.

7. You should only have your flying pokemon with you.

8. Go back to the contest, save your game by the clerk, and wait until Tuesday, Saturday, or Thursday.

9. When it's one of those day's, talk to the clerk, and complete the contest.

10. Do not exit the contest and finish before the others, because it will break the code.

11. After the contest has been complete, go to your P.C. and withdraw the pokemon's color who wanted to be changed.

12. It will be in shiny version, but it will have the other shiny pokemon's name. Go to the name rater to fix this.

NOTE: This does not always work, and only works on pokemon that evolve, such as Larvitar, Pupitar, Spearow, Pidgey, or Pigeotto.

Taken from www.trsrockin.com/shiny.html
Wows. Sounds cool, but I don't DO glitches. I'm just interested in them.;)

Sapphy
14th October 2005, 2:04 PM
I'm gonna check it on my Dragonair as soon as I get the purple Magmar. Hope it works ^^

ilovchansey
14th October 2005, 3:53 PM
is his supose to happen?
I was walking and walking then bammmmm.out or no where a celebii appeared durring the bug contest.i caught it at level 15 and i got a sunstone for it.i never use a cheating device either

dark scyther
14th October 2005, 4:14 PM
is his supose to happen?
I was walking and walking then bammmmm.out or no where a celebii appeared durring the bug contest.i caught it at level 15 and i got a sunstone for it.i never use a cheating device either
WTF?thats obvious it happens when you cut mssignos hair at goldenrod than he will became Prof.oak,then you quickly take the catridge of the gameboy and throw it on the water,a wild shiny celebi lv -2563 will appear.

In other words:FAKE

1 You cant catch any non-bug type on Bug-Contests

2 Celebi doesnt appear in the wild in english games(Only Crystal with the phone adapter)

ilovchansey
14th October 2005, 7:26 PM
why do you think its in a glitch thread.You are so.....URGGGGGGGGGG

Zurui_Nyasu
15th October 2005, 7:31 PM
Has anyone here heard of the Present glitch? I'm trying to find out exactly what it is, but haven't been able to find information on it anywhere.

From what I know, it has something to do with Present doing major damage to Special Pokémon on Gold and Silver--not Crystal.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Zurui_Nyasu
15th October 2005, 7:45 PM
Ah, I may have answered my own question.

I believe the glitch causes Present to do infinte damage to Normal types, no matter which Poémon uses it.

Hopefully this glitch helps you guys out. Of course, Delibird's not a very good Pokémon anyway.

Also, there is a glitch that involves using your Coin Case, I'm not sure if you guys know it...if you go to Vermillion, then talk to the Machop that is stomping the ground and go to your Coin Case and check how many coins you have, the game will either freeze or reset. I believe that afterwards, the silhouette of the Pokémon on the title screen will be visible and other colours will be odd until you reset again. I also hear that this freezes the in-game clock.

Zurui_Nyasu
16th October 2005, 5:58 AM
Well, I feel it is my duty to report that I sharked Present on my T-Tar and used it on a Tauros, with no serious damage dealt.

If anyone can figure out why it didn't work for me, that would be great.
And if you can't, I don't care. ^^;

Zurui_Nyasu
16th October 2005, 6:01 AM
-fixes sig-
<_<
>_>
Anywho, if anyone needs me to test out glitches, feel free to ask. I have a Gameshark, which might make it easier for me than others.

And please forgive these multiple posts...I hope they're not conidered spam; they contain information I though you guys should know...meh. =/

suicune_dancer
16th October 2005, 11:15 AM
You could of just edited your first post.

Zurui_Nyasu
17th October 2005, 1:52 AM
-pokes- Sorry, I'm new and wasn't aware of that. Thank you.

There are many descpriptions of glitches, etc. for G/S/C at trsrockin.com, it's an excellent site. It has accounts of what have happened to people on their games as well as other useful stuff.

I see the Edit button now.
<_<
>_>
Sorry for spamming the thread.

amphoros
17th October 2005, 6:55 PM
On my brothers gold he got a level 100 gmar in his pc.It has the sprite and and stats of a magmar but suddenly the other week it vanished.I have never used gameshark.

Lady Vella
18th October 2005, 2:22 AM
I was trading with my friend once in Crystal (she was using Gold), and she traded me something (I don't remember what) and after she traded it, I saved and turned off my game. Later, I went back to the game and found a weird Pokemon with a Japanese name in place of the traded Pokemon, and it was holding a G.S. ball. I never figured out what the G.S. ball was for, so I erased the save later, but it was still weird. Neither of our games have ever had that problem before, we've never used Gameshark or anything like that, and the link cable was in normal condition...

dark scyther
19th October 2005, 11:24 PM
a weird Pokemon with a Japanese name in place of the traded Pokemon holding a G.S. ball.
GS ball is a key item,you cant hold it.

Flygonzilla
20th October 2005, 12:00 AM
I'm not sure if this has been said before, but I have multiple ho-ohs of different IVs.

what I did was save in front of ho-oh, use the masterball, then return to the pokecentre. then I put it in a box, switched to an empty box, turned it off while it said "saving... don't turn off the pow", and when I turned it on again i was back in front of ho-oh and my masterball wasn't used up, and ho-oh wasn't in my pokedex.

then I flew back to the pokecentre, and it was there in that box. so kept doing this until i had a whole box filled with ho-ohs, and they all had different IVs. and still, it has never shown up in my pokedex, and my masterball has never been used up (well, if it did I'd still have a spare cloned one in my PC). so its sorta like cloning, but not quite.

Lady Vella
21st October 2005, 3:47 AM
Which is why I think my game is screwed up. -_-

I took the ball off, and I couldn't put it back on my Pokemon. It just said that it was the wrong time to use that item. I don't even think it HAS a use. Plus, my game has randomly been erasing my saves and doing crazy things since that happened.

pknm painter scott
22nd October 2005, 5:05 AM
I got a weird glitch in silver.

All I remember was that I was training a pkmn and it got pkrus and I was weirded out, so I went to the box (I did'nt know what pkrus was at the time.)
And I put the pkmn there. When I got back my boxs were filled with diferent pkmn. Ditto's and weedles galore. Creeped me out. nothin else though.

ChronaMew
26th October 2005, 1:37 AM
I once had a pokemon holdiong an Egg Ticket

ritzdijuto
29th October 2005, 3:09 AM
(chronamew, tell me: who is mistoishy? Am I missed? I'm a fraidy cat.)
I accidently dropped my silver version in a little water. I turned on my gameboy, poof, no more plus 200 pokemon caught and level 100 feraligatr and multiple shinies.
Then I started a new game.
I got to the guy who gives you map, and when he gave it to me, the screen blacked out. It tried again, I got my map without harm, but now whenever I get that map the kid in the top of the screen goes flicker flicker flicker. But now it runs perfectly.
Does cyndaquil evolve at level 14?

Kyaku
29th October 2005, 4:40 AM
Does cyndaquil evolve at level 14?
Yes it does. If it doesn't, you pressed the B button when it was trying to evolve, or, your game is really gliched.

ChronaMew
29th October 2005, 8:36 PM
(chronamew, tell me: who is mistoishy? Am I missed? I'm a fraidy cat.)
umm...I have no idea what that means

jinxie
15th November 2005, 12:04 PM
This glitc happened to my friend. He had just gotten his starter pokemon in his first file when he ran into cyndaquil. In his recent file his time got messed up and he became a girl.

aaah that happened to me. I tried to do the cloning thingy but I screwed it up. Anyway, I was originally playing with the boy so when I tried to do the cloning, I chose a girl. I did an interrupted save and it took me back to where I was when I was playing a boy only as a girl. It said I had like 150 pokemon (that's how many I had before I tried cloning) but I only had the ones I caught as a girl. It said I had all the badges but I lost all my items and money. I think I lost all my information on my pokedex too.

WaterDragon trainer
20th November 2005, 2:44 AM
Got a question for anyone who wants to answer it. I remember when I played Crystal something weird happened. Here's the scenario:

I was battling the Elite 4 and I was fighting Karen. I had a Feraligatr that was about a few(more than 10) levels higher than her Vileplume. I had Feraligatr use ice punch on Vileplume. Instead of becoming frozen(10%), Vilplume became confused!(It still had 1/4 of its HP left) This had happened to me twice. A former friend of mine thinks my Feraligatr must have struck Vileplume so hard that it got confused. I don't think that's the case. Also, my Feraligatr wasn't holding anything(no hold item). What happened??? Could this be a glitch?

MetalMario
20th November 2005, 5:01 AM
Was Vileplume doing a Petal Dance? If so, there's your Confusion. (Still sounds pretty amusing, though. :))

WaterDragon trainer
20th November 2005, 12:55 PM
No. Vileplume was NOT using petal dance.

tanhony
20th November 2005, 1:13 PM
i know a glitch!
in vermillion city i talked to that machop then i looked in my coin case then......black screen bzzzzzt sound freaky huh?

Kasaioni
20th November 2005, 1:54 PM
My proboblem is that glitches DON'T work, i tryed the item duplication thing were you go to the bug catching contest and when i went back from cherrygrove from flying out of it the guy says that the contest is over and come again or w/e so now i guess i will use the master ball on the next running-in-the-wild legendary i come accross:(.

Luxuria
20th November 2005, 2:42 PM
i know a glitch!
in vermillion city i talked to that machop then i looked in my coin case then......black screen bzzzzzt sound freaky huh?
we all know that glitch ;)
it changes the colour of the game or w/e...;251;

adamgnome
21st November 2005, 1:20 AM
I remember, one time I traded a Gamesharked Lugia to my friend, and it messed up his game. It turned into a whole bunch of random tiles. :P And then I laughed at him. I miss grade 6. ;-;

Kasaioni
23rd November 2005, 12:57 AM
I have a glitch:
When I go in the place were you exchange coines for prize in Celadon city in my crystal, the peope at the counter aren't there, just two blue squares.

kidumbreon
23rd November 2005, 2:39 PM
well my game said that the memory card or something died....but then i turned off/on and then it worked!!....whewww..

Kyaku
23rd November 2005, 3:49 PM
this one time i was playing colosseum and then the next day i played like 2 pokemon's heart thing was gone, and i didn't cheat, i didn't even use the pokemon.
Oi. This is the Gold, Silver and Crystal Glitch Thread! Sheesh, sometimes I wonder if anyone reads the name of the thread...

Kasaioni
27th November 2005, 1:32 PM
Alex's Duplicating Glitch!
Ok, as you might know I have duplicated 5 Masterballs thanks to Kidumbreaon, but just yesterday I had a glitch in my game when I tryed to duplicate a rare candy to make my Kacuna evolve, you see ever sence the beggining of my game when I first got to the breeding center, I let my Togepi I named "OMG!!!!!!" and my Kacuna I named "Waiting...." stay there, but I forgot about them so after I beat Red I was catching and evolveing pokemon for my pokedex when I went down my list I saw that Beedrill was next to get so, I knew I had a Kacuna, so I checked all my boxes, but couldn't find it, then I thought, 'Well the only other place my Kacuna could be is in the breeding center, its in my pokedex so its got to be there, if not, I have to catch another one and I released my old one for some reason...'. So I went to the breeding center and sure enough my Kacuna I named Waiting.... was there with OMG!!! my togepi. So I went to the breeding man and he said that my Waiting.... had grown by 40 level's! I thought, 'That means my waiting... is level 45!!!'. So I toke back my Waiting..... and my OMG!!!! and deposited my OMG!!! and withdraw my Giantsquid (tentacreul). At this point I was thinking, 'My Waiting is going to take to long to get to level 46 in silver cave and no trainers want to re-battle me and I don't like to battle the league again untill I have accomplished something, wait I know! I'll duplicate a rare candy! So I went to the league pokecenter(don't know why O_o)and deposited my Waiting... and withdrew my Rattata I named "Duplicate"(I use him for all my duplicating needs! )and attached a rare candy to duplicate then saved. So then I changed boxes to box 14, you can never be to safe, then I deposited my Duplicate then went to change boxes to box 13 then as kidumbreaon suggested I tryed to turn it off just after it says POWER. Then turned it back on and opened my box, it haden't work, I knew I had to get the right timing so I tryed to duplicate 3 more times and on the third time I tyred to open my box but the game forze and the screen was white, then the music disappeared, so I turned the game off, then I turned it back on again and the same thing happened when I tryed to withdaw my Dulpicate of my Duplicate, white screen, no music, frozen, this happened 4 more times, then on the 5th it finaly did something, but itstead of Duplicate being there was a level ? Kingdra and ?'s were all over the screen, so I turned off the game, tured it back on again, and again, a level ? Kingdra with ?'s all over the screen, tryed to withdraw it, then a word screen came up at the bottom saying weird jumbled up works in french english and japanese and all those weird ?'s and other ones like $ % * # were around the words, then screen went blank and a screen came up that looked like that title screen, it had pokemon on the top center in Yellow and Crystal in unknown language below and below that it said "This game is only ment for GameBoy color!" Then I pressed B and the screen went totaly weird with any kind of japanese, french and english letters all mixed together, somewere in the jumble of stuff it spelt "eff you see kay" I laughed inspite of myself that moment for some reason. So once again I tured the game off then tured the game on again. This time I tryed to move that kingdra but instead it turned into level 126 Aipom, I was happy and O_O at the same time thinking, 'Maybe I could keep this Aipom and get the rare candy, but sadly the game froze, so AGAIN I tured the game off then I tured the game on again, then tryed to move the kindra, the kindra turned into a level 126 Aipom but this time, I COULD MOVE IT! . But when I moved it into my party it turned back into Duplicate, then I was happy that I didn't lose my Duplicate that I had become very close to, so I toke the rare candy from Duplicate and used it on my Waiting... wich evolved into a Beedrill, I released my other Duplicate, depoeted the othere rare candy and deposited Duplicate and withdrew my sudowodoo. From that point there semmed to be no other glitches in my game exept ever once in a while when I press B there is a faint bzzzzt that you can harly hear.
THE END
Moral:I will never Duplicate another item or pokemon, in this file, I will tain pokemon the hard way, in this file! :P
But I still have 2 masterballs left and I am a pround iowner of lugia entai and suicune thanx to Duplicate! Duplicateing prevailes again!

Axel
28th November 2005, 1:39 AM
Moral:I will never Duplicate another item or pokemon, in this file, I will tain pokemon the hard way, in this file! :P
But I still have 2 masterballs left and I am a pround iowner of lugia entai and suicune thanx to Duplicate! Duplicateing prevailes again!
Yes, you never want to duplicate, it's better to raise them the right way. They have better potential. And I would consider the duplicating glitch cheating anyway.

Anyway, here's the only but weird glitch I had on my Gold version. I never deleted the file mind you, and I still have all the Pokemon that were affected.

I was battling like normal, just a normal day, training and fighting. I wanted the Pokerus, I got my wish, the whole story of what it was from Nurse Joy and Prof. Elm, but wishes come with consequences. I checked Box 4 (I think, somewhere around there) and I saw the weirdest thing. Every Pokemon in that box was messed up in some way. Ho-oh, my pride and joy at that time was in the box. His OT was supposed to be GOLD, but now it's Le. Le? What's it supposed to mean? There was also others messed up too, one with a blank space for a name, one called Darrit, the a with the two dots over it, and the rest had screwed OTs and occasionally their names. It bugs me though, I show people my Ho-oh and they think it was someone else who caught it. The damage was irreversible, but I still played. And I still have the file and all affected Pokemon, if anyone wants me to post their stats along with their original ones, feel free to say so.

I had no idea how this happened, but something really went wrong. Luckily nothing else has glitched yet.

Mikau
7th December 2005, 9:09 AM
I was playing my Crystal version when I tryed to clone a pokemon.(don't remember who it was) After I turned my game back on my whole box contauned Moltres' and Kingdras. It was very cool but the pokemon who where transformed still had all of their current moves. For example I had a level 14 Pinsir that turned into a Kingdra and it still had Vicegrip Bind and I think Focus Energy.

Kasaioni
7th December 2005, 12:52 PM
I was playing my Crystal version when I tryed to clone a pokemon.(don't remember who it was) After I turned my game back on my whole box contauned Moltres' and Kingdras. It was very cool but the pokemon who where transformed still had all of their current moves. For example I had a level 14 Pinsir that turned into a Kingdra and it still had Vicegrip Bind and I think Focus Energy.wow thats kinda wat happened to my duplicate, do you still have them?

Kayko
7th December 2005, 1:49 PM
i have done cloning to... yes during this pocess what ZB said .. can happen..

but my coloning experince .. i never had that.. pokemon tranform... wow! i will lokk into that o see if it is really possible

Mikau
7th December 2005, 6:52 PM
wow thats kinda wat happened to my duplicate, do you still have them?
No. But I wish I did. I started a new game because I got scared that it would mess up my file. But then I did it again on the new file and found a way to fix the glitch. Just simply put the affected pokemon in the daycare center.

Kasaioni
7th December 2005, 9:25 PM
that workes? cool!

Emoeevee
10th December 2005, 2:53 PM
:( i lost my AMAZING vaporion to that damn duplicate cheat!!! I havent done it since its too risky!!

Altmer
10th December 2005, 3:54 PM
:( i lost my AMAZING vaporion to that damn duplicate cheat!!! I havent done it since its too risky!!

Can you cut down on the exclamation marks please?

Mikau
11th December 2005, 11:03 AM
I have another one, Whenever my pokemon get hit with an attack the health meter will stop for a moment then it will deduct 1 more hp off of it. Does that happen to anyone else?

Pika_Princess
11th December 2005, 5:27 PM
I have another one, Whenever my pokemon get hit with an attack the health meter will stop for a moment then it will deduct 1 more hp off of it. Does that happen to anyone else?

Do you mean, completely dead stop for a few seconds? Because on my Crystal, it will slow waaay down, and decucts one or two more. I think that is normal; it happens pretty consistently.

Only glitch I have ever experienced:
*plays violin music*
I once had a venasaur (traded from blue), and I was fighting an Eevee (I think)
So! Anyway, first, Venusaur used leech seed. Next turn, it uses solarbeam and knocks it out.
Or so I thought.
The health meter was completely gone (this was in good light, don't tell me I was blind) BUT Eevee's helath got sapped by leech seed before it fainted! Strange, huh?

Kyaku
11th December 2005, 9:08 PM
Do you mean, completely dead stop for a few seconds? Because on my Crystal, it will slow waaay down, and decucts one or two more. I think that is normal; it happens pretty consistently.

*plays violin music*
So! Anyway, first, Venusaur used leech seed. Next turn, it uses solarbeam and knocks it out.
Or so I thought.
The health meter was completely gone (this was in good light, don't tell me I was blind) BUT Eevee's helath got sapped by leech seed before it fainted! Strange, huh?
VERY strange. But didn't you use Sunny day so you could use Solar Beam in 1 turn?

Mikau
11th December 2005, 9:26 PM

*plays violin music*
Or so I thought.
No the hp meter will stop for way more than a few seconds then all of a sudden there goes 1 or 2 more hp.

Pika_Princess
12th December 2005, 2:52 AM
I didn't use sunny day. I didn't think the turn in beetween mattered, as nothing important happened.

Zapdos Breeder-This sounds like a glitch alright. It hasn't happened to me. What cartridge do you have? My brother's Silver cart completely crashed a few months ago-this could be a warning sign.
I thought of another glitch!
When I was trying to get me eevee to like me so it would become an Espeon, I decided to use a PP UP on its shadow ball. Now, shadow ball starts with a PP of 15, right? Well, after using just ONE PP UP, it ended up with 18! Is this supposed to happen?

suicune_dancer
12th December 2005, 8:36 AM
If it is, then flip me on my back and call me wiggling

Wyndigo
12th December 2005, 9:01 AM
I thought PPup brought your PP up by a percentage... I don't think it's a glitch.

• Mayuki™ •
22nd December 2005, 4:38 AM
theres a weird glitch in my game... heres the story..
one day me and my friend are talking to each other when suddenly i accidentally hit my game cartridge slamming it to the wall(not that hard)
then the game hangs, when i turn it off and then i turn it on there is no opening screen all i see is a light green background with random unowns
once again... i turned my gb off and on it again... may female character has turned into a boy :o the name is still the same, the id number... and after that incident... many weird things start happening on the game such as...
Laparas, instead of appearing during friday its tuesday... instead of wild yanmas, wild sunkerns and the i seem to encounter lots of shiny pokemon >< and one more thing... like what the others said about the duplicating glitch happens to me and... i lost my amulet coin !

zeppelin
22nd December 2005, 9:46 AM
worst glich that ever happend to me would my wooper batteld growlithe
i saved after and the next moring my wooper had fire blast . i was looking for
;231; and what happpend every freaking pokemon was a bad egg

the moral of this story dont battle weakings with a wooper

AV_ROcK-Dark-TB
2nd January 2006, 4:09 PM
SILVER:Well..when I was battling a rocket somehow this wierd yellow line came up I wanted to see what was going to happend next so I battle'd on.
and somehow It froze(o__0)and when I turned It on it was fine..

CRYSTAL:Once I didn't play the game for a year and one day It was delated.
(is that a glitch?)

Serebii93
2nd January 2006, 11:59 PM
You might not beleive what happened to me, but I'm telling 100% truth.
The other night I was battling my friend and the link cable slipped out twice. I ended up killing him good, but I was still battling. All of the sudden, the screen warped a little and out came a lv. 205 male Butterfree. I attacked him once, then realized this might kill my game. I shut it off and I haven't turned it back on for three days. I'm worried that my game will go gone. I have Mew, Mewtwo, and a load of other rares. Please help...

suicune_dancer
3rd January 2006, 12:53 AM
Just take the plunge and turn it back on

Serebii93
6th January 2006, 4:37 AM
Good news: My game has survived!! It works as it was new! *rest in peace for me*

Luxuria
6th January 2006, 12:48 PM
Good news: My game has survived!! It works as it was new! *rest in peace for me*
Um excuse me but how is that a glitch?
Was your game glitched?

The Benmeister
6th January 2006, 12:55 PM
Um excuse me but how is that a glitch?
Was your game glitched?

Go to the previous page and he explains there.

Luxuria
6th January 2006, 1:08 PM
Oh.... well I'm glad your game survived then...
~WF ;151;

Char1016
7th January 2006, 9:14 PM
While cloning my Ho-oh in crystal, a shiny Ho-oh was in the box, is this a glitch?The other Ho-ohs weren't shiny at all.

P.S. = Hey suicune dancer, i've seen that charmander animation in a site but I don't know in which. maybe you stolen it :P .

Luxuria
7th January 2006, 9:34 PM
While cloning my Ho-oh in crystal, a shiny Ho-oh was in the box, is this a glitch?The other Ho-ohs weren't shiny at all.

I guess it was a glitch. Duplicating pokemon can cause weird things you know....like deleting them and turning them into other pokemon with screwed up levels or G/S/C missingno.
~WF ;000;

Kyptointe Krunch
9th January 2006, 5:04 AM
I continued trying to get Megados, but I got a subtled version. It was a Meganium called Gyarados. And I didn't change the name myself :/

About the rules and n00bs...has anyone heard of the expression "feeding the fire"? If a n00b (NOT newbie) is spamming, they will do so even more if they are told to stop. I remember a thread, but I lost it. It was like:

n00b: *puts ~20 smilies* HI GUYS!!!! *more smilies*
person1: you are abusing smilies. plz stop, etc.
n00b: *smilie army* WhY ShOUld i?
person2: you'll get banned. leave.
n00b: *smilies* does tHis GEt ME bANneD?

...You might have seen this? Anyway, a newbie will listen and learn. A n00b will try to oppose you. By ignoring their presence, they will get bored and hopefully leave. And they bump!

Stop with the rules.Its a forum calm down.Anyways when i try to cacth a pokemon in the daycare pond it sumtimes freezez,and one time when i tryed to cacth lugia,the ultra ball looked gliche and the game froze.

masterofshuppets
12th January 2006, 2:39 AM
Ok here is a couple things I'd like to share. Recently I found my games in a box (I just moved 6 months ago so yeah...) and I found my games. My cousins came over and suggested we play them. On my Gold Version my friend had gotten a Celebi from a friend who went to a Nintendo Event, and he cloned it for me. That game was wiped clean when i turned it on.

On Silver I remember having a lvl 100 Ursaring and a high level Ho-Oh which I had raised from gold. That game was wiped clean when i turned it on.

Crystal, I completed the pokedex. That's the only known accomplish on there. That game was wiped clean when i turned it on.

My Red was wiped (yes I used tons of glitches and my friends gameshark so eventually that would happen) and my Yellow same as always.

Now I think that when not being used, or just being so old that the little chips inside rusted and erased save data.

I beat crystal once again recently. Caught a level 40 lugia and cloned it for my cousin. It didn't come out right, and when I tried to withdraw it, my game froze. I got it out once and battled the elite 4 with it. Every turn its moveset was changed. Even moves i'd never even heard of. I remember Hydrocover and some fairy move. They were great moves cuz I KO'd every time but I had those freaking letters all over the screen and after a couple rounds the game froze and I restarted. The next time i could select lugia from the box, i deleted it. then reset the game. lol
This story is (100% true, if you don't believe me, I really don't care)

Phreack
14th January 2006, 5:21 PM
Hi this glitch happened to my gold some months ago. I was starting a new game and I got a spinarak (and other different pokemon but I don't remember well). Well when I got to violet town I saved and my battery dried out while it was saving. When I recharged it I was at violet city (the last time I saved before it was at cherrygrove) and when I went to the PC I had like 4 spinaraks instead of 1!! One of them was named Unown (weird is I never even saw one) and another one didn't have a name but it species was unown and it's picture was spinarak's. If I tried to see the status of anyone the game freezed. Any other pokemon I had in the box were gone and I had some A unowns. Since then I hate those little black things. I liked that game but I decided to start a new one.

Moral: Never save with low battery. Unowns may attack your game lol

Another thing that happenned was in my gbc with the same gold in another savegame. I turned the gbc on while holding A and a d-pad (I don't remember which) and I could play with inverted colors! The game was completely fine other than that. I tried it again and I couldn't do it the same way but by mashing every button it sometimes worked.

And last one one of my friends has a "strange" crystal. The pokemon's nicknames can't be longer than 5 characters and since suicune started appearing his game may turn suddenly into a screen with unowns and a short text in english talking about a "bet-boy". But his game may just be hacked I don't know. None of us has a GS/AR.

Mystify
16th January 2006, 9:18 PM
Well, one time, after reading about the duplicate glitch, I attempted to duplicate my Mew. (Obtained from Pokemon Red by use of the Long Ranged Trainer Event Glitch)

I also had a Scizor in the same box as the mew, so I tried to duplicate it, and whaddayaknow, I get a level 100 Scizor, named Mew, with Scizors moves.

My Mew vanished :(

Also, there have been some name stuff ups when duplicating. For example, I own a Zapdos named Feraligatr, and a Ho-oh named Furret.

Phreack
21st January 2006, 3:17 AM
well a mexican guy posted this "tricks" in another thread and mede a third thread to post videos of him doing them in an emulator. I don't know if they actually work though. All the post was in spanish so I translated it with google. Expect A LOT OF translation mistakes. Hope that was clear but I'll try to correct what I understood :D

Hello! My name is Francisco Hernandez Torres (that's him not me). I from Mexico City. Sorry but I not speak english. This tricks too work in GSC in english. With the trick #2 is as the Shadowlink member obtained to "Megados" in pokemon crystal. If somebody wants to see images or a video of some of the tricks write to Paco_cater@yahoo.com.mx and I will send them. 1. First one is to improve the already well-known trick of the cloning. In fact you can clone up to 6 pokemon with 6 equipped objects separate other 14 objects. Way of preparation: To have the 6 pokemon to clone in party (equiped) and 15 pokemon in a box of bill (without objects) among them have pokemon that is going away to sacrifice like a rattata, an egg of raising nonwished, then to save the game. To equip to the 6 pokemon of the equipment with the wished objects (you can give them tm or vitamins to make them valuable), later to deposit to 5 in the PC of bill, then to remove to other 5 that are kept in the box, later to equip more objects to them and to deposit them again, we continued removing pokes that do not have objects and we equip them and we deposit them again, we follow this until in party single it is left pokemon that are going away to sacrifice (ratatta) and in equipped the other 14 more aside the the 6 box of bill pokemon to clonar pokemon (altogether they must of being 20), then the step to change to another box and when it says SAVING... NOT TO TURN OFF THE CONSOLE to turn off the console and when we return to turn it on it, we will have to the 6 pokemon in party, in the box of bill we will have such to 6 of party but equipped plus the other 14 pokemon that already was before (but equipped), the only one that will be lost will be the rattata that will be lost by all the eternity. This works in three editions (in English and Spanish), in the edition crystal to turn off the console a little later of which the phrase finishes SAVING DON'T TURN OFF THE CONSOLE. 2. This other trick is the one that but I like, is hard because there is to have an exact timing but is true, is to turn any pokemon in shiny, consists of mixing pokemon by means of a variant of the trick of the clonation. It is needed to have a space in your equipment for pokemon, a box with 18 pkm anyone, 1 shiny (who will lose its special color, reason why is necessary to have necessary copies of this pkm), pkm to which we want to transform and a rare candy by each pkm that we transform. Procedure: To have a box with 20 pokemon, in the last places shiny and to which we are going to transform, saves the game, then the #20 pkm of the box has to be shiny and the #19 pkm has to be the one we want to transform into shiny so we withdraw the pkm we want to convert and deposit it again, later we do as if we went to clone pkm with the step to change of box, the game says that it will save and that will overwrite the game, then turn off while it says SAVING DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER In case that the trick does not work us to first we can continue trying again withdrawing pokemon #19 and depositing it, there are occasions in which only change to the name but not it shiny or until occasions in which the names are mixed. --From now on you are on your own in understanding this later I will try to translate some more the trick ends here-- If the trick left us or we will see that pokemon that he was shiny now no longer is it and pkm that was not shiny now it is it but with the difference of which it has the name of another one pkm and also has the attacks of pokemon which he was shiny (reason why he is recommendable to teach good attacks to shiny for pas&#225;rselos to the other), this trick works very or with pokemon which they evolve because when turning to pkm shiny, in battle the figure continues being the same one of pokemon that we cleared shiny to him but this is corrected when pokemon evolves, is recommendable to give a Rare Caramel pkm that we finished of to transform so that it recovers his estatus normal (at the moment pkm has the status of the other), we changed him name to pkm that we finished transforming with the inspector of names, also can to return shiny to pokemon legendary, to one in evolution final or to which it does not evolve but I do not have found form that in battle sees normal, if we put in the day-care center to pkm that we finished mixing, when removing them return to normality (this is only useful if we want to transform to pkm to teach attacks to him that the other learns and soon we return it to normality or to use it to combine it with several pkm different to make chains of attacks that do not learn of any other form). If we transformed into shiny to pokemon that it evolves with evolutionary stone, when using this stone says that ours pkm cannot receive it, but we do not make case to that, we occur it and ours pokemon will evolve and in battle already it will be seen normally. Now we improved the previous trick: Pokemon can be transformed simultaneously into shiny to several, which must do is to put in normal shinys and 10 box 10 pkm pkm (one shiny, one normal, another one shiny, another normal etc...), the game keeps, then we removed first pkm and we return it to keep (so that all pkm of the box crosses a place), then we make the trick and if it came out us well we will see that when reinitiating the game became several simultaneously pokemon, but sometimes the 10 do not become pkm but only a few (normally become about 5 pkm, but in a pair of the 10 occasions I have gotten to transform to pkm of a single distance depends on the aim when extinguishing the console, if we used the GB Tower of the Pokemon Stadium 2 we can make the trick pressing the button reset of the N64 not to have to walk catching and extinguishing gameboy). A peculiar thing which I have observed is that if beams the trick mixing an egg of raising with another one pkm, when reinitiating the game and reviewing the box we see that pkm that we mixed with the egg will call egg and be in level 5, but with estatus of pkm it raises of the egg and in battle it sees as pokemon raises, and the egg will be called like the other pkm and if we checked its state says to the following EAST EGG WILL NEED TIME MUCH MORE TO OPEN ITSELF, pokemon that is born of the egg is the same one with that we mixed the egg in the same level that was at the time of mixing it (if the trick is done mixing an egg of raising with pokemon that brings an equipped object, when removing from the PC to the egg and to see it in party we will see that the egg brings the equipped item (this sees chistoso). 3. For this other trick it must dominate timing of the previous trick. This more than trick he is bug but he is very interesting. One is to obtain a species of missingno for the Oro/Plata editions. It is obtained depositing to nobody pokemon in a box that never you have used, we do as if we went it to clonar and extinguished the console like in the trick mixing pokemon, in the first positions of the box when igniting the console we almost always see pokemon that clonamos but without name in the same way, but if we continued it clonando some times, soon we will see pokemon that clonamos without name and in level 0, we checked its state and we see that is of type steel, is pokemon # 000, does not have no attack, its no. of you go is 00000 and we will see some rare signs, we removed this pokemon from box and will be seen with the figure of pkm that clonamos but will be in level 1, if we put it in the starting point of the equipment and fought with pkm wild, when leaving to battle sees as the trainer and when fighting only occupies the attack fights, if we do not put it like initial but if we changed it during the battle, when appearing is seen like previous pkm but in red color, when raising of level fighting we almost see that he raises much in his characteristics in ps, nothing in attack, too much in both defenses, in special AT and something in speed (has less attack much than a Magikarp and more defense that a Shuckle), learns attacks, TM such and mo that pkm that clonamos, if we put it in the day-care center when seeing it in the returned patio sees as the trainer but giving (it is graceful), if you put it with ditto says that pkm is pleasant with the other and give an egg, when eclosionar the egg leaves a Missingno (graphical sweepings) and sometimes inherits transformation. Reason why I have seen is possible by the way to be considered to this Missingno like another one pokemon since it has unique characteristics and he is only pkm type pure steel in Oro/Plata, if you leave ditto wild I transformed into Missingno the resetea game. This Missingno is obtained most frequently in editions in English, also is obtained in editions in Spanish but it must to him put a name different from the box where we are going it to clonar. In the version crystal if you try this instead of missingno appears kingdra but some times the game is united, this Kingdra is obtained more easily in the version in Spanish, to obtain to kigndra in the version in ingles must change the name to the box. 4. This other trick is for the edition crystal (in Spanish, because in English the game is united almost always), still I do not dominate it but I believe that it is the key to obtain to CELEBI. It consists of obtaining pokemon rare transforming to pokemon clonado into another one pkm. A new game begins, it advances until we obtain pokeballs and we captured wild nobody pokemon, we opposite kept the game from the PC of the first center pokemon, clonamos to main ours pokemon of correct way, since we have in the PC to pokemon clonado we return to keep the game, we deposited in the PC to main ours pkm and do as if we went it to clonar again, we make the change of box and extinguished the console like in the trick mixing pokemon, if everything goes when reinitiating the game well we entered the PC of bill and when trying to see ours pokemon the screen is in target we pressed the button To until that we see ours pkm, first pkm will be or or also it will see as kingdra and the second will have several question marks?????? and one will see as kingdra we checked the state of the second pokemon then will see like pokemon that clonamos but surrounded by signs of??????, we pressed button B to return to the previous screen and perhaps one sees again as kingdra or will be seen as pokemon different we move the cursor to first pokemon and this pkm is transformed into another one, removed them from the PC and will have to others pkm different from which clonamos, if some of pkm has like name signs? when putting it in battle the game will be united unless it is in level 1 reason why it would see like missingno of oro/plata, pokemon into which they transform kingdra vary depending on the day and hour in which it is reinitiated the game (we can make the trick of change of different hour to obtain pokemon), also we will obtain different pkm if we left and we entered of the center pokemon before going to the PC of bill. Perhaps still nonencounter the day and hour so that kingdra is transformed into celebi, is obtained in another position of the box or another different box. This last trick still is in experimental stage reason why he is recommendable to practice it with an emulator and a ROM before doing it in console. Bye!

paco81
21st January 2006, 10:41 AM
En la traducción faltó poner el momento en el cual apagar el gameboy para que funcione el truco de mezclar pokemon. En gold/silver apagar la consola en el momento que contestas que si sobreescribirás la partida (es en el momento que desaparece el cuadro si/no y es en el instante cuando está terminando el sonido del botón A al contestar que si). En crystal es un pequeñísimo instante después de que aparece el punto final de la frase GUARDANDO NO APAGAR LA CONSOLA.

No quería romper las reglas al poner los links a los videos, con los videos sólo quería ayudarles a comprender los trucos y mostrarles el momento exacto de apagar el gameboy para que funcionen los trucos.

¡Sorry for break the rules!

Connor
29th January 2006, 6:29 PM
I heard of a glitch where you can get all 3 starters. Can Someone tell me how to do it?

El3mentry
29th January 2006, 7:13 PM
please tell me i dont have to read all of that!

Phreack
29th January 2006, 8:37 PM
Well I'll try to make it short. This trick was translated from a post from paco81

Ok to multiply a lot of items at once you have to have a box with 15 pkm without items and in your party you need six pkm but equipped with the item you want to multiply (I suggest all 21 to be the same cloned a lot of times because one of them will be lost 4 EVUR). You also need 20 items to be cloned. (For example: 21 rattatas unequipped -15 on box, 6 on party- and 21 rare candies -6 on party rattatas-) I'll use rattatas to make this trick.

It starts now you save in front of the computer and be sure not to save from now on. You deposit 5 equipped rattatas and withdraw 5 unequipped ones. You equip them with rare candies and deposit them again. Then you withdraw another 5 unequipped and you equip them, deposit them, withdraw another 5 unequipped, and so on. You do this until you have only 1 rattata in your party and the box full of 20 rare candy-equipped rattatas. Now you try to change boxes and while it is saving turn off the game while it's writing SAVING... DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER (In crystal version you need some better timing to turn off right when it stops writing) When you turn on again you should have the same amount of rare candies you had when you first saved and the rattatas at the box will also be equipped. You can start collecting your boot now :D

Another trick he posted is the one shadowlink used to get Megados but I haven't tested it yet. Use at own risk :X

To do this you need a shiny (I'll use red gyarados as example) and a pkm you want to transform into shiny (I'll use Rattata again. If it works it'll do it with any pkm =P) (If this pkm is still capable of evolving you will have better results. If not it will look like the gyarados). Gyarados will become blue again but rattata will be shiny so it would be smart to keep copies of shiny gyarados.

First you musn't have a full party. Now you need to make a box like this:

any 18 Pokemon
Rattata
Red Gyarados

You withdraw rattata and deposit it again, then you change boxes, blah blah turn off while it is writing blah blah harder with crystal- you know the drill ;) .

Now turn on and check your box... If it worked you'll have a shiny rattata named gyarados and with gyarados stats and attacks and it looks like gyarados in battle. But if it evolves it will be a shiny raticate in battle... I hope. Ok he had more tricks but for the spanish version only. That's all folks!!

Pd: It wasn't short sorry :p

Race T
5th February 2006, 7:52 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaay back in the time of Cryatal, i left the cartridge on the bench and i got that spider pen fluid stuck in the cartridge. when i played it i was stuck in a 4x4 invisible barrier by the poke center in ecruteak

Xeno
5th February 2006, 9:09 PM
One time I accidently dropped my GBA while playing Gold. The game returned to the title screen but the palet was real screwed up until I turned off the game.

DaBlueMaster
6th February 2006, 10:03 PM
Okay I was asking for it when I did this!But I linked a Japenesse silver with an english silver and went to battle everything was fine until the battle started on both screens the oppnent showed up as a Rocket executive!So both games sent out the pokemon and on the jap side the pokemon that was sent out was Suicune.but on the english side it showed up as a level 203 burnt shiny butterfree (burnt meaning the status cond.)Well next pokemon came out on the english side was a fainted furret level 1 at this point I was freaking out so I used moves on each side.The "buterfree" used confusion but the "furret" didn't faint that creeped me outI was going to shut off the game when the furret used tackle of course doing no damage.then the butterfree was hurt by the burn somehow inflicted on it and fainted still with its hp full then furrewt fainted unfortantly for me I only had one pokemon on the english side so it lost.

Also I heard something about the magnet train and if you connect a gold or silver with the game that they'll crash or something stuipid will that happen?!?!

MaskedManAbsolkid
11th February 2006, 5:04 PM
Don't think it was mentioned, but one time, when I was going up Olivine Lighthouse, every step I moved, I got a call!

muckers
12th February 2006, 12:00 PM
Another thing that happenned was in my gbc with the same gold in another savegame. I turned the gbc on while holding A and a d-pad (I don't remember which) and I could play with inverted colors! The game was completely fine other than that. I tried it again and I couldn't do it the same way but by mashing every button it sometimes worked.

That's not a glitch, I'm afraid. :)

When I first got my GBC I was reading the GBC's instruction book, and it says that holding A (or B, I think) and doing different directions on the D-Pad lets you play with different colours.

Since G/S are also designed to be used on original GBs (and GB Pockets) I guess the 'changing pallete' would work with those.

And last one one of my friends has a "strange" crystal. The pokemon's nicknames can't be longer than 5 characters and since suicune started appearing his game may turn suddenly into a screen with unowns and a short text in english talking about a "bet-boy". But his game may just be hacked I don't know. None of us has a GS/AR.

Sounds to me like a fake. This always happens with Pokemon games. When they're released in Japan, and the ROM is dumped from the cartridge various communities and groups will try and hack the text of the game to translate it. Evidently, some are not so good at it as others are.

Pirates then sell these half-complete translations on eBay, after burning them to cheap, fake GB carts. Looks like your mate got duped. ;)

PKMN Professor Harry
12th February 2006, 4:28 PM
;munchlax; ;manyula;
Hi everybody! Once, I borrowed a Pokémon Crystal Version from a friend (who shall remain anonymous), and you know the Trainer House in Viridian City? You do? Oh good. Anyway, I went in, hoping for a good battle, when the lady said that my opponent's name was GREEN?GREEN?GREEN?GREEN?GREEN?GREEN? and so on millions of times! Anyway I just went in, and I sent out my trusty Lv. 66 Togetic;176;, but he sent out a Lv. 0 Primeape;057;!?!?!? What was going on? To make it even more annoying, the game froze up on me! The music kept going, but nothing was happening! If anyone else has experienced this, please say so!

(P. S.) Also, whenever I checked my mail on a PC, there were about 1,000,000 letters, all called GREEN?GREEN?GREEN?etc.!
(P. P. S.) Eventually this stopped happening for some reason. Shortly after that, the game stopped working altogether! There could be a curse!;355;

muckers
12th February 2006, 4:41 PM
Hmm...Sounds to me like the work of a fake cart.

Tell me, does the cart look like this?

http://www.mercadolibre.com.ec/org-img/preview/MEC/062005/1691696_9175.jpg

If not, it's a fake, that's probably been hacked.

If it does look like that, however, sounds like your friend's used a Gameshark or Action Replay.

Phreack
12th February 2006, 6:06 PM
GREEN?GREEN?GREEN? Wtf? That seems like a modified game or he did mystery gift with a game like my pal's crystal hehe

muckers
12th February 2006, 6:14 PM
Ah yes, that's a good point. Mystery Gift.

I asume that if you do Mystery Gift with a Japanese/fake/hacked version it'd probably mess up like that.

PKMN Professor Harry
13th February 2006, 7:20 PM
Muckers,
In response to your message of 4:41 PM yesterday, no, the cartridge did not look like that, it was Black, with no label. It was probably a forgery, but there you go. These things happen. (and by the way, I was a bit annoyed. I had swapped my Sonic Advance 2 for it!)
(P. S.) Phreack, I tried that pokémon personality test, and i am a Mew;151;!

(P. P. S.) Eventually I bought a new Crystal Version. It works fine. It looks real. I have a Meganium!;154;
(P. P. P. S.) Muckers, I like the Ash picture!

Incrediboy
13th February 2006, 8:14 PM
Theres this glitch in Crystal where you can make the hero wear blue clothes, it has something to do with starting two new games, one with the boy one with the girl and not saving properly.

Anyone know how to do it?

Narupix
13th February 2006, 9:30 PM
Is this what you are looking for :)

http://pokeglitch.tripod.com/id9.html

Just wondering has anyone tried any of these glitches yet?
Did the glitch made your game glitchy?And also I have another question.

If you do the duplication trick repeateadly will your game become more glitchy each time you do the trick? Because I was playing my silver and I have done that trick a couple of times and when I enter the pc it seems to be slower now than before when I enter it if I compare with my Crystal version. So I`m a bit scared to do the trick again now,if it becomes glitchier each time...I don`t want to destroy my game.

.::Crystal::.

Dunsparce
15th February 2006, 1:33 AM
That's not a glitch, I'm afraid. :)

When I first got my GBC I was reading the GBC's instruction book, and it says that holding A (or B, I think) and doing different directions on the D-Pad lets you play with different colours.

THAT was for the original GB games (Red, Green, Blue, and all those Gray Cartridges that most of the early GB/GBP were in)

Yellow introduced a color change that happened depending on the route or town you were in. And Gold and Silver have "full" color u_u

So Yellow, Gold, Silver, and all the Black GB/GBP cartriges are unaffected by that button combination :)

Obviopusly, all of the GBC games are unaffected, too.

muckers
15th February 2006, 10:23 AM
THAT was for the original GB games (Red, Green, Blue, and all those Gray Cartridges that most of the early GB/GBP were in)

Yellow introduced a color change that happened depending on the route or town you were in. And Gold and Silver have "full" color u_u

So Yellow, Gold, Silver, and all the Black GB/GBP cartriges are unaffected by that button combination :)

Obviopusly, all of the GBC games are unaffected, too.

I dunno, mabye cos it was compatible with original GameBoys as well? It wasn't colour only.

I'm not sure - I'm picking up Silver today, so I'll see if the same happens for me.

TheMusicMan
15th February 2006, 2:35 PM
Well, remember that you can't see color on an original GB.

Incrediboy
15th February 2006, 3:12 PM
Is this what you are looking for :)

http://pokeglitch.tripod.com/id9.html

Yeah, that's it! Thanks!

Incrediboy
17th February 2006, 2:07 PM
Where is the glitch that gets you all three starters? I can't find it. :/

muckers
17th February 2006, 2:27 PM
Try GameFAQs.com, lad.

EDIT:

Ok first you start a new game and right before you get the starter you gotta save. Choose the starter you want first and go all the way up to where you get pokeballs. Catch another pokemon and use the dupe trick on your starter. After you turn the power back on and continue the game you should be back before you chose the starter. Choose a different starter than what you just did. Keep going again until you get some more pokeballs (the first starter should still be in your box if you did the dupe trick right) catch another pokemon and do the dupe trick on the second starter. Now you should be back before you chose the starter again. Choose the third and final starter and the other two starters should still be in your box if you did the dupe trick right both times.

Incrediboy
17th February 2006, 2:51 PM
Try GameFAQs.com, lad.

EDIT:

Ok first you start a new game and right before you get the starter you gotta save. Choose the starter you want first and go all the way up to where you get pokeballs. Catch another pokemon and use the dupe trick on your starter. After you turn the power back on and continue the game you should be back before you chose the starter. Choose a different starter than what you just did. Keep going again until you get some more pokeballs (the first starter should still be in your box if you did the dupe trick right) catch another pokemon and do the dupe trick on the second starter. Now you should be back before you chose the starter again. Choose the third and final starter and the other two starters should still be in your box if you did the dupe trick right both times.Thanks for the help!

Cheese
20th February 2006, 9:58 PM
Once or twice, I would go to the Elite Four and beat my rival like usual, but at the end of the battle, the screen would look like this:

"A world with dreams and [glitch block] pokemon awaits! [glitch block] go! [somewhat garbled old man sprite] later//"

My game is, obviously, glitched to the max if it starts with the end words of Professor Elm and strange blue blocks.

Old man sprite? The conspiracy goes on... (I think the Old Man is the source of ALL things glitchy. He has too much to do with it all. O_o

Incrediboy
21st February 2006, 6:15 PM
I can't do the stupid starter glitch!

I do everything right, just like you said, but when I put the starter in the box, change the box, and turn it off while saving, the starter is never in the box when I come back to it.

I was told I should turn off the power as soon as it said "SAVING... DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER" and I do. I'm not doing it wrong. Why isn't it working?

Cheese
21st February 2006, 6:18 PM
Try to do it right when it ends the word "the". That's how my friend does it and it always works. ^_^

Hope it helps.

Alphonse Elric
25th February 2006, 9:18 AM
Well here's my Silver glitch:
I was walking to Celadon City and went inside the Pokemon Center. But it wasn't the inside of the center... it was Ilex Forest!!! And it was all PURPLE!!! I freaked out and tried to exit, but a strange block of numbers appeared. Then my screen blacked out.

This event made me buy Crystal instead. I never played Silver ever again.

Luxuria
25th February 2006, 11:02 PM
I'm not exactly sure if this is a glitch or not but I was connecting my Silver and Yellow and blue. Not all at the same time but you know what I mean.
After I finished, I checked my Mail Box for fun. All my mail was gone! I also had random items in my room too that I never had before.

Serebii93
25th February 2006, 11:05 PM
Well here's my Silver glitch:
I was walking to Celadon City and went inside the Pokemon Center. But it wasn't the inside of the center... it was Ilex Forest!!! And it was all PURPLE!!! I freaked out and tried to exit, but a strange block of numbers appeared. Then my screen blacked out.

This event made me buy Crystal instead. I never played Silver ever again.

If that's true, I still don't believe it. :D

Luxuria
25th February 2006, 11:39 PM
I kind of belive him/her. I had a weird glitch there too. I was in Celedon City and then all of a sudden as I was walking, the sprites started to run. It happened for a few seconds then stopped.

Serebii93
26th February 2006, 5:53 AM
I kind of belive him/her. I had a weird glitch there too. I was in Celedon City and then all of a sudden as I was walking, the sprites started to run. It happened for a few seconds then stopped.

P_S_B
26th February 2006, 6:59 AM
Once in Crystal, I tried to clone Raikou, but I forgot to save the game after catching Raikou. The Raikou cloned, but is still in the wild. In other words, I have a normal Raikou that I can battle with, Raikou has not been registered in the pokedex, and Raikou is still running the route's of Johto. ;243;

Serebii93
26th February 2006, 8:54 AM
Once in Crystal, I tried to clone Raikou, but I forgot to save the game after catching Raikou. The Raikou cloned, but is still in the wild. In other words, I have a normal Raikou that I can battle with, Raikou has not been registered in the pokedex, and Raikou is still running the route's of Johto. ;243;
Wow, that one is actually funny.

Luxuria
26th February 2006, 3:09 PM
If you don't want to SPAM up this topic, I don't believe it. :D

Once in Crystal, I tried to clone Raikou, but I forgot to save the game after catching Raikou. The Raikou cloned, but is still in the wild. In other words, I have a normal Raikou that I can battle with, Raikou has not been registered in the pokedex, and Raikou is still running the route's of Johto.
That sounds cool. I should try it with Suicune.
I already have Raikou.

Pokemon rocks
4th March 2006, 10:41 AM
You know that if you press on or hit your game cartridge on something it probably will freeze. Its happened to me a lot(annoying!!!).

The Almighty Wallyburger
5th March 2006, 7:11 PM
I bought a dodgy link cable in Tenerife. Every time I battled my friend, one gameboy would freeze and the other would have to fight a lvl 200 butterfree with its health bar disappearing off the edge of the screen.

Luxuria
5th March 2006, 10:09 PM
You know that if you press on or hit your game cartridge on something it probably will freeze. Its happened to me a lot(annoying!!!).
It's not really a glitch. That happens to me a lot.

Xtra
6th March 2006, 3:35 AM

And now, in the wilds of Johto, we have the largest battle of this or any other age...

RAIKOU vs. RAIKOU

Serebii93
6th March 2006, 7:09 PM
I bought a dodgy link cable in Tenerife. Every time I battled my friend, one gameboy would freeze and the other would have to fight a lvl 200 butterfree with its health bar disappearing off the edge of the screen.
:oHoly crap! That happens to you, too?! By golly, I didn't know that it happens to everyone! My Butterfree was a level 205! Woah!

The Almighty Wallyburger
8th March 2006, 10:40 PM
Does anyone know a glitch on G/S which makes daytime/nightime last only about 30 seconds. I activitated this a few years ago but I'm not sure how, all I know is that all of my actions were situated in New Bark Town.

Serebii93
8th March 2006, 11:30 PM
Does anyone know a glitch on G/S which makes daytime/nightime last only about 30 seconds. I activitated this a few years ago but I'm not sure how, all I know is that all of my actions were situated in New Bark Town.
Woah! That's really gitchy! I've never heard of it!

KamiKazi Games
12th March 2006, 11:18 AM
I saw a missingno in gold once..

Serebii93
12th March 2006, 9:30 PM
How do you get the Missing No. to appear again?

Luxuria
13th March 2006, 11:10 PM
How do you get the Missing No. to appear again?
You use a Game shark. That is all I'll tell you because if I told you anymore, it'd be breaking the rules. :<

Mega Trickster
14th March 2006, 1:23 AM
Hahaha. I've had hordes of weird stuff happen to me but Gold is the best XD

I got my Gold on the VERY FIRST DAY IT CAME OUT and it's cartridge is the normal gold color for Gold and it could link up with the rest of the games no problem and I got it at Target. Now that I squared all that away....

1. I was walking in some grass in Ilex Forest then a wild Pokemon appeared but it was a Nidoking that was female (huh?) that had the cry of Pikachu and it kept flashing colors like pink, blue, green, red and it's name was Lugia. All it used against me was tackle and since I'm suicidal I caught it and it said I caught Chansey and then it gave the data entry for Bulbasaur and then I checked my party and it was a normal oddish. I don't have it anymore though and it don't know what made that happen....

2. I was walking in Olvine Town and then the music got a bit freaky and I talked to someone and the game froze.

3. A text bar once popped up outta nowhere but I can't remember what it said.....

4. One time when I clicked on the Red Gyarados the game froze.

Weird huh? I wasn't really affected by any of this because as I said I'm suicidal so I'm fine seeing glitches like this.

Phreack
14th March 2006, 1:28 AM
Your game is messed up girl! Did you ever use a GS/AR??

Edit: Fixed :D

Mega Trickster
14th March 2006, 1:33 AM
Your game is messed up man! Did you ever use a GS/AR??

1. I'm a girl

2. Yeah I know it's messed up XD

YES - Own a GS, GB/GBC version ONLY

YES - I've used it on my Gold countless times

YES - I realize what effects these devices can have on your game

NO - I don't care I can buy another game

The thing is I've heard of people saying there was a badegg in GSC and if I think there was one, I woulda found it. Don't worry I've quit my cheating ways.....in fact I just cheated because I was bored.

Phreack
14th March 2006, 1:54 AM
That's weird I never heard about bad eggs in GSC :confused: but if I had a GS I would also abuse it to see it's side-effects "experimentally".

PS: (Note the "" in experimentally hehe)

Raichu-chan
18th March 2006, 6:09 PM
I'm not quite sure if this is a glitch or not, but....everytime I play my Gold version, the time is left off at the same time I saved it and turned it off.

Example: Right now it says the time is Friday 7:02 PM and in reality it's Saturday at 12:07 PM

I've had to use the time reset using my password several times already v.v Does anyone know if there is any way to fix this, so I won't have to reset the time everytime I play the game?

muckers
18th March 2006, 7:10 PM
Sounds as if the internal battery for the clock is a bit messed up.

Or it could be that your game is a fake...

But it sounds more likely to be the internal battery.

Moonlight.
22nd March 2006, 6:01 PM
My glitch was pretty weird. I was at the point of the game just after you beat Morty, and, since it was a Tuesday, felt like going back to National Park to do the Bug Catching contest. Strangely, there was a girl standing where Sudowoodo used to be.

At the time, I thought this was part of the game so I talked to her to see if she would move out of the way. Too my surprise, I was taken into battle, then suddenly: WILD SUDOWOODO APPEARED!

I was so freaked out that I switched my gameboy off immediately, and went back to find that she had gone.

Anyone else experienced something like this? I have no idea how it happened, and I haven't had any glitches like it since.

Shiny Heracross
22nd March 2006, 10:11 PM
I went to the haircut guy yesterday and he said that he only does one haicut a day and is done for today, but I haven't had him give any of my Pokemon a haircut in weeks! What's wrong?

kramgogo
23rd March 2006, 1:51 PM
So that's why my game got corrutpped!

P.S. I can't spell...:)

It's called "corrupted data", it happens when u turn of the gameboy when you are saving... thats one reason.

:025n172:

Moonlight.
24th March 2006, 6:03 PM
I went to the haircut guy yesterday and he said that he only does one haicut a day and is done for today, but I haven't had him give any of my Pokemon a haircut in weeks! What's wrong?

Check the time in-game. Your internal battery may have run out.

Milotic_Master
24th March 2006, 9:20 PM
if I trade for an egg from my german friend my game will call it a "ei" is this normal.

muckers
24th March 2006, 10:54 PM
You shouldn't do that, mate, since the languages of the games are different, hence names/text/locations etc. are all coded slightly differently.

It's normal, but I would advise against it - your save might get confused and messed up. :o

Serebii93
25th March 2006, 12:23 AM
Is it normal for my Battle Opponent an the Trainer House to be someone I battled and traded with already?

muckers
25th March 2006, 8:21 AM
Absolutely! That's one of the points of the trainer house. If you trade/battle/do mystery gift with someone, their details such as trainer name, pokemon (inc. levels and movesets) are saved to your game and you battle them in the trainer house.

So if you trade/battle/mystery gift with someone who has high level pokemon it's a great way to train. ^_^

mega mew
25th March 2006, 9:36 PM
well my gold got a glich when i traded gold with yellow and now every time i play gold i save and turn off , turn back on load and it says save file is corrupt what is the deal with that?

Mudkipchan
26th March 2006, 3:14 AM
You know the glich in Crystal where after a year... everything gets screwed? Does it appear in Gold and Silver, is it preventable?

Shiny Heracross
26th March 2006, 3:38 AM
You know the glich in Crystal where after a year... everything gets screwed? Does it appear in Gold and Silver, is it preventable?
Nothing has happened to me after 5 years of playing Gold and Silver, except my clock has stopped running unless I have the game on.

Mudkipchan
26th March 2006, 3:51 AM
No, I mean... anything strange happened, like.. the pokemon in your PC turned into different pokemon and got different items, different levels... different names? Not talking about the cloning glich.

The clock is run by a seperate battery in your game, the game runs by flash-based, but the clock runs by a battery.

MetalMario
26th March 2006, 4:18 AM
Nothing has happened to me after 5 years of playing Gold and Silver, except my clock has stopped running unless I have the game on.
Come on, people! What's wrong with your games? My Gold version's clock still runs, yet I got it in advance of the release date. (YTV promotion)

KamiKazi Games
27th March 2006, 3:18 AM
nothing's happened to my gold or crystal, and i've had them over 3 years each.

Shiny Heracross
27th March 2006, 4:11 AM
Come on, people! What's wrong with your games? My Gold version's clock still runs, yet I got it in advance of the release date. (YTV promotion)
Hmm...how many hours have you been playing it?

Iveechan
30th March 2006, 1:59 AM
Here's an odd one. This has happened to me twice before, once in Gold and once in Crystal. It seems that if you surf to the east instead of west after beating Morty (and therefore skipping Chuck and Jasmine's gyms), do the rocket thing and beat Pryce, you don't get a call from Professor Elm. Therefore, the rocket event at Goldenrod never occurs, and the game can't be beat. On Gold, all I did was go to Lake of Rage (didn't even do the red gyarados event) to catch a Girafarig and then do the other gyms in the normal way, but the call never appeared after beating Pryce. It's weird how the middle part of the game is so open, yet doing something out of order messes everything up.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm hoping I'm wrong, but this is very unusual.

Dark Butterfly
30th March 2006, 2:13 AM
My Pokémon Gold work perfectly along with Crystal but Silver messes up it wont even save ;(

Are there and glitches to get unlimited Poke Balls(Any kind from Poke to Friend Ball? or of any item?

GeorgeCollins
30th March 2006, 5:11 AM
Here's an odd one. This has happened to me twice before, once in Gold and once in Crystal. It seems that if you surf to the east instead of west after beating Morty (and therefore skipping Chuck and Jasmine's gyms), do the rocket thing and beat Pryce, you don't get a call from Professor Elm. Therefore, the rocket event at Goldenrod never occurs, and the game can't be beat. On Gold, all I did was go to Lake of Rage (didn't even do the red gyarados event) to catch a Girafarig and then do the other gyms in the normal way, but the call never appeared after beating Pryce. It's weird how the middle part of the game is so open, yet doing something out of order messes everything up.

Has anyone else tried this? I'm hoping I'm wrong, but this is very unusual.

I did that too to catch a Girafarig, but my game ran normal, I was playing Silver, but I woulndn't think that that would effect it.

*$hinydragonite*
30th March 2006, 11:58 PM
I was on Pkmn.net/Pkmn UK, and I found this

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8566816706458110366&q=pokemon&pl=true

That weird orange oddish/pikachu thing is really creepy

Mega Trickster
31st March 2006, 2:02 AM

I beat you to seeing that. And it is indeed odd. Not as odd as what I've done to poor Gold.

Serebii93
31st March 2006, 7:29 AM

That's creepy...whoever was playing probably crashed their game...

Luxuria
2nd April 2006, 3:02 PM
I remember this. :]
I should trade more often. ;)
Oh and was the music glitching up too? I could usually hear it changing. :/

Magma Grunt Alex
2nd April 2006, 7:08 PM
There was a glitch on Mt Crystal version when I was at mount Silver, and I saw a wild Egg! It was at level 54. I used a Pokeball without even attacking at and it cought. Then its pokedex was a Houndoom cut in half with symbols, letters and numbers in randome spots. Then my game froze.

XDCOMPLETE
4th April 2006, 10:07 PM
On my crystal I had a level 0 typhlosion by cloning and it knew zshciop

pharaohguy530
4th April 2006, 10:37 PM
Don't know how but this was the weirdest I have ever seen. I don't remeber who it was, but I talked to someone and the letters WERE BACKWARDS. After that I didn't see it again.

Adrexus
8th April 2006, 4:38 AM
i had this glitch happen to me on my silver when i was battling a vielplume with my gengar and used dream eater the hp bar kept going up after it went past 999 it went to zero and still kept going i eventually turned my game off after a while

squirrel boy
10th April 2006, 5:05 PM
I haven't had any glitches on my Crystal version and it's 6 years old!!!
new subject: (sorry) Is Neon City even a real cheat/glitch? and anybody a cheat/glitch fan?

Hyster-ia
10th April 2006, 6:01 PM
It doesn't excist, it's one of the cities shown in one of the episodes from the TV series. I think it was this (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/indigo/045.shtml) one. Included pictures of Neon City here (http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/indigo/045.shtml). :)