PDA

View Full Version : Sitting Psyduck (417)

Serebii
25th August 2005, 7:20 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/417.jpgSitting Psyduck

Enroute to Saffron City, Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer who's Psyduck has been attacked by a Machop, Machoke & Machamp. Psyduck is trying to return something to it's trainer but is being stopped by it's trainers fighting Pokémon. Will it get the item back to it's trainer and defend itself against the bullies?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/417.shtml)

Discuss

JazzJazz
25th August 2005, 8:34 PM
I'm predicting that this episode was little more than a lame filler, with the possibility that the psyduck showed some out-of-character strength towards the end in order to thwart either Team Rocket or the machop gang.

Blaziken master
25th August 2005, 9:42 PM
I can't wait to see what Machamp does,it seems to be getting more roles like machoke

Little_Munkki
26th August 2005, 4:46 AM
I thought the Psyduck in this ep was Misty's. That explains the bow around it's neck. Apparently this wasn't that great of an ep, because recently people post alot about an ep the day it's aired if the ep is really good...the very first BF ep for instance.

Geodude
26th August 2005, 5:25 AM
That's not the reason people haven't been posting yet. It's because lately it's taking longer for people to get the episodes than usual.

Geki
26th August 2005, 3:20 PM
I thought the Psyduck in this ep was Misty's. That explains the bow around it's neck. Apparently this wasn't that great of an ep, because recently people post alot about an ep the day it's aired if the ep is really good...the very first BF ep for instance.

Or it could be that the episode just aired yesterday and no one has any epi pics or guides yet, so it's hard to tell if the episode was good or not.

greatfire
26th August 2005, 9:26 PM
This episode is a lame filler.
A brief summary: The psyduck is depressed because its trainer (a young girl) doesn't use it for battles. The machop, machoke and machamp also belong to that girl (or her family) and were sent to retrieve the psyduck.
In the end the girl use it in a battle against Team Rocket and Psyduck is happy again.

Sushi
26th August 2005, 9:56 PM
This episode was crazy, but in a good way ^^
The animation was pretty good, only the Pokémon looked a bit off sometimes. The music was awesome. More awesome than usual that is. They used the Regi music when the Machop, Machoke, Machamp trio appeared in front of the gang and a remix of Smile that sounded quite pretty.

The Psyduck somehow reminded me of Madam Muchmoney's Snubbull. It was spoilt too much and quite unhappy with the circumstances. Only difference is, it's much cuter and less bothering than Snubbull in my opinion.

Azumi was a bit annoying, saying "Mai Suwiito Hannii Kodakku-chan!" over and over. If I had a trainer like that, I'd probably bunk, but whatever.

Phanpy battled twice, once against the Machop and Co. and once against May's Squirtle. It also helped a bit fighting against Team Rocket. Plus, it was often playing with that Psyduck, so it had much screentime today.

Team Rocket was crazy today. First, Meowth's boss fantasy was hilarious. Psyduck as something like medicine. Yanno, it alleviated pain and so on. Freaky. And there always was a creepy voice in the background saying the same thing for each scene (there were three, first one had Giovanni hitting his finger with a hammer, in the second one he hit his toe on his desk and in the third one he had a headache while eating ice-cream). Bwah, I'm so bad at explaining XD
I also liked how they tricked the twerps. Turning the lawn into a Pinball "field" and letting them bounce off in all directions looked pretty funny.

I actually thought this episode was much more enjoyable than the Arcanine one but that's probably just me O.o

Waveblaster
26th August 2005, 10:07 PM
Seems kinda boring if you ask me...I myself am sick and tired of Wanriki and its evolved forms. Especially Goriki who has had its share of screentime and more.

Team Rocket Admin
26th August 2005, 10:49 PM
Did they ever mention Misty's Psyduck? Or were there signs of them remembering?

JazzJazz
26th August 2005, 10:56 PM
Phanpy battled twice, once against the Machop and Co. and once against May's Squirtle. It also helped a bit fighting against Team Rocket. Plus, it was often playing with that Psyduck, so it had much screentime today.

Quiet, not too loud. Too much talk like that and people will start to go nuts about a possible evolution for the little guy.

Seriously though, it's good to hear that phanpy is getting a bit more exposure now... I guess it's required to make up for the neglect (from the writers, not Ash) it suffered in Johto.

V Faction
26th August 2005, 11:26 PM
Oi. The biggest enoyable part about the episode was, surprisingly enough, the Giovanni fantasy. Just for the simple reason that it's Psyduck curing Gio MAGICALLY from all his aches and giving him that goofy look at the same time.

The rest was blah... It feels like they're trying to recapture the spirit of Kanto in the first season, but only half succeeding. If I was watching this back in the day as a noble and naive youth, then was commenting about it up to this point on these boards, I'd probably have more respect for it. But I don't. We've seen Psyduck. We've seen the Machop trio (rarely altogether like this, so it was a special treat).

I swear though, Phanpy must have a "Make Friends with every Damn Pokemon you see" personality. Either that or the writers are just unimaginative. Say, how's about we have it in an important battle or two?! That could work (providing we actually GET to a plot-engulfed area soon, uggh).

I haven't looked at the next episode's thread, so I'm crossing my fingers for that.

Sushi
26th August 2005, 11:55 PM
Quiet, not too loud. Too much talk like that and people will start to go nuts about a possible evolution for the little guy.

Seriously though, it's good to hear that phanpy is getting a bit more exposure now... I guess it's required to make up for the neglect (from the writers, not Ash) it suffered in Johto.

It's their fault if they jump into conclusions, I couldn't care less about that.
The reason I mentioned it was that, as you said, it's a pleasant surprise :)

Team Rocket Admin, no, they didn't mention Misty's Psyduck. I don't see why they should either, since it's not a terribly rare Pokémon =)

The Big Al
27th August 2005, 12:21 AM
Another cookie cutter flller complete with one of the strangest Gio daydreams yet. Team Bagwork was funny though.

This is another epiode that doesn't stand out too much. Even with the human pinball scene. Psyduck who has been shown enough times for people to know it on sight is the guest star. Is it just me, or is Phanpy making up fr lost time in being the center of the episodes now.

Geki
27th August 2005, 12:31 AM
I didn't like this episode that much, it was pretty boring. At least Ash got some training in with Phanpy though, it needs it since it was with Oak for a long time. I'm hoping next week's episode will be better. This episode also reminded me of ''Snubbull Snobbery'' a lot.

4/10

.Bambi.
27th August 2005, 12:40 AM
Herrrmmm...why hasn't anyone said anything about the CHIMECHO Balloon?

That's the second time we've seen it in just a few episodes. Anyone thinking TR is maybe going to take down Ol' Meowthy? God knows how many times they've had to mend the damn thing :p And the Chimecho Balloon is so CUTE ^0^!

Anywhays, haven't seen the episode yet, so I only have pictures to work with. Looks pretty decent though. The Psyduck in this epi is unbelievably cute at times. Something [IMO] we've never seen in Misty's Psyduck...I guess it was too busy being dumb to be cute.

Charmander rulz
27th August 2005, 12:46 AM
what a filler

JazzJazz
27th August 2005, 4:17 AM
Herrrmmm...why hasn't anyone said anything about the CHIMECHO Balloon?

That's the second time we've seen it in just a few episodes. Anyone thinking TR is maybe going to take down Ol' Meowthy? God knows how many times they've had to mend the damn thing :p And the Chimecho Balloon is so CUTE ^0^!

Haven't we seen them in a wobbuffet balloon a couple of times as well? I'm sure that we'll see them revert to the old meowth number as they have before.

Thriller
27th August 2005, 4:33 AM
Saw Pics time for comments

-Okay What was this girl doing with a Machop, Machoke and a Machamp? Thats like with Misty and her Star's which is why they shel'ved one of them. But meh, this was just a filler character that was written off the same moment she was thought of.

-Psyduck and Phanpy somewhere in page 3 (in SPP pics) is so adorable. They were hugging and everything.

-On the topic of it I was amazed at the screentime Phanpy had, it was even joining the gang in a meal. I sure wish they'd do things like that more often, I mean, do the Pokemon HAVE to be in the Pokeballs all the time? *Looks at Pikachu*

-The more I see these retarded "Boss Dreams" Meowth has, the more I want to give him a Cat scan (no pun intended). Whats next? The Boss has insomnia and he eats a Mushroom off a Paras TR stole for hm, knocking him out?

Overall-Ok, better then what I thought it would be.

Geodude
27th August 2005, 5:49 AM
-Okay What was this girl doing with a Machop, Machoke and a Machamp? Thats like with Misty and her Star's which is why they shel'ved one of them. But meh, this was just a filler character that was written off the same moment she was thought of.
She's quite rich, and I'm guessing those Fighters were given to her, probably by her parents. (Someone who knows more Japanese will have to confirm/clarify this.) In any case, she certainly didn't work with them since they were all young Machop, as most trainers would, because she was very distant with her Pokemon, which is what the Psyduck in this ep had a problem with. She knew what attacks they could use and was capable of using them in battle, she just rarely/never was actually there with them. She had to be taught how to work and play directly with her Pokemon, and learned how much joy that could bring to both of them. I liked how Max helped her along with suggesting attacks and stuff.

I was also impressed that Phanpy bravely stood up to that Machop/choke/champ, all at once.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
27th August 2005, 6:38 AM
Well that was a pretty boring episode if you ask me. I onl enjoyed the Giovanni fantasy part. The poor Psyduck didn't even evolve at the end from that battle, but then it would lose it's cuteness.

Iveechan
27th August 2005, 6:48 AM
God dammit... just when I looked at the anime pics, there's OMG, BADGUY MACHOP FAMILY. It makes me mad how they always make these Pokemon bullies. Argh. I'm too mad to continue looking them over. Friggin' anime.

Geodude
27th August 2005, 7:27 AM
They're not the bad guys in this ep, they were merely trying to get the escaped Psyduck back to their trainer.

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th August 2005, 6:13 PM
Didn't Phanpy battle a Machoke in the first Sneasel episode?

Anyway,I thought this episode looks funny. When James went down the hill, it reminded me of the Clark Griswald scene in Christmas Vacation

James: Don't try this at home kids, I AM a professional! XD

Blaziken master
27th August 2005, 8:59 PM
I actually liked this episode its better than I thought it was.I liked how at the start, the macho line are shown to be evil with red eyes.I also liked the scene where cacnea stepped up to the girl and her psyduck.Another thing I liked was there was a small rapidash cameo.If they are going have lots of filler,make it about underused pokemon like rapidash,cloyster and dare I say it....Dunsparce!!{Hides behind tree}

TeddiUrsa
27th August 2005, 10:55 PM
I liked this episode. I t was a nice, cute and funny episode which is enoug for me to like it. Meowth´s fantasies are getting better everytime they start XD The "commercial guy"-voice in meowth´s fantasy was just great ^^
You could say that this episode was a better version of the jotho snubble-one.

and, Iveechan. I thought you would find the scene in which the machoke-line are kneeling in a line in front of their trainer cute..they weren´t bullies in this episode.

Oh, and...I like this psyduck better than kasumi´s.

Little_Munkki
28th August 2005, 8:52 AM
I liked this episode. I t was a nice, cute and funny episode which is enoug for me to like it. Meowth´s fantasies are getting better everytime they start XD The "commercial guy"-voice in meowth´s fantasy was just great ^^
You could say that this episode was a better version of the jotho snubble-one.

and, Iveechan. I thought you would find the scene in which the machoke-line are kneeling in a line in front of their trainer cute..they weren´t bullies in this episode.

Oh, and...I like this psyduck better than kasumi´s.

I thought all Psyducks in general were like Misty's. I like this one better, too, because it's not friggin' retarded as Misty's Psyduck is.

Edit: Just saw the rest of the ep pictures. Meowth's fantasy and the human pinball scenes were the best out of the whole ep. But I've noticed,except for in urban locations, characters use things like old-style-looking limos, or, like in this ep, Rapidash-drawn carriages alot instead of more modern forms of transportation. I find that a bit odd considering everything else in the series is up-to-date or hi-tech SOTA

Awesome fan-art and fan-fiction, Iveechan. Is Hitmonchan your fav pokemon? You used it a bunch in the pokemon & trainer section...

MachopGirl
28th August 2005, 10:24 PM
About time stereotypes are broken.

I think it's about time a female trainer gets a Machop in the anime not to mention seeing the evo line not being portrayed as bad guys and such. I am sick of seeing them like that. Also it's a treat for me to see them together like this. :D

And also I am glad the Psyduck isn't portrayed as retarded (like Misty's).

Geodude
28th August 2005, 10:47 PM
About time stereotypes are broken.

I think it's about time a female trainer gets a Machop in the anime
Shinobu/Shauna could've easily had a Machop. Maybe she did all along, or maybe she does by now.

Yamato-san
9th September 2005, 12:23 AM
I'll agree that Sweet Honey Koduck-chan was a helluva lot cuter than Kasumi's Koduck, however, I think it wins the award for cheapest Rocket battle of all ti.... nah, too far.... cheapest Rocket battle in AG.

Sure, it's good that Masato was telling Adzumi what orders to give, so it wasn't exactly as bad as most other trainers we've seen who never battled before in their lives and still do good against Rocket Dan. However... those who have the video, I suggest you check this out for yourselves (still screens aren't gonna get the same results, obviously).... at one point, Habunake is ordered to use Poison Tail, but rather than simply slam its tail on the ground like most times, Habunake is frantically whipping it all over the place. Koduck, as typical of most protagonists in a Rocket battle, dodges. However, do you wanna hear how it dodges? It waddles IN A FRIGGIN STRAIGHT LINE! Well, not exactly straight as it turned right about halfway in, but it was still going straight for most of it. Come the f*** on, Habunake isn't so bad that it could be moving very rapidly and still able to miss that easy of a target. And Koduck has absolutely no experience with battling, so I ask you, where the hell did that thing get Hydro Pump? Regarded as one of the most powerful water-type techniques in the anime and therefor difficult to acquire. Satoshi's Lapras didn't have it, Satoshi's Waninoko didn't have it, pretty much all of Kasumi's Pokemon didn't have it, and it took Satoshi's Zenigame until half way into the Orange Islands to learn it. So again, I ask, where the hell did that Koduck's Hydro Pump come from? For that matter, Adzumi never battled with her Koduck before, so how does she even know what techniques it could use in the first place.

Yeah, these filler characters who never used to appreciate using their Pokemon for battle are the ones which annoy me the most, because they just end up becoming so cheap in the end and degrading poor Rocket Dan even further than they already are. Though, I will give Adzumi and Sweet Honey Koduck-chan some credit for being rather cute characters overall, but that cheap win against Rocket Dan sickens me too much to care.

Geki
27th May 2006, 4:28 PM
It wasn't that good of a filler. It had some cool parts, I liked the part when James sarcastically said ''You don't like hanging from a tree like a Metapod?'', I also liked when Ash and the gang were being controlled by TR and being thrown around in those little bumper car things, it reminds me of Kirby Air Ride. But I didn't like how they never mentioned Misty having a Psyduck...

6/10

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th May 2006, 4:31 PM
I heard some new dub music, at the beginning, and at the Grass Slides and Pinball scenes, pretty good too.

Misty's Psyduck must've been special ED, cause this one was alot better at battling.

The James sliding down the hill scene reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...

The Big Al
27th May 2006, 5:06 PM
Is it just me or did Psyduck's move set sound ALOT like the move sets on rental Pokemon from Stadium.

S.Suikun
27th May 2006, 8:07 PM
Yawn. This is like the fourth time they've named a girl Emily. Kinda like how there's been about five girls named Mary. Since her original name was Adumi, I thought Adeline would have been a sweet dub name. Get more original, 4Kids (in the 5 episodes you still can, heh).

But like I said, yawn. I know people like to rag on the Butterfree ep for being sacrificial for a lenghtened Hoenn League, but personally, I think this one is more boring. I like how the Machop line was repeatedly referred to as the Superpower Pokemon, but otherwise...

Bay
27th May 2006, 8:17 PM
I liked the episode. It was pretty good. My favorite parts were when James keep challenging Meowth while he was explaining one of his boss fantasy dreams. James should challenge Meowth on his boss dreams more often!

I also liked the pinball part. Weirdly enough, it reminds me how I used to play a lot of that space pinball thingy in my computer a lot because I would try to get a higher score then my sister. (She's a much better player then me).

munchlaxboy
27th May 2006, 9:43 PM
this episode was pretty good. Funny when James kept saying ,"I don't get it," to Meoth's fantasy ideas. it was also funny when James went "sledding" down the hill. But it was weird how Meowth actually wanted to fight...
For a filler: 9/10

Judai Yuki
28th May 2006, 2:13 PM
Meowth's boss idea's got me laughing.

CyberCubed
28th May 2006, 6:16 PM
Wow, goes to show you I should never pass off episodes without seeing them myself. With all the bad flak toward this episode I thought I wasn't missing anything, but it was pretty good. I enjoyed it more than the Kingdom of Onix and the Jigglypuff one.

I am extremely partial to Machamp, so seeing the whole line battle was extremely cool. The emphasis on Phanpy was great as well, it really hasn't done much training since it was back on Ash's team. I also liked the practice battle it had with May and Squirtle.

The pinball stuff was amusing, and the most far out Boss fantasies ever.

One of the best parts of the episode was Max telling Emily how to attack. It shows that Max watching Ash and May battle all this time wasn't for nothing, and he's picked up many battle strategies himself. Good character development for Max.

Yeah, this episode was kind of a re-thread of the "rich girl pampers Pokemon" storyline, but all the side stuff was really good.

I have no idea why people hate this episode, it's your standard good filler with some character development for Max and Phanpy.

Kamex
28th May 2006, 9:36 PM
This episode was okay. Cool seeing Psyduck, and the way it started the episode off being chased (at first seeming a bit random) was hilarious.

Of course, this episode was VERY similar to Snubble Snobbery, where a rich girl keeps her little Pokemon inside all the time with her riches instead of letting it play outside, and then she learn to battle with it. They even had Brock be the first to slowly realize what was wrong. :/

7/10.

Faerie
29th May 2006, 12:03 AM
Eh, pretty good episode, although it screamed filler. The dub title didn't really make sense. It wasn't exactly a sitting "Psyduck" (ahem) and it seemed quite capable of getting away from the Riki family. For a while. But Kodakku's Depression works much better for me. Happy.

It was nice to have another "moral" episode instead of one of those Satoshi-tachi-hepls-some-nice-person-do-something-and-Roketto-dan-interrupts-and-Pikachuu-blasts-them-off-and-they-live-happily-ever-after-or-something-like-that ones that get really old really fast. My only complaint was that it was too much of a filler after too many fillers. AND there are more on the way (although Nyuura and Bariyaado! Which Restaraunt?! does look fun).

I liked how Wanriki, Goriki and Kairiki changed from the villains to the sort of good guys through the episode. It was an interesting plot twist, and although they've pulled it several times throughout AG it still was a bit different this time. And I personally never get tired of the spoiled-rich-kid thing even though it was a bit like Buruu's Magnificent Life.

*sigh* Just once I'd like to seen an episode without any amazing adventures or battles.

EDIT: Hooray for my 700th post!

Judai Yuki
29th May 2006, 12:09 AM
I'd give it an 8/10 too bad we have more fillers though and new no more new ones. <<

Yamato-san
29th May 2006, 2:39 AM
I have no idea why people hate this episode, it's your standard good filler with some character development for Max and Phanpy.

I'll show you what I have against this episode.

[IMG]....um..... could someone make an animated gif of that Poison Tail part, pretty please? I don't know how to make them, myself.

The Big Al
29th May 2006, 3:47 AM
Oh, the part were Psyduck doesn't some Matrix style moves to avoid the rapid fire poison tail? Yeah, how could a Pokemon that's never battled do that? Unless there's something to Psyduck we don't know.

WaterDragon trainer
29th May 2006, 4:26 AM
This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see the Defense Curl+Rollout combo. Psyduck was awesome and so was the TC. THe part with James testing the sled and the Boss fantasies were all hilarious.

HoennMaster
29th May 2006, 5:20 AM
I must say I found this episode to be extremely boring. Truely a filler

Geodude
29th May 2006, 1:36 PM
So again, I ask, where the hell did that Koduck's Hydro Pump come from? For that matter, Adzumi never battled with her Koduck before, so how does she even know what techniques it could use in the first place.
She's rich. The Psyduck was probably specially bred by one of the world's top breeders, or something like that. :p

-Nice leadup to Phanpy's evolution, it got a lot of training/battling in.

-Loved the scene where Cacnea was all "bring it on!" to Psyduck. The Boss fantasies and the sledding/pinball scenes were great too.

-Character development for Max, shows he's picked up a lot from watching Ash and May battle.

Korobooshi Kojiro
29th May 2006, 1:38 PM
Geodude, uh Spoiler Tag?

Glad too see the Machop family in a good light for once, as well.

Twilit Dragoon
29th May 2006, 1:41 PM
I actually thought the episode was pretty good. It seemed like it was a filler tho.

Faerie
29th May 2006, 6:37 PM
-Loved the scene where Cacnea was all "bring it on!" to Psyduck. The Boss fantasies and the sledding/pinball scenes were great too.Oh, right! I almost forgot about the Sabonea scene. That had to be one of the best scenes in the episode. All of the ones you listed, actually.

TotodileCharizard
30th May 2006, 1:16 AM
Hmmm I wasn't too crazy about it, but I liked the episode! I loved the sled part. Then the Defense Curl+Rollout Combo was pretty neat. Espically Grovyle at the end! Like omigosh! :D Yeah, it was pretty cool episode 8.2/10

Medea
31st May 2006, 12:27 AM
HOLY CRAP! I forgot to review this episode (I was in California and didn't see the episode until yesterday).

So anyways...

Boy, no mention of Misty and her Psyduck. Well isn't that just a kick in the butt for us Misty fans. (I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT FROM YOU DAMN MISTY BASHERS) But once again, we are witnessing a Psyduck that isn't a special ed (like Misty's). But other than that, this episode just reminded me so much of Snubble Snobbery (in which case I actually liked that episode) but this episode, not so much.

So meh!

wobbanut
3rd June 2006, 3:38 PM
I've been too lazy this week to watch an episode with my one-time top favorite pokemon (before Wobbuffet came along) till last night. I'm pathetic. :p

Anyway, I thought this was a nice diversion of an episode. Yes, it's a retread of "Snubbull (or Snubble, as it was originally spelled) Snobbery", but I liked that at least this time around it took a single episode for the rich gal to turn around. Not that Madam Muchmoney's second episode wasn't entertaining, but at least this gal caught on a lot quicker. I'm glad the chances of this girl appearing again are slim, because she has such an annoying voice. She sounds like Rudy's sister. :p

Of course, the primary reason I wanted to watch this episode was Psyduck. :D It may not be Misty's Psyduck (who I miss 10 times more than Misty herself), but it's still adorable. At least it was a pretty good fighter too. Seeing Meowth and Psyduck duke it out with fury swipes was fun to watch.

This episode also had quite a lot of little moments I liked: the Meowth/Psyduck fight, Ash's "Whoa", the Chimecho balloon :D , the anti-boss fantasies, "Casual Friday", Cacnea's "come and get it" to Psyduck, James telling Cacnea to choke the machoke, etc. The retread plotline did bring it down a bit, but it was still a fun episode.

Overall, 7/10. Now bring on the Chronicles so I can see more of Psyduck!!!

Ashy Boy
30th June 2006, 10:42 AM
Great filler episode, but I don't like the VA who did Emily. Who was she?

Judai Yuki
7th July 2006, 5:19 PM
Boss Fantasy was the best in the season.

Pokemonger49777
5th November 2006, 4:44 PM
They always have to make so many annoying filler episodes between the hero character and the objective.

Battra
7th December 2006, 12:04 AM
A good episode, it's nice seeing another Psyduck other than Misty's. Emily was very pretty and her outfit very cute i'd love to see how Misty and May would look in it.

Pacman
7th December 2006, 5:26 PM
A OK episode. Didn't like it that much. Psyduck was annoying.

Charizard Champion#06
8th December 2006, 9:40 PM
I'm watching it right now. Machop sounds like it's on Helium lol.

Max: All three stages of Superpower Pokemon!

Wow, that kid's a nerd.

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 11:39 AM
Pretty lame filler to me. But I guess I felt sorry for that little Psyduck getting bullied by all those fighting Pokemon. Oh well.

(s.i.e)
28th January 2009, 4:20 PM
that the psyduck was being bullied by the fighting types was kinda sad t see, it was a good episode, 8/10.

Rommath
13th February 2009, 8:44 PM
Rather boring I felt. A pampered Psyduck who wants to battle? Phanphy's battling was good, and Team Rocket "pinball route" course but apart from that I just found it to be another filler.

Littlemyuu
27th April 2009, 4:44 PM
Nice episode...Psyduck is my favorite Pokemon :)

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 5:08 PM
Poor Psyduck. it can't go out from his home....

and I loved to see Ash's Phanpy getting some screentime.

6/10

Lorde
8th January 2010, 7:33 AM
That Psyduck wasn't as annoying as Misty's, but the fact that it was bullied by those other Pokemon made everything worse somehow. At least Misty's Psyduck was tough when it wanted to be. This episode was kinda boring, even for a Filler. Felt almost like Johto all over again since the episode didn't advance the plot of the saga at all. At least Phanpy got some quality battling in this episode though, that's something to write about. 3/10.

Caseydia
25th April 2011, 12:21 AM
Emily is another girl who I like to pair Ash with. So if a psychic Pokemon isn't good enough, will they always get put down like that? I mean, if I look back at Psyduck not being able to swim, will the water Pokemon reject it? I don't think psyduck are as useless as the anime makes them. In the game they're fine.

G50
25th April 2011, 3:30 PM
This episode was ok... It was rough seeing the girl not using Psyduck for battles, even though Psyduck really wanted to. It was cool to see Machop, Machoke, and Machamp altogether, odd how they are also the girl's Pokemon. Meowth had a very bizarre Boss fantasy. It was great to see the girl finally battle with Psyduck.

20/100

Blessed
17th March 2012, 4:26 AM
OMG this psyduck reminded me of Misty's except it didn't always have it's hands on his head LOL. Wasn't the best filler episode but there were some rehash's such as the grass sliding which Ash already did in the 3rd japanese opening, and the whole rich girl thing with a pokemon who doesn't quite enjoy that life aka the Snubbull from Madam Muchmoney.

Faker500
3rd April 2012, 2:57 AM
Why couldn't Misty's Psyduck be like this? Hands down from the side of it's head, a personality and can actually battle without beating it's head in.

Bulba the Great!
13th May 2012, 9:46 AM
The boss fantasy was awesomely terrible. James' line was perfect - "Why isn't he wearing shoes at work?"

And the fact that the Psyduck has supposedly never battled before yet knows Focus Punch, Hydro Pump and Confusion has me worried.

Vernikova
29th August 2012, 8:53 PM
One of the few interesting boss fantasies in the series. Other than that, nothing notable happens here. Though I was amused by how Ash claimed that it was unfair to have a 3-1 battle and then sends Phanpy out alone to fight three Pokemon.

Dawn+Serena Fan
26th June 2013, 9:16 PM
It was a pretty boring filler imo. Team Rocket really seemed to be irritating me in this episode, especially with all the Meowth boss fantasies.

Painkiller2001
13th November 2014, 5:28 AM
Nice to see a Psyduck that isn't just flat out dumb like Misty's was.
This episode reminded me of that one Johto episode "Snubbull Snobbery".

Lorde
4th December 2014, 12:00 AM
I screamed when Machop, Machoke and Machamp cornered the Psyduck. Seeing Team Rocket spying in their bagworm disguises was hilarious and I thought Meowth's justification for going after the Psyduck was lame tbh. The little carnival that they set up was fun though, especially the sled ride down the grassy hill. Psyduck beating TR was at least cool.