PDA

View Full Version : The Official CELEBI Thread

Pages : [1] 2

grem
2nd September 2005, 5:57 PM
Contrary to popular belief, you CANNOT get Celebi in the games, so stop going on about it.

We do not want or need topics saying "omg i know how to get Celebi" or "omg how do you get celebi?!?!" so please stop it.

The only way to obtain Celebi in a Gold, Silver or Crystal game pack is if you have the Japanese version, and it is done through Kurt and the GS Ball.

The only LEGIT way to get it in the English versions is if you got it from a Nintendo Event. This event was much like the current ones where rare Pokémon are given away. They don't do this for older games anymore. :/.

The other way is via Gameshark/Action Replay, which is bad, children :( so don't use them. They can glitch up your game and they're evil and stuff.

The "bad egg" glitch can also be used to get a Celebi, but it also risks glitching up your game. Please refer to the Official Glitch Thread (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=81552) for more information.

This topic is being Sticked for future reference, reply if you feel more should be added.

peace out

~grem

edited.
~Psychic

Ninjit
5th September 2005, 7:24 AM
Also, there is a more complication to that too, to get the GS Ball, you need to first have a Japanese Version of Crystal, and cellphone adapter thingy, and well, that is also hard to get, as it stopped production nearly right after Crystal was launched.
Anyway, Go to goldenrod, then the PC, and do some other stuff, it's complicated when you've only heard of it, but yeah.
Edit: Actually, that's the only way :P

Loxam
5th September 2005, 5:17 PM
I have managed to secure a cellphone adapter * i think *, does it actually need to be hooked up to a phone to notice it, or can it pick it up if its just attached to the GB - i.e. allowing you to access the GS ball.

shadowlink
5th September 2005, 6:28 PM
You got the adapter? Kewl. Now, you need a japanese Crystal and then trade it over to the english one.

poke_girl
5th September 2005, 6:36 PM
You also need to go to Japan... but oh, I don't think what ever the line you had to call is up any more ^^;

Loxam
5th September 2005, 7:56 PM
Getting the Japanese Crystal isn't a problem, although im still concerned about what you do with the adapter once it arrives :)

I am going Japan in a few years to live there for around 3 on a course, so if it comes to it I can get it when im there.

Do you actually have to ring a number or anything? Ive read a few places that it picks up the device is attached, and then the game itself activates the GS ball thing.

If anyone knows anymore on this please post.

Loxam
6th September 2005, 9:34 AM
The only information on how-to use this adapter I can find on the net is this, and presuming from this you just need the device attached...

Celebi (Japanese version):

Note: This trick requires the mobile adapter for your cell phone which is available only in Japan. Go to the Communication Center (Pokemon Center) in Goldenrod City, and read the message on the lockers to the right of the room. They will talk about a present from the future. Leave and the blue-haired nurse will ask you to defeat all sixteen gyms in order to obtain the GS Ball. Once you have done so, give the GS Ball to Kurt. The next day, he will give it back. Put it in the shrine in the Ilex forest and a level 30 Serebii (Celebi) will attack you.

Loxam
6th September 2005, 9:38 AM
Celebi (JAPANESE VERSION ONLY): In the Japanese version of Crystal, after defeating all 16 Gym Leaders, you will get a GS Ball after pluggin in the Mobile Adapter and activating the Communication Center in the Pokemon Center in Goldenrod City.

This sounds promising to me! Looks like its an activation thing, that picks up you have the device connected and then unlocks the secret.

God i hopes so, although I may have to find a crap old japanese phone or something to get it working ;)

Rui Gomes
8th September 2005, 11:53 AM
contrary to belief you CANNOT get Celebi in the game.. so stop going on about it

we do not need topics saying "omg iknow how to get Celebi" or "omg how do you get celebi"

the only way to obtain Celebi in a Gold, Silver or Crystal game pack is if you have the Japanese versions of said games, and it is done via Kurt and the GS Ball

there is one more way, but that is via a GAMESHARK or ACTION REPLAY which is bad children :( so dont use them..

this topic is being sticked for future reference, reply if you feel more should be added

peace out

~grem
Well, I found a Celebi in my old Silver Game once. Level 11, in Goldenrod. But that was a glitch (game froze after some days). But a friend of mine was able to get a normal Celebi, level 30. Don't ask me how. But, thanks to him, I have Celebi (and it's not that good).

TyraniRay
8th September 2005, 12:04 PM
There was a Nintendo event some years ago at Fountain Gate, a shopping centre, in the southeast suburbs of Melboune. Needless to say, I have a Celebi on my Gold. Oh, and Celebi RULES!

Rui Gomes
8th September 2005, 12:19 PM
There was a Nintendo event some years ago at Fountain Gate, a shopping centre, in the southeast suburbs of Melboune. Needless to say, I have a Celebi on my Gold. Oh, and Celebi RULES!
What's so good about Celebi? There are many stronger Pokémon, and easier to get too. I thought it would be amazing, but after getting it, I got really disapointed. Mew owns Celebi (almost same Stats, less weaknesses, can learn any TM or HM), and you can easily get it in R/B/Y.

TyraniRay
8th September 2005, 1:11 PM
Yet Mew is not allowed in most places on Netbattle and Celebi is. Mew may be able to learn all those moves but how many of them are actually used? Not too many. Have you ever used Double Team, or Waterfall, Rock Smash, Flash, Reflect, Light Screen, Toxic, Hail, Sandstorm, Overheat, the list goes on. It's stats ARE the same. Celebi also has more resistances. Water and Electric are my favourite two. And some people don't like to use glitches. Celebi can learn Baton Pass as well (not the best at it though, just more likely to pull it off).

Raiden
8th September 2005, 1:23 PM
Yet Mew is not allowed in most places on Netbattle and Celebi is. Mew may be able to learn all those moves but how many of them are actually used? Not too many. Have you ever used Double Team, or Waterfall, Rock Smash, Flash, Reflect, Light Screen, Toxic, Hail, Sandstorm, Overheat, the list goes on. It's stats ARE the same. Celebi also has more resistances. Water and Electric are my favourite two. And some people don't like to use glitches. Celebi can learn Baton Pass as well (not the best at it though, just more likely to pull it off).

>_> Celebi has more weaknesses as well. 7 in fact: Fire, Bug (x4), Dark, Ice, Ghost, Flying, Poison. That's A LOT.

None the less, Celebi is still cooler than Mew.

Poke Freak
8th September 2005, 1:28 PM
Also you are forgetting that Celebi learns the nice moves Leech Seed and Heal Bell and Mew doesn't. Celebi can also learn Baton Pass, Future Sight and Perish Song and Mew can't, but meh, I really prefer the first two moves I mentioned.

The weakness thing well, I was never all to fond of the grass type. It's still cool though.

Rui Gomes
8th September 2005, 1:32 PM
Well, of course: I CAN'T use them all. But Celebi can't do it too. And Celebi can learn "useless" (for battle) moves too: Cut, Flash, Rock Smash... Have you ever used these for a serious battle? Celebi can learn them too. And you're right, some people don't like to battle with Pokémon that they got trough glitches (like Mew). But tell me, how are you suppose to get Celebi? I suppose, a GLITCH. That's how I got my first Celebi. And I'm sure my friend got his Celebi trough a glitch too.

shadowlink
8th September 2005, 11:53 PM
Celebi=Mew, imo. Celebi is for the more advanced players and mew isn't. Mew is damn easy to use and celebi can die fast in the wrong hands and help (by BPing and such) sweep teams away in the right hands. You see, Celebi is for advanced players, because you need to know what to expect (and not to expect, but keep in mind) of your opponent. If played right, Celebi>Mew. And Mew>Celebi is some cases, too.

And Celebi isn't a glitch. It is a poke. There is a way to get it legally. That makes it not a glitch.

TyraniRay
9th September 2005, 9:56 AM
Everything other people have said about Mew vs Celebi is relevent. Mew learns one hell of a lot more of those useless for battle moves, but some, Mew just sucks at using them cmpared to things like Charizard (Overheat). Of course you can't use 10 moves with a single Pokemon at once. And like I said before, I got Celebi on Gold through a official Nintendo event at a shopping centre. Mew was also given away, but two years before. Also, not that half of the moves I mentioned ARE used by other Pokemon, and do it much better than Mew. Mines just a mixed sweeper. Do you know why? Because thats the one of the few things it can do better than most other Pokemon that do it. And I got the Mew through an event as well so don't say it's only obtainable through a glitch. If you were going to more events, tourneys and such five years ago, you would probably have a legal version of these Pokemon. They're both great, but Mew is two basic for me. Celebi is easily the most defensive Pokemon that has Heal Bell, and is good in speed too. Perish Song simply pisses people off, and so does Future Sight. Leech Seed and Heal Bell are some of the best strategic moves out there, and Mew doesn't get them. Like Shadow Link said, they are equal in power, but, Celebi is much more effective for people like me who use strategic sets, like most good players. Mew is bettter for people who are newer, or who want to surprise their opponent, but Smeargle is better at that since it can learn every move.

poke_girl
21st September 2005, 3:12 PM
It seems Celebi is the only one we've never really got.. I wonder why..

shadowlink
21st September 2005, 8:32 PM
and mew=celebi on stats We aren't talking about stats, but usefulness.

Future Sight is the most terrible psychic atk eva.

Altmer
21st September 2005, 9:19 PM
sure is but both mewtwo and celebi get psychic anyway so what's your point?

also celebi is only cool on netbattle with psychic/recover/leech seed/heal bell.

dark scyther
21st September 2005, 9:40 PM
sure is but both mewtwo and celebi get psychic anyway so what's your point?

also celebi is only cool on netbattle with psychic/recover/leech seed/heal bell.
Mew can learn all moves,but it often have this moveset:swords dance,rock slide,earthquake,softboiled

Kasaioni
13th November 2005, 1:03 AM
well i just got crystal, and i didn't know that you couldn't get the gs ball in crystal, i thought you could get it but not give it to kurt!, can you get it? but just not use it to get celebi, other than that, the only way now to celebi is GS or AR , o any by the way, i ordered crystal english version from the u.s.a and it was the LAST ONE in all of the u.s.a and canada! i'm so lucky! and its not fake and it workes perfecly, and its fresh new! not used at all before me! :D

kidumbreon
23rd November 2005, 2:34 PM
well.....celebi is good.....and also mew....both with all base stats 100.....it just depends on who you are.....but i find mew more usefull....celebi so what if it learns leach seed and heal bell....both restorative moves....that just shows how weak it is.....having to rely on moves to stay alive....but mew can go in there and wup a**....basically celebi is there just for it to be collected and for people to say, oh i got celebi!!!YAY!!!~goes and tells friends~ ....cause the only way to get celebi is through a glitch....and that little telephone thing doesnt work...so dont waste your time.....but mew is different....gamefreak itself said that there IS a way to get mew....but they just kept that to themselves.....if it was really THAT GOOD as TyraniRay proclaims.....then why aint it available.....like raiden said....7 freaking weaknesses...mew only has three...and it stands a better chance at surviving....celebi can just heal itself and give credit for draining and healing....what ever....if you put them in a battle at their strongest...mew would win....anyways dude.....g/l on trying to get your little celebi.............
P.S.-----who likes a grass-psychic?-----
-bRi-OlA

Kasaioni
23rd November 2005, 11:22 PM
well.....celebi is good.....and also mew....both with all base stats 100.....it just depends on who you are.....but i find mew more usefull....celebi so what if it learns leach seed and heal bell....both restorative moves....that just shows how weak it is.....having to rely on moves to stay alive....but mew can go in there and wup a**....basically celebi is there just for it to be collected and for people to say, oh i got celebi!!!YAY!!!~goes and tells friends~ ....cause the only way to get celebi is through a glitch....and that little telephone thing doesnt work...so dont waste your time.....but mew is different....gamefreak itself said that there IS a way to get mew....but they just kept tht to themselves.....if it was really THAT GOOD as TyraniRay proclaims.....then why aint it available.....like raiden said....7 freaking weaknesses...mew only has three...and it stands a better chance at surviving....celebi can just heal itself and give credit for draining and healing....what ever....if you put them in a battle at their strongest...mew would win....anyways dude.....g/l on trying to get your little celebi.............
P.S.-----who likes a grass-psychic?......
-bRi-OlAExaclty, but I just want to get theirr pokedex entry's, thats why everybody is like "YAY I GOT CELEBI" *They tel;l their friends* Anyways I'm getting AR so could someone tell me the name of AR for the new gen games and the name of AR for the game boy colour games, please?

kidumbreon
27th November 2005, 4:38 AM
i dont know that stuff......i dont cheat..........

Dragon_Reborn
11th December 2005, 3:52 PM
Ok,I was looking at a site that had GSC cheats and hints and found one on Celebi.Here's what it says:

Get celebi:
It is true, you can get celebi, and its very easy, all you need is a male meganuim and a female Alakazam!

Breed the meganuim and the alakazam together and when the egg hatches, celebi pops out!

(note: you may lose your meganuim or alakazam, but it is well worth it.)

I dont think this is true but Im not too sure.Is this true?

I also found this one:

OK. Some people say that there is no way in the world to get a Celebi without a gameshark or Nin. rep. but there really is and i have figured it out

The way is to get all 250 pokemon and then after that you go and speak to Professor Oak (Pallet Town, Kanto) then he will give you a GS Ball.

After you get the GS Ball go back to Johto and go back to Ilex Forest and you go to the bush that needs to be cut near the enterance and go to the shrine.

Put the GS Ball inside the shirne and you will have the chance to battle to fight the one and only Celebi (save your game before placing the GS Ball inside of the shrine cause this is your only chance to get Celebi)

Is this one true?

Finnmonster
11th December 2005, 6:09 PM
Hmm. Alakazam and Meganium, different Egg groups (Al is Humanshape, Mega is Grass/Plant). So I don't believe in that Celebi cheat.

And how can you get 250 Pokémon? You have to get Mew or then the Pokédex shows 249 caught Pokémon. (Mew's no.151 and Celebi no.251. Two missing Pokémon of 251 Pokémon, 251-2=249) So I don't believe in that thing either.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the Mew glitch in R/B/Y. Still, it sounds like a false rumor.

Dragon_Reborn
11th December 2005, 11:30 PM
Yeah that what im thinking too.I think they are false rumors.

kidumbreon
12th December 2005, 4:08 AM
yup yup. but it still su*** that you cant get celebi in the game.oh well.

Angel-FoX-crescent
17th December 2005, 12:57 AM
contrary to belief you CANNOT get Celebi in the game.. so stop going on about it

we do not need topics saying "omg iknow how to get Celebi" or "omg how do you get celebi"

the only way to obtain Celebi in a Gold, Silver or Crystal game pack is if you have the Japanese versions of said games, and it is done via Kurt and the GS Ball

there is one more way, but that is via a GAMESHARK or ACTION REPLAY which is bad children :( so dont use them..

this topic is being sticked for future reference, reply if you feel more should be added

peace out

~grem

Lets just hope if Game freak decide to do remakes of GSC games
that we might be able to catch it.

Aurora trainer
1st January 2006, 12:10 AM
not to sound cruel or anything, but some say u have to capture the legendary dogs and then trade in zapDz, artiC and molT... IT IS WRONG!!!!! THERE ARE NO WAYS IN-GAME IN THE ENGLISH VERSIONS TO CAPTURE CELEBI! U HAVE TO TRADE O R CHEAT!*coughs*

Serebii93
2nd January 2006, 11:49 PM
Hey everyone. I'm the new guy here. Actually, that cheat says you have to trade with r/b/y. But there is no possible way to trade Entei, Raikou, or Suicune into r/b/y. It won't let you.

Waffles
11th January 2006, 2:59 AM
Ask around. That's how I got mine.

PidgeotXD
11th January 2006, 3:15 AM
i have a celebi in my crystal. my friend from japan told me the cheat, but i swore secretcy. its attacks are: phychic, recover, ancient power and mega drain.

its pokedex entry is: "Revered as a guardian of the forest, CELEBI appears wherever beautiful forests exist."

and just to clarify, the GS ball cheat is not the cheat im talking about!

KamiKazi Games
14th January 2006, 3:05 AM
I have one on my crystal version, it's english, and i caught it in Ilex forest...get a mew, mewtwo, ho-oh, lugia + 3 legendary dogs, once u captured all them have atleast 230 pokemon in your pokedex, then go to professor oak, he says there was a special ball he found whilst studying hoothoot, and he couldn't get it open. H e gave it to me, and i never watched the pokemon episodes so i had no idea what to do with it, so i took it to the shrine, and i never saw that it had writing on it (this is like 1 or 2 weeks after i got the GS ball lol) and it says "Connor placed the ball on the shrine", then celebii appeard on level 30...

And in my other crystal version i got it through a nintendo event at a local shopping centre :)

Serebii93
14th January 2006, 5:02 AM
The English version thing sounds false. I've seen that on other sites before. But the Nintendo event sounds true. If the English version is true, please give me every single detail. Thanks!

KamiKazi Games
14th January 2006, 6:16 AM
oh crap, did i say it was english version? sorry it was jap, with an english text translator in it...sorry

Serebii93
15th January 2006, 10:34 PM
But is it really true?

PidgeotXD
16th January 2006, 12:12 AM
i know mine is true!

Possesed Deoxys
24th January 2006, 7:52 PM
1.go to battle house in viridian
2 talk to the girl
3she give you a gs ball
4 go to kurt house
5 give him the gs (gold/silver ) ball
6 next day talk to him
7have the ball go to ilex forest shrine put the ball there and celebi will appear flying

..................GOOD SURF..............:surfpika:

Possesed Deoxys;386-d; Deoxys rulez;386-d;

SerenadeSP
26th January 2006, 2:37 AM
I heard that Japan has Celebi,we have Jirachi. Unless the English pokemon guy talk to the Japanease pokemon guy about the whole Celebi/Jirachi problem! I even heard that in Diamond and Pearl the Japanease versions have Jirachi and the English version have Celebi and if doesn't happen....they I'll start to lose hope in ever getting Celebi. Celebi is the only official pokemon that we can't get without cheating devices(they screw up your game and you lose more than you got!).All we can do is wait,wait,wait,wait,wait,wait *Grabs a tape recorder and falls asleep*,wait,waitwait,wait,wait,wait,wait,wait,wai t,wait....until Pearl/Diamond come out in english.For right now all we can do is hope......

Naraku_Diabolos
5th February 2006, 7:30 PM
http://www.serebii.net/crystal/celebi.shtml

Read that. It's on the main site -_-'

I've already obtained Celebi this way. You people need to stop freaking out and just surf the main site. I've known about that code since 2003 from another Pokémon fan site before Serebii had it.

EDIT: I've known about it since 2001 on The PokeMasters.

Serebii93
6th February 2006, 8:07 PM
1.go to battle house in viridian
2 talk to the girl
3she give you a gs ball
4 go to kurt house
5 give him the gs (gold/silver ) ball
6 next day talk to him
7have the ball go to ilex forest shrine put the ball there and celebi will appear flying

..................GOOD SURF..............:surfpika:

Possesed Deoxys;386-d; Deoxys rulez;386-d;

I don't believe this at all! I've been to the Trainer House lots of times before, and nobady gives up a GS Ball!

~*Pikafan*~
7th February 2006, 10:27 PM
Do any of u know how to get Celebi in crystal? I do, and the GS ball works, but I used gameshark

Dunsparce
11th February 2006, 2:08 AM
Do any of u know how to get Celebi in crystal? I do, and the GS ball works, but I used gameshark

Take a look at my thread and see what you need to do.

Besides, most Sharked GS Balls don't work at all :/

Lord of Ninetales
25th February 2006, 12:26 PM
Celebi is finally being officially released in America in the Journey Across America Tour. Yay!

POKErUsAm
25th February 2006, 1:13 PM
when g/s/c were new i bought a used crystal and i was pretty excited,when i got it from ebay (i love ebay :-D)it was ovious that whoever i bought it off had dozens of cheats done on,when i checked his feeback he also sold gamesharks!it had a celebi,a million typhlosions level 100,and a lot more!

Neo
25th February 2006, 1:28 PM
I don't really know how, but I have Celebi on my Gold. I got it off my cousin AGES ago, and he said he got it off his friend. So I don't have a clue where it actually comes from. For all I know, it'll probably mess up my game, but I had it on Crystal for a couple of years and its still fine now.

togipi_chan
25th February 2006, 1:42 PM
get 250 pokemon in pokedex then go to professor elm and he will give you the gs ball then give it kurt and soon you will get it back the go in the forest and find a bird house put the gs ball in and celebi will attack catch it. i got celebi this way.

muckers
25th February 2006, 2:39 PM
Lies.

The GS ball is only available legitimately in the Japanese version of Crystal, via the mobile adapter.

Serebii93
25th February 2006, 10:46 PM
get 250 pokemon in pokedex then go to professor elm and he will give you the gs ball then give it kurt and soon you will get it back the go in the forest and find a bird house put the gs ball in and celebi will attack catch it. i got celebi this way.
Why do all you people believe that?! It doesn't work, so quit lying!

Dunsparce
26th February 2006, 1:01 AM

You're as bad as the RGBY People that go "OMGZ M3wZ 15 uNd3R 73H 7RuCk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111one", which is also a lie ._.

If you have a Celebi on any non-Japanese GSC, it's sharked. You got it in a trade? The person you traded with Sharked it.

Now, unlike popular belief, sharked pokemon cannot ruin the game As long as you put it in correctly and that the value isn't 00, FC, FD (Which is an Egg that destroys your file if hatched), FE, and FF. Bumping your GB/GBC GS even slightly will mess up your game.

So don't shark, people.

muckers
26th February 2006, 11:42 AM
Well, *most* Celebis will be sharked. There are legit ones though, given away at Nintendo events nearly 5 years ago. ^_^

I still have mine on my Crystal, which was traded from my Silver. (My silver was the one which I had the legit Celebi put on courtesy of the NOM team, in a comp. way back in '01).

Naraku_Diabolos
9th March 2006, 3:25 AM
http://www.serebii.net/crystal/celebi.shtml

Read that. It's on the main site -_-'

I've already obtained Celebi this way. You people need to stop freaking out and just surf the main site. I've known about that code since 2003 from another Pokémon fan site before Serebii had it.

^READ THE POST I HAD^

I also needed to edit that post. I've known about it since 2001 on The PokeMasters website.

Magma Instinct
9th March 2006, 3:31 AM
May I say that there is no way that you can get Celebii "legally" in GSC. Only though Gameshark (loves mine). And if you use the gameshark to get the GS ball, For ***'s sake just use it to get Celebii directly

~*Pikafan*~
9th March 2006, 3:47 AM
Celebi is finally being officially released in America in the Journey Across America Tour. Yay!
Um... hello?!? This is G/S/C discussion! Not JAAT discussion!

^That Big Fat LIE!!!^Celebi can only be obtained with the gs ball. You don't have to get all of the Pokemon.

Serebii93
11th March 2006, 9:00 AM
Um... hello?!? This is G/S/C discussion! Not JAAT discussion!
This is a Celebi thread, in case you haven't noticed, so it is allowed!

Vaporeon
19th March 2006, 9:28 AM
There are legit ones though, given away at Nintendo events nearly 5 years ago. ^_^

I got mine from that. Luckily I brought my Gameboy Advance with me the same day I went to the Shopping Centre (Which was in another city after my parents had been looking at Hotels to buy an apartment (not one to live in.. Don't ask.)). I had to walk all the way to the car in the carpark to get it out in order to get Celebi later on. Thank god for that.

DIZZI
30th March 2006, 6:36 PM
well i wish there was some way to legitemently get a celebi on the english games without a nintendo event i mean who doesnt

Serebii93
30th March 2006, 7:56 PM
Right now I'm going to try that Celebi glitch where you breed a male Meganium and a Female Alakazam. I am 25% beliving that it'll work. I like to get my hopes up. I mean, Mew can be caught in the RBY games. I have a lot of doubt about this glitch. Alakazam isn't compatible with a Meganium...

Dunsparce
31st March 2006, 12:06 AM
Right now I'm going to try that Celebi glitch where you breed a male Meganium and a Female Alakazam. I am 25% beliving that it'll work. I like to get my hopes up. I mean, Mew can be caught in the RBY games. I have a lot of doubt about this glitch. Alakazam isn't compatible with a Meganium...

The Mew thing was a GLITCH.

WITOUT A SPECIAL EVENT, CELEBI IS UNOBTAINABLE. PERIOD.

Where the hell did you get that Meganium/Alakazam BS?!?!?

Magma Instinct
31st March 2006, 1:48 AM
I just tried that thing with Meganium and Alakazan, it didnt work, they didn't breed. theyh just sat there....

Serebii93
31st March 2006, 7:37 AM
I didn't do it yet...

The Mew thing was a GLITCH.

WITOUT A SPECIAL EVENT, CELEBI IS UNOBTAINABLE. PERIOD.

Where the hell did you get that Meganium/Alakazam BS?!?!?

I found it online somewhere...as for Mew: Nintendo said he was un-catchable. So why did they lie to us and program him to be caught? Why wouldn't they do it in GSC for Celebi? Hmm...

I just tried that thing with Meganium and Alakazan, it didnt work, they didn't breed. theyh just sat there....
Well, if it don't work, at least they gain levels...

Richie
31st March 2006, 9:20 AM
I have quite a few Mews and Celebis, then again I used cheats.

They're not really all that impressive.

But so adorable. ^_^

Fangirl
31st March 2006, 9:21 AM
I found it online somewhere...as for Mew: Nintendo said he was un-catchable. So why did they lie to us and program him to be caught? Why wouldn't they do it in GSC for Celebi? Hmm...

..they didn't program Mew into R/B/Y to be caught. -.-
It was a f*cking glitch, just like MissingNo. and M' and all those other little ****ed up critters running amok in the botched coding of yester-year.

Celebi is not in (english) Crystal legitimately, though I wish he were. :/ I would have liked to see the whole G/S Ball thing at the Shrine.

Serebii93
31st March 2006, 9:26 AM
..they didn't program Mew into R/B/Y to be caught. -.-
It was a f*cking glitch, just like MissingNo. and M' and all those other little ****ed up critters running amok in the botched coding of yester-year.
Yes it was a glitch, but they programed it so that it could happen. So that means there really could be a Celebi glitch in the game.
Remember: I said 'Could'

Deoxys Strain
31st March 2006, 10:57 AM
if you play for any lenght of time theres a possibilt the pokemon encounter chip will muofunction and you may find one how ever theres just as much chance you fill find some thing like a Pidgey near the whirl Islands

Serebii93
1st April 2006, 12:38 AM
if you play for any lenght of time theres a possibilt the pokemon encounter chip will muofunction and you may find one how ever theres just as much chance you fill find some thing like a Pidgey near the whirl Islands
So does that mean I have a chance at catching one?

Richie
1st April 2006, 3:20 PM
So does that mean I have a chance at catching one?
Yes, all you need to happen is for your game to screw up.

POKErUsAm
1st April 2006, 3:26 PM
Yes, all you need to happen is for your game to screw up.
your game is not programmed to even have celebii. even if it did, then it wouldnt know what it is.

muckers
1st April 2006, 4:17 PM
your game is not programmed to even have celebii. even if it did, then it wouldnt know what it is.

That's laughable. It really is.

ROFL

See?

Hyster-ia
7th April 2006, 2:42 PM
It can be done via Pokémon Stadium, right?

Serebii93
8th April 2006, 6:58 AM
That's laughable. It really is.

ROFL

See?
Does that mean I can still srew my game, and get my beloved Serebii?
*Crosses Fingers that my game will go screwy*

Comis Patronus
8th April 2006, 7:10 AM
This question............... seen it soooo much. It's annoying really(some people aren't resourceful).

muckers
8th April 2006, 11:09 AM
Does that mean I can still srew my game, and get my beloved Serebii?
*Crosses Fingers that my game will go screwy*

Well, no since there's no glitch to get Celebi (unlike in R/B where there's a glitch to get Mew).

But if you get a legit Celebi from an event, or from Nintendo or even if you get a cheated Celebi from a GS or AR then the game will still understand it.

It's stupid for that guy to suggest that G/S/C aren't 'programmed to understand Celebi' - otherwise, why would Nintendo have actually MADE her? :rolleyes:

Serebii93
13th April 2006, 6:38 AM
Is Celebi a Her or a He? You decide!
I think Celebi is a Her. Then again, in Pokemon 4Ever, Ash and Sam call it a He... Never mind. I think that Celebi comes in both genders. The one in the movie must be a He, though...

Fire-Fist Ace
13th April 2006, 10:44 PM
Celebii can't be caught in the game unless you trade with a friend or use an AR or GameShark.

Kal-El
13th April 2006, 10:56 PM
Yes it was a glitch, but they programed it so that it could happen. So that means there really could be a Celebi glitch in the game.
Remember: I said 'Could'
Yes there could. But Mew only appeared because the Hex managed to be changed around a bit. It was unintentional and they CERTAINLY did not intend for Mew to appear.
Remember, other Pokémon can appear too with that one.

As for Celebi, when you find an event that changes Hex and stuff then you could find it. But considering you have 1/251 chance of finding it by doing so (Plus other variable) I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Aptenodytes
17th April 2006, 4:54 PM
I got my Celebi fairly... well fairly easy sicne I got a game shark :D. It's shiny.

The Organizer
30th April 2006, 6:21 PM
This is good, no more how can i get celebii etc posts, you can only get celebii with a japense version or a gameshark.

silverdragon
23rd May 2006, 12:33 AM
when do people learn

muckers
23rd May 2006, 9:03 AM
They don't unfortunately. I still hear people going on about the truck behing the SS Anne on R/B/Y. >.<

Wish I still had my legit Celebi, though. Damn you, Silver! Why'd you have to corrupt your save file! :(

Possesed Deoxys
25th May 2006, 8:02 PM
in my computer i got VBC ( visual boy color ) (same like GBC ) but in the computer and there i got pkmn gold ( Japanese Version ) i got celebi in my gameboy cux i used the cable to trade pkmn from computer to my pokemon gold

IM LUCKY :D

EmbersBackUpSinger
25th May 2006, 8:03 PM
You're right! I can't stand these people!

muckers
26th May 2006, 11:35 PM
He didn't. Someone like THAT clearly has no concept about the hacking and emulation world.

Serebii93
15th June 2006, 5:05 AM
in my computer i got VBC ( visual boy color ) (same like GBC ) but in the computer and there i got pkmn gold ( Japanese Version ) i got celebi in my gameboy cux i used the cable to trade pkmn from computer to my pokemon gold

IM LUCKY :D
Heh... I like how you lie so much, it comes out your butt.
There is NO way you could have gotten that Celebi legaly, and I doubt you even got it at all. I hate you people who think we're going to believe that.

ghost1125
15th June 2006, 8:14 PM
yep, too many threads about it

15th June 2006, 8:18 PM
Celebi is a grass type. Which means it sucks. But yet, I got it at JAA.

Kyrix
26th June 2006, 12:12 AM
There is a way to glitch your game to get celebi similar to jap. versions.
When ever you use a glitch or code or whatever (usually when the glitch messes up a bit) sometimes an item called the teru samma will be held by a pokemon in the glitch or in your items(depending what you do) like when you use a code to get the last pokemon prof. elm has sometimes it holds the teru samma. or when you copy a pokemon they get a different name and hold the teru samma. btw the teru samma is the american version of the gs ball. then you can go to to the shrine and fight celebi but sometimes IT is a glitchy box.
this btw goes back to the remnants of these games. teru samma might have been in the american versions but they are in the jap. version and taken out in the american version.

Shock
3rd July 2006, 10:32 AM
Celebi is a grass type. Which means it sucks. But yet, I got it at JAA.

Grass types don't have to suck. (look at Ludicolo, it's great) But I don't like Celebi fully unobtainable.

muckers
3rd July 2006, 3:03 PM
Grass types don't have to suck. (look at Ludicolo, it's great) But I don't like Celebi fully unobtainable.

Ludicolo is Grass and Water, which is why it's a good Pokemon.

Point still stands that grass types have too many weaknesses. Fire, Flying, Ice and Psychic to name but a few.

Kabuto
3rd July 2006, 6:22 PM
I got a celebi in gold silver and crystal from a Nintendo Power contest ^__^. And I'm about to get another one at JAA for the 3rd gen.

PokeCreator_09
3rd July 2006, 8:50 PM
Before I say anything, I'm not claiming to have caught Celebi or that I disagree with there being no way of catching celebi without the GS Ball.

Remember when RBY came out, and after pokemon the movie came out? People wanted to get their hands on the legendary pokemon MEW. Everybody said NO, there's no way to catch mew. Well, close to seven years after the release of RBY, somebody found the mew glitch, which allowed the capture of mew without a gameshark. That took seven years and who knows what that guy was doing. What if there was something similar in GSC, that allowed the capture of Celebi? It's possible, even though HIGHLY unlikely. I mean, Celebi is programmed into the game and is just sitting there in the Ilex Forest. I'm not saying there is a glitch in GSC that lets you get Celebi, but it is possible.

Kodan
4th July 2006, 11:42 AM
You people should listen to this thread, And stop posting about you can get celebi. ONLY on the japanese version.

Kyrix
4th July 2006, 2:21 PM
You people should listen to this thread, And stop posting about you can get celebi. ONLY on the japanese version.
how dense are you!!???? the teru-sama is a remnant that you can find on g/s/c and after doing other stuff with it it will let you catch celebi but it could look glitched up! don't go around saying you can't without research and evedence. the teru-sama is evedence it is true

*Shadow_Destiny*
4th July 2006, 6:07 PM
i think you must catch raikou, entei and suicune, then trade in zapdos, articuno and moltres. go with this pokey's to kurt and you receive the GS ball. go with this ball to the forest nearby azalea town, and put him in a thing of wood (i dont know the name)

SneazzL.com
4th July 2006, 6:18 PM
i think you must catch raikou, entei and suicune, then trade in zapdos, articuno and moltres. go with this pokey's to kurt and you receive the GS ball. go with this ball to the forest nearby azalea town, and put him in a thing of wood (i dont know the name)
NO!!!!!!!!!!!! lol thats the stupidest thing i ever hurt (sorry for gramar)

muckers
4th July 2006, 6:26 PM

No you don't. Simple as that.

The only way to recieve the GS Ball is on a Japanese version of Crystal using the mobile phone adapter (both rare and out of service).

Well, that's the only LEGIT way. You could use a Gameshark or AR, but that's cheating.

Imo, using a GS or AR for Pokemon = baaaad. :p

SneazzL.com
4th July 2006, 6:33 PM
anyway why should anyone wants to have an celebi he sucks

Shinin
4th July 2006, 6:43 PM
anyway why should anyone wants to have an celebi he sucks

To complete their pokedexes?

SneazzL.com
4th July 2006, 6:58 PM
maybe!!! i never wanted to complete i only play for fun and strategy

GeorgeCollins
4th July 2006, 7:10 PM
Ludicolo is Grass and Water, which is why it's a good Pokemon.

Point still stands that grass types have too many weaknesses. Fire, Flying, Ice and Psychic to name but a few.

No, grass weaknesses are: Fire, Flying Ice and Bug. Psychic is only super effective against grass types that are part poison.

Dark Aerodactyl
5th July 2006, 12:29 PM
i ignore the celebi glitch

Golde
6th July 2006, 12:03 AM
Its a good thing this was posted, because I have heard so ma ny rumors involving Celebii. Catch unknowns in alphabetical order, use all HMs on the shrine, etc.

violetriot
7th July 2006, 12:04 AM
darn it, i think somone wil find away, i mean i remember when every one thought you were stupid for thinking there was a way to get mew in r/y/b so it could be there, if its pokedex data is on there then so must celebi?

muckers
7th July 2006, 4:19 PM
...It's really not. The game has been out, what, nearly 6 years now? The likelihood of someone finding a glitch NOW, after all this time, is incredibly unlikely.

The only way to get Celebi is to cheat or get it from a Nintendo Celebi Event, which of course ended years ago.

I had one on mine from an event, but because I cloned it so many times for my friends my save file became corrupted. :(

Pure
7th July 2006, 4:27 PM
OR if you have a japanese Crystal, you can get the G/S ball given to you by Kurt after obtaining it at a special celebi event (which also ended years ago)

LTking
8th July 2006, 8:23 AM
im going to be crazy from all that people that think she now celebi and the you get this: defeat 100 times the leaqeu go to the prof and he say make all legendarys lvl 100 the see him back and he gives you a gs ball go to kurt bla bla bla. you cant get celebi.

dragonite_master
20th July 2006, 5:28 PM
Well, I found a Celebi in my old Silver Game once. Level 11, in Goldenrod. But that was a glitch (game froze after some days). But a friend of mine was able to get a normal Celebi, level 30. Don't ask me how. But, thanks to him, I have Celebi (and it's not that good).
your friend probably did a cheat code i heard of that has to do with the ilex forest shrine [i thought it was a fake cheat though

dragonite_master
20th July 2006, 5:30 PM
i heard something like that too.then u put the gs ball inthe shrine in ilex forest

dragonite_master
20th July 2006, 5:47 PM
i heard you get the gs ball.give it to kurt next day he gives it back.put it in the ilex forest shrine and you see a level 30 celebi.im not saying it works thats just what i heard

dragonite_master
20th July 2006, 5:48 PM
i had one someone downloaded it into my game but i restarted it

Sazs
28th July 2006, 3:55 PM
For long time ago, i read that when you get the gs ball, give it to kurt. next day go to kurt, and you'll get it back. Then go to the ilex forest, and the shrine, then put the GS Ball in the shrine, then a level 30 Celebi will jump out and attack you...

Some others have said this too, and i think that it is how you get celebi, but, you need GS ball first, and i dont know how to get that but i think you can do it on a way...

There is data of celebi
Somebody get it by the game frozes, that means that celebi is in the game (i think so)

But you dont have to believe me.

But it is a litlle wierd if they make the data for celebi on the US version, without you can get it...

muckers
28th July 2006, 5:29 PM
Well, Celebi data is there because Nintendo were going to give it away at Nintendo events.

But you can't get it through 'normal means' if you know what I mean - you can't do anything in the game to get it by yourself (without cheating).

Also, you can't get the GS ball without cheating or glitching your game.

Sazs
28th July 2006, 5:53 PM
i know, but i just have a feeling about that you can, and prof oak will give it to you in pallet town, after you've done something, but that could be cool..

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
31st July 2006, 5:35 AM
when i was like 6 or 7 i used gs i feel ashamed of me

dragonite_master
31st July 2006, 7:08 PM
if there is a way to get celebi and im not saying there is it might have to do with exeggcute.if you read the description for celebi in fire red or leaf green[im not sure wich] it talks about her leaving behind an egg from the future and they both have th same two types.or it might have to do with togepi

The Scizor Master
3rd August 2006, 12:34 AM
gettingcelebi is so dam hard, i wish it was like mewtwo, easy and in a cave.

Naruto Uzumaki
3rd August 2006, 1:51 AM
I wish it was still obtainable!He was the last pokemon i needed!

The Scizor Master
4th August 2006, 5:55 AM
really, well its a waste fillin ur pokedex...well for me tha is. ;)

Navneet
11th August 2006, 7:13 AM
i wanttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttt celebiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

AJ kinova the psychic
26th August 2006, 4:38 AM
to bad they didnt put the GS ball thing in the american verson

Metagross
27th August 2006, 3:09 PM
Japan get's everything always, just because Nintendo are Japanese,they need to show the rest of the world some respect and loyalty to there worldwide fanbase.

eggy
30th August 2006, 4:55 AM
serebii posted how o get celebi in the english crystal via gameshark ad kurt i tried it on an rom and it was kinda cool how the trees were moving cuz of wind

mewfan1
2nd September 2006, 7:12 PM
I don't have Pokemon Crystal,
but...
I found this video of Celebi and the illex forest. It's pretty cool. But, by the looks of it...whoever was playing it was cheating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDucTrf7ids;251;

muckers
2nd September 2006, 7:25 PM
I don't have Pokemon Crystal,
but...
I found this video of Celebi and the illex forest. It's pretty cool. But, by the looks of it...whoever was playing it was cheating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDucTrf7ids;251;

Well, obviously because you have to cheat to get the GS ball like this guy did.

There's no other way (unless you get Teru-Sama by glitch, but this guy didn't).

Falco320
20th September 2006, 3:18 PM
celibi is my fav.

EchoElectro
10th October 2006, 6:44 PM
Don't know if anyone's posted this before, but there was a way to get celebii, but it was a few years ago now. There was a pokemon tournament going around the UK, and if you took part, you got the chance to sign up to this thing where you got given a new silver cartridge, which had about 20 celebii's on it. You had a list of pokemon you could trade for, the idea being to trade all the celebii's away, and there was a certain date to complete it by. Then you were meant to send the cartridge away and you got a prize or something. But i didn't have many friends who had pokemon back then, so i missed the deadline. Still got the cartridge somewhere.
;251;

ss5vegeta
10th October 2006, 7:36 PM
getting celebi on crystal and deoxys on fr/lg and emerald are the only gameshark cheats ill ever use on pokemon

Serebii93
11th October 2006, 9:17 PM
Don't know if anyone's posted this before, but there was a way to get celebii, but it was a few years ago now. There was a pokemon tournament going around the UK, and if you took part, you got the chance to sign up to this thing where you got given a new silver cartridge, which had about 20 celebii's on it. You had a list of pokemon you could trade for, the idea being to trade all the celebii's away, and there was a certain date to complete it by. Then you were meant to send the cartridge away and you got a prize or something. But i didn't have many friends who had pokemon back then, so i missed the deadline. Still got the cartridge somewhere.
;251;

All fake, all false. It never happened. They [Nintendo] don't do that kind of stuff.
I know you are a n00bie, but, come on, we people with real brains know better than those kind of lies. Now move along, nothing to see here.

EchoElectro
11th October 2006, 11:33 PM
lolz at that. I have actually got better things to do with my time than make stuff up. I've remebered the details, and it was organised by the Nintendo Official Magazine (NOM’s Pokemon tour 2001), and they had pictures of the winners of the tournamnet in the magazine etc. I looked back before and a couple of other people had written something similar, about it being outside supermarkets, if I remember correctly I went down to Leeds, and they held it outside a Toys R Us at a retail park. Just found the box the game came in, and it gives the deadline on the back, it was 8th September 2001.

Aww bless you would of been about 8.

I might have just got an account on here, but I aint no newbie to the world of pokemon. So if you're quite done with trying to patronise me, I suggest you check your facts before claiming people are making things up.

Serebii93
12th October 2006, 12:45 AM
It's made up. NoA, NoE, NoJ, none of them would ever do that. It was obvioulsy a bootleg thing. NOM? Nice try. Nintendo has always, and always will have, ONLY Nintendo Power.

If you think I'm dumb enough to believe you, you had better shoot me with some proof.

.TraX.
12th October 2006, 9:19 AM
Japan get's everything always, just because Nintendo are Japanese,they need to show the rest of the world some respect and loyalty to there worldwide fanbase.

There is a larger market in Japan.

/cockslap

~Bent~
12th October 2006, 1:43 PM
NOM? Nice try. Nintendo has always, and always will have, ONLY Nintendo Power.You do realize that Nintendo Power is called Nintendo Official Magazine in Europe, right?

Anyway, here's what Wikipedia has to say:
In the UK, there was a promotion at Toys 'R' Us stores that involved receiving a special game-cart which had several Celebi's to trade to friend's games of GSC. After trading the full quota (believed to be around 10), the game-cart could be sent back in exchange for promo trading cards, comics and other Pokemon merchandise.Granted, Wikipedia's not always the most accurate sources, but surely it's not always incorrect.

EchoElectro
12th October 2006, 4:34 PM
Thanks for backing me up there. Like I tried to get across before to Serebii93, if he actually bothered to do any research he'd know I'm not making it up. And come on, how often do people who make things up go back and try to argue their point on forums, they normally let it go.

If he actually bothered to notice the fact I wrote that it happened in the UK, he might have realised that the magazine I was talking about might not be the same/available over in America.

Nintendo Official Magazine has ran for many years, and recently had a complete overhaul, bringing in new writers etc. and they slightly changed the abbreviation, just to emphasise the difference in the newer issues, going from NOM, to ONM (being Official Nintendo Magazine). This can be verified from their website:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/

Although due to the overhaul, they reset the issue numbers.

Obviously some people find it hard to believe because they're a bit jealous. It doesn't take much research to find out that both mew and celebi were made available at special Nintendo events for the 1st and 2nd generation games (respectively). And that more events will/have been made to give the Pokemon again for the 3rd generation. I know for definite that it was possible to get mew, but I'm not so sure about celebi. I certainly haven't heard/read anything about obtaining it for the newer games.

Serebii93
15th October 2006, 2:35 AM
Thanks for backing me up there. Like I tried to get across before to Serebii93, if he actually bothered to do any research he'd know I'm not making it up. And come on, how often do people who make things up go back and try to argue their point on forums, they normally let it go.

If he actually bothered to notice the fact I wrote that it happened in the UK, he might have realised that the magazine I was talking about might not be the same/available over in America.

Nintendo Official Magazine has ran for many years, and recently had a complete overhaul, bringing in new writers etc. and they slightly changed the abbreviation, just to emphasise the difference in the newer issues, going from NOM, to ONM (being Official Nintendo Magazine). This can be verified from their website:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/

Although due to the overhaul, they reset the issue numbers.

Obviously some people find it hard to believe because they're a bit jealous. It doesn't take much research to find out that both mew and celebi were made available at special Nintendo events for the 1st and 2nd generation games (respectively). And that more events will/have been made to give the Pokemon again for the 3rd generation. I know for definite that it was possible to get mew, but I'm not so sure about celebi. I certainly haven't heard/read anything about obtaining it for the newer games.

I searched that site up and down. There's no Celebi give aways from the past. I'm not jealous, but I know for a fact that Nintendo wouldn't do such a thing at events. They'll give away Uber Pokemon, but they don't give away cartridges full of Celebi's.

Bent: Wiki is mostly false. Remember Glitch City? It doesn't exist. Neither does this.

EchoElectro
16th October 2006, 10:35 PM
I searched that site up and down. There's no Celebi give aways from the past. I'm not jealous, but I know for a fact that Nintendo wouldn't do such a thing at events. They'll give away Uber Pokemon, but they don't give away cartridges full of Celebi's.

Bent: Wiki is mostly false. Remember Glitch City? It doesn't exist. Neither does this.

What I was trying to get across was that the site is evidence that the magazine exists, but because of the fact that it was revamped, they probably won't have information on anything old.

Why are you so adamant that Nintendo wouldn't do something like that?

And to be fair, saying the cartridge was full of Celebis is a bit of an exaggeration, I said around about 20, bearing in mind that I'm recalling the details from memory, so they might be slightly off.

If there was a way to give you any solid evidence that it happened I would.
All I can offer at the moment would be a picture of the Celebi I transferred to my own game, but I don't know if it would prove anything.

Also, I emailed Toys R Us and Nintendo Europe to see if they had any records of the events happening. So I could post their responses when I get them, but I'm guessing you probably wouldn't believe them either.

I've just had a thought; I'll try and email the magazine as well. But again, would you believe that? I'm guessing not.

I know lots of people make things up and say they can get legendary Pokemon in random ways, but it's not like what I'm saying is completely unbelievable here.

Nintendo sponsored event/tour - we all know they happen
Nintendo giving away legendary Pokemon at these events - we know that happens too.

I admit when I got the cartridge, I was surprised at the number of Celebi on it, but the whole point was that you TRADED them to other people, spreading Celebis around the UK. I don't know, maybe they felt sorry for the UK, since we have to wait until games have been translated into every European language before we get them, when an American to English translation doesn't really take that long. The UK seems to get left out a lot. It's a thought anyway.

So, yeah, I'll post/forward replies when I receive them, and pictures if anyone thinks it'll do any good.

~Bent~
19th October 2006, 1:36 AM

Bent: Wiki is mostly false. Remember Glitch City? It doesn't exist. Neither does this.Umm... Glitch City exists. Have you even tried the method? Everyone's been there.

EchoElectro, you may want to put up scans of the box, or at least a picture, on Imageshack or Photobucket.

Serebii93
19th October 2006, 4:05 AM
Umm... Glitch City exists. Have you even tried the method? Everyone's been there.

EchoElectro, you may want to put up scans of the box, or at least a picture, on Imageshack or Photobucket.

I tried it many times in a row. Never got there once. I followed exactly as the directions said.

mewfan1
19th October 2006, 6:16 PM
Who's ever caught Celebi in Crystal?
;251;

~Bent~
20th October 2006, 12:00 AM
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=11707

And Glitch City does exist -- I've been there. Try asking in the R/B/Y glitch thread if you can't find it.

As for catching Celebi in Crystal, it was possible in the Japanese version. They removed the option from the American version, but the text was translated. Here it is:
{A1}, isn't it?

Congratulations!

As a special deal,
a GS BALL has been
sent just for you!

Please accept it!

GS BALL

The mysterious
BALL.

Wh-what is that?

I've never seen
one before.

It looks a lot
like a POKé BALL,

but it appears to
be something else.

Let me check it
for you.

I'm checking it
now.

Ah-ha! I see!
So...

{A1}!

This BALL started
to shake while I
was checking it.

There must be
something to this!

ILEX FOREST is
restless!

What is going on?

{A1}, here's
your GS BALL back!

Could you go see
why ILEX FOREST is
so restless?

Something's wrong
in ILEX FOREST...

You should stay
away right now.

Did something
happen to the
forest's guardian?

ILEX FOREST
SHRINE...

It's in honor of
the forest's
protector...

Oh? What is this?

It's a hole.
It looks like the

GS BALL would fit
inside it.

Want to put the GS
BALL here?

{A1} put in the
GS BALL.

Whew, wasn't that
something!

{A1}, that was
fantastic. Thanks!

The legends about
that SHRINE were
real after all.

I feel inspired by
what I just saw.

It motivates me to
make better BALLS!

I'm going!

Francesc
20th October 2006, 4:50 PM
Well, I used codes to get a Shiny Celebi
*runs*

ThegameHHH
25th October 2006, 11:35 AM
Thank god this will make people be quiet. And i have tried all the glitches and what a fool i was.

May_65
25th October 2006, 12:09 PM
!?............................

squirtleboy12
25th October 2006, 12:13 PM
its is true you cant get celebi...so sad

May_65
25th October 2006, 12:20 PM
you can never get a celebi.... (except by using a gameshark or any other forms of cheats like gamegenie and etc.)

CurtisC
27th October 2006, 6:15 AM
it is possible to get the gs ball in crystal i have it. but kurt will not take it so its useless

That's because you got it wrong. Your not suppose to have it in your key items for him to see. It won't work if you buy it but you have to use an item replacement code for your regular items. Just buy an antidote or something and replace that.

I've done it and I don't cosider it cheating because it should of been in the game anyway.

Skeith
27th October 2006, 10:56 AM
you can never get a celebi.... (except by using a gameshark or any other forms of cheats like gamegenie and etc.)

Thats why i consider using a gameshark to get unobtaintable pokemon as not cheating

Meowth! That's right!
3rd November 2006, 8:45 AM
Waaaah I missed it. TT_TT I only live an hour away from Melbourne...

EchoElectro
4th November 2006, 12:39 AM
Finally got some pics of the box that my celebi catridge came in, and a pic of it next to my normal silver catridge box.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/magic_yoghurt/LightComparison.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/magic_yoghurt/CloseBox.jpg

K3v1n
4th November 2006, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=EchoElectro;4713616]Finally got some pics of the box that my celebi catridge came in, and a pic of it next to my normal silver catridge box.

You have Celibii! How did you get it!! Please don't tell me you cheated for it.

EchoElectro
4th November 2006, 1:11 AM
Here's some screenshots too:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/magic_yoghurt/DSCN1193.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/magic_yoghurt/DSCN1194.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/magic_yoghurt/DSCN1195.jpg

Sorry for double posting, but photobucket didn't look like it was going to upload the in game screenshots.

EchoElectro
4th November 2006, 1:13 AM
Dark Latias, if you go back a page or so in this thread, i explained where i got it from. There was a nintendo event about 5 years ago, running across the UK.

~Bent~
4th November 2006, 3:32 AM
It's great that you got pictures now, EchoElectro. Just two comments:

That Celebi in the picture is at level 47, yet its Special Attack and Special Defense are at 121. According to Donald's guide for Crystal at GameFAQs, the max of those two stats at level 50 are 120. ...?

And secondly, you said there were multiple Celebis in this cartridge. This one appears to have already been trained. Do you have any that were totally unaltered from their original levels when you obtained the cart?

EchoElectro
4th November 2006, 8:23 PM
Sorry I should of clarified that, the in-game pics are from my normal silver version, and I traded the celebi into it. And unfortunately the celebi cartridge wasn't in the box when I found it, but as soon as I do find it, i'll put up pics of the unaltered celebis.

So I'm going to have to wait until I get time to search the loft, as the game must be in my old gameboy carrying case. And whilst I'm at it, im going to set-up my N64, as I think I may have pokemon stored on Pokemon Stadium 2.

I'm not sure about the Special Attack and Special Defence, but according to a pokemon Silver Guide, "Base and Max Statistics FAQ" by EOrizzonte (also at GameFAQs), the maximum special Attack and Special Defence is 298, which makes more sense to me as Celebi has base stats of 100 all-round, which you can see from serebii's pokedex on this website aswell, and if its only at level 47 and it has apparently already reached/surpassed the MAX stats that Donald gives, maybe he got it wrong.

~Bent~
5th November 2006, 3:48 AM
Sorry I should of clarified that, the in-game pics are from my normal silver version, and I traded the celebi into it. And unfortunately the celebi cartridge wasn't in the box when I found it, but as soon as I do find it, i'll put up pics of the unaltered celebis.Ahh, good. Do you happen to remember at what point the game had been played when you got it? (E.g., it was placed in a normal Silver box, but it undoubtedly had a file with Celebis on it when you received the box. Where in the story was the player?)

And yeah, I've done some extra research, and it is indeed to get a Celebi with those stats. I've normally found Donald's guides to be accurate, but it seems his stats (perhaps just on Celebi) are off.

Serebii93
5th November 2006, 5:08 AM
EchoElectro:

Aha! I knew you were lying! Just because you had a Celebi in there doesn't mean you actually obtained it by an event!

I think you sharked that one, and if you bother to show me a full party of Celebi's, because I noticed you were playing Silver, you could have simply cloned it. Nice try, but I think this argument is over. You sharked, cloned. That was a normal box for Pokemon Silver. I have the exact same one. Almost[US is slightly different than UK, I believe]. Sorry, dude, but newbies never prosper. I knew you were lying all along, and now you just proved it without realizing it. You couldn't show actual proof of an event. You couldn't even find the cartridge with the Celebi's. You, in your own words, just proved yourself a phony. Now stop this nonsense and go away. Have a Nice Day.

~Bent~
5th November 2006, 6:16 AM
EchoElectro:

Aha! I knew you were lying! Just because you had a Celebi in there doesn't mean you actually obtained it by an event!

I think you sharked that one, and if you bother to show me a full party of Celebi's, because I noticed you were playing Silver, you could have simply cloned it. Nice try, but I think this argument is over. You sharked, cloned. That was a normal box for Pokemon Silver. I have the exact same one. Almost[US is slightly different than UK, I believe]. Sorry, dude, but newbies never prosper. I knew you were lying all along, and now you just proved it without realizing it. You couldn't show actual proof of an event. You couldn't even find the cartridge with the Celebi's. You, in your own words, just proved yourself a phony. Now stop this nonsense and go away. Have a Nice Day....Hey.

Earlier, I posted a news article proving that the event did happen. It's seen on Wikipedia too. From here it's just a question of whether or not he participated in it, and I certainly don't see why he wouldn't have.

He earlier stated that it was, in fact, a normal Pokemon Silver, except with Celebis on it. Remember the Toys 'R Us Mew event? Those were normal FireRed cartridges, except that they were full of Mews. The box is the same, but it has a label on it.

Sure, the label could've been faked. But I doubt it, especially considering the fact that the event did happen.

And those stats are normal stats for a Celebi that level (contrary to my previous assumption). Those attacks are normal for a Celebi that level. 'K?

Pure
5th November 2006, 2:28 PM
True, and when did you happen upon this cartridge, EchoElectro?

EchoElectro
5th November 2006, 6:52 PM
Serebii93, how come you don't bother to actually read what I've written before you start dismissing me? I have already said, that the cartrdige I received was just a normal silver cartridge but with celebii's on it.

In answer to your question ~Bent~, the player was as far as you need to be in order to be able to trade pokemon. When I first loaded the game up, the player was in the pokemon centre of whatever that town was. And you had a normal starter pokemon, i think it was totodile on my cartridge.

Oh and in response to Serebii93 again
"You couldn't even find the cartridge with the Celebi's" I haven't found it YET. I have a heavy work load on at the mo, preparing for January exams, and getting stuff sorted for Uni next year. It's not like there's a time limit on here, just because I didn't find it straight away doesn't mean i haven't got it. I don't know bout everyone lese, but I tend to put older games out of the way when the new stuff comes along. However, I will try my best to get the game as soon as possible.

And was it just me who notcied the fact that other people have said celebi was available in a special event a few years ago, i think someone mentioned it in Australia. Yes, there are a lot of liars and fakers out there, but do the research and the evidence is quite easy to find.

Finally: Shining Alakazam, either go back through the thread or follow the picutre links as the date is on the box.

wynber
6th November 2006, 4:15 AM
Hmm. Alakazam and Meganium, different Egg groups (Al is Humanshape, Mega is Grass/Plant). So I don't believe in that Celebi cheat.

And how can you get 250 Pokémon? You have to get Mew or then the Pokédex shows 249 caught Pokémon. (Mew's no.151 and Celebi no.251. Two missing Pokémon of 251 Pokémon, 251-2=249) So I don't believe in that thing either.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the Mew glitch in R/B/Y. Still, it sounds like a false rumor.

about this one i think that it can be done you only trade mew from red version and you can get all the 250 pokemon i hadn't tryed this in my game but maybe it will work, it's the more coherent theory that i have heard in this discusion;rukario;

HERLS
14th November 2006, 4:41 PM
EchoElectro:

Proof. Now.

I think you sharked that one, and if you bother to show me a full party of Celebi's, because I noticed you were playing Silver, you could have simply cloned it. Nice try, but I think this argument is over. You sharked, cloned.

You have no proof for this statement. Therefore, you lose.

IThat was a normal box for Pokemon Silver. I have the exact same one. Almost[US is slightly different than UK, I believe].

Except for the fact that his one had that massive sticker on the back that stated when it must be returned, etc etc.

Sorry, dude, but newbies never prosper.

Ahahaha f**k no. Newbies =/= n00bs. Newbies are new members - they can be just as smart and productive as other members.

I knew you were lying all along, and now you just proved it without realizing it. You couldn't show actual proof of an event.

Perhaps it's best that I post this (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=11707&skip=yes) link again. You ignored it when posted by Bent.

You couldn't even find the cartridge with the Celebi's. You, in your own words, just proved yourself a phony. Now stop this nonsense and go away. Have a Nice Day.

Yeah, hey, have you ever heard of the concept of losing things? I certainly have.

I hate cocky, arrogant 13-year olds.

Edit: And for the record, Glitch City is very real (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdGWYEuTyBs). Please take the time to watch that vid.

flygon93
18th November 2006, 4:48 AM
i need help getting Celebi on my silver with out cheating im new and i need to also know how to customize my profile

muckers
18th November 2006, 11:53 AM
Can't get it without cheating.

The only way to get Celebi without cheating would've been to go to a Pokemon G/S event about...ooh, five years ago now and have it downloaded onto your cartridge.

Freya
20th November 2006, 5:47 AM
Gawd! thanks for making a stickie...if only they would do it on other sites most other sites i go to that are pokemon (used to go to anyways) would have pages on Celebi spam in the Gold and Sliver thread section

Wesheg
23rd November 2006, 5:45 AM
I don't care about it much, I don't use Ubers because they can have bad stats, I go for pokemon that have good stats.

Dingodile11
23rd November 2006, 7:17 AM
A few years ago, when i was going to Spain, i met a guy who had Pokémon Silver. He showed me what Pokémon were in it, and, well, i saw Celebi in it. So i asked how he got it. He said a friend made him walk near the Dragon's Den, but he couldn't remember what that friend did next. Too bad.

Mewbiraxys
8th January 2007, 2:15 PM
wasn't it... err.... forbidden to talk about gamesharks here? Oh well i feel that getting a celebi in the second gen is useless, cant trade it over to 3rd or 4th. the only use for it is to complete your pokedex. i got 250, thinking i might get a Celebi if i did that, and even went to the point of OWNING (not in pokedex, but actually pokemon #1 till pokemon #250 all lined in my boxes according to their no.) cause i got fooled by someone who said you can catch Celebi that way. -_- well those were my worse days. -_-

Papa Doc
13th January 2007, 1:58 AM
XXMunchlaxXX how did you get the GS Ball in Crystal version

mightylegion
30th January 2007, 7:55 PM
I'm glad that people will finally accept that they is NO way to get it

Serebii93
31st January 2007, 12:12 AM
I remember seeing one thing about Celebi coming out if you line up Unowns C, E, L, E, B, and I in your Party, and then go up to the Shrine, Celebi comes out. I did a MythBusters sesion, and busted it. Celebi is not caught within the game.

Shiny Ho-Oh
31st January 2007, 1:51 AM
XXMunchlaxXX how did you get the GS Ball in Crystal version

The only way to get it is by using AR or GS

[Kingdra]
31st January 2007, 2:07 AM
You can also get it at a nintendo event (I doubt they give those out anymore though xD)

Manjot
13th February 2007, 5:09 AM
I saw my friend had that glitch. The lucky guy.

RaiBlade
20th February 2007, 11:52 AM
I Used a GS Ball To Put it in The Ilex Forest Shrine and Celebi Came Flying To Me
in Pokemon Crystal.
However,It Was in 2006 and I Caught it With My Ultra Ball Hardly.

NiteRunner
22nd February 2007, 5:12 AM
If you play on a Crystal ROM using an emulator, there is a version that had the Celebi/GS ball reprogrammed in the English version. What I mean is someone edited a English Crystal ROM to allow you to get the GS ball and use it to get Celebi. I've Seen a video of this ROM and some guy going through the same process you'd have to do if you were to have the Jap version and phone thing. So it could be possible that those playing on an emulator have this version.
Side Note: I'd like to see someone edit Crystal to include EVERY pokemon adding events to get the RBY rares/starters. Would be fun to play. Sorry side tracked.

Shining Shadow
28th February 2007, 11:44 AM
Nite, you really shouldn't discuss ROM's or other illegal stuff on these forums... A note- i am NOT Mini-Modding, merely helping a new user.

RaiBlade
1st March 2007, 7:59 PM
Celebi is Really Strong!<-----Thanks ^^

MysticDragonite
3rd March 2007, 12:16 AM
i read the very first post in this and i want to know why Gameshark is bad?????

drummerdude09
3rd March 2007, 5:20 AM
because if you use gameshark, then your saved file can be erased,(personally i dont use gameshark to get pokemon, just tickets that will never come to where i live)

payne
6th March 2007, 4:43 PM
i dont even get the whole process of gameshark. its so confusing

Manjot
6th March 2007, 5:39 PM
because if you use gameshark, then your saved file can be erased,(personally i dont use gameshark to get pokemon, just tickets that will never come to where i live)

Even if it does get erased you can just use the gameshark to get them back:)

FinalAwakening
10th March 2007, 11:05 PM
hey guys, im new to this forum/site, and i havnt read through this ENTIRE thread but i have skimmed and it appears that most people believe you cant obtain celebi in s/g/c. well i have a celebi on my game, i traded with my friend.

although im not entirely sure how he obtained it, I HAVE IT and thats all that matters. so yes you can actually have celebi on s/g/c.

~ Colin (FinalAwakening)

Psychic
16th March 2007, 4:58 AM
hey guys, im new to this forum/site, and i havnt read through this ENTIRE thread but i have skimmed and it appears that most people believe you cant obtain celebi in s/g/c. well i have a celebi on my game, i traded with my friend.

although im not entirely sure how he obtained it, I HAVE IT and thats all that matters. so yes you can actually have celebi on s/g/c.

~ Colin (FinalAwakening)
Well, yeah. My cousin got a Celebi from his friend, and he then traded it over to me. All in English version.

But I'm sure that his friend got the Celebi through a Nintendo Event, GameShark or other illegal means. You CAN have Celebi, the game is programmed that you have have one, you just can't obtain it legally unless through a Nintendo Event.

In other words, we already knew that. :P

~Psychic

squirrel boy
21st March 2007, 2:57 PM
yeah no more retarted posts!!!

AncientMew
27th March 2007, 5:41 PM
Me and my friend are planning to crack open a spare silver version ans mess about with the circuit boards untill we find a way to upload a Celebi on to his crystal verion on a pc emulator and then trade it to gold version and make people pay us Ł1 for a Celebi muhahaha!

we'll probably make Ł2 becuase only about 2 normal people play pokemon at our school, ah well such is life.

paco81
28th March 2007, 11:38 AM
This Celebi Trick only work in the Crystal Version (Celebi Trick for Gold/Silver, coming soon).

The Celebi Trick have 2 minimum requirements:

1. Have gained the Pokemon League.

2. Have a box of the PC of Bill that never we have filled totally (this trick don´t work in the Box1 and it don´t work either if sometime the box of the PC in that we are going to make the trick, were full). The ideal is have a box that never we have used.

For obtain a Celebi we needed:

1. A bad clone pokemon ("?????").

2. A pokemon with the Beat Up attack.

Why Beat Up attack?

For obtain any pokemon or item with this trick, will depend of the Hex value (HEX) of an attack pokemon and the Beat Up attack agrees with the HEX value of Celebi (FB HEX), Sneasel is only pokemon that learns this attack by level (to lv57).

Now, I am going to explain the trick with an example for that it is easier to understand, is only necessary to consider that we will need different pokemon attacks that agree with HEX value of pokemon or item that we want.

A pokemon can learn 4 attacks at the most, then when activating the trick we will be able to obtain 4 different pokemon and 4 different items. We will need a clone pokemon that has the necessary attacks by each pokemon or item which we want.

For the example I used:

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3928/ataquesea6.png

- To 4 Sneasel lv57 with the following attacks.

1. Acid Armor
2. Splash
3. Beat Up
4. Reflect

For obtain:

Acid Armor = 97 HEX = Mew = Dragon Scale
Splash = 96 HEX = Mewtwo = Mystery Berry
Beat Up = FB HEX = Celebi = HM 09
Reflect = 73 HEX = Kangaskhan = GS Ball

Activating the Celebi Trick:

1. In a box of the PC that never we have used, we deposited to the 4 Sneasel lv57 in the first positions.

2. In the position 5 we deposited to a Sneasel lv57 bad clone (Sneasel "?????") and in the 6 to another Sneasel or some other pokemon that no longer we are going to use. Then we save the game inside of first pokemon center and we reset the game.

3. When reinitiating, we do the necessary thing to enter in the box with the Withdraw option, until we see sprite of Kingdra nv62. Now we pressed the cursor downwards (and sometimes the A or B button) to see sprite of another Kingdra (we will notice that it is another Kingdra because the sprite will change of level), we continued pressing the cursor downwards until arriving at sprite of the Kingdra of position 6 (we remember that in the box have a total of 6 pokemon).

4. THIS step is the that activates the trick, one time we are in sprite of the Kingdra of position 6, we pressed the cursor again downwards and now the CANCEL word also will be transformed into a Kingdra (no longer it will pass nothing here if we return to press the cursor downwards), one time that the CANCEL word has been transformed into Kingdra, we pressed the A button and will appear the Withdraw/Stats/Release options, we used the Withdraw option and the Kingdra/Cancel will go away to the party. When doing that, the Sneasel which they were in the box now will call NEASEL and will be equipped.

5. Before of retire all the Sneasel, most recommendable it is to eliminate the Kingdra/Cancel that appeared in party (using the PC of Oak before, to avoid the annoyance of which the screen becomes in blank and transforms the sprites of the others pokemon).

6. Now we removed to first to bad clone Sneasel, with this, the Sneasel that is in the box will be called EASEL, now we retired to the other Sneasel with the exception of the last pokemon and will see that by each Sneasel that we are retiring, those that are they will be losing a letter (ASEL, SEL, EL).

Celebi Trick video:

Celebi.zip 15 MB (15765 KB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/21594594/Celebi.zip.html

One time that we retired to the 4 Sneasel and to bad clone Sneasel ("?????"), in the party they will be seen thus:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9219/partypm9.png

- The bad clone Sneasel that we retired first, will be in lv1, we will see that the Acid Armor attack (that was in the first position) disappeared and was transformed into an equipped item (the equivalent one to their HEX value, that in this case was a Dragon Scale), the other attacks crossed a place upwards and it appeared to him a new attack of the anything. This Sneasel in battle you go away like a Missingno. The recommendable thing is that to this Sneasel we clear the equipped item to him and we eliminate it so that does not cause annoyances.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9341/sneasel1anv5.png http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7712/sneasel1bce3.png http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2775/sneasel1cbm9.png

- The second Sneasel that we retired, is called EASEL, will be in lv100, we will see that the Splash attack (that was in the first position) disappeared and was transformed into an equipped item (the equivalent one to their HEX value, that in this case was a Mystery Berry), the other attacks crossed a place upwards and it appeared to him a new attack of the anything. This Sneasel in battle is a Mew (the Dragon Scale that it had equipped, it disappeared and it transformed to Sneasel into pokemon equivalent to his HEX value, that in this case is Mew).

http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/9480/sneasel2axp4.png http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/9323/sneasel2bvb9.png http://img454.imageshack.us/img454/9471/sneasel2clt4.png

- The third Sneasel that we retired, is called ASEL, will be in lv1, we will see that the Beat Up attack (that was in the first position) disappeared and was transformed into an equipped item (the equivalent one to their HEX value, that in this case was a HM09), the other attacks crossed a place upwards and it appeared to him a new attack of the anything. This Sneasel in battle is a Mewtwo (the Mystery Berry that it had equipped, it disappeared and it transformed to Sneasel into pokemon equivalent to his HEX value, that in this case is Mewtwo).

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7375/sneasel3axc3.png http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/5630/sneasel3bmd6.png http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8035/sneasel3cpu1.png

- The fourth Sneasel that we retired, is called SEL, will be in lv1, we will see that the Reflect attack (that was in the first position) disappeared and was transformed into an equipped item (the equivalent one to their HEX value, that in this case was a GS BALL), the other attacks crossed a place upwards and it appeared to him a new attack of the anything. This Sneasel in battle is a CELEBI (the HM09 that it had equipped, it disappeared and it transformed to Sneasel into pokemon equivalent to his HEX value, that in this case is Celebi).

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7889/sneasel4aza2.png http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/9355/sneasel4btj6.png http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8618/sneasel4cum3.png

- The fifth Sneasel that we retired, is called EL, will be in lv1, we will see that the Submission attack (that was in the first position) disappeared and was transformed into an equipped item (the equivalent one to their HEX value, that in this case was a Red Scale), the other attacks crossed a place upwards and it appeared to him a new attack of the anything. This Sneasel in battle is a Kangaskhan (the Ball GS that it had equipped, it disappeared and it transformed to Sneasel into pokemon equivalent to his HEX value, that in this case is Kangaskhan).

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9223/sneasel5ahe4.png http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4914/sneasel5bnf9.png http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8021/sneasel5cys4.png

NOTES:

- NOT all the pokemon will appear in the same levels like in the example, some could appear in different levels.

- For completely finish the transformation of a pokemon, it is necessary to deposit it in the Day-care center and him retire. If a pokemon appears in lv1, before of depositing it in the Day-care center it is necessary raise to level 2 with a Rare Candy, if we deposited it in lv1, when we retired it from the Day-care center will appear directly in lv100.

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/2236/sneasel6aqm6.png http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1499/sneasel6bww3.png http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/3038/sneasel6cyi7.png
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9877/sneasel6dlb6.png http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/3215/sneasel6ecs0.png

- The first 4 pokemon that we retire, will appear with Pokerus.

- The pokemon that we obtain thanks to the Celebi Trick, no longer we will be able to change the name to him with the tutor of names, because they appear with different ID Number.

- To solve a little the problem of the names, they could make this before making the Celebi Trick:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9249/nombreskn1.png

CelebiA.zip 2.78 MB (2915 KB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/21599955/CelebiA.zip.html

- Depending of that pokemon is in the last position of the box in that we made the Celebi Trick, perhaps the trick works without the Sneasel loses the letters when we retired them to party. This happens when the pokemon that is in the last position is of very high level and is trained.

- In case that we have a pokemon that causes that the Sneasel don´t lose letters, then we can make the following to solve the problem of the names:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2869/nombres2zb6.png

CelebiB.zip 3 MB (3155 KB)

http://rapidshare.com/files/21600596/CelebiB.zip.html

IMPORTANT:

- If we want that the Celebi Trick follows activated, NEVER it has that retire totally to all pokemon of the box in which we made the trick and NEVER it has that use the option DEPOSIT to leave to pokemon in that box, if we do that, the trick will be deactivated.

- The only form in which the trick could get to fail, would be in case that we make it in a box that already had been used previously.

In case of not counting on a box that never we have used to make the trick:

Although we do not see it at first, the game remembers the maxim amount of pokemon that has occupied a box (although we have eliminated them or moved to empty it).
For example, if in the box in which we are going to make the trick, the maxim amount of pokemon that it has had that box is 10, so that the trick works, at the time of making the trick, we must have 10 pokemon in the box including the pokemon that we are going to use for the trick. Remembering that the Kingdra/Cancel now will be more down.

What is a "??????" pokemon?

Basically is a bad clone pokemon (who sometimes have tried the trick of the clone pokemon in the Crystal version, more surely is than already they have seen one, since it is very common that it appears).

Images of a bad clone pokemon:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4788/crystal1uk1.png http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2530/crystal2dj0.png

A bad clone pokemon only we can obtain it in a box of the PC that never we have filled totally (if sometimes the box of the PC had 20 pokemon, then in that box we will not be able to obtain a bad clone pokemon).

How obtain a bad clone pokemon?

In order to obtain a bad clone pokemon, we must make the steps of the clone trick (deposit to 1 or more pokemon in a box of PC and to make the change of box) and turn off the GB without giving time to the game to clone correctly to pokemon, that is to say, we must turn off to the GB a smallest moment after it appears the finish point (.) of phrase "SAVING DON´T TURN OFF THE POWER." while becomes the change box.

- Advice to obtain a bad clone pokemon more easily:

For some reason, it is much more easy to obtain a bad clone pokemon, cloning pokemon in the last positions of a box (from the 15 to the 19 aprox.), reason why it is necessary to clone pokemon in those positions, turning off the GB with timing necessary and if in case that we arrive at position 19 without obtaining a bad clone pokemon, it is necessary to eliminate 4 or 5 clones of the box and to continue trying.

IMPORTANT:

- To obtain a bad clone pokemon without calculating timing, it is necessary to do the clonation of the Crystal version, using the GB Tower of the Pokemon Stadium 2, is not needed timing here since always we will obtain a bad clone pokemon with no need to calculate.

Why is necessary a bad clone pokemon?

When we put to a bad clone pokemon in one of the first 5 positions of a box, when trying to enter this box by means of the Withdraw option, the screen will be put in blank and will the follow:

Here there will be a small problem, when being the screen in blank and to try to enter the box, the game could stop and we will have to reinitiate to return to try it. In order to avoid that the game stop when entering the box, it is necessary to make a small step. Before entering the box, we used the option "Change Box" and go to the "NAME" option, we entered and we left without doing nothing, now we tried to enter the box and the screen will be in blank, now we will only have to press a pair of times the A button and will put to enter the box without no problem.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2945/crystal2axh5.png http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3500/crystal2bvh7.png

If we managed to enter the box, first that we will see is sprite of a Kingdra nv62.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4175/crystal3lp5.png

- In case that we have a bad clone pokemon in the first positions of the box or in the party and if then we do not want that it is transforming sprites of ours pokemon or that puts the screen in blank, before entering the box, we must accede to the PC of Oak, use any item or go to another different route, with this a bad clone pokemon no longer it will cause problems and be able to treat as any other pokemon and will remain thus until we reinitiate the game (this is useful to save the annoyances that can cause a bad clone pokemon in case that we want it to change of place or to eliminate it).

This is a translation of my spanish post using the google translator (I fixed somes words). For a translation more exact, we try translate my spanish post to 100%.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=208172

dror
29th March 2007, 1:58 PM
OMFG does this really works? i read it but i didnt understand alot of it cause of your english not that good mate no offense though btw is there a way to do that in gold/silver too?

paco81
31st March 2007, 10:09 AM
That trick really works, if it were saying lies, would not have taken me the work to try to translate it.

That trick only works in the Crystal version, to obtain a Celebi in Gold/Silver exists another method.

-Dragon-
31st March 2007, 10:20 AM
If that works... I will be eternally thankful.... I can finally finish my 2nd Gen 'Dex...

AncientMew
31st March 2007, 10:54 AM
That trick really works, if it were saying lies, would not have taken me the work to try to translate it.

That trick only works in the Crystal version, to obtain a Celebi in Gold/Silver exists another method.
Do you know the method to obtain Celebi in Gold and Silver versions?

dror
31st March 2007, 12:12 PM
paco can you tell us how to obtain celebi in gold/silver? i mean whats the method

P_S_B
31st March 2007, 12:53 PM
Another way to get Celebi that would theoretically work, is to get Celebi's hex value, and perform the Mew Glitch in red blue or yellow to catch the corresponding glitch pokemon and somehow get it to trade to Gold or Silver.

dror
31st March 2007, 1:55 PM
Another way to get Celebi that would theoretically work, is to get Celebi's hex value, and perform the Mew Glitch in red blue or yellow to catch the corresponding glitch pokemon and somehow get it to trade to Gold or Silver.

if you mean missingno. it wont work already tried to trade it to gold silver and crystal and it says it cant trade it cause its not a pokemon

P_S_B
2nd April 2007, 11:40 AM
I believe that it does work on rare occasions. I think if someone was that desparate to get Celebi they would be willing to try over and over again.

~Bent~
2nd April 2007, 4:05 PM
I believe that it does work on rare occasions. I think if someone was that desparate to get Celebi they would be willing to try over and over again.Nope, GSC actually has quite a glitch protection system. The only Pokemon that can be traded over from RBY are the 151 normal Pokemon. They can easily tell the difference (it was a necessity, actually, since RBY was so sloppily coded that all the Pokemon had different hex values).

heliopath
15th May 2007, 5:35 AM
You lot will probably not beleive it, but on my cyrstal version (have long since started a new game) i don't know if its australia's version or sumthing, but in the main storyline you actually get the gs ball to show to kurt... not only that but you can keep it afterwards... though i didn't get my cyrstal version untill early 2002-3 ruby was already out but i bought one of the last made copies... you could get celebi in it, without any cheats, meh i have no pictures of it to show u. and i only have a NDS now so sorry folks, but it is true

RaiBlade
16th June 2007, 5:39 PM
Well,I Got my Legit Celebi in Crystal From The Shrine in Ilex Forest.
Mobiles and such ^^

muckers
18th June 2007, 12:01 PM
Nope, GSC actually has quite a glitch protection system. The only Pokemon that can be traded over from RBY are the 151 normal Pokemon. They can easily tell the difference (it was a necessity, actually, since RBY was so sloppily coded that all the Pokemon had different hex values).

Actually, it is possible to trade Missingno. over - I've done it before, and I think it became a Smeargle?

Anyway, I think it's hit and miss - sometimes you can trade but sometimes you can't, since Missingno. varies so much what with being a glitch 'Pokemon' an' all...

~Bent~
19th June 2007, 1:35 AM
Actually, it is possible to trade Missingno. over - I've done it before, and I think it became a Smeargle?

Anyway, I think it's hit and miss - sometimes you can trade but sometimes you can't, since Missingno. varies so much what with being a glitch 'Pokemon' an' all...Yeah, you're right. GSC only blocks GSC glitch Pokemon from trading to RBY, not RBY glitch Pokemon being traded to GSC. x_x

AncientMew
29th June 2007, 8:07 PM
doesn't missingno's HEX depend on your name?
So if you chose the right name for your character that makes missingno 251 you may get a Celebi?

Demon-gamer
7th July 2007, 8:55 AM
You lot will probably not beleive it, but on my cyrstal version (have long since started a new game) i don't know if its australia's version or sumthing, but in the main storyline you actually get the gs ball to show to kurt... not only that but you can keep it afterwards... though i didn't get my cyrstal version untill early 2002-3 ruby was already out but i bought one of the last made copies... you could get celebi in it, without any cheats, meh i have no pictures of it to show u. and i only have a NDS now so sorry folks, but it is true

i think that is the Japan version caus i live in australia and i wish that would happen? u can get gs ball in japan version after you get all 16 badges and elite 4 and crap like that.

VKM
22nd August 2007, 2:10 AM
I had a legit Celebi, back when I was a little boy. I hate that damned auto game reset thing where it made me start a new game. That's when I lost it.

aquajet16
2nd May 2008, 1:44 PM
But my friend said he caught a Celebi by CUT-ting the shrine with an Ivysaur and he said that a Celebi appeared to him.

Is he lying? or is this a gameshark?

IIMarckus
2nd May 2008, 4:38 PM
But my friend said he caught a Celebi by CUT-ting the shrine with an Ivysaur and he said that a Celebi appeared to him.

Is he lying? or is this a gameshark?Lying is the most likely option. Cutting the shrine does nothing, no matter whether you use an Ivysaur or not. If you were to use a Gameshark, you could get a Celebi instantly (I don't know of any codes that affect Cut that way).

richjohnny
24th May 2008, 7:51 AM
EVERYONE READ: THE GAME HAS BEEN HACKED TO DEATH AND THERE IS NO WAY IN CATCHING CELEBI WITH THE GAME ALONE.

Today, the only way to catch Celebi is with a Cheating Device. The Japanese can't do it anymore because I'm sure their Mobile Phone thing is out of service. When the game was first released you could do it, but not today; As Pokemon Crystal along with all Gameboy Color Games are no longer being made.

-Ova and Out!

IIMarckus
25th May 2008, 3:06 AM
The Japanese can't do it anymore because I'm sure their Mobile Phone thing is out of service.Indeed, it's been shut down for several years now. That's quite unfortunate. :(

richjohnny
25th May 2008, 9:19 AM
I believe their should be a link in the front page of How to catch Celebi in the english version of Crystal thats on the main site. Celebi was meant to happen but Kids with Mobile Phones was Rare outside Japan. Using the Cheating Device to get the GS Ball shouldn't really pose a problem.

ZFG
30th May 2008, 8:35 AM
EVERYONE READ: THE GAME HAS BEEN HACKED TO DEATH AND THERE IS NO WAY IN CATCHING CELEBI WITH THE GAME ALONE.

Today, the only way to catch Celebi is with a Cheating Device.

WRONG!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BIz1RAg25yM

Chaos Rush
5th June 2008, 4:35 AM
WRONG!

I knew something like that a long time ago...but the person who I remember discovering that glitch spoke only Spanish, so he used Google translator, and not much people understood what he said. But now thanks to that video, I can understand the glitch clearly.

To bad I don't have an N64...I think I should just make the Celebi on my brother's Silver version, then trade it to mine, then restart his Silver version to delete the glitch Pokemon. I've also once gotten a Lv0 Bad Clone Pokemon once, but that was when I was like, 9 years old, and it freaked me out so much that I never cloned again.......UNTIL I GOT MY HANDS ON POKEMON EMERALD, MWAHAHAHA!!!!

Mr.Riolu
29th June 2008, 1:49 PM
Compare The HP of Celebi And Typhloshion
Celebi Had More HP Than Typhlosion And That Goes For Mew It Has Also more HP . both Mew And Celebi when they r at level 100 Their HP are in 300 and Higher

Lee19993
30th June 2008, 2:12 AM
WRONG!

using this glitch i got a lvl 100 Celebi that knew karate chop X2
belly drumb
and disable
wtf

BoneBurry
11th July 2008, 3:04 PM
hahaha it might come in handy the 2 karate chops :P
maybe you need one more karate chop and then is celebi your friend :P:P

Ryze
11th July 2008, 4:41 PM
Lmao, I wish you didn't need Pokemon Stadium to make a bad clone :(

Chaos Rush
16th August 2008, 5:43 AM
Lmao, I wish you didn't need Pokemon Stadium to make a bad clone :(
You don't its just easier that way.

Since I didn't have Pokemon Stadium, I did this:

1. Once I got a Celebi, I traded it to my brother's Silver version.
2. I started over Gold, and I deleted my save file by pressing Up + Select + B to make sure I rid of all glitches.
3. Once I was far enough, I traded Celebi back to my Gold version.

The result? THIS!

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6789/p1010026jh6.jpg
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1694/p1010027ka7.jpg
(The pictures were taken on my GameCube since I have a GameBoy Player accessory on my GameCube :P)

It took me a DAY to get a bad clone. A whole day wasted...anyways, once I got it, Celebi was Lv1 (Yes, Lv1). I gave it a Rare Candy to make it Lv2...anyways, in the pics it was Lv8.

Celebi251
18th August 2008, 3:58 AM
wait...so i have the japanese version of crystal...if i got a mobile phone thing could i get the GS ball?

mew801
18th August 2008, 5:27 AM
i love celebi its so cute and sweet!

Nyx
18th August 2008, 9:45 AM
Celebi is cool and all but>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>;492;

Dig-kun
18th August 2008, 3:18 PM
This is not fair
Why do the Japanese always get everything
It´s just at the Japanese that we get GSC Celebi
Just at the Japanese that we get Colosseum Bonus Disk Celebi

><
This is really sad

IIMarckus
22nd August 2008, 4:34 AM
This is not fair
Why do the Japanese always get everything
It´s just at the Japanese that we get GSC Celebi
Just at the Japanese that we get Colosseum Bonus Disk Celebi

><
This is really sadMaybe because, oh, the game is made in Japan?

Omega10234
23rd August 2008, 4:59 PM
Well i have a celebi which is lv 100 and alot of other lv 100s il trade and arceus for a jirachi!

(s.i.e)
24th August 2008, 2:02 PM
Well i have a celebi which is lv 100 and alot of other lv 100s il trade and arceus for a jirachi!

*facepalm*

anyway, for what i have came for.
it's a good thing this tread is still here, there are lots of rumors aound about celebi and god knows who are making these things up.

it's just an idea but maybe there should be a spioler or something with all te rumore and how they are right or wrong, it might clear some things up.

IIMarckus
24th August 2008, 5:48 PM
it's just an idea but maybe there should be a spioler or something with all te rumore and how they are right or wrong, it might clear some things up.Or you could just say "all of them are wrong except when they involve a Gameshark or the Mobile Adapter."

Chaos Rush
28th August 2008, 9:52 PM
Or you could just say "all of them are wrong except when they involve a Gameshark or the Mobile Adapter."
Apparently you guys have not heard of the Hex glitch.
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6789/p1010026jh6.jpg
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1694/p1010027ka7.jpg
(The pictures were taken on my GameCube since I have a GameBoy Player accessory on my GameCube :P)

Sheesh, wasn't the original discovery of the hex glitch covered a year ago (In the same thread, too)?

mew801
29th August 2008, 2:03 AM
the only reason i have celebi is that my friend in japan got one adn traded it to me cause she is the man!!

Slowking[George]
27th September 2008, 3:08 PM
Celebi should have been in the games.

TurtwigFan1
27th September 2008, 10:41 PM
Celebi is really cute and I wish it was easier to get hold of!

mew801
28th September 2008, 1:29 AM
i reakon!! it took me ages to get my celebi. the only reason i got it was because my friend from japan gave it to me.

The Power of Pika
28th September 2008, 3:48 AM
Nice AR....
Be careful of what you say. I've done the glitch aswell. Same as many people on gamefaqs and the glitch boards. I am honestly surprised that this hasn't taken off like the mew glitch.

These are all the info. There's 2 versions for it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIz1RAg25yM

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=375087&topic=43356065

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=375087&topic=44661694

The original site that discovered it.
http://glitchcity.info/docs/celebitrick

The orginal version that had to be decifered and made simpler which eventually lead to the later easier versions. The first version was so complicated originally. It just shows how progress when research happens.
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=1065.0

I was one of the ones helping in the research of the egg version on gamefaqs.

Palamon
1st November 2008, 7:49 PM
The only way to get celebi is by an event >_> but wha kind of event

shiny dvilla
7th November 2008, 7:57 PM
Be careful of what you say. I've done the glitch aswell. Same as many people on gamefaqs and the glitch boards. I am honestly surprised that this hasn't taken off like the mew glitch.

These are all the info. There's 2 versions for it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIz1RAg25yM

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=375087&topic=43356065

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=375087&topic=44661694

The original site that discovered it.
http://glitchcity.info/docs/celebitrick

The orginal version that had to be decifered and made simpler which eventually lead to the later easier versions. The first version was so complicated originally. It just shows how progress when research happens.
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=1065.0

I was one of the ones helping in the research of the egg version on gamefaqs.

yeah, that glitch's true, there's no AR behind..., congrats for your celebi, cis I don't understand the glitch...so complicated.
Meh, I have a shiny Lugia ^^

Yogurt
24th November 2008, 12:35 AM
How can they put it in the pokedex when they don't even put it in the games :|

pkmnhippy
24th November 2008, 12:51 AM
How can they put it in the pokedex when they don't even put it in the games :|

What do you mean? If you want Celebi that bad you can hack it, it's not that special, Lugia, Ho-oh and Mewtwo are stronger in stat total, so Celebi is quite pointless if you play Pok&#233;mon that way.
Celebi is an event, so it can give a challenge to collectors, if Celebi was in game, no one would care about it, there's not that much challenge in completing the Pok&#233;dex without events, and they're not needed, just a little extra for us collectors.

Also, Australia had a Celebi event.
Wait, wasn't Celebi in game in Japanese copys of Crystal?

MSKC
6th December 2008, 2:00 AM
Ok,I was looking at a site that had GSC cheats and hints and found one on Celebi.Here's what it says:

Get celebi:
It is true, you can get celebi, and its very easy, all you need is a male meganuim and a female Alakazam!

Breed the meganuim and the alakazam together and when the egg hatches, celebi pops out!

(note: you may lose your meganuim or alakazam, but it is well worth it.)

I dont think this is true but Im not too sure.Is this true?

I also found this one:

OK. Some people say that there is no way in the world to get a Celebi without a gameshark or Nin. rep. but there really is and i have figured it out

The way is to get all 250 pokemon and then after that you go and speak to Professor Oak (Pallet Town, Kanto) then he will give you a GS Ball.

After you get the GS Ball go back to Johto and go back to Ilex Forest and you go to the bush that needs to be cut near the enterance and go to the shrine.

Put the GS Ball inside the shirne and you will have the chance to battle to fight the one and only Celebi (save your game before placing the GS Ball inside of the shrine cause this is your only chance to get Celebi)

Is this one true?

That is not true at all....a couple of years ago, I had all 251 Pokemon (got my Mew from a glitch in Yellow and Celebi from a friend. Although, I later found out that it was hacked because it knew impossible moves.) and all 16 badges, I defeated the Pokemon League 195 times (mostly because I like training my Pokemon to Lv100), defeated Red 42 times, and Professor Oak never did give me a GS ball. (Yeah, I read that cheat on supercheats.com back then and tried it. Didn't work, but it helped me complete the game.)

MSKC
6th December 2008, 2:23 AM
There is a way to glitch your game to get celebi similar to jap. versions.
When ever you use a glitch or code or whatever (usually when the glitch messes up a bit) sometimes an item called the teru samma will be held by a pokemon in the glitch or in your items(depending what you do) like when you use a code to get the last pokemon prof. elm has sometimes it holds the teru samma. or when you copy a pokemon they get a different name and hold the teru samma. btw the teru samma is the american version of the gs ball. then you can go to to the shrine and fight celebi but sometimes IT is a glitchy box.
this btw goes back to the remnants of these games. teru samma might have been in the american versions but they are in the jap. version and taken out in the american version.

0.0 THAT'S WHAT THAT IS?!?!?! When I got my Celebi (I got it in a trade) there were a bunch of "TERU-SAMA"'s in my items pouch. (Like I said, I didn't know my Celebi was hacked/glitched until after I got. It's moves were IMPOSSIBLE! It knew Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, and Fly!)

MSKC
6th December 2008, 2:45 AM

Glitch City is not an actual city! It's basically the game glitching all over the place, so much that it's completely unrecognizable! People just call it 'Glitch City' for easier communication. (It's kinda annoying to say 'you know when the game gets all glitchy and stuff and there's blocks of random numbers and letters and patches from other buildings scattered here and there?') There are different ways to make the game do that, and people do it because it can have funny outcomes (like in a video I saw earlier on youtube, someone glitched their game and they kept talking to this black-and-white girl who kept turning around in circles and she kept saying stuff like "?????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!aaty### ########!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oooooop"

It's just funny sometimes. The only bad part is that it can crash the game...

Chaos Rush
10th December 2008, 11:38 PM
Nice AR....
I don't have an AR, its the Hex glitch. Its on the Glitch City site, and there's a YouTube video on how to do it (seriously, don't jump to conclusions like that, if you noticed my post said that I used the Hex glitch, >_>).

That's the video I followed to get Celebi, it specifically says no AR or Gameshark, DUH.

shadowtomb987
14th December 2008, 9:10 PM
Yeah, it isn't fair.

shadowtomb987
14th December 2008, 9:10 PM
They should have made a way for you to get Celebi in the other games, as well.

MrPerson0
2nd February 2009, 9:30 PM
Yeah, it's possible to get Celebi without Gameshark or AR. As others have shown, just do what this vid does:

I've been able to do that on both my Silver and Crystal versions, and the Celebi caused no harm to any of them.

Blazamane
27th February 2009, 1:54 AM
What do you mean? If you want Celebi that bad you can hack it, it's not that special, Lugia, Ho-oh and Mewtwo are stronger in stat total, so Celebi is quite pointless if you play Pokémon that way.
Celebi is an event, so it can give a challenge to collectors, if Celebi was in game, no one would care about it, there's not that much challenge in completing the Pokédex without events, and they're not needed, just a little extra for us collectors.

Also, Australia had a Celebi event.
Wait, wasn't Celebi in game in Japanese copys of Crystal?

Confirmed I know there was one in Melbourne as my cousin went to it and showed me his Celebi

Kukem
6th March 2009, 6:08 PM
Celebi was the only Pokemon I was never able to get in my GSC days. If I have the time, I may try the youtube glitch.... seems interesting.

DemonFart
23rd March 2009, 7:43 PM
celebi is okay...im not 2 fond of it.

Pokemon Trainer Brandon
3rd April 2009, 8:54 AM
Yes, I have to indeed done the Celebi egg trick. It was a process that took a while but I managed to correctly perform the trick. You need alot of open storage boxes and you need to clone sneasels and the sneasels need to know the move "beat up". I wish I could cite the trick word for word but its a long process that I really don't remember in order. The best thing you can do is go to youtube and watch videos on the egg trick. This is how I performed it correctly.

Slowking[George]
3rd April 2009, 5:51 PM
I tried it once on my friend's cartridge, but sadly it failed. I think I made a mistake when I was switching the boxes around. Not sure though.

shiny dvilla
21st April 2009, 7:32 PM
I don't understand the Celebi glitch too well. Do you need anything else apart from a Game Boy and a Pokemon Silver game?

Skull_Kid
18th May 2009, 2:27 PM
No, you don't... There's a faq for it in Bulbapedia and Glitch City Labs.

I've done it, and it's pretty awesome, specially because you can get pretty much any pok&#233;mon.

a pok&#233;mon with splash as its third move instead of beat up, will end up as a mewtwo, at the end of the glitch, and, if the fourth move of any pok&#233;mon used during the glitch is Reflect, you can get the GS Ball:)

shiny dvilla
18th May 2009, 5:30 PM
But how can I make a bad clone without pokemon Stadium?

Skull_Kid
22nd May 2009, 4:15 PM
Basicly,you have to rely on luck, sometimes, if you reset one or two seconds earlier, it works, it all depends on luck, to get the bad clone

~Spacial_Rendation~
30th May 2009, 5:10 AM
Here is a video on the Celebi Glitch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIz1RAg25yM.

Quite interesting.

Edit: Demmit. Beaten x4.