PDA

View Full Version : Caterpie's Big Dilemma (419)

Serebii
8th September 2005, 3:46 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/419.jpgCaterpie's Big Dilemma

Enroute to Saffron City, Ash & Co. meet up with a professor who has been studying a Caterpie and it's evolutions, however in his experiments he has made the Caterpie and thus it's evolutions, giant sized. Team Rocket however have snuck in and decided to make their Pokémon increase in size to steal Pokémon. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/419.shtml)

Discuss

Medea
8th September 2005, 6:43 PM
Wow, this has the makings of Gulpin It Down written all over it!

EDIT: Cool first post...(not like it matters)

The Big Al
8th September 2005, 7:09 PM
The Mystery: What the writers were smoking when they came up with this episode.

The Marvel: How horrible the Battle Frontier Arc has been since the battle factory.

Serebii
8th September 2005, 7:28 PM
Oh please...everything on tv nowadays is a plot done before...its not the plot that matters its the execution and I have noticed people on the forums saying that while the plots seem rehashed the execution according to them is done well

ghost master
8th September 2005, 11:14 PM

EDIT: Cool first post...(not like it matters) seeings how the the plot has been used time and time again in pokemon way before Gulpin it down. So as serebii said before it doesn't matter about the plot being rehashed its the way it's executed since Gulpin it Down seemed good enough for people to disregard all the other episodes about giant pokemon harming the city.

The Mystery: What the writers were smoking when they came up with this episode.

The Marvel: How horrible the Battle Frontier Arc has been since the battle factory. i dont get it. people complain that the episode titles reveal way too much and are bland but, when they do something creative they completly bash it.

watchermark
9th September 2005, 12:00 AM
I have to know... is Dustox still with Jessie, or has it made it's exit?

Thriller
9th September 2005, 12:10 AM
On BMG, Zak said Ash maybe did mention his Butterfree and Dustox DID NOT leave.

JazzJazz
9th September 2005, 12:24 AM
Zak said Ash maybe did mention his Butterfree

Nah, not possible, the apocalypse isn't here yet...

ghost master
9th September 2005, 1:19 AM
On BMG, Zak said Ash maybe did mention his Butterfree and Dustox DID NOT leave.Where? not that i don't believe you but, I've been on the site and I'm still looking for where he said that.

Tifa
9th September 2005, 1:21 AM
Nah, not possible, the apocalypse isn't here yet...

Huh o.O What in the world are you going onabout

The Big Al
9th September 2005, 1:31 AM
That the writers actually remembered something Ash did years ago.

Alfonso
9th September 2005, 1:38 AM
Where? not that i don't believe you but, I've been on the site and I'm still looking for where he said that.

He said it on the forums.

greatfire
9th September 2005, 6:52 PM
This episode is another pointless filler. The only plot-related event that happened is that they are finally in Saffron.
The mysterious thing about the evolution is that Caterpie evolved into Metapod because it climbed into Saffron Tower and evolved into Butterfree just by sitting at the top of it (well, more exactly in the middle because the upper part was destroyed due to the extra weight) and it was marvelous because of the size of the pokemon but that is all.
The only funny moment was when Giant Cacnea tried to embrace James and instead crushed him... well, it is not really that funny but this episode is boring.

V Faction
9th September 2005, 7:25 PM
For those who felt giant Butterfree and Dustox were a little wonky, I suggest you read this (http://fathom.lib.uchicago.edu/2/21701757/). Long, but a good read.

The only thing good was Cacnea's James smoosh.

The Big Al
9th September 2005, 8:19 PM
This episode had scary resemblance to that episode of "Krypto the Superdog" where the lizard used a growth ray on a Caterpiller to make it a bigger meal. Big bug going down the streets and stuff.

It was relatively bad filler. Cacnea crushing james into the pavement was funny but beyond that, meh.

jolteonjak
9th September 2005, 10:15 PM
I just saw the pics of the episode. I'm sorry. I want to say its cool because of Butterfree, but I can't. It looks like a major snooze-fest. This title could have been used for something more appropriate.

JazzJazz
9th September 2005, 10:19 PM
This title could have been used for something more appropriate.

Could the same not also be same for the time & effort of the writers/animators?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
9th September 2005, 10:21 PM
Saw the first 4 pages of pictures and left the rest. Too boring. I don't think I should waste my time watching this one.

Porygandrew
9th September 2005, 10:36 PM
Hey, at least the marker-jigglypuff isn't dead!

I'm guessing the scientist/inventor makes things based off of pokemon observations (like the super-strong machoke suit, I'm guessing).

FigmentJedi
9th September 2005, 10:54 PM
I see a Mothra reference in the case of Caterpie evolving to Metapod on Saffron Tower. It parallels the Mothra larva's metamorphisis at Tokyo Tower in the 1961 Mothra film...

John's Knight
9th September 2005, 11:48 PM
I've seen the pictures and i think this episode is a little boring, but it's refreshing.... the last time we've saw giant pokemon was back in the indigo series (tentacruel, jigglypuff, gengar, alakazam, dragonite...)

CyberCubed
9th September 2005, 11:49 PM
^ "Gulpin it Down" and giant Claydol episode.

The Big Al
9th September 2005, 11:55 PM
Though the giant Claydol episode was at least funy. Aside from James being embedded in the pavement, this was down right dull.

John's Knight
9th September 2005, 11:57 PM
^ "Gulpin it Down" and giant Claydol episode.

Oh yeh....forgot those! Still, this episode has it's "charm"!!!

S.Suikun
10th September 2005, 12:01 AM
At least it was Haruka who looked up Butterfree in the Pokedex, not Satoshi.

This episode looks like it would have been actually decent if "Gulpin It Down" hadn't done the exact same idea already. And it looks like TR was actually formidable in this one. Though I can't see how this is as bad as...say...the Kingdom of Onix episode.

ghost master
10th September 2005, 12:34 AM
the kingdom of onix was actually a pretty good episode. It also had its funny moments and had squirtle for the first time doing something. Although these past two episodes have been good they've just been bland and really caused me too not pay attention to the minor details anymore. like I did with the first ones. Also this one didnt have mudkip it had a streak going of appearing in the episodes. What was it befor ethis episode 5 or 6 episodes with mudkip in it in a row.

Alfonso
10th September 2005, 12:35 AM
Dustox got some good screentime in this episode.

...I am happy.

Yamato-san
10th September 2005, 3:47 AM
is it just me, or did this episode make mention to Rare Candy? Satoshi or Takeshi (forget which) seemed to exclaim "fushigi na ame" like they knew what it was, even though I don't recall the anime series ever acknowledging its existance. The professor guy then seemed to notify them that it's some kind of enhanced Rare Candy or something along those lines. Anyway, I find it amusing 'cause, considering the anime is rather realistic when it comes to Pokemon levels (just a measure of strength and wisdom from battle experience as opposed to some numerical value), you'd expect that Rare Candy wouldn't even exist.

Zikachu
10th September 2005, 3:58 AM
There are so many episodes were things are growing giant. Next they're going to make one where Ash grows huge. (Sarcasm)

Geodude
10th September 2005, 6:00 AM
Rare Candy obviously does something different, yet similar, in the anime world. Maybe it's some kinda growth hormone. ...Steroids for Pokemon! :p

It was an entertaining episode. That Dr. Gordon was a scene stealer with his Golbat and Machoke outfits. :D

TeddiUrsa
10th September 2005, 10:42 AM
I liked how the prof. put himself to sleep with his purin-karaoke ^^

The episode was a nice B-movie reference and Dustox had a decent amount of scenes which was needed. who knows how long it will stay? Anyway,the mothra allusion was nice. And Team Rocket were a real threat with a good plan this time.

The big Cacnea scene was funny as well. I liked the episode but I haven´t seen the gulpin one..maybe that´s a reason.

and a special yay for the very rare candies ^^
and a special un-yay for the crappy animations ^^"

The Big Al
10th September 2005, 1:52 PM
The mike was designed to simulate Jigglypuff's sleep inducing Sing I guess. Tell me. Why do the scientists on this show seem to be getting dumber?

ChaosMage
10th September 2005, 5:36 PM
The mike was designed to simulate Jigglypuff's sleep inducing Sing I guess. Tell me. Why do the scientists on this show seem to be getting dumber?

I agree. Oak in particular is getting dumber by the second. Then again, Delia has that effect on people.

Aalitichi
10th September 2005, 5:59 PM
From the episode pictures, this does not look like an interesting epi, I think I'll have to wait and see.
But in a few of the pictures and May do look like they're holding hands.

Sushi
10th September 2005, 8:14 PM
Ah. That wasn't as horrible as I expected it to be. Why is everyone saying The Kingdom of Onix was bad by the way? O.o Whatever.

The music was very good, and although I hate this animation team in general, they did...well this time in my opinion.
That little trainer was cute, and seeing him 'interact' with his Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree somehow reminded me of Kanto Ash, although they weren't that similar. Maybe it was just because of that Caterpie...Er, I see I'm not making any sense.

I liked Professor Gordon too, but on the other hand he was too much like the 'typical' Professor stereotype cartoons tend to use.
And yay for Dustox and Cacnea ^_^

Geodude
10th September 2005, 11:01 PM
I liked Professor Gordon too
No, Doctor Gordon. They specifically called him that. :p

I have a question: I noticed that the word "kenkyusion" (sp?) was mentioned repeatedly in the first part of the episode...what does it mean?

Blaziken master
10th September 2005, 11:35 PM
The best thing was the giant dustox and cacnea.The way dustox roared was pretty scary sometimes.

Sushi
10th September 2005, 11:47 PM
No, Doctor Gordon. They specifically called him that. :p
Oh, okay...looks like I haven't been paying attention XD Thanks.

I have a question: I noticed that the word "kenkyusion" (sp?) was mentioned repeatedly in the first part of the episode...what does it mean?
Kenkyuujo (Or however it's romanized) means laboratory. That's why Oak's Laboratory, for example, is called 'Ookido Kenkyuujo'.

Tetsuya-san
11th September 2005, 12:34 PM
This episode surely blends my idea of both funny occurances and the whack mysteries of Pokémon (like the dub can't stop calling it). Hearing Suicune's Rescue theme during the flight scene was fun, but Cacnea squashing James (and not to mention the love symbols it gave) were actually quite funny. An amusing episode.

Gravy
11th September 2005, 5:46 PM
This episode was brilliant by default because CATERPIE was the featured pokémon. If this wasn't the case, then there'd be no biased opinions in this post and I'd have probably passed off this episode as moderatly meh. At best.
Really, as a Caterpie fan, it was awesome to actually see the little bug take its first feature role since way, way back at the begining of the adventure.
I do wish Caterpie could have taken down Seviper all String-Shot style and what-not. You know, wrapping its head up and almost suffocating it, before sending it off with a tackle. Yeah, that would have been a healthy dose of nostalgia, ne?
Though, the part where it grew ten-fold and tore through the roof of Gordon's lab and charged through the city causing chaos and destruction just looked plain awesome. Not to mention toppling that tower over like it was nothing. Now there's a pokémon league competitor. More Caterpie's in this show need to create havoc like that says I.

And whoot, Dustox, being the awesome moth-like fiend that it is, actually gets a pretty neat role. You had to love how the deep voice it has in giant-mode sounded like roaring. Also, hooray for Cacnea.

...thats all I really liked about it. The rest was rather bland.

GoldenNoctowl77
12th September 2005, 2:01 AM
I'm having trouble deciphering what the heck Dr. Gordon is talking about during the scene where he looks up to the video monitor on his head and it shows a car. For those of you that are really good with Japanese, what is going on there?

Yamato-san
12th September 2005, 7:08 AM
in that scene, I think he was saying that he predicted that in the future, humans would be living more easily, which was why a limousine was shown (the fact that a limo driver was shown kinda contradicts that, but I guess even in a utopia, there's fated to be a lowest class).

jynx
13th September 2005, 8:09 PM
Going to Saffron already?

I wish I could see Sabrina soon...

The Big Al
13th September 2005, 10:22 PM
in that scene, I think he was saying that he predicted that in the future, humans would be living more easily, which was why a limousine was shown (the fact that a limo driver was shown kinda contradicts that, but I guess even in a utopia, there's fated to be a lowest class).
Read "Brave New World". Utopia is only for the highest class.

Kanadian Kyuubi
15th September 2005, 7:47 PM
Seems like a big ripoff of not only "The Evolution Solution", but "Gulpin it Down" as well! When will the writers do something unique for us for once?!

My Dub title prediction:

Evolution Control Freak

Lupin
9th October 2005, 9:40 PM
So what were Ash's exact words when/if he recalled his own Butterfree

MidnightScott
9th October 2005, 9:44 PM
It was ok for a filler. I wouldn't be surprised if 4Kids banned the episode when it comes to the US - considering Caterpie destroyed what looks like Tokyo Tower...

~Scott;229;

CyberCubed
9th October 2005, 9:51 PM
Please. :rolleyes:

Flying Tropius
18th October 2005, 3:34 AM
the ultra sized pokemon reminds me of EVAs

WaterDragon trainer
10th June 2006, 4:30 PM
This episode was kind of cool. I thought the part with giant Cacnea flattening James was hilarious. IMO, this episode had several opportunities for a couple of Boss Fantasies.

EmbersBackUpSinger
10th June 2006, 4:31 PM
I just got done watching it! It was so reminding me of Godzilla VS. Mothra without Godzilla. But i rate it *** outa four *

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
10th June 2006, 4:39 PM
The music in this episode was nice, if nothing else. Particularly when Metapod evolved.

Talking of Metapod, though.....Oh GOSH did it change for the worse. It sounds incredibly forced, and far too nasally. Good thing Metapod appearances are few and far between.

My opinion on Xander is kinda skewed. His name is awesome, and so is his hair. But as a character, he bores me somewhat. And his voice was terrible ._.

Caterpie's voice was adorable, and all of its little mannerisms were cute as well.

Dustox appearances are always excellent, of course. Even better, the latter half of the episode focused strongly on it.

Dr. Gordon annoyed me, tbh =/ His voice was horrendous, and his lines were really redundant.

Overall rating:
6.8 out of 10

Another filler, basically. There were some good moments, but that's not enough to save the episode =/

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

pwn3d91
10th June 2006, 4:39 PM
I thought it was okay not too great, but what I want to know is what happened to cacnea? They never showed james call it back into it's pokeball, and it was just never shown again, I was hoping it would evolve

CyberCubed
10th June 2006, 4:47 PM
LOL @ Ash and Brock intently listening to May's Pokedex on info about Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree.

All I say is thank god that May has a Pokedex. If she didn't have one, we'd have Ash looking up all these old Pokemon, and you'd know how ****ed up that would be. At least with May it makes sense, since she's never seen these Pokemon before.

Flame Haze SnS
10th June 2006, 4:48 PM
Just when Officer Jenny had a chance to arrest Team Rocket, Butterfree blew them away in the sky.
As pwn3d91 stated above, Cacnea was never recalled to James pokeball. Maybe the writers or artist made mistake about this one.
Cyber-Cubed, yeah, I noticed this one and I think it's kinda wierd for May to look up the pokedex of each evolutions.

The Big Al
10th June 2006, 5:07 PM
Doc Jordon had the same voice as Prof Cosmos.

About the only thing that save this episode from total medicorety is Canea embedding James into the pavement.

halloweenghost
10th June 2006, 5:44 PM
Just when Officer Jenny had a chance to arrest Team Rocket, Butterfree blew them away in the sky.
As pwn3d91 stated above, Cacnea was never recalled to James pokeball. Maybe the writers or artist made mistake about this one.
Cyber-Cubed, yeah, I noticed this one and I think it's kinda wierd for May to look up the pokedex of each evolutions.

Cacnea was recalled it was just off screen when james was running away he was carrying his pokeball.

But I thought it was a good episode,.. reminded me alot of the first season.. I loved it when Cacnea rolled on James,.. he was like... I love you too......

S.Suikun
10th June 2006, 7:39 PM
I have no idea why everybody hates this episode so much. I mean, sure, it's not as good as "Tentacool and Tentacruel" or "Gulpin It Down" which bear similarities, but it sure as hell is better than that Psyduck filler a few weeks ago IMO. It had an interesting battle that I only wished lasted longer. Metapod's evolution felt a little forced and rushed, and if Caterpie did not want to hurt anybody, it could have stayed in the bloody forest surrounding the labs instead of knocking down bridges and towers in the town, but oh well. But other than tat, this episode did nothing too wrong.

Kamex
10th June 2006, 8:08 PM
Nice to see Caterpie again, I suppose.

Nice how the doctor kept saying something like "...or so they say." at the end of many sentences. Gives him more character.

They said in the episode that Caterpie didn't want to cause much destruction to the city so it went to that tower before it evolved. Actually, staying in the forest sounds like a better idea to me. Besides, I was thinking it went to that huge tower to evolve because it wanted something proportionally bigger than a tree.

Also, Metapod evolved really fast. I knew it would happen, but c'mon... Sure, Metapod evolve fast, but not in half an hour or whatever that was, right? They kinda throw Ash's Metapod's quick evolution in our face by doing this. I hope it had something to do with those crazy steroid-like vitamins it had eaten. O_o

Anyway, nice to see Dustox. It had lots of good airtime this episode.

Yeah. 7/10.

jolteonjak
10th June 2006, 11:07 PM
I guess the best part about this fiasco was Giant Cacnea crushing James. Other than that, there was nothing special about it. Luckily its over with...

grovile
11th June 2006, 12:12 AM
It was a cool episode but next week Contest!

Sono Nanatsu Heika
11th June 2006, 12:12 AM
I just got done watching it! It was so reminding me of Godzilla VS. Mothra without Godzilla. But i rate it *** outa four *

omg me too, all i could think was: holy crap, it's godzilla vs. mothra pokemon style

Reece
11th June 2006, 12:51 AM
This was a great episode. Giant Pokemon and evolution are always entertaining.

Silver Ryu
11th June 2006, 1:30 AM
OMG Poke-steroids! =O

This episode kinda sucked, but for a filler it was OK.

Faerie
11th June 2006, 3:44 AM
Eh. Pretty good eppy overall, although it could have been better. The Sabonea thing was hilarious. C'mon Kojirou, you knew you had it coming. But 'Mysterious Candy' was obviously a mistranslation of what clearly should have been 'Rare Candy'. 4Kids can do better than that.

I wonder when we'll start seeing the episodes dubbed by PUSA.

Judai Yuki
11th June 2006, 3:50 AM
I liked it especially the professer.

Medea
11th June 2006, 5:08 AM
Hmm, I was right, I did post here last year (before my nervous breakdown)

But anyways, I wasn't too fond of this episode. As I said back last September, this episode seemed way too much like Gulpin it Down and it wasn't a good episode either. Although, I will say that I like Doctor Gordon. He seemed weird in a good way (the way I like it).

fhqwhgads
11th June 2006, 9:25 PM
OMGZ LIEK T3H UBER CATERPIE!!1!!1!11!!111!!11!!1
------------------------------------------
>_> Mediocre at best. And what was with the '...or so I've heard.' and '...or so they say.' stuff? And how did Caterpie have a dilemma? But, dub-titles never make sense, do they?

Kamex
11th June 2006, 9:52 PM
And how did Caterpie have a dilemma?
Caterpie's Big Dilemma was that it was big.

Kthleen
11th June 2006, 10:07 PM
And how did Caterpie have a dilemma?Usage problem: Dilemma used to mean that there was a problem with two solutions, both of which sucked. Now people sometimes use it merely to mean "problem." Darn it, if they mean "problem," they should just use the word "problem."

By the way, how is your username pronounced, if it is at all? Or does it stand for something?

Caterpie is so cute! But I wasn't a fan of Dr. Gordon's voice. Other than that, eh.

TotodileCharizard
14th June 2006, 2:22 AM
Overall I thought this was an awesome episode! I liked the Mysterious Candies.....first I thought they were talkin' about the Rare Candies.....Giant Caterpie was so adorable!!! :D

Pinky the Mew
14th June 2006, 3:26 PM
I honestly laughed at the fact that Officer Jenny ignored the damage done to the radio tower.

Yes, it's okay to destroy a city with a pokemon as long as you say sorry and your not EVIL!!

BUHAHAHA!! Come Delcatty let us destroy the DAM!

wobbanut
15th June 2006, 10:56 PM
I liked this episode. I didn't have high hopes going into it, but I ended up enjoying the episode. A lot of it definitely had to do with Dr. Gordon and Team Rocket (in that order, which is highly unusual for me). Not that Xander and his caterpie/metapod/butterfree weren't interesting, but the doctor and TR made the show. Here are my two cents:

-- Yay, hugshipping's confirmed! :D I didn't miss the hearts in Cacnea's eyes when it squashed James. Okay, that sounds just plain weird. LOL But that scene was great. Interesting that it didn't go to hug James until then.
-- Dr. Gordon has got to be the best hostage, human or pokemon, Team Rocket's ever had. Not only doesn't he freak out after Team Rocket take off with him (there's been a few too many characters who freak out for no good reason, like those cutsie nidorans in that OI episode), but he's perfectly calm riding on Dustox and falling through the air. LOL, either that doctor's on something or he's EXTREMELY confident he'll be saved. :D Either way, that was a very refreshing difference. That was the best non-professor (or unofficial professor) in a lab coat I've seen since Seymour and Westwood V.
-- I liked that nearly all of Team Rocket's pokemon got to do something in this motto (poor Chimecho just got its motto cameo). Wobbuffet got the mystery candies, Cacnea battled and grew huge, Dustox had a great battle and lots of screentime, and Seviper fought well in the lab. Awesome. :)
-- Interesting that even with an Officer Jenny in the mix, and a mix of comedy and drama, there was no Brock romance in this episode.
-- I loved the animatronic Jigglypuff microphone and Dr. Gordon accidentally making himself fall asleep. I also liked all of Team Rocket and the doctor being confused after the supersonic attack.

Overall, 8.5/10. Now bring on the haircut!!!

Ashy Boy
23rd June 2006, 10:07 AM
It's a good thing Misty wasn't in this episode. She would be easily freaked out by the giant Caterpie because of her bug phobia.

Battra
5th October 2006, 1:12 AM
I always like it when Pokemon pays homage to the Kaiju Eiga, also Butterfree and Dustox are 2 of my favorite bug pokemon.

C.J. Ray
5th October 2006, 2:12 AM
I'm training a Butterfree in one of my Fire Red games, this bug is a BEAST when I taught it Dream Eater - Sleep Powder = Spore with Compoundeyes +30% boost to accuracy + 100 Psychic-type Absorb attack equals 1HK0 to anything at MIRAKLE's level or lower(MIRAKLE is the name I gave that Butterfree).

It's nice to see the goofy butterfly return after being shunned in Hoenn.

TheBuddyBud
5th October 2006, 7:55 AM
the little kid sounds like ash in the new dub

Battra
9th December 2006, 12:07 AM
Let's see how many giant monster movies have been parody in this episode:

1. Caterpie eating a mysterious candy and growing to giant size is taken from The Amazing Colossal Man, 50 ft Woman, and very other American giant monster on the lose films.

2. Caterpie rampaging through the city and coming to rest upon a tower, taken from the original Mothra movie.

3. Butterfry vs. Dustox is taken from the fight seen between Adult Mothra and Adult Battra in Godzilla vs. Mothra: battle for the Earth.

I really enjoyed seeing this episode again, the Professor definitely had mad scientist written all over him. I really loved that Jigglypuff microphone that he made seeing the Jigglypuff that has put our hero's to sleep so many times in a little homage.

Willow's Tara
8th November 2008, 12:43 PM
You know I actually liked this episode, not sure why but I just did.
Liked the battle between Butterfree and Dustox, pity it wasn't longer and that that hadn't been an Beedrill/Beautifly who ate them too (Had anyone been expecting Wobbafuet to eat the Mystery candy?)

One thing: What is it with the Jennys? They say the bad guys are under arrest but then Ash sends his Pikachu to blast Team Rocket off and she's fine with it? Uh Officer, they just ESCAPED JAIL! I think they would prefer blasting off to jail (Aleast in one of the early episodes they actually did get taken to jail but broke out)

Tadashi
9th November 2008, 1:31 AM

Agreed, that's all this really was =\

Definitely one of my least favorite episodes ever. 100% worthless and boring.

Jaguar297
9th November 2008, 1:35 AM
Woah, that, was, a, great, EPISODE!!!!!!!!! ;D

Igottapoo
13th January 2009, 11:56 AM
This was a fun episode. It reminds me of Ash's Butterfree. But, yeah I had lots of fun watching this. I love giant Pokemon.

Littlemyuu
7th March 2009, 9:09 PM
Nice episode to bring an old Pokemon back

Blue Snover
9th March 2009, 6:34 PM
It was nice to see Caterpie again, even it was only for a short time.

(s.i.e)
9th March 2009, 8:27 PM
it was a fun sight to see those big pokemon for a change, i liked watching this episode.

Ash-kid
18th December 2009, 5:06 PM
From here the animation was different, i loved the new animation.

And Zender was pretty shy, i loved him.

8/10

Lorde
31st December 2009, 10:43 PM
No no no, I was not impressed by this so-called Caterpie episode at all. Caterpie is always a delight, but a giant mutated version isn't as awesome as it sounds. I disliked the dub error with the Rare Candy and how they goofed and called it "Mystery Candy". It's like 4Kids stopped trying to dub at that point. The overall animation was nothing to brag about either. Apart from the evolution, this wasn't too good. 2/10.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
1st February 2010, 4:55 AM
This was pretty exciting, but they could have done much more collateral damage fighting TR, don't you think?

The only thing I found really messed up was how quickly Caterpie went from Caterpie to Butterfree. Really, it might as well have skipped Metapod altogether; that's practically the same thing as what happened.

Painkiller2001
22nd November 2010, 12:38 AM
Awesome! Caterpie made another appearance again! Somehow, it looked even cuter when it was large.

Lance The Champ
22nd February 2011, 11:48 AM
Great episode!!! Good to see the episode focussed on a Caterpie

G50
25th April 2011, 3:48 PM
This episode was ok... What a wacky episode. It was cool to see Giant Pokemon. The inventions were really bizarre especially since more of them don't work. It was funny to see Cacnea hug James and cause him to hit the pavement. It was cool to finally see Rare Candy discussed in the Anime.

20/100

Zoruagible
16th July 2011, 5:48 PM
I thought it was funny they had Caterpie evolve twice in one episode.
Is this the first time, this happened?

Vernikova
30th August 2012, 7:45 PM
Not a good episode. I don't need to list why that is the case though. It just was. They ruined a Caterpie episode which is something unimaginable. The filler characters were equally terrible in all regards.

Dawn+Serena Fan
26th June 2013, 10:11 PM
It was an okay episode. The giant Caterpie evolving twice in one episode was interesting.

Painkiller2001
13th November 2014, 5:44 AM
Oh, so the "Mystery Candy" was supposed to be Rare Candies? Cool!
I guess I'm used to seeing their in-game sprites as a wrapped up piece of candy.