PDA

View Full Version : POKEMON ADVANCED BATTLE new intro

Pages : [1] 2

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 3:03 PM
Today's episode, "Clamperl of Wisdom", marks the start of a new Pokemon season in the US and therefore comes accompanied with a new intro sequence (sampling the Japanese SYMPHONIC MEDLEY and BF intros). Once you see it, please comment/discuss!

Red
17th September 2005, 3:40 PM
Today's episode, "Clamperl of Wisdom", marks the start of a new Pokemon season in the US and therefore comes accompanied with a new intro sequence (most likely sampling the Japanese SYMPHONIC MEDLEY). I haven't seen the new US one yet myself, but once you do please comment/discuss!

We'll find out in 20 minutes.

EDIT - Yeah it was pretty cool, but had A LOT of spoilers. I don't why they started the new season so earley.

Duglett
17th September 2005, 3:53 PM
I can't wait to see what 4Kids does with Sympnonic Melody.

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 3:58 PM
yea...they stuck pretty close with the ADVANCED CHALLENGE intro (just took out the Japanese "sad Ash" rain scene and replaced it with random battle clips like Lombre/Mudkip)...so hopefully BATTLE fill follow suit and stay true to MEDLEY

Rex Kamex
17th September 2005, 4:03 PM
Well, here's the first review:

The new theme song is actually pretty good. They used some Symphonic Medley clips. They also used some from the Battle Fronteir intro!

The Big Al
17th September 2005, 4:05 PM
They just spoiled the whole season in the intro. I nice one though.

Black Marauder
17th September 2005, 4:06 PM
Just say the into... it's great... I finally got to see Manene and Gonbe and Bonsly and Manyula in the intro and the Frontier Brains... it was great... as for the song... I like it... it's ok...

phoenix12
AHHHHH!!! WTF?!?!? "GOOD"?!?!? WHY THE F*CK DID THEY INCLUDE BF CLIPS??? In less 4Kids plans on cutting out a LOT of episodes, the BF saga won't come into play until the NEXT Pokemon season (starting fall of 2006). Why are the BF Leaders shown during the Hoenn season? and Ash's Phanpy...May's Squirtle....Misty's Azurill...NONE of that comes until the VERY end of this season/beginning of BF season. In my opinion, not only did they kill Symphonic Medley, they ruined the BF intro as well.

The only explanation I can think of is that this same intro will be used whenever the US airs the BF season.

mewtwo1414141414
I liked the intro alot, but I have one qustion you know that Pokemon that they showed in the dark that had the cape on then it jumped in the air was that Mewtwo because I think it was.

Celebii
17th September 2005, 4:07 PM
*Sigh* I dont really like the new opening. They took scenes of the Medley and Battle factory and mixed them together. The song is the worst one since ever >_>. It looks really unprofessional, since the scenes look really out of place. I liked the last one better :O

Rex Kamex
17th September 2005, 4:08 PM
AHHHHH!!! WTF?!?!? "GOOD"?!?!? WHY THE F*CK DID THEY INCLUDE BF CLIPS??? In less 4Kids plans on cutting out a LOT of episodes, the BF saga won't come into play until the NEXT Pokemon season (starting fall of 2006). Why are the BF Leaders shown during the Hoenn season? and Ash's Phanpy...May's Squirtle....Misty's Azurill...NONE of that comes until the VERY end of this season/beginning of BF season. In my opinion, not only did they kill Symphonic Medley, they ruined the BF intro as well.

There are only about 40 out of 52 episodes left in the Hoenn saga. The Battle Fronteir saga does start in this season, just not this particular year.

V Faction
17th September 2005, 4:08 PM
The new opening feels exactly like the new Revolution Controllers: A mixed bag.

They're using two seasons worth of openings. So that means by the time we get back to Kanto, we'll still have this opening. That's a long time.

They also used the Frontier Brain wide shot with Noland unveiled. The Japanese opening will undoubtedly be adding on to theirs, but I'm not sure if 4Kids! realizes what's happening.

Great music though.

MaskedManAbsolkid
17th September 2005, 4:09 PM
I liked the intro alot, but I have one qustion you know that Pokemon that they showed in the dark that had the cape on then it jumped in the air was that Mewtwo because I think it was.

I'm pretty sure that was Tucker.

BTW, the intro should come to the UK pretty soon, but it sounds messed up. I'd like to see the 4th Gen pokemon though. And they could've included english names for Rukario, Manyula and Manene in the intro.

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 4:09 PM
They've taken two of the best intro's (Medley and BF) and made them into one of the worst. I can deal with them messing around with Medley...but the BF intro was my absolute fave Japanese intro...now it's just completely out of place. idk what to say...this is just awful....makes NO sense....

Originally Posted By MJC Carto Guy
There are only about 40 out of 52 episodes left in the Hoenn saga. The Battle Fronteir saga does start in this season, just not this particular year.

Hmm...good point...I didn't do the math. I still think it should've been saved till later, though. And now we've just completely lost the Drew/Harley clip (among other great shots in the BF intro). I don't like basing almost the entire intro on the last 12 (at most) episodes in a season.

taitofan
17th September 2005, 4:10 PM
Well, it was definately jumping the gun, having scenes from the latest Japanese opening as well as the last one... Meaning Harley and Shuu were in it. <3 The song wasn't bad, but not the greatest... Well, since English seasons are different from the original, I suppose haven't scenes from later on isn't too bad... Isn't part of BF supposed to be a part of this season? Only the first few episodes I thought...

I rather liked it overall (except for the Frontier Brains being in it...). =3 I guess it's one of those love/hate deals...

V Faction
17th September 2005, 4:11 PM
They've taken two of the best intro's (Medley and BF) and made them into one of the worst. I can deal with them messing around with Medley...but the BF intro was my absolute fave Japanese intro...now it's just completely out of place. idk what to say...this is just awful....makes NO sense....
Awww, boo-hoo.

Even if they did split them up, changes would be inevitable.

Rex Kamex
17th September 2005, 4:12 PM

BTW, the intro should come to the UK pretty soon, but it sounds messed up. I'd like to see the 4th Gen pokemon though. And they could've included english names for Rukario, Manyula and Manene in the intro.

Trust me, that isn't Tucker. That would be too random.

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 4:15 PM
Originally Posted by Mewtwo141414141414

I've wondered the same thing since MEDLEY came out in Japan! I don't think there's really a solid answer, tho.

V Faction
17th September 2005, 4:17 PM
No straight answer? It is Mewtwo, make no mistake.

Rex Kamex
17th September 2005, 4:17 PM
They also changed the Trainer's Choice music to be more similar to the new dub intro. They also changed the type of question. "Which Pokemon would be most affected by ember?"

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 4:19 PM
Originally Posted By V Faction
No straight answer? It is Mewtwo, make no mistake.

Has that really been confirmed? Makes sense, I just never pictured that as being Mewtwo.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
17th September 2005, 4:21 PM
your so lucky to get it now but soon after 2mros and next sundays we will have it soon,worth the wait though

RandomCharizard
17th September 2005, 4:25 PM
This is actually awsome.
I dont give a danm about them spoiling it. There going to start airing a lot of epis I bet. And they'll probaly do new epis on weekdays(if so on fridays probaly) too,because of what they did >.>

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 4:28 PM
Originally Posted By Random Charizard
This is actually awsome.
I dont give a danm about them spoiling it. There going to start airing a lot of epis I bet. And they'll probaly do new epis on weekdays(if so on fridays probaly) too,because of what they did

The sad thing is, they prolly won't. Each season has to be exactly 52 episodes (or w/e), which I didn't think of earlier on. So while, doing the math with epi #'s, a handful of BF episodes will fall into this season, I don't feel it's enough to justify showing the BF Leaders (among other spoiler clips that won't happen until the very end).

I realize that the US Advanced Challenge intro also spoiled basically the entire season in terms of evolution, but at least it still fell into the Hoenn Leage...not overlapping two separate leagues the way this BATTLE intro does.

Granted, I've always been amazed at why the dubbers/4Kids change the Japanese intros AT ALL (apart from time sake).

Black Marauder
17th September 2005, 4:28 PM
Aww... I just found out that episodes will be aired on weekdays... :( I'll be at skool when they air :(

*sniff*

Korobooshi Kojiro
17th September 2005, 4:34 PM
Ha, little kids with no access to Japanese spoilers will be freaked out when they see a baby clown, a spikier sneasel, and a jackal!

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 4:35 PM
After re-viewing the new intro (I recoreded it on tape), I'll admit I DO like the new music....and I could deal with the including BF Leaders, but they cut off at least half of them in that one shadow/moving sequence and went right to the shadow/standing still clip.

Also, if they're going to show the clip with May and the cartoon-ish looking Combusken, Munchlax, and Squirtle they might as well have shown the one with Brock and Mudkip/Forretress/Bonsly, but now I imagine that part will never be shown in the US. I imagine they might've done that b/c even in JAPAN Brock has yet to be connected to Bonsly in the anime, so they DEF didn't want to reveal that in the US so soon.

CyberCubed
17th September 2005, 4:36 PM
It was a good intro.

Basically 4kids merged the 3rd AG opening and the Frontier opening.

Which leads me to believe that 4kids will use the scenes they skipped in these two openings, and use that to fill the gap for opening 9.

Trainer's Choice and Title screen have also changed for the new season.

mewtwo1414141414
17th September 2005, 4:38 PM
Ha, little kids with no access to Japanese spoilers will be freaked out when they see a baby clown, a spikier sneasel, and a jackal!
Lol thas true they will be wondering about who they are for awile.

FlamingRuby
17th September 2005, 4:40 PM
Did anyone copy down the words for the new theme song?

ivan2149
17th September 2005, 4:40 PM
I cant belive rukario and the evolve form of snezel are there?

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 4:41 PM
Originally Posted By phoenix12
And now we've just completely lost the Drew/Harley clip

My bad...they're in this BATTLE one, too.

Lil Brother
17th September 2005, 4:41 PM
*theme starts to play*

Me: Oh my God, those b*stards!

Family: O.o

Yeah... I didn't like it that much. Just seemed unorganized. I was just hoping for the clip with Ash and the swingset. Groan. Ah well, whatever. A lot of little kids are going "wtf?" now though.

And at least they left in the Pokeball changing into Ash's badge case. Yay!

Rex Kamex
17th September 2005, 4:42 PM
It was a good intro.

Basically 4kids merged the 3rd AG opening and the Frontier opening.

Which leads me to believe that 4kids will use the scenes they skipped in these two openings, and use that to fill the gap for opening 9.

Trainer's Choice and Title screen have also changed for the new season.

Speaking of which, THEY KEPT THE BADGE CASE UNEDITED!!!

EDIT: Rats, I was beaten to saying that. Well, I wonder if the actual badge case in the episode will remain the same. Oh well.

Thriller
17th September 2005, 4:45 PM
Why do I see three different threads about the new opening?

I expected the Advance Medley being used. I did not expect the BF song being used as well. They even had Manene with TR, even if Manene were to be caught, it won't even be in this season. They also had May's Gonbe and Squirtle with Combusken further spoiling the season. At least that will be all the spoilers. They didn't show Snorunt/Glalie, Ludicolo and Bonsly.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
17th September 2005, 4:45 PM
that proves that 4kids have already dubbed the BF saga dosen't it?

Well I have to wait for this to come to the UK to write a full review

and btw can someone post pictures? I want to see who the 'caped thing' is.

Rukario, Manene AND Manyula????

blimey 4kids have gone nuts!!! *whips out a shotgun*

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 4:46 PM
Lyrics to ADVANCED BATTLE=

Whoah-oh I'm unbeatable
(guitar riff)
Walking down this endless highway
Nothing but my friends beside me
We'll never give in, we'll never rest
Advanced Battle is the ultimate test
(something) the earth, the land, the sea, and sky
They can never win, but they sure can try
Woah-oah
I'm unbeatable
Pokemon: Advanced Battle!
Woah-oah
I'm undefeatable
From the stars and the ancient past
They come to play but they never last
Woah-oah
I'm unbeatable
Pokemon: Advanced Battle!
Woah-oah
I'm undefeatable
Advanced Battle!
I'm unbeatable!
Pokemon!

CyberCubed
17th September 2005, 4:47 PM
4kids did this because Advanced: Battle will go all the way up the Harley contest episode in the Frontier season.

Not only that, but it'll all under the "Advance" theme, even in Japan it's still called Advance: Generation. So 4kids isn't to blame for including the Frontier saga under the Advance title, it's the same like that in Japan.

MISTYFAN4EVER8887
17th September 2005, 4:48 PM
It's the best intro ever in my opinion. I wondered how they would top the A.C. intro. It looks they did pretty well.

Rex Kamex
17th September 2005, 4:49 PM
that proves that 4kids have already dubbed the BF saga dosen't it?

Well I have to wait for this to come to the UK to write a full review

and btw can someone post pictures? I want to see who the 'caped thing' is

Not necessarilly, but at least they do know that the BF saga starts in this season. Anyway...

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/intro/008.shtml

This is from PSM, and the caped dude scene is between the one with all the Pokemon running and the scene with Team Rocket.

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 4:51 PM
I realize they still consider BF to be "Advanced" in Japan, but they changed the opening at the exact right time to show a separation between Hoenn Leage and BF Leage. Now in the US we've seen the shadows of ALL BF Leaders even though Ash will only encounter ONE before the season ends (therefore ruining the un-shadowing concept that the Japan intro will most likely follow). Also, Manene will not appear at all this season in the US. So I guess the poor timing is just my biggest complaint. <shrugs>

17th September 2005, 4:54 PM
I dont know who it is, I do know it is definatly NOT Mewtwo, no tail!
looks a bit like Nurse Joy from the first movie

AdvanceX
17th September 2005, 4:55 PM
Spoilers GALORE!! I did not like this intro very much. I thought Advance Challenge's intro was SOO much better!! -__-;; They spoiled stuff thats not even gonna be in that season too!!

Sweet May
17th September 2005, 4:56 PM
well i never listened to the song but i did love the pics........ but anyways i like the new opening......... =P

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 4:59 PM
Originally Posted By AdvanceX
Spoilers GALORE!!

<Nods>. Even MEDLEY didn't spoil that MAY was getting Munchlax (just that somebody probably would...most people assumed Brock).

I hope some people who DON'T follow the Jap episodes/spoilers comment on this thread, this intro has to confuse the HELL outta them!

example:

"Why the hell are a Squirtle and Munchlax running with May's Combusken? Where are Skitty, Beautifly and Bulbasaur?"

"Who's the guy with purple hair next to Drew?"

"Where the hell did Phanpy come from?"

"How did Misty get an Azurill?"

"What's that pink thing dancing next to Jessie?"

"What's that thing in the tree by Mew?"

CyberCubed
17th September 2005, 5:00 PM
Spoilers GALORE!!

Why are people so upset about minor spoilers in this intro?

The Advance Challenge intro spoiled A LOT more.

What did we learn from this intro? That Ash has Phanpy back on his team, we see a Munchlax, Misty has an Azurill, and we see little critters running by Jessie and James?

The Frontier stuff basically just spoiled that Ash will be challenging them, but the people watching the show now have no idea that Ash will return to Kanto.

And I didn't put a spoiler box here, because the intro did that nicely.

AdvanceX
17th September 2005, 5:00 PM
I dont know who it is, I do know it is definatly NOT Mewtwo, no tail!
looks a bit like Nurse Joy from the first movie
Btw YES. That WAS Mewtwo in the shadows.

Porygandrew
17th September 2005, 5:05 PM
I REALLY didn't like this intro. Besides the spoilers, all of the intros are pretty much the exact same since the 2nd Johto opening. The first was obviously the most original, the 2nd (orange league) tried to make it live up to its 'Fad' title of the time, the 1st Johto was, well it was different, but at the same time it was too kiddish.

AdvanceX
17th September 2005, 5:05 PM
Why are people so upset about minor spoilers in this intro?

What did we learn from this intro? That Ash has Phanpy back on his team, we see a Munchlax, Misty has an Azurill, and we see little critters running by Jessie and James?

The Frontier stuff basically just spoiled that Ash will be challenging them, but the people watching the show now have no idea that Ash will return to Kanto.

And I didn't put a spoiler box here, because the intro did that nicely.
Minor??! Do you realize HOW LONG it would ACTUALLY be until the U.S will actually see this stuff happening?? Next year is my bet! They showed off the BF stuff and Ash hasn't even gotten his 7th badge yet nor competed in the League- hell, I bet he doesn't know of the BF yet himself. There was nothing "minor' about the spoliers in that intro at all.

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 5:08 PM
Originally Posted By CyberCubed

That's sorta true...the two are about on the same level in terms of revelations, though, i think.

CHALLENGE =

Brock's Lotad would evolve
Ash's Taillow would evolve
Ash's Treeko would evolve
Ash (or somebody) would get a Torkoal
May (or somebody) would get a Bulbasaur
May (or somebody) would get a Skitty
May's Torchic would evolve

BATTLE =

Ash will compete against the BF Leaders
May will get a Squirtle
May will get a Munchlax
Misty will get an Azurill
Ash will go back to using Phanpy
NEW POKEMON = Manene
NEW POKEMON = Manyula
NEW POKEMON = Rukario
*people also can question why Squirtle/Munchlax appear with May but NOT Skitty/Beautifly/Bulbasaur, therefore spoiling that they are leaving her team (why not just show the MEDLEY clip with them jumping through Combusken's Fire Spin???)

It's just kind of stupid that the BATTLE intro spoils things that don't happen until the very end (like Squirtle, Azurill, the BF leaders) but DOESN'T spoil upcoming changes like Brock's Ludicolo and Ash's Snorunt...at least CHALLENGE just took care of everything right off the bat :-P

XyronTheFalcon
17th September 2005, 5:10 PM
Any website with the new intro?

Gravy
Whoah-oh I'm unbeatable
(guitar riff)
That one line was cheeesy enough to put me in stitches.

...As are those who are actually questioning whether the cloaked shadowy figure was Mewtwo or not. Seriously, I really do not understand how anyone could think otherwise.

I haven't seen the intro considering I live halfway across the globe from good ol' KidsWV, so I have no critism on the new intro, evidently :P

I do however think its pretty strange to have all these new additions featured in the opening, when all of them are set to be shown a very long time from now. Munchlax is understandable because that could just be passed off as a random promotional insert, but having all these new pokémon jumping around, as well as Phanpy is going to leave people who aren't aware of upcoming changes hanging on for quite a while.
I guess their ingenious strategy is 'show the kids all this new stuff to keep 'em interested for much longer'.
Not that I really care or anything =o

AdvanceX
I REALLY didn't like this intro. Besides the spoilers, all of the intros are pretty much the exact same since the 2nd Johto opening. The first was obviously the most original, the 2nd (orange league) tried to make it live up to its 'Fad' title of the time, the 1st Johto was, well it was different, but at the same time it was too kiddish.
I COMPLETELY agree with you. I mean, wow... even from Advance Challenge I felt a little something from it.. I mean..everything asbout it was 'in your face' so to say and it was a great feeling.. from the intro just released.. I felt nothing. At all. =___=;;... Watered-down clips from Medley, and BF to live up to its title as "Advance Battle".. =__= Terrible name btw too.. isn't 'Challenge' the same a 'Battle' so to say.. the challenges were the battles x___x;;... I'm upset now..

mewtwo1414141414
17th September 2005, 5:12 PM
Hey I was just thinking about how there might be another Mewtwo movie because in the end of Mewtwo returns hes in a city, and since ash is going back to the old regions he might meet Mewtwo again(but thats just wishful thinking).

17th September 2005, 5:13 PM
Btw YES. That WAS Mewtwo in the shadows.
shame you belive it was
I do not belive Mewtwo:
1) Wears clothes, the shadow looks alot like a dress
2) especially a dress!

Mewtwo has a tail, three 'fingers' and two lil horn like things on his head, when it shown the shadow on his head there was only two lumps which could be mistaken for horns but it was obviously wearing clothes

XyronTheFalcon
17th September 2005, 5:15 PM
maybe it is a special feature?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
Oh rats. I woke up at 10:30 just in time to miss it all. So they combined to intros into one. Interesting. Rukario included..now this is gonna make my day at school next week. Just want to hear the intro now. Next week I need to watch it now.

AdvanceX
shame you belive it was
I do not belive Mewtwo:
2) especially a dress!

Mewtwo has a tail, three 'fingers' and two lil horn like things on his head, when it shown the shadow on his head there was only spikey hair and Mewtwo dosen't have hair
=_______=;;;;.... idiotic.. IT WASN'T A DRESS!!! Its like a travelers wear that..well travelers wear x__x;; Mewtwo is own his own to find his own answers to his own questions. Thats what that symbolized. He's a roamer.

AdvanceX
17th September 2005, 5:19 PM
Oh rats. I woke up at 10:30 just in time to miss it all. So they combined to intros into one. Interesting. Rukario included..now this is gonna make my day at school next week. Just want to hear the intro now. Next week I need to watch it now.
=__=; the intro's not worth watching. Believe me. (sorry if the comes up as a double post)

V Faction
17th September 2005, 5:19 PM
This should take us all the way up to where the Japanese version is currently at (the contest) and by then there will likely be a new opening in Japan. So that, combined with leftovers from here, can work.

Dogasu
17th September 2005, 5:20 PM
shame you belive it was
I do not belive Mewtwo:
2) especially a dress!

Mewtwo has a tail, three 'fingers' and two lil horn like things on his head, when it shown the shadow on his head there was only two lumps which could be mistaken for horns but it was obviously wearing clothes

And since when is it impossible for pokemon to wear clothes?

And besides, we've already seen Mewtwo wearing a cloak in one of those "World of Pokemon" intros before one of the movies.

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 5:21 PM
Originally Posted By V Faction
So that, combined with leftovers from here, can work.

I def hope so! That could get screwed up, though, if by the time the US gets to the next season, Japan is already on the D/P anime saga (highly unlikely, though, at the rate the BF saga is going so far).

AdvanceX
17th September 2005, 5:21 PM
This should take us all the way up to where the Japanese version is currently at (the contest) and by then there will likely be a new opening in Japan. So that, combined with leftovers from here, can work.
The 'Battle' intro is gonna stay with us for quite a while ...x__x;;

17th September 2005, 5:24 PM
but Why would Mewtwo be in the intro?
he was in the johto journeys because of Mewtwo returns so why would he be in the new intro?
and I have seen the world of pokemon things and I have not seen a single sign of that stupid clone jerk anywhere

I understand why Mew and Rukario were there because of the 8th film, I stil belive it wasn't Mewtwo unless he cut off his tail

V Faction
17th September 2005, 5:25 PM
The 'Battle' intro is gonna stay with us for quite a while ...x__x;;
Yeah? Should be 52 Episodes. Maybe a little less. Nothing wrong with that if we actually DO get to the Battle Frontier in that span (which we do). Now, if they used footage from Battle Frontier's opening, but never did reach that particular arc, there would be a problem.

Dogasu
17th September 2005, 5:26 PM
Pokemon Symphonic Medley featured every single pokmeon, from Kanto to Jouto to Houen, at one point or another in the intro. That's why Mewtwo's there.

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 5:26 PM
the more I watch this intro and hear what people have to say, I realize I jumped the gun a little bit in condeming the entire sequence...it's not awful and does fit somewhat well into how the US seasons work...I just liked the Jap BF intro a lot the way it was, so I was ****** as hell to see the dubbers mixing it up this much

mewtwo1414141414
17th September 2005, 5:28 PM
shame you belive it was
I do not belive Mewtwo:
2) especially a dress!

Heres a clip from Mewtwo returns where he is on top of a buliding wereing a cape. Its a real pic someone just added the words.
http://www.pokemysteries.net/mewtwo.jpg

AdvanceX
17th September 2005, 5:29 PM
he was in the johto journeys because of Mewtwo returns so why would he be in the new intro?
and I have seen the world of pokemon things and I have not seen a single sign of that stupid clone jerk anywhere

I understand why Mew and Rukario were there because of the 8th film, I stil belive it wasn't Mewtwo unless he cut off his tail
Mewtwo was PUT into the 'Battle' intro because it was taken from the Medley japanese intro where there was nothing but Legendary Pokemon shown. 4Kids just took that and added along to everything else they just slapped together to show to the public. =__=;;; And also.. his tail wasn't cut off..... *sigh*... .__. -____-;;;

Lil Brother
17th September 2005, 5:29 PM

I understand why Mew and Rukario were there because of the 8th film, I stil belive it wasn't Mewtwo unless he cut off his tailIT WAS MEWTWO, DAMN IT! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST ACCEPT IT!?

<_< Who else could it be!?'

EDIT: His tail was under the coat. Duh.

Gravy
17th September 2005, 5:30 PM
<_< Who else could it be!?'

Ash's Dad. Duuuuh!

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 5:32 PM
Originally Posted By Gravy
Ash's Dad. Duuuuh!

rofl
that's perfect
unless...Mewtwo IS Ash's dad? ;-)

mewtwo1414141414
17th September 2005, 5:32 PM
Yea his taill was underneath his cloke.

Sharpshooter
17th September 2005, 5:33 PM
2nd of October for the UK I think :redface:

I always felt the end of Advanced Challenge would leave a big hole to fill for the next one. Is this one still leaning towards the rock-side or are there traits of a symphonic melody here or what?

17th September 2005, 5:34 PM
o.........k then

stupid Mewtwo..... but if they shown mewtwo why didnt they show all the legendaries in the dub?

wait! 4kdis is stupid like that

jolteonjak
17th September 2005, 5:35 PM
OMG...I can see Noland every week now! <3

phoenix12
17th September 2005, 5:37 PM
Originally Posted By SharpShooter
Is this one still leaning towards the rock-side or are there traits of a symphonic melody here or what?

Rock-side....the guitar riffs remind me of the Jap BF music a little.

AdvanceX
17th September 2005, 5:40 PM
Ash's Dad. Duuuuh!
~_~ lol..nice.. baka XD ^_^

ChaosMage
17th September 2005, 5:58 PM
So, can somebody take me through all the individual shots in the order they happen in? And I think a new opening will be entirely Frontier-based for Season 9. And I'm glad Ludicolo and Snorunt/Glalie weren't revealed. I was really worried that they would be spoiled and ruin the element of surprise from the two evolutions that the Japanese version brought. And maybe they were left out because they aren't there at the end of the season. Do the other gang pokemon appear at all?

Kanadian Kyuubi
17th September 2005, 6:01 PM
My Take:

Oh yeah, this is one of the best intros I have ever seen!!! I remember some of the scenes were from Battle Frontier and Symphonic Melody, and they really blended it together perfectly!

I see they didn't use the whole Chibi Slide thing from the BF intro
http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/6640/openingthing1dk.gif
Would have worked better but..

The song was rockin good, and it worked perfectly as well! You have done it well, this is the ultimate test!

20/20

FlamingRuby
17th September 2005, 6:03 PM
Here's a "remix" I wrote of it:

"Unbeatable" (Advance Battle OP)

(slow guitar intro)

Whoa, I'm unbeatable...

(guitar, fiddle and whistle riff)

Walking down this endless highway,
Nothing but my friends beside me,
We'll never give in, we'll never rest,
This advanced battle is the ultimate test!
Darkness yearns for the earth, the land, the sea, and sky,
They can never win, but they sure can try!

(whistle solo)

Whoa, I'm unbeatable!
This power in my heart!
Whoa, I'm undefeatable!
From the stars and the ancient past,
They come to play but they never last...

Whoa, I'm unbeatable!
This power of our spirits!
Whoa, I'm undefeatable!
Forever united!
I'm unbeatable!

AdvanceX
17th September 2005, 6:10 PM
My Take:

Oh yeah, this is one of the best intros I have ever seen!!! I remember some of the scenes were from Battle Frontier and Symphonic Melody, and they really blended it together perfectly!

I see they didn't use the whole Chibi Slide thing from the BF intro
http://img350.imageshack.us/img350/6640/openingthing1dk.gif
Would have worked better but..

The song was rockin good, and it worked perfectly as well! You have done it well, this is the ultimate test!

20/20
Chibi Slide?..lol..no one was chibi at all XD

Geki
17th September 2005, 6:12 PM
The new intro is kind of cool, I didn't like how they put the Battle Fronteir clips in the new intro, it ruined the whole season for everyone who doesn't like spoilers. But otherwise, I liked the intro.

*Mystic~Latias*
17th September 2005, 6:16 PM
I loved it. I don't care that they put in the BF stuff because in this season there are like the first couple eps from the BF so it doesn't really bother me. I like that they had Manene,Manyula,Bonsly,Rukario,Munchlax in it. The only problem with Manene being with TR in the intro is that now countless threads will come up speculating about it joining TR. As for the shadow thing I don't really care we will know eventually so it doesn't really matter.

MagicBox
17th September 2005, 6:16 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't like the new intro?

- Which one of 4KIDS' brilliant employees decided to merge Symphonic Medley and Battle Frontier? Something goes wrong when you try to cram nearly 3 minutes of footage into a minute long opening: you must cut a handful of scenes and speed up everything you keep in. They could have just as easily used the scenes from Medley in this opening and saved Battle Frontier for the next season.

- I'm not mad that everything was spoiled, I'm just mad that it was spoiled way too soon. May's Squirtle and Munchlax, as well as Phanpy returning don't happen for a good while, and why show Ash with the Frontier Brains when he doesn't even have 8 badges in the dub yet? I find it annoying that we are allowed to talk about Squirtle, Munchlax, and Phanpy freely, but have to use spoiler tags for Ludicolo and Snorunt/Glalie, even though they came way earlier (I know that there was no scene spoiling them in the Japanese version either, but it just annoys me).

- Too many scenes were cut. I was dying to see Brock's Battle Frontier scene in the dub, along with many other scenes, but we never will now because 4KIDS didn't want to wait for another season to go by. This all could've been avoided if they had just used one Japanese opening per dub theme.

- I didn't like the song, but I hated all of the AG dub songs, and they grew on me, so I guess it's just a matter fo time before I like this song as well (the song, not the actual opening).

AdvanceX
17th September 2005, 6:29 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't like the new intro?

- Which one of 4KIDS' brilliant employees decided to merge Symphonic Medley and Battle Frontier? Something goes wrong when you try to cram nearly 3 minutes of footage into a minute long opening: you must cut a handful of scenes and speed up everything you keep in. They could have just as easily used the scenes from Medley in this opening and saved Battle Frontier for the next season.

- I'm not mad that everything was spoiled, I'm just mad that it was spoiled way too soon. May's Squirtle and Munchlax, as well as Phanpy returning don't happen for a good while, and why show Ash with the Frontier Brains when he doesn't even have 8 badges in the dub yet? I find it annoying that we are allowed to talk about Squirtle, Munchlax, and Phanpy freely, but have to use spoiler tags for Ludicolo and Snorunt/Glalie, even though they came way earlier (I know that there was no scene spoiling them in the Japanese version either, but it just annoys me).

- Too many scenes were cut. I was dying to see Brock's Battle Frontier scene in the dub, along with many other scenes, but we never will now because 4KIDS didn't want to wait for another season to go by. This all could've been avoided if they had just used one Japanese opening per dub theme.

- I didn't like the song, but I hated all of the AG dub songs, and they grew on me, so I guess it's just a matter fo time before I like this song as well (the song, not the actual opening).Yea, same with me. The song will grow on me but the images won't. But lucky me, I still have both original intros on my cpu so I'm happy.

TPMX
17th September 2005, 6:33 PM
OK, this intro ruled, and you know it. *downloads it*

This is, by far, the BEST INTRO EVER.

S.Suikun
17th September 2005, 6:35 PM
All right, that "Whoa-oa-oa..." thing was the most annoying thing ever. Probably the worst intro lyric-wise since Johto Journies.

I have no idea why the hell they only showed Lucy and Spenser's shadows, especially since they aren't even in this season. They crammed far too many BF scenes into this, and sped them up unreasonably. Shoulda stuck with simply Symphonic Melody and a select few BF scenes, like Shuu and Harley behind Haruka. Meh...at least I still have my kickass unslaughtered original BF intro on my comp.

Didn't we have this Mewtwo discussion when Symphonic Melody first aired? It was confirmed time and again...

AdvanceX
17th September 2005, 6:41 PM
Didn't we have this Mewtwo discussion when Symphonic Melody first aired? It was confirmed time and again...
Yep..some time ago, yet one was still convinced that it wasn't Mewtwo.

Vayne
17th September 2005, 6:49 PM
who is the shadow guy in the ally?

crawdauntpro
17th September 2005, 6:49 PM
Is it just me or did I see ;324; in the new intro as well?

CyberCubed
17th September 2005, 6:52 PM
Is it just me or did I see ;324; in the new intro as well?

Um yeah, Ash's.

Satoshi
17th September 2005, 7:00 PM
The new intro is pretty much better than all of the Advance-intros I've heard.

who is the shadow guy in the ally?
http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/intro/008e.shtml
If you look closely at the pic with the shadow in the alley, you'll see that the shape resembles Mewtwo.

MayAsh1987
17th September 2005, 7:02 PM
The intro wasn't all bad to me. I liked it and I not too surprised of 4 kids spoiling as usual since in ways they did mostly spoiled almost all the seasons ever ran.

Since only some might think, OMG they spoiled the whole damn thing, I bet most little kids will think wow there gonna be lots of action, or someone mentioned who are those Pokemon.

At first when I saw it, I thought they asked Japan to make clips for the intro but soon I figured it out it was the BAttle Frontier intro.

mewtwo1414141414
17th September 2005, 7:05 PM
OK, this intro ruled, and you know it. *downloads it*

This is, by far, the BEST INTRO EVER.
Download it?? from where?

crawdauntpro
17th September 2005, 7:06 PM
Um yeah, Ash's.

Thought I was going mad for a second there, cheers!
I wonder why he gets him back, which Frontier Brain do you think he will use him against? What line-ups do you think will happen? If you don't mind my asking that is.

Kazuki Mirai
17th September 2005, 7:07 PM
The new intro is pretty much better than all of the Advance-intros I've heard.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/intro/008e.shtml
If you look closely at the pic with the shadow in the alley, you'll see that the shape resembles Mewtwo.
Which Japanese intro did that come from?

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
17th September 2005, 7:09 PM
They just spoiled the whole season in the intro. I nice one though.

Yeah,I know.But still,Mewtwo looked badass in it.Or whoever jumped onto the building.

mewtwo1414141414
17th September 2005, 7:10 PM
Yeah,I know.But still,Mewtwo looked badass in it.Or whoever jumped onto the building.
Yea he did.

Medea
17th September 2005, 7:14 PM
Too many spoilers!!!

...I guess it's been said already on the first 4 pages. But I was pretty shocked to see the Battle Frontier heads.

...Plus I got a glimpse of lovely Tracey :D

Lil Brother
17th September 2005, 7:14 PM
Which Japanese intro did that come from?Well... it says Advance Battle, so I think its safe to assume its that one. :rolleyes: EDIT: Crap! Never mind! Sorry! I didn't understand what you meant. It came from Melody. ^_^'

*cough* I don't like it because parts are really unneccesary. Look, there are two Team Rocket segments. The "dance" and "dig". Was that really neccesary? Hell, was putting two themes together neccesary? No? Of course not! This is just 4Kids being stupid.

TPMX
17th September 2005, 7:16 PM
Download it?? from where?

I don't know. Find it for me XD.

Kazuki Mirai
17th September 2005, 7:16 PM
Well... it says Advance Battle, so I think its safe to assume its that one. :rolleyes:

*cough* I don't like it because parts are really unneccesary. Look, there are two Team Rocket segments. The "dance" and "dig". Was that really neccesary? Hell, was putting two themes together neccesary? No? Of course not! This is just 4Kids being stupid.
No, I meant Japanese intro. As in intros that 4Kids use the scenes from and combine them in one intro, which is used often in most dubs. Well duh.

Silver Ryu
17th September 2005, 7:29 PM
Hey, I like this intro. It's cool.

Lil Brother
17th September 2005, 7:31 PM
No, I meant Japanese intro. As in intros that 4Kids use the scenes from and combine them in one intro, which is used often in most dubs. Well duh.Yeah, yeah, I realized that. *sweat drop* I edited my post. *points up* Sorry for being a total idiot.

Serebii
17th September 2005, 7:44 PM
No discussion about downloads here please

Thank you

Torkoal Stu
17th September 2005, 8:03 PM
Ok I need to know the answer to the question all us UK people are wondering. Was there any shots of Torkoal on the intro? I mean its one of Ash's current team it must be on there, if not someone's in for a beating. If there is a Torkoal scene please describe it to me in extreme detail.

Revolutionary Destiny
17th September 2005, 8:04 PM
I must be one of the few people who actually liked the new opening. One of the things I liked was how they went with a semi-slower paced song. This opening is a step up from "This Dream" (previous opening) where it seemed like half of the opening was just random pokemon battling. Visually, this is probably one of the best openings, up there with "I Want to be a Hero" (the first Hoenn opening).

Blaziken master
17th September 2005, 8:18 PM
Ok I need to know the answer to the question all us UK people are wondering. Was there any shots of Torkoal on the intro? I mean its one of Ash's current team it must be on there, if not someone's in for a beating. If there is a Torkoal scene please describe it to me in extreme detail.
Its the scene where Ash sends out all his pokemon to fight the regis.
Anyway I think its stupid what 4kids have done,I mean if both seasons are together imagine how long the series is going to be!Another weird thing is that some of the pokemon's english names haven't been confirmed

V Faction
17th September 2005, 8:24 PM
Anyway I think its stupid what 4kids have done,I mean if both seasons are together imagine how long the series is going to be!Another weird thing is that some of the pokemon's english names haven't been confirmed
How is THAT a problem? The 4th Gen. Pokemon haven't even been seen in the anime yet, aside from Munchlax. And did you forget about the 8th Movie? They're were going to run into these Pokemon eventually. Putting their footage in the opening has overall effect.

And don't worry your little head off as far as names go. When 4Kids! gets to dubbing, they'll no doubt get some official names from the head honchos. And then we'll be pleasantly surprised (or horribly disappointed as the case will be with some of you) to see these next-gen Pokemon with lables.

CyberCubed
17th September 2005, 8:28 PM
Anyway I think its stupid what 4kids have done,I mean if both seasons are together imagine how long the series is going to be!

Jeez. Season 8 will be 52 episodes just like every other season. Once Season 9 starts, 4kids will most likely use the scenes they skipped from the two intros and use that to fill the gap.

Season 8 = The end of Hoenn and the very beginning of the Frontier.

Season 9 = 6 more Frontier brains, and 4-6 more contests, plus Grand Festival, and league for Ash.

What is so hard about this to understand? Season 8 is only the first 10 episodes of the Frontier saga.

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
17th September 2005, 8:30 PM
Yea he did.

Oh,so it Was Mewtwo.

Juputoru
17th September 2005, 8:51 PM
...sigh. And here I thought the "that shadowed being in the intro is Mewtwo" issue was resolved back when Symphonic Medly aired. -_-

I didn't catch the intro, but it seems that 4Kids mixed in Battle Frontier clips into the opening...which makes no sense. Showing stuff that far ahead is downright confusing for those who don't follow spoilers. And there were probably a LOT of kids going "Hey, what's that thing that looks kinda like Snorlax? What's with that cool jackel leaning against the tree? Why is there a small clown dancing in front of TR?". On the bright side, it seems like we've finally gotten an intro with no clips from the actual episodes mixed in. 8D

CyberCubed
17th September 2005, 9:09 PM
. And there were probably a LOT of kids going "Hey, what's that thing that looks kinda like Snorlax? What's with that cool jackel leaning against the tree? Why is there a small clown dancing in front of TR?".

I don't see what 4th gen Pokemon have to do anything. Remember when Donphan, Marril and Snubbel was stuck in the first movie and nobody had any idea what they were? Or when Slowking was in movie 2 before G/S came out? Or how Latios and Latias were in a movie before R/S came out and nobody knew what the hell they were?

And Munchlax has already been in the Deoxys movie, so what's the problem again?

4th gen Pokemon aren't spoilers. There have always been Pokemon from a yet-to-be-released games that have been in the anime. Kids wondering what Manene and Rukario are is NO DIFFERENT than kids wondering what Marril, Donphan, or Togepi were.

Seriously.

xXFallenButterflyXx
17th September 2005, 9:17 PM
I like the new intro. When me and my sisters were watching Pokémon, we were pretty surprised when we saw the new theme song.

But anyways, does anybody know who this dude is?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a124/xoxFallen_Angelxox/I30.jpg

I dunno if it's either Mewtwo or Gary... but I doubt it's Gary. >.< *random idea pops in head* MAYBE IT'S LANCE! ... Naaah. (By the way, I'm sorry if this topic was already asked, I'm too lazy to read all the other posts)

Hm... but it's a pretty bad idea that they didn't edit out Squirtle... now everyone will probably know May's going to catch one later on.

EDIT

Oh, and why the hell did they show the Fronteir Brains!? 0_o And Ash's Phanpy, and Misty's Azurill... >.< too many spoilers and I really don't like the music.

- ;078; ;121; Gary's ♥Fallen Angel♥ ;172; ;002;

Heracross
17th September 2005, 9:20 PM
Christ, are we going to have to go through this all over again? :/

That "dude" is Mewtwo. The end.

xXFallenButterflyXx
17th September 2005, 9:22 PM
Really? *squints and stares at the image* Doesn't really look like Mewtwo to me.. meh.

Rudoku
17th September 2005, 9:32 PM
Why are you writing in pink, small font? Do you know how annoying that is to even try to read on a green background?

Addydo
17th September 2005, 10:00 PM
I thought the NEW Intro was AWESOME!!! :D
But I was a little bummed out when they didn't show Brock and his Pokemon. :(

.Bambi.
17th September 2005, 10:25 PM
I'm not usually one to complain about the dub...especially Openings...but this was horrible.

Why did 4Kids! have to use 2 very different intros? I mean, there really wasn't any reason for them to put some Battle Frontier clips in there.
They've really messed this up. They're showing that Ash is getting Phanpy before he even gets the Pokemon he's going to dump it for. And if you're just going to show 3 Brains....why even bother? Especially since Azami, Spenser, and Tucker are A LONG ways away...even for Japan.

Maybe 4Kids feels that their intros NEED spoilers [seeing as Meledy didn't really have any...]. But to go as far as showing which Pokemon the Team will get from the 4th Generation is stretching it...a lot.
And because they tried to cram every living thing into this, they had to majorly speed it up which gave it a "I'm Fast-Forwarding through the intro" feel.

Again, I really don't see the need for Battle Frontier snipits. And if just *HAD* to use some, why showcase Frontier Brains? Honestly! And now what're they going to do for the next season in the Battle Frontier? Slaughter another few intros? This was just sheer disappointment. This may sound drama queen-ish, but I really don't want to see the intro ever again...as in...change the channel when it starts.

This gets a Double Yoo-Tee-Eff/10.

PokeTrainer7783
17th September 2005, 10:35 PM
I unfortnately didn't tape the show this morning so I can't comment *cries* but from the clips I've seen it looks okay. As for the music since I didn't tape it I can't really comment. I'll have a better review when I see it. I just hope the theme song isn't too lame.

Gaiash
17th September 2005, 11:04 PM
I love the song. Ok I need it as an MP3 to add to my next CD, its officialy my favorate song now! Stupid Widows Media player not burning my CDs! I have to use itunes and that only works with MP3s and some WAV files. I want Advance Battle on CD!

Cerberus
17th September 2005, 11:20 PM
The pictures look really good, If its got a good tune to accompany it then I like it.

Gaiash
17th September 2005, 11:20 PM
The pictures look really good, If its got a good tune to accompany it then I like it.
trust me it is, the best I ever heard, and I went to Live 8

ChaosMage
17th September 2005, 11:28 PM
Seen the pictures, but not the real thing.

I quite like that the legendary stuff was kept (especially speed Deoxys, who we'll quite likely never see) I was expecting all that to be cut. And, as I said, Ludicolo and Snorunt/Glalie not being spoilt- wise choice. But some things would make it better;

-More of the gang's pokemon. Forretress, Mudkip, Beautifly, Skitty and Bulbasaur don't even appear.
- More stuff directly involved with Hoenn. Tetsuya and Masemune, maybe? Juan, Archie and Maxie would also be cool people to show, since anti-spoiler gameplayers don't even know if they'll appear!
- Manene NOT appearing, simply because it doesn't even appear this season, but the movie may very well air early again and they're milking the new ones AMAP
- Torkoal appearing again to make up for being absent in Phanpy's place.

Pretty cool pictures. Cheers!

xXFallenButterflyXx
18th September 2005, 12:18 AM
Why are you writing in pink, small font? Do you know how annoying that is to even try to read on a green background?

Off Topic: Excuse me, do you see me doing that people who also type in colors other then black? No. It's a free country, I can type in pink, red, blue, green, or whatever the hell I want. And there must something wrong with your computer because I now type in Size One. [/Off topic]

On Topic: My friend just saw the intro... she didn't like it very much. She said she didn't like the music, there was too many spoliers and she said "Why in all names bright and glory did they show the Frontier Brains!?"

PokeTrainer7783
18th September 2005, 12:29 AM
Off Topic: Excuse me, do you see me doing that people who also type in colors other then black? No. It's a free country, I can type in pink, red, blue, green, or whatever the hell I want. And there must something wrong with your computer because I now type in Size One. [/Off topic]

On Topic: My friend just saw the intro... she didn't like it very much. She said she didn't like the music, there was too many spoliers and she said "Why in all names bright and glory did they show the Frontier Brains!?"

Yeah I also agree I'm reading pink on a pink background, change the color font would you please?

AdvanceX
18th September 2005, 12:31 AM
"Why in all names bright and glory did they show the Frontier Brains!?"

Because 4Kids is stupid, thats why. I don't even think they care much of the Pokemon's voice acting either... its always so plain and bland.. whether done by male or female actors depending on the monster they're voicing over.. .__. it sadens me because I love Pokemon too much..

xXFallenButterflyXx
18th September 2005, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by AdvanceX
Because 4Kids is stupid, thats why. I don't even think they care much of the Pokemon's voice acting either... its always so plain and bland.. whether done by male or female actors depending on the monster they're voicing over.. .__. it sadens me because I love Pokemon too much..

Well that pretty much sums it up.

Off Topic: Sorry PT7783, I'm not going to change my color font any time soon... but thank you for being polite about it. Again, I won't change my color font until I find another color I like better.

Team Rocket Admin
18th September 2005, 1:50 AM
This intro was spoiler city.

lilbluecorsola
18th September 2005, 1:51 AM
Well, I rather liked the intro. The scenes were amazing(Drew's expression = Kawaii), and the song was fairly good in my opinion. I didn't mind the spoilers.

Is it just me, or are the lyrics a tad bit depressing in this one? "They can never win, but they sure can try", "They come to play but they never last"? Might just be my misinterpretations...

Oh, and could someone explain to me what the rainy Ash scene was all about? I mean, did the lyrics hint at all towards what was going on, or am I just supposed to make my own judgement off of the images?

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
18th September 2005, 1:52 AM
Hey spoiler city is much better than plain boring and nothing.

Sharpshooter
18th September 2005, 3:13 AM
Just heard it and guess what, I like it.

The part where they go "Advanced Battle!" is a bit gay, but the rest of it's quite nice. Good all round tune. I quite like the "I'm Unbeatable! Pokémon!" bit at the end too. Nice touch IMO.

Reminds me a bit of the Master Quest opening for some reason.

Shikamaru
18th September 2005, 3:34 AM
I liked this one. It doesn't reach the bar advanced challenge's theme reached for me. For now. But still it was very good. Seeing rukario and mew in one opening. Awsome.

PDL
18th September 2005, 4:47 AM
I thought it was decent enough... but I'll have to view it again to get a better opinion about it...

Omega
18th September 2005, 4:56 AM

>.<;

*gets angry* >_________<

NEVER call Mewtwo that.

Anyways. I can't be bothered to watch Pokemon anymore. I don't watch TV, anyways.

ŁańkaŃ
18th September 2005, 5:02 AM
Both music and intro are good...but still...

they shouldn't have give to many spoilers...of all give aways...of othe season intro this is the worst...

oh well...still i like it...i haven't seen it...cuz i have FASTING...but i saw pics...and heard the music...good good

mewtwo1414141414
18th September 2005, 5:07 AM
>.<;

*gets angry* >_________<

NEVER call Mewtwo that.

Anyways. I can't be bothered to watch Pokemon anymore. I don't watch TV, anyways.
What I dident know that he said that about Mewtwo(grr).

Dogasu
18th September 2005, 5:38 AM
I just saw the intro, and it's one of the best dub intros ever. You people who are complaining don't know what you're talking about.

XDLord
18th September 2005, 5:54 AM
Yes, it is awesome. Just a little too much spoilers, but the Brock and Munchlax thing is rather funny.

halloweenghost
18th September 2005, 6:56 AM
Ok... people complaining about spoilers know already,..but most people who don't really don't know whats going to happen.
Example,..very first season intro they show Ash riding on a lapras, didn't happen in first.
Johto journeys opener.. they show jigglypuff with team rocket.. a friend of mine always thought Team Rocket were going to catch that jigglypuff or steal it or something,.. so he didn't know,.. it was just something for the opener.
Same with delibird and team rocket... i rarely saw delibird with TR in Johto.. they showed it and we thought Delibird was going to be a big part of always follwoing team rocket around to annoy them.
The intros always show certain pokemon in it,.. if I'd never seen the new intro japanese versions before I would have thought the same way. So it's pretty much up in the air to non spoiled people.

General Koffing
18th September 2005, 7:00 AM
I liked the new intro.

XyronTheFalcon
18th September 2005, 7:16 AM
Can anyone PM me the download?

Infinite Master Sceptile
18th September 2005, 10:49 AM
Can anyone PM me the download? Requesting downloads is against forum rules.
That intro freaked me out and deeply annoyed me. The random spoilers were totally unnecessary. Can't remeber the song. It just wasn't a memorable tune like the Advanced Challenge theme was.

Tifa
18th September 2005, 11:11 AM
Two weeks, till it airs here ;_;, Oh well, to me, from the screencaps it loks pretty good

Gaiash
18th September 2005, 1:31 PM
I actually want to sing this and put it on a CD and try and get in the charts! That shows how much the song ROCKS! Maybe I could ask 4kids to let me sing it for the 8th movie, but sadly I'm English

Kirbymania123
18th September 2005, 1:58 PM
I think it was WAY to early for manene, lukario and manyula (Yes, there's manyula. Look at the scene when team rocket is dancing.) to appear, even in the opening scene. Everyone that agrees with me say "I"

XyronTheFalcon
18th September 2005, 2:07 PM
"I"

Lol!

torkip
18th September 2005, 2:27 PM
I thought the new intro was pretty good. I didn't like the song though but I'm sure I'll learn to just like it or ignore it.

TAC
18th September 2005, 8:14 PM
*Old pokemon are reintroduced in Frontier Saga*
Response: How dare they cater to the new, inexperienced pokemon audience!

*Advanced Battle intro plays*
Response: How dare they spoil the show for the new, inexperienced pokemon audience!

Lil Brother
18th September 2005, 8:17 PM
Yes, there's manyula. Look at the scene when team rocket is dancing.OMG WOW!

*shot*

ChaosMage
18th September 2005, 8:49 PM
The best part of any spoilers is I can make bets with my dub-mad cousins. They'll see this and I can't wait to rob them blind with my cheating knowledge!!!

Rex Kamex
18th September 2005, 8:54 PM
Ok... people complaining about spoilers know already,..but most people who don't really don't know whats going to happen.
Example,..very first season intro they show Ash riding on a lapras, didn't happen in first.
Johto journeys opener.. they show jigglypuff with team rocket.. a friend of mine always thought Team Rocket were going to catch that jigglypuff or steal it or something,.. so he didn't know,.. it was just something for the opener.
Same with delibird and team rocket... i rarely saw delibird with TR in Johto.. they showed it and we thought Delibird was going to be a big part of always follwoing team rocket around to annoy them.
The intros always show certain pokemon in it,.. if I'd never seen the new intro japanese versions before I would have thought the same way. So it's pretty much up in the air to non spoiled people.

About Lapras, that really wasn't to spoil the fact that Ash would get a Lapras eventually. It just showed him riding one.

Juputoru
18th September 2005, 9:24 PM
Now that I've actually seen the opening...

-Can't they make intros that sound different from each other anymore? -_-
-The "ooooohhhwhoooaaa"s sounds really cheesy. :/ Same with the "Advanced Battle!"s
-The guitar riff near the start of the intro was pretty cool. I'll admit that 8D
-I will now proceed to cringe at any instances of the words "battle", "unbeatable" and "undefeatable" for the next 15 minutes. The songwriters looooove repeating the same things over and over, don't they? :|

Pretty meh. I'd kill for a non-rock dub opening at this point...

Manene!
19th September 2005, 12:57 AM
They should have darkened Noland. It's going to annoy me all season. I know why he isn't but, we arn't at the BF yet so it's just look stupid and will confuse the fans who don't know. Another thing is the May with Combusken, Squirtle, & Munchlax. They should of saved it for the BF or added the "Flamewheel" group shot before it. Like how we saw both Ash's teams. I would of also like to see some Tate & Liza, Juan, Tetsuya, & Masamune. I would of also like some more Harley & Drew. Another thing is they should of had the Intro 8 or 9 ending with the whole group with Pokemon: Advanced Battle Logo beside them. Also, add the scene with Scott. Other then that no complaints.

PokeTrainer7783
19th September 2005, 1:08 AM
Yeah does is there any signifigance in why Satoshi (I'll use Satoshi since it's from the original opening) is in the rain looking all depressed?

Gravy
19th September 2005, 1:15 AM
Yeah does is there any signifigance in why Satoshi (I'll use Satoshi since it's from the original opening) is in the rain looking all depressed?
No. Its just one of those token scenes they usually tend to insert into most of the intros. More so in this case, considering Melodic Symphony didn't even have any lyrics for it to be paired up with.

Also, on the subject of Noland being the only one revealed during the intro, I personally think of that as being pretty sloppy editing on 4Kids part. They should have at least used the shot where they're all in shadow to keep it consistant. Seems rather awkward having 1 brain shown and the rest shrouded from sight, ne?

AdvanceX
19th September 2005, 3:04 AM
No. Its just one of those token scenes they usually tend to insert into most of the intros. More so in this case, considering Melodic Symphony didn't even have any lyrics for it to be paired up with.

Also, on the subject of Noland being the only one revealed during the intro, I personally think of that as being pretty sloppy editing on 4Kids part. They should have at least used the shot where they're all in shadow to keep it consistant. Seems rather awkward having 1 brain shown and the rest shrouded from sight, ne?
Oh, so you got the chance to see it now Gravy, eh? Or.. was it just from the pictures on the main site?

Ryou_Bakura
19th September 2005, 3:06 AM
Im probably gonna get my head torn off for this >>

I think it was the best opening yet(dispite the spoilers) i dont know why you people are freaking out about randomness and i think that people will be relieved that more pokemon are being released(since most of them havent even heard of D/P) and i watched it in slow-mo and yes that is in fact mewtwo.

Torchic23
19th September 2005, 3:06 AM
Anybody know a place where I can watch it?

PlusleMinun
19th September 2005, 3:18 AM
Wow, its been a long time since I posted in the serebii.net forums. Anyway this new intro is very cool. I think I know why they mixed Japan's two intros because America's season 8 goes up to episode 421 (the episode that aired on Thursday in Japan). So since part of BF is included they wanted to include that. Maybe now they will reveal Manene and Rukario's english names because they are in the intro.
- Hope to most more soon - ;311; ;312;

Sharpshooter
19th September 2005, 3:30 AM
I still think the Kanto season 1 opening is the best one. Only Advanced Challenge has come close.

1)Indigo League
2)Advanced Challenge
3)Johto Journey's
4)Advanced Battle
5)Master Quest
6)Orange Islands
7)Johto Champions League
8)Advanced

Even though it's 8th, I'd still say that pokémon advanced is a good song, infact they're all good, but the top three are the ones I'd listen to the most.

Porygandrew
19th September 2005, 1:29 PM

Exactly!

I agree with your other statements, also, though I didn't hear the guitar-riff thing at the beginning.

Hao Kaiser
19th September 2005, 3:25 PM
About the Frontier brain thing...couldn't 4kids just go back and fix it for the rest of the episodes? Didn't the Japanese "season" 7 opening have a color problem with Blastoise that they eventually fixed? Not sure on that though...

I actually liked the new opening. And showing the Frontier people was probebly a big advertisement for Emerald. Nothing will ever beat Advanced Challenge though.

Heracross
19th September 2005, 10:44 PM
I seriously doubt that they would update the fronteir brains like the Japanese version. For one thing, by the time we see another brain in the dub, they'll have a new dub opening. It would make no sense to change the opening and reveal more brains when the dub is still in Houen.

wobbanut
19th September 2005, 11:02 PM
I definitely can't complain about the intro. I get to see Team Rocket TWICE in the credits for only the second time (third if you count Meowth in the Orange Island credits). Not only that, they have more screen time in these credits than the last two credits *combined*. I definitely approve. At least that was one advantage of the combined credits. The rest of the credits look awesome too. :)

The only quibble I have is about the theme song. I like the majority of it, but the "oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh" rankles me. It reminds me too much of the "do-do-do-do-do-do" of the Johto Journies theme, which I hated.

Gaiash
19th September 2005, 11:09 PM
Now that I've actually seen the opening...

-The "ooooohhhwhoooaaa"s sounds really cheesy. :/ Same with the "Advanced Battle!"s
-The guitar riff near the start of the intro was pretty cool. I'll admit that 8D
-I will now proceed to cringe at any instances of the words "battle", "unbeatable" and "undefeatable" for the next 15 minutes. The songwriters looooove repeating the same things over and over, don't they? :|

I'd kill for MORE rock Pokemon songs, they rule! Raise your goblets of rock!

ChaosMage
19th September 2005, 11:22 PM
I'd kill for MORE rock Pokemon songs, they rule! Raise your goblets of rock!

It's better than a song using badly performed rap, pop or anything else. Keep on rockin', dubbers!!!

Gaiash
20th September 2005, 9:40 AM
It's better than a song using badly performed rap, pop or anything else. Keep on rockin', dubbers!!!
true though I must say 4kids are better at rap than normal rap singers (4kids have music rather than a speacky noice and drum beat, and 4kids don't swear every verse of the song)

Faerie
20th September 2005, 4:24 PM
It's pretty good. I'd have to say it's their best yet, although I don't see why they have to get rid of the origional Japanese opening and ending...Clearly, 4Kids is trying to improve, and they're getting there. ^^

Gaiash
20th September 2005, 8:51 PM
It's pretty good. I'd have to say it's their best yet, although I don't see why they have to get rid of the origional Japanese opening and ending...Clearly, 4Kids is trying to improve, and they're getting there. ^^
hrm lets explore that shall we.

While dubbing for Teenagers, companys like ADV have no need to change the theme songs, just the text.

When dubbing for children well, half the viwers of the dub arn't going to be thinking about where its from, they'd say "Mum, what are they saying?"

Now they can't just translate the opening because it doesn't always work as well. Besides the fact they make new songs means more Pokemon music to listen to, can't argue with that huh?

Momoko Lover
20th September 2005, 10:30 PM
It was okay, but I don't think it was the best. I'd say Advanced Challenge was the best out of all of them, but it's just my opinion.

PokeTrainer7783
21st September 2005, 3:40 AM
I must tape it this Saturday if not I will be sooooooooooo mad!!!

Faerie
21st September 2005, 5:51 AM
Now they can't just translate the opening because it doesn't always work as well. Besides the fact they make new songs means more Pokemon music to listen to, can't argue with that huh?Mm...Actually I can, but I won't for the sake of getting on anyone's nerves. xD

Caseydia
21st September 2005, 10:33 PM
Has anyone noticed that the seasons of Advanced went faster than in Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto and Hoenn? I just ddin't think it was far to have brought this season in so fast after a few episodes. Unlike in Kanto, the season changed too quick after Pokemon Advanced.

Heracross
21st September 2005, 10:55 PM
The fact that they make new songs means more Pokémon music for me to not listen to. ;P

Lil Brother
21st September 2005, 10:56 PM
Has anyone noticed that the seasons of Advanced went faster than in Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto and Hoenn? I just ddin't think it was far to have brought this season in so fast after a few episodes. Unlike in Kanto, the season changed too quick after Pokemon Advanced.Dude, are you nuts? :/ Kanto lasted 1 and 1/4 seasons and Hoenn has been around for two years in the US.

CyberCubed
21st September 2005, 11:05 PM
Has anyone noticed that the seasons of Advanced went faster than in Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto and Hoenn? I just ddin't think it was far to have brought this season in so fast after a few episodes. Unlike in Kanto, the season changed too quick after Pokemon Advanced.

Well Pokemon Advance was around 40 episodes. Advance Challenge was 52. Advance Battle will be 52.

This season didn't really go by any faster if you think of the amount of episodes.

Gaiash
21st September 2005, 11:22 PM
Mm...Actually I can, but I won't for the sake of getting on anyone's nerves. xD
what? Come on, more music is a good thing

Gravy
21st September 2005, 11:54 PM
The fact that they make new songs means more Pokémon music for me to not listen to. ;P
Dammit, I was planning on saying the exact same thing XP

Personally, I think they've all sounded pretty much identical since, what? The Johto Champions season began? At least the theme for the Johto Journies and the former two seasons sounded somewhat different compared to what they've been sticking with ever since the Goldenrod episodes.
So the only changes I see when I watch the dub are rearranged animation sequences with random episode inserts. There's never anything all that different about them except a slightly different tune *shrug*~

Totodilemew
24th September 2005, 3:06 PM
I saw it yesterday, and it's really hard for me to see why so many of you are complaining. I thought it was great for a Pokémon opening. Much better than Advanced Challenge's opening, and the scenes were all pretty cool. It was probably one of the best openings in the English series.

Hotokegokoro
24th September 2005, 3:35 PM
The lyrics suck, in my oppinion, but that's usually what happens to good shows with awsome Japanese intros....they get butchered in the process of being dubbed and edited. The intro itself is nice, minus the lyrics =/

Solarbeam Venusaur
24th September 2005, 3:39 PM
When I first saw this the cloaked figure in the intro I thought it was Gligarman.
I looked at the intro just now and paused it as the cloaked figure looked over his/her shadow.
It's Mewtwo, He has the same horns and his head is the same shape.

Gaiash
24th September 2005, 3:39 PM
The lyrics suck, in my oppinion, but that's usually what happens to good shows with awsome Japanese intros....they get butchered in the process of being dubbed and edited. The intro itself is nice, minus the lyrics =/
Jesh the lyrics are much better than what you get in pop songs these days. You can't say the Japanese themes have been "butchered" because its not the same song, if it was new lyrics for the samesong maybe but this is an entirely new song

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
24th September 2005, 7:29 PM
I saw it again.

T'was amazing.

Best dub ever.

I dont like Advanced Challenge though.

IMO,Advanced Challenge was pathetic.

pokeworld
24th September 2005, 7:47 PM
I'd say Advance Challenge was much better. This new one isn't bad, but it isn't the greatest either.

WaluigiCubed
26th September 2005, 3:34 PM
I like the Pokemon Advanced Battle intro. The clips are pretty cool (but they do have spoilers :/) and I really like the song too.

Gaiash
26th September 2005, 3:36 PM
I saw it again.

T'was amazing.

Best dub ever.

I dont like Advanced Challenge though.

IMO,Advanced Challenge was pathetic.
pathetic? How?

Kthleen
27th September 2005, 2:50 AM
pathetic? How?Indeed. "This Dream" (P:AC's opening) has much better progressions. The video wasn't the best (I hate it when they speed things up!), but the song was very pretty. P:AB's opening is too happy and that guitar riff is slightly annoying. Also it has that silly-sounding "Advanced Battle!" thing they yell (twice!). And it feels too long, dadgummit.

V Faction
27th September 2005, 4:06 AM
Advanced Battle! We're battling.... advanced like!

AB went pretty deep with the vocals. Hell, that "OooOOoooH" at the start knocked my socks off. And it kept the familiar guitar riffs that I enjoy, so I can't consider it all bad. I just WISH they didn't add and then speed up so much content. Content, mind you, that could've been saved.

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
27th September 2005, 4:16 AM
pathetic? How?

Well,to me,AC was weird because of reasons I cant think of.

Oh yeah.

The lyrics are terrible.That's the reason.

wobbanut
27th September 2005, 6:46 PM
I LOVED Advanced Challenge myself. Here's my two cents:

Advanced Challenge --> Great theme song, bad credits (too fast, too little Team Rocket)

Advanced Battle --> Bad theme song, great credits (twice the Team Rocket!! :D )

Sharpshooter
27th September 2005, 6:55 PM
Haven't seen the credits intro yet for Advanced Battle but the one for Advanced Challenge was equally as good as it's main intro.

~Ψ_Madame_Leota_Ψ~
27th September 2005, 7:17 PM
When I first saw this the cloaked figure in the intro I thought it was Gligarman.
I looked at the intro just now and paused it as the cloaked figure looked over his/her shadow.
It's Mewtwo, He has the same horns and his head is the same shape.

Where did you get a download of the intro????? I've been looking all over for one!!

Anyway, what impressed me about that scene was not only just because it was Mewtwo, but because the incredible jumping ability he displayed . . . seems that those big hips really ARE muscle after all . . .

Gaiash
27th September 2005, 10:33 PM
I wonder if I convince the College to let me record me singing Advance Battle

Edit: Boo-ya! I saw an advert on Toonami. We Brits are getting Pokemon Advanced Battle on Toonami October 10th. I'm so excited, now I just need to have my Ash costume made by the College textiles department and everything will be AWESOME!!

BlueFlameCharizard
1st October 2005, 4:05 PM
I just saw it... o_O()

Why are they using the Battlefrontier introduction in it.... ~sweatdrop~
I wonder how many people are now wondering who Rukario is... as well as the new pokes that have been listed...

Rex Kamex
1st October 2005, 4:19 PM
I just saw it... o_O()

Why are they using the Battlefrontier introduction in it.... ~sweatdrop~

Like it was mentioned before, the Battle Fronteir starts in this season. 4Kids hasn't been changing the theme song that much recently between seasons. The last one was Advanced, but then again, Advanced began a new series even in Japan.

I wonder how many people are now wondering who Rukario is... as well as the new pokes that have been listed...

That makes the theme song more interesting because many people won't know who they are yet.

Lil Brother
1st October 2005, 4:56 PM
Like it was mentioned before, the Battle Fronteir starts in this season. 4Kids hasn't been changing the theme song that much recently between seasons.Season 1: Kanto
Season 2: Kanto and Orange Islands
Season 3: Orange Islands and Johto
Season 4: Johto
Season 5: Johto
Season 6: Johto and Hoenn
Season 7: Hoenn
Season 8: Hoenn and Battle Fronteir

See? It was completely unneccesary to do this. It's not like we've never had more than one reigon per season before.

*Ra*
1st October 2005, 9:48 PM
yes finally saw the intro, sadly i won't be able to watch it because they stopped airing pokemon where i live, i still download episodes though, and i just downloaded the intro.

I like it, though you guys are right it does contain spoilers, but the pace of the video is pretty quick so most people won't notice too much. It does copy the 2 japanese intros and combines which is weird.

Dogasu
1st October 2005, 10:44 PM
It was completely unneccesary to do this. It's not like we've never had more than one reigon per season before.

And it's not like 4Kids hasn't spoiled things way before they should have, either. You guys are acting like this is the first time they've ever done this sort of thing.

Rex Kamex
1st October 2005, 11:55 PM
And with Advanced's case, they changed both the theme song and the name. Even with a new season, they kept the name Master Quest until Ash got to Hoenn, which they had to change because they already called it Advanced in the sneak peek.

PokeTrainer7783
10th October 2005, 6:15 AM
Well I finally got to listen to the theme. I still haven't seen it yet cause I just haven't had time to tape it on Saturdays. Maybe if I see it with the opening it'll have different meaning but just listening to the song it sounds just like "Pokemon Advanced Challenge." It's still kinda corny.

Gaiash
10th October 2005, 9:38 AM
Advanced Battle is coming today here in the UK, I can't wait to see the intro on my TV screen.

Factory Head Noland
10th October 2005, 6:48 PM
I really love the new intro, it's so kewl (I'm so glad it's not a slow one) Nice and rocky, just the way I like it ^^

I'm not too sure about the two intro's being turned into one though...When we see the Frontier Brains, only Noland is coloured which I don't like as we haven't seen him yet (or the others) so why is he only coloured? I say keep 'em all in the dark until we've seen them!

Deoxys & Jirachi
10th October 2005, 6:51 PM
i really love the new theme because it looks so cool.

Protectobot Maximus
10th October 2005, 7:00 PM
Yay! TR get a Manene!

I personally think it had too many spoilers [Destiny Deoxys by the look of it and they shouldn't have put in the Frontier Brains]

ChaosMage
10th October 2005, 7:38 PM
Yay! TR get a Manene!

I personally think it had too many spoilers [Destiny Deoxys by the look of it and they shouldn't have put in the Frontier Brains]

Not for another 55 or so episodes, though. They (maybe) get it in early season 9.

Anyhoo, it is a nice intro, and the dub series in general seems to be getting better. It's worth 50 of that bloody Chronicles opening!

Torkoal Stu
10th October 2005, 8:02 PM
Best. Intro. Ever. 'Nuff Said, well closely followed by Master Quest, Advance, Chronicals and Challenge.

I mainly love the first bit you know the Ash sending out his Pokemon and the music is so cool. Also only one Torkoal scene ;_; Not saying Avance Challenge had many but it had more than one :( Anyway I love the lyrics and the bit with Munchlax eating the flowers was great, the best part has to be when Team Rocket are dancing. Manenne has the cute-est expression ever at that point. Dont you just think so?

I did like the music, alot if you couldn't tell.

poke_girl
10th October 2005, 8:32 PM
The Brains arn't in it till the end of Hoenn.. quite a way away.. why show em???

CyberCubed
10th October 2005, 8:46 PM
Because this season includes the end of Hoenn and the beginning of the frontier saga.

ChaosMage
10th October 2005, 9:39 PM
Because it will still be relevent at the ned of the series. Everything in Advance Challenge except Chimecho was spoiled so that no-one could accuse it of being out-of-date. The only exception in this intro is that Manene isn't caught in Battle and Snorunt will have evolved by the end of the saga.

Rex Kamex
12th October 2005, 10:18 PM
The Brains arn't in it till the end of Hoenn.. quite a way away.. why show em???

Either they would've made a new theme song during the Frontier arc, or they would've just did a combination of each arc for the eight season's theme song, which they did.

Many people are thinking that many people are going to wonder who Rukario and Manene are because they haven't heard of those two Pokemon ahead of time. That's actually normal in theme songs because at first you don't necessarilly know who everybody is in the theme songs at first. Theme songs do that all the time, especially Japanese anime songs. There isn't much of a point for having a theme song that fits for the first episode and then gets outdated a few episodes later, which is why I don't care that they're in the theme song.

Also for any people who've never heard of any other 4th generation Pokemon besides Munchlax, they'll think of the new theme song as more interesting.

skarmachild
13th October 2005, 1:03 AM
Pokemon Series 6 AG music was the best, Japanese + American. Japanese more so IMO, havent heard the 8th though. I wish the intros we're longer though.

suavesky
13th October 2005, 2:26 AM
it was catchy

Kanto Trio
13th October 2005, 3:20 AM
Is it just me or do I have a really bad taste? Well, I actually liked the new intro. I found it really catchy, and I like the tune.

Umi Mizuno
13th October 2005, 3:28 AM
It's pretty ok but I they should work on that OOOOH and the Advance BATTLE singing parts . now i just thought that was weird....

TPMX
14th October 2005, 10:37 PM
I have the intro! It's at my forum. If you take it, doesn't matter. Link changes every week. Enjoy it, after this time, it's only open to those who sign up at my forum.....

http://www.freewebs.com/quotestarrunner/Pokemon_Advanced_Battle_The_Pikamaster.mp3

If it's invalid, right-click and press Save Target As. Again, next week, this is REALLY invalid.

Sharpshooter
14th October 2005, 11:02 PM
After seeing the first three episodes of the series today on Toonami, I actually think the credits is even better than the opening itself.

skarmachild
15th October 2005, 1:41 AM
I really like the new song after listening to it.

One problem:
Advanced Battle, stupid voice doint that. I like the "whooahaha" and the lyrics. But Ash isnt unbeatable cause he never wins in the league, but what are ya gunna do. Is Ash ever going to win?

charger170
15th October 2005, 11:21 AM
CHIMECHO WAS SO MUCH COOLER THAN SMELLY MANENE!!!!!!

WHY WOULD JAMES DITCH HIS SICLY CHIMECHO!?!?! ITS HEAL BELL SHOULD HAVE HELP OUT WAY MORE THAN IT DID....

...I want to cry....

Factory Head Noland
15th October 2005, 1:06 PM
Spoiler tags people, they're your friend when your not in the spoiler forum. charger170 and skarmachild.

I love the new intro, it's so catchy and great ^^ One of the best.

Rex Kamex
16th October 2005, 12:28 AM
I really like the new song after listening to it.

One problem:
Advanced Battle, stupid voice doint that. I like the "whooahaha" and the lyrics. But Ash isnt unbeatable cause he never wins in the league, but what are ya gunna do. Is Ash ever going to win?

Then again though, Ash isn't the one singing, so the anonymous person who is singing could be unbeatable.

Black Hayate
16th October 2005, 4:00 AM
I love it, but it has LOTS of spoilers. One of my frineds saw it and told me," Abe, what was that blue pokemon sitting on the tree?" My cousin told me that bonsly, Munchlax, Manyula and Rukario are in it.

Kanadian Kyuubi
16th October 2005, 2:06 PM
Don't forget about Manene, James's new Pokemon!

ChaosMage
16th October 2005, 5:46 PM
I want Speed Deoxys to have an episode!!! You can't deny it needs one!

skarmachild
18th October 2005, 9:54 PM
CHIMECHO WAS SO MUCH COOLER THAN SMELLY MANENE!!!!!!

WHY WOULD JAMES DITCH HIS SICLY CHIMECHO!?!?! ITS HEAL BELL SHOULD HAVE HELP OUT WAY MORE THAN IT DID....

...I want to cry....

What are you on? Chimecho is about as useful as Dunsparce. Manene owns you and is now officially my new favourite pokemon!! Look at him, hes adorbale. Plus my sis has a big plushie of him from the pkmn center in Japan. It's awesome (the center and Manene plush)

Then again though, Ash isn't the one singing, so the anonymous person who is singing could be unbeatable.

And who's that? Richie?! Max?! Wait yeh, must be Max, he's so unbeatable.

Rex Kamex
19th October 2005, 2:58 AM
And who's that? Richie?! Max?! Wait yeh, must be Max, he's so unbeatable.

Well, the only time I remember him battling was at the Trainer's School, and he didn't lose that battle because it was interuppted, so technically, Max could be unbeatable.

But seriously, it's obviously not Ash, so as long as the singer isn't beatable, there isn't a problem.

Satoshi
20th October 2005, 6:19 AM
People are taking the words of the song a little too literally. >_>;

The song says "unbeatable" because a trainer's goal is to be unbeatable. :rolleyes:

Gaiash
21st October 2005, 2:13 PM
People are taking the words of the song a little too literally. >_>;

The song says "unbeatable" because a trainer's goal is to be unbeatable. :rolleyes:
exactly plus its a song. Ever heard that song "Words Greatest", its a song live with it.

I really want to sing Unbeatable, its an awesome intro. But who would be willing to make the background music for me, or do the "whooahohohoh" and "Adanced Battle"?

wobbanut
21st October 2005, 11:04 PM
I don't mean to be a pest, but is this thread ever going to close? It's five weeks into the season already.

Hejiru
27th October 2005, 10:22 PM
I loved the intro. (Wow, they showed every single legendary in the intro.) But who is that pokemon in the cape jumped into the sky like that? Is it a new D/P pkmn? Or is it Rukario, like my friend says? It dosent look like Rukario....

Porygandrew
27th October 2005, 10:24 PM
I loved the intro. (Wow, they showed every single legendary in the intro.) But who is that pokemon in the cape jumped into the sky like that? Is it a new D/P pkmn? Or is it Rukario, like my friend says? It dosent look like Rukario....

It's mewtwo.

Hejiru
27th October 2005, 10:26 PM
..........Mewtwo dosent have four creepy glowing eyes...........
Besides, why would Mewtwo be in the intro for Advanced Battle?

Gravy
27th October 2005, 10:29 PM
..........Mewtwo dosent have four creepy glowing eyes...........
Besides, why would Mewtwo be in the intro for Advanced Battle?
WHY WOULD ALL THE OTHER LEGENDARIES BE THERE TOO?!

I don't see where the hell you got the idea he has 'four glowing eyes'. Though I do happen to know that double vision usually indicates that corrective eyewear is needed.

For the record, I still find it hillarious that so many people have (or had) a difficult time telling that its Mewtwo. Because I fail to see how it could be anything but Mewtwo.

G'night all!

Hejiru
27th October 2005, 10:31 PM
For the record, I still find it hillarious that so many people have (or had) a difficult time telling that its Mewtwo. Because I fail to see how it could be anything but Mewtwo.

Since when does Mewtwo have four creepy glowing eyes?

Gravy
27th October 2005, 10:36 PM
Since when does Mewtwo have four creepy glowing eyes?
Since never. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/never.jpg)

Heracross
27th October 2005, 10:48 PM
Breaking news today in the scientific community as scholars discover that 1=4!

Hejiru
27th October 2005, 10:55 PM
Since never.

That looks nothing like mewtwo! And he dosent have eyes like that!

Oh, and heracross, whats your point?

;132;This is my 300th post!;132;

Heracross
27th October 2005, 10:59 PM
I was sarcastically making fun of your incompetence. ;/

The point is, if you don't think it's Myuutsuu then you're wrong.

Hejiru
27th October 2005, 11:02 PM
The point is, if you don't think it's Myuutsuu then you're wrong.

What is Myuutsu?

Heracross
27th October 2005, 11:08 PM
What is Myuutsu?
Try pronouncing it and see what happens. :o

Gravy
27th October 2005, 11:09 PM
Oh, so THATS why I got a D on my Maths exam! :D

Yes it does~ (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Gravyyy/ohnoes.jpg)
I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

Heracross
27th October 2005, 11:13 PM
Aaaaand, Gravy ftw.

Love the labels, man. XD

LBB
27th October 2005, 11:13 PM

ok before you say anything ( or flame) i just wanted to ask who is tucker?
pls dont flame

Serebii
27th October 2005, 11:52 PM
Tucker is the Frontier Brain who dresses like a Fairy

indigestible_wad
27th October 2005, 11:52 PM
That looks so much like mewtwo it's not even funny. And what's with basing it's whole appearance on the eyes?

His point was sarcasm. Generally sarcasm points out the obvious or makes fun of another person in an indirect way.

Hejiru
28th October 2005, 2:28 AM
Generally sarcasm points out the obvious or makes fun of another person in an indirect way.

No Duh.

Yes it does~
I don't think I can make it any clearer than that.

I still dont think it looks like mewtwo.

Adios. :D

Gaiash
29th October 2005, 12:51 AM
No Duh.

Hes wearing a freaking cloak. His heads easy to notice. Mewtwo ears for example plus Mewtwos eyes glowed purple in Mewtwo Strikes back and Mewtwo Returns. Yeah thats Mewtwo, hes gone and pulled a Rokusho by getting a cloak.

Satoshi
29th October 2005, 4:46 AM
I thought the Myuutsuu disscussion was over.....>.>

You're contradicying yourself, you know. You said it showed every single legendary, so that Pokemon that jumped into the sky has to be Myuutsuu. :)

What is Myuutsu?
What do you think? >_>

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/5784/omg8gy.jpg http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/7810/omgedited5eu.jpg
(Four eyes, my a**)Hmmmm.....That looks like Myuutsuu....But in your theory, it isn't......

OMG! Myuutsuu has a brother! :o

PokeTrainer7783
29th October 2005, 9:03 AM
I still haven't taped any episodes yet from Advance Battle. *cries* I guess I could tape it tomorrow though. :D