PDA

View Full Version : Why did the writers remove Misty?

Pages : [1] 2

pokelover
11th September 2005, 12:30 AM
is misty ever going to come back? :surfpika:

Satoshi
11th September 2005, 12:33 AM
Maybe, but it depends, some people don't like the Azurill she has (since it makes her lose her firery attitude) and wants her to shove it in a Monster Ball, and the writers have to do what the fans want, so if they get rid of Azurill (or at least put it in a Monster Ball) then maybe she'll come back.

I personally want her to come back, considering she was my favorite female character.

Wolf Goddess
11th September 2005, 12:46 AM
Oh yay, another "Will Misty return?" thread. (http://darthno.ytmnd.com)

More than likely, she will not. They pretty much exhausted her character.

CyberCubed
11th September 2005, 12:49 AM
She'll have a few appearences here and there, but I have my doubts of her ever returning as a main character.

.:Sen:.
11th September 2005, 12:56 AM
Nobody knows, i didnt really like Misty, but now that May is in it, she kills the mood, shes so quiet and dull, atleast Misty screamed and made me laugh at times, they should somehow replace May for Misty again, but i doubt thats ever gonna happen.

CyberCubed
11th September 2005, 12:58 AM
Wow, I've never heard anyone refer to May as "quiet" before. That's new.

Wolf Goddess
11th September 2005, 12:59 AM
Nobody knows, i didnt really like Misty, but now that May is in it, she kills the mood, shes so quiet and dull, atleast Misty screamed and made me laugh at times, they should somehow replace May for Misty again, but i doubt thats ever gonna happen.

..This does happen to be a debate about if you think that Misty will come back, not which one you like better. ¬¬

.:Sen:.
11th September 2005, 12:59 AM
What i meant was like, when she talks its like in a plain mood (its pretty hard to explain) but when Misty talked there was this thing in her voice thats freaky and cool at the same time, and i miss that.

pokelover
11th September 2005, 1:02 AM
i was just wandering sens she was my favorite character

Seijiro Mafuné
11th September 2005, 1:29 AM
You weren't wandering sens. Sens are not easy to wander as.

You were wondering since.

And I doubt it. She's had her spot on the limelight for 5 seasons straight. I say she should take a break.

Ridley-X4
11th September 2005, 1:50 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/fng_nick_101st/TechTV/9d51dadf.jpg

Adam: I rate this thread a 1 out of 5.

On-topic: Definetly not likely.

Tifa
11th September 2005, 1:57 AM
Lmao Ridley
[On Topic]
I agree with Wolf Goddess, they did exhaust her character, and my only question about her return is what has she got to come back for, shes been travelling with ash for 5 seasons, been a friend to him, helped him, Blah, but even so they brought in two new characters (why they kept brock ill never know), if shes going to come back, shell just do the same thing she did as the last 5 seasons, and personally i liked it when they took her out, and brought in two new characters, but from earlier posts, i love that azurill she has :o

kukkyou_ooraka
11th September 2005, 2:21 AM
The only reason Misty would be a main character again is if she had a much bigger role, along the line of May and her contests. So the writers will have to make a contest in which Misty can partisipate in, or she wont be back.

Jesse GS the II
11th September 2005, 3:24 AM
Kasumi's run her course. She's got her bike back, she's got her gym, she released Togechick - there's nothing more for her to do. Unless the writers come up with a new premise for her character, I say keep her out of the picture. Besides, Haruka was a perfect replacement, since her role as the "newbie" Pokémon trainer offers a great deal of character development.

High Commander Solomon
11th September 2005, 4:00 AM
I'm sorry, she's not coming back. Didn't you hear about the new Chronicles ep in which the secret of the Vermillion truck is revealed? She gets run over by Psyduck, and the episode ends with Psyduck attempting to find and kill Richie.

pokelover
11th September 2005, 6:31 AM
that makes no sinces

pokelover
11th September 2005, 6:54 AM
sorry i cant spell to save my life

kukkyou_ooraka
11th September 2005, 6:57 AM
^ Well obviously. And what in the hell is HCS talkin about??

Heracross
11th September 2005, 8:42 AM
He was joking. ¬¬

kukkyou_ooraka
11th September 2005, 8:52 AM
I know it was f-ing hilarious! =/

mannyguy
11th September 2005, 7:39 PM
Pesonally I would like to see her back but like some of you said with a bigger part. Also as far as I am concerned May can have her legs amputated(mispelled most likely) and never come back. I mean she has the whole contest thing but her personally is to plain. Misty had more of an attitude and personality. For example if ash calls may Ugly she will probably just talk in an objective voice and cry, on the other hand misty would fight back and throw an attitude that gave POKEMON more of a friends don't always have to get along feel. Anyways May fine but Misty really needs to come back! Besides i heard misty was taken out because her "voice" quit its not like the creaters were like she sucks no one likes her GET HER OUT!

CyberCubed
11th September 2005, 7:52 PM
Misty had more of an attitude and personality.

Which lasted until the Orange Islands arc at the most. She had very little to no personality afterwards. Her "attitude" started to fade as soon as Togepi hatched. Why people keep thinking she always acted like she did in Kanto is beyond me.

For example if ash calls may Ugly she will probably just talk in an objective voice and cry

Oh really? Have you seen "The Bicker the Better"? May nearly chewed off Ash's head in that episode. Saying she would just do nothing but "cry" shows me you have no idea what you're talking about.

on the other hand misty would fight back and throw an attitude that gave POKEMON more of a friends don't always have to get along feel.

Misty's arguments with Ash were frequent in Kanto, mild in the Orange Islands, and almost non-existant in Johto. They were funny yes, but Misty "always" patched things up with Ash afterwards. They're good friends, they don't hate each other.

Anyways May fine but Misty really needs to come back! Besides i heard misty was taken out because her "voice" quit its not like the creaters were like she sucks no one likes her GET HER OUT!

Misty's Japanese voice actress never quit, the writers just decided to remove her from the show. It has nothing to do with her voice actress.

mannyguy
11th September 2005, 7:56 PM
Ok well i heard somewhere in the forum that the lady quit I didn't believe it but it was assured to me so I guess its true. I know misty and ash are good friends, my point is that even good friends fight. Yes may can be fiesty and whatnot, but even so I just prefer Misty, May can stay on the series but even so I would like to see misty back.

Team Rocket Admin
11th September 2005, 7:58 PM
Yeah she'll be back, but it's a matter of when.

mannyguy
11th September 2005, 8:00 PM
Yeah Hope she does. Then Misty and May can have a battle, that would be an episode to remember.

Team Rocket Admin
11th September 2005, 8:01 PM
Yeah Hope she does. Then Misty and May can have a battle, that would be an episode to remember.
Yeah, but that battle would probably go VERY quickly, as Misty has better Pokemon.

Seijiro Mafuné
11th September 2005, 8:23 PM
If they use the Pokémon Jesse GS says she'd use, yeah, sure. But it'd also depend on the terms of battle - on a 3-on-3, it could go to May.

Nobody cares about my opinion though.

PokeTrainer7783
11th September 2005, 9:57 PM
As most people think, I also think Misty has pretty much run her course on the show. I think she might make an apperance once in a while IF that but I don't think she'll be in the show like she had been. Besides it's nice to give some new characters air.

Sharpshooter
12th September 2005, 1:05 AM
Well the anti-Misty fans have dug their own grave by over-confidently saying she wont be coming back, it would be funny to see them fall in it if she does.

Lol I'd be laughing my head off actually.

PokeTrainer7783
12th September 2005, 1:17 AM
Hey I liked Misty, I actually forgot all about her bike being destroyed about halfway through the show. After awhile at least I kinda forgot she supposedly was just following Ash until he gave her a new bike. Which I never for once believed one min she was just traveling with him for that after a few episodes. Wasn't until after the Johto League that I remembered oh yeah that's right her bike! She did annoy me at times, but hey Ash annoys me a hell of a lot more then her so that's saying something I guess. Ash and Misty are very much alike their both extrmely stubborn which makes them at times clash. But for now it's "Bye, Bye, Misty"

Nathan Madien
12th September 2005, 5:24 PM
sorry i cant spell to save my life

That's all right. No one here can really spell right.

Almighty Zard
12th September 2005, 9:54 PM
Well the anti-Misty fans have dug their own grave by over-confidently saying she wont be coming back, it would be funny to see them fall in it if she does.

Lol I'd be laughing my head off actually.

i couldn't care less if she did or not, and could a mod please close this i've seen enough of these

Jesse GS the II
12th September 2005, 10:05 PM
That's all right. No one here can really spell right.

As Peavey the druggist said on "The Great Gildersleeve Show", "Well, now, I wouldn't say that."

(I don't expect any of you to get that reference, so don't try.)

cold_katanagirl
12th September 2005, 11:34 PM
I doubt it. Maybe for a couple episodes, but not as a permanent traveling character for reasons already stated. At this point though, I don't care if she does.

Lol I'd be laughing my head off actually.I think it was funnier when people thought Misty was staying during the Togetic episodes.

It was also funny when people thought she'd be returning to give Ash and co a ride on her Gyarados because they obviously were incapable of taking a boat.

It was even funnier when people thought she'd turn up as Wallace's apprentice.

I almost died laughing when Misty didn't come to the Hoenn League.

I was cracking up when people thought Misty was staying during the three episodes in Kanto when it was already proven she was going to leave.

And the funniest of all is that even though they're in the same region, Misty left and she seems to be stuck at her gym. Again.

Lol.

CyberCubed
12th September 2005, 11:35 PM
God bless you cold katanagirl. :D

Wolf Goddess
12th September 2005, 11:56 PM
I think it was funnier when people thought Misty was staying during the Togetic episodes.

It was also funny when people thought she'd be returning to give Ash and co a ride on her Gyarados because they obviously were incapable of taking a boat.

I was cracking up when people thought Misty was staying during the three episodes in Kanto when it was already proven she was going to leave.

And the funniest of all is that even though they're in the same region, Misty left and she seems to be stuck at her gym. Again.

Lol.

This is why CKG owns.

Sharpshooter
13th September 2005, 2:08 AM
I doubt it. Maybe for a couple episodes, but not as a permanent traveling character for reasons already stated. At this point though, I don't care if she does.
I think it was funnier when people thought Misty was staying during the Togetic episodes.

Lol.

Clever, your mom right that for you?

The balls in their court though, she isn't in the animé at the moment, everything they'd want I suppose. So I guess from that they've got everything to loose and little to gain, on the other hand it's completely the opposite for us. Absolutley nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Make sure you don't drop the ball now!

Wolf Goddess
13th September 2005, 2:13 AM
Clever, your mom right that for you?

Oh, have to use personal insults because she owned your *** through logic?

The balls in their court though, she isn't in the animé at the moment, everything they'd want I suppose. So I guess from that they've got everything to loose and little to gain, on the other hand it's completely the opposite for us. Absolutley nothing to loose and everything to gain.

This has to do with her coming back to the anime...how?

CyberCubed
13th September 2005, 2:40 AM
I only found what cold kanatagirl posted very funny because it's the truth. As the new episodes of Hoenn were airing, EVERY single one of those points were made by desperate Misty fans who were all hoping she'd come back. They all got their hopes up for Misty to be at the Sootopolis GYM for some reason (WTF?) or for Misty to meet and stay with Ash from the Hoenn league onward.

It's perfectly understandable that people want to see their favorite character back in the anime, but the amount of elitism found in the Misty fanbase, (who also happen to be mostly Pokeshippers by the way, thus giving the "good" Pokeshippers a bad name) to be staggerring.

Rodi
13th September 2005, 3:13 AM
Didn't misty rejoin the group for the battle fronteir saga?

Wolf Goddess
13th September 2005, 3:15 AM
Didn't misty rejoin the group for the battle fronteir saga?

She came back. For three episodes. Then left.

Rodi
13th September 2005, 3:16 AM
Oh that sucks. :<

She needs to come back for the d/p region

Sharpshooter
13th September 2005, 3:24 AM
Oh, have to use personal insults because she owned your *** through logic?

Why wasn't it funny?

This has to do with her coming back to the anime...how?

Why you think I was talking about weather or something?

Just saying don't blow your trumpet too hard, it's not known what the situation is with her fully. I'm not one for clichés but "The bigger they become the harder they fall" springs to mind right now.

PDL
13th September 2005, 3:39 AM
pfft... I used to actually like Misty... I liked the Kanto Misty... Orange Islands Misty... even Jotho Misty was okay...

I still liked her when she left the show, but the constant bickerings of "OMG I wnat Mistee bak!" from insane pokeshippers made me started to dislike her now...

now I think she should be axed from the show permanently to stop the whining once and for all...

Satoshi
13th September 2005, 3:50 AM
I only found what cold kanatagirl posted very funny because it's the truth. As the new episodes of Hoenn were airing, EVERY single one of those points were made by desperate Misty fans who were all hoping she'd come back. They all got their hopes up for Misty to be at the Sootopolis GYM for some reason (WTF?) or for Misty to meet and stay with Ash from the Hoenn league onward.
It makes sense why they got their hopes up, how would you feel if a favorite character of yours was gone for a while but made an appearence?

It's perfectly understandable that people want to see their favorite character back in the anime, but the amount of elitism found in the Misty fanbase, (who also happen to be mostly Pokeshippers by the way, thus giving the "good" Pokeshippers a bad name) to be staggerring.
It also makes sense why most of the Kasumi fanbase are us Pokeshippers, just like most of the Advanceshippers mostly being anti-Kasumi fans. ;)

Seriously, they CAN bring Kasumi back since Takeshi and Masato are also loosing their edge and since they CAN bring back her firery old attitude, but even if they bring back her old attitude back, anti-Kasumi fans will rant about how mean she is. >_> Yet, that's another chance for the anti-Kasumi fans to take out Kasumi again, right?

Anything is possible.

Edit: To the above poster: She can't be axed out the show just because people are whining, she wa an original main character and the writers aren't just going to axe her out. -_-;

Eric Cartman
13th September 2005, 3:55 AM
There is a very good chance that Misty will return. We don't know **** at the moment, so lets wait and see.

PDL
13th September 2005, 3:57 AM
Seriously, they CAN bring Kasumi back since Takeshi and Masato are also loosing their edge and since they CAN bring back her firery old attitude, but even if they bring back her old attitude back, anti-Kasumi fans will rant about how mean she is. >_> Yet, that's another chance for the anti-Kasumi fans to take out Kasumi again, right?

Anything is possible.

no it isn't :\

I'm afriad it will not be easy for Misty to revert to the attitude she once had years back, they cannot simply go back on 6 years of character development, even if it did prove harmful to the character in question... that's just terrible writing.

would you rather have Ash revert to a novice trainer who knew next to nothing about battling and capturing? because that was the very reason she was explosive in the first place... she was forced to travel with a dufus because he destoryed her bike. I'd be annoyed to if I was in that situation...

cold_katanagirl
13th September 2005, 4:02 AM
It makes sense why they got their hopes up, how would you feel if a favorite character of yours was gone for a while but made an appearence?Happens with me (with Inuyasha though) all the time. =0

Misty going back to her original character would be awkward. This may annoy some people, but I think her losing her "tomboyish" nature was meant to be a sign of maturity.

Satoshi
13th September 2005, 4:07 AM
no it isn't :\

I'm afriad it will not be easy for Misty to revert to the attitude she once had years back, they cannot simply go back on 6 years of character development, even if it did prove harmful to the character in question... that's just terrible writing.

would you rather have Ash revert to a novice trainer who knew next to nothing about battling and capturing? because that was the very reason she was explosive in the first place... she was forced to travel with a dufus because he destoryed her bike. I'd be annoyed to if I was in that situation...
Actually.......yes......... That'll actually bring comedy back to the series, rather than have TR do all the bad comedy. :/

Ya'know, they can still make Kasumi nice and still have moments to when she is pis*** off, right? >_>
but even if they bring back her old attitude back, anti-Kasumi fans will rant about how mean she is. >_> Yet, that's another chance for the anti-Kasumi fans to take out Kasumi again, right?
Which sums up my point. >_>

CyberCubed
13th September 2005, 4:12 AM
Don't get me wrong, if Misty comes back I won't mind at all. As long as Misty/May start doing girly things together and start bathing in hot springs together, I won't mind one bit.

I like Misty. I hate Misty's fanbase.

BIG difference.

Satoshi
13th September 2005, 4:17 AM
Don't get me wrong, if Misty comes back I won't mind at all. As long as Misty/May start doing girly things together and start bathing in hot springs together, I won't mind one bit.
Amen to that. :p

BIG difference.
You hate the fanbase? I'm offended. :p

Eric Cartman
13th September 2005, 4:58 AM

BIG difference.
Now we're talking :D.

PokeTrainer7783
13th September 2005, 7:35 PM
Why don't we just wait and see what's gonna happen????? Instead of debating is she coming back, is she not coming back? and as they say you can't please everyone! If they bring her back some people will be unhappy some people will.

Nathan Madien
14th September 2005, 3:15 PM

BIG difference.

May and Misty bathing together in a hot spring...there's a few ways you could interpret that. ;)

pheonix
15th September 2005, 11:33 PM
Misty was a good rowdy character but when they added May and Max in to the group all the characters became soft except Brock.

PokeTrainer7783
15th September 2005, 11:43 PM
I think Misty is probably just gonna pop in a few episodes here and there, I don't think she'll probably ever come back on the show permanetly.

sephiroth follower
16th September 2005, 6:06 PM
;249-d; team rocket could destroy her gym and she get ash :surfpika: (NOT J+J)I hope she gets back for at least 1/2 a season and for you that think togepi ;175; ;298; OR azurill ruined her character she's always had a baby :Horsea ;116; /Togepi ;175; /Azurill ;298;

Jesse GS the II
16th September 2005, 10:43 PM
team rocket could destroy her gym and she get ash (NOT J+J)I hope she gets back for at least 1/2 a season and for you that think togepi OR azurill ruined her character she's always had a baby :Horsea/Togepi/Azurill

Yeah, but she didn't carry Tatsuu around outside of its Monster Ball. She treated it as she would any other Pokémon, and thus, she maintained her personality. Togepi turned her from a confident hothead into a one-dimensional woozy-eyed mother because she spent all her time caring for it. And after Togepi evolved and left, Luriri did the same thing all over again (but at least it proved itself more useful)..

Geki
17th September 2005, 5:26 AM
This is a pretty nOObish post, but I'll post my opinion. I don't think Misty will return, maybe as a reoccuring character, but not as a main one. She has a job at the Cerulean Gym, and the writers kind of made it clear that she isn't returning, they had several chances. But don't get me wrong, I love Misty, and I'd much rather have her in the group then May, but I don't think she'll be returning as a main character.

Caseydia
17th September 2005, 5:10 PM
is misty ever going to come back? :surfpika:

With her busy coming and going all the time. I hope she doesn't anymore. it is just annyoying more than interesting any more.

pokelover
18th September 2005, 12:03 AM
i just thout didint misty and ash have a thing for each other i mean thy have a hole song on www.pokemon.com saying that?

Seijiro Mafuné
18th September 2005, 12:08 AM
I thought that was Misty-only?

Satoshi
18th September 2005, 12:10 AM
i just thout didint misty and ash have a thing for each other i mean thy have a hole song on www.pokemon.com saying that?
.....That was dubbed-created. x_x; The original creators didn't make, so it's not legit. FYI, I think Ash and Misty have a thing for each other too, but just because they do, doesn't mean Misty will come back.

xXFallenButterflyXx
18th September 2005, 12:14 AM
Besides i heard misty was taken out because her "voice" quit its not like the creaters were like she sucks no one likes her GET HER OUT!

0_o It was Gary's voice acter who mostly likely quit, not Misty's.

Oh really? Have you seen "The Bicker the Better"? May nearly chewed off Ash's head in that episode. Saying she would just do nothing but "cry" shows me you have no idea what you're talking about.

>.> Seriously. Have you even noticed that everytime Drew/Shuu makes fun of her, she doesn't start crying?

But anyways, I doubt that Misty will come back. :/

- ;078; ;121; Gary's ♥Fallen Angel♥ ;172; ;002;

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 12:24 AM

What exactly does shipping have to do with Misty coming back or not? :/

High Commander Solomon
18th September 2005, 1:49 AM
It's a dub song. It's far from canon. And yeah, shipping is kind of a subplot, so I guess it means something. How much? Not a lot, we're thrilled if the writers can mantain continuity for five consecutive episodes.

Meganium Ex
18th September 2005, 4:24 AM
I think they were tired of all the water Pokemon Misty had and they needed someone new to take her place. What about you guys?

Satoshi
18th September 2005, 4:27 AM
That's because the anti-Misty fans kept on complaining on how she got "boring". >_>

First, they say that Misty's to "mean", so the writers gave her Togepi to make Misty nice, than the anti-Misty fans say that's she's "to nice". It's because of the people that wanted her to leave.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine
18th September 2005, 4:33 AM
I'll tell you why they removed her, they (the writers) were possessed by the Devil!!!! No seriously, I don't know, perhaps to p*ss the fans off? (please forgive me, I just want Misty back as much as many of you)

Team Rocket Admin
18th September 2005, 4:40 AM
Because they are fags. Anyway Misty will be back eventually. She might be back for D/P.

Wolf Goddess
18th September 2005, 4:50 AM
Because she had exhausted her character completely, and had become unpopular.

XDLord
18th September 2005, 4:56 AM
Because n00bish fanboys like some users were annoying people.

Well, not really, but TRAdmin, Pikachu Fan number Nine and others like that, namely Pokeshippers are extremely annoying...well, Pokeshippers have gotten over it...but the few n00b ones remain.

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 5:23 AM
Oh god, not another one of these threads.

You know I used to reply to almost all threads like, "Why did they remove Misty?" or "When is Misty coming back?" or "The show jumped the shark now that Misty is gone!"

But I realized, it's pointless. People are going to continue to whine on about Misty for years and years to come. When she doesn't return for the Diamond/Pearl saga either, people will still be whining.

I guess I could type up a long post as to why the writers removed Misty, but I'd rather not. :/

Jessa
18th September 2005, 5:29 AM

You know I used to reply to almost all threads like, "Why did they remove Misty?" or "When is Misty coming back?" or "The show jumped the shark now that Misty is gone!"

But I realized, it's pointless. People are going to continue to whine on about Misty for years and years to come. When she doesn't return for the Diamond/Pearl saga, people will still be whining.

I guess I could type up a long post as to why the writers removed Misty, but I'd rather not. :/

Please would you tell me, I'm curious.

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 5:31 AM
Basically, her usefulness was worn out, and her character was exhausted to the point that they couldn't do anything new with her anymore. Same with Brock, but I have no idea why he's still here. o.O

Team Rocket Admin
18th September 2005, 5:51 AM

But I realized, it's pointless. People are going to continue to whine on about Misty for years and years to come. When she doesn't return for the Diamond/Pearl saga either, people will still be whining.

We don't know for sure if Misty is gone for good or not. I think you don't want Misty to come back because it would probably come at a cost of losing May, right? What if Misty comes back, and Brock, and Max leave? It would be Ash traveling around with two hot chicks, and things could get interesting, no? ;) :D

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 5:55 AM
Gah. Why can't you people accept that Misty is gone? She's just a cameo character now. There's no need to bring her back again. At least Brock cooks. What does she add now? Nothing. Plus, she's taking care of the Cerulean Gym. Face it, she ain't ever coming back. ;/

General Koffing
18th September 2005, 5:56 AM
We don't know that yet, so let's wait.

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 5:57 AM
No. We DO know. There's no point in her returning, and as I said, she's preoccupied with the Gym thing. ;[

General Koffing
18th September 2005, 5:58 AM
We don't know what the writers have up their sleeve, as they could be planning something big for Misty (some sort of Water Poke thing in the D/P region etc.)

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 6:00 AM
No. She AIN'T returning. There's NOTHING she could do anymore that wasn't done in the past. Plus, they already have two main characters in Ash and May. Why would they add a third and make the show ridiculously cluttered?

Plus, there was already a "big Water Pokemon thing" with Kyogre. She didn't come back fer that. Yer logic fails. 8^)

General Koffing
18th September 2005, 6:03 AM
I meant like a Water Pokemon league or something. I don't want to argue with you, as I think you're cool, and I don't want you to hate me. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't rule out the possibility.

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 6:06 AM
I meant like a Water Pokemon league or something. I don't want to argue with you, as I think you're cool, and I don't want you to hate me. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't rule out the possibility.
Uh...I don't hate anyone. I wish people would quit saying sh*t like that to/about me. -__-

And...Don't you remember the Whirl Cup competition? That's was the Water Pokemon League. So...based on that, she truly has been exhausted as a character.

MidnightScott
18th September 2005, 6:16 AM
Jynxo - who are you to say that it has been confirmed that Misty will not be coming back? She could - it's the writer's decision, not yours.

Anyway, the only reason why Misty has left is because she's a Gym Leader unlike her prissy sisters. If they didn't make Misty leave sometime there would of been no point of her being introduced as a Gym Leader in the first place. So it's only natural that they would make her leave.

Who really know's why they made her leave - but that is the only reason I can think of. If we want confirmed reason's we would have to ask the writer's.

There is also a possibility that they could get rid of Brock again like they did in the Orange Islands or May or Max. Who know's really? Maybe Misty will come back and some new guy will come along and travel with them?

It's all the writer's decision - which I don't really understand why they put the Battle Frontier in Kanto -_-; but oh well - that's the Japanese for you.

~Scott;229;

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 6:53 AM
Jynxo - who are you to say that it has been confirmed that Misty will not be coming back? She could - it's the writer's decision, not yours.
She's not coming back. Who gives a damn if I'm not a writer? Based on yer logic, they could bring the Samurai kid from the third or fourth episode back, just because it's the writers' decision. They could also make Richie a main character, just because it's the writers' decision. Point is, there's no purpose for her return. Get over it, folks.

MidnightScott
18th September 2005, 6:58 AM
Exactly - they could bring back one of those Minor Characters from the past. Yes - they could bring anyone back - like Richie or something (he's in Chronicles but that isn't show in the US Anyway) I really could care less if they got rid of Brock - Misty had more of a purpose then Brock ever did.

~Scott;229;

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 7:00 AM
Uh-huh....And pray tell, what was Misty's purpose? What did she do to help Ash? Brock cooks and can be a battle referee. Misty pulls Brock's ear. Yeah, SHE'S useful. :rolleyes:

Heracross
18th September 2005, 7:13 AM
At the time Kasumi was dumped neither she nor Takeshi served a purpose any longer. But to say that she never did anything useful isn't true at all. :s

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 7:14 AM
She didn't. ¬¬

8D

Heracross
18th September 2005, 7:50 AM
Aw, don't make me write it all out at this hour. ;_;

She:
-came up with the plan to get everyone out of the sunken SS Anne.
-sigle-handedly stopped the Menokurage and Dokukurage from destroying that city.
-helped get the pokémon back in the Eievui brothers episode.
-helped to capture the thief with the Kamonegi and get everyone's pokémon back.
-got everyone out of jail after Yamato and Kosaburou framed them.
-figured out Katsura's riddles which ultimately led to Satoshi finding the Guren Gym.
-used her pokémon to keep everyone from drowning in the first movie.
-helped build rafts so that everyone could escape the sinking Kabuto island.
-cured Satoshi and Kenji after they got a face-full of stun spore.
-got Hoho to use foresight on the illusions so that they could safely travel through the forest.
-stalled for time by battling Mi in her fantasy world.
-sent her pokémon to defend Satoshi from the resurrected Kabutops
-probably a couple more things that I can't remember. D:

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 7:54 AM
Dude, most (if not all) of the things you mentioned were also done with the help of others. You made it seem like she was some superwoman. Brock did do more than her, though.

The most Misty was was just a cheerleader for Ash, nothing more.

By the way, Hera, your fanboyishness is showing. :P

Heracross
18th September 2005, 8:03 AM
Fanboyishness for Kasumi? o_o I'm just saying that she has been helpful in the past, that's all. Heaven forbid I be classed as a Kasumi fanboy. :s

I do agree that Takeshi did more overall, but without Kasumi's help Satoshi and Takeshi would be dead twice over.

ChaosMage
18th September 2005, 9:39 AM
They wanted May in, so Misty went out. May is there to advertise RS (and every other game, by the looks of things), contests in particular. And they wanted Misty to become a leader and the bike thing to be resolved. They did the right thing.

Tifa
18th September 2005, 9:42 AM
No offense @ Misty Fans, Pokeshippers, Etc Etc, But if they bring back an old character, im going to complain, To who ever will listen ¬______¬

Infinite Master Sceptile
18th September 2005, 9:44 AM
Misty is officially a SUPPORTING character right now. The evil egg-thingy drained away all her life force, leaving her as a dull character with no discernable role. Now, we wish it had not happened, but wishing can't shape reality.

kukkyou_ooraka
18th September 2005, 9:54 AM
"In a strange voice" But I love Misty! She will be back, someway or another. The writers just need to make a role that will suit her goals. Some sort of contest maybe. But if they dont for some strange reason, not bring Misty back.....I might not watch Pokemon again.

" Goes to the Misc. Disc thread and says screw pokemon" But only! If that happens. :D

Tifa
18th September 2005, 9:59 AM
kukkyou ooraka, Did you listen to no word Sceptile said, she is a SUPPORTING character, just like Tracey is etc, She may pop up, In random episodes, but my Personal opinion, she'll never be back

Yamato-san
18th September 2005, 10:08 AM
Heracross, you do realize that most of those situations happened in filler episodes. As for the important things like the Guren gym battle and the St. Anne.... really, if she wasn't there, the writers would've done something else. For instance, why not make Takeshi suddenly seem like the smart one in those scenarios? Don't you find it sad that the Orange Islands wated the perfect opportunity for Kasumi to do anything useful, considering the area has a lot of water and she's a specialist of water Pokemon? Instead, Satoshi's the one handling all the water transportation, and Kenji's given a Mariru who deals with underwater exploration, thus leaving Kasumi to doing nothing more than Rocket battles.

Anyway, as you know, I'm friggin sick of water Pokemon and their over-excessive use of the dull-a** Water Gun technique, so I personally couldn't be happier that the water specialist was ditched. Why the hell even have a character on the show specializing in one particular type is beyond me. But if anyone else says that Kasumi will "most likely/definitely" come back with no conclusive evidence whatsoever, or suggests the pointless idea of the anime having an entire gym-like quest meant entirely for type-specialists to participate in (or another Whirl Island tournament, for that matter), I swear to god, the second that touch simulators are invented (if not already) and widespread among anyone who uses the internet, I will personally b****-slap that poor sap to no end.

Shigeru-kun
18th September 2005, 10:08 AM
Well last I knew, Pocket Monsters: Advance Generation has been pulling in more ratings (both series and movie wise) than Pocket Monsters did during the Jouto period. Therefore, I think it's pretty dang obvious Kasumi was kicked out to try and get the ratings higher. I mean, they could have very well dumped Takeshi, but didn't for two reasons.

A; Only one girl can be in the group. Sure this isn't officially known, but it just seems how they're gonna keep it.

B; Takeshi had been removed before and people were furious. Better to take off Kasumi then make the mistake by removing Takeshi again.

So the end result was Kasumi. She was kicked and the ratings went back up...so why fix something that isn't broken?

kukkyou_ooraka
18th September 2005, 10:14 AM
kukkyou ooraka, Did you listen to no word Sceptile said, she is a SUPPORTING character, just like Tracey is etc, She may pop up, In random episodes, but my Personal opinion, she'll never be back

Does it look like I give a **** what Sceptiles Opinion is? He didnt even give a good reason why she is just a supporting character.

Tifa
18th September 2005, 10:17 AM
@ Yamoto-San - Lmao, Well i totally agree with everything you said there, I wasnt sick of the water pokemon, it was just Misty, that was doing my head in,

@ Shigeru-Kun - Ty! For pointing out useful Information!

kukkyou_ooraka
18th September 2005, 10:18 AM
Does it look like I give a **** what Sceptiles Opinion is? He didnt even give a good reason why she is just a supporting character.

Edit: I meant to say his opinion on Misty never coming back, but I do agree she is now just a supporting character. Sorry ^^;

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 10:18 AM
Uh...What the hell? It's not an opinion. It's a FACT. Hell, she's not even a supporting character anymore. She's been reduced to a cameo character. You need to use common sense.

ChaosMage
18th September 2005, 10:22 AM
Heracross, you do realize that most of those situations happened in filler episodes. As for the important things like the Guren gym battle and the St. Anne.... really, if she wasn't there, the writers would've done something else. For instance, why not make Takeshi suddenly seem like the smart one in those scenarios? Don't you find it sad that the Orange Islands wated the perfect opportunity for Kasumi to do anything useful, considering the area has a lot of water and she's a specialist of water Pokemon? Instead, Satoshi's the one handling all the water transportation, and Kenji's given a Mariru who deals with underwater exploration, thus leaving Kasumi to doing nothing more than Rocket battles.

Anyway, as you know, I'm friggin sick of water Pokemon and their over-excessive use of the dull-a** Water Gun technique, so I personally couldn't be happier that the water specialist was ditched. Why the hell even have a character on the show specializing in one particular type is beyond me. But if anyone else says that Kasumi will "most likely/definitely" come back with no conclusive evidence whatsoever, or suggests the pointless idea of the anime having an entire gym-like quest meant entirely for type-specialists to participate in (or another Whirl Island tournament, for that matter), I swear to god, the second that touch simulators are invented (if not already) and widespread among anyone who uses the internet, I will personally b****-slap that poor sap to no end.

If only they'd been less stubborn and evolved Psyduck. That was truly the cheapest episode in history. The rule of evolution- if they're interesting to the kids and have ANY kind of running joke, they cannot possibly evolve.

Tifa
18th September 2005, 10:25 AM
Either way Misty has the poorest chance of coming back, Bringing back an old character, Is soo going to what is it, Drop the ratings

kukkyou_ooraka
18th September 2005, 10:28 AM
Uh...What the hell? It's not an opinion. It's a FACT. Hell, she's not even a supporting character anymore. She's been reduced to a cameo character. You need to use common sense.

Read my edit, uh-duh!!

Ethereal
18th September 2005, 10:30 AM
Read my edit, uh-duh!!
I read it, moron. I just wasn't going to delete or edit my post. ;/

jynx
18th September 2005, 2:03 PM
Misty's behaviour gained a lot of hatred across Asia.

Most Asian fans hate her. That' what I collected from other forums.

The Big Al
18th September 2005, 2:26 PM
I guess. But she was basically useless by the end of the Johto arc (though I thought all three were useless and I thought they would have truly started anew with Advanced Generation). Sadly, Ash still had to be around but he's gone flat. Then they broght in May and Max who are just annoying from the start. Then they bring back Brock who is been made into a walking cliche like TR. We need new main characters. BADLY!

Jo-Jo
18th September 2005, 3:17 PM
Oh, a Misty topic. There's a novelty. :D (I'm only kidding, I like these discussions, really.)

Anyhoo, I'm not certain exactly why Misty was removed. Most people reckon she got ditched because she was boring, but that theory always felt a bit off to me - partly because she was no less boring than Brock, but mainly because the people who say that tend to be rabid Misty-bashers, so I suspect they aren't exactly being objective. ;) The fact is, the writers have continued giving Misty quite a lot to do, despite being off the main series: she's gotten to star in a number of HoSos and a two-parter resolving the Togepi subplot; she was brought back for three episodes, the last of which gave her a lot of bonding time with Max, a main character; and she's had several Pokemon captures. Plus, a quick look at most forums will tell you straight away that she still has a lot of fans, more so than Brock or Max. So I think there must be another reason she was taken off.

My best guess is that she was simply unlucky. The writers planned to bring in two new characters for AG, May and Max; added to Ash, Brock and Misty, that would have made five leads. Far too many, given how poorly the show handles characterisation. Ash, obviously, can't be booted off, so either Misty or Brock had to go. These are the possible reasons why Misty was chosen:

- Brock was more popular at the time
- The writers didn't want two girls on the team
- They didn't want to risk the backlash from Brock fans that they got in Orange flaring up again
- They thought they could get better HoSo storylines out of Misty
- The head writer prefered Brock
- They couldn't be bothered to think of a new way for the group to get regular meals
- They selected Misty at random.

As for whether she'll come back, I think she's in with a small chance, but only if the show lasts for another several years. Watching Pokemon Chronicles, it became apparent that the writers meant to settle Misty in Cerulean. They based a whole episode around her struggling to become a good gym leader, and I think I remember her once saying that she'd found her true calling. However, it's possible that in the future they'll decide that they want her back to give the show a ratings' boost, or whatever.

Meganium Ex
18th September 2005, 3:23 PM
Oh, a Misty topic. There's a novelty. :D (I'm only kidding, I like these discussions, really.)

Anyhoo, I'm not certain exactly why Misty was removed. Most people reckon she got ditched because she was boring, but that theory always felt a bit off to me - partly because she was no less boring than Brock, but mainly because the people who say that tend to be rabid Misty-bashers, so I suspect they aren't exactly being objective. ;) The fact is, the writers have continued giving Misty quite a lot to do, despite being off the main series: she's gotten to star in a number of HoSos and a two-parter resolving the Togepi subplot; she was brought back for three episodes, the last of which gave her a lot of bonding time with Max, a main character; and she's had several Pokemon captures. Plus, a quick look at most forums will tell you straight away that she still has a lot of fans, more so than Brock or Max. So I think there must be another reason she was taken off.

My best guess is that she was simply unlucky. The writers planned to bring in two new characters for AG, May and Max; added to Ash, Brock and Misty, that would have made five leads. Far too many, given how poorly the show handles characterisation. Ash, obviously, can't be booted off, so either Misty or Brock had to go. These are the possible reasons why Misty was chosen:

- They didn't want to risk the backlash from Brock fans that they got in Orange flaring up again
- They couldn't be bothered to think of a new way for the group to get regular meals
I think your right. Thier could be many reasons why they took Misty, but I think she won't be back. I't might take years to see Misty traveling with Ash again.

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 4:01 PM
Misty is officially a SUPPORTING character right now.

Uh, Misty right now is a recurring character. Misty was a supporting character when she was traveling with Ash.

What people don't realize is that Misty was not dropped for May. They did not drop a supporting character to bring in a co-star. Their character status in the show don't match up. Misty was never a lead character, she was always a supporting character just like Brock, Tracey, and Max.

When May was introduced they decided to have two main characters on the group for once, so May was quickly made to co-star the series with Ash. Misty, Brock, Max, and Tracey were always supporting characters in the main group. They did nothing to further their individual goals, they were just there to "support" the main character. If anything, Misty wasn't dropped for May, Misty was dropped for Max. They took out one supporting character and replaced her with another.

Now of course Misty and Tracey aren't even supporting characters anymore, but recurring characters who we see from time to time. The writers basically put Misty and Tracey in the same league as Delia, Norman/Caroline, and Prof. Oak. Theyr'e all recurring characters now, who we see every 50 episodes or so.

Ash and May = Co-stars. They are the male and female leads and the main characters of Pokemon Advance.

Max and Brock = Supporting characters. They're doing nothing to further their own goals by sticking with Ash and May. The show doesn't focus on them, they're just along for the ride so to speak. They're just there to "support" the two leads.

Misty and Tracey = Former supporting characters now reduced to recurring characters. They both get good screentime in the Hoso episodes, but they're still reduced to cameos in the main series.

Heracross
18th September 2005, 4:41 PM
Heracross, you do realize that most of those situations happened in filler episodes. As for the important things like the Guren gym battle and the St. Anne.... really, if she wasn't there, the writers would've done something else. For instance, why not make Takeshi suddenly seem like the smart one in those scenarios?
That is quite true, but all I was saying is that she did indeed help on those occasions. Sure, the writers could have found another way of resolving those situations, but the fact is they didn't.

Satoshi
18th September 2005, 4:45 PM
No offense @ Misty Fans, Pokeshippers, Etc Etc, But if they bring back an old character, im going to complain, To who ever will listen ¬______¬
Which sums up my point:

First, they say that Misty's to "mean", so the writers gave her Togepi to make Misty nice, than the anti-Misty fans say that's she's "to nice". It's because of the people that wanted her to leave.
Apparently, you're just giving it a back-up reason. >_>
They brought back Takeshi, which was an old character, in Johto, but I didn't see anyone moaning. ._.; That's because the fans thought that Kenji was a boring character, which brought Takeshi back. To me, I think Masato is getting more boring each episode, so he's bound to be replaced by an older character next series. >_>

Heracross, you do realize that most of those situations happened in filler episodes. As for the important things like the Guren gym battle and the St. Anne.... really, if she wasn't there, the writers would've done something else. For instance, why not make Takeshi suddenly seem like the smart one in those scenarios?
Even if they were fillers, Kasumi proved useful in them after all, and the writers can't just "skip" S.S.Anne, that was one of the areas of the games and it wasn't a filler, the episode was character developement for Satoshi.
And the first movie apparently wasn't a filler. :p
And there was alot of episodes Herracross mentioned that weren't fillers.

-Who do you think is more popular, Kasumi or Masato? And Kasumi IS more popular than Takeshi
-They're getting backlash from Kasumi fans
-I agree with that though, great Hoso's.
-How would you know the head writer prefers Takeshi? >_>
-There's something called a Pokemon center ya-know, and berrie trees. >_>
-They selected Masato at random.

Misty's behaviour gained a lot of hatred across Asia.

Most Asian fans hate her. That' what I collected from other forums.
I guess I'm the only Asian fan that likes her, huh? >_>
Really, Kasumi has a huge fanbase in Japan.

Either way Misty has the poorest chance of coming back, Bringing back an old character, Is soo going to what is it, Drop the ratings
What do you think Takeshi is, huh? Chopped-liver? He's an old character too and the ratings certainly DIDN'T drop. Given that there are a lot of Kasumi fans and a lot of Pokeshippers (excluding myself) that don't watch the show anymore, if they brought Kasumi back, then the ratings will drop back up. o_0; That is, if they don't take out Haruka, she has a large fanbase too.

Tifa
18th September 2005, 4:48 PM
Still i dont think briniging back an old character, will look to good.

Satoshi
18th September 2005, 4:50 PM
Still i dont think briniging back an old character, will look to good.
Please read my post clearly this time:

Apparently, you're just giving it a back-up reason. >_>
They brought back Takeshi, which was an old character, in Johto, but I didn't see anyone moaning. ._.; That's because the fans thought that Kenji was a boring character, which brought Takeshi back. To me, I think Masato is getting more boring each episode, so he's bound to be replaced by an older character next series. >_>

Tifa
18th September 2005, 4:59 PM
I read your post clearly, and i have no idea who your onabout, I dont use the japanese names -___-, I do know some, but Misty was far more exciting then Brock, my personal veiw, i just dont want to see her come back, you can tell from the new intro, or was it just me, because it all most every new intro they show the mai characters then, supporting, cameo charcters pop up, all togetehr, misty happneed to be in that, Not that thats relevant, but the characters they need to get rid of, are brock and max.

Satoshi
18th September 2005, 5:01 PM
I read your post clearly, and i have no idea who your onabout, I dont use the japanese names -___-, I do know some, but Misty was far more exciting then Brock, my personal veiw, i just dont want to see her come back, you can tell from the new intro, or was it just me, because it all most every new intro they show the mai characters then, supporting, cameo charcters pop up, all togetehr, misty happneed to be in that, Not that thats relevant, but the characters they need to get rid of, are brock and max.
I was talking about a character, that's so called Brock. >_>
He was old, and you aren't moaning about him, but with Misty, that's another story. o_0;

Off-topic: Read the Japanese/English Reference (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=49084), tis' good for the mind. o_0;

Tifa
18th September 2005, 5:02 PM
Im not moaning about Misty, im simply putting my point across

Satoshi
18th September 2005, 5:06 PM
Im not moaning about Misty, im simply putting my point across
Might want to restate your statement:

Still i dont think briniging back an old character, will look to good
They "briniged" back Brock, and what do you think he is *GASP* An old character! :o

Silver Ryu
18th September 2005, 5:08 PM
Meh, I don't really care if she comes back or not. I was a little disappointed at first, but May's not that bad. Besides, Misty was getting kind of boring.

Tifa
18th September 2005, 5:09 PM
Brock didnt go anywhere, he stayed in the group, and left for about 2 episodes, and i know hes an old characters and no. If i had to re-state my stement, i would have, however im right

Devilrose
18th September 2005, 5:10 PM
Isn't this a 'Why did they remove her thread?' not 'Will she be back?' >.>
Although I suppose the first question has been answered several times...

Heracross
18th September 2005, 5:12 PM
Brock didnt go anywhere, he stayed in the group, and left for about 2 episodes
*cough* Orange Islands. >_>

Tifa
18th September 2005, 5:13 PM
I think this moved from a 'Will she be back' to a topic about old characters.

EDIT: Well yeah i missed that Hera, but stilll maybe the writes brought Brock back because that the fans wanted him back, I see no signs of Misty returning

Satoshi
18th September 2005, 5:14 PM
Brock didnt go anywhere, he stayed in the group, and left for about 2 episodes, and i know hes an old characters and no. If i had to re-state my stement, i would have, however im right
You missed my point, I was talking about a little place called "ORANGE ISLANDS".

Isn't this a 'Why did they remove her thread?' not 'Will she be back?' >.>
Although I suppose the first question has been answered several times...
Those questions are both revelent to each other. >_>

MidnightScott
18th September 2005, 5:25 PM
I personally think they should get rid of Brock & Max and bring back Misty with a new person.

Brock- is very boring and has nothing to do. I bet if they make it to D/P Region they will drop Brock again. He just sits there and does nothing - like Tracey.

Max- what the hell is his point? Nothing - except to bash Ash or May - I mean who the hell cares about the annoying lil *****.

Misty- I think they should bring her back because she was a great friend, advisor, and secret admirer of Ash. She battled more often then Brock did - and she would do anything for Ash period. I don't think Brock would do anything except argue with Ash.

I could care less that they got rid of Tracey. He basically had no point in the Orange Islands - his main goal was to become an Assistant to Oak which he did...

It would be really interesting to have Ash, Misty, and May and get rid of Brock & Max.

~Scott;229;

Red
18th September 2005, 5:57 PM
I want Misty back, she was a great character, having her out of the show so far as made her character stronger, but I feel it's time to have her back.

pokelover
18th September 2005, 7:08 PM
its not just the song you can tell that they like each other and i dont think they would rip her out for ever if thy love each other and you can tell this from most of the movies & some episodes.

Satoshi
18th September 2005, 7:15 PM
its not just the song you can tell that they like each other and i dont think they would rip her out for ever if thy love each other and you can tell this from most of the movies & some episodes.
We know. o_0; But what does that have to do with Misty comming back?-_-;

You know, it's people like this that gives Pokeshippers like me a bad name. >_>

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
18th September 2005, 7:40 PM
Misty comes back after the Hoenn League,only for a few episodes.Then she leaves,again,I think.

taylor
18th September 2005, 7:48 PM
cause fanboys hated misty

Team Rocket Admin
18th September 2005, 7:53 PM
I think this moved from a 'Will she be back' to a topic about old characters.

EDIT: Well yeah i missed that Hera, but stilll maybe the writes brought Brock back because that the fans wanted him back, I see no signs of Misty returning
And Misty's fanbase that is 10x larger than Brock's don't want her back? You're contradicting yourself :rolleyes:

Yamato-san
18th September 2005, 8:15 PM
Even if they were fillers, Kasumi proved useful in them after all, and the writers can't just "skip" S.S.Anne, that was one of the areas of the games and it wasn't a filler, the episode was character developement for Satoshi.
And the first movie apparently wasn't a filler. :p
And there was alot of episodes Herracross mentioned that weren't fillers.

You apparently read my post wrong. I 'specifically' referred to the St. Anne and such as important events, and pointed out that how said important events could've worked differently if Kasumi wasn't there.

Jo-Jo
18th September 2005, 8:22 PM
^ I think you have that backwards. It is a mark of Misty's importance that the writers thought up necessary things for her to do. Whether said things could have been done by another character is irrelevant.

Jesse GS the II
18th September 2005, 9:02 PM

This is what makes me suspect that I'm too intelligent to be a "Pokémon" fan.

Satoshi and Kasumi are not in love, they never were in love, and they never will be in love. "Misty's Song" is American made and has nothing to do with the Japanese version of the show, which is the highest authority for this sort of thing. Ash's line in "Jirachi Wish Maker" about how he misses Misty every day wasn't in the Japanese version. Pretty much every hint at PokéShipping in the anime was made up by 4Kids Entertainment. End of story.

Devilrose
18th September 2005, 9:29 PM
Even if there's a relationship, pokemon isn't about romance. Its a subplot to create a fanbase, one of which is almost guaranteed to remain unresolved. They won't keep a character around because people 'know' the character likes someone. They won't ditch characters to develop a relationship between two others. They will keep the characters that they think they can create episodes with. If it gets to a point where they've done everything they can with that character, there's not a whole lot of point in them sticking around.

Jesse GS the II
18th September 2005, 9:30 PM
I stand by what I've always said: Kasumi ran her course. She was never given a specific goal as a trainer, and the only reason she was following Satoshi around was to gain recompense for her bike. The writers introduced Togepi to give her something else to do, but that proved to be a mistake, since Kasumi lost all her flair and edginess and became a soft-hearted mother figure to the defenseless egg. Eventually it got to the point where Kasumi literally blended in with the background, doing nothing except carrying Togepi around while Satoshi, Takeshi, and Musashi and Kojirou got all the interesting storylines. The writers realized that there was nothing else they could do with this character if she remained in Satoshi's entourage, so they wrote her off the show by sending her back to the Hanada Gym and giving her a new bike. Her brief return to the regular series in "Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation" was primarily to get rid of Togepi, as it evolved into Togechick and then left. Granted, her three-episode guest stint at the beginning of the Battle Frontier saga was more of a ratings gimmick, and worse still, the writers made the same mistake they made before by giving her a Luriri, but since Kasumi likely won't be seen again after this, it shouldn't make much difference.

Personally, I commend the writers for recognizing their errors. Getting rid of Kasumi in favor of Haruka was one of the best things the show ever did. Haruka arrived as a novice in the world of Pokémon, and Satoshi was able to play the mentor to her protégé and further along her character development. I mean, introducing a new character with a lot of potential is better than keeping around an old character with no potential, don't you think?

PDL
18th September 2005, 9:37 PM
my theory on the Ash/Misty romance subplot was that it was an idea that was conceived by the writers very early in the first season, but it was later scrapped. However, 4kids still carries on this idea dispite it not being canon anymore.

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 9:46 PM

Sure, we all know Misty had a crush on Ash. But the writers haven't really done anything for it since Misty left at the end of Johto. "Gotta Catch ya later" was really the last time Misty's crush was made apparent.

Misty's crush on Ash seems to have faded, afterall they barely see each other anymore, and apparently the writers are now exploring other possibilities for her. (With Tracey and Max being prime targets)

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 9:49 PM
She battled more often then Brock did - and she would do anything for Ash period. I don't think Brock would do anything except argue with Ash.

???? @ last sentence.

Brock is Ash's best friend and advisor. Brock goes out of his way to rush back up and travel with Ash again. Brock has given Ash a HELL of a lot better advice than Misty ever has.

When was the last time Brock argued with Ash? I honestly can't remember. If Brock ever gets angry at Ash, it's usually because Ash is acting stubborn (as in Brave the Wave) or some other scenario where Brock has to set Ash straight.

XDLord
18th September 2005, 10:03 PM
I personally think they should get rid of Brock & Max and bring back Misty with a new person.

Brock- is very boring and has nothing to do. I bet if they make it to D/P Region they will drop Brock again. He just sits there and does nothing - like Tracey.

Max- what the hell is his point? Nothing - except to bash Ash or May - I mean who the hell cares about the annoying lil *****.

Misty- I think they should bring her back because she was a great friend, advisor, and secret admirer of Ash. She battled more often then Brock did - and she would do anything for Ash period. I don't think Brock would do anything except argue with Ash.

I could care less that they got rid of Tracey. He basically had no point in the Orange Islands - his main goal was to become an Assistant to Oak which he did...

It would be really interesting to have Ash, Misty, and May and get rid of Brock & Max.

Not really. Max always has some potential, and is pretty funny. Brock, yah or nah, he's useful sometimes, but now he's simply the advisor. Dumping him and bringing in D/P Girl or boy would be interesting, possibly in the shipping subdivisions too. ^_^

I stand by what I've always said: Kasumi ran her course. She was never given a specific goal as a trainer, and the only reason she was following Satoshi around was to gain recompense for her bike. The writers introduced Togepi to give her something else to do, but that proved to be a mistake, since Kasumi lost all her flair and edginess and became a soft-hearted mother figure to the defenseless egg. Eventually it got to the point where Kasumi literally blended in with the background, doing nothing except carrying Togepi around while Satoshi, Takeshi, and Musashi and Kojirou got all the interesting storylines. The writers realized that there was nothing else they could do with this character if she remained in Satoshi's entourage, so they wrote her off the show by sending her back to the Hanada Gym and giving her a new bike. Her brief return to the regular series in "Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation" was primarily to get rid of Togepi, as it evolved into Togechick and then left. Granted, her three-episode guest stint at the beginning of the Battle Frontier saga was more of a ratings gimmick, and worse still, the writers made the same mistake they made before by giving her a Luriri, but since Kasumi likely won't be seen again after this, it shouldn't make much difference.

Personally, I commend the writers for recognizing their errors. Getting rid of Kasumi in favor of Haruka was one of the best things the show ever did. Haruka arrived as a novice in the world of Pokémon, and Satoshi was able to play the mentor to her protégé and further along her character development. I mean, introducing a new character with a lot of potential is better than keeping around an old character with no potential, don't you think?

Yeah, I do get it, pretty good explanation, but who the hell are Musashi and Kojirou? May was a pretty good addition, though she was annoying as hell in the beggining. D/P character replacing Brock would be good, and around the lines of the Misty-May thing.

PDL
18th September 2005, 10:04 PM
speaking about being an advisor, Brock is also mature enough to mediate between the other characters when they get into arguements... while a main group of Ash, Misty, May and Max would be ideal in most people's eyes, They'd probably kill eachother if Brock wasn't there to calm people down.

anyway, another reason why Misty was given the boot was to give Ash more character development.

originally, Ash was the newbie trainer while Misty and Brock were his "mentors" and friends. when Misty left, Ash was able to take the role Misty was to him, as a mentor to May, the new newbie trainer, and to a lesser extent, Max. (though, being the youngest, Ash, May, Brock and even Misty are all people he can look up too.)

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 10:11 PM
Max learns a lot from watching Ash battle. May and Max pay very good attention during all of Ash's battles (whether they're GYM or just trainer battles), while Brock points out the more complex strategies to them.

May and Max have learned a lot from Ash, and that's why May used one of Ash's strategies in the Lilycove contest. (With Combusken firing at the cieling to give it a boost, something Ash always does)

Dark Lava
18th September 2005, 10:43 PM
I dont really care about that I like them both.

Jo-Jo
18th September 2005, 10:46 PM
Personally, I commend the writers for recognizing their errors. Getting rid of Kasumi in favor of Haruka was one of the best things the show ever did. Haruka arrived as a novice in the world of Pok&#233;mon, and Satoshi was able to play the mentor to her prot&#233;g&#233; and further along her character development. I mean, introducing a new character with a lot of potential is better than keeping around an old character with no potential, don't you think?
^^ You're making it sound rather as though May was brought in specifically to replace Misty. I think it's more likely that Misty was written out to make room for May and Max.

Brock has given Ash a HELL of a lot better advice than Misty ever has.
I think they were both just as helpful as each other. Often the purpose of giving the hero two sidekicks is so that they can offer up differing perspectives, which he then has to either choose between, or work out a compromise for. The main difference between Misty and Brock, IMO, lies in the way they gave advice; Brock was the patient, nurturing one, and Misty was the prickly one who demanded instant results (generalising here). Which approach is better? Well, neither. It depends on the situation. Sometimes Ash needs kindness and encouragement to keep his spirits up, and sometimes he needs a good kick up the backside to get him motivated. Kind of a good cop, bad cop thing, almost. I think that Max has, to an extent, taken on Misty's role in this regard.

As for May, I think that she too benefits from receiving different kinds of assistance. I think that Ash is to her as Brock was to him - very positive, friendly, gentle and tactful (for Ash :p). In contrast, she has Max and Drew to push her along and be critical and force her to make fast progress.

(And btw, there is no indication that Ash had anything to do with May's strategy in the Lilycove contest. Why can't she have a clever idea on her own?)

speaking about being an advisor, Brock is also mature enough to mediate between the other characters when they get into arguements... while a main group of Ash, Misty, May and Max would be ideal in most people's eyes, They'd probably kill eachother if Brock wasn't there to calm people down.
lol! Good point.

anyway, another reason why Misty was given the boot was to give Ash more character development.

originally, Ash was the newbie trainer while Misty and Brock were his "mentors" and friends. when Misty left, Ash was able to take the role Misty was to him, as a mentor to May, the new newbie trainer, and to a lesser extent, Max. (though, being the youngest, Ash, May, Brock and even Misty are all people he can look up too.)
I agree with this (though like I said above, I think the Ash-May mentorship is closer to the Brock-Ash one than the Misty-Ash one). That's why I think it would have been better if Misty and Brock had both been written out after Johto. It'd be a neat role-reversal; first Ash is the young, naive trainer who needs his older friends to help him out, and then when AG starts, he becomes the mature, seasoned trainer to a couple of younger kids.

High Commander Solomon
18th September 2005, 10:51 PM
You think Max is a legitimate "prime target?" Really?

Alfonso
18th September 2005, 10:53 PM

Yes, yes he does.

So do I. Tracey too. :p

Masumishipping forever! ;D

Rudoku
18th September 2005, 10:59 PM
For the guys arguing about Brock coming back: That was because he was removed way too early. If his first time leaving the group was after Johto (like Misty) no one would care, like Misty. It was the timing that brought him back.

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 11:12 PM

We all know Misty likes younger boys. :D

Jo-Jo
18th September 2005, 11:19 PM
^ Major WORD to that.

BTW, am I right in thinking there's another Misty topic floating around at the moment? Would it be a good idea to merge it with this one, or does it not matter?

PokeTrainer7783
19th September 2005, 12:49 AM
Okay basically what most people have said on here, Misty has just worn out her character. She got her bike back, and her sisters needed her back at the Cerulean Gym there was really no room left for her to go any further. Besides I think when the new season started they wanted a fresh look if you will. Which is one reasn why Brock left for a bit.Why else did Ash get new clothes, and leave all his Pokemon the writers wanted to make over the show you will with a new start. Actually Brock is still pretty useful he carries the basic needs they need to survive such as food,medicine and he can cook. People might think he's worn out his welcome but he is still USEFUL in that sense. Like I said before I think Misty will make a cameo apperance once in awhile if that but basically folks she's out. You all need to get over it and move on with life.

Wolf Goddess
19th September 2005, 1:00 AM
^ Major WORD to that.

BTW, am I right in thinking there's another Misty topic floating around at the moment? Would it be a good idea to merge it with this one, or does it not matter?

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=85681

This needs to be merged, and should be moved to the poll section.

PokeTrainer7783
19th September 2005, 1:07 AM
It's these kinds of threads that should be locked, cause people are gonna argue till their blue in the face and it's still not gonna get anywhere.

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 1:11 AM
What's wrong with arguing? There's no point having a discussion board where nobody's allowed to discuss anything.

PokeTrainer7783
19th September 2005, 1:19 AM
I mean that we can have a thousand reasons why Misty really left but we'll never know the reason why unless we ask the writers directly. and it's these topics that kind of get off topic after a while.

Wolf Goddess
19th September 2005, 1:20 AM
I mean that we can have a thousand reasons why Misty really left but we'll never know the reason why unless we ask the writers directly. and it's these topics that kind of get off topic after a while.

The only one off topic is you. This is actually going well. No one's being flamed. It's just a debate.

cold_katanagirl
19th September 2005, 2:03 AM
Blah blah Misty left because she got boring blah blah I hate her blah blah she's doing fine at the gym blah blah whatever other crap.

I think she's gone.

What an interesting post.

Sharpshooter
19th September 2005, 2:04 AM
Because she had exhausted her character completely, and had become unpopular.

Evidence please?

So the end result was Kasumi. She was kicked and the ratings went back up...so why fix something that isn't broken?

http://www.upnetwork.net/pokenomics/tvratings.shtml

Hmmm sources say a different story. Appears ratings went down in the US not up actually. But it says it still was the highest rated show in the morning, either way people in the US dont watch pokémon as much anymore. Gee they really must of hated Misty.

I can't speak for Japan but I'm doubtful that it's popularity has soared there just because of a set of character changes.

Geki
19th September 2005, 3:26 AM
They removed her from the main group because she was getting too old and boring. They needed more spice to the show. I still prefer Misty over May ANY TIME though.

Wolf Goddess
19th September 2005, 7:13 AM
Hmmm sources say a different story. Appears ratings went down in the US not up actually. But it says it still was the highest rated show in the morning, either way people in the US dont watch pokémon as much anymore. Gee they really must of hated Misty.

Gee, looks like the ratings were declining before Advanced Generation.

Sharpshooter
19th September 2005, 7:35 AM
May and Max not quite saving the day then huh?

Misty left at the back end of 2003, i.e. 11 episodes into the 2003-2004 season. An average ratings drop from 5.1 from the previous season to 3.4 for the beginning of the advance season it tells me.

Shigeru-kun
19th September 2005, 9:00 AM
Actually SharpShooter, I was talking about Japan rating wise. I even remember someone posting how much the movies pulled in. During the beginning of Jouto they slowly started to fall. They went back up around the sixth though.

kennychan007
19th September 2005, 11:14 AM
Misty is the best friend of Ash. Because she follows him from begining.Her water pokemons are strong. However, May is also a good friend of Ash. Because May is more reactive of Ash,also she use any type pokemons, like Ash.

Misty follows Ash from 1 - 260 episodes, but May follows from 260 - 440 only.

CyberCubed
19th September 2005, 1:20 PM
^ You do realize that eventually May will probably be in just as many episodes as Misty?

Lovely May
19th September 2005, 1:24 PM
Misty is the best friend of Ash. Because she follows him from begining.
TR follows Ash from begginning too but they are not the best friends XD
I think, the best friend of Ash is Brock. Brock has always good advices, helps Ash a lot etc. Misty is a friend but their friendship is hard. Ash was annoying kid for her. Now she likes him more, but earlier - they had a lot of fights.

She isn't as main character anymore because:
- she was dull
- she was only a mother for Togepi and Ash's cheerleader
- no special goals for her. Writers didn't know what to do.

Jesse GS the II
19th September 2005, 3:49 PM
Misty is the best friend of Ash. Because she follows him from begining.Her water pokemons are strong. However, May is also a good friend of Ash. Because May is more reactive of Ash,also she use any type pokemons, like Ash.

Misty follows Ash from 1 - 260 episodes, but May follows from 260 - 440 only.

Yeah, and your point is? Of course Haruka hasn't been in as many episodes as Kasumi was - because there haven't been that many episodes yet. Give the series some time, for God's sake. And I fail to see what relevance the rest of your post serves in relation to the topic at hand.

Sharpshooter
19th September 2005, 7:38 PM
Has anyone actually got a link for the ratings in Japan? Because I can't believe why the ratings would all of a sudden soar in Japan but continue to suck in the US? They're different cultures sure with different aspects on Pokémon but I can't believe that allows for different opinions on a bunch of animé characters.

Even Johto was more popular in the US than Hoenn is.

CyberCubed
19th September 2005, 8:27 PM
The only reason Johto had higher ratings was because the Pokemon fad was still at it's peak in the U.S.

You wanna know why the ratings in Hoenn are low? It's because the fad died around the time Pokemon Advance started. Think of all those little kids who watched the show just because it was "cool." Then when it became uncool to like Pokemon, those people just stopped watching. Thus ratings dropped.

The ratings dropping has nothing to do with Misty being removed, it has to do with the Pokemon fad dying out in the U.S. during the middle of the Master Quest season.

Alfonso
19th September 2005, 8:37 PM
Pokemon must still go going well though as an anime in the USA, otherwise 4Kids wouldn't keep on buying episodes and such.

Not to mention, isn't it one of, if not, the highest rating cartoons on KidsWB or something?

CyberCubed
19th September 2005, 8:46 PM
It's either the highest or tied for the highest rated cartoon on Saturday mornings. Sometimes Yu-gi-oh is higher than it, but since Yugioh is leaving KidsWb this season because it's well...over...Pokemon doesn't have as much competition.

Sharpshooter
19th September 2005, 9:42 PM
I wasn't suggesting it declined because Misty left I was suggesting that it hadn't soared because everything happened to be new and different.

Not to mention, isn't it one of, if not, the highest rating cartoons on KidsWB or something?

If you look closely at the link on the last page you'll see that anything given in bold was the highest rated show for KidsWB! that day. Hardly any of the shows were in bold in the earlier years despite their high ratings, now pretty much everything seems to be.

Meganium Ex
19th September 2005, 10:04 PM
Did my thread get combiend with a other one? My thread was WHY did they remove Misty. Now this has turned to a IS SHE GOING TO COME BACK thread :confused: :( :@. Can some one split these 2 threads apart beacause thier both diffrent qustions?

PDL
19th September 2005, 10:13 PM
Did my thread get combiend with a other one? My thread was WHY did they remove Misty. Now this has turned to a IS SHE GOING TO COME BACK thread :confused: :( :@. Can some one split these 2 threads apart beacause thier both diffrent qustions?

the subject matter in both threads are too simlair... so no

Meganium Ex
19th September 2005, 10:54 PM
the subject matter in both threads are too simlair... so no
Alright, fine :( .

PDL
20th September 2005, 1:33 AM
another thing I thought of about Misty's departure:

since the advance generation started, the writers have put more emphasis on the Pokemon's personalities. Each of them being quite distinct. while not as developed as human personalities, they're personalities are more complex then the ones most of the past pokemon had.

So how is this relevant to Misty's departure? well, this is quite minor, but most of Misty's pokemon do not have this kind of personality development, and probably won't have much opportunity to either. (even if, hypotheically, Misty was still travelling with the group.)

Staryu & Starmie: not only is one the evolution of the other (in a way, kind of wasting space for variety, thus why Starmie was dumped.) but both of these pokemon don't even have proper faces (only a blinking gem in the middle). Thus it would be incredibly difficult to judge their current feelings, let alone personality traits.

Goldeen: it's probably been with Misty since pokemon emergency, but we know absolutely nothing about it personality-wise. The only reason why Misty was given one in the first place was for the "water pokemon can't battle on land lol" gag. The only way Goldeen can be out without it flailing around is to have it in a pond. The only way to have show any sort of personality is to have the group conveiniently near a body of water constantly. (which would of course limit other pokemon personality)

Horsea: why this pokemon was given too Misty is not too clear, perhaps this was supposed to be the cute pokemon Misty should have had for character appeal, but unfortunately it also suffered the same sort of personality limitations Goldeen had. (Inability to move on land makes it nearly impossible to interact with other characters on a regular basis). Even the writers knew giving Misty a Horsea was a mistake and was the very reason why it was dumped at the cerulean gym so early in the anime (only being able to swim in dinky pools and such)

Psyduck: while most of this pokemon's teammates were 1-dimensional, Psyduck managed to completely escape that fate and became the pokemon with the most amount of character in the Kanto season (aside from Pikachu, who is the star after all) plus he pionniered the whole "quirky pokemon letting itself out of it's ball" thing that many pokemon owned by the main characters do. This pokemon also managed to become Misty's main pokemon (much like Ash's Pikachu). While being an excellent comical pokemon, it was missing an element that Pikachu had which was later made up for by...

Togepi/Togetic: everyone's most hated prepetual baby egg thing. This pokemon's purpose was to be Misty's cute pokemon, and to promote the eventual release of Pokemon Gold and Silver. of course, hatching from an egg also ment that it can never be recalled into a pokeball (so in a way it was like a secondary mascot of sorts). Of course This pokemon is squarely blamed for being the one that ruined Misty's character. Aside from a few dues ex-machinas via metromone, and a few fillers. It contributed very little to the group... though that was not it's purpose. It was quite popular for it's very childish demenor... It's plotline was finally resolved when it evolved into Togetic and was left to rule mirage kingdom.

Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Politoed: Misty's first traditional capture since early Kanto. This pokemon was also made to be Misty's serious battler. Filler episodes deicated to it showed that it had a somewhat courageous personality. Unfortunately it was turned into a last-mintue gag pokemon when it evolved into a Politoed. Of course, it's still able to battle, but it couldn't be taken seriously anymore :\

Corsola: Misty's only Jotho capture. while this pokemon did show some personality in it's capture episode, the writers decided to make it completely bland charcater-wise in later episodes. Why they chose this is unknown really...

Luvdisc: For an aquatic pokemon, it showed far more personality in it's single episode then Goldeen and Horsea had in their course of the entire anime. Yay him?

Azurill: Basically Togepi's replacement, and at least it has no interesting backstory like Togepi did, plus it knows attacks that are not a huge mystery in the anime, unlike Togepi

Monetary_Unit
20th September 2005, 1:41 AM
Basically, her usefulness was worn out, and her character was exhausted to the point that they couldn't do anything new with her anymore. Same with Brock, but I have no idea why he's still here. o.O

He's still there because he's the cook

Puffs
20th September 2005, 1:49 AM
What about Gyarados? Just given to Misty o be powerhouse, like Charizard?

PDL
20th September 2005, 1:57 AM
What about Gyarados? Just given to Misty o be powerhouse, like Charizard?

oh right, I forgot about that one...

Gyarados: while it's role in the anime is kinda minimal, it's appearance and capture somewhat crucial to resolving a part of Misty's character (her apparent dislike of Gyarados, dispite being a lover of water pokemon). It now also serves as her powerhouse pokemon.

Sharpshooter
20th September 2005, 2:58 AM
He's still there because he's the cook

He's still there because's he's popular you mean.

PokeTrainer7783
21st September 2005, 2:30 AM
She's gone people get over it. The only hope we all must have is that she will return in future episodes. :D

PokeTrainer7783
21st September 2005, 2:39 AM
The only one off topic is you. This is actually going well. No one's being flamed. It's just a debate.

I just want everyone to get along is all. :D

Heracross
21st September 2005, 2:47 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/buttons/edit.gif
*cough*

She's gone people get over it. The only hope we all must have is that she will return in future episodes.
There's no doubt that we'll see her again in the future, but it will only be for a few episodes at a time. She's too big of a character for them to write her out completely.

Sharpshooter
21st September 2005, 3:11 AM
That's true, who the heck cares if she didn't forfill a lot of roles during her stay. The fact of the matter is she came from the time when pokémon was at it's peak (i.e. the fad period), most people who watched the animé will remember that and want to know her whereabouts are occasionally, now that's not to say they should bring her back of course but I must say I do find it funny when people play down her overall impact on the show and just think of her contribution as "Johtoish".

mannyguy
23rd September 2005, 3:48 AM
Lets Face It The Only Reason May Is In The Anime Is Because The Writers Wanted To Incorporate The Whole Contest Thing! Max Is The Most Annoying Character Ever, He Does Absolutely Nothing! Misty Could Come Back We Never Know I Mean Look At Brock; He Came Back And He's More Useless Than Misty. I Too Hated That She Was Gone But I Am Over It. I Like May She's Ok But She'll Never Be Better Than Misty! Besides What 10 Year Old Has Boobs And Is Interested In Bathing Suits. I Mean That's Hot, I Am Not Complaining But She'll Never Be Better Than Misty.

CyberCubed
23rd September 2005, 4:20 AM
Besides What 10 Year Old Has Boobs And Is Interested In Bathing Suits.

I guess after all the complaints about Misty being flat chested, the writers introduced a girl with a definite chest. Funny how they decided to make her 10 yet they made sure she had bigger breasts than Misty to satisfy the male fanbase.

It's like they're trying to encourage pedophilia.

Satoshi
23rd September 2005, 4:56 AM
I guess after all the complaints about Misty being flat chested, the writers introduced a girl with a definite chest. Funny how they decided to make her 10 yet they made sure she had bigger breasts than Misty to satisfy the male fanbase.

It's like they're trying to encourage pedophilia.
And I thought this was a children's anime. :rolleyes:

CyberCubed
23rd September 2005, 4:58 AM
DBZ and Naruto are aimed at kids in Japan too, pretty much the same age group Pokemon is.

Last time I checked, girls can have actual breasts in kids shows. Of course a 10 year old with B cup breasts is a bit iffy, but at least they fit her stature and her form and don't look too big on her.

Satoshi
23rd September 2005, 5:07 AM
DBZ and Naruto are aimed at kids in Japan too, pretty much the same age group Pokemon is.
I was joking, CyberCube. :P

Last time I checked, girls can have actual breasts in kids shows. Of course a 10 year old with B cup breasts is a bit iffy, but at least they fit her stature and her form and don't look too big on her.
Good way to errrr......observe. ;D

That's true, who the heck cares if she didn't forfill a lot of roles during her stay. The fact of the matter is she came from the time when pokémon was at it's peak (i.e. the fad period), most people who watched the animé will remember that and want to know her whereabouts are occasionally, now that's not to say they should bring her back of course but I must say I do find it funny when people play down her overall impact on the show and just think of her contribution as "Johtoish".
I find that funny too. >_>; It's like saying Pikachu makes the battles "cute". ._.;

Jo-Jo
23rd September 2005, 3:45 PM
People complained about Misty being flat-chested?? ROFL!!! XD Losers!

PDL
23rd September 2005, 4:10 PM
Your proving something it looks like I'll have to say in every misty topic

SHE'S ALWAYS HAD A BABY POKEMON ;
Horsea for you that say1)Togepi or Azurill ruined her personality2)for you that say it's in a pokeball its in it ONLY 1/2 the time.

Sorry for flaring but I'm a misty fan

first of, learn how to quote properly,

and secondly, I didn't really quite catch what you're getting at... could you make your point a bit clearer?

the point I was making is that if Misty were to come back to the group, then her pokemon would need to show alot more personality then they did during Misty's time on the show...

since a very big part of the show is the actual monsters themselves... it's called "Pokemon" not "Pokemon Trainers"

GreenKirby
23rd September 2005, 4:13 PM
The show was too good so they decided to make blow by removing Misty and throwing in May.

PDL
23rd September 2005, 4:22 PM
The show was too good so they decided to make blow by removing Misty and throwing in May.

so you actually LIKED jotho fillers about pidegy? WTF

Jo-Jo
23rd September 2005, 4:29 PM
Misty's Pokemon have more personality than Brock's, IMO. Or, for obvious reasons, Max. :p

CyberCubed
23rd September 2005, 5:07 PM
People complained about Misty being flat-chested?? ROFL!!! XD Losers!

And this is coming from someone who stares at Drew's "arse?"

CyberCubed said, "ROTFLMAO!" And then CyberCubed said, "ROTFLMAO!" And then CyberCubed said, "ROTFLMAO!" And then CyberCubed said, "ROTFLMAO!"

GreenKirby
23rd September 2005, 5:20 PM

Who said I did, I said I liked Misty over May, not that one Pidgey filler.

Jo-Jo
23rd September 2005, 5:36 PM
And this is coming from someone who stares at Drew's "arse?"
I said May stares at that, not me. ;)

I'm sorry, but the image of a bunch of overweight thirty-year-old nerds writing in outraged letters of complaint to TV Tokyo about Misty's chest is f*cking hilarious. So, once again - ROFL!!

Wolf Goddess
23rd September 2005, 11:38 PM
I'm sorry, but the image of a bunch of overweight thirty-year-old nerds writing in outraged letters of complaint to TV Tokyo about Misty's chest is f*cking hilarious. So, once again - ROFL!!

The image of a bunch of thirty year olds sitting around writing outraged letters about Misty leaving is also f*cking hilarious. ;)

Tifa
23rd September 2005, 11:41 PM

Lmao! Im sorry but that cracked me up, You could just imagine it, a thirty year old man writing a letter with an outraged look on his face

Jo-Jo
23rd September 2005, 11:50 PM
The image of a bunch of thirty year olds sitting around writing outraged letters about Misty leaving is also f*cking hilarious. ;)
True. ;) But go up to a random friend and say, "I'm bummed that my favourite character left a TV show I watch" and you'll probably get slightly more sympathy and fewer strange looks than if you say, "I'm bummed that a twelve-year-old girl in a TV show I watch isn't stacked enough for me".

Satoshi
23rd September 2005, 11:57 PM
He didn't say that, and the Johto fillers with Pidgey had nothing to do with Kasumi. -_-;

The image of a bunch of thirty year olds sitting around writing outraged letters about Misty leaving is also f*cking hilarious.
And creepy, don't forget creepy. :D

mannyguy
24th September 2005, 12:55 AM
That was pretty funny..but my point stands in place...come on people the show is kid oriented in japan and U.S. and other places so who da hell would complain about Pokemon. i mean pokemon is for everyone but if your 30 and complaining a kids show doesn't show larger boobs..thats just hilarious. The only cool thing about may is the style other than that she's nothing compared to Misty.

cold_katanagirl
24th September 2005, 1:21 AM
I find it amazing that May still gets dragged into all these Misty discussions. Then again, why should I be surprised.

Sharpshooter
24th September 2005, 1:22 AM
the point I was making is that if Misty were to come back to the group, then her pokemon would need to show alot more personality then they did during Misty's time on the show...

Erm May or Brock's pokémon show about as much personality as Misty's ones did. Psyduck was probably one of her most memorable ones, despite it being completely predictable and totally overused IMO.

I find it amazing that May still gets dragged into all these Misty discussions. Then again, why should I be surprised.

Pot. Kettle. Black. :redface:

PDL
24th September 2005, 1:32 AM
He didn't say that, and the Johto fillers with Pidgey had nothing to do with Kasumi. -_-;

I was more astounded that he said that the show was great before advanced generation. THAT was what I was getting at without resorting to childish name calling and such...

cold_katanagirl
24th September 2005, 3:15 AM
Pot. Kettle. Black. :redface:This may sound stupid but... What? o_o

PDL
24th September 2005, 3:18 AM
This may sound stupid but... What? o_o

she's refering to the saying about the pot calling the kettle black...

she's basically calling you a hypocrite

Sharpshooter
24th September 2005, 3:21 AM
she's refering to the saying about the pot calling the kettle black...

she's basically calling you a hypocrite

Uh "he" you mean.

It was just a joke anyway.

pokelover
25th September 2005, 4:58 AM
I Want To Now What Person Made That 2nd Misty Formbecause They Used My Name And Password!!!!!!! Because I Did Not Write .this And Other People That Seen Me Write Some Forms No I Cant Spell To Save My Live

cold_katanagirl
25th September 2005, 6:12 AM
Never said I never brought her up. :D

But I haven't in this thread except for the one before the previous one. *halo*

mannyguy
25th September 2005, 5:07 PM
But yeah its so true may always finds her way into misty ralated topics and the other way around...safe to say i didn't bring her up though. I did reply to people who were once again making comparisons so for that I am guilty, but I didn't originate the MAY/MISTY THING.

Mizu Kasumi
11th October 2005, 2:34 AM
The creator have reasons... Well if they do, the reasons better be good ones. I didn't like the idea of Misty leaving... But I liked May coming in, though they should still keep Misty on the show... Maybe she will return. Though, May might have to be in the Anime for as much episodes as Misty had been before she returns or if she does...

*Ra*
17th October 2005, 8:29 PM
Or how about we get the best of both worlds, They bring misty back and kick max out, why u ask well people will complain if may gets out, people want misty back, but i don't think people give a damn about that anoying little garbage max. Sure he has the pokenav, but im sure brock can figure out how to use it. Some people might say that misty is useless, well yah i guess she kind of is,but they can still bring her back. Brocks just cool so he should stay(he has forretress one of my favorite pokemon, it's amazing.)

PDL
17th October 2005, 9:22 PM
technically, Max adds something to the group that none of the other characters can add. Though weither Max is doing a good job of conveying it or even if it is actually important to the show is up for debate, since it has done quite well without it for the longest time.

that thing Max adds is a certain child-like innocence, and curiosity about the world around him. Originally Ash had this same sort of innocence when he first started his journey, but this dissappeared as became more adept to battling and training.

Max also imbodies the true pokemon fan as well. The 8 year old little boy who's very knowlegdeable about pokemon yet has little to no "real world" experience. The whole pokemon franchise is marketed toward this very demographic. Even though it can be enjoyed by most who take the time and look at it more closely.

He also shares the same sort of clever, snappy, quick to critize personality that made Misty so darn likeable back in the Indigo and Orange Island seasons. So technically, even though most pokemon fans would say "May replaced Misty HURRR". In terms of personality, Max is the one who "replaced" Misty. Though he hasn't replaced Misty's character entirely, Misty's able to back up her knowledge with actual real world experience, while Max can't.

CyberCubed
17th October 2005, 9:59 PM
Too many people hate Max for no reason at all. I guess it seems like he's the easiest character to "pick on" seeing as how he's a little kid with glasses who doesn't really have much of a role in most eps.

Then again, if Max wasn't related to May he wouldn't be as likeable as he is now.

I really love the sibling dynamic the writers used for May and Max.

If Max was just some random kid not related to any of the main characters, then I can understand that people wonder what his point is. But the fact that he's related to May and is watching both his older sister and his uh... "mentor" battle and get stronger, in only adds to Max's character.

skarmachild
18th October 2005, 9:01 PM
I vote Misty should come back, but still have Max, May, Brock etc. Although something completely destroying Ash would be nice.

Ash is such an arse now, he's always like "Ooh, a Pokemon, lets hug it", where as before he was "Ooh, a Pokemon, lets catch it".

Maybe Misty + May could have cat fights, God, imagine how many topics about that there would be on Serebii forums. Actually that would be a cool idea, Misty + May beating each other up. We can always dream I s'ppose.

PDL
18th October 2005, 10:30 PM
I vote Misty should come back, but still have Max, May, Brock etc. Although something completely destroying Ash would be nice.

Ash is such an arse now, he's always like "Ooh, a Pokemon, lets hug it", where as before he was "Ooh, a Pokemon, lets catch it".

no chance of that happening anytime soon... since the show is supposed to follow HIS journey in the world.

Maybe Misty + May could have cat fights, God, imagine how many topics about that there would be on Serebii forums. Actually that would be a cool idea, Misty + May beating each other up. We can always dream I s'ppose.

that's actually a terrible idea. Right up there with making MissingNo. and Mewthree offical pokemon.

not only would it cause a shitstorm in the forums, but that'd be a terrible lesson for children. "Violence solves problems" and such.

kamikazepigmy
20th October 2005, 6:54 PM
i couldn't care less frankly, she was always the most b****y character and im glad to see that they threw here off!!!

Sharpshooter
21st October 2005, 12:50 AM
i couldn't care less frankly, she was always the most b****y character and im glad to see that they threw here off!!!

If this was said about May then you would get flammed the crap out of but because a lot of people here are largely anti-misty, comments like this often get ignored, since I don't need to point out that that is somewhat character bashing.

Wolf Goddess
21st October 2005, 12:54 AM
If this was said about May then you would get flammed the crap out of but because a lot of people here are largely anti-misty, comments like this often get ignored, since I don't need to point out that that is somewhat character bashing.

And I don't need to point out that that's somewhat bashing people here.

Sharpshooter
21st October 2005, 1:12 AM
And I don't need to point out that that's somewhat bashing people here.

Uh no I wasn't bashing I was pointing out that sometimes comments like that aren't justified for some other characters in the animé, thanks. :)

Well Ash's character is meant to be a reflection of Satoshi Tajiri himself, so unless the animé begins to crumble completely I can't see why he would want to kick a character out based on himself.

PDL
21st October 2005, 1:38 AM
Well Ash's character is meant to be a reflection of Satoshi Tajiri himself, so unless the anim&#233; begins to crumble completely I can't see why he would want to kick a character out based on himself.

Ash is probably based on Mr.Tajiri in name only, since the basic game character anime Ash is based on is supposed to be a relfection of the player in the pokemon world. Simlair to how Link is a "Link" between the human player and the Zelda game world Link inhabits.

otherwise, anime Ash has the same sort of personality nearly all Shounen Heroes seem to have. Displaying strong courage, a love for adventure, a love of food, a strong likeness and intelligence when it comes to his interest but dimwitted in other subjects, Loyal to his friends, never giving up on his dreams or the dreams of others... and so on...

Flying Tropius
21st October 2005, 1:48 AM
Ash is probably based on Mr.Tajiri in name only, since the basic game character anime Ash is based on is supposed to be a relfection of the player in the pokemon world. Simlair to how Link is a "Link" between the human player and the Zelda game world Link inhabits.

otherwise, anime Ash has the same sort of personality nearly all Shounen Heroes seem to have. Displaying strong courage, a love for adventure, a love of food, a strong likeness and intelligence when it comes to his interest but dimwitted in other subjects, Loyal to his friends, never giving up on his dreams or the dreams of others... and so on...
and Japanese love fugu!
ok....
On Topic: I think that the writer wants misty as the grewat water gym leader role so.....

Sharpshooter
21st October 2005, 1:49 AM

Yeah he's probably like that for interest of the animé, but his likeness for small creatures of sort including bugs was meant to be somewhat reminiscent of how Satoshi Tajiri was as a child, or so he said in some interview.

PDL
21st October 2005, 2:02 AM
Yeah he's probably like that for interest of the animé, but his likeness for small creatures of sort including bugs was meant to be somewhat reminiscent of how Satoshi Tajiri was as a child, or so he said in some interview.

true, true, that's what the entire pokemon franchise was based upon.

but the game character the player plays was only named after Satoshi, he (the game character) wasn't supposed to reflect Mr.Tajiri's personality completely, Since the game character is supposed to reflect the player playing the game.

but I'm probably going far too off-topic now ^^;

sephiroth follower
26th October 2005, 2:13 AM
For some reason on topics that turn into or are similiar to this I see alot of foul langauge this topic has had the least ,I mean come on 7-year-olds come to this site.>flares over okay I've calm down(a bit)

I want misty back not just because I like her (I do alot as a T.V. character),but because after she left everyone lost most of thier personality (and brain) (no offence May fans) ,but didn't they .I hardly watch the show anymore (exept every once and awhile to see if she{and thier brains}return FOR MORE THAN 5 EPISODES.) I don't want any May or Max fans mad at me ,Please?

P.s.Happy Halloween I'm going to be cheerleader <male> (I would be sephiroth if I could get the materials and long silver hair)

PDL
26th October 2005, 2:37 AM
For some reason on topics that turn into or are similiar to this I see alot of foul langauge this topic has had the least ,I mean come on 7-year-olds come to this site.>flares over okay I've calm down(a bit)

that sort of thing happens all the time, espescally when people's favourite characters are involved...

I want misty back not just because I like her (I do alot as a T.V. character),but because after she left everyone lost most of thier personality (and brain) (no offence May fans) ,but didn't they .I hardly watch the show anymore (exept every once and awhile to see if she{and thier brains}return FOR MORE THAN 5 EPISODES.) I don't want any May or Max fans mad at me ,Please?

they "lost their personality" AFTER Misty left? um, sorry, I don't see the connection between a familiar character leaving and the other characters "losing their brains" as you put it.

Zenigame
26th October 2005, 2:53 AM
She deserves as same Tracey back to the show.
Without Misty, the show is different. But unfortunalety i think this not might happen.

Robert0427
26th October 2005, 3:04 AM
The only way were going to see Misty return as a permanent cast member is if the animators/ producers who want her to become the best water pokemon trainer should inject some extra spark into Misty's goal because i dont think shes getting anywhere near that goal by running the gym if her sisters arent up to the job of gym leading

CyberCubed
26th October 2005, 3:07 AM
Uh, she actually is working toward her goal at the Gym.

She wants to be an excellent water Pokemon trainer...how can she do it? By running a Water Pokemon Gym for goodness sakes!

You do realize that at the Gym, Misty is learning and battling with her Water Pokemon against various trainers that come to challenge her for a badge?

The Gym is helping her get stronger as a whole, I don't see how anyone can say that being a Water Pokemon Gym leader somehow doesn't help her with her goal, because quite frankly it DOES. And it's doing a hell of a lot more for her than tagging along with Ash where she barely ever battled in general.

Sharpshooter
26th October 2005, 1:23 PM
they "lost their personality" AFTER Misty left? um, sorry, I don't see the connection between a familiar character leaving and the other characters "losing their brains" as you put it.

Actually, he's right, ever since Misty has left, both Ash and Brock's character have wained completely, but it's merely coincidence.

It's really because the writers have decided breed a new generation of fans since the fans of the fad days have nearly all but disappeared (apart from the internet community obviously). So in order to do this they've taken the pok&#233;mon anim&#233; in a new direction, there's new characters, new rivals, and new clothes and even the humor's a bit different. That's why Pok&#233;mon and Pok&#233;mon Advanced are considered too seperate series and the writers have let this be known!

But it's got nothing to do with Misty's actual departure, heck for all we know if she ever did make a permanent return she'll have her character completely changed as well to fit in with Advanced Generation like the way Ash and Brock did.

sephiroth follower
3rd November 2005, 2:16 AM
Your right Sharpshooter <goes and sobs>{idea}I hope for for a new series a tad darker with a real (more evil): team rocket,magma,and aqua with the world really in danger and pokemon battle more urgent or pokemon fighting people (which side to be on?) because they want to 1) be free and 2) rule the world (Nintendo could make alot better games than their "I'm bored let's go sell an old game with an ajustment and rip innocent children" games I'm sick of those games)

Gaiash
4th November 2005, 12:59 PM
Not this again! Misty lost her character in Johto. Seriously shes become boring! I say its better for Misty to stay out of the team.

skarmachild
4th November 2005, 4:29 PM
Not this again! Misty lost her character in Johto. Seriously shes become boring! I say its better for Misty to stay out of the team.

I never really liked the Johto series.

It's nice to have a change of characters. Wonder if any new peeps'll join. It'd be cool if someone joined that DIDN'T like Ash, maybe his rival :P

The writers removed misty cause she didn't have a chest - end of story!

sephiroth follower
13th November 2005, 4:17 AM
not to start a war but alot of people say everyone hates misty now and prefer may but the poll says different (just like politics) don't kill me please

Gaiash
13th November 2005, 2:16 PM
not to start a war but alot of people say everyone hates misty now and prefer may but the poll says different (just like politics) don't kill me please
I don't hate Misty I just don't like how shes changed. I mean shes not traveling companion material any more, shes better as a supporting cast member now. All she really did in Johto was pull Brocks ear and a small amount of battles (Most of which were in the Whirl Cup) and Max is doing a good job pulling Brocks ear in Houen and the BF. If you want to see more Misty, hope they bring back Hoso/Chronicles.

PDL
13th November 2005, 6:26 PM

there are a number of reasons for this:

1. the people voting that they want Misty back aren't really posting anything due to fear of being flamed.

2. they haven't watched the show in ages and just assume that show's gone downhill because they wrote her out.

3. Misty-haters/May fans are much more vocal about their opinions then May-haters/Misty fans

it's probably a combination of these reasons most likely...

PokeTrainer7783
14th November 2005, 2:44 AM
she will forever live in in our hearts! she might not be back on the show full time anymore but I think she'll get her cameo apperences. There's just no more character development on the show for Misty to be on like she has been.

Joe_Pokemon20000
16th November 2005, 5:08 AM
I don't care what you think, but Misty's back in the K/BF series (you might know that already). Why Misty? She rarly appeared in K/BF or Hoenn, but the good bet is the early episodes. That's all my data that I got. Thank you.

♥~Darkness Within~♥
16th November 2005, 5:13 AM
There probably doing so they can make a wild twist near the end of the pokemon show

PokeTrainer7783
16th November 2005, 6:37 AM
Because a fresh start also means a new face. :D

CyberCubed
16th November 2005, 9:07 PM
There probably doing so they can make a wild twist near the end of the pokemon show

Somehow I doubt that. -_-

Bringing Misty back wouldn't be a "wild twist". They wrote her out because they didn't feel like keeping her in the show anymore. It doesn't really get much more complicated than that.

PDL
16th November 2005, 11:44 PM
Bringing Misty back wouldn't be a "wild twist". They wrote her out because they didn't feel like keeping her in the show anymore. It doesn't really get much more complicated than that.

quoted for truth (dispite it being repeated every three pages in this thread)

the writers of the show are not concerned with any sort of deep plot AT ALL

they only care about a few things in the anime

1. Ash's journey (which is kept simple, only badge collecting, with no romance AT ALL)
2. Showcasing what's new in the pokemon franchise. Such as featuring a location, character or plot from the main games or spinoffs such as Snap or more recently that Ranger game
3. the actual monsters themselves (remember the show's called "Pokemon", not "Pokemon Trainers")
4. They rarely maintain continuity for more a season, very very few references to episodes from Indigo are ever mentioned in the current anime.

the chances of some "super secret plot twist" in Pokemon that involves romance are practically nill, the same amount of chance for the GS ball to appear in the anime once again.

to all those who want romance in your anime, pokemon is the last place you'll find it... go follow another fandom like Inuyasha, or go write a fanfic about it.

PokeTrainer7783
17th November 2005, 12:46 AM

1. Ash's journey (which is kept simple, only badge collecting, with no romance AT ALL)
2. Showcasing what's new in the pokemon franchise. Such as featuring a location, character or plot from the main games or spinoffs such as Snap or more recently that Ranger game
3. the actual monsters themselves (remember the show's called "Pokemon", not "Pokemon Trainers")
4. They rarely maintain continuity for more a season, very very few references to episodes from Indigo are ever mentioned in the current anime.

the chances of some "super secret plot twist" in Pokemon that involves romance are practically nill, the same amount of chance for the GS ball to appear in the anime once again.

to all those who want romance in your anime, pokemon is the last place you'll find it... go follow another fandom like Inuyasha, or go write a fanfic about it.

I second that!

Samayowa
17th November 2005, 1:56 AM

I second that!

I third???that!!!!!

Diamond and Pearl

AdvanceX
17th November 2005, 2:10 AM

And forth~ I completely agree

Jesse GS the II
17th November 2005, 4:18 AM
EvilKeckleon>> Expertly articulated. That's why I detest those shippers who believe Pok&#233;Shipping or AdvancedShipping or whatever it is they support to be the be-all end-all hard facts - this isn't the kind of anime that devotes itself to romance, it never has been, and it never will be. It's just a kids' show based on a video game.

Much like the fanbase for "Mystery Science Theater 3000", the plot for "Pocket Monsters" is a mile wide and an inch deep. (Yeah, wrap your cerebrum around that one for a while.)

High Commander Solomon
17th November 2005, 4:44 AM
Probably, but MST3K didn't even pretend, really, to have a storyline - and each of the movies is significantly different from the one before it. Therin lies the problem, as this show is utterly repetitive.

Jesse GS the II
17th November 2005, 5:06 AM
Probably, but MST3K didn't even pretend, really, to have a storyline - and each of the movies is significantly different from the one before it. Therin lies the problem, as this show is utterly repetitive.

I said the fanbase, not the storyline. I know the storyline was fairly non-canonical and very rarely linear (save for the SciFi Channel episodes, especially Season 8). My line about the fanbase was inspired by this quote from The Almost But Not Quite Complete History of MST3K on mst3k.booyaka.com:

As the season got underway, several things were going on at once. CC, wanting to get a first-hand look at the show's fan base, pulled episode 604- ZOMBIE NIGHTMARE from the schedule and took it on tour to colleges around the country. At some stops, the screening was packed to the rafters with giddy fans. At others, the episode played to lackluster, half-empty houses. Overall, the experience seemed to confirm the network's sense that the show's fan base was a mile wide and an inch deep.

Meaning that there were about a million fans of the show, but they weren't very active when it came right down to it. Likewise, the storyline on "Pocket Monsters" is incredibly lengthy, but not much happens within it that we haven't already seen before.

Gaiash
17th November 2005, 1:37 PM
EvilKeckleon>> Expertly articulated. That's why I detest those shippers who believe PokéShipping or AdvancedShipping or whatever it is they support to be the be-all end-all hard facts - this isn't the kind of anime that devotes itself to romance, it never has been, and it never will be. It's just a kids' show based on a video game.

Much like the fanbase for "Mystery Science Theater 3000", the plot for "Pocket Monsters" is a mile wide and an inch deep. (Yeah, wrap your cerebrum around that one for a while.)
actually most of us Advanceshippers are calmer about shipping. Its WHO supports the shipping rather than the ship itself. Plus those with shippings that have been around longer can get alittle out of hand.