PDA

View Full Version : Ash's group

Feity
18th September 2005, 6:28 PM
Who would you most prefer to travel with Ash (people wise, not Pokemon) and what would you like his group to be like when the D/P series rolls around?

I personally want Brock to leave, he has had his time. He has been in four regions, and is becoming boring. May is kinda annoying, but she can stay I guess, although I would like to see her gone for D/P. Max was pointless, and should never have been there. His entire charecter could be removed by giving May a Pokenav. Misty has had her time, she's gone now. Tracey, should not travel with Ash, but should do something more then he does now.

For D/P, I would like Ash to travel with the D/P male charecter and May in an Emerald style outfit.

Discuss, and put your opinions.

Tifa
18th September 2005, 6:30 PM
May, and id like to see Misty take over brock, even though icant remember, what thread it was in, but some one mentioned that they may not have two girls in a group, Max can go, Soo heres my group
Ash
May
Drew
*Contestshippers like myself would actually get a miracle come true
And a new intelligent boy

Lil Brother
18th September 2005, 6:31 PM
I personally want all the characters but Ash gone for D/P. Even May. Maybe the male D/P hero, the female D/P hero. And possibly a GYM leader.

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 6:32 PM
Lol, Drew traveling with Ash is the most ridiculous and unrealistic scenario I can think of.

Tifa
18th September 2005, 6:34 PM
Yea it is unrealistic, and maybe ridiculous, but for me, id love to see with Drew travelling with them *goes off to dream

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
18th September 2005, 6:35 PM
I want all of then gone, I want a new main character

Feity
18th September 2005, 6:37 PM
That is actually what I want most, but if that is not an option, then I will go with what I said before.

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 7:05 PM
I'd rather not have a new 10 year old boy who is going to do everything that Ash did again anyway. It's the same writers, it'll be some new little boy and his traveling companions going to Gyms or some sort of adventure. How would that be any different than what we have now? Even Kenta in the Raikou special acted more or less like Ash, it'll be the same thing all over again.

Tifa
18th September 2005, 7:09 PM
Exactly, we cant have another ten year old, every single episode wll include some bady going " Prepare for trouble" a new annoying pokemin who goes summert like WAAA! and waste 30 seconds of the show, and just a repeat of all episodes ash and co ever did!

Heracross
18th September 2005, 7:09 PM
I still think they should have introduced the Fr/Lg girl in the animé somehow. =/

Tifa
18th September 2005, 7:15 PM
Maybe they will

Feity
18th September 2005, 7:15 PM
here's still hoping for the Sevii Islands...

Jo-Jo
18th September 2005, 8:44 PM
I think my ideal scenario would be if the anime split into two parallel series, one starring the original trio of Ash, Misty and Brock, and the other focussing on May with Max and maybe a new female character.

♥Princess Ketchum♥
18th September 2005, 8:49 PM
i think misty and tracy should come back and join up with ash and the gang so they could get some new pkmn too

Ash,Brock,Misty,Max,May and tracy

Devilrose
18th September 2005, 8:53 PM
The only person in the current group I think I'd want gone would be Max. Brock at least cooks for them. Max can give his pokenav to Brock and take a hike. Oh and I'd LOVE to see May in her emerald outfit in the anime :D Wonder if there's any chance at all she'd get a new outfit anytime soon >.> <.< Probably not but I can dream >.> Wouldn't mind seeing the FR/LG girl...but I doubt we'll see more than one girl permanently travelling with Ash. Maybe in Chronicles? >.>

Phantom_Bugsy
18th September 2005, 9:13 PM
I want my Todd and Tracey, dammit. Maybe like....Ash, Todd, Tracey, May and Misty or something :x

Geki
18th September 2005, 9:41 PM
For the Diamond and Pearl region, I would like May gone, and Max as well. I want it to be Ash, Misty, and Brock.

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 10:37 PM
I think my ideal scenario would be if the anime split into two parallel series, one starring the original trio of Ash, Misty and Brock, and the other focussing on May with Max and maybe a new female character.

After how miserable the original trio were together in Johto, I doubt the writers would take a risk and bomb the series again with how boring the original 3 were together.

taitofan
18th September 2005, 10:38 PM
I don't want any of them gone... And as much as I like Kasumi and Kenji, I think they should just keep making side episodes for them. So basically...

Main cast: Satoshi, Haruka, Masato, Takeshi (with Musashi, Kojirou, Nyasu)
Side cast to occasionally have their own episode or cameos: Kasumi&Kenji/Hiroshi/whoever else (with Kosaburou and Yamato)

Yeah... I say keep it the same. But throwing in the FR/LG girl somewhere would be interesting to see. <3

Jo-Jo
18th September 2005, 11:07 PM
After how miserable the original trio were together in Johto, I doubt the writers would take a risk and bomb the series again with how boring the original 3 were together.
Johto was boring because the plot sucked and it was crammed full of fillers, not because there was anything wrong with the Ash-Misty-Brock set-up.

CyberCubed
18th September 2005, 11:09 PM
And how would the same 3 be any different this time than how they usually are? They did two full regions with that lineup, I can't imagine how dull the show would be if they tried that a third time.

Not to mention with Misty carrying an Azurill in her arms all day and Brock doing nothing but cooking. BLECH.

Eric Cartman
19th September 2005, 12:21 AM
We don't necessarily know what the scenario with Misty, and Azurill would be. Maybe she just had it outside when visiting Oak, but she could leave it at the gym thinking it's too young to travel, or just keep it in a Pokeball. I agree with Jo-Jo, as Johto would've sucked even with May, as it's plot was horrible, and it was nothing but fillers. I'd personally like to see the original trio along with May. 2 guys, and 2 girls seems interesting, no? ;)

Seijiro Mafuné
19th September 2005, 12:37 AM
She could have done the same to Togepi. She didn't.

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 12:43 AM
I don't see anything inherently wrong with the A/M/B group dynamic. Admittedly there is a limit to how much interest you can get out of a group of friends travelling together, but that's a problem you're going to run into no matter what the group is. And the main reason I want to see them back together is because - well - they're the trio. A team. The three that the series began with. It just doesn't feel right when they're not together. Breaking them up is almost as bad as breaking up Harry, Ron and Hermione, or Takato, Rika and Henry, or Jessie, James and Meowth. And it's a rule with storytelling that when it gets down to the final act, it's good to bring back all of the characters and settings that were there at the start. It brings the story full circle and creates a satisfying ending.

Alfonso
19th September 2005, 12:50 AM
It's okay to break them up if no one actually misses them as a group because they ended up sucking.

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 12:54 AM
Plenty of people miss them as a group. Haven't you ever run into the nostalgic Kanto fans before? ;)

Devilrose
19th September 2005, 1:06 AM
I don't really care much about the old group. I'd like for Brock to stick around, but I wouldn't be horribly upset if he left again. In fact, I kinda like the new series better than the Kanto series, despite the Kanto series being the only one I watched in full.

CyberCubed
19th September 2005, 1:07 AM
The thing is that there's no reason why the original trio is considered "THE" main characters of Pokemon, or why they should all be reunited for old times sake. Sure the show began with them, but we all know how the course of the show affected the characters.

Seeing those 3 together (and only those 3) just gives me such a dull feeling. The dynamic is too different now, Ash no longer needs to listen to Misty's advice (or Brock's), and the fact of the matter is that the particular group makes Ash look like the newbie again.

The fact that May and Max are the younger kids makes Ash look like the experienced one. Having Misty and Brock there makes it look like we're back to square one, with Ash being the happy-go-lucky newbie who doesn't know what he's doing.

I'm glad the writers have no intention of reuniting the original 3, if I want to watch that I'll watch the 1st season again. No need to see that group a third time.

PokeTrainer7783
19th September 2005, 1:33 AM

I sooooooooooooooooo second that!

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 1:36 AM
That's why I think it'd be cool if the old group was reunited and Ash, instead of going back to being the rookie, took on the role of leader, and Brock and Misty, rather than being his coaches as before, become more like his lieutenants. It'd be a great way to show how Ash had grown. And I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, it's just what I'd like to see.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab
19th September 2005, 1:42 AM
All I want is Ash, Brock and some new character. Probably be the D/P girl since the boy won't fit right.

Yes Brock does nothing but cook and make a fool of himself but that's so great about him in my eyes. He's always there to make you laugh.But why are people hateful of Brock?

CyberCubed
19th September 2005, 1:50 AM
That's why I think it'd be cool if the old group was reunited and Ash, instead of going back to being the rookie, took on the role of leader, and Brock and Misty, rather than being his coaches as before, become more like his lieutenants. It'd be a great way to show how Ash had grown. And I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, it's just what I'd like to see.

I can see what you're saying, but the writers most likely won't do this, even when the show is coming to an end.

The writers already tried reuniting the original 3, and that failed. They bombed horribly. Even if the writing is better now, the writers will still remember how poorly Ash, Misty, and Brock were together during the 100+ episodes of Johto.

They won't take a risk with that again.

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 1:55 AM
Ash, Misty and Brock travelling together did NOT make anything bomb horribly. It was entirely the bad writing that did that. The writers didn't bring in May and Max and write out Misty because they knew they had to split up the Trio O' Doom at all costs. They wanted someone to promote the contests - enter May - and had to ditch an existing member of the group to make room.

Togemon
19th September 2005, 1:59 AM
What I want~
Ash, Misty, Tracey. Sorry, but I really love Tracey and Misty, and I loved that group more than the others. May annoys me a few times, Max is ok occasionally, and Brock does not interest me at all. But if I could, I would replace Ash with Daisy. :P

What I think will happen~
Ash/May/New Person
Ash is an obvious choice, I think they'll still keep May around for contests, and I think Brock will get the boot this time. Max might stay, but I really see him leaving the show, either he starts his own journey(Though if he does, his sister would probably go with him, but I think May is staying on the main cast...), or he goes back home to his parents.

Feity
19th September 2005, 2:14 AM
Another possibility I would like: Ash, LeafGreen (Girl), and Diamond (boy) on a main quest, and they will occasionally run into May and Max who are also traveling the D/P region for contests, and occasionally run into Misty, Brock, and Tracey who are also traveling the D/P region for whatever reason. I would actually like that a lot :O

The LG Girl should be really, really tough, and NOT lose her toughness like Misty did. Her signature Pokemon should be a Marill. She should do the cooking.
The Diamond Boy should be really smart, and kinda flirty, but not to the annoying and stupid extent that Brock is. He should have one of the D/P starters as his signature Pokemon. He should weald the Pokedevice, like Max.

Wolf Goddess
19th September 2005, 2:14 AM
What I want? I want to start out with two new female characters (LG girl, D/P girl), completely abandoning the old characters. Maybe add the D/P boy later, so we can have a love triangle.

Seijiro Mafuné
19th September 2005, 2:18 AM
Too bad we can't have Blue instead of LG girl... I find her cooler.

But yeah, sure.

Feity
19th September 2005, 2:23 AM
Too bad we can't have Blue instead of LG girl... I find her cooler.

But yeah, sure.
Erm... it's the same person in a different outfit.

Seijiro Mafuné
19th September 2005, 2:36 AM
Only because YOU want so. If I'm right, their eyes and haircuts aren't the same.

I think they should be twin sisters. And only one travel with them..

Feity
19th September 2005, 2:38 AM

Any opinions on TR for any of this? I think TR should be stuck with a novice and crappy TR member. They should take the oppurtunity to remove/change and shorten their motto.

Lil Brother
19th September 2005, 2:56 AM

Any opinions on TR for any of this? I think TR should be stuck with a novice and crappy TR member. They should take the oppurtunity to remove/change and shorten their motto.Or it could go:

Prepare for trouble!
Make it double!
To protect the world from devestation.
To unite all peoples within our nation.
To denounce the evils of truth in love.
To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light.
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!
Wobbuffet!
Chime Chime!
[Whatever the new kid's name is]!

Like the motto will ever have anything taken away from it. :D

CyberCubed
19th September 2005, 2:58 AM
Ash, Misty and Brock travelling together did NOT make anything bomb horribly. It was entirely the bad writing that did that.

And when the writers think of which saga of the anime had the worst writing, and the worst ratings, the group at the time comes to my mind. If you're a writer, you're not going to risk the show and bring back a group that nobody remembers fondly because of a horrible drawn out saga that spanned 100+ episodes. It's the same reason Ash's Johto team isn't liked as well as his Kanto or Hoenn one. The writing at the time sucked, so the writers neglect his Johto pokemon because of that.

There's a reason why they stuck with the same AG cast for the Frontier saga, (besides the fact that it's still AG), it's a cast that actually works. From what I know, AG has had higher ratings than the Orange Islands and Johto in Japan. That's from what I heard anyway.

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 3:06 AM
If Ash's Johto Pokemon are being deliberately pushed into the background so as not to taint the anime by associating it with its Season o' Suck, you'd think the writers wouldn't have made Phanphy tag along again. :p

I think we may just have to agree to disagree on the Ash-Misty-Brock thing.

CyberCubed
19th September 2005, 3:09 AM
Phanpy (which isn't a spoiler since it's in the opening) is an exception for obvious reasons. Ash didn't get it till nearly the end of Johto, and when he did have it, he barely used it. Phanpy is back because it's a Pokemon the writers knew was neglected, and wanted to give it a purpose.

To tell you the truth, I don't think I'd have the stamina to watch a season with Ash, Misty, and Brock again. There's just nothing compelling about those 3 together anymore. They have long lost their luster, and Misty has a new Togepi clone, so it would be the same old same old. The chemistry they had together in season 1 is long gone.

cold_katanagirl
19th September 2005, 3:12 AM
I'll shoot the writers if we had the original trio again. Come to think of it, I'll shoot the writers if Misty comes back at all.

I want the writers to ditch Ash and the others and bring some new characters in. I don't care if it's a boy or a girl... Just new characters.

If we must have Ash and the others, then Ash, May, and some other new character. I wouldn't mind having another guy and girl to the team I guess.

I'd stab the writers if Drew joined the group. Ash, May, and Drew traveling together would be disgusting. Really disgusting.

Feity
19th September 2005, 3:14 AM
Or it could go:

Prepare for trouble!
Make it double!
To protect the world from devestation.
To unite all peoples within our nation.
To denounce the evils of truth in love.
To extend our reach to the stars above.
Jessie!
James!
Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light.
Surrender now or prepare to fight!
Meowth, that's right!
Wobbuffet!
Chime Chime!
[Whatever the new kid's name is]!

Like the motto will ever have anything taken away from it. :D

NO. NO MORE ADDING TO THE END.

CyberCubed
19th September 2005, 3:14 AM
I'd stab the writers if Drew joined the group. Ash, May, and Drew traveling together would be disgusting. Really disgusting.

Drew as a main character whatsoever is a sickening concept, agreed.

Some Drew fangirls don't know the difference between fanfiction and reality.

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 3:18 AM
Oh, for - >_< I have seen maybe... one person on the forums saying that they want Drew to be a main character. Ever. We fangirls are perfectly within our right minds, thanks.

CyberCubed
19th September 2005, 3:21 AM
Oh, and although I don't want to name names (although they all post in the Contestshipping thread and Drew club , so you know who I'm talking about anyway) have all said they wanted Drew to be a main character at one point, whether traveling with Ash or traveling with May.

And Jo-Jo, I think sometimes you enjoy arguing just because you're bored and have nothing else to do. :p

It's a great way to fill time. ;)

cold_katanagirl
19th September 2005, 3:21 AM
I don't pay alot of attention to Drew fangirls, at least they can spell his name right. Damn Sesshoumaru fangirls who can't even spell his name... lozlare i have teh howts for sdesahouramraufalfyy!! ir biggets fansasdrf1!111

I like Drew, but he's better off as a loner.

Not to mention all the Advanceshipping VS Contestshipping crap that would come up...

Satoshi
19th September 2005, 3:25 AM
If they bring in the FR/LG girl, then the party will start. ;)

Brendan should make an appearence too, but thanks to the writers, it's bound to never happen. >_>

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 3:26 AM
I do indeed enjoy arguing, Cybercubed, but you do realise that I wouldn't argue with you so often if you didn't go out of your way to provoke me, right?

And I honestly don't recall anyone expressing a serious desire for Drew to join the main group. You might have to PM me links.

Not to mention all the Advanceshipping VS Contestshipping crap that would come up...
Hehehehehe, fun. :D Although there's plenty of that going on already.

CyberCubed
19th September 2005, 3:28 AM
I don't purposely want to provoke you, but we just happen to disagree on a LOT on this show. And you were the one who came up with the idea for the shipping debate threads were you not? Not to mention bumping up the threads when they happen to have a lack of activity. You can't expect me to sit by and let Drew fangirls have a field day can you?

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 3:35 AM
I don't purposely want to provoke you, but we just happen to disagree on a LOT on this show.
That is certainly true. :p

And you were the one who came up with the idea for the shipping debate threads were you not?
I think they were Alfonso's idea, but I won't pretend that I didn't jump at the opportunity. ;)

Not to mention bumping up the threads when they happen to have a lack of activity.
Hey, you do that too!

You can't expect me to sit by and let Drew fangirls have a field day can you?
Yeah, those uppity fangirls, daring to have a crush on a fictional character! Totally unlike May fanboys, of course. :p

Eric Cartman
19th September 2005, 5:01 AM
We'd be fools to rule Misty out of the picture, as we don't know much at the moment. Cybercubed, I do somewhat agree with most of the stuff you said, but if the trio were to reunite it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Johto sucked on it's own, and the trio had nothing to do with it. Misty was around since the series inception, and has a HUGE fanbase, so the writers would be dumb to just throw her away. I think we should just wait, and see where it goes. :) Can we agree on this?

Phantom_Bugsy
19th September 2005, 5:06 AM
Most Drew fangirls make my brain die. Can't even acknowledge a male coordinator outside a rose-toting little....RRRRRRrrghhh.fffhujf x___x

F*ck Drew. Todd's where it's at. *starts a Bring Back Todd campaign of which she is the only member* *...pickets outside the thread*

Now if you'll excuse me, I need some Midol. :D

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 5:14 AM
^ That's not true. Most Drew fans I know are, at the least, rather fond of Harley. :D Besides, why should it matter? We aren't required to conform to your personal tastes.

Phantom_Bugsy
19th September 2005, 5:23 AM
Well you should. Know why? Cause I'm feeling unreasonable tonight and Todd is 100x greater than Drew will ever be anyway. At least he has his own game AND a lack of n00by shallow fangirls :D

..we're out of Midol. But somehow I think y'all already knew that :D

Jo-Jo
19th September 2005, 5:26 AM
W/e. Pokemopolis hates Todd, and that's all I need to know. :D

In a vain attempt to be vaguely on-topic, I think there should be more episodes where Ash and co. acquire random travelling companions for short stretches at a time. I kinda liked the Todd three-parter.

Phantom_Bugsy
19th September 2005, 5:35 AM
Well that's good for them, now isn't it? :D *thumbs up* Congrats! However, I am all out of gold stars so you'll have to settle for this Rejected Merchandise sticker :< So sorry.

And yes, yes they do. In the form of Nikolai and the like. Not just some random person off the street.

TODD. Now. *addict*

cold_katanagirl
20th September 2005, 12:37 AM
I think I'd like it more if the group changed every region... Ash needs to die already. Or maybe if it didn't do the "lolz eight8 badge!!!" routine all the time.

And yes, I'm thinking of Pokemon Special. Shut up. =0

ash5550
20th September 2005, 1:09 AM
I swear, if that stupid eletric rat goes into another reigon, I am gonna KILL. I am so friken tiered of hearing that stupid bandana wearing girls voice. And Brock, ohhhhh, Brock. I will dunk him in burning oil if he goes to another frekin reigon. Bring in new GOOD characters. the old ones except Max and Misty SUCK MOOSE BALLS.

Satoshi
20th September 2005, 1:22 AM
I swear, if that stupid eletric rat goes into another reigon, I am gonna KILL.
Considering that the writers are NEVER gonna take out Pikachu, the local graveyard will get 5000 more visitors, right? :/

I am so friken tiered of hearing that stupid bandana wearing girls voice.
That's because Haruka's dub voice is extremely annoying(blame 4kids), but in the original, it's okay, so the writers aren't going to take her out.

And Brock, ohhhhh, Brock. I will dunk him in burning oil if he goes to another frekin reigon.
.....uhhhh......me too? o_0;

Bring in new GOOD characters.
ROFL C'mon, these are the writers were talking about. =O

the old ones except Max and Misty SUCK MOOSE BALLS.
Pikachu's or Raichu's? *shot* When was Max an old character? o_0;

ash5550
20th September 2005, 1:37 AM
When was Max an old character? o_0; ugh. I ment a good character. I just want GOOD characters.By that I mean new ones. thats all. I mean, collect all badges, beat all contests, pretty basic and boring.

CyberCubed
20th September 2005, 3:15 AM
That's because Haruka's dub voice is extremely annoying(blame 4kids), but in the original, it's okay, so the writers aren't going to take her out.

I strongly disagree, Veronica Taylor does an excellent job voicing May. I seriously cannot see a better english tone of voice suiting her more than the one she has. I like how VT switches up the innocent to the more sultry voice when May is up to something.

I think VT should resign her role as Ash soon, because he's getting a bit too old now. She's done an excellent job voicing him for the past 8 years, but I hope eventually Ash gets recasted.

ugh. I ment a good character. I just want GOOD characters.By that I mean new ones. thats all. I mean, collect all badges, beat all contests, pretty basic and boring.

That's because it follows the games. Whatever the new games do, the show does. In order for the anime to change, the games need a complete overhaul.

Satoshi
20th September 2005, 3:27 AM
I strongly disagree, Veronica Taylor does an excellent job voicing May. I seriously cannot see a better english tone of voice suiting her more than the one she has. I like how VT switches up the innocent to the more sultry voice when May is up to something.
Veronica Taylor DOES do great with Haruka's emotions, but the tone is a bit off.

I think VT should resign her role as Ash soon, because he's getting a bit too old now. She's done an excellent job voicing him for the past 8 years, but I hope eventually Ash gets recasted.
Same here.

But I, personally, think the writers should make new characters based on the characters in the Gen. games of their season. Like in Johto, they should've got Kenta and Marina to be be the main characters that time, and in Hoenn, Brendan and May.

But, as they always do, the writers don't live up to my expectations. ;_;

FlamingRuby
20th September 2005, 3:52 AM
My picks for a D/P party:

Ash (natch)
May/Misty/D/P heroine (either is fine)
D/P hero
Brock

Complain all you want, but I think Brock needs to stay in, lest our party wants to run up a high restaurant bill.

crazymonkyfoul321
20th September 2005, 9:00 PM
i like the idea of havin ash may or misty but y does brock have to be there he is like old so i think he should be replaced

suavesky
20th September 2005, 9:48 PM
[QUOTE=Tifa]May, and id like to see Misty take over brock, even though icant remember, what thread it was in, but some one mentioned that they may not have two girls in a group, Max can go, Soo heres my group
Ash
May
Drew

no drew can't come

The Phantom Thief
20th September 2005, 10:30 PM
i like the idea of havin ash may or misty but y does brock have to be there he is like old so i think he should be replaced

I doubt they'd replace Brock again. They tried it in Orange Islands but Tracey didn't really work out so he came back and I don't think the writers would want to risk it again.

As for Ash's group, the group of Ash, Misty, May and Brock would work for me.

Phantom_Bugsy
20th September 2005, 10:34 PM
I think Tracey did just fine :x Hell, I say ditch Brock and bring Tracey back! Todd, too.

Though then again if that happened, we might get a new season: Pokemon: Adult Generation! *le gasp* Hawt Tracey-on-Todd action, ogodyes. <333333

Momoko Lover
20th September 2005, 10:42 PM
The group I'd want is
Ash
(D/P Girl)
Another girl from the D/P region
Brock or Tracey

crawdauntpro
20th September 2005, 10:49 PM
I would like to see how Ash would do on his own just with Pikachu, see if he has learned how to cook as well as train his Pokemon up at the same time.
;277; ;231; ;341; ;362; ;128; ;164; ;007; ;214; ;099; ;155; ;001; ;006; ;324; ;089; ;253; ;153; ;025; ;143; ;158;

I would also like to see to see the following return: -
;018; ;012; ;131; ;246; ;057; .
And I would favour him capture the following : -
;259; ;359; ;305; ;256; ;297;

Wolf Goddess
21st September 2005, 12:27 AM
I would like to see how Ash would do on his own just with Pikachu, see if he has learned how to cook as well as train his Pokemon up at the same time.

[A LOAD OF USELESS SMILIES]

[MORE USELESS SMILIES]
[TYPEING NAMES OUT IS EASY]

I doubt we'd ever see him train alone. We need some variety in the group, and interaction between people. At least one other person should be there.

Phantom_Bugsy
21st September 2005, 12:29 AM
If Ash ever captured a Hariyama I'd f*cking shoot myself. End of.

*continues her Bring Back Todd picketing*

Feity
21st September 2005, 3:28 AM
;277; ;231; ;341; ;362; ;128; ;164; ;007; ;214; ;099; ;155; ;001; ;006; ;324; ;089; ;253; ;153; ;025; ;143; ;158;

;018; ;012; ;131; ;246; ;057; .
;259; ;359; ;305; ;256; ;297;
Incase you failed to notice, or even look at the first post, you will see we aren't talking about what Pokemon we want people to have. Phantom_Bugsy, Todd is one of my favorite charecters, but I would much rather see him come back occasionally or have some hosos then be part of the main cast. Tracy... has died. He is dead, and the writers want him dead.

PokeTrainer7783
21st September 2005, 3:33 AM
I just personally think we need a new group of people. Update us when Ash becomes a Pokemon master I say!

Jupetta
23rd September 2005, 6:22 AM
Ash bites and should leave forever, take Max and Brock, and let May become the dominate character of the show and have her own group.

Satoshi
24th September 2005, 1:45 AM
Ash bites and should leave forever'
Oh, and Brock doesn't? ;D

Can you people give this up? The writers will NEVER drop Ash from the show, even if you give them millions of flame-letters.

take Max and Brock
Oh sure, Max and Brock are soooooo more interesting than Ash, they sure did win important battles and stuff like that. -_-;

and let May become the dominate character of the show and have her own group.
The writers made it clear that they will never have a female be the main character, if they wanted to, they could've just taken Ash off when Pokemon Advance Generation began, which is a different series than Pokemon (which Ash was the main character of) and made May become the main character, but they didn't and stayed with Ash.

Poliwhirl
24th September 2005, 11:21 PM
misty ash tracy may i hate max the most

Silver Ryu
14th October 2005, 2:12 AM
Get rid of Brock. Seriously, I'm so sick of him.

Sharpshooter
14th October 2005, 11:23 PM
Brock's the only one who provides humor in that group, it's just a shame they don't revamp his stupidity to somewhere esle instead the girl thing the whole time.

3. Harrison. Has anyone mentioned him yet? He was one of my favorite characters in the Johto Silver Cup Championship, and he had extra cool Pokemon, especially the Blaziken and Kecleon. Oh yeah, Harrison would definitely be a good addition to the group in my opinion.

I think character's like Harrison are probably gone forever I'm afraid.

~Jupitol~
14th October 2005, 11:27 PM
Harrison was too old.
Tetsuya was too strong.
Massamune was too ugly.
Richie was too similar to Ash.

charger170
15th October 2005, 11:29 AM
IM JUST UNSTOKED ON THIS MANENE CRUD AND CANT FIND A THREAD TO COMPLAIN IN!!!!

CHIMECHO WAS SO MUCH COOLER THAN SMELLY MANENE!!!!!!

WHY WOULD JAMES DITCH HIS SICKLY CHIMECHO!?!?! ITS HEAL BELL SHOULD HAVE HELP OUT WAY MORE THAN IT DID....

...I want to cry....

charger170
15th October 2005, 11:33 AM
sorry...

Yes Harrison's Blaziken was rad, id only want to see him partner up so Blaziken could get more face time.

May is coolie-o, just she needs some work, maybe even an Emerald costume change...?

Munchlax needs to eat Max and do us all a favour.

Brock... meh, get some new pokemon and we'll talk

charger170
15th October 2005, 11:46 AM
Seriously, why even bother with a FR/LG set of characters if they arnt going to make the Anime portion? Yes i know their Manga roles, but wouldnt a brand new character be cool? A new character with NEW pokemon??? Not just re-vamping old ones (May and a squirtle???? i was angry enough when she caught a bulbasaur!!!)

I would just be happy if the main characters got some better pokemon. Phanphy needs to frakin evolve, god i hate it!

May needs to capture a chicorita or something inorder to make her team make sence... i dunno... Bulbasaur... squirtle.... combusken... munchlax.... If she ditched her combusken im throwing out all my games.

I didnt understand brocks Forretress, he never seemed that attached to it, and it only came out when all the pokemon fed. But it didnt have a mouth....

All in all, i want to see KEWEL pokemon make a guest appearance.

Starting a new quest sounds like an excelent time for Max to get a freakin pokemon. or leave the group to pick up that ralts!!! GRR!!!

All in all, this battle fronteir needs some lovin' and some work.....

LEMME SEE JESSE WITH SOMETHING OTHER THAT UGLY POKEMON

Seijiro Mafuné
15th October 2005, 4:50 PM
Don't triple post.

Hm... I guess it could have the new characters from D/P (but Ash and May should stay in the group).

The Power of Pika
16th October 2005, 12:11 PM
Ash definately needs to stay. Yes he's getting old but think about it how much do you know about him? I hardly know anything about him. So if the writers actually start developing on his character as in his history then he will definately get his second wind since we'll actually know him a bit better.
I mean we know so much about team Rocket and not enough about Ash that's what I think the writers should do anyway.

Also rotating the other characters are good with me because that keeps it fresh.

Mew2
16th October 2005, 3:39 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a group composed of Ash, maybe the D/P male and the FR/LG girl, though the likelihood of something like that happening (at least with the FR/LG girl) is diminishing rather quickly. I'd hope that she would keep some of the mischief from Blue of Pokemon Special. I doubt that she would be a thief, unless she was an orphan and stole only so she could eat, like Aladdin in the Disney movies.

crawdauntpro
16th October 2005, 4:46 PM
Incase you failed to notice, or even look at the first post, you will see we aren't talking about what Pokemon we want people to have.

I stand by my comment, but, apologies for not reading the thread name.

*Ra*
17th October 2005, 9:36 PM
Get rid of Brock. Seriously, I'm so sick of him.

I don't think so, not only does he provide humour, he cooks and he has Forretress(My favorite pokemon, such an amzing pokemon.)

Put it this way, Brock rocks and so does explosion.

Ohh yah and on-topic: I think Ash,May,Misty, ANd the most important one is Brock. But since we don't know what the characters look like or even their personalities, i can't add them to the list since they might look gay

Yamato-san
18th October 2005, 2:43 AM
I don't think so, not only does he provide humour, he cooks and he has Forretress(My favorite pokemon, such an amzing pokemon.)

Foretos doesn't do much, but it seems to me like the writers keep it around because it's the group's only representation of the GSC generation.... at least it was until Gomazou rejoined Satoshi.

+Chaos Blade+
18th October 2005, 2:49 AM
I would say in the DP series, Pokémon: Advanced Pokémon, or something with 'Advanced' in it, Ash should travel with an old rival: Gary. Sure, it may sound crazy, but think. Gary and Ash have been bitter rivals, and if they join together, there will be hilarity in their arguments, Gary can see new Pokémon, Ash can catch them, and Pikachu can be friends with them.

Off-topic: Ash is growing up. I mean, he's at least 15 in the Japanese series. Shouldn't the 4Kids people give their license to Funimation at the least. They're overloaded with programming.

CyberCubed
18th October 2005, 3:08 AM
Shouldn't the 4Kids people give their license to Funimation at the least. They're overloaded with programming.

I hope you realise that what you said makes absolutely no sense.

You honestly expect 4kids to give up their biggest money maker to a rival company? Do you have any idea how the business world works?

Besides, 4kids has a contract with Nintendo. Any animated series from Nintendo goes to 4kids.

Flying Tropius
18th October 2005, 3:32 AM
Ash
May
Tracy
Drew
Gary and cheer leaders (he better get a bus..)

+Chaos Blade+
23rd October 2005, 5:56 PM
I hope you realise that what you said makes absolutely no sense.

You honestly expect 4kids to give up their biggest money maker to a rival company? Do you have any idea how the business world works?

Besides, 4kids has a contract with Nintendo. Any animated series from Nintendo goes to 4kids.

Well, sadly, no, I didn't realize that. Anyway, I think it should happen. 4Kids is horrible when it comes to programming. Too many puns are used in the shows they air.

+Chaos Blade+

Puffs
23rd October 2005, 6:39 PM
Ohh yah and on-topic: I think Ash,May,Misty, ANd the most important one is Brock. But since we don't know what the characters look like or even their personalities, i can't add them to the list since they might look gay

You phail.

Anyway, I think it might be a good idea for Gary to travel with them. But if they're gonna add a new character they better make him/her good, like May and unlike Max.

dragonmaster5000
26th October 2005, 2:06 AM
I'm good with the current AG/Battle Frontier Group. I don't think any changes would be needed, especially not the Drew thing that some other people have mentioned. *gets shot by contestshippers, but pulls off jacket revealing bulletproof vest*

Calcos the Destroyer
6th November 2005, 1:30 AM
I say redo the thing. Ash is smarter now, but COME ON!! He's getting old.

Fr/Lg girl-<3(:
D/P boy.
Some screwed-up critter who sits on the guys shoulder.
DEOXYS!;386;;*shot to death repeatedly*:(-----DIIIR MINIGUN

munchlaxboy
8th November 2005, 12:07 PM
I personally say: Ash Brock Misty and May
Ash
Brock
May or Misty
Ritchie
Its like Max being replaced! Yeah!!!
I just had to add Ritchie. Hey, he's a major possibility!!!

Or Maybe: Ash Brock Misty and May

munchlaxboy
8th November 2005, 12:15 PM
For my group, I guess I'd pick:

1. Ash. I guess I've just gotten used to him because I was a Pokemon fan from the start of the anime. Besides, I want to see his Pokemon evolve to their final stages. Seriously.

2. May. Come on! Why wouldn't you pick May? She is obviously one of the most popular girls in Pokemon, and who wouldn't want to see how much her breasts have developed in the Diamond/Pearl Saga?!!! A must-have for the group. I especially want her in just to look at her.

3. Harrison. Has anyone mentioned him yet? He was one of my favorite characters in the Johto Silver Cup Championship, and he had extra cool Pokemon, especially the Blaziken and Kecleon. Oh yeah, Harrison would definitely be a good addition to the group in my opinion.
Hey it could happen!!! I put Ritchie!

munchlaxboy
8th November 2005, 12:18 PM
Off topic: If you didn't know, Ash's voice man has a lot of mental dissabilities, but he is doin an awesome job!

Satoshi
9th November 2005, 2:22 AM
Off topic: If you didn't know, Ash's voice man has a lot of mental dissabilities, but he is doin an awesome job!
Uh.....voice woman, a girl does his voice, and.....don't double post, use the edit edit button to add to your post. >_>

I think it should go like this:

Satoshi
Haruka
Masato
Kasumi

I feel the need for Kasumi to come back, and Takeshi [I]needs to go. :)

Lil Brother
9th November 2005, 2:25 AM
Mental dissabilities? Where the Hell did you get that idea from? :/

blueaquadog
9th November 2005, 2:38 AM
I don't think Max will go. He'll probably end up begining his journey in D/P and get one of the begginers.

Zoy_Herotic
9th November 2005, 10:30 AM
I reckon they should bring another boy in, and also another girl. I don't mind May, and Brock's starting to get really annoying, and so's Max. Actually, I hated Max from the start.
Here's what I think: Ash, May, Fr/Lg Girl, and maybe Brendan? Or the Fr/Lg guy

Gaiash
9th November 2005, 11:32 AM
The best team is the one we have now. Ash, May, Brock and Max. No other team was ever this awesome

articuno_trumps_all
11th November 2005, 8:08 PM
I'm really hoping for Richie. He's been chasing after him since his first appearance Hoso, so there is still a possibility.

RandomCharizard
11th November 2005, 8:31 PM
I'd like:
DP Boy
FR Girl
Snobby new Main Character
By snobby I mean:
New Main: You know what *Dp boy* Shut yourself up!You caught a measly *insert new pokemon*!SO WHAT? At least my starter is a lot better than that weak thing.
And the DP boy would be sensetive so..
DP Boy: But..but..
New Main: Just forget it lets go already were almost up to the gym.l
Something on the lines of that.

ř®ΑпGЗ ♠
11th November 2005, 9:37 PM
Ash, Max, Tracey, May, and some new dude.

PokeTrainer7783
14th November 2005, 3:01 AM
As most people have said, I don't think the show would do as well if they took out Ash. I don't know how important he is to fans in Japan but in the U.S. at least Ash is the reason kids like the show aside from Pokemon. I work with kids and I remember when Pokemon was popular the kids would pretend to be Ash or say Ash was their favorite character.

Samayowa
15th November 2005, 12:58 AM
Well if you've seen my thread I don't even want Ash in it, but let's not discuss that here...well if they do make him stay than....get rid of Max and Brock, keep May add the D/P Girl and her sister...so this way there are more girls instead of mostly boys.....

Diamond and Pearl

GoldenWing
29th November 2005, 2:53 AM
Ash
Harrison
May

GreenKirby
29th November 2005, 3:14 AM
The group would really great if it was Ash, Misty, Brock, and Max. Ash cannot leave the shgow because he's Ash, Misty was really funny and amusing character, Brock is necessary, and Max proved to be good character. I want May gone because she was such a horrible person and was very annoying.

Gaiash
29th November 2005, 12:41 PM
The group would really great if it was Ash, Misty, Brock, and Max. Ash cannot leave the shgow because he's Ash, Misty was really funny and amusing character, Brock is necessary, and Max proved to be good character. I want May gone because she was such a horrible person and was very annoying.
1) Misty lost her character shortly after Togepi hatched.
2) May is a very nice person, Just because Harley thinks she isn't doesn't mean hes right.