PDA

View Full Version : New Trainer Card Rule *READ OR LOSE YOUR INDEX FINGER*

Serebii
22nd September 2005, 12:22 AM
Right it has come to my attention that many of you are using Sprites such as our Diamond & Pearl Sprites or pictures from places like PokeSho for your Trainer Card shops and not letting people know thus having people have their sigs deleted for having stolen artwork

Could you please make sure people state this in their sigs or to save effort put it int he trainer card itself like in the bottom right

Thank you

Sweet May
22nd September 2005, 12:31 AM
well good rule there Serebii......... i don't like using the DP sprites since they were made by Coronis.. and some people seem to use them without saying who made the DP sprites...... =P

Mumage
22nd September 2005, 1:19 AM
[QUOTE=Serebii]Right it has come to my attention that many of you are using Sprites such as our Diamond & Pearl Sprites or pictures from places like PokeSho for your Trainer Card shops and not letting people know thus having people have their sigs deleted for having stolen artwork

Could you please make sure people state this in their sigs or to save effort put it int he trainer card itself like in the bottom right

Thank you[/QUOTE\

I no this question is off topic, but for years ive been wondering how old are you Serebii and are you a girl or boy. Sorry if this might affend you.

Flaming Charizard
22nd September 2005, 1:26 AM
I no this question is off topic, but for years ive been wondering how old are you Serebii and are you a girl or boy. Sorry if this might affend you.
If You Ever Bothered To Look At His Profile You Would Know He Is 18 and a male. Sorry For Answering For You Joe
On Topic: Good Rule Joe

Jolteon64
22nd September 2005, 2:04 AM
yah i can do that i dont use them great rule though
Off Topic:and your names Joe! Cool! i dont know any Joes

Locke Yggdrasill
22nd September 2005, 7:29 AM
Indeed, joe, I beleive that this was a needed rule.

Serebii
22nd September 2005, 10:34 AM
Since it has been brought to my attention that lines of text detract from the sig, I shall personally make a DP Sprite seal crediting us and a PokeSho seal so that you can just put them in an empty corner of the Trainer Card to save all this problem

Darato
22nd September 2005, 7:05 PM
Ya thats the best thing to do. I mean i using the stuff from hear with the TC i make and this way i can make it so they need to state it in thear sigs.

Volteon
22nd September 2005, 8:33 PM
O.o really O.o so it┤s better I continue use this site sprites, because there are people that don┤t give me the credit, imagine for pokesho...

umbreot
22nd September 2005, 11:04 PM
Ahhh, so thaats why my trainer card kept get deleting- I gave credit to Jolteon^..^ but not poesho.

Nice rule there serebii!

Mimori Kiryu
22nd September 2005, 11:12 PM
Nice rule, Joe. I'm glad that we'll soon be able to put little images in the corner so we don't waste sig length for it. ^_^ Good thinking!

miken park
23rd September 2005, 8:57 PM
Yup, Thats a good rule Joe. The little stamps don't really bother me but an awesome idea all the same.

Sgt. Pepper
23rd September 2005, 9:36 PM
Since it has been brought to my attention that lines of text detract from the sig, I shall personally make a DP Sprite seal crediting us and a PokeSho seal so that you can just put them in an empty corner of the Trainer Card to save all this problem

Cool, I can't wait to see 'em.

Risk Alchemist
24th September 2005, 2:45 AM
another good rule serebii keep up the excellent work!

.Dan.S.2006.
25th September 2005, 9:40 AM
I try to avoid using other sites sprites but on my trading card thread I put 'credit to pokesho.com for the sprite' on every packet. Also on my forum I have even put 'pics by pokesho.com' in the banner because I used their may, drew, red and green pics.

This is a good rule, I hate thieves Č.Č

halfling2
28th September 2005, 10:42 PM
Oops, I'll go change it now. Heh heh heeeh.
Off topic: Where do I get the 'T-card kit'?

iluvwobbuffet
1st October 2005, 7:44 PM
This is a grand rule.
I would use the DP sprites Coronis made when I'd make an evolution for someone in my request thread, but I always told people to give Coronis credit for the sprites he made.

So although I never asked Coronis if I could use those sprites for the evolutions, I told people to give him credit for those sprites. Is what I did wrong?

Ellie
5th October 2005, 10:27 PM
Good idea making a sticky, Joe, but I would suggest making a similar one in the Fan Sprites forum about using them in mixes. Almost every day, I see a new person making a sprite topic, and they've used one of Coronis's sprites in a mix. I usually tell them if I see them, but I think some people think those sprites come from a game or something. I just think it would help if there was a sticky there, too.

Sora
13th October 2005, 7:38 PM
When I did make trainer cards I refused to use Pokesho or DP sprites because in my mind that's stealing.

houndoomrules
18th October 2005, 4:12 AM
how do you put trainer cards etc in your sig

Hero of legend
18th October 2005, 2:15 PM
how do you put trainer cards etc in your sig

First you copy the link of the trainer card or any other picture, then you go to edit signature, then you click on the small yellowish box icon and paste your link there!

booma bomb
6th November 2005, 5:02 PM
I must say, that is a rule that is really important. Thank GOD there aren't going to be any more people getting their sigs deleted for not giving credit to Pokesho etc.

Guitar dude bill
13th November 2005, 2:25 PM
If You Ever Bothered To Look At His Profile You Would Know He Is 18 and a male. Sorry For Answering For You Joe
On Topic: Good Rule Joe
for petes sake have you ever studied maths? he isn't 18 he's 19. about the rule does that mean like. we can't have d and p sprites or pokesho sprites. good mine isn't

Ultimate
13th November 2005, 3:33 PM
for petes sake have you ever studied maths? he isn't 18 he's 19. about the rule does that mean like. we can't have d and p sprites or pokesho sprites. good mine isn't
uh huh... wheres the credit for pokemonelite2000? and yes you can use pokesho and d p sprites as long as you give CREDIT

Guitar dude bill
13th November 2005, 3:45 PM
uh huh... wheres the credit for pokemonelite2000? and yes you can use pokesho and d p sprites as long as you give CREDIT
do you mean by credit like say, this was given to me by serebii E.G. i don't really care cause i use camper and shadow background. i love my TC

Ultimate
13th November 2005, 6:10 PM
yes just say like credit to serebii for .... and give credit where you got the pokemon and camper from...

Skiks
18th November 2005, 11:44 PM
yes just say like credit to serebii for .... and give credit where you got the pokemon and camper from...
Well you don't need to give credit to something not actually made by them. Those sprites where ripped. o.O The camper comes from the game. -_-;

MiloticMistress
19th November 2005, 6:13 AM
I feel sorry for the many people that have lost their index finger.

▼■DoomWing■▼
19th November 2005, 6:34 AM
http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5729/untitledf2bz.png (http://imageshack.us)
i borrowed the sprites and the card from dragon master hunters is that what i write beside the card?

Hukuzo
19th November 2005, 6:50 AM
You're the boss. Is mine okay?

Mr. Bikini fan
29th December 2005, 7:08 PM
I need one of the frontier cards and i have the same symbols as Beck.

The fore ground will be red, and the background if i wish it will be blue.

My pokemon are Blaziken, Wailord & Alakazam but can someone please make it?

I'm not a good artist but i'm only the best paintist at Game logos!!

Dafearo(svensk)
23rd January 2006, 6:04 PM
I need one of the frontier cards and i have the same symbols as Beck.

The fore ground will be red, and the background if i wish it will be blue.

My pokemon are Blaziken, Wailord & Alakazam but can someone please make it?

I'm not a good artist but i'm only the best paintist at Game logos!!

Um... This is not a request thread!

Electabuzz
28th January 2006, 6:01 PM
uhh...it's a little late to say that
it's been almost a month..o_O

Altair
20th February 2006, 6:29 PM

I wonder when they'll be done. Good rule by the way.

ImmortalKaine
17th March 2006, 3:15 AM
Not advertising or nothin' but you should see all the people using your Pokedex sprites on pokecommunity.com. It's crazy. No credit to coronis for the D/P sprites.

MetalMario
17th March 2006, 8:41 AM
The "PokÚdex sprites" are copyright Nintendo/Game Freak. Most people pull sprites from http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/, anyway, and, as far as I know, that's authorized. What you say about Coronis's sprites is correct, but that's far from isolated to PC.

Edit: Elabourating a little more: I believe that the use of the official sprites from the games qualifies as fair use, since they're being used to represent game progress and such. Either way, it's in Nintendo's court, but if Nintendo were to pursue individuals for using their art in derivative works (things such as trainer cards, mixes, etc.), the entire spriting scene would unravel.

jindahouse
19th March 2006, 1:14 PM
right serebii i am now confused 1st. all my trainer cards have both gone an one didn't even have an orre pokemon on it and 2nd who do i give thanks to for my trainer card then.

zangooseshuckleespeon
24th March 2006, 2:11 AM
where can i make a trainer card plz help me!

Ninzo
15th April 2006, 8:21 PM
I made my trainer cards "sprites" by myself...didnt want to hear anything about like I was stole somebodys arts... :s

blog_dog
1st May 2006, 7:44 PM
i stole a trainer card before and i got a warning am no longer doing trainer cards for now on am doing card packs stop by the fancy card workshop for a nice card pack and
i have the special abillty of making it fancy so come by or private message me

*Jean Grey*
24th May 2006, 4:08 AM
How many Trainer Cards is the limit in a signature ?

Ellie
24th May 2006, 4:39 AM
Depends on the size. For the normal size, like the ones you have, you can only have two, since banners have a minimun 2:1 width-to-height ratio.

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
3rd June 2006, 9:34 AM
Um... when are you going to post the pics Serebii?

Off-Topic: how do you make evolution scenes anyway?

goldfly2005
20th June 2006, 8:39 PM
im making a traiber card with the d/p butterfree from serebii.net after i recolor it. it is ok if i don't give credit for this, right?

Ellie
6th July 2006, 8:28 PM
im making a traiber card with the d/p butterfree from serebii.net after i recolor it. it is ok if i don't give credit for this, right?
I believe it should be okay. Others have done the same thing and didn't get in trouble.

Savage X
6th July 2006, 8:33 PM
I thought Serebii had a rule of not using it? Or does he mean you just can't use the 387+ Pokemon, and you can still use the old 1-386 Pokemon's new sprites?

Luna Mew
10th July 2006, 8:01 PM
So... we can't use the Diamond/Pearl Pokemon in Trainer Cards? How about other things... like for example... Soccer Pokemon... or re-colors?

D-Man
10th July 2006, 8:15 PM
^you can use the dp sprites, just give credit to whoever made them when using

Luna Mew
10th July 2006, 8:38 PM
^you can use the dp sprites, just give credit to whoever made them when using

Ah... ok. Good to know. ^_^

AngelPaladin
14th July 2006, 5:02 PM
I'm new to this. How do you make Trainer cards and how are they important?

Lishus13
18th July 2006, 12:43 AM
So is this why the new Electabuzz Evolution Blinkie that I have in my signature won't come up?

EDIT: Oh, wait, never mind!

Pikabolt
27th July 2006, 3:04 PM
I have a question. not really on topic, but, what exactly is pokeshow? I went there, and it's all japanese. and I don't see where everybody gets sprites from there. I can't read japanese.

miken park
28th July 2006, 5:41 AM
http://www.pokesho.com/icon1.html
Here's the first page.

Some people can read japanese.

Pikabolt
28th July 2006, 6:13 PM
ok, that REALLY clears it up. thanks.

Beldum-cool
2nd August 2006, 4:36 AM
Um what about sprites from www.pokemonelite2000.com. Is there a seal for that. I didn't see a copy right thing on the bottom of the site index

kinglax
2nd August 2006, 2:50 PM
I need a trainer card

Ellie
9th August 2006, 4:58 PM
Um what about sprites from www.pokemonelite2000.com. Is there a seal for that. I didn't see a copy right thing on the bottom of the site index
It's better to take the safe route and just give credit anyway if nothing is stated, but pe2k doesn't go after people who don't give credit. Besides, it's impossible to tell who ripped the sprites unless they're watermarked, and the person could have ripped it themself.

Brocko18
14th August 2006, 3:42 AM
I feel kind of stupid for asking this, but I don't really understand the rule. I make sprite fusions, re-colors, and trainer cards and sometimes people ask for D/P sprites. Does this new rule mean that I can't use diamond pearl sprites at all? not that I have any access to them anyway, but is that what it means?

Kinrah
15th August 2006, 8:38 PM
I feel kind of stupid for asking this, but I don't really understand the rule. I make sprite fusions, re-colors, and trainer cards and sometimes people ask for D/P sprites. Does this new rule mean that I can't use diamond pearl sprites at all? not that I have any access to them anyway, but is that what it means?

It means you can use the D/P sprites, but only if you give credit to Serebii.net.

I need a trainer card

This isn't a request thread.

On the matter of the icons, I made a couple... I'm not so sure about the Serebii.net one though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/Kinrah/icons.png

(And if you do decide to use these, don't copy the text, that's just so you know which is which, if it wasn't obvious)

If you don't know what the first icon is, go work up on your Pokemon some more. The Pokesho icon is from the Pokesho logo. All you'd need to do is stick them in an open corner, say, the top left. Or right next to the Pokemon.

ShadowDeoxys
23rd August 2006, 4:19 PM
sooo....how do i get a trainer card?

zeppelin
24th August 2006, 5:28 PM
^youll need to request one in a shop found in this section

Lugia_Trainer
12th September 2006, 1:22 AM
ok tgen how do i make a trainer card?

PKMN_Trainer_Gold
13th September 2006, 1:39 AM
I'm glad Serebii made this topic before I used any D/P icons/sprites for meh Trainer Card Requests on Neopets. O_O

falconex
14th September 2006, 1:15 AM
huh wow still cant find the trainer card making thingy....
can anyone help me how do i make a trainer card?

nvm...a week later, but i found out. yea.
but i still dont get how do you get the tc's and pics and stuff to show on your posts???
help me dear god.

Lil' Jirachi
17th September 2006, 6:02 PM
This might not be a good place to ask but I was wondering how do you make your own TC?

Shiny Crobat
21st September 2006, 8:46 PM
Can I have a trainercard?
color: blue
Background: battle dome
Pokemon: starmie, salamance, metagross, raikou, heracross and milotic
Thanks in advance

MS
21st September 2006, 11:36 PM
falconex - teh edit button is your friend + you upload the trainer card to imageshack.us or photobucket.com or any other image hosting sites and then on here you put [IMG]urlofthepic[*/URL] Without the *.

Lil' Jirachi - http://serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=2341525&postcount=16

Shiny Crobat - you ask that in individual trainer card shops- not in an announcement thread.

guy133
16th October 2006, 11:47 PM
How do you guys make trainer cards?

Nightdawn
23rd October 2006, 9:12 AM
Can I have a trainercard?
color: blue
Background: battle dome
Pokemon: starmie, salamance, metagross, raikou, heracross and milotic
Thanks in advance

These Are The Rules! Check out for Request Places in the Fan Art Request Forum Not Here : P

How do you guys make trainer cards?

Trainin!
well Search on Google or Look for The SSp Help and Noobie Threads Razor Leaf did a Tutorial

This might not be a good place to ask but I was wondering how do you make your own TC?

Just the same as i sayed Before:P

ok tgen how do i make a trainer card?

And Again Same as i sayed Before... GOOGLE SEARCH IS SO HANDY: )
Or Check after Tutorials on Serebiiforums

Alzi
23rd October 2006, 12:27 PM
yes i see alot of this going around espially with coronis's sprites i don't use the poksho sprites...

andrew_-_john
23rd October 2006, 6:41 PM
Right it has come to my attention that many of you are using Sprites such as our Diamond & Pearl Sprites or pictures from places like PokeSho for your Trainer Card shops and not letting people know thus having people have their sigs deleted for having stolen artwork

Thank you

im giving credit to my new one's i use bulbagarden they have cool ones:)

pokeboy sarab
7th November 2006, 4:10 PM
guys check tutorials for how to make tc's

Kirby010694
12th November 2006, 4:55 PM
I wana loose my index finger! and keep it in a glass jar

Rikeec97
18th November 2006, 5:46 AM
excuse me serebii i am a very big fan of your site i know this is off topic but you know under your user name how do you change into a different badge
and stuff
and do you put stuff in your sig
I love pokekemon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!