PDA

View Full Version : Which was your favourite?

Pages : [1] 2

Junahia
2nd October 2005, 2:49 AM
Which of the first three games was your favourite? Mine was Yellow because you could get all of the starter pokemon, which I thought was smart, because in the others you can't and let's face it... How many of you have friends that are willing to give up their starters?

Setsuna22
2nd October 2005, 3:15 AM
Blue was my favorite out of the first three. First pokemon game I ever got. I didnt really like yellow due to the fact I could never get past Brock. >_<

Suica
3rd October 2005, 5:01 AM
Blue. It's the only I out of them I ever had. It could have been Yellow but I never got it.

O Fortuna
18th October 2005, 4:27 AM
Ehn. My favourite was Blue mainly because you can catch Meowth in it. I despise Yellow because you can't get Jynx and Blue also trumps Red because Porygon is cheaper.

Shin Ura Yuuki
18th October 2005, 11:25 AM
Yellow, because it's the version that's based on the anime the most. XP

Shiny Rokon
18th October 2005, 1:05 PM
Blue ... Vulpix...duh ;)

Trainer Ed
18th October 2005, 2:25 PM
Blue was my first VIDEOGAME EVER!!!! So I choose blue!

Shadow the Hedgehog
18th October 2005, 8:59 PM
I like Yellow because of the Surfing Pikachu game.

Fingal
22nd October 2005, 11:47 PM
Red was my first Pokemon game, so i'll go with that instead of Blue. And I felt that both Red and Blue were better than Yellow. So yeah, Red's my favorite.

rokman
22nd October 2005, 11:52 PM
yellow > any pokemon game that will ever be released

KasuMi ^^
23rd October 2005, 3:54 PM
Blue ... Vulpix...duh ;)
Lol, totally agree xD. Vulpix's my favorite pokémon ^^

Actually, I also like a lot Yellow and- besides those "great" graphics- Green was pretty cool too :B. I like the Red version anyway.. but Vulpix was in the Blue one XD.

*Between Blue & Yellow* @_@

Black Marauder
23rd October 2005, 7:07 PM
Red >all other old Pogeyman games

teampez
23rd October 2005, 9:40 PM
Red my first pokemon game, first gameboy game

new001
23rd October 2005, 10:00 PM
My favorites are blue, red, and yellow.

Kal-El
23rd October 2005, 10:01 PM
Blue was my first game ever and I earned it. I was SO happy. I really love Blue.

Latias Fanatic
24th October 2005, 5:04 AM
Red because i like dragon typed pokemon and charizard is dragon typed

2kool4skool
24th October 2005, 5:09 AM
Red, because it was the first pokemon game I ever owned.

Sneasel
28th October 2005, 3:43 AM
I liked Yellow because Pikachu followed you around, and the Surfing Pikachu thing.

Electabuzz
29th October 2005, 5:30 PM
I'm gonna have to go with Red, only because it was the first Pokemon Game (let alone the first Gameboy Game) that I ever played.

Kiwisphinx
29th October 2005, 6:40 PM
Yellow, because the sprites stunk in the other two.

Electabuzz
29th October 2005, 8:38 PM
So...you're opinion of a good game is graphics...I'm not trying to flame or anything, don't get me wrong.

Kiwisphinx
29th October 2005, 9:33 PM
No, that was just one reason (Electabuzz, I can see where you got that idea from. It was a short explanation). I also thought that the Gyms and Elite Four was more fun because of the different pokemon lvs and different pokemon teams. I also thought that Pika's expressions were pretty funny.

Kira Yamato
30th October 2005, 2:28 PM
Blue, it was the first I got.

Clockworkz
30th October 2005, 8:30 PM
Basically, the first game you got was your favorite, just becasue it was your first? Interesting.
Red is a no BS game. Arcanine, Primape, Scyther and Electabuzz. ALl four are godly in their own way. Also, Porygon sucks, so I'm in no rush to get the worthless thing. Granted, Vupix makes better use of its stats, but Arcanine just looks so much more bad-***. More Koffings = god, since Koffing is the only decent Poison Pokemon in the game, Explosion, Sludge, Haze and Smokescreen, and good stats to back it up. And, guy who can't beat Brock: Buterfree learns confusion at level 10 or 12, I believe. Make use of it. I never used Pikachu, anyway. No evolve = bad. Boxed it up as soon as Jolteon rolled in, and Thunderbolt was learned. Double Team, Reflect and Substitute makes it a nice annoying Pokemon. I think Pikachu can pull that off, too, but it's piss-poor stats can't back it up much. Trade it to a next gen game for Light Ball, and that's about it.

Virtual Headache
1st November 2005, 7:22 PM
Red, because it was my first Pok&#233;mon Game ever.
So many memories :0

Yellow is cool too, since the sprites look great, but it's too Anime-like IMO.

SapphireL
2nd November 2005, 4:44 AM
I have Pokemon Red, but I shoulda gotten Blue. >_< oh welllllll. I'll say Red.

eheheh... Gold is the best. :p

Yami ookami
2nd November 2005, 4:46 AM
I'd have to say my fave is Yellow. Hehehe......pikachu

halibabica
6th November 2005, 2:59 PM
Besides the Pokemon that appear in the games, I think Yellow is the most fun of the three. It's the only one that's unique in its design, b/c the colors aren't solid for the whole game and you actually get a little more of a plot than just "whup Giovanni and become awesome." Red and Blue are almost the same game if you're not picky about the Pokemon that appear.

Okami_Kage
7th November 2005, 11:33 PM
I like red because you can get missing no. and i like the bad graphics

Flame Sabre
16th November 2005, 7:55 AM
Yellow was uber annoying because you couldn't evolve Pikachu and so it remained an inferior weakling. ¬_¬ Plus it tagging along behind me made me mad. XD;

IMO Red is the best. Besides, I haven't played Blue. ^_^;;;

Besides, Arcanine >>> Ninetales. :P

Dark Venusaur
22nd November 2005, 11:48 PM
;003;Yellow because you got a Pikachu and you got the 3 starters;003;

Szizorlv100
19th January 2008, 11:05 AM
yellow cos you can get all three staters

d_dan_n
4th February 2008, 6:15 PM
I liked yellow because you started with pikachu and could get all the other three starters

Volvagia
4th February 2008, 8:55 PM
Mine is blue. It was my first Pokémon game, so I like it most.

fhqwhgads
5th February 2008, 2:20 AM
Blue. My first game ever helps it.

lightdash
5th February 2008, 9:09 AM
Yellow version. It was the only one that I can actually complete my Pokedex on. And Pikachu following behind was an awesome idea.

Magmar Master
5th February 2008, 4:11 PM
Yellow I loved having all the starters ,having pikachu follow me and the chansys in th pokemon center plus that guy who traded you a machoke (machamp was my old favourate and I couldn't get a link cable back then)

The only problem with it is you cant get magmar

Arceus Master
5th February 2008, 11:04 PM
Mine was Blue. Red just wasn't one for me and I never really liked Yellow version.

Leki
5th February 2008, 11:14 PM
Blue, it was the first I got.
Me to. :3 I find nothing wrong with your favorite being your first, I mean, it's what got you into the whole series in the first place.

Blue was my favorite out of these, because it let me have Squirtle, and it was sooo cute! :D I just really hate the boxes in those games, for some reason. Y-Y I love the new FireRed game, but I wish they had stuck with the older one abit more.... heck, Gary looks NOTHING like his old cute self!

Dark Arceus
11th February 2008, 10:09 AM
yellow cos you can get all three staters

You win a prize for the biggest bump i've ever seen- OVER 2 YEARS!

Anyways, I preferred Yellow because of its better storyline.

Treecko Girl
12th February 2008, 4:31 PM
Yellow 'cause Pikachu followed you around.
I believe today's Pokémon games should learn from that... *Hint Hint*

dark_murasame
13th February 2008, 6:56 PM
mine was yellow because i liked how pikachu actually said its name when you would speak to it and also how you could gain all three of the other starters in different locations

SkinnySweatyMan
17th February 2008, 11:03 PM
Yellow, because it's the version that's based on the anime the most. XP

But the anime was based on the games.

Anyway, I liked blue the best. Meowth, Vulpix and Sandshrew for the win!

--wishmaker
18th February 2008, 12:41 AM
Probably Red just because it was the first I played. Yellow was pretty awesome in getting all the starters though.

surfer treecko
19th February 2008, 5:45 PM
Red because it is the first pokemon game I ever got. I don't like the fact you are almost forced to use pikachu on yellow all the time and blue hurts your eyes.

bompar80
3rd March 2008, 4:07 PM
Red bechause of electrabuzz!

oneechan_20
14th March 2008, 1:22 PM
Yellow was fun :). It had A LOT of story line, since it kinda followed the anime series. So it was interesting. Besides, you got to get all of the starters :)

Dragonite08
15th March 2008, 8:51 PM
Mine was yellow! :p
because of pikachu following you and the 3 starters

legendarypokemonjunkie17
16th March 2008, 2:46 AM
Personally, I loved yellow. Now my first game was silver, and I got red and blue before yellow, but I liked the ability to get all 3 starters as well as Pikachu. It was just new and awsome, different in a good way.

Some_Random_Person
31st March 2008, 5:45 AM
My favourite was Yellow. I liked having Pikachu follow me around, and that you could get all three starters without having to trade. In addition, Golbat is less ugly in Yellow than in the Red and Blue versions.

pokemon4eva
31st March 2008, 1:47 PM
Mine was yellow, because it was my first pokemon game, having a pikachu follow you around was a nice change to the Red/Blue version and it kept closer to the anime; examples- you couldnt evolve it yourself, and that it hated you first of all. :025ball:

WishIhadaManafi5
2nd April 2008, 4:37 PM
I liked Yellow the best, since you could get ahold of all three starters. Plus it was fun seeing Pikachu follow after me. And it was a blast seeing Jessie and James and the more animé like storyline -- it was truly refreshing :).

Jimbobson
2nd April 2008, 5:10 PM
Mines yellow, you can get all starters, it changes colour to match the cities, the Pokemon look better (koffing's cross on its belly is upsidedown on B/R)
Also Pikachu follows you around!!!

d_dan_n
4th April 2008, 11:28 AM
Yellow, you could get all the starters and Pikachu followed you around

SHUCKLE MAN
4th April 2008, 3:05 PM
I liked Yellow the most because it was harder (L. 50 Pokemon at Gym 5!), you could get all the starters, the sprites were better, the ridiculously hard trainers (like the one in Rock Tunnel with a L.20 Raticate) were taken out and I liked it how Team Rocket came as reccurring characters.

Wow. I think this gets the record for the shortest active thread which was started in 2005!

Turtwig.owns
4th April 2008, 6:55 PM
My favorite has always been yellow because of Pikachu following me around lol. i just love how it is so much like the anime.

Hooray4Homestar
6th April 2008, 8:06 PM
Pokemon Yellow. I love Pikachu and having it follow you around the whole game is great!

Aeron
6th April 2008, 8:59 PM
Definatly Blue, I hated Yellow, with that mouse following me everywhere I went.
Grrr....
And the fact you got all starter Pokemon made it to easy.

Guy
9th April 2008, 9:48 PM
Blue. Even ignoring the price lowerage of Porygon and the version exclusives, it's more original than Yellow, plus it isn't based off the show at all. Why over Red? I got it first.

Light Venusaur
10th April 2008, 7:15 AM
Mine was (& still is (& is also my Bishie): ;133;

Mew Fan 120
11th April 2008, 2:36 AM
definatly Yellow.Pikachu made gen.1 games a lot more fun for me.

commonroutes
18th April 2008, 12:18 AM
Red.

I actually bought both Red and Blue at once to jump on the trendy bandwagon, but I ended up playing my Red more because Charizard looked "cooler" to me on the cover. XD

But in all technicality, I prefer Red over Blue because of the Growlithe/Arcanine exclusive, and over Yellow because I always considered Yellow as the "cheaters" game being able to obtain all three original starters.

Can you tell I was eight years old, or what?

So, Arcanine and nostalgia for the win!

torchic_lover
20th April 2008, 4:13 PM
yellow, it follows the real story,m + u can get all starters!

commonroutes
20th April 2008, 8:49 PM
"follows the real story"?

Try "adds extra features to the real story".

Guy
20th April 2008, 10:22 PM
What real story?

commonroutes
20th April 2008, 10:33 PM
The story of Pokemon Red and Blue.
You know, the story that you have no say in as other people tell you what to do!

LegendKeeper
23rd April 2008, 4:48 PM
I liked Blue considering it was my first pokemon game ^^ go blastoise and Vulpix. But I liked yellow for the fact that pikachu followed you outside of the pokeball and you could put it to sleep

Dark Rulerł
23rd April 2008, 5:22 PM
Blue, due to it being my first Pokemon game, and I wanted that version because Blastoise was/is my favorite of the RBY starters.

Clockworkz
23rd April 2008, 5:34 PM
Blue. It had better pokemon.
Persian > Primeape, Sandslash > Arbok, Victreebel > Vileplume, Ninetails > Arcanine.
Red had Scyther and Electabuzz, and that was about it.

seveguy
26th April 2008, 2:56 PM
Mine is Blue because that's the only one I played. My older brother had Red, and that process kind of followed with the next generations.

Generation 1
I had Blue
He had Red

Generation II
I had Gold
He had Silver

Generation III
I had Sapphire and Leafgreen
He had Ruby and Firered

Generation IV
I had Diamond
He had Pearl

But I the crazy thing is, getting back on topic, my favorite should be Red, just because Oddish is in it, and since that's my favorite Poke'mon, I always had to trade.

Palamon
26th April 2008, 7:30 PM
I haven't Played any of the origanol but Pokemon Green is my favorite original

manoflego
29th April 2008, 4:59 AM
i like red and blue because there is missingno and you can get mew in a glitch

Renami
29th April 2008, 11:04 AM
I like yellow better. You can have all of the starters.

Clamps
29th April 2008, 11:19 AM
Basically, the first game you got was your favorite, just becasue it was your first? Interesting.
Red is a no BS game. Arcanine, Primape, Scyther and Electabuzz. ALl four are godly in their own way. Also, Porygon sucks, so I'm in no rush to get the worthless thing. Granted, Vupix makes better use of its stats, but Arcanine just looks so much more bad-***. More Koffings = god, since Koffing is the only decent Poison Pokemon in the game, Explosion, Sludge, Haze and Smokescreen, and good stats to back it up. And, guy who can't beat Brock: Buterfree learns confusion at level 10 or 12, I believe. Make use of it. I never used Pikachu, anyway. No evolve = bad. Boxed it up as soon as Jolteon rolled in, and Thunderbolt was learned. Double Team, Reflect and Substitute makes it a nice annoying Pokemon. I think Pikachu can pull that off, too, but it's piss-poor stats can't back it up much. Trade it to a next gen game for Light Ball, and that's about it.

Blue. It had better pokemon.
Persian > Primeape, Sandslash > Arbok, Victreebel > Vileplume, Ninetails > Arcanine.
Red had Scyther and Electabuzz, and that was about it.

Wow... An opinion change, and it only took 2 years? Also, my fave was the Japanese green, due to the uber horribleness of the sprites.

Tri hawk
29th April 2008, 11:44 PM
Yellow In my opinion was the best.

Miss_Pocket_Monster
4th May 2008, 2:14 PM
Yellow was cool, but Red and Blue were still the best. :)

Like everyone else, part of the reason my favourite version (Blue) is the one I like most is because it's the first Pokemon game I ever owned. There are other reasons, however, that I must enumerate.

Gameplay in Red and Blue is essentially identical, so what it boils down to is Pokemon. As someone earlier mentioned, Porygon is much cheaper in Blue, and I really liked that because I didn't have to use nearly as many cloned nuggets (yes, I was a glitch cheater). Also, I liked Ninetails more than Arcanine and loved Meowth for its uber-cuteness. And what Pokemon was more badass than Sandslash?

Blue also had Magmar and Pinsir, though, just as Red had Scyther and Electabuzz. I did not realize just how awesome those Pokemon were back then, so I did not really consider that. I still don't, honestly, because they seem about equal on that point.

My Blastoise owned all on that game! ;009;

aerisLana
7th May 2008, 3:18 PM
I'll have to go with Yellow, because the story is more like in the anime. It was really cool seeing Pikachu in my back, following me. :p

cascade88
7th May 2008, 3:58 PM
I'd have to say that its a tie between Blue and Yellow for me. Blue because it was my first Pokemon game, and Yellow because it was more along the storylines of the show.

Walking Contradiction
26th May 2008, 12:56 PM
In Yellow, the Pokemon sprites actually look like Pokemon and you can have all of the starters. The Cerulean Cave is also better in Yellow, and so are the Gym leaders.

iamnotiangibson
26th May 2008, 6:21 PM
Red, it was my first.

I didn't like Yellow that much. Pikachu got on my nerves.

Xewtwo
29th May 2008, 12:45 AM
Red is my favorite. Forever. It was my very first pokemon game. I remember getting it well; I ordered it out of a catalog (which was stupid, as I could've got it easily at the store) and it came on a day when I had parent/teacher conferences. I couldn't take it in, so I just got the manual. I liked Charmander the best, but I noticed the manual said Bulbasaur would be best, so I took it.

In any case, Bulbasaur is my very first pokemon period (although I still like the Char line better) and I still have Red and am playing a game on it right now.

Concerning the other versions... I got my cousin's old Blue version some years ago and I'm actually getting Yellow today. I had Yellow ages ago, but it vanished.

manoflego
29th May 2008, 4:45 AM
mine would have to be yellow or red

yellow because you can get all the starters and pikachu follows you

red because you can get arcanine and he rocks

Ceecee-typhlosion
11th June 2008, 9:54 AM
red version, in that you can catch unlimited pikachus

i have heard about yellow and you can get all three starters, but i guess you can trade all of them into red version

i don't know for sure though, i havent played 1st gen in ages

Jirachi_Star
14th June 2008, 2:32 PM
Yellow because you have a Pikachu and encounter Team Rocket. It was most like the show. Thats why Its my favorite.

Pseudo-Unlegendary
14th June 2008, 9:35 PM
Blue just because it is the one that people think of the least while it is actually the best in terms of catchable pokemon.

The Composer
15th June 2008, 3:41 AM
RED!!! It was my first pokemon game EVER! Bulbasaur is still my favorite starter pokemon, he's just so sentimentally important to me (lol...cheesy).

Dokichan
15th June 2008, 5:39 AM
Yellow, because you can get all the starters and the Pokemon's graphics look better.

ForteAnly
24th June 2008, 4:27 AM
Red for me. Yellows was annoying because you had to have Pikachu as a pokemon.

Golden_Latias
24th June 2008, 4:34 AM
Blue.

I never really played Red, and I never got far in Yellow. Plus, Blue was my very first game.

Larry
24th June 2008, 10:40 PM
Blue was my first pokemon game...

noobers
1st July 2008, 6:45 AM
Yellow, because Pikachu followed you around. :/

poke'master
2nd July 2008, 2:41 AM
I loved blue because it was my first.. and you got butterfree on it and at the time that was a big deal for me lol... Althought Yellow was great because watching the show alot, it was great to have the chu follow me around and to beat team rocket jessy and james instead of always grunts and get all 3 starters (without spending ages on trading). Ill stick with blue but Yellow in a very very very clue second ^^

note: my red didn't save :(

Sapphire Phoenix
2nd July 2008, 6:37 PM
I'd say Red because of Charizard. I didn't really like Pikachu or Blastiose as much as Charizard, and still I like it better than the other two.

Sapphire Phoenix
2nd July 2008, 6:48 PM
Red because of Charizard. I didn't like Pikachu or Blastoise as much as Charizard back then, and even now I like Charizard better.

Blurrz
2nd July 2008, 9:22 PM
Blue was great. Yellow was way too brutal.. like starting off with an Electric type versus Brock is pretty hard, specially seeing as I was young and didnt know the games mechanics at all.

Charizard The Great
4th July 2008, 6:58 PM
Liked all of the originals (didn't have Green) - Red, Blue and Yellow. Red was preferred by me over Blue as Liverpool (my footy club) wear the colour, and it had Charizard on the front of the box.

But then I'd probably say I just preferred Yellow over Red due to the fact you could get all the original starting Pokemon (and I liked all of them), plus Pikachu. Not to mention the real Team Rocket were in it as well as other anime-related features, including Lt. Surge only having one Pokemon - a power-packed Raichu! Other stuff of course.

HazzaY2J
6th July 2008, 1:23 PM
Blue! It was my first Pokemon game ever!:D

Darkvolt
6th July 2008, 3:19 PM
My favorite is Pokémon Yellow. The graphics were a bit better than Red and Blue (color wise, and redraws of the Pokémon and such), and you can get all of the starters in one game. I thought that was such a good idea, this way you don't have to trade to get the other two. Plus Pikachu is pretty cool. =)

EnteiFirecracker
8th July 2008, 11:15 AM
Yellow was my favourite. You got all three starters AND Pikachu! I felt just like Ash!

DonDemio
12th July 2008, 5:17 AM
Mine was Yellow because you could get all of the starter pokemon which made your team balenced

Irith_Locke
14th July 2008, 2:44 AM
BLUE! It's the only one I had, plus the fact that Blue is infinitely better than Red based on exclusives, and cheaper Porygon.
Yellow is overrated, IMO. What's so great about having a Pikachu follow you around? And having to start with frickin' PIKACHU?

Yeah. Blue FTW.

GrassForStarter
1st August 2008, 3:27 PM
Mine was and is R/B. Their "feel" is better.

I recently got a used Yellow version with manual and box and all in mint condition, but IMO the sprites are out of place compared to all other graphic elements in the game. The details and thickness of the sprites' lines are too thin as compared to the R/B/G versions.

SHUCKLE MAN
6th August 2008, 12:50 PM
Well, this thread was bumped from a few years ago, but okay...

My favorite was Yellow. I loved the sprites (although their outlines were a bit thin), I loved the fact that each city had a different colour scheme, I loved getting all three starters and I loved the increased difficulty.

tigas
6th August 2008, 1:05 PM
yellow is good because is cool because pikachu is with you but you only can chose pikachu. Yellow have the best graphics because in the other games it is all blue or red

pokemaniac10
7th August 2008, 1:49 AM
I like Yellow the best. yellow had all three starters in it. and the graphics look more pleasant IMO.

Noheart
13th August 2008, 5:35 PM
Pokemon Yellow. I think the sprites in that game were better than the ones in G/S/C. I also liked how they introduced Jessie and James. :D

amodestSNORLAX
15th August 2008, 5:52 AM
Yellow was my favorite even though picachu isnt the best pokemon out their.

The Power of Pika
15th August 2008, 11:55 AM
Yellow due to my favourite Pikachu.=)

King Lawliet
15th August 2008, 5:21 PM
Blue as it was my first.....ah good times

ironknight42
15th August 2008, 6:27 PM
Yellow...all three starters just made it so much fun.

ironknight42
15th August 2008, 6:34 PM
Yellow...all three starters just made it so much fun.

chinchourulz
15th August 2008, 8:56 PM
i lieked Yellow!

mew801
15th August 2008, 9:53 PM
yellow because you could get all the starters. i think you should be able o do that with oher games too, that was so kool.

EmeraldLeafBlade
16th August 2008, 12:41 AM
Yellow had an adorable Pikachu follow you around, color, better sprites, Jessie and James...

So yeah. Yellow for the win.

;025;Emerald;025;Leaf;025;Blade

Aptenodytes
16th August 2008, 1:51 AM
Since I only played Red Version, I guess I have to choose Red Version by default. However, that's perfectly fine by me since the version exclusives of Red Version are some of my favorite Pokemon. I'd take my Vileplume, Scyther, Electabuzz, and Arcanine over the other version exclusives with no hesitation ^^

On the other hand, I've always wanted to play Yellow version because you would be able to capture all three starters in the game without training, but I still think that their sprites were the worst in all the first generation games (including Green Version).

(s.i.e)
16th August 2008, 11:16 AM
i had blue, i choose it mainly for it's color to be honest:p

Short Wing
5th September 2008, 10:05 PM
Yellow, had Pikachu that followed you and Jesse and James from the anime and just better graphics, so yellow was my favorite.

PocketmonMaster
7th September 2008, 2:43 AM
Pokemon Yellow was the best of the three. It is the most challenging of all three, due to Pikachu being the starter and increased Gym Leader strength (apart from Brock and Misty). While Red and Blue were the forerunners of Yellow and subsequent following generations, Yellow exceeded where R/B failed. It had 'good' sprites, was multi-coloured and was subjected to an increased skill level. Yellow also increased the need for trading with R/B, as both other games were needed to gain the entire Pokedex. In all, whilst Red and Blue were great games, Yellow took the entire generation up to a new skill and presentation level.

Protoman EXE
10th September 2008, 7:12 PM
Yellow is my fav.

AspireZ
11th September 2008, 12:17 PM
Yellow for me, as I can get all 3 starters and pikachu

Dragodynamite
11th September 2008, 12:18 PM
blue wins here.

Edit: WHOO! Rank up =P

Pokemaster SAN
13th September 2008, 4:52 AM
I always liked Red, personally. Yellow was pretty awesome too, though. (:

Spoinky
13th September 2008, 6:56 AM
Blue was the only one which I played soooooooo Blue :D

TrainerxDiana
17th September 2008, 9:19 PM
Blue was mine mostly because it was the first I got.

theschmizz
8th October 2008, 2:50 AM
yellow all the way. cuz battling sabrinas lv 50 abra was freakin awesome

Sunraichu
9th October 2008, 12:45 AM
Blue was my first one, but I liked Yellow because you could get all the starters o:

The Dean of Suds
19th October 2008, 8:46 PM
Red, because it was the only game I completed the pokedex and beat the elite four in.

Dusk Vampire Kamui
20th October 2008, 12:49 AM
Yellow was my most favorite of all. Its super awesome fun.

DelilahZombie
20th October 2008, 1:14 AM
the pokemon were more cute in yellow.

Igottapoo
20th October 2008, 5:47 AM
I guess Red. Im not saying Yellow because you cant evolve Pikachu and will probably wind up being weak compared to the rest of your team

TobiasBR
20th October 2008, 7:00 AM
Blue, the reasons are it was my first pokemon game ever and on Yellow we have to get a pikachu as a starter. I don't have the Red version.

ChloboShoka
24th October 2008, 5:59 PM
I've always been fond of Yellow because at the time Pokemon was super popular, I really loved Pikachu, and I thought the game was absolutley amazing. I remember the time where I could never stop playing on the game when I was younger. I loved the extra effects and color into the game as well.

leon25270
12th November 2008, 1:52 PM
My favorite game was Blue Version! I prefered the color palette to Blue Version than Red Version. I also liked it better than Yellow because I get Squirtle "as a starter" and not as a Pokemon that I just so happened to obtain.

leon25270
12th November 2008, 1:54 PM
My favorite game was Blue Version! I prefered the color palette to Blue Version than Red Version. I also liked it better than Yellow because I get Squirtle "as a starter" and not as a Pokemon that I just so happened to obtain. Besides, I was able to complete my Pokedex there.

redpanda
12th November 2008, 2:14 PM
I liked yellow because that was my first pokemon game. Also, you could get the 3 starters without trading!

Dragon Chimchar
12th November 2008, 3:57 PM
my favourite was definitly red
because in yellow you cant evolve Pikachu

Kalosian
12th November 2008, 7:18 PM
It was Blue. The first Pokemon game I got and one of my favorite colors at that time. And Blastoise was my favorite starter.

King Lawliet
13th November 2008, 7:58 PM
Because I was the only one with common sense and knew about the version exclusive pokémon, I decided to get blue just to be different, as all my friends got red, so......yeah.

Starlight Aurate
13th November 2008, 11:38 PM
Red is the only 1st generation game I have, and it's really awesome. So yeah, Red for me.

PiplupStar
14th November 2008, 12:26 AM
My favorite would have to be Yellow version. Honestly, Red and Blue were pretty much the same (with the exception of the Pokemon found in the games). Now, Yellow isn't that much different, but it is unique at certain points in the game (Jessie and James showing up, Pikachu as your starter, eventually catching all original starters without having to trade, etc.). I think Yellow is my favorite just because it is like a change that makes it different from the other games, but not such a big one that ruins the whole game itself.

Sgt.Pepper
14th November 2008, 12:36 AM
I'll have to say yellow version, although my best file is on Blue, Yellow is my favorite.

Evilyn
15th November 2008, 5:16 AM
Blue. First pokemon game I ever played.

EnteiFirecracker
15th November 2008, 10:40 AM
Red was the first I played so I usually regard it as my favourite.

Jameseh
15th November 2008, 11:55 AM
Yellow is thte only one of those I've played, so Yellow.

Raikou_fan
17th November 2008, 11:29 PM
It's a tie between blue and yellow. I love having pikachu follow me around, but more pokemon I like are available in blue.

EDIT: Rank up! WOOOOHOOO!!!! Lol

kirapwns
18th November 2008, 6:58 AM
I've only played Red and Blue, and a bit of Yellow

But Blue was my favorite.

Pkmn Breeder Jack
18th November 2008, 8:06 PM
Blue, probably. I liked em all pretty much the same, but Blue was the only one I had. Memories and such.

Kurosaki_klan
19th November 2008, 5:36 AM
I'm not sure probably Yellow, just because it was based off the anime.;243;

mudkip master
28th November 2008, 8:09 AM
blue pwns yellow yellow pwns red :)

Amazing Red
28th November 2008, 8:25 PM
Mine was Green. The laungage looked cool to me.

"Freak" owns
30th November 2008, 8:25 AM
blue was the coolest it was the first one i got

The Tail
2nd December 2008, 10:02 AM
Yellow because it has better sprites and they challenged it by giving you a pikachu as a starter and you probably would have to use him to try & beat Brock (which is challenging).

Steelers_Fan
4th December 2008, 3:11 AM
Blue definetly, it was my first game on the gameboy color. plus you could get past brock XD

Kipcha
4th December 2008, 3:44 AM
Yellow, because of both the new awesome sprites and the fact that Pikachu followed you around. It was adorable :)

misingnoglic
5th December 2008, 6:38 AM
Blue was my favorite out of the first three. First pokemon game I ever got. I didnt really like yellow due to the fact I could never get past Brock. >_<

just train a caterpie to lv 10 and use confusion, or do what i did and level up ur pikachu to level 26 where it learns slam, then beat the crap outta that onyx

Jessie&James
5th December 2008, 6:45 AM
Yellow, because Pikachu follows behind you and you can get all 3 starter Pokemon.

Short Wing
10th December 2008, 8:08 PM
Yellow hands down. Followed the anime slightly, pika followed you, and you got all three starters.

Charey
1st January 2009, 1:09 PM
Yellow Was My Favorite Out Of The Three ;025;

Orphee
9th January 2009, 7:22 AM
Yellow... three startes in one game and the first interact pokemon

Grass
19th January 2009, 5:13 AM
RED!! ITS PRO I still play it all the time
its in my SP right now

FastTonyDeNiro
19th January 2009, 6:31 AM
Well Red is the only one I've actually played through.

I have Yellow somewhere but I never beat it and then I lost it. But it was pretty cool, getting Pikachu and all 3 starters. Red is my favorite though.

~ Yukishii
19th January 2009, 11:34 AM
Yellow. The whole Pikachu thing always made me smile.. Then of course getting all three starters was amazing as well.

Icefiyre
19th January 2009, 6:55 PM
My fav was Yellow! I really had good times with Pikachu haha

Red831
25th January 2009, 1:45 AM
Red because it was the first on I got

Jaguar297
25th January 2009, 1:47 AM
I liked yellow for obvious reasons: 1. Pikachu follows you 2. You get all 3 starters. I liked that because only one starter bugged me.

Averyy
25th January 2009, 2:18 AM
Yellow fo sho.

I like Pokemon (...)
25th January 2009, 10:26 PM
Blue. My first 1st gen game.

spacialrend_palkia
27th January 2009, 9:23 AM
Yellow. Almost everyone loves yellow. I loved it since I can have more Pokemon in my dex without using any game link. The 3 starters on your team with pikachu was awesome.

aaron-now
21st February 2009, 9:01 AM
Yellow cause of all the starters (duh). They should do that with another 3rd game remake.

_ZK
21st February 2009, 12:45 PM
definitely yellow because you can get all starters

SilverMorty
21st February 2009, 1:11 PM
Obviously yellow, the colors at the time help livened the game up

Also the better sprites

I never actually finsihed the game though lol

Hammerheart
21st February 2009, 1:24 PM
I think Yellow, though I did loose it, and spent more time on blue.

the sprites wer ebetter, more colourfull, all three starters, i found it a bit more exciting than blue.

phantombailey
21st February 2009, 4:17 PM
Yellow. Not only was it my first Pok&#233;mon game, but you could get all the starters as well.

diablo_200525
24th February 2009, 5:45 PM
Even though i played with yellow for only an hour , i'll stilll vote it as my favorite out of them all

SuicuneManiac
24th February 2009, 5:56 PM
blue.It was my first pokemon game ever.I got it when I was seven.

Typhlosion Trainer
25th February 2009, 5:20 AM
Mine was Yellow. The fact you started with Pikachu and could get all 3 starters made it real fun to play.

teekesselchen
25th February 2009, 1:46 PM
cant really decide between red and yellow :X
red was my first, thus biggest emotional value xD
but yellow was aswell, i couldnt stop checking pika's mood 3

Miss_Pocket_Monster
25th February 2009, 7:34 PM
Blue has a special place in my heart since it was my first Pokemon game. Also the only one I ever completed the 'dex on. ;007;

Gladeshadow
25th February 2009, 7:44 PM
My favourite is yellow it's the first ever game i played and i like how pikachu followed you around and you could check if it was happy or not. I thought that was really cute ^_^

(s.i.e)
3rd March 2009, 12:05 PM
i tried out yellow for some time now and i must say that this game is nice too,
i vote that one now.

Jugvelf133
4th March 2009, 12:21 AM
My favorite was Pokemon Yellow. Mostly because that was the first ever Pokemon game I played. Oh the memories. My Gameboy Color with Jigglypuff, Togepi, and Pikachu around the screen. It was all very exciting.

I liked the fact that it had a connection with the show. I.e. Team Rocket, the starters, how Pikachu followed you, etc. For me, it simulated the Pokemon experience pretty well for a hand held game. I also loved the sprites for it. Especially Pikachu's.

pichu96
4th March 2009, 2:58 AM
Yellow, because you could get all three starters, and it was a lot like the TV show!

DarkDrakir
4th March 2009, 8:17 AM
since the first game ive ever recieved was pokemon red i root for red, but since my friend forgot where he put it after he borrowed it i got his pokemon yellow... (GODAMN *******! THAT WAS MY FIRST GAME!!)

Mr.Palkia_7389
4th March 2009, 11:11 AM
Yeah I think yellow. I played it when I was really young and cant really remember it but I remember Pikachu following you around all the time. And how when you went to the Pokemon centre he would jump up onto the counter.

TheDarkMaster
4th March 2009, 2:21 PM
Blue pls. : D Yellow was all right but as posted before, getting past Brock was HARD! >_>

Takis
7th March 2009, 7:30 AM
Yellow because you can get all the starters.

Deicario
7th March 2009, 7:33 AM
Yellow, because i don't remember the other two as clearly.

Atari
10th March 2009, 9:32 PM
Yellow. I only owned one of these, and it was awesome when it came out because the game play was so remixed from the other two.

On the other hand, I've owned five copies of Blue version. I think I've worn the game out a bit too much.

d_dan_n
11th March 2009, 7:59 PM
I liked yellow because of pikachu following you and the ability to get all starters. I also liked blue

Vycksta
15th March 2009, 3:09 PM
Blue. It was the first game I got and by the time Yellow come out I had done so much already on the game I personally would have felt bad putting Blue down after everything I done to play the newer game.

Slight colour bias too.

popsicle
15th March 2009, 3:58 PM
Yellow = Red

I could never decide I loved Red cause of the old game feeling when playing it. And Yellow with Pikachu tagging along right behind you.

ShinyAchamo
17th March 2009, 3:56 AM
I actually like all three of them equally. I would have gone with Yellow as my favorite, but I've always had the oddest luck with my Yellow. Even after I met the requirements, the person would never give me my Bulbasaur in Yellow. I restarted that game so many times, trying to get it. Just recently restarted again, hoping it will work this time.

Visual
17th March 2009, 4:25 AM
Yellow.
A Pikachu following you around + Bulbasaur + Charmander + Squirtle = Awesome!

Blk Charizard
22nd March 2009, 4:46 AM
Blue, played it so much that I've worn the picture off my Blue version.

Tadashi
22nd March 2009, 7:56 AM
Seeing as I never played Blue, and as how I have not gotten past Erika's Gym in Yellow, I'd have to say Red. It was my first game ever and by far the best ^_^

Avrig
23rd March 2009, 11:54 AM
My favourite was and still is Blue, mainly because it was the first game I got. I also actually liked Red&Blue artwork and many sprites more than Yellow ones, which weren't so creative ones.

Archgemini24
23rd March 2009, 4:00 PM
Red was the first one I owned, but Yellow allowed you to get all the Starters and the same legendaries as the other two. Also, the Elite 4 was a bit tougher in Yellow because they actually had better movesets and a slightly better AI (which arguably made a tough E4 challenge even harder. Many feel as if Kanto's E4 were the toughest, and that was before the FRLG upgrade).

Nod goes to Yellow, although I really wanted to say Red.

DemonFart
23rd March 2009, 7:32 PM
I like red the most,idk y. it just feels so.......nice.

iAmDewgong
23rd March 2009, 7:36 PM
Yellow - all starters equals pwn. You couldn't evolve Pikachu though ._.

Rad3n
9th April 2009, 1:44 PM
I liked blue the most, though I always knew that Yellow was the best. Yellow was actually a lot better, but Blue was my first game so...

shadowkami
15th April 2009, 1:30 PM
I loved yellow the best. Apart from getting all three starters, you had pikachu follow you around(Granted that you didn't evolve it into raichu), and on top of that the sprites didn't actually look like crap.

Deicario
15th April 2009, 1:33 PM
I liked Yellow too because of the extra story plots which gave it a bit more depth. If my memory serves me right though, i couldn't/it wouldn't allow me to evolve the Pikachu anyway. I had to put it in the box to get rid of him.

Dudette101
15th April 2009, 9:50 PM
I LOVED yellow! :3 I thought it was adorable when Pikachu would follow you around. xD One of the main reasons I liked it, though, was because you could get Bulbasaur, too. x3

Nikkoru_91
17th April 2009, 5:34 PM
yellow was awesome. ^^ Loved the selection of wild pokemon, the story, and the fact Pika followe you around. Always wished i could play it with vulpix instead xD

SuicuneKun
17th April 2009, 5:46 PM
Blue
it's my first game and love the game :P

pika pika pikachu
24th April 2009, 5:58 PM
Yellow because it was acurate with the anime and i love how pikachu folows you...

skittyisthebest
24th April 2009, 7:44 PM
My favorite of the 1st generation games is Pokemon Yellow. I like how you can get all 3 starters in the same game without trading from other games.

Zenotwapal
1st May 2009, 7:44 PM
RED. Red had the ownage level of approx.: 4,8042.08.
Beat that, Blue!

(cause charizard on the cover rocks)

aaron-now
27th May 2009, 6:33 AM
I was poster #169 and said Yellow cause of the starters. I now change cause I was playing Red and it glitched like HELL. I didn't even do anything crazy like missingno. or a noted glitch, but I did get all my pokemon turned into oldman types and all the sprites shat themselves. I laughed so hard, it was like my first glitch. That is why Red is now my favourite. I'd like to see Platinum turn my hard trained pokemon into oldmen. HA.

Nana
28th May 2009, 5:28 AM
I went to Japan to visit family last year around March and picked up Pokemon Green for really cheap. It's the only one I've played from this generation (and I never beat it), but I'll say it's my favourite. :D

Chaos Emperor
10th June 2009, 10:00 AM
Red version. It was the first of the 3 versions I got, Charizrad is one of my favorite pokemon, and Red is my favorite color. Plus Red, IMO, got most of the better version exclusive pokemon (Scyther, Electabuzz, Arcanine, Primape, Etc.).

Handsome
10th June 2009, 10:02 AM
Yellow version.

Why? Because you get a Pikachu following behind you.

Lucariofan-atic
10th June 2009, 11:54 AM
I love the yellow version!
i like when Pikachu follows you.. X3

tom-tom
10th June 2009, 8:36 PM
id say blue because thats what i had but if i had yellow it would probably be yellow

charigod
10th June 2009, 11:10 PM
blue because i love missingno and pikachu was annoying in yellow

OranRi
13th June 2009, 10:18 PM
I liked Red because that was my first game.

Yellow Aura
19th June 2009, 4:56 AM
Red, cause it's the only one I played. But Yellow's the best out of them because, well, it was the newest one, and therefor, the most improved.

TwilightGuy
19th June 2009, 6:43 PM
Blue it was the frist Pokemon Game I got and I still have it with me.

Spiffee
21st June 2009, 10:51 PM
Red.

It was the very first Pokemon game I ever owned.
As soon as I played Red, I was hooked.

Narutopokedude
24th June 2009, 2:40 AM
I would say yellow but you couldn't do the missingno glitch. Actually, I still say yellow.

Dragon Houou
24th June 2009, 2:46 AM
Red, even though blue was my first one. Also because electabuzz was one of my favorites at the time.

glowing_light010
29th June 2009, 4:25 AM
i liked pokemon yellow the best.
you could get all 3 starters & pikachu followed you.
i loved the following feature.

*heart flutters at the thought of HG & SS*

kiba505050
30th June 2009, 12:41 AM
blue was my favorite because it was my first

Alloute
30th June 2009, 12:42 AM
Red, it was and is my only 1st Generation game.

Eivana
30th June 2009, 3:12 AM
Yellow. But I HATED fighting Brock at the beginning with Pikachu and a bunch of normal Pokemon, lol! That part seriously sucked.

abraxas
30th June 2009, 8:03 PM
Yellow, as it was the first one I had, plus you could get all the starters, which I really liked.

Zhanton
7th July 2009, 1:24 PM
I only got Blue, so it would be my favourite by default.

Birnax
7th July 2009, 2:30 PM
yellow because it was my first pokemon game.

Calm PokeMaster
11th July 2009, 1:24 PM
Yellow.I could do like the anime and get all the starters(which I did).I evolved them though.

shaq-attack
13th July 2009, 12:15 AM
I never owned Yellow, but if I did it would probably my favorite.
Mainly because it mirrored the anime so much.

Umbreon Ruler
13th July 2009, 12:36 AM
Yellow probably should be my favorite because of the differences, which I liked. But since Blue was my first game, I feel inclined to pick it.

Vipsoccermaster
15th July 2009, 8:54 AM
Yellow, because it had a wide variety of events and you could have all 3 starter Pokemon.

Rainbowdashtheawesome
16th July 2009, 12:25 AM
Yellow because you could get all three starters in one file through regular gameplay; something that has not been repeted since.

leilukin
17th July 2009, 9:11 AM
Either Red or Yellow.
Red because it was the first ever Pokemon game I had ever got.
Yellow because you can get all the Kanto starters without trading.

.:Shadow:.
19th July 2009, 9:08 PM
Red,as it's the first pokemon game I ever played.

Melloyu
19th July 2009, 9:40 PM
Yellow, because a pikachu walked behind you :D

CyberBlaziken
25th July 2009, 12:49 PM
Yellow bcoz of pokemon following u feature.

Sprintking
26th July 2009, 11:06 PM
Yellow numerous reasons:
1. The first video game I ever owned
2. Pikachu
3. Kanto starters
4. Anime Tie-ins

Easily my fav 1st gen, and makes a hard run at gold for best in any gen

brandyjay
27th July 2009, 12:01 AM
Blue wins for me.
I didn't own Red and shhot me for saying it but I hated the yellow version. I rarely use starters in my team. I hate pikachu and blue is my favorite colour made into a game.
So basically the features tht most people love had the opposite effect on me.

RPG Maker
27th July 2009, 9:45 AM
Red, because its my favorite color and first GB game I had.

mech king1
27th July 2009, 10:14 AM
mine was yellow as i had a pikachu that i could check its feelings

tatsujingosuto
30th July 2009, 5:55 PM
I got both Red and Blue for Christmas on the same day so its a tie between those two

;354;TG

GoodPokemonTrainer121
6th August 2009, 8:28 PM
Yellow was my favorite brought so much memories

Absol trainer
7th August 2009, 9:19 AM
Yellow, the only one I played.

-Vulpix-
22nd August 2009, 5:41 PM
Pokemon Yellow: Because pikachu followed you around and you can get all the starters. And had other stuff in it

Although Blue had Vulpix and pokemon red was my first game. Yellow is still my favorite.

Shide
22nd August 2009, 5:44 PM
I liked yellow because of the pikachu on the roof glitch lol

Mimori Kiryu
27th August 2009, 8:45 PM
Yellow.

Pikachu was and still is my favorite Pokemon to this day because of that game. ^^;

Neekerisanni123
27th August 2009, 8:46 PM
Red,as it was the first pokemon game I ever played ^^ my starter was Charmander.

Mewten150
2nd September 2009, 11:34 AM
Yellow, bcos it's basiclly red and blue+ more, and your starter is pikachu, plus you can get the other 3 starters, and it's more like the anime

squlicky4
19th September 2009, 7:03 PM
mine was yellow because you got a pikachu following you ^_^