PDA

View Full Version : Cardcaptor Sakura Fans UNITE!!

hikari_blaze
4th October 2005, 2:33 AM
Does anyone like Cardcaptor Sakura? I'm a big fan, but hardly anyone likes it anymore...

From

Hikari;257;

hikari_blaze
6th October 2005, 11:44 PM
O______________O

NO ONE LIKES IT ANYMORE?!?!?!?! ;___________;

Blaze (blaziken): -_________- Quit overeacting. It's not the end of the world.

Me: It's not the end of the world when sugar is gone forever.

Blaze: SUGAR'S GONE?!?! NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

lisasux
9th October 2005, 2:48 PM
I like it.So did my sister.I bought 2 dvds.

skwid
10th October 2005, 10:34 PM
I love the CCS manga. It's like the anime but with all the stuff they censored out for the dub (teachers going out with students and the Touya and Yukito thing). It's much more cute and alive than the anime and the ending was all warm and fuzzy. The second CCS movie was also an alright end to the series.

ShoOCha0tic
11th October 2005, 6:47 AM
i just started reading the manga XD so far its preatty interesting......like how maddison (i forgot her jap name) is IN LOVE WITH SAKURA!!
its preaty different from the anime....

The Admiral
11th October 2005, 2:12 PM
i just started reading the manga XD so far its preatty interesting......like how maddison (i forgot her jap name) is IN LOVE WITH SAKURA!!
its preaty different from the anime....
If she's a girl with long hair who's always obsessing over filming Sakura (based on the anime (*download junkie ^^;*)), I think that's Tomoyo. So.

I like Cardcaptor Sakura,, but I've never read the manga. I've yet to see it available anywhere. Which kinda sucks because, you know, CCS, well... Is amazing, for ABSOLUTE lack of better words. Hey, it's early o_o; But still, CCS is definitely one of my favorites. It's a shame so few people show interest in it these days. >>;;

-Regaaru

Tifa
11th October 2005, 2:15 PM
Its not that no one likes it, Its just this isnt the place to discuss it, The manga is great, I chose to d/l it

hikari_blaze
15th October 2005, 12:18 AM
I like the manga better 'cuz the artwork's so beautiful... +_____+

Tifa
15th October 2005, 12:23 AM
Never read the manga ;_;
Has anyone noticed 'Cardcaptors' is airing in the UK again

tactlessdarckcloud
15th October 2005, 1:00 AM
yuuu!so finally somebody do this topic!!OK,I´m a big SCC fan,and I´ve read the manga...is far better than the anime,and the last episodede was so cute...who want scans??

hikari_blaze
15th October 2005, 4:35 AM
YAY!! A FAN!!! ^_______^ The final manga was so KAWAII!!!!!!!!

Glassgod
19th October 2005, 4:01 AM
I've read up to Vol.4.Can't find any more though.

SugarFairy
19th October 2005, 12:32 PM
I wish I could read the manga ;-; but when ever i'm going to buy it they dont have it! But i've seen the anime and i love ccs!

Saffire Persian
19th October 2005, 11:49 PM
I just downloaded the CCS Manga.. 'tis very good.. except for one thing that kinda spun me right 'round... 0_o There was no Mei'lin.... I never thought that she was actually never a character in the manga, because she fit in SO well.. and I liked her.

Other than that, I liked it.

hikari_blaze
20th October 2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah, why did CLAMP leave out Meilin in the manga while they put her in the anime? ?___?

Sky Titan
20th October 2005, 9:48 PM
Like SugarFairy, when ever I go to buy the manga, it is not there. I also watched the english adaption back in 2001 and then in Sep. 2005, I got back into the swing of it and downloaded all seventy Japanese episodes with subs.

I have also read the first Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow just skipping past the first six graphic novels knowing what has happened. It is pretty cool but I hate Me'lin so I am not to dissapointed they left her out...she wants Syaoran when he is clearly destined to be with Sakura *obvious Sakura/Syaoran shipper*

Glad to finally see some other people who like Cardcaptor Sakura,
Ocean Blue

Proffesor Pikachu
20th October 2005, 11:11 PM
I am also a big fan of CCS.My dear big sister has manga 1 and 2 from Kodansha.

hikari_blaze
21st October 2005, 1:53 AM
Like SugarFairy, when ever I go to buy the manga, it is not there. I also watched the english adaption back in 2001 and then in Sep. 2005, I got back into the swing of it and downloaded all seventy Japanese episodes with subs.

I have also read the first Cardcaptor Sakura: Master of the Clow just skipping past the first six graphic novels knowing what has happened. It is pretty cool but I hate Me'lin so I am not to dissapointed they left her out...she wants Syaoran when he is clearly destined to be with Sakura *obvious Sakura/Syaoran shipper*

Glad to finally see some other people who like Cardcaptor Sakura,
Ocean Blue

Yes, I agree. Sakura and Syaoran are destined to be together, but Sakura was too dense to notice how Syaoran felt no matter how obivious he was. >>;

Marina
21st October 2005, 2:50 PM
I love CCS
MY fave character it Yue.<3

tactlessdarckcloud
21st October 2005, 5:11 PM
you haven´t read all the manga??ha-ha!I´ve got all volumes!!

JoJo@210
22nd October 2005, 12:05 AM
I wish I could read the manga ;-; but when ever i'm going to buy it they dont have it! But i've seen the anime and i love ccs!
Yeah same thing here.

Kasumi Christie
22nd October 2005, 12:12 AM
Wouldn't this have maybe been better in the 'Alternate Anime' forum rather than here? Anyways, yeah i'm a huge fan of CCS!! ^__^ I have the full original version collection on DVD, just about all the Mangas and a whole bunch of other CCS related stuff. I'm not really a fan of SyaoranxSakura though, more TomoyoxSakura-that's why i have them tattooed on my arm! XD Seriously, that wasn't a joke, i really do have that tattoo.

hikari_blaze
22nd October 2005, 2:23 AM
I only need Vol 3-4. And I'll have all the manga!! ^_______^

Chelc
22nd October 2005, 7:05 PM
I love CCS~! *squee*

Although I've only read Volumes 1 and 2 of the Manga. I'm more familiar with the anime series. My favourite characters are Tomoyo, Sakura, Yue, and Syaoran. The art is beautiful in the manga and I might get some more for Christmas along with Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. ^^

hikari_blaze
22nd October 2005, 7:21 PM
Yep! ^^ Mom wouldn't allow me to get Tsubasa til' I'm 13. >> And besides... TSUBASA ONLY AIRS IN JAPAN!! >.<

I'd prefer the manga, but the anime is also good! Maybe one day I'll see the 2nd movie...

Chelc
22nd October 2005, 10:05 PM
Yep! ^^ Mom wouldn't allow me to get Tsubasa til' I'm 13. >> And besides... TSUBASA ONLY AIRS IN JAPAN!! >.<

I'd prefer the manga, but the anime is also good! Maybe one day I'll see the 2nd movie...

Aw, that sucks. I'm close to being obsessed with Tsubasa. XD Yep, it only airs in Japan, but right now I'm reading the manga and I'm ok with that. ^^ Although I've seen the first 4 episodes (downloaded) and I love it! I can't wait til it comes out in the US!

The second movie is very cute. You'd probably like it! :) Esepcially if you like Sakura x Syaoran fluff. =D

Are there a lot of differences between the manga and the anime? Was the anime first? I don't know as much about CCS like I use to...XD;

Angelic Elf Ivy
22nd October 2005, 10:29 PM
I love that show! Do they still show it in the US or are my suspitions correct that they took it off the air forever? I havn't read any of the manga though but I have heard a tiny bit about it, which was what I read here. (*is sad) I was obsessed with Li (don't know his Japanise name) when I used to watch the anime.

Chelc
22nd October 2005, 10:34 PM
I love that show! Do they still show it in the US or are my suspitions correct that they took it off the air forever? I havn't read any of the manga though but I have heard a tiny bit about it, which was what I read here. (*is sad) I was obsessed with Li (don't know his Japanise name) when I used to watch the anime.

Yes, it's off air...dammnit. x_x

The manga is great! ^^

Syaoran? Yep, I'm obsessed with him...heh. He's teh hottness. =3

hikari_blaze
22nd October 2005, 11:04 PM
It kinda creeps me out about Syaoran liking Yukito-san, even though he was only drawn to his moon powers. O_____o

I read about the 2nd movie. The tables are turned, and Sakura has to do al the confessin' this time. ^______~

Angelic Elf Ivy
22nd October 2005, 11:53 PM
(*sweatdrops) I havn't seen any of the movies. Should probably ask my mom to buy me the manga, cuz well Christmas is coming up and all so there! I've seen a clip of the second movie. It was when. . . . -_- I just forgot what happened in that lil clip. Oh well.

hikari_blaze
23rd October 2005, 2:18 AM

I hate it whenever they don't have the CCS manga I want. :(

His Japanese name is Syaoran Li. ;)

I've been to a lot of sites, and they always seem say to say that Syaoran is the cutest boy on CCS. Then again, I couldn't blame them. =P

....... Maybe they left out Meilin in the manga so the manga series won't be so long. ?_______?

tactlessdarckcloud
24th October 2005, 11:36 PM
....... Maybe they left out Meilin in the manga so the manga series won't be so long. ?_______?
I see many pleople ask about this....the true is that they add Meilin in the anime for making aother shipping but the true is that she was a needless character

hikari_blaze
24th October 2005, 11:39 PM
I never exactly like Meilin anyway, the way she's always clinging to Syaoran >.<

The Sleeping Beauty Play was hilarious! XD

Chelc
25th October 2005, 10:55 PM
Meilin bothered me...especially her hair and her clingy-ness. Can't stand clingy people. x_x;

I thought she was in the manga...? Maybe I'm wrong, but, I thought she and Syaoran were getting married or something...? All I know is that Syaoran didn't want to... XDDDD;;;

Can someone explain this? O_o

Kasumi Christie
26th October 2005, 12:10 AM
Meilin bothered me...especially her hair and her clingy-ness. Can't stand clingy people. x_x;

I thought she was in the manga...? Maybe I'm wrong, but, I thought she and Syaoran were getting married or something...? All I know is that Syaoran didn't want to... XDDDD;;;

Can someone explain this? O_o
I'm not entirely sure if she was in the Manga at all, i'd have to get my novels out and check. Though she definitely wasn't in the "Master of the Clow" series. Syaoran and Meilin were due to get married, they were also cousins. Hence why Meilin was so 'clingy' but i'd be clingy if i loved someone that much..

It kinda creeps me out about Syaoran liking Yukito-san, even though he was only drawn to his moon powers. O_____o
Please don't take this the wrong way but what's so creepy about that? I'm assuming since you know of Syaoran's 'crush' on Yukito, that you've seen the original version. Therefore you must know of the other same gender relationships (Kaho/Sakura, Tomoyo/Sakura, Yukito/Toya..) -emphasis on TomoyoxSakura which is even more blatantly stipulated in the Manga. >>;

As far as the second movie goes, i have it, it's really good-a lot better than the first..especially for anyone who's into SakuraxSyaoran!

Chelc
26th October 2005, 12:52 AM
Ooh, thank you Kasumi Christie! That helped out a lot! I guess my friend lied or something. -_-;

Please don't take this the wrong way but what's so creepy about that? I'm assuming since you know of Syaoran's 'crush' on Yukito, that you've seen the original version. Therefore you must know of the other same gender relationships (Kaho/Sakura, Tomoyo/Sakura, Yukito/Toya..) -emphasis on TomoyoxSakura which is even more blatantly stipulated in the Manga. >>;

I agree with you. It's not creepy at all. *waves shipping banner*

I love Sakura/Tomoyo, Sakura/Syaoran, Eriol/Tomoyo, Yue/Eriol, and Yukito/Toya. :3

Kasumi Christie
26th October 2005, 1:39 AM
Ooh, thank you Kasumi Christie! That helped out a lot! I guess my friend lied or something. -_-;

I agree with you. It's not creepy at all. *waves shipping banner*

I love Sakura/Tomoyo, Sakura/Syaoran, Eriol/Tomoyo, Yue/Eriol, and Yukito/Toya. :3
Tee Hee, you're welcome Hoshiko!

Yay, Hoshiko agrees with me! =D Lol, yeah TomoyoxSakura is too cute in my opinion, hence this which i mentioned earlier (i got it done for my B-day back in September): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/HikaruA/Blkwhite002p.jpg

Yes it's real, but it's not quite as big as it looks. That's how crazy i am! xD

Chelc
26th October 2005, 2:14 AM
Tee Hee, you're welcome Hoshiko!

Yay, Hoshiko agrees with me! =D Lol, yeah TomoyoxSakura is too cute in my opinion, hence this which i mentioned earlier (i got it done for my B-day back in September): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/HikaruA/Blkwhite002p.jpg

Yes it's real, but it's not quite as big as it looks. That's how crazy i am! xD

Lol, yep! =D That tatoo is adorable! Crazy can be a great thing. xD

Ok, I have no idea what else to say. xP But I am going to finally have CCS manga come Christmas time! I'm always borrowing or reading at stores. ^^;;

Kasumi Christie
27th October 2005, 1:30 AM
Lol, yep! =D That tatoo is adorable! Crazy can be a great thing. xD

Ok, I have no idea what else to say. xP But I am going to finally have CCS manga come Christmas time! I'm always borrowing or reading at stores. ^^;;

Thanks! ^^ Lol..

Ooh sounds awesome! What volumes/series of the CCS Manga are you planning on getting!? I think that the "Master of the Clow" Series is the best in comparison to the other one-it's unflipped and the art is slightly more 'crisp' and cleaner. -But anyways, yeah i hope to be getting some more CCS Manga come christmas too, i only have the completed 'Master of the Clow' series and a few from the other one, plus two German version CCS manga novels! ^^;

skwid
27th October 2005, 10:53 PM
I love CCS! I've got all 12 manga volumes. The dubbed anime was so bland, stupid censorship. I've seen the second movie on dodgy fansub, the only Japanese language version CCS I've seen, and Tomoyo's voice is scary in the film!

Yeah, Meilin's not in the manga, which is good. I didn't like her. I also didn't like how there were suddenly 49 (?) cards in the anime - there were far less than that in the manga. CLAMP's stuff always gets ruined when it gets changed to anime from what I've seen. I don't particually like the Tsubasa anime... it takes itself too seriously. Music's good, though. I'm completely obsessed with Tsubasa (*has volume 7 ordered from Amazon*). I have hopes for Fai/Kurogane after seeing Touya/Yukito.

Chelc
29th October 2005, 5:56 PM
Thanks! ^^ Lol..

Ooh sounds awesome! What volumes/series of the CCS Manga are you planning on getting!? I think that the "Master of the Clow" Series is the best in comparison to the other one-it's unflipped and the art is slightly more 'crisp' and cleaner. -But anyways, yeah i hope to be getting some more CCS Manga come christmas too, i only have the completed 'Master of the Clow' series and a few from the other one, plus two German version CCS manga novels! ^^;

No problem ^^

I think it'd be better if I started out with the regular "Cardcaptor Sakura" first...as much as I want to read Master of the Clow." I'm trying really hard to collect all kinds of CLAMP things. ^^;; I'm going to try and get a bunch of manga from my Grandpa for Christmas, since he always buys me something big, so instead I'm going to get tons of manga~! XD I'll see/take what I can get. ^^

I love CCS! I've got all 12 manga volumes. The dubbed anime was so bland, stupid censorship. I've seen the second movie on dodgy fansub, the only Japanese language version CCS I've seen, and Tomoyo's voice is scary in the film!

Yeah, Meilin's not in the manga, which is good. I didn't like her. I also didn't like how there were suddenly 49 (?) cards in the anime - there were far less than that in the manga. CLAMP's stuff always gets ruined when it gets changed to anime from what I've seen. I don't particually like the Tsubasa anime... it takes itself too seriously. Music's good, though. I'm completely obsessed with Tsubasa (*has volume 7 ordered from Amazon*). I have hopes for Fai/Kurogane after seeing Touya/Yukito.

That's so cool, lucky you! ^__^ Yeah, the anime I don't have much interest in since I haven't seen in a long time, but I do own both movies. Tomoyo's dub voice in the 2nd movie is scary. O_o I like her dub voice better in the first movie. IMO they didn't spend a whole lot of time dubbing the second one...>_<

Yay. I don't like her either. XD I love Tsubasa, too! I'll be getting it for Christmas~! =D I've seen 1-4 of the anime...I really like it. ^^

hikari_blaze
30th October 2005, 1:43 AM
I know a lot of people hate Meilin for her clingyness... but if you see the episode where Syaoran tells Meilin he loves Sakura (*waves flag* Go Syaoran!) It can change your opinion.

I support Sakura/Syaoran, and to tell you the truth... Sakura/Tomoyo. ^^;;

Contest Fan
18th June 2006, 1:28 PM
I also support Tomoyo/sakura but even though I think Sakura is destined to be with Syaoran I just want Tomoyo to be happy because she is so kind to everyone.

Cutiebunny
19th June 2006, 9:20 AM
(Doesn't quite understand why this thread was bumped)

Anyways...

If you like Cardcaptor Sakura so much, pick up "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles". Most of the same characters are back, just as adults now....so, it's a different take on these characters.

Meilin takes some time to grow on you, especially if you watched the US dub. The Japanese version is a lot...better. I, personally, love Rubymoon and Spinel Sun. The Sakura Chapter was my favorite arc of the Cardcaptor Sakura saga.

Contest Fan
19th June 2006, 9:22 PM
Ruby moon and her human form are my other faves!
I will Try Tsubasa, I prefer to watch the japanese (better voice actors)

Goth_Guy
19th June 2006, 11:25 PM
I am more into the Darker anime, but I like this one as one of my exceptions.

Natsume_fan
20th June 2006, 6:20 PM
Does anyone like Cardcaptor Sakura? I'm a big fan, but hardly anyone likes it anymore...

From

Hikari;257;

ah CCS good stuff
i have all the episodes and movies, and working on getting all the manga. I love that show and hated how Kids WB butchered it and deleted episodes, etc.

OkashiraShinomori
20th June 2006, 6:28 PM
Though I can only claim to have read the first half of the manga, and seen only the second movie, I can safely say I am indeed a fan of the series. I'm also reading, albeit slowly, Tsubasa, for the CCS characters among other things. I guess I'm just a big fan of CLAMP in general, really.

Contest Fan
20th June 2006, 6:58 PM
Do you read the manga in order

OkashiraShinomori
20th June 2006, 7:03 PM
I usually do, yeah. I hate reading something and not understanding why this or that is happening, or who this character is.

haruka~
20th June 2006, 7:25 PM
I love that show and hated how Kids WB butchered it and deleted episodes, etc.
Kids WB didn't dub CCS. >_>

I like Cardcaptor Sakura. I didn't get to watch all the episodes though, I stopped somewhere around the lock card, I think. I like the manga too, even though Meilin wasn't in it and I liked her. I hated the last manga though, too much Sakura x Li (I don't really like that shipping ^^;; ), and my favourite character (Naoko) wasn't in it. =(
The costumes Tomoyo makes Sakura wear are so cute! n__n And they change all the time so it doesn't get too boring.

Nathan Madien
20th June 2006, 8:28 PM
Kids WB didn't dub CCS. >_>

I like Cardcaptor Sakura. I didn't get to watch all the episodes though, I stopped somewhere around the lock card, I think. I like the manga too, even though Meilin wasn't in it and I liked her. I hated the last manga though, too much Sakura x Li (I don't really like that shipping ^^;; ), and my favourite character (Naoko) wasn't in it. =(
The costumes Tomoyo makes Sakura wear are so cute! n__n And they change all the time so it doesn't get too boring.

Nelvana dubbed CCS, because at the time (believe it or not, it was only six years ago this month that their dub debut on Kids WB) Nelvana didn't think anyone would be interested in a show where a girl was the main hero.

Though I can only claim to have read the first half of the manga, and seen only the second movie, I can safely say I am indeed a fan of the series. I'm also reading, albeit slowly, Tsubasa, for the CCS characters among other things. I guess I'm just a big fan of CLAMP in general, really.

Hmm, I'm not very interested in Tsubasa but CCS...let me put it this way: I have all 12 manga volumes, all 3 manga art books, a Kero doll, all 20 CCS DVDs, I've done several CCS fanfics, I have my own collection of the 52 Clow Cards, I have 4 of the Japanese CDs, and even have CCS chess pieces. If that doesn't qualify me as a serious fan, I don't know what does.

I also support Tomoyo/sakura but even though I think Sakura is destined to be with Syaoran I just want Tomoyo to be happy because she is so kind to everyone.

I actually thought it was a shame that Sakura ended up with Tomoyo. I mean, Tomoyo was so supportive of Sakura and so selfless, why shouldn't she be truly happy.

Contest Fan
20th June 2006, 9:36 PM
YOU REALLY ARE A SERIOUS FAN *WOW*
I have all 12 of the manga as well and I have watched most of the eps on youtube.
lol Cardcaptor chess pieces

Nathan Madien
21st June 2006, 3:28 AM
That's so cool, lucky you! ^__^ Yeah, the anime I don't have much interest in since I haven't seen in a long time, but I do own both movies. Tomoyo's dub voice in the 2nd movie is scary. O_o I like her dub voice better in the first movie. IMO they didn't spend a whole lot of time dubbing the second one...>_<

What's funny about the second movie dub is that several of the Voice Actors who did the dub also worked on Digimon. Therefore, it isn't an accident that Takeshi now sounds like Tai and Syaoran sounds like Izzy. They are done by the same Voice Actors.

As for Tomoyo's English voice, she sounds very polite, just like Tomoyo's Japanese voice.

Contest Fan
22nd June 2006, 4:59 PM
I love Tomoyos japanese voice

Tiffany
1st July 2006, 6:40 AM
I love CCS. ^^ It's probably one of my favorite manga/anime series. I love CLAMP's work. I've read about less than a half of the mangas. Tsubasa is pretty awesome also and I love how alot of the characters from most of CLAMP's works are incorporated into one manga. Pretty cool if ya ask me.

Hmm, I'm not very interested in Tsubasa but CCS...let me put it this way: I have all 12 manga volumes, all 3 manga art books, a Kero doll, all 20 CCS DVDs, I've done several CCS fanfics, I have my own collection of the 52 Clow Cards, I have 4 of the Japanese CDs, and even have CCS chess pieces. If that doesn't qualify me as a serious fan, I don't know what does.

Lucky-arse. I always wanted a Kero plushie. ;_;

Cutiebunny
3rd July 2006, 4:03 AM
Nah, see, I really don't care for Tsubasa. Just seems a tad too campy for me. The only decent character in it is Yuko-san, the Space/Time Witch, but then, I'm a huge XXXholic fan.

BTW, you can get Kero plushies on Ebay. They're pretty cheap on Yahoo Japan too.

That's where I got my jumbo ;munchlax; ...very cute.

Golde
3rd July 2006, 5:04 AM
I`m also a fan. I`m also a boy.

skarmachild
3rd July 2006, 1:25 PM
What is with you people and the "^_^"'s and ">_>;;"'s and "^^" every bloody 5 seconds?

On topic: Got all volumes, got all DVD's + both movies. Fun.