PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to come back?

Rex Kamex
6th October 2005, 3:21 AM
The closest thing to this thread is the Recurring Character thread.

Anyway, who are the characters that you'd like to see appear on at least one more episode again? They can be any characters that haven't gotten together with Ash in more than one episode. Here's a list of characters that I'd like to see Ash and co. meet up with again:

Joe
Giselle
Tomo/Tommy and his family
The Magikarp Salesman
Casey
Sakura
Saundra and her mom Savanna
Kelly

(The bold ones are people who haven't met Ash again ever since their first debut.)

Phantom_Bugsy
6th October 2005, 3:25 AM
TODD.

Do I get a cookie for being Captain Obvious now?

I don't care if had six episodes, dammit. More Todd. <3

Hyper Chibi Absol
6th October 2005, 3:28 AM
Steven
Winona
Lance
Drake

'nuff said... The boys are hot and Winona is cool. :)

Heracross
6th October 2005, 3:28 AM
Basically anyone from Kanto since, oh I dunno... the battle fronteir friggin takes place there. --;

And Hazuki. :P

Jo-Jo
6th October 2005, 3:36 AM
Robert, plz! OK, he's pretty much a given to pop up again some time, but I might as well mention him anyway. Because he's awesome. <3

Giselle reappearing would be great, too, especially if she's still a snooty b*tch. I wonder how she and May would get along? And Ash going gaga over her again would be a sight worth seeing.

taitofan
6th October 2005, 4:08 AM
Robert dammit! How can he win so much with only like, five minutes of total screen time? >.< At least there's a good chance he'll be back... Hopefully with Harley! </yaoi-fangirlism>

Actually, any coordinator would be welcomed... Toshiki, Kimimaro, Tsukiko, and Kanata especially. <3 I'd like Imite to show up again, even though she's been in two non-consecutive episodes... And the Orange Island gym leaders. Atsumi especially. <3

...Can pokemon count? Jupetta-chan and Ariados-chan please~! Hear that Harley? You gotta use at least one of them in the next contest you pop up in... >.<

Feity
6th October 2005, 4:17 AM
The kid with the thunderbolting Persian.
And Todd, not because I think he is hot, but because I always thought he was awsomely cool. He needs a comeback.

Jesse GS the II
6th October 2005, 4:33 AM
Much in the same vein as Heracross, I'd like to see a few return appearances from some of the great Kanto one-shots. I mean, the show's back in the region now, shouldn't at least one familiar face turn up? Akira and his Sand on their journey, Masaki shut up in his lighthouse, Yuki and the other breeders of Scissor Street, Fuuko and Dorio at that ranch outside the Safari Land...the possibilities are endless. Plus, you'd think they'd at least go back to a few big cities that they rushed through and explore them more thoroughly (Tamamushi City, I'm looking in your general direction...).

Medea
6th October 2005, 7:08 AM
TRACEY

...Captain Obvious has spoken!

But also:

Lorelei/Prima
Sylvester (A Farfetch'd Tale)
Falkner
Timmy (Disaster in Disguise)

...There's probably more...

Lovely May
6th October 2005, 8:03 AM
Hehehe...

Giselle (she is my fav)
AJ
Kenta & Marina
Domino
Kelly

PDL
6th October 2005, 5:18 PM
I want Professor Westwood to return... that man was a riot...

maybe also Old Man Shuckle from "A Better Pill to Swallow" or maybe even Dr. Quackenpoker...

any elderly character really...

MaskedManAbsolkid
6th October 2005, 5:26 PM
Sakura. Liked her, and was glad she returned in Chronicles.

ChaosMage
6th October 2005, 6:02 PM
I'd like to see Mikey again. We might find out if he has an Espeon or an Umbreon!

~Ψ_Madame_Leota_Ψ~
6th October 2005, 7:04 PM
I want Professor Westwood to return... that man was a riot...

I agree, I think that good ol' Westwood's got some more great comedy left for us.

NidorinoBlue
6th October 2005, 8:06 PM
More Magikarp Salesman! That guy is a riot. Never get bored of that sketch. And the Battling Eevee Brothers I wouldn't mind seeing again (Perhaps with Sakura in the same episode for an added twist.)

Blaziken master
6th October 2005, 8:28 PM
I want Sullivan the fishing master to come back

Devilrose
7th October 2005, 12:06 AM
I wouldn't mind Kelly getting another episode or two >.>

Or maybe Giselle...cause it'd be nice to see some characters from the old Kanto series that we DON'T see over and over and over and over again...

*goes to sit in her corner with a little whisp of steam above her head*

Yamato-san
7th October 2005, 12:43 AM
I'm also gonna hop on the Kantou one-shot bandwagon, considering they're back there now, and some of Satoshi's earliest rivalries seem the most worthy of mention. Namely Akira and Seiyo, and all the gym leaders that seemed interesting but never really got much characterization, like Kyou (especially Kyou) and Machisu. I thought Lily was an interesting character, especially as far as Jouto one-shots go, and really wouldn't mind Satoshi-tachi running into her again. Oh yeah, and let me say that if Aya ends up returning a third time, yet there's still no hide nor hair of Anzu, I'm gonna be royally p***ed.

It would be nice if they made some of Satoshi's past league opponents end up being more major players as well, especially Kaede (whom was a very interesting character, being such a competant rival and all, yet we never got to know her outside of battle). Instead, what do they do? They go and make some poor imitation of Satoshi, Hiroshi, a recurring character. Meanwhile, his main opponents from later leagues, Hadzuki (whom really could use some more characterization, cause at the moment, he just looks like some excuse to show off the at-the-time upcoming third generation), Tetsuya, Masamune, as well as all the lesser league opponents (the afforementioned Kaede, and even Jun'ichi despite his earlier role in the Crystal special, and I'm sure I speak for Alfonso when I say "Juggler Korm"), will probably never be heard from again. Even Shigeru's been supposedly ditched entirely (though, I was surprised that he managed to return for a Housou). Speaking of Jun'ichi and the Crystal special, it's a real shame that there's no sign that Kenta-tachi will show up again anytime soon. But what's most disappointing is that Bashou, Buson, and Shiranui-hakase will probably never return, since as far as Rocket Dan members went, they definitely seemed the best, and how often does this series have a villian that seems like an actual threat? Outside of movies, anyway.

Tropical Spirit
7th October 2005, 1:00 AM
KELLY!

plz.

Seriously, I need the minamoshipping love. D: Other than that, she was an awesome character alone.
I also want Giselle. :x For some reason.
And Todd.
And Robert.
And Sakura.
And Tracey if he counts. :x
And pretty much every hot minor character ever appeared. :D

Gravy
7th October 2005, 1:27 AM
Temacu. And thats not even down to bias. She was a really interesting character, with one of the better designs in the show. If you ask me, it seems a shame that she's destined to remain buried in a pile of forgotten random characters. They really could have taken her relationship with Brock further, and would have had an amusing recurring character on their hands. Blah.
Chigusa too~ I want to see how her battling style has developed, and how she's handled the pressure of being in charge of her grandfather's Dojo.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the Magma and Aqua team members appearing in the future. Granted, we would no longer be able to see them as formidable villians due to the disbanding of each group, but it would be interesting to see what happened to some of the more important members, such as the 2 field commanders, and of course the leaders. How have they adapted to life now that their main goals have been eradicated, and what are their plans for the future?

Also, I agree with having some of the the strangely eccentric elderly characters making a return at some point, and that includes the likes of the Magikarp Salesman, Sulivan, Cleavon Speilbunk (oy, what a name..), Gligarman, Old Man Shuckle and Earl, the pokémon school principal. As well as the younger ones such as Grace (c'mon, she was hillarious), Seymour the scientist, Lily (the Pokémon witch from 'Hocus Pokémon') or the monsterous teacher from the kids day ep....and I guess to a certain extent, Mizuho.

I also want to see Masato's clone again :P He got screwed over with that rather boring Surskit episode.

All the others I'd like to make a comeback have already been mentioned by now~

Rex Kamex
7th October 2005, 2:32 AM
Chigusa! Yeah, I forgot about her! If she was to come back, maybe she could enter in a few contests, since her original battling style would do well in that.

CyberCubed
7th October 2005, 2:57 AM
Definitely the more interesting characters:

Kelly (Please make her into another one of May's ongoing rivals)
Sakura (great character)
Gary (would like to see him bump into Ash in Kanto)
Mewtwo (a lot of untapped potential storytelling here)
Squirtle! (bring back Ash's Squirtle and the Squirtle Squad)

Lovely May
7th October 2005, 7:52 AM
Temacu. And thats not even down to bias. She was a really interesting character, with one of the better designs in the show. If you ask me, it seems a shame that she's destined to remain buried in a pile of forgotten random characters. They really could have taken her relationship with Brock further, and would have had an amusing recurring character on their hands. Blah.

Probably now she is already married and has cute babies :p

Yamato-san
7th October 2005, 9:05 AM
Probably now she is already married and has cute babies :p

I doubt it. With the way time seems to pass in the anime, she's probably still engaged.

Lily (the Pokémon witch from 'Hocus Pokémon')

even though the anime says she's a sorceror, I'd personally consider her an alchemist more than anything. But in any case, I'm glad to see I'm not alone when it comes to wanting to see her again.

Considering they're likely to show Kasumi again, I wish that in future episodes, they showed more of Kasumi's two other sisters. Ever since the sisters' second appearance way back in Kantou, it's just been Sakura, Sakura, Sakura, which is a real shame because I find Ayame (the blue-haired one) to be pretty cute (it's worth noting that in their debut episode, it looked like Ayame was the sister who got the most speaking parts, leaving me to wonder why she's not the one hogging the spotlight in later episodes).

Ari Rockefeller
7th October 2005, 10:09 AM
TRACEY
Yes. Nice to see I'm not the only one who wants to see him return.

Hell, even if it's just for a handful of episodes, have him travel with Ash, Brock, Misty and May. It could be fun.

Caseydia
7th October 2005, 7:14 PM
Not this thread again. Anyway, I have to say I wouldn't want them to stay permently but just for one episode. I wouldn't want to see the same old faces anyway. Maybe except for a gymleader, Elite trainer or Champion.

Phantom_Bugsy
7th October 2005, 9:45 PM
Not this moron again.

So you want Ash to keep making people empty promises? Wow, how special :D

I want my Todd back. Rightnow.

PkmnTrainerJ
7th October 2005, 11:37 PM
Joe from Pokémon Tech. (Only because he shares my name)
Also, AJ should be in an advanced episode.

Lil Brother
8th October 2005, 12:17 AM
[B]Sylvester (A Farfetch'd Tale)NONONONONONONONO!

NO!

*cough* A bit of character hate over here...

Phantom_Bugsy
8th October 2005, 1:17 AM

YES.

I don't care if you have character hate, zip it. Cause I know I don't want the likes of Casey or Sakura to come back, but I'm not ranting and leaving big text saying how much I hate them. :3

Besides, I LIKE Sylvester. So...zippit :x

.......I want Tracey and Todd back. I don't care if I said it already, we need both of 'em in the group.

Lime dragonalk7
8th October 2005, 3:24 AM
Casey
Duplica
Masey
Melody
Todd
Ritchie
Butch
Cassidy
Sakura

articuno_trumps_all
10th October 2005, 2:11 AM
Have I posted in this thread yet. It should go without saying, but I want Richie to come back :).

PokeTrainer7783
10th October 2005, 6:01 AM
All the Gym Leaders from the very first season. I wonder whatever happened to them and how their doing today?

suavesky
13th October 2005, 3:07 AM
they should bring back misty and add mewtwo since he can use psychic powers to talk and could make the story intresting

Rex Kamex
13th October 2005, 3:42 AM
All the Gym Leaders from the very first season. I wonder whatever happened to them and how their doing today?

It would be nice to see what had become of Blaine and his volcano gym...

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'd like to see the Safari Zone warden and Porygon return, but that's asking too much. I'd also like to see Nastina and Brutella again.

Mizu Kasumi
14th October 2005, 11:27 PM
Definetly Misty. Sakura, Casey, Richie and Gary would be cool too. And any other characters I like. ^^

Evil Azurill
14th October 2005, 11:45 PM
Shiranui-hakase will probably never return

T_T Never say such a thing! That hope is all that keeps me going!! *dramatic sob*

I want him to come back, along with all of the other one-shot Rockets that we've seen. I'm in the mood for another good multi-episode arc with Sebastian as the main villian. Or maybe even Nanba.

...I wish Ash-tachi would go back to Johto where all the GOOD Rockets seem to hang out. -_- I want them to come back, I want them ALL BACK!! T_T

Dark Venusaur
15th October 2005, 10:26 PM
I will like to see him meet up with the gym leaders of Kanto when he comes back

Aptenodytes
17th October 2005, 6:50 AM
i definently want Richie to return. they could have an awesome battle and Richie could have some really cool pokemon like a Salamence or something. Of course, i want Ash to lose in the battle =]

articuno_trumps_all
18th October 2005, 12:38 AM
i definently want Richie to return. they could have an awesome battle and Richie could have some really cool pokemon like a Salamence or something. Of course, i want Ash to lose in the battle =]
OMG YES! Richie would totally own him in a rematch.

Rex Kamex
18th October 2005, 10:48 PM
Though I wonder how Richie would do against Ash's Charizard now that it actually obeys him...

articuno_trumps_all
19th October 2005, 12:12 AM
Though I wonder how Richie would do against Ash's Charizard now that it actually obeys him...
But of course, Richie would be much stronger.

PokeProphet
19th October 2005, 12:19 AM
Well, I'd like to see quite a lot of them back. Let's see; Misty, for one. And Tracey. I'd die, no better yet, I'd kill to see the group for the next season be Ash, Misty, May and Tracey. Richie, Gary and Todd could pop up now and then. And, last but not least, Prima. Just looking at her makes me a very happy fanboy.

Caseydia
19th October 2005, 8:22 PM
I don't want to see anyone come back. Except from Lance, Steven or Casey. I don't want to see those old faces anymore. I want to see some new better characters. Especially boys, hehe.

Geki
19th October 2005, 10:08 PM
I'd like to see how Richie is doing, as well as Nicolai.

Sharpshooter
20th October 2005, 1:05 AM
Well first thing's first I'd quite like to Gary back, as he is really my favourite character (although he's never had a great overall contribution to the show, his presence, daftness and the way he owns people is what I've always liked about him).

Being a pok&#233;shipper, I'd more than welcome a return from Misty at any stage, although I'm not sure if that's due anytime soon. Other characters like Tracey (who gets shafted a lot) would be cool too.

The only problem is you bring any of these characters back and the AG writers will probably reck them for good like the way they did with Brock and Ash, so perhaps it's best to leave them the way they are for the meantime until somebody slaps some sense into the current set of writers.

Flying Tropius
20th October 2005, 3:21 AM
I realy would like to see magicsales man back conning everyone

Encyclopika
21st October 2005, 12:00 AM
Any gym leader really. ^^
I'd also like to see Kelly return as well as Grace. I loved those two!
Also...Gary, Todd, and the Magikarp Salesman. They were awsome.

CyberCubed
21st October 2005, 12:01 AM
The Magikarp salesman returns all the time, it's not like we haven't seen him in a long time.

Silver Ryu
21st October 2005, 2:26 AM
I'd like to see Steven again. He did so much in the games, and all we ever see of him is that he's looking for some dumb rocks in a cave. -_-

Flying Tropius
21st October 2005, 2:45 AM
on second thought I'd like to see Harrison cutting in

Roses Ablaze
21st October 2005, 6:44 AM
I'd like to see Misty make as many apperances as possible (if she doesn't return to the show), Lance in an episode that doesn't involve a lot of battles/action/isn't centered around a crisis (I wanna see some character development for him), other members of the Kanto Elite Four, and...I dunno XD.

Orion-Sama
22nd October 2005, 4:05 AM
Whitney... :D

Now seriously. I'd like to see AJ, Otoshi and... um... I guess that's it. I just found those two to be excellent canon fodder for the Pokémon League, but were shafted in favor of some nobodies and the usual "League Rival" (Mandy and Janet were OK, though, since they were at least a main focus of their chapters. The other ones just lose and that's it...). AJ and Otoshi would've made for a WAY better climax and more intense battles. Especially AJ...

The Samurai would be cool too. When was the last time someone used a Pinsir?

I just hope they DO see a few known faces in this new stroll through Kanto. If not... well, as expected *Loses even more faith in the show*.

mayukhers112
22nd October 2005, 5:03 AM
Lorelei/Prima should definetely come back, just hopefully not with such corny dub lines, such as, "The ice is nice!" Goodness...

Mudkip3
22nd October 2005, 3:37 PM
Whatever happened to Kurt? I don't remember Ash getting the GS Ball back. Or did I just miss a crucial episode? Anyway, I'd like him back, plus I'd like to see some more of Tracey. He just got thrown into a corner when the Orange Islands were finished.

Chelc
22nd October 2005, 6:59 PM
I'd like to see Gary, Richie, Sakura, and Tracey again. Misty for at least a few episodes. OK, and Todd should get some kind of recognition in some kind of three-part episode thing. =P

EDIT: Kelly and Robert, too. Oh, and Grace. I love the coordinators. XD

Rex Kamex
24th October 2005, 12:15 AM
Whatever happened to Kurt? I don't remember Ash getting the GS Ball back. Or did I just miss a crucial episode? Anyway, I'd like him back, plus I'd like to see some more of Tracey. He just got thrown into a corner when the Orange Islands were finished.

Well, he said that he'd keep studying the GS Ball and that he'd let Ash and co. know when he found something interesting, which brings up two possibilities:

1. He's still studying the GS Ball, or,
2. He finished, but became too lazy to let Ash and co. know.

Or you could go with the third option, which was that the writers forgot about him.

Jason Park
27th October 2005, 11:47 PM
- Can't remember the name, but the guy with Sandshrew, who won 100 battles in a row
- Blaine (I would love to see a rematch with his Magmar)
- Richie (his Pikachu vs. Ash's Pikachu)

Phantom_Bugsy
28th October 2005, 2:57 AM
That would be AJ.

Jesus f*cking f*ck, Todd needs to show up again or I will EAT the writers alive with a side of mint sauce. I don't think he wanted to stay up in the mountains permanently, he said he wanted to get a few more shots. Plus, he'd totally DIE up there in shorts and a t-shirt! And he doesn't bring anything else but his camera, so he doesn't have another set of clothes...

Unless of course he's dead already. >____> Or frozen somewhere at the peak of the mountain and Articuno hasn't found him! ; ; Or fell down a cliff or broke his leg or got frostbite or...or....; ;

......>__> Todd needs to appear again so I'll know he's not dead. *nod*

Flying Tropius
28th October 2005, 3:02 AM
who knows he might be in Anime heaven(writer's trash can) already.

Phantom_Bugsy
28th October 2005, 3:11 AM
Because of course that just makes me feel oh-so-much better.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/ubernewhax/Datsu2.png

Yes, I am actually WORRIED about Todd. The boy needs some winter clothes. Hell, he needs like...gloves and a scarf and earmuffs and all that stuff... and if he WAS in danger he's not that observant so he wouldn't know it... and he almost died once already... and...and...and...;^;

....goddammit.

Flying Tropius
28th October 2005, 3:28 AM
He should carry round some PKMN

Robert0427
28th October 2005, 6:07 AM
If anything i would love to see Misty return as a permanent cast member but make a surprise re entry to the show just like Brock did in the episode
You Can Never Taillow

The Phantom Thief
31st October 2005, 12:38 AM
I'd like to see Misty, The Magikarp Salesman, Richie, Gary, Richie, Team Aqua, Team Magma and Butch & Cassidy return.

Rex Kamex
15th November 2005, 2:30 AM
Yeah, Butch and Cassidy should've set up the base instead of Jessie and James, but then again, their boss only wanted them to do that so he could learn about the other two teams.

TwilightFacade
17th November 2005, 6:57 AM
Ok Lets See...
Misty
Tracey
Giovanni
Lance
Casey
Sakura
Harrison
Mewtwo
THE Squirtle
THE Jigglypuff
THE Spoink
THE Delibird
Thatcher
Kelly
Grace
Any old character really

Yamato-san
17th November 2005, 1:34 PM
oh.... I just thought of another character that should return: Gantetsu, if only so the mystery behind that friggin GS Ball can finally be put to rest.

sephiroth follower
20th November 2005, 3:07 AM
well I'm going to get in trouble for turning this topic upsidedown but I want misty back for a while longer (or for them to show the US her special episodes .we deserve to see them too)I guaranty some misty hater going to show up then I'll be the source of a flame war (what I really want is like in manga a gym leader brawl for a special episode AND LET THE US SEE IT TOO)

Phantom_Bugsy
20th November 2005, 6:25 PM
well I'm going to get in trouble for turning this topic upsidedown but I want misty back for a while longer (or for them to show the US her special episodes .we deserve to see them too)I guaranty some misty hater going to show up then I'll be the source of a flame war (what I really want is like in manga a gym leader brawl for a special episode AND LET THE US SEE IT TOO)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b12/ubernewhax/MinaKudou2.png

.....no.

The point of this thread is not for you to complain and whine about Misty leaving. It's for the other characters that we saw like...once or twice. Misty gets enough threads.

So granted you're partially right. I'm a Misty hater, but I'm sick of the threads where the minor characters get to shine being TAKEN OVER by that redheaded excuse for a character. She gets enough threads of her own, go complain there.

....and now that I've used that picture, I want Eusine and Kudou back. XD Maybe to explain how they know each other...:0

Hiraitos Zero aka OCZ
21st November 2005, 12:06 AM

Try this.
http://home.comcast.net/~greatferret/stop-posting.gif

and guess who I want to come back?

HIMEKA. NAO PLZ.. o_o

King Ghidora
22nd November 2005, 2:17 AM
Uh, lesse here:

Furrura(:3)
Matsuba
Yuriko
Masamune
Tetsuya
Wattson(:D)
Tsuitjui(sp?)
Kanatta
Erika

Pr'olly gonna Add More

Kei
24th November 2005, 12:33 AM
Todd!
Sakura!
Tracey!
Giselle!
pfft, nuff' said. ^_^;

Angeling
25th November 2005, 8:39 PM
Well, as I never watched any Hoenn episodes yet.. and reading/seeing that Shigeru/Gary doesn't appear there.. I would say for him to return. ;(

And Sakura with that Espeon.. to kick Misty's a--.. it's only because she has Espeon.. cough..

Rex Kamex
29th November 2005, 12:21 AM
Well, as I never watched any Hoenn episodes yet.. and reading/seeing that Shigeru/Gary doesn't appear there.. I would say for him to return. ;(

Well, he does appear in a Hoso episode, but then again, that is just one episode, so it would be nice for him to return.

I forgot if I said this or not, but I'd like to see Brutella and Nastina come back. I'd also like to see the dude from the Porygon episode, but that's definately not gonna happen...

darkgamerGS
2nd December 2005, 4:16 AM
Because of course that just makes me feel oh-so-much better.

Yes, I am actually WORRIED about Todd. The boy needs some winter clothes. Hell, he needs like...gloves and a scarf and earmuffs and all that stuff... and if he WAS in danger he's not that observant so he wouldn't know it... and he almost died once already... and...and...and...;^;

....goddammit.
Notice how characters often not notice cold or hot temperatures... sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Anybody notice the freezing cold in that episode? *Hasn't seen it XP* He might be fine, or reappear in the Battle Frontier taking pictures of stuff, or at some guy's house taking pictures of his... stuff... or... or... let's just say he's alive... cause no minor character would take Articuno pics and not live.

GOD DAMMIT, BRING BACK ASUNA NOW BEFORE I GO ON A 52 STATE KILLING SPREE! >=O Hmm... maybe sending letters asking to bring her back could work... preferrably in Azami's episodes... if they refuse... there will be trouble.

Rex Kamex
28th December 2005, 3:39 PM
Oh yeah, did I mention Papa and Mama from the Kangaskhan episode? Also, the fishing master guy with the Whiscash. It would be funny to see him still try to capture that thing, but that wouldn't be the main focus of the episode where he'd return.

Locke-Kefka
29th December 2005, 2:43 AM
i want Harrison to come back! at least 2 other ppl think he should come back
my speach for the writers 2 do that: "gimmie Harrison so i can leave lip marks on the tv screen!"