PDA

View Full Version : Shaman King

PokéJungle
10th October 2005, 3:13 AM
PLEASE tell me someone else here likes the Shaman King manga <<;

Because I do ;D

So...what's your favorite volume/character/spirit/etc?

I'm in love with Tao Jun <33 She's kawaii~

Satoshi
10th October 2005, 3:15 AM
I like the Shaman King manga. My favorite volume was vol. 1. Yoh looked bada** when he kicked Ryu's arse.

PokéJungle
10th October 2005, 3:21 AM
X3;;

My favorite so far is volume 2 ~ Tao Jun kicks butt with Lee Bailong =3

Satoshi
10th October 2005, 3:24 AM
X3;;

My favorite so far is volume 2 ~ Tao Jun kicks butt with Lee Bailong =3
Yeah, I remember that volume. It was creepy how she put her blood on the spell tag. >_>;;;

PokéJungle
10th October 2005, 3:36 AM
I read SK because it's creepy, and not afraid to use dead people =D

It makes it more interesting ^^;

Tokagero
14th October 2005, 10:40 PM
I LOVE Shaman King! ^ ^ (That's where I got my name from, obviously.) My favorite Spirit, of course, is Tokagero and my favorite characters are: Faust VIII, Ren, and Chrysler (he was in the filler episode "Oracle Bell Down" and that was the only one he was in, but I still think he's awesome!). I like Amidamaru and Lyserg, also.

peewi
16th October 2005, 9:26 AM
Just got the first volume yesterday and it totally rocks. Amidamaru is cool

Son Goku
16th October 2005, 5:23 PM
e only read the first one but i think its brilliant. I love Tao Ren. he's small but he kicks butt

Sailor Universe
28th October 2005, 7:27 PM
Shaman King is my favourite manga EVER. 'Nuff said.
My favourite character? Well, look on my sig :D My favourite spirit is Kororo, by some reason.
I think that volume 6 rocks. So many pictures of my beloved Ryu-san... Is that really a reason? >_>

Zarbon_Spitwell
28th October 2005, 9:01 PM
I read a few chapters back when it was on Toriyama World. But i was busy with Naruto at the time. I might have to check it out again now.

skwid
28th October 2005, 10:35 PM
It's a really good manga. And it's one where you compare it to the dubbed anime and pass out at the amout of censorship... like what Faust did to Manta O.o

Cyndaquil's No.1 Fan
29th October 2005, 10:29 AM
I like Yoh from Shaman King. The way he changes towards the end of the manga is really intriguing. The new move he learns that can rid all shamans' furyouku is really amazing too.

-Koumori-
29th October 2005, 6:00 PM
I'd have to say that Volume seven's my favorite. That poor Panda ;_; Anyways, I didn't mind the anime, but the manga explains much more. My favorite characters are Hao (Zeke), Tao Ren, HoroHoro, Yoh, and the list goes on. For spirits, I'd say Amidamaru is a must, as well as the Spirit of Fire.

JazzJazz
21st January 2006, 5:37 AM
I like the fact that Yoh is so damn carefree, he actually reminds me of Goku from the Dragonball realm. It was priceless when he was chilling out with his ice-cream before his big fight with Tao Ren...

Darkstorm16
21st January 2006, 1:13 PM
I enjoy reading the manga

undisputed_seraphim
21st January 2006, 5:25 PM
Lyserg is my fav. He's damn cool... and kawaii. Yoh's a bit lax, IMO. Zeke's just your day-to-day insane psychopath bent on destroying non-shaman humankind.

JazzJazz
21st January 2006, 9:52 PM
Just a question, what volume of the graphic novels are they up to in Japan? I think volume 9 is the next one that will see a Western release, but I'm curious about the situation in the East.

MarcmenX
24th January 2006, 2:40 AM
I like it. I'd say my favorite chapter is when Ryu and Monta met Ponchi and Conchi... I thought it was a VERY funny chapter...

FYI, I personally think the Manga is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than the anime

JazzJazz
24th January 2006, 7:32 PM
I like it. I'd say my favorite chapter is when Ryu and Monta met Ponchi and Conchi... I thought it was a VERY funny chapter...

Those two things are just plain annoying...

MarcmenX
25th January 2006, 5:51 AM
Out of curiousity, I heard that Shaman King ended on chapter 285. However, the story remained incomplete since it got cancelled... Is this true?

VampirateMace
28th January 2006, 7:38 AM
My fav character is Manta... curiously I also really liked Faust, then he cut open my buddy.

JazzJazz
28th January 2006, 9:54 PM
My fav character is Manta... curiously I also really liked Faust, then he cut open my buddy.

I've never watched the anime of Shaman King, but I'm wondering how that incident was edited when it made the transition from the pages to the screen... can anyone enlighten me?

MarcmenX
29th January 2006, 7:26 AM
I've never watched the anime of Shaman King, but I'm wondering how that incident was edited when it made the transition from the pages to the screen... can anyone enlighten me?

In the anime Manta was not cut open, he was crucified, and he was not nailed to a cross, he was tied to it. How that was handled in the dub I have no idea

undisputed_seraphim
29th January 2006, 2:34 PM
Just a question, what volume of the graphic novels are they up to in Japan? I think volume 9 is the next one that will see a Western release, but I'm curious about the situation in the East.
To answer your question...

The Good news: The entire manga line is completed in Japan and Singapore, at volume 32.

The Bad news: The general consensus is that the manga ending sucked like the sky fell on Hiroyuki Takei's head. The ending was totally ambiguous, I think Hao/Zeke won or something. Anyway it wasn't very defined. You see Hao naked (cough, cough) near the end, and then without telling what happened next, you see grown-up versions of Yoh, Anna, Chocolove, Ren and the others. The ending was really terrible. Fortunately the anime wrapped that up and the ending was a lot better.

Koneko
29th January 2006, 4:10 PM
I love shaman king (and Lyserg ^-^)
I Read the manga as it comes out (I'm surscribed to SJ) and I try to learn any thing I can, I even have any/all merchendice in the us. now that I think about it that's kind of sad ;_; ah, it's good to see some other mankin fan for once

JazzJazz
29th January 2006, 7:35 PM
The Good news: The entire manga line is completed in Japan and Singapore, at volume 32.

32 volumes?! Good heavens! The Western world is only up to volume 8, there's a damn long way to go...

(((Kuwagata Kross)))
29th January 2006, 11:34 PM
Here in Brazil I think we're either in volume 27 or 28..can't quite remember...

VampirateMace
30th January 2006, 6:31 AM
I can't stand the anime... mostly because of the dubbing, but the whole story is so off.

JazzJazz
30th January 2006, 7:40 PM
Here in Brazil I think we're either in volume 27 or 28..can't quite remember...

Is your native tongue Spanish? I only ask because you'd think it'd be released in English before Spanish...

Azumaniac19
30th January 2006, 11:10 PM
Hey..I just got to the boards and I love Shaman King. (Is there a club for this?) I looked all around and and at Borders I finally found the last copy of Book 8 and I thought it was good.... I loved the part when Yoh and Ren end the fight...
When Ren starts to walk away thinking he's lost and that he's feels refreshed from losing all his mana.....and then all of a sudden Yoh admits he ran out of it too and ren falls off his horse!!!

Dodrio
4th February 2006, 4:21 PM
I like manta. Hes so cute. In the dub they named him Morty...ugh...that sound so lame compaired to manta, and of course i can never forgive Faust.

JazzJazz
4th February 2006, 10:00 PM
I like manta. Hes so cute. In the dub they named him Morty...ugh...that sound so lame compaired to manta, and of course i can never forgive Faust.

It's strange how they change some Japanese-esque names in the anime versions, but not others...

foxkitty
4th February 2006, 10:49 PM
I love shaman King..why did they hav to stop? I think Yoh is cute.

~DaSilentMage~
12th February 2006, 6:55 AM
The anime wasn't quite right, (L)en is chinese but he had a british accent, and Rio/Ryu was Japaneese but he sounded Italian, but that's probably why I liked them both....

Darkstorm16
7th May 2006, 8:58 PM
I actually enjoyed the anime though. I have recorded every episode and I shall keep watching them.

GoggleHead
7th May 2006, 11:58 PM
I love Shaman King! The newest volume I have is No. 4. My favorite character is Yoh. He's cool because he knows how to live life, lazy.

Darkstorm16
8th May 2006, 1:43 AM
I also have four. I can't wait until more volumes come.

-Koumori-
8th May 2006, 2:38 AM
I have 8 volumes now, so I'm all up to date where I live. I believe 9 is out in June or July.

Darkstorm16
8th May 2006, 10:19 PM
Too bad it costs so much for me -_-'

Kez
15th May 2006, 6:02 PM
I think this manga is cool. I have the first 4 volumes, but am only on 3 at the moment. well, I have yet to start it ^_^'.

How many volumes of tjhis are there in Japan?