PDA

View Full Version : ~+The Official Fanfiction Writer's Club+~

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tale
10th October 2005, 11:08 PM
+Approved by PsiUmbreon+

Welcome writers of Serebii and other such forums! This club is in dedication to all those who enjoy writing fanfiction and/or are brimming with creativity and imagination.

Here writers can discuss writing tips, story ideas, writing styles, genres, thoughts on UU and OU Pokemon and much more!

Ok, enough with crappy intros and I'll get on with the rules -_-;

~The Rules~

One. No spamming, flaming and all that other crap - you know what it is so just dont do it.

Two. No requesting to be Co-owner. That role is to be decided by myself so we dont get any cruddy co-owners. You will most likely be appointed the job if you keep the thread alive (without double posting or spamming) and if you post often with decent and helpful comments.

Three. No advertising, you're allowed to point out your fics (if you have posted any) in your sign up. But just plain saying "Take a look at my fic: {URL}Ben's Pokemon Journey{/URL}" is just against the rules. Updated: Previews are allowed to be posted also in your sign up thread. Just edit them as you wish. If possible, post a link as it saves space - but never mind if not.

Four. No critisizing fics, those comments should be left for the thread the fic is in. Goes without saying really...

Five. Only one topic can be posted every day unless stated otherwise. This means all can post a topic unless one is already in progress; in which case you must wait until the following day in order to post a new one. If you like, you can PM me to reserve a topic, and I will add you to a newly formed list at the bottom of this post. To make this fair, you can't post two topics in a row. (Rule declared by Psychic - edited a little by myself)

Six. Following from topics, be sure to check the list at the bottom of this post regularly if you wish to post topics. If there is a new topic already in action, dont post the topic. If there is a topic in the request list, dont post a topic. If you realy want your topic to be up, PM me with the topic and I'll add it to the future topic list. Further details can be found here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=2256100&postcount=175) and through my answering PM (if you PM me).

Seven. Be sure to check out my important posts in order to get up to date.

I'll add more as the ideas come.

*~Sign Up~*

Nothing too hard, in fact, the only thing you really can mention after asking to join is links to any fics you may have posted. You do not need a fic posted to join though you must enjoy creating/writing them of course =P. If you like, you can include favourite genres, favourite books/authors etc.

About it methinks.

=+Members+=

Tale (Owner)

Psychic (Co-Owner)

Ledian_X (Co-Owner)

Mimori Kiryu

FlamingRuby

Wobbanut

Power Shot

Lilbluecorsola

AAMLfan

katiekitten

Shadow Forte.EXE

Faerie

Proffesor Pikachu

~RaikouRider243~

~*Commander Blizzard*~

Shiny Flygon

Elemental Charizam

Blackjack Gabbiani

Burnt Flower

Aalitichi

GoldenHouou

Brian Powell

xXSapphireXx

Sike Saner

Torkoal Stu

Klaus

Willow's Tara

Lemurian

Knightblazer

Serpant Syra

Dragonfree

Dilasc

Shiny_Deoxys

eagle-kyogre

Blingin G

The Big Al

Ivymoonrose

SereneSapphire

Negrek

Alakazam

Saffire Persian

jetx

IM4MISTY

Icy_Mew

Pan

The Cheshire Cat

+Chaos Blade+

mindripper

hikari_blaze

WanderingRythmicalPhoenix

pisces (banned)

Topics

"What aspects of fanfiction are you thankful for this year?" Negrek

Topic Waiting list

Have fun!

Mimori Kiryu
10th October 2005, 11:25 PM
I'd love to join! I love writing fanfictions so much. My newest one comes later in November. I don't have a link yet, but I can let you all see the banner created for it by Dark Latias:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/animelover712/mimorikiryubanner8yl.png

I'm a big fan of the fanfictions here, especially stories by xXSaberXx, Scrap and The Cheshire Cat. I'm hope the story above is going to be at least as half as good as those. ^.^

Tale
11th October 2005, 5:14 PM
Sorry I didn't reply sooner ^_^;; but yeah, course you can join! The club doesn't look so popular at the moment though -_-;

And yeah, don't we all love those authors. Not familiar with Saber's story myself, perhaps I'll check it out, but Scrap and my adopter =D The Cheshire Cat, yeah, definately phenominal authors. And Serpant Syra, I just had to add him =P

Oh, and I'm sure your story will be more than half as good as those. Just from looking at your name and sig one can tell you have a creative aura. I'll check it out as soon as it comes out ^.^

Mimori Kiryu
11th October 2005, 5:20 PM
Thanks, Tale ^_^

I've been trying for almost the whole time I've been here at SPPf to create a good story and it's my first try at a horror/romance/action story.

Oh, yeah, I've also decided to bring it out earlier. Not this weeked but next weekend. I'm about to post the preview today sometime....I don't know...

FlamingRuby
11th October 2005, 5:32 PM
Count me in!

I mainly enjoy comedy, adventure, and musical fics.

My currently active projects:

"Born to Be a Champion: Pikachu's Johto Diaries" (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=33097)-Technically number three in a series, I chose to write it first b/c there aren't that many Johto fics anyway.
"The Battle Frontier of the Bands!" (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=72762) My musical fic that I need to finish...
"Adventures in Pokesitting II: Double Trouble" (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=86830)-The sequel to my comedy fic "Adventures in Pokesitting", you can read the original here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=42905)

Please leave reviews and I'll review yours in return!

wobbanut
11th October 2005, 5:47 PM
Can I join? I don't have any Pokemon fanfics just yet, but I have several planned, and I have over 60 Xena and Highlander fanfics written. I prefer writing dramatic stories with a little humor thrown in here and there.

Tale
11th October 2005, 5:53 PM
Yes and yes to both of you.

FR, I've heard of your musical fics, very original style I have to say.

Wubbanut, 60 fics in phenomenal! o.o I guess you like Xena and Highlander then, eh?

I'm glad the two of you could join. Perhaps a banner or button will be in order soon...

Mimori Kiryu
11th October 2005, 6:02 PM
Glad to have you join, FlamingRuby and wobbanut! I posted the preview to my story if you all want to read it. Just click the banner in meh sig! It would mean so much to me! ^_^

FlamingRuby
11th October 2005, 6:34 PM
Here are the other "Pikachu Diaries" I have planned:

"A Heart So True: Pikachu's Kanto Diaries" (this one's next)
"To the Ends of a Pokemon World: Pikachu's Island Diaries"
"From Champions to Heroes: Pikachu's Houen Diaries"
"Emerald Skies: Pikachu's Frontier Diaries" (tentative, this may change)

Mimori Kiryu
11th October 2005, 6:39 PM
Emerald Skies sounds really interesting, FR! ^_^ I'd definately want to read that! *_*

Tale
11th October 2005, 6:41 PM
Now, now people, lets not turn this into an advertising thread. I've let Mimori off for that sneaky advertisement there, and in turn I must let off FR. But no more advertising.
Any links to stories should be edited into your sign up post if you wish, but no links in discussions. Referrals are acceptable, but no links.

Thank you for your time. And I left a reply, Mimori Kiyru.

Well lets get on with a topic then.

What do you look for in a fic?

I personally look for plotlines and description. I don't like masses and masses of description to the point where a blade of grass is described in two paragraphs (unless its special), but a decent amount of description is good in my opinion. However, an easy read with a fair amount is also very enjoyable.
As for plots, I stated in Mimori's thread, I enjoy original ones, gripping plots. But then, so does everyone =P

I also added a rule; hope its not too restricting.

FlamingRuby
11th October 2005, 6:42 PM
That's just a tentative title until the US gets a theme song for the Frontier episodes...and "Unbeatable" is technically a Houen song, even though part of it spills into the frontier

Mimori Kiryu
11th October 2005, 9:50 PM

Mystery. I love it to the core. Also I like gripping stories with a little history. Unlike most readers I love stories where the main characters are connected to legendaries. As long as it's done in an interesting way, and described in detail. It would have to really well done, an example is....Pokemon Revelation: Cross of Fates. That's a good example of what I look for in a fic. Comedy/Drama/Romance/Friendship/History/Background/Struggle/

It's the best. I'm allowed to refer people to a story, right?

FlamingRuby
11th October 2005, 10:11 PM
I like:

--an engaging plot--or else I wouldn't read it
--magical items or magical powers/creatures--I'm basically a sucker for fantasy, and magical items/powers/creatures are my favorite things to see in fantasy.
--humor-I love a good laugh, especially after a tense scene. My only pet peeve is potty humor...
--music--sometimes you get the message across better in a song...I've been told I do music the right way...

Tale
11th October 2005, 10:21 PM
music--sometimes you get the message across better in a song...I've been told I do music the right way...

I COMPLETELY agree! So much inspiration can come from music, and posting a song to listen too while reading, I've always thought, would really heighten the effect of the story; as if it were a film in words.
I think you've done a fic on a fantasy adventure with interactive music, FR, am I right? Great idea in my opinion.

Power Shot
11th October 2005, 10:46 PM
I would like to join. I'm a struggling sixteen year old that can't get any reviews.

But enough of that. I want to be an author, or a story line worker at Nintendo one day. I have two fan-fics right now, both Zelda fics, both on the site. I'm working right now on a Pokemon fic that still hasn't got a name.

If you like, you can look at my fics to see if I'm good enough to join. The links' are on my sig.

Psychic
11th October 2005, 10:47 PM
Hey, Tale! I'd love to join!

My fics:
The Mutations (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=43985)
About a group of misfits searching for a home in which they can be accepted.
Cries In The Dark (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=59136) (One Shot)
A Lapras cries out, mourning the loss of his loved one.

I like a fic that features the Legndaries. One with a good plot.
I always look for good, original characters. Those are always interesting to read about.
It should have description. I hate fics that lack description, as I find that it's one of the most important aspects of writing. However some writers can pull off writing a good fic that doesn't have a great deal of description, which I always find impressive. I like different writing styles. Ones that are creative and new spark my interest.

(Oh, and Tale, your request is done. I finally finished it. Go to the FanArt Request section and tell me if you like them.)

~Psychic

FlamingRuby
11th October 2005, 10:55 PM
Tale-Yes, I was working on an RPG adventure with music inside it, but that project is on indefinite hold now.

Tale
11th October 2005, 10:56 PM
Oui and Oui to both of you.

Power Shot, thats a big dream you have there, hope it all goes well. I'm sure that the best way to improve would be to gain reviews so I also hope you get some soon. On that note, I'd say that your fic has little reviews right now due to it being Zelda and not Pokemon. I dont know why, adn its rather unfair, but people do seem to stick more to the Pokemon Fic forum. However, I hear the mod, RaZoR LeAf is a fan of Zelda fics, so perhaps he'll spot it. Good luck anyhoo ^.^ and welcome to the club.

Hiya Psychic, just read your post and felt a massive blow to the stomach by guilt as I found 'The Mutations' which I promised to review. I'll slap myself and get round to it asap and with a decent one too - so sorry about that. And just for good measure, I'll take a look at the one-shot too.
I completely agree with your answer to the topic, on all of the points, a story really isnt a story wihtout description and interesting characters are a sure, fine way of pulling in readers, especially when introduced early. And legendaries, yeah, usually the base of a good fic - not that its anything to do with anything but I'm planning on making an RPG based heavily on all legendaries so yeah. *Sneakily slides in advertisement* heheheh...
Oh, and I'll check out the request thread =P

Welcome to both of you!

EDIT: Flaming Ruby: Well, I'm hoping its back up soon, gives me some time to read it at least =P

Mimori Kiryu
11th October 2005, 10:57 PM
Anyone have any advice on how not to run into writer's block? I'm going pretty good on my new story The Revolutionary Battle...but I'm afraid that sooner or later, I'll fall into a block of some sort...advice anyone?

Tale
11th October 2005, 11:00 PM
Ah yes. A great thing to do would be to check out the Authors Cafe, theres a thread or two on writers block, seeing as its so common.
But I find a good way is to listen to music and/or simply sit down and think, the mind can be very creative in the evenings - for me at least.

Mimori Kiryu
11th October 2005, 11:02 PM
I find watching TV helps too. Thanks for your ideas, Tale ^_^

FlamingRuby
11th October 2005, 11:21 PM
Sometimes a song inspires me to write a comic scene...for example, one night I was working on chapter 14 of my TCG fic "The Heart of the Cards: A Pokemon TCG Adventure", all while having my radio on...and I had it set to the local oldies station on this particular night, and the song "Personality" came on the radio.

When the song was over, I thought The lyrics just scream "Brock"!. Inspired by this, I made chapter 15 revolve around Brock doing that song as a tap dance routine.

Take a listen to the song for yourself to see what I mean:

"Personality" (http://s41.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2EQGPL8LKRYOB0J1EF28M5AUFF)

and here's the tap dance scene I wrote because of the song...I made the song a little longer in the story.

..."Aww..." Misty commented. "They look cute when they play together."

"I'll say..." Brock started, and was about to say more until he noticed a nearby lounge close to one of the portable arenas, where Nurse Joy was sitting, apparently engrossed in a novel.

Misty noticed Brock's thoughtful expression and glanced over at the lounge window. "What is it, Brock?

"Hmmm..." Brock thought a little bit longer, then turned towards the grand hall exit. "Excuse me for a moment...." and he disappeared into the crowd.

"What's he doing?" Ash wondered.

"Probably left to concoct some elaborate scheme to woo Nurse Joy...but who knows...He could've gone back to get something from the room or take a bathroom break...who knows..." Misty sighed. "We'll just wait here...

---------

After an hour, Ash and Misty were still waiting for Brock to return. Ash paced the floor by his chair, and Misty just watched some of the other duels. Finally, Ash collapsed in his chair. exhausted. "What's taking him so long? You'd think he'd be back by now..." No sooner had he said this, the lights on a makeshift stage went up, and a catchy melody began to play over the speakers. Then, Brock appeared in a sparkling red jacket, sparkling black pants, and black shoes to match. A top hat with a red stripe on it sat on his head, completing the look.

Misty then heard a clack-clack-clackety-clack noise coming from the stage as Brock danced to the music. "What's that?"

"Pika pi!" Pikachu replied, pointing at Ash's shoes.

"It's his shoes making all that noise?" Misty asked, puzzled.

Ash watched the dance with interest. "I didn't even know Brock could tap dance!"

"He is quite good..." Misty mused as Brock began to sing as he danced:

Oh-wo-over and over...

I try to prove my love to you...

Over and over...

What more can I do?

Over and over,

My friends say I'm a fool...

But oh-wo-over and over...

I'll be a fool for you!...

Just then, Misty got an idea. "Come on, Ash!" She grabbed Ash's hand and dragged him to the stage.

"Hey, wait, Mistyyyyyy!!!!!" Ash protested as he tripped over stray rocks, catches in the carpet, and whizzing past other people, all the way to the stage behind Brock, just as Brock sang 'Cause you've got...

Personality... Misty sang, kicking up her legs.

"Misty...I can't dance!" Ash complained, trying his hardest to kick up his legs like Misty was.

"Quit complaining and kick!" Misty ordered. With that, she began to sing a backup melody to Brock's song:

"Walk.... Brock sang.

"The personality... Misty and Ash echoed.

Talk.... Brock continued, skipping across the stage as he danced.

"The personality..." the others echoed.

"Smile...." Brock twirled a little as he ascended a small stairway in front of the makeshift chorus line, which had now grown to include some curious bystanders.

"The personality..."

"Charm..." Brock continued, doing some kicking along with his chorus line.

"The personality..."

"Love..." Brock struck a pose among the line....

"The personality..."

"Plus you've got a great big he-ah-art!" Brock sang, dancing down the stairway on the stage towards Nurse Joy, who had come out of the lounge to see what was going on. She giggled as Brock sang "So over...

"Over and over..." Misty and Ash echoed.

"And over..." Brock continued, halfway skipping as he danced.

"Over and over..." Misty and Ash echoed again.

"Oh, I'll be a fool for you..." Brock sang, pointing at Nurse Joy on the word 'you'. Nurse Joy stifled a giggle as she continued to watch the show.

"Over and over..." the chorus line echoed.

"Now over..." Brock was approaching his starting point.

"Over and over..."

"and over..." Brock waved to Officer Jenny as she entered the room, interested.

"Over and over..."

"What more can I do?" Brock sang, smiling at the two girls.

Officer Jenny turned to Nurse Joy. "So, what inspired Mr. Lovebird here to do this?"

"Well, I have to admit, this is quite a show!" Nurse Joy laughed as Brock sang "Cause you've got..." again, restarting the chorus.

"Hmm...the chorus line's a nice touch...and Lover-boy looks good in sparklies...." Officer Jenny noted as the music went into a dance break, allowing Brock to dance solo.

----------

Meanwhile, in a backstage area, Team Rocket waited, listening to the show going on out on the stage. "Okay, guys...you know the plan?" James asked everyone.

"And you also know why we're here?" Jessie asked.

"Yeah, I know!" Meowth exclaimed, confident in the latest plot the team had concocted.

"Okay, why are we here?" James asked with a sly smirk.

"'Cause we've got..." Meowth began. "Da personality!"

"The personality?" Jessie and James looked at each other, confused.

"Da personality...da personality....da personality...." Meowth continued to sing and kick up his legs. "Everybody now!...da personality...."

"Wobba! Wobba!" Wobbufett also joined in the dancing.

"Okay, besides the personality, why are we here?" Jessie sighed, exasperated as Meowth's sudden burst into song.

"Quiet down! I'm trying to watch da dancer on da stage!" Meowth shushed as Brock continued his dance, mesmerized by the steps.

James looked out on the stage. "You know...I have a better idea..." and he dragged Jessie and Meowth into a costume storage closet, slamming the door behind him. "We'll dress up and blend into the chorus line...then when the song's over, we'll take Pikachu!"

"Great idea!" Jessie called as she rummaged through the various suits, dresses, hats, masks, and other props. She emerged from the pile wearing a pale yellow dress. "How's this?"

"Perfect, darling!" James replied as he threw on a pinstripe shirt and small hat, also grabbing a cane from the pile of props. "Okay! Let's go!" The three Rockets raced onto the darkened part of the stage and squeezed into the chorus line.

"Hey!" one girl complained as Jessie squeezed herself in.

"Pardon me, sir..." James scrunched himself in between two boys, right as the music concluded the solo.

---------

Brock posed as the music paused for a moment, then sang again:

Wo-wo-wo...

Oh-wo-over and over,

I said that I love you... He tapped a step in rhythm to the music as he descended the stairway.

Over and over...

Honey, love, it's the truth! Officer Jenny couldn't resist laughing at this.

Over and over...

They still say I'm a fool! Some curious girls giggled as they watched the unfolding routine.

But oh-wo-over and over...

I'll be a fool for you!

'Cause you got... Brock skipped over to a spot facing Officer Jenny as he started the chorus again.

Personality... sang the chorus line, which had now swelled to over 100 people.

"Walk....

"The personality...

"Talk..."

"The personality...

"Smile..."

"The personality...

"Charm..."

"The personality...

"Love...

"The personality...

"Plus you've got a great big he-ah-art! So over...

"Over and over..."

"And over..."

"Over and over..."

"Oh, I'll be a fool for you..." Brock pointed at Officer Jenny this time, causing her to smile a little, but she was also somewhat embarrassed.

"Over and over..."

"Now over..."

"Over and over..."

"And over..."

"Over and over..."

"What more can I do? 'Cause you've got..."

Personality...

"Walk....

"The personality...

"Talk..."

"The personality...

"Smile..."

"The personality...

"Charm..."

"The personality...

"Love...

"The personality...

"Plus you've got a great big he-ah-art! So over...

"Over and over..."

"And over..."

"Over and over..."

"Oh, I'll be a fool for you..."

"Over and over..."

"Now over..."

"Over and over..."

"And over..."

"Over and over..."

"What more can I do? 'Cause you've got..."

----------

James could feel the sweat forming on his head as he continued to kick up his legs. He, Jessie, and Meowth had been only kicking for a few minutes, but to him, it felt like several hours. "Hey, Jessie?" he whispered.

"What?" Jessie asked.

"Please remind me why we're kicking our legs like this..." James sighed. "My legs are getting tired...

"We're supposed to! Now quit complaining and sing!" Jessie retorted as the chorus began again.

-----------

Brock smiled as he danced, apparently pleased with himself. Not only had he gotten the attention of two girls, but he had also attracted an entire crowd that liked him, too. Pleased with this thought, he belted out another chorus. But when he got to "Plus you've got a great big he-ah-art!", there was a sudden crash from offstage, causing the entire chorus line to gasp.

"What's going on?" Ash asked, apparently panicked. Everyone else fled the stage as Jessie and James appeared on the stairwell behind Brock.

"And you've got a great big mouth!" Jessie chided Brock.

"That's not how the song goes!" Brock protested.

"Who cares how the song goes? We're taking the stage now!" and Jessie stuck out her foot, sending Brock falling to the ground with a thud....

wobbanut
12th October 2005, 12:43 AM
Wubbanut, 60 fics in phenomenal! o.o I guess you like Xena and Highlander then, eh?

I'm glad the two of you could join. Perhaps a banner or button will be in order soon...

Let's just say I was **really** bored in junior college when I was supposed to be studying for tests. ;) Hey, I did graduate, and I'm proud of a number of my works, so it worked out great. Time and loads of practice has improved my writing too.

<b>What do you look for in a fic?</b>

I look for relatively realistic dialogue. The plot doesn't have to be realistic, just the dialogue. :) I hate when people in fanfics talk like they're reciting from an English paper (I was an English major, so I should know), it's annoying to read unless the story is really good. Unfortunately for me, I have a fondness for writing stutters, which can be annoying for readers, but I like them to express nervousness or hesitation.

Power Shot
12th October 2005, 1:05 AM
Yeah, when I get writer's block a song can help inspire you. Also, it always fun to watch people make fools of themselves on TV. Just cast your mind around until you think of something cool.

FlamingRuby
12th October 2005, 1:20 AM
Don't forget cartoons. Many Looney Tunes and Disney gags also work in the Pokemon universe.

lilbluecorsola
12th October 2005, 1:21 AM
May I join? =) I've written a few One-Shots which have turned into a series. I hope someday to have them lead up to my first chaptered fic too.

Power Shot
12th October 2005, 1:57 AM
Uhh....just a question, but are we allowed to put story previews here so members can look at them? Sorry, I'm not sure that was in the rules.

AAMLfan
12th October 2005, 5:08 AM
May I join? I love to write fanfics, but can never seem to finish them for some strange reason. o.o;;

Hm...I have part of a fanfic up at FF.net titled Pokemon Academy. Haven't continued for awhile since I haven't typed it up. XDD;;;;

What do you look for in a fanfic?
Hm...well I really like the romance, horror, action...adventure...mystery...oh!! Let's just say I like 'em all. XDD;; Sometimes I look for cliffhangers too. o.o;;; A bit of length, and a description that can make me see a picture in my head! XDD;;

Writer's Block? Er...I don't think I've attracted it yet. XD AMAZING. No, but I'd look at some images or listen to music. Sometimes dreams help you too. XDD;;; I daydream about "things" a lot at school, so most of the time I never run out of things to write about. XDD;;

katiekitten
12th October 2005, 2:29 PM
May I join? I love writing stories, I always have. I am currently in the middle of writing Chapter three of Phoenix. And by the look of things so far, this chapter is going to be even longer than the last one. It takes ages to write it up, because I normally write part of it on paper and type the rest up. I wrote about 5 pages before deciding ot start typing. The first page of writing has turned into three long pages in word. I had trouble with the beginning.

Writers Block? I normally get it when I am starting to write a chapter. I have so many ideas bustling around in my head it is normally hard to begin. Also, when I meet a new character I have not tried out before, an already created character like Jirachi. I don't know how he is supposed to be like. So I have problems some times.

Types of Storys Ilike? Fantasy, all the way. I find real life boring sometimes. :)

Stories I have written/am writing/thinking of creating

Hmm... I limit this to three. There are plenty more, just none of them were wrtten specifically with this in mind...

The Rising Storm.

Sorry, I am not putting up a link. It is the worst thing I have ever writen, I think. I based it on Groundon, Kyogue, and the orbs. It is rubbish. If you want to read it, it is buried deep within the fanfiction forum. I first wrote it on a different site and it ended up having 17 chapters in the end. Maybe more. I can't remember... Anyway, I think it is rubbish and I never want to talk about it again. *pouts and turns back on bad story*

On a happier note, two stries that ARE turning out alright.

Phoenix.

As I already have a link in my sig, I won't bother putting another one up. I is lazy. :) Anyway, this one is kind of a suspense/adventure story. The first chapter is not very good, but the second is a lot better. I am currently writing Chapter three. It is called: The Keeper of Destiny. Duh duh duh!!! Anyway, I always find that blurbs give away to much of the story. It is better for the reader to read it and find out. :)

Here is the Prologue...

There is a legend, passed down by word of mouth for years, the original copy encased in glass in the heart of the Cinnabar Museum.

It tells the story of a time when three Titans ruled the earth, causing chaos throughout the world. The three elements waged war on each other, slaughtering those unfortunate enough to cross their path. This went on for centuries, scattering humankind and sending them, and those Pokemon who had not joined the Titans to the deepest delves of the Earth. It was in the ashes of a lost civilization that a hero emerged, and with powers bequeathed to her by the keeper of destiny, restored peace and tranquillity unto the world.

The Hero was called Phoenix.
This is her Story.

Waters Deep (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=88556)

My horror story. *strokes it* Best story I have written so far. I spent hours perfecting it, reading it over and over... The first paragraph is practically imprinted on my brain. As it is a horror/suspense story, I can't tell you that much. But I will post up the first paragraph. Beware, its kinda long...

The full moon slowly rose, white and round as an unblemished pearl, solemnly cresting the horizon and steadily riding up the sky, casting the towering waves in a silver twilight. The rhythmic roaring of the sea was like a sweet lullaby, enchanting and perilous to those who knew no better. The serene scene was punctured by the distant cries of “Heave! Ho!” as a proud galleon cut swathes through the waves, slicing through them like a warm knife through butter, prancing about like a wild stallion resisting capture. It was a magnificent sight, one of those ships that struck awe and fear into its enemy’s hearts. It had three masts that rose gallantly in a row down the center, fastened by cold iron bolts driven through the wood. They were framed by rigging that swayed in the rising wind. The wooden hull of the ship was inlaid with gold, crafted by the most skilled into the shapes of flowering buds which quickly melded into tossing spray from raging sea monsters, ruby eyes glinting in the dim light. A sculptured figurehead erupted from the bows of the ship, carved in the shape of a scantily dressed fair maiden who gazed at the rabid waters with a look of longing on her weathered face. The delicately woven sails billowed out as the wind pulsed behind them, propelling the ship forwards. Above the sails, slightly below the shaking look out post, flapped a flag, its insignia the object of fear and dread. The legendary skull and cross bones.

Yep! You guessed it! The prologue is about Pirates. Read on and see... >=)

Tale
12th October 2005, 5:11 PM
Lilbluecorsola, AAMLfan and katiekitten, of course you can all join.

Lilbluecorsola, I've heard of your one-shots and think I've even seen a couple of them. Apparently you're a very talented writer for your age and I am pleased you've decided to join.

AAMLfan, I usually get the same problem, never end up finishing a new story =P. But I'm glad you could join, from the sounds of it, you're a very avid reader and writer, so welcome!

katiekitten, I think I've seen you around before aswell, I think it might have been a preview but I'm not sure. And I agree with you on the fantasy thing; I always turn to Serpant Syra for such stories - he exceeds in that stuff. Glad you could join.

Last but not least, Power Shot - again, previews must be posted in the first thread if you wish to do so. If a link is possible then try to add that, but if not, copying and pasting is fine; it just makes some space. I guess I'll add a little more detail to that rule...

FlamingRuby
12th October 2005, 7:40 PM
Would it be okay if we shared trivia from our active stories?

When I write, I add references, parodies, and other inside jokes...

Tale
12th October 2005, 8:40 PM
Of course, wouldn't be much of a fanfic club if you couldn't share such things on your stories ^_^

And with the end of the previous comes a new topic,

Do you plan on using writing in the future?

Not neccesarily a job, but perhaps a hobby. I myself would love to be an author, and my whole reason for posting a fanfiction here (which I will do soon >>; ) is to improve on writing. Though it may just turn out to be more of a hobby as my main aspiration is towards another career.

Psychic
12th October 2005, 9:37 PM
I plan to, you. My two job ideas for when I graduate are writing and acting. I had a chat with my friend's father during a four hour drive (we were going camping) and when I told him that that was all I could think of doing, he advised going into writing. With acting, there are only a very few things you can do, and they're very selective on who can actually get the jobs including acting. He then told me about how many things you can do if you write. Not necessarily if you're an author who writes books, but you can write panphlets, articles in newpapers/magazines, scripts for all sorts of shows, the list goes on!
So I plan to try to became as good a writer as I can so that I can get the best jobs.

Writing really only started off as a hobby for me as well, but it's gotten me thinking about what I wanted to do. I think that even if I get some other random job that has nothing to do with having to write, I'll still write stories and such in my spare time.

Oh, and for Writers' Block: listen to a lot of music. I find that Enya is great if you're looking for inspiration. Phill Collins and Elton John's music always seems to give me ideas for entirely new stories as well. My favourite artists are my inspriation! ^-^

~Psychic

lilbluecorsola
12th October 2005, 11:37 PM

I do, but I am aiming to become a Manga Artist first. Perhaps I shall try and do both, with writing being a sort of hobby of mine. My answer is really like yours, Tale. I post Fanfictions just to improve my writing as well.

FlamingRuby
12th October 2005, 11:43 PM
I'll answer the same way...I do love writing, but I mainly want to teach others how to write.

AAMLfan
12th October 2005, 11:54 PM
Hm...if I can't get a job as a manga artist, pastry chef, or a voice actor, then I'll go onto being a writer. XDD;;; Strange...I just figured if I became any of those, the other jobs would be hobbies for me no matter what I chose. XDD;;;

But yes, in the future I plan to keep writing! Hopefully...

Shadow Ichigo
13th October 2005, 12:21 AM
Hey can i join you guys? i love writing fanfics!

Power Shot
13th October 2005, 12:49 AM
Well, since I want to work at Nintendo someday, I guess I have to write. It lets me be more creative than I normally am, and lets me display what little emotion I still have left.

Creating a world for other people to enjoy is just such a rewarding experience. No one reviews my fics though, but the ones I read really have passion in them.

FlamingRuby
13th October 2005, 1:42 AM
If you review fics, how do you review?

I grade fics based on the following criteria:

Description: Is everything described well enough so that even a non fan can understand it?
Characters: Are the characters believeable and realistic?
Plot: Is it interesting, or the same thing we've all seen a zillion times?

I then give the writer a rating based on the Pikachu family:

;172; A Pichu by himself means the fic needs serious work. If he's with some Pikachus, he counts as half a point
;025; Pikachus count as points...the more of them you get, the better
;026; You've got to impress me a lot to get a Raichu, so consider your fic special if you do get one!

What I WILL NOT review, period:
--Shipping fics-If the powers that be wanted a certain pairing to happen, they would've said something by now!
--dark/angsty fics-Granted, there are some that do this genre right, but the majority of them are just plain bad.
--Nothing over PG-13-I can stand some mild language and action violence, but anything higher than that just doesn't appeal to me

I normally don't review non-Pokemon fics, but I will make exceptions if I am asked to review one

What I like to review:
--Journey fics
--Comedy fics
--Musical fics
--Fantasy/Adventure fics

Power Shot
13th October 2005, 2:22 AM
Flaming Ruby, what you have to do is go to The Author's Cafe and click on the Reviewer's Thread. There you can make a post of what you will review, and how you do so.

Since you are a reviewer, think you could leave a review on my fics? They're both Zeldas, but I have a Pokemon preview in the Cafe if you'd like to look.

Faerie
13th October 2005, 3:28 AM
I'd like to join! ^__^ And don't worry, I don't use this font for every post, I just want to make this one look pretty. xD

Love and Loyalty (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=77984) A repost of a fic so old that the origional has been deleted. O__o
Untamed Serenity [One-Shot] (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=82741) My first one-shot. It's not very long though. >__>
Reality's Crossroads [Preview] (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=86112) I haven't finished enough of the fic to post it yet, but you can read the preview. :3

I like Fantasy, Adventure and occasionally Horror if it's written a certain way. Some of my favorite authors include Orson Scott Card and Brian Jaques.

FlamingRuby
13th October 2005, 3:56 AM
I do have a profile up in the reviewer's thread-I was just posting it here so you may see it.

Power Shot: Yes, I will come review, since you asked,but would you be willing to review my linked finks in return?

Power Shot
13th October 2005, 4:02 AM
Can do, always happy to return a favor.

FlamingRuby
13th October 2005, 4:19 AM
I've left comments in both of yours...check the threads and see

Tale
13th October 2005, 4:52 PM
Woah, woah woah, guys hold up. Remember theres a reviewers club up already, created by Psychic herself, I think. No asking for reviews here, we're trying to stick to the writing part of fanfiction.

Anyways, Shadow Forte.EXE and Faerie yes, welcome to the club ^.^

Shadow Forte.EXE, I've never seen you around on the Fan Fiction forums I must say, though I do remember making you a banner =P *mind guiltily wanders to the decaying request thread*. Have you posted any fics at all? I might go and check them out. Welcome anyways.

Faerie, heheh, I decorated the first post too, as you can see =P its always good to make a decent entrance. I've heard of you, think I've seen you in the authors cafe and from what I see, you're a very skilled author. Yeah, we all like adventures - especially FANTASY adventures, they rock =P. Can't say I've heard of the authors before though I must very reluctantly confess I haven't read much, though I'm desperately trying to improve. Glad you could join ^.^

Well I suppose a new topic is in order. I'll make it a more open and general topic to get a full flowing discussion going (rhyme =P)

UU (under used) Pokemon in fics. What are your views on them?

Basically, what UU Pokemon would you much like to see more? Do you even agree with the concept of UU Pokemon? Do you feel they make a fic more interesting? Like I said, this is very open so hopefully we can get many topic branches from this.

Myself, I love UU Pokemon, the more the merrier. In my view, I think they do make a story more interesting, simply for the fact that, being under used, it adds a lot more originality. I also love reading about how the Pokemon are portrayed, seeing as we dont see them portrayed much at all.

Welcome to the new members! I think I might set up a co-owner soon...

Power Shot
13th October 2005, 10:16 PM
Well, Pokemon in the story, for me anyway, takes a lot more work than having humans. Since you can't say what they're talking about, you need to be really creative.

I solved that by having a character that can talk to Pokemon, so that was my way around it. I found that way I could flesh out the Pokemons' true character and make them more a part of the story.

In some of the fics I read, they just cluttered space during diolague, they had no soul. Pokemon can be tough to write in the right way.

FlamingRuby, I seriously can't find any of your fics. Could you give me a link, or a general idea of where they are?

FlamingRuby
13th October 2005, 10:21 PM
A question on the same lines: When Pokemon speak, do you write out a translation or leave the "Pika pika" gibberish as it is?

Psychic
13th October 2005, 10:40 PM
Woah, woah woah, guys hold up. Remember theres a reviewers club up already, created by Psychic herself, I think. No asking for reviews here, we're trying to stick to the writing part of fanfiction.
Er, actually, I put it down. I decided that the first post needed some sprucing up, so I'm going to repost it later.
If there's anyone who wants to join: I don't let just anybody who wants to join in the club. It's realy only for the really serious reviewers.

Basically, what UU Pokemon would you much like to see more? Do you even agree with the concept of UU Pokemon? Do you feel they make a fic more interesting? Like I said, this is very open so hopefully we can get many topic branches from this.
I always enjoy seeing UU Pokémon in fics. I love to see how they're portrayed and how the writer incorportaes them into the story.

I myself attempt to use UU Pokémon in my fics. I hate fics with all those really popular Pokémon: the starters, Pikachu, Larvitar, Eevee and so on. When you see an overused pokémon, you know that whoever wrote the fic lacks a bit or originality. Sure, every once in awhile you see someone with a pretty good fic that centers around an Eevee, but this is really rare.

I just like to see those Pokémon which nobody glances twice at. Sunkern, Quagsire, Ledian, Magmar, Chinchou, Dunsparce, Volbeat, remoraid, Pinsir, along those lines. I think the writer also has to be pretty good to pull this off.

~Psychic

AAMLfan
13th October 2005, 11:43 PM
Those Pokemon definitely makes the story more interesting. Once I hear "Pikachu" it gets me all annoyed and stuff. I may continue reading whatever it is, but if its just 'Pikachu this, Pikachu that" I lose interest in it completely.

Rarely seen Pokemon is what I'm lookin for! XD;; I just can't think of any right now since there's so many. o.O;; OOH, I'd like to see a Butterfree! Haven't seen one of those for a long time. XDD;;

The more UU Pokemon, the more original it gets! =D

Power Shot
15th October 2005, 12:53 AM
Yeah, but what's to say what is an UU Pokemon? I mean, we all know Pikachu of course will never be marked in that rank, but a lot of Ash's Pokemon seem to be UUs until he catches them.

Did you pay attention to Torkoal before Ash got him? I didn't but Torkoal's my favorite Pokemon now. What makes a Pokemon genually UU?

FlamingRuby
15th October 2005, 1:08 AM
I try to make my characters teams match teams I have used...UU or not

Tale
15th October 2005, 10:22 AM
What makes a Pokemon genually UU?

Just about all that you've said really =P. If Ash has got 'em, they're OU; very unfair really - seeing as you'll be at least sub-conciously accused of copying Ash himself. But yeah, I completely agree; all of Ash's Pokemon were rather UU before he caught them.
However, there are still some that are considered UU even though he's caught them before (Noctowl, Phanpy, Snorlax, Kingler, Muk) the thing is, he's left all these behind so they're not in the spotlight.

So yeah, I completely agree.

lilbluecorsola
15th October 2005, 10:45 PM

I don't necessarily agree with others that it's better to try and use 'UU' Pok&#233;mon over 'OU' Pok&#233;mon, nor do I believe including an OU Pok&#233;mon automatically make a fic bad. (More specifically, unoriginal.) The freshness and uniqueness of the character depends more heavily on the writer's ability to develop and portray him or her or it, at least in my opinion. An author can try to be original by incorporating plenty of UU Pok&#233;mon, but they can still be dull, boring characters all the same.

If a writer can take any given Pok&#233;mon, even commonly used ones, and create a new, interesting personality or history for them, I will respect them much more than someone who just writes about an ignored Pok&#233;mon to be oh so rebellious. For example, someone could write a story about a Pikachu born without the ability to store and release electrical energy from its cheek sacs, leaving it mostly unable to defend itself. It will have to learn to develop all its other abilities more acutely in order to survive. Perhaps the writer could go even further than that. Say it is given to an unsuspecting new trainer as his first Pok&#233;mon, and when he does find out his companion does not possess the same electrical powers as others of its kind, he feels cheated and despises it for being so weak compared to his friends' Pok&#233;mon. Perhaps he wanted to be just like the champion Ash Ketchum, whom he idolizes and respects. And later on questions such as this arise: If a Pok&#233;mon doesn't have the magical properties that puts their species a class above the mere common animal, is it still considered a Pok&#233;mon?

True, this idea could work for a great number of Pok&#233;mon, but I think that using a Pikachu, the overall mascot and representative of Pok&#233;mon and what they are, might be the best choice and would even complement it. Just imagine. Would the story still have quite the same effect if the rookie trainer were given, say, a Bellsprout without the ability to shoot leaves from its stem? Maybe to some it would, but not to me.

In short, I think that there really is no difference between OU and UU Pok&#233;mon, so long as the character itself is given unique attributes. Of course, we shouldn't be seeing Pikachus and Eevees and the like everywhere within one fic. Some variety is good. But when it comes to creating a character, developing all their points, it doesn't matter much who you choose for the role, so long as the story is fresh and yours choice complements the personality.

There. Rant done. And hm, now that idea is stuck with me and I may decide to develop on it. Or not. *thinks about it*

FlamingRuby
15th October 2005, 11:02 PM
Amen to that!

In short, it doesn't matter who you use for the teams, just so long as you make them realistic, and not a carbon copy of someone else's idea of how that Pokemon is supposed to act.

Proffesor Pikachu
16th October 2005, 12:01 AM
Can I join too please?I love writing fanfictions.Infact,I'm thinking one right now!

Tale
16th October 2005, 12:24 AM

I don't necessarily agree with others that it's better to try and use 'UU' Pok&#233;mon over 'OU' Pok&#233;mon, nor do I believe including an OU Pok&#233;mon automatically make a fic bad. (More specifically, unoriginal.) The freshness and uniqueness of the character depends more heavily on the writer's ability to develop and portray him or her or it, at least in my opinion. An author can try to be original by incorporating plenty of UU Pok&#233;mon, but they can still be dull, boring characters all the same.

If a writer can take any given Pok&#233;mon, even commonly used ones, and create a new, interesting personality or history for them, I will respect them much more than someone who just writes about an ignored Pok&#233;mon to be oh so rebellious. For example, someone could write a story about a Pikachu born without the ability to store and release electrical energy from its cheek sacs, leaving it mostly unable to defend itself. It will have to learn to develop all its other abilities more acutely in order to survive. Perhaps the writer could go even further than that. Say it is given to an unsuspecting new trainer as his first Pok&#233;mon, and when he does find out his companion does not possess the same electrical powers as others of its kind, he feels cheated and despises it for being so weak compared to his friends' Pok&#233;mon. Perhaps he wanted to be just like the champion Ash Ketchum, whom he idolizes and respects. And later on questions such as this arise: If a Pok&#233;mon doesn't have the magical properties that puts their species a class above the mere common animal, is it still considered a Pok&#233;mon?

True, this idea could work for a great number of Pok&#233;mon, but I think that using a Pikachu, the overall mascot and representative of Pok&#233;mon and what they are, might be the best choice and would even complement it. Just imagine. Would the story still have quite the same effect if the rookie trainer were given, say, a Bellsprout without the ability to shoot leaves from its stem? Maybe to some it would, but not to me.

In short, I think that there really is no difference between OU and UU Pok&#233;mon, so long as the character itself is given unique attributes. Of course, we shouldn't be seeing Pikachus and Eevees and the like everywhere within one fic. Some variety is good. But when it comes to creating a character, developing all their points, it doesn't matter much who you choose for the role, so long as the story is fresh and yours choice complements the personality.

There. Rant done. And hm, now that idea is stuck with me and I may decide to develop on it. Or not. *thinks about it*

What a fnatastic point. It's true how it all depends on the skill of the author, you can make a story line out of just about anything and, well, its unfair really, to restrict such things. I'm not for OU Pokemon at all, I think the idea, like you, is ludicrous - but I do like to see those rarer Pokemon pop up every now and again.
Professor Pikachu, yes you can join. Don't think I've seen you around, perhaps you're one to look out for in the future. Good luck with that fic btw. I'll add you to the list now - feel free to join the topic.

~RaikouRider243~
16th October 2005, 12:52 AM
Would I be able to join? I have read some fanfiction and have a three-part work in progress. Parts I and II have already been written, and part III is in its early stages yet.

I like a fic that features the Legndaries. One with a good plot.
I always look for good, original characters. Those are always interesting to read about.
It should have description. I hate fics that lack description, as I find that it's one of the most important aspects of writing. However some writers can pull off writing a good fic that doesn't have a great deal of description, which I always find impressive. I like different writing styles. Ones that are creative and new spark my interest.

Personally, I like well-written Legendary fics. Ones with fierce battles...and I'm a fan of fantasy stories too.

Anyone have any advice on how not to run into writer's block?
The most common type of writer's block is plot block. I avoided that in my fic trilogy by planning out the ENTIRE plot of a volume before I penned down the first word of chapter 1. Any other writer's block is inevitable. When you get it, put the fic away and do something totally different. Come back to it later, and you will be able to write as normal.

No, I just wanted to point something out with my fic series.

A question on the same lines: When Pokemon speak, do you write out a translation or leave the "Pika pika" gibberish as it is?
I only have Legendaries speak in my fic, and they are able to communicate using human language.

And someone else brought up the question of using music in a fic. To my knowledge, I was the first fanfic writer on the forum to make use of music in a story. It really adds to the feel of the situation when used correctly. It almost makes the fic feel like a movie.

Here is the three-part trilogy. It's a Legendary fic that isn't as popular as Chibi Pika's (man I want to know how she writes such captivating literature), but she couldn't get away from it. It was one of her favorites. Since this is a trilogy, you're probably not going to understand what's going on unless you read them in order.

Pok&#233;mon Origins: The Johto Saga <Volume I>
Pok&#233;mon Origins: Return of the Beasts <Volume II>
Pok&#233;mon Origins: The Grand Prix <Volume III>

FlamingRuby
16th October 2005, 1:18 AM
Course, I'm helping RaikouRider write Part 3 of said trilogy...

lilbluecorsola
16th October 2005, 1:38 AM

I've mostly written fics about Legendaries, and I do have them speak using words. I don't plan to ever need to have translations when writing a fic. Either they will speak normally for some reason or other, or they will say only their name. I think I'll try to refrain from writing down too much gibberish though. I'll probably just describe it more often as some animal cry.

Tale
16th October 2005, 3:05 AM
~RaikouRider243~ Yes, you can join. I've sen you without a doubt, around the Fan Art forums mainly, though I've never observed your writing works. It seems you're a very talented writer though, so welcome to the club ^_^

FlamingRuby
16th October 2005, 3:12 AM
A question: Have you ever built a soundtrack for a fic before?

I always have some form of a soundtrack for my major facs, usually they are anime and game songs, but every so often a real song is put on there.

katiekitten
17th October 2005, 9:41 AM
Hello everyone! :)

Question: Have you ever built a soundtrack for a fic before?

Not personally, no. I might be humming a song while typing it, but thats the closest I ever get. I don't relly know how to attach it... *looks sheepish*

Power Shot
17th October 2005, 10:28 PM
Well, sometimes I think of or listen to a song right before I write that gives me inspiration, but I never considered putting in music.

Psychic
17th October 2005, 10:48 PM
Have you ever built a soundtrack for a fic before?

The closest I've ever come was gaining inspiration for a fic from music.
As I mentioned earlier, I've gotten inspirtion from Phill Collins and Elton John. The sountracks they're in from Tarzan and The Road To El Doardo (respectively) have given me multiple ideas for fics.

It's an interesting idea, though. Maybe some day I'll find a bunch of songs I can use to relate to my fic. ^-^

~Psychic

FlamingRuby
17th October 2005, 11:15 PM
Today's question: How do you build a party for a journey fic?

I tend to follow the "Kanto Trio" rule: the hero/heroine as the "Ash", a close ally of the hero/heroine as the "Misty", and an intelligent ally as the "Brock".

~RaikouRider243~
18th October 2005, 12:19 AM
My party typically consists of three to five heroes that have known each other for a long time.

1) The hero will usually be the most well-rounded main character in the fic, though he will have his problems. He knows what he's doing in battle and can usually keep things straight in complex, critical situations.

In my Pokémon Origins series, Josh is a lot like this. His knowledge about physics, math, Pokémon, Pokémon battles, and fighting in general makes him able to make the most out of nearly any situation. In battle, he serves a function similar to a Warrior.

2) The first of the hero's companions will be a sometimes-arrogant, but generally lighthearted, physical brute. He is physically fit but possesses limited higher-level thinking abilities. Usually a hasty character, he will dive head-first into almost anything. Upon entering the story, he usually has adopted a "beat-the-hell-out-of-anything-that-moves" battle strategy.

In my Pokémon Origins series, Ace is a lot like this. His team either starts with power or sets up power. He wants to just muscle his way through anything, but often realizes you can't muscle your way through everything. His battle strategy fits that of a Monk.

3) The hero's second companion typically will be a skeptic, questioning everything he sees. He feels that the best offense is a good defense. In battle, he will defend or reinforce his team, waiting for the moment to strike. He will adapt this battle style to his speech, also. The adversary has to make a mistake sometime, and that's when he strikes.

In my Pokémon Origins series, Aravan is a lot like this. He has a very defensive personality in addition to a very defensive team. In battle, he would fit the role of a White Wizard.

The other two characters tend to have very mysterious backgrounds. All is revealed in time.

EDIT:::

Yes, for all of my fics. All video game music, too.

Pokémon Origins Trilogy
Volume I: The Johto Saga

01 - That Tragic Day (Song: Ancient Story --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
02 - Recollection (Song: Underground Activities --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
03 - Teams Unite (Song: Shinra, Inc. Theme --- Album: Final Fantasy VII OST)
04 - Nightmare (Song: Rival Battle --- Album: Pokémon Gold and Silver Gamerip)
05 - Hallucination (Song: Gym Theme --- Album: Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Gamerip)
06 - A Time to Play (Song: Route 101 Theme ---Album: Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Gamerip)
07 - Raid (Song: Bombing Mission --- Album: Final Fantasy VII OST)
08 - Faster, My Beast! (Song: Main Theme --- Album: Final Fantasy I and II OST - Disc 1: Final Fantasy)
09 - The Ultimate Test (Song: Summoned Beast Battle --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
10 - Success! (Song: Victory Fanfare --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
11 - Failure... (Song: Annihilated --- Album: Final Fantasy VI OSV)
12 - Skeptic and Cynical (Song: Two Question Marks --- Album: Final Fantasy VI OSV)
13 - A Change of Heart (Song: Rose's Theme --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
14 - Tense Situation (Song: Hurry!! --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
15 - Face Off (Song: Enemy Attack --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
16 - I'm Not Afraid to Die (Song: Dart's Theme --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
17 - Secret of the Beasts (Song: Master Sword --- Album: Zelda: Sound and Drama)
18 - Target Practice (Song: Normal Battle --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
19 - Slow Breakthrough (Song: Team Magma/Aqua Battle --- Album: Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire Gamerip)
20 - Departure (Song: Hopeless Desire --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
21 - Grim Revelation (Song: Metamorphosis --- Album: Final Fantasy VI OSV)
22 - There's a Rainbow at the End of the Tunnel (Song: Tower of the Magi --- Album: Final Fantasy I and II OST - Disc 2: Final Fantasy II)
23 - It's Now or Never (Song: Time of Judgment --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
24 - Last Stand (Song: Castle Pandaemonium --- Album: Final Fantasy I and II OST - Disc 2: Final Fantasy II)
25 - A Half-Step Too Slow (Song: The Empire "Gestahl" --- Album: Final Fantasy VI OSV)
26 - Problematic (Song: Boss Theme --- Album: Final Fantasy VII OST)
27 - Fierce Combat (Song: The Fierce Battle --- Album: Final Fantasy VI OSV)
28 - The Guardian of the Sea (Song: Zieg's Theme --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
29 - Apocalypse (Song: Battle! (Doom Dragon) --- Album: Golden Sun 1 & 2 Complete Gamerip)
30 - Knighted as Beast Riders (Song: Credits --- Album: Golden Sun 1 & 2 Complete Gamerip)
31 - The Need for Speed (Song: Lightning --- Album: F-Zero GX Gamerip)
32 - Best Friends Forever (Song: Awakening --- Album: Final Fantasy VI OSV)

Volume II: Return of the Beasts

01 - Dull, Ordinary Life (Song: Despair --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
02 - Suspicious (Song: Face Off --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
03 - Unrestrained Rage (Song: The Decisive Battle --- Album: Final Fantasy VI OSV)
04 - Admiration (Song: Reminisce --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
05 - Nightmare (Song: Run!! --- Album: Final Fantasy IV OST)
06 - Revealed Truth (Song: Divine Tree --- Album: Legend of Dragoon: Unreleased Tracks)
07 - What's the Game Plan? (Song: The Debate --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
08 - Mythical City (Song: Royal Capital Kadessa --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
09 - The Bright Side (Song: Illusionary World --- Album: Final Fantasy IV OST)
10 - Fighting Practice (Song: Minor Boss --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
11 - The Dark Side (Song: The Empire's Army --- Album: Final Fantasy I and II OST - Disc 2: Final Fantasy II)
12 - Deception (Song: Death City Mayfil --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
13 - Something's Amiss (Song: Danger Up Ahead! --- Album: Legend of Dragoon: Unreleased Tracks)
14 - Uncontrollable Speed (Song: Crisis --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
15 - Aggressive Creatures (Song: Battle --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
16 - A Tragedy Waiting to Happen (Song: Prepare for Battle --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
17 - Behind Enemy Lines (Song: Appearance of the Virage --- Album: Legend of Dragoon: Unreleased Tracks)
18 - Back Attack (Song: Ruin Battle --- Album: Legend of Dragoon: Unreleased Tracks)
19 - Victory (Song: Ruin Victory --- Album: Legend of Dragoon: Unreleased Tracks)
20 - Divisive Battle (Song: Major Boss --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
21 - War of Legends (Song: Cipher Peon Battle --- Album: Pokémon Colosseum Complete Gamerip)
22 - Higher Order (Song: Catastrophe --- Album: Final Fantasy VI OSV)
23 - Last Battle I (Song: Melbu Frahma --- Album: Legend of Dragoon OST)
24 - Last Battle II (Song: Otherworld --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)
25 - Celebration (Song: Blitz Off! --- Album: Final Fantasy X OST)

Power Shot
18th October 2005, 12:55 AM
Hmmm. how do I choose characters?

In The Shattered Sword, I haven't revealed all the characters yet, but I'm not telling yet! I choose them for their uniqueness, I hate unoriginal things.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
18th October 2005, 12:53 PM
I'll join. I'm writing a Fic at the moment(*gasp*), so I thought this would be a good club to join[/obvious].

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Tale
18th October 2005, 6:02 PM
Commander Blizzard, yar you can join. I've seen you, seen you review a couple of times - hope you'll turn out to be a good author. Welcome!

Fanfic soundtracks - oui, I'm doing one right now. I'm expecting to involve lots of music in my upcoming fic, giving each chapter a particular song that it suits. I think music goes great with writing.

Teams, I answered in your thread =P

Remember FR, only I can post topics at the moment (co-owners once I appoint them). Though these are questions that may be helping you, I'll let you off. But no generalized topics unless its to aid you.
As for the current topic, if nobody replies to it within a day, I'll post a new one. I also must get a co-owner...

~RaikouRider243~
18th October 2005, 7:09 PM
Fanfic soundtracks - oui, I'm doing one right now. I'm expecting to involve lots of music in my upcoming fic, giving each chapter a particular song that it suits. I think music goes great with writing.

Agreed. It almost turns a fic into a movie when you add the music. I take it you use music from (older) video games, too? Most of that stuff is in public domain now anyway to my knowledge.

Tale
18th October 2005, 7:15 PM
Actually, I'm not too fond of using computer game soundracks. It would remind people too much of the video game itself =P. No, I pefer to use real music, as that is the music that inspires me anyway.
Though I might in the future.

Nylf
18th October 2005, 7:19 PM
Figured I'd better join. 4+ fics and not one great. Oh well, I'm getting better. Anyway on topic:

I'm planning on doing so. The next chapter of the 31 day promise is going to have loads of songs from the series and movies(If Only Tears Could Bring You Back, I love that one!), since Ash and Misty are going to this couples dance, and it continues the serious theme I put on my AAML. It isn't all fun and romance, I'm trying to put Ash and Misty's real thoughts on this. The angst I believe it's called, and the humour is supplied by Pikachu and Ho-oh.(Original idea. I justified it and everything. Ho-oh's in the fic, since I know how he could be, since I link every fic together. I'm trying to link Metal Virus at the moment)And all the songs bring back differant memories( Together Forever I've done a preview of, Bring you Back I think you can guess, and some others. Misty's song leads to more a read between the lines idea of mine.)

On the party thing, I varie:

Emerald Lands: Ruby type of person(Not based on the real hero, hand made,but still alighned to Ruby via his hair being red), using mainly offensive Pokemon and being the boyfriendsoon to be ex! of the Sapphire character.
Sapphire type of person(Again, original character, her hairs blue), uses all Water Pokemon and her boyfriends the ruby guy(she dumps him for emerald).
Emerald type of person(Once more, original, his hair and hoody's green), uses the Pokemon from the Emerald intro plus two more, and fancies the Sapphire character. Related to all my favourite characters(Drake of the Elite Four)

NL, NH: Sieg: Me
Tila: Girl I know
Cane: Friend of mine
Derek: Another firend of mine.

Tale
18th October 2005, 7:31 PM
Welcome to the club SF. I hope this does improve your skills - don't be afraid to ask anything and be sure to get full into topic discussions for good results. I've seen you a lot, you certainly do hang around the fan fic forum most of the time and I've seen a lot of your reviews.
Again, welcome to the club.

pisces_beedrill
18th October 2005, 7:32 PM
may i please join? my story (http://www.angelfire.com/crazy4/unown/earth__flame_and_water.html)

Tale
18th October 2005, 7:33 PM
Yes, you can join. Don't think I've seen you much, but welcome - I hope you enjoy it here.

pisces_beedrill
18th October 2005, 7:37 PM
thanx. yeah, i have posted my stories here...

on the current topic: no i have not. just a banner

Psychic
18th October 2005, 8:20 PM
piscese, please don't double post. You can just as easily Edit your above post. That way, you wouldn't break a club rule.

And on the topic of Fic Soundtracks: I don't like using soundtracks from games either. Just because that kind of music is meant for the video game and is harder to incorporate into other things. I think you can use soundtracks from plays or movies, but just not video games.

~Psychic

Elemental Charizam
18th October 2005, 8:26 PM
*bashes club in with stell club*

I mean, uh.... Can I join? Link to my fic in ma siggy, you know you wanna read it! Or not :p

Tale
18th October 2005, 8:48 PM
XP yeah you can join EC *laughs slyly at the advertisement* heheheh...

Don't think I've seen you Elemental Charzam. Not at all. =D

*Gets to work on repairing club*

FlamingRuby
18th October 2005, 10:04 PM
Today's question: What would you say is your favorite style to write?

I've been told I'm good at doing music in a fic right...

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
18th October 2005, 10:34 PM
Define style >_> Seriously, I dunno what style specifies. 'Tis a broad topic.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Tale
18th October 2005, 11:30 PM
!Important Post!

Ok, I just need to say that Psychic has been declared as the new Co-owner and now has permission to basically do all the things I can do - ban members, warn members, reinforce the rules. So no arguments once she uses such power (lol, power).

ALSO: A new rule has been created and must be comprehended to allow an organised club. Prohibitors will be banned I suppose. Also, a new title at the bottom of my first post is declaring the current topic. Read to understand more, any qualms, send me a PM.

'Tis all.

P.S. My preferred writing style...I don't know really; I enjoy adventures but I haven't written enough to decide my favourite. I'm into romance at the moment though.

lilbluecorsola
19th October 2005, 12:52 AM
Writing style? oO; Er, I'm not sure what you mean... I guess I like to always try and write using common ideas, but I like to show a different side to the story.

FlamingRuby
19th October 2005, 1:17 AM
Just to let you know, I've released a new entry of "Born to Be a Champion: Pikachu's Johto Diaries", so come review if you like.

pisces_beedrill
19th October 2005, 8:17 AM
What would you say is your favorite style to write?

if by writing style you mean genre, i write mystical stories. typing the 7th chapter of my story now.

oh and i get my stories from cartoons and other stories. the way the author puts in great ideas. i also do that. my stories are always mixed.

q: did anyone bother to read my story in the link i posted?

Blackjack Gabbiani
19th October 2005, 10:05 AM
Oh, I'm totally in.

And I bring a link! http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=91256 is my Steelshippy fic "Misappropiation".

~RaikouRider243~
19th October 2005, 3:25 PM

The only style I've ever written in was Action/Suspense. I'm not that much of a writer. I just wanted to write something so the Pokémon fans on this forum will understand that the three legendary Beasts will carry riders. XD

Hey, they're huge! And they only seem to be ticked off at humans because we burned down the Brass Tower way back when. Hell, before then, I think they would let anyone ride them. Thus, that's where my fic series came from...that idea.

I've been talking with Chibs, and she says once her wireless router is up, she'll be able to review my fic in a PM. I'm so happy that someone famous around here is finally reviewing my fic :)

pisces_beedrill
19th October 2005, 3:59 PM
lucky. i have a proffesional writer on another forum my story. earth, flame and water. here is a new link. i deleted my other website. here (http://www.geocities.com/pidgey_chuk/efw.html) anyone who reads it and give me a review, i shall be very grateful...

FlamingRuby
19th October 2005, 4:16 PM
Today's question: What would be the craziest thing you've made a character do?

Mine would be the time I made Brock do a tap dance routine to impress Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy

Tale
19th October 2005, 4:49 PM
Blackjack Gabbiani, of course you're in. I've seen you - and you are a very well known author in my books so I'm glad could join seeing as I know you'll give some of the most useful tips.

Also I need to clear some things up.

pisces, you're question may have been inncoent but make sure you dont ask if anyone has clicked your link again, not only is it advertising but it's kind of hassling the members. It's the peoples' choice wether they decide to take a look or not, and I'm afraid your click may never be clicked at all. As I said, this is not a place to advertise.

FlamingRuby, I'm afraid your topic/question is too generalised and it is not the kind of question that would be asked to help. This means you're going against the new rule and you cannot post a new topic stragiht after your first one. Be sure to familiarise yourself with the new rule otherwise I'm afraid I'm gonna have to do something...bad...

Welcome to the club, Blackjack Gibbiani.

Elemental Charizam
19th October 2005, 6:30 PM
But seeing as its a new day, somebody else can introduce one, right?

If so: Do you have any plans to become a professional writer, and if so any ideas on what you'd publish?

FlamingRuby
19th October 2005, 6:55 PM
Oops..sorry about that...

wobbanut
19th October 2005, 8:40 PM
Today's question: What would you say is your favorite style to write?

I like writing dramas with humor mixed in in places. I've only done a couple of comedies, but it takes a lot of effort to keep the humor going. Of course this was with Xena fanfics, and Xena really is a drama with humor sprinkled in. With the Pokemon fanfics I have planned, though, at least two are pure comedies (including one that has to be the dreaded script because of anime-style visual gags). I guess it's just easier with Pokemon because it mostly is comedy.

What would be the craziest thing you've made a character do?

Well, in a Salem Witch trials parody in my Xena fanfics, I had Xena dress up as a real witch and make them give Gabrielle back to her. I still chuckle every time I think about it. :)

~RaikouRider243~
19th October 2005, 9:09 PM
Do you have any plans to become a professional writer, and if so any ideas on what you'd publish?

No. My fic is just there to tell people what I think about the Beasts.

Burnt Flower
19th October 2005, 9:57 PM
Whoa, I've just found this club... o.o

Anyway, I've written three one-shots and only one-chaptered story: The link is on my Paint-done banner if anybody's curious. I think I'm definitely going to enjoy my stay here. ;)

I'll answer some questions later on. :3

Tale
19th October 2005, 10:11 PM
Burnt Flower, the horror mistress...welcome to the club! Of course I've seen you, I've read a chapter of Two of a Kind so far. I am positive that your contributions will be of very high quality - but no pressure or anything ^.^

FR, dont worry 'bout it, we all make mistakes, eh?

Do you have plans on becoming a professional writer, if so, any ideas on what you'd publish?

I plan on becoming an author - though I can only hope. I'm not too sure right now on what kind of things I'd publish though, perhaps fantasy, perhaps romance. Again, I'm not too sure, I have no favourite genre really ^_^;;

Welcome to the club Burnt Flower!

Power Shot
19th October 2005, 10:53 PM
Oh, I'm posting the next chapters of my two fics,if anyone's interested.

I do plan to be pro writer, 'cause I want to work at Nintendo, I'm pretty sure that a qualification.

Congradulations Psychic!

FlamingRuby
19th October 2005, 11:00 PM
I would like to be a pro writer...but I'd also like to teach others how to write as well...

lilbluecorsola
20th October 2005, 12:31 AM
*waves to the horror mistress* Welcome!

Do you have plans on becoming a professional writer, if so, any ideas on what you'd publish?

This sounds familiar... Well, I hope to be, though I really have no idea what I'd write about. I have trouble coming up with new ideas as it is. oO;

Burnt Flower
20th October 2005, 2:07 AM
Thanks for the welcome Tale and Blue! :D

I think this would be a good time as any to answer some questions! =)

I'd really love to become a writer but I know the competition's tough and I have almost to zero chance to ever make a living out of writing stories (damn my pessimism). Which is a shame since I absolutely love to write though I suffer from extreme procrastination and that could cause some problems if I ever seriously decided to become a professional at this. However, if luck was on my side, I guess I'd make a short compilation made up entirely from horror one-shots.

Aalitichi
20th October 2005, 2:25 AM
Uhm, I'm not really that great a writer, but can I join anyways?

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
20th October 2005, 2:44 AM
Do you have any plans to become a professional writer, and if so any ideas on what you'd publish?

Well, I don't PLAN to become a professional writer, but I suppose if all else failed....

Meh, I dunno what I'd publish. I suppose Hoenn's Legacy would be a good option, but my reputation would be tarnished immediately by being linked to a Pokémon story, since we all know how accepted it is in soceity T-T I suppose fantasy would be my best course, being my strong point. Maybe a story about some alternate dimension, or an alien world, or life through an ape's eyes *shrugs*

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

AAMLfan
20th October 2005, 3:11 AM
Ooh, I haven't been here for awhile, sorry. ^^;;;

Hm...well its possible if I don't accomplish any of my other goals. ._.;; What would I publish...something fantasy/romance. XDD;;; Maybe something adventure/action. Even if I did publish a Poke fic, I don't think it would be accepted anyways. o.O;; Gotta go through and get permission and stuff.

~RaikouRider243~
20th October 2005, 4:31 AM
Hm...well its possible if I don't accomplish any of my other goals. ._.;; What would I publish...something fantasy/romance. XDD;;; Maybe something adventure/action. Even if I did publish a Poke fic, I don't think it would be accepted anyways. o.O;; Gotta go through and get permission and stuff.

Don't even try to go there. Even if you ask Nintendo kindly to even consider using your fanfiction for anything, they will immediately throw it in the trashcan, not even giving it a read at all.

Power Shot
20th October 2005, 4:33 AM
Yeah, for Nintendo is afraid of people stealing their ideas. You really need to make an impression on big companies for them to even look at you.

~RaikouRider243~
20th October 2005, 5:17 AM
Yeah, for Nintendo is afraid of people stealing their ideas. You really need to make an impression on big companies for them to even look at you.

No, Nintendo actually has a company a rule on fan fiction. It's "I don't care if you're the best writer in the world, we're throwing your work in the trash can because it's our idea. So what if your story would make a great plot for a new console Pokémon RPG? We don't give a damn."

pisces_beedrill
20th October 2005, 7:34 AM

i plan on being a part-time writer. that way, if my books don't sell, i won't suffer. i would publish my story, earth, flame and water (http://www.geocities.com/pidgey_chuk/efw.html)

katiekitten
20th October 2005, 11:58 AM

I am just like you, pisces. I plan on becoming a part time writer when I am older and better. I don't like taking risks.

What story would I publish? Probably Waters Deep, my horror story, when it is finished. It has no pokemon in it, so Nintendo won't throw a tizzy. Maybe Phoenix if I un Pokemon it... It could be possible. You never know... :)

pisces_beedrill
20th October 2005, 12:08 PM
okay, i just wanna see peoples banners they had made for thier story. i am curious, a banner can say alot about a story.

Tale
20th October 2005, 4:39 PM
Aalitichi, you're in. It doesn't amtter if you're not that great at writing, this is what the club is for. I haven't seen you at all, but I hope this club will help you.
Welcome ^.^

~RaikouRider243~
20th October 2005, 5:35 PM
okay, i just wanna see peoples banners they had made for thier story. i am curious, a banner can say alot about a story.

I have one in my signature, but Tezza did it a long time ago.

Nylf
20th October 2005, 8:43 PM
Do you want to become a proffesional writer?
Nope, this is just for fun.

Mine was made by Dark Latias. I think it says I'm the only weirdo to put Ho-oh as a main character in an AAML. That and it's set at Christmas.

Elemental Charizam
20th October 2005, 10:15 PM
I never answered my own question XD

Personally, I would like to be a professional writer. I already have a huge shell of an idea, and a couple of characters. As far as genres are concerned, I suppose it would be Fantasy/Action...

As for my banner, it was created by P-Arts, and represents Jirachi having a rather unpleasant time. Poor guy ;)

FlamingRuby
20th October 2005, 10:39 PM
I don't suppose it would be okay to throw out a fresh topic on the floor, would it?

Tale
20th October 2005, 10:41 PM
of course it would FR. You're just not permitted to post two topics in a row.

Don't worry about last time, you just misread or skipped my post I'm sure.

So yeah, go ahead.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
21st October 2005, 1:47 AM
Well, I don't have a Banner, and I don't necessarily need one. I like my RegiGroup picture a lot, and it gets the same message across as a banner would(for the most part). I'm too lazy to make/ask for a banner anyway:p.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Power Shot
21st October 2005, 3:30 AM
Oh, I'll give a topic today.

What Books Help Inspire You in Writing?
For me, I have been inspired by the Deltora Quest books. The Legend of Zelda: The Shattered Sword, is actually based around the same format as the books, with lots of plot twists. At the end of the fan-fic, Horus *censored by Power Shot*

~RaikouRider243~
21st October 2005, 5:53 AM

My inspiration in writing my fic series (especially The Johto Saga) came from the story behind the legendaries of Pok&#233;mon Gold and Silver. I was randomly checking stuff in Ecruteak, when I stumbled upon a notebook containing the story behind the Beasts. I also got inspirations from other RPGs like the Final Fantasy series.

pisces_beedrill
21st October 2005, 7:59 AM
on current topic: harry potter {duh!}, midnight for charlie bone, the prophecy of the gems, and the rest were cartoons. i have read over a million books and so i cannot remember them all but the books i mentioned are my main inspirires

Tale
21st October 2005, 9:35 AM
Oooh, very decent topic, Power Shot.

What books help inspire you in writing?

Eragon, Harry Potter, Shadowmancer. I have to regretfully admit that I do not read much at all - though I know I should. However, I do take a lot of inspiration for Pokemon fics through the fanfics here at SPPF (the good ones, of course).

pisces_beedrill
21st October 2005, 9:50 AM
okay, this topic goes with the one power shot made:
what is your writing technique

okay, what i do is i write a total copy of a story i just read, in my own version, then i transform it into my own story.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
21st October 2005, 12:49 PM

That's tough to say, actually. I don't really have much of a technique. Generally, I just think of what I'd like to happen next and make it so that it sounds believable. There are other times when I don't even plan it out, and just make it up when I go along:p.

Mostly FanFictions here, but I do get a few ideas from the Inheritance Trilogy and the Harry Potter Series. Not much, but when I read at night, sometimes I'll stumble across a potential moment that I feel I could twist and adapt to fit my own story. Plagiarism, in other words:p:p. J/k. I also get ideas from movies at times. Pirates of the Caribbean is one. There's a part in it which I plan to replicate once I reach Part 3 of Hoenn's Legacy.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

FlamingRuby
21st October 2005, 3:24 PM
I get my inspiration all over the place! Books, movies, cartoons, other anime, games, songs, you name it!

Some of my memorable inspirations:

My sadly defunct fic "Heroes of Legend" borrowed some ideas from Sailor Moon (the whole transforming into superheroes routine), Digimon Frontier" (bonding with Legendaries to become said superheroes), and plot ideas from various RPGs

GoldenHouou
21st October 2005, 3:29 PM
May I join?
Even though I have only posted one fic in here, I am writing five fics at the time. Not sure will I post them though, but meh. ^_^

Tale
21st October 2005, 3:44 PM
Yep, you can join. I've seen you, you're in an RPG I'm partaking in ^_^ and from what I've seen, you're pretty good at writing.

Welcome to the club!

GoldenHouou
21st October 2005, 4:03 PM
Thanks. ^_^
Yes, I remember you too from "The form we take"
Anyways... *Looks around for the current topic*

I don&#180;t usually read books, just other&#180;s fanfics in the net or comics. But I do remember one fic I used to read. There one girl had a guardian Pok&#233;mon or sonething. It was Ho-Oh&#180;s son. <3 Meh, but anyway, I guess I got the guardian thingie I have going from there, although only the name is the same.

The other four fics I have... Well I saw few fics telling about Pok&#233;mon from their POW, so I made Difference being one too. But there is three Pok&#233;mon, living far away of each other and all. The one is not Pok&#233;mon related, but when one person pointed out that two characters from Baten Kaitos (A game) could have seen each other when they were young, since they lived in the same city and all, I tried to think of others whom could have seen and made "When friends become foes". The other two... Meh, the one is just something weird, I don&#180;t even have a title for it yet, and the other is about Absol. I remember reading a story of it long, long ago. But its not the same and I still don&#180;t have a name for it.

But I usually get my inspiration just suddenly, when I&#180;m delivering papers. At least, I get all the craziest ideas then, or just think deeper plots to the stories I already have, or just make up future chapters.

~RaikouRider243~
21st October 2005, 4:15 PM

I write a somewhat detailed outline of the entire fic before I even start on writing chapter 1. For my battle scenes, I make a combat outline, such as this.

Action: 1
Attacker: Josh
Attack: Bolt3
Target: Wingull
Damage: 9999
HP: 0/1106 - KO

Repeat for each action until one side has been annihilated, then fic-atize it. The typical battle will be from 20 to 30 actions long.

katiekitten
21st October 2005, 5:12 PM

Hmm... Loads of books really. I like to read a lot. Tamora Pierce's quartets and two parter of Tortall I really enjoy. I am having a difficult time deciding when to stop decribing, sometimes I have too much, sometimes to little. I try to judge on how much by checking authors amount of description. She always has heriones, so do I . (In Phoenix, I considered making a man but every time I tried to vizualize the story in my head a picture of Conan the Babarian kept on popping up. Never watch that movie, by the way. Its rubbish)

Other books... Eragon, The Bartimaes trilogy, I would list more, but I can't remember them at the moment. :)

Brian Powell
21st October 2005, 5:16 PM
Hey, can I join?

*Checks today's topic* What books help inspire you in writing?

I don't normally read books, just fics, but the latest proper book I was reading recently was Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire but I haven't finished yet. My favourite books so far is 'HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban' and 'Have a nice day' by Mick Foley. Yet, they didn't inspire me to write my fics.

Mainly, it's reading other people's fics, like WaterBlaster's 'A pair of Two Doubles' and watching TV that inspired me to write my fics.

*Checks Raikourider's question*what is your writing technique
Firstly, I imagine images of actions and background in my head first and then I let my fingers do the typing. I often think about a sort of action that would excite my audience but first I always have to think up a part that would set that 'sparking' moment.

Quick question: Am I allowed to answer any past questions that I missed out?

pisces_beedrill
21st October 2005, 5:26 PM
sometimes, i don't think, i sit in a nice meadow/garden and write without planning or thinking. it is really helpful.

lilbluecorsola
21st October 2005, 9:38 PM
What books help inspire you in writing?

My inspiration usually comes from Fanfictions, but I've also been inspired by a book I recently read called A Great and Terrible Beauty. Good book.

What is your writing technique?

For One-Shots, I usually just pick an idea and start working on it. I don't do much planning, though sometimes I'll start by thinking of a cool ending line. (^.^) When I do start a chaptered fanfic, I may write an outline that'll help plan out what will happen in each chapter.

Nylf
21st October 2005, 10:00 PM
What books inspire you?
None. I read other peoples fanfiction. Much more interesting.

What's your writing style?
Honest. If a character's personality means they would swear in a situation, they do. If I think something is stupid, I make my characters point it out. If I write something i find unbelievable, my characters think that. With Emerald Lands, I look at the game, look for a good point then ANNIHALATE the in game story and stick my own in. NL, Nh, I just dream it up as I go along, my plots very loose. Metal Virus I follow the story of the comic, but go more in-depth and my AAML I think "What would be the stupidest possible arrangement for this chapter?" thus chapter 21 has Ho-oh give Ash "The Talk". ROTFLOL hilarious. And chapter 4 reveals Mewtwo's a Pokeshipper and Ho-oh's that and a show-off, and Pikachu runs a Pokemon pokeshipping society. I really do wonder where that concept came from to be honest.

Burnt Flower
21st October 2005, 10:32 PM
What books inspire you?
Out of my old collection (not many books are sold here) I got inspired by one of Stephen King's books, "Everything's Eventual" and everytime I reread the Harry Potter series. "The Rise of Endymion" by Dan Simmons also inspired me in some way. But fanfictions definitely play a great role to inspire me. :)

What's your writing style?
Err...disturbing? :p Well, I don't do much planning for one-shots though I have to have an opening and an ending line (just like Blue) in mind before I start writing it - that's the most essential thing in my one-shots. For my chaptered story, I already got it all planned out in a journal. :3 I get lots and lots of idea every day but I either discard them because they're too horrific or my laziness doesn't let me. XD

Power Shot
21st October 2005, 10:48 PM
Well, fan-fics do technically count as books.

FlamingRuby
21st October 2005, 11:25 PM
My writing style...when I start a chaptered story, I make profiles of the characters I plan to use (if I'm using original characters). Everything about the character is meticulously planned, from his/her name to what special powers he/she has.

If I'm using the existing characters, I just have to get a plot idea and then I start.

Psychic
21st October 2005, 11:29 PM

Well, Animorphs was my first inspiration. I have to admit that my first chaptered story was based off the idea of an alien giving kids the power to turn into animals. *blushes*
Redwall is actually a book that helps me relax and from it I get ideas for less action-ish stories that revolve more around a few people, their relationships and emotions.
I'm currently reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (after seeing the movie) and I think that this book is really stimulating as well. Makes you think, you know?
The Silverwing series as well. That got me thinking about human/animal relationships, one of the things that I got the idea for writing my One Shot, Cries In The Dark (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=59136) from.

Oh, and thanks, Power Shot! ^-^ I HAVE DA POWER!

~Psychic

wobbanut
21st October 2005, 11:35 PM
Oh, I'll give a topic today.

The books that inspired me the most were the Sweet Valley Saga books by Francine Pascal (a branch of the Sweet Valley High/Twins/Kids/SVU book series). They detailed the men and women who came before the kids in the present day, stretching back 100-200 years. It's been a real inspiration for my Xena "ubers", which are set anywhere from a few years after their present day to fifty years ago.

Writing technique: I start with a plot, brainstorm how to write the story, then follow it but add things as I go along. Sometimes I've written stories that have barely had a plot to start with but wrote themselves as they went along. A story I wrote just last year came about just like that. I only know what I wanted to happen- a wedding- and when the story would take place. Everything else was adlibbed as I went along, and it turned out to be a pretty good story. I also had a biting (and I mean BITING) satire story of a Xena episode trilogy that I abhorred, and it was only after I was partway into it that I found a structure for the story other than ripping the trilogy to shreds- the old play "Six Characters in Search of an Author".

Tale
21st October 2005, 11:39 PM
Woah o_o lots of posts. But Brian Powell, welcome.

Of course I've seen you - apparently you're great at the comedy one-shots. I know you're an excellent writer and reviewer so you should be a good member. Welcome!
Oh and yes, of course you can answer past questions.

Power Shot
22nd October 2005, 12:12 AM
*warning, lame joke alert* No, I have da Power, Psychic, 'cause I'm Power Shot! *end of lame joke alert*

Animorphs, I remember that series, I used to read it all the time. It's a good series if you're looking for something original, I always found it inspiring.

FlamingRuby
22nd October 2005, 12:16 AM
I read Animorphs too, and was really bummed at the ending...

pisces_beedrill
22nd October 2005, 8:39 AM
i love animorphs. but they are sci-fi, i only write magic

FlamingRuby
22nd October 2005, 4:05 PM
Is it safe to toss a fresh topic on the floor yet?

Psychic
22nd October 2005, 4:30 PM
Yes, FlamingRuby, you can start a new topic today. ^-^

~Psychic

pisces_beedrill
22nd October 2005, 4:50 PM
hey, i just finished typing the 6th chapter of earth, flame and water. (http://www.geocities.com/pidgey_chuk/efw.html) if u wanna give me a riview, which'll be appreciated, pm me

FlamingRuby
22nd October 2005, 4:59 PM
Okay! New topic coming on the floor:

What was the most random inspiration you had for a fic chapter or fic?

~RaikouRider243~
22nd October 2005, 5:17 PM

The Blitzball minigame from Final Fantasy 10 inspired a soccer game scene at the end of Return of the Beasts.

pisces_beedrill
22nd October 2005, 5:36 PM
well, the gift a book, made me make tribes in my story...

Nylf
22nd October 2005, 5:46 PM
On the topic:
The most random was that I thought "What would be the stupidest thing ever?" and I then made Mewtwo, Rayquaza, Ho-oh, Suicune, Celebi, Jirachi, Charizard, Kingler, Tauros, Snorlax, Gyarados, Mew, Latias, Latios, Bulbasaur, Meowth, Grovyle, Phanpy, Larvitar, Noctowl, Bayleef, Swellow, Onix, Geodude, Crobat, Forretress, Squirtle, Lugia(WI), Lugia(OI), LugiaJr.(Silver), Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Pidgeot, Butterfree, Heracross, Totodile, Cyndaquil, Muk and Pikachu Pokeshippers in my AAML. I really think I went overboard, but it really was just a random thought.

FlamingRuby
22nd October 2005, 7:01 PM
My most random inspiration came while writing my TCG fic, "The Heart of the Cards: A Pokemon TCG Adventure" I had the radio on while writing, and I had it set to the classic rock station (because there was nothing good on the popular stations) On this particular night, they were in the middle of a set of 50's era songs...and the song "Personality" came on...and I felt the lyrics screamed "Brock"!

So I made Brock do a song and dance routine to that song (complete with a chorus line, and made the whole chapter revolve around said routine.

pisces_beedrill
22nd October 2005, 7:06 PM
did you accually write a song?

Power Shot
22nd October 2005, 7:10 PM
That is random! I got a few ideas from somewhere in my brain.

Horus in The Shattered Sword is inspired from Horus the Black Flame Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh, but a lot of my stuff is original. I will say this, I plan to have a Full Metal Alchemist reference in that story. It'll blow your mind.

My own original story, called 7 Years, is based partially on Dragon Ball Z. No one knows all the details yet, I'm still working it out, but part of it going to be based off of the fight with Cell.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
23rd October 2005, 12:29 AM
Er, I don't know. I don't exactly catalogue my past inspirations, and after 20 Chapters, you can't expect me to remember one in particular. I guess the most random inspiration is the Fic in the first place. I thought it up one Sunday, sitting in church. I dunno if the message actually inspired me, or if it was just one of those random moments. All I remember is spending the rest of the service plotting it(which, in retrospect, I probably shouldn't have done. It is church, after all).

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Burnt Flower
23rd October 2005, 8:32 PM
Ahh, the Animorphs series. Brings good memories up till that unsatisfying ending which made me gape at the last page. :P

I have lots of random inspirations (one of them was when I was inspired by just looking at a dusty cactus), but no one tops the inspiration I got back in 2002 which led me to create the whole universe of Two of a Kind. It started out when the first Hoenn picture, which featured no Misty, was leaked out and all the Misty and Pokeshipping fans panicked. One of them made the most bizarre theories I've ever seen which involved May and it was so outrageous, it remained in my mind for a long time and made me write Two of a Kind. I can't say what that theory was since it would ruin a vital part of the plot, but it was extremely strange and desperate.

Power Shot
24th October 2005, 4:56 AM
Oh, another random inspiration.

The Madra in The Shattered Sword are inspired by those little guys with Yogart in Spaceballs, only they're normal size.

Just as a question, how do you make spoiler tags?

Brian Powell
24th October 2005, 10:20 AM
Woah o_o lots of posts. But Brian Powell, welcome.

Of course I've seen you - apparently you're great at the comedy one-shots. I know you're an excellent writer and reviewer so you should be a good member. Welcome!
Oh and yes, of course you can answer past questions.

Thank you. I’m not only writing comedy one-shots, I’m also writing up my main fic, Pokemon Impact (Now on it’s third series), which has got a lot of action and pokemon battles if anyone’s interested and a bunch of romance/shipping one shots inspired and based on some great love songs.

Now, since I’m allowed to answer those past questions, I shall do so to get myself up to speed *Stretches arms*. You guys don’t have to answer those if you already have.

Nothing in particular. As long as it’s not in script writing, not short, if it’s got good descriptions and it interests me, I’ll enjoy it.

Yes, I think so. Either as a hobby or a job or maybe both.

I just comment on what I think - how good it is, how bad it is, the descriptions, favourite moments, etc., and, if I have the time, show them the speliing/grammar/ tense errors on their fics and then rate them out of 5.

I can’t help but feel sorry for those UU pokemon. I think the reason why people write the pokemon that are often is probably because they are attracted by the characters’ appearances in the anime or in the game or the way they use their attacks.

I could provide a long list of pokemon that I think are being underused or that I don’t see much but I think that take up a lot of spacing for the rest of my answers.

For those of you that are having doubts of writing a fic that contains UU pokemon in case you get bad feedback, just write the thing. As long those guys do something good, like Magikarp or Feebas, anything would be fine.

When Pokemon speak, do you write out a translation or leave the "Pika pika" gibberish as it is?
It depends. In series 1 and 2 of my main fic, I mainly did the translation when the pokemon are talking to each other. In PI3, there are and will be a lot of pokemon translations because the main character understands the language. I also did Pichu’s translations while I was doing those comedy one-shots.

Yes I have. I have chosen a love song for each of my shipping one-shots cos it goes with the story. I have one song for the first series of PI, two songs of my second series and I will be finding more for my fics in future.

How do you build a party for a journey fic?
I don’t know if this counts cos my fic’s more of an action fic than a journey fic. In the second series, I had one of the characters from the anime, officer Jenny, to round up the other characters to take down a criminal organisation. The third series, I plan for the character to team up with my main character in different situation.

Recently, the writing styles/genres I’ve been writing were romance/shipping, comedy and action. I’ve been planning to write a horror fic but I don’t know whether to put it up or not because of the genre’s lack of popularity (apart from Burnt Flower’s fics). For favourites, I haven’t got one in particular cos I enjoy writing them. Reading… that’s a different story.

What would be the craziest thing you've made a character do?
LOL Check out my comedy one-shots and find out. Everything that Team Rocket and 'Jerry' did was always crazy. LOL

Not a professional writer but a storywriter for games. But if that fails, I might write a few things that are stuck to the back of my head.

I was watching this entertainment show that only showed in the UK when my favourite entertainers were doing a funny act, that was the moment I thought about Team Rocket and decided to write a comedy one-shot starring them in a ‘random’ kind of way since I was mainly focusing on my main fic PI. Then, more of those TV moments came into my head and I decided to write more.

Keep this in mind people, a random thought can make a story.

Well, that’s all the questions (I think) I have answered. I hope to I’ll see you all in a bit.

pisces_beedrill
24th October 2005, 12:19 PM
wow, that is alot of stuff. lemme start a new topic: which person do u find most inspirational?

Tale
24th October 2005, 12:49 PM
Sorry I haven't been on for a while guys - especially FR for missing your topic >.<;
Anyways, to answer it...

Most of my ideas come from songs, I kind of base a song on a character then add to that. The most random, although highly common had to have been a dream =/ dreams are always random though, so I suppose it counts...

Which person do you find most inspirational?

Do you mean as in real life, or on the forums? Real life - no certain person in real life has inspired me yet. Authors - JK Rowling has inspired a Pokemon schooling fic I'm gonna write at some point. Charles Dickens is greatly affecting my writing style at the moment - which I'm kind of a afraid of >>; Forums - I have to say that our very own Elemental Charizam and his fic Into the Fire has inspired me the most so far; but that may be because I'm ploughing through his fic at the moment.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
24th October 2005, 12:51 PM
Oh, another random inspiration.

The Madra in The Shattered Sword are inspired by those little guys with Yogart in Spaceballs, only they're normal size.

Just as a question, how do you make spoiler tags?
That would be [SPOIL*][/SPOIL*]. Without the astericks, of course, that's just so I don't spoil empty space:p.

Inspirational person......Hm......I guess Sike Saner. Her story is quite inspirational. I certainly don't want to steal any of her ideas, and I don't plan to. But sometimes I'll stumble across a line that just sets my brain into action and gives me my own, original idea.

I found my Health Teacher a bit inspiring, too. He's extraordinarily persistent, just like Pryce in my Fic. I dunno why I link Pryce to him, though, Pryce is old, he's young.....He also taught me a fair bit about the human body, which helped out SO MUCH in the recent anatomy scene I wrote.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Power Shot
24th October 2005, 2:04 PM
Hmmm.... the person who inspired me to write is not well known. His username is ZeldaFreak701, and I learned a lot from that dude.

Brian Powell
24th October 2005, 2:08 PM
which person do u find most inspirational?
Good question. *Thinks* I think the real author that can and may have inspired others to write books and fanfics is JK Rowling. She wrote great Harry Potter books but, like I said before, she didn't inspire me.

A number of fanfic writers on these forums have inspired others to write their own fics. I think I'll name a few: Water Spirit, Chibi Pika, Dragonfree, Sike Saner and WaterBlaster.

~RaikouRider243~
24th October 2005, 4:46 PM
Chibs...how I admire you and ENVY you at times...

Legendarian Chronicles gave a lot of inspiration to my fic, and Chibi Pika was one of my first reviewers. She even gave me suggestions about how to control a legendary fic, and I took some of them. She helped write my fic in that sense, and...well, I impressed myself with it. Kudos to her for that.

I don't really review fics well. If it's really good, though, writing a quick review is a snap. I highlight my favorite parts, the parts I could see improvement on, and the overall picture.

FlamingRuby
24th October 2005, 7:31 PM
Just to reiterate how I review:

I boil it all down to how good their description, characters, and plot are, highlight anything else I found amusing/interesting/cool, and then give them a rating based on the Pikachu family

Nylf
24th October 2005, 9:23 PM
How do I review? Well I'll let them you.

;330; First is me, SF. I give the actual opinion on the fic, and how it may be improved, favourite bits whatever.

;359; Then I, CINA arrive. I basically cover, using xXSaberXx's word, fluff and romance. Y'know, say if it's good, bad, then go stupid and take the mick.

;373; After SF and Cina, I ,Mobius, take the stand. I give a proper review on the fic in terms of Grammar, Plot, Description, Battle Description if needed, Length and Overall. then, if the fic has gone far enough, I give it an award, following this trend:
Bagon = Rubbish
Trapinch = Poor
Shelgon = Needs Improvement
Vibrava = Good, but not great.
Salamence = Superb
Flygon = Amazingly good.
Draconium Shiny Flygon = Best fic ever. Just gave that to xXSaberXx's fic.

;307; Omi next. I basically turn up if a fic is really good or not, and add in some mindless fan stuff.

;249-d; Finally there's me, Jack. I turn up to evaluate the villains, and if their good I praise them, and if their poor I take the mick.

Well there you have it.

Psychic
24th October 2005, 9:25 PM
My reviews often very, but this is how I usually do it:
As I go through the story I look for mistakes and copy/paste them (to save them so I don't forget them) then quote those in the review and point out where the writer went wrong. Then I give a general comment on their spelling/grammar and tell them ways to improve.

I then look at description and decide what level the writer describes. If they describe nothing, I give the whole song and dance on how they need to describe everything so we know what they look like.
If they're ok then I show in what way they should be describing things and which parts of what they should describe.
If they're pretty good but not experts I'll tell them about the wonders of 'show, don't tell'; how description shouldn't be blunt, but it must flow with the story so the description is slipped in subtly.

Then is characters. I tell them about personalities and how characters should all act and react differently. I always make sure that their personalities are believable and notsteriotyped.

Plot and originality come next, sometimes followed by realism. I see if the plot is believable and makes sense, fitting in properly and all that jazz. If it's a trainer fic, I give points (well, not points, but you) for how original, creative and different it is.

That's about it in a nutshell (I use the term loosely). It's easier for me to review crappy fics, because when I read fics by some of Serebii's really amazing writers I rarely have anything worthwhile to point out.

~Psychic

Power Shot
24th October 2005, 10:13 PM
I review what I see, if a fic's bad, I'm going to say so. But it's also inportant to tell why it's bad, and what can be improved. I don't sugarcoat my replies, I give firm evidence.

Shiny Flygon, think you could apply that method to my fics? I have to work like a dog for reviews. I thought it was interesting.

Nylf
24th October 2005, 10:16 PM
I forgot to mention that if a fic doesn't contain romance, Cina won't turn up, if it doesn't have good villain Jack wont turn up, if it isn't very good Omi won't turn up, and if it's really poor or I'm pushed for time none of them turn up. And sorry PS, but if I review any more fics I won't have time to write mine.

wobbanut
24th October 2005, 11:06 PM
wow, that is alot of stuff. lemme start a new topic: which person do u find most inspirational?

There's always some characters that I find more inspirational for stories than others. Joxer on Xena is one of my two favorite characters to write for (Autolycus is the other) because even though he seems like a two-dimensional character on-screen I feel he has a lot more depth. Same with Meg, his more minor love interest on the show (who he ended up marrying :D ), who's depth I can sense just from one episode alone.

As far as Pokemon goes, I think James definitely has more depth than we usually see on the show, but so far the only fanfics I have planned are more episode-like than character stories.

Shadowcat
25th October 2005, 10:27 AM
Can I join the club? I'm also a writer and have written a few one-shots.

Who do you find to be most inspirational?
xXSaberXx, as she writes so well and such long fics. The length is unbelievable to me.

Brian Powell, as he writes lots of excellent one-shots. Team Rocket ones, AAMayL and AAML ones.

Scrap. She's the horror mistress and I like her fic.

Can I reply to old topics?

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
25th October 2005, 12:49 PM

Eh, not too complex of a method. I just start off with what I thought of it, give my opinions on the characters, description, and the plot, and point out some, if any, mistakes. I should trademark that format =P

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Brian Powell
25th October 2005, 1:15 PM
*Checks Raikourider's question*what is your writing technique
Firstly, I imagine images of actions and background in my head first and then I let my fingers do the typing. I often think about a sort of action that would excite my audience but first I always have to think up a part that would set that 'sparking' moment.
I forgot to mention that I have another writing technique. This one concerns my shipping one-shots and what inspires me to write those are listening to love songs. I place the lyrics on them in good places.

FlamingRuby
25th October 2005, 2:18 PM
I'm assuming it's safe to introduce another topic to the floor...

Have you ever made a "commercial" for a fic?

I made one last night for "Born to Be a Champion: Pikachu's Johto Diaries"...I especially like the music I made for it!

(Born to Be a Champion: Pikachu's Johto Diaries, take 1)

::E minor remix of "Born to Be a Champion" (Johto OP 2) begins:: Click
here (http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2YTTS0N2W1E7G1S5Z6GX7S49YN) to listen to it!

Announcer: We've all heard the adventures of Ash and his friends...The thrills...

::various shots of Johto season battles::

Announcer: ...the chills...

::various shots of memorable scary/exciting parts of Johto episodes::

Announcer: ...and even the spills.

::various shots of funny moments from the Johto episodes::

Announcer: But you'll never see them the same way again...at least once you've heard Pikachu's side of the story!

::music stops as the scene cuts to a scene of Pikachu in a tent, writing in a diary. He says "Pikachu!" as he sticks his pencil behind his ear for a moment, then begins writing the lyrics to the theme song in the diary as the singer sings them. On the final "Pokemon!" the title flashes on the screen: Born to Be a Champion: Pikachu's Johto Diaries::

Brian Powell
25th October 2005, 2:57 PM
I never made that kind of commercial. Doesn't summaries count as commercials?

If it does, then I've got a couple for Pokemon Impact.

Series 1
Meet Black Jack, the veteran pokemon trainer who prefers smashing heads and drinking beer rather than be a pokemon champion. If you want action, this is the one fanfic you wanna read!

Series 2
Black Jack returns to make another Impact! This time, he, Ash and others embarks on a new adventure in the Orre Region, where a new and mysterious criminal organisations intends to wreck havoc everywhere.

Series 3
Five years ago, a criminal organisation called Team Dark crumbled at the hands of Black Jack, Ash and others. Now, Black Jack and his niece, Alice, travel around the world, looking for new adventures. Just because Black Jack has his compassionate niece by his side, it doesn't stop him from breaking necks.

katiekitten
25th October 2005, 3:25 PM
If you review fics, what do you review?

I review fucs that have only one post. I know how annoying it is when you post a story and no one can be botherred to look at it, so if I have time I take a quick browse. The only storys I avoid are fanfics set on different TV shows. I used to watch Pokemon and that is all, so I have no idea what they are talking about.

A quick question, does anybody like the banner I just made for my Fanfic Phoenix? It took a while...

Tale
25th October 2005, 5:11 PM
!Important Post!

Topic

Now I must say first of all that I was PMed by Brian Powell yesterday about a topic he'd like to put up for today. Seeing as his was the first, I dont expect everyone (including myself) to grasp the method right away so here is what happens.

On the first post there is a heading at the bottom about the topics. There is a part for the current topic and then that is followed by a list. This list holds reserved topics for the next day that have been requested by PM to myself.
When a topic is requested, and I get the PM, I will add it to the list and (which I have to say, I didn't do yesterday) I will PM the topic to the co-owner(s).

This means that once I've added the topic to the future topic list, it is up to either the person who requested the topic, the co-owner(s) or myself to post the topic in the club itself the following day for when it has been requested.

If a different topic has been posted before any of us manage to post the requested one in time, it will be made redundant until requested to be put up.

So to explain the situation.

Brian Powell PMed me with his topic request yesterday. I accepted his topic and added it to the future topic list. Then I would usually PM Psychic and inform her of the topic.
The following day, we (Brian Powell, myself or Psychic) check to see if the requested has been posted by one of ourselves already.
If it has; we leave it at that.
If it hasn't; we post the topic. So if Brian saw that his topic had not been put up, even though it is his day for the topic, he posts it in and that will be the topic.

However I was on late today and Brian Powell and Psychic weren't aware of all of this. Concequently, it seems the list wasn't checked and a new topic was put up by Flaming Ruby.

Now this means that that topic will be cancelled and cannot be replied to. However if Flaming Ruby now Pms me and requests the topic to be posted tomorrow, I will add it to the list and the cycle starts again (except Brian Powell is replaced by Flaming Ruby).
So remember

ALWAYS CHECK THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING A TOPIC

If a new topic is already up, or there is a topic on the waiting list then you must either forget about posting the topic, or request your topic via PM.

I will add this to the rules, hopefully explaining it in a simpler way >>;

So, todays topic: Out of all the characters you have written, which one(s) are you're favourite(s)?

xXSapphireXx Yes, you're in. I think I've seen you a few times, though I'm not too sure of your writing style/skills. I hope this club can help anyway
And yes, of course you can reply to previous topics.

Now that thats over with, Thank you for your time.

EDIT: katiekitten, the banner is amazing O.O

~RaikouRider243~
25th October 2005, 6:00 PM
Out of all the characters you have written, which one(s) are you're favourite(s)?

I've only written one fic series, so I've only created a few characters. I like all my main characters though.

Josh, Rider of Raikou

If you had to choose a "leader" of the group, Josh would be it. Don't call him the "main character" though, that would be a mistake. He is the most intelligent of all my characters and has knowledge of a wide variety of things. His diligence to complete a task and do a good job on it carries him far in life. Ever since his fourth grade field trip to Ecruteak City in Johto, he had admired the legendary Pokémon of the region. At that time, he established a life-long dream to capture the legendary Pokémon, Raikou. As a high schooler, he began intense research about the Pokémon. This research carried over into college, and he pieced together an incredible connection between two legends. That connection would cause him to get about as close as possible to fulfilling his ultimate dream. His mind seems to function at the speed of Raikou, and often has to clarify his ideas to his friends. His pessimism can get in the way at times, but he is a good person overall. His element is Lightning, and his undiscovered powers include Lightning magic as well as some Time magic, such as Haste and Slow.

Ace, Rider of Entei

This is my most popular character, probably because of his attitude. He is a strong individual physically, but is lighthearted mentally. His negative attitude toward academics, as well as his big ego, can get in the way at times. He loves horsing around, and can be very entertaining to be around. He is fond of telling jokes, and is quite the smart-mouth at the discussion table. Once you get him on topic, though, he can discuss things in a serious manner. Even in times of crisis, he jokes and teases; he serves as "comic relief" often. His element is Fire, and his undiscovered powers include Fire magic, Attack up, Attack down, Defense up, and Defense down.

Aravan, Rider of Suicune

Aravan tends to be calm, quiet, and suspicious toward people he does not know. You could say he is overcautious in life. Around his friends, however, he is very open. He is a very logical thinker--even more so than Josh is. He can spot even the most minute logical inconsistency in any argument. He is often uptight, rarely laid back. His element is Water, and his undiscovered powers include Water magic, Blizzard magic, Cure magic, and many defensive spells.

Shalin, Rider of Midori

An outgoing, young college student, Shalin used Whitney as a role model: she trains cute, but powerful, Pokémon. Though she appears to be a cute, immature girl on the outside, her real personality remains a mystery to all but her closest friends. One thing's for sure, though--she's a quick study. Her undiscovered abilities include Poison magic and the ability to call on legendary Pokémon for assistance, but her main strength is the ability to observe certain abilities and duplicate them, just like a blue mage can in an RPG.

Eron, Rider of Zoltin

Eron is a teenage warrior from the Great Pokémon War of centuries past. When the war got out of control, he was sealed away with the flying legendary Beast he rode. The Pokémon he was fighting against was also sealed away. They were essentially frozen in time until the four Beast Riders had to break the seal to have a chance at defeating the dark legendary released recently. After their epic battle, Eron and Zoltin decided to stay in the world with Josh and his friends. ------- Eron's hidden abilities include Saber magic, Holy magic, and non-elemental magic. -------

Brian Powell
25th October 2005, 6:54 PM
Out of all the characters you have written, which one(s) are you're favourite(s)?

Black Jack from Pokemon Impact
I’ve read other people’s fics and I often see main characters who are young and starting out. I decided to make my main character different. He’s a thirty year old veteran pokemon trainer, and instead of entering pokemon leagues to pokemon master he’d rather get into a lot of pokemon battles and can easily win against his opponents in just one hit but he and his pokemon enjoys torturing others, ending the battles with a bone breaking slam or KO shot.

‘Jerry’ the Pichu from my comedy one-shots starring Team Rocket
Even though he’s been inspired Jerry the mouse by those Tom and Jerry cartoons, I find him more hilarious. Despite that he looks innocent and all, he causes a lot of trouble.

Jerry from Pokemon Impact 3
In my view... the ultimate underdog. He doesn’t have ‘much’ experience in winning battles. He’s funny, gets easily fooled and he’s fun to write about.

Nylf
25th October 2005, 7:23 PM
Eron should get a Mega Flare esque spell.

My favourite characters? Has to be:

Sieg: He's based off me, so I'm able to use him as a medium to cope with my life. Plus I created an awesome load of things for him.He can access Legendary pokemon's attacks, like Fire Blast and Aeroblast. Plus he gets 4 fakemon in NL, NH, and another 2 in Shadow Lands

Tila: She based off a girl I really like, but her personality came out wrong, so I've turned her into an original creation. And she fills a gap in the team I've been worried about very well. Also, she gets some of my fav. PokemonGardevoir and Roselia rock!

Drake: I just really like how he came out. he's got a great future ahead of him.

Nylf Schwarz Draconis I(Or just Nylf): That's the Shiny Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon from Emerald Lands. He's such a character. He even made up the middle and surnames to take the mick. And he's traumatised by ice, has nightmares and is part of the gang even though he's a Pokemon. My best ever.The fact he turns into Shiny rayquaza near the end doesn't hurt either. ^_^

Suila: I was unsure how her character would turn out, but she came out better than I expected. Over-excitable, optimistic, hyper-active and with a psychotic Archie Tsunami as a dad. She breaks down when her father is mentioned, and Drake's always there to catch her. Sweet.

That's it really.

Psychic
25th October 2005, 7:39 PM
First of all, I'd like to say that Tale's rule is going to make this thread a lot neater so we'll all be on the same page. The thread was all over the place before, and with this new rule in play we should run a lot smoother.

Secondly, if you are having problems understanding the rule, please feel free to PM either Tale or myself. Though the rule isn't very complicated, if you don't think you fully understand, please read it a second or even third time before posting so as to make sure you don't break any club rules.
We don't want SPAM filling up the thread!

To quickly summarize the new rule:
We can have only one topic per day. If you want to put up a topic, then request it over PM so that it will go onto the Topic Waiting List (see first post). If you're topic was not sent via PM and placed on the List, then it will not count as a club topic and will be ignored.
When it's your topic's turn to be put up, either Tale, myself or the topic starter will post the topic. Nobody else is allowed to do this.

I believe this rule has been made quite clear, so nobody has any excuse to break this rule and then say that they did not understand it.

Now, for today's topic:

I think that my favourite would have to be Heekali, a white Vulpix with only a single tail from my fic, The Mutations. He is always nervous and afraid, jumping at his own shadow. Heekali is very small and feels weak and insignificant. Because he is 'different', he has been deeply hurt, feeling as if nobody cares about him, as his own mother let him be 'escorted' away, and he would never be able to return home.
I put a good bit of myself into Heekali; he shares my anxiety and paranoia and like me, he has the feeling that there is danger at every turn, so he wants to hide in fear.
Heekali has also gotten a lot of attention from my readers, who always pity him, saying how cute he is.

I also really like Lumerah, a dark brown Sandslash with green spikes and claws. She is very unlike Heekali, being headstrong, tough and even a bit arrogant at times. She never runs away from a fight and does not like relying on others, being very self-dependant. She can be reckless at times and doesn't always take the thoughts and feelings of others into consideration. (However, I must admit that she constantly has severe mood swings.)
To make her I had to dig deep within myself to look for my brave, reckless warrioress side, the part of me that acts without thinking.

~Psychic

Sike Saner
25th October 2005, 7:56 PM
This exists a week without my notice?!? Dang.

Anyway, I shall ask to join now.

Fics:
The Origin of Storms - A Wobbuffet named Esaax enters a number of unnatural experiences stemming from the death of his trainer, a Psychic anomaly, and the machinations of sinister forces.
Communication - The life story of Solonn Zgil-Al, a Glalie whose unusual qualities sometimes lead him into strange situations, to say the least.

Tale
25th October 2005, 8:03 PM
Welcome to the club Sike Saner! Definately seen you around the fan fic boards, coincidentally I was just pointed in the direction of your fics, so I should be reading those very soon.
I know you're a great writer which hopefully means you should make very worth while contributions ^.^

And thank you Psychic!

Power Shot
25th October 2005, 10:15 PM
I have many characters that I have written, some for The Shattered Sword. The ones in that fic have mostly not been released, because it's still in the beginning stages on Serebii, but I have a few I'm proud of I can mention.

Horus: Yes, you may think he's a Gandalf wannabe, but he has a secret that will be revealed as The Shattered Sword ends. I hope it's original.

Kor: Yes, the loner in Blood Red RP. He's really cool, but I haven't revealed everything about him yet.

Kenjin: A villian in a future part of The Shattered Sword, I can tell you his name because it won't mean anything to let people know. He will be responsible for the events that shape The Shattered Sword's sequal.

Chronos: A fighter that has no memory, but has skin that turns to metal when touched, making him almost invincible. He can also make weapons out of the metal that surrounds him. He's more of a tragic hero.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
25th October 2005, 10:52 PM
Favorite character? Dunno. I haven't introduced a ton of characters yet.....

Meh, I have a couple anyway:

Registeel: I like it because it's a sarcastic bad-arse. It's really powerful, and it does pretty much whatever it wants to without batting an eye. A cool character to describe.

Shellder: Shellder is a favorite of mine, merely because I can do whatever I please with it. I haven't directly given it a personality. Basically, I've depicted it as a trusting infant. But I can have it grow into whatever I want it to. I could even evolve it if I felt like it(and test my skills at describing evolution from an inside perspective). And its that freedom that makes me like Shellder.

Flannery: I just like her personality. Kind, helpful, concerned teenage girl. Not what you usually see in a teenager. And as a school student, I'll be having fun describing her school life(something I've wanted to do ever since I took up Fic writing).

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Shadowcat
26th October 2005, 9:50 AM
Em... I don't have much favourites. But maybe Liza of my one-shot.(Gym Leader)

Liza: She is a little calm and collective and I like her personailty. Though she would be better off having a good boyfriend in the fic... I meant it to be TateXLiza though. And you heard my name? that's a surprise.

pisces_beedrill
26th October 2005, 12:28 PM

1) pinky.
a girl who is stupid, likes only the colour pink and loves making CHAOS!!!

2) Bloodstone
a cold and harsh character. pure but mean and down to earth. she had the power of ice, fire and darkness.

3) Run[spoil]pronounced roon[/spol]
a really rich girl who is even tempered and a Symboliser. (a tribe) very powerful and has the topaz as a stone

Tale
26th October 2005, 1:07 PM
Well, with a new day comes a new requested topic by Flaming Ruby

My answer: Seeing as I have not yet posted a fic and all the fics I'm working on dont have fully developed plots, I'm quite unable to write such a thing at the moment >>;;

Burnt Flower
26th October 2005, 1:55 PM
*waves to Sike* Welcome! :D

Oliver: Yeah, the protagonist of my one-shot Within One's Reach. His hatred and jealousy of everyone who has more than him lured a lone Shuppet (who is attracted to his feelings of vidictiveness) to become his friend...causing him to awaken his lust for power. =)

Raul: He appears in Chapter 5 of Two of a Kind. He is a brash, aggressive, rude person who is also extremely protective of his Slowpoke. I like him so much now because of what I have in mind for him in the future. >=D

Nope, though it's because the commercial I had in mind contained too many spoilers. :p

FlamingRuby
26th October 2005, 2:03 PM
I made one Sunday night for "Born to Be a Champion: Pikachu's Johto Diaries"...I especially like the music I made for it!

(Born to Be a Champion: Pikachu's Johto Diaries, take 1)

::E minor remix of "Born to Be a Champion" (Johto OP 2) begins:: Click
here (http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2YTTS0N2W1E7G1S5Z6GX7S49YN) to listen to it!

Announcer: We've all heard the adventures of Ash and his friends...The thrills...

::various shots of Johto season battles::

Announcer: ...the chills...

::various shots of memorable scary/exciting parts of Johto episodes::

Announcer: ...and even the spills.

::various shots of funny moments from the Johto episodes::

Announcer: But you'll never see them the same way again...at least once you've heard Pikachu's side of the story!

::music stops as the scene cuts to a scene of Pikachu in a tent, writing in a diary. He says "Pikachu!" as he sticks his pencil behind his ear for a moment, then begins writing the lyrics to the theme song in the diary as the singer sings them. On the final "Pokemon!" the title flashes on the screen: Born to Be a Champion: Pikachu's Johto Diaries::

Brian Powell
26th October 2005, 3:16 PM
No, I have never made any commercials for my fics. Maybe I'll make some in future. Do summaries count as commercials?

If it does, then I've got a couple for Pokemon Impact.

Series 1
Meet Black Jack, the veteran pokemon trainer who prefers smashing heads and drinking beer rather than be a pokemon champion. If you want action, this is the one fanfic you wanna read!

Series 2
Black Jack returns to make another Impact! This time, he, Ash and others embarks on a new adventure in the Orre Region, where a new and mysterious criminal organisations intends to wreck havoc everywhere.

Series 3
Five years ago, a criminal organisation called Team Dark crumbled at the hands of Black Jack, Ash and others. Now, Black Jack and his niece, Alice, travel around the world, looking for new adventures. Just because Black Jack has his compassionate niece by his side, it doesn't stop him from breaking necks.

FlamingRuby
26th October 2005, 3:45 PM
Hey, guys...I kinda need some help...

In an upcoming epsode of "Adventures in Pokesitting II", Brock is going to tell the babies a story about a black mage in training, with a twist: He's going to be a singing narrator! (and playing guitar too)

As such, I need some ideas for how such a song might go....so I'll give you the events to be narrated and you turn them into a song! The best ones get put into the story.

A few rules:
--It needs to rhyme and be sing-songy
--It needs to fit the events of the story
--The stupider, the better!
--You can have the characters talk back to Brock (i.e. to taunt him to hurry the song up, that he sings terrible, etc.)

The first set of events to be narrated:
--It takes place in a faraway land (you can make up a name for the land)
--Ash is introduced
--To become a mage, Ash must retrieve an item called the Coin of Power from a dungeon
--Ash sets out on this quest with Pikachu

Here's an example, if you need help:

::guitar intro::

Brock: A long time ago in the land of Arkan,
A story is told of a handsome young man,
So famed for his magic, the people did dash...
To come out and see him, and his apprentice, named Ash. ::Ash appears in movie 8 costume::

Ash: Hi!

Brock: Now Ash always dreamed of becoming a mage,
But try as he might, he was frustrated with rage,
So he left on a quest with his friend, Pikachu
Thus begins my story I'll now tell to you...

Psychic
26th October 2005, 5:33 PM
Nope, it had never crossed my mind untill I saw that thread in the Author's Cafe. I'm going to try to make one for The Mutations, though.

Wow, FlamingRuby, that sounds kinda hard. x_x I guess I'll try to think up something for you, though I'm not very good at ryhming. >.<

~Psychic

Sike Saner
26th October 2005, 8:34 PM

My absolute favorite, I can't mention yet, because he doesn't appear until the next chapter of my current fic. I really enjoyed writing Mark, Tom and Travis (the Smeargle from TOoS), and then Zyrzir (from Communication) - oh, my Lord. That guy was a blast to do, so I really like him.

I suppose you could call that post I made in that "Happy Fun Get the Word Out Thread" a commercial for TOoS. I think the tagline in that post is kind of cheesy, though. :p Yeah, I tried to keep the cheese in check, but... XD

Power Shot
26th October 2005, 10:13 PM
I felt that everone should know I got a good review from Renegade on The Shattered Sword. That is true cause for celebration on my part. W00T!

Anyways, I was thinking about doing a commercial for The Shattered Sword. I thikn I'll go do that right now. *goes*

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
27th October 2005, 1:41 AM
Just finished writing Chapter 22. Celebration plz:D J/k

Not technically, no. But in the Happy Fun Get the Word Out Thread, I did do my best to make my Fic summary sound commercial-like to draw in potential Reviewers.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Shadowcat
27th October 2005, 9:20 AM
Nope, until I finish my latest fic in planning, I'll stick to One-shots. I may make one though.

FlamingRuby
27th October 2005, 4:07 PM
Assuming it's safe to introduce a new topic to the floor...

I have a dillema in one of my fics, and was wondering if you guys would help me out (especially those poets and songwriters in the audience):

See, in an upcoming epsode of "Adventures in Pokesitting II", Brock is going to tell the babies a story about a black mage in training, with a twist: He's going to be a singing narrator! (and playing guitar too)

As such, I need some ideas for how such a song might go....so I'll give you the events to be narrated and you turn them into a song! The best ones get put into the story.

A few rules:
--It needs to rhyme and be sing-songy
--It needs to fit the events of the story
--The stupider, the better!
--You can have the characters talk back to Brock (i.e. to taunt him to hurry the song up, that he sings terrible, etc.)

The first set of events to be narrated:
--It takes place in a faraway land (you can make up a name for the land)
--Ash is introduced
--To become a mage, Ash must retrieve an item called the Coin of Power from a dungeon
--Ash sets out on this quest with Pikachu

Here's an example, if you need help:

::guitar intro::

Brock: A long time ago in the land of Arkan,
A story is told of a handsome young man,
So famed for his magic, the people did dash...
To come out and see him, and his apprentice, named Ash. ::Ash appears in movie 8 costume::

Ash: Hi!

Brock: Now Ash always dreamed of becoming a mage,
But try as he might, he was frustrated with rage,
So he left on a quest with his friend, Pikachu
Thus begins my story I'll now tell to you...

pisces_beedrill
27th October 2005, 6:51 PM
noi haven't. i just ask peopleto read it

katiekitten
27th October 2005, 9:27 PM

No, but I'll have a go...

Soft music begins to play.

Narrator: There was a time when three titans ruled the Earth.

Images of a ruby eye, a green eye and a sapphire one flash across the screen

Narrator: Controllers of three elements, they waged a war on each other, slaughtering those who crossed their path.

Images of villages burning, the sky red as flames licked up at it, Pokemon and humans fleeing.

Narrator: The Earth was slowly being torn apart. Only one hope remained.

Camera flys over a range of tall mountains in the center of a large dusty grey savanna and focuses on a solitary purple sparkling mountain on the edge of the mountain range. Zooming closer it goes past a dense foliage of plants that are flourishing under the sparse cover of overhead trees, and sinks through the purple moutain, passing root systems until emerging into a small cavern where a relieved mother is being handed a squalling baby. When it is in her arms, the mother coos to it and the crying stops. The babys eyes open, revealing a set of deep sapphire eyes.

Camera spins away and focuses on a new scene as the narrator speaks.

Narrator: From the ashes of a lost civilisation.

Music begins to speed up slowly. Screen shows a young girl, age 14, sitting in the midst of a ruined village. Sound gets louder quicker. Screen flicks to close up of girls face. A tear runs down her cheek as she looks up, eyes hardening.

Narrator: A hero will rise.

Music speeds up and grows even louder. Sound of a sword being unsheathed and screen shows girl riding a Rapidash, charging towards a wall of water that was hurtling towards them, crying out a war cry.

Narrator: With powers bequeathed to her by the Keeper of Destiny.

Screen flashes onto a dark cave in which something stirs

Narrator: She will return peace and tranquility unto the world.

Screenflicks on to an image of the girl standing in a meadow, facing something, red and blue light erupting from her hands

Narrator: Her name is Phoenix. This is her story.

Scene ends on an image of flaming red letters that state: Phoenix. A rush of fire covers the screen revealing a new message: A Fanfiction by katiekitten.

*Reads over what I have just written and cringes* Its rubbish. Never mind. It was worth a shot.

Brian Powell
28th October 2005, 1:41 PM
From any fanfic(s), what are your favourite quotes?

One of my favourite quotes came from Wes's The Thanksgiving Dinner War and the quote was this...

Eggman then pulled out of his bag what appeared to be a bunch of....

“HOLY! THOSE ARE THE MOST HORRIBLE TASTE BUD DESTROYING FOOD IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND EVERY WORLD AND ALL ITS DIMENSIONS!” Shouted Bean in surprise of what he saw.

“Brussels sprouts,’ grinned Eggman evilly.

That quote and moment cracked me up big time.

FlamingRuby
28th October 2005, 2:43 PM
My favorite from "Adventures in Pokesitting II":

"Ah, the traditional 'giving babies a bath'..." --Max, commenting on Ash and May bathing the babies

"...followed by the not-so-traditional 'hot-water-in-the-face' dance." --Brock, after Ash gets burnt by--what else?--hot water in the face

Shadowcat
28th October 2005, 3:42 PM
Lots of them I have, gotta go check on Saber's Fic again.

THESE ARE KAI AND CHRIS'S UNDIES
That was so funny. Ah... I'm too lazy to go quote the whole thing. Now, lemme search for more.

Nylf
28th October 2005, 4:07 PM
Topic: I agree completely with Sapphire. See her quotes when she gets them.

Sike Saner
28th October 2005, 8:08 PM

Oh, they are many...Well, I think what I'll cite right now is the most recent tasty little nugget I've found, the Mawile's song (in its entirety) from Requiem for a Dream:

“Bound, Broken, Searching, Fighting . . .”

“Ripped, Twisted, Fading, Crying . . .”

“Lost, Alone, Bloody, Dying . . .”

“Writhing, Reaching, Passing, Sighing . . .”

Power Shot
28th October 2005, 10:38 PM
Okay, this is kind of long, but it's the prolague from a fan-fic a friend of mine has snamed TOOFY. He owns it, not me.

Once upon a time, long ago, there lived a handsome young man who lived in a thatched roof cottage deep inside the fairy princess’ forest. It was a happy forest filled with little fat dwarves and energetic giddy elves. This forest was a kingdom everyone called Rupert. No one knew why the kingdom was called Rupert, but no one cared for they were always so involved in their childish activities. Maybe if they took more care into where they lived, did more important things, and learned why the forest was called Rupert, they might have been able to stop the horrible event that fell upon the forest that day.

But I’m getting ahead of myself; let’s talk about this handsome young man that lived in this forest of Rupert. This man was a very nice man, so nice in fact that he donated everything he had to the poor, this man’s name was Casablanca, but we will call him Hank. Now that he had donated everything he had to the poor, he was now a poor man himself, but he didn’t care. Because he himself was now poor, he received all of the stuff he gave away. So I guess you could say he wasn’t really poor after all.

One day, Hank went with some elves to pick some berries. Suddenly, he heard a rumbling sound like a herd of unicorns that were trampling his direction in a huge stampede. To Hank’s dismay, when he peered over the grassy hill that the noise was coming from, there was a herd of unicorns that were trampling his direction in a huge stampede. Hank got trampled and sadly, died along with the rest of the elves picking berries with him. This story is not about Hank, but it is closely related to what the unicorns were running from.

What the unicorns were running from was probably something you yourself have never seen before, but most likely have heard of. It was something that the natives of Rupert called Tom, but you would be more familiar with the word, flying saucer, or UFO. I bet you thought UFOs only existed in recent times because you thought they were made up stories to scare kids, and you are correct, but just by coincidence there are really such things as UFOs. That, my friend, is what you call a coincidence.

But there wasn’t just one Tom, oh no, there were five, each with their own unique name: Tom, Oscar, Oliver, Fred, and Yesterday. These four Toms flew over the kingdom of Rupert and destroyed the entire forest filled region, turning it into a sandy desert.

Many of the elves lived through this catastrophe, and moved in with a fat dude that lived far up north making toys twenty-four seven. But they were shut down in the year 2099 because evidence was found that the fat man had been sneaking into people’s kitchens, eating their food.
Only a few dwarves survived sadly and they eventually moved to Nevada and set up an airbase that was far ahead of their time. There they invented cheese. They named the base area 51 because they all agreed 51 was their favorite number.

After destroying the region, the Toms landed in the desert that was once Rupert, and stayed there for nine years. During this nine year period, a human civilization stumbled upon the desert and decided that they would set up their village there in the middle of the desert where there were no resources or anything. That was a rather stupid idea and many of them starved and died. The Toms finally got bored and helped them by drilling a large crack in the earth that reached several hundred miles long. This crack filled with water and supplied not only water, but fertilized the land making it suitable for farming. The Toms called it Flatulence after their home planet, but many years later scientists thought the name too vulgar and changed the name to the Nile River. The People and the Toms agreed to name the land after one of the human’s, Remises the negative 19th’s, uncle, Egypt.

The Toms and the humans lived happily together for many years. The Toms performed difficult tasks such as, defending the earth from rocks that fell from the sky, excavating artifacts, and even built large structures they liked to call the pyramids.

But one day, the Toms revealed a secret to the humans. From the bottom of each of the Toms, a large door opened, and out from these doors came people that looked very similar to humans, only their skin was grey and their eyes were four times larger than the average human’s. The people that came from these Toms tried explaining that they were the Toms, but the Egyptians wouldn’t listen. They all began a long war with each other for no reason. The humans got their butts whooped bad. The Toms said that they did enough damage and left the humans with a warning. If the humans ever spoke of the Toms, ever said the name Tom, or even named one of their kids the initials of the five Toms, a great unspeakable evil would be unleashed upon the world. Oh, and they also knocked the nose off one of their sphinxes. But soon, two idiots will bring doom to the entire galaxy…

Hope you enjoyed it.

katiekitten
28th October 2005, 11:20 PM

Hmm... Klaus's Semi-Hippy's, Paranoia and other things;A Journey and three very unique young adults deserves a mention. I need to get around to reading the other strory as well...

It is a very amusing story, and here is a clip from the beginning.

Originally by Klaus

Ah, Celadon city, a town that was particularly green, green with grime that is, this is one of the most dirtiest cities in Kanto. Kanto you may ask is in the Northern area somewhere near Johto, it, I think it is actually connected to Johto. Back to Celadon. Celadon was as I told you a nasty, icky, Grimer infested crap hole of a city. Pardon my French, an educated person such as I shouldn’t speak such profanity. But there was not any other way to describe this place. The poverty level was so high that if you gave it a grade is school, it would be an A student.

The crime rate was also high, and so were many of the citizens but, let’s not talk about them. Let’s talk about the small, little virgin filled building in the corner of this nasty and icky city. This was, as you guessed, it the Celadon city Pokemon gym. But, not only was it a Gym, it was also a school where girls and some boys gather to learn about grass type Pokemon. It was also the headquarters of the well known “Tree hugging hippies and future hippies of the world.” Or short it was T.H.H.F.H.W. It was a club that met once a week. They discussed all things that hippies do. When a tree needs saving or some mankey are being killed for their meat. The hippies shall be there with there environmentally friendly canons and other weaponry that gives back to the earth.

A woman about twenty stood up in front of a whole lot of people who had pictures of Pokemon on there shirts. Some had pictures of small yellow rodents with small red circles on there cheeks. Underneath was printed “It’s Pikachu, not Pikashoe, please, save the Pikachu’s” or “ Save the Furret.”

Sike Saner
29th October 2005, 12:06 AM

Ooh, crap, I've got another one! :D How could I have lost sight of this super-classic from my first poke'mon fanfic (sry i sux at titles ><):

he be das.

^ Officially my favorite fic quote EVER. :D

lilbluecorsola
29th October 2005, 1:34 AM

Ooh, plenty of 'em scattered throughout Breezeh's WSBB, I'm sure. =P Can't be bothered to find them all.

Psychic
29th October 2005, 3:40 AM

*gasp* OMFG SIKE DOESN'T KNOW THE QUOTE PROPERLY!
"He be das" indeed!
Breezy's WAY funnier than that! The true quote of Boon is "I b das" *cracks up laughing*
But in Breezy's fics about Boon and Webnie there are plenty others.

Oh, and there are a whole bunch from Typhlogirl's 'Poketalk' that are really awesome.

Kyogre: *gleefully* Oh, this is going to be FUN. Team Aqua. How do I describe Team Aqua in a way that’s not too nasty? Easy. STUPID F****** A**HOLES ALWAYS P****** ME OFF TRYING TO F****** EXPAND THE SEA!!!! Oh, and they’re led by THE BIGGEST F****** B****** EVER TO WALK THE F****** EARTH!!!

Typhlogirl: O_O; *to camera guy* You did bleep that out didn’t you?

Camera guy: What do you mean ‘bleep out?’ I’m still trying to find Zoom.

Blue (who hates Red): …oh. Well, my Itching powder in your bed would have driven you to insanity!!

Red: -_-; You didn’t put it in my bed. You put it in Lance’s.

Blue: Oops. Er, well…blowing up the TV would have definitely killed you!!

Red: -_-;;; No, all that did was make Lorelei and Agatha miss their soapies.

Raikou: HE’S A MAAAAANIAC, MAAAAAANIAC, WITH AN OAR. AND I THIIIIIIIIINK THAT HE IS RIIIIIIIIIGHT OUTSIDE YOUR DOOR!

Raikou: I RAN OFF A CLIFF ONCE!! *proud* IT HURT LOTS!!

Emma Iveli: Okay, who is you favourite legendary pokemon?

Bayleef: Ash.

Oak: *clears throat*

I watch the snowflakes
Spinning around crazily
And into my stove

Klaus: Now that was NOT sexy.

That fic is a definite must-read for anyone who wants a good laugh.

And The Cheshire Cat had some pretty good lines as well. Can't think of any at the moment, though. :P

~Psychic

Sike Saner
30th October 2005, 12:17 AM

*gasp* OMFG SIKE DOESN'T KNOW THE QUOTE PROPERLY!
"He be das" indeed!
Breezy's WAY funnier than that! The true quote of Boon is "I b das" *cracks up laughing*

I was actually drawing the quote of "he be das" from the my first poke'mon fanfic (sry i sux at titles ><) thread (in the "prolougue"). It's really in there, I swear it! (Lest anyone think I just pulled that quote out of my butt... :p )

Here it is in context:

my trariner. he was weird. my trainer. he had one of those weird faceds like the girls (A/N: No, I don't think human faces our weird thank u very nuch!!) cept he didnt' have that exstatic smile,. he looked sad. like he was sad from eating too much food. very sad he was. he be das.

pisces_beedrill
30th October 2005, 2:49 PM

none really. can't think of any...

Tale
30th October 2005, 4:58 PM

Not too sure, I found the inroduction to Psydelus the surfing Psyduck in EC's fic quite amusing, as I did to many other little jokes here and there - but I can't really quote them cos I'm lazy.

Anyway, I suppose I'll create a new topic for today...

In a Trainer fic, which region(s) do you like to see most?

Meh, crappy but hey. I myself like to see Kanto as it is my favourite region - though I believe Johto is the most UU region so it would be cool to see one thre.

FlamingRuby
30th October 2005, 5:10 PM
I can agree on Johto being UU...that's why I'm writing the Johto Pikachu Diary first

Power Shot
30th October 2005, 11:34 PM
Hmmm... depends on what kind of mood you want.

In Kanto, it warmer than others for some reason when I think of it. Orre is where you want a tough story, but Johto has more mystery. Hoenn is the best all around, in my opinion.

Sike Saner
31st October 2005, 12:27 AM

Hmm. Now, I'm a Hoenn fan, but most of my favorite Gym Leaders are from Johto (including my very favorite)...but then, my favorite trainer fic of all time takes place in Kanto...

I think I'm going to go with Johto on this. A.) Yes, we need to see more Johto fics, and B.) Johto fics generally include an appearance by Morty. Always nice.

Psychic
31st October 2005, 1:05 AM

Personally, I like Kanto the most. I agree that Jhoto is used the least, and waaaaaay too many fics are in Hoenn (mostly newb fics which have terrible plots). I like Kanto's atmosphere, the Pok&#233;mon and people: they're al nice and friendly and welcoming.
I think fewer people use Jhoto because of it's lack of Teams. No Rocket (usually, as they're based in Kanto) or Magma/Aqua.
However I did start a fic in Jhoto, though it barely got off its feet. It's lost from the Serebii Archives, now. :(

~Psychic

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
31st October 2005, 2:10 AM
Posted my Halloween One-Shot.....Go me? o_0

Pretty much anything 'cept Kanto. No offense to anyone, but I just find Kanto dull and overrated. Johto became OU because people though it was UU, and therefore decided to use it and make it more used. Hoenn is cool because there's a lot you can do with it and cool people there.

Weirdly, each of my three Fics take place in a different Region. The Skull of the Cubone takes place in Johto. A Soul's Desire takes place in Kanto(though it's not really all that evident). And Hoenn's Legacy takes place in......Hoenn!*gasp* Maybe I should hint at it more in the title! :idea: That wasn't really planned, actually, I just realized that now o.o;;

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

katiekitten
31st October 2005, 1:36 PM

I enjoy Hoenn, as it is the newest world I like it quite a lot. I miss Johto really. I loved crystal and Gold, they are some of the best games. I wonder if they will redo it... Anyway, most of my fics are based on Hoenn. The Rising Storm, my first and worst fic, was set there. I went ultra sad and actually planned the route carefully for the rising storm, opening the map of Hoenn on my ruby when ever I started to write. *hits head on wall*
Phoenix, I am not really sure where it is set. Silly, I know, I'm the writer so I should know, but as I set it in the past, it could be anywhere, I guess. Take your pic. :p
Waters Deep is not a Pokemon fanfiction, it isn't even a fan fiction. Just a horror story that has nothing to do with Pokemon.

Nylf
31st October 2005, 2:33 PM
Topic: Let's see. I usually prefer Hoenn or Astra, because they have the best Pokemon and places, but there is one exception. I adore the Kanto in xXSaberXx's fic. When your as good as her, why choose? They will all rock. But Hoenn and Astra for me are the best.

Torkoal Stu
31st October 2005, 2:47 PM
Hey people, well i'm Torkoal Stu *looks around to see a row of blank faces* Well Tale and C Blizz should know me, if not you guys have short memory spans. Anyway can I join? I've written a couple of fics, none great or stunning but i'm re-writing my old Yu-gi-oh fic. Yay, that should be up soon. Well as for current fics i'm reading, I'm reading Hoenn's Legacy at the moment, but I haven't left a review as of late. Well i'll answer the topic anyway:

Orre would be the best too see, or the Orange Islands, you know we need those under-used regions to make a come back in a fic.

Tale
31st October 2005, 5:50 PM
Torkoal...Stu? Who the hell are you?

Oh, Torkoal Stu! I remember you! Yep, you're in =D
I know you're good, I remember a fic of yours and you're great to talk to so should be a valuable member to this club *piles pressure*.

Ok, BP (Brian Powell) PMed me with a new topic that will also run into tomorrow, seeing as its late in the day over here. So,

Apart from your own fanfics, what are your favourite moments?

I'll answer this one later - a little rushed off my feet at the moment.

FlamingRuby
31st October 2005, 6:59 PM
Hmm...this is a toughie...

I'll get back to you on this one...

Brian Powell
1st November 2005, 11:37 AM
Good question. For me, I don’t mind. As long as the fic keeps me interested, I’ll enjoy reading it.

Apart from your own fics, what are your favourite moments?
I have some. How about I give you five of my favourites? My random five, not top five. And when I say random, I meant pick one of those small pieces of paper out of my hat. Really, you ask? Well, not literally.

Notes:
Moment I named – Title of fic – Author

Solonn’s evolution – Communication – Sike Saner
The evolution was beautifully described and I was, like, at the edge of seat. The descriptions of Solonn’s feelings, how he was changing, how he felt after his evolution, all fantastic.

Ash Vs Brendan… with me as commentator – Fate and Destiny of Friends – Water Spirit
While she was writing this part of one of her past chapters she said that she hated writing battle scene so I offered to help her out. She did most of the work while I checked it for her and gave her some feedback. I hardly changed a few things because the scene was fantastic, especially at the end when Pikachu placed his tail inside Swarmpert’s mouth and zapping him with his electric attack. Also, when she made a character of me, she noticed the main joke behind my username and got my character to act like that real life celebrity. Overall, fantastic.

Pikachu… inside a big bowl of punch – Love Triangle (AAML / AAMayL Satire) – Ash_Junior
Do you know why Ash’s Pikachu was in that big bowl of punch? He mistook the red drink for ketchup and started drinking most of it until he passed out, almost drowning himself. Hilarious.

Jade acting like a donkey – Winding Roads – Indigo
No, I’m not talking about any old donkey. I’m talking about Jade acting like Donkey from Shrek. I enjoyed the way she acted around Cass when they first travelled around together. That was also hilarious.

Bombs on ship – Legendarian Chronicles – Chibi Pika
Imagine yourself taking a role of a young girl taking the side of a Rocket renegade, discovering a number of bombs on board the ship, which were placed by Rocket agents. You get the feeling that they knew about this betrayal and you only have three pokemon to help you out. What can you do? Exactly. I was at the edge of my seat while I was reading that bit.

pisces_beedrill
1st November 2005, 11:46 AM
those are tough topics, so i'll think on'em

Power Shot
2nd November 2005, 4:28 AM
This has nothing to do with the topics, but I have an announcment.

I will be attempting the writing of 50,000 word story, and I will finish it by the end of the month. Feel free to check it out, it is meant to be bad, but it gets really funny.

Shadowcat
2nd November 2005, 10:26 AM
Oh, two topics to reply to. I'll reply to one.

Sevii, even if it is not really counted a region. Bam! Seven Tropical isladns.... by xXSaberXx for her upcoming fic, wow! Anyways, Sevii is under rated. Seriously. People just do not like it, because lack of development or something?

pisces_beedrill
2nd November 2005, 11:22 AM
okay, i have no answers for the topics. um, power shot, what do u mean by it is gonna be bad?

Power Shot
2nd November 2005, 2:06 PM
Oh, it's really stupid but funny. Check it out sometime, I have to update it daily to make the deadline. But because of the length of the story, I may not be able to write as well as I normally do.

katiekitten
2nd November 2005, 8:11 PM
I read the beginning bit, but I didn't get a chance to finish. I liked what I read though. :)

pisces_beedrill
3rd November 2005, 11:45 AM
cool, i will look out. seems interesting from the way u describe it...

Brian Powell
3rd November 2005, 12:35 PM
I have an announcement to make. Coming this December, I will put up three one-shots right on the forums. There will be one Comedy One-Shot starring TR, one AAML One-Shot and one AAMayL One-Shot.

Why in this specific month, you ask? I think you can take a guess. If you can't, then I take it that you're not screeching for a Christmas treat. If you want this kind of treat, PM me with the title 'I screech for a Christmas treat!' and I'll PM you with the links.

Tale
3rd November 2005, 3:12 PM
Ok guys, new topic requested by Brian Powell.

Have you ever visited or made a website/fansite based on a fanfic?

I myself haven't, I've been on a website based on a book, but not a fanfic. Didn't know you could to be honest >.>;

And what you say, Brian Powell, looks quite interesting, I might send you a PM...

~RaikouRider243~
3rd November 2005, 4:29 PM
Not quite.

I've thought about making an RPG based on my fic series and some of my other fic ideas though.

Sike Saner
3rd November 2005, 8:45 PM

Yes. I have visited two sites, actually: one each based on the following:
Pok&#233;mon Master (Ace Sanchez)
Dawn of a New Legacy/Song of the Goddess (AzureFlygon and Spectreon)

Psychic
3rd November 2005, 11:10 PM

Yes, actually.
It isn't up anymore because the writer, Kataryna, if i;m not mistaken, stopped updating it when she ended the fic.

I'm not sure if the fic was called 'Pok&#233;Mprphs' or 'Pookamon', though. I do remember it, though-I believe I have the entire fic on a Ward document somewhere. :P

~Psychic

pisces_beedrill
4th November 2005, 7:23 AM
if by fanfic, you mean written by someone on serebii, then yes. it was mainl on his fanfic.joshua. i mean. if youmean a proffesional fanfic,onlykaren mccombie's website

Shadowcat
4th November 2005, 7:49 AM

xXSaberXx was planning to make one on her fic, after she finished it. Then, she would at the other series she was gonna write.

Since others have posted some announcements on their fics. I'll post mine.

Announcement:
I'm planning to post a few one-shots this month and December.

pisces_beedrill
4th November 2005, 11:47 AM
well, okay. i guess i should post my fic announcement. read my fic here (http://www.geocities.com/pidgey_chuk/efw.html)and please help me with some ideas for the 7th chapter. pm me.

FlamingRuby
4th November 2005, 4:42 PM
Attention everyone! Episode 7 of "Adventures in Pokesitting II" is now up! Reviews encouraged!

Tale
4th November 2005, 7:18 PM
Three. No advertising, you're allowed to point out your fics (if you have posted any) in your sign up. But just plain saying "Take a look at my fic: {URL}Ben's Pokemon Journey{/URL}" is just against the rules. Updated: Previews are allowed to be posted also in your sign up thread. Just edit them as you wish. If possible, post a link as it saves space - but never mind if not.

Come on guys -_-; I'll let it slip again. I'll be ok if these little notifications were discreetly posted with a post but some of you are plain out advertising.
And someone rated one star ;_; how depressing...do tell me if it was one of you guys. Don't be afraid to notify of your concerns of the club, be it a post or PM. But meh =/

Again, keep up with the rules guys!

FlamingRuby
4th November 2005, 7:58 PM
Okay, sorry...

In other news...would it be safe to introduce a new topic to the floor?

Tale
5th November 2005, 12:43 AM
Don't worry about it FR.

And yes, a new topic will be allowed ^.^

FlamingRuby
5th November 2005, 2:41 AM
All right...

What are some inside jokes/references you've put in your fic?

pisces_beedrill
6th November 2005, 2:53 PM
um... i cannot remember. but i did put some in my fic.

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
6th November 2005, 4:50 PM
Inside jokes......Well, most of them were by Registeel, such as calling Mew "Hello Kitty" and buying a vowel. I did make a title for one of my Chapters for Sike Saner, though: Swallowed in the Sea. Being the intelligent person she is, she understood it in a heartbeat.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Klaus
6th November 2005, 6:16 PM
I must indeed join.Can I join this club?

My Children..uh..Fic's:

Friend's of Legend: Three Men and Their Really Scary Plan (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=79800)

Giovanni, a mentally unstable leader. Maxie, a different man in all prespectives and Archie who has no sensitivity in him what so ever team up to take over the world in fashion. When Giovanni, Maxie and Archie go stealing nine ancient amulets, three young adults (Taylor Kris and Ethan) must try to save the world and keep their sanity. Will they do it? Some say I doubt it.

Semi-hippie's Paranoia and other things: The Journey of Three Very Unique Young Adults. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=89468)

Taylor, a semi-hippy who has an over compulsive dissorder with washing hands. Kris,a girl with a dirty mind and heart of gold or crystal and Ethan who reallly shouln't be allowed out of his house, journey through Johto spreading the news about cruelty to pokemon and the destruction of trees all while hiding from a crazed maniac, a freaky professor and abunch of other odd people.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I really want to join this club.

As always, be kind to the mime.

Sike Saner
6th November 2005, 7:09 PM

There've been a few musical references here and there. The Origin of Storms had quite a few of these. The title itself was derived from a Blue &#214;yster Cult lyric (from "Astronomy"). One of the chapters of TOoS was entitled "Hunter of the Shadows"; I got that from a Metallica lyric (from "The Thing that Should Not Be"). Then there was this:

Syr, meanwhile, was trying very hard to convince himself that he was not there, and that this was not happening.

That was based on a Radiohead lyric (from "How to Disappear Completely"): "I'm not here/This isn't happening".

There are a number of characters who were named after musicians, too. TOoS had Mark, Tom, and Travis, named after the members of Blink-182, and Communication had Aaron, named after Aaron Lewis from Staind, and Brett, named after Brett Scallions from Fuel.

There have been a couple of instances where I would throw things in simply to make my cousin either laugh or make a face when she reads the material; the only one of those that comes to mind right now is the use of the term "brain wrecks" in Ch. 2 of Communication. My cousin uses that phrase quite frequently, so I thought I'd put that in and see what she thinks of seeing it staring back at her in text.

Oh. One more thing. Most of the names of the Glalie in my fics are totally original, but the name of one of the Glalie who appeared in TOoS isn't. A free cookie to anyone who knows from whence I got the name Vjaya.

And yes, ~*CB*~. Coldplay = awesome. ^_^

Ledian_X
6th November 2005, 7:16 PM
I would like to join as well. I know I don't write Pokemon fics. But, I do write and I figure hey..why not join a writer's cluib? So, if you'd have me, I'd like to join. Here's my story, even though it's also in my sig.

Starbolts: New Beginnings (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=89610)

The story's about 12 superheroes coming of age amist tragedy and triumph. They are the future of Earth's heroes and strive to protect two worlds. Their lives are turned upside down when faced with a great threat and now have to work together if they are to survive their greatest challenge to date.

I created the story back in 1996. This isin't a clich&#233;d superhero tale. There's emotion, tragedy, joy and more.

FlamingRuby
6th November 2005, 7:45 PM
If it's okay with Tale and the co-owners, can we make the topic of inside jokes ongoing?

Here are a few from the original "Adventures in Pokesitting":

"Make my eggs scrambled, please." Misty called back, then turned her attention to sorting the mail. "Bill, bill, you may have won 10 billion credits...."

This is refferring to those "You may have won 10 million dollars!" contests...in my book, 100 Pokecredits=$1, so a million US dollars=a billion Pokecredits

Misty leaned over to look at the cover in Ash's hands. "Pokeguardians #25: Raisheal Comes Thundering In"....

The comic book's number is a reference to Pikachu's National dex number; and the title comes from the Sailor Moon episode "Jupiter Comes Thundering In"

Dear Brock,

I am leaving on vacation to the Rainbow Islands this evening...but I have no one to look after my Azurill, Ami, while I'm away...

If you could look after her for the week, I'd be very grateful.

Enclosed is all the schedules, emergency numbers, and the like. I'll be by to drop her off later today...

Your friend,
Kendra
"

I wrote the original "Adventures" before the Sevii Islands were named that, so I used the then popular fan name of the Rainbow Islands...another Sailor Moon reference appears in what I named the Azurill--Ami is the name of Sailor Mercury.

More to come...

AAMLfan
6th November 2005, 9:55 PM

Oh, I can't remember..does the "thumbs up in Japan means talking about a girlfriend" thing count? XDD

wobbanut
6th November 2005, 10:56 PM
All right...

I love doing little hidden references to previous stories or to series episodes in my fanfics, things I affectionately call "wink-winks". :) I know in the one Pokemon fanfic I'm going to write, there's an unusual event in the story, and Brock comments "That's new". It's a small but humorous nod to the fact that it did happen once before- in the Orange Islands, when Brock wasn't there. I'm not repeating the event for the sake of repeating it, mind you. It's being repeated for an entirely different reason than in the OI episode (unless there were hints in the scene that I missed LOL).