PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon footage

Golden Darkness
15th October 2005, 3:24 AM
Go here: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/ds/dungeon_movie.html

snorlax4eva
15th October 2005, 4:18 AM
Looks cooler in action. But what are those white lines thatare always on the screen? BTW it scared me with that loud music to begin with since its 11:15 here and Im tired.

JazzJazz
15th October 2005, 4:34 AM
what are those white lines thatare always on the screen?

Just basic graphics used by the advertisers for some sort of appeal... I'm quite sure that they don't have anything to do with the game.

Serebii
15th October 2005, 1:59 PM
The white lines are the game map

Dark Venusaur
15th October 2005, 3:46 PM
Sorry I cant read that

DKzM0mA
15th October 2005, 5:15 PM
Looks preety good. It looks like game freak has evolved from the basic battle scene thing

Haunter
15th October 2005, 7:07 PM
It looks good.

LordGek
16th October 2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah, those white outlines (boxy rooms connected by narrow hallways) are cute representations of the RANDOM dungeons! I figure the deal near the end where they showed several of these images all sandwiched together is symbolic of many of them having several levels.

LordGek
16th October 2005, 10:51 PM
Hey Folk,

Something I just kinda caught onto, it looks like you now are playing in a world without trainers, with Pokemon just acting on their own.

Will I be catching other Pokemon as a Pokemon myself?

-Koumori-
17th October 2005, 1:11 AM
Sorry I cant read that
That's not the point, he posted a video for us to watch. I can't read Japanese, either, but it's easy to set the video up. So, thanks Golden Darkness. It does look a lot better in motion.

deoxys145
18th October 2005, 12:27 AM
when it showed the DS and SP did it mean it was coming out on both?? MOst likely...that's weird though. I've never heard of Pokemon coming out on 2 systems at the same time...

LordGek
18th October 2005, 1:22 AM
As has been stated before, Blue is DS and Red will be GBA (and therefore DS and SP compatible).

So both Red and Blue will run on the DS but only Red will work on an SP, GBA, or MB.

MaskedManAbsolkid
18th October 2005, 4:38 PM
when it showed the DS and SP did it mean it was coming out on both?? MOst likely...that's weird though. I've never heard of Pokemon coming out on 2 systems at the same time...

It was confirmed ages ago. They'll link up too.

Looks good now that I've seen it.

JazzJazz
18th October 2005, 8:15 PM

Serebii has just put a a page on the site dedicated to the differences between the two versions, I suggest you check it out.

LordGek
18th October 2005, 8:52 PM
Here is my theory on the differences...

At their core, even graphics, I'll bet they'll be identical BUT with the DS Blue they might have some limited stylus control options and, most of all, allow you to have an extra info screen running up top. So while cruising around on the bottom screen of the DS you'll probably be able to display inventory, main map, or current gang of Pokemon up on the top screen.

(DOH, exactly what Serebii stated, I had no idea there was a linked article from the frontpage)

deoxys145
19th October 2005, 10:09 PM
Why do i have a feeling that in the SP Fire one that your "starter" will only be fire and in the DS water one you can only get water for your "starter"? Does anyone else have that feeling?

LordGek
19th October 2005, 11:03 PM
I'm guessing each will, in true Pokemon tradition, have like three to choose from but now as opposed to picking your guy directly they'll match one to your personality (possibly questions relating to how offensive vs. defensive you see yourself in the world). This part will surely be fun to the importers like myself who can't read or speak a word of Japanese. :rolleyes:

It does seem pretty clear, however, that your DS starter WILL be some sort of water dude with the GBA guy being some sort of fire. I'm also convinced, other than those who really want to have complete collections, you'll soon enough have access to all types of pokemon and can probably even leave your starter back home and form a 4 man team out of any of the folk you've recruited.

Snake Eyes
21st October 2005, 1:56 PM
My guess is: That you can start with all three water starters in Blue (Squrtle, Totodile, Mudkip) And the same with Red, but in vice verse. I'm not too sure where the grass types fit in though...

Blazing Charizard
21st October 2005, 1:56 PM
That was so funny! I mean, you can barely see the screen and all you hear is cheap keyboard music and the Japanese Darth Vader going on...and on...and on...about something!! Man, I was holding back giggles on that one. I don't even care what it was about...^_^

Snake Eyes
21st October 2005, 2:19 PM
That was so funny! I mean, you can barely see the screen and all you hear is cheap keyboard music and the Japanese Darth Vader going on...and on...and on...about something!! Man, I was holding back giggles on that one. I don't even care what it was about...^_^

Yeah, most trailers are like that when their due date is a bit far away.

JazzJazz
21st October 2005, 10:44 PM
My guess is: That you can start with all three water starters in Blue (Squrtle, Totodile, Mudkip) And the same with Red, but in vice verse. I'm not too sure where the grass types fit in though...

Your "guess" wouldn't be based on the official information that has been released so far, would it? As for the grass starters, I'd say they'd be potential partners for your starter very early on in the game(s).

LordGek
21st October 2005, 10:58 PM
Hey Gang,

With the 380 folk in the game, and based on the footage, I'll bet you'll have access to nearly any of the pokemon as partners minus maybe a few Legendaries. Although, knowing Nintendo and Gamefreak, I'm sure many of them will only be available via tricky out of game kind of stuff (like part of some real world promotion, magazines, or other stuff us folk over here in the US would likely never have access to).

JazzJazz
22nd October 2005, 1:02 AM
With the 380 folk in the game, and based on the footage, I'll bet you'll have access to nearly any of the pokemon as partners minus maybe a few Legendaries. Although, knowing Nintendo and Gamefreak, I'm sure many of them will only be available via tricky out of game kind of stuff (like part of some real world promotion, magazines, or other stuff us folk over here in the US would likely never have access to).

I'm sure there'll be a need to trade as well in order to access all of the available pokemon...

Time/SpaceMage
24th October 2005, 12:39 AM
Ahhh, 8-directional movement! *raises hands to the heavens* Thank you!
OK, so Onix was really big. I guess I never really paid attention to his size before, but man was he taking up room. Something that big doesn't look like it'd tag along well, so maybe it's a boss. Also, I noticed that Cubone's Bonemerang struck a Vibrava, which in the games is immune to Ground. Perhaps abilities are not taken into consideration in this game? That sounds like bad news for Shedinja.

LordGek
24th October 2005, 10:09 PM
What is Charmander fighting in that first fight scene? They look like little coke bottles or something (at the :30 mark in the footage).

Tamer Zack
24th October 2005, 10:15 PM
What is Charmander fighting in that first fight scene? They look like little coke bottles or something (at the :30 mark in the footage).

There Sunkerns

The Big Al
28th October 2005, 1:19 AM
Very cool. I have to play it just for the feel.

THat was a Spinarak, not a Vibrava

broken_inside
29th October 2005, 6:07 AM
Yah. I saw that. It looks pretty alright. I don't know if I'll buy it if it comes out though.

LBB
30th October 2005, 6:07 PM
at the end i think(i cant read it also)
it said it comes out 11/17/0?
cuz i saw 11[japanese]17[japanese]

sorry for reposting if someone possted this already

LordGek
30th October 2005, 6:44 PM
I'm snagging ASAP and the best deal I've seen so far is www.yesasia.com for $42.99 for Blue (DS) with free world wide shipping (the Red was $41.99)! I've never dealt with www.yesasia.com before so while they SEEM very prefessional and all (even responding pretty quickly to some technical difficulties with my order) I'm afraid to vouch to far for them quite yet.

LordGek
2nd November 2005, 4:43 AM
Here's more footage!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/aphjb24j/top/movie_pre.wmv

JazzJazz
2nd November 2005, 6:24 PM
I saw scenes that didn't feature a fire or water starter as part of the team at all... does this mean that you're not stuck with the "main" pokemon on the team for the whole game? Perhaps it had just been knocked out in the footage I saw.

The Big Al
2nd November 2005, 6:32 PM
As your team grows, it might also split to deal with multiple missions.

LordGek
2nd November 2005, 6:33 PM
Its my belief that your team can be composed of any of your team from back home, just limited in number of folk you can bring along (I'm assuming upto 4 but only guessing from one shot of the party screen). I think the "YOU" is really only your starter and or your main man taking care of business in town.

Hydronus
8th November 2005, 2:05 AM
is there any diff. (besides platform) for blue or red?

LordGek
8th November 2005, 2:35 AM
is there any diff. (besides platform) for blue or red?

Not much, just that Blue uses the extra screen in handy ways:
http://www.serebii.net/mysteriousdungeon/ds.shtml

Hydronus
8th November 2005, 3:10 AM
thanks for the help

LordGek
12th November 2005, 5:17 PM
More revealing magazine screenshots of Mysterious Dungeon (and one of Rangers, I think):
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_scans_reveal_more_on_Dungeon_of_Mystery_and_Ra nger