PDA

View Full Version : Inuyasha/Kagome VS Inuyasha/Kikyo

Kagome Higurashi
16th October 2005, 9:46 PM
The ultimate Inuyasha debate.

Which do you believe is more likely, Inuyasha/Kagome or Inuyasha/Kikyo? Which is better? Who loves Inuyasha more and who does Inuyasha love more?

Debate here. I think Inu/Kag is more likely, and I think Inuyasha loves Kagome more.

cold_katanagirl
16th October 2005, 9:56 PM
Please don't tell me you're one of those people who think Inuyash and Kikyou never loved each other.

I'm tired of you people. <_<

Oh. Guess I should answer the questions. Blah opinion.

Inu x Kag is more likely. Inu x Kik is better. Inu loved Kik at more at first, then equally, and he basically loves Kag more at this point. He pretty much says it in a couple episodes.

Who loves Inu more... I'd say about the same. Until Kikyou died. Too much hatred going on with her. She seems to see Inuyasha as a partner after the season ends, at least from what I've heard about it. Kagome's the only one keeping this ship alive because of her jealousy issues. I guess in the manga it's kind of iffy, but it's basically dead.

Soooo, I'd go with Kagome.

Revolutionary Destiny
16th October 2005, 10:06 PM
I'm all for Inuyasha and Kikyo (or as I like to personally call it, "Kikinu"). If I remember correctly, Rumiko Takahashi said that Inuyasha loves both of them about the same. As for who loves Inuyasha more, it's hard to say. They're both willing to die to be with/for Inuyasha.

But I have heard somewhere that Inuyasha picked to be with Kikyo in one episode, but Kagome made him feel guilty (there's a name for people like her...And it starts with "spoiled". :p). You do have to think about the fact that Inuyasha and Kikyo are both willing to say that they love each other while Inuyasha and Kagome aren't (and attack anyone that hints at it). Even if Inuyasha decides to be with Kagome, Inuyasha will never forget Kikyo and it will cause some problems in their relationship unless one of two things happen in the end:

1) Part of Inuyasha goes with Kikyo to the afterlife while the other half stays with Kagome. This way, both women get their men.

2) It turns out that Kagome is actually a great x20 granddaughter of Inuyasha and Kikyo and unless Kagome wants to be with her great x20 grandfather, she goes back to her time (credit to this theory goes to the website Shrine Maiden).

No matter how you put it, Inuyasha will always love Kikyo. It's just who he picks to be with that causes the real controversy.

MondoTR
16th October 2005, 10:07 PM
Inu x Kag is more likely. Inu loved Kik more at first, then equally, and he basically loves Kag more at this point.

Who loves Inu more... I'd say about the same. Until Kikyou died. Too much hatred going on with her.
Katana beat me but that's basically what I would have said.

cold_katanagirl
16th October 2005, 10:23 PM
But I have heard somewhere that Inuyasha picked to be with Kikyo in one episode, but Kagome made him feel guilty (there's a name for people like her...And it starts with "spoiled". :p).That episode was eppy 48 Return to the Place Where We First Met. I guess you could count the episode before it too... Onigumo's Heart Still Beats Within Naraku or something like that.

In eppy 47 (I didn't see this one), Inuyasha and Kikyou were together for some reason, Inuyasha says he's the only one who can protect Kikyou from Naraku because Onigumo loves Kikyou or something. Then Kikyou holds a knife to Inuyasha's throat, says something like "I'm not your possession" and flies away or whatever. Kagome happens to have stumbled there and runs home.

In episode 48, Inuyasha says "Oh I'm going with Kikyou yay! :D" causing the party and Kaede are all "WTF U SUCK GO GET KAGOME FOOL KIKYO IS DEAD" and stuff. Meanwhile, Kagome's at home wallowing in misery, wishes Kikyou was dead, regrets it, then realizes she loves Inuyasha as she's walking past Goshihoweveritsspelledbuku (the place where they first met.... GASP) then her mom comforts her and whatnot.

So, uh, Inuyasha's going to Kagome's time to tell Kagome they can't see each other anymore. Since, well, Inuyasha was going off with Kikyou and all, would have been awkward.

Then he sees Kagome sitting on the well, kind of entranced by her, Kagome says some stuff like "oh me and kikyo are alike we both want to be with you so can i stay" and whatnot, then they just walk off hand in hand.

Something like that, my summaries suck.

I'd like to point out that the knife crap never happened in the manga, Kikyou seemed pretty happy to see him.

Wolf Goddess
17th October 2005, 1:32 AM
Kagome IS Kikyou. Just less cool. This debate is redundant.

Misty-Fan-Forever
17th October 2005, 1:46 PM
It was just a matter of time before this topic would be created XD I'll answer them the best I can.

Which do you believe is more likely, Inuyasha/Kagome or Inuyasha/Kikyo?
Most likely? Inuyasha and Kikyo were together until Naraku forced hem against each other. But from then on I'd say Inuyasha and Kagome would be most likely to be the final couple.

Which is better?
I'm not going to say either is better because one being better is not a fact. I prefer Inuyasha and Kagome because of the interaction. I can feel that there is love as well as those awkward moments. I prefer the whole Love-Hate thing rather that the relation Kikyo and Inuyasha have.

Who loves Inuyasha more?
Kagome seems to in my opinion. Kikyp loved him dearly but when she thought Inuyasha betrayed her she was filled with too much hate to grasp her feelings. Kikyo tried to hurt Inuyasha because of her hate and I sympathize with her. Kagome wouldn't try to hurt him unless she was possesed (reffering to Movie one) or maybe some other reason. But that's also is because she was never betrayed by him and the actions taken during modern and fudal Japan differ. They both are pure at heart and have the same soul and the same feelings basically but because of their different personalities they express it in different ways. But I believe Kagome may love him more however Kikyo loved him deeply before she was betrayed then her heart was filled with hate.

Who does Inuyasha love more?
Inuyasha and Kikyo ofcourse were in love and Inuyasha has held on to those feelings through out the series. During that time he's developed feelings for Kagome and she obviously really cares for him. Who he loves more, it depends on what episodes you're refering to, some episodes Inuyasha seems to love Kikyo more and there are times he seem to love Kagome more. In the beginning I believe the fact that he saw Kikyo in Kagome made him wonder if he feels anything for her. I think maybe because Kikyo died in 'Farwell my beloved Kikyo' (note: I've seen only series 1 and 2 but I've heard quite a bit) Inuyasha seemed to let go and accept the fact that she's gone and acknowledges his feelings for Kagome a little more. So basically I think he cares for them the same but near the end seems to love Kagome slightly more.

I hope that was an alright view and I expressed it in a way that can be understood. I am a Kagome/Inuyasha shipper but I definantly do not hate Kikyo. I really like her (particularly when she's not killing someone XD) and sympathize with her, I just prefer the relationship between Kagome and Inuyasha than Kikyo and Inuyasha though I do respect it so trust me I'm not a basher.

Saya
25th October 2005, 11:12 PM
That episode was eppy 48 Return to the Place Where We First Met.
Yes, it was. I recently saw the episode and I'd say your synopsis was pretty decent.

As for my views on the InuyashaXKikyo/Kagome shipping, well I've only seen about six or seven episodes of the actualy show, but as far as I'm concerned InuyashaXKagome is the way to go. I've really only seen one episode with Kikyo in it (Inuyasha and her weren't even together), so I really can't judge properly as of now. From what I've seen though Kagome and Kikyo probably love Inu about the same, though Kikyo has loved and known him for much longer. Inuyasha probably loves them both about the same (though I really can't testify about how much he loves Kikyo except for his saying so in Return to the Place Where We First Met), and since I've neither seen the movie nor the most recent episodes I can't really say. He definately seems to feel at least a little something for Kagome though.

I'm an InuyashaXKagome shipper at heart, but that might change as I begin to see more and more of the show.

~Saya~

Kagome Higurashi
5th November 2005, 6:32 PM
I find it odd that Inuyasha says Kagome is the first person he trusted, in both manga and anime. Trust is needed in a relationship.

cold_katanagirl
5th November 2005, 6:38 PM
I find it odd that Inuyasha says Kagome is the first person he trusted, in both manga and anime. Trust is needed in a relationship.I find it odd Kagome directly calls Inuyasha a liar and doesn't trust Inuyasha when it comes to Kikyou in the manga and anime.

You lose. *yawn*

Kagome Higurashi
6th November 2005, 2:15 AM
You're lying. Kagome would never say she didn't trust Inuyasha.

cold_katanagirl
6th November 2005, 2:16 AM
Just wait till next week. =0

Wolf Goddess
6th November 2005, 2:32 AM
You're lying. Kagome would never say she didn't trust Inuyasha.

Why oh why do people always assume that something that goes against their ship is a lie? :O

Toran Frostbite
6th November 2005, 4:20 AM
Why oh why do people always assume that something that goes against their ship is a lie? :O
Because they can't handle the truth. >.>

Kagome Higurashi
6th November 2005, 9:06 PM
Hello various Inuyasha shippers. I was wondering if a hint list could be organized so it could be placed in the hint list forum.

SAMAS
7th November 2005, 3:48 AM
I think it's going to be a problem as long as the two are seperate. They need to find a way for Kagome to reabsorb Kikkyo's soul.

Toran Frostbite
7th November 2005, 5:41 PM
I think it's going to be a problem as long as the two are seperate. They need to find a way for Kagome to reabsorb Kikkyo's soul.
Considering, however, that in theory, that Kikyou's soul needs to be returned to the afterlife so that Kagome can exist in the first place (and what about all the other reincarnations between Kikyou and Kagome? If others existed, I mean), you don't want that soul being misplaced, even if it's simply to be merged into a future version of it.

SAMAS
9th November 2005, 5:49 AM
Technically, Kikkyo's soul is still in the afterlife...

..And roaming the earth as well. IIRC, Kikyyo was pulled out of Kagome, so she is the part of the soul 500 years in the future.

Then again, there's the theory that Sango is a reincarnation between Kikyo and Kagome, but I have no idea where the hell that came from.

cold_katanagirl
27th November 2005, 9:18 PM
Sango? Wtf.

I have a feeling Kikyou's going to die soon, so her soul will fly on back to Kagome and we all live happily ever after. Yaaaaay.

Oh yeah, to all the people who were all "d0de kik don't luv trust hahaheareceareima*******" dun got school'd. :D

intergalactic platypus
27th November 2005, 10:58 PM
the funny thing is i dont even WATCH the bloody show, but i hear the fans go on about it so much ive formed an opinion. from all the evidence ive gathered, it seems like inyuasha and kagome are the big couple. kikyou seems full of anger and hatred, too much to fully grasp love for a person, and the kikyou inyuashas in love with seems to be the way she was when they were together. kagome on the other hand displays all the cliche aspects of the anime chick he ends up with. so yeah itll be him and kagome

cold_katanagirl
27th November 2005, 11:09 PM
the funny thing is i dont even WATCH the bloody show, but i hear the fans go on about it so much ive formed an opinion. from all the evidence ive gathered, it seems like inyuasha and kagome are the big couple. kikyou seems full of anger and hatred, too much to fully grasp love for a person, and the kikyou inyuashas in love with seems to be the way she was when they were together. kagome on the other hand displays all the cliche aspects of the anime chick he ends up with. so yeah itll be him and kagomeI would highly reccomend watching the show and not listening to the fans, because the Inuyasha fandom is awful. But most of what you said sounds about right.

Kagome Higurashi
27th November 2005, 11:13 PM
Why did Kikyo hold a knife at Inuyasha's throat?

cold_katanagirl
27th November 2005, 11:15 PM
Why did Kikyo hold a knife at Inuyasha's throat?I'm not quite sure.

I think when Inuyasha said something like "I'M the only one who can protect you against Naraku!" and hugged her, Kikyou got ticked for some reason. I think she said "You men are all the same, thinking you can hug a woman and she'll melt into your arms"

... Blah, something like that. Why the anime screwed that scene up is beyond me, because in the manga Kikyou was happy he was there.

Hakajin
28th November 2005, 4:22 AM
Well, I'm definitely more emotionally attached to Kag/Inu because that's the relationship that's focused on, so you see more interaction between them, and I just feel a closer connection to it. If the story had been about Kik/Inu in the beginning though, it would probably have been different for me.

So anyway, I would say their love is about equal, but they're different. Kikyo is much more mature, and in the beginning she was very possessive and vindictive. With Kagome, it's always been sweet and simple.

But I really don't see how it could work out with Kikyo and Inu-Yasha. I mean, even before she died, after that betrayal, even if they were tricked, I don't think they could've gone back to the way they were. Besides, I think Kikyo needed to find her own place in the world. She didn't really have the ability to get involved with anyone else at the time.